Speaker 1: Come on, come on hit it.
Speaker 2: D's good morning. This is Ed McMahon. I know, ladies and gentlemen. That's right he rod Ryan. Okay, here we go. Welcome back for the weekend. Everybody, wakey, wakey, hands off snakey. Rod Ryan Show checking in Mill Monday. I hope you guys had a great weekend. Lots of rain, lots of raine for sure. Things happening today on the show. For me, the biggest thing the store and the auction ends today at ten a m The rod Ryan Show Cares Foundation raising money today. Our last day Breast Cancer Awareness Month was last month, but we got that auction in those new shirts, the Phony concert shirt and the hoodie, all that stuff in the store. It shuts down today at ten o'clock. Sammy Baker Davis Junior, that's huge. He's going for win number five today. In the fresh out of bed head to Head Challenge, We're gonna start giving away some Monster Jam tickets for some of these shows in the beginning of the year.
Speaker 3: February first, we've got a four.
Speaker 2: Pack of passes for Monster Jam. Tickets go on sale tomorrow through Ticketmaster locations, Monster Jam and Homeroom. On the Fun fact flashback Texas Hammer Game. Highly suspect tickets to go see them this Friday. We'll play that game at seven twenty. Got Nutcracker market tickets for you will be cracking nuts at around eight twenty. I'm going against some other stuff for you. I have to talk about it in the nine o'clock hour. But prizes today, Free booty today, forty percent chances scattered, thunderstorms, windy high of eighty five.
Speaker 3: Good morning Tesla. On to Houston's headlines.
Speaker 4: Hey, good morning Ron and good morning home Room. So it was a busy Sunday on the campaign trail as a candidates are making their final appeal to voters. Former President Trump's have took to the East coast with rallies in a trio of battle round states that including Pennsylvania, North Carolina, and Georgia.
Speaker 5: Meanwhile, Vice President Kamala Harris.
Speaker 4: Made a series of stops in Michigan after attending a church service in Detroit. Now, guys, as you know, didn't know the polls open tomorrow morning. This is a twenty twenty four presidential election, the big time to vote. Both candidates again spending the weekend trying to convince voters of their vote.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: The US Secret Service is taking steps to enhance security ahead of tomorrow's election.
Speaker 5: Workers were seen reinforcing fencing.
Speaker 4: At the White House and the Naval Observatory yesterday. So, yeah, overall preparations for election day and it's possible aftermath.
Speaker 2: That's what's going on.
Speaker 4: Those are the big headlines that we'll continue to talk about that. Let's talk about Fireball whiskey. They are doing something called crier ball whiskey, which embraces a competitive spirit by blending fireball with actual human tiers of losers. Yeah, Fireball says they're going to go to six big rivalry games this month, three college football games, three NFL games, and they'll have people stationed at the exit where they'll ask losing fans to donate their tears. They want that into the fireball because that now it's crier ball.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, no, embracing the competitive spirit.
Speaker 4: Hol Salty Grabby Award winning record producer Quincy Jones has died at the age of ninety one. Joes is said to have passed away peacefully, surrounded by family and his home in Belair in California yesterday. His career in the entertainment industry span over sixty years.
Speaker 5: He worked with so many artists.
Speaker 4: Such as Frank Sinatra, Michael Jackson, Ray Charles, including a collaboration with Lionel, Richie and Michael on the nineteen eighty five charity single we Are the World. So he was inducted in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in twenty thirteen.
Speaker 5: So our ip Quincy Jones.
Speaker 2: You learn a lot about him when you watch the documentary on this. I think it's called the Greatest Night in Pop. They do a documentary on how this whole thing with We Are the World came together. It's it's an awesome documentary. It really is great. What streaming service is it? I don't know one of the million that are out there.
Speaker 5: It was on Netflix?
Speaker 2: Okay, thanks?
Speaker 4: Did you know that John Cash almost never recorded his cover of nine Inches of the Nine Inch Nails song Hurt this one right here? Rick Rubin absolutely actually suggested the song three times, but Johnny kept ignoring it, didn't think he was right for it. It wasn't until Rick finally got Johnny in the studio and sang the song to him in person that Johnny finally understood how good it could be.
Speaker 5: So you can go read that story of the music.
Speaker 2: Both page. Those are Houston sad.
Speaker 3: Lines A here we go, I'll find it, here we go.
Speaker 6: Hi.
Speaker 1: Well, Texans didn't play yesterday, so we got no Texans update. But Monday Night football we got Patrick Mahomes and the undefeated Chiefs hosting Baker Mayfield and the Buccaneers.
Speaker 2: Chiefs come into this as nine point favorites.
Speaker 1: Kickoffs at seven fifteen and you can watch it on ESPN and basketball. The Rockets are gonna be back in action tonight. They're going to host the Nicks at the Toyota Center. Tip Off for that one's at seven forty five. You can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety and soccer uson dinadfc's season came to an end last night. They fell to the Seattle Sounders in penalties, so they lose their first round series two games to none. It was a good season though, by the Dynamo. That is what's going on in sports, all right, here we go.
Speaker 2: Guys, who's up? Who wants to talk? Is anybody listening? Does anybody coming to our party?
Speaker 7: Today?
Speaker 2: It's called Monday, It's called milk Monday. Uh, if you're up and you want to talk, you want to get a started today with the first phone call, I'd love to hear from you. Seven one three two one two five nine four five. We will be busy not only today but all week long, and I will be beating you up to get into that rod Ryan Show Cares online store. First phone called Chilly, Light them up. Seven one three two one two five nine four five. The most interactive show on the radio starts right now. Many four or five buzz semi sonics closing time.
Speaker 3: As we are just getting things started here on.
Speaker 2: The Rod Ryan Show. Welcome to the four Hours of Pain. Wakey, wakey, hands off, snaky did you make it okay? With the clocks falling back, everybody should be nice and well rested with that extra hour sleep. We got a forty percent chance of scattered thunderstorms. Windy today, highs of around eighty five. Very busy on this Monday. As I mentioned today, with the store and the auction all coming to an end, this is it. This is my big last push for you guys. Please, if you can get into the rod Ryan Show Cares online store today, rod I've got every t shirt I need from you. I need I've got all the koozies and hats. I okay, can you drop ten dollars in there? Can you drop a couple of dollars in there? Do you have any extra, any money laying around? I know it's weird, it's a crazy time to ask, just as we're moving into the holidays, everybody's gonna be strapped. But this is it. This is my last day for the store. But the auction, the guitar, and the autographed jacket. Listen, these are already exceeded what I thought was going to happen with these things.
Speaker 3: But we'll talk about where they're at. But it's not eBay.
Speaker 2: So don't think you're gonna get in there in the last two seconds and try to get that bid to try to sneak it, you know, sneak that prize or that auction item away from somebody. You're gonna have to go in there, bid with confidence, bid high, get in there. Chilie will have this as the first link today under links and guests on the world famous Rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot Com. Huge morning for Sammy Baker Davis Junior. He's going for win number five.
Speaker 3: He's only been in the Hall of Fame twice, which I don't mean only he's.
Speaker 2: Played a lot. He's been in the Hall twice. He's a great player. Can he push it through? Can we get another Hall of Famer? Can we get a couple more Hall of Famers before we do the Tournament of Champions. I'm hoping. So we're gonna talk Monster Jam in Home Room on the flashback Texas Hammer game today at seven twenty and phones are ringing.
Speaker 6: It's not time for the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 2: Chris got through first. Hi Chris, Hi, good morning brother on good morning Chris. How are you? I'm doing just bonn. I am bleaded to be listening to Home Room on my Monday morning. Thank you very much, man, I appreciate that. Yes, what else is going on with you?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 2: Nothing much. I'm going to get some training to go in through refinery this morning. And I just want to say that I got well rested over the weekend with that extra hour of sleep. Oh look at you, big stretch, all rested up. Chris got that extra hour. We all got an extra hour sleep. So I shouldn't hear any complaining right other than is it brighter out right now. I mean, isn't that supposed to be the benefit of going back to standard time? Is the sun out? I mean, I got an inside cabin here. I can't see. I don't think it's bright out. I don't think it's any brighter than usual. It's it's it's mild, okay. I mean that's the argument that people have. It is brighter earlier. My complaint. It's been well documented that it gets dark so soon, and yesterday was the first one.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh, look at it. It's five thirty.
Speaker 2: It's like dark outside. Yes, I hated it.
Speaker 3: Well that's what it's gonna be for the next I don't how many months. But you're well rested, you're good to go, yes, sir?
Speaker 2: All right, bro, thank you man.
Speaker 3: I appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Good luck today, Chris, thanks for getting the started this morning. Uh yeah, just for any one else. It's because the clocks haven't changed. Here, I'm looking at the main one that I tell you guys what time it is every day, all morning long.
Speaker 3: It still says seven to ten.
Speaker 2: Miss that one. It's six ' ten everybody. I hope your clocks are squared away. Let me take a short break, let me come back at a rerec check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for the Fresh out of Bed Head to Head.
Speaker 6: Houston for Houston's alternative and home at The Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four The.
Speaker 3: Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Welcome back rod Ryan Show, Welcome back from the weekend. Everyone today. Forty percent chance of scattered thunderstorms. This is the rain that we said we needed, right we're getting it all windy today too.
Speaker 7: Hi.
Speaker 2: Today, of around eighty five, it is six nineteen. It's gonna drive me crazy. That clock is wrong. The main clock in here has not been updated. So forgive me. I know I'm trying to look at different areas for the weather or for the weather end of the time.
Speaker 4: James Vanderbeek from Dawson's Creek announced that he had colorectal cancel cancer diagnoses. He's been diagnosed with that. He says that he you know, his health battle, he shared it publicly. He says he's been privately dealing with this and has been taking the steps to resolve it with the support of his incredible family.
Speaker 5: So that's a big story. Going around right now.
Speaker 4: Also, you had Harambei Alex, but now you have Peanuts.
Speaker 2: Peanut. The squirrel was seized.
Speaker 4: There is a huge controversy. A man who took in this orphan squirrel says, it's surreal. He like people, like twelve people went into his house.
Speaker 5: They wouldn't let him feed his horses.
Speaker 4: Dude runs an animal sanctuary, and they took his squirrel, Peanut.
Speaker 5: They euthanized him.
Speaker 4: And the raccoon is a travesty. And honestly, this might be trending all day that I can't believe it.
Speaker 5: I can't believe they did this poor little peanut. Also, it's the milk Monday.
Speaker 4: Milk Monday's our most popular link right now, so a lot of you guys clicking on that right now.
Speaker 5: That's just trending on any four five.
Speaker 8: The budes, Good morning everybody. Sammy Baker, Davis Junior, still hanging in there. This two time Hall of Famer is now you're fresh out of bed Head to head.
Speaker 2: Four day champion.
Speaker 8: Oh, we got a big one from Monday morning. You're not gonna want to miss it if I go back in the Hall of Fame, bitch you.
Speaker 2: Wow. So Alex went over to the digital clock in here and he just put a minus one underneath it. Thank you.
Speaker 3: So if that works, So it's seven twenty one minus one.
Speaker 2: No, it's no, it's minus one under the.
Speaker 5: Seventh plus two halves.
Speaker 2: Funny, hey, plus two halves. Thanks, that's helpful.
Speaker 3: All right, guys, if you want to play, can you beat Sammy.
Speaker 2: Baker Davis Junior? You gonna let this guy go into the Hall of Fame. Finally, it's been a while since he's been back in there. Seven one, three, two and two five nine The rud Ryan Show, Good Mornings on ninety four ninety four to five the Buzz, It's Jelly Roll and need a favor Rod Ryan's show on this milk Monday. I see that has taken off and that is our number one link. Alex sent a text on the group chat about six thirty yesterday, I'm guessing on the time. Hey, do I have six picks? This amazing? We never said it at the end of the show that I So the only thing I remember about six picks was we didn't say anything right. And I know you and I got off track because you and I kind of swapped weeks and we felt like, okay, well, let's just get back on rotation. And then that's the list on the who's got six picks to them? I sent them to Chili. I was just yesterday I was I think it's my week.
Speaker 1: I wanted to send a group shot or a group text and just be like, hey, is it my week? And so I started accumulating my pictures kind of yesterday, Hello, we have two food pictures. But because I realized it was six pictus yesterday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Tessa did him last week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it wasn't her or Chili, so I knew it was either you or I.
Speaker 2: All right, so we're the right rotation. I just gotta change that up right now. I can't wait to see him. I can't wait to see alex Is six. A lot of kid content.
Speaker 5: Well yeah, dude, lo and we don't want to see you.
Speaker 2: You gotta pimp out the kid.
Speaker 9: And now it's time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge.
Speaker 2: Listeners to your corners, Well, well it isn't Sammy Baker David Junior, Sam and you want vacation, no, sir, I'm going to work today. I was just one day.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, yeah, all right, for some reason, I thought this guy's off.
Speaker 2: Hey, do you want to get back in the Hall of Fame? I mean, what's the deal here? I mean you're just happy with being a two time Hall of Famer? No, okay, so you want to win today? Right? Yes, sir, JJ says that he's figured you out, though, JJ, what's up, brother Roth, welcome back to the game. Listen, chill. He told me that you sounded awake and ready to go. You have played with us this year, not that long ago. I have. I've played a few times. I was out for my run. I actually got through twice, so it was called three A caller ten h Pryan. Sammy's awesome.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm just here for a good time, not for a long.
