Speaker 1: This is Dan Capless and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform.
Speaker 2: You're back in hour two of The Dan Caplis Show, and no I am not Dan Kaplis. You're listening to Weld, Kenny Sheriff Steve Reims. I'm honored to be able to guest host this wonderful show, one that I am a big fan of. I love listening to Dan and Ryan before him any day I can. In law enforcement, sometimes your days are a little unpredictable, but I do spend a lot of time in a car, and so that gives me an opportunity to listen to some of the best talk radio in the nation, I think right here in Colorado. So we had a little bit of time in this first segment that I want to get to some of the callers. But if we want to load the line, the numbers three oh three seven one, three eight, two five five. You can also also text in at five seven seven three nine. Just start your text with Dan so I know it's aimed at me or Dan in any other day. But we have a caller from Pueblo. I think he's been waiting the longest.
Speaker 3: Matt, Yes, sir, thank you, Sheriff Steve, appreciate the opportunity.
Speaker 4: Just one thing. It's just near and.
Speaker 3: Dear to my heart and kind of took a little issue with what the congresswoman said. But the current SB twenty five zor iSER A three.
Speaker 4: I think it's more important that we educate people about the Colorado Constitution. At the federal level, the second amendment is that the federal government shall make no law. But I believe it's an Article two, section thirteen of the state Constitution. It says that the right of no person to keep in bare arms in defense of her home, person, or property paraphrasing flightly shall be called into question. The sbive it definitely does.
Speaker 2: It definitely calls that into question.
Speaker 3: Doesn't it exactly?
Speaker 4: And the taxes if you go back to Article one, section three, I believe the inalienable right to acquire property. Now you're you're basically putting a poll tax right on gun and ammunition to exercise our right. So at the federal level, I think it should be more of a fourteenth Amendment issue that protects US from the states. They do have ninth to tenth Amendment rights, but it's already in our Constitution that guns and defense are inalienable. Right, I'm sorry, my dog, that's all right.
Speaker 2: And Dodd's passionate about the Second Amendment too, so that's okay. So Matt, I couldn't agree with you more. I do have a question for you, though, being done in Publuo, I mean, what's the tone of the community down there? I mean, I know Weld County thinks this bill stinks, and I can I think I can even speak for that on on the basis of a lot of Democrats that don't support this bill. Pablo is a more Democrat area than Weld. But what are your neighbors saying, What do your friends saying? What do they think of this bill?
Speaker 3: Well, all the.
Speaker 4: People I know and associate with agree, and I'm encouraging them to look at it at the cot at the state level as well. Yeah, but you know, clearly everybody agrees there's no standing under the Second Amendment for sus. This where I'm at, honestly, it's I also since i've I've only been here about six years myself, since I got transferred from Texas.
Speaker 2: I know the feeling here, so.
Speaker 4: I'm still going through a little bit of culture shock. But most of them, said, most of the folks I know, even like you said, yet the Democrats as well understand how important this is.
Speaker 2: Well, Matt, I moved here from Texas and nineteen ninety five, and when I moved to Colorado, I thought, uh, Colorado was very much like Texas, but with a better view, and that has definitely changed over the years. The view is still nice well, as long as you look towards the mountains. If you look towards downtown Denver, it's awful at this point. But they yeah, no, it's You've got a great view down there too. But Matt, we got to keep fighting the fight. This bill's not over yet. I appreciate the call in, and you know you keep rallying the troops down there. I tell you what, Emailing and calling the governor's office and urging him to veto this bill is probably our best bet at this point. But thanks for listening, and get your dog on the phone too.
Speaker 3: Good job.
Speaker 2: Share That sounds good, Thank you, sir. So you know I think statewide. There's there's going to be a pushback to this bill. We know it's probably going to get you know, there's probably going to be some kind of lawsuit filed. In fact, we may have a guest on tomorrow and Ian Escalante with the Rocky Mountain gun owners that's planning to do just that. But you know, it ever hurts for your governor to hear from you, and whether that's you're a Democrat voter, you're a Republican voter, those calls, those those messages, they do matter, and when those start stacking up, you know, that gets sometimes that does get the needle moved. I'm not saying that it's going to be successful with this particular issue, but it's about all we got left. So you can't leave you can't leave that strategy on the table. We have another caller on the line, Jennifer from Denver.
