Speaker 1: I Totaly Cunningham, the Great American back from the investiture of this a fancy work created by lawyers, the investitor of Joseph T and T Jaters from Supreme Court of Ohio. He was sworn in yesterday by Tanyo O'Rourke and his kids also robed him. So to speak. I had some funging comments to make about Joe TNT Deaters. I'll tell the story briefly. I know Jim mooreing time is valuable and he's waiting. But in nineteen eighty five, I was down at the Hamlety County Board of Elections doing my show as I did every election cycle, and I always dealt with the big issues and the big candidates. In nineteen eighty five and a guy named Joe Dieters was running with Frank Weichel, and there was two seats to be elected in Springfield Township. The incumbents were Frank Weichel of the inquir and also John wax Munsky. And running with Frank Weichael was a young man named Joe Dieters. And he taps you on the shoulder at the Board of Elections doing my show during the break, and I turnaround and he plaps me on the shoulder and says, hey, can I get on the air? And I said, what's your name? He said, Joe Dieters. I said, didn't you just lose to John wax Munsky. He said, yes, I did. I said, you got no chance, You're done. No, you can't get on the air. So with that yesterday I turned around and point to justice Joe Dieters, and I said, I guess I was wrong. Something became of that guy. But that's a different issue. And also we got you see, and Xavier's just dominating their leagues. You see, looks great, wonderful. It's a big ten, big twelve, big fourteen, not sure what it is. And of course Xavier is unbelievable. They're at home, they're undefeated, untied, unscored on and I think the two teams have played a total of nine games in their league and they're one in eight, kind of like the Bengal was the first two games of the season for the last five or six years. But joining me now with glory as Jim Mooring at the Holy Grail and also from the banks, Jim, is there anything we look forward to other than the Reds Pitchers and Casher's reporting in thirty two days athletically.
Speaker 2: You know, eleven weeks from tomorrow you will be down at my wonderful establishment and giving us an oration that I will tell you. I have them all recorded in the last ten years, and one gets better than the other.
Speaker 1: Well, this show come up, start.
Speaker 2: Writing down the notes. Do you think the Supreme Court Justice will come and join us on opening day this year?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, if he does, I'm gonna bring up this story.
Speaker 1: About this guy wax Monsky.
Speaker 2: I gotta think it's wax Monsky.
Speaker 1: Wax Monsky. But to his credit, Joe went he won the next eleven races. But nonetheless, to start off with that lass, you know.
Speaker 2: He when's out there working hard, and he's working hard for us now.
Speaker 1: All right now, he says working double. I mean, he is doing great work. And I love the guy. If he was a woman, I kiss him right on the lips. Of course, he's got Tanyo O'Rourke to do that. Waking up every morning with her is not a bad thing, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I could not agree more. She seems like a fan.
Speaker 1: She's a wonderful being, she's a good lady, when.
Speaker 2: You when you when you had all your willies, didn't you always dream of, Hey, this would be great with the Bengals going nine and eight. The Reds were not at the park. Now the thing that should be leading us through the winter season. Oh, I beloved UC Bearcats and Zager looking the way they do.
Speaker 1: Miller time. It's Miller time at both schools. Time to start drinking. But can we talk about the facts. We had a news conference about a half an hour ago and it dealt with I guess the powers that be are kind of saying, at least now that the new so called coliseum will not be at the Banks, will not be in its present location. It's going to be maybe over the overlap of I seventy five when they redo that thing in maybe the twenty second century. Or it might be up by t it might be up by FCC Stadium, might be there, might be somewhere else. And what are the merchants that the Banks think about this?
Speaker 2: You know, the first and foremost we've been talking about this arena, you know in two thousand and one, yes when I was named the vice president and general manager down at then the First Star Center. Now Harodan's Bank Arena. You know, we went in there and we knew that the arena haanced issues that had been renovated in ninety seven, and we started the conversations about either renovating or moving things forward. So for it to get to a point now where the Chamber has stepped in really taken a grasp of this thing and said, okay, we're lining everybody up. We need a new arena. The folks that run the arena right now, they're great folks. They are busting their butts. They've got some great events down there, but they know that they have challenges now. They know that we need something challenging. So to get to a point where we are all now aligned to say, hey, let's get everybody on the same page. We need a new arena in Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: But is it gonna you want it to be? Let's cut through the bs. You wanted to be in this present location and the powers that be Brendan Call, etc. Don't want to put it there. Correct.
Speaker 2: Well, the study came out and it didn't have that listed. What we're saying is, you know, as you know, there's been about three billion dollars spent on the infrastructure for the.
Speaker 1: Banks, right, a lot of money. Yeah, we hosts.
Speaker 2: You know this past year you had Luke Combes and the Reds on the same night. Two years ago you had Taylor Swift and the Reds on the same night. They brought Octoberfest to us. This year, everybody is very comfortable and understanding on how to get to the banks. All of the infrastructure being all the roads, all the highways. You know, remember how Fort Washington Way was at Spaghetti mess They streamlined it. You have a huge Second and Third Street that was all designed to handle the crowds for Paul Brown Stadium, for a American, for your ballpark, and for the arena. It was all gritted to make sure that this was all centered around the Banks. We have all spent a lot of money making sure that that infrastructure was going to be there. Secondly, you have a five thousand person parking garage that is right underneath all of us, that feeds all of us. Our contention is will be and we're going to add Look, this is to advocate to have the arena at the Banks, and that is what we are going to continue to do. Not only do all the infrastructure numbers point that way, but the actual cost points that way. You know, there is a study. I'm told that the arena will fit where it's at and that it would be approximately six hundred and six million dollars versus what the study is coming out and saying anywhere from eight hundred and fifty or I'm sorry, six hundred and fifty million to eight hundred million. We think it's the best place.
Speaker 1: Whoever, whoever pays for, whoever pays for the band calls the tune and the chamber, who's putting up the money for this? Because you know, we've got a billionaire and a billion there, and suddenly we're to start talking about real money. Who's going to pay for like seven hundred million dollars?
Speaker 2: Well, and that's look if if somebody is going to come out and there as a private investor that's going to come out and say, hey, here's you know, four or five hundred million dollars towards this project, right, they can pick wherever the heck they want to put it. That's awesome, that's fantastic. I would love to see that. If we're going to get public dollars involved, you know, we need to have I don't even say it a thing not seated at the table. We're just here advocating, saying doesn't make the most sense to utilize all the assets that are currently in place and put this arena where you know it is currently or sub version of that at the banks.
Speaker 1: Now, let me let me ask you a big question, Jay, Are you ready for the big question? Early on Jim Brendan call in the chamber along with the powers that be, does not have the present location in the final three. They must know that they're not. They must know everything you know, and so they factor everything you said and everything you believe, especially at your news conference half an hour ago. The the factor that in not selecting the Heritage Bank Center is the place. So what are they thinking that you maybe maybe you don't know, don't relate or whatever it be. Could it be that lender at FCC is going to put up the five hundred million dollars and put it right next to TQL Stadium.
Speaker 2: That would be fantastic private money. That's that's their call, Willy. You know that that's free enterprise, right, If that's where you know, if their donors or people that are going to take on this project, I would love them for it. It would be fantastic, put it wherever the heck they want to put it. That that is their prerogative as entrepreneurs, as business owners. More power to you. But you know what we're hearing, and it's very public, was that you know two thirds of this project is going to be publicly financed. A third will be financed. Okay, if there's two, it's going to be public dollars. We're advocating that it is down at the banks.
Speaker 1: And the other the other factor, Jim Mooring of Holy Grail and the banks. Is this that I can recall about twenty years ago when Chaz Lucan the first is like Ramsys, he's going to put a lid over the top of Fort Washington Way, and they did certain infrastructure to make sure the lid would work in the future. And now they're talking about taking that lid, put it on Fort Washington Way where the snow cannot be cleared, and that's going to be reclaimed ten to fifteen acres, which is right up against the banks. I'll ask you the question, fantastic is that a reality at this point some twenty years later or not?
Speaker 2: Well, I will tell you. Since you want to invoke our Mayor Luken. When I took this arena out of Bennett Eye, when we took the arena out of bankruptcy, I was the vice president and general manager starting in two thousand and one. I had all kinds of ideas and things we want to do, and here's how we need to change some things and we can renovate and do some more stuff. And I was holding a press conference because we had gone out and secured conference USA's department for was it two thousand and two or yeah, two thousand and two, And I'm all excited. I'm meeting the mayor for the first time. And he looked at me and he said, Jimmy, we should have got a new arena when we did these other two buildings. We screwed it up. We should have put everything together one time. So that was, you know, I hate to say it, I'm getting a little bit older. That was twenty three years ago. Wow, And it was identified and then as an issue. It is identified now is a huge issue, and you know, we need to get moving on this. I think everybody's lock step down. I think it's a fantastic thing that we've got to this point. You know, as a business owner, down there. The great thing about it, Willie is you know, the folks that run the arena right now are busting their asses with some great events, right. You know, that's the thing that people tend to forget is artists want to come to the city. They just had Jelly Roll, your favorite artist, you know, jelly Roll.
Speaker 1: I love Jelly row Man. He had that song as religious in its context, and you do know, I know, I know jelly rolls Save me, Lord Save me. I like jelly Roll and his life and from a prison cell to music city. I mean, you're talking about a guy that lived at all heroin dealer, ank all over his body, fat as the segment, terrible condition. Now he's running marathons and he's a star. I love jelly Roll. In fact, I like to enjoy. I like to dak somehow, and then I love jelly.
Speaker 2: Rom Back off of segment.
Speaker 1: I'm recording the facts of facts.
Speaker 2: That's all I do as a business owner at the banks and I and this is not just the Holy grailit I have to say, this is all the bank's stakeholders steel. The same way, the fact that Jelly Roll was there on a Monday night November was huge for a business. In fact, Bisley Eilish came in, you had Dayton and you see playing down there, you know, on a Friday night in December huge for us. This week you've got certisile A coming in.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 2: If you look at the canter in January and February, that arena is busy virtually every Friday and Saturday night. That's impot a time when we would when we would be the slowest. But you know, Ray and Christmas folks are busting their butt. They know, just like everybody else does. That arena has challenges. And it's time for the city, the county, everybody to get together and embrace the fact that, yes, we need a new arena.
Speaker 1: It's got to happen with the Energy Center, with a new hotel. And you can't you can't have a crappy arena. And I know Heritage is punching above their pay grade, but let's face it, it can't be. It's got to be modern, it's got to be built, It's got to be somewhere. I'm going to have on later Brendan call what should we tell Brent? What should I tell Brendan call of the chamber about why it should be at the banks.
