Speaker 1: By BO five. I think if I have k r C the talk stations something a vacation snow, I gotta get the runout.
Speaker 2: Like that.
Speaker 1: And if I gave a moment of thought to whatever sound by Joe's going to play this morning, that would be the first one to come to mind. So wonderful start of the morning, Joe Strecker. It's cold out there, and you, I guess we've got some inclement weather coming our way. It's a really windy out. My car is getting blown all over the road coming down the expressway this morning, which was kind of strange, but so I guess ultimately, be careful and don't bother going to school today since they public schools closed due to the cold weather. We find that like are we whimps now? I mean, it just merely cold weather now, and it results in the schools being shot down. Imagine our world when we have to rely on solar power and wind, although I guess the windmills would work really well this morning. We have climate change. Climate change is going on right now. You have nothing to do with it. Winter showed up and it got really cold out and didn't we anticipate that happening? But are are the kids just going to stay at home for the entire winter? Now, I don't get it, really don't get it was such a rare occasion. Maybe I'm just waxing poetic about my childhood. We'd all look really forward to the day when they would shut down to the school because you know, there was like eight inches of snow out there innow applause couldn't deal with it. And don't ever recall the schools being shut down because of cold. And I lived through the seventies in the oil embargo when everything was really expensive, and a really good friend of mine went over his house and his family was on a budget. You know, I understand that you could see your breath inside his house, and that's because they kept the thermostat down really really low, because well, the price of energy had gone through the roof. Welcome to your future, brought to you not by the laws of supply and demand, but by the laws of well climate change, which are literally dominating every aspect of our lives these days. Don't allow that to happen. Reject the religion. Be like me anyway. Brian Thomas, right here, glad to be right here, had a wonderful time yesterday a listener lunch. What a great listener lunch. Not that they're all not great, I love every one of them, but everyone was interfestive in celebratory mood yesterday, which is all I was looking for. And then that parlayed over of segued over into the iHeartMedia Christmas Party. We had a really wonderful time yere celebrating while the holidays generally speaking, so I can say that I had a really nice day yesterday. Anyhow, God bless the folks of Price Heal Chili. The service, the food was great, and of course the fellowship. Just a wonderful, wonderful day. Photographs, Thank you, Rebecca PROMGRAPPI Rebecca used to take photographs at every listener to lunch, and then her life sort of changed, went to a different direction. She wasn't able to make it anymore. So we haven't had really good photographs from a listener to lunch. No offense west side, Jim Keefer, You've done a wonderful job filling in the blanks over the years, but let's face it, your cell phone has no substitute for Rebecca's keen eye and wonderful camera that she's got. So if you are friends with me on Facebook, or friends with Rebecca Grappy on Facebook, or friends with west Side Jim Kiefer on Facebook. Lots of folks have you know, reposted the photographs and you can get a real big eye full of all the different food that people late over there. She loves taking pictures the plates of food before people dive into him. So God bless you, Rebecca. You know I love you to death. Coming up in the fifty five Jarsey Morning Show, I love Joe Strecker in you know, a non gay way. Joe, love you man, You're my brother, and thank you for winding up Lieutenant Governor John Houston. He'll be on the program coming up at seven o five talking about the Ohio bathroom bill, somewhat controversial, at least among some circles. Listen, I'm a firm believer that, you know, if you're a guy, you should well be using the men's bathroom. If you're a woman, you should be using the women's bathroom. I have a daughter, and I don't worry so much about my son. If my son's in in the men's bathroom and a woman comes in and goes, that's for whatever reason that doesn't strike me as scary in the same way that a young girl in a girl's bathroom having some forty five year old man who claims he's a girl walk in there. That really is creepy on a whole next level, and you can feel differently about that. That's what opinions are all like, like sphincters, we've all got one, but that's you know that it's it could be very dangerous. I suppose it could be dangerous. I don't know why. I always project. I suppose there our instances with women could take sexual advantage of men. It typically happens these days with school teachers who think it's appropriate on some level to have sex with I don't know, young boys. I think it's a much rarer occasion. The whole concept of you know, violence, rate that kind of thing. It usually, in my mind, it's a guy attacking a woman, and I think that's what is behind all of these bathroom bills. It's like, don't create a situation where an eight year old girl can get molested by somebody merely because that guy claims to be a woman. I think it represents a much higher level of concern than again, the controverse or the flip side of it, but regardless, Lieutenant Governor John Houston is going to join the program talk about the bathroom bill, also ohioa dip and pregnancy programs two topics with the Lieutenant Governor at seven o five, follow by Donovan and Neil. Americans for Prosperity on school choice expansion Yay for school Choice at eight o five. Big show lined up today William hazel Grove with the book Dead Air The Night orson wells Terrified America. I'm looking forward to that, moving away from politics and talking about one of the most interesting media phenomena to ever happen, when people actually thought that we were being invaded by Martian aliens. So a good show. Fifty five Casey dot com for the podcast when you can't listen to live Judgement of Polatana. We went to law school yesterday. That was funking. Looking at the Hunter Biden pardon from a core constitutional perspective, stepping away from how he was treated differently, how the slow walk the investigation to more fundamental constitutional based discussion. For example, why do you have to fill out an FFL form when you buy a firearm? Is there is that constitutional even in itself when we've got, of of course, the more modern Supreme Court decisions like the Bruin. You know, if that if the if the prohibition didn't exist at the time the Second Amendment was ratified. In other words, what was the perspective of the Founding father's relative of firearms? You know, what could you have, what could you use? And what I mean he pointed to He loved that. He pointed out that Thomas Jefferson and George Washington both grew weed on their farms and also were firearms unders So it kind of suggested that maybe those guys were walking around Stone that was okay back then. You didn't have to fill out a federal firearms for him back then. So you can forgive Hunter Biden on some level for lying only because the predicate the FFL form itself under Judge and Palalaton's argument, and I would say, I share it is unconstitutional because that kind of prohibition, that limitation that you can't buy something until you fill out a federal form was not in any way, shape or form in existence at the time. The Founding Fathers told you that you absolutely have a god given right to protect yourself defend yourself. The Second Amendment right to keep in bare arms shall not be in fringe, and that's an infringement. So I thought, why not, you know, wouldn't that be a welcome opportunity since unter Biden was facing those charges. It was so I'm guilty to defend yourself based on the Brewing decision. And maybe they raised that argument at court. I don't know, but you know, you can appeal a conviction and go up to the Supreme Court. Maybe the Supreme Court that in front of them, they might have declared, no, you know what, He's right, you don't need to fill out one of these forms in order to purchase a firearm. So anyway, we talked about that, and I thought it was a rather interesting legal discussion because, you know, at the outset, I was a little concerned, if you like, wait a second, you know, Neapolitana thinks it's okay that Hunter Biden got pardoned by his old man. Well, on a constitutional level, the answer yes, but you can't look at it from the base of the facts on Hunter Biden specifically, you have to back up and look at the core fundamental limitation document that is the Constitution. There are specific limitations of the federal government. They only have the right under the Constitution to involve themselves in very specific matters too specifically, and there are five thousand, almost five two hundred now federal laws on the books criminal that exceed the scope of the authority the federal government has under the Constitution. So I loved that whole. Like I said, we all went to law school yesterday. So if you get a chance to listen to the judge, check that one out. I think it's well worth it. Alex Chrantefiela was on the program yesterday the podcast at five Caressey dot Com. Talked of the state of politics here and also always wonderful commentary by Jack add and tying in biblical concepts to Donald Trump's cabinet. I didn't know how that was going to go direction wise, and it was. It was pretty cool. I suppose everybody knows at this point about that shooting in New York yesterday. Briefly, the CEO United Health fatally shot. It was a it was a targeted attack. It seems premeditated. No one seems to be making any argument to the contrary. Someone mentioned this when I walked into the Christmas party. Yesterday. I read the news and it said Brian Thoms. Someone is like Brian Thomas. I thought was Brian Thomas god shot? No, Brian Thompson getting ready to speak of the United Health Group investor conference. He was the CEO now deceased. So no, it wasn't me Thomas. My name Thompson his name. He was only fifty years old. Weird set of circumstances. The guy and we were talking yesterday and joking around about the red Bikes program in Cincinnati, kind of on a thin ice because it doesn't have the money to operate. This guy escaped on one of those type of bikes and he is at large still. They said he appeared to be an experienced firearm user using a firearm equipped with a suppressor. It's a suppressor, not a silencer. Okay, it's like it's a magazine, not a club. Anyway, nine millimeter handgun with a suppressor. Calmly Cooley shot the guy in the back. The gun jam. He was able to get the jam fixed, which is one of the things they say points that he was an experienced shooter. I'll let you draw your own conclusions on that. My fellow firearms owners hey, walk down the Queen Rose Street quietly escape down an alleyway on one of those rented bikes. I thought the weird thing beyond the person who thought for a moment that it was me Brian Thomas as opposed to Brian Thompson. The guy is married to a woman named Paulette. Brian Thompson and Paulette Thompson. So creepy, creepy thing there, since, of course, my wife's name is Paullette, not exactly a common name. Anyhow, you got a comment, love to hear from you, Steve. I see her on the phone. I'll be happy to talk to you. It's already five seventeen, though, I gotta take a quick break. I'll be right back after these brief words.
Speaker 3: They don't just want to control our healthcare live dot, control our children's minds.
Speaker 2: Through their education loud.
Speaker 3: We have to fight to take America back and logo.
Speaker 4: You have the luxury of giving your opinion.
Speaker 1: It's just neighbors being neighbor lads.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'll agree with the whole heart late, of course, most of the time.
Speaker 3: Bring it back to what the founding of fault is believed in that individual would be and the individual responsibility to goes.
Speaker 6: With US fifty five PRC, the talk stations, why Pea more for Prescription.
Speaker 1: Five twenty one and a Happy Friday, E too you looking forward to iHeart Me The aviation expert Jay Ratt Love Love talking to Jay on a Thursday eight thirty close the show out. We got a whole bunch of topics with him. I mentioned William hazel grow is going to be on with his book Dad, Air of the Night, orson Wells, Terrified America, Donovan and Neil plus Lieutenant Comnor John Hough said on a whole variety of topics. Let's go to the phone, Steve, thanks for holding over the brake, Welcome to the program.
Speaker 2: Good morning, How you doing.
Speaker 1: I'm doing to here?
Speaker 2: You got to hear you worn't involved in that.
Speaker 7: My question is, is I just there's a younger guy at work and just time out.
Speaker 2: He's been there two years.
Speaker 7: And he's not eligible for a four to one K and the money that is put in by the company because I until he turns twenty one.
Speaker 2: That doesn't seem seems like some kind of a age discrimination thing.
Speaker 1: I've never heard that rule. Is that you caught me off guard on that one. I know there are weird rules about four to one k's. I know, I had to be employed when I first started my four to one K at my first you know, full time real job, and I was practice of laun Chicago. I had to wait a full year before I became eligible to contribute to it and to get the match. But I've never heard of an age restriction on it. So that's that's new on me. I have, Steve, honestly don't have any idea why that would apply, especially with more and more young people foregoing the stupidity of a four year college degree, which is going to give them literally nothing for a variety of topics. Why wouldn't you be able to start, you know, ful fill the minimum requirement of time spent at work one year, whatever it happens to be in our company policy, and start participating plan ahead for your future. So all right, I.
Speaker 7: Just just it didn't seem the corporate I mean, it kind of seems like a loophole.
Speaker 2: For the corporations. Yeah, but it's I.
Speaker 7: Mean, they're basically being told. I mean I was told when I was younger, I wasn't allowed to get a raise that I deserved because I was unmarried and young.
Speaker 1: What and yeah, well maybe the laws changed a little bit. S If I was an employer, I wouldn't say something like that out loud.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It's like, well, honey, it worked out for me. Good, oh god, I'm over the long haul. Goods do you? You didn't land it a bad spot. But that's like to me, that's like saying, honey, we would love to promote you to the vice presidents, but we're worried you might get pregnant or something. You know, I mean, just that stuff is not right. It's I mean, unethicable, immoral and also perhaps illegal. But in as far as the contribution thing, if there's a listener out there that knows four one K law and knows that that there's a limitation on when you can start, I listen fifty nine years old, and I have never heard that before. Brother, So that's that's strange. And you know what, you know, what's really cool about that, though, aside from the fact that that the eighteen year was deprived of the opportunity to prepare for his or her future, that there was someone out there at the age of eighteen who wanted to put away something for their future. That person, whoever that person is, Steve, if it was you, You're you're setting yourself up for a lifetime of success. You're thinking forward. You are putting money in something that is going to earn money. You know, it always earns money over time because you get the benefit of that compounding interest in markets that you know, over history have proven themselves to always go up inspite of some setbacks. But whoever raised that eighteen year old, he did a good job. And whoever that person is wonderful. Give You're gonna do well in life, at least from my from my conservative West Side perspective, at least conservative from a financial perspective. Anyway, stick around. Got more callers coming in Eric's online calling in right now. We'll take that call. Your calls are welcome five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eight two three talk pound five fifty on AT and T phones. I also have local stories to talk about. And we can still make fun of this insay public schools for closing, because gee, it's twenty four degrees out today, five twenty five right now, hang on, I'll be right back. Fifty five KRC fIF KRCD talk station any very happy Friday Eve to you. He's having an interesting work related conversation with executive producers Joe Strecker, which makes me want to thank him even more for the wonderful work that he does to make this morning show come off usually without a hitch. If there's hitches, it's mostly meat, but a valuable employee. Joe Strecker is and man with the most experienced in the entire building at what he does. Without Joe, the show don't go. So, you know, I just want to thank Joe Strecker from the bottom of my heart for the hard work that he puts in and tireless efforts behind the scenes. Man has crazy, strange hours and I know it's impacted his life, but he's got a wonderful career here and he is truly appreciated. And I will put a free plug in for him, not against FCC rules, to remind the world that Joe Strecker earns a little additional income on the side by producing podcasts. So if you're inclined, you think you want to do a podcast and you need someone to do the editing and recording and all that, get in touch with Joe Strecker. He is the man in the podcast business to help you out. He's got a whole lot of podcasts he's producing, does a wonderful job, so consistent work for you. Independent of his consistently excellent work here on the fifty five care Scene Morning show. I love you Joe Streckeran, and thank you very much for being here every morning. Eric, Thank you for indulging me while I gave praise to Joe Streckeran for calling in this morning. Happy Friday Eve.
Speaker 8: To you, Happy Friday Eve, Brian.
Speaker 1: Joe has well worked. Any praise everyone gives him.
Speaker 8: He is an exceptional man.
Speaker 1: Yes he is.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 9: Also, he keeps my favorite morning show on Man's appreciate that.
Speaker 8: I gotta tell you.
Speaker 9: You talk about four one k's and retirement plans. We recently went through this. The company I worked for was bought out back in March, and we had a four one plan K and you know, we had a four one k planet in place. And what they did was they had a big meeting with us and explained to us that four.
Speaker 1: One k's IRA's are all offered from.
Speaker 3: The corporation or company.