Speaker 5: What do you got to say, Jim, Hey, sure, I was at the World County meeting the first one, okay, and I was also at the Douglas County one, and I have some observations between the two counties.
Speaker 2: Okay, tell me what you saw.
Speaker 5: Well, first of all, I saw people voting in circles and circles and circles. But that's another matter. Well, in Weld County, you know, it was clear that the people that are reasonable Republicans that want you know, less government, less taxation and don't go on the crazy bandwagon, we're definitely I felt like the dominant voice of the meeting, and no wonder Weld County is being attacked by the state GOP.
Speaker 2: Well it's kind of ironic, yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean, but the contrast was really interesting in Douglas County. And the Douglas County meeting was before the Well County run. And in Douglas County they ran a slate of.
Speaker 6: What I will call the.
Speaker 5: Far right because I don't like the name calling and all of that, the.
Speaker 6: Very far right.
Speaker 5: They ran a whole slate. Only two of those on the slate got elected. So the other two possions they were more of the reasonable. You know, I guess you can call them rhinos or what. But it was kind of an interesting contrast to Weld County.
Speaker 6: When I was at welld.
Speaker 5: County, I mean, I just felt at ease. I felt like people reasonable, you could talk about things, except for Lorie saying trotting around and you know, making grand statements and all.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll leave it to that. She's a candidate for GEOP, for the state GOP chairperson now, so she didn't an she didn't announce it that that first meeting, but I guess she's announced since then, and she was a candidate by the time we had our second election or second meeting, but she didn't show for that one.
Speaker 5: Well, some people just want to be a.
Speaker 2: Name, right, Well, she's looking for a job.
Speaker 5: So that's office. You can't get elected here, let's run for the state, right, great.
Speaker 2: Well, I appreciate the feedback.
Speaker 5: Oh, go ahead, Yeah, on SB twenty five zero Z three. Got a question if that passes, which it will probably go to the court to YadA YadA YadA.
Speaker 6: Hopefully it does, but.
Speaker 5: They probably won't set a start dating until September.
Speaker 3: Is that correct?
Speaker 2: So it's sept first. I think September one, if I'm not mistaken, But yeah, it's in September. You know, there's no way this can all get into places.
Speaker 5: Can I'll go out and buy our AR fifteens and whatnot.
Speaker 2: Correct, you can buy anything up until the point that that bill is enacted, and you'll have to follow the current laws, which requires still a background check in a three day way. This would be on top of that.
Speaker 5: Okay, so what's to prevent, you know, a run on people going and buying these guns? I mean I might even go buy one, not because I necessarily have a youth for it, but just because.
Speaker 6: It's my right to own it.
Speaker 2: Well, so you hit the nail on the head. And I think Democrats are the best gun salesman when they start running this kind of legislation because it makes people really want to exercise their Second Amendment rights. And Jen, I I appreciate you calling in. We got another caller to get to. I think we have Kevin from Boulder on the line. He says he's got a comment about the FBI. Kevin, are you with us?
Speaker 7: I'm here, Kevin.
Speaker 2: What's your comment? We just have a few minutes, so I'll have to ask you to keep it a little brief. But what do you got? What's what do you? What are your comments about the FBI?
Speaker 7: Would you say that the FBI is a national police force?
Speaker 2: I don't think I would characterize the FBI as a national police force. Now, I think there are people that do characterize them as a national police force, but I think their powers are are limited in scope. I don't think they can enforce a lot of what you see local law enforcement dealing with. They have a narrower focus. But you know, arguments have been made the other way.
Speaker 7: The reason I ask, of course, is that your opinion or are you speaking legally or constitutionally?
Speaker 2: I guess both. I don't. I don't think. I mean, that's my opinion, and I think that's my interpretation of what their constitutional authority would be, if you want to call it that.
