Speaker 1: Here is an unscreened email to begin the Minnesota Goodbye, and I only know that it's from Sarah and she says, Hey, guys, love the show. I noticed something I wanted to hear from here and learn your views on what the difference is or offer some food for thought. Let's find out what she's talking about. Recently, with the Chapel rone story, a photographer was rude to her and she saw them later and said, you owe me an apology. That was my understanding, Dave. Your reaction, the way I understood it is that she needs to get over it and understand that's how it works to be a celebrity. Then yesterday there was a story about one of the Kelsey brothers and how someone used a gay slur about his brother and he smashed his phone. Only this time your reaction was good for him. I don't. It does seem a little bit I don't know, contradictory, and I probably was a little bit contradictory. But I think that the fact that really irked me was that he called his brother an F word, like a gay slur, and nobody says that. I mean, come on, nobody says that. And then then you have a Then it goes from your being tantalized or titillated to a celebrity to get them aggravated to get a reaction. Now it turns then it's ugly. For example, let's say Bailey's a celebrity and I'm like, Bailey, you suck. Your music sucks. You suck. To me, it's like that's rude and it does suck. But then for somebody to if I say, Bailey, your mom's a whore. Oh, now now it's personal, you know what I mean. So maybe there's a difference. But then again I probably was a little bit hypocritical. But the interesting thing is I think a lot of people agreed with me. Does that make everybody hypocritical? Because I know you guys all agree that Jason Kelcey was justified in what he did.
Speaker 2: See I also thought Chappelrone was justified.
Speaker 1: But what did she do? What did she say to your some.
Speaker 3: Like a photographer told her to like, I don't know, shut up or something, and she like yelled back at him. She's like, no, you shut up, But that was kind of it, and then she demanded an apology from this same photographer.
Speaker 4: When she saw him next, like a few weeks later, okay all, And honestly, I think she went about that part in a very respectful way, because like, yeah, there was anger in her voice, but she was like, you were really rude to me, You owe me an apology. And I feel like she could have been worse in that scenario and other people would have been and I think she just was like looking for the respects she felt like she deserved. Yeah, So I was on her side in both situations, the initial one and when she confronted them, because I don't think she like blew up at that person when she did confront them.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Did I give a pass to Jason Kelcey because of the F word, but also because he's a big six foot six dude and you don't mess with you, don't You don't poke the bear?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 1: Yeah, did I give a pass to him? Because I wouldn't go up to Jason Kelcey and be like, hey, your brother's a blah blah blah because he's six foot se I would not feel threatened by chapel Rone. So if I was a real pussy, I might say to chapel Rone whatever I wanted to knowing that she's not going.
Speaker 2: To reach out for herself.
Speaker 1: She's like five foot three.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she can't defend herself in the same way that Jason Kelsey can defend himself. But then also what I think is in a way where they can't necessarily be compared, is that like Jason Kelcey like reacted through this guy's phone and then had to apologize for it later, versus so like he had to apologize for his actions, and like, I don't think chapel Rone needed to apologize for her action at all.
Speaker 1: Okay, interesting thing, she says, I'm genuinely curious what the difference is. Honestly, for me, both of those interactions, I say good for them. I could potentially argue that Kelsey brother was worse as his was more of a physical reaction, and that I don't always agree with. As always, I appreciate you, guys. Dart lick from Sarah, Thank you Sarah.
Speaker 2: Sarah.
Speaker 1: Let's go to the next one. Yesterday on the show, we called the episode the slopshots episode, and if you missed it, you got to go back and listen to why we call it slapshots. It is false that your body can only absorb thirty grams of protein in one meal. Okay. I saw this somewhere on a graphic that said your body can absorb thirty grams. Apparently he knows. I went to school for this kind of stuff, exercise science major with a nutrition license and personal training license. The body can absorb protein well beyond thirty grams in one sitting. What actually matters is how the body utilizes it. And then also the body works on a total daily protein balance rather than a per meal limit, and the body has adaptive mechanisms such as the liver's role in amino acid processing to handle your vary. Because I think the body is an amazing thing. No matter what we throw in there, whether it's ghost Pepper's, taco bell, crunch wraps or whatever, the body will figure out a way to process it. Yeah, except glass, the body is not figured out away. I'm just seeing you guys are paying attention.
Speaker 2: I'm paying attention.
Speaker 3: But because when you guys talk about like nutrition and exercise, I kind of don't have a lot to conte.
