Speaker 1: This is the in This League Fantasy podcast network, In This League Fantasy Baseball podcast online at in this League dot Com. Now here's your host, Bogman and the Welsh.
Speaker 2: What's up, Fringdals, Welcome into the in This League Fantasy Baseball Podcast. It's Bogman, it's the Welsh, and it is post trade deadline world, where today we're going to be looking at the latest news going around baseball and the repercussions of the trade deadline. What do some of these lineups look like? What are some of the rotations look like? Maybe some of the players in the production that we've seen, where's that working out platoons? We just have a better idea, So we're going to talk through lineups and rotations after the deadline. We'll look at some two star pitchers and all of of course the latest news and notes. If you guys want to sport you boys, go to in this League dot Com. In this League dot Com that is our Patreon where you can get the top five hundred prospects, top four hundred, Dynasty everything else in between their group rooms, people talking baseball, people doing all this stuff and things. Also the same support for prospect one is there You just want to support what Bog and I are doing very much.
Speaker 3: Appreciate it.
Speaker 2: When baseball season kind of comes to a close, that support is even more important. So go to end this league dot com. Sign up today in this league dot com Bogs, I had not even realized this obligatory CBS comment. This is my heavy time of CBS Sports HQ. By the way, July and August they love me there they exist after that. July and August is my like. They have me do lots of work. And I did a hit last night, and the first one was and it kind of coincided because you and I actually, about thirty minutes or well in between our recording here, we're gonna be doing a VP show on MLB Futures, and so the notes they sent me for the show coincided with me prepping for our betting pro show. And all of this to say, I did not realize until yesterday that this is the first time and god knows how long show he Atani is essentially even money.
Speaker 3: You can get him even money at books for MVP.
Speaker 2: Because Shohotani and PCA are neck and neck with each other not minus won ten in both spots.
Speaker 3: They're right there.
Speaker 2: They both went double dong, which, so tell me about this. Otani and pa Yeah, went yard against left handed pitchers and you get me in.
Speaker 3: The first inning. So apparently, uh show hey and PCA leadoff hitters going yard in the first against lefties, both lefties against lefties was the first time in Major League history, which I cannot believe that this is real, but Elias Sportsbureau put it out yesterday that is the first time ever that leadoff hitters both went yard against left handed starters in the same game to start the game. So, I mean, I was at an even weirder one and I had to look up which Opening day was. It was two thousand and nine, where I think you were with me. The we saw leadoff homers. Uh by, I'm sorry. We saw homers from both sides of the plate from two switch hitters on the same team for the first time in opening day history.
Speaker 2: So I gott guess who it is. Hold on, I gotta guess what is so two switch hitters. Was the team the Cubs, No, it was it was the d Backs. No, No, But who were the two teams it was?
Speaker 3: I think I think they're playing the Podres, But I don't remember.
Speaker 2: So this was a Padre switch hitter and a diamondback switch hitter.
Speaker 3: Nope, it was two diamondback switch hitters, both yard from either side of the plate on opening day in two thousand and nine, first base and second base for the d Backs. I think you'll get first base. I don't think. Oh nope, uh nope, I'm not gonna get either one. Okay, I'll give you. I'll give you initials tc TC is the first base, yes, Tony Clark. Oh okay, duh, stupid me, Tony Clark, little or fl at second base?
Speaker 2: Francisco indoor nolz yeahplay Lopez.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, that was I remember that because I remember seeing it like on Sports Center or whatever that night, and it was the first time in major league history. But I can't this is a crazy stat to never have happened in the hundreds of thousands of games likely played in baseball history. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And also, these guys both hit two homers yesterday. They were double dogging it. And then so then when my study started to go in here because I'm doing the show, and it was actually really astute point from the host that was on there of saying and then I.
Speaker 3: Made a really good point, by the way, but.
Speaker 2: They were like, should we consider the defensive metrics of Pete kroh Armstrong a lot more win playing this game because Pete kroh Armstrong. So check this out, Peter Armstrong, I think this updated last night, So forgive me if it's like a or two off. But pek Armstrong has a seven point five or had last night a seven point five war that, my friends, is almost two full points higher than the next hitter. I believe the next hitter was five point seven. That's absurd. Now, Shoeyotani the combined hitter and pitcher war, and I like, I use that because I think war is an important factor from an overall perspective.
Speaker 3: Obviously, like there's.
Speaker 2: So many other things, but like war is gonna come into it when you're looking at like awards and stuff like that, how is that player most valuable statistically? Like, actually, I think war is going to really be an interesting battle in the inn a rookie race because Jijit Weatherhold is like he's just fallen out of the top ten of war, but it's statistically he's been He's been fine. But salth Stewart is gonna have like one hundred and twenty RBI and he's gonna have thirty plus homers. But he's only like a he's like two points of war lower. All right, So getting back to it, six point four is the combined war for Sho Haotani between hitter and pitcher. He's been good, but you have a full point higher for Pete kroh Armstrong. And nobody has a higher defensive metric rating than Pete k Armstrong in baseball, so he has the highest defensive And my argument in there, I said, it's really funny we're having this conversation because last year we had this as an anti conversation around Kyle Rawley, Kyle Rally going against Aaron Judge. Everybody was, you know, Judge is great, but look at Kyl Rawley. It's sixty homers.
Speaker 3: It's just another thing.
Speaker 2: But he had one of the worst negative He was a negative war guy. Defensively, he was so so it wasn't defending Aaron Judges, this great defender. It was saying, Kyl Rawley is such a bad defender with these stats, maybe we need to look against it. Okay, if we have that same energy, should we be looking at Pete K. H Armstrong higher because he is not only number one and war in baseball, he's number number one defensively in WAR and he's putting, He's gonna put up potentially a thirty five to thirty five maybe even a forty forty season.
Speaker 3: I think if PCA continues like that to the end of the season, he wins probably without much question. I think the reason why it's even right now is because PCA has been streaky in his you know, limited career so far, He's been very streaky. So if he goes on one of those downstreaks and Otani is not pitching but still killing the ball, They're probably still going to give it to Atani. But I do think that, you know, we know, with everything, you get voter fatigue and people are tired of voting for Otani for MVP. So I think if it's close at all, it's going to go towards U PCA. So if PCA keeps it up, I think he's the MVP. But if he has a bad September or you know, starts to slow down now and has like a bad six weeks to end, I think it's still going to Tani. So that I think that's it. I think if if it ended today, it'd be PCA wins. By the way, this.
Speaker 2: Has updated now it is a seven point eight war that is more than two full points higher than the next player in baseball. This might be unpopular, bogs. I think it's still shoo Tani and they're even money. I think it like because if you also take out like that, just the war for a second, which isn't everything. Like, they're not going to just pick the guy with the best wins above replacement whatever. It's got to be the whole package. And to be fair, Otani not pitching right now hurts statistically from an offensive standpoint. It's not like he's been like the best. I mean, we've seen him be dramatically better. He's really cut down his he's really cut down his stolen bases. He's got twenty six homers, the same as as PCA, only six stolen bases. But my argument is that he still is a three war pitcher. He's a two way player. He the Dodgers are on a six game losing streakers we're recording this. They can't pick up wins, and he has been banged up and injured, and he's still carrying this team as the most valuable player on this Dodger team, and it's a public award. Now, maybe there's a little push against because it's a Dodger and they bought all these players, these type of things, there could be voter fatigue for. But it's like he was one of the best pitchers in baseball for the first two months, then he got banged up. He's still hitting and he's still on track to be like a three hundred thirty five. Got a little bit more work to do if he's gonna get to one hundred hundred. But you know, if Pete Crow, I mean, because Pete Crow is not gonna probably get to a hundred RBI, probably gets to one hundred runs. I just think the hitting and pitching side will be a favor.
Speaker 3: But what I think is this will be super close.
Speaker 2: I think it'll be the closest we've seen and I think Shohio Tani will just get the edge on on Pete Crow Armstrong unless something dramatic happens, like an injury. But if they both keep the similar pace, I still think this is going to Otani. And I'm gonna take that over to our VP show because when the last time you got Otani at like relatively.