Speaker 7: I ask, because the Constitution forbids a national police force, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I don't I don't believe that that's what they represent now. I think they've been weaponized by some administrations to try to look that way. You know, we saw that under the last administration, where the FBI was kind of kind of doing the bidding of someone else who was pulling the string. So I see where your concern of them becoming that becoming a slippery slope can come from. But quite honestly, I've never had a lot of interactions with the FBI where they were helpful in many investigations. Now that's not saying they don't serve a place and a purpose they have. They have taken some cases that we were glad to have them around. But for the most part, Uh, the FBI is is not somebody that we that we in my agency call on very often. But thanks for the call. Thanks for calling in, Kevin, and we appreciate you listening. We got just a couple of seconds here left before we go to break. But you know, I encourage people to call in and we can do this whole Ask the sheriff a question thing. I'm never going to dodge a question. If you've got something about Weld County, if you got something about law enforcement in the state of Colorado, I'll try to answer it. I may not know. I may have to get back with you by tomorrow. But you can call in at three O three seven one three eight two five five, or you can text Dan at five seven seven three nine and we'll read your text off the wall here. So again, you know, it's it's great to have these callers getting involved. It's great to have people that are activated and leaning in about Senate Bill three twenty five zero zero three. But ultimately, in this state, we have to make a movement as a Republican Party to bring balance back if we want to see these things stop, and we can't do that by calling each other names. We can't do that by fighting within our own party. We have to do that standing shoulder to shoulder and moving forward in the right direction and showing voters that we have better solutions to their problems, just like you saw at the national level when Donald Trump won the presidency and he's back in office, and I couldn't be more happy with that. I think we'll cut to break, and on the other side, we're going to have guest Matt Turner, who's running to replace me in Weld County, and he can have it at this point, So we'll cut to break, and you're listening to The Dan Kapla Show. Steve Reams filling in for the Big Guy.
Speaker 8: And now back to the Dan Kapla Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Back with the Dan Kaplis Show. We got Steve Raims, Weld County Sheriff, filling in. And in honor of that song that Ryan just played, coming back in, we must announce that the astronauts are back in the terrestrial Earth. They are I don't think they're walking yet, but they're unloaded from the spacecraft and they don't look like they're feeling the greatest, but they got smiles from ear to ear, and I can't imagine a better feeling than what they're going through. I want to hit just a couple of texts before we get to our next guest. Eric sent in a text saying, Hey, we've got an event coming up. Take back the second. It's Saturday, eleven am to two pm May eighteenth. Oh no, I'm sorry, that was an old event. He's talking about a flag that I gave him, a thin blue line flag that I pulled out of my back pocket and told him thank you for being at the event. I know who this Eric is. He's a great guy. He's just glad to be part of the process here. And love's listening to the show. Another one, Hey, sheriff and joined the show so much, great job. And then actually, Sheriff, you talk about can you talk about what the los athemous? Let's see what the I don't know it's against Oh the how tough it's been to recruit people over the last five years because some of the stuff that's happened at the state House. We'll get to that in a little bit. Well, that's a topic in and of itself. Maybe we'll cover that a little bit with our next guest. I hinted to this before the show start. At the start of the show, I only have one year, nine months, and eighteen days left in office, not that anyone's counting. And there's a young man who's running to take my place. When I say young man, he's younger than me, so that's what counts. He's been with the Wellcounty Sheriff's Office for a little bit of time, and his name is Matt Turner. We've got him on the line and I want to introduce him to you. So, Matt Turner, are you with us?
Speaker 6: I'm with you. How you doing?