Speaker 9: The only thing that the companies required to do is have a have as system to pay into such security has been the accepted system.
Speaker 10: What they've done in our company now is say minimum it's a minimum of twenty four months and then the age of twenty one to contribute to a four to one K. Otherwise you can contribute to social security. Okay, if a lot of people.
Speaker 9: Got upset and the contact the high Labor Cabinet and like Labor cabin said, it's perfectly legal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, and on the break. And I always give Joe for being, you know, internet research guru because he'll look up stuff on the fly because I can't do multitask that much. So he looked it up and that's exactly what he found. It depends on the employer plan. You can offer an eighteen year old a opportunity to participate in four to one K. You also can require that being minimum of twenty one years old. It just depends on what the employer chooses to select. I guess it's like some employers author wraw for a one K, some offer just plain old four to one case. So the options are out there, and I'm happy that employers have the flexibility. This is one of the ways they compete in the marketplace for valuable talent. So the better your your retirement plan options probably the more likely it is you're going to get a good, good talent. It's like having great medical insurance. So yeah, Eric, thank you very much, not for the kind words about the show, but also supporting my support for Joe Streckers. So consistent information not just from Eric's real world experience, but from Joe Streckers on the fly internet research two to three talk interesting headline how did two Ohio at jail inmates die in a week? Camera Knight, since I inquire, thank you for the reporting. Camera and two inmates have died in custody at the Hamilton County Sheriff's Office in the past week. Matthew Dennier, fifty four, died and the Justice Center new Thursday, November twenty eighth, According to the department spokesperson Kyla Woods will be the Emont County Sheriff's Department. Denler admitted to the jail Tuesday, November twenty six would Say having been arrested on open warrants. Court documents related to the specific charges not immediately available. Woulds said he was found unresponsive in his cell Thursday officers of medical staff attempted life saving measures, obviously unsuccessful given the headline. Jacob Grayson, twenty five, collapsed Wednesday, November twenty seventh in the common area of a pod. According to Woods, officers and medical staff responded and he was taken to UC Medical Center, where he later died. He Corner's office at least not reported the date of his death as the time of the reporting, but court documents state Grayson was arrested on November twenty fifth on a probation violation. Pleaded no contest to possessing a fentanyl related compound back in February. Documents related to the prole violations said Grayson had a positive drug test for fentanyl and failed to report to the probation department. According to Enquire's research, fourteen people died at the Hamilt County Justice Center between August twenty twenty and September twenty twenty three. Coroner's office working to determine the cause of death for both in main Sheriff's office also investigating both as. Wood said no foul play is suspected in either case, and she also confirmed that no force was used against either inmate, probably because there's not sufficient sheriff's deputies in the jail to even be around the use force. Allow me the occasional political barb couple the five thirty five efty five kars to detalk station. Feel free to call, got some time, but going to dive into the stack is stupid as well. Prefer talking to you though. If you got a topic you want to talk about, feel free five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty five, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk be right back. After these brief words, the talkings were hung by the chimney with.
Speaker 3: Care thanks for taking my college, taking my call.
Speaker 1: And hopes they'd soon hear you're on the air.
Speaker 11: Happy holidays, Merry Christmas you and your family.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC the talk station. What's up, y'all? Just to clarify, since Heather eight from around here, much like Chuck Ingram, who is off today, he sits in one of the studios here at the iHeartMedia cluster. He is at least familiar with local roads and traffic, and he does know that not all public schools are closed today. That will be the Cincinnati public schools closed today. Okay, just make sure that you know that I'm sure you would have gotten a text if your school district was closed. But my children went to public schools. But I didn't see any reporting this morning that the Loveland Public schools will be closed. So just remember Cincinnati public schools closed because of cold weather. What a perfect opportunity and segue to the stack of stupid. But before I get to that, let's get Larry. Larry, welcome to the program. Happy Friday Eve to you.
Speaker 5: Happy Friday evening to you, Friday Eve to you, the wrong thanks brother.
Speaker 3: First off, I want.
Speaker 5: To first off, all, let's say I pray for you, because I know you're putting cant.
Speaker 3: There, so I'm praying for you.
Speaker 1: Appreciate it, and the same.
Speaker 5: On what's you know how much I do appreciate your show and listening to you for about.
Speaker 3: At least two years, I know, maybe three first.
Speaker 5: Time CAULI though, sir, I'm not sure why, but the pound five fifty does not work on my AT and T phone. Really maybe that's something, Yeah, on mind, it doesn't.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure why. Yeah, Joe Strucker's throwing his hands up and he doesn't know. I don't know either, and I listen. I just I just get the message. You know, hey, here the phone numbers announce them. I understanding at some point they entered into a relationship with AT and T where you got pound five fifty. I don't know. So there's somebody out there out there that that that does work and knows that pound five fifty works. We could at least address Larry's personal phone concerns, and I wouldn't mind solving that problem or having it confirmed that no, pound five fifty doesn't work anymore. And I'll have to talk to my superiors about that if I could ever find out who they are.
Speaker 5: Okay, Lansley's clarification thing, maybe I missunder So I thought I heard you make a comment about wasting your time not getting a college education.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah. My whole tune on college has kind of changed over the years. And I see so many children, you know, and we talk about student debt, student loans, all that kind of thing. What are you getting by way of degree? Now? I would argue all day long, absolutely, get a college education if it's in a degree where there's an actual employment opportunity out there in the world. An engineering degree, a chemistry degree, a business degree, something concrete, something usable, something that maybe you know, crosses multiple different professions, which allows you flexibility. In my case, I got a political science degree. Now what would I have done with that, Larry, had I not gone on to law school. I have no idea. The only reason I've removed my major over to political science at the time is because I had every intention of going to law Schoolical science was one of those degrees that a lot of people you know, parlayed into getting into law school. The only reason. So that's why I joke about it's like getting a degree in art. I like art. It's a hobby. Though you can learn about art and focus on some particular genre or era and learn everything there is to know about it on your own. But having a degree in art, what are you going to use it for? How many how many opportunities for employment are there at Southeby's for example, probably none? And how many docents get paid? Docents are usually like a volunteer job at an art museum. So you know, you want to exit after four years with a degree in art, after spending one hundred thousand maybe dollars or more and paying interest on that over twenty plus years. No, I think that's a poor choice. So the value of the degree should be the deciding factor on whether you actually pursue that four year commitment. That's all I really meant. I know I was probably way too short handed with the way I commented on that, but you know, I've made these kind of comments a lot of times over the years, so I just kind of maybe wrongfully assumed that there was some context out in the general listening audience for where I was going. God bless you, man, and thank you so much for the kind words and for tuning into the fifty five casing Morning Show means the world to me. We've got another Is that another Larry Joe? Larry, welcome to the program in a very happy Friday eve to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good morning.
Speaker 8: Hey.
Speaker 3: I heard on the World News this morning about a Chinese telecommunications hat.
Speaker 12: Yep it was, and you'd have the same thing about it, mooring you to get found on that salt.
Speaker 1: It's called salt Typhoon. I have the article in front of me. Scared the living hell out of me, Larry, And yes, I was going to bring that up probably in the six o'clock hour. So if I get a couple stack of stupid stories in before the top of the hour. You will absolutely hear me bring this up because this is this is the stuff of nightmares. My friend Chinese Communist Party busy at work engaging right now in real what we call modern warfare. It's scary, it really is. Five point forty five fifty five KR City talk Station. Feel free to call, or I will do a couple stack of stupid stories. It is the five o'clock hour. I'm still enjoying my wake up coffee, but I always enjoy hearing from you, So we could talk if you If you prefer that, feel free to do so. Five forty five right now for you do five KR City talk Station.
Speaker 13: The day's news, the CEO of United Healthcare was shot at targeted attack.
Speaker 5: Pardon up, Hunter and Biden.
Speaker 1: This pardon is a perversion of justice. Your day's news Hexseth's on FBI investigation fifty five kres the talk station. In today's Marketers Report nine first forecast, we have a mostly sunny day to day twenty five degrees for the high its gonna be a feeling a little coldlih because of the wind. Fifteen It's enough to call off school for the same public schools Claiest guys overnight a dramming to seventeen mostly sunny day tomorrow with the high on thirty two overnight low of twenty two with clear skies Saturday. I have forty two with sunny skies twenty two right now with about ker City Talk station in time for well maybe traffic.
Speaker 14: From the UC Health Traffic Center.
Speaker 6: U SEE Health's the Weight Loss Center offers comprehensive obesity care in advanced surgical expertise called five one three nine three nine two two sixty three. That's nine three nine two two six three.
Speaker 14: We can't relapse.
Speaker 6: Scattered slipper response for the most part of the main roads and freeways, though, are in pretty good shape. Watch for the bridge repair closing four seventy one southbound seventy one develop us work continues at the Big Back Bridge traveling four seventy one northbound two seventy five to downtown. That's just four minutes. I'm Heather Pasco on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Five forty nine. If about kercit talk station Friday e oh. By the way back to the Larry's call earlier, Pound five fifty does work and thanks to the folks if you use that to call in to confirm it works. So sorry, pal, it's your phone. Let you get to the bottom of that one five three seven hundred two three fock and I can confidently say pound five fifty on your AT and T phone. And again, listener lunch yesterday was awesome. I did not mention, and I should have. I lost to Cribbage Mike. We were neck and neck and neck O just passed the skunk line, which I did pass, and then he got like two hands in a row that netted him thirty points and he crossed the finish line. So congratulations Cribbage Mike on another well deserved victory. Live to fight another day. I will. And speaking of that other day, we're going to try to hit some micro breweries next year. And so the next listener lunch you want to put it down to counter, it's the eighth. We're not going to do it on the first, that being the well holiday, So eighth of January we're going to be at High Green Brewery. High Green Brewery which is on Winton Road. They had pretty nice menu. We checked it out out, and then we're going to have We're going to be back at Little Miami Brewery in Milford in February. So we may make it a year of microbreweries, at least ones that have really good food menus and who are also willing to take on the listener lunch crowd. So let us see here over to the stack is stupid, Well, this is strange. Got a Central California teacher died last month after being bitten by a bat. They say presumably had rabies, and it happened inside the classroomchrys will no wait a second, marking the third such fatality in North America in recent weeks. Lay Seang inn awake of her death November twenty second, public officials warning public with the dangers of bats, the most common source of human rabies in the United States. Fun fact I did not know. Even though fewer than ten people in the country die from rabies every year, it's almost all fatal if not treated quickly. This sixty year old Senang found a bat in her classroom. According to her friend, she tried to scoop it up and take it outside, but it bit her, which wild animals tend to do. She didnt immediately have symptoms of rabies, but fell ill weeks later. Taken to the hospital where she was put into heavily and a medically induced coma and died days later. She was a teacher at Bryant Middle School in Dos Pados, California, referred in the school district referred to as a dedicated and compassionate educator, which I would expect. Watch out for bats, but don't kill them. Bats are awesome and very important to the ecosystem. Oh wow, big news for folks following the Vatican and the various Pulpe mobiles that have been used over the years. The Vatican announced yesterday and unveiled the new open top Pulpe mobile and of course all electric Mercedes Benz that he will use when he greets pilgrims at Saint Peter's Square. Vehicle, described as a modified version of Germany's Companies, a G class mid sized luxury suv, has an elevated seat so the Pope can well get a better view of the crowds and the crowds and get a better view of the Pope. Joe Gee, why was that in the stack of stupid? Sorry? Movie actress met an untimely end after consuming a potion containing a poisoned frog called Cambo idiots doing idiot things because they're idiots. Never heard of this person who's referred to a movie star. Marcella Alcazar Rodriguez was that a spiritual retreat in Mexico took part in what they called a cleansing ritual, which used a substance made from the giant monkey frog, whichparently secrets a hallucinogenic substance potion itself. They say it causes vomiting and uncontrollable diarrhea. It's thought to clear out the system for the retreat visitors. So you walk into this open eyed. By the way, here you go have this, you will start having uncontrolled vomiting and diarrhea. Go ahead, drink up. Potion said to be forty times stronger than morphine. Idiots doing idiot things because they're idiots. However, when she consumed it, apparently her whole body cause was started to spasm and when it edited her system. Local reports there said she died hours later at the Red Cross Hospital. Not yet confirm whether the poison caused her death. I'm going to go with yes. Durango State Attorney General's office said they're investigating her death and looking for the leader of this spiritual retreat, who happened to have fled the scene after she died. Autopsy is currently being investigated, and it's thought to have a clearer idea of the car death once it comes back. Says she had a vast movie career, mainly worked in the United States, but also took jobs in Mexico, co starring in the indie rom com New Low.
Speaker 14: Nobody Cares, Thank.
Speaker 1: You, Joe. Variety dubbed it a cult hit. Joe, you still got your hard copy of Variety showing up at your home every day or every week or whatever often it comes. No thanks Dad, anyway. Don't drink giant monkey frog poisoning or or or don't engage in a closing ritual in Mexico. I think, generally speaking, that's probably sound advice we've learned over the years of the Stack. Argue with that the Stack is stupid. That if your quote unquote doctor H schedules your butt enhancement surgery at a Motel six, you might not want to do that either. Fivefty five ifty five cares to detalk station. Feel free to call love to hear from You got plenty to talk about, including what the caller mentioned This Chinese hack latest in a long campaign by the Chinese Communist Party to gather information, made even worse by an article I found from the Rutherford Institute headline, you better watch out. The surveillance State is making a list and you're on it. Wow. Mind blowing. It's like a boiled down version of literally everything Dave Hatter has been talking about in the Morning Show over the last ten years. And it's scary. Don't go away right back after the news ever changing world. There's one constant you can depend on. Fifty five krc D talk station at the top end, bottom of the.
Speaker 5: Hour when it comes to.