Speaker 2: Time, but I'm gonna do my best. Okay, it's a good attitude, Like, let's just throw it out there, man, Like, let's make Sammy guess. I don't know what kind of guy we got here, Sammy? But are you running right now? I was?
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 2: I stopped my run.
Speaker 3: Okay, he's out for a morning run.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: I like him already. What are they playing for?
Speaker 4: I don't know how to say this guy's name, but he's playing the House of Blueszla. That last Dave zappadezl Diesel.
Speaker 2: Frank Zappa, son Frank, and the mothers of an intention Moon unit is his sister sister and Ahmed Zappra. I think those are the three Zappa kids. Yeah, Deezel Zappa is a wicked guitar player, so he's playing over at the House of Blues. We got tickets for you this morning, dweezl JJ, Sammy, shout out your name when you think you know the answer, don't Monday. By Monday. Here we go. Question number one, what part of a dog wags? J Sammy too? Tail's a correct answer. I use that phrase quite a bit on this show because oftentimes the tail is wagging the dog around here. I use it all the time, meaning I've lost control, I've completely lost control. It happens a lot. Does somebody get in trouble for saying the inmates are running the asylum? Was that something? Is that in the Texans organization? Okay, next question, JJ, you were just behind him? Okay, yes sir, yes sir? How far did you run so far today? Uh? Mile and a half? He's so good?
Speaker 3: What a good person? Don't even think of playing that.
Speaker 2: Good for you. I'm happy that he's out there running, playing the game. Jealous Sammy, JJ. What tall pink bird often stands on one Sammy Lamingo? Yes, yeah, who he wanted it. He was sick of that two time Hall of Fame thing. JJ. You were, JJ. You were right behind him, each question, you were close. It was tight. It was tight. I feel like I'm getting better. He's a great player. Congratulations, that's great. Yeah, it's up running in the morning. He's a nice guy.
Speaker 3: Do not cut this man down. I'm not nobody, You're not.
Speaker 2: I'm just I feel the next button I hit us a good for you. It's not going to be JJ. You keep being a great person. And he played the game.
Speaker 10: Hey, before before I let you go, I just wanted to let you know we had I was with Father, played and we had the best time at ditch Day.
Speaker 2: Can't wait to hang out with y'all of you. I know exactly who JJ is. He brought the priest to ditch Day, the.
Speaker 4: Call of Father, the color and everything's amazing.
Speaker 2: All right, it's a great time. All right, back to running. Sammy Baker Davis Junior, three time Hall of Famer, How does that sound that sounds. Ah, it does sound awesome, dude. Way to go, dude, you are in the Tournament of Champions. You can breathe sigh of relief.
Speaker 11: Ryan sad effects include mood swings.
Speaker 2: The Bus ninety four or five of the Bus. Sammy Baker Davis Junior has been thinking just the right amounts and he made it happen today.
Speaker 3: I'm so happy for him. Fresh out of bed head to head.
Speaker 2: We have another Hall of Famer, a fresh out of bed head to head chant.
Speaker 3: Yeah, here's your current champion.
Speaker 2: Now you guys were witnessed to it. He's like, hey, I worked a little something. I don't know him ever to have done a victory speech all on his own. He's like, I worked a little something up just in case I won today.
Speaker 3: I said, bro, do all the work for me. Man here here he is.
Speaker 8: Well, well, well, good morning everybody, Sammy Baker Davis Junior. And with the hat trick, I am your fresh out of bed head to Head Hall of Fame member number fourteen.
Speaker 2: For twenty twenty four.
Speaker 8: Now, my boy right Rodney called me out way back in January. Well, brother, it took me all year, but I made it, and I'm looking forward to seeing you and all the other Hall of famers in the tournament a champions when I take it all.
Speaker 2: Pitches great speech. I don't know about you. When he started with the all with the old uh well, now with what Rodney back in the day, I'm like, oh god, it's story time. I thought maybe I thought he would have still been talking right now. It really sounded like it was going to bust into a full on podcast. Great job. Hey, it's not too late. We get some fresh fish on tomorrow. We get somebody that does a five day run, they get into the Hall of Fame. We can. We got a nice little tournament right now. We got a nice little tournament right now with fourteen. You like fourteen? You like that number? Or no? I would like two more ideas? Okay, I even sixteen. I see where you're onto the perfect amounts, and it would be sweet even I a dunce.
Speaker 3: I'm a math even understanding that's.
Speaker 1: Sixteen easier than asmatically for myself and Chili, who are not necessarily the best at math.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nobody got on this show for their math skills, right, no one? Thank god that was told there would be no math.
Speaker 3: We need two more Hall of Famers.
Speaker 7: It's the fun back to the day. We make you look smart in front of your bodies.
Speaker 2: It's the fun that to the day. Should have saw Hal's eyes light up when Sammy said hat trick like a hockey reference top show. What all right? Very good? Speaking of hockey, Red Wings beat the Savors this weekend.
Speaker 5: By the way, thanks for that reminder.
Speaker 2: It's the only thing I have right now. It's good at anything.
Speaker 3: Well, Bill's beat Miami, So squish the fish.
Speaker 2: You had that at least I have that in my back pocket. Squish the fish we did. There's just that.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 2: Tessa doesn't talk about it ever, but if you ever catch her with Jeopardy on in the background, she likes to jump right in as like the fourth contestant. I love it. Where did this come from?
Speaker 5: This started when I.
Speaker 2: Being homesick from school.
Speaker 5: No, no, I would record it.
Speaker 4: I was dating a guy who, actually, funny enough, was helping me do my accounting homework. He would do it for me, and I would hang out and watch Jeopardy while he did it.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you said two things there. Did he help you with your homework or did he do the homework for you?
Speaker 5: He did the majority of.
Speaker 4: It meeting, but I would play him with Jeopardy and I would usually win, So I mean I still thought I was smarter.
Speaker 2: Really. Someone analyzed all the dates that were mentioned in the history of Jeopardy Okay over the last forty years, and they analyze which dates were most commonly mentioned. The most frequent date mentioned one hundred and seventy one times July fourth. Every single date was mentioned at least a couple of times, meeting date and the three hundred and sixty five calendar year. The least common were February twenty fifth, November twelfth, There was a couple like that, December eleventh. All of them just got three mentions in forty years, but every other date got more than that.
Speaker 5: Who went through and analyzed this the ar weird I was.
Speaker 2: I think some of you will know this. The scrolling text at the beginning of the early Star Wars movies was done by printing out the entire thing and having a camera slowly roll over it. Fo Yeah, we didn't have we didn't have AI back then, so yeah, it's actually rolling. Someone had to write all that out. Oh here we go back to Tessa. She loves her some Wizard of Oz, the original reels. You know those were shot on film, right. We didn't have video back then either, So the original reels, the film reels of Gone with the Wind and the Wizard of Oz and a bunch of other classic movies and TV shows. They are stored in an underground salt mine in Kansas.
Speaker 5: That's neat, I'll start, should be.
Speaker 2: I hope that's safe. Oh fuck that to the day?
Speaker 7: We make you look smart bodies, it's the fun back to the day.
Speaker 2: I like to call that a hat trick of fun facts. All that's very fun. What do you give it a win?
Speaker 4: I've got a four pack of tickets with pit passes to Monster Jam going down to Energy February.
Speaker 5: First.
Speaker 4: Tickets are ontell Now for this go on sale Tuesday at ten a m.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow. Tickets to go on sale, that's right, so a little win them before they go on sale. Fun Let's see here. Oh you know what, Astronauts in space can't do this. They just send these things out in the space to burn up in the Earth's atmosphere.
Speaker 5: It doesn't seem I love it.
Speaker 2: I love this. This. This was my favorite of the the hat trick of fun facts. On Friday seven one three, two, one two five nine four five. It's now time for.
Speaker 3: Rock out with your stock out with Captain Cash.
Speaker 2: There's my guy right there. Hi, Hell, good morning, brother Rod.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at Wall Street on Friday.
Speaker 12: Friday was a good day on Wall Street. But the Dow is up two hundred and eighty eight points. Kick off this morning at forty two thousand and fifty two NASDAK coup one hundred and forty four, where at seventeen thousand and two thirty nine Bench Marten Year Treasury is trading at a four point two seven percent in oil stance at seventy one dollars sixty five cents of barrow to. The most actor is the big studs Intel, Amazon and Boeing, the big duds Verizon, Apple, and three M On the economic calendar. This morning, we'll get numbers on factory orders for September right now. Futures. Hey, they're on the upside. Hang on to this be a puzzle opening right here on Wall Street. That's it. I'm met here. This is Hallan managed to director with Raymon James Port for The Rod Ryan Show from Ramony james On saying Felipe and Augustin don't forget to always rock out with your stock out.
Speaker 6: Fimian's expressed are those of halland and not necessarily those of Raymond James Associates Income Ever, NYC, AS, IBC, I ART Radio or A sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmisson We'll continue. This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end. This program is or educational and informational purposes. One bestuds of duds are based on the movement as reported by Young Finance.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five. The Buzz. Welcome back, Rod, Ryan, show you it's like Edgar got through Edgar. Good Good morning, Rod, Good morning Edgar. How are you no? Well man? How are you not doing so great? Thank you for asking. I really appreciate you being up so early with us. Astronauts in space. Don't have to do this. I feel like I do that. It's me and my kid on the weekends. Why am I doing this every day? Go ahead?
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 2: It's laundry. They don't have to do laundry. Like, there's no laundromats in space. Let me just get that out of the way. But they didn't even put a washer and dryer on the space station. They just don't do laundry. So the dirty clothes from the International Space Station gets sent out into space. They just burn up in the atmosphere, in the Earth's atmosphere, never having to do laundry. Okay, that's why a couple of those guys are out there. They're like, nah, keep us here, man, we.
Speaker 4: Should send all the clothes in the landfrons up to space and you can turn them.
Speaker 2: Off you get back to Earth. I have to do long. I want to do laundry again, Edgar, you win? What are you giving them?
Speaker 4: Edgar gets some four pack of tickets Widpit passes to Monster Jam.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, Yeah, oh god, thank you very much. Every morning coming into work. Oh my god, I love hearing that, dude, Edgar, have the best week ever. Hang on, hey, Alexa, play ninety four point five The Buzz and iHeartRadio, getting ninety four point five to bus station from iHeart Radio.
Speaker 9: The Rod Running Show on ninety four five, Wake out the busy.
Speaker 2: Women out the bush right in Homeroom seven fifty three. Nah, got burned. It's six fifty three. The clock's not been I note this minus one hour.
Speaker 5: We notice subtrack.
Speaker 2: You know, it would have been really cool with that little posted note is if you put a six over the seven, that would have really helped the mine happens when it's next hour. Yeah, I would do it every time. Yeah, I would need four changes on that. The minus one is just not doing it for me. Damn it.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's six fifty three. Everybody.
Speaker 2: Hopefully all your clocks and everything changed automatically. My microwave did not, my oven did not. I had to do that manually. Forty percent chances scattered thunderstorms and with the deal a little bit of win. This morning. Highs today of around eighty five. You know, we're playing the Texas Hammer Game next hour. That's gonna that's that's how you're going to win your highly suspect tickets. We've been talking about this show for a long time. November eighth, I believe that's this weekend. They're finally they're playing by you Music Center, So we've got tickets for you right now. Tessa has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 4: Oh you guys, the big election is just make it all right.
Speaker 2: Six I can't take it anymore.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a lot of things going on. The clock is winding down. Former President Trump spent yesterday campaigning in Pennsylvania, North Carolina, and Georgia.
Speaker 2: His running mate Jade Vance, Robert F.
Speaker 4: Kennedy Junior, and Donald Trump Junior held event on his behalf and then Harris her running mate Tim Walls, former President Obama, First Lady Jill Biden.
Speaker 5: They were speaking at rally. So everyone's just making all.
Speaker 2: Their little stops. Okay.
Speaker 4: I did want to mention though, that federal election monitors from the Justice Department will not be allowed into Texas polling places. Yeah, the state's top elections official toll defense.
Speaker 5: It's not going to happen. They had chosen Harris County.
Speaker 4: It was on this list where they wanted to send monitors to make sure federal voting rights laws were being followed, and Texas election code doesn't authorize fed federal election monitors to be inside pulling faces places.
Speaker 5: So that's not going to happen. Wanted to put you guys up on that.
Speaker 4: Then there's going to be a special meeting today to talk about where Battleship Texas's.
Speaker 2: New home will be.
Speaker 4: Remember when we kind of watched this thing go by when they were moving it over to Galveston so we could go to get repairs well. In mid October, the Wharf's Board of trustees ended a year of negotiations with the Battleship Texas Foundation. In August, the board voted in favor of docking it near a pier twenty at the Port of Galason, but that plan was met with local pushback. The battleship fought in both World Wars and was housed near Santa.
Speaker 5: Sine To Monument for years.
Speaker 4: It's been undergoing repair since twenty twenty two, so they have to have another meeting because no one can really agree on where it should be and where it should stay.
Speaker 2: I think you did it too. Did you do the with Captain Adam the Baywatch Dolphin tours. Yeah, of course, so it was dry dock. That's part of the tour. You go and you see it dry docked when they were working on it, and that's like one of the main dolphin areas right there. Yes, and yeah, I saw there's a guy that maybe runs or owns the restaurant the down in Galveston. They were going to park the boat right in front of it. Now he thought he was ruining the view. Yeah, I thought that would have been a great thing, like, oh my god, you have this amazing battleship right in front of your restaurant.