Speaker 2: It makes the most sense. It's just it's you know, when our buddy Mo always says, where the common sense guy at I want to be the common sense guy that says, too many things lead to lead us to this. It brings us right back to the bank's location. And let's let's have the meaningful conversation about that. And you know that's what we're going to do next. We are going to go to the elected officials and say, hey, we're down here. We're going to raise our hand and maybe stump our feet a little bit and say, you know, this is this is kind of weird that we were left out of this process. All right, Jim, that's the process. But you know what I'm saying, Yeah, you're in that it should be identified, right. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, if someone puts up the money, so be it. But if it's mainly public money, then the public needs an input, a big input.
Speaker 2: Agreed to, a thousand agree, one thousand percent. Look if somebody, if somebody's coming up with that check, i'd love them, thank you for doing it, thanks for helping out the city. But if it's going to be two thirds public money, then you know, let's do what we think is the right thing and the most prudent thing, and that's to put the arene in the Thanks all.
Speaker 1: Right, Jim Mooring on four to my speech on Red's opening day, And this year I have.
Speaker 2: A eleven weeks eleven weeks more.
Speaker 1: It's going to be unbelievable and the play is gonna be hopefully that's not bad. I mean, I don't know what they're gonna do with him and Matt McLain. I thought he was kind of uh the second basement. Maybe not in of course you have you have Martee at a third not performing, so we'll see what happens. But uh, I'm more I could not. I am so I'm optimist. I'm optimistic.
Speaker 2: You got t have you have you have you met? You got to talk to Tito yet.
Speaker 1: No I haven't. Uh, Marty and I and Tino are going to play golf when he gets back here because he wants got to Kenwood and play. And I said, absolutely a fourth you're it because we're going to get out there. I think I love that guy. He was Michael Jordan's baseball manager and uh, he's got a couple of World Series rings and they wouldn't have hired him, but they weren't ready to win. And I think the Reds this year are ready to win. I might be wrong. I've been proven wrong in the past since nineteen ninety, don't now thirty five years. But this point is at the point I think the Reds are going to arise. It's going to be the hunt for a Red's October, is what I say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I cannot agree more. And you know what next year, are beloved bangles, watch out, watch out. I think this is a wake up call this year.
Speaker 1: I hope, I hope. All I have is hope. That's all I have is hope. And Jim moooring, I'll do my part and thank you very much and we'll see you.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much. Yeah, I appreciate you so so much.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Hi, Jim, You're the best.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Let's continue with more. I'm going to get into the issue also as to why your street isn't cleared. I've spoken to some public officials who try to explain it to me that at one point you have the township or the city, at another point you have the county or the state. Then another point you got the state or the Fed. You've got the Feds of the state, the county, of the city, the township of the city, municipality, and then you go back and forth, and I want to know, what in the hell is going on around this place, and why can't you get off Mount Adams. I don't know. Let's continue, Bill Cunningham, News Radio seven hundred WLW Man, Okay, let you and not get into the issues now. I have coming up at one o'clock Tom Weedman, who is the Sycamore Township Trustee but also president. He's the Joe Biden of the Township Trustees Associations, in which many questions need to be raised about the inability of city government and county government and township government to clear the roads. A basic function of government is to keep the roads open, would you agree. I had a conversation with him last night in his modified palacial estate talking about how come when I've noticed that certain parts of a township, Sycamore Township, Kenwood roads are cleared and other parts they're not cleared of the same township. He talked to me about incorporated and unincorporated parts of the township. We then got into municipal road clearing, the plowing, municipal road clearing, of course, is different than township road clearing. And as you know, there's always a line between the city and the township, and that line normally has a little sign off to their heights. I welcome to the City of Deer Park, or welcome to Green Township. You're out of the municipalities, out of Harrison, out of the City of Cincinnati. I think does it the worst way. And at some point I want to hear from you about your area. I know everyone listens to my talk show from twelve to three to try to get you some help. And I'll give credit to Seth Walsh who came on with Sloany this morning to talk about well, things are messy, things are screwed up. We simply have to do better because these things are happening again and again and again. You can't scale a snow operation to having ten inches or twelve inches or fourteen inches followed by thick ice very many times a year because you don't have enough personnel to do it, and the personnel are working double, triple and quadruple time. As you may know. But if you live in Mount Adams or certain parts of Green Township or the City of Harrison, you're screwed, blue tattooed, and barbecued. You can't get out, you can't get to work. In fact, if you live on Mount Adams, I think about eight thousand people live there, you can't get on Mount Adams. You can't get off because there's no snow plowing at all on Mount Adams. To hear the argument of the so called administration of city manager Cheryl Loong talking about, well, we have nowhere to put the snow. As you may know, the Great Americans spent about five years in New York City doing my television show, and I watched it every time it snowed in New York City. As they had back they had back hoes, they had backloaders, they had trucks, dump trucks, and they had front end loaders. And what they would do, would we have the dump truck in front of the front end loader. They would load up the snow, put it in the back of the large dump truck and then take it down to the east of the Harlem River where the Hudson. They drop it in the river and then go back and get some more. To hear from the City of Cincinnati, well we have no where to put it. Are you kidding me. We have a large body of water called the Ohio River, which is next to Mount Adams. That's where you put the snow. New York City is not the best run city in the world, in fact to one of the worst. But at least they can clear snow and the traffic problems and the cars parked and all that, and the number of cars is much greater than the city of Cincinnati. So I have to have pirival ought to say, get a hold of Boston, get a hold of Washington, DC, get a hold in New York City. A lot more people, a lot more snow, and the coverage is a whole lot better than the city of Cincinnati. You simply get a front end loader and have a truck, and you pick up the snow and you drop it in the large truck. It could be a dump truck or something else. And then you work up the hill and you keep having trucks behind you to fill it up with snow some more, take it down to the river and dump it, or dump it somewhere else. Saw your point, Dump it somewhere other than Mount Adams. It is simply not an answer to say that I'm sorry, we can't get you. We'll talk to you later. When I look at my app it appears that the temperature are going to be well below freezing for the next two weeks, and in fact, as far as far as the eye can see, we're going to have ice everywhere. The most basic function of government is to keep the roads and bridges open. Would you agree? I think the answer is yes, so simply to say, and it could be Green Township. I have friends of mine that live in Green Township and Anderson Township. Their roads have not been touched yet. Talked to a prominent attorney who lives in Green Township, who must be nameless, who said he doesn't have the capability of plowing his driveway, but he can get his driveway plowed, but his street is slightly uphill to the main drag, and he knows he can't get up that with front wheel drive. It is not going to work. And now that the snow's become solid ice, it's even more difficult. And this is true in Boone County, Tony Bender, the Great Tony Bender. Maybe I'll call public officials in Boone County that the main drags are plowed most of the side streets, but when the plow comes through, they erect a four to five foot barrier in front of your driveway. So when he comes home at six or seven o'clock at night, there's a six foot wall of ice keeping him from entering his driveway. Now the roads are somewhat clear, but he cannot get into his driveway till he stops, gets out, goes and gets his shovel and get to work for about forty five minutes to get rid. And it's ice at this point. Tonight's low according to Steve Rawley's going to be three degrees. The most basic function of government is to have clear roads and highways, and there are many parts of our great country that deal with these snowstorms all the time. It would behoove the city to contact those individuals to say, we have nowhere to put it, we don't know what to do, no, ask how others are getting it done properly, and follow that lead. So I'm sure we're A council member, Seth Walsh is well intended, seems like a nice guy. He seems more confident than the other ones. But nonetheless he is demanding somehow that the city come up with a plan to clear the road. So people can leave Mount Adams or Mount Auburn. I had an appointment on Tuesday with doctor Fisher at christ that was canceled because it was the roads in and around Christ's Hospital on Monday and Tuesday were impassable. And that's like a main drag, you know what I'm saying, So please, this is not going to change the next two weeks. In fact, there's another couple inches supposedly coming on Friday, which is like nothing. But we had winners like this. For those who can recall all the time. When I came back from University of Tillydol Law School in nineteen seventy seven, the first winter here was unbelievable. May and my buddies walked down to the High River near the Serpentine the public landing and the High River was completely frozen, and people were walking on the Ohio River and others were playing hockey on the Ohio River. It was frozen solid. It was when winters set in. It meant that winter can continued from December all the way through February into March. This weather for Cincinnati is not unusual. In fact, in years past it was common. We've gone through a little bit of a stretch here with mild winters no more. When I have on Steve Gorham, some of my experts that these are more typical winners of the nineteen fifties, sixties and seventies than they've been recently. And if this is coming back, then the city's got to be prepared and simply can't say, well, we have nowhere to put the snow. I know where to terry to put the snow, but that's a different issue. There's ways of handling this properly and allowing the city roads, highways and bridges to be acceptable. Another problem for my conversation last night with Tom Weedman, president of the Township Association, he said the duty of a township is to clear its roads, but not the roads of unincorporated parts of the township, nor municipal parts of a township or municipal parts of Hamilton County. So there's various ideations. Number One, there's the Interstate Highway system who has to who has to clear the roads for that, including the on and off ramps which are not being done. Secondly, there's the county responsibility, which is similar to the state responsibility o DOT to clear certain state roads, but not unincorporated township municipal roads, so they have to they have to clear, for example, Montgomery Road until it gets to an incorporated part of the township, in which case it stops. So if you're coming up Montgomery Road, which is like twenty two and three, if you see the signs, they're a state route, so that is a state and or county responsibility to clear until that point, I think. And then once it becomes Blue Ash or Montgomery, that's when the responsibility of the township ends. Then the municipality's got to pick out up from that point. So you can have the township and unincorporated areas clearing the roads, and they stop right in the middle of Montgomery Road, for example, or Kenwood Road and Glenway Avenue and says, okay, we don't have to plow anymore past that. They stop because they have other duties to do. They gotta clear difference, and then it's up to the municipality, whether it's the city of Cincinnati or the city of Montgomery, or the city of Blue Ash or the City of Harrison or the city of Deer Park, to cleare its own roads. So then they got to pick it up. And so you have the state, let's begin at the top. You have the Federal Highway System have rules. You have the state o DOT have rules. You have the county that has rules. You have municipalities that have rules, and you have townships that have rules. And there's different rules within those rules on what streets have to be cleared and when they have to be cleared because it depends on who has to maintain the property. So you have several four or five different jurisdictions on the