Speaker 1: Check Podcasts.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to the Donnie and Dolly podcast. Catch the show Monday through Friday, ten am to noon on Check.
Speaker 1: I think you're gonna want to hear this.
Speaker 2: Your local sports coverage lives here.
Speaker 1: And the man wearing Dennis Curran's old number six makes it too nothing.
Speaker 2: With John Taylor, I.
Speaker 1: Was just gonna say underrated egg, deviled egg and Rick Dolly Wall.
Speaker 3: Now are you gonna go on the coach At eight o'clock tonight?
Speaker 1: Sit down and let's put it in.
Speaker 2: Here's Donnie and Dolly.
Speaker 1: Ten o'clock at downtown Vancouver, the Paul Carson Studio. Thanks for tuning in, folks. It's Donnie and Dolly the team on Check. Don Taylor, along with Rick Dolly Wall. Ryan Henderson is our producer. He's the man at the controls our director. The voice of God is Derek. How are you? It couldn't be better? Abtsford Canucks. Yeah yeah, Farm team of the Vancouver Canucks hosting Coachella Valley the Firebirds tonight at Abbotsford Center. It's Game three of their best of five second round Calder Cup playoff series, tied at one. Rick should be a lot of fun. Out there in Abbotsford. You would think with a whole lot of Vancouver.
Speaker 3: Prospects and possible new coach of the Canucks, Don Man, he willhold John. We got to keep an eye on him too.
Speaker 1: Do you know something is not?
Speaker 3: I don't know anything, but I do have people that keep telling me that he's going to be, you know, a strong candidate in Vancouver.
Speaker 1: There's another candidate that sort of has come out of nowhere, and that's Fabian Maelstrom. Stop it or connect one name wrong, first time ever and you're all over me. One thing we didn't mention about what's happening in that series they won. The Abbotsford Canucks did Game one Thursday, three one. The lost Game two five to four in overtime. That was on Saturday. They had to come back and they were down three to nothing early and they came back forced overtime, d up losing five to four. Ju Jack Karra, friend of the show, Guardia Hall hat trick in that game two goals, one assist, one fight. Got to get him back on the show. He CONTs entered the Guardia Hall hat trick. He's welcome back on the on the show.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and let's see how Lakara Macki does tonight. He was on a line with playing. Oh yeah, he practiced yesterday, so let's see if they throw him in. He has not played the last two games.
Speaker 1: So that's tonight at the Abbotsford Center. Why isn't the Abbotsford Center have a corporate sponsor? Do we know anybody?
Speaker 3: They would be the first rink outside of the Canucks rink to have one if they did. What do you mean, Well, there's no other rink in the Lower Mainland that's got a sponsor, or, is there?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: I think they're pretty good?
Speaker 5: Well Colonna, right doesn't isn't talking Lor Mainland with Victoria Victoria Save on.
Speaker 3: Food, Save on foods. Yeah, so why isn't there one in Abbitsburg?
Speaker 1: That's what I'm asking you.
Speaker 3: Well, let's get going.
Speaker 1: Well, BC plays famously or infamous doesn't.
Speaker 5: Have Yeah, but no, but they have. They have this save on foods field right for the Lions game. It's save on foods field at BC plays, and then tell.
Speaker 1: Us that Bailey has that too. I can't even.
Speaker 5: Rogers field at that Bailey Stadium.
Speaker 3: Revenue you know, the owner of the Canucks loves revenue streams.
Speaker 1: So what well, what owner does it? Okay? Done?
Speaker 3: I'm just I'm just throwing it in there. I'm surprised that Francesco.
Speaker 1: They often come here for advice, we know, And yesterday I gave Patrick Alvin and Jim Rutherford an assignment look up on the rafters. So those retired numbers, all five of the six are are draft picks. Might want to keep those draft picks in the future, just the thought. But if you want to make a little bit more money, I hadn't thought a sponsor on that arena in Abbatsford would probably be the city that would get the money though, right, I hadn't thought about that.
Speaker 5: There's no corporate name out there because now there's a permanent tenant. Like before, I understood it because it was just concerts.
Speaker 1: You know what, you know what when it first happened. And actually, when you think about it, it's been around for a long time, wrigley Field corporate sponsor. But it first became a big deal what in the nineties. And I predicted, all of us predicted this is not good because the names are going to change left and right, and sure enough, that's that's what's happening. You can't keep can't keep track anymore.
Speaker 5: The really historic places haven't though.
Speaker 1: Yankee Stadia, Yankee.
Speaker 5: Stadium, Old Trafford at Manchester.
Speaker 1: Right places, those teams, those franchises make so much money, have so much money, they probably don't need it. Ah, the New York Yankees, you're.
Speaker 5: Telling me there's a price. You're telling me that hab Obaba Gum comes to them and says, hey, you know, we want to be hubb o Baba Stadium.
Speaker 1: You know what my price would do? Huah bah baba for life, for life. Yeah, that's it, you're in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that entire Money's mushrooms Just get company, dude, Money's mushrooms abos for drink? What's wrong with that?
Speaker 1: That's the name.
Speaker 5: What's wrong with that? I love going to rip rip Money's mushrooms. Why you have a connection with money?
Speaker 3: I love Money's mushrooms, I think, and mushrooms are They're a superfood?
Speaker 1: Is a super food?
Speaker 3: Every food you eat super food?
Speaker 1: Blue you know Blue Bears coffee too is on some lists for superfood. Yeah, cantalope I believe if.
Speaker 3: You cantlopes not a super food?
Speaker 1: What's good? Good? You got? I think any I think anything in the Mellon family.
Speaker 3: If you google superfoods, mushrooms will pop up. But youre telling me, I'm serious. I do a lot of research on this. I'm telling you you one of the healthiest things you can have. I don't save on not the other stuff.
Speaker 1: The one mushroom. Right, there's several.
Speaker 5: I'm not seeing it.
Speaker 1: I'm not seeing.
Speaker 5: Seeing can They're they're saying this is one article. I'm seeing it's superfood is a subjective.
Speaker 1: To yeah, there you go, so well. Coffee.
Speaker 3: I remember doctor art history at jo accidents and coffee and it cleans out, yeah clean, yeah, absolutely, as you just Garlic's another super food?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh garlic, yeah, oh definitely, Are you serious? People? Mama the other one, madn't tell her in the her nineties and she had she ate a garlic cloth every day. Oh oh yeah. The taste awful, tarlet taste off. What's the other one? Ginger?
Speaker 3: Ginger is another one? What about Marianne? Uh? Marie Anne was great.
Speaker 5: I'm not seeing garlic as a superfris anywhere You're.
Speaker 1: Not on the right.
Speaker 3: I got I got berries, leafy greens, nuts, nuts, fish, nuts, nuts, and mushrooms, nuts every day.
Speaker 5: Fish, whole grains, beans, yogurt, that's it. Garls like broccoli, califower.
Speaker 1: How was garlic and ginger not on there? They're not they considered a food. It's more it's it's an herb, isn't it?
Speaker 3: Garlic, honeyney, honey, honey. Blueberries are big berries, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, antioxidants and blueberries number one for brain health.
Speaker 1: Blueberries what a tonanks for joining us?
Speaker 5: If you eat a ton of blueberries, that ain't doing nothing for your brain.
Speaker 1: I eat blueberries every days. Look at your brain. Yeah, imagine if you didn't. I'm working with you.
Speaker 5: So b Mac famously b Mac famously had a ton of mushrooms. Yeah, but or not bluerries. You might have eaten mushrooms too. I never talked about that. I have a blueberry story with the legal mushrooms.
Speaker 1: You're talking, yeah, yeah, berry like everybody's done this. I think I was there golfing it out there in Golden Eagle Pitt Meadows. Yeah, there's all those farms that sell the crates of blueberries owned by the Aklanes. Well some of them are yeah. Yeah. As you get further away from that area, the Golden Eagle swannus Hit area. But you and oftentimes you'll stop at one of those farms and buy a crate of blueberries. Berry had an order from i think from his pick up some pick up some blueberry. Yeah, he finished them before he got home. Everybody's done it. Nothing finished an entire like ten pounds blocks, but everybody's done it. Not everybody where were we anyway? Okay, Canucks, Hey, Rick Tackett, listen to this, folks. He's got a new job, well, a new old job. Well, it has a little bit to do with coaching. I think the fact that he just coached the Vancouver Canucks helped him get this job back. He's going to be on TNT again, Yeah, and part of their NHL playoff coverage Friday and Saturday. He'll be in the TNT studios in Atlanta along with Paul Bissonette and Ansley Carter and they rotate that fourth position. Liam McHugh is there. He's the bust driver of the host and it's off the time Rick Bonus or Hendrik Lundquist. But on Friday and Saturday, it will be the former coach of the Vancouver Canucks, Rick Talckett.
Speaker 3: And just for those people that are saying, Oh my god, he's going back to TV. This is not full time. The goal is to coach in the NHL. Down this is they got such a good relationship Talcket and TNT. This is only a weekend maybe another.
Speaker 5: That's what I just said. There's people out there, Oh he's going back to TV.
Speaker 1: He's not.
Speaker 3: The TV is not the goal. It's coaching, folks. He wants to get back into coaching, but this is but it's a safety valve for one off.
Speaker 1: If things don't work out, if he can't out, Oh he can't find the perfect job or the job that he feels would be near perfect somewhere in the National Hockey as a head coach. He's got this to fall back on that they pay well from.
Speaker 3: The goal is coaching, not television. But anyway, okay, I want to get that out there. You got all these cycles on Twitter. Oh he's done. He's not gonna coach. He's going back to TV. Just a one off weekend, that's all.
Speaker 1: Okay. So also from reliable sources, one in particular, he interviewed with the Seattle Kraken. Thought I thought he was I thought he was headed back east. That's what the Canucks said.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, but Donnie, I can say this. It did catch some people off guard when Jim Rutherford said Talcket would only coach back east. I am under the impression that Talcket would listen to all teams, including Seattle, Anaheim, possibly LA if they make a change, not just East Coast team. So there is a lot of interest in Talket. He is open to all East Coast, West Coast, West Coast, Midwest. Just let me say that again. He's open to everything East Coast, West Coast, Midwest.
Speaker 1: Everything South America.
Speaker 3: It did catch people off guard that Rutherford said he'd only go back. He's he's got family back, He's.
Speaker 1: What about this interview with Seattle.