Speaker 3: I that point, I definitely agree with, Like, if you can get Otani anywhere close to even money, and you obviously he can win the MVP's done a bunch of times, then yes, go get him. But I will firmly disagree that if they both continue at this pace at the end of the year, because I think if you ended it today, I think PCA wins. If you ended it right now, I think they would they would give it to PCA. So I think if they continue, it will be PCA because of all the things that you mentioned, the vote fort the fact that Otani's on the Dodgers, the fact that he can't pitch anymore this season most likely, so all of that stuff, I think that I think people just want to see someone else win the award, so in the writers specifically, so I would say PCA, but we can talk more about that on VP.
Speaker 2: But crazy kind of just stuff overall from that very very interesting market, not like a betting thing here, but I thought that was an appropriate jump in. Also George Lombard, George Lombard gets called up by the Yankees, makes his major league debut, hits a homer in his first game. Also had like two defensive runs save in his first outing, which is a Anthony Volpi against thing hits the homer the two biggest notes the funnest things about this. He hits a homer on the same night his brother, high school draftee makes his major league debut, who also hits a debut made sure yeah, I'm sorry, pro debut. They both made their debut. Their father, George Lombard, who's like a I think a bench coach or whatever for the Tigers, got to take the day off and see watch George in the stands while watching on his phone.
Speaker 3: Jacob.
Speaker 2: But that home run ball was almost in Zach Campbell's mitt and he couldn't get it, and another dad did and they gave it back to George Lombard.
Speaker 3: Zach Zach Hampbell is the Khaki shorts door who goes around getting every homer. Yep, okay about that. I hate that we know his name. Yeah, I just yeah, it's just not my thing. You can give me space to rant. I'm not gonna ran anymore. I thought I was. Actually that's what I was doing. I thought you were. I know, I'm not gonna do it. I just that's annoying, that's all. That's hard. It's annoying.
Speaker 2: We heard an interesting thing Adam mccalvey MLB dot com said in the you know, lots of conversation around the Schooble trade and stuff, and we're gonna talk about his debut in just a second, but that the.
Speaker 3: Brewers had a proposal out there.
Speaker 2: That included Luis Pania. I wonder if there was nothing else in it, but they said they wanted established pieces. I'm a little shocked though. I'm assuming it had to be Painia and then low level guys and they just said, hey, listen, we want something that's close established. But some people are up in arms Boggs because Louis Penia would have been like the highest piece out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think they wanted pitching back. I think that's what it was, right, so you get River Ryan back in that deal, a big piece of it. So I think that was the reason. But I was pretty surprised by this, I think as much as anybody else was, because when you're dealing a player like Schooble, I feel like, at least for optics, you have to get the best player you possibly can back, whether it's a pitcher or not, you just need the best asset, and I thought Paanya was better than anything he got back from the Dodgers, So I was pretty surprised when I read this as well. Kind of weird.
Speaker 2: Speaking of Terrek's schoobl he makes his major league debut, he goes where did I go?
Speaker 3: Here?
Speaker 2: He went six, gave up two and runs, two walk six strikeouts. They didn't pull off a win, and that was kind of one of the things in this is like.
Speaker 3: They lost six straight.
Speaker 2: School look good though, it looked like everything that you were kind of hoping for. I don't know if you had any thoughts on the Schooble outing.
Speaker 3: No, he looked good. But I am very much enjoying this Dodgers losing streak. You know, they're on a six game losing streak at the Dbacks are still eight and a half games back of them for the division or eight games I guess it is now back for the division. But yeah, I mean, he looked good. Just they aren't hitting very well right now, so yeah, what it is and there is nobody knows. A couple other debuts that did not go so well.
Speaker 2: Freddy Peralta debut three and two thirds, nine hits, seven earned runs against the Colorado Rockies, and then Casey Mez last night three and one third, eight eurned runs, three walks, only one strikeout. I noted on that HQ hit that it was like, it's hilarious because the last minute the Diamondbacks out, they were getting Casey Mice, and then all of a sudden, the Padres came in with their top prospect and that didn't end up happening, and then they just blew him out of the water. I mean they just annihilated him. His fastball command was really bad. The secondary stuff wasn't doing anything. The diamondbackshould hit him hard. He gave up Boggs eleven hard hits in that game, Casey Mice did, five of which were one hundred miles or more on the exit velocity.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not a good start for either of those guys. The Parolta one was funny because didn't they say I think they said that Freddy had like he had this impeccable record at Colorado and then just got smashed at Colorado. But Casey Mice couldn't get anything over the plate, dude, Dbacks were crushing him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was crazy. It was ridiculous. How bad that looks. I'm not really sure what the what the fix is going to be from there? Do you have any reservations on neither of those guys moving forward? I kind of think you just move on to Freddy Pearl, So I thought the Rays were going to fix stuff. Casey might be a little bit different here, but the Peralta one, I'm I think you can cut him.
Speaker 3: I'll give Peralta one more to not be a start in Colorado, right like? But that that is absolutely and that's if you have held on to Peralta through all this mass, if you've held on to him the whole time, then maybe give him one more that isn't in Colorado because they didn't trade much. They still have a okay lineup and it's in Colorado all that stuff. But U but Casey, myes didn't look good. I get I guess the same thing for him though. It was a road game, and the whole reason we like this move was so he'd be pitching in San Diego where the ball dies a little bit more specifically later in the season. So maybe one more start for both those guys, you know, But Freddy Perrault has been bad all year, so one is at most I'm surprised that anyone beyond a dynasty league would still be holding on to Parolta honestly for real.
Speaker 2: And then a note around baseball befhere we look at some of the injury. We got lots of injury based things that are kind of floating around. Seven straight wins for the Red Sox and the Braves, six straight losses for I'm sorry, seven straight wins for the Red Sox, six straight losses for the Braves, and seven straight losses for the A's and not you didn't mention it, but I already said it's six straight losses for the Dodgers. Some crazy streaks that are going on in there the Braves. One is really fascinating. If the Phillies start taking, you know, taking their shot. I got to throw this out, like how dumb I am. I was like, oh, I want to sell Luisa Rise when he became a Philly and get off the hype. And then he just hemps these homers like I think the Phillies could be rolling great. So that's a really bad run for the Braves that the Philly start catching. And a note on the Red Sox Sadana Ralphaela on VBR and Fantasy pros is the second most valuable player in the last thirty days eight homers in that run and Williard Bray you most home runs since the break nine homers. He has just been He's batting average hasn't been there, but he has been crushing. Caleb Durbin also the last thirty day is hitting over three hundred, So Red Sox really finding.
Speaker 3: Like some stable room here.
Speaker 2: And then finally I think we're about to get like athlete's got to get uh brought back off the il. But once we get him, like they've got these pieces that are out there. But I think Saiddan like ironically, I don't know if Willier's going to like really really change his fantasy value to next season based off of like how I liked him, probably a little bit more because that was my guy. Like if I had a couple guys I was attached to, that was my dude. But Rafaela, he's playing at a level that what do you think, Let's it's kind of a version of chicken, But like, what do you think rafaela Is value next season is going to be? He is currently hitting two eighty seven, fifteen homers, fifteen stolen bases, could easily pull out like a twenty twenty season. His runs aren't gonna look super good. He's got fifty eight now around like let's call it like seventy five maybe eighty and RBI probably the same thing. So let's just say twenty twenty eighty eighty with a ninety batting average that has the vibes of a Perdomo, and Perdomo last year did that and he was around ninetieth overall. So rafaela top one hundred player next year, yes, or yeah your name.
Speaker 3: Yes for sure. I mean there weren't the risk even if they don't pan out, like Perdomo is not doing what he did last year at all, right, So but you know, within the top one hundred, absolutely, I And I think he could be higher because he's a Red Sox too, so I would say he if he finishes well, he'll brush top seventy five. So but yeah, I mean, you were you scare easy because of repeatability with these guys and like that. You know, last season for Perdomo, twenty homers, twenty seven stolen bases. This year only nine homers and seventeen swipes, and the batting average is down from two ninety to two forty four, so forty six points. So you know, I think repeatability will scare some people off, but I think somewhere between seventy five and one hundred, as long as you finish is off the season, okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think, I mean it's lining up to be there all right. In the injury world, that's there's quite a few things that are floating out there. James Wood was placed on the aisle with an oblique strain, and another big name, Nick Kurtz, with a strained thumb. I am more aggressively concerned about the James.
Speaker 3: Wood one because of obliques in general. I don't believe.