Speaker 2: I'm doing great and good talking to you again from a remote location. I don't have to see your face all the time, but I get to see it pretty frequently because we work side by side on a lot of things. But Matt, you decided that you're going to a run for sheriff because you must have suffered a really bad head injury at some point in your life. And I say that tongue in cheek because I know you did suffer a head injury when you were serving our country. So the give the callers, a little bit of a background about who you are, why you're running for sheriff, other than just having a head injury, and you know what's the calling, Why do you want to do this and why do you want to carry on the torch of the Weld County Sheriff's Office.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, Matt Hey, thanks very much, Boston. You know, I'll go ahead and say that I've had a few head injuries, but man, I'm super happy to serve this community. This I have grown to love this community. I'm not a native to Weald County. I came here and I've been here for the last thirteen years, and I have loved every second of it. But a lot of that has to do with the ethics, the character, and the mission of Weld County, and I think you're a great picture of that. So I've had a great time working for you. I've had a great time serving a citizens. But I thrive in public service. I working my time in the military, I developed a love for service, sure, and it gives me purpose. It gives me a mission. Every day when my alarm goes off, I wake up energized and ready to come to work, and I'm happy to continue that, but more so, I want to make sure that our office continues to do that too. And you know, I'll say this one thing is that I didn't ever dream of being a politician. I never dreamed of running for office. It's not something I want. I don't want the authority that comes with it. I don't want the image that comes with it. And honestly, if there was a person at the office that I saw who I think would be a better person to run the office than me, I would support them. I just don't see that. And we have a rich history of growing our sheriffs within our office, and I want to be that next person to make sure that the community is taken care of. That's my ultimate goal.
Speaker 2: Well, and that's you know. I saw that in you too, Matt. I think you've you've risen through the ranks of the Sheriff's office and an amazing amount of time. But I think that a lot of that comes from your past history. Tell the callers a little bit about your history before the Shareff's office, and we're a little limited on time, so you know the reader's digest version if you will.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I woke up one Tuesday morning. I didn't have any direction in life.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 6: I was twenty three years old. I didn't know what I was going to do, and that day I decided to join the military and I joined the United States Army. I left for Fort Benning, Georgia, and I had quite the experience. By the time I hit Iraq. I was a fire team leader and I did nothing. For most of my time in Iraq led I led a great group of guys doing that. They're guys that I still talked to Matt monthly. But after my time in the my tour of service in the United States Army, I came back to Colorado and I served in the Colorado Army National Guard out of Fort Lefton for three years. And right around that time, I got the job at the Sheriff's office and found that new way to serve and I got out of the military. But every lesson that I learned through leadership lesson just tactical lessons in life, lessons from the military, I've applied to my time in the Sheriff's office, and like you said, I help it. I think it helped me escalate very quickly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I know you won't mention this. You're and this isn't something you wear on your sleeve, but you're a Purple Heart recipient from your time in Iraq. You were in a vehicle that hit a roadside bomb and your your entire crew took it pretty hard. You were you were able to survive that incident and recover, but it obviously leaves leaves some lasting scars, both emotionally and physically. And you've overcome that and applied what you've what you've been through to the Sheriff's Office in a in a great way. So talk a little bit about your talk a little bit about your experience with the s O. Just real quick, we only have about thirty seconds.
Speaker 6: You know, I jumped around the Sheriff's Office quite a bit in different, different different areas. I started out as a deputy in the jail, and I've just tried to experience as much of the office as I can.
Speaker 2: And I, oh, sorry, go ahead, you're running from the position to Captain Matt. I'm sorry, we're cutting you a little short. You're gonna have a fundraiserund Thursday night. Go to his website TURNERF Sheriff dot com And we appreciate you having you on. You're listening to Dan Caplis with Steve Riems as the host. You're back with the Dan Caplis Show. You got Steve Rieims welcoming Sheriff filling in today and again, it's just an honor to be helping keep Dan's show on the rails, or at least trying to. I'm trying not to crash the corvette and run it into the wall, but he gave me the keys, so I feel like I'm I'm gonna have to at least bring it back with a couple of scratches and maybe a dent. So it's cool sitting here and getting to be on the other side of the stereo, I guess, or the radio if you will, actually putting the show out instead of just listening to it. Because I'm a big fan of the Dan Caplis Show and the show before that, the Ryan Shuling Show. So this is kind of a bucket list thing for me today, a lot of fun, to be honest with you. We didn't get much time with the last guest, and I want to make sure in that final segment that I put out just a little bit of his information because it's important to me to see a good candidate get elected in Weld County for the office of Sheriff. I am term limited. I am happy to be leaving. It's not that the job hasn't been great, but it's time for some new faces and new blood, and I think Matt Turner is going to be a great candidate for that office. But we're going to transition just a little bit now to another former law enforcement guy, Ryan Armagos. He is the representative for HD sixty four. He's also the minority whip, which has to come with some really cool accouterments. I hope he's like Indiana Jones looking. But Ryan, are you on the line with us? And how you doing this afternoon?
