Speaker 1: M h trigger More, this podcast may include explicit content that will take you out of your comfort zone and make you question reality.
Speaker 2: Listener's discretion is advised.
Speaker 3: I am welcome back to another episode of Deplorable Nation. I'm your host, Deplorable Janet, and today I have a beautiful returning guest, no stranger to the show and everybody in the podcast community knows her and loves her. Welcome back my beautiful friend, miss Julia from Cosmic Peach.
Speaker 2: Oh you goodness what I don't know if I can move up to the intro. I don't know too. Kind of you too, kind of you? Thanks for having me, Janet.
Speaker 3: Well, I want to say thank you for reaching out to me about this because you know, I'm like so in the realm of how do you say, exposing that the healthcare community? And so the topic today, I think is an important one because of the number, massive number of people that are diagnosed with this literally all the time, and it's it's a very interesting topic. So let us get into PCOS. And for people that don't know, it is, polycystic ovarian syndrome used to be called uh, polycystic ovarian disease. But we're gonna talk about that and infertility issues. So m I'm glad you brought this topic up.
Speaker 2: Well, you were the first person I thought of immediately, because I feel like I've talked to you about this before, but I've never really done enough research to dedicate a whole episode to it. And unfortunately, when you're when you have something, it makes you almost an expert on it if you're trying to cure it, because you have to dive way deep into every possible thing and watch videos and read research articles and try supplements and do all this stuff. And you're, as I was saying kind of before we started recording, you almost get like an honorary PhD in studying something because you're you're suffering from it and there are no freaking answers out there, and no good ones at least, right it's like, oh, lose weight. What the thing is, though, is there's a lot of people getting diagnosed with PCOS and I'm not tooting my own horn or anything that a weight Yeah, Hello, it's not cured by losing weight for some people.
Speaker 3: Well no, And the interesting thing about it is they do not know what the hell causes it.
Speaker 2: And they'll tell that to your damn face, they'll be we don't know.
Speaker 3: They have guestimations, right, which I which I absolutely love when they're taking a stab in the dark at what they think could be causing or underlying. So possibly it could be genetic. Everything could possibly be genetics. That's just a bold face lie. Insulin resistance, although if you have PCs, you may not have insulin resistance, so that's a bold face lie too. Of course, the obesity and inflammation, which inflammation is literally my favorite one on this list because the last three episodes that I have done about other things, one of them was cholesterol, one of them was diabetes, and one of them was Crohn's disease, and they're all. Every single one of these things, every single diagnosis period is linked to inflammation because inflammation comes mostly from sugar and alcohol because it settles in your joints and into your cells at a deep level. So that's the literal only explanation for what could cause it that I buy.
Speaker 2: The one thing I will say is I think they have a lot of stuff actually right and wrong at the same time, if that makes sense. I don't think anything you just said on that list is causing it. I think PCOS causes those things you just said on the list. I think you first get PCOS, then your body gets so fucked excuse my language, that you get insulin resistance, you have obesity from inklinary resistance, you have inflammation from having PCOS. You have like xyz because of PCOS. Not well of the way around, you know what I mean. It's like, and that's reeraboc in your body.
Speaker 3: Perfect that you brought that up, because PCOS has like seventeen different symptoms and they're very you know, like the heart issues and diabetes, high blood pressure, thinning hair skin tags hello, darkening of the skin. I have that too, But then again I'm in the older category. Adrenal tumors, hormone irregularities, menstrual irregularities, body and facial hair, male pattern, baldness, acne. Of course, the polycystic ovaries, which that's a very interesting thing. I need to bring up, problems with all vulation. There's literally it's like a gamut of things, and it kind of reminds me of like when COVID came out and it was just a respiratory thing and then they're like, well, but if you have diarrhea or your stomach hurts or your body aches or whatever. Well that's all part of it too.