Speaker 3: I just heard of it this morning. I'm not I know Anaheim's poking around. There's a lot of teams poking around on Talcket.
Speaker 1: How bad would we talked about this yesterday?
Speaker 3: It would be horrible bad Would it look in your.
Speaker 1: Division if Rick Talckett ended up with a Western team? Given that the Canucks Jim Rutherford said that he's he wanted to work back east to be closer to family. Yeah, yeah, I look good.
Speaker 3: It's not good if he ends up in Seattle, my goodness, in your own division. That's like trading thatcher demp go into your division. You don't do that. You do not trade a starting goaltender into your division. You just don't do that. Don so anyway, So this isn't a trade guy, I know. But you don't let a coach walk from your organization into another team or they don't have anything in your division, whether you don't let they don't have any control anymore. Well, okay, there's no question on you.
Speaker 1: You're right.
Speaker 3: The optics of him ending up in Seattle would be atrocious to the Canucks.
Speaker 1: Atrocious. Well, when Lee Len wait to I'm leaving Vancouver because I feel it's dysfunctional that that thought out there, not me but him, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, there's a lot of reasons why he left. I would probably say Quinn Hughes future, you know, or lack of knowledge of his future is probably high up there for Rick.
Speaker 1: Okay. Also, we keep hearing that Pittsburgh is more and more a strong candidate. But then we've also heard that the Flyers and everybody is assumed that, Okay, Rick Talckett is leaving the Canucks. He wants to work back East. We assume in the NHL versus tn T and that it'll be the Flyers of a coaching vacancy that he'll end up with. But we're hearing the Flyers haven't reached out to him yet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everyone's going to reach out to him. I was told yesterday a lot of teams that Boston is a club that I've been I've been saying about Boston. Keep an eye on the Bruins. I will be surprised if the Bruins don't contact Talcket.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: He he's a really Boston type guy, cam Neely. Rick Tockett played the same the game, the same way power forwards did everything.
Speaker 1: Was a Philly type guy.
Speaker 3: Obviously, Philly's gonna contact him.
Speaker 1: A lot of teams have but they say that, but we've heard that they haven't, which they would, but they can.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of time they can do it on they can do it today at noon dot. But they have interviewed some guys, but Boston is another place where it's just reeks of Rick tocket and the way they.
Speaker 1: Played for them. Yes, yeah, he's not for a long period of time.
Speaker 3: Cam Neely's running the show there. You know that I mean, you know, I I would be shocked if Boston isn't a team that looks into Rick Talcket.
Speaker 1: Okay, we had time to talk about Adam Foot or should we save that for the third segment because there's a lot of a lot of talk about a lot of conversation around Adam Foot and we all know his connection to Quinn Hughes. Adam having run the Canucks defensive side of things, handled the defenseman under under Rick Talcket, that that in order to appease Quinn Hughes, might not be a bad idea to have Adam Foot become the head coach of the Vancouver Canucks. Absolutely, So we'll get into that more in segment three. There's a lot I mean those games last night, two more comebacks of the National hockel the playoffs have been so good. Yeah, uh back and Utah has its name. Okay, we'll get into that a little bit later. And uh, much to Ryan's delight, Rogers Arena some big, big construction going on right now. We'll get into all that later. Here's what else is coming up on the show, DTMZ Is it just me? In the eleven o'clock hour, John Shannon will join us just after eleven o'clock from One Hockey. And of course John had the interview with Jim Rutherford on Friday, a huge interview and as we know Jim Rutherford only does interviews with media based in the East. Did we reach out, I mean Big Ride the Twitter guy coming up later this hour and up next we're gonna talk about the Canadian Football Ague BC Lions training camp. They have the mini camp rookies et cetera, starting camp today up in Camloops. The main camp begins on the weekend again in Camloops. Ryan rig Maiden is the Lions first year general manager. He's been on this show before. He's going to join us next. Thanks so much for tuning in, folks, Donnie and tolling the team on check Dolly and Dolly.
Speaker 6: The team is supported by Ableauctions dot CA Closing your Business we can help.
Speaker 1: Able Auctions specializes in helping British Columbia based business owners close their business and sell their assets in a timely, orderly manner.
Speaker 3: Online events for everything from machine shop and manufacturing auctions to industrial equipment, retail inventories, or any other type of business assets. Able Auctions can help for a free confidential consultation on getting your business assets sold.
Speaker 1: Please email sales at able Auctions dot Ca dot sales at ab l E Auctions dot Ca.
Speaker 3: The Bayside Resort is a booutique luxury resort like no other. Nestled on the bluff above beautiful Parksville Beach, this beautiful oceanfront property prides themselves on offering a uncompromise infusion West Coast authenticity and bespoke luxury. Their guests have come to expect a truly personal experience where all senses are indulged. The setting is gorgeous, the memories.
Speaker 1: Last a lifetime.
Speaker 3: Whether you're looking for a panoramic ocean view or an on site fitness center, indoor outdoor pool, ocean front restaurant, lounge, high speed internet access, or the perfect place for your next corporate event, the Bayside ocean Front Resort the perfect choice any.
Speaker 1: Time of the year.
Speaker 3: It's called two five zero, two four eight eight, triple three and fuck your stay Today.
Speaker 1: It is Wednesday, and all today's guests, including Ryan Ric Maiden of the Lions, brought to you by Another Vancouver is Sporting Enterity, The Vancouver Canadian Caesar on the road in Spokane this week. They return to the net next Tuesday, the next Homesta and includes a nooner Women in Sports Day featuring appearance from Hazel may Oh and a white Spot Family Fun Sunday. Get Hazel may on the show. Let's get Rye not Ryan Blue Jays. You know what, come on, Let's go. Check out the full schedule and get your tickets at Canadians Baseball dot com or call six or forty seven two five two three two BC allons. Their twenty twenty five CFL training camp starts today with Mini camp. Main camp starts on Sunday. That's May eleventh, up in kun Loops and joining us right now from kownl Loops. I believe first year alliance GM Ryan rig Maiden who's been on the show before. Ryan, thanks for doing this, sir.
Speaker 7: How are you you betcha doing well?
Speaker 8: How are you guys?
Speaker 1: Good? But did you know that kawnl Loops is more beautiful than Spain? Do you have any idea?
Speaker 7: I can't confirm that, but I'll tell you this. I've never been to Spain. I've been to Gambloos many times and it is absolutely gorgeous up.
Speaker 1: Here, absolutely It's kind of an inside joke and I apologize for that. Ryan. Hey, what is a full training camp versus last year going to mean for Nathan Rourke? Yeah?
Speaker 7: I think it's gonna be huge. You know, First of all, he's got to get acclimated with this offense right that the Buck is bringing in. And so they've been working hard already in terms of meeting and Nathan's been running his own passing camps and all that kind of stuff with all the local guys. So he's been doing everything he can by himself. But you know, kam Loops is where we become a team, and so Nathan, you know, getting into this offense and getting real live reps, it just makes all the difference in the world. So this is where the foundation starts and hopefully ends up in a great cup.
Speaker 1: Ryan, you acquire CFL that friend Jeremiah Massoli in the off season. Now on social media and by the way, your group does a standing job on social media, Jeremiah really comes across as a real leader. How much is he going to help this team? How much is he gonna help Nathan? Yeah?
Speaker 8: Huge.
Speaker 7: You know, when we had reached out to Jeremiah and his agent, in the free agent process, you know, we wanted somebody with his experience, and frankly, he's got more experience than all of our quarterbacks do put together. So we wanted another set of eyes for Nathan. We wanted a reliable number two or and number three, however that shakes out here in camp. His leadership has been absolutely excellent. I've only known him on reputation. Every team he's ever played for has had just nothing but great things to say about him. His teammates the same. So getting him in here, giving us another experienced signal caller with his history and experience is absolutely huge for not only the team, but also for Nathan. You know, they can get back after every pass and say, hey, what did you see here? You know, what was the corner doing here? Was he low or was he high? That kind of feedback is absolutely huge for your starting quarterback. So Jeremiah is a tremendous player. He's a terrific leader from everything that I've encountered in the brief time that we've had him. But very lucky to have him.
Speaker 1: Ryan.
Speaker 3: It doesn't matter who your quarterback is. If the old line doesn't protect him, it's going to be a long year for that quarterback. You made adjustments on the old line in the off season. How happy are you with the old line right now?
Speaker 7: Very happy? So you hit the nail on the head. You know, this has been something that frankly has held our team back for the last couple of years. And we're able to make an aggressive trade with Toronto to bring in a right tackle, Dejon Allen. We feel like he's going to be a big upgrade for what we have. Two years ago, we took George Una with the first round in the first round rather to c meet up that right guard spot. And this kid is everything we hope and so last year he had a tremendous rookie mini camp. We weren't able to get him on the field. That was something that we probably should have done. And those two additions are going to make this offensive line significantly better. So I don't care if it's Pee WEE or NFL or CFL, it doesn't matter what level of football. If you've got a good offensive line, it's very hard to be a bad football team. So everything starts up front. We want to win that way and that's how we've built it.
Speaker 3: Well, Nathan Rourke can't complain about weapons. Okay, he's got a good receiving corps led by Justin mckinnis, who led the CFL and receiving last year.
Speaker 1: Are you expecting a.
Speaker 3: Lot of yards, a lot of points, a lot of offense this year, right, Yeah?
Speaker 7: You know, Bucks offense is based on being physical, running the ball and then taking calculated shot plays down the field. And so if you've watched Winnipeg's offense in the last five year years, I'm sure you have, you've seen what kind of offense he has. So mckinnis, you know, coming off the season that he did last year, I think he set in the bar high. But it's not just him. It's Hatcher, it's Barry Hill, it's ever Hard, it's some of the rookies that we have. We feel like we've got tremendous talent. We feel like we've upgraded the running back situation as well, not just with James Butler coming back, but the rookies here are going to give everybody a run this year, and so we feel like we've added some more speed than maybe we've had in the past and trying to give coach Coachbuck the best options he possibly can to put together a winning offense.
Speaker 1: I love this honesty from one of your players, Ryan Christin Covington, What do you expect from him this year? He admits that he came up from the NFL and he was really surprised by the level of talent in the Canadian Football League.
