Speaker 1: Of items looking at long term water supply, so we have narrowed that down to four options that we are looking into further. One of those is Heulet Lake is to reallocate the flood control to water supply and so that will do a permanent raise in the lake so more water is physically stored.
Speaker 2: At the lake.
Speaker 1: With that conversion, unfortunately, we have run into a couple of hurdles as what I'll term them, but which requires federal legislation for us to get passed. Also with Copan Lake is another option that we are looking at that has two components. One is a flood control reallocation of water supply. Same thing is to do a permanent race in the water surface to storm more water for lake, as well as to purchase the reserve water rights that Copan has currently reserved. Those both will take federal legislation to move forward with them. The good thing with both Hula and Copan Lake is that we have been in constant contact with our Oklahoma delegation. The wording has been proposed for a bill, and I believe that it's in the process or in the sausage making aspect of that whole process. I guess so The language has been proposed for both of those items, and so we are waiting to see how that works through the legislative cycle through the federal government.
Speaker 2: Hopefully that will make its way and.
Speaker 1: They will see the daylight through the Water Resources Development Act bill that is typically associated with these types of items. Another item that we have looked at and currently investigating is the aid of a Musa aquifer. So this is a major aquifer located in central Osage County that's fairly close to Hudson Lake. We did find information on the water quality within the aquifer as well as how much water it can produce.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, it's not a very.
Speaker 1: High producing aquifer in the sense that it would take us about twenty five wells to pump one point four million gallons of water a day, and so that twenty five wells would take about a square mile of land to situate those that well filled on. And so it's an option, but it's not going to be an option that addresses or satisfies all the long term needs for the city of Barrowsville. And then the last item that we are looking at is to access water and call Lake. So this is over close to Ponca City on the very western edge of Osage County.
Speaker 2: So Call Lake is a very large lake.
Speaker 1: It has forty million gallons of water day available for water rights. We have a study that was approved in February to look at the cost, water quality, all the aspects of getting and accessing water and pumping it to Hudson Lake. That contract and that study will be complete by mid September, and so once we have the results of that, we will share that with the Water Resources Committee, who will likely possibly narrow down the options further or tell us to keep plugging forward on all four to see which one comes up and is viable or that we can maybe secure to help address our long term water supply needs. So we are looking we're targeting between ten and sixteen million gallons of water day an additional water supply, which will get us really for the next one hundred years is what we're projecting. So we are looking at this from a very long term standpoint. And so as we have worked on this, which we have been doing since two thousand and one, we continue to work on that. A lot of these things do require federal legislation, which is a very slow and arguous process, but we will continue to work on that and provide updates to the Water Resources Committee, and then at some point there will be a presentation I'm sure to City Council if there's going to be additional studies or costs that may be incurred to move forward with it.
Speaker 2: So that's where we're at with water.
Speaker 3: Well, if we're talking all things water, where are we at with the wastewater expansion project.
Speaker 1: So the wastewater expansion project, we have finished up the pilot study. So one of the components of the wastewater expansion is designating a stream or a portion of that for water reuse, so that's where we would pump that water into the Cane River and have the ability to reuse that. We conducted a pilot study to demonstrate the performance of that type of system and get the data that would back up that process or kind of what our theory is with it. So they are compiling the data right now from that pilot study to look at all the parameters that we monitored. That should be complete early next month and then we will present the results likely in late September early October, to both the Sanitary Seer Improvement Oversight Committee as well as Council and then once we have that, we will submit it to the state and it will require their approval of it. But that will then trigger the detailed design, which will take another year to finish that, and then after that will be the construction of it. So we're anticipating probably mid to late twenty twenty six is when we would actually start on construction of the Wastewater Treatment Plan expansion project.
Speaker 4: All right, so lot's going on in water.
Speaker 2: Lot's going on?
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, Thank you, Terry. Next up, we have Robin Betts. She is our interim HR director.
Speaker 4: Robin, what's going on in HR?
Speaker 5: Good morning, Laura. Well, it's been very busy time for us this summer. We're kind of winding down and wrapping up our seasonal employees leaving going back to college. Our busiest time is coming up though, which is going to be open enrollment for employees, benefits, and we have awards, banquets that we do. We have a health fare coming up, lots for the employees. That's coming up, so our busiest season. In the meantime, we still have jobs that are open though.
