Speaker 1: Shortage of dumb people doing really stupid things.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another edition of Idiotology. We let your taco one on one one w j r R. But you're freaking idiots, says here.
Speaker 3: This hour of our show has brought you by Wheel of Fortune.
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: All week iHeart being featured on a Wheel of Fortune, giving away prizes for big iHeart events like the jingle Ball and different things like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you don't have to be on the show to win. If you watch Wheel of Fortune this week, you can participate from home. So check that out this evening in all week long, if that is of interest to you. All right, let's begin with this story out of England. Woman woman was left literally in shock after the experience she had flying on Ryan Air. That's a big one over there. Ryan Ryanair is the one that gets dragged pretty hard in Europe for all their little nickel and diming and peniness and whatnot.
Speaker 1: But it's a big air. It's a popular, not popular, but well known.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one of the more economic minded airlines, which you know, that's great, that's fine, But I guess they're also a little bit prickly and I think this is a perfect example So the woman's on the flight coming home from celebrating her birthday in the Canary Islands. The flight crews coming through once they're airborne and a cruising altitude with the in flights snack and beverage service, and she wants the seven dollars snack bundle, which is a can of pringles and a Coca Cola. Got it, So they open up springles, open up the coke, set it down there on her tray. She hands them the card. Card won't work. Card won't work. Is she in the the embarrassed denial kind of feel?
Speaker 1: We've all been there when your car didn't work, and you're thinking, I know I have enough money in there, which, as it turns out, she had plenty of money on her card.
Speaker 3: Did machine they were using just would not take her card. So she says, I don't have any cash on me. As soon as we get, you know, to the airport, hit the ATM and give you your seven bucks.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The flight lands and before they let anyone off the flight, three police officers walk on board and it scored her off the plane. They called ahead said they had someone dodging, you know.
Speaker 2: Did I've had it? Where my card?
Speaker 1: For whatever reason didn't work similar I don't know if it was their machine or whatever. And you know what the flight attendant did said, no problem, that's on us, that's what you're supposed to do.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: Not only did they not do that, they call ahead have her hauled off in front of everybody over seven bucks, which she mediate explained everything that the cops, and cops are like, you gotta be kidding out of that, So she says, she says, look, there's an ATM right there. They're like, of course, go and she goes and gets some cash, comes back to the gate, at which time the snarky Ryanair people take the payment, and then informer she's banned from flying on the airline for the rest of her life.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you.
Speaker 3: Over a seven dollars springles and Coca Cola in flight snack bundle.
Speaker 1: I'm not Sue happy. I know I say it every now and then and then joke about or somebody's gonna but right there she has a full on lawsuit pat for the embarrassment of that and what that does to your character, you know as a person. If other employers might have seen that happen, a million things lawyers could drag up and then they're banning you from flights.
Speaker 3: She basically said, they don't have to worry about banning me. I would never fly this airline again.
Speaker 2: That's kind of what I said with ours did the crash landing.
Speaker 1: But I forgot what the airline is now, so I'm I've probably flown it since.
Speaker 3: It was it started with an f OK.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought it was out when I've flown it since.
Speaker 3: Well, never used the free vouchers they gave us.
Speaker 2: I think that was out of date four months later. That that whole thing.
Speaker 1: That's either where as I said, the flight attendant just says that's on us, thanks for flying with whatever air or if you're the person next to her, aren't you maybe saying you know what I got you?
Speaker 3: I would I avoid all this just by bringing my own box of fried chicken fresh hot fried chicken on board.
Speaker 2: God, it's the worst.
Speaker 3: Dig right into that as soon as that pricey beverage cart and snack carts starts rolling up and down the aisle.
Speaker 2: Last flight that was on looking.
Speaker 3: Back behind you, everybody's drooling.
Speaker 1: Last flight, I was on lady bust out with a full on, big sized meal from a fast food place and plops of death.
Speaker 2: You could smell it on the whole plane.
Speaker 1: I went to the very back to go to the bathroom and go damn it, I smell that quarter pround.