Speaker 7: I think that's the case for most players that have played in the NFL in my experience, they come up to Canada feeling right or wrong. They feel like it's going to be I don't want to say cake walk. That's probably the wrong term, but I think they feel like it's going to be easier than it is. Then they get up here and they see the level of talent and there's a period of adjustment. So you know, Christian, I just bumped him into him in the hall the other day. He's putting on a little bit of weight. He said he felt like he thought his body was a little bit light last year. That's what last year's year of experience has taught him. Hey, he feels like he needs to get bigger. He's still got the power and the speed. You know, he is taking that next step as a leader for us as well. So last year, despite the fact that you know, he came in with nine years of NFL experience. He was still a CFL rookie, and you can't lead as a CFL rookie, or at least it's very very rare. And so this year he's coming in as a turn He's got a year under his belt. He played terrific for us. Sky's the limit for him. He's another local guy, So I'm excited for him to take that next step, not only as a player, but as a leader.
Speaker 1: Okay, the other thing, Ryan, we get all the press releases and we hear about the players that you're signing in the offseason, Americans, Canadians, a couple of Irish kickers. As a matter of fact, give us a name, Give us a name amongst the players you brought in that you think is going to turn heads.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think the running back situation is going to be intriguing just because we've got players that have all different types of traits. You've got a Xander Horvath, who played a kind of a full back running back hybrid position in college, went to the San Diego Chargers as a draft pick. He instills that kind of toughness that we're looking for at running back. The return game is something that we really identified is something that we had to improve. Jermaine Jackson from Idaho is going to compete right away as a starter for us. He's got that juice and that long speed that we've been missing. Jason Huntley, the running back spent I think he spent five or six years in the NFL. He's also going to compete in that role. So you know, the biggest part of the offseason for me is identifying your weaknesses and then trying to remedy them. And so you know, when you look at our offensive line, you make the trade with Toronto for Dejon, you try to get Georgejuna in the mix. You try to say, hey, we need more speed, Well, how are we going to do that? So you meet with your staff and you add some some players like this, but in a secondarya I think Tyler Coyle is going to be excellent. Aj Uzodema. These are two guys that we had in for roster expansion. Our linebacker situation with Devin Richardson the rookie and also Mike Smith is another one to watch. And then maybe somebody with the most fanfare is Komoko Terre the defensive end that I think went fifty second overall a few years ago to Indianapolis. He's a big long pass rusher with burst and bend. So be on the lookout for these guys. But in every camp you get, you get a player that maybe you weren't quite as high, you've got a lower grade on and they come in and they suppor so we'll see how it goes goes.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't know if you're prepared for this question, but we have our Delaney's Okay, Tyron Langley an alder Grove inbox. No shortage of these submit missions since you appeared on our show just moments ago. Please ask Brian when we will hear who the opening concert act is for the season opener. Hey, Kenny, reveal who that is? That's from Eric? Let me go? Can he help us out? Cough it up?
Speaker 7: Can you tell Eric? That is way above my pay grade? And I found out something interesting. Carolyn Cody, who's one of our vice presidents. She does a tremendous job. She makes the whole team run. I was talking with her at a soccer game recently. I had heard a rumor that she had to sign an NDA when she was negotiating these things, and she said, yeah, that is one hundred percent true. So I promise you even if Carolyn knows, she is not telling anybody, which means I have no idea.
Speaker 1: Well, we don't want to get you or Carolyn in trouble with omar. Ryan, thanks for this. Best of luck up in Kamloops and best of luck this season.
Speaker 7: Thank you guysppreciate it.
Speaker 1: Ryan Rigg, Maiden, General manager of the bach Lands. Of course, their first preseason game is in Langford.
Speaker 3: The concert enough It last year was on the twenty seventh thought of this month, so keep an eye on that.
Speaker 1: It's coming soon. Okay, all right, a break and then we'll introduce the poll question. It has to do with the Cannucks coaching situation. That's next our thanks to Ryan Donnie Delay the Team one Check.
Speaker 3: Our podcast is brought to you in part by birds Nest Properties, Lower Mainlands leader in rental property management. From finding a tenant to collecting rent and property maintenance. Birds Nest Properties delivers five star property management services with the reviews to prove it. Bird's Nest Properties your Vancouver property managers who take care of everything so you don't have to own a rental property. Give the folks at Bird's Nest property as a call today six oh four two six to zero double nine, double five, or visit Birdnest properties dot CA.
Speaker 1: Bottle and dog Pole. Question visil one of Victory's favorite pubs, The Dog where you can enjoy twenty caps, twenty screens. You're out for the Canucks in UFC. Come sit and stay at the Dog today.
Speaker 3: Rick Ryan, get her up the wattling dog pup pole question. Why will your reaction be if Adam foots the new Canucks head coach thumbs up or thumbs down and leading the way thumbs down? Sixty three percent thirty seven percent are okay with it? Already a thousand votes. It's hopping, it's poppin'. Uh, Donnie, Uh, he's never been a head coach before except one year in Kelowna the Western Hockey League, many many years ago.
Speaker 1: Nineteen twenty. You can't not nineteen twenty twenty, nineteen twenty nineteen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not many years ago, but listen, Uh, you can't do Adam Foot just to please Quinn Hughes. You have to hire the best coach for twenty two players, not for one player. And if they do this, and if this whole coaching search is just and then if Quinny say you do, say you hire Adam Foot and Quinn Hughes still walks in two years, well how dumb are.
Speaker 1: They going to depends the seasons ago.
Speaker 3: I get that, but I you cannot hire Adam Foot just because you're going to please Quinn Hughes. You gotta have twenty two guys in mind, not one, you know, And I think it's wrong if they just hire the next coach to please remember uh remember lawango the captaincy. Oh we'll give him the captaincy. And so he dies, he signs a long term deal, he doesn't go How did that? How did that happen? How did that end up? Donney the captaincy?
Speaker 1: Not good? You can't do stuff to please one guy. That comparison really fits here, but ith it does? I agree with Rick? Yeah, look at it.
Speaker 5: They throwed Remember he did the draft and he announced the pick. Remember that was around the same time, and they made him in in that flopped, Like I I understand, trying to appear.
Speaker 1: Remember you didn't have a contract it you.
Speaker 3: I think there's a there's a line.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you have to keep him in mind obviously, but I would you should do that because he's the captain anyway, I just worry that, yeah, you're gonna do that.
Speaker 1: Well, what are you talking about? He signed a contract that sucked. Well, I here, here's where I'm gonna go a little bit uh to the east here and that's Manny Malhultra, right you with me? Ryan, And I wonder if the part of what they're thinking is do we jump quickly on many Mahultra after one year in Abosford, Because I just have a feeling that this guy's going to be a hot commodity in a few years, and if you don't pick him as your next head coach in two, three, four years down the road, he might be one of the extremely I just have a feeling about him and everything we hear about the way things are running atmosphere, look at look at the job that that that they didn't ama for this year, and and incredibly how yeah, for the first time, maybe ever, you saw multiple players, multiple prospects up from Abbotsford playing very well at the NHL level. Well at the same time, the Abbotsford Canucks kept pace in the American hockey That just that's not supposed to happen, so he would. Yeah, he would have to take a lot of the credit for it. I I if you're a Knuck fan, you have to be a little concerned about Mahultra. You don't jump on him, you don't give him that job. Is he going to be a hot commodity in three years? I wonder about maybe you could say the same thing about Adam Foote. I'm not sure, but that was very impressive. That that's that has to be I've said it before, I said it yesterday, that that may be the best story for there are many of them, the best story for the Canucks this past season.
Speaker 3: And I keep being told, they keep being told Maultra, you know, possibly the front runner in Vancouver.
Speaker 1: But they can't. They can't interview right now, don because the team. He's busy.
Speaker 3: He's busy. He's busy, which is smart. Let him concentrate on the team.
Speaker 1: And again and abbots for tonight Game three against Coachella Valley at the sponsorless Abbotsford Center, best of five, again a tide at at one. All right, all right? By the way, uh Lyon's first preseason game is is Langford versus Calgary on Vancouver Island, Monday, May nineteenth.
Speaker 3: Right around the corner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, looking at that, it's me, isn't it. Yeah, Man, I gotta I gotta keep track of things better. Okay, where do you want to go here? Let's talk about Rogers Arena. What's happening there? All right? New black seat, Ryan, this is the greatest. This is Christmas for you Christmas and we there were there's there has been a smattering of the new black seats at Rogers Arena this past season. Okay, all right, but new black and rich folk. Yeah, there you go. New black seats are being installed everywhere in Rodgers Arena. That so that's our understanding. The old maroon seats that have been around since nineteen ninety five, since what was then gmplas opened out the door. New beautiful, cushy black seats, cup holders, cannuct logo on the side of the aisle seats, which I think is a mistake, but they look pretty sharp right now, because what if they change the logo? Just thinking ahead here.
Speaker 5: But I think that tells you where they're at with changing the logo.
Speaker 1: I think what I'm telling you is that i'd like to see the logo changed.
Speaker 5: You know, what would be a cool touch is if.
Speaker 1: You had lazy boys all the way around.
Speaker 5: You put all the logos an alternate them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but what if they come up with another, with a new one somewhere down their own?
Speaker 3: So are you happy now? Are you gonna stop crying?
Speaker 1: Are you gonna?
Speaker 5: We should? We should say, by the way, hat tipped to Adam cuism Blad of the Hockey Army Cosma Kissing Blad.
Speaker 1: I've going with Ryan.
Speaker 5: He tweeted yesterday that he got this photo sent to him by a friend that you can tell one of the sections in the lower bowl is all ripped up and they're installing the new black seats slowly in there. And it's interesting because he brings it up. They have They do have an event coming in there on May thirteenth, but there's a pretty lightly and so is June, and so is June before it kind of ramps up in July and August.
Speaker 3: So it's about time and.
Speaker 5: Look at I was skeptical, even though they were telling season ticket holders it was happening, until I started to see seats going into this venue. I was skeptical because of all the hiccups that had happened.
Speaker 1: To the like honest to God again with different I I I.
Speaker 5: Half an hour ago I bought concert tickets for CalCon I. The cheapest ticket I could find for concert tickets in that building in October is one hundred and thirty dollars each. So you guys telling me about Empire the winning benches, Your ticket was three benches, Yeah it was.
Speaker 3: It was three dollars and seventy five cents. We never can play. And by the way, this is.
Speaker 5: One of the most heavily used buildings. You guys don't know because you are you don't go to games. Tell us you don't go to the games you sit in the Champions Club. I was sitting in the upper bowl for one of those late season games against anah my seat.