Speaker 4: What do we have open currently?
Speaker 5: I've got maintenance worker positions for wastewater maintenance Street Department, Parks department. We also have a civil project engineer, which just posted last week. And then I still have some seasonals for golf because I think that's going to run till November first.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, at least, and so so I know they're really needing help out there. So if you know anybody that wants to work in a fun environment, the golf course is a potential for them.
Speaker 5: Yes, And those are seasonal part time positions, so the hours are very flexible on it, so it might be a good option for somebody. We always have positions open for police officer, firefighter, and dispatcher. Those run all of the time. We create a pool and maintain that pool for when an opening does come available, so those are out there also.
Speaker 4: Okay, so thank you. Anything else that we want to add from I don't think so, thank you very much.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 3: So we've got Kylie Roberson here. She is our new library and history museum directory. Welcome, Kylie.
Speaker 4: I can tell us a little bit about yourself.
Speaker 6: Well, first off, I'm super excited to be in the community of Bartlesville.
Speaker 4: I'm from Tulsa.
Speaker 6: Originally I was the COO for the Tulsa City County Library there for the last seven years. Absolutely adore libraries. I have my undergraduate degree from Oklahoma State University and my masters from both the University of Southern California, and then my second masters is from the University of Oklahoma.
Speaker 4: So I am a person.
Speaker 6: Divided as far as our some of our state schools go. I love them all and just very very happy to be here starting out with a really great team at both our incredible library and history Museum.
Speaker 4: I'm just looking forward to seeing where things go from here.
Speaker 6: What's going on at the library right now. So much is going on at the library. We're coming up to September, which is National Library Cards sign Up Month. The theme this is actually put on by the American Library Association every year, libraries across the country participate. The theme this year is more Than meets the Eye, So we're really trying to showcase all of the incredible things our libraries do outside of just books, which are you know, our bread and butter. Obviously, we definitely have all the great books and materials, DVDs, CDs, audio books, digital collections, graphic novels, all the amazing things.
Speaker 4: But we do so much more than books. We have tons and tons.
Speaker 6: Of classes, book clubs, story times for kids. We offer health literacy programming which includes things like tai chi classes, yoga, cooking classes, stretching classes. Our literacy department offers Spanish and English classes, as well as citizenship classes for members of our community, and just so much more. I mean, we obviously have an incredible library of things at our library, which is unique in a lot of communities. Tulsa doesn't have that, so that's pretty exciting. So you can come and check out materials that are not book related.
Speaker 4: You can come and check out.
Speaker 6: Musical instruments or technology pieces, or cooking things. There's cake pans, you know, all kinds of amazing things. So during the month of September, we really like to showcase all the incredible things that our library offers. And then if you have not been coming into the library, because maybe you happen to have lost that library card that you had somewhere along the way, we will give you a new one free of charge during the month of September. So there are no replacement fees for your library card. We just want you back in the library using all the incredible services that you prepay for it.
Speaker 4: Sounds like September is the months to September is the month. Yes, So what would you say that your vision is for our library.
Speaker 6: My vision for our library is to really focus in on the community and the needs of our community. So we're coming up on some strategic planning opportunities for our library. Our current strategic plan ends this year, so we'll be starting over, and I really want to get community input on where our community would like to see their library in the next three to five years, so that is the most important thing to me. We'll be having, you know, some surveys, we might do a couple of in person, you know, brainstorming activities with our community, and would just love to see what are the true needs, what are the things that people want to see.
Speaker 4: In their library and their community.
Speaker 6: I can come in with all kinds of great ideas, but they won't mean any if they're not you know, what it is that our community needs and what they're looking for. So I would love to make that happen.
Speaker 3: When can they expect to see communication about yes.
Speaker 4: So that will be this winter.
Speaker 6: We start our strategic planning around November time frame, and then hopefully we'll roll that out in the New Year, so lots of communication to come about that, but definitely want community input.