same pavement because you go into the next jurisdiction and I'm thinking, what the hell is going on around this place, and it's not getting any better. There are large numbers, maybe a third of the workforce, and within the sound of my voice, that can't get the work. The roads are not clear. And if you have front wheel drive vehicles, and like in my driveway, the last thirty feet of my driveway or is slightly uphill, just which you don't notice until it's all ice and snow. And thank god for Jim Bailey of Evans Landscaping, Thank god for him. And I have a Blazer with a four wheel drive. I could go right up. But if you have front wheel drive and you have a little bit of an incline to get up. You're not getting up. Then you get on the road, get on. I saw it constantly the Kenwick Town Center that pickup trucks especially could not matriculate slightly uphill or even level if there's snow and ice, because front wheel drive doesn't do you any good on an icy road. Black ice has nothing. Yesterday, when I went up to Columbus for the investiture of Justice Joe Dieters, which was wonderful, Sharon Kennedy and the crew, the Fisher Thedwine, Megan Shanahan did a great job. All from Cincinnati. There was a little bit of talk. I referred to the Ohio Supreme Court as the Supreme Court of Hambleton County. We've never had four justices from Hamlin County to the High Supreme Court, and really the fifth one counts. Also Sharon Kennedy the chief, and what a fabulous chief justice she is was I went to high school here in Hamilton County at Seaton. She went to UC Law School. She lives in Butler County. She was a may I use the term low level cop in the city of Hamilton. Writing tickets twenty five years later, she's sitting on the High Supreme Court. Not bad. So this part of the state has tremendous power, including Alex Trontafilu, who's the chair of the Republican Party State of Ohio, lives in Green Township. Throw on top of that, JD. Vance, Vice President lives in High Park. At no point in our history if we had close to the political power that we have today, but none of the power comes out of the City of Cincinnati. That cannot clear roads because there's nowhere to put the snow. That is a stupid and that is a wrong answer for share along the city manager to make because cities constantly clear roads that are tight because they have somewhere to put the snow. That the fallback position would be the Ohio River. It is a great place to put the snow, or there's plenty of other flat areas around the Great American Ballpark. And you simply have to have the will to get it done. You have to have dump trucks that are empty, large trucks, and you pick up the snow, put it in the dump truck, travel down to the Ohio River. Start at the low part of Mount Auburn or Mount Adams and simply go to the top and it gets it done. It happens all the time here. It is Wednesday afternoon, and they have no plan to do this until the nature cooperates. And if I check my app, we got Jesse Brewers texting in from Boone County zero issues to the county or the city of Florence. That makes sense to me. But anyway, anyway, let's continue with the weather. When I look at my Steve Rawley app the temperatures a week from today, our schedule would be a one degree is a low and a high twenty six and no point in the next ten days do we get over guess what thirty two degrees. So it looks to me like when liberal Democrats are involved with doing something essential excuses are found instead of work that gets the job done. And the excuse is, wow, this is unusual, this is not unusual. They have these conditions. The city is built on seven beautiful hills. We may dispute which are the seven which make up the seven hills of Cincinnati. To commemorate Rome itself, Cincinnatus Cincinnati. That's the way it works. But nonetheless, we're a hilly community that has to have competency at city Hall that we currently do not have. The argument can't be well, we've never done this before, or there's too much snow, or we have nowhere to put it. Are you kidding me? I guarantee you that long term, if you had someone like Tom Weedman or the City of Madeira involved in this thing, it would be solved by now. And there's nothing to change over the next three or four or five days other than more snow and more ice coming. So get it done. And Jim moooring, you know, the banks are out of business because they have little or no snow removal and people can't move largely in the city of Cincinnati for doctor's appointments, hospital visits much less athletic activities of course, you see, and Xavier is not much worth watching anymore. I thought Wes Miller would do a much better job at you See. And I'm somewhat shocked that Sean Miller doesn't have Xavier playing better. That they lose easily to Saint John's and my good friend Rick Patino, which is unbelievable. And Wes Miller, how about you see, was out rebounded forty to sixteen, and they shot thirty five percent from the field. You see Xavier against a team that should have beat. Saint John's were three of seventeen to start the game, three of seventeen out rebounded. They gave up twenty offensive rebounds. Everywhere I look, I see opportunities, I see challenges. But one thing's got to happen. The City of Cincinnati, the heart that beats the tri State, has got to get his competency act together and make sure that when it snows, these streets are cleared. Especially due to the hilly nature of what we have. I can't imagine what it would be like to live in Mount Adams right now, because it doesn't You can't get off, you can't get on. You have to park at the old Greyhound bus station or the casino, got to walk up the snowy hill and you're done. The city's got to have a better a plan, much less a better plan. They got to have a better plan to solve the problem. All let's continue after one o'clock today is the Tom weaedman. After our discussions of last night about why certain streets are plowed in certain streets are not plowed, he explained it to me. Now explained it in a way that I didn't fully understand or grasp, other than there's four or five different government entities, each with the responsibilbility of clearing. It's part of the roadway, and you stop at that point. In fact, there are certain parts of townships where the southern two lane highway one lane is in a township, the other lanes in the city. So the township will plow its side of the roadway but not the municipal side, and the municipal the city will plow its side but not the township side. What the hell is going on around this place. It's unbelievable. Let's continue with more plus At least we have used C and xavier to keep us occupied until Reds Baseball starts in about five weeks from now. Pitchers and catchers report about eleven weeks from now to be the Reds teeen and up. I'll give my great speech to the Holy Grail. But congratulations to Joe Dieters, who started from nowhere and now sits on the state's highest bench, and all the Cincinnatians that are dominating politics in the state but also nationally with JD and so so much more. But City Cincinnati. Please get your act together. Don't be a clown. Let's continue twelve to fifty five. Home of your Bengals. You see Xavier and the Reds News Radio seven hundred ww Dolly Cunningham, Let's continue now. Going up to Columbus yesterday for the sacred investiture of Joe Eaters was an easy event. I left Keller Road, it was clear. Gone on Montgomery Road, it was clear. Gone on I seventy one entry ramps, it was clear. Seventy one up to Columbus was you could have eaten off the roadway. It was clear getting off the roadway, and Columbus Mike Dwine made sure everything around the Supreme Court was clear. It was all clear. I get there, I come back. But now I find out from Tony Bender, from a good friend of mine who lives in Mount Adams, and from those who are in Fort Washington the way things are complete turmoil. Try to get down to Clifton, into the city of Cincinnati for an appointment to see a doctor about your gallbladder. That'll never happen. But until then, Tom Weedman, you're the Sycamore Township Trustee without equal. And also Tom Weedman, you're the president, chairman of the board and chief bottle washer of the township associations in Hamleton County. So we had a discussion last night off the air about what's happening between the townships, which are like the cities and municipalities clearing up the roads. And then you have the county, which Beck I think does a pretty good job in general. He has certain responsibilities. Then you have the state of o Dot having certain responsibilities for certain streets. Then you got the Interstate Highway, which is completely different than all the rest. Tony Bender complains constantly when you go north and I seventy one to get off of Kenrad Road exit, it's never plowed. But Montgimmery Road tends to be plowed, Keller tends to be plowed, Fox Cub tends not to be plowed. Mount Adams is never plowed. Clipton's in big trouble. Try to get to the hospitals. You can't get there. So can you tell the American people, as an eminent elected official, what in the hell's going on around this place? Municipal, township, state, county, feds explain it all. Why your road hasn't cleared? Your street? Give me a full report. There's a question in there somewhere. Answer it, well, Bill, it's always good to be with you. I bet so. The state roads that.
Speaker 3: You mentioned are all plowed by the state OHD on including I seventy five OH dot correct. Montgomery Road is Montgomery Road is a state road, so they handle that in unincorporated areas like Sycamore Township. As you know, we have fifty one linear miles a road in Sycamore Township. Okay, and.
Speaker 1: We handle our own roads.
Speaker 3: We plow our own roads. We do not have the obligation in the unincorporated area of Sycamore Township to plow the county or state roads. They do that on their own. However, let's use Let's use Montgomery as an example, or Kenwood as an example. Montgomery Road is a state road in the city of Montgomery. As Montgomery Road goes through the city of Montgomery starting at Kennedy Lane, they have an obligation to clear the state road as a city. Why because they are incorporated. They're an incorporated city, a municipality, and we are not.
Speaker 1: So you could be a state road if it's incorporate, which means you're a municipality. That is your beauty. But if it's unincorporated and then it's not, that's correct.
Speaker 2: That's correct.
Speaker 3: So if you take Kenwood Road, as you know, Kenwood Road goes right through our business district. The county plows Kenwood Road all the way until just past the McEwan store or landscape where it becomes Blue Ash Blue and that's when Blue Ash takes over and takes care of that road.
Speaker 1: So the unincorporated, which is you're unincorporated, you'll go up to the Blue Ash line the Montgomery line, then you stop. Then it's up to the city that's incorporated to plow its roads, even though it's a state road, which is twenty two and three is the numbers i'd sign. The township does the part that is unincorporated, and then incorporated, incorporated does the parts of the township road that's incorporated, and the unincorporated doesn't do the incorporated. Is that correct? You're in total state of confusion.
Speaker 3: I think the township does not do the unincorporated portion of the state road. The state does that. The county does the portion of the road within the township. So the township is basically so the township is basically doing their fifty one linear miles the road, which is all of the residential communities. But we are not doing the main arteries. That's done by the county and or the state.
Speaker 1: And so if you're in Montgomery Road, it's twelve inches of snow and ice. You could be doing like Kenwood of Montgomery Road up to an incorporated area and you stop right there.
Speaker 3: Correct, Yeah, it can happen. I mean, And then we've actually if you look at Kennedy Lane, half of it is Montgomery and half of his Sycamore. We've seen times where Sycamore has cleaned off the south side of Kennedy and Montgomery hasn't touched the north side.
Speaker 1: Of No, so what about this isn't your Bailey Wick but Mount Adams. I have a friend of mine who lives in Mount Adams not been outsince Sunday. In fact, you can't get out of Mount Adams. You can't leave Mount Adams, you can't go into Mountain or inner.
Speaker 3: City of Cincinnati is horrible at moving snow. They do a terrible job. They've notoriously been terrible at it. And it doesn't surprise me. You can't get the cliff and probably you can't get the money Adams, you probably can't get anywhere in the city because they're horrible at moving snow.
Speaker 1: And right now it's frozen solid, correct, right now? Absolutely, And so now what do you do for the next ten days? If you live in Mount Adams or parts of Boone County, another thing has tony tony bender all fired up. They'll shovel of the trucks will come out and then build out like a four to five foot barrier on your driveway. And so he comes home at six o'clock at night and the road is clear right to his house, but he's got a four foot barrier that is get out of his car and shovel the ice and snow to get in his driveway. Don't you guys understand that's a problem.
Speaker 3: Well, look Bill, Yeah, when you have that kind of snow and they're plowing, their goal is to plow the streets. They can't ply your driveway as well. Unfortunately, there's gonna be a wall there and you have to figure out how to clean it up yourself. And we get complaints from time to time about that, and there's nothing you can do about it.