Speaker 2: Now, I've been kind of nuts with stuff. We have not seen any update. We did hear that it's a mild oblakue. I'm looking for the Twitter doctors to tell us is that going to be It's always yeah, I mean, because a b o blach are just bad, like it's been like a really bad thing. But is this something like a mild one? Can you return back like pretty quick off of an aisle stent? I'm kind of what I'm looking at it.
Speaker 3: I think if they're calling it would be three to four weeks, right, I think that's probably what we're looking at.
Speaker 2: We're still not seeing that. We're not seeing any marker that says how long this is going to be.
Speaker 3: Well, it's because you can't you can't promise anything on obliques, I think, and that's the reason why they're scary is you don't know if it's gonna get worse when you start working out again or swinging again again or whatever it is. So yeah, I think the calling it mild just means it wasn't terrible on the MRI. So, but recovery time.
Speaker 2: Is well, they haven't announced anything from an MRI. They haven't told us anything, and that was two days ago.
Speaker 3: So maybe it's put them on the IL immediately. I think that says enough. Yeah, they put them right there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's just like, are you on the IL and then you're gonna just rest a little bit and get back, or is this IL that is two or three weeks and then all of a sudden, I mean, what can you do to me?
Speaker 3: It sucks?
Speaker 2: In our redraft, our second half redraft league, I took James Wood in the first round and I took Aaron Aaron Judge. But the positive is I also took Acunya, who's back. But Aaron Judge, by the way, uh cleared for light activity, So that maybe could be an early good sign that was back first Judge or would I'm gonna say would maybe, But let me throw this out to you. Could Aaron Judge pull a Jose Ramirez where it's like goes to light activities to working out and then just in game.
Speaker 3: No, I mean, should I hate the rehab stuff for your mega superstars? Why are we wasting cuts in triple A? It never makes sense to me at all. So I hope they do that. No guarantee, but I mean they're pretty slow rolling him anyway. If they don't have a shot at the division, they'll definitely be sticking him in a rehab. So how you said that sticking him in a rehab, sticking him in a rehab assignment, singing him in triple A? I probably should have said so, Arson Judge is in the other type of rehab. Aaron Judges in the rehab for baseball, Bobby Witt was activated. That's really good. He just came out. I came out the gates too off of the activation.
Speaker 2: Three hits right away, so big positive there. Jordan Walker has missed two games in a row with a knee injury. Also not great. All these guys that we loved in the first half a little bit banged up. Uh the d Garrett Crochet is throwing from flat ground. That's actually some pretty good news for the Red Sox.
Speaker 1: In this run.
Speaker 2: If somehow they could get him back in September. I mean, I've heard nothing that has said anything about him being able to go anytime soon, but if they could, holy moly, that would be amazing. That would be huge for fantasy owners to get him in this last run, and also the Red Sox and Blake Snell. His next start is going to be in the bigsfore we have assignments. He's had a one ERA that has been really, really good. A bunch of other injury notes. Joe Ryan, this is an important one. Actually should have moved this higher. Joe Ryan is dealing with They're calling it, what is LBI.
Speaker 3: Lower body injury, that's your your hockey stuff, and they don't have to at they don't have to say what is hurting the guy, so they just say upper body or you don't like that vagueness. Oh well, at least it's consistent in hockey. You know, it's a lower body or upper body for everybody. They don't say he's dealing with a blood disorder. Okay, what is it?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: Why would you tell us? So he has a blood disorder? Is my point? I Carlos Grasco.
Speaker 2: I thenk I'm out on Joe Ryan and a couple things. He's given him sixteen earned runs in his last three starts.
Speaker 3: I don't like that. That's enough. You don't have to say anything else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no, but this was more important that he was asked about this and he didn't get into details, but they said, like, do you think you can fix this mechanically in your rotation? He said no, Like, whatever this thing is is causing him to not be the full version of Joe Ryan. So I don't feel confident now. Am I just cutting Joe Ryan?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: If you still have a trade deadline, I'm trying to move him, but I don't trust him, so I would be very careful about my starts with him because I don't think anything is guaranteed right now. So him unable to repeat his delivery has caused some bad results on him, and I think it's going to go really bad the rest of the way through. Hunter Green was placed on the I L with elbow soreness, and it is essentially looking like he is not going to pitch the rest of the year. They're saying he might be able to pitch later this year. That's I'm a little bit worried we're going to get a really devastating again, which I thought that. I'm not sure it ends a career or anything like that, but that would be a really devastating blow to a guy that has had a multitude of injuries.
Speaker 3: And his fantasy value. Until he proves himself again, he's.
Speaker 2: Not draftable even like the year he returns to Dynasty. In my mind, like I don't care how hard he's throwing, I'll be out out. Vladimir Guerrero Junior missed two games. Schneider said that it's not the major. They said, he's just tight and tired.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean you say me too, Me too, same buddy, But uh wake up every morning tight and tired. I mean, didn't what was the thing that they said the other day, like he only has forty something games to not hit any home bombs or whatever.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he has not hit a homer at home all season long. And there's only like, however many more games. There's really low opportunity. I don't know how many more home games there are, which is a weird stat.
Speaker 3: By the way, what what.
Speaker 2: An absolutely just abysmal year this has been.
Speaker 3: I don't has there been a guy in the top two rounds that's been worse? Can you think of one? Kyle Tucker's been pretty bad, yeah, not as bad as him.
Speaker 2: He's been the right one, yeah, yeah, number one stunner of badness my kil garcia cortizone injection in his hand.
Speaker 3: He's been out since June twenty second, so that's not good.
Speaker 2: They are saying he had renewed soreness on the twenty eighth trega savage to the IOH with the inflammation. Kyle Harrison he left Wednesday with cramping after striking at ten. I'm not sure that's a bad it's a horrible thing. Wilson Catreras left Wednesday with an illness. Dalton Rushing is not going to catch again the season ucl injury.
Speaker 3: That's bad.
Speaker 2: Andrew Painter was removed wed Day with hamstring tightness and Josh Young is a at least ten days with a rehab assignment away from starting a rehab assignment. And then, in kind of the call up world, Jerry Depoto said, the Mariners will not push Kate Anderson in the pin when.
Speaker 3: He's called up.
Speaker 2: That's actually a great piece of news here, and I think you're a week away just as soon as they can manipulate him to be the perfect thing. They did this with the in a different way with the Julio Rodriguez. Guess what get him where? He can't lose his prospect eligibility. He starts in the rotation next year he's rookie eligible. PPI extra pick count it. I think you have roughly ten days and then Kate Anderson will be up, So pick him up.
Speaker 3: I almost guarantee you that's going to happen. Change is that they've done with all of the qualifications for these players. Is it still they have to be brought up before September to qualify for the playoff roster.
Speaker 2: They have to be brought up before September for the playoff roster. They cannot exceed fifty innings pitched as a pitcher, or they lose prospect eligibility and forty five days on the major league roster.
Speaker 3: But I so it's just threading that needle. Yep.
Speaker 2: But I believe September I could be wrong about this is what I've heard in the past. I don't think it counts towards the days, like you can't lose your prospect eligibility by days on the roster in September. But even if that's not the case, if they bring them up about August sixteenth or seventeenth, he can't exceed the days. He can't exceed the innings if they control it, and that would allow him to be rookie eligible.
Speaker 3: For the start of next year.
Speaker 2: And if he breaks camp he will be PPI eligible because he breaks camp out and then there you go.
Speaker 3: Then they can have their first playoff eligibility. I think is most important for the marriage. Great, right, Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 2: Marcel Luzuna was released, by the way, not really a prospect thing, but he was released and Jorge Solaier was designated for assignment. Some prospect call ups Hector Rodriguez, Sesar Printo Prido, Christian Franklin also on hell Yonoah was called up and had.
Speaker 3: Four hits in his major league debut. Hector Rodriguez is.
Speaker 2: I'm interested in Hanoah's I'm interested in. We also had a Gusta Ramirez recalled, so maybe there's something there and a multitude of guy sent down. She and Cuero Manzardo were optioned. A guy that I am picking up off of waivers, Jackson Job, is going to be pitching on Saturday.
Speaker 3: He was activated.
Speaker 2: Here's the big sign. Had a five or six percent K minus walk percentage last year in the majors and the miners. This year a twenty percent K minus walk percentage over, it's like around a twenty six percent K percentage, around a six percent walk rate. If that carries over, big good things are going to happen.
Speaker 3: I'm picking him up.