Speaker 3: He said, No, people come here traffic. They want to see the water.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it was ruining the view, like you said, So, I don't know. I want it to stay here. I know Corpus has been mentioned as possible a home for it. I hope it stays here.
Speaker 5: We're going to find out. We're going to find out.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about friendship and making friends. There's a new survey in which thirty nine percent of Americans say they haven't made a new friend in over a year, and a similar percentage haven't gone to.
Speaker 5: A party in at least six months.
Speaker 4: The numbers are probably even more extreme than that because this was only a survey of people who say they enjoy traveling with friends. Thirty seven percent of people say they feel like they've been in a rut socially, twenty six percent say their social lives feel repetitive. Not everyone in the survey could even name a best friend, but among the people who do have at least one. The most common number of best friends is just two, a far cry from the eight plus everyone had in the MySpace days. I'm sorry, I cannot relate with this.
Speaker 2: We have gone out.
Speaker 4: October has been like the busiest social, like social event of my life. And now we're in November. We've got stuff planned on this show all the time. We're always inviting you guys out to hang out with us.
Speaker 2: But there's two different things in here. I mean, I haven't gon out and made a new friend this year. I don't think I have to think. Oh jeez, if you and I are new friends this year, I'm sorry I forgot about you already.
Speaker 4: You'd meet a new friends and when you never met at the twentieth anniversary.
Speaker 2: Party, someone that brought into my circle of friends.
Speaker 4: Oh no, no, I'm just this is making a new friend.
Speaker 2: Oh just that? Oh sure? Yeah? Well, because people are sitting at home, get outside, go out. Touch grass. That's what the kids say, touch grass. Yeah, get out and touch grass. That means more than just touching grass. That means getting out there and doing some things. Get off the couch.
Speaker 4: I know you guys have had to see this footage of Jason Kelsey. He was outside of the Penn State Ohio State game on Saturday and he grabbed a fan's phone and smashed it. But that was after the fan had insulted his brother Travis. So Jason was walking outside Beaver Stadium when the guy called Travis a homophobic slur for dating Taylor Swift. So Jason turns around, grabs it dude his phone, smashes it on the ground, and picks it up again. When the guy asked for his phone back, Jason calls him the same slur.
Speaker 5: Not the best look. But if there's an excuse.
Speaker 4: It's that he was clearly enraged and big brother came out in a big way.
Speaker 2: This is on the blog page.
Speaker 4: You can go to links and guests if you want to see what video we're talking about. Chris Martin gave Australian fans a shock when he accidentally fell through a trap door on stage during Coldplay's final Melbourne show last night.
Speaker 2: I know, but Olivia Rodrigo and then who else just felt like, let's mark the trap doors now. I don't know that someone else just fell. Hey we had two people falling like you did. Have a day of one.
Speaker 5: Another hooting what's his name, Darius record?
Speaker 2: Oh, Darius fell off the stage. That's right, you give a pass. But this was similar to Olivia. There was a trap door where the lead singer is doing his thing. You can't have place for a trap, you can't have open doors in the floor.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was reading audience signs and walking backwards, Chris Martin was, and then he tumbled through that open hatch and the crowd was pretty stunned. And he recovered pretty quickly and reassured fans saying, hey, that wasn't ah, that wasn't planned at all.
Speaker 5: There was a check that All Music blog page. There was at least three.
Speaker 3: Sets of hands.
Speaker 2: As he was getting closer and walking backwards, they knew he was coming in and he didn't know it. There were people in that hatch that were ready to catch him. If you go look at the Olivia Rodrigo, it looks like she fell into the pit from silence on the lamp gone, so she was just gone, and her being so young and springy, she hopped right up. I don't think anyone else would have reacted like that. Chris Martin had a bunch of people catch him. Yeah, those are all right, there's.
Speaker 3: A good music blog page up today, guys.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, on Monday Night football Patrick Mahomes, so the Chiefs host Baker Mayfield and the Buccaneers Chiefs come into this is nine point favorite kickoff is at seven fifteen. You can watch it on ESPN on the sports blog page today. Because my team brings me no, you know, joy, and I can only be happy looking at the sadness of others. Dak Prescott did say that the Cowboys efing suck. He was they saw him on the sidelines and lip readers were like, he's like, we efing suck when the Cowboys losing to the Falcons. And then also Mike McCarthy, coach of the Cowboys, slammed a tablet yesterday, So that was how many?
Speaker 2: How many is important? How many memes have you individual?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: How many memes are you responsible that are out there?
Speaker 2: I I'm only responsible for sharing them.
Speaker 1: I did not create any okay, interest, I was just I was feeling down, and then the three o'clock or the three o'clock games came around. I saw what had happened during the Cowboys game, and it made me feel a little bit better about my day and basketball Rockets are back in action tonight. They're gonna host the Knicks at the Toyota Center, tip offs at seventy to forty five, and you can listen to that one on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. In soccer, Houston Dynamo FC's season came to an end last night. They fell to the Seattle Sounders in penalties. They lost their first round series two games to none.
Speaker 2: But it was a good.
Speaker 1: Season by the Dynamo of That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 13: The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM, The.
Speaker 2: Bus ninety four or five, The Buzz. That's Lincoln Park. That show's Friday. Huh Arlington, the new Lincoln Park. They're playing this Friday. I believe there are tickets still available. You're like Arlington. They're playing at the baseball field whatever they call it now, Globe Life. Thank you. It made want to be. That's where they're playing on Friday night. And we sent a bunch of people there all last week. We gave away tickets. I think why we did it last week so people could make arrangements. You know, it made sense, Like a week before, I can't give away tickets to a show in Dallas on Friday morning, the day of the show. I don't know if you really are dedicated and yeah, I mean there's a lot of people out there that can just kind of pick up and go and do what they want when they want. I don't know what that's like, but there are people that do that, Alex. You don't know what that's like anymore. No common thread there, hang out kids, children, that's right. Oh speaking up, you've got six picks, six picks up now you let me go take a look. Let me go take a look. Okay, okay, okay, any bleed over from Halloween or all new stuff? No, I did just good weekend, Okay, weekend, very good.
Speaker 5: I look forward to She is chubby and cute, man, I haven't.
Speaker 2: Had a chance to see him that. I'm very excited.
Speaker 5: You're a little west Ham, Jersey.
Speaker 3: Alex has a really cute kid, really cute.
Speaker 2: I do thankfully at my wife and not me. She does look just like your wife. Forty chance of scattery. Thunderstorms today. I'm not going to complain about it. We didn't have rain forever, I mean forty some days. Okay, you want to talk about that, go ahead. It sucked, and I don't like it at all. My dog hates it. And it really ruins when you're trying.
Speaker 1: To take your dog out, because then your dog's just gonna.
Speaker 2: Shake you not want to go outside all day.
Speaker 3: Boo had an accident in the house.
Speaker 2: See it causes things like this.
Speaker 3: I was standing out there in the rain. She just would not go poop.
Speaker 5: Why would she go out there? It's awful.
Speaker 2: What is it with the dog? This is this is how who does it? It's the middle of the night, it's Saturday, it's two o'clock in the morning. My dog's barking. She never barks in the middle of the night. Okay, so that means something happened.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay.
Speaker 2: She doesn't bark to wake me up that she's got to go out. She barks to wake me up to say, look what I've done. Cheg it out, clean check it out. So I've got the old I got the old steam cleaner out at two in the morning, okay, and I'm doing the you know, the spot remover. Two in the morning, I'm cleaning the carpet. She woke me up to let me know what she had done.
Speaker 11: Let's cacchare wake.
Speaker 2: Me up before.
Speaker 5: It's just like you like after what's done is done.
Speaker 2: It's two o'clock in the morning. You're talking to your dog like the understanding. It's like, please bark. I appreciate you waking me up, but just before you do this, I'll get up and let you out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the old boxer used to wait me up, but I would just feel like a wet nose on my face in the middle of that, I what's up? And then Felice would just be staring at me. Oh wait, I got a lot.
Speaker 2: Anybody yet, anyone that has a dog. I haven't been a dog owner for real long. Okay, I mean I've been a dog owner for about six seven years now, and I didn't have a dog the rest of my adult life. There have been atrocities that have happened in every person's house with that animal. Okay, your house is never clean. It's it's it's clean for owning a dog. That's what. Since Wu has arrived a dolly, I have a pretty good house, clean house. It's never been as clean as the day before Voodoo arrived. That's the sacrifice you make. I would not put that couch like my dog has taken over a couch. I would not put that couch in a frat house. Yeah, okay, Stanley Steamer has come. They laugh. They're like you again, bro, you know we can't work with this thing. You know, we can only do so much. There's going to be some changes, Voodoo, if you're listening, I love you, I love my dog. I want my dog around a good long time. But there's going to be changes made in my house the day Voodoo leaves us. There's going to be furniture that can't even be donated. There might be hardwood floors that are completely redone. There might be a complete home renovation. There might be there might be a fifty thousand dollars project that a few dog Yeah, I might need to just blow up.
Speaker 11: The whole thing.
Speaker 2: I may need a tear down start.
Speaker 1: Every little a little scratch and ruin part of the couch. Though it's a lot, it's worth every black shirt that will never not have dog hair on it.
Speaker 2: It's worth it that couch. I never thought i'd be a guy that owned a piece of furniture that was just owned by a dog. You don't really get to say it. It's just like this Ismikey. She didn't take a chair. She didn't take a love seat. The biggest part of that. She took a full blown couch.
Speaker 3: Yeah it's hers, fo, you can't sit on it anymore.
Speaker 2: It's a main piece of furniture in my very nice home.
Speaker 14: It's still a main piece I do. It's not your people who don't let dogs on the couch. You're like, how do you how does this work? It was a dog doesn't listen. Hurricane Harvey change things for us, Yeah, Harvey. But you're like, you're scared, get on up.
Speaker 2: Here, like it was a hurricane. She hopped on the couch, Like what are you doing up there? Oh, there's a hurricane coming, okay.
Speaker 1: And then it's fun when they're on the couch because you need to pad them and you need to hang out with them, and you're just doing that while you're also comfortable.
Speaker 2: And then it's just like this is every day, but we're not on the hurricane mode. Now, can you get off the couch? She's like, no, we do this now, this is what we now. Hey, we're gonna play the Texas Hammer game.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, Oh yeah, away.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of work, dogs, it's a lot of work. Who wants you around a good long time. Who's featured on a T shirt that's in the rob Ryan Shokeres online store Celebrity. Today is the last day for the store, the auction, all of that stuff, everything ends today at ten a m. Please, if you're gonna make a move, you gotta make a move today. Especially. I want you bidden with confidence on those two auction items. I'll talk more about it coming up. But what we have to do.
Speaker 10: To win the best game in Houston? Who wants it? Who wants it?
Speaker 2: Who wants it? We're giving away highly suspect tickets they're playing this weekend. Buy you Music Center.
Speaker 3: If you think you're good at this.
Speaker 2: Whole lyric thing we do with the great Jim Adler, Well, now's the time to call Chile seven one three two two five nine four five and then ask him how how does he? This is me complaining about one dog? What does he got? Nine? One hundred and seven? He's one hundred and seven dogs? Okay? How does he do?
Speaker 13: Houston's Rocks, Houston's alternative and the rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 2: I better change that to Turkey Radio. Yeah, hey, ninety four or five the Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show. All Right, we're getting things set up here for the Texas Hammer Game, a staple at around this time every Monday, at seven twenty two forty percent chances scattered thunderstorms.
Speaker 3: Today windy pies up around eighty five.
Speaker 2: What's trending over there?
Speaker 4: TGI Friday's, a restaurant, filed Chapter eleven bankruptcy to protect thirty nine of its remaining one hundred and sixty three restaurants not operated by franchises. The chain said it never recovered financially from the pandemic. So that's the story kind of going around. Another thing happening is Kamala Harris was on SNL with Maya Rudolph. It was like Maya talking to herself in the mirror. So Kamala meets Kamala on SNL. But I think was NBC forced to allow Trump to air an advertisement for free because FCC says, if you offer one candidate sometime, you have to make sure you offer the same amount of time with the other candidate. So since NBC interfered, not interfered, people are saying, did NBC interfere with the election because.
Speaker 5: She didn't let Trump? Well, because they didn't let Trump on SNL.
Speaker 2: But did he show up at a erase and maybe they gave him a little time at some kind of an event over that weekend that the network was carrying. I'll look into that. I think they're kind of covered. But yeah, bright my broadcast law hat comes on.
Speaker 4: I think after the NASCAR post race show there was a ninety second advertisement per the FCC regulations according to this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I think they kind of leveled it off because it's not like you got to give equal airtime on the same show. It's just the network has to be covered there you go. I think, I don't know, I don't know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: Also, congratulations to Houston Astro Third Basement Alex Bregman. He won his first Rawlings Gold Glove Award. He has been given the award for his position at third base. He's a sixteenth player in Astro's history to receive that gold Glove and the second third basement for the Astro.
Speaker 5: So Astros players have won a total.
Speaker 4: Of thirty three Gold Glove Awards in the history of the franchise. There has been a winner in the past in six of the past seven season, so pretty impressive there.
Speaker 5: That's what's trending. On ninety four to five.
Speaker 10: This is Jim Adler and it's time to play in the Texas Hammer Game.
Speaker 11: With Ron Ryan on.
Speaker 2: Ninety four band right, what do we all bring up as a prize here?
