Speaker 1: That's right, ninety seven one the Eagle. Everybody loves free cash. That's your chance to win it. This is the world famous Ben and Skin Show, and we're glad to have you on board today.
Speaker 2: So much to get into.
Speaker 1: This is gonna be a fun, fun show, and we appreciate you making us a part of your daily routine.
Speaker 2: Just now.
Speaker 1: We're in a really unique situation in that at the last minute I decided to go get coffee. Thank you, by the way, you're welcome. Guy's Coffee's delicious.
Speaker 2: Ben.
Speaker 1: At the last minute, I was like, I'm gonna go get coffee and I could since see Skin and I have known each other since nineteen eighty two, so very little had to be said. He goes, hey, can you I don't want to know, and then you just shut down, didn't I didn't want to put a lot of pressure on you. But it's like, all of these Metallica songs are seven minutes.
Speaker 2: It is wild.
Speaker 3: That's been my biggest revelation of working at The Eagle. It's just that every Metallica song is over five minutes.
Speaker 1: I had no clue they're not a singles band, and yet somehow they are. It's amazing. We would like them for donating what like five hundred million, the LA five hundred million, maybe not that much million.
Speaker 2: Hold on, I hit the breaking news I hit the breaking news center. I was trying to look it up, but I knew I wouldn't have time to get to it.
Speaker 1: Speak up, then, I need to turn you into Pinatta now because of one hundred thousand, that's.
Speaker 2: Like a five hundred people one who wants to be a millionaire.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, I think I donated five hundred thousand. I love you, Metallica. I am never on the fly on the radio. I've never had a problem with math. I never unless it involves you too.
Speaker 2: Do you remember that?
Speaker 1: All? I remember? I think about it every day.
Speaker 2: What did I say? I was like, oh my god, we just grew my one hundred thousand.
Speaker 1: Followers or maybe people. Wait, so we're going down because you just said another number? Yeah, ago, Yeah, it happens.
Speaker 2: I love it, and so I was gonna rush down there and grab a coffee.
Speaker 1: Hold on, I'm actually now disappointed that Metallic only donated five times. I feel like they've done a lot, they a lot more.
Speaker 2: They could have earned way more.
Speaker 1: I realized they're a Bay Area band, but I feel like.
Speaker 3: So the twelve California sports franchises and the.
Speaker 2: Big Yeah, I just looked at my watch, like soon is it's over. Don't worry interesting, You're doing great. They haven't held fields guitar, so it's fine. That's rue. Don't patron us her, dude, that is sexist.
Speaker 1: Hey, Katie, don't kiss up to Ben. Be nice to Christina.
Speaker 3: The twelve California sports franchises all got together, the Angels, the Lakers, the Sharks. What about the Ducks and that twelve of them? The Ducks are one of them nice And as a grand total, they all donated eight million dollars and everyone was like, hold on twelve teams and they're like, well, the WNBA team they don't.
Speaker 2: Really have as much, right, they didn't.
Speaker 3: Really, and the hockey teams aren't doing as well.
Speaker 1: And honestly, like the Lakers, that is the Bus families income. It's very weird. Usually a major sports franchise is just a piece of someone's income. Like for example, real famously, George Schen owned the New Orleans team and had to sell it during Katrina. Like he's like, I'm out man. So the Bus family They're totally depending on how the Lakers do. So you know, I get it. It's fine. I mean, it's not like these eight teams are Metallica. So I'm going to go down there and get a coffee. Now, keep in mind, I thought I was dying last week in a basketball game.
Speaker 2: Heart palpitations, too much coffee.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and hey, here was the day I was supposed to go to the doctor to get my heart checked out. We got snowed out. Oh, no appointment, yep, my heart checked out? What are you here for?
Speaker 4: Ben?
Speaker 2: My heart?
Speaker 3: Heart?
Speaker 2: My heart? Is he saying?
Speaker 3: I heart?
Speaker 2: I don't understand.
Speaker 1: He's talking about his own ticker.
Speaker 2: Saying it that way.
Speaker 1: And so I was trying to play basketball, and that day I realized I drank like twenty seven cups of coffee or whatever. So I think it was heart palpitations from that from that rather yep. So the only way I could really check this out was to play basketball again and see if I felt like I was gonna die.
Speaker 2: Yeah, science experiment and get back out there.