Speaker 2: And Ben Joyce was activated for the Angels, so maybe he gets an opportunity at some saves if they ever have any of those games. So I'm looking at picking up Job. I'm looking at picking up Joyce. You know, her and uh, Hector Rodriguez are really interesting. But Kate Anderson would be my top priority in that prospect world. And those are some of the news and notes.
Speaker 3: All right, let's take a break. When we come back.
Speaker 2: We're gonna look at the post deadline lineups and rotations around baseball, talking about some players, seeing what fits, what's cool, and then we'll get to some two start pitchers at the end. Don't go and wear more in this league coming.
Speaker 3: Up, I generally come in at least fifteen minutes late. I use the side door, and after that I just sort of space out for about an hour. Tell space out.
Speaker 2: I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real actual quirk.
Speaker 3: Would you feel good, sport and indulge us and just tell us a little more.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you.
Speaker 3: Something about in this league.
Speaker 2: Let's take a look at some lineups. So, as mentioned before, Bogman put together some rotation and some lineup changes. And this is just all post trade deadline. I think for the most part, as I stare at this, like there is well, maybe like one, but like, I don't see one that we picked out of here that doesn't necessarily maybe one or two maximum that don't have like some implication to a trade.
Speaker 3: That ended up changing.
Speaker 2: So we'll start al up and then we'll go to some NL and starting with Baltimore.
Speaker 3: This is interesting, Bogs.
Speaker 2: Dylan Beaver's getting a leadoff spot versus right handed hitters, Cees hitting cleanup and Kobe Neo in the seventh spot. So probably let me pull this up here. Dylan Beaver's is someone to to. I don't think we've said his name one time this season. I know, let's take a look at Beaver's. Beaver's hitting two forty four this year, two armers, five stolen bases. It's the worst profile in the world.
Speaker 3: But I don't know.
Speaker 2: They must be looking to get him going, hitting around two forty eight versus righty's kind of struggling versus lefties.
Speaker 3: But he is hitting two seventy five since the All Star break.
Speaker 2: It looks like since they have been, you know, giving him a little bit of this run. I'm not sure if I see any Fanta value out of Beaver's, but if he's going to be strong side leading off, that's something worth noting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely deeper leagues. He has been hitting leadoffs since the twenty fourth. He pinch it in one game and the four hole, and he did it today.
Speaker 2: By the way, as I'm as I'm looking at this, because Ryan Johnson pitched and versus what you wrote, it's almost identical. It's Beaver's let off, Cees was clean up, and then Mayo was not in this lineup though it was cal Or. No Mayo did pinch hit. He ended up pinch hitting, but Calser was the one that was a little bit later. So yeah, that's that, okay. I didn't even realize that that's actually a relatively important factor if Beaver's is going to continue getting these strong side I don't know, a deep twelve man, this might be pick up able.
Speaker 3: Every game he started since July twenty fourth, he has hit leadoff, so strong side platoon leadoff hitter. I was more interested in Cees and Mayo being in the lineup, so they both kind of hold more. How you. Of course Mayo got benched today. We knew ces with how hot he's been, was going to be the guy, and he's hitting clean up, so that that's real nice. But Mayo should be in most days as well though. Something to watch.
Speaker 2: Strand hit three twenty four in July. In five games in August, he's hitting zero point zero seven to one, so he has one hit this month.
Speaker 3: So he was really really hot last month. You know what is the change?
Speaker 2: The month split Philly. Then they went to the angels. I'm not really sure, Like what can you find the correlation if there is some type of correlation, but depending elevant, that's what it is. Yeah, yeah, I suppose. Yeah, people picked him up that was the problem. And then let's just take a look at Mayo. That's another one of those I feel like I just have not stared at with Kobe Mayo this year two five, a very quiet fifteen homers, two stolen bases, really good hard hit rate, Bat's being's phenomenal. All the hard hit stuff is good, but everything else is it's a little I mean, he's barely in the ball as well getting the ball in the air, but expect abouting every sucks. Strikeout rate is really bad. He's got all the inner workings of it.
Speaker 3: What's this of it?
Speaker 2: His own contact is it's actually not bad. It's eighty one percent. So is that that's just a quality of contact issue? I mean, also the Chase wiff in k percentage is like really hurting. But he checks that that little four quadrant double digit barrel close right at fifty percent hard hit rate, twenty degree launch angle, and thirty one percent pulled air percentage with an eighty one percent zone contact rate. I actually think there's something there. I just don't know if it's going to materialize this year. I'm gonna I need to put a pin in that for next season. Low babbit, but he kind of runs low babybs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hitting he's hitting two seventy five since the break. It's two fifty six in July, and you know, only three games in August, but he's hitting three hundred. So uh looking better at least, so.
Speaker 2: We like that. Over with the Boston Red Sox, who are going today, Let's see if this, yeah, this is continuing. Nick Soguard leading off and that continue today going up against least Castillo making his debut.
Speaker 3: Has a hit so guard two forty six.
Speaker 2: Nothing else really speak of on the season. It's really low, minimal at bats. Again, he just kind of hasn't like had an opportunity to do anything. But he's getting that leadoff spot. I still don't think there's really much there, Like what type of fantasy value is that it?
Speaker 3: Also maybe like in a very deep league, maybe hitting leadoff for Boston you could score some runs.
Speaker 2: Maybe, Yeah, maybe I wonder what happens when Richman comes back, Like Retch is a really good like one like I almost see this.
Speaker 3: As Rafaela should lead off at that point, right, well, or do you put Adley at three? Will?
Speaker 2: Will You're at four? And then maybe Durbin moves to one or maybe he just keeps If so, see, I'll pull it this. If so Guard stays there, that actually might be something. But it's like deep league stuff again that I don't I'm not sure either the Baltimore any of the Baltimore guys, or this is one where I'm like, it's beyond twelve, like Beavers is the one I maybe check in a little bit. And I obviously have interest in Mayo, but he can't put it together. But so Guard's interesting. Uh the bigger this is a bigger one. Let's go over to Cleveland. Joe Adell. There's the lineup change. Joe Adell cleanup hitting for Cleveland, and this is.
Speaker 3: What I was talking about. He didn't play today though, which is kind of funny, but uh, he the game has been he's been hitting clean up, so funny.
Speaker 2: Enough, they hit Nate Low clean up today and he was two for four with a bomb, so that cleanup spot's really interesting. And hitting in front of him the latter's been hot. Ramirez is there. Bazana hit leadoffs, so if he continues to hit four, it's Bizana de latta. Ramirez is right there, Like, I kind of love that. That probably puts low in at six. So let's what what does Lowe's percentage own? It's got to be really low still, right, No Pun, there was no I literally had no no, I know, no pun attended thirteen homers. Yeah, thirteen homers. Profile looks pretty decent. I don't think they've been I didn't realize he can't hit. He's hitting a zero point eight three against lefties this year. He's had twenty four at bats and only two hits. So he is strong like strong side. He is where he's going to be getting his playing time, and that's probably hitting six. He's only two percent on on.
Speaker 3: Yahoo, he's two percent. Joe Adell's been hitting like garbage. He hit two sixty four in June. He had five homers in July, but only hit two twenty eight. He's only hitting one thirty three in August, two hundred after the break, so he's very streaky. But he has not picked it up since a very decent June here.
Speaker 2: So yeah, he's played two games with the Guardians he has. He had two hits in a first game, hasn't registered in the other hits. He's striking out a decent amount. It's a weird I mean, I like the dell there, but that's a weird construction of maybe he's pressing a little bit. There's a lot that I think there's just gonna be RBI opportunities on the season, sixteen homers, two thirty seven average. It's tough with his XBA that's two fifty nine. I wonder how, like Translady, we can have that be over in Cleveland. And so Cleveland's also like a really nice, like left handed ballpark for hitters, and he's like pretty heavy pole not as friendly to right handed hitters. But I don't know if it matters, But that's an interesting I think versus uh, righties, you're going to continue seeing adele Win out there. Maybe they're giving him a little bit of a break, Like.
Speaker 3: Where what is he hitting against righties this year?
Speaker 2: He's hit he's only hitting two ten, so he's destroying lefties. He's hitting three h six, only two ten against righty's. So maybe that was sit him to ooh, what if Joey Dell's in a platoon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he might be.
Speaker 2: They might just be letting him get going. And he played three straight days. But just pointing out he has not hit righty's, low, has not hit lefties, and uh, he's probably not in any platoon by the way, he's going to hit against righty's, but he really dominates against lefties.
