Speaker 1: Shortage of dumb people doing really stupid things. Welcome to another edition of Idiotology. We let your taco one on one one w JR R.
Speaker 2: But you're freaking idiots, all right. This hour brought you by one of our favorite places on God's Green Earth. That would be Petty's meets Stay Road four thirty four and Long Witch, just west of I four. And I know that's a strong statement.
Speaker 3: It is, but ain't even stronger one is that a pet lage over there. Part of the reason to purchase his home is that it was within walking distance of Petties.
Speaker 2: That says a lot. Maybe it's maybe he was in walking distance twenty years ago. For me, now I drive up there by truck and tell them a visit, usually every weekend.
Speaker 3: But it was factored in just like you do a school zone. He said, I gotta be here. It was near Petty's Petties school zone. Yeah, in that order. Yes, So hey, look Petties. When you walk in there, they have an iced cold draft beer for you. That's free, complimentary beer to have while you're shopping. They have everything from appetizers to sides to entrees, steaks.
Speaker 2: The meat case is where the live actions at now.
Speaker 1: God.
Speaker 2: So if you can cook it, they got it. Thanks. It's basically uh, it's And if you don't want to cook it, there's they offer some stuff that they've already prepared that you just need to heat up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or get yourself a sandwich. Thank you to all the people over there, Petty suit.
Speaker 2: We know we got a lot of listeners. Listen, Thank you all? Yes? Agree? What else? What else? What else? Yes? There's still time to vote for you say we play it brought to you by Fairwen's Credit Union. Fifteen minutes left for that. If you want to get in the running for the Welcome to Rockville Saturday lineup tickets, throw a vote in jur Facebook page.
Speaker 3: You're voting on Dave Matthews band.
Speaker 2: Listener wanted to us to do that's all right, we haven't done that in a while. Why not? Why not? It's a little old school JR. S. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm just just passing it along for the second time in just over a week. What an FA eighteen E super Hornet fighter jet assigned to the USS Harry The USS Harry S. Truman has been lost in the Red Sea no way. The two pilots aboard the aircraft sustained minor injuries in the ordeal. Here's how this went down. The official statement says that the super Hornet was attempting to land on the flight deck of the Truman yesterday when an assessment failed, causing the aircraft to go overboard, much as the one did eight days ago, and an arrestment. I'm sorry. An arrestment is the mechanism that a carrier uses to safely slow down and halt a fighter jet as it lands. Yeah, that's the pat the little thing that catches it. I guess, yeah, yeah, Well, both of the aviators had to eject. They were rescued by a helicopter. I guess they ended up in the drink, as did the plane. You get to suppened the one the other week was being towed to the the hangar portion of the ship when it went overboard.
Speaker 3: And it took the little towing machine with it too, or whatever it is. How much was that other one valued at there?
Speaker 2: But I think it was the same type of jet for mili, I think it. See if I get the figure here.
Speaker 3: Come on, quit losing these things. That's our taxpayer dollars. Pat you should get a Petty's golf cart.
Speaker 2: Runner.
Speaker 3: That's good thinking. Wait, but if you can take the golf cart, he just take a truck. I'm not get to golf cart it out on the four thirty four. All right, you need a high end golf cart for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't even have a low end golf I don't even golf.
Speaker 3: So most people that have golf carts doing the golf, it's just it's just their buzz buzz buggy.
Speaker 2: Now talk. Uh, No one would do that, would they not? In a residential area. Go, you gotta have your head on a swivel these days in some of these neighborhoods. All right, listen, with much respect for our men and women of the military, But as Taco said, let's stop dropping these things into the drink. I mean, that's eighty million dollars. We get submarines for that. Keep them up in the sky where we you know, bomb some houthy's. Did you see that The hoothis cried uncle yesterday. Oh they gave in finally, they said they don't want to be bombed anymore, so that we're gonna take them at their word. I guess This is a response that we're basically gonna see if they will stop firing missiles off at ship traffic and US assets in that area of the world. And if they do, I guess, you know, give them a break. If not, the bombing will resume.
Speaker 3: Exactly more lead coming your way. How that tastes hoothys Uh huh, I don't even know what your name means.
Speaker 2: We go to Switzerland, getting all international in this time. Boy, they got some weird laws over there. We get a sixty eight year old woman in Switzerland who is in court yesterday accused of repeatedly feeding Leo, which is her neighbor's cat. This is apparently a violation of Swiss law, and she's facing fines more than five thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: I think that's don't quote me on this, but I think it's illegal here too. They won't find you that much, but I think it's illegal to feed your neighbor's cat because the.