Speaker 9: Yes, sir, thank you, Sheriff, I'm doing it. How are you doing?
Speaker 2: I'm doing great. Ryan. Do you get to carry an actual whip with you down at the State House, because I feel like that could be pretty handy.
Speaker 9: I don't I would probably be sort of the probing the ethical issue, ever be you.
Speaker 2: Probably end up wanting to use that in a way that's not most advantageous to your career. But Ryan, you know, I know you pretty well. I know when you got into into this seed. I know kind of some of your motivations for running to be a state rep. But the callers are the listeners may not, So what made you decide to switch gears and say, you know what, I'm gonna throw my hat in the ring and run for HD sixty four and represent some great people in northern Colorado, mostly that birthed area. But just tell us how you got to where you're at.
Speaker 9: Absolutely five years ago, I never would have said I'd be in any kind of elected position. But I came from career, military and law enforcement, just like who you're talking about with Kevin Turner. But I didn't have any anything other than service. I think between military a I served a couple of years as a firefighter in Evans and then went into law enforcement larmer chemist sheriff's office, and after twenty twenty kind of the negative turn toward law enforcement is really what led me there. Well, there was a steep turn toward holding up the criminal and holding down the victims, and you know, the people that are just trying to live their lives from day to day, go to work and.
Speaker 3: Do their thing.
Speaker 9: So that's what got me a lot more politically vocal in twenty twenty. And then come twenty twenty one, I started getting very politically driven, and that's when I was running for or looking for an opportunity to run for something, and it just so happened they redistricted and there was a new house Distory sixty four that opened up and threw my hat in the ring, and it seemed like it was just kind of paid from there on out.
Speaker 2: So right, So, Ryan, you know, I think it's important to highlight your background. You do have some law enforcement experience, you do have some great military experience, and you bring that with you to the job. But you hinted on something that one of the callers had talked about before, and it's basically, how tough has the world of law enforcement? Then in the state of Colorado? Why are things so upside down? And you can probably speak to it better than anyone because you're down at the place where all where I think all the responsibility lies for why law enforcement has gotten so upside down in the state of Colorado. You described why you wanted to activate and get involved in politics, and it was, if I'm not speaking out of turn, probably sent it Bill two seventeen. But those same legislators are those same types of legislators have continued to push the anti law enforcement narrative. How do you see it down there? How does it feel being down in that house and hearing that rhetoric that goes on, and what do you do to fight back?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 9: Absolutely, there's this level of just anti law enforcement, anti authority, and that's what really got me more motivated once I started visiting the capitol and really seeing what the tone was down there. And since then, it's only seeming like it's been getting progressively worse from year to year. This year it seems like it's definitely the worst. And like you said, since two seventeen came around, there have been other methods of that, if not tying the hands of law enforcement, making their job more restrictive and more bureaucratic to be able to make a simple split second decisions that are required by a law enforcement officer minute to minute. So I think it's just made it to where it's hard to be a cop in Colorado. There's you know, retention became an issue. There was really nothing until you know, when the new proposition came out for the voters to decide that they wanted to refund law enforcement and give them the ability to get back to where they were, the incentive to provide the training that is now obviously required by the state. But it's just been it's been very hard to counter that. Being in the minority, we only had a few me and Gabe Evans who were the two law enforcement prior law enforcement officers in the Capitol. Now it's just done to me, it's and seemed moved gone up to Congress. But it's been the challenge just having that ability to speak for law enforcement and constantly listen to just the negative rhetoric and the negative outlook from a lot of the legislators down there on law and toward me.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine what you hear and how frustrating it can be. And you know, you transition from that to some of the other bills that I think you know, we're seeing in this legislative session. We've talked about Senate Bill three, but you're in the fight down there. You're on some of those committees that are having the discussions about Senate Bill three and how that travels through the House. How frustrating is it to you to see this obvious gun grab, this terrible bill push through and to listen to the testimony. I mean, how do you how do you how do you digest that? How do you push back and kind of what's your thought process of where this thing ends up.