Speaker 1: Six or six FI fifty five r se DE talks day h Briyantom Soush and everybody Very Happy Friday. And still mocking the Cincinnti public schools for closing because of cold weather. I'm just reeling over that teachers have to show up. If teachers can make it in, why can't the kids make it in anyhow? It's just frustrating me this morning, among other things. Before I get to the story that the Restless or the Caller mentioned earlier in the program, At these Chinese Communist Party hacks, a couple of things real quick here. I probably assume that you've heard by now that the United Healthcare CEO got assassinated yesterday in New York City, was getting ready to go to the United health Group investor conference. His name Brian Thompson, no relation. Clearly thought it was really wild that he's married to a woman named paul Ette or the late Brian Thompson was married to paul Ette, since that's my name, so we've got a close name connection. But here's for my conspiracy theorist friends out there, let's start one. No idea why it was targeted for assassination. Clearly everyone has concluded he was targeted the assailor or the assassin was waiting for him, apologize. Evan Proms this morning waited for him. Obviously wanted that specific guy, since he was hanging around for a while waiting for him to come out. United Healthcare CEO Brian Thompson was one of a number of senior executives being investigated by the Justice Department for insider trading. Apparently he had exercised stock options. Nothing nothing to see here, sold shares worth fifteen point one million dollars in February, roughly two weeks before news of the federal antitrust investigation became public. So go ahead draw your own conclusions, because I say, conspiracy theory can start stirring the pot of that one. Because after he died, United Health Group Incorporated stock jump five point five six percent. Yesterday it's up to six hundred and ten dollars and seventy nine cents a share. Now, I will acknowledge that the pre market futures are are trading down, but not much compared to the five point five percent increase yesterday. I'm sorry, five point five percent, a five point five to six fifty six cents jump in the stock price. That was zero point ninety two percent, So almost one percent increase in the stock price now I get my facts right. Anyhow, nothing to see there. It'd be interesting to find out why specifically he was targeted, because no one knows where that guy went. He took off on the New York City version of a red bike. Apparently they have enough money in New York City to pay for that. Anyway, Over, the frightening reality that the world, obviously of warfare, has changed dramatically since everything on the planet is now connected by the Internet or so electronically in some form. The Chinese government hackers have compromised telecommunications infrastructure all around the world, according to US security officials in a release yesterday describing it as a massive espionage campaign press conference with Anne Newberger, President Biden's Deputy National Security Advisor for cyber and Emerging Technologies, said this so called salt typhoon, as opposed to volt typhoon, which we've talked about before. Salt typhoon campaign is ongoing. And that's a word worth circling when you're reading about this, because it ain't over. And wait till you find out what they've been listening to and capturing by way of data that hit at least eight telecommunications firms in the United States. They were all breached. According to her statement, the Chinese compromise private companies exploiting vulnerabilities in their systems as part of a global Chinese campaign that's affected dozens of countries around the world. Now, of course, the Chinese government denied it. Nothing is he here right? We don't interfere with elections. This was first reported back in September in the Wall Street Journal, but her remarks the most specific public acknowledgment yet by our government regarding this vast scope and severity of the hacking campaign, which investigators of Trace two. Of course, the Chinese Intelligence agency. Wall Street Journal previously identified Verizon AT and TT Mobile Lumen technologies among the victims, but also you, as was reported or released in her conference yesterday, saying, in her words, a large number of Americans have their cell phones and metadata accessed in the intrusion. They declined to say how many Americans, but said it wasn't believed that all Americans had their metadata compromise. Well, isn't that comforting. Here's a list of everybody that had their data compromise, and here's another list of the people who who didn't. I'll let you guess which list is longer. Anyway, to this metadata attack and this capturing of all the data that's on, including probably your cell phone, they say that it was regional in focus, and thus they suspect the point was to identify phone lines of valuable senior government officials. So you know, if you target the greater Langley area, you're likely to capture people the work of the CIA. You get the idea of how that works. They see the hackers then targeted the phones to steal uencrypted text messages, listen to some phone calls as well. Previously reported, President elect Donald Trump, Vice President elect JD. Van senior congressional staffers, and a whole bunch of security officials here in the United States were among our the United States were among a whole bunch of folks described as scores who have had their calls and texts directly targeted in this particular attack. And I had read that specific report earlier, but now I suppose this release from our intelligence folks reflects the massive size and scope, far bigger than they originally had reported. And it's reported that investigators are still working to figure out the full parameters of the ongoing intrusions by this Salt typhoon attack. It has not been eradicated. It is still out there. In opressed briefing, Newberger said that it wasn't believed that the classified communications were accessed in the breach. It wasn't believed. Now you go ahead and take comfort in that statement if you want. It wasn't believed that classified communications were access to the breaches, but it's certainly possible that they were. She said, quote, we do not believe any have fully removed the Chinese actors from these networks, So that is a reminder that there's a risk of ongoing compromise of United States telephone calls until the companies fully addressed the cybersecurity gaps that they have which allowed the Chinese Communist Party to enter it in first place. This, in addition to the compromising private unencrypted calls and text hackers were able to access information from systems maintained by the carriers to comply with US surveillance requests. In other words, there's stuff in there in the systems that the United States government made them put in there so they could get surveillance. Our government gets surveillance. Does that make it any better? Is it cool that our government is surveiling your phone calls without a warrant? But uncool that the Chinese Communist Party is doing it as well? Again an interesting thought question. Our Tuesday officials conceded that they don't know when the hackers might be purged from the telecomis munications infrastructure and urge people to use encrypted acts to protect their phone calls and texts. Quote, it would be impossible for us to predict a time frame on when we'll have full evictions that, according to Jeffrey Green, senior official at the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, guests are apparently is one of those. Well doesn't that make you feel nice and comfortable? So, in other words, I glean from that that this compliance with US surveillance request in hackers that were able to access the system. Because of that, we in essence facilitated the ease of the Chinese Communist Party in accessing our communications. Hey, thanks appreciate that. Five one, three, seven, nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two three talk pn FI fifty on eight phones. I want to mention affordable medical image because I want you to save a heapload of money, and yeah, it's worth the drive. It may be out of your way, but I'm just got it was a point well made. One of my listeners said, you know, I sent a buddy over there. I mentioned him. I heard him about it, and he said, well, it was quite a drive for me, but it was well worth the drive because getting whatever image he got. I don't know if as an MRI or a CT scan, but he too, saved thousands of dollars, making it worth the extra minutes that it took him to get to affordable imaging services. Yes, it's worth to drive. Don't expect any you know, fluffy, frilly kind of things to keep the overhead really really low. But you get the same equipment hospital as you used to do your MRI, CT scans, echo cardogram's, ultra sounds, lung screens, and cardiac scorings, and you only pay a literal fraction of the cost that would cost you a hospital imaging department. Go ahead, call the hospital imaging department. You've already got the order from your doctor. You need to get a CT scan with a contrast. Well, I'll tell you right now up front at affordable imaging that's only going to cost you six hundred bucks and it includes a board certified radiologist report, which you and your doctor will both get within forty eight hours. Over at the hospital, they'll probably tell you that after you're sure insurance payment, you might be out of pocket thirty one hundred dollars. Thank you Jeff for pointing out your own personal experience. That's how much Jeff saved. And good morning to the folks at Markhonk. But is this other email I got same kind of thing? It took a while to get there, but gosh darn it, thousands of dollars. You know what's your time value of money? Find out all the pricing information. Go to Affordable Medimaging dot com. Affordable medimaging dot com. You have a choice when it comes to your medical care. Go what you're gonna save heaploads of money five one three, seven, five three eight thousand. Yes, I too, went and got my CT scan there five one three seven, five three eight.
Speaker 6: Thousand, fifty five KRC men.
Speaker 1: We hear it all the time. A man comes in to get it. Time for the weather, and Channel nine tells us today mostly sunny day to day. Well, I had twenty five. It feels a little bit more like fifteen degrees. That's too cold for the Sinsant public school kids that go to school. Sorry, I cannot bite my tongue. Mostly clear ofver night down to seventeen tomorrow, mostly Sunday high thirty two uh clear skies every night down to twenty two, and Saturday is going to be a sunny day going up for high forty two twenty two degrees Right now. Traffic time.
Speaker 6: From the UC Health Traffic Center. UC Help's Weight Loss Center offers comprehensive obesity care and advanced surgical expertise called five one three nine three nine two two sixty three. That's nine three nine two two sixty three. Traffic volumes are building through the area, still moving at hosted speeds, but we do.
Speaker 14: Have a crash.
Speaker 6: It's seventy one southbound at Fort Washington Way and it has had the right lane block. So much for those delays. I'm Heather Pasco on fifty five KRC.
Speaker 14: The talk station.
Speaker 1: Six twenty coum with six twenty one fifty five Krcity Talk Station. Very Happy Friday Eve. Thanks again every name me to listener. Lunches day is just going through the photographs again. Props in great thanks and love love to Rebecca Grop you for taking this photograph. If anybody wants to know what cribbage Mike's looks like, and you're friends with me or Rebecca or Westside Gym or anybody else who reposted the photographs on Facebook, he's the guy with the Christmas jacket and sitting next to his lovely bride. So congratulations again Mike. I'm kicking my butt in cribbage yesterday. Let's go to the phone. See what Maureen's got today, Maureen, Happy Friday Eve to you. Thanks for calling.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Brian. I've planned on sleeping in until I heard you say the word conspiracy. You're slipping. It's supposed to be consp.
Speaker 1: Pattern observer, pattern observer. That's it. That's it. Okay, and you are my favorite. You are my favorite pattern observer. I've acknowledged that over time, So thank you. Well.
Speaker 4: I do have three more things to add to your story about United health Care. Okay, you already informed everybody about thirty one percent and stuff that Brian Thompson soul taking in fifteen one million, as you said in proceeds, So now the other two things are in legal documents. Investigators said that Thompson and other company executives sold over one hundred and seventy million worth of United Healthcare common stock during the four month period when insiders knew about the federal antitrust investigation but the public did not know about it yet. And the other things that are interesting about this is that on February twenty first of this year, United Healthcare discovered a cybersecurity breach on the same day that Nancy Pelosi made her second purchase of Call options in Power Auto Networks, which is a cybersecurity company that was later chosen to investigate the breach. And Thompson was ready to testify in front of Congress about United Healthcare's hacks as well as their business practices. And now obviously he's not able to testify in front of Congress.
Speaker 1: Well, Marian, my pattern observer, did he have any connection with Epstein, Pedophile Island or maybe then the White Parties?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know that multi billions digging, keep keep digging. Something tells you you'll probably run into that at some point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's gonna be connected to them too.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Anyway, thanks for getting me.
Speaker 1: You know. I love you, Marien. Keep us on or does and keep observing the patterns, and please keep FB, Facebook Instant messaging me when you run across them. I do appreciate it. Some I believe more than others. Some are more likely to be true than others. And we've been going back and forth for years and years, and I Maureen, and she's been a long time listener, just a really wonderful lady and listening live from Florida typically these days UH six fifty five KSY talk station five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk pound five fifty on your AT and T phone since I only have a minute here. One more acknowledgement from listener Lunch yesterday. Are you familiar with the man Ray Cummins and the awesome musical genius that he is? I mean, he is chet atkins embody when it comes to picking. He is absolutely an amazing guitar player, well known, He's done the Grand Old Opry. Everybody in country music knows him, and anybody who's a chet Atkins fan is probably familiar with Ray Cummins. I had the honor of seeing him yesterday. Showed up be a listening to Lunch to say hi, and I bring this up one because I thought I was in the presence of greatness. Got to shake his hand, hoping that some maybe some of his magic mike ruboff since I suck at playing guitar, although I'd love to be a good guitar player. His wife is a little bit ill right now, and I wanted to give a shout out to her because she's a really sweet lady and she was having some medical issues which prevented her from showing up at lunch yesterday. So I wanted to let her to know that I missed seeing her and that I was thinking about her, and I want to let her know that she's in my prayers as well. Six twenty five fifty five Karsneytalkxtation local stories coming up. Feel free to call love to hear from you if you've got something to say. But I also recommend getting in touch with USA Installation. Hey, look, Winner's on top of this. It's so cold the Cincinnai Public school kids can't even go to school today. How did I work that in? Must be on my mind this morning. Anyway, USA Premium Film will dramatically improve the comfort of your home first day. It only takes less than a day to insulate the average home. Doesn't matter what your home is built out of, brick, brick on block, shingle stucco siding. They inject the foam into the exterior walls of your home and you will notice the immediate change and comfort. That ice cold room, you know the one I'm talking about right now, Go ahead and go in. And why is it so cold in here and it's not in the rest of the home. Probably because you don't have the right insulation. Usay's highest R value foam on the market in the walls will go a long way to solving that problem. And of course, every single month your energy bills will be higher and higher, thank you, Duke or whoever, but they'll be lower with the premium foam injected. It'll pay for itself. It's guaranteed savings on your energy bill. And Steve brought back the ultimate offer ninety nine dollars a month interest free, and over the years I've learned from a lot of my listeners, one the regret that they didn't do it sooner, but also that you may save more than ninety nine dollars a month a right, so it could be a literal wash or maybe even better than that, but I know you're going to save at least some of the part of it. So calculate the math on that ninety nine dollars a month interest free. You're gonna get a twelve hundred dollar energy tax credit when you're doing your taxes next year. As long as you take advantage of it, feel free to do it. So a ninety nine bucks a month interest free and a free inspection will determine whether you are under insulated or completely lack insulation in your home, so underinsulated, the phone goes with the old stuff no insulation. It fills all that empty space. Added bonus, it probably will keep literally every pest from outside your home from getting inside your home. Three eight one three six two six three eight one foam online. It's USA Insulation.
Speaker 14: Dot Net fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Your morning cup of Sean.
Speaker 12: This is a Shawn Morning minute.
Speaker 13: The DA's office did propose December of the ninth as the deadline for their upcoming filing, which will quote consider the possibility of.
Speaker 1: Dismissing the case.
Speaker 13: Judge Mershawn was slated to decide today whether a Supreme Court ruling Grandstrum community from prosecution.
Speaker 1: And it does.
Speaker 13: And they had testimony from the time that he was president that was brought before that jury. This case is done, it is cooked, it is over, it is finished. The only reason Alvin Bragg would want to keep it alive is because politically he's in an elected position. Is that liberal New York City would like that he's persecuting Trumps with.
Speaker 1: A conservative underground.
Speaker 15: Meets later today on the Sean Hannity Show.
Speaker 13: Hey, if you're scrambling to think about a good present for your loved ones, Well, you can give them peace of mind with a burner les lethal launcher, or maybe just treat yourself.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 13: With the burner, you can be confident that you and your family are prepared to defend yourselves against any potential thread.
Speaker 1: It's simple to use. How the burner launcher is safe.
Speaker 13: It is an effective defense solution equipped with powerful non lethal deterrence including tear gas and kinetic rounds. You also can hit a target sixty feet away. It's capable of stopping any perpetrator or attacker right in their tracks. Why choose Berner because protecting your loved ones should never be a compromise. Now, it's legal in all fifty states. There's no background check required, no permit needed, and it can easily be shipped directly to your door. Now that's why Berner is trusted by over five hundred government agencies, police departments, and private security firms. Just go to Burner by RNA dot com slash Hannity. You get a ten percent discount. That's by RNA dot com slash Hannity, ten percent off any purchase, according to.
Speaker 1: Channel nine, and it's going to be a I twenty five today, freeze will make it feel more like fifteen mostly sunny skies seventeen degrees over nine clear. Tomorrow Hi I thirty two is sun overnight low twenty two with clear skies and a sunny Saturday as well with IM forty two right now twenty one degrees. Time for a traffic updates.
Speaker 6: From the UC Health Traffic Center. UC Health's Weight Loss Center offers comprehensive obesity care and advanced surgical expertise called five one three nine three nine two two sixty three.
Speaker 14: That's nine three nine two two sixty three.
Speaker 6: With an accident on the US fifty West ramp to seventy five South, I find the right lane blocked here in traffic, little slow and still watching the building. Traffic volumes, but thankfully the main roads and freeways are in pretty good shape. I'm Heather Pasco on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Winter is coming, Yeah it is. And the Sinsey Public schools are closed because of cold weather. Yes, I keep bringing that up. Why all the other schools are open and how at least I presume so? Uh, just drive me crazy this morning with that one fun fact before we get to other local stories. Let's see what Jef's got this morning. Jeff, thanks for calling on a happy Friday, eve to you.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Brian.