Speaker 2: We're running.
Speaker 3: We're running these guys twelve hour shifts in the snow that you can barely see through. And because it's coming down so hard and they can't they can't stop at each drive.
Speaker 1: Out and say, you know what, can't they take the the attachment on the front. Can't they move that just at an angle to make sure when they get to a house that they don't erect a four to five foot concrete barrier?
Speaker 2: Am?
Speaker 1: I am? I missing something here?
Speaker 3: You are missing something. They're moving way too fast for.
Speaker 5: That they got in order.
Speaker 3: I remember riding on the one of the trucks with Tracy Kellums one night and it was coming down so hard. We're in Miami, Miami Hills and uh uh, I said, Tracy, we got to go back and do that road. He said, we just did that road. That's how heard it us coming down. You got no time to be moving the plow a little bit so that the it doesn't get in front of the driveway.
Speaker 1: Damn, damn. So you're telling them, you're telling me, Tom, we were like a rocket. You're the head, aren't you? The president of the Township Association in Hamilton County?
Speaker 3: I am.
Speaker 1: There's people in Green Township and Dent. One of my favorite parts of the world is dent and their driveway goes up a little bit of an angle to get to the street, and so they can't get out of their driveway to get to the street. And if they get to the street, it's not plowed anyway. And so if I give you some addresses in Green Township, can you get it done? Or in Mount Adams, or how about interest you won't do it that negative.
Speaker 3: We've got our hands full and Sycamore, we're good.
Speaker 1: Well, you're the president of the whole association. Why don't you take some responsibility.
Speaker 3: You need to call Tony Tony.
Speaker 1: So you're saying for those in the city or any municipality at this point that's locked in and you can't shovel this crap, which is like the consistency of home city ice. You can't get through it. So you're screwed in for another week. It's going to be colder next week than it is now and it's frozen solid and you can't get out. I bet your streets cleared every day. I bet your driveway doesn't have any barriers to get in. What do you think, Tom weedman?
Speaker 3: You know what, My driveway doesn't have any because I got out there and shoveled it all out myself.
Speaker 1: Well, what about the barrier in the front when that when the shovel or when the truck comes by, what about.
Speaker 5: That I got?
Speaker 3: I shoveled it all out and threw it to the side.
Speaker 1: All right. So you're saying you got the municipality and Sycamore Township, but will like plow one side of the road, but the other side's unplowed because it's a municipality right.
Speaker 3: Well, And and like on Kennedy Lane for example, technically I know, I know, we've sometimes Montgomery if they're running down the one way and they come back the other way, they might hit it if we haven't hit it yet, And we'll probably do the same for them because we have a good working relationship for them. I'm just using that as an example that half the street is one is a musicpality, half of it is a township, and those kind of things. The responsibilities are split way between that road, all right.
Speaker 1: So you're saying, there's a chance you can plow up to the municipal line, then you stop, and then Miss Valley got to pick up. And of course they don't do it.
Speaker 3: And like I said, you know, we we've done Kenwood Road. When if if the county is behind and we've got a truck that we can run on Kenwood Road, which is a county road, we've done it, uh and they've helped us in some times as well. We have a good working relationship with the cities around us as well as the U as well as the county. But the if you're talking about a responsibility and who is the responsibility to remove, to move that move that snow, it falls on the county, in townships, on county roads. It falls on the state in townships on state roads, and unlike municipalities where they they handle their snow removal on those on those streets.
Speaker 1: I have no idea what you just said. But I have no idea.
Speaker 3: You're in a state of confusion.
Speaker 1: I live in a state of confusion and chaos. I see chaos everywhere and it's not getting any better. But would you plow a city of Cincinnati? What if the mayor called? You have to have pure of all calls Tom william and say hey Tom, you're the weed man. How about getting we're overwhelmed? Can you plow some City of Cincinnati streets? What would you do?
Speaker 2: That would be a negative. Why are we going to go down to Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: Well, because people live there, people work there, I mean.
Speaker 2: But they don't pay. But they puts in that ship.
Speaker 3: Our township residents pay Texas in this in the township.
Speaker 1: We got to take care. Well, Tony Benner tells me he'll get behind the wheel and he'll do it. In fact, I would think as a man, I would love to be behind a plow. I like to do a shift. I bet that's a to me. That looks like a lot of fun with those with those greens.
Speaker 3: I gotta tell you, it's it's pretty interesting. When I rode with Kellums, it was pretty interesting that we're hauling through these through these down these streets, blowing blowing everywhere, two feet of snow all over the it's it's going up on mailbox. I bet there's nothing you can.
Speaker 5: Do about it.
Speaker 1: And what do you do about cars that are like blocked in because the plow comes through and the cars under like six feet of ice and snow? What about that? Tom weedman? What do you do about that?
Speaker 3: You know, what if if if it's snowing hard and you park your car on the street, you're gonna have a serious digging problem because we're going right around it, and it's gonna and we're gonna plow snow right against that car. And if you go into Hypemeyer, there's a house that had three cars on the on the.
Speaker 2: Street in hype Meyer.
Speaker 3: I don't know when that guy's going to get to his cars.
Speaker 1: Sounds like we can do about it. I bet a Democrat lives there. What do you think?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: No comment? All right, Tom Weedman, you're the weed Man. You're getting it done. But we got the city, he got the count I got the township. You got half of this, half of that got the state, got the FEDS, got the U. N is involved. Oh DoD back everybody, and it's a consequence. Nobody moves anywhere. But to Tom Weiedman, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. You have filled the air with a bunch of nonsense, and we hope the American people understand what you just said. Okay, specialty, thank you, nonsense, thank you. Let's continue with more Bill Cunningham, your comments next on the news radio seven hundred WLW. All right, now we're going to hear from some local leaders like Jesse Brewer and Boone County and also the great Tony Rosiello with my friends in Green Township, Tony Rosiello, did you hear what Tom Weedman said about responsibilities of townships, unincorporated, incorporated municipality, state and fed your comments of any.
Speaker 6: Well, good afternoon, mister Cunningham. Yes, my dear friend, that's Tom Weedman is absolutely correct by state statue to maintain our roads in Green Township. We have five hundred and twenty roads that we maintain, including snow removal. We also have sixty roads that are maintained by Hamilton County. We're twenty eight square miles. So if there's a double yellow line on a road, answers are good that Hamilton County is taking care.
Speaker 2: Of that road.
Speaker 6: But the two state roads, Glenway Avenue and Bridgetown Road were also maintained by Hamilton County because.
Speaker 5: It's in the Jura.
Speaker 6: Now my question is is why did this prominent attorney not call the township and give us an opportunity to circle back and take care of the problem.
Speaker 1: What's your number? I'm gonna have him do that because I I think we I'll tell you it is off the air. But what is the phone number he should call.
Speaker 6: And and my my administrator will be waiting for his call. Frank Berkenhauer, it's five to one three five seven, four eight four eight.
Speaker 1: Because he wanted to come to he wanted to come to these invested journey couldn't get there because the street wasn't done and it was a foot of ice and snow and he couldn't get onto it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, you know when the day of the snow events, our team was at at four pm till midnight. We pulled them off the road for four hours. They came back on at four am through late last night.
Speaker 5: So we didn't have.
Speaker 6: Any complaint calls. We hit a lot of out of boys and a nice nice comments, but we're not opposed to having a problem.
Speaker 5: Caull can take care of.
Speaker 6: So I'm kind of wondering if this road is maybe maintained by the county and not us. I don't know where that road.
Speaker 1: Is, Okay, if you're in Green Township, some roads are maintained by the township, some by the county, and some by the some by the state. Is that correct? That's correct.
Speaker 6: The two state routes are actually maintained by him with the County Engineer's Office, and I must tell you they do a very job. Also in Green Township, Eric Beck and his team works very well with Joe Landing, our public services director, and our guys that take care of I said it before, five hundred and twenty two roads. That's a lot of roads in a township, or the second largest township in the state of Ohio. It's kind of like a city, but it's not. And I'm here to defend them, but I'm also here to make sure that everybody's taken care of.
Speaker 1: So if you live in Green Township, you could be an unincorporated or incorporated part of Green Township, or you could be well is that true?
Speaker 6: Well, No, Glenway Avenue and a Bridgetown.
Speaker 5: They are incorporated in our in our boundaries.
Speaker 6: Let's they get out of our boundaries and maybe go into Miami Township or on Glenway where they go into the city of Cincinnati. That's a different animal. So the County Engineer's Office takes care of those two roads in the Green Township line.
Speaker 1: Do you know why the city of Cincinnati is so screwed up? Because Mount Adams is you can't get on, can't get off and other like Mount Alburn is almost impossible around the around the hospitals, any any hell, but you could give City of Cincinnati. Tom Weedman said, no, Billy, Billy, those are.
Speaker 5: The complaint cult we get.
Speaker 6: We shared ten miles of border with the City of Cincinnati, and it's like night and day when you leave green Township and go into the city and you take your life in your own hands. I'm not saying that the drivers that they have aren't good drivers. I just don't think they have enough of them. When you talk about the population size and the amount of roads that they have to maintain, I don't know why they can't do it or they won't do it, and where they're spending their money. I work in the City of Cincinnati during the day, so I pay city taxes too, and I think people have a legitimate complaint.
Speaker 1: All right, we got to run up against the clock. Tony Rosiello, you're a great American. I'll buy you a chicken wing soon at Ron's Roost.
Speaker 6: That sounds good, Billy, take care.
Speaker 1: God bless Tony Rosiello. One of the great public servants in the Tri State. But he brings up a great point. He would not want to drive into the city of Cincinnati in a snow emergency because it's not good one thirty Home Bengals News Radio, seven hundred WULW.
Speaker 7: But we don't play we're soft, you know, we're too soft to play hard enough. T you know, even in the crucials, he can't get an offensive rebound. You know, it's like a five point game, and Kobe Johnson just has a guy.
Speaker 1: To take the ball from him.
Speaker 7: Same thing with Sebastian mac Okay, we finally do get a stole, can't get a defensive rebound. They didn't have a million of them because they didn't miss that many shots, but there was a few in particular Kobe Sebastian huge backbreaking and you got inside position, you get inside position. So don't tell me you want to win. Like, just don't tell me you want to win. You won't start the game. Tyler Bilodeough gave up twelve points, two screens, he didn't say a word, threes and then he got scored. He got dunked on three times. So don't just don't tell me you want to win. We're I mean, we're soft. Aside from to be fair to you, obviously they have a unique skill set the way they shoot the ball.
Speaker 2: But we're soft.
Speaker 1: You obviously came back and took the lead. Do you feel like ran out of I have.