Speaker 3: I was at that game and I was sitting in a restaurant. Yeah, in the cushy bar, beautiful seat. Yeah, I was in the upper bowl.
Speaker 1: There's nothing I never ever gone to a sporting it ever And to myself, this seat is offful.
Speaker 5: How many photos did we get of people's seats literally falling apart.
Speaker 3: On them like adress falling off?
Speaker 5: Part of the charm, but part of the charm. It's gross thirty years, one of the most heavily used buildings, and it's taking them this long to finally pull those maroon things out of there.
Speaker 1: Would you rather have new seats or winning hockey? Twinning hockey?
Speaker 5: You would have seats at this point you should demand both plus a season ticket oder forking over thousands of dollars and you have a seat that has cardboard and things falling off.
Speaker 1: Of what are we doing? As you know, I have been informed by some people, certain people unnamed, that there were issues with the health, issues with healthy with seats the interior of the Yes, would you want to buy you know, people like seats from the Montreal Form by a couple of old No, the.
Speaker 3: BC place seats are not great. When we go to lines they're going on they're super duper and they are.
Speaker 5: They are, They're not Why wouldn't you want it?
Speaker 1: Wouldn't that be cool? Having your man killed? A couple again, thirty years of what you were really against?
Speaker 3: The gross they're gross at this point with.
Speaker 1: You because a lot of second people bought seats from the Montreal Forum, which was around since the beginning of time, and what were they The seat was actually wood bingo. You just want every seat cleaner, c and did cleaner like it's so you're okay with why did they put wood seats? Arena sure decreased the tickets.
Speaker 3: Want every seat to be like a dentist chair.
Speaker 1: Know it's not going to be like that.
Speaker 5: Honestly, I give them credit for the fact that it appears as though there's going to be cup holders and all of them, and the christening and all that. I give them credit on that because I thought it was just going to be for the club section and for that rich exclusive section behind the bench and all the.
Speaker 1: Holders a gang commons place now, but with you, it adds. I will expend solely because you don't want to be kicking over yours. No, it's the worst.
Speaker 5: It's the worst that you've paid fifteen ninety five for, you know, and it's sitting under your seat, just dangling there.
Speaker 3: Perfect, Okay, they get this done. I don't want to hear seats from you ever. Again, I'm not going to complain obviously because they'll be brown.
Speaker 5: I do want to hear it because I want to just full how spoiled you are. I've got Brian Adams tickets. That's not the content about today. I got Brians. That'll be the first show I have unless something comes up over the summer, so that'll be my first chance to give them a test run.
Speaker 1: And I won't wait. And have we heard anything about the seats, you know, seriousness about the old seats being available? What are they gonna do with them now? I don't know, just throw them outside? Yeah.
Speaker 5: But here's the thing though, that you bring up the form and you like seriously speaking, I know they had a Cup final in their appearance Olympics, Like what's.
Speaker 1: Is there really all that invents on the price, Like what.
Speaker 5: Would be the historical relevance of a seat and a maroon's seat from that building?
Speaker 3: Some people like you said the Montreal form Again, that's the form the eye of the beholder. And maybe leave Gardens when Mayble Gardens went down, the same.
Speaker 5: Thing again, that's a historic significant building, Roger's Arena, GM Place.
Speaker 1: M Paul McCartney there, so did I three times, Shelton John.
Speaker 5: I mean I've seen the bazillion concerts in there. I've seen probably more conscerts and sporting events in that building.
Speaker 1: How much money? It's just okay, we got time to talk, Utah, let's just save it for the next open segment.
Speaker 9: Yeah, because I mean I'm coming up next. I want some time, you know what we have time. Yeah, here's what else is coming up on the show, DMC prim Business. I'm getting to it, okay, Yeah, sure, DTMC is it just me coming up in the eleven o'clock hour John Shannon at the top of the hour, we'll see where he stands in the new seats at Rogers Arena. Hopefully won't be standing on the seats, okay. Business Able Auctions May thirteenth, Just around the corner man that Lions game again. May nineteenth, oh two feet away. May thirteenth, Able Auctions will sell the contents of a closed precision machine shop and a closed custom cabinet shop. At the machine shop for y CM precision vertical machining centers, two CNC turning lathes and more at the cabinet shop, twenty twenty two models, CNC edge banders, nesting machines, side drilling machine and more. For information on these two business closer auctions in one day, go to able auctions dot ca to get your business asset assets sold. Email sales at able auctions dot Ca that sales at a b l E Auctions dot CA. By the way, I have been informed by several people in the Delaney's Okay tire in Langley an alder Grove inbox that garlic is a plant, not a her herb or a vegetable. It's in a plant category.
Speaker 1: Garnicas. Yes, yes, it's still a super food. It is, it is, it is, and ginger too. I think they're going to go through the listing. Ryan doesn't believe any of it. He's measure a garnic Big rise. Next Donny Dolly the team on Check Love golf but hate the rain. Hideout Golf is now open.
Speaker 3: Located in the Sands Hotel on Davy Street. Hideout Golf is your new go to golf simulator bar, perfect for everything from casual rounds to competitive play.
Speaker 1: Hideout Golf has an exclusive offer for Donnie and Donny listeners. Get twenty five percent off simulator time for your first booking. Just use the promo code Dad Dad twenty five. That's Dad Dad twenty five.
Speaker 5: Ready to t up your next night out? Book now at a Hideout Golf dots eight.
Speaker 8: Hey, oh my god, it's the MERV Griffin set.
Speaker 1: How did you get this in here? You just bring it in sideways and book it.
Speaker 3: So where are you gonna sleep?
Speaker 2: Get backstage?
Speaker 7: This chair smells like garbage.
Speaker 1: Oh well, a lot of.
Speaker 10: The stars from the seventies they were not as hygienic as they appeared on TV.
Speaker 3: Now you take Mannix for.
Speaker 8: Example, I'm gonna get that all right. Well, Jerry, we'd love to have you back anytime.
Speaker 5: It's so reason we're running this is because somebody in the Delaney's okay, Tirre and Langley an AlDub of Inbox.
Speaker 1: Don die from Nanaimo. He mentioned that.
Speaker 5: That the chairs of Rogers Arena you might find them in a dumpster, much like Kramer did with the MERV Griffin set and sign.
Speaker 1: That wasn't Dondee's submission. His was buy some old seats from the cuttocks and installed them in your studio and have a live audience. Yeah maybe that's by the way, that's a top three Seinfeld episode. Oh yeah, it's so weird.
Speaker 5: Rick has no idea, of course.
Speaker 3: But for first of all, you guys in the Seinfeld I brought up I Love Lucy yesterday. You guys ripped the short of shreds. Lucy o'ball was one of the nicest. It wasn't the best comedians Ricky, Ricardo, Ethel and what's her name? It was Ethel and Fred in the lower base in the lower levels there.
Speaker 5: I bring up the connection to the seat said Rogers, you guys Seinfeld every day I asked for I Love Lucy.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna I'm gonna tell you right now. I as a kid, I remember watching I Love Lucy. I hated it. Oh, it was just a bunch of screaming. It's kind of like this show, our show.
Speaker 3: Lucille Ball the best female comedian of all time.
Speaker 1: There's a good there's a good show out recently called I think being the Ricardos. It's good. It doesn't pay. It paid a pretty picture. Nicole Kevin is it? Oh yah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. Have you seen it? It's on the list.
Speaker 5: It's a lot of other people wondering if the seats at Rogers Arena will show up at able auctions one day.
Speaker 1: And I don't know.
Speaker 5: I should talk. I should talk to Jeremy on the phone. Jeremy is called up Francesco at all and figured this out, because you know, Francesco, if he could make some money off the old seats. I mean, come on, brought to you by Suri Mitsubishi. Check out a vast selection of new and used vehicles, exceptional car care and customer service. Visit them one three eight two zero one on Fourth Avenue in Surrey today or online. It's Suriy Mitsubishi.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: Interesting. Note very quickly about ratings in the United States for the first round of the NHL play A lot of people talking about how they're down, and they are down, they were down year over year.
Speaker 1: No, no, but how about this? This is positive? This is positive? Okay.
Speaker 5: This is from Austin carp Two point four million viewers for Stars Abs Game seven on ABC on Saturday night. It's the third best NHL first round game since the start of the current rights deal, better audience than all but three games from the first three rounds of last season's playoffs, and it also edged out the Miami Grand Prix, which, by the way, it struggled big time ratings wise. But that's besides the point. So two point four million. I haven't seen numbers yet in the US. I'd be interested to know for the Jets Blues game on Sunday night, that would be interesting.
Speaker 3: But two point four million is decent, and.
Speaker 5: I look at there's a lot of people that keep dumping on the NHL and the ratings for the first round. And when you don't have.
Speaker 1: You don't have a representative in LA.
Speaker 5: But you don't have a representative from New York outside of the Devils. No Islanders, no Boston, no Boston, no Chicago, right, I mean that's a lot. There's a big say no Detroit. I think a lot of people forget about Detroit, right because they haven't been in there, so wrong. But not having there and they're is huge. The other one that I think hurts the NHL a lot. You know, everyone laughs a lot at the Buffalo Sabers. Buffalo is a really strong TV market and they of course it is, but they haven't been in the playoff. But I'm just saying, I think a lot of people because they're such a forgotten franchise, I think it hurts.
Speaker 1: But no Pritsburgh, by the way as well. Shicksburg's another one. So many people through the years, and I got friends of mine who don't like hockey, believe it or not, and they use that as a measurement of how bad the sport is. Tions My take on the American TV ratings is that hockey is by and large, there are exceptions, I know, not part of the American culture Baseball, like football. It's amazing that hockey is as popular as it is. That's this is my take. As popular as it is in the States, given the fact that it isn't part of their culture, but by and large right like it like it is in Canada. Absolutely, And just look at the players, like watching Matthew and Ives the other day. He's born in Phoenix. Yeah, what's growing like like Matthews.
Speaker 5: Well and and and the big thing the contrast to the NBA posted its best opening weekend playoff ratings in twenty five years. The first round of the NBA playoffs were really strong ratings wise. Now we will see how that goes. Because on the East side in the NBA, Indiana Cleveland. You have a New York and Yoga Boston for sure, but Indiana Cleveland, I mean that's not And don't get me wrong, I mean the Pacers are up to Oh the games have been interesting, but that's not huge markets. We'll see how the ratings progress. Meanwhile, I think the NHL second round, of my opinion, is stronger in terms of the opponent's playing than the NBA. So we'll see how it progresses.