Speaker 12: So just on the conspiracy theory, as you're on a quick Google search, most insurance companies have about an eight to denial rate and uh services. Yeah, but United Health United Health Caress that guy took over in two thousand and four close to thirty five percent.
Speaker 1: Holy cow.
Speaker 2: So it wouldn't.
Speaker 12: Surprise me if they find the guy and they find out that he lost the wife or a kid because of insurance or because of cover.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And you know, Jeff, I agree with you completely. When I saw the story and it first got released and I found that it was Wow, you didn't even know who the guy was. But CEO of United Health gets shot in the back in a literal assassination a target at attempt. That's exactly what went through my mind. He probably had his claim denied or likely said maybe a family member did. I didn't realize their denial rate was that high. That that's that's substantial. Yeah, all right, well let us speculate further. I appreciate it. Jeff, thanks for calling this morning. Man if I went three seven two three. You talk found five fifty on at and T phones anyhow, Hamilton County's proposed budget they got local festival organizers. Everybody's got their hand in the cookie jar, don't they? From your taxpayered hours? Anyway, Local festival organizers asking Hamilton County commissioners to consider an increase to a proposed budget line item for large event grants. Apparently it's response to the County Ministry's proposed budget, which is one point seven percent smaller than last year, driven primarily by reduction in sales tax revenue over certain months. Thank you Andrew Rowan from WCPO reporting inflationary pressures driving consumers to spend less, which impacts county governments sets their anyway. A County Ministry's proposed budget reduces funding for economic development slash tourism grants from one point two to five million to six hundred thousand dollars. Apparently, grant funding went last year to Blank Flying Pig Marathon Forbes thirty under thirty in the Cincinni Music Festival. They split that grant money up. At a public hearing Tuesday this week, America river Roots Festival organizer to ask the commissioners to reconsider coach air. Tim Fogarty quoted as saying, in a year like twenty twenty five, once again we will be without downtown Convention Center events like American River Roots or Vital of the County's success. Thousands expected to gather on the banks for that America River Roots festivals, celebrating the region's music, cuisine and culture. So finite number of dollars and an infinite number of things people want money for. Just a plain old, simple reality. And go ahead and ask yourself how it is that two inmates died in custody within one week at the Hamilton County Justice Center. No one has any ends yet. Fifty four years old Matthew Denlar died at the Justice Center a last Thursday. I guess it was the November twenty eighth, according to the department spokes first in Kylo Woods again speaking well speaking with Cameron Knight of the inquiry on this one, Thank you. Cameron. Admitted to jail on Tuesday, November twenty sixth, Woods said Denlar was had been arrested on open warrants. Woods said he was found unresponsive Thursday in his cell. Officers and medical staff attempted life saving measures. They were unsuccessful in that. Then we had Jacob Grayson. Twenty five year old Jacob Grayson collapsed Wednesday in the common area of the pod. That was last Wednesday, according to Woods. Officers and medical staff responded. They took him to UC Medical centerhere he later died. No report yet from the coroner's office, so we don't know the actual date of his death. Court documents say Grayson was arrested on the twenty fifth on a probation violation. He had pleaded no contest possessing fenton or related compounds back in February, apparently parle violation because he tested positive for fentanyl and then failed to report to the probation department. In July, Enquirer said that fourteen people have died at the Hamletin County Justice Center between August of twenty twenty and September twenty twenty three, so they can add these two to the list. That's apparently growing. Corner's office working to determine the cause of death for both of the inmates. Sheriff's office also investigating six thirty five here fifty five KC talks station looks like Owl's on the phone. I'll take quick break here. I'll be happy to take your call when I return. After strongly recommend he get in touch with Zimmer Eating and air Conditioning. Yup, it's cold out there and they got the new cool or actually it's no longer cool Carrier Comfort rebate. It's a twenty two hundred dollars savings on a whole Carrier comfort system from Zimmer Heating and Cool. That's right, the Carrier Comfort System. So they make great products of Carrier and Zimmer are wonderful and they also do a twenty four hour day, seven day week emergency service. So if you're freezing your keyster off right now because your system has gone belly up, if Carrier a call, it's easy to do. You can sign up for an appointment online at goes Zimer dot or give Zimmer a call goes Zimmer dot com online or call Chris Simmer at five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three. And if they do determine that your system is belly up beyond repair, take advantage of the savings twenty two hundred dollars on the Carrier Comfort system. Zimmer Heating and Air Conditioning goes Zimmer dot Com fifty five car the talk station.
Speaker 14: Hey, it's the snee and for the padforst.
Speaker 1: Tannel nine says we have a well high twenty five going on to day winshow making it feel like fifteen sunny skies overnight low seventeen, single digit with the whim chill, clear skies Tomorrow mostly sunny day high a thirty two down to twenty two overnight with clear skies and a sunny Saturday with a higher forty two. It's twenty degrees right now. Time for traffic.
Speaker 6: Update from the UC Health Traffic Center. U S healths to Weight Loss Center of first Comprehensive Obesity Care and Advanced Surgical Expertise called five one three nine three nine two two sixty three. That's nine three nine two two sixty three. And accident has been clearing from that US fifty West ramp to seventy five South. You know lane closure there, the right lane was blocked. I watch those delays. And on Reagan Highway westbound after Plainfield Growth, we do have a stall. I'm Heather Pasco in fifty five KRC.
Speaker 14: The talk station.
Speaker 1: Six thirty nine I fifty five KRC Detalk station. If you're having a wonderful Friday Eve. Coming on back Top of the Hour News, John Houstad, you remember him, Lieutenant governed in the state of Ohio. He's gonna be talk about Ohio bathroom bill and Ohio Adoption and Pregnancy program. So wait around for that. Top of the ur News. Donovan O'Neill be on at seven thirty to talk about school choice expansion. Of course, Americans for Prosperity. Donovan O'Neill. At eight oh five, William Hazel grow with his book This Coould Be Fun Dead Air the Night orson wells Terrified America, And of course I always love talking to Jay Ratliffe and I hope you enjoy hearing from I heard me the aviation expert joints us a day thirty. We got a whole bunch of things to go over with Jay in the meantime. Over to the phones, Al, thank you for holding over the break. Welcome to the program.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Brian. I appreciate you taking my call. I'm generally a listener. I try not to speak too much, but I felt somewhat moved to call after Larry made his comments about college, and I felt that there was a need to add some context to you were my and I'm sure many parents out there about college education.
Speaker 1: Okay, real quick, hold on, real quick, real quick. I just I'm going to re ceute it so the listeners who weren't listening earlier know what we're talking about. I had made a very awful hand. I had made a very off the cuff statement about the lack of value of a college education without providing any context, and I should have. And then he followed up and said, basically, what do you mean by, you know what the valueless? In essence? And I said, certain degrees I view as a colossal waste of time. Don't go into debt for, for example, an art degree, because there's not a lot of employment opportunities out there in the art world. Get a degree, yes, definitely, if it's in the business realm or the like, for engineering or other there are many fields where a college degree is not only valuable, but often absolutely required. So I thoughtful, you know, cost benefit analysis is really what I've always advocated for, rather than just saying I'm going to go to college and get, for example, I my degree, a political science degree. If that's all you're going to do, I don't recommend doing that, so go ahead with your thoughts and comments on that general topic.
Speaker 3: Al okay, well, I appreciate that you know two points. First of all, I had the experience of being in the belly of the beast, actually cared for many of our young skulls full of mush at the medical center at one of our esteemed public universities in Ohio. And I did that for a couple of years. And I made a point of asking each student that came in to see me, why are you here? And the full eighty five to ninety percent of the individuals that I saw during my tenure gave me the same answer, and that answer was to experience college. And what that left me was WTF moment several times a day. And the thing is, most of the foreign students, on the other hand, actually came to this country to glean as much as they could in some sort of stem subject there are My thought is that many of the parents and many of the students are taking on hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt and getting nothing for.
Speaker 1: It except four year party.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, don't let your kids watch Animal House ever.
Speaker 3: But no, I actually put three sons through school, and I have three different results. My oldest son graduated with a degree in political science actually diplomacy and Spanish. He is now working the bank. My middle son graduated in chemistry and he's actually using that degree. My youngest son three years and his education process decided, hey, this isn't for me, and I thanked him for dropping out, and he is now climbing the rungs of a successful company in Columbus and is now being put to school by that company to learn exactly what he was trying to learn in college, which was electrical engineering.
Speaker 1: There you go, there you go. That's awesome. Yet me see, your outcome is a great one. I guess the political science backs up my comment. Your son who got a political science is working at a bank, and bully for him for getting a degree in Spanish as well. That has wide broad application because so many people in the world speak Spanish. But you know, excellent outcomes all three. And I'm glad you called back up to or called up to clarify that and give us your personal illustration on that again thoughtful analysis. When you said eighty five percent for the college experience, you know what someone had set me down my first couple of weeks or months in college, I might have given the same response because, of course, in high school, yeah, I saw Animal House five six forty five, he talks, and I also had older friends who were already involved in the college experience, and most notably the fraternity life, which made me salivate at the prospect of going to college really had nothing to do with the degree that I was pursuing at the time six forty five. Right now, New Hampshire Gary is on the line. Hang on New Hampshire, Gary. So I want to give you everybody a strong recommendation for the dynamic duo of dentistry doctors Fred Peck and doctor Meghan Frew. They are awesome at what they do. First off, doctor Fred pack Guy, I call him a genius all the time. He's got to be. He's off the Richter scale because he is an amazing cosmetic dentist in addition to being a great general dentist, and he's been my full family general dentist for years and years. The man is a legend in the cosmetic dentistry field, one of only three accredited Distinguished Fellows with the American Academy and cosmetic Dentistry in the state of Ohio, one of only fifty in the Higher planet. You want beautiful, transformative smile makeover, you need doctor Fred Peck and his genius. Now doctor Meghan Frew is working on her accreditation with the American Academy Cosmic Dentistry. I understand from my listeners who have seen doctor Frew and been treated by her, she is outstanding. You know the sort of bedside you know, a comfort and for those botto line I guess if you don't like going to the dentist, get in and see doctor Meghan Frew should make you very comfortable. And they do have sedation, dentistry and everything else to make Folks that are a little concerned and don't like going to the dentist, they make you feel as comfortable as possible. Plus the environment, it's the most state of the art clinic you're ever going to walk into. And the staff there are really just charming, wonderful people. You're in the best possible hands when it comes to all things dentistry. So give them a call, schedule appointment. I know you'll be happy. You did five one, three, six, one seventy six, sixty six and tell doctor Spreu in pact that I said Hi, please five one three six, seventy six sixty six. Visit them online learn more on the website. It's Packpckpecksmiles dot com, fifty five KRC dot com at U line.
Speaker 3: They know firsthand the road to success here.
Speaker 1: It is your nine first one. What forecasts the sunny day for the most part, twenty five degree high, feeling more like fifteen when the breeze is blowing, seventeen overnight with windshills in the single digit clear skies, sunny Tomorrow high at thirty two overnight clear in twenty two Saturday, a sundayday going up to forty two twenty degrees.
Speaker 6: Right now, time for traffic from the UC Health Traffic Center, UC Health's Weight Loss Center on first Comprehensive Obesity Care and advanced its surgical expertise called five one three nine three nine two two sixty three. That's nine three, nine two two sixty three. We have a stall on your seventy five North found Off ramp to Hopple Plan four. Traffic to be a little bit slow in this area. Otherwise you're moving pretty well on those main roads and freeways. I'm watching just some building traffic a little heavy and pockets seventy five in the area near Hoppole.
Speaker 14: I'm Heather Pasco with traffic on fifty five KR. See the talk.
Speaker 1: Station sixty if you five KRCPY talk station. Very happy Friday evening, Thursday whatever, petend coming to John Houston at the top of the air, news on the high bathroom bill and you how adoption and pregnancy programs in the meantime over the phones, New Hampshire, Gary, thanks for holding over the break there, my friend, welcome back to the show. Good to hear from you today.
Speaker 16: How you doing, Brian?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: I keep my train of fluck here. It's snowing up here and I'm driving through it.
Speaker 1: Wait a second, are the children in New Hampshire going to school today?
Speaker 2: They called the whole state off today. It's just like it's oh my god, no, it's got a niche just snow.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: It's raining too, it's rain.
Speaker 1: You know you're done, no school?
Speaker 2: Stop the world, it's raining. It's just crazy.
Speaker 7: It is.
Speaker 2: My thought is a is and I'm just trying to think forward a little bit. With Hunter Biden getting community fine, okay, for the last ten years. Fine, Okay, you're dealing with a lot of unsavory people, both in China, Ukraine, Russia, the whole world, and you can't help but to think, if he's going to be testifying, or if it's forced to testify, if he's not going to wind up like Marilyn Monroe or Jeffrey Epstein or somebody like that. You know, he ode who would be shocked, you know. Oh yeah, I'm not saying that's a good thing, but I see some really bad scenarios coming up in the future for this. You know, I got my popcorn out.
Speaker 1: Actually, yeah, keep it up.
Speaker 2: I'll still be done way or another, you.
Speaker 1: Know, yeah, keep it out. I'm surprised you didn't bring up Brian Thompson, the late CEO of United Health Group, who was facing his own issues in terms of the securities investigation he was involved with and got assassinated the other day. So add that to the list. That's why I was joking earlier with Maureen. My pattern observer. We don't call it conspiracy theories anymore. We call it pattern observation, which is aligned with what you're talking about right now that you know, maybe he was also on a pedophile Island with Mike geb Er, with Epstein and maybe he actually attended some of Ditty's white parties. Who knows the details that guests come out. It's why we keep our popcorn out at all times. Gary, great hearing from your brother. Careful out there in that snow, watch up for school children who aren't actually going to school.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I was thinking about this as we get over to the top of the our news and talk to Lieukenant gumnor John Houston about these bathroom bill and I don't have any problem with it. I appreciate it, Jared, Gary, I don't have any problem with keeping men in a transgender women. I'd be a guy that believes to be a woman, and I don't deny the existence of those folks, and I don't deny what's going on in their head makes them really believe that they're that particular sex. So, in spite of the fact you got a twig and berries, think inside your head that you're a woman and therefore should be treated by like a woman and be allowed to use women's facilities. At least that's the concept of what's going on. That's why we have the bathroom Bill, which prevents biological men, biological men from now using women's restrooms. And I understand why that is offensive to some people, me included not the bill itself or the law itself, but the idea of biological men going into women's bathrooms. Because I have a daughter, and I think of my daughter now twenty eight engaged. I'm so happy about that, But as an eight year old, or a nine year old, or a ten year old, any young lady, young person, a girl. And I only bring that up again because as we go over to the top of our news and enter to this conversation with Lieutenant Governor, remember that you are a transgender woman, in other words, of biological male that believes to be a woman. That does not define your sexuality. What you are drawn to sexually is independent of what's going on in your head. So, for example, if a transgender woman was attracted to women, and that is certainly possible, right if they weren't a transgender woman, that would make them a heterosexual male. Now, if you are a heterosexual male, should you be allowed to use women's facilities if you don't profess to be a woman. Isn't that generally the concern that we you know, rational, common sense, chromosomally based, scientifically based people think about this. You know, the idea of men being in women's bathrooms, if you take the transgender woman label off of it, you're talking about a guy going into a woman's bathroom. Now, that guy may be attracted to men, in which case the idea of them molesting your daughter is probably pretty low, unless they're a pedophile or perhaps bisexual, in which case they're attracted to everybody. It's a very complicated thing, But it's not that there's a discrimination against a transgender woman necessarily, so much as the idea of a girl being molested by someone, which I suppose a woman could molest another girl in the bathroom too, if a well trended lesbian right and guys. You know, over all these years where there's been separate men's rooms and women's rooms, we have may have been surrounded by gay men. I've been I'm fifty nine years old. I don't know how many times that happened, and I'm guessing it's happened a gazillion times. I never got touched, Nobody ever tried to lay a finger on me. I never got hit on in a bathroom. Maybe it's just because I have a face for radio. I don't know. But that's the reality that we're dealing with here. So it's a question of one's sexual proclivities cloaked under the veil of this idea that you can be a gender that you're not. So whether or not you believe that you can be a gender that you're not doesn't take out of the equation the whole concept of one's sexual proclivities. So just let that percolate in your brain a little bit, because we're gonna have Lieutenant comn to John Houston to talk about the bathroom bill as well as Ohio adoption and pregnancy programs. Then we get Donovan O'Neil for Americans for Prosperity to talk about school choice expansion. That'll be after the news stigure out.