Speaker 7: To run on the court to get guys to play hard. It's crazy, you know, and it's every day. I'm tired of it.
Speaker 4: Oh, hello, bye, I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 1: That's mc cronin talking about his efforts against Michigan. Not good. No, And also we have Sean Miller and West Miller. It's Miller times. I don't know which programs. Yeah, they better have a couple of Miller lights on them. Better got a cloppered by what the sixty eight forty eight last night? And then Xavier lost by ten. But it wasn't that was a ten thousand point lost because Xavior out route rebound at fifty to thirty impossible. Have about this one peo walking out them. You see, was out rebounded forty to sixteen at Baylor and both I thought Sean Miller would real awaken the the echoes of Xavier basketball. Instead, what's programs in worse shape? Sean Miller or Wes Miller or right now both Mitt Cronin and you know who's living living large? Tom Weedman, No, right up route the miam Us twenty seven Steele, Yes, Blett Hall should be Ryle Steele. He's ten and four and two and zero in the MAC. Is this a trend or is anyone on that? Add the UC and Xavier not good? What about the dogs whipping up on the Cats last night? Kentucky goes, Georgia dumps Kentucky and all goes, and of course the Bengals. We have the comments that Kansas City players saying they did not tank at Denver. Of course they tanked. They don't want they want no piece of Joe Burrow. No, I don't think anybody wanted them. They said, no, we're going to lose to Denver. I guarantee you they had like five first downs and what they lose thirty eight to zip got never got close. And so but you have players saying, well, you know, we we did our best, We did our best. Did they do their best segment at Denver? Did Kansas City do their best? I think there should be an NFL investigation in that move. What's programs in more trouble? Sean Millers or West Miller's It's Miller right now, all of them, both of them. Yeah, he goes Rick Patino, my buddy Saint John. Not that good they were? They were last night, very good. I think Xavier was three of sixteen the first nineteen shots. They shot fifteen percent. Where's Brad Redford when you need them? Get him in there, David West, I think, or the great Byron Larkin number twenty three, and get him on the court, Get get Joe and Byron on the do something. And how about to save your faithful? Leaving with about ten minutes to go booing to save your faithful at Sentas Center. What does Bob co Op say about that? Probably not happy? Where's your Bob co Op? Now? Will he? The Stoot Reporters aproud service of your local temp Star heating and air conditioning dealers, tap star quality you can feel on good old East Side called Clement's Heating there at nine three seven four four four forty four oh one? Do you have hope always? What about the Reds pitchers and catchers report, oh five weeks gonna be here? Yeah? What about Tito? What about him? He'll be he's he's headed too well. You don't have far to go because he lives in Arizona. So Matt McClain is his position now in Jeff he could be everywhere. He could be playing second short for Noel Marte. We don't know yet. What about you? Better stay off the juice is loose now, Willie brangles up. They brought to you a good spirits, winding tobacco and party town with thirteen convenient locations in northern Kentucky. Bengals defensive end Trey Hendrickson good AFC defensive Player of the week. What about the player his performance in the Pittsburgh win. What about the player of the year, though it should be Hendrickson total of five tackles, including three and a half sacks, giving him a league leading seventeen and a half on the year as a Bengal defensive player ever led the league in sacks. I'm thinking somebody did, but it has to be years ago. College basketball Tonight, Battle of the top two teams in the Horizon League with my beloved Nku Norse against the Penguins of Youngstown State, six o'clock Fox Sports, thirteen to sixty. Also tonight dayton v UMass and Penguins ut exactly a fierce animal? Is that fair to say? The fighting Penguins the Frozen Penguins loses the Penguins, I don't think so we'll say it will be a good game tonight. At least that you see now is going to play Kansas. Is that correct? Saturday afternoon?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: How are we looking well? And Xavier's got to go to De Paul. They go to Chicago. De Paul stinks for soda, Xavier. Let's see, also will he this weekend Thomas Moore. We'll be hosting the Griffin Elite Basketball Classic. And one of the gentlemen that will be there this weekend, let's see. Spire Academy's going to play Wesley Christians Friday night at seven point thirty and then Huntington Prep versus Simon Kenton at nine. Huntington Prep. It has the number one player in the nation for a class of twenty twenty eight, Cameron Mercer, and so great Crossing is in there, Saint x the home of the Bombers, and Rocky Boyman's in there, Lloyd Summit, Country Day, Newport and Walton Verona. So they're all there Friday, Saturday and Sunday and the riff Elite Basketball Classic dot com. That's good. Segment, that's good. And then Also tonight in the ehl our beloved Cyclones are down south to face off against the Savannah Ghost Pirates. Any good this year?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Well, the cyclone stunk in the first month of the season, Willie. But they've won three in a row to begin the month. How about that. They're kind of coming back, so they're off and run slow. But sure we need something in January and February. Would you agree? I would think so, yeah, because the next thing coming up is uh is Valentine's Day and that's it. That's it, seg. How's your straight? Does it have snow removed? Yes? Are the Middletown did a great job, so did O Dot and Matt Brooding. Can you tell me why the city of Cincinnati cannot perform like other counties, cities and states. Can you tell me why? I don't know. I don't know, Willie. But Mount auburns and men Mount Adams a mess. Well, imagine if we were in Mount Adams. Can't get there right, you have to park ski and would you walk a mile up hill and the foot of snowing out? I'd be at christ Hospital getting a cardiacric room, M room, M But segment, there's one area and the tries stay completely dysfunctional. And it's the city of Cincinnati, you know. And no, what did I see the other day? The bear's got a mustache? You know, it looks like it I saw the other day on TV. I'm going, what the you gotta get out? And you know, I'd like to operate a plow. Would you like to operate one of those trucks? I'd like to ride. I'd like to ride with them, and like on the Interstate Highway. I think, I mean, just to see how they do. But make me feel like I must be There's people what Monday nights at seven hours at the light Ole Tunnel. I mean, it's crazy to be out, but the truck's got to be rolling, Willie. Those are America's heroes, the men and women behind the wheel. I like to be one of them, just once. I like to feel like a man. There's like the truck and Bozo this once. I like to do it. That's right. So your mental town Butler good shape, Richard K. Jones and the Dot in Middletown, in Monroe, Trenton and others all cleaned off, baby, No, I had Franklin all clean the weed man on in the townships, there's incorporated and unincorporated. The municipalities some are part of the township, some or not. Then you got the county roads. Some have other responsibilities, some do not. Then you got the state roads O DOT. Then you got the Feds. So between the Feds and O DOT, municipalities, townships, incorporated and unincorporated, you're gonna have a circumstance where the Sycamore Township crew does not want to go to the City of Cincinnati and plow because they have liability issues. So if they would hit somebody or a car, whatever, then the township would be sued. So the township residents don't want to clean off the roads of a municipality, get to the border, and then turn around around go the other direction. Think about that one for a while. I don't know. I got some place clean them off and seg I was in New York City for a long time. Yes, I had a hotel, the event Hee on Sixth Avenue. It's snow to New York City, shall we say all the time. What they did was have a truck with a front end loader and there'll be a dump truck behind them. They'd go pick up all the snow over the top of the cab into the dump truck behind. Fill it up. Another truck, dump truck comes up. You know, they put all the snow in the East River. Simply took the snow and took it. And they had a line of trucks going back and forth until sixth Avenue was clear and the city of Cincinnati started at the bottom of Mount Adams. And they have a front end loader, pick up the snow over the top of the cab, dump it in the dump truck. It hauls out. Here comes another dump truck, go another twenty thirty feet, pick up the snow, put it in the dump truck, go down the river dump it. Then have another dump truck pick up the snow over the top of the cab, put it in the dump truck, and down to the river. Move another thirty feet. Have the dump truck ready to go, front end loader, pick up the snow over the cab, dump it war segment into the river. No the dump truck. Oh, then you drive to the river. You get like seven or eight of these dump trunks going back and forth. Well, you know, you know as well as I down well, you know, well as I do those streets up there, you got cars parked and everything else. You'd be wrecking cars like they're going out in California with a fire. Well, you have to at least provide some relief to the main drags in Mount Adams, which we've been there for many years, Saint Gregory Street. That's what you got to do, right, Why don't they do it? Share along? The city manager says, we have nowhere to put the snow. I can tell her where to put the snow. But nonetheless, we got the freakin Ohio river right there. They can put it in the river. Correct, can't get to the river. Put it sow your point. Put it a serpentine wall, put it underneath the bridge, right American, Well it doesn't catch fire. Parking everywhere? And right now the business imagine being a business owner or a resident of Mount Adams right now, Oh, here's one. There's no pharmacy, there's no groceries. No, you can't leave it. You want to walk up and Downhill Street, you can't. If you go down that street, you catapult yourself into a ski jump right in the end of the And can you imagine being in a car going Downhill Street? I did that before. Oh, is it not good segment. We have a crisis everywhere. I don't know what I mean. And like Tony Rosiella said, a green township, when you cross over from Green Township to the city, right, everything changes. I know. That's the truth. Completely different, especially in townships too. It's the same thing. They go to a point and that's turn around. Stop right. So you go to Montgomery Road, Sycamore Township. Right, they get to the boundary line of the city of Blue Ash, they stop, go the other way right, because they're not going to have liability clearing the roads of a municipality when they're not supposed to do it. I don't know. I don't know what to tell you. You know, we have social compacts between fire departments back and forth, where city pulling, you know, the city police, township, county. Why not do that with snow eva picking up the snow and dumping it play there's lots of place with dump the snow. I agree with it. It's happening all the time all over the country. But we can't figure it out, Cheryl Long says the city manager. We have nowhere to put it, Like tell her where to put it. That's a different issue. I'm saying, now, put it in the Ohio River. I can tell her the obbligation. Then they think, well, there's going to be a flood, flood, blood flood gonna melt. We got dams, We got dams, gonna have a flood, right, all right, Put it on the river bank somewhere. We got plenty of room. Right, not much going on, but he parking down there. The bank's businesses are all closed. Mount Adams. Try to get to Mount Auburn, Try to go to pill Hill, try that. No way, one way, the second man, Those are the issues. I'm gonna put a call in a chest where Channel twelve and Channel five are well up in that area. Good luck. I don't know how Shari Poelo got to work at least time you're a rock. Channel nine is right there, right there at the bottom of Channel five Mount Auburn. How does Mike Dartist get up there and k rob and kicking it with Ken. I'm watching him this morning. I know I saw him this morning. He's flying golfing and golfing or something, kicking it with Ken. That guy's hilarious. I want to have him out at the at the Friendly Confines to get him out there. See if he can play golf for real, take some money from him. But Segment, the answer has got to be government's got to solve this problem. Is going to be cold, at least for the next two weeks. Correct. Mount Adams is out of business. There's like a cold advisory out or cold weather advisory out two degrees and that snow is now solid ice not going anywhere. And you hit that, you're it's like hitting the wall of Daytona. We have nowhere to go. I'm sorry, we have nowhere to put don't either, I know where to put it. I've watched it being put right. I don't know what tell you. But between you see and Xavier and the Bengals, how we look not good? Not good? Ana Umo's gone, yep, just like Pollock's gone. I don't know. We'll see what happens. Sega. Want to hear from the American people with your permission, because if you give me your address in your street, Tony Rosiella wants to know where that is and guess what he may come and do it himself. If it's in Green Township, Attney, tell me you couldn't get out of his street in Green Township Tony Rosiello, not him, Oh someone else who must go nameless? Oh okay, so let's continue segment give me out of the suit's report. But we have serious issues, confusion and chaos. Brain supreme will he under said? January the eighth, and the year nineteen thirty five, nineteen thirty four, And on this day, Jim Scott, the King about Dusty Rhodes, the big e Elvis Presley, the big happy heavenly birthday today to the King born on January eighth, nineteen thirty five. He lives now only in our memories and what memories they were? Correct Segment I have two lines in labs That concert was at Indianapolis. Yes, did you attend No? Seven four nine, seven thousand or pounds seven hundred? What needs or once do you have? And Dave Keaton, my producer himself, me or seg may come to your place and dig you out. Now wouldn't that be something? Speak for yourself. Shovels Keith, you can shovel it with the best, say I do. Shovel it pretty good, shovel it pretty good. My producer Dave Keaton says he will be there to shovel the snow sheriff, and I will will supervise. We'll supervise like everything else. You know, dude, it's only for ten bucks an hour cash now a thousand dollars an hour to shovel some snow. This is your central What problems are you having? The power brokers are listening now. What can they do to help? Segment? Maybe Justice Joe could help now he's back on the job. He was on the bench there yesterday. I was there. I felt good about the investiture, and I turned around and said, I can't believe you're on the High Supreme Court. Looking at Joe. Did you start laughing?