Speaker 2: Those are all you lose your smell and tape exactly this, that, this, and they just kept going. And that's exactly what it is. Because when I was first diagnosed with it, which was a couple of years ago, I don't know, I can't remember if you were on the round table or not, but it was when I started doing like all ladies' nights and we would just talk about like problems or whatever, and I said, I'm going to stop my birth control pills. I've taken them for twenty years I had. They're toxic garbage, and I'm going to stop them. Well I stopped them, and then I didn't have a period for like six to eight months, and so I went to the doctor because I was like, do for a PAP, but also curious as to like why I might not be having a period anymore. And they were like, well, let's they give you some kind of test. It's called like the Shoelitzer some thing or other to diagnose you with PCOS. And so I got an ultrasound blood work, and there's like one other thing that they do to for sure confirm diagnose you with PCOS. My testosterone levels were that of like a full grown man. That was one of the things. I had what they call strings of pearls on my ovaries, which basically just means your body doesn't know how to mature your eggs anymore, so they just start up a bunch of follicles on your ovary but never really grow them to maturity. So you have what they call strings of pearls cysts on your ovaries. And then there was like one other thing like absence of menstrual periods obviously, and my hair was falling out and like all this stuff, and they were like, congrats, you are the proud owner.
Speaker 3: Of PCOS diagnosed the snow go away.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I goes, all right, so what do you think, like what caused this? And the answer is always like, well, we're it's not really something that's easily determined. We're not really sure. But in the back of my mind, I go, how about the fact that I took birth control for twenty years. How about the fact that I got the Gardasil shots, three of them when I was in sixth grade. How about And I start adding things up in my mind and it's like my body never my mom put me on birth control in the sixth grade because my periods would last like three weeks at a time and they're awful. And like being in sixth grade and having a three week long period and crying to your mom and stuff and like having to change pads and like not all the other girls are having to go through that. It was embarrassing. So of course, what's the doctor do. Oh well, we'll put her on birth control pills, I regulate, and then you just stay on it because it's so like, oh, I have like a three day period and it's always super on time, and like whatever. You just like think it's the best thing. And I stayed on it for twenty years. My body never got the chance to understand how to regulate itself right.
Speaker 3: And I'm glad you brought those things up because one of the one of the quote treatments right for PCOS is always to put somebody on birth control if they haven't already been on birth control, and that anytime that you take a synthetic hormone, your body reacts to that and your body will not produce natural hormones because it has been disregulated but by these bioengineered hormones. One of the most important glands in your whole entire body as far as you know, there's like fourteen different functions that it does is your petuitary growing petuitary gland, and it is responsible for releasing LH and FSH, which in turn makes you ovulate, makes the eggs actually form the whole nine yards. So when your petuitary is screwed up from synthetic hormones or gardasil or opioids, anti depressants, soy, genetically modified hormones that are in dairy chicken, literally everything on the planet eggs, all of that stuff messes with you know, as long and multiple other things like you know, suppressant drugs, allergy medications, all of those things mess with your peituitary gland and its function which regulates literally your entire body, not just your you know, sex hormones and stuff like that, but it controls your temperature regulation, your weight, uh, your your hair, your skin, your nails. Literally everything that causes symptoms or symptoms are caused from pcos can be traced back to the pituitary gland and things that that attack.
Speaker 2: That, like the birth control the X y z. It like retards your petitary.
Speaker 1: You.
Speaker 2: It doesn't know what to do.
Speaker 3: Exactly because it's it's put into a hyper state where it's releasing all kinds of extra hormones and stuff because it's trying to regulate late. It is literally the regulation gland in the body. And so when you when you stop the hormones or or antidepressants or any of that stuff that you take long term and you stop it, your body's trying really hard to find its normal balance or its homeostasis, and so it's releasing all these crazy hormones and stuff. Your your thyroid may swell, you know, and in your thyrohge lands in here may swell. You may have like a swelling in your arms or legs or whatever because it's releasing so many different chemicals because it doesn't know what to do.