Speaker 3: Twenty six year old office worker had been hurting from working too much sitting at his desk all day, so he booked an appointment to get a massage. Yeah, try to loosen up, said He felt great until the masseuse did a more vigorous maneuver. That's when he felt a sharp pain in his neck, followed by a terrible headache, and he knew something was horribly wrong.
Speaker 4: Taco, you're a massage in your neck. You got to make sure you avoid the interior area here. And the reason for that is that you don't have much muscle in this area, but then you have vessels such as the vein and the crowded artery. It could cause dissection, meaning the artery walls could dissect or rupture, and that could lead to a stroke. And I've seen strokes before, and patients have high velocity manipulation of their neck. And that's why it's important to avoid musage in the interior neck because that could be to a crowded dissection that could be.
Speaker 2: To a stroke exactly.
Speaker 3: And the guy went to the er, and after he woke up with slurred speech and numbness on the entire left side of his body, turned out he did have a stroke that was caused by a ripped hole in an artery leading to his brain.
Speaker 1: God, the irony. You're going there to relieve stress and have a stroke. That guy wasn't kind of giving you anxiety. That guy talking.
Speaker 3: And you know I'm not ten percent massage, you know that.
Speaker 2: And then you.
Speaker 1: I know we've talked about it. You need a massage, Bud. I know you're too firm and too tense to get one. But man, if you just laid down like this pat and just went.
Speaker 3: I mean capable of doing that, you should know that after almost thirty years, okay.
Speaker 2: If you went in there went.
Speaker 1: Really bad and got in that state of mind, no, it'd feels so good for you.
Speaker 2: You'd be a changed man. No, no more stress.
Speaker 3: Lynch, maybe after six or seven Jamison's.
Speaker 2: No, you're not supposed to do a massage after you.
Speaker 3: Loosen up a little bit.
Speaker 1: You're not supposed to have a massage after you've been drinking. It's one of the one of the big rules.
Speaker 2: I learned that.
Speaker 1: Actually on an off shore Fiasco fishing trip of ours. We had a masousea on there and if you're if you're listening, thanks for rocking still dude, And he said it. He said it was he was gonna walk around and get massages. But he realized everybody was out the night before at fish Lips drinking and they still boosing their system.
Speaker 2: So wouldn't be a good idea.
Speaker 3: That that weekend turns into a forty eight hour bender for for many.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm oh.
Speaker 1: And we figured out a date for the offshore fiasco, which will announce give it time down the road.
Speaker 3: Don't It'll be August again, just so y'all know.
Speaker 2: And it sells out a matter of a day or two.
Speaker 3: Told you I have been inspired to take up hiking.
Speaker 1: Well, what's the gimmick they're offering the day? Is it freeze take along the way? No? No, no, uh.
Speaker 3: Just uh. I don't know about you, but the part about hiking I don't like is the physical exertion. But if you had an escalator going up the mountain, I'm in I'm in China is installing outdoor look at the Jr. Facebook page. They have installed outdoor escalators up bus several mountains so anybody can hike. Why did this take so long to be something?
Speaker 2: This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: No, No, I get it that you like it, but it kind of d d environmentals outdoors.
Speaker 3: It's China. I mean they're spewing god knows what into the atmosphere. I mean, what's an escalator on the side of a mountain getting hurt at this point? Wow, that's intricate. I mean yeah, I mean it looks like a kind of a think ski lift, but it's an es later.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just right up the mountain.
Speaker 1: And the crazy thing is is Chinese people aren't really fat with the you know, it's it's normally.
Speaker 3: Do you want to know the best part? I mean, I know you'd have to go to China to do this again. You can see this on the Facebook page. I'm envisioning getting on that escalator and you're slowly ascending the mountain where at whichever mountain it is, and as you get closer to the top, you just see the actual physical hikers struggling and gasping for air and looking exhausted, and you're just like dude, Dude.
Speaker 1: You're up there with your bucket of chicken gun. You a healthy hiker. You how the blister's.
Speaker 3: Feeling technology is a wonderful thing.
Speaker 2: Man Buckstation is w j R r