Speaker 5: I did.
Speaker 1: Okay, we played bad to the bone once or twice too. Governor was there, Mike Dwine and Amy Act that's running for governor? How about that? Your your girl? If that's the case, the Republicans will help her get on the ballot. News Radio seven hundreds WW try bully cunning. I'm the great American. Continue with a snow. A terrible situation with snow here there and everywhere, and seemingly some municipalities perform well, some do not. If you'll call it now seven four nine, seven thousand, We're going to put a call in a Jesse Brewer to see about Boone County. You've heard from Green Township and more. There ought to be more coordination between the cities and the counties and the states and the Feds as far as when they plow and when they don't plow, when you get it done, when not to get it done, and as a consequence, things would be a little more smooth. Parts of the City of Cincinnati are inoperable and dysfunctional because you can't get the trucks up, but you can do it with the right planning. And then also you have Boot County, which is quite hilly in Kenton County much less Claremont County, Adams County, and Highlands County in Green County. And I don't know what job would you give if you live in the hinterlands houses snow removal in your area five win three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand or pounds seven hundred and we'll get the call on I know where I am. And Kenwood things are completely functional, and according to Tony Rosiella, things aren't too bad either in Green Township, although a good friend lawyer friend of mine in trouble getting out. But I think that's going to be solved. So and I know the power brokers listen. So if you live in a low cow that needs assistance, now, maybe if you live in Mount Adams, I like to hear from you. Seven four nine seven thousand. There's about eight thousand people that live in and are in Mount Adams, which is rarely cut off from the civilized world. You can't get up, can't get in, and by the way, the walk in is not an easy thing. You got to maybe park at the casino and walk up, walk up, walk up the hill to get to the middle of Mount Adams, which is completely dysfunctional. Seven four nine seven thousand. Let's continue. And if you drive a snowplow, I like to hear from you also to get your perspective on things. And let's go first to it is this Alan Montgomery, al. What can you tell me?
Speaker 8: Well, I can tell you I drove a snowplow for a little over thirty years for Sharonville, Ohio.
Speaker 5: Yes, sir, and I'd be a rich man right now.
Speaker 8: If I had ten bucks for every snowshovel that was thrown at me, I was doing what I had really if I.
Speaker 1: If I was you, I would have said thank you, but there's a tax happening. Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 8: Well, they were attacks. Also, one of our other drivers learned that it's best to keep your window rolled up no matter how hot it is that cab because he got plaster upside the head with a snowball from the kids that were mad at him because we were doing so good on our roads they had to go to school.
Speaker 2: The next thing.
Speaker 1: And then they want to stop you from doing what you're doing exactly.
Speaker 5: But pride in our work, you know, and what we did.
Speaker 8: I think the gentleman from Cincinnati kind of hit the nail on the head with theirs. He was talking about. They've had drivers that's only been there ten or five years. You know, they haven't had they haven't had a snow like this. You know, I drove the blizzard of seventy seven seventy eight and.
Speaker 2: That was bad.
Speaker 8: But but listen right here. You know, if they haven't gotten behind the plow, they they have no idea.
Speaker 2: I don't know if they have. They should have established srouts.
Speaker 1: I would think, now is it you? You did your work in an area that was much different than the city of Cincinnati or Mount Adams or Mount Auburn, and there were some hills in your area, but not much. Do you have sympathy for the mayor of Cincinnati that says we're not equipped to do this. Secondly, we have nowhere to put the snow. I've told him where to put the snow. And do you have sympathy for him or not?
Speaker 9: Not?
Speaker 8: Really, he's a politician, you know, they'll they'll tell the public whatever they want to hear.
Speaker 5: But you're talking of putting the.
Speaker 8: Snow down by the river.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 8: At one point in time, the ETA came to us and they were worried about the amount of salt we were putting down a lane mile.
Speaker 2: We had to.
Speaker 8: Calibrate our trucks to figure out, going a certain amount of speed, how much salt per ton was being put down so it didn't get into the storm water and plute the stormwater. So that would be something they would probably get into about that snow eventually melting and going into the Ohio River.
Speaker 1: So the hand of the government oil reaches into the city of Sharonville and Evendale and tell you the salt content you can put on city streets to be dumped into the aquifer.
Speaker 8: Well, between me and you, Willie.
Speaker 2: They tried to.
Speaker 1: Al you're a great American and thank you for your service. Thank you. Let's continue now with Tom and Price Hill. Then Darren, Tom and Price Hill give me a full report. How is Price Hill?
Speaker 4: Main streets are pretty clear. Side streets aren't too bad. But Bill, I wanted to say, years ago, the city used to use the MSD and the water works. They'd have their back hos and their dump trucks downtown plow on the streets, loading up the snow, and they'd designate certain areas around the city that had vacant lots, like you could use the Bengals parking lot down there where Hilltop used to be, okay, and they would pile they would pile the snow there and then it would just you know, go into the ground because they're not allowed to dump with the river anymore.
Speaker 1: Why can't you dump in the river because.
Speaker 4: Of the salt content and oil and stuff.
Speaker 1: Like that, all right, So you can't dump it though elsewhere. So when the city manager says, we have no plan whatsoever to get rid of the snow because we have nowhere to put it, all she has to do is use a back hoe and dump trucks and you use the plow and then uh organize it and put and put it in the dump truck and put it somewhere.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they did that downtown Tree years. Every time we'd have a big snow because there's no way you can't pile up, they plow it with the plows and then they'd have water works in MSD because their guys can't they're not digging in the streets in this kind of weather. So they would use them with the back hoes and the dump trucks and you know, move the snow out and usually they take it down on the well. Back then it was the bank's aread. You know, there was nothing there.
Speaker 1: There's plenty of it, but there's plenty of open spaces all over near downtown Cincinnati. You could rise the pickleball courts or around Montgomery and yeah, there's lots.
Speaker 4: Of Yeah, there's lots of places you could do that. But I mean, you know, and I remember, I think it was ninety nine when Todd Fortune we had a snow like this and he got all upset because we didn't have enough equipment, and they went and bought they started equipping cheat cheets and stuff. You know, regular SUVs with plows, and then we never used them and they got sold without ever being used.
Speaker 1: Tom, What would you do now on Mine Adams, which is cut off from the rest of the world. Cars can't go up, cars can't come to. She says, there's nothing we can do. City manager says, nothing we can do. What can you do now with Mount Adams.
Speaker 4: I get up there with the baccos and the dump trucks and haul it out there.
Speaker 5: That's the only thing you can do.
Speaker 1: May take it down or two and it's not going anywhere the next two weeks.
Speaker 4: Oh no, not with the weather we're going to have. And then we're supposed to have more. Tell I mean, if we get more on top of what they got, it's really going to be bad.
Speaker 1: Up there, no question. All right, thank you, stay right there, Thank you for your call. Let's continue. I think Jesse Brewer is just called in. Let me see if from he controls Boone County with an iron grip, and then Darren and Fort Thomas and Walton Harrison and Jesse Burrow the Great America, And how you doing, Jesse? Tell me about Boone County. The city's having all kinds of problems they can't figure out what to do with the snow. I've given them some idea what to do with the snow. But nonetheless, how is Boone County?
Speaker 10: We know we're pretty good. I mean, obviously it was a rough day to get started. Our public's works team did an amazing crew.
Speaker 5: Job, sixty sixty five.
Speaker 10: Straight to get the snow removed, which is a lot of hours working rotating shifts.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, the City of Florence.
Speaker 10: They were amazing and on top of THEIRS as well. What I saw was I was told that we've had this was the.
Speaker 5: Most snow we've had in.
Speaker 11: Fifteen years, something along those lines.
Speaker 5: So a lot of these guys have been doing this job.
Speaker 10: Never seen anything like this before, so they really stepped up to the plate knocked it down the park. We did have some problems, so.
Speaker 5: We have the City of Union.
Speaker 10: They had a private contract to do THEIRS, and they had a few problems there that you know, weren't that They're still working through as far as Boom County, the other incorporated county which includes Hebre and Burlington, and we plowed some of the state routes too because of the state its translation, because lack of man park here, so we take those on too. In the city of Florence, they they crushed it.
Speaker 5: They they got it.
Speaker 10: Took a little while to get to some of the side neighborhood streets, knows a little later in the twilight hours of the evening because the main roads, but by golly, they got there.
Speaker 1: Let me give you a complaint from Tony bender Uh. The snow plowed trucks will build up in front of his house like a four to five foot wall of solid snow and ice. So even though the streets are plowed, when he goes home at six or seven o'clock at night, he's got to get out of his car and shovel for a period of time to get the wall from the from the front of the driveway. How do you respond to that?