Speaker 3: So you had talked about your background being at Tulsa Public Library systems. What would you say are some of the similarities and some of the differences that you've seen that that you've been here for a couple of weeks.
Speaker 6: Gosh, so many great things. You know, Tulsa is obviously a very large system. I oversaw twenty four different libraries there, which is wonderful because it's really great. They're all in different communities, it's very diverse. But what's wonderful about Bartlesville is that we have one central community that can all come together and have their needs met at one So we're able to impact a lot more lives. We're able to do a lot more things that are very specific to the people who we serve. Whereas in Tulsa you really had to diversify, you know, the resources that you had, you have to spread them out, You had to meet the needs of people in nine different cities because it's a county system. So it's really really great to be able to hone in focus in on one community and what their needs are and to be able to actually make an impact and make a difference in the lives of our patrons, which has been really wonderful.
Speaker 4: Great.
Speaker 3: We are so excited that you're here and excited to see what you do here at the library.
Speaker 4: Is there anything else that you want to add?
Speaker 6: Or the History Museum if I have a quick plug, has a lot of really great events and opportunities coming up. They currently have a display until October that's called Our Oily Pass. It's the Phillips Family. It's exploring the successes of the Phillips brothers turning humble begins into a lasting legacy that we all see today. So if you haven't checked that out yet, it'd be a really great opportunity to run over and see that.
Speaker 4: Some events coming up there.
Speaker 6: August thirtieth, they have a take a break from Virtual School Day because all of our kiddos are back in school, but we want to be able to offer them a reprieve so they can come over and do some fun programming. We're going to do a stem activity that day from noon to to They're going to be making towers out of spaghetti noodles and marshmallows and just really really fun stuff. And then September seventeenth is Constitution and Citizenship Day, and the museum is going to offer a sneak peak kind of thing at our country's citizenship test, So if you'd like to see if you could pass it, you can come over and give it a shot.
Speaker 4: It'll be really fun.
Speaker 6: And then September nineteenth, we're going to have Bob Brazier from Mullarrock. He's going to come and speak during our lunch and learn, which will be a really great opportunity to hear all of his incredible paths and experiences. And then October seventeenth, during fall break, we're going to have a write how to Write a Letter workshop where we're going to break out those old fountain pens and teach kiddos a little bit about early traditions and social.
Speaker 4: Life here in Martles. So very exciting.
Speaker 6: So obviously the library has wonderful great things happening, but don't forget about our incredible history museum too. They've got lots of good programming coming up.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, thank you of course.
Speaker 3: Right so on to the next We've got Keith Henry, our public Works director, here.
Speaker 2: Morning, Keith, what is going on?
Speaker 7: Well, I'm senter and listening to Kylie, that come to my mind. You know, she mentioned there's cooking opportunities at the library and we had a team building experience a wall back and Terry are actually the reigning cooking championship right, more Terry than I.
Speaker 8: But we did win the competition.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to blend all of our taste and culinary experience, we are.
Speaker 8: The champions, so we did win the prize.
Speaker 3: Really forgotten about that, but yes, thank you for the reminder.
Speaker 4: I'm hearing a challenge, I know.
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 3: I was looking for another team building activity and I don't know, maybe we need to try the we're up.
Speaker 8: For the challenge. Well, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think I'd rather end on top.
Speaker 8: You know, we need to retire the world tip.
Speaker 7: I was also listening to he was talking about the golf course. Caddy shack come to mind, and I was wondering, they're again Terry and I might have the opportunity to go out and be caddies.
Speaker 8: I don't see caddies out at the golf course, Terry, do they do? They not have caddies anymore.
Speaker 1: It's in America, not much so in Europe, and that's at something older courses.
Speaker 7: But in America, I was thinking the opportunity for us maybe after after ours job or a retirement job possibly.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's an idea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we do need help in the pro shoting though, so maybe you guys could go out there after hours.
Speaker 8: The shot maybe so probably better.
Speaker 4: Crush shop or the cartbarn. You need help there too.
Speaker 8: Well, enough of that, let's talk some trash all right.