Speaker 2: The thing too. And I'm so glad you brought up the thyroid is I said, my hair's falling out. That these symptoms really milk it. Well. You know, if you have hashimotos, it can cause you to get PCOS. No it's backwards eat words. If you have PCOS, you are more likely to have hashimotos or thyroid issues which is why my testosterone level was that of like a grown man. And then I was like, my hair falls out, you know whatever, whatever, and so they put me on levothyroxine. And the only reason I took it is because I was so afraid of the amount of hair I was losing that I wanted until I could do further research on it. I needed something just in the meantime to yeah, so I started taking it. They gave me a three month supply. I took it for three months, and my hair did stop falling out. Like all that's true. When you take levothyroxine, it does work. The problem is it's just like birth control, though you don't want to be on a synthetic hormone like that exactly. So this is a suggestion for any of your listeners who are struggling going through this the same as I am. I've found the miracle replacement for levothyroxine or whatever it is, and it's grass fed and finished beef thyroid capsules that you can get from websites like Ancestral Supplements. There's another one called Heart and Soil Supplements, and they raise grass fed and grass finished bovine and then they take from notes to tell all the organs, dehydrate them, encapsulate them. And the thought is you take the organ that you're struggling with in your body. So if you've got GI issues, you would take in the intestine supplement. If you have thyroid issues, you take the thyroid supplement. If you're having fertility issues, they do make one that's ovaries, fallopian tubes, and uterus of the of the cow. Like literally those things replenish in your body. What and it works. I'm only taking two a day, Janet, and it's night and day.
Speaker 3: H Yeah. And it's funny because the traditional treatments, like I said, the first thing is gonna be birth control. If you're not already on birth control. The second thing they're always going to tell you is you have to take met Foreman.
Speaker 5: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Man is a diabetes drug's first line defense diabetes drug. They will give you that for your insulin resistance, which keep in mind that's a new word. Insulin resistance is not a thing. Insulin resistance is because your liver is not processing insulin properly. And the reason is because our liver gets damaged from sugar alcohol every day. You know, chemicals toxins, processed foods, literally all kinds of environmental stuff and things like that. And one of the huge things that contributes to organ damage of your liver is long term birth control use.
Speaker 2: I just found that out two seconds ago. I did not know that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because when you take birth control for a really long time, it changes the receptors and the chemicals that in your liver or on your liver, and it's responsible for breaking things down into water soluble stuff that is easy for you to pass either through your urine or through poopen or whatever. And so your liver gets gombed up just like you know, drain pipes at home do or whatever. They get black goofy tari, you know whatever. And your liver is the major processing organ in the body, and so when you're on a long term birth control supplement, it messes with those hormone receptors on your liver and causes your liver to not function properly, which is what causes the quote insulin resistance.
Speaker 2: And so this is where people say you have a pcos belly because you only gain weight like right in your lower abdomen, and they'll say it's because you have insulin resistance.
Speaker 3: And that's a lot, because there's no such thing.
Speaker 2: It's just your liver shot. Your liver is shot.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, we're just getting to the good party. Head on over to the Cosmic Peach Patreon and make your reservation to Room two three seven to enjoy the rest of this episode. Not sure how to get there, simply scroll down to the description of this episode and click the link, or go to patreon dot com slash Cosmic Peach Podcast. There is also a Patreon app if you're interested.
Speaker 4: What's in Room two three seven. Well, thanks for asking, Danny, but a great care taker never reveals their secrets. See for yourself and uncover bonus content, extended versions of episodes, Patreon exclusive if ten percent off code for all merch early access to every single episode, sneak peeks or behind the scenes content, and whatever else I'm in the mood for. There are plenty of amenities to enjoy while you are checked in to Room two three seven. Take a trip up the sidewinder and stay awhile. You can check out any time you'd like, but.
Speaker 2: You can never leave, just kidding.
Speaker 5: Thank you in advance for supporting the show, and I can't wait to see you over there