Speaker 3: So maybe keep that in mind for Joey. Oh, that's kind of an interesting one. Detroit.
Speaker 2: Uh, you put the Drew Anderson was moving up in the rotation and Jackson Job is going to be in in Saturday on Saturday, and that's the one I've been focused on. I've been focused on. I don't know how it's gonna go. I'm hoping it's gonna go decent. As I mentioned before, but the current rotation now is Framber, Montero, Melton, Anderson, and then it looks like Job is going to lock up that five spot. And by the way, Melton's been incredible, Dission, he's been great. Next year Melton was the pickup. Oh man, I think it depends on how they finished the year. Probably still well, I'll tell you why. If Framber melts down, I'll take Melton but I think it's probably still Frombert.
Speaker 3: Will see what he does. But uh yeah, Melton has been good for like two straight months. He's been really good, so uh yeah, definitely him and Job. I mean, I don't know if Drew Anderson is anything, but he's in the rotation now so we'll see. But yeah, Job is a pickup and Melton has been great. Melton's got to be like eighty percent now right.
Speaker 2: Oh and he's yeah, let's pull up his numbers because he just had like another one of those just se Yahoo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one five eight era in twelve starts this year, uh and qualifies a spn RP in Yahoo. So what do we call that? A little spark, little sparm reaction spar.
Speaker 2: Also, if you look at the Savant, this would have been a really good guess who on h on Fantasy pros because you look and it's like, holy crap, low barrel against low hard hit rate. I mean k's are a little bit median twenty two k percentage eight percent walk rate, but I mean even as expected, the ra is only three eleven, like one five eight R. I mean he's been pretty awesome. Whoa real quick kind of is that? As the color of your energy. Whoa how must did that joke? The other day ninety six his four scene was actually down a mile per hour. His cutter is up to almost two miles per hour this year, and he's throwing it a ton more. He's backtracked on a slider, which he's throwing that harder. The run values, dude, look at this cutter. Last year was a negative four run value. This year plus twelve.
Speaker 3: That's gotta be.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: No, I want to go look well, look at this too. By the way, strikeout percentage May eight percent June twenty two point one percent, July thirty point four percent. Uh, in his one start, it's only sixteen percent in August, but he'll have more. But that has climbed in every month. So if that climbs in August, he's gonna be over a thirty percent k rate.
Speaker 2: So I wonder if I can find I always have a problem finding the exact thing I want. Pitch arsenal is that, No, that's not what I want. I find my run values on my pitches.
Speaker 3: Run value is that on the front page run values? Pitch?
Speaker 2: Oh, I found it, I found it, Okay, it's it's uh pitch arsenal stats. So let's look at just cutters, and let's see the best cutters from a run value perspective this year.
Speaker 3: Ooh, check this out. Let me change a qualification. Look at this box.
Speaker 2: Troy Milton the number one run valued cutter this year. Ah, that pitch has been that efficient. A nineteen percent hard hit rate, a one seventy one expected batting average. He's not striking out or whipping a ton of guys, but no one can do anything with it. Is the highest run value of any cutter thrown by a starting or not even relievers are in there. That's the number one stunner.
Speaker 3: Damn. Yeah, it's only twenty five years old. This dude a lot of room to grow. Yeah, a little room for activities.
Speaker 2: A lot of dudes out there, all right, Houston, Varshow was put into the cleanup spot and Altuve was put to six.
Speaker 3: Did you look today at all that that continues. I don't think they played today. Yeah, they didn't play.
Speaker 2: Today, so it didn't matter. Var show anything for you with var mean, I don't hate the change. Var Show is always he's like looming with fantasy relevancy. Seven homers, ten stolen bases, two forty two average.
Speaker 3: He's super, super pol heavy.
Speaker 2: It's really the only thing that he does. I mean, you're gonna be hitting if you're cleaning up for your on Alvarez, That's actually kind of an incredible situation to be in. There might be a lot more run opportunity RBI opportunities.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, absolutely so. I mean dropping him in the cleanup spot is great. Let's take a look. He has hit like crap since June. Hit two point fifty in June, hit two oh five in July and August with zero home runs, so he needs to pick it up. They're putting him in the cleanup spot for now, but he's gonna have to justify this. So it's a really good spot to be in. Hopefully it's six though, but he has to pick it up if he's gonna stick there.
Speaker 2: This one wasn't deadline related, but you did put this on Stephen Cruise. Did Stephen Cruz take over? Do you think he's fully taken over that closing spot in Kansas City?
Speaker 3: I mean, laying well, I believe he's had the last three saves for the Royals, if I am correct, If I'm remembering that right, I'm pulling up the closer chart. Yeah, I'm pulling out he is listed as the closer. Now, yeah, you're right.
Speaker 2: Lang has moved to seven lynches eight er seg is not even involved anymore, and Stephen Cruz.
Speaker 3: Has that they've only had one save in the last week and he got it, so now there's not.
Speaker 2: Gonna be a lot of opportunity anyways. But uh, four to nine ERA expected is lower at three seven nine. Let me actually let me pull him up on van Gress does a lot. I love a lot of things about Fangress, but from an ease of you standpoint, are like quickly looking at a player, Savant.
Speaker 3: Is hard to it's hard not to match.
Speaker 2: Two five to three post All Star break he's been He's had really an eleven games since the All Star Break that seems crazy, zero point eighty four whip, three saves and ten innings during that time, where he was four eight eight previously. But he's had a a two ERA in June, a two ERA in July, and a three e RAY in August. He's actually been pretty damn shut down with a almost twenty eight percent k percentage, a little bit high on the walks, a little more a little too barely as well. But I mean he's locking it down and getting it done, and I think he has not. I mean, actually he's given up an earned run in three of his last eight appearances.
Speaker 3: But they haven't been back. He hasn't been blowing them like Alex. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, and it also hasn't been like it hasn't been like traumatic. You know, they're not like traumatic outings or something like that. So all right, uh, Stephen cruise if he's still floating out there with the Angels, von Grisham has been hitting or Grissom has been hitting. Clean up ballasteros DHD and went six and then Ben Joyce activated and was he put at the closing spot as well?
Speaker 3: I think Rosser Resource had him at the closer spot. It was either that or he got to save last nine or two nights ago or something. Let me, Yeah, they did put.
Speaker 2: Him at the closing spot, and they don't really have anybody else like viable, right.
Speaker 3: I think that's kind of the point too, is that who else Well.
Speaker 2: Let's see, they had a save opportunity today and that did not go to him, That went to Natara.
Speaker 3: He did not pitch. Maybe they just didn't want to pitch him today, but they.
Speaker 2: Went Ferres up first, Murphy Sacito and Natara got a uh four four out save, I guess you want to call it. I mean, he gave up a hit, so that but he went one in one third of an inning and he ended up getting the save there.
Speaker 3: So just keep an eye on that.
Speaker 2: But Ballisto's caught today, which is pretty fun. And then as a follow up, Grissom hit five today. They went Meckler, Sill in the middle.
Speaker 3: Of that lineup though, yeah, Shanwell, Netto and.
Speaker 2: Grissom, but yeah, I think that's your main point is Grissom is like hitting in the middle of that lineup, and Grissom on the year pulling it up two.
Speaker 3: Sixty one seven homers, but.
Speaker 2: It's been over like two hundred and fifty three at bats, so it doesn't really translate fantastic. It's okay, there's some RBI opportunities. I think Ballistero's is probably more fantasy relevant just because if like he's gonna start catching more, you know, I mean, I think the guy makes a time of contact.
Speaker 3: He just hasn't had any consistency.
Speaker 2: To get I mean, I guess he's had opportunities this year, it just hasn't worked. But he does have a couple of hits in his first few Angel games.
Speaker 3: Von Grissom hit three thirty three in July and he's hitting two eighty one since the break, so decent there. And by the way, Ben Joyce also threw sixteen pitches last night and that is two days off the il, so they definitely weren't going to pitch him in after a night game. So that I think Ben Joyce might still be the closer. But Natara is a lefty, so I think if you have lefties coming in in the ninth, it'll probably go to Natara, And if you have the right he's coming in, he'll probably go to Joyce.