Speaker 1: No, and I get that, And Jenny and I we laugh because you know I'll talk about macros, and you know you'll read something about get your macros in and I'm like, I don't know what a macro is, and so every four weeks Jenny explains to me again because I forget what is a macro?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean macros is just like the different things that can like make up your food and how much you should be getting of each so your proteins, your carbs, your fats, and there's more that can go into it than just that. But that's like the cliff Notes version of it.
Speaker 1: Okay, you already lost me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, I saw it in your eyes.
Speaker 1: Dave, Jenny Bailey Vant This is kind of for the regular show, but I'll read it on here. I've been listening to your show for decades and I want to show you how much you make me laugh every day. Dave, you crack me up. Jenny, You're so sweet and it really should be Jenny in the morning. Zoo Bailey, you got the best giggle and vaunt. Many ways you remind me of my son, who's one of my favorite people. I want to send a little something to you and would like to know your favorite color or color family is. Thanks for waking up with me every weekday for all the stories, laughs and positivity that is from Angel Blue. I will take blue, but we'll also read this on the regular on the regular vine.
Speaker 2: I mean I could ask Spot right now too.
Speaker 4: I'm a blue person too.
Speaker 2: Blue is my favorite too.
Speaker 4: I don't know if that matters, if it needs to be something different than I would probably say, like a pink, but I don't know if that's Bailey's color.
Speaker 3: Mine's green. Okay, I like green, and I like pink, and Vont likes purple.
Speaker 2: I just asked, so, okay.
Speaker 1: Okay, there you go. Next one. I was shocked to hear you guys talking about Peanut the squirrel. I have a friend that from overseas that lives in New Jersey who recently got a skunk, yes, a baby skunk. His name is Pickles.
Speaker 2: Oh Pickles.
Speaker 1: I've had some pictures. Yes it is de skunked, but he did tell me they can't take him on walks because the authorities will take him if they find out they rescued him. I don't have a lot of details, but I thought I would share Pickles with you. You all, how do you get a skunk deskunked without taking him to the vet, which then would have to report the skunk as a skunk.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I was thinking the same thing. I also was thinking I didn't even know d skunking was a thing. I also feel like I wouldn't trust that the skunk was fully diskunked.
Speaker 2: I don't know so many layers here.
Speaker 1: I think when I was a kid, because I don't think that there was another boy scout family that lived near me growing up, and I think they had a pet raccoon, but they also might have had a skunk. And I think that there is a way to descent a skunk, but I don't think it would be worth it. I mean, they definitely look cute, but I don't know. All right, continuing on the Minnesota goodbye, Let's see what else we got here. Okay, here we go, Dave, one egg has about six grams of protein, not twenty. I'm glad that you corrected me. I really thought that's what it was, but I have been wrong before. Not a surprise.
Speaker 3: Then imagine that one time that my mom made devil eggs and had Drake eat them. How many eggs he ate and how much protein that was? Dang eazy PC, I could have done it was you weren't here. My mom made devil decks because Drake was like, I could eat like three dozen deviled eggs, and so my mom was like, bet, I'll bring in some deviled eggs, and so she did and they were in a huge container and he was just like sitting here on the mic.
Speaker 1: Just was that me? They were so good?
Speaker 2: Yeah, not you eating It was Drakeie. Drake was eating them.
Speaker 4: God, I missed that Dan.
Speaker 2: But he only worst eater like nine, Like he barely ate any like nine to twelve.
Speaker 4: That kid talks such a big game when it came to eating stuff. He'd say that he could eat super spicy stuff and then it'd be out like probably a mild level and he'd be struggling. He got a big game when it came to food, and then we'd like test him and he'd fail.
Speaker 2: But it was great because then me and Dave got to eat the rest, so me too.
Speaker 1: I recommend the deviled eggs. Had ikes over in Minnetonka. They have devil eggs on the app menu and they're quite good.
Speaker 2: My mom's known for her double dicks.
Speaker 1: And she should be. They're quite good. Bailey, I just heard you talking about how you have a gift card to Murray's yes, want to tell me a little bit about this. You were talking about how you've never been to a nice, fancy restaurant in your life.
Speaker 3: Ever, so, like about a year ago, I think we were talking about this, probably on the Minnesota Goodbye and my mom like caught wind. And so for Christmas last year, she got me a Murray's gift card and she's like, yeah, you can take.
Speaker 2: Whoever you want.