Speaker 15: It's the biggest news and trending news events from around the world at the.
Speaker 1: Top end and bottom of the hour. This is fifty five KR scene the top station.
Speaker 6: This report is sponsored by USBs Ground Advantage, Simple, Affordable, Reliable.
Speaker 1: Every business faces challenges, but shipping shouldn't be one of them. Turn shipping to your talk about. At least we're gonna start out talking about before we get to the adoption and pregnancy help, the common sense as you described a bathroom bill recently signed in a law by Governor Mike Dewain. Welcome back to the firty five Cacy morning. So, John Huston, it's always a pleasure speaking with you.
Speaker 8: Great to be with you this morning.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's start with an interesting thought question, shall we before we get to the details. Basically, the bathroom bill requires you know, if you when you are born, you're as signed agender X and Y chromosome, you're a guy, period, end of story. That scientific reality. So that means you can't go into a women's bathroom K through twelve and higher education. That's basically the summoned substance. You know, boys going to boys rooms, girls going to girls rooms. But transgender women means you are a X Y gender male. But believe and I'm not going to deny your belief structure, but believe yourself to be a woman. Question, John, you said, if you what test is there? This is why I justify the bill and think it's appropriate. What does it take to become a designated true transgender female? And I'm thinking about this in the context of the COVID nineteen religious exemptions for vaccines. They started asking people questions about how often they went to church, what they believed in. There was all these layers, which was totally unconstitutional. But does anybody ever ask the transgender female, did you just declare this before you went into the bathroom? Is that enough to allow you to get in the bathroom. This is the kind of problem we face because I have a daughter, and it worries the hell out of me that a guy, a forty year old guy, who just stands up one day, holds his hands up and says, I'm a transgender female. It's going to be in a bathroom with her. You know what I'm saying, Amen, I do.
Speaker 17: It is really unbelievable that we're at a point in the world where we actually need a law like this where it says to you know, if you're a biological man at birth, then you will go to the boys or men's bathroom, and likewise if you're a female.
Speaker 8: That is common sense.
Speaker 3: That is what I mean.
Speaker 8: For all of my life fifty seven now and all of my life up until what five ten years ago, like this was how we all, like no one questioned that this is what we should do, right, And now all of a sudden, Now, all of a sudden, we think men can play women's sports, they can undress in their locker rooms, they can use their bathrooms, forty year old men going into the same bathroom with a ten year old girl, not you know, your teenage daughters not having a private space to I mean, it's just all of these kinds of things that.
Speaker 3: Literally we have a.
Speaker 8: Section of society that believes that that the whole world, a whole history of humanity, should be changed over how someone views their gender in their mind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, and it makes it and it makes it worse because you know, it's one thing because okay, someone might say, well, there's a stall and you're not going to be looking at someone's junk or whatever. This includes showers, this is locker rooms.
Speaker 8: This is okay, I'm telling you.
Speaker 3: You I wouldn't.
Speaker 8: I was, actually, you know, I was in disbelief that this was happening, Like I was.
Speaker 2: It was hard to believe.
Speaker 8: But I remember my one of the conversations I had with Riley Gains, the Kentucky swimmer who has been really outspoken on this because she'd lost she'd lost a a NCAA championship to a man who claimed to be a woman and swam in a women's meat in NCAA let him happen. She said that she was in the locker room with this man who had full male gentle talia, yeah, and was in the locker room undressing and is going to swim in the women's meat. And like, how in the world adults around this process could ever come to conclusion that that was okay, that this was that the whole rest of the world should change and accommodate. That really is what led to the need for these laws.
Speaker 1: Well, and I'm glad they're in place in Ohio now. Now the other component of this, and it's something that's quite often overlooked, I think the presumption the arguments from you know, those who are going to appeal this law, like the ACLU and the LGBT activist group were going to claim it's unconstitutional or something. The idea of a transgender woman again, a guy believing in his heart or her heart of hearts whatever, that they are Indeed, a woman does not in any way, shape or for determine what their sexual proclivities are. In other words, they could be attracted to women even though they identify as a woman. Meaning there is a forty five year old guy with full junk in the locker room and it's still attracted to women. That's the creepy part. Now, I know I've been in bathrooms. I'm fifty nine, it's a little bit older than you. And I'm sure that all throughout my life there have been gay men in the bathroom. Never had an issue, no problem, never been molested or attack. But I'm also in a better position to defend myself because I'm a little bit on equal footing with them. As you point out with Riley Gaines, men have a substantial size and strength advantage over women generally speaking, putting women at a significant disadvantage if they're in a situation where they're someone's trying to molest them in the in the girl's bathroom.
Speaker 8: Yes, and look, there are plenty of ways that we because I acknowledge that, Okay, there's a small percentage of people who have gender identity issue, y in a buck, call it what you want, okay, uh, And and there are you know, we have men's restrooms, we have women's restrooms, and then we have these single use family restrooms or where where where an individual can go into those and change or go to the bathroom do And those are perfectly appropriate accommodations for somebody in that situation. But the rest of the world should not have to accommodate something that makes them feel uncomfortable or threatens their privacy. And so this is a very common sense way to deal with the issue, in my opinion. And look, this is, as you well know, the whole issue of transgender surgeries and treatment for minors was before the US Supreme Court yesterday challenging a Tennessee law that's similar.
Speaker 1: To the Ohio law.
Speaker 8: Uh, you know the idea, because we're learning more all the time about the the fact that there are young people who've been persuaded to have these gender trans uh transgender surgeries and chemical hormonal treatments who had them as a youth and now as adults, really regret having done that because they were just confused. They might have been gay, but they were not transgender. Somehow the medical professionals or the adults in their lives persuaded them to do this, and now they have irreversible situation as adults. And so this is this is an issue about protecting everybody. They might giving giving transgender individuals, particularly children, accommodations, but let's not go too far with this, particularly with kids.
Speaker 1: And I'm not certain and I do not believe it is the town count of John Hyson that it is the considered medical standard of care to start giving youth, you know, pre pubescent youth gender hormone surge replacements to keep them from advancing into puberty or otherwise lopping things off or sewing things on. That is a dispute within the medical community.
Speaker 8: Oh, absolutely, And there's a lot of evidence, a lot of evidence that it's in the aggregate doing more harm than good. And understand like not to get into them. I'm not a doctor, but i will share I've done a lot of reading and listen to a lot of smart people on this topic who will tell you that if you do this to a child and they do not go through puberty, that is an irreversible situation for them as an adult. And let adults make those decisions. Don't have adults making them for children, particularly at very very young ages, which was where we're seeing a lot of this happen.
Speaker 1: Amen thenago and who said, let's pivot over to something positive and what we're doing here in the state of Ohio. And I know you have a personal connection with the idea that you know they're in. There are unplanned pregnancies in the world and we need to help support those women in all way shapes and forms this National Adoption Month. And I know you're an outspoken advocate for adoption on this. You want to explain to my listeners how it is you have such a close connection.
Speaker 16: Yeah, well, I was.
Speaker 8: I was adopted. I started out life in a foster home. My birth mother had had two children and lost her husband in Vietnam, and then became pregnant and didn't couldn't afford another mouth to feed, and decided to have an adoption. And I started out life in a foster home and then had the greatest blessing that could have ever happened to me. Two great parents, my mom and dad, Jim and Judy Houston, adopted me. And so this is very near and dear to my heart because I know that foster care and adoption changed lives, not just the lives and children. Every adult who tells you that they've done it will say it changed our life too. Having this child in our lives made it more purposeful and meaningful, and so everything that we can do to promote adoption. We have over three thousand kids in foster care right now waiting for us forever home, and we want to support that and we want to do all we can to support adoption and foster care because there's so many kids who, through no fault of their own, find themselves in just a terrible situation and they need the love of adults. I mean, I will tell you this, I tell that story. It's not really about me. It's about how an adult can change the life of a child and give them a chance that they would have never had before.
Speaker 1: I mean, think about that. I am talking with the Lieutenant governor of the state of Ohio who came from a foster home and was adopted. What an amazing thing. I mean, your life is completely transformed, you know what. I think there needs to be greater advocacy for adoption, and we hear about adoption from time to time, and I'm glad you're elevating it to this level of discussion we're having here on the Morning Show. But you know, planned parenthood is everywhere they promote abortion, they suggest, oh you have to get an abortion. You're never gonna You shouldn't bring that baby in a full, full term, you shouldn't have it. They're like constantly all over the place, just scream in that tune you know, wonder you wonder where the chorus is of Wait. A second adoption is a wonderful option, and great things come from families who adopt young people that are in need.
Speaker 3: Of a home.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Look, there are local women's and pregnancy centers because look, we had a constitutional amendment in Ohio. Abortions are allowed under the Ohio Constitution now basically you know, I mean it's one of the most expansive abortion laws in the country.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and so we have to change hearts and minds. It's our only path right now. And so no, if you're a man who's involved with this, a woman who's involved with this, the parent, somebody, that there is support out there through these women's and pregnancy centers. They're just the women I've met, particularly women I've met who run these things, who run these pregnancy centers. They are there for you. They will help you through this process. They will make sure that you're getting the healthcare before your baby's born. That they have a plan for you to make sure you have the resources you need to support a healthy start for that baby, and connect you with the resources are out there. You're not alone in this. You're not alone. There are people who want to help you have a healthy baby.
Speaker 1: Truly, there are, and the resources are available. Sometimes you just have to search for them. And because quite often the other side has a much better advocacy thing going on for you as.
Speaker 8: Your local pregnancy center. For the most part, if you go into a search engine, say you know, try to find a local pregnancy center, pregnancy center closest to me. You can also use search words like adoption or support for you know, young mothers, and you'll find it out there. They're they're all.
Speaker 1: They're located all across the state.
Speaker 8: They don't have they don't have the promotional budget that Planned Parenthood does, but they are out there. I've visited many of them across the state. These are These are angels who run this. They do not judge you. They do not They do not say, you know, this is what you should do with your life. They meet you where you are, they say, okay, you're in this spot, let's help you. They wrap their arms around you, love you, care about you, and show you a way forward and know that that resource is out there for you.
Speaker 1: Tennant Conor Johnny, So thank you for your advocacy for adoption and for women having their babies and noting that there are the resources out there. And I certainly appreciate your support for a common sense build. It is now the law in the state of Ohio. It's good to have you on the fifty five CARC Morning Show. Sir, keep up the great work.
Speaker 8: Thanks Brian, appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Always a pleasure. You're always welcome here at seven nineteen seven twenty and fifty five KRCD talk station Fast and Pro Roofing. I did talk to one of my listeners at listener lunch yesterday and she talked about what an awesome job Fast and Pro did. She needed new gutters and Brian, they worked so hard. She goes, oh my god, they didn't take a break. Fantastic job. And I said, well, did Eric come over, because all Eric's the one that came over and gave us the quote in the estimate, So my future son in law, I got a dig thumbs up. It was awesome to hear, but that's you know, Fast and Pro right there for you. They treat you great, They'll never lie to you. They're an honest roofing company A plus with a better business bare. The work is absolutely superior, true craftsman level work with Fast and Pro roofing. And it's not just roofing and gutters. They do custom copper work like, for example, over bay windows or wherever you might want custom copper work, hand soldered and handmade box cutters. If you need to replace your box cutters, they do that high level level work. Any kind of roof you want, residential and commercial roofing by commercial friends out there. You need roof inspection, call Fast and Pro. The inspection is free, The assessment is free and honest, and if you do need work, the quote will be right and when the work is done, you're going to be thoroughly impressed. It's just you can ask for better roofing company Fast and Pro Roofing. I'd proudly, proudly support them and appreciate what they're doing in the community. A plus the better business Burea. As I mentioned, call for the free quote. It's five one three seven seven four ninety four ninety five five one three seven seven four, ninety four, ninety five online it's Fasten Fast and fastenproroofing dot com.
Speaker 6: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Men, if you're sufferst one of weather forecast is going to be a mostly sunny day. Twenty five for the high. I'm feeling more like fifteen of the wind show. A breezy out there overnight, seventeen feeling in the single digits. Clear skies Sunday tomorrow for the most part, thirty two for the high. Clear every night down to twenty two. Saturday, another sunny day in a high forty two. It's twenty degrees right now, Let's find out.
Speaker 14: About traffic from the UC Health Traffic Center.