Speaker 9: Well, it's just this is one of I think there's twenty three I believe anti bills coming to legislatures this year. But yeah, that's the most egregious and atrocious that we've had in Colorado history of non American history. And it's morphed so many times. Every time it's been read, it's morphed into something different, and this more the most recent one became an all out attack on gun owners. Anyone that wants to purchase any any firearm. Basically they have to now pay their way into owning a firearm. So they have to go through some sort of training, whether it be hunter education or a twelve hour course that would end up being a two day training that they would have to attend just to be able to purchase a firearm. But beyond that, it became a slap in the face to law enforcement because not only are they putting this on Colorado parks and lid life that is not funded for that, and definitely not employee. They don't have the employees to do this. They barely have enough to do hunter education, so doing making it an unfunded mandate for the county Sheriff's to Calleretto, it's basically going to come on them to do the fingerprints in the background without any funding from the state, So they're going to have to eat that cost as kind of a slap in the base to law enforcement, the Colorado Parks and Wildlife and the hunters, because this is going to comeout of licensing toes to get your hunting license, so it's not going to be very dismantling for hunters, iron owners, and law enforcement.
Speaker 2: I always say when a bill has to take multiple pages to figure out how to strip away your rights and really doesn't ever tackle anything dealing with, you know, how you're going to reduce crime or how you're going to increase public safety, the bill's probably a bad bill. This one's eighteen pages long in its current version. It's eighteen pages of well, I won't say what I want to say, but on page seventeen there's a portion there that it drives me crazy more than anything because it basically says, hey, the Attorney General has the ability to go in and kind of make decisions about what they think the intent this bill is if anything is to ever come into question. I know that's not in a lot of bills, but it's in this bill, and that can't even I mean, that gives the attorney general power in my mind that they just shouldn't be seated.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Absolutely, And that's obviously another partisan seat where I can go either direction, and we obviously know what direction that would go in the current in Colorado administration.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, Ryan, I can't tell you that I envy the position that you're in because when you were running for that I may have asked you if you were crazy, but you've proven that you are because you're in your second term down there, you're fighting the fight. You are a voice of reason when it comes to gun bills. We appreciate the fact that you're down there trying to do everything you can. We hope that we keep adding Republican seats down there, because Republicans really do have the solutions to a lot of these problems, and the Democrats just keep making life harder in the way I see it. Do you have any closing comments you want to leave us with any bills that we should be on the lookout for. Just we'll close out with whatever you have to provide to the listeners.
Speaker 9: There's definitely a lot more coming. I think the biggest thing for people to do is just get involved. I think it's scary when people don't know that these builts are coming until they're already they've already become law. Right, getting involved, Getting in touch with your legislator, even if it's not somebody that is on the same side you vote on, but at least getting getting in touch with a legislator that you know you can get information from and valid information from on what's coming. Just to stay in touch, stand the know, and be forward looking on what's coming down before it has already become law and it's already affecting you. So getting involved in the capital as much as you can is definitely important for everybody to come on down and get your voice heard in the people's house and right.
Speaker 2: If people want to follow you, I assume you're on Facebook, X all those places. You got a website you want to throw out real quick? Yeah.
Speaker 3: Rep.
Speaker 9: Ryan armagust On on X Representative Ryan and armagust on Facebook and also Ryan armagost for RAC sixty four on Facebook. And yeah, Ryan, Armagos dot or sorry armagsfrast sixty four dot com is the website so everyone can kind of see where we're at on any given moment. You can send up with my newsletters and anything there as well.
Speaker 2: Great, Ryan, we appreciate you you being on. I know you personally, and you're not a guy who's got a lot of words a lot of time. You're very you're very quiet, you're very thoughtful, you keep your conversation short, and so bringing you on the radio is probably outside of your comfort zone. But I really appreciate you being on. I really appreciate you educating the listeners and just thanks for your time and thanks for what you do down there at the stay House. We appreciate it.
Speaker 9: Thanks for everything you do. I appreciate you having me on.
Speaker 2: You bet so we'll got we're going to cut to break. We'll come back in this last segment and kind of do a mop up and clean up the mess I've made. Ryan's laughing because he's kind thinking right now, you should throw this guy out of the booth. But regardless, you listen to the Dan Kaples Show. You got Steve Rims as a guest host, and we'll be back in just a few.