Speaker 4: I have a pair of takes to see Highly Suspect at Buy You Music Center November eighth.
Speaker 5: It's this Friday Alex.
Speaker 2: That's the band that does Hello. My name is Human, Human, Human Human, My name is Human the Human Human Guys. Good morning, Rob Ryan Show. Who's this.
Speaker 3: Armando? That's fun to say, Armando? Where are you from?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Souviet Okay, Here's what I'm gonna do for you. I'm going to play you the great Jim Adler and he's going to give you some lyrics, and you're gonna have to tell me the name of the band and the name of the song. Okay, okay, bro, good luck to you. Let's all listen together. When it's time to handle business, then you know what to do. Me and my crew we stay true old school or new oh Man? Armando three? One? Yeah, Good morning, Rob Ryan Show. Who's this.
Speaker 8: Hello?
Speaker 2: Hi? What's your name? Hi Kirk, Welcome to the Texas Hammer Game.
Speaker 3: Let's listen.
Speaker 2: I feel like I might know. I don't know this.
Speaker 10: When it's time to handle business, then you know what to do. Me and my crew we stay true, old school or new.
Speaker 2: I think I might know it. Kirk, what is it? You got no idea west Side story? I kind of have a.
Speaker 4: Kirk, throw it out at it, just like whatever sticks.
Speaker 3: Oh man, it's driving me crazy right now.
Speaker 2: Damn this game seven one, three, two and two five. I would have lost already. The rod Ryan Show on ninety four five, The Buzz, ninety four five, The Buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. It's blink onin eighty two. It's uh, it's Monday. It's mil from Monday. Welcome back for the weekend, everybody. I hope you guys had a great weekend. I know it was kind of washed out, rained down a little bit, but there was there were some times where we, you know, we got outside a little bit. Not much, but today a forty percent chances scattered thunderstorms with wind highs today of around eighty five. I just took a look at the auction. Uh, it's a big day for the rod Ryan Show. Cares online store. Thank you.
Speaker 3: A couple of you hopped in there already.
Speaker 2: And uh, you got some hoodies because you know it's gonna get colder out there. So we sold a couple of hoodies this morning, but some bids came in. For the first time ever in the Rod Ryan Show Cares online store, we've incorporated an auction for the for the foundation, the five oh one c three, the Rod Ryan Showkeres Foundation. You know, all this money's gonna go over to MD Anderson. We got two unique items that are available for you to bid on. There is the twentieth anniversary custom rapped acoustic guitar, not autographed. Somebody asked me if they want it, if and they didn't want their name out there, but they asked if we would sign it. Of course, what I mean if you want to ruin your guitar, that's g If you win it and you want us to sign it, of course. Now I can't go run around and getting everybody to sign it that played at the twentieth anniversary show. But what we did do is we ran around and we took that jean jacket around and we got it autographed by everybody that played the twentieth anniversary show. The jacket was at nine hundred dollars. This morning. It is now. The current bit is one thousand dollars, so that has crossed the one thousand dollars threshold. It's the autographed jacket. Thank you to our good friend Jessica over at buy Ucity Graphics who got made all that happen. And then you know our boy Cheeto, he's got the custom rapped acoustic guitar. He wrapped it for us. There are two of these. One is in my home, the other one can be in your home. The current bid oney three hundred and forty dollars. So the auction ends at ten a m. Today. All right, it's your clock squared away ours, isn't it's seven it's seven thirty two. Because you didn't do the madness one, it says eight thirty two minus one. Thank you, Alex went out, went out, all right, seven thirty two mail. The auction ends at ten a m. Okay, guys, it'll say eleven on our yes. Well, please don't confuse people.
Speaker 10: This is damn Handler and it's time to play the Texas Hammer game.
Speaker 2: Oh I think I want to know this so bad. I'm so close.
Speaker 11: It's rod Ryan.
Speaker 2: That's how bad I am at this game. I think I might know maybe that I've heard these lyrics before, but I don't know the song. It's pretty vague. It's like, can I get it? Like I think I might have once heard this at some point. I've heard those words put together. You definitely have, as we found each other before. But can I have the tickets? Anyways?
Speaker 1: I don't know the song, but I know that I don't know that that is a song. I can't confirm that that is a song that has been sung before.
Speaker 2: Sometimes when I hear these lyrics, I'm like, we don't even play that song. We play that song? Yes, this one, Crystal. Good morning, Good morning, Crystal. Let's take a listen to these lyrics. It's making me nuts right now. Let's take a listen here.
Speaker 10: When it's time to handle business, then you know what to do. Me and my crew, we stayed true, old school or new.
Speaker 2: Come on, I think it's a good song too, Crystal. What's the name of the band. What's the name of the song? I don't know?
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm I don't know it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, win out. I don't think it's a song. Went in doubt. Does y'all have Creed plus over no shirt? For that's not the song?
Speaker 3: Bob, Good morning, rod Ryan Show this morning.
Speaker 2: Hi, what's your name? This is Trey, Trey, what is going on with this song? Please take a listen, and we need the song title and the band. When it's time to handle business, then you know what to do. Me and my crew we stay true old school are new God, damn, I got the crease on in my head. What what's the name of the band. What's the name of the song? P O D Boom? Yes? I love that song. That's my favorite pod song. And kudos to HGB for finally using a damn rock song. Pretty good. Yeah, CJ's coming out in slow motion and Boom's playing. It's my favorite po D song. The video for the song is amazing. It's a ping pong tournament. It's amazing. And Trey, you're amazing dude. Thank you for figuring that out for me.
Speaker 3: I was it was making me nuts. Oh that means we get to play the song too, right.
Speaker 2: Yes, Trey, you just won. Thank you, Thank you appreciate it.
Speaker 3: What are you giving them?
Speaker 4: Did take these prayer of tickets to see high We suspect this Friday night because you win the Texas Hammer Game.
Speaker 2: What did you deserve? Those sweet my favorite POD song. I'm gonna go in the other room and dance with Chili right now. Okay, all right, Trey hang on, will set you up The Rod Ryan Show ninety four or five ninety four or five the Buzz that's Pod and Boom. Let me hey, Chili, let me check in with him really quick. I just want to see if I'm like, I don't need to be right. Is that POD's best song? It's one of them. Oh okay, I mean that's the more known one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, that's it's on the movies and now in commercials.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So what I've learned as a songwriter.
Speaker 2: Writing such hits as fun fact of the day, Oh yeah, yeah, thou as a songwriter, what what I've learned is boom in the song. You're gonna get that in a movie soundtrack. Okay, so boom what we just heard? And then Saliva's click click boom. Those songs, there was a there was a time where those were appearing in video games and movies like Crazy. I'm telling you they made a lot of money on that.
Speaker 5: I think POD's probably best song is a Youth of the Nation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good one.
Speaker 11: A proom song too some stuff?
Speaker 2: Did they?
Speaker 3: Why I haven't I use boom in my lyrics. It's the fun boom of the.
Speaker 1: Day, all the Costco guys boom sounds, the fun every chills boom boom room.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, there you go, chills boom boom room.
Speaker 2: You know what would have been cool is if because I know that you work with the with mister Radler, I'm doing these lyrics the highlights of my my year every time we get to talk to you. If if you were to dumb down the game just a little, is that all you got? I'll take your best shot and then just had him do that about six times. I would have got it.
Speaker 1: If I had like an unlimited time with him, I would just get him to say everything that I thought was funny, every little inside joke we do like, but like we only have like a thirty minute window. He's a very busy guy, and it's like, can you just do this one? Remember I got him to do the Portugal Demand.
Speaker 2: Though I'm a revel just for kicks, I'll never do a kid locked metags mic around the world. He did old Old Town Road. Uh Wrangler on my booty? Did he cut that line?
Speaker 11: He did?
Speaker 2: I need to find it. I did not load it in the system, weren't going to use it.
Speaker 1: But I don't think that was approved by Uh yeah, I was like just for me personally, I would like to add right, so your collection.
Speaker 2: I think I think what happens is like, mister Adler is down for doing all this. I think when we have to send the lyrics over like league last approval, and I think Bill.
Speaker 3: Takes a glance at him, which is probably right.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I know they got doing that. I know they got dad going tomorrow to cut these lyrics. Let me just make sure that you know they're not cut. Having him cut prodigy smack my bit chop right, you.
Speaker 1: Know right as an attorney, there might be some some things he doesn't want to say, which would be a maze, would be hilarious, what.
Speaker 2: Are you amazing? But yeah, that wouldn't make it through the hammer sensors understand it, but it would be still funny. Yeah, it would be great. I'll take your best shot. Ni gem men studio again. You said, let's let's just let them come hang out. Yeah, we need to do it. Let him cut all right, Thank you, Thank you to Jim and Bill.
Speaker 3: It's Texas Hammers. I love those guys, rock and Alternative US.
Speaker 2: The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am. The Buzz ninety four or five, the buzz shine down symptom of being human. I'm sure those two signatures are helping out a lot. On that autographed, one of a kind Rod Ryan Show twentyth anniversary Jean jacket, we have an auction up. The auction ends today at ten. The jean jacket has finally just surpassed the one thousand dollars threshold twenty dollars bit increments. I believe on there and ten o'clock somebody will own that jacket. The high bidder today at ten am, we'll own the jacket and own the twentyth anniversary custom wrapped acoustic guitar that is not signed, but somebody asked if we would sign it. They said that they were up there in the high bits. They said they're gonna be there at the end waiting to bit on that. So that's up to you. There's no pressure. We don't.
Speaker 3: I told him, I said, dude, we would ruin that guitar if we signed it.
Speaker 2: It's beautiful chance of scattered thunderstorms today, windy high of eighty five. Tessa has Houston's headlines, Happy Election Day Eve to you Rod.
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I can't wait listen. I've been biting my tongue a little bit. It has absolutely been ruining my live television viewing. When do I watch live TV, when I watch football all you can't You can't escape those commercials. It is so out of hand, and there's just one after another after another after another, almost like they offset each other. They can't no saying this person wants this, this guy wants this guy wants to secure the border, and then thirty seconds later, this guy doesn't want the border secured. And it's just it's ruining my live television. And I don't want much, but I don't know how you guys do it. The little bit of TV I watch, it's just it's disgusting the amount of events. Please tomorrow, Tomorrow the polls will open.
Speaker 4: The twenty four presidential election candidates spent the weekend making a push.
Speaker 2: Through the grattle, through the battle round I talked about, and they will do the same today.
Speaker 4: National Guard troops have been placed on standby in Washington State, Oregon, and Nevada due to potential civil unrests over the election, and North Carolina broke the record for the most early ballast cast with over four point two million ballads casts and early in posting voting sites.
Speaker 5: So there's that. Also, the US.
Speaker 4: Secret Service is taking steps, they say, to enhance security ahead of the election tomorrow.
Speaker 2: That's kind of the National Guard stuff.
Speaker 4: U there is a heightened alert for the Biden administration for foreign attempts to destabilize the US during this presidential transitional period. The Pentagon is prepping for potential post election threats from Iran, North Korea, China, Russia, and other adversaries. This report says the Pentagon officials are preparing for a range of scenarios that include attempts to undermine the outcome between election day and the inaugeration.
Speaker 5: Okay, so that's a serious stuff.
Speaker 4: Now let's talk about crier ball, which is a special model of fireball.
Speaker 5: They are creating fireball whiskey, says they.
Speaker 4: Are going to combine their whiskey with actual tiers of losing sports fans.
Speaker 2: I've got planning to do it. Yeah, it's super.
Speaker 3: May you get is collect from your apartment?
Speaker 2: I saw you watching the Giants game sitting on the couch. There's some tiers. Huh, it's not it's not a fun time. We could sell this. We could sell this to fireball. Are they going to go around and collect real tiers.
Speaker 4: They're going to go to six big rivalry games this month, three college football games and three NFL games, and they'll have people stationed at the exits where they'll a the losing fans to donate their tears.
Speaker 2: Every jar, every.
Speaker 4: Drop drop will be captured and stored and sealed in sterile jars, and then's tificly transported to a facility for distillation. They said, they said it might make the whiskey taste salt.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 4: Crier Ball will be made available in time for next year, for the twenty twenty five season.
Speaker 2: Alex Johns. I have a quarterback, then I won't be crying. How are they going to roll this out?
Speaker 12: We don't know.
Speaker 2: How are they?
Speaker 3: I guess in the distilling process, the.
Speaker 2: Cut out alcohol.
Speaker 5: This seems disgusting to me. I don't know, guys, I'm not interested in it.
Speaker 2: It's funny. It's funny.
Speaker 4: I say, keep it as a skit or a commercial. You don't actually have to go out and make the product and they make it.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what. That rosie manager needs the broker the deal to use their I'm playing rosies cry baby right now. That guy is or Galas definitely capitalize on this moment. He needs to call fireball. This needs to be the official song of this this cry whiskey here, cryer Ball. Don't let this get away from you. He's manager, perfect song for it. This is perfect unfits. This needs to be the theme song for this whiskey Send it well, sudden that comes.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about Grammy Award winning record producer Quincy Jones.
Speaker 5: He's passed away at the age of ninety one.
Speaker 4: No word yet on the exact cause of death, but it's reported he did die peacefully at his home in Bellair, California, on Sunday.
Speaker 2: It was surrounded by family.
Speaker 4: Now, if you didn't know, Quincy Jones' career in the entertainment industry spanned over sixty years, and in that time he worked with artists of Frank Sinatra and Michael Jackson.