Speaker 6: U S Health's Weight Loss Center offers comprehensive obesity care and advanced surgical expertise called five one three nine three nine two two sixty three. That's nine three, nine two two six three. Traffic is heaving in slow seventy four eastbound between Coleraine Avenue and Spring Grove Avenue. Also on seventy five north found Dixie Highway to twelfth Street. That leads some extra time due to some slow downs there. I'm Heather Pasco on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: It's seven twenty nine, halfy Friday eighth, fast forward an hour. You get to hear from IRMDIA aviation expert Jay Ratliffe. After the top of the our news, we're gonna hear from William hazel Grove about his book This Should be Cool Dead Air the night orson wells Terrified America. And in the meantime, I'm welcome back from Americans for Prosperity, which you can find online of Americans for Prosperity dot org. It's always great to hear from Donovan and Neil. Welcome back Donovan, and Happy Friday Eve to you. Brian, happy to be back with you. Hopings are going well. They are going great in that holiday spirit, and I feel like it's not going to go away, so which is just putting a little extra spring them a step these late days now. I love the topic of conversation and I hope it's all positive because I am a huge proponent of school choice, recognizing that the public schools in many cases not all my children went to public schools, and so of why we both came out okay from my perspective anyway, but some of the public schools are literally failing our children, and many children basically are trapped in them with no alternatives. I like the concept, at least on some level. And the devil is always in the details of, you know, letting the money follow the child. So those who are on life's margins, who might not necessarily be able to afford, like so many in the public education system, do send their children to private schools. Can't necessarily do that. But if the public money were able to follow the child, that would give them a lot more flexibility. It doesn't prevent them from going to public schools. Of course, some of them are a magnet. But there are other options out there, and some children would and parents would certainly welcome the option of a different alternative. I can't I don't understand, Donovan, how this bears a political stripe unless you're a member of one of the public teachers' unions. Beyond that, Democrat, Republican, Socialist, Communist, Green Party, doesn't matter. If you've got kids, don't you want choice?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 15: I mean, I think that's what you find right when you actually begin to have conversations with folks on a level of hey, how do we unleash as much education opportunity in every student, every kid possible to ensure we have the greatest opportunities not just for our country in the future, but for every.
Speaker 1: Person lives here.
Speaker 15: And yeah, the large bulk of the opposition really truly does come from the teachers unions. And don't want to be clear, that's not necessarily the teachers. It's the administrators, right, It's the bosses, It's the folks who've been out of the classroom for a long time and make their living off of forced unionization wages. Those are the largest opponents of education opportunity. And then I think you have another group of folks who are afraid of competition. They just are afraid of competition, and when they see an opportunity for them to lose control, they kick back.
Speaker 1: And on the whole though, I think we are the momentums.
Speaker 15: Behind the folks who are pushing for school choice, who are pushing for education opportunity, who are pushing for empowering parents, empowering families to make the best education choices.
Speaker 1: For their kids and their future. Now it sounds like probably could have a whole big bunch of people, Like I said, political affiliation doesn't matter here. Everyone should be in racing this. So where's the hold of what's stopping us from advancing this kind of concept? Has it been tried elsewhere and being it has been proven successful elsewhere, What's what's your response to that, generally speaking?
Speaker 15: Yeah, well, so part of the challenge I think is momentum is kind of reminding folks where change needs to happen. And so that's part of what we did just yesterday this week, we brought about a dozen of our top activists, top volunteers from across the state to the state House for a day at the capitol to start laying a foundation for next year. Because we talked to lawmakers right and they've got a lot of it.
Speaker 1: There's hundreds of.
Speaker 15: Bills Brian of course at the state Capitol, and so they are juggling a lot of different pieces of information and inputs. And what we've got to do is remind him because they'll say, hey, we I thought we expanded school choice already this session, and we now have you know, anybody who wants to take an edge choice doctor can do that, and aren't we already in pretty good shape? And we could say yeah, largely, but there are forms that need to happen. Still, we need to make it easier for folks to be able to take your kid from.
Speaker 1: One school to another.
Speaker 15: We need to limit the amount of paperwork and bureaucracy that a parent has to go through to make that decision. And so we brought those activists to the State House to be in a Layou foundation and say, hey, here are the things we need to do.
Speaker 1: Start thinking about for next year.
Speaker 15: When everybody comes in bright eyed and bush retailed after the holidays and ready to get work done in one hundred and thirty sixth General Assembly.
Speaker 1: Has the issue of school funding generally come up in these conversations because in Ohio, apparently I keep going back to the Supreme Court case from apparently like twenty years ago, which said the funding mechanisms for schools is unconstitutional. And yet fast forward twenty years here we are when the funding mechanism hasn't changed any sort of property tax base. We understand, But does that conversation and funding mechanism ever come up when you're having the conversations about the idea of choice.
Speaker 15: Yeah, it's one of the common areas, and especially with our friends who are fiscally conservative, and wanting to make sure Hey, look they're you know, they were elected to make sure that the state of Ohio uses its tax dollars in a fiscally responsible manner.
Speaker 1: That's that's an honorable position.
Speaker 3: To be in.
Speaker 15: The other concern, though, is in the local dollars and making sure that we're not starving our public government schools in our communities. Right, and so a lot of the discussion when we talk about, hey, we need this money for ed choice, or we need this money for backpack, build a fund these programs like universally essays, all we were ever talking about is the state share of that money. It would have no impact on any of the local dollars rays that go to the local schools. What we're talking about is that money that everybody pays in through sales tax, income tax, and otherwise the state brings together and then redistributes across the state to school districts. We think that money, right, Yeah, that money that comes from the state should follow the kids, so it stays in the education system and in fact is viewed as I say, at a frontline education dollars, it goes in that kid's backpack, it follows that student wherever they're getting their education in the state of Ohio. So we're not taking money out of education. We're just making that money a little more flexible to follow the student where that student.
Speaker 1: Can get the best education opportunity possible. Okay, Now, putting yourself in as difficult as it may be, Donald and Neil for Americans for prosperity, putting yourself in the shoes of someone who is against that concept. What are their primary arguments? Since you've already addressed the idea of starving local schools, that's not what you are talking about. So what arguments are they left with to oppose this concept?
Speaker 15: Well, the argument that many of our opponents will make are, we don't know what these kids are going to be taught.
Speaker 1: Do we know that they're getting as good of an education.
Speaker 15: Do we know that they're going to get as good of an education as the school down the road compared to the government school, the public school, but that you know, is also on the other side of town.
Speaker 1: And our argument is.
Speaker 15: The parents decide that right like. The reason this is in such demand is because for years we look at report card at a report card, both students report cards and school report cards, no matter how you slice or dice them. We're not meeting standards. We're falling behind. And that's not just an Ohio problem, it's an American product across the country.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 15: It's why it was an issue during the federal presidential election this year. Right, We've got to do better. And so the best way to ensure we think parents are the best accountability driver. Will put it that way, parents are the best acount of the drive. When they see their kids report card, when they see their kids struggling, when they see their kid having suicidal thoughts, when they see their kid dealing with substance abuse, they're.
Speaker 1: Going to move that kid from that environment.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 15: And what empowering families with choice does is gives the parent the ability to make that shift to put them in a school that's going to meet their needs. Every student's unique school choice empowers to make those choices. And again, can't say it enough. Parents are the best accountability measure, well question one page document.
Speaker 1: And it is going to do better than that. And again I always go back to I think most of society's problems may be just built upon the concept that the nuclear family has basically disappeared in large part and there aren't too caring and concerned parents at home who you know, putting attention towards what their children are learning or not, as the case may be, let alone where they might be at midnight on a Tuesday. But that is a broader societal problem. But I embrace what you're talking about. Of course, I appreciate Americans for prosperity, for what they're doing in connection with the work on this. What can my listeners do to help get behind this effort? And I'm going to assume that most of my listeners share our thoughts on school choice.
Speaker 15: Yeah, so we're coming up on a really busy time of year. It's Ohio's budget season from January one through June thirtieth or next year. A lot of policy making happens in that period of time. We're going to be bringing a lot of folks to the Statehouse and setting up a lot of town halls and roundtables in legislators districts. So, whether you can come to Columbus or you need to stay local to southwest Ohio, we're gonna have opportunities.
Speaker 1: Buckeye Blueprint dot Com.
Speaker 15: Buckeye Blueprint dot Com scroll all the way to the bottom you'll see a take action for fun students not systems.
Speaker 1: Fill that out.
Speaker 15: A member of our team will reach out to you and keep you in the loop on upcoming opportunities to get involved either in Columbus or back home in district with the representatives you folks voted to elect. You can help us hold them accountable and get them to do the things they said they would do when they earned your vote this past November.
Speaker 1: And that's why I appreciate what Americans for Prosperity does. They make it very easy to get engaged. Buckeye Blueprint dot com, Jost Director, We'll add that link to my blog page this morning at fifty five k SE dot com so my listeners don't have to remember any independent website as easy as it is to remember Buckeye Blueprint dot com. But get engaged, get involved at AFP makes it's so easy to do much in the way you've made it so easy to get involved with the knock the door knocking work for Bernie Moreno in the state of Ohio, and we're well done on that. I wanted to thank you again for your hard work and effort on that. What an amazing accomplishment.
Speaker 15: We credit to all of our activists and staff across the state who made that happen.
Speaker 1: And you know, now the real work begins, right. We've got good folks selected.
Speaker 15: We got to support them and remind them the promises they made in November or what we're counting them to do for us next year. Hold that I think they're going to do it, and we'll be excited to be shoulder to shoulder with them making it happen.
Speaker 1: Shoulder shoulder or keeping their feet to the fire, as the case may be. And I'll encourage my listeners to get involved. Yeah in Columbus, are you Kidney? That seems to be the biggest role you've got, Donovan. Good luck with the effort. I strongly encourage my listeners to get involved as well. Buckeye Blueprint dot Com. Thanks Donovan for all the work you do. Best of health, and I hope we talked before Christmas. But if not having Merry Christmas, Happy holidays, whatever you choose to celebrate, just make sure you're in a celebratory mood you as well. Brown. We'll talk soon, thanks brother, looking forward to it coming up at something forty one. I fify five kerc the talk station and thanks all my listeners for supporting Colin Electric, and you probably got to smile on your face because you did. They do wonderful work, the folks with the right connections for all residential electric projects. You are in the best possible hands with Andrew Cullen and his outstanding team. They take great care of your home. They're very respectful of you the homeowner. They have excellent customer service, the price is always right, and any work they do for you, from the smallest project to the largest, comes with that ten year wiring warranty. I just don't I think I can count on two hands. I don't know if I can the number of projects they've done for my home, but I am always impressed by them. Their efficiency. Uh, it is a well oiled machine when you're working with the folks at Colin, So call them up. You'd be glad you did. A plus the Better Better Business Bureau well deserved five one three two two seven four one one two five one three two two seven four one one two Online Cullen CEE, U l E and Colin Electric Cincinnati dot Com fifty five krc is credit card debt ruin your Life Warning. Weather forecast today a breezy day, making a high of twenty five feel more like fifteen with a wind chill. Sunny skies though for the most part, Tonight clear down to seventeen. Mostly Sunday Tomorrow with the higher thirty two overnight clear and twenty two. Saturday is going to be a sunny day as well, with a high a forty two. Order the rank direction anyway nineteen. Right now, time for a traffic.
Speaker 14: Update from the UC Health Traffic Center.
Speaker 6: U See Health's a weight loss center offers comprehensive obesity care and advanced surgical expertise called five one three nine three nine two two sixty three. That's nine three nine two two six three. I'm keeping an eye on the slowdowns on the I seventy four eastbound between Coleraine Avenue and Spring Grove Avenue delays as well on seventy one southbound between two seventy five and five for road also be aware of the heavy traffic just in pockets. I'm Heather Pasco on fifty five KRC.
Speaker 14: The talk station.
Speaker 1: It's seven point fifty here. If if you bought KERCD talk station, feel like calling in feel Free. You got a little bit time for the Top of our News, after which it's going to be fun. I'm looking forward to having William Hazelgrove on the program. It's got a new book out Dead Air The Night orson Wells Terrified America. So what an amazing thing that wash And in a world pre social media, just think about our news reporting these days. And I'm old enough to remember when you had CBSNBC and ABC and everybody just sort of intently listened to what Walter cronkit Tech said and took it at face value. That's what you got. You couldn't search for yourself, and he had the opportunity to decide and pick and choose what information you actually got. There was as much information, legislation and issues going on back when Walter Cronkite was giving it to you in a half hour as there is right now, and Lord Almighty, you can't keep track of it with the unlimited resources we now have to access to try to figure out what's going on in the world, truthful or not anyway. So that's gonna be fun after Top of our News. Ratliffe always fun. I heard media aviation expert we're talking about the Thanksgiving holiday week and was it as busy as expected. Someone decided to add up all the passenger miles flown since the last US aviation crash. We'll find out how many miles that is. Spirit Airlines employees are a little upset over executive bonuses as the airline goes into chapter eleven. Yeah, Frontier soon providing premium in first class seats for flyers, as well as a hub delay update with Jay and maybe a curveball or two. He's always ready for it. What again, Thanks? Everybody, need to listener to lunch. It was awesome, wonderful, wonderful time. It was great seeing everybody, and we had a lot of conversations because I've mentioned many times that Keto diet and I kind of want a little bit of modified Keto diet. I only bring it up now because I with RFK Junior, sort of making the America healthier again. The whole idea of bringing to our collective attention. It's kind of like what I was talking about John Houston about adoption. It doesn't get the marketing that it's deserved. You know, there's a huge amount of money bankrolling planned parenthoods. You hear about that all the time. Abortion, of course, now it's fully legal in Ohio, so there are alternatives, but sometimes the message is suppressed a little bit, either for lack of money lack of resources. But in the world of food, you know you can read articles and talk about health, and you know you'll learn about it in school a little bit, although the food pyramid has changed like nineteen times since I was in elementary school. But the idea of process foods and I'm looking forward to having more information brought out to the American public's attention about processed foods. And I saw an article yesterday on Epoch Times. They don't have to go into the details, but you know, the headline was ultra processed food consumption linked to higher muscle fat composition, regardless of calorie intake. So if you're eating natural foods other than those like ultra processed foods like chips and cookies and pre cooked frozen days as were all mentioned as illustrations of ultra processed foods, they're really bad for you. And being on the only reason I bring it up is because you know, I'm not paying that close attention to it. I did pretty much eat anything I wanted before one of this diet, and I was trying to do it in an effort to stave off my cancer, because there's a lot of research that's coming out now about starving cancer if you deprive it of sugars and can go a long way to helping. Like there's been some research studies published, research studies in legitimate you know, like Journal of American Medicine Types Reports, peer reviewed that you can reduce breast cancer tumors and things like that by reducing or completely eliminating your sugar intake. And there's a bunch of different protocols out there, and again I can't go into all the details on it, but watching my sugar intake alone, this diet do yourself a favor if you never pay attention to it. Start reading labels, start just looking at labels. Yes, the bread you eat will convert to sugar, so you know carbs are going to do that anyway. But look at the amount of processed sugar or corn syrup that goes into geez, almost everything.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: You know, a nikita die you can't even have ketchup because it's got a heapload of sugar in it. I know they make no sugar ketchups. Fine that see, there's an alternative to it, But you have to pay attention to what you're eating, So try doing that sometime. I think we'd all do ourselves a favor by reducing our sugar intake collectively. But you know, as much as I may disagree with OURFK Junior on a number of things, most notably his you know, his idea that he believes also that you and I are exiling the planet into oblivion, that's not what his job's going to be. Is job's going to be to sort of raise our collective awareness about healthier food options. You know, you're my listeners, you're my friends. I love each and every one of you, and it just it's I just want to get that out of my system because being on a dial like this it makes you, it forces you to pay attention, and then you're like, holy crap, there is a ton of sugar out there and we don't need it, and we do have a significant obesity problem in this country. So there, let me get it out of my system. I appreciate that, and let's talk about the night orson wells Terrified America with my next guest, William hazel Grove. Right after the news followed by iHeart me the aviation erxpert Jay Ratlip. I hope you can stick around.