Speaker 10: You know, that does happen sometimes, and and our and our public works director said, people do let the snow about those issues. And it was a mistake like that or an oversight, you know, because these guys are working so much, they'll come back.
Speaker 5: And knock it out. But you got to call and let them know.
Speaker 1: So a telephone call gets it done.
Speaker 5: And we had a couple of.
Speaker 10: Special case though they may have been trying to keep him home.
Speaker 5: I don't think they.
Speaker 10: Maybe maybe they maybe he must have he must have ticked off guy maybe or something.
Speaker 1: He didn't like going over the bridge at night. He didn't like that to our trip home. But but uh, what advice would you provide to the city of Cincinnati. They can't get at aact together because right now there's sections of the city which are impassable that the roads have not been touched. What do you say to the City of Cincinnati.
Speaker 10: Well, I would I would say you probably need to get some kind of contract people to work in conjunction with your team. Better route planning as far as like if you're near the side streets. You know what our guys were doing. They hit the main routes, you know. And I learned they got collector and sub collector streets and this collector streets feed to the highways.
Speaker 5: And they were doing a pretty good job.
Speaker 10: At being hitting the collectors as they were going off the main drags right there and gettings most of those clear as they could. You got to have, you know, there's a logistical better plan and get some extra help, right you pay you know, we we we were paying the overtime. Uh, you got a budget for it. You know, we we budget for this in Boon County. We we we we expect this to kind of happen. We know it's gonna positively snow every year from where we live, so we we budget. You know, was ninety eight degrees outside and we're planning our budget for the next year.
Speaker 5: This is one of the things we budget for and plan for.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 10: And hope we don't have to use it because no one wants us much snow.
Speaker 5: But when we do, we do.
Speaker 1: And you know, back hose and dump trucks work that. Mount Adams almost impossible. They work, get to work, use that and it may take a d day and a half, but to get it done, back hose and dump trucks.
Speaker 10: You know, we we start doing our snow removal plan updates for the following.
Speaker 5: Year around Junior July, so we did.
Speaker 10: You know, we don't know the weather's gonna bring, but we want to be prepared for it when it happens. And the levels of that we hit. Who's working. How many guys in the manpower we need? I believe they can work up to a sixteen straight hour shift and a lot of our public Works Geame, I mean, hats off to them. They they sleep at the public works shop, They'll set up bunks.
Speaker 5: In there and have like a bunk room. They'll go out and flow.
Speaker 10: Their sixteen, come in and take their eight off and sleep and go back out at it again.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So it's uh. And they stay there and.
Speaker 10: Sleep there in the quarters there and rotated in and out like that if they have to, which is a hey, that's that's that's great planning on their part because if they if the guys go home where the staff drive, truck drivers go home, may not be able to get back to get to them. So a lot of that type of logistical pointing that they do on our end, and they communicate, you know, they you know, law enforcement says, hey we have issues over here, we got this going on over there, we need these roads clear.
Speaker 5: They kind of work together with that and get that done.
Speaker 1: Jesse, you're the man. I might want to move to Boone County at some point. And thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. Thank you, Jesse.
Speaker 5: Hey, Billy, thanks having gooding.
Speaker 1: God bless Let's go to it quickly. Go to Walton Harrison, the home of the Wildcats. And Walt give me a full report.
Speaker 11: Literally many years ago, before I seventy one was built. Behind the Time Star Building, there used to be big man holes and these man holes had water flowing in them that would you turn on the water and would melt the snow when you dump the snow in the man holes. But after I seventy one was built, those man holes were gone. Well. Later on, many years later, I wound up being the supervisor in charge of the City Street Clan and we did have contracts with hill Top and a lot of the other ones that hit dump trucks and baccos, and they assisted us. Now, you were talking about Fort Washington Way that does not belong to the City of Cincinnati. That's not their responsibility. That's a O doc O doc has to take care of the Fort Washington Way. You can't put that hat on the city employees. As up February first, I will have retired thirty two years ago. Things have changed drastically in those thirty two years. But we did have contracts with private contractors.
Speaker 5: I don't know whether they do that anymore or not.
Speaker 1: No, they don't.
Speaker 11: The gentleman. The gentleman was talking about bunks in the garages, you got a problem. You now have female.
Speaker 5: Drivers and you have male drivers.
Speaker 11: Just like the police or the fire department, you know, you had to have set up different bunking areas so and the union would get involved in there, and you'd have more headaches than you could. Well you can imagine what you would do.
Speaker 1: I've watched that. I've watched the incompetence of the city of Cincinnati grow and the competency go the other direction. And when the city manager says there's nothing we can do about the snow and Mount Adams back hose and dump trucks out of work, they don't have enough personnel, not enough of equipment. And like you said, well perhaps the best thing to do would be to actually contract out and see what happens and get it done. And well, thank you for your service, and let's continue with more. Gonna follow this the next few days. It's not going to get any different, I don't think until the City of Cincinnati becomes competent today, which is quite unlikely. Let's continue with more. Bill cunning Into Great American Live at Er Home of the Reds and Bengals, News Radio seven hundred w l W.
Speaker 9: You know I've had this feeling and my God, of like I'm holding Ohio in my arms and I'm like single handedly like Deacon virus, stay out.
Speaker 2: Hello bye, I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 1: God. I can't take it. Yes you can. You know who's a big fan of you, as kid, Chris, I love you? Is I like jas? He says he always wants to know where you went to school. Tell him Notre Dame. It's left a song play? Please? How about the worry rupt the great? Give me the words I'm gonna hear about singing.
Speaker 12: I'm not singing it. How about this week two? You text me show it in my face? The Irish lose to n I U.
Speaker 1: S you said at the time, I'll give you credit. You said at the time they're gonna run the table and be in the playoffs, and I said, I don't see it. It happened. There they are, and I'm gonna stay in the shock and just I want Notre Dame to beat Georgia. I went Ohio State to win. Of course they should win against Texas, right, and then how about the national title? Notre Dame, the Ohio State. Where are your loyal time? You know my loyalties. I'm taking Ohio State down. I'm taking Ohio State, Oh the way, we already died Georgia.
Speaker 12: Where we're gonna beat Penn State, Penn State, Penn State, and then we've got a good chance of being.
Speaker 1: Penn same thing to beat Georgia. Did you know we won't live with it? We went won't be able to live with him if they win the whole thing? Exactly how long it will never stop talking? You'll paint himself cross.
Speaker 12: We'll bring up the fact that Notre Dame's badminton team is when.
Speaker 13: What more step has been ridder at the UC he takes, he takes, team, celebration ends at Notre Dame Stadium. Opportunity seest message to the college football world.
Speaker 1: Did you see that?
Speaker 13: And then how Cincinnati wins it twenty four to thirteen.
Speaker 1: So you're really at this point you see should be the national title holder? Correct?
Speaker 12: Am I imagining things are? As basketball in general in a big crisis. The NBA right now is facing record low ratings, terrible. College basketball doesn't seem to you heard the the Mit Crown you guys played it earlier.
Speaker 1: I'd sent that to Dave.
Speaker 12: Seems like college basketball the kids aren't fighting trash and cloning the way you want.
Speaker 1: They get paid.
Speaker 12: High school is ruled by the AAU Circuit, which is a disaster. Best players on winning and not on skill development basketball. Caitlin Clark is demon eyes all the time. Well, you know, I hate to say this about her. She said, I'm a beneficier of white privilege. I wonder how many shots you made because of her skin color.
Speaker 1: Or she hadn't said that. She said, I'm a beneficial and now I have the comments. I'll give you the comments, rock if you want to hear the comments. Fire away of a former n WNBA superstar current executive Atlanta Dreams, said that Clark's fans this is you cannot be representative of what the WNBA would want in the league. That's you. Then Sue Byrd, who's a left throwing activist, great basketball player, said her fans aren't even acting as fans while pushing a racial agenda and pushing.
Speaker 12: Can image that household super and Megan repea, do you have all the conversations there that place your head would pop off?
Speaker 1: You're if you're a fan of Caitlin Clark, it's because you're filled with hate and ray.
Speaker 12: And That's why I was upsetting that Kaitlyn Clark apologized, because she's apologizing and people that are never She's never by doing that, she was thinking too of Okay, that's gonna bring people on board.
Speaker 1: No, they will never take a page out of Trump's book.
Speaker 12: And you never apologize these people because they inherently hate you, and they always will hate you no matter what you say or what you do.
Speaker 1: I wish you hadn't done that.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: Juju Watkunch has picked up the banner. So many of her fans seem to have an agenda other than basketball, and I'm not sure it's good for the sport. Happened with the sport? Can we not just enjoy it? Everybody enjoyed about Larry Bird when he came in. You know how many points did Larry Bird score because of his skin color? But the NBA right now is terrible.
Speaker 12: I don't watch it, but I saw the other day, I guess in an Okay see game, they put up like fifty threes or something. Made Yeah, that's like forty something and made you know less than you know, like ten, Like they're just firing up threes because that's what the analytics have in court. But guess what if you can't shoot threes, he probably shouldn't shoot threes.
Speaker 1: Does that make any sense? Joe Dieters is coming back from Columbus listening, and I told him that there were about ten thousand Xavior fans last night about the ten minute mark booed and left centas center. Xavier fans who pay a fortune to get those tickets. And Saint John's not very good. We don't think they're any good. They're not like a Connecticut that one will man. Who do they play? Next segment? The Musketeers go to De Paul in Chicago to Paul stink Saturday? Do they stink? I think they stink? I think so. I don't know. And U s got, he's got? They have a cupcake on Saturday? Who do they play? Sag number eleven Kansas Here the home of Tom Dinkle, Give me some sports seg will he the stuot Reporters or proud service of your local tem Star Heating. There is dealers tome star quality you can feel in beautiful northern Kentucky called Tom Rickon Heating and air Conditioning. Get eighty five nine two six one eighty two sixty nine got the golf of Trump, Golf of America.
Speaker 12: Now with America just called and I have from here on will always call it the gla of America, Golf of What are the chances the map makers of the world, Yes, listen, mat with golf of Greenland and the Panama Canal and Canada, the green the folks in Greenland, it's not a big population, but they want it.
Speaker 1: They want it, they get protected Norway, they have no wonderful they want to join May got a protector or a te Throughout.
Speaker 12: American history we gained land, gained territory right Spanish American.
Speaker 1: War manifest destiny sewers. I always take Canada twice in seventeen ninety three and in eighteen fourteen, Canada little trip there for the for the taking. Let's do it. Should have taken Canada, Panama can Now I don't want Mexico. Maybe get rid of California. What do you think California moved down Illinois. We can't move that though. California is a little bit easier because it's yeah, it's right there, but you know, Illinois is close enough. Get rid of it. I'm rid of New York State. Give them to Canada. We'll take keep caut back. There are a bunch of Frenchies there anyway, Springing Man, they got hockey. They got hockey. Enough Nova Scotia, that's what I want. These are bad times. By the way, how is this snow removal in Harrison. It's wonderful.