Speaker 2: There comes a Time, Almost have It.
Speaker 4: Jones received a record of sneak Grammy Award nominations, twenty eight of which.
Speaker 7: He went on to win Together as one there peple die, We're save our own loves.
Speaker 2: This song means a lot to me. You don't have to apologize ever for that. Quincy Jones was a genius.
Speaker 3: And his daughter is Rashida Jones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he did the movie for Austin Powers. That's really what I remember.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was a musical genius.
Speaker 11: Quincy Jones.
Speaker 2: You absolutely have to watch that We Are the World the Greatest Night and Pop. You'll realize how amazing Quincy Jones was. And the thing he said, lead your ego at the door. He's the only guy that could have got Bob Dylan and Springsteen and everybody. It's like, uh huh, nobody's gonna complain. No one's going to bitch. And if you do, bitch, guess what you gotta go. That's exactly what Waylon Jennings did. He goes, Okay, I'm not doing this. I'm not doing this.
Speaker 3: What is this Zimbabwe chant? I don't do I'm not out a song like that.
Speaker 2: He just walked out, and.
Speaker 3: Quincy Jones like, let him go.
Speaker 2: There are no egos in this room, and only he could wrangle those stars and keep them in order. All those egos, mister Jones about him. Uh, not sure, Alex, A little known fact.
Speaker 5: Not sure that's true, Alex, check your facts.
Speaker 2: I did check the fact. She facts to the future. We have fact checkers here and they have just gotten back to us that is not true. That is fake news from Alex.
Speaker 4: Johnny Cash ex version of the Nine Inch Nails song Hurt might be one of the best covers of all time question mark, But what it surprise you to know that almost never happened. Producer Rick Rubin was responsible for showing Johnny the song.
Speaker 5: Rick had to send it to him three times. He would send him a burn CD with.
Speaker 4: A bunch of songs that he thought Johnny should cover, and each time he would put the Nine Inch Nails song Hurt first on the CD.
Speaker 5: Johnny didn't think he was right for it. He kept ignoring the song.
Speaker 4: Rick finally just got Johnny in the studio and sang it to him in person, and Johnny was like, Oh, Okay, this could be really good.
Speaker 5: So the rest is history.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Trent Reznor even admitted like, maybe this song isn't mine anymore because Johnny covered it so well.
Speaker 5: Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 2: I never lost my mind over this cover. Like everyone else did. I didn't think it was as good as the original. I know what Trent said. I saw. I remember him saying it. The video was haunting, it was amazing. Everyone said it's his song. Now. I never felt that way. And I felt the same way I did.
Speaker 5: About this, as we hadn't heard from Johnny Cash.
Speaker 4: And then we finally do and it's in this way and people are like, okay, wow, and it captures our hearts because they hadn't heard from Johnny Cash.
Speaker 2: The best thing that happened is Johnny Cash was now being played on my radio station. I didn't you know what I mean? There was no Johnny Cash. We we didn't play bring a Fire on an alternative station. No, no, what are you doing what? I just found it?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Trent said this became radio wizard song.
Speaker 2: After he said, is this really?
Speaker 6: Called?
Speaker 2: Stud was not ready? This is our boss o.
Speaker 11: The span heard this, I figured the old one that's real.
Speaker 3: Okay, unpopular opinion. This wasn't my favorite either.
Speaker 2: I don't know how it can't be. You got your time to.
Speaker 11: Give it his try to call the bus again. I remember the.
Speaker 2: Song was written for someone else to sing. Okay, somebody on our staff that can sing. His name is Mark Sherman. Somehow Radio Wizard intercepted the email and went in and recorded this with Jeremy before Sherman had a chance to go do it.
Speaker 11: I knowed what was it for?
Speaker 15: What was it?
Speaker 2: Granted the band? I could have it.
Speaker 11: Go a grand endand.
Speaker 2: Not the worst.
Speaker 14: All right.
Speaker 2: Notice he's not emailing me, Hey, Rod, you're running a little late today. He's like, no, let that play. We can o late. Shmte let it go.
Speaker 1: On Monday Night football, Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs are gonna host Baker Mayfield and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Chiefs comes into this one as nine point favorites. Kickoffs at seven fifteen. You can watch on ESPN and the sports blog page Today. Tests talked about it earlier, but Jason Kelcey smashed a fans phone when he called his brother a homophobic slur fellas is it gay to date girls?
Speaker 2: I don't know that was such a try. It didn't land.
Speaker 1: I thought Jason Kelsey was very much in his own in the right to smash the guy's phone.
Speaker 2: That was good.
Speaker 1: In basketball, Rockets are back in action tonight. They're gonna host the Nicks at the Toyota Center Tipops at seven forty five. You can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety In soccer using down in my FCS season came to an end last night. They thought the Seattle Sounders and penalties. They lose their first round series two games to none. That what's going on in sports.
Speaker 2: Rock and Alternative Fair to Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM ninety four five buzz, that's Pearl Jam even Flow. It's such a great song. It's such a great song. I have white part of the show.
Speaker 7: People.
Speaker 2: I think is it eight oh eight? Is it eight?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 2: Eight? O? Nine? Nine nine? Okay, very good, very good. We got to work and getting all of our clocks situated here in the studio clocks. Hope you're off to a great start to your day. It looks like we have to deal with some more rain here. We got a forty percent chance of scattered thun understorms.
Speaker 3: Windy today, highs of around eighty five.
Speaker 2: Radio Wizard did, of course, send me an email. Oh yeah, what do you say? What are you in the subject quote? Not the worst end quote. Those were the words of Alex the Songbird of our generation. You really made his day. You played You played the Radio Wizard. It's an old classic. Here on the Rod Ryan Show when we were doing a promotion called half a Grand and a Band. I don't know where the lyrics came from. Did a did a listener write those lyrics?
Speaker 1: I don't remember if it was written in house or if it was a listener that did it, but I think it was some sort of hybrid of that probably.
Speaker 2: But I sent the lyrics I ce Seed Radio Wizard that was the movie. There is the rub.
Speaker 3: I sent it to someone that is a trained singer and piano player and.
Speaker 2: Radio Wizard's boss. As a matter of fact, there we go, my boss and uh. I sent it to him to I asked him, hey, Mark, I know you're really really busy, but would you mind recording this? And he's a radio guy, so he's like okay, he gets the bit. He's like, okay, if you think it's gonna be funny, great. I was gonna have him go cut it in his beautiful voice. Radio Wizard printed it out. Mark this sing. Mark sings and plays piano and everything. Wizard was c Seed on that printed it out and ran to the production studio and had Jeremy record him do it, locked the door, let anyone else in. The ask on that email was for Mark Sherman to sing it. Radio Wizard said, I got this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe you got confused when you know you know, I guess, and I like that was in his that was inside in the corner.
Speaker 2: He plays the Wizard in a corner.
Speaker 3: I cannot confirm, but I have heard that while Radio Wizard was recording.
Speaker 2: If you listen to that recording, you can hear Mark Sherman pounding on the door, let me in, Let me in, and the Wizard is recording it and he has his foot jammed up against the door, would not let the intended the intended singer in.
Speaker 1: Like that Ohio Players song, you hear the girls screaming, yeah, that's you can hear Mark Sherman pounding on the door.
Speaker 2: And then if we ever get to the end of that ever again, at the end, you will hear a mic drop and then the intended singer was excused, we don't need you anymore, and then.
Speaker 3: We've got it, and that that's his little that's history. Melissa.
Speaker 2: I can't hear her without thinking of the Wizard version epic I have the biggest smile right now. I'm glad somebody's smiling out there. Chat MC. I waited all night at the twentieth anniversary party for Wizard to take the stage and sing that, so.
Speaker 3: Listen. He was up there for a while at one point before shine Down.
Speaker 2: Did he sing it? I don't know. I was I did not. I was with Shinedown. I was kind of babysitting them because they wanted me to lead them right up on the stage. And then somebody said, Wizard is just going off on stage. He's waiting for you to join him up there. I think that was the plaque, the plaqu presentation. Okay, he didn't sing them. He should have, looking back, he should have.
Speaker 5: That was an opportunity, not the worst.
Speaker 2: This is what that will go down.
Speaker 1: As I told him, I'd send him to Hollywood if it was an American Idol audition.
Speaker 2: Eric Guasado, is it too late to add Radio Wizard to the band shirt on?
Speaker 4: You know what?
Speaker 2: You can buy a silver sharpie and you buy at it yourself.
Speaker 3: Oh, he would love to be added to that shirt. Okay, thank you Wizard.
Speaker 2: He's listening on the flip of this break. I guess we're gonna start talking nutcracker market. Oh yeah, it's that time.
Speaker 3: We're to start cracking nuts.
Speaker 2: Huh, good time. So we've got some passes for you to this. I don't even bust balls on the scene because I've been to it. It's amazing. It's so good, it's unbelievable. So it's a whole crazy thing in itself. And we have tickets for the nutcracker Market coming up for you. Don't go anywhere. On the flip of this break, we'll get to that a wrec check and we'll find out what's trending us Rock and Ryan Morning Show six ninety four or five The Buzz. Welcome back Rod Ryan's show on this Monday. Hope you guys had a great weekend and appreciate you coming back to check us out.
Speaker 3: Hopefully you have a chance to go check out links and guests.
Speaker 2: Alex got the six picks today, so he's featured under links and guests. He's doing very very well. You know, you're competing against the MILF so for chance of scattered thunderstorms continuing with the wet weather today, Windy Hive about eighty five, what's trending over there? Well, bag see for us is to bid.
Speaker 4: On the jacket, the guitar and shop in the store because the auction on the autograph jacket and acoustic.
Speaker 5: Guitar ends today right ends today at ten am am.
Speaker 3: So whoever is the high bidder at ten o'clock.
Speaker 2: Today is going to own the custom wrapped acoustic guitar, which is now at one forty dollars. Nic. Wow, that's amazing. And then the the jean jacket that is autographed, one of a kind, one of a kind.
Speaker 3: We will never ever, ever, ever ever make anything like this again.
Speaker 5: Sign it's very nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the twenty anniversary jean jacket, embroidered, signed by everybody that performed. The current bit is at one thousand dollars. I think you're gonna see a lot of activity in the nine o'clock hour on this. Everyone's just sitting there waiting to pounce, you know, So just don't treat it like eve. It's just it's us. It's us. It's it's it's never as good as the major leagues. It's always us in the minors with this stuff. You know, somebody's going to try to put in a bid at ten fifty nine, thinking oh I got this. Nope, don't do that, do not do that. Yeah, okay, just get in there. Bid now what you want to pay for that thing? What else?
Speaker 4: Also you of h Houston Cougar's football hasn't been the best this season, Like the record is three and five. They were playing ranked Kansas State and their record seven and one and they got the win. It was a big win over Kansas State this weekend.
Speaker 2: So the teams that.
Speaker 1: Were the black jerseys or did blackouts, yea, there were seven to one including.
Speaker 2: The Jets this week. There you go, big week for blackouts. There you go. So I told you in the NFL, I think als kind of disagree with me. I don't think every team needs a black jersey. I think that works. I think every team should have one week where they get a black jersey because they all sell black jerseys. Every team sells a black jersey to black jersey. It's cool. I should just go to the throw back like Bills in one black but it looks awesome. The Reds were cool. You go with the red jerseys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, blackout went. The blackout thing works worked?
Speaker 2: It really did it?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 2: Did?
Speaker 5: Head coach? Really for this crowd surfing with professors, really really cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 15: Also, I did want to mention this real quick, that that movie with Tom Hanks and Robin Wright that everyone was talking about like here, it was supposed to be this uh you know, huge, huge bust out.
Speaker 4: Movie and it kind of bombed. So here reunites Hanks and Robin Wright. But they only managed to bring in five million dollars and they finished fifth. That was the opening week. That was opening week for that movie. Here Venom the Last Dance top the top the box office for the second straight week. Okay, that is what's trending on ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Okay, what do you have to give away?
Speaker 4: I have a four pack up tickets to the twenty twenty four Nutcracker Market, happening November fourteenth through seventeenth. It goes down to energ This is where you can find unique items for ever won home.
Speaker 5: To court gives, food, apparel, toys, and so so much more. You can buy your.
Speaker 4: Nutcracker Market tickets at ticketmaster dot com they are on till now.
Speaker 5: Or you just want a four pack right.
Speaker 2: Here on The Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: This is super Bowl of Cracking Nuts.
Speaker 2: It really is. This is a anything all right looking for caller number ten se one, three, two.
Speaker 16: Five, The rod Ryan Show on ninety four five.
Speaker 2: The Bus ninety four five, The Bus, Theory of a Dead Man, the Medicaid song. They did do that live at the rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary party, and of course they did sign the jean jacket, the one of a kind autographed embroidered jacket that was backstage sat in the green room and everybody took the time to uh to sign it.
Speaker 3: Everyone that played that day took time to sign that.
Speaker 2: And it's the only.
Speaker 3: Jacket that was embroidered and signed that day.