Speaker 2: Over In the Twins, Jeff Hoffman is listed as a co closer with Gomez, but I mean, when the hell did the Twins the Twins gotten a save operation. Let me look, they're actually going right now since yeah, so I don't think we've seen how that's necessarily materialized. But Hoffman is a decent okay, so let me do this. Steven Cruz or Jeff Hoffman.
Speaker 3: Who do you want? M Hoffman? I mean, just opportunities, even if he's splitting him, might be more for Hoffman. Yeah, that's a good point. Okay, that's a good point. And I think I take Ben Joyce over both of them.
Speaker 2: I think I would take Hoffman over Benjo. I like Benjoyce's stuff, but I think it would take Hoffman there fair.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't have an argument against that. Sure, the Yankees bunch of interesting stuff.
Speaker 2: Luis Garcia, the three hole hitter win going against right handed pitchers. Helio Ramos was batting five, Lombard batting eight. Doesn't really do a lot for anybody, but he's getting playing time out there, and obviously he hit that homer. They are not playing today, so we can't take a look at what that looks like. But Luis Garcia looks like just locked in. And there was another game where I think he was going to come into maybe it was a pinch hit or something. It wasn't the home run one. He just seems scary, like that ballpark is just built for him. Like, I love, his profile is ridiculous. He's hitting two eighty three. He might legitimately be like, what does his contract look like? Because I was about to say, like he looks the part of a top one hundred player for next season. I'm gonna look, I just don't remember if it's Yeah, so he's got an arbitrational year next year, so it's fourth year arbitrational.
Speaker 3: I don't see. Yeah, yeah, it's just unrestricted.
Speaker 2: I mean he's gonna be sitting around next year, not platooning and just being a dude.
Speaker 3: The guy.
Speaker 2: I mean, he did struggle versus left he's sitting two oh seven this year, but in that rity platoon, he's just a he's a dude.
Speaker 3: Helliyo, rama. I mean, I just love all these I.
Speaker 2: Don't think there's any fantasy implications, So I will say I do think Lombard is a player to to speculate a twelve team and above to hold on to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, I agree with you.
Speaker 2: Ha there, Liam Hicks clean up versus right handed pitchers kind of let me okay, let me stop here for a second.
Speaker 3: We got a lot of guys that.
Speaker 2: Do have these platoony type of situations, but there's just such a large handful of these players that when they are in their platoon, they are put in a ridiculus spot a la Luis Garcia, a la Liam Hicks. That not that they were even in question to not like own or something like that. But it's just like extra goodness for people, like if you're dealing with you, like should I really be excited about platoon players.
Speaker 3: This, that and the other thing?
Speaker 2: And it's like, well, strong side when they're when they're thrown into strong side, like hitting.
Speaker 3: Three or four for a team, yeah, you should, especially for a good team, especially for the Rays who have been producing runs all year long. Yankees have been producing runs all year long. Like you know, if you're gonna go and hit three for Miami, who cares, But especially if you're platooning. But if you're hitting for a stud team. Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Two other al ones they're not a ton Ton related here, but Cody Bradford was activated for this first time since TJ put in rotation, So I don't know if there's much I like there. And Nathan Lukes was leading off for Toronto. Was Toronto going today? Toronto was going today? Let's see what happened today? And it was Straw today, so I thought I saw him. No right now, Straw let off, But Lukes did hit five wop pics hitting behind streaming behind Springer. It was David Peterson, Okay, so lefty, lefty, he.
Speaker 3: Was hitting five.
Speaker 2: I mean that those are actually pretty good, solid spots to take a look.
Speaker 3: I mean I'll take I'll take four or five, that's nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but are you gonna take Nathan Luke's to sixty one five homers in just under three hundred of bats.
Speaker 3: You know, just like so Guard, it's a it's a runs play guy hitting lead off for a team that could be good offensively, but it hasn't. Really I'd rather, honestly, I'd rather have so Guard at this point, but uh, not bad for Luke's Interesting you say that in the month of July.
Speaker 2: Luke's nineteen runs just in the month of July.
Speaker 3: That's actually if you're that is a play. Yeah, well maybe I'm mistaken. Yeah no, no, I'm saying that's good. Well that's what I well, I just said I'd take so Guard.
Speaker 2: But yeah, oh oh, you meant mistaken on Soger, I thought you were like mistaking your ideas. No, no, no, no, no, him said, yeah, he had twenty six runs in the month of June nineteen. In the month of July, I mean he doesn't have any he is one this month, so that he's actually struggling in August, but interesting over in the al or you know, the Diamondbacks quite a few changes post deadline. One didn't have to do with the deadline. It just had to do with one of the worst closers in baseball. Lars Nootbar looks like a leadoff guy for the d Backs. He was thrust into the leadoff spot.
Speaker 3: He they moved him all over by the way, and I think this is wrong for tonight. I think he's hitting They got him at five tonight. I think they had him. They had him at six, and then at one and then at five. This is Lavollo, so yeah, he is. Yeah, I'm looking at this. He's hitting five tonight. I'm not surprised. But see, here's the problem with it.
Speaker 2: If you're going like whether you're left or not, the Diamondbacks against myz, this is what might actually give people trouble. Even like like Corman Carrolls, one of the best left handed hitters against left handed pitchers in the league this year.
Speaker 3: Newp Bar Actually I can't.
Speaker 2: I don't want to speak to it until I look here, but I want I do want to say that like he doesn't have massive struggles against left easy, no never mind, he's said he won.
Speaker 3: Twenty five against lefties this year.
Speaker 2: But my point was is, if you've got a right handed hitter they can throw out when they can throw out new Bar Carol, and then they put a switch hitter like Perdomo at three, it's gonna be fits for teams because then you know, then they can switch it up. Tonight they went Perdomo, Switchy, Carol Moreno could tell switchy, and then Neupar. I think that's probably more of a traditional lineup. I think they're going to go with, but they're gonna move these all around either way. Nupar is hitting somewhere in the top five, and I think he's become I don't know. I think he's become more Fantasy relevant. Being with Arizona, it's positive place for him to hit. He got a hit in his last game. I mean, I'm a New Bar guy. But the season hasn't been great two thirty two only a couple homers. Is that cast looks like phenomenal. If he can start to get going. He's not getting the ball in the air, which that's something I'd love to track.
Speaker 3: But I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think he's I think he's Fantasy relevant three homers this year.
Speaker 3: So he's he's been frustrating this year, but we know there's obviously a lot more in there and he's in a new scenario, so hopefully it works out a little better in Arizona. But yeah, he's kind of he's kind of mid right now, as the kids would say.
Speaker 2: And this has kind of moved Katel around a little bit. But again, I wouldn't really read too much into any of it because I think the diamonbacks just they adjust their lineups. They just moved around. Katel is going to hit two, three, he's hitting five. There's good RBI opportunities. And then the big change I had picked him up in one of our leagues, Brandon Garcia. Brandon Garcia has been the guy that's been getting to save opportunities. And I don't think they're gonna come off of that. He's wow success.
Speaker 3: I mean they might you never know. It's when Justin Martinez comes back. They might go to Martinez. Thank you for saying that.
Speaker 2: I'm completely wrong about that, because you're right. Justin Martinez yesterday or the day before started to rehab assignment of Veselia. Now I think it's gonna take a week or two, and I don't think because we've seen Lovello a bunch, I don't think Lavello is gonna thrust him right back into the closing role. Could be wrong about that. I think they might have a little warm up tee up game or two. So I do think he will get his saves, but I don't think those saves will come till September. But I would be picking up justin Martinez because I could be wrong about that, because he's got absolute closer stuff. But Garcia has been efficient. And then look at dumbass Ginkle last night in little situations where who else would he go to? Well, let's put Ginkle out there. They're one hitting the padres and Gigle gives up four earned runs because he's the worst on the planet. So Garcia, if he's successful, they're not gonna do anything with it. But he is a lefty and he'd be a better fireman than anything for Garcia to close games out.
Speaker 3: I think this is going to depend on how good Garcia looks in the role, because he has it now in my opinion, So I think it depends on how good Garcia look and then how good does Martinez look in his rehab assignments. If he is just you know, smoking every batter and striking out everybody, they'll probably just throw him right back in that role, no matter how good Garcia is. But if Garcia has been good and Martinez is kind of wonky coming off this injury, which control is a big issue coming off of a surgery like that, so I know, you know, they might they might leave him down in triple A until he gets figured out. I'll give you a couple of little updates. He pitched, He's pitched twice.