Speaker 1: That New York Boston series is gonna be. It's gonna be the way it started, overcoming a twenty point deficit, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, Yeah, I know you're Philadelphia's out to the Flyers. That hurts Penguins hurt. They got markets in the US out, that's really hurting the TV ratings.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I know people aren't gonna want to hear this, but the amount of Canadian teams being in doesn't do a ton for the the US ratings.
Speaker 1: I gotta say, like Edmonton is so impressive right now. They've won five straight games. They're getting, you know, so much contribution from players other than Connor Brown is what a goal last night? Other than McDavid and dry Sidle. They look like Toronto looks good too. Well.
Speaker 5: Charles Barkley, he predicted Edmonton Toronto Cup final.
Speaker 1: I might not watch.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that would be something.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I'm with you and that you said that if if Ebonton goes far or Everington wins this Towny Cup, I you know, I really don't want to see Edmonton win. I've seen them win five in my lifetime. But I would like to see Connor mcgavid win a cup.
Speaker 5: I want to see McDavid win win. I don't care if Matthews does. I'm good not seeing Austin Matthews.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because when winever the Leafs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and also American.
Speaker 3: So I'm good.
Speaker 1: I'm good. I don't really you know, it's you don't want to see Quinn Hees win a cup in Vancouver. Well that's different.
Speaker 5: It's different because he's got the Vancouver well for how long we don't know, but yeah, anyway, he.
Speaker 1: Was he was winsday a cup with Toronto. Oh yeah, that'd be something.
Speaker 3: Okay, uh do you see?
Speaker 5: The only thing is I'm a torn because if it was an Edmont to Toronto final, I'd really like to see Christanna win a cup, right Morgan Riley? Right, yeah, Morgan for sure? So oh weel winning.
Speaker 3: Back to back?
Speaker 1: That would be amazing. And I wonder how and I know there, you know, the Dallas Stars getting you know, two of their best players back. That's what that's a wagon. I get all that, but I wonder what getting past that first round is going to do for Connor Hallibuck.
Speaker 5: The Jets as a whole.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but especially him getting back to being Connor. Yeah, I mean even Game seven. Well they won't if he's not good.
Speaker 5: Like I say, man, the the twenty eleven vibes with the Jets. They're strong in my opinion. Okay, one other thing, very quickly. This is from last night in New York Yankees Padres. Yankees win twelve three over the Padres. Home run, Aaron Judge home run. You can roll this there. Aaron Judge home run. Okay, that's a routine thing. Watch what happens here with the fan in green catches the ball, cheering, excited. There goes the baseball.
Speaker 1: He lost it.
Speaker 3: The guy yeah, pockets it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 5: Later on the Yes broadcast caught his buddy returning the baseball to him as a good Now, he isn't the one that swiped it. The guy in the Yankees hat. See there, he's behind him in the jersey. He's the guy that took it. He's the guy that took it. But the fact that you would even consider pocketing that ball, I mean, Ryan, thirty years ago, he would have got away with that. Now that I know there's forty camera.
Speaker 3: But hold on to it, man, like.
Speaker 5: I know, you're excited and cheering.
Speaker 4: But like.
Speaker 5: The fact, you could have gone over the wall, you could have lost it all together. But he did return it to him, so all was made right.
Speaker 1: But I don't think it was It was the guy the jacket on it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the guy, no, he had the jersey on. What you're gonna see him here?
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: The guy next to the guy in green, he's got a Yankee hat on.
Speaker 5: In a jersey on. See this, he's the one that scoops it up right here ready. But the guy in the blue hoodie you see jumping ended.
Speaker 1: Up with it.
Speaker 5: He ended up with it and returned it.
Speaker 1: Looks like a different guy, and they got the Yankees jersey doesn't look.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, you're seeing it right seeing behind he standing up.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, they should have got out of there.
Speaker 3: Okay, they should have got out of there and went to the upper alestrator.
Speaker 5: I should get a telestrator on the show.
Speaker 1: That'd be good. That'd be fun. Yeah, we know the budget for anything else, but let's get Ryan.
Speaker 5: That would be fun. But anyway, this was when this made a lot of the rounds on that in social media because so.
Speaker 3: Many cameras just scooped it up so long, down on the guy.
Speaker 1: A lot of people would do that.
Speaker 3: I don't think I would. They should have got Let me say this, Let me say.
Speaker 1: The seeds at Yankee Stadium.
Speaker 5: I've never been to Yankee. Let me say this though. The amount of angst and fighting that goes over baseballs is wild to me.
Speaker 1: Like a foul ball. They have guys that get jumpy, elbows thrown.
Speaker 5: If it's significantani's baseball with a ton of values.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's wild. I don't think it's it's human nature. It's prival. I get it. But it's like, guys, you haven't.
Speaker 5: Seen that it's a two dollars baseball and then like ripping it away from some kid or something that.
Speaker 1: You know what you know what's tough is that I grew up going to a lot of lacrosse games, and lacrosse balls they bounce. Boy, yeah, I remember getting it going as a kid, getting reallyant Burnaby Lake Arena, big dog pile ball, bouncing all over the place, bodies flying was crazy.
Speaker 5: That would be tough. I got injured that that was the only one that would be a tough one to secure, you know, because of the bounce. Factor. Yeah, that would be tough anyway. Thankfully that guy got his base back up. Next, our good pal, John Shannon from the One hundred Percent Hockey Podcast. He's next. It's Donny Doll the team I Check.
Speaker 1: Hey everyone, it's Donnie and Dolly and we're looking to partner with your company.
Speaker 3: We have several packages and price points to fit your budget and spread the word about your company on the show, in our podcast, and on social media.
Speaker 1: We'd love to get involved with your company. Called two five oh eight eight oh twenty two eighty two or email advertise at checkmedia dot Ca. Wednesday and all today's guests, including John Shannon One hundred Percent Hockey Podcast standing by brought to you by the Vancouver Canadians season the Road in Spokane this week. They return to the NAT next Tuesday night. The next homestand includes a nooner Women in Sports Day featuring an appearance from Hazel may Ow, and a white Spot family Fun Sunday. Check out the full schedule and get your tickets at Canadians Baseball dot com or call six oh four eight seven two five two three two. Joined now by John Shannon from the One Hockey Podcast is the Stanley Cup playoffs continue, John, thanks for doing this, sir, are you? Oh?
Speaker 10: Boys, I'm I'm glad that Rick's gonna meet Hazel because that's another person you can come and go to breakfast.
Speaker 3: Hey, get ready this summer. Be ready, be ready, be ready.
Speaker 10: I'll be ready one of them. I'll see your then I'll see your tweets, and then.
Speaker 1: And then we'll to the end of John Shannon and Donnie and Delly. One of the nicest people I've ever worked with, John Shannon. But also Hazel May.
Speaker 8: Oh, Hazel May. She's a star.
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 8: And by the way, her husband is a really good broadcaster too.
Speaker 10: She's married to Kevin Barker, who is uh does a lot of stuff on on sports Net on the Radio's fantastic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I absolutely agree. Hey, John, I don't know how you do it, if you pay him or what the deal. We can't get him on the show. But you had Jim Rutherford on your one hundred percent Hockey podcast on Friday. What do you believe he's looking for in a replacement for Rick Tockett after that conversation, Well.
Speaker 8: I think he's looking for Rick Tockett. Well, but you're not going to get Rick Talckett, So I.
Speaker 10: Think he's looking for someone that does have experience but also has a direct approach with players. So it's it's you know, there is a line of guys that want this job, but I think it's just a little tour to figure out how experienced this next coach of the Canucks is going to be.
Speaker 8: But it's I think you have to be honest, Donnie.
Speaker 10: Big shoes to fill because Rick Talckett, through some tough times, did a pretty darn good job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jim Rutford seventy six. Now, John again, you had that conversation with them on Friday. All three of us listen to it. Do you get the sense he's going to be on the job? Buch longer? Is he enjoying himself?
Speaker 10: You know, these guys that are former players, they thrive on this. They have that competitive edge that the three of us don't have. That they always want to be in the fight. I think as long as Jim's health is there, I can't see him walking away. I also can't see him walking away with the franchise in the condition that it's in, and I think it's even more frustrating for him right now because I think they thought they were close last year. Yes, you know, let's remember at this point last year we were just starting the second round of the playoffs connect Soiler and the Canucks could have won that series, and so that would have changed a ton of dynamic. So to be that close to a conference final and then take the step back, I think there's something in Jim's DNA that says, I can't leave until we've righted the ship.
Speaker 3: Did you get any sense about Manny Mahultra, Like, you know, Adam Foot would be in the same boat as Manny Maultra. There would be both rookie coaches as head coaches in the National Hockey League. Did you You mentioned experience, but these guys have never been head coaches. What's your feeling on Mahultra on Foot?
Speaker 10: Well, I think I like Manny a lot, but he just needs more time behind the bench as a head coach. And let's face it, that's one of the great developmental sides of having Abbotsford so close is being able to keep an eye on him. And Jim talked about Daniel and Henrick being in abbots Ford so much, and I do think Manny Malokra has a tremendous future in the organization. I just the way Jim talked about it on Friday was that it wasn't going to be as the head coach this time. It's somebody that's going to help this organization for years and years to come. As far as Adam Foot, we to be honest, we didn't bring Adam's name up in the conversation because I don't think it was fair to anybody to start singling out people that aren't in the organization right now. But I'll tell you what. We all know what the job that Adam Foot did. We all know that the defenseman loved playing for Adam Foot, and I would think and hope that if he's not the head coach, they would find a way to convince Adam to stay on the staff.
Speaker 3: Three Canadian teams left in round two. Hey, the TV guys got to be loving it over at Sportsnet.
Speaker 1: John.
Speaker 3: You know that Winnipeg, Edmonton, Toronto. What's your guts say about all three of these in round two?
Speaker 1: These teams?
Speaker 10: Could you imagine if all three got through?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 10: Ceriously, could you imagine if all three teams got through and I led up with that Winnipeg Edmonton Western Conference Final and guaranteeing a Canadian team in the Stanley Cup Final and the Maple Leafs. You know, I said about ten days ago after Game four of the Ottawa series, I truly believe that the Maple Leafs might have been the best team in the Eastern Conference at that point. I haven't seen anything other than potentially what's wrong with Anthony Stolars to deter me of that. But Joseph Wall has played some good goal for the Maple Leafs. He's not Stolars. So you have to wonder if we see Toronto, Washington, or Toronto, Carolina and then Winnipeg Edmonton in the West, it would be wild.