Speaker 7: Hey, we want to make the public aware we have our upcoming fall leaf and grass collection. We offer annually twice a year, usually in the spring and the fall, opportunity for the citizens to put their yard debris out at the curb for collection. The fall collection, we've just recently scheduled it for December the ninth through the thirteenth. It's kind of late in the year, but we like to give the people plenty of times they want to get out and scalp the yard and all the leaves, make sure the leaves have fallen off the trees, that they have time to gather those up. And again there's Thanksgiving kind of in that period, so we had to try to kind of work it around some of our busier times. So again those days are the week of the ninth through the thirteenth, so if you've got yard debris, if you'll bag that material up and bundle up the sticks and limbs, if you have those, put them out at the curb, no close than five feet from your polycard or other obstacles such as mailboxes and what have you. We will have a truck that will come by and pick those up. It will be a separate truck, not your truck that you usually see picking up your polycard. It'll probably be a rear load truck. And those guys will come by on your normal day of collection of that week.
Speaker 8: And they'll pick up that debris for you.
Speaker 7: This is a free opportunity for you to put those out, and those stickers are required. Again, it's just for the residential customers, so it's not for the yard companies to go out and bag up three hundred bags of leaves and stick them out for us to pick up. So again it's for the personal citizen to put that debris out there. It's a good opportunity. A lot of people do take advantage of it. There is no limit on the number of bags that you can put out, so as long as they're a bag no more than fifty pounds.
Speaker 8: Of the guys will collect those.
Speaker 7: We might also mention the coupon program that we offer through the city that usually comes out shortly after January, so you should have already received that coupon in the mail. If you're a residential water customer in the city limits of Bartlesville, you would.
Speaker 8: Have received that coupon.
Speaker 7: It is good for one free trip out to the Osage Landfill, which is privately owned, but the city will pick that tab up for you. So, if you've got a personal vehicle, a pickup or a trailer, you've got some debris around your house, it's been hanging around, an old couch, a water tank, something you just want to clean up your property. This gives you the opportunity to take that material out to the Oslage Landfill and dispose of it. Again, this is not to tear down the house or cut down a whole tree. It's to clean up. The whole idea of the program is to try to keep Bartlesville's clean and looking as nice as we can. So it gives you the opportunity to get rid of those unwanted items that you might have laying around. That being said, we have a holiday coming up this weekend is Labor Day weekend, so that'll throw us to our holiday schedule for trash collection. So Labor Day this year is on the second, So if you're a normal collection actually with the yeah, it's on the weekness second. So if your collection day was a second we will pick you up on September the fourth, so it'll be that following Wednesday. So you're in luck when Monday when you set your trash out and you go, hey, the city didn't pick it up. We'll be there Wednesday. You didn't miss it, So keep that in mind that we will be there Wednesday and not Monday, so that's.
Speaker 8: Coming up for you. Keep that in mind. That covers most of our trash stuff. Mike Mention.
Speaker 7: Also, from the point of view as a park and recreation, we recently went online with a registration for our soccer fields.
Speaker 8: Larry up there in the.
Speaker 7: Planning part of the Parks Department recently launched that, so we're doing something a little different than what we've done in the past. We were partnered with the YMCA and they've kind of went a different direction, so they were doing the scheduling for use of the soccer fields, which would be the robin Wood Fields and the Daniels Fields. So if your group of an organization or just an individual and you want to reserve those fields, you can go to the City of Bartlesville's website, go to the Parking Recreation tab and on there you'll find a calendar. You can go to the calendar fill out the information. I think they need at least seven days of advanced notice prior to your event. If you're wanting to use a field for an organized event, or if you're wanting to use the lights on the field, there are fees associated with those, So you'll fill out that calendar form, submit it to the city, and within a few days you should get a reply back and a receipt that shows you've reserved the fields. So if you're a soccer organization again or a club and you want to be committed to those fields, they're open for use for the public any time. But if somebody does go in and schedule the fields for the reservation, then obviously they have the rights to be out there on the field plan on those So we have that going on. A lot of people are excited about pickleball when recently got those opened up. I think Mica has mentioned it and talked about it a little bit. I go by there routinely every morning and there's a very large crowd of people using them. So it's been an exciting project and seems to already beginning a lot of use. So we're excited about that. There's already talk about building more. I mean, so there's lots of opportunities there and lots of excitement about that whole organization that is going on with the pickleball people.