Speaker 2: And it's up for auction right now and it has just crossed the one thousand dollars threshold. This auction is money, that is all, every penny of it now is going to go to MDY Anderson because that was donated our friend Jessica that works at Bayou City Graphics. She did like all the VIP passes and she does a lot of printing stuff for the station. Now, she she had that jacket made up and I don't have to back out any cost or anything like that. Same thing with the guitar, the twentieth Aniversary custom wrapped guitar. Our friend Cheetoh bull printing wraps and graphics. He made two of them. I took one, So there's only is it two of a kind? Is a two of a kind? Rod has the other? Okay, he wrapped acoustic guitar that's about thirteen hundred dollars, and again she'd made that for us. I don't have to back out any money for cost or anything. It's just like that's going straight to Andy Anderson and our team of doctors that is out there trying to cure breast cancer. So today's the last day to get in those bids to buy the hoodie, to buy the Phony concert shirt, and all the other boob rock merchandise and all the other old things that are there. Okay, lots of old merchandise, lots of old coozies. You can get in on all that.
Speaker 3: Stuff today until ten o'clock.
Speaker 2: Man, make your move on those auctions. Now, though, let's go over to the phones. Good morning, Rod Ryan Show. Hello, Well, hello, who's this Alena? You're calling number ten? What's up? It's like the World Cup of Christmas Nickknacks really is of Christmas crafts. Where's she going?
Speaker 5: Oh, Elena, you're gonna love it.
Speaker 4: You're I'm gonna give you a four pack of tickets to the twenty twenty four Nutcracker Market, which goes down at Energy.
Speaker 5: I had never been until last year changed my life.
Speaker 2: I am not the same.
Speaker 5: I'm not the same. You won't be there. You're gonna love it.
Speaker 2: Alex and I went for the first time a couple of years ago.
Speaker 10: We did.
Speaker 2: I had to.
Speaker 3: One of us had fun.
Speaker 2: God. Oh yeah, I lost to bed. Was roped into dude. You rope He had a milk swinging off of each limb. They loved him. He was all dressed up as a buddy.
Speaker 5: The loved I didn't like it.
Speaker 2: He was one of the most popular dudes at the thing.
Speaker 5: I'm liking popular, is it?
Speaker 2: Elena? Elena? Elena? Well, congratulations. Have you been to the Nutcracker Market before?
Speaker 5: No, this is gonna be my first time and that's awesome.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well listen, have a great time over there.
Speaker 2: Hang on for me. We'll set you up. You said that was a four pack. Yes, I actually like it. It's cool you get some drinks while you're there. Yeah.
Speaker 5: No, there's not actually to like about it. It's wonderful.
Speaker 4: Chicks everywhere, everyone's dressed up, everyone's having a holly jolly old times.
Speaker 2: Everywhere, throwing a good mood.
Speaker 5: Was there boozing, It's got a happy shopping shopping, it's.
Speaker 3: Got a happy hour vibe to it. A tailgate, Yeah, yeah they do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Hey, Christen's and emails like brother Rotten. Now that Halloween is over and we are in November, just wondering when we're gonna start hearing my all time favorite clip on the show, the dad yelling at the little girl kittens on right now, Happy Monday, sock socks, shoe, shoe. I guess that is a Thanksgiving clip, right, I mean, it happens this is the time. So this is the one that I think is funny. And Tesla laughs about it, so I know she finds it funny. And then Alex just doesn't. Alex doesn't find the humor in this. This dad yelling at his child. Why would a dad yell at a child? Alex doesn't understand that part. He was just showered in love growing up. He doesn't understand why people find this funny. As a matter of fact, he thinks it's unfunny. Set up in the video, Mom's filming Dad's getting ready to drop a turkey into a friar.
Speaker 5: It's our first time.
Speaker 2: First time.
Speaker 3: Mom lets us know that in their narration.
Speaker 2: And then there's obviously two kids fighting in the house and one of the kids comes strolling out and gets.
Speaker 3: Too close to the friar and Dad loses it.
Speaker 5: Okay, now you know, right, first time frying a turkey. Stay inside, please.
Speaker 2: Say, like, stay inside, right, get inside, right now. Oh my god, she was about to walk in.
Speaker 5: There's a very dangerous spot for her to be in.
Speaker 3: She had plenty of room between her and the frying oil.
Speaker 4: He was using his voice in a normal way, and that regular dad voice wasn't cutting it.
Speaker 2: He had to go, okay, get inside, like Mom's trying to be cool, and Dad's like, okay, I'm about to drop this thing. We get inside right now, go time, right now. My dad was My dad could get to that point. My mom got to that point. My mom lived at that point. That was yeah, my mom lived. My mom lived in the red okay, like she was a race car in the red Boom. My mom was there. She was like Bill Burr. My mom was right there all the time. My dad was a little bit more calmer, but he but it didn't take much to get him up there. And then now then I see why they were to gather.
Speaker 5: That's that Bilbert like I ile at sixties.
Speaker 2: I got ready to go.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: My mom was up there. She was ready. She was ready to go, like she wasn't the like the mom was kind of being sweet at the beginning. Okay, there's a video, Okay, get inside, Like my mom would be like, okay, trying a turkey? What do you doing on her? Like my mom would have just jumped right in.
Speaker 5: It's really good.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, thank you, Chris. That's always uh, that's always puts a smile on my face at least, Alex. I'm sorry you're traumatized by that. Not is Tom Phillips just trying to get back in our good graces? You know this Joker sequel. I haven't heard anybody say that it's great. Okay, it's just not doing well. But that doesn't mean that Top Phillips is not a super talented guy. He made the first Joker, which is brilliant, of course, but he made road Trip, which is brilliant. Okay, Tod Phillips made all the Hangover movies. Todd Phillips maybe the hero we need right now. He says, quote I think the Hollywood Reporter quoted him. Stop showing commercials before movies. We've paid for our tickets. We're excited to be there. The commercials tend to take the air out of the room. He's standing up against commercials in movie theaters. Yeah, we need a.
Speaker 3: Guy like Todd Phillips to do this. Yes, it's a highway robbery.
Speaker 2: It's like, all right, you already have me, my time, My ass is in the seat. I think most of you do. Most of you understand the exchange here. Radio is free and then we play some commercials, and that's what keeps it free. That's why it's free. We play the commercials. I mean, if you really wanted to get in on this argument a little bit, when XM and Sirious Radio came along, you were paying for satellite radio and for commercial free satellite radio. There's commercials all over that thing. They got away with it.
Speaker 3: Now, I know that the music channels are commercial free, and.
Speaker 2: That was really we really meant this streaming like it's streaming. But they paid Howard Stern five hundred million dollars a year. They have to recoup some of that money, so they started running commercials. I'm like, okay, that's a premium channel. That makes sense. Okay, some of these other channels, No, they're squeeze it in commercials. And then they just right under our noses. They started playing commercials and made you pay for the service. Okay, still free, free, but you understand it's the barter that goes on the commercials that are played. I don't view trailers of movies as commercials, even though they are commercials for movies. They're trailers of movies. It's a like situation. You're there to see movies. You're there to see some upcoming movie trailers. But the Coca Cola commercials and the Polar bears and the snow and the I paid to be here.
Speaker 3: Todd Phillips back in my good graces.
Speaker 2: He was never not in my good graces because you haven't seen the movie.
Speaker 3: I didn't see fully, I do do, but I'm still a Todd Phillips fan.
Speaker 2: I agree with you, Todd. No commercials at the theaters. That's the Buzz ninety four or five, The bus still the best song on the radio right now. That's Lincoln Park at the Fatis Machine. They'll be in Arlington on is it Friday night? I think we gave Awaight tickets all last week. Yeah, they're playing at the baseball Field in Arlington, so tickets still remain for that show. I don't know how many people they put in their forty forty five thousand for a concert. So if you're heading out there, oh, I'm so jealous. I'm gonna have to wait till they come a little closer like here, which I'm sure is gonna happen at some point next year. They're gonna get rid of these dates. They're gonna play these dates and then boom. I'm looking for a huge announcement for Lincoln Park. And then I think they're just gonna be set up. They have to have things all set up for the new year, and I think they're gonna be out all year long. That's just my guess. That's my guess, because I really really want to see this version of Lincoln Park. I hope you're off to a great start to your day. It is eight forty one. Check your clock. Hopefully everybody's got it. Everybody has been adjusted. You should all be well rested with that extra hour of sleep Chili Extra hour of sleep right loves this, loves it.
Speaker 3: Forty chance of scattered thunderstorms today, Wendy, Hi've.
Speaker 2: About eighty five. The auction, the the funny band names with the Photy Festival T shirt, the Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary hoodie, all that stuff boom comes to an end today at ten o'clock. I saw a lot of you guys in the store. Thank you very much. The high bid today at ten am. On that guitar in that autograph jacket. You're gonna own that jacket, and that that two of a guitar, the two of a kind guitar and the one of a kind jacket. Not easy to say, but that's on links and guests. Alex has six picks. Man hit us up, Buzz, rock and Alter The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to a ninety four five the Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show. Welcome back to the weekend. Everybody, No Funday, number one link today Alex just right behind with his six picks.
Speaker 3: Dude, I want to talk about these Philly cheese stakes you're.
Speaker 2: Making over there. I'm talking about that chest. They're Philly cheese steaks. Okay, I don't know what you're making over there, but you're becoming quite the little chef trying do us some questions if there once good for you chance of u scattered thunderstorms Today, Wendy Alex's six picks are on Links and Guests. That's where you'll find the rod Ryan show Cares online store. That's where you'll find the auction and the two auction items that will come to a close today at ten o'clock high bid today at ten am. We'll own those two one of a one one of them two of a cont those items. Okay, Links and Guests, Tesla, what are Houston's headlines? One final time? Think you know what the first one is? Hell yeah? God?
Speaker 10: All right?
Speaker 5: What selection day?
Speaker 2: Okay? Uh? Do people bet on the politics?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: Placed on Friday night?
Speaker 5: See your people?
Speaker 2: I will not say who I bet on, but I did place to.
Speaker 3: Bet so you can bet on who's going to be the president? Yes, could you bet anything?
Speaker 2: Could you put money on call an all Red? Or you probably could? I have not Oh what the search for that? But you can definitely place. But people are betting on the on the presidential election. What who's favored currently?
Speaker 1: Donald Trump is minus one forty, which means you would have to put down one hundred and forty dollars to win one hundred back on top of your bet.
Speaker 5: So does that mean he's the favorite?
Speaker 2: He's a favorite. He's the favorite?
Speaker 1: Is plus one twenty if you would have put one hundred dollars bet on Kamala Harris, you would get a one hundred and twenty dollars payback.
Speaker 2: If she were to win.
Speaker 5: And what website is that?
Speaker 2: I will not say. Is it legal to bet? Don't worry about it.
Speaker 3: I don't think betting's legal here in Texas?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 2: Don't worry about Okay, Well, that's about all the politics I can handle. You have another story, I mean, tomorrow, go vote. If you didn't bet on it, if you didn't early vote, go vote tomorrow. What else?
Speaker 4: The Galveston Wharves Board is having a special meeting today to resume talks about where the Battleship Texas's new home will be. In mid October, the board ended a year of negotiations with the Battleship Texas Foundation, and then in August they voted in favor of docking the Vincin ship near Peer twenty at the Port of Galveston. But that plan met with local pushback, so they gotta kind of chat about it again.
Speaker 2: Am I making this up? Was Corpus CHRISTI trying to get it?
Speaker 5: I think they might have been on the on the running list.
Speaker 2: Maybe, I don't know.
Speaker 5: We already have a we already have the Lexington over there.
Speaker 2: Oh you do, Yeah, Okay. I hope it don't lose the ship. I hope it stays here.
Speaker 4: But that is right up Corpus' alli because they it's an older city, it's a slower city, and they're like, ooh, history, this is this is right on brand for the pace of Corpus Christie.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think it's on brand for us to keep it here too.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean it's a cool battleship. It fought in both World Wars.
Speaker 4: It was housed near the Santa Sino Monument for years and years, but it's been undergoing repair since twenty twenty two, and some people.
Speaker 2: Don't like that it is blocking the view of the beaufle Bant. You know, we had three days Grace play on that ship.
Speaker 4: I did not know that.
Speaker 11: Yep.
Speaker 2: Rockstar photographer Tray has some killer pictures from that day, and I don't think we were doing much with video back then. It was a long time ago. But yeah, three days Grace played on that band on that ship and we gave away tickets to listeners to watch them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, pretty cool, all right, I love to switch gears here.
Speaker 4: In a new survey, thirty nine percent of Americans say they haven't made a new friend in over a year, and a similar percentage haven't gone to a party in at least six months. The numbers are probably even more extreme than that because this was only a survey of people who say they enjoy traveling with friends. Thirty seven percent of people feel like they've.
Speaker 2: Been in a social rut lately.
Speaker 5: Socially, they say their social lives feel repetitive.
Speaker 2: Do people have parties anymore?
Speaker 7: I do?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have parties. I'm the only one have never been any of your parties? Anybody here?
Speaker 5: My friend Militia hosts people a lot.
Speaker 2: She likes to host people at her house a lot, like girls' nights and stuff. I don't have a home, Okay, yeah, I'm an apartment.
Speaker 5: It'd be hard to host in my apartment as well.
Speaker 2: Do people ever have parties in your apartment?
Speaker 1: Comp There's people that live like with like they had like the communities that kind of live together and they have parties, but.
Speaker 2: It's mostly with other people that also lived in the apartment in apartments, yes, Okay, Now is there some sort of a common area that they'll go hang out?
Speaker 1: And Dawali was last week and that we have a bunch of people that celebrated Dawally in our in our apartment complex and they all kind of had a big party there and you could tell who's who was celebrating because they decorated their doors and stuff.
Speaker 5: That's cool.
Speaker 2: Okay, next weekend that I don't have my kid, I am going to put it out there that I am free. I am available if someone I.