Speaker 8: It would be great for us.
Speaker 10: I'm not sure that people in Little Rock, Arkansas would have very much interest in it, though, John, why is.
Speaker 1: Sam Bennett still in the National Hockey League? I don't understand.
Speaker 8: Sam Bennett.
Speaker 1: Yeah, shouldn't he be suspended for the rest of his career?
Speaker 10: No, come on, John, Johnny for a nation's base off. We loved him, of course, we thought he was great.
Speaker 8: Yeah, when he was on our side, keep him going.
Speaker 1: But I'm just talking about the overreaction in in Toronto, because nobody nobody brings up the Reinhardt shot earlier in the in the game, he knocked his mask off. He was shaking his head after that. But I know it's it's kind of fun to watch.
Speaker 10: It's simplist, don you know this. It's it's not the stories that make people interested, it's the headlines. And so the headline is Sam Bennett's agon. The story isn't that Sam Bennett is one of the most complete players in the game. He's the leading forward scoring for the for the Panthers. Paul Maurice loves him. And if Sam Bennett was a free agent, one of the top teams to take a bid for him would be the Toronto Maple Leafs. So there's there's a it's the classic case. And we've seen this through all of our eyes. The player you hate only because he's playing for the other team, but you'd sure like him on yours, wouldn't you.
Speaker 1: Ever when he couldn't do a pull up at the draft.
Speaker 10: He didn't want Yeah, okay, And by the way I mean here, this is a classic case. Sam Bennett as a junior was a playmaking center for the Kingston front Nact and it was a tremendous offensive player, and everybody thought that he.
Speaker 8: Was going to be a great scoring player.
Speaker 10: He has morphed into this, you know, and people are going to laugh, but he's morphed into this complete player as an NHLer and becomes so invaluable and and it's it's funny. He's now coming back to haunt Brad to Living who traded him because he felt he wasn't getting enough offensive out of him, and he's gone to Florida and become a difference maker. And truly, Sam Bennett is a difference maker.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I have nothing but respect for players like that who change their game as their career goes on and look and win a Stanley Cup and last a long time. Thanks for this, John, have a great day.
Speaker 3: Boys.
Speaker 1: You met John Shaddon one Percent Hockey that podcast. You can check out his interview with the Jim Mutherford there.
Speaker 3: Interesting. John didn't think the many is going to be the guy after talking to Jim. Very interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Again, I think and understanding that he doesn't have any NHL head coach this year. He's been an assistant coach for a significant amount of time and he's got the one year in habits. But I'll say what I said in the first hour. I just wonder if you let that guy guy go just you know, you've talked to him, and he's just so intelligent, he's so smart, know so much about hockey, so much respect out there. Look at the job that is being done this year in habits Firs. It's the best connect story this year. We put it right up at the top. And I just wonder if if three years down the road, he's going to be an extremely hot commodity. All right, a break, and then we'll deal with the pull question and talk about the Utah Hockey Club. Who are the Utah Hockey Club? No more? That's next. Donnie Dolly the team I check.
Speaker 6: Donnie and Dolly the team is supported by able Auctions dot CA. Closing your Business we can help.
Speaker 1: Able Auctions specializes in helping British Columbia based business owners close their business and sell their assets in a timely.
Speaker 3: Orderly manner online events for everything from machine shop and manufacturing auctions to industrial equipment, retail inventories or any other type of business assets.
Speaker 1: Able Auctions can help. For a free confidential consultation on getting your business assets sold. Please email sales at able Auctions dot Ca. That's sales at a b l E Auctions dot Ca. Wattling Dog poll question. Visit one of A Troy's favorite pubs where you can enjoy twenty taps, twenty screens. You're home for the Canucks in the UFC. Come sit and stay at the Dog today, Roy, get her.
Speaker 3: Up the wattling Dog pop pole question. Now, what will your reaction be if Adam Foot is named the Canucks new head coach? Well thumbs up or thumbs down? Sixty two percent thumbs down, thirty eight percent say thumbs up. Fourteen hundred votes. Already, it's hoping, it's poppinged and not too many people want to see Adam Foot the new coach of the Canucks.
Speaker 1: Donny, Yeah, I would have thought it might go the other way, just because of the connection to Quinn Hughes Well, connection to all the Knuck players. But Adam Foot handling the Kannucks defenseman in the last few years, last two and a half seasons on Erricktocket, so I thought maybe that would be a well deciding factor. We've had a lot of submissions regarding the Canucks coaching staff. In Art Delaney's Okay Tying Langley and all the growth in box as you'd expect Sheldon from Surrey, this isn't early, is it just me? But with adding Kevin Bixit to the next coaching staff be a smart move to help rebuild the culture. Plus remember this, Rick, we know this. His son is playing for the Coquitlam Express next season.
Speaker 3: And Kevin bix has been running an academy in Anaheim last few years and so he's got that coaching with the academy. But I was told that right now Kevin bi X is not was it chomping? Is chomping either way? Champing or say it chomping at the bit to get at it. But I do think that in the not too distant future you might see mister b X in the coaching ring.
Speaker 1: Although you get the sense and he's very good at it. He's enjoying what he's doing. Can again good he's good at what he does. At Adam foot Rick four to five NHL job opportunities, they're a.
Speaker 3: Good interest, good interest in Adam Foote. I just hope the Canucks, don't, you know, give him the job just to appease Rick, Quinn Hughes and Quinn Hughes Walks in two years.
Speaker 1: That would be a horrible situation. Rick Tockett. I mean, while just recapping what we talked about in the first segment, Rick Tockett, He's going to be on t n T tn T part of their NHL playoff coverage in the Atlanta studios. That's this Friday and Saturday, joining Paul Bissonett and Nasen Carter and Liam McHugh. Oftentimes you'll see Henrik Lundquist. They do a good job. Henrick Lunkquist there and Rick Bonus, who I believe is going to be on the show this week, our show, if I'm not mistaken, But Rick Cockett on tn T, and you wonder if that relationship will continue and maybe he's not a head coach next year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do want to say that his goal, number one goal is still to be a head coach next year in the NHL television. Great relationship with tn T. This is just I believe in my heart one off and he might do it in round two to two.
Speaker 1: Yeah uh. And you know, speaking of television and the media, I will miss listening to Rick talk at Talk Hockey I postgame pregame. He had had time for the media and I know that's not the be all and and all. I get all that, but I felt like I learned stuff off Rickock, and I've got a lot to learn when it comes to a lot of things, especially hockey Utah. The name's official. We got the video here, Derek Ryan, There you go. As expected, it's the Utah Mammoth and the same colors as in their inaugural season. Those colors are salt white, mountain blue, and rock black. I gotta say, I thought the logos this logo was leaked a few weeks ago, and I thought it looked a little too ai ish. I gotta say it's growing on me. I love it. I love it.
Speaker 3: It's just a beautiful logo. It hits you and you look at it and you go, hey, that's nice color scheme. You got the mountains, you got the horn. Everything it's good.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know if you can take a look at the still photo of the there you go, there's the jerseys still photo of the logo, but you get the idea here looking at the jerseys again, not much change from what we saw in year one when they were the generic Utah Hockey Club. But you nailed it with the Mountains as part of the Mammoth scalp. It really works.
Speaker 3: It works, it works. But why are they doing home and away?
Speaker 1: Most teams have home and away uniforms.
Speaker 3: No, but why isn't the logo on both? Is what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: They wouldn't be the only team to do that. Carolina does something similar, and they had Utah that diagonical spelling or that diagonal approach on their uniforms. Initially, I like it. It's just something different. You've and you've got the mammoth on the shoulders on the road, the white uniforms on the road uniforms, and another secondary logo on the shoulder of the black home jerseys. I don't know. I like that. It's baseball ish, you know baseball you'll often see uh, not as much as you did in the past, but you'll often see the name of the road city on the jersey of the road team. I like it. It's just it's something different. And I know that Ryan Smith, owner of the Utah Mammoth, very big on that sky blue. He loves that color.
Speaker 3: It's a beautiful and and Donnie, don't forget two jerseys sell more and the owner makes more money.
Speaker 1: That's smart. You seem surprised that there's two jerseys.
Speaker 3: Well, that logo is so beautiful, it should be on both. And so it's on the shoulders, that main right in the heart, right there in the crest. Come on, Donny, I don't know, I don't mind it. I like it different, different. It's a beautiful logo, having my bolt.
Speaker 1: That's all they do. Though it's on the shoulders, the main right in the guts of the jersey. I'm surprised, said, what's the biggest, arguably the biggest, most successful sports franchise in North America? We Yankees, the New York Yankees, Dodgers, Cowboys. Okay, let's let's focus on the Yankees. That was the first team to Their uniforms at home are very different from the ones in the road. And what do they have in the front of their jerseys On the road, They've got you know, the name New York in the front of their road. Then they have the classic and why at home? So put that in your pipe. It works for the Yankees. Who's gonna argue with them? All right?
Speaker 3: I just left the logo, don It should be on both.
Speaker 1: But that's me. You're the expert.
Speaker 3: On the uniforms.
Speaker 1: I like it. I'm with Prine. It's something different. Maybe maybe the canes are similar. I guess although they don't have the name of the state have.
Speaker 5: The three most recent expansion relocation franchises Vegas, Seattle, Utah. Nicest jerseys belong.
Speaker 1: To these guys.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think it is. I think set nice. I don't like Vegas. Vegas is way too much going on. It's way too much going on. And the gloves and everything.
Speaker 1: It just doesn't white gloves. I thought they'd get rid of those after the season. It's just good because I guess it's it's better than back in the day when the Washington Capitals had white pants and the equipment managers were okay, forget it. I guess they don't get as dirty as they used to for for for whatever reason, the Krakens logo is outstanding. It is hard to beat that. I don't love their white uniforms.
Speaker 3: No, I know, they're very They're blue is good.
Speaker 1: The blue is good.
Speaker 5: What was the reverse retro?
Speaker 1: That one was nice the crowd. Oh yeah, when they had the multi stripes. Yeah, yeah, you're talking about you see it in their crowd.
Speaker 3: This one right hold on hold on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh yeah, that's that was nice.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 5: That's arguably their best look. And there's the reverse retro. Yeah, but no, I think I'm I you know, you know, I I think Utah should have stayed hockey club. I was okay with Utah Hockey Club. Something different, but that is a it looks it's a clos good one too.