Speaker 12: Now they go they got to go around a lot of houses, and there's houses like in the middle of the roads out there. But nevertheless that the streets are very very clean.
Speaker 1: Township. They're plowing the streets Adam Township. The streets are clean now.
Speaker 12: My dad cloud streets for about thirty plus years.
Speaker 1: That's a great job. It's fun.
Speaker 12: So I when I was like seven or eight, and it's obviously against the rules, but my they had brought me in the salt truck one so they want to come out.
Speaker 1: Like three straight downs. Oh I remember, like it was like it was yesterday. Makes you feel like a man should take What about the pebbles they are they cleaning the driveway? No? Oh no, well I was gone. I was down the driveway my my son mile and a half mile and a half long. Yeah, it almost almost almost had Sega class pass out. Don't get to work.
Speaker 12: Allow the driveway. I was very, very proud of my son helping his mom out. That's goa team, well eleven whatever inches of snow, that's go out there, plow boom.
Speaker 1: And the other thing is I see the little rock on the hood of a car, hood of the truck with your dad plowing, and little rock that's you holding on that little one, just riding that truck, riding that thing. I love it. It's great. Makes me feel like a man when I see a truck. So why can't the city since it's not the folks that are doing the plowing, it's the people in charge the equipment. And why not when the idiotic city manager says we don't have the ability to pick up the snow, and happens all the time. You get a backloader, get a dump truck. You start at the bottom of the hill, load up the loader over the top, dump it in the truck. Another truck right there. They go down six or seven going back and forth may take a day, but Mount Adams is clean.
Speaker 12: Well, then you got to pay there all the taxes that people pay living in the city, which I can't understand why you do that? What is it going? That's where it should go. That's what people need. On still needs to be able to get out and drive stupid stuff. If you're in Mount Adams right now, you're not moving.
Speaker 1: You're not good. You have to park in the casino and walk a mile and a half uphill both ways uphill. Are you gonna do that? No, you need a Shirpa segment. Give me some sports. Well the Bengals up. They brought to you by good Spirits, Winded Tobacco, and party Town with thirteen convenient locations in northern Kentucky. Bengals defensive end Trey Hendrickson, how about this one? Is the AFC Defensive Player of the Week for his efforts against Pittsburgh. Totaled five tackles, including three and a half sacks, giving him a league leading seventeen and a half half on the year, easily.
Speaker 12: The best Bengals free agent signing in history. About Koy Bacon, he led the league in sacks. A friend of mine told me, Koy Bacon, remember him?
Speaker 1: The other day? I remember, Is he for a deal? Rock Hendrickson? I don't think so. He wanted it. I thought he years, but he wanted Toy withholding out. He signed this year and next year college football. The semi finals tomorrow, Orange Bowl Miami, the site, Irish v. Nitney Lions. Right here on? How many points do this Penn State get?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 1: What's the I haven't looked at. I bet it's a touchdown? What do you think went?
Speaker 9: Just?
Speaker 1: Why don't you just give it to me? Give me seven and a half for hot fud? Sunday from Greater since frisis doesn't exist anymore. Thursday it's the Cotton Bowl and Big d that's Dallas. Do you and me? Oh Io State v. Texas? Now I wonder if Bevo will be on the field, yes or no? Rock, Yes he will be. What about your main? Burton here just supposedly choked his girlfriend. So he's choked, his charges filed? Right, he doesn't pay the rent for the place he stays to practice? What what? Where's the upside here? And where're going? December? The eviction proceedings began December the seventeenth. The Bengals did not say why Burton did not travel, Coach's decision, raising questions about this and that. Two reports say recording of a nine to one one call were released on Wednesday morning, Rock Wednesday morning and stop hitting me, Stop hitting me, stop hitting the phone, and so lies, lies, et cetera. What do you say, rock yay or nay? No charges filed. He's innocent to proven.
Speaker 12: Guilty, got to sign t Higgins and he rent.
Speaker 1: Let's go, Hey is rent sake? If you were a landlord, you make him pay the rent? When you yeah, you kidding? Please continue? Wouldn't you No? I'd say to hell, wasn't You're a Bengal. That's enough now, of course I may him pay the rent like the money bags you have. We pay everybody you pay double. Bengals say, we're the situation and we're monitoring events. We're monitoring the events because the NFL bivan that's what they're doing. The NFL can look into this irrespective of criminal charges, right they can say, oh yeah, it don't matter what happens.
Speaker 12: Legally, they can just say, hey, we don't like your your conduct is detrimental to the shield, and issue a penalty.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't want to be. The two had been out together and argued about the incident and the woman's Oakley neighborhood apartment. Reports show after the night out, police were called, and the woman said Burton met her at her apartment, chased her inside, damaged her phone, assaulted her, including choking her.
Speaker 12: Allegations, We've seen a lot of times something and turned.
Speaker 1: Who's representing me? You think the magic Man, Merlin Shivernak or the magic Man is stepping up. He'll do some slide of hand and suddenly the case that goes away. Also, the caller said, what about crime? Yeah, choking, what's his crime? Shut up? How about this? Burton held a knife to her neck and threaten to kill her. Now the knife comes out, lies, damn b lies. I think it's Robert KKK bird right there. Remember him, he's out it in sports. He hit me, kicked me and called me the B word, and he puts a knife up to my throat. Come on, yeah, that's what it says. The caller said before leaving that Burton held a knife to to h her neck and threatened to I'm sorry, I'm gonna strike that. From the record, Burton said, a knife to it to his neck. Burton held a knife to his neck and threatened to kill himself in front of her. That's a your reaction. Rock this guy.
Speaker 12: He may be a candidate for being on another team.
Speaker 1: If you're a coach, he wanted to deal with it. He was taking Ti Higgins's place, right, He was the third from Alabama. Roll Tide, Roll Tide.
Speaker 12: But all of this mess with Burton may result in what Bengal Stands probably wanted from the GEO, which is keeping tea number five.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't know how you do it, but you know, Mike Brown's got six billion dollars and now that the then Paycheck just bought out Paide, what does that mean. I guess they're gonna call it paycheck paycheck stadium. I don't know, but they got lots of my name and the signers. Who pays for the signers? They have to change segment. No, we do, Hamilton County. We always pay whenever we pay. Can't move the snow, but we can pay for that. Mike Brown in the Middle East is what I say. Oh, you can pay for that. No Middle East. Butler County Baby, Butler County Sheriff Kate Jones wouldn't like, wouldn't do put that up there for nothing nothing. Mike Brown get over the Middle East now with a moss and the Jews. Mike Brown could solve any problem. That guy's He's the magic generation that Trumps. He's gonna solve it. The trump'sters say yesterday, Oh, you know what's gonna break loose? If the osage is turned out by January twentieth, I'm gonna send Mike Brown over there. He'll work out the deal, a deal deal. He beats the as a republic and tax court. When you beat the Irs twice in tax court, you're a bad dude, and Mike Brown is a bad dude. Anyway, what's on the Big Show today?
Speaker 2: Rock?
Speaker 12: We're gonna talk about the California wildfires here early on this night. I mean, it's like biblical level fires out there, a lot of rich neighborhoods, like places like where you live.
Speaker 1: I may put a knife to my throat threaten to kill myself, Okay, go ahead. I don't know. I don't know that would accomplish nothing, but Jermaine Burton thinks it will accomplish something. If I bleed out in front of you, that'll teach you. That'll teach you. Yeah, that'll teach.
Speaker 12: Coming on at four o'clock, talk about shrink flation, not that kind of shrink flation. Seg segment could use some of that, and then you're coming on for yet but you're coming on.
Speaker 1: I think I'm on five. I'm seeing my dentist at three thirty. Then at five. That takes forty five minutes. I'll be free. I'll be free. Let's go. I'll be expensive. Thank you very much, Rock, Thank you with t h your dentist. Yes, Tara Harden got some stories to tell. She's a great dentist, and she's a very attractive woman too. I might add, that's a different an you have to say about that. She agrees. I mean, if you first she's off the walker and she's doing the macarena, very good. I mean, if Kelly anks at a woman and says that's an attractive woman, right, Yeah, Well, what the hell? He's never home. He's doing He's in Montana doing football. Antenna is taking I'm.
Speaker 12: Done doing football twenty games from the end of August.
Speaker 1: Throat threatening to kill yourself. Okay, that'll teach you. I mean, normally it is the other way around. No, Burton said, I'm going to kill myself. Okay, go ahead, go ahead, make my day segment. Get me out of the students report, please Willy. It was on this stage January eighth, nineteen thirty five. Listen up the King. Yeah, Elvis Presley, the greatest born on this on this day, Happy heavenly birthday to the King, the big ee Elvis, the greatest ever, I'd say, the King, Frank Sinatra, the Beatles, and Johnny Cash Bedless what Johnny Cash, the man in black. If you don't accept what I'm saying, same man, I'm gonna put life to my throat and kill myself. Okay, well then okay, I agree? Accept it? Yeah, Burton, thank you. Here's a copy of the home game. Get the hell out of here. If it's pay Corps pay checks, You're done? Would you agree? Rocket, Yes, we leave you with the immortal words of the Stewed Report.
Speaker 9: You know, I've had this feeling, oh I like I'm holding Ohio in my arms and unlike single handedly Liken virus stay out.
Speaker 1: She's back Amy acting running for governor as a Democrat. Can the Republicans help get her on the ballot. They want her to run, They want her on the ballot. Would you agree, please, Alex t get her on the ballot?
Speaker 8: Money.
Speaker 1: She is a great candidate, She's wonderful. She solved the problem with COVID in Ohio. Yeah, got her arms around me, and I feel just warm and fuzzy, and I love you. You don't think you have a problem in your community. You're probably wrong, Mike, Mike do, I may run again if that's the challenger, GEI, I think Daffy Duck would beat her at some point. The foolishness has got to stop. If you were with him yesterday, I was with the governor. I asked him who's the next? Uh uh not, who's the next Senator. He turned to his right and said, meet John Houston, Senator. Always good to be with you, Bill, see you later. Senator used to came up and talk to me. I said, John, shall I call you senator?
Speaker 9: Or?
Speaker 1: Governor said, can't say, can't say? What do you think Justice Joe will run Justice Show will rule for a thousand years? Yeah, Justice Joe. I'm laughing at him. I turn herround the bench. At one point, I can't believe you're sitting there on seven hundred WLW