Speaker 5: Want to go to somebody want to go to someone else's party.
Speaker 2: I'm done with having parties. Yeah I might.
Speaker 3: I might be out of the I might be out of the game.
Speaker 2: No one else was having. No one's reciprocating.
Speaker 5: You have a good one though, you have a good location.
Speaker 2: I want to host a ton of I want to go to someone that's like rolling in a keg and stuff like. I want to I want to keger a kager. You can come home when you just watch football.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna be it like all that fizzj Tesa's it, I got it, Ladsy and a keg.
Speaker 2: You know what's gonna happen? My opening, my open weekend. The guy in Cleveland, Texas is going to be having a party. I'm gonna have to go and stay there for the weekend. They have to drive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pap it over night bag.
Speaker 2: It's okay, you hate packing overnight bags.
Speaker 3: Right, anybody knows that I'll book a flight to Cleveland, Texas.
Speaker 2: I'll come to your party. This is an awesome police son. This is an awesome police song. I'm glad you like it? What else?
Speaker 4: Jason Kelsey smashed at penn State fans phone after that fan insulted his brother Travis.
Speaker 2: This was on Saturday.
Speaker 4: Jason was in State College, Pennsylvania for the ten versus Ohio State game, and he walked outside and then the guy called Travis a homophobic slur for dating Taylor Swift.
Speaker 5: So weird anyway, Jason, rightfully?
Speaker 4: So I think turns around, grabs it new phone, and he just smashes it, like did you forget I moved three hundred pound men for a living. I'm Jason Kelsey like, think you're gonna just be in my face, chirpin' it.
Speaker 2: Was the internet. You forgot.
Speaker 4: Dude.
Speaker 2: So as much as I have Kelsey fatigue, of course I'm on his side. But is this is it assault?
Speaker 4: Is it.
Speaker 5: Stupid phone?
Speaker 2: Are they gonna let him? But do they? Does he have to come off of cash on top of the phone? I bet me too. Probably.
Speaker 3: I guess he's got to give some shut up money.
Speaker 4: The way you can provoke someone and then they and then you have to pay them, that is not okay, It's not I agree. Chris Martin gave Australia and fans a shock when he accidentally fell through a trapdoor on stage. Who was playing Melbourne a cold Play's final show, and the audience he was like reading their signs and walking backwards, but there was like an open.
Speaker 2: Hatch on the stage and he he felt he fell through it.
Speaker 4: Now, luckily there were some people there to catch him, he reassured fans, saying that's not planned. But he did continue the show because the crewmember caught him, and all is well, He's fine.
Speaker 2: Those are resents headlines, Alex. You were watching some football this week and I saw on your six picks I was landry. Oh it's Keith. I know he loves that little girl more than anything, but has anyone busted Alex's balls on the picture of him watching the Giants loose. He's cradling the dog and the kids sitting over there by herself watching. It's not needy. Wheezy came up and was sidmay who was thundering yesterday. Okay, Weezey was stressed out. It looks like Baby all over there is saying, what am I chop liver? No, no, baby, it was a weather thing. Weezy doesn't like thunders, so she was hanging on me.
Speaker 3: Okay, Baby was just a fine dog.
Speaker 2: Elle was fine. She got it. So we're not really talking about the Bills beating the Dolphins squished the fish because gratuation don't live in buffaloes. We shouldn't talk about that. Let's just talk about Monday Night.
Speaker 1: Then Monday Night Football, Patrick Mahomes and then defeated Chiefs are going to host Baker Mayfield and the Buccing News.
Speaker 2: Chiefs are nine point favorites heading into this one.
Speaker 1: Kickoff will be at seven fifteen and you can watch it on ESPN and Basketball. The Rockets are back in action tonight they're gonna host the Nixon Toyota Center. Tip Off is at seven forty five and you can listen to that game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety on the sports blog page day, A funny little moment happened at the Nuggets game over the weekend.
Speaker 2: They show the fans of the Jumbo Tron.
Speaker 1: Everybody gets all excited, tries to do whatever they can to get attention. Well, this one lady was like, I'm gonna pretend to give blowges and she just, you know, she's pretending to give some JS, and I mean they're not real, she's not really doing it, but he gets the boys laughing, was going and it was funny.
Speaker 2: And they'd be like, oh, that's a keeper. The crowd went.
Speaker 1: Wild and then she immediately taking off the jump atron and I feel like she was later scored out of the out of the arena.
Speaker 2: But it was pretty funny video longer. She made the boys last, she made she had the boys going, that's what she did, right, dude, Fire the fellaws up. Blowjes might be worse than what you were trying to not say. I think it's funny. I like saying blow you know what? It means. You know what it means. The kids to bed.
Speaker 1: U said Dynamo and season games. It end last night without a blowj They fell to the Seattle Saturns in penalties. They lost their first round series two games to none. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 2: It was a blowjout. It was a blow well, no, because they went to penalties. Not really, Okay, so it wasn't a blowchout.
Speaker 13: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative All Day and The Rock Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 2: NY five Buzz ninety four or five the Buzz Good Morning Rod Ryan Show. It's red jumpsuit apparatus. We are in the nine o'clock hour. My friend's nine to eight nine nine forty chance of scattering thunderstorms today, Windy Hive about eighty five. I didn't really look too much further into the week. I have all indoor activities, although I really.
Speaker 8: I got it.
Speaker 2: I might still have some Halloween stuff up. All right, Yeah, that's all right. It's a weekend. It was kind of rainy. A couple of skulls laying around still kind of attached to polls. I'll get there. Longs are not attached to bodies. You know what I'm saying, like, there you go, right, and I'm not like celebrating it, like I don't have my lights on anymore.
Speaker 3: I had some Christmas, all right, some Halloween lights up.
Speaker 2: Now. I've got a guy here that says that his neighbor had the big ladder out, big ladder. Huh, the bad boy. I call my letter the bad Boy. I'm bringing out the bad boy. This bad boy's coming out for this. Brought out the ladder to take the stuff down. And he thought that the guy was just being efficient and he was putting up the lights. I don't have a problem because up north you have to do this. If you want your house lit for Christmas, you gotta find one of those A little like I don't know if you can still say it Indian summer they call it that. When it gets is a Native American summer. You get this week where it's kind of nice outside. You know it's gonna get cold, but you you're falsely led to believe, like, hey, maybe a little you know a little more of this fall temperature. When it's nice, you go do the lights if you're gonna put lights on things, because you don't want to be doing that in the snow. No, absolutely not. But plug the me in. You just you know, you have them ready to go. And then when there's an appropriate time, you get the Christmas lights. You know, bam, there you are. You're ready a rock. So he said his neighbor went directly from Halloween to Christmas winter Wonderland boom turned on. This guy tore down Halloween and put up Christmas in the same day. That's an animal. I mean, I don't have that kind of energy. That's uh wow, that's a lot. I'm a tear down. And then just Jill, I don't want any decorations up for a little while.
Speaker 4: I went to my hairdresser and he said, he already has all his Christmas decorations up up and.
Speaker 2: They're spinning and they're turning and they're likes that Hallmark stuff.
Speaker 5: I said, whatever makes you happy, man.
Speaker 7: It is.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen I saw white lights all over a house. That's the kind can do that, you know, Yeah, but white lights? What about pink?
Speaker 3: I heard there's I heard there's Chris Mystery decorated in the heights.
Speaker 2: I didn't. I didn't see it first hand. I heard I heard a secondhand that there was something decorated. So I'm gonna tear down the Halloween stuff this week.
Speaker 5: How did it look the morning.
Speaker 4: After Halloween in the heights? Because I feel like candy rappers everywhere. I feel like it would be a disaster.
Speaker 2: These little ass wipes they're eating that candy out there, trigger treating and the throwing alm and joy all over the place. The clip. Yeah, it's like they don't want candy rappers in their bag, so they're just throwing rappers. Okay, Yeah, it looked like a ticker tape parade with candy wrappers everywhere. All right, guys, write these numbers down. The guitar, the custom rap acoustic guitar is at one thousand, three hundred and forty dollars. All right, So somebody's got the high bit on that. They're sitting on it and they're waiting for somebody to come in and just you know, I think there's going to be a crazy bidding festival going on at nine five today. The last fifteen minutes could be wild. We could see this thing go up a couple hundred dollars. The jacket. The jacket heard it too. The jacket is that one thousand dollars, right, Now, these are these two amazing items that you can bid on. High bid at ten o'clock today will be the owner of these amazing items and then the store shuts down too. Man, you want that hoodie, you want that funny phony concert with all the funny band names, that is all. And the rod Ryan Show cares online store which closes today at ten. Guys, please get in there. Bid high.
Speaker 16: Ninety four five. The Buzz has your chance now to win one thousand dollars. Enter this nationwide keyword on our website. Credit that's credit. Enter it now at the buzz dot com for your shot at one thousand dollars in alternative income from ninety four to five.
Speaker 13: The Buzz Houston's Rock Houston's Alternative and The rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Buzz Hu's Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. Twenty percent chance of scatter thunderstorms windy today high raty five. Alex, you're running yep an.
Speaker 9: Online, Kid's Allegs online ninety five.
Speaker 1: The mush All right, today's a well, you're gonna be looking at some old school classroom tools that maybe you used when you were in school, and you're going to have to see if you can remember what they were used for a lot of kids nowadays would not know. I thought, I don't want to give too anyway. But the first one is when you would have to write a bunch of stuff with chalk, and it was like there's like four rings of the chalk and you could write the same thing over and over again.
Speaker 2: Oh, you would like the sticks to hold the pieces of chalk.
Speaker 3: We would use that in music class. You would make the bars.
Speaker 1: Yes, you can do that music also do the Bart Simpson. I will not do this, So you could. You could write like that if you're good enough to it.
Speaker 2: All right, what's the thing? Where is it a where you have you set a point and then that makes a circle? Protractor? Protractor? Is it a protractor? It sounds like it. We're gonna go with proctor. You could stab people with it too, That was cool if you didn't do it at the right angle. Oh, there was a there was a chalk version. There was a chalkboard version of a protractor that made a circle. If you didn't do it at the right angle. It was the screechiest fingernails on a chalkboard noise ever. It just I just got the chills thinking about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, A lot of stuff like kids nowadays would know because there's not blackboards and stuff like that. But go check it out some old school classroom items at the World Finished rod Ryan Show page, The Buzz dot Com, The rod Ryan Show, The Buzz four or five.
Speaker 2: The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. That's popa roach and no apologies, rod Ryan Show, Milf Monday, Alex's six picks? What are you cooking over there? Bro? It was a two was at two different meals you prepared this weekend. There was two food pictures in addition to your old school clock radio, which I think I might be the only person that appreciates you using an old school clock radio.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I like waking up to ninety five The Buzz in the morning's.
Speaker 5: Right there with a sidewalk picture for me.
Speaker 2: Sa.
Speaker 1: I remember then when I took the picture of the clock that I may have six picks, and I was like, here's the first one.
Speaker 2: Okay, six picks. What did you cook? I made some chopped cheese on Saturday. What is chopped cheese? It's just like a deconstructed cheeseburger pretty much cheese. Yeah, that's whatever.
Speaker 1: I put some dice, jalapenos ice cream pepper dice cream peppers in there too?
Speaker 2: Is this all in an effort for you to stop ordering in?
Speaker 4: It?
Speaker 2: Definitely helps?
Speaker 1: And then also I'm just home a lot with the kids, So yeah, like now I can help out my wife and I will cook instead of me not ever cooking before. You watch the Bear, and I watched the Bear. But like, I'm not making this up. The bear made right, but I did make the bear sandwich that took a lot of time.
Speaker 3: Do you make your wife call you chef when you're making them?
Speaker 2: I'd like it when she does your rest for help, I need hands I have. She thought that so you made once she thought that you made chopped cheese, and then you made I know you don't call it a Philly cheese sha cheesteak?
Speaker 3: What is the cheese you used on the cheese steak?
Speaker 2: Okay, now, the famous every time there's a Monday night football game in Philly, they'll go to that. There's two famous cheeseteak places and one of them uses cheese whiz and one of them uses something else. So okay, those are good looking sandwiches. They were good. Yet the importance of those sandwiches what's in it is huge. But the bread you used, where do you get the bread? Yeah, you have to have the Bread's got to be nails. Okay, all right, well listen, I'm making myself hungry. I got lunch coming up very soon. Oh yeah, yeah, if you got your yeah, your kid is also in there. Tessa, did you have a brat summer? Did you have a brat summer?
Speaker 15: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know what what if you did. I think if you had a brad summer, you would know that you had a brat summer. Okay, well, then you tell me, you tell me what it what it is. Charlie XCX put out an album called Bratt came out in June, and it led to the Brat Summer phenomenon, along with some Bratt memes. Charlie XCX herself describes it as this, You're just like that girl who's a little messy and likes the party and maybe says some dumb things sometimes. Oh yeah, probably get a brat summer. You didn't even know it. Sure, she feels like herself, but then also maybe has a breakdown, but kind of likes the party. Though. It's very honest, it's very blunt, it's a little bit volatile. We're having a brat life. This is just one season where you.
Speaker 3: Know you're getting old. Like, I don't think I'm expected to know this.
Speaker 2: I've heard of the brat thing just because I put Charlie XCX on looking at girls from time to time. It's the twenty twenty four Collins Dictionary Word of the Year, and I just explained brat summer to you.
Speaker 5: I thought it was more associated with a color, like a lime green.