Speaker 1: And then you can have fun with a third jersey that.
Speaker 5: Whenever, whenever dolleyball can figure out the fact that there's two jerseys in the I never again on the road, that logo should be on both.
Speaker 1: That's what I was saying.
Speaker 5: By the way, there's talk in the next CBA about the flip back eh white at home oh dark on road.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hear that.
Speaker 3: I would rather. I love what junior hockey does, like the Giant went through the season, midway.
Speaker 5: Through the season, flip it.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 5: That's a brilliant idea. You talk about selling your merchandise. Give people get to see both things at home way better.
Speaker 1: But the thinking is that first of all, when they the Canucks first entered the National hockey that's when they changed teams. Before that, before nineteen seventy wore the dark uniforms on home ice. Canucks come in, they changed the white uniforms. Then you had a variety of colors coming into your building. I like that. Yeah, But the thinking now is they changed back what you know, five x the change back because home teams sell the dark uniforms more so let's show show those off. So I guess that makes sense. So why would they be thinking about changing back.
Speaker 5: I wonder if it's just this isle's go different, Old is new again, you know, But like I say, why to me? Do the hybrid and I also release the restrictions. If teams want five uniforms to wear the year, do it go nuts. Whatever you want to do. Some some do like look at the NBA. I mean you can see a different.
Speaker 1: Look every night. I don't mind. I'm sure it has a lot to do with the lot to do with money, capitals in the change, revenue a change, and I think what they should do is change back to their original jerseys. You see those in the crowd, the Dars sharp, the red oh that yeah, the red on the road, yeah yeah yeah, the stars down there, oh that's good. Down the sleeves you said it. The Hurricanes bad look they've never gone to You think about that franchise. They've gone from arguably one of the best uniforms going.
Speaker 5: To Yeah, and I would say bottom five, bottom five yeah yeah, just too much red and.
Speaker 1: Black in the league. Yeah, there's less now. The Buffalo changed, Yeah, change back to blue and yellow business. Oh yeah, that's right. Look at this pastime. Quit focusing on the inbox there. I'm getting ripped for. I love Lucy.
Speaker 3: I don't like that anyways. Check out the largest selection of sports memorabilia, autographed items, trading cards and collectible games in Western Canada past Sports Sunday eighteenth though, this is big pastime in Langley. A couple of legends intown, Mike Madanna and theo Flury in store signing.
Speaker 1: And you're working on getting Flurry on the show.
Speaker 3: I got THEO Flury, big fan, big fan back in the eighties, the Gold in Edmonton.
Speaker 1: He slid all the way down the ice. Who could forget it?
Speaker 3: Details on this event, upcoming signings and card drops available at pastime sports dot ca or and on their social channels or guy putting in a We're there now anyways. Cards over the day card on the left.
Speaker 5: Luke Ropati he's got to find a new general manager, potentially a new coach, Mark Berger, potentially he's the president in La everybuddy, yeah, well Berger has also been there for four years five as a senior advisor to the traveling secretary or whatever the hell it is.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: And then on the right Matt Murray. Matt Murray will back up tonight in Toronto. That was confirmed about an hour ago because stolar course out of there's those storage of people of social media going, who yeah, I know he's the e bug the other night and I'm forgetting his name starts with an H.
Speaker 3: He looked petrified, and he was sitting on the.
Speaker 5: Bench chrys oh my, like he was hold on and how would you be, Oh, I'd be freaking out nerves, I'd be freaking out.
Speaker 1: I don't care how great you are as a Burely goaltender. College and and and and wall.
Speaker 5: Got crashed into in that third period and he got back. I was like, that kid has gotta be freaking out right now, sitting there.
Speaker 1: One way or the other. Your story, Yeah, right, if you go in there and win, not everybody's David Airs.
Speaker 5: David Airs, Yeah exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But the hurricanes Trump to beat Carolina that night. He played for Carolina. Yeah, yeah, that's right, they beat the least that night, you dog Gutton rep. And you know what. Carolina was wearing their white uniforms on the road in that game. DTMC Next Donnie Dolly the team on check. Love the crack of a baseball bat or the smell of hot dogs? The Vancouver Canadians have you covered.
Speaker 3: Come enjoy a Vancouver summer tradition with three foot hot dogs, sushi races, fireworks and Blue Jay prospects, all at the iconic Rogers Field and not Bailey Stadium.
Speaker 1: Visit Canadians Baseball dot com to get your tickets in details on all the summer fun the Seas have to offer. That's Canadians Baseball dot Com. Come for the fun and stay for the baseball.
Speaker 3: Yeah it's eleven thirty four on a Wednesday morning, Donnie and Dolly on Jeck TV. Now time for DTMs brought to you by the world famous Whistle Golf Club. Go see big l out there, Great track, Great track.
Speaker 1: DTMZ brought to you by the Arnold Palmer design Whistle Golf Club. Excited to get going for twenty twenty five Friday, Oh May ninth, bring it on tea times can be booked online now at whistlegolf dot com. And if you've got a group of twelve or more, tell us about your group at wistergolf dot com Forward slash groups. We don't have time for the Kanye West story with Piers Morgan. We'll try to get that in later in the week. Oh, p and E news too, Absolutely later on you can look forward to that, folks. North American box office quickly. Thunderbolts got the summer movie season off to a solid start. Seventy six million dollar debut, actually on the softer side for Marvel Film films, but good enough for first place on our continent one hundred and sixty two schmill worldwide. It stars Florence You and Sebastian Stan eighty eight percent critics rating on Rotten Tomatoes, the audience says ninety four percent second place. Sinners. Boy, that movie is doing well with Michael B. Jordan, New's in the news for other reasons this week A Minecraft movie number three thirteen and a half million in its fifth weekend. Speaking of films that are doing well, right six birthdays May seventh, the line is set at check this out three very low line set by Honker and Company. And we understand. I thought it was Harry Honker. It's not. This is his cousin, Horatio Horatio Honker.
Speaker 3: Oh cousin Pinocchio, nose Pinocchio.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, come on Honker and Company, Nasal Spray Warehouse and Casino and Wainwright Alberta six birthdays, Rock and roll. This is for you. Rick Undrafted, a Swedish forward, played three NHL seasons all for the Canucks in the early eighties. Played all seventeen games with the conduction their run to the Cup final, collecting two goals.
Speaker 3: This is in eighty two Lars Mullen, Yes, very good. Wow, Oh are you serious?
Speaker 1: Lars Muleene? Who could forget him? Suspicious six to four finished right winger now in the Panthers organization. Drafted fourth overall by the Oilers in twenty sixteen. Rvy pull, Rvy, this is doesn't know Lars overall hab six 'y three That was the Levy draft hab six three two d and twenty six pounds. Right wingers played eleven NHL seasons after being drafted in the fourth round by Columbus in twenty twelve, traded to Montreal. Patrick No, no, do what to give me? This to Ja traded Anderson.
Speaker 5: I got it.
Speaker 1: No Wilson's favorite, although they were hugging at the end of the year. They were Yeah, I mean respect. Former NHL winger born at Edmonton, raised in Calgary, played junior for the Winterhawks. Scored twenty two goals for the Islanders in Masstatrick Nope in ninety nine two thousand. Even that's suspen, even though it's wrong. I played ten NHL seasons, finishing his NHL career playing fifty five games for the Canucks in seven eight. If I give you Brad, okay, it's officially are you know Portland?
Speaker 3: I knew it right away Portland, because I said, Scott, this is.
Speaker 1: One of the reasons that Horatio honkers.
Speaker 3: At the Everybody knows that Brad is mister Portland. I know all the winter Hawks. Come on, let's go.
Speaker 1: Late American actor star of the NBC series The Night Stalker played mister Parker, the dad in a Christmas Story. D m Big actor back in the day. A Christmas Story is outstandy. Derek's popping his head up. I think he knows it apparently not. Darren McGavin, right, nothing crickets, great actor, late Pro football Hall of Famer out of Louisville, three times NFL MVP. He's just a great name. Just reeks football colts have retired is number nineteen ended his eighteen year Johnny Anitis. Yeah, who doesn't know that, dude.
Speaker 3: As soon as you said Colts, I thought, on all the great all time Colts.
Speaker 1: You said you were looking at the Delaney's inbox moments ago. I think you were looking at today's.
Speaker 3: Okay, you said Colts, all time great? Who's the all time great? We know Johnny Unitas? Come on, no, I don't know Peyton Manning John you said eighteen years?
Speaker 1: Are you kidding? Beating? Come on, I don't know. Thanks for participating, right, that was the name that just reached Johnny United John Great quarterback number nineteen.
Speaker 3: Brad Iss, that's no chance in Vancouver, connection Alberta, who doesn't know When I interviewed him in the Whister of Cap Sure, yeah, for.
Speaker 1: In Saint John too. I was going to give you the initials, and I thought they gave you the initials. Quite unusual, b I yeah, yet true, But I didn't even get to that and you blurted it out. Meanwhile, is it just me? Coming up? Frankie Valley turned ninety one on Sunday and he's gonna help play us out August sixty two in the album Sherry and eleven Others. This is Frankie Valley in the fourth seasons on top of the Charts with Sherry, I said, charts. No, boy, did you closely say that? It's Sherry on check where the bright moon shines on a BC Wednesday morning?
Speaker 5: Is it just me?
Speaker 1: Is next? All right?
Speaker 2: Is it just me?
Speaker 5: Started off?
Speaker 1: Rick? All right?
Speaker 5: Is it just me?
Speaker 3: Or? Does the Utah Mammoth logo look like the love child of the Wild and the Predators logos?
Speaker 1: I thought about that, especially the Nashville one.
Speaker 3: That's Jefferan Kabloops spending my fiftieth birthday working at the Kamloops PAULP. Mail and listening to D and D. Happy fiftieth birthday, Jeffrey Kabloops at the PAULP.
Speaker 1: Mil working and we thank them for that. Yeah, it's a little predator ISHU.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it just got Nashville in it.
Speaker 1: Mammoth the logo a little bit. I guess I could see that and the wild logo, same same sort of thing.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: The wild logo is it's supposed to be. It isn't specifically a bear, but it looks like a bear. Go back to that's a polarizing look, the wild look. People either love my kids love their look. I'm so so on it is it just me us nick, this is good. But the King showed the Caducks why you don't trade defensive prospects for forwards when they moved Faber and a first for Fiala.