Speaker 2: Woman lives in the same building as Leo, and she just well, okay, there's a little more to this, yep. Figured I guess this is Leo gets to wander around the building, and she hasn't just been feeding Leo she has let him into her apartment and she's even added a cat flap to her door so that Leo could come and go as he pleases. And it turns out Leo's owner not cool with this, and things have escalated over the last ten months. Biggest issue is that Leo tends to prefer the old lady's place rather its owner's house, and it doesn't really want to go home.
Speaker 3: She has a cat flap lady.
Speaker 2: Under Swiss law, cats are other people's property and the systematic feeding and giving a home to another person's cat is considered unlawful appropriation.
Speaker 3: You know there's an opp joke in there. Other people's property or other people's You need this.
Speaker 2: Lady to move into your neighborhood and take a liking to Teddy. Can you let Teddy just go over there?
Speaker 3: And uh, I'd be all about it, But my one kid's home from college, and if Teddy disappears.
Speaker 2: Has she noticed the bike was gone yet?
Speaker 3: Oh, we're gonna say farbor right now.
Speaker 2: Don't worry.
Speaker 3: They're all in sleeping or in school or teaching. Nobody's noticed the bike's gone.
Speaker 2: Something dog disappears to the nice lady down the streets house a little different when you're well. You know, missus Crabapple has taken liking the teddy, and Teddy kind of likes her.
Speaker 3: Well enough alone, you got a doggy door. I got rid of that sunbitch as soon as a big ass raccoon almost attacked me.
Speaker 2: We have a dog door that is currently blocked from usage for Junior, the German shepherd. But it's not because of anything else. It's because our cat knows how to use it. And if where we live, if the cat goes out back, the cat is going to get swooped up by a hawk, yeah, or an eagle.
Speaker 3: Our neighborhood too with the hawks and eagles. So you know what I'm thinking, I don't.
Speaker 2: See a cat nowhere in our neighborhood anymore. They're gone, all of them gone.
Speaker 3: Coyotes. Yeah, they probably with a new cat wiper out of it. Come to think of a PAT, I think I might unlock the door the dog flat back there, and maybe the cat will get a little daring and.
Speaker 2: You know, right, she's fans brace yourself.
Speaker 3: So yes, for the record, Pat. The bike that we never used that we had to keep because if somebody needs a bike that still has not been asked about. It's been almost it's been a month as expected, all right, cheese fans.
Speaker 2: The oldest known English book on cheese has been discovered. This offers all sorts of insights on all things cheese, dating back hundreds and hundreds of years. I took a few takeaways here that you may want for future reference, should the situation ever present itself. Cheese fans, camel cheese okay, really good? Apparently? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Do they keep that milk for the cheese? And those humps?
Speaker 2: I thought that was where the water goes.
Speaker 3: I don't know. That's where the Middle Eastern sits, so right.
Speaker 2: In between them. I think they sit between men. Don't know. If you said on top, you'd be like in goosed.
Speaker 3: Well, think how bad it must hurt the one hump up front for women or guys. You know what that feel like. I'd be like riding a bull, you know that holder pat somebody said, I bet that's a goodas story. I know. We have ten percent aircraft carriers checking in. There are wires that catch the aircraft. They're called arresting gear. I just said that, Okay, landing in a plane in rough seas as tough as hell moving it around on the deck. No fun. Been there, done that. Thank you for your service.
Speaker 2: I bet you haven't dumped an F eighteen hornet into the ocean though.
Speaker 3: I think somebody said sixty nine million, Taco.
Speaker 2: Do you want the other cheese bit here?
Speaker 3: Okay, we know that the camel cheese is delicious, so yeah, sorry. When you have people at this two two five two SI, they're all over the place like me, avoid dog cheese. Never have dog cheese.
Speaker 2: Who would even think that.
Speaker 3: You're gonna milk the dog's little dog nipples and get and make cheese out of it? What country's doing that?
Speaker 2: This is the old cheese book, Taco that going to some high end place with all this fancy cheese. Do you have any dog cheese?
Speaker 3: So there's the bree cheese, there's the good, there's.
Speaker 2: A dog cheese. Who's the sick? Oh God
Speaker 3: Or rock station