Speaker 15: Your voice, refreshing your country for reasonable American fifty five krc D talk station, This.
Speaker 1: Report Dave sponsored Bomb your morning news on the way to work and all day in fault check in throughout the day. Fifty five krc D talk station eight oh five. Here a fifty five krc E talk station. Brian Thomas. Welcoming and I've been looking forward to this discussion all morning. It is a pleasure to have on. William Elliott Hayes grow the national bestselling author of ten novels fourteen narrative nonfiction titles. He was the Ernest Hemingway writer in residence. This is a cool thing. He got to actually write in the attic of Ernest Hemingway's birthplace. He's written articles for like every major news outlet, USA Today, Smithsonian Magazine, and a whole bunch of other publications. He's been featured on NPR, New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Chicago Tribune. I could go on, but I want to talk about his new book Dead Air The Night orson Wells Terrified America. William hazel Grove. It is a pleasure heavy on the fifty five KRSE Morning Show.
Speaker 3: Oh thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: I'm familiar with this story. I've seen the movie. I've seen the original movie, I saw the remake of it. I've also seen the sort of documentary movie about the chaos that ensued as a consequence of hgu Wells airing this on air radio play War of the Worlds with nineteen thirty eight. I guess, as you point out October thirtieth, Halloween Eve, But I want you to set the stage for my listeners for an understanding of how this was such a widespread radio show. It was a play on the air. They had actors doing different parts, sound effects, all that live in studio at CBS Studio in New York. What was the nature of radio back then? Because right now, of course, anybody can get any program anywhere in the world with the Internet. But I was wondering was this a syndicated thing that it went across to America? I mean, was the power feed from CBS New York City's radio studio so big like our local station LW that it went on over multiple states? How did this program get out?
Speaker 3: Oh? Well, you know a great question. Actually they had one hundred and twenty six affiliates at the time, went across the country. So you know, that's the first misnomer about this War of the worlds that people think, oh, it's just restricted to the East coast. That's just not true. It went right across the country and was picked up by all these stations. And you know, again, I when I wrote this book, I did by newspapers. I used the research of all these news verys and all these small towns. The panic just emanated out and so they were literally running for the hills in California, Missouri, you know, all the way down to the south, down in Mississippi. It was just you know, it traveled across the country. As he said, radio was a new medium at this time that you know, everybody had a station. Because what it happened was it's a dayton Land crisis with Hitler wanting to invade Czechoslovakia. It just occurred two weeks before. Said there was these breaking news bulletins going off all the time, and and Wells used that in his show. He used breaking news bulletins. He made it as realistic as possible, and he listened to it today even today. But so I had someone, so listen to it. You think it's actual news. Yeah, you know, you know Martians Lady.
Speaker 1: Now, in terms of HGUS at the time, I guess he was an unknown entity. Im minorities what hjewels and up accomplishment but accomplishing. But at this time was was he a newbie kind of guy that nobody ever heard of?
Speaker 3: Oh you mean Orton?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Uh, he had some fame, he had been he had produced these two plays. Uh, he only had about a million listeners. But on this night, because his show was a sustaining program, he didn't have a sponsor, a right sort of for it was for the good of the country, right, They had this thing then, and so the the you know, playing at the same time was to Charlie McCarthy hour, Edgarburg and Charlie McCarthy, which had twelve million listeners. Okay, so what happens during during the Charlie McCarthy hour, they go to Nelson Edia singer and guess what happens with What happens now everybody started surfing the dial and they ended up on War of the World in Progress. After the station you know, identification and everyone it's like, oh my god, you know, and growers. And in New Jersey, our Martians have landed and you know they're using poison gas and heat raising, killing everybody, and you know, so Wells got supercharged that night. Also, radios in Carns had just become a thing. You know, all these cars now had radios, and this was a very new phenomenon, you know, driving around with a car radio. So people in the cars for the first time, we're hearing this, and they started just driving like maniacs. The police didn't know what was going on. Everybody started speeding, getting accidents and going through red lights and you know, not stopping for anything. So it was a kind of perfect storm, you know, on this this October thirtieth, nineteen thirty eighth that this you know, broadcast took hold and was like a tsunami of terror across the country.
Speaker 1: Now before the terror started breaking out in the panic in the streets and blah blah blah, it's my understanding, correct me if I'm wrong. Though, at some point Orson Wells was told that, dude, you've got to let the world know that this isn't real and that you are broadcasting a play. So he interrupted the show to and make that announcement. Is that part of my recollection? Correct?
Speaker 3: Actually what happened is Wells is doing the show. A guy named Davison Taylor, a CBS executive, starts getting all these calls saying where do we go? The martians are abating, where's can we do? And they realize whoa, this thing's out of control. He then leaves the control room and tries to get in the studio. John Houseman, Orson Wall's partner holds the door shut won't let him in because they know what they're doing. Right. So then the police arrive and they come into the control room. Well sees them and they try getting the studio and John Houston doesn't let them. Why because Wells wants to get to the eight thirty eight minute mark where who has to take a station break? So for thirty eight minutes after the initial intro, okay, there's no break, and by the way, we're the worlds. The first half is where ever everything happens. The second half of the snooze just Wells walking around saying, isn't this terrible to airthless concenrit But the first half is all the fireworks.
Speaker 4: Oh wow?
Speaker 3: Well Orson knew exactly what he was doing. You know, he was he asked, he was you know, he's that kind of guy who would ask you to look through his telescope and say do you see these stars? And then thumpy on the head and safety as see him. Now. I mean, he's that kind of you know.
Speaker 1: Now, did he okay? And so that's kind of the predicate. So he obviously was obstruction and obstructionist in and stopping it while it was going on real time? I get that part. But did he know? Do you think he knowe? Or is there any reports that he knew in advance that it was going to cause this type of reaction.
Speaker 3: I don't think he thought the explosion would be as big as it did. But Wells was determined. He had studied the Hindenburg recording when HINDEMBERG crash w L Chicago had an on the spot reporter who freaked out, and so well studied that and so in his the guy named Carl Reddick is on the spot reporter with the Martians. The Martians come out of their cylinder and they zapp him and kill him on the air. And my book's called you know, Dead Air and the reason for all that is because then Wells in the studio holds up his arms for everybody, everybody, musicians, the actors, everybody to not say a word. And as you know, dead air on the radio is just taboo. Well for six seconds he holds that silence, as says, after this reporter dies on the air, people freaked out. They thought, oh my god, we just heard this guy get Zapp.
Speaker 1: And he died. Oh right, it'd be like right in the middle, like you mentioned the Henburg all the humanity, the humanity and then gone.
Speaker 3: Exactly he made he made radio part of the play. He took he wrote the third wall. We're used to that now, you know, you see House of Cards, all sudden Kevin Space will turn and talk to the camera. That's what we was did with this. Suddenly radio was part of the drama.
Speaker 1: Well, in terms of the reaction, okay, we know this set up. Now, we know he knew at some point that people were going crazy thinking this was true. I note that the military actually also got involved. We had actual our armed forces reacted on some level to this, believing it to be true as well.
Speaker 3: Absolutely what happened was they had to put out a release telling the armed forces this isn't this isn't real, This doesn't happening. And because people kept saying, I heard the President says, well Orson had this actor imitate the Interior secretary the Interior and he said.
Speaker 2: You know what, you know what to do.
Speaker 3: This guy did a dead on a Fdr. Frankelin Dollan and Roosevelt with all the speech tags and you listen to this now and you're like, oh, that's Roosevelt. So people are like, I heard the President say this, the Martians have incinerated our army, you know, it was own compression. Suddenly we're you know, eight thousand men got killed, and then we're with a bomber pilot who's died by me on the Martians. I mean it's almost a minute. So when people panicked, they lost their sense of time because later people said, well, how can anybody believe that all that could happen? But you know, people weren't thinking, and Wells was brilliant because here's the thing you want to know. This is a broadcast, and a broadcast it starts with dinner music at a hotel in New York. Then they cut from that to we've got breaking news. Something's crashed and Grover's in New Jersey, and then back to the dinner music, then back to the new you know, New Jersey. We've got breaking news. The Martians are out and the shooting people of the heat rate. So people, once you bought into the music, you thought, okay, this is real, and then okay, this is real. So you know you were in the tunnel, and then it.
Speaker 2: Was off to the races.
Speaker 1: Oh my word, and it's and you know, my my brain, I logical, reasonable brain. That again, I'm surrounded by like nine thousand different news resources. I never believe anything when I first read it. I want to go out in the world and look around to see if there's any credibility associated with whatever random person says something. But you mentioned the it's just the infancy of radio. Even car radios are new. What about the idea of just changing the station to see if anybody else is reporting about the world coming to an end and if you don't hear it elsewhere, doesn't that sort of reduce the credibility of what's going on in CBS at that moment?
Speaker 3: Well, you know this happened, people started surfing down. But if you've ever been in a truly panic situation. You start doing strange things. Little things become very hard to do. I put in the key in your car, start in your car.
Speaker 2: Well people did.
Speaker 3: They started to surf it down. Radio reception was iffy, especially in cars.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: So there's a general with his wife in the Redwood forest in California. They hear the broadcasts, They try and get anication. They can't pick anything up. Oh my god, the markets have knocked everybody up there. They run out of gas in the woods. They sit there and wait to get incinerated by the Martians. I mean, so this happened people, because I just got named Cantrell, who did a big report on this too, you know, immediately after it happened. He was a Yale professor and he interviewed all these people and that was one of the questions, Well then you go on the down and said, yeah, we did, but we you know, we couldn't find anything else going on, or you know, some people said they did find other people reporting on also too. Terror was spread by the phone. People kind of phone said, you know, Aunt Martha, you know the world's ending. The Martians have come. And then so they said the footspoorts and Manhattan, which are half block long just lit up, just totally lit up. So it was being disseminated to other people who never heard the broadcast. So it takes on that, you know, yeah, yeah, that our fact, and everybody starts running, people running the theater saying it's the end of the world. They're running the churches, ants the end of the world. People are confessing to affairs to their lives that you know, I got to tell you, you know the broadcast, Oh.
Speaker 1: My god, how do you laugh about it now? But I can only imagine the panic and the terror? Well was there any actual death? It seemed to recall the movie about the Panic. There was a scene where there was a father who was getting ready to shoot his children before the Martians were able to get him, sort of like to you know, stop the tragedy with a tragedy. Did anybody actually die as a consequence of this broadcast?
Speaker 3: Okay? It was a very famous story of a man commit him and his wife is sitting at the kitchen table with a vial of arsenic you know, who's going to kill herself And he said, what are you doing? She said, I'd rather go this way than by the Martians. But as far as actual death. Two years after this, Arsenalos is on a barn tour. He goes into hotel cancers of another general. A man attacks him viciously. They pulled him off, and the man's screen time said, I flow, I'd kill you if I ever saw you. They do an investigation and find out his wife did commit suicide on the night of the broadcast.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll tell you what, William Hazel grow It has been a real pleasure talking with you about this amazing story here on the fifty five KRC Morning Show. Well, your book is linked on my blog page. My listener's going to go to fifty five KRC dot com to get a copy of Dead Air the Night that orson Wells Terrified America. William, Great job man. I just liked the thrilling conversation. And thanks for writing the book. It's going to be a real treat to read.
Speaker 3: Oh great, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: My Pleasure man, My Pleasure eight nineteen fifty five kr SE the talk station Power of Media. I guess it still exists in some degree. Don't go away coming up. I heeart mediaviation expert Jay Ratliff. At the bottom of the Hour'll be right back.
Speaker 6: Fifty five KRC A you line traffic between Norwood Lateral and the Reiking Highway.
Speaker 14: I'm Heather Pasco on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: A twenty eight on a Friday eve.
Speaker 2: Woo.
Speaker 1: Always enjoy this time because a good friend iHeartMedia aviation expert ja I Love joins the program. Talk about a whole slew of things. Man, we got a lot to talk about this morning. Jay, welcome back to the program, and I hope you are in a festive holiday spirit this time of year.
Speaker 11: I'm in kind of a feisty mood, so yeah, I'm more than I am more than ready.
Speaker 16: For our time. My challenge with you, my friend.
Speaker 11: Is just to bring my a game to keep up with you, because you know, I do fifteen hundred of these a year, and a lot of times the people I'm talking to around the country, it's.
Speaker 16: They asked the question, they wait for their response.
Speaker 11: It's so engaging when you and I talk, and it's hard to it's it's hard and challenging sometimes to keep up with you. And I love it because rarely do I get that.
Speaker 1: So well, You're great at it, man, I wouldn't be so enthusia about this segment. If you were some monotone sort of guy reading the news kind of stuff, That's why I enjoy our discussions. You don't have to worry about boundaries or limits and go anywhere you hell the hell you want, you know, and you.
Speaker 11: Have a sense of humor, which is good. I love working with Jim Scott for ten years. And one year he asked me on the air, Jay Man, how do you.
Speaker 1: Know all this?
Speaker 16: I said, Jim, what, I don't know?
Speaker 11: I make up And there's this pause of like five seconds and I said, Jim, I'm kidding, so you know, so you and I can laugh, and good lord, I've missed Jim so much.
Speaker 16: But it's just, you know, I love our time together Brian, and I hope it shows.
Speaker 1: It does and I love it. I love it as much. I hope it shows to you too. So let us discuss actually a new addition to the already lengthy list of things today. I'm not sure if we'll get it all in. But the airlines were in front of the Senate yesterday.
Speaker 16: Oh yeah, that was a good one.
Speaker 11: We had the Senate grilling five airline executives over their practices and their airline fees and their seat fees. And when all this was set up, I'm thinking, Okay, come on, guys, this is posturing. All you're doing is these are photo ops. Because if anybody talks about how glorious it is to fly, how wonderful it is to fly, they're obviously lying because you and I've talked about you don't enjoy travel, you endure it. And the Senate panel was up there talking to these airline executives and of course they were grilling them over the seat fees and things that were their costs of business and how their business operations were. And I really think the government has z row zero zero role in that. But what I did find interesting was when they were talking about like Frontier and Spirit. Oh I love this exchange where they said, why are you incentivizing your gate agents to find bags that are too big so they have to be charged a carry on fee? Because Spirit and Frontier have paid out in incentives.
Speaker 16: Now, remember these.
Speaker 11: Are people that don't make a lot of money working for the airlines, right, twenty six million dollars in like two years, wow, because they give them like ten bucks a bag if you find something that's too big, We'll give you ten bucks of the thirty, forty fifty whatever that ends up being charged. So they're actually out there out they're looking for bags they're too big.
Speaker 1: Do you find you Do you have any problem with them doing that?
Speaker 3: Do you.
Speaker 11: As far as incentives?
Speaker 3: Absolutely not right.
Speaker 1: Because they're forcing the rules that are on the books anyway, you're not supposed to have a book a bag that's beyond X number of size. The employees are helping the company meet its objectives. They're helping them earn the money that they're entitled to because of the rules that you agree to when you agree to fly on that airline. So bully for them.