Speaker 3: And favors An. Absolutely stud Yeah. Did you see the minutes he played in the playoffs?
Speaker 1: I think and they got a first rounder as well. Absolutely yeah. But hey, you live and die with the all the d chance. Yeah. At the time though people thought it was I seem to remember most people thinking it was a pretty good, pretty good deal for the Kings getting. I don't like Fila what he got top goal scorer.
Speaker 3: How about Alex Burrows is head coach b X as president or GM in the near future, Brad from Black Creek Brad. They tried that with Trevor Lindon. The owner tried that with Trevor Linden. Not as a coach, though, no, I know, but as president and GM they tried it. And how did it end with Trevor Lindon done? Not really well for the owner, not really well? He left, he left, but gee, I wonder why he left on? I wonder why he left.
Speaker 1: It is intriguing. That's that's a good submission. It is HC and Ladner? Is it just me? Hey? Don Can the whole sale changing of the seats at Rogers be considered a rebuilt according to the Aquallini family again and not a bad not a bad submission. Maybe that's their idea of a rebuilt. That's good, that's a good one. I like that.
Speaker 3: Uh does number forty three still go to the raptors? If Quinn Hughes leaves in two years shade a good question. If Quinn Hughes leaves in two years done, does your view of him?
Speaker 1: Change? And you know, do you retire his jersey? Still? That's a good not a whole lot of teams? Well the one year and you know what, you forget that he's been around longer than I think most people think. He was with them in the twenty twenty bubble as well, yes, when they had some playoff success. His numbers are just tremendous. That's that's food for thought. I would think ring of honor at the very least for him, oh for sure. And maybe it would depend on how he how he leaves min you Pavel Burry that didn't exactly leave on great terms. And his number ten is up there. Yep, that's a good point. Is it just me Jay and New West or should it only be a requirement for an NHL team to wear their white jerseys when the two teams use the same colors for their dirt jerseys. It wasn't an issue at the Four Nations face off for Canada to wear red while the US was wearing blue, and we see it in the NBA all the time. I added that last part. But good submssion by Jay in New West and Rob McLain often talks about how he wouldn't mind something like that. At least he used to talk about this, just the contrast to the white ice the two teams wearing darker uniforms, as long as they're different colors, he'd beat just fine with that.
Speaker 3: Yep, absolutely good submission there as well. This one is to Ryan, would you please ask the two idiots if they would pay four or five hundred dollars for a hotel room that has a thirty five year old mattress.
Speaker 1: You get what you pay for.
Speaker 3: Rogers Arena seats are disgusting. How couldn't they be with five billion people parking their asses on them for thirty five years? Give your head to shake. Port Moody Princess ripping in West.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's amazing. We asked for sound effects. You never have them ready, that is, until something supports you, supports you. Here's the difference, and Port Moody Princess oftentimes has real positive does today. I'm a little surprised all the studios my neck of the woods. I have to think before I say this. The mattress isn't the star of the show, you know, hotel room.
Speaker 3: Came it might be a star.
Speaker 1: You got you got me there, But the stir of the show when you go see a sporting event is the event.
Speaker 5: Yeah no, But the bottom line is if you paid four hundred bucks for a night in a hotel and your mattress is crap, you would be very disappointed. That's a key element to it. Much like going to Rogers Arena. A key element is you sitting on that seat and if it's.
Speaker 3: Falling apart or it's got no back or no this, No that you can go to events and hotel rooms.
Speaker 1: And not bitch what you can? What event? What event you're going to? Room?
Speaker 3: Donny and I Empire wouldn't seatch. We never complained, Yeah I can't, Rick, you're not understanding you can.
Speaker 1: I want to know what event you had hotel. You say this all the time.
Speaker 5: You had ten bucks in your pocket and you bought at seven dollars tickets. Okay, yes, and you had changed never complained about the sea. But it's different now nowadays, all you young kids wall it's not a bitch and complaining about stuff like seats. Who cares sit and watch it's or do whatever you do in hotel hotel rooms.
Speaker 3: My biggest issue in hotel rooms is the pillows.
Speaker 1: They're too sopped on.
Speaker 5: They gotta get you have a big thing about that. Yeah, the pillows, you sink right down. The pillows got to be harder. Like no, this is again a Seinfeld reference, the overtack ted attack. What's going on there?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Stop it right now? Yeah, nowadays, Baker, we stayed during a hockey tournament. Maybe the worst it was on the Sunshine Coast, maybe the worst hotel ever. There were stains everywhere, the mattress to the floor, the coffee table. It was amazing. That's not good hair, That's not good at all. It So maybe she's got a point. What else you got, Rick?
Speaker 3: Stop with I Love Lucy. It's a terrible show. But Gilligan's Island. Now you're talking money, you know what. I'm sorry down but very surprised at your take on I Love Lucy. I'm a huge and Lucio ballfan.
Speaker 5: And for you, I have to be I never said that, So I'm shot a sec Ricky Ricardo, hold on a sephel You said that.
Speaker 1: You said that you loved I Love Lucy because you don't like Seinfeld. You think I Love Lucy is better than Seinfeld. Absolutely, you have to leave this show.
Speaker 3: No, you got to be back in the eighties and the seventies to know I Love Lucy and how good it was. I was in the fifties and sixties, fifty sixties, but I watched it in the seventies, eighties, great show.
Speaker 1: I was in Penticton. This is unsigned. It's unreal, is it just me? But I was in Penticton for the Connocks four day main camp when EPD was paired with Ronick. Between every single drill, Adam Foot was talking to EPD, instructing him, encouraging, encouraging him. Adam Foot is a great development coach and he will be sorely missed. Epd style of play mimicks Foot's strongest attributes.
Speaker 3: Well, there's somebody who likes Adam Foot. And look at Tyler Myers raven about Adam Foot. All the d loved him, all the defensemen loved him. There's no question.
Speaker 1: A look that I think Elias pettersons and another great Oh he's speaking of Abbotsford. He's product of the Abbotsford candyce. Tremendous, absolutely tremendously. Okay, I'll break and we'll be back to wrap up the show. In the poll question next, donning don't have the team one check. The Wabbling Dog Pub has been owned and operated locally since nineteen ninety one and has since built its reputation as one of Victoria's favorite watering holes. With twenty TVs, twenty local and domestic taps, and over two hundred seats, the Wabbling Dog has something for everyone, including every Canucks game, UFC pay per views, and an unbeatable daily happy hour from four to six. The Dog is your one stop shop with that's attached cold beer and wine store, offering up hundreds of local and important products, as well as an extensive inventory of Donnie and Dolly merchandise. Their award winning hotel offers dog friendly hotel rooms that are appointed with antique style furnishings and modern amenities, and only ten minutes from the airport and ferry terminal, there are countless reasons to come sit and stay at the Waddling Dog.
Speaker 4: Oh this was gold, gold, capital letters gold, and you guys just shoot it down like just you know, even the opening's bad.
Speaker 3: Fred and Ethel. This is Fred and Ethel right there. They live downstairs. Fred and Ethel. They'd come up once in a while. All right, Fred Dog pull Rick Ryan, get her up, get her up. You made my day. I just absolutely made my day Our Waddling Dog. Pop poll question, what's sad that's made my day? That music made my day? What will your reaction be if Adam Foot is named the connection with head coach sixty two thumbs down thirty eight percent, the thumbs.
Speaker 1: Up sixteen hundred votes already. It's hopping. It's popping, it's not stopping. Yeah, Adam foot man named Ultra. I could see both of them being NHL head coaches one someday someday, maybe not, you know, come September October, but someday. All right, got a photo? Are Ryan? Where we're going? Uh?
Speaker 5: You got the details here?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: It's uh, me and Nico. We don't have a name because I didn't get the name. But it's me and Nico overseas on Vancouver Island at Bouchard Gardens gardens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, buchhard Guard. You've been there? Are you kidding me?
Speaker 5: Who hasn't been to Bouchyard Gardens? I don't think you have. I have been there, can't prout today?
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me? Has he been there? Flowers galore? Here? It is Lucy was there. We watched the show every day.
Speaker 3: But Ryan, I didn't get the name.
Speaker 1: That's on You said the name? No, I don't know.
Speaker 5: He's always the.
Speaker 3: Dogs, the dog, It says, me and Nico overseas on Aco Island, A bark is it?
Speaker 1: A lot of people say Butcher, which one is not one person I've ever met. It's that's why I remember going there as a kid. Absolutely, who has the seal ball? Was there?
Speaker 3: Who hasn't been there, Who hasn't been there? Flowers everywhere done.
Speaker 1: It's beautiful. Okay of those in the garden. What else?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: Doesn't Ryan think the American milk and cheese are superfoods? That's why he shops across the border. RP and white rock within.
Speaker 1: His tillak is not a super food. It's not a superman. Cheese is not a superfood. There's no way. Uh is it just me? But nothing, according to Dwight, compares to the old Minnesota north staris maybe the California Golden Seals green or the King's Purple. But he's a big fan of as a lot of people are of the Minnesota north Stars. And every once in a while you see you see the Minnesota Wild brought out that bright green with the yellow, the north Stars green and yellow.
Speaker 3: It's pretty effective, Donnie. When they came to the Pacific Coliseum, the north Stars, it would be and get excited. Well, the Canucks were in their yellows in the wild. There were no north Stars were in their green.
Speaker 5: It was beautiful, by the way, It's Grant and Nico Eh Grant Grant and Nico Yea at Bouchard Gardens.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, thanks Grant Butcher, Yeah, Butchard Gardens. Talkeet is open to coaching anywhere. But here yet another ringing endorsement of this fine Canucks franchise, T Bone in Kamloops.
Speaker 1: Rick Talckett working for T and T this weekend?
Speaker 3: Is it just me?
Speaker 1: Onside? How about Jay Woodcroft for Canucks head coach? We haven't talked much about the Oiler's former head coach. J Woodcroft's name has been thrown around a bit on social media. Yeah, regarding the Canucks.
Speaker 3: Check in all these openings, his name's popped up.
Speaker 1: You could hear for sure. Yeah, the Canucks are not the only team with an opening that said, folks, thanks so much for tuning in on behalf of Ryan Derek Rick. Everybody here at Oh Boy and Check. I'm donna. You're up to date in the world of sports.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to the Donnie and Dolly Podcast. Be sure to follow us on Twitter at Donnie and Dollie for all the latest show content.