Speaker 2: Martinez. He pitched in a Bridge League game which actually didn't count.
Speaker 3: But here's a report.
Speaker 2: He was hitting one hundred and one oh one and topped out at one h two in the Bridge League game. And then it was two nights ago, and this is when I saw that report.
Speaker 3: He did pitch. I'm looking for I'd have to go back.
Speaker 2: I'm just trying to see if anybody else reported it made my life easier. It doesn't look like they did, so I can't see where the stuff is. I'd love to see where that splitter is. But regardless, in that one before, he was pumping one hundred, so I think that's a really really good sign for him to come back. So I'm glad you mentioned that. I'm glad you mentioned him because I will say though, like I would not have a quick trigger finger with with Brandon Garcia, because he has been pretty dang good right here. I mean, just go to his savamp page. I don't know if you have it up right now to e er point seven to seven whip. But also look at the efficiencies when you look at he doesn't qualify low hard hit ground ball merchant two point nine barrel against, thirty one percent k percentage, ninety seven on the fastball, one sixty five expected batting average against. He just doesn't get like a ton of whiffs. But he has been really really good and that sweeper cutter sinker Combo has worked super well for him, So I think I don't think what's his face is going to be super quick to want to take him out of that role. But Martinez is a closer.
Speaker 3: That's who he is.
Speaker 2: So it's kind of a you know, one in one out there with the Mets. Carson Binge has been batting clean up. That's pretty nice. Zach Thornton and Robert Stock in the rotation. That means nothing to me but Bene hitting clean up. I think it's made him even a bit more valuable right now.
Speaker 3: So who would you rather have?
Speaker 2: Well, no, that's a dumb one. I want to give you a better one. Give me a better one. Could you rather have Benjerr Adele rest of season bench?
Speaker 3: I just think Adele's too tricky. Hasn't hit well in two months? Like but hold on. I think Adele was traded part for his power, right or mainly for his power, but also the glove is great, So I think that's kind of what it is.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: It hasn't, has it? I mean, I am I getting that wrong? I know Joe Adell had like remember.
Speaker 2: Joy Dell had those like crazy Yeah, I mean, I'm not looking. I'll pull it up real quick here. Why don't you take a guess. I'll give you his defensive rating. It first, to your guests? Is it positive or negative?
Speaker 3: Positive? I would say it's actually negative? Is it Okay? That's where I was mistaken. So they just took him for power. But he hasn't hid in two months, so I guess his war this year. See. I knew I was getting that wrong because he had like he had the game where he robbed three. Yeah, no, I went and looked and were propped up by that. Yeah, defensive numbers were terrible. That's what guess. Guess his war negative. It's not negative point five, You're actually so close. It's point one point.
Speaker 2: It is point He's a average player on the planets and Carson ben Oh, let's look at Bene. I'm gonna guess beinge is like two. I'm gonna say two point four.
Speaker 3: Two point four war. I'll say one point six.
Speaker 2: Dude, we broke it. It was two even, so we were right in between. By price of right rules, you win though, so but yeah, to a two war positive offensive, almost dead even on defensive rating, but a little bit negative.
Speaker 3: So I don't know, I just wanted to throw that out there because.
Speaker 2: I mean, benj has been awesome, but I was gonna say, like new bar and it's like Benje is just clearly here with phillies. This is the one I really really retract. Is I think I was just I was just wrong on the like I said Minch earlier in the show, the Luise Rice thing, he was hitting cleanup.
Speaker 3: Bawl went to five, Marsh went to six. Are they did they? They played today, let's take a look.
Speaker 2: And literally and he cleaned up again, and guess what two more hits in an RBI for Luisa Riz Jesus Man.
Speaker 3: He's got he's did. He hadn't hit a homer since June thirtieth before that bomb last night.
Speaker 2: And he's got Schwarber, Turner and Harper in front of him, and then behind it went Bowman Marsh again. So it looks like that lineup is kind of sticking around a little bit. And yeah, I was just I was like, oh, we should sell on him. I think I might have been wrong. This might actually be the time where he just improves his fantasy value. I'm kind of bummed about Brandon Marsh by the way. He's just kind of falling off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it was kind of to be expected. There was no Yeah, I mean, the dude was hitting like three forty three for the first two months or something absurd. There was no way that was gonna stick. So uh yeah, but he's still had in a great year regardless. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The Giants, Bryce Eldridge was leading off, they had Susak at five, They've got a bunch of rotational stuff. They got a committee. I just think they're kind of a mess right now. There's also I like Eldridge leading off. Yeah, if he continues leading off, if that keeps, I mean, how many times has.
Speaker 3: He I think he's done it, like since the trade deadline. I think in three or four straight games, really, I believe. So let me see, Well, this tell me he only has ten at bats hitting one. So that's definitely not the case. Because he's only batting that doesn't mean he hasn't done it since every game since the trade deadline.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, trade deadline. I was thinking all start game. No, you're right about that.
Speaker 3: That could be the case. He's got ten.
Speaker 2: He is hitting three hundred, his second best batting average.
Speaker 3: No, they moved him around, he's been, but it's been three, three, one, two one, So he's hitting in the top three. He's hit the top three every single game since July seventeenth. He had one game where he pinch hit at not at the ninth hole, but he's DHD or played first and hit second, third, or first in every single game since July nineteenth. July seventeenth, excuse me, okay.
Speaker 2: And on the year, he's got that two fifty five average, eleven homers, twelve percent barrel.
Speaker 3: Rate, great hard hit rate, he's dropped his ks.
Speaker 2: Dude, we're gonna have a breakout next year because I don't think you can call any of this like this is just like cool, this is good stuff. But man, you look at this profile, dude, like high walk he's top fourteen percentile in the league in walks. His strikeouts have come down. It's above average, bad speed, his heart hit rate. I didn't realize this ninety six percent of so top four percent of the league. And hard hit rate with good barrel average ex of velocity. And he's pulling the ball. But I mean the guy just in the way he can hit. He can just hit the spray the ball around the field. I think Gallagridge might be in line. It might be like a really good value next.
Speaker 3: Year, if if, if, if could he get him position?
Speaker 2: Like how many games? What is the positional stuff here?
Speaker 3: Where is that at? Right now? They see that only first base in DH? But does he have enough to call? Okay, no he does, never mind, Okay, I'll shut up.
Speaker 2: I was taking yeah, yeah, yeah, No, I'm wrong because Savant had the hole just DH only thing he's played eighteen at first But he needs two more for full qualification on everywhere next.
Speaker 3: Year seven more? Is it twenty five? No? Twenty, it's just twenty Okay.
Speaker 2: Okay, my god, the psychopath. I still stand pretty firm. I think ten is fine.
Speaker 3: But how about if you need like works Yahoo ready for his Yahoo job. Well, no, that's five, that's five for Yahoo. Five is Yahoo.
Speaker 2: I think ten should be good, but then maybe get down to fifteen. I just don't see the twenty thing. I don't know why somebody made a standard of twenty.
Speaker 3: What about when the Anthony Rizzo would move to second?
Speaker 2: Now, I don't think that's your count though that I don't think your count.
Speaker 3: That's why give me twenty seven outs.
Speaker 2: Then give me ten arts at a position, not moveovers. That would be my qualification for a guy. They can't move over to the position in the fifth inning or the fourth inning or anything.
Speaker 3: It is ten games started at a position, no shifts.
Speaker 2: That's my no, No, well that's gone, But that's what I'm gonna run on. Saint Louis, Nathan Church been batting five one hundred. Dobbins also was put in the rotation. And I think the important thing too.
Speaker 3: Is not it's just new Bar and Dustin May replacements. So, but where the f is Joshua Bias.
Speaker 2: Brian Torres has been hitting seven, and I think that's where Joshua bia is whenever they're ready. I do kind of believe this has to be manipulation game stuff. Is he?
Speaker 3: Is he the same deal as who we're talking about before? Who are Kate Anderson? Yeah? Kate Anderson?
Speaker 1: Ye?
Speaker 3: Any prospect is any prospect?