Speaker 11: Well, you know the thing that I just it amaze me watching the United CEO the frontier that not a single one of them and all that I reviewed, and I didn't see every single second, but none of them said, Look, our number one objective is to push that airplane back on time period. That's where our money is made. And if we have a bag that's too big, if we miss something, we jeopardize that flight leaving on time. So therefore, we're going to incentivize our agents to get out there and look for things that could potentially delay our flight. That's where the focus should have been. But they were trying to play along, skip along, whatever. And I'm just thinking, guys, you just go that they'd gone straight to the matter, because I would have told every one of the senators, Look, you want your flight to be on time, right, so if we do everything within our power to do so, you're going to be happy, right. And I would have shoved it right back in their face and say, this is how we accomplish that. Because passengers bring bags that are too big. We've got to do this passengers. All of the things that could have been addressed, But the bottom line is the Trump administration, if it's anything like Round one, they're going to back off. They're going to let the airlines do whatever they want to do. So I think a lot of this stuff that's been being pushed right now is that is not going to continue. And that's sad because I've told you I the Bideen administration, it can't the end of it cannot get here too soon today. But I do appreciate the fact that they were hard on the airlines. They held them accountable, they made sure that they did everything they could to help push them towards better customer service, and.
Speaker 16: I will forever be thankful for that. And it's just I don't know.
Speaker 11: I see so much of this as just the typical political you know, the games they play, so they've got sound bites for their commercials and all the other crap that goes on. And it's sad to me thinking that the airlines are gonna return to a time when you know. But look, you and I both agree.
Speaker 16: Bright.
Speaker 11: I think I speak for you that airlines they can do business any way they want and if people don't like it, guess what. They're gonna fly another carrier. The free market will determine what takes place, and please get out of our face.
Speaker 1: Amen. And I guess I'm under the I think safe presumption. Again, you're the expert on this, and if you don't know the answer, just make it up.
Speaker 16: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: I'm under the impression that most people follow the rules. So it's the guys who refuse to follow the rules that show up with an oversized bag. Obviously it's not gonna fit in the overhead bind it's not gonna fit underneath under the seat in front of you. So they're gonna stop. They're gonna have to tag it. They're gonna put you know, everybody in standing in line trying to get onto the airplane. This is the delay you're talking about. Those people are fewer then the people who mind the rules. So this is like trying to create a villain in the airlines for providing this incentive, where there is They're not a villain. There is the only group of constituents out there that would benefit from this attack and maybe getting rid of this incentive are people who want to carry on oversize bags.
Speaker 11: And we can call those the minority, right, so we could call it like the EPA checks we used to have here in the city of While where you had to prove and like only three percent of the cars failed or whatever. Okay, wait a minute, why are we continuing to do this? And that's exactly the point. But you know a lot of people push back on airlines and I've told you I'm not ever encouraging people to do this. But when you show up at the gate instead of paying to check your bag at the counter, a lot of people drag that bag to the gate. And when the airline says we're super full today, if anybody would be kind enough to let us check their bag. We'll do it for free. Okay, take my four bags and then boom. You didn't have to pay a penny in the check bag fees. Now, I'm not telling people to do that. They do that all the time, and you know, if it saves them money, I guess they figure it's an okay thing to do.
Speaker 1: Fair Enough, we got more topics talk about with I heart Media aviation next for Jay Rattless. So please don't go away, We'll be right back. Fifty five KRC, Would and Living Attorneys.
Speaker 6: At seventy one seventy five southbound slows from the Lachland Split to Town Street. I'm Heather Pasco on fifty five KRC.
Speaker 14: The talk station.
Speaker 1: You ever been in the cockpit before? Jay Raytliff has It's a thirty nine on a Friday Eve. I heard media aviation next for Jay rattlerf all right. So we were talking in advance of the Thanksgiving holiday how busy it was going to be, and so how did it turn out in terms of airline travel and travel generally speaking? Was it as bad as everybody was talking about?
Speaker 2: Well, it was.
Speaker 11: I always look at the number of people flying and that is indicative many times of the challenges or the success we had. Typically, the Sunday after Thanksgiving is the busiest travel day of the year and we get every day from the TSA the number of screen passengers.
Speaker 16: That they had.
Speaker 11: And actually on the Sunday after Thanksgiving, we did see a record number of travelers. It was over three million people that we had traveling. It was a record for the year. That was the most that we had. But the second busiest day is typically and always the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. So when you go back and look at the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, Brant that number was lower than what we expected. In fact, it was probably number fifteen or sixteen ranking wise in the quarter alone had nowhere near a record number of any kind, and a lot of that had to do with the weather and the number of delayed and canceled flights. So as the week progressed, we were fighting weather delays that caused a lot of problems. Delayed a lot of people, had people traveling on different days, canceling their reservations, all kinds of things. So even though we ended the Thanksgiving holiday week on a record as expected, the Sunday after Thanksgiving, as we tend to do.
Speaker 16: Every year.
Speaker 11: The other days that we had of the week, we're a little bit subdued, and that's because we were fighting some weather issues and fortunately it improved. Is that weekend God here because we needed that. But some people it was Monday or Tuesday before they could get home because of some of the flights had been canceled, so it was a challenge. Now airlines made money, and they made quite a bit of it because this is their super Bowl week, the busiest travel week of the year, and they can charge higher fares, and it ticks us off when they do, but there's nothing we can do about it other than after the first of the year. A lot of people are looking at making next year's reservations.
Speaker 16: Buy them.
Speaker 11: If you know you're going to be flying, grab the trip cancelation insurance, lock in those super low fares, and then you're guarded against any future rating creation. That's what the savvy travelers do that every year that they fly, they say, look, I know what I'm flying. I'm going to buy them as far in advance as i can. Yes, I'll get nine million flight schedule changes once they make my reservation, But who cares. I've locked in a lower fare and if it's the two entities, I want to pay the less two. I've told you, Brian, it's airlines in the irs. So if I can pay early to pay the airlines less, you better believe it. I'm going to do that every single chance I.
Speaker 1: Get, every chance you get. All right, Well, you always emphasize how safe airline travel is. I mean, notwithstanding the fact that Boeing has doors blowing off the aircraft and crazy stuff happens, but overall it is a very safe means of travel. You know, compared to automobiles and pretty much any other form, you're probably less likely to get killed in an airline crash. So apparently somebody added up all the passenger miles flown since the last crash. What is the total on that one, Jay.
Speaker 16: Yeah, this goes back.
Speaker 11: Got a fifty seven hundred and some days. The last airline crash we had was the Colgan Air crash in Buffalo killed fifty people February twelve, two thousand and nine. So someone who obviously and clearly had way too much time on their hands did add up all the number.
Speaker 16: Of passengers who've.
Speaker 11: Flown since then and the miles they've flown going back to that crash comes out to thirteen point three trillion miles. In other words, two light years if you know what that means. And of course I don't know what a light year is, but here's what I do understand. It's the same number of miles that would be accumulated if you and I again, this is the number of miles flown safely since the last aviation crash here in the United States. You and I could go to the moon and back twenty eight million times.
Speaker 16: That's how big of a number it is.
Speaker 11: So when when I say you're in a lot more danger getting to the airport then you're going to be getting on a plane, it's because, as I've said so many times before, and we've talked about this for years, we're enjoying, thank god, the safest air ever of commercial jet travel. And that's because we have better technology. You have better training, The pilots have more at their disposal than ever in history. We've got mechanics, air traffic controllers. Everybody's doing their job on the ground in the skies. And you know, the only danger is if we start to become a little complacent, and that's where the Boeing conversation begins and.
Speaker 16: I have not had enough coffee for that one.
Speaker 11: But amazing when you look at just how safe aviation is. And Brian, I remember when I got started in the eighties, we had we had them every year and the question was how many are we going to have this year? We knew we were gonna have accidents, we knew they're going to be fatalities, and this is back in eighty one eighty two, and it was a matter of how many are we gonna have this year? It was it was never a even though we wanted it a foregone conclusion, you know, could we have fewer or maybe none this year? But every when you look back at the history of aviation, sadly it's a reality that seemed to always creep up. A lot of it had to do with pilot there. And thank god for the NTSB, the National Transportation Safety Board, are the all stars because every single accident or near accident, they would try to glean from that the mistake or mistakes were made, enhancements that could be made, and they would pass those on as recommendations to the Federal Aviation Administration, saying here's our suggestions, twenty three ways where you can make aviation safer. Now, my arivation is the FA might take one or two of those only implement them into new changes. But Brian, from every single accident or near accident, we've made aviation safer. When we had the horrific crash of Air Canada back here in the eighties of at CBGYE, the NTSB came up, I think with twenty six different recommendations on how to make aviation safer. Many of those were implemented after that crash and the lives that were lost, and you're always wanting to learn from the crash so that any lives lost, we can honor the memory of those that we did lose by making aviation safer. And that's what they've done, year after year after year, and thirteen point three trillion miles. That's alone a lot more than my little brain. And I deal with numbers all the time, build numbers that big.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, I know, But like time I mentioned you know a trillion dollars in debt or a billion dollars spent, I always try to express it in terms of thousands of millions, so you know you got a billion, it's a thousand stacks of a million. A trillion is a thousand stacks of a billion. It tends to put things in perspective. So I appreciate your going to the moon and back parallel on that figure. Let's pause.
Speaker 16: It helps us.
Speaker 11: Well, it's like the national debt right now, Yes, exactly is thirty six trillion. And it's such a big number. People don't understand it. But if you sat there and went one, two, three, four in every second had a number, it would take you a million years to get to thirty six trillion. Yes, that's how big that number is.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm gonna get your blood pressure.
Speaker 16: Yes, just well, yeah, pushing all my button and.
Speaker 1: You're gonna you're gonna stay I see on behalf of the Spirit Airline employees. I think I understand why they are as you described, furious. We'll bring Jay back for a couple more topics. Hang on, it's eight forty six, i'f be right back fifty five the talk station the half hour with that Jay Rattliff. I forced them to stay on for the whole time. Just these topics are great Spirit aeroloids. I think their employees are legitimately and the word you chose furious explain to my listeners what justifies their anger.
Speaker 11: Well, you talk about how Spirit Airlines, which has gone into Chapter eleven bankruptcy. But before they they made that leap Brian, they started laying off a lot of other pilots, some ground personnel. They were selling off their airplanes. They were obviously in a lot of trouble. They tried they were going to merge with Frontier, backed off of that, tried to merge with Jet Blue, was denied. They went back to Frontier. Frontier said no, we're not gonna merge with you. So they're trying to make it on their own. So they're selling off all of this, laying off employees. And then it's found out after the paperwork comes out on the Chapter eleven bankruptcy filings, because it's all right there that just before the airline filed for Chapter eleven bankruptcy, they paid up five point three million dollars in retention awards to five of their upper executives of the airline.
Speaker 16: Now, imagine being laid.
Speaker 11: Off, trying to figure out what you're gonna do with your family for Christmas, and finding out that one of the people used to work for was part of a five point three million dollar bonus that was awarded before the airline filed Chapter eleven bankruptcy. Now, Brian, all the years I was in the industry, especially at Northwest Airlines, I was in management, used to butt heads daily with my union friends, and I was never considered a union kind of guy ever. But I tell you, when I see this kind of stuff where executives get this kind of money, when they are the ones responsible for the airline being driven into Chapter eleven bankruptcy, it makes me want to lose my mind because I'm thinking, but that's corporate America, and that's one of the reasons I couldn't wait to get away from it all those years ago, and it still.
Speaker 1: Bugs me to this day, I imagine so well, anyhow, I'm still sorry for them. Not the airline executive is naturally Frontier taking an upgrade move here. They're going to provide premium first class seats.
Speaker 11: Now, yep, I love Frontier. Remember they're the carrier that came here first, bringing their one flight to day from Dayton to Denver down to Cincinnati. When people said, you're crazy, that's where low cost carriers go to die. You'll never make it. Frontier flourished. Here comes Allegiant, Southwest moves our operation from Dayton. I love Frontier, and what they've said is, look, some of our customers are saying they'd like premium seats. So what they're going to do is they're on their low cost carrier Airbus Aircraft. The first two roads are going to be first class. And what they're saying is we're hearing what our passengers want. But they're also following the lead up. Remember Southwest Airlines is going to go to assigned seats and have some premium or coach plus seats. You've got other low cost carriers looking at this.
Speaker 16: Now.
Speaker 11: Frontier says, look, our numbers say, if we give our travelers first class, we're gonna have ational revenue in twenty twenty six to two hundred and fifty million dollars. They think in twenty twenty eight that additional revenue because of those premium seats that are going to be a little bit more expensive than the typical Frontier seat, it's going to be five hundred million dollars in revenue in twenty twenty eight. So they're going to be giving passengers what they're asking for. They're going to make more money as a result, and to fly a low cost carrier with a first class option. I love that because what you're doing is you're giving the passenger more options. You don't have to sit there. But like every other carrier, they're saying, we can really make some good money here by making this option available for passengers. And I tell you it's a move that from the low cost carrier side, airlines are shifting in that direction. Spirit Airlines was also a carrier that's decided to do that, which is a long overdue that's going to help them type of move. I wish they had done it years before.
Speaker 1: Well, it takes it takes a little bit of that budget stereotype off of the airline by having that option. And you know, if you want you want to stretch your leg out and still get a discount flight, it sounds like a great idea to me.
Speaker 16: All Right, you're gonna be.
Speaker 11: On the premium if youre's gonna be up front. You know a lot of people take take the bulkhead rows like we do on those carriers. Sure, so you've got that extra leg room, but to have a slightly bigger seat, oh my gosh, yeah, sign me up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no doubt about it, especially given the spillover effects some flyers have into your seat. Leave it at that, And as next to.
Speaker 16: My wife, Sherry, I'm always in good shape.
Speaker 3: I know you are.
Speaker 1: See that you married out of your element, you got kicked your coverage taking good.
Speaker 16: I'm so far I'm married so far above my I know you're exactly right.
Speaker 1: I know you and I both acknowledge that on a regular basis as well we should. And it's smart advice to men out there who are considering a spouse, marry out of your league, oh big time. The more the better of delays. What's going on out there in the world of travel today, Jay, A lot of.
Speaker 11: Wind and weather towards the northeast, Washington, d C. New York, especially Boston's getting pounded right now. We're sending quite a few delays up there that sadly, are going to last throughout.
Speaker 16: The rest of the day.
Speaker 11: Anything south, anything west, very good shape. I don't think you're going to see much as far as any other than minor morning the icing delays, but those aren't too much. But the real headaches, obviously, Brian today are.
Speaker 1: Going to be the Northeast, as always, wonderful having you on the fifty five Cascity Morning Show Jay Ratliffe, and looking forward to next Thursday and another enjoyable conversation. Best of health and love you and your better half. Have a wonderful weekend, my friend.
Speaker 16: You too, my friend.
Speaker 1: Thank you a fifty five fifty five KR City Talk station wonderful conversation with tennant governor