Speaker 8: And now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Music musical entrance in honor of House Minority Whip Ryan Arma Gost You said that.
Speaker 10: I'm reminded of the scene where the samurai guy shows up and raiders at Lastar.
Speaker 8: He's got all these.
Speaker 10: Moves, he's showing off the sword and then he just busts up the gun and blows them away.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think it's a forty four that he pulls.
Speaker 8: Out and just stevens the score certainly did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's a great scene.
Speaker 11: But do you guys know the story behind that scene?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 8: No, you should tell us that, you really should. Yeah.
Speaker 11: So Harrison Ford had dysentery what and so he had lived that scene because he was feeling so bad that he basically, you know, let the guy do all of his stuff and then he just love it.
Speaker 2: You know, you couldn't have written it any better. No, Right, that's that's such a memorable scene out of you know, a movie from my generation.
Speaker 8: I love it.
Speaker 10: Doesn't it surprise me either with Harrison Ford because there's, you know, the long standing observation that George Lucas is really poor at writing dialogue. And especially romantic dialogue with real stilted like he'd.
Speaker 8: Never spoken to a girl before.
Speaker 10: So at the end of Empire strikes Back spoiler alert, Princess Leah, as Hans Solo is being lowered into the carbonite, says I love you, and the original script says I love you too, and then Harrison Ford's like, Han Solo wouldn't say that, So he just looks back and goes, I know, and that is totally a Han Solo respect.
Speaker 2: That is right. The other way, it doesn't work the other way, it's too cheesy. Well, so you know, this is like the fastest two hours I think I've ever had in my life.
Speaker 8: That's a good sign, let me tell you.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it went great, But you do have to break an argument that that we have had here.
Speaker 8: Like she knows she's wrong.
Speaker 10: She's an anti American communist because she hates both chocolate and bacon.
Speaker 8: What the exactly, See, I almost had to dump you there.
Speaker 11: Yeah, No, that's the Seriously, that's not what I was going to say.
Speaker 2: Chocolate covered bacon, Yes, it's awesome, sweet and savor. Okay, so what's the tiebreaker going on?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 11: I was talking about barbecue.
Speaker 10: Oh no, yeah, she Again, this doesn't help your cause either doesn't like chocolate, doesn't like bacon, doesn't like barbecue, smoke meats of any kind.
Speaker 2: So I grew up in Texas. Barbecue is a whole food group.
Speaker 8: O lord, and they do not have good not helping.
Speaker 2: They do not have good barbecue in Colorado. Well, I'm going to give you a pass because you've probably never had really good barbecue from California.
Speaker 10: So communists, obviously, Sheriff, you think that Texas barbecue is the best, better than Memphis, better than Saint louis better than Carolina, right.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't know if I think it's I love it. I love it, but you know, they're all a little different. It doesn't mean I don't like those others though. Good barbecue is good barbecue, but there is a difference in all of them. I mean, I've been to Kansas City and they do it right there too, But Texas has that that smoky you know, rich, It's it's so good.
Speaker 10: What do you go with, Like, you go to a barbecue restaurant, what's your go to order? Oh it's brisket, absolutely brisket. Yeah, good stuff, burn ins too, Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: The best. But honestly, in Kansas City, I think they did the burned ins better there, So.
Speaker 8: Okay, I think, I okay, that doesn't help at all this conversation. Well, I'm just telling it.
Speaker 2: At least you didn't say a corn dog.
Speaker 8: Oh love, oh boy, barbecue loves corn dogs.
Speaker 2: So I don't know how you know. I was afraid I was going to derail the show. Now look what has happened. It's all her fun. Well, well, just clean up here a little bit, you know it was. It was a fun day with everybody. I didn't get to have Matt Turner on as long as i'd like, but I do want to plug his website. You can go to his website at Turner turnerfor sheriff dot com. He's having a fundraiser on Thursday night. He'd probably love to have some donations and some people attending. And I want to see him get elected. I fully endorse him, and I hope the people of Weald County will too. This has been a pleasure. I'm signing off on the Dan Kaplas Show Steve Raims as guest host,