Speaker 2: This is like you if you do the sixteenth or seventeenth or something, you're just like assuredly not gonna blow through the qualify because they can manipulate the at bats or the innings pitch by not letting them go to one hundred and thirty at bats or fifty innings pitch. But the game, the service time thing. You know, if I'm wrong about the September thing, then just you bring them up on like the sixteenth or seventeenth, and then they shouldn't push that qualification and then you have them as a rookie next year. He's got to be a week or so away. I don't know why they would keep I mean maybe, I mean they already have what one, two, three, four or five? They got five lefties in the lineup, Like, I don't think that's something that's holding them back. Torres is hitting two thirty two, Like, just let let the young dog eat. I think the young dog will eat soon. But maybe Nathan Church is like a tiny bit more relevant than we were giving credit for. That was actually my argument all year where we're doing the Baseball Show and it's like, why is By is not there?
Speaker 3: Whyse By is not there?
Speaker 2: And I was just like, well, they're just not going to get They don't want Church to go.
Speaker 3: Away, you know.
Speaker 2: I think they view him as like a solid defender versus what would be replaced. He is struggling, his bad average is starting to come down a little bit, but under twenty percent k percent and she's got nine homers, six dolen bases. Like he's just been fine, but you would have to explain it to me, like I'm two years old, why you don't let a young like up and coming potential star.
Speaker 3: For your team not get playing time.
Speaker 2: And then the final one was Washington has had cj Abrams in the lineup, that is without James Wood leadoff.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry he cleaned up today though, And Dylan Cruz hit lead off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And Dylan Cruz has gone back and forth about that Cruz hit third this time, but he's also done lead up the leadoff spot as well, and he's gotten some interesting playing time. And then Dylan Lyle was cleanup.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so today Lyle was on the bench, Cruise let off, and Abrams hit clean up and Brady House was at three. So a lot of weird shifting with James Wood down. This is more of a Wood being out than the trade deadline.
Speaker 2: So yeah, but you know, still like yeah, and Dylan Cruise has been getting his playing time, which I think has been something really important. And I will say I'm worried. I'm not gonna let it fully get me back in. But he's doing kind of what he did the previous season, where you know, ten percent barrel, forty four percent hard hit rate, kzer down, launch angles up, he's pulling the ball a little bit more and his XBA is better than his batting average. Like hand up like this, a little hand up here. If you're gonna have one of the most powerful offenses in baseball centered around Wood and Abrams and you got Dylan Cruz that's gonna be hitting near them, like maybe a breakout is going to be on the horizon if you can just get those contact numbers up a little bit. That's really really what you want to see.
Speaker 3: Hasn't hit better than two thirty four in a month yet.
Speaker 2: And weirdly, dude, check this out, he's hitting one seventy nine against righty's three or four against lefties.
Speaker 3: That's what the hell is weird. Yeah, it's just like a weird split for him. So there you go.
Speaker 2: Those are some of the deadline rotational kind of breakdowns giving us an opportunity to talk about some players and breakdowns and stuff, and that is what has been post trade deadline, and there's still some more stuff on the way. All right, final up here, let's look at the two start pitchers. Things things can really start getting wonky, you just want to point out as you get into August. But looking at CBS's two starter, we'll start at the top. Guys that are no concern Dylan Cees, Paul Skeins, Trek Scougble, Sonny Gray. Those guys all got two starts next week. Logan Henderson, by the way, he's in the don't worry about camp though he does have the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: But I ain't worried about it.
Speaker 2: Brian Wu No hesitation with Sean Burke. He's actually got a phenomenal matchup next week, the Reds and the Tigers.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 2: Trevor Rodgers is good, Yuri Perez, Reed, Detmer, Shoto, Imanaga, Rangers, Suarez, taymor Biby, Tigers and Padres any hesitation whatsoever? Eighty four percent owned on CBS.
Speaker 3: Is that any? Does that stop gap you at all? No?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I think after all, then how about this.
Speaker 2: Noah Cameron, he's got He's technically lined up to go against the Dodgers and Trek Scouble in the first start, but then it's the Angels, but both are road games.
Speaker 3: Don't care. No Cameron was he went eight innings, he struck out nine or whatever in his last start. So yeah, I'm rolling Cameron.
Speaker 2: Ryan Weathers I think has been pretty good. I don't really supermind those matchups. I don't mind Bryce Elder. He's got the Mets and he's got the Diana. Divebacks are tough, but I don't think I hate those. But how about this one? Freddy Peralta No at the A's and then at home in Baltimore.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no no. And then check this out, dude, look at this. So it goes like CBS is like.
Speaker 2: It'll it'll do the start percentage and then it'll show the roster percentage. So like Freddy Peerltz is like eighty six percent on and that's going to change forty three percent start rate. The next guy is Christian Scott, who's got the Braves in Washington. I'm gonna say no on that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I thought Christian Scott was coming around the corner here and he has not been good, so yeah, let's but.
Speaker 2: Also more those I don't want him to go against the Braves in Washington.
Speaker 3: I don't want to do that.
Speaker 2: But it just doesn't go deep enough into games to matter yet. Yeah, exactly sixty was Christian Scott. Then it jumps down into guys that are thirty percent or under. So you've got I don't know if this is gonna continue, but if this is gonna roll, but Eric Lower is scheduled for two I wonder if they could take that second away with like maybe a Snell start, but he's scheduled against Kansas City of Milwaukee.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're nae Snell's gonna come back, they said. They said Snell's next start is in the Big so he's not gonna get these two starts. So no, okay?
Speaker 2: Uh Dean Kremer has got Baltimore and the Phillies.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, I you know what, Philly's been bad recently. I'm okay with that one. I'm gonna say no. I don't like that one.
Speaker 2: I don't like Jacob Lopez. I don't particular like Andrew Painter, Rett Louder, White Sox and the Marlins.
Speaker 3: Pass.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I like any of the Okay, then here's a couple of interesting ones. Cody Brawd just coming back. I don't think he's gonna go deep enough into games. But how about Mitch Bratt, who Midge Bratt five percent on on CBS, has got Colorado, and then he does have a road game against the Braves. But how about that last outing where he looked dominant. I mean he went seven I think it was one hit. He's now sporting on the season a three nine ERA and six starts.
Speaker 3: His whip is high.
Speaker 2: His strikeouts have to kind of keep rolling, but he went seven with nine strikeouts in this start. He has gone five in his three last starts, two of them which was against the Guardians and the Padres, both really tough matchups, have both been good. He did have some rough patches before that, but the last two starts specifically, he has been pretty good. Low PERCENTA Jones, yay or nay? You start him next week one two.
Speaker 3: I'll go with Mitch. I'll go with Mitch Bratt. I mean the nine K's was very, very impressive, so yeah, I'll stick with them for the rest.
Speaker 2: I don't really like on Dobbin's Quantrill did well on some Irvan.
Speaker 3: Anybody do anything for you? Nope, no, not at all.
Speaker 2: All right, well, there you go. That's that is the episode my friends. Next week will be slightly wonky ish because I'm not around on Monday, maybe later Monday night actually, to be honest with you, but I got according it with Bogman. But Bogmin, I forgot. It's not around on Monday, So Tuesday we will see if we can. We'll have the baseball episode out, so it'll just be a day later for that bad boy. But yeah, we got the normal two episodes. I believe I Bogmin's not on leading off next week. But I am on Wednesday. Maybe you guys want to tune in. I'm not on Monday because I'm off. But yeah, we got all the normal stuff in two episodes coming in as we're gonna be prepping you guys for your playoff runs. So make sure you're subscribe to the podcast. But in this League dot com if you want to support the boys, we appreciate you. August Marty prepping for the next Dynasty and Prospect update that's gonna be happening. The last month update was really late into August, but I don't anticipate this next one to be that late. And I'm actually when I get back on off of Monday, which I am my son's birthday, So Minie Welsh, we could wish a happy birthday to meet Welsh on Monday, and we're we're taking him to the Greatest of Wolf's, the Greatest of the logs for his birthday. So that and fun fact, this is how great my kids are. This is actually a present from my daughter to him.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, lot this.
Speaker 2: Because she got she does some work and more money than us now yeah yeah, and our acting stuff and she paid for this for herself, so she is I mean you know what I'll end up having to pay for, but it's never going to be free for me.
Speaker 3: But that is a present.
Speaker 2: So that's where I will be on Monday, uh, hanging with the kiddos and doing that. But we'll be back with it and after that I'm going to be planning the p one, a VP's Prospect ADP system, which you guys I think will be into.
Speaker 3: But that's it.
Speaker 2: False on Twitter, is at the Welsh and at Bogman's Sports. You guys have a fantastic weekend and we will talk to you next week right here and then this league.
Speaker 3: He's out