Speaker 3: And I was like, well, bitch, I'm gonna take you, Like, why who else would I take? So of course I'm going to take my mom with the gift card that she bought us. But yeah, we're going to go at some point. I just we haven't made it happen yet.
Speaker 1: Well, listen to this email. This is really cool because you never know who's listening to the show. Bailey, I just heard you talking about how you have a gift card to Murray's. I am Mary Murray, the owner's wife. My husband is Tim Murray. Let me know when you're headed in. We will be sure you have a great, fabulous experience at your first high end restaurant like Murray's. Oh the other day, Oh, this is totally different subject. I heard you guys talking about Jenny, how you guys are huge Love is Blind fans? Yes, you know they filmed the Minneapolis last year. As we get closer, I may have a Murray story for you.
Speaker 4: I would have no doubt that they would have filmed at Murray's. Yeah, yeah, I mean they were mostly they were in Minneapolis, and so they were hitting up all the hot spots in Minneapolis.
Speaker 1: That would make Okay, that does make sense. Let me know if you're interested after the first of the year, as the Minneapolis series starts. Yes, that is from Mary Foster Murray. I'm going to forward this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Bailey, Oh, this is exciting.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's like too prong exciting, Like I'm going and Love is Blind was there?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. I wonder if they still have the gold goblets.
Speaker 1: I'm also we should read this on the show too, because it's super cool. That's kind of a neat story that I'm going to forward it to you, Jenny. So there we go, and I'm gonna say for the show. Oh cool, Okay, ready for another one. Let's see. Okay, this is from Kyle. I've been listening to your show since the Lena days. Driving to high school with my sister Dave mentioned on the Friday Minnesota Goodbye that he got a Facebook friend request from somebody named Kyle, which he promptly deleted. And I get them once in a while. I just you know, if I don't know them, I just delete them. Well, I wanted to say I am the Kyle that sent it. I saw Dave on my Facebook as a suggested friend, and I thought I'd take a shot in the dark to see if Dave would accept my friend request, even though I've only had one interaction with him in my life. I met him at Star Party a few years ago. I was there with my friend Matt Kellogg, who Dave does know, and I think got him to take a chat. Matt was in my He was like a lighting guy or sound guy for Oklahoma.
Speaker 2: Like I know who that is.
Speaker 1: He's a great kid. Yeah, my apologies, Dave. I don't want to crome across as some weird stalker. I would thought I would take a shot in the dark and trying to be Facebook friends with you, all right, Kyle, don't apologize at all, and please accept my apology and understanding for not accepting a friend request because I've got too many friends that I don't know who they are because when I first got Facebook, I accept that everybody's friend request. Ye, and now if I don't immediately recognize their name, I don't. It's kind of like having a party and people showing up that you're going, who are those people?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I feel the same way.
Speaker 3: I get so many Facebook friend requests and I never add them back if I even if, like we have forty five mutual friends, so I'm like, oh, they must be in the theater community. If I don't know who you are, I'm not going to add you back because it's I don't know. I just don't want to. Like, Facebook is like my one personal thing.
Speaker 2: It feels like like.
Speaker 3: You can follow me anywhere anywhere else, but on Facebook. Like I've got my page, follow my page, but my personal Facebook, that's where my person you.
Speaker 1: Know, the actual Bailey personal one, Yeah, totally get that. And last one from Neil. He's in Atlanta. He's a frequent supporter, staff writer. Hello, random Memory. Listen to the show this morning. You were talking about a Harry Potter experience, and Dave told Bailey that Carson had many ones because that's how it goes. It seemed like a kind of burst bubble. Today, you were talking about an ET costume and it made me think about a Universal Studios tour we went on in fourth grade. ET was huge and I was selected from the audience to recreate the scene where Elliott is riding his bike with ET and they fly. They were showing the audience how it was done green screen. They gave me a polaroid picture of it, and I felt like I won the lottery. As a parent, I realized this happens hourly, but as a kid, it's so special. Just a random memory. Love the show in the podcast. That is super cool that you got as to be the kid in the ET show. That's cool.
Speaker 2: I'm jealous.
Speaker 4: It was cool for both of you. For me, I would have been like, fuck, no pass I hate ET.
Speaker 1: Oh you don't like ET. That's why I get shared me.
Speaker 4: Heared me so much, scarred me growing up.
Speaker 1: Dart Lick Lick Dart. That is Neil in Atlanta. PS. The term Netflix good is perfect. It sums up so much of my net Flix viewing, which is like it wasn't good, but it was Netflix good. And that's it for the Minnesota Goodbye