Speaker 1: So wait, and today as a basketball day for you, right? Yeah, the game's canceled tonight. Oh what happened? But I played on Sunday all right, and I felt fine good. I was horrible, but I didn't feel like I was gonna have a hard text. I'm like, yeah, it must have been the coffee. Yeah, if you have on Sunday, so very little. I've cut way back. In fact, I called Java John all right, Yeah, this Java John used to be a big advertiser on the station, Addison Coffee Roasters, and I got I've been hooked on Java John's coffee, Like that's all I like to drink.
Speaker 2: And my wife hates it because she has to grind up the beans.
Speaker 1: What do you mean she has to I just realized it.
Speaker 2: When I said it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just so natural for you to say it that you didn't even realize what you were saying.
Speaker 2: It was like an interception the ball.
Speaker 1: I had released the ball, but the defensive player hadn't caught it yet. And I was like, oh no, I like, when you wake up, can't get out of bed and grind my coffee?
Speaker 3: I know you're also you know you can order it already ground like you don't have, it's not as good and that's less work for cat.
Speaker 1: So at one point, at one point along the way, the guys that as some coffee roasters accidentally set us beans and they weren't ground down, and so I went to them. I was like, hey, my my wife said, you guys accidentally sense the beans. They're like, oh, it's so much fresher that way. It's true. And I was like really and there all right, and they were, in fact, since you're endorsing us, here's a free high end coffee grinder. Nice.
Speaker 2: They just gave me one. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I took that taste the difference, could you. So I took it home and I could taste the difference. Yeah. And so every once in a while, my wife goes, do you still endorse Java John's like why, she was, God, because I'm in.
Speaker 2: There grinding beans like it takes so long Jesus, grinding and grinding and grinding and grinding. So I called, uh. I did call Java John this week and I was like.
Speaker 1: Hey, man, I oh. I had a friend that I played basketball with. He goes, man, the same thing used to have to me. I guess you get heart palpitation when I played. And I used to drink coffee all the time because I drink pots of coffee and I go I carry around a pot of coffee, and.
Speaker 2: He goes, I switched to decaf.
Speaker 1: Okay, and no, brother, no problems, all right, So he switched to decaf. So I called Java John. I was like, hey, man, if I switched to decaf, is that like cool?
Speaker 2: Is that? Well? I notice the difference?
Speaker 1: He goes, No, you, he goes, In fact, there's this office that I work at and sometimes we just switch it to decaf.
Speaker 2: No one ever knows. They don't even say anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so just uh so, anyways, I'm gonna switch to decaf, right, okay, So I say of that to say, I get a little like this is the first late coffee I've had in a while, okay, since I almost died. And so I was going down there to get it, and I really thought I was going to die in that game, Like I thought I was gonna faint, like a couple of times. I almost fainted, like literally a dizzy, staggering around and kept playing like an idiot. No, it's good. So the Sunday I played and no problem, I didn't. I was like, hey, I'm not about to die, and so I'm like, okay, I must be fine. So today, back to a mid day coffee, I don't have my decaf up here yet, so I don't really have a plan for that. When is cat going to grind the beans and get it up here to the office. So when I went down there, So when I went down there to go get a coffee, Skin was like, hey, can I don't.
Speaker 2: And so I was like, all right, he's asking for a coffee.
Speaker 1: But I didn't really have a lot of time because when I left this studio, done in there and get coffee, I had about four minutes, right, and it takes a minute to walk down there. Yeah, you were halfway through a Metallica song. And so I got in there and one of our sales guys was in there, and I didn't want to be rude, but I was like, he had a boot on, like he had hurt his foot. So I had to ask about that. Now you didn't, but I had two coffees. I had two coffees to make. He doesn't understand the rules of life. You do not have to know that guy. He works in radio and understands that you're about to be on the air, and so he ended up. I'm holding two coffees. I have about thirty seconds to get down the hallway. And get on the radio and do this important broadcasting. And he was still talking, so I didn't know. I didn't want to just walk off because I thought that would.
Speaker 2: Have been rude. Yeah, tell him to walk with you. Yeah, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: That she's it's funny. Good. He's got a boot. But there's been many times where I've been in the kitchen and there's a salesperson. I go, I'm on the air, walk with me. Okay, nice, but he was understand the business, but he could barely walk. See you later.
Speaker 2: But he was telling me the story of how it happened.
Speaker 1: Just say, hey, man, I'll get part two of that story and some of the other breaks coming up, or you know, send a long email to his credit. This is where I'll give him credit. He had a story and I was like, he goes, but I caught it? What but I caught it? And I said, what, I caught the ball? And I guess I had missed that story. He told you the whole roa guess. Oh, okay, so there was a sports so you ignored the first half of the story.