Speaker 8: Pools.
Speaker 7: Pools are closed, hard to believe, but summer season is over, wrapped those up. We actually had our dog days of summer and the dogs got to go swim on the last day, plugged all my filters up for me, so we all love it when they do that. The dogs seem to enjoy it. So pools are wrapped up for the year. Had a really successful year. The Why does partner with us on the pools and they operate the pools as far as staffing and daily operation. Was excited this year to have the new water slides up and running. Had a lot of good feedback about those. I think the older kids give them something to do, so there's a lot of enjoyment from that point of view, and a lot of use. Just personally driving by the pools seemed to me that the attendant was up just from watching. We haven't officially heard back from the Y yet on numbers, but just driving by as a spectator, it does appear that we got more use out of the pools having that addition of the new water slides out there, so that was exciting some of the other crews that we've got working in the public works. You may have been out driving the streets and you've seen my street department crews out painting the streets, so just be advised give them a little space and a little time. They're restriping some of the arterial streets here in town. They've been working on the white paint, which is usually your outside line, some of your passing lines in town. They're about to transition to our yellow paint, so we'll start doing the center lines and what have you through town. So again, look out for those guys. They're traveling at a slow pace. They'll have a lot of cones out there. You'll have a lot of wet paint on the ground, so you don't want to be out there driving through the wet paint on your new Cadillac, So be careful when you're working around the guys and keep an eye out there for them so they are out there. Hopefully we'll have that wrapped up in a couple of weeks and then we'll move on to other projects. The guys do a great job. We've got a little paint machine that we really are looking forward to getting rid of. We've had it for years and it's really a struggle to do the work that we do with it. But Jeff and the crew, Lance and those guys good job with what we have to work with. And again, this will probably be the last year that we use that machine. We actually, through CIP budget, have a new machine in the budget, so we're looking forward to making that purchase and getting that out on the street a couple of years, and we'll see an advancement in the quality of work that we can do in the time that it takes us to do it normally the state. You'll have to notice, probably a lot of people could compare us to the state and they'll see the state coming through in one day and paint the whole town takes us about three weeks to do it with what we have, So really looking forward to the purchase of that new piece of equipment in the future. So that's kind of it from the public work side.
Speaker 4: All right, well, thank you, Keith.
Speaker 3: All Right, So a couple of updates. So on Labor Day weekend or on September second, they're doing a bridge dedication there on Hensley Boulevard and Delaware Avenue. That bridge is going to be dedicated to Nelson F. Car and it'll be the Nelson F. Car Memorial Bridge, So at one o'clock for those that want to participate in that, that is on September second. Let's see, we also have a parks and rec survey out there, so if you're interested in participating in that, you can always sign up for city Beat, and there's a link in it, so you can go to cityobartlesvel dot org and sign up for CityBeat through there. But there's also a link for that survey out there as well you want to participate.
Speaker 4: And then the final update that I have is on the golf course.
Speaker 3: So I feel like that's all I talk about nowadays is the golf course. It's kind of a hot topic and everybody's wanting to know what's going to happen at the golf course, and I've.
Speaker 4: Just told people to be patient with us.
Speaker 3: We are awaiting the final report from the consultants, so they are expected to present to our steering committee in September and then hopefully we'll have a recommendation to take to council in October. We'll have a better idea of what direction we're going to go and what that looks like.
Speaker 4: I do believe that.
Speaker 3: We got the bid reviews in for the greens reconstruction as well, and so we'll know a little bit more about the timeline of when the course will close for the construction as well. I think that will know more about that in September. So answers are coming, we just don't have them yet. So if everybody could, everybody could be patient with us and bear with us as we get through this. Like I said, the golf course is short.
Speaker 4: Staffed right now.
Speaker 3: We are looking to hire people for the cartbarn as well as the pro shops, So if you're interested in a position out there, you can apply at the City of Bartlesfield dot org.
Speaker 7: Thank you very much, and once again, everyone you've been watching and listening to our City Matters program on ky.
Speaker 8: Thanks for listening.
Speaker 2: To one on one but a professional, paid presentation