Speaker 2: That's the color of her album, I think, so, I thought.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I did my nails lime green one time during the summer.
Speaker 2: So it beat out, It beat out brain rot, it beat out era, which I really if I would have had.
Speaker 3: A vote in this thing. I thought arrow was so overused.
Speaker 2: You know how long is Taylor's just tour been going for a while. Yeah, maybe Arrows has been Era has been over but it's just so overused. Now I'm in my this era. I'm in my this era.
Speaker 5: I mean, is it overused because it's so convenient to say. I mean, you can be in any anything can be an era.
Speaker 2: Anything can be a brat too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, raw dogging was in the running for the word of the year.
Speaker 2: Raw dogging explained the act of undertaking an activity without preparation, support, or equipment. And I think this kind of became a thing raw dogging. When you saw somebody on a plane, yeah, did not have headphones, was not looking at a movie, was not doing any reading or anything. Anyone that's just sitting existing, sitting in their seat, not sleeping. Even you're raw dogging that flight. Trying to rod out of a run last week, it was the worst thing ever. No headphones. My headphones died like five minutes into my round.
Speaker 5: Did you have a watch?
Speaker 2: Okay, I did have a watch, but I didn't have not a complete row eye. But I didn't do it. I forgot my headphones and my tunes and everything. And I had to raw dog a workout last.
Speaker 1: Year in hell, and you almost want to not work out, but I was like, we're already out here.
Speaker 2: It's just right as well. So this these are all the I'm talking about things that didn't make the Word of the year. So all of us are either too old, too on hip but caught off guard a little bit that bratt was the word of the year. No I'm not, you're not, You're you knew that on summers. Now, I was fighting against them just to make us feel even older. Because there are two types of older adults. Let's be honest here. Okay. There's those that make an awkward effort to try to keep up with these new slangs and trends, which I don't even try anymore. Okay, there's me that kind of hears this stuff because I look, I'm embarrassed at the stuff that I have to look at to prep for the show. No one my age, none of my friends know any of this stuff, and they look at me sometimes they're like, what do you mean, Demure, what are you talking about, Rod? What do you I'm like, I don't know why, I know that. I just know it. You know. It's those that just give zero big newtons about what's being said out there. That's most of the people that I associate with. Yeah, Like, they just talk how they talk.
Speaker 5: They're not trying to sound hippo cool.
Speaker 2: How How is hawk tua not the word of the year and the most searched slang term in twenty twenty four? It made the list. Hawk tua was number four slang term searched in twenty twenty four. Yeah, that had a little moment, didn't it that had the biggest moment? I thought, Yeah, I didn't. What had a bigger moment? Well, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I just the hawk Tua thing for me, wasn't I thought it was like a week to memes and then that's all.
Speaker 2: It really a lifetime of memes. We're talking about a millionaire now with a podcast. It went away. That's you, that's your queen. That's insane to me. Top ten most search slang terms. Demure was number one. Right now, someone is asking what is demure? Rod? The last time we talked about it, I got three emails. One of them was your boyfriend, Josh Tree, what is demure? What are you talking about? It was a viral video that a girl said demure in it, and then everybody jumped on it and everyone put out a video. Did they say it themselves or did they use her audio when they put out the video? I think they used her audio? Sure?
Speaker 3: Okay, so tmur? I know Sigma.
Speaker 2: I don't know. That's like, is that supposed to make alpha? I don't know. I don't know. Like you test that sigma, You're out, no clue? Hold on, I've seen it on a bunch of memes that they confuse me. What happened to my young fun squad? That's the one that got by me? Okay, Alex means that's not as the eighteen flitter of the Greek. It means skibbity.
Speaker 1: I know, skimmy toilet. It's like the end of the toilet, and that's what all the kids say. That's skibbity, which is like cool or not cool.
Speaker 2: It was a weird video with like these heads with long necks.
Speaker 1: Yeah okay, and it spins up out of the toilet and that's skibby to Kim Kardashian's daughter just bought a diamond skibbity toilet necklace.
Speaker 2: Hoptool was a four with times schmallship Schmaltz.
Speaker 5: I don't know what that is.
Speaker 2: Schmaltz is I mean schmaltz is an old like Jewish, like an old Yenta would say that your schmaltz. That's what it means.
Speaker 5: What a schmaltz mean?
Speaker 2: I don't know, John, That's why that's why I try to keep people younger than me on the show. Never heard that word pream.
Speaker 11: That's like.
Speaker 2: I don't know chicken or goose fat. A lot of people don't know that small rendered chicken or goose fat. I don't think that's what the kids. I'm going to cut bait on this, this cut beita thing, because I'm cutting it is now. I'm cutting the bait. I got gad of you. I hit a snag. They're run Ryan Show on ninety four or five, Experience Adventure into the Cosmic on a US ninety four or five, the Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Nirvana dumb.
Speaker 3: That song just came up in the rotation.
Speaker 2: I didn't put that in. I just came up all on its own. Yeah, they would have cand it small, Good morning, Hope, you're off to a great start to your Monday, your milk Monday. At that no big deal. Another six hundred dollars has come in on the autographed jacket that is on our auction right now in the rod Ryan Show Cares online store. Fifteen minutes ago it was at one thousand dollars. Twenty dollars increments. Now, I don't get to see the individual bids how they come in. I just know that it's six hundred dollars higher than it was fifteen minutes ago. It's the jean jacket. It is autographed, it is embroidered, it's got the Rod Ryan Show twenty anniversary logo on it, and everybody that played the party signed it. One thousand, six hundred dollars. The guitar is still sitting at one thousand, three hundred and forty dollars. It's not autographed, but it is a custom rapped acoustic guitar. It is a two of a kind. Only one is being made available for your bidding. One three hundred and forty dollars. Why am I talking so much about this? Today is the last day? All right? The high bid at ten o'clock, it gets shut off. That's it, high bid ten o'clock, boom, you will get these these amazing auction items that are available in our store, and the store shuts down. I just went to go look at the back end of the store and a lot of people buying that hoodie today. So thank you. We had a really we're having a really really big sales day today. So thank you for waiting till the last minute and freaking me out. I'm just I'm glad you're here. I'm glad you're there. Think you think you think you? Thank you? You guys are being very very generous. Today store closes. Auction closes at ten. You have twenty minutes. Do not wait until the last second to get your auction bid in Okay, or your or your your your order, just get it in there. Okay, let's take a short break. But first, what are we giving away? I know the show, So I've left.
Speaker 4: A pair of tickets to Mattress from Battleground two K two four the college basketball this Saturday, November night at Toyota Center.
Speaker 5: So the Coogs are taking on.
Speaker 4: Auburn and the Rice Owls going head to head with the Florida State Seminoles. So tickets are ontal now at Toyota Center dot com. But you can win a pair of tickets to this.
Speaker 2: The feat of the show.
Speaker 3: Okay, Tesla, we'll have a question for you on the flip of this break.
Speaker 13: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and The rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 2: So on, let's get right into it. Ninety four to five The Buzz, Welcome back rod Ryan's Show. Ten nine. Damn that o'clock got me all morning. Yeah, it's ninety nine know the show. What's you giving away?
Speaker 4: I have the tickets to see the University of Houston Cougars take on the Auburn Tigers.
Speaker 2: This is basketball, college basketball. Okay, what's your question going to be?
Speaker 5: Well, we did a.
Speaker 4: Story about Johnny Cash covering a nine inch nail song hurt, and Alex just.
Speaker 5: Threw something in that, you know, wasn't the worst.
Speaker 2: I think was the quote. That's the thing you want to call back to.
Speaker 5: So, yeah, what wasn't the worst to hear on a Monday?
Speaker 2: Says Alex?
Speaker 5: Says Alex.
Speaker 3: Okay, as wasn't the worst?
Speaker 11: It wasn't.
Speaker 2: That was your reviews seven one, three, two, two, five, nine four five.
Speaker 15: If you know the show, Hey, Alexa, play ninety four point five, The Buzz on iHeartRadio, getting ninety.
Speaker 2: Four point five, the bus Station from iHeartRadio, The.
Speaker 9: Rod Bryan Show every morning six to ten on ninety four five, The Buzz Okay.
Speaker 2: Ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show, Red Hot Chili Peverer since scar tissue, forty chance of scattered thunderstore windy today, Hi eighty five, thirty percent chance of rain two night, okay, nine fifty three. Come on. La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 9: Go ahead, hit that Opener's now time for this show on ninety four five the buzz.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go over to the funks here. I think it's Mike. Hello, Mike, that's me, Mike, very Mike. How are you doing, Mike, Mike, I'm doing great. Man, how are you? I'm doing very well? Thank you, grant great. Okay, we got Mike here. What's your question, Tessa, I'm sorry, there you are, Hey Mike.
Speaker 4: We did a story about Johnny Cash covering nine inch nails, and then that led Alex to dropping a clip of something that wasn't the worst thing.
Speaker 2: Ooh he wasn't. Yeah, I'm kind of questioning that myself. But it was a radio wizard singing his parody of hurts for uh, it's for something our band and a grand I think something like that.
Speaker 3: You're right, yeah, that's when we did that, which was such a great promotion.
Speaker 2: Had half a brand in a band.
Speaker 3: It was just a clever way of us giving away cash.
Speaker 2: It was when it was back in the old days, when our when our company gave us money to give away.
Speaker 5: Well, there's Johnny, there's.
Speaker 3: A Johnny version. Let's can we go out with that.
Speaker 2: I mean, I would have liked the Wizard one.
Speaker 4: But you know what, I know, Mike got these tickets to go see the Koog's take on the Auburn Tigers.
Speaker 5: Congratulations, dude, you know.
Speaker 2: The show all right?
Speaker 11: Nice?
Speaker 3: Thanks hey, Mike, thanks for being a part of the show. Dude, have a great week.
Speaker 2: Bye bye, thank you. So the story, the reason why this whole thing got started today was apparently Rick Rubin Old Johnny Cash was not totally convinced that doing a cover of Trent Reznor's song Hurt. Didn't think it was the right thing for him to do, and uh again, Rick Rubin kind of stuck with it, wouldn't let Johnny off. He was already working with Johnny Cash. Johnny Cash was doing some stuff late in his life with Rick, and it was Rick's idea to do the cover. Obviously, Rick got him to do Rusty Cage as well, which is great. But this is the one that people feel is just maybe one of the greatest cover songs of all time. I think it's great. I just I don't. It's not a top ten cover song for me. Yeah, for me, I agree. People think I'm crazy though. The video, everything about it is hauntingly beautiful. It's great. There's just so many great covers out there. Trent Reznor himself said, you know what, that's Johnny song. Now I disagree. Keep that song, Trent.
Speaker 11: It's good.
Speaker 2: He beat yours. All right, that's it. We gotta go SB d J Sammy Baker Davis Junior. Yeah, he's in the Hall of Fame for the third time. For a third time. He's been a two time Hall of Famer forever. On this show. He got it done this morning. He beat JJ. JJ was out running this morning. He stopped his run. He stopped his morning run to play the game. That was awesome. Now, maybe we need to brand new players tomorrow though, there's room. Let's get some more Hall of famers in there. Fresh out of bed. Head to head something we play every morning at around six twenty. Okay, Texas Hammer. We thank the great Jim Adler for helping us out with the Texas Hammer game. Today. It was awesome because it was pod Boom, my favorite pod song today. You shout out and rips and t's and p's to Peanut the squirrel right, Okay, Milf Monday was the number one link, but number two not far behind there's Alex right there with his six picks. Everybody loves those baby pictures. Yeah, the baby pictures, the food pictures, and the clock picture, that old school clock radio. I loved it, clock, I loved it. Wizard doing some singing today on this show. The auction. The auction is going to end in three minutes. I know some of you like to live dangerously. You're waiting to put in that big, big bid. Get in there, get in there, thank you, thank you so much. The auction ends at ten o'clock. Plus the shore going to the store's going to shut down at ten o'clock. So I appreciate all the orders today. Tat Tuesday tomorrow, are we doing Chili bro? We can play another game. Let's give Chili Brown a break because we just got done with the and we'll do some we'll do some Thanksgiving additions, getting closer, but we could play a game tomorrow if you guys want to play some sort of a game. We haven't played a long time. I'm down for it. Something to take our mind off the election. For God's sakes, everything's going to be election tomorrow, so let's do something for a little escapism. What do you want to play tomorrow. Let's play a fun game and just kind of let's put that on the back burner a little bit. All right, Mermaids play Mermaids?
Speaker 5: Is that a game that is hard to do on the radio?
Speaker 2: Is a mermaid a game? How do you play Mermaids?
Speaker 4: You just splash around in the water in the pool and yeah, you adapt that to the radio somehow, probably not to workshop that.
Speaker 2: Get back to me. Jeremy's up next. He's got the NonStop nooner. Pick your tickets with him at the one o'clock hour rod Ryan Show, care Store closing in two minutes at rod Ryan's show on All Socials, test us on Houston Life Today at one o'clock. That's it. We're on a twenty hour break man. Thank you guys. Hey, Election Day tomorrow, Meat, Yes, finally use us for an escape. I'm just gonna tell you that right now. There's no way we can't talk. We have to talk about it.
Speaker 3: But it's not gonna be the four hours. It's not gonna be the four hours.
Speaker 2: That's why, really, four hours of page. That's why I want to play a fun game tomorrow and take our minds off of these things and then let those people do what they do. That's it. Hey, am alf S, Well wasn't that fun.
Speaker 9: If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.