Speaker 2: But listen to how bad this is. Huh. He is running in a field and playing football and he's fifty something years old. What does he do?
Speaker 1: And he there was a giant power outlet, it's outdoor power outlet, just in the grass and he hit it so hard on his foot that he broke his foot while playing. But to that man's credit, he caught that ball, I mean in a field. And then he goes, uh, hey, you guys are doing Dave and Busters on Monday. I go, actually, we're off for MLK Day. Wait, but we're doing it, right, But we're doing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, he's going to cancel the promoter. No, no, we're good. Okay, we're super happy. So everything's great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, come see us on Martin Luther King Junior Day. We're gonna be at the Dave and Busters doing the show. God Monday, dude, we need to have a free throw shooting contest. I'm in.
Speaker 2: Are you in?
Speaker 1: I'm in? That's great, man, I'm absolutely you'd have played basketball. When'd you last play basketball?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's it's only been a few years, right, a few years.
Speaker 1: But you were like middle school or high school, high school and you were a point guard, right yeah, yeah, that was a few years ago.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I was being sarcastic.
Speaker 1: If our listeners, don't work that day, come challenges.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's do work. Let's let's do that. But it also reminds me of the intro start time boys. Right now, are you ready, ready, ready, ready ready?
Speaker 4: One time when Evan win, I'll show you going ruin dead, except you a similar sweet pursuing in donold out shaw shank through the sewer.
Speaker 3: Kid.
Speaker 4: Now we're chilling that day, Eagle, Yeah, we're doing it. Three clock on the Dot. Got a habit for my house, a GOP status. Howard's starting to get Crattit shows that up multiply like a rabbit tune in zn't out break it up beat the habit.
Speaker 1: I'm on hang out with my friend rocketing on the radio, my home boys talking on the radio. It's time to to this fal.
Speaker 2: All baby baby, Kati Ristine up all up on the radio. So I love David Busters. Have always been a big David Busters guy.
Speaker 1: But when I went there for the first time and saw I guess the first time I went there and saw that they have an actual basketball goal set up, I fell in love. Yeah, it's it's cool. David Busters is great. Yeah, it's kind of like, uh, you know, adult restaurant theme park fun. Right, it's badass. I love Dave and Busts right, and we're gonna be there Monday. We're gonna be their Monday doing our show.
Speaker 4: My day.
Speaker 1: Christina had played basketball. We all have dabbled in basketball over the years. This would be interesting. How many free throws do you think we can make? Each of us can make out of ten attempts? Out of ten? Can we do? Can we do it this way? This is Jerry Wade staple. This is my when me and my dad would do shooting contest, all of his shooting contests. We're shoot to you make shoot to you miss?
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay.
Speaker 1: So it's like if it takes you five to make one, you're still shooting. In the second you make it, that's your streak. So if we did shoot team, make shoot team miss a streak. You gotta have a streak.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I mean we can do shoot ten free throws too, but she so six in a row after you make miss? No, no, the streak, I'll make two or three? Oh man, aim higher, buddy, I don't play basketball anymore like all of oh Ben does. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'm not that good of a free throw shooter. Yeah, and we don't go to the free throw line during our pickup game.
Speaker 1: All right, and one do we actually do you really because you shoot free throws to see if you can play in the next game. Oh yeah, okay, to get in a game. Yeah, I think regardless of how we like, if we do ten free throws, I'll make ten. If we do shooteam, if we do shoot team, make shoot team miss, I'll close the place down. I wonder if I wonder if we could do figure out some way to do something for charity, pac man. I'm zero interesting helping anybody out. Let's figure out if we can do that. Maybe see if a listener can beat us. It feels like a lot to string together in six days. How about the well, let's get Billy on that. He's doing nothing but ten care of his foot. How about the charity of man. I would love to be able to put more money involved in prize picks. Yeah right, that's my charity. All right, we'll think about that. But Monday, we are going to be at David Busters. It's gonna be awesome. All right, it is a Tuesday. We were rocking here on the bin and Skin Show. We'll get into the Mike McCarthy stuff coming up around four to ten, we got a week day update, all the latest and news you need to know. Cussing in the workplace that today game all come in your way. But coming up next, Kevin, where are you going to take us in the Hollywood shuffle? Well, I found the one silver lining of the California wildfires.
Speaker 2: Next