Speaker 1: Ripped up news needs when you don't have corning. Just as fast as we can, Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 2: Come Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 3: No Tom Martine, Hey, hey, hey Tom Martino here solving problems, answering questions, taking flanks, making your life a little easier. If you're streaming, you'll see on the wide shot here I Nick Fox with me from renew Home Innovations. We're gonna be talking to Nick in a minute. We're also gonna talk anything to do with your house and home coming up for springtime. Nick's quite a handy man. Any any questions on the house, you have anything, and we can get our experts or answer them. But there are a lot of people right now venturing outside. They actually sit out there in the evening. Some people are doing cook house already. Now winter's not over. We know how it works when summer, winter, spring, winter, spring, spring, fall, winter, winter, spring, summer, and then we get to summer. So we will get there. But there might be projects you want to do around your house, and so many people turn to this time of year to do that. Three O three seven one three eight two five five. Although I'd venture to say there are when do you get the best deals that it's certain things. I'd venture to say that even though people say always buy against the demand, that you wouldn't have great deals in the winter for air conditioning. Now, I know you would think, well, that's a great time, they're not working, but it's also an off time for the manufacturers and distributors. And I'll bet you nick that if you went to buy an air conditioner, try to make a screaming deal in the middle of winter, it wouldn't be best. It wouldn't be a good time to buy. Do you think it would be ye? Well, well, certainly if if I went to a guy. Though now listen now to look carefully, they're really busy with furnaces. It's the middle of winter, and I want to buy an AC. I'm thinking, I don't know. I'm thinking it's a diversion, and it may not be. I think just when it is cool, or just when it's starting to get warmer, or just right now. Maybe for AC right now. But do you think in the middle of winter it would be a good time.
Speaker 4: The only reason I would say it would be a good time is because people it's not in their it's not in their their frame of mind, they're not thinking about it, and so companies are probably going to try to move their productor or at least use it as an incentive to sell the product that they want to sell them like the first.
Speaker 3: Do you think, but don't you think? Sometimes like there are more incentives when the seasons are with us, right, more AC incentives during hot weather, more furnace in some Now I'm not necessarying you wait to the peak of heat and buy air conditioning, don't do it, or the peak of the cold to buy a furnace. You buy an off seasons, but not necessarily in the middle of one hot season. What I mean is this, if you have a deep freeze and furnace, people are going out the out their noseworking. It's a distraction to do AC. They wouldn't even do it, and the priceis would be outrageous. So I would say avoid the peaks of each season to buy anything, and then do the shoulder seasons where it's not too hot or not too cold for all of the rest. Now, when it comes from remodeling, I've always tried to track my people on the list, and you certainly have been with me a long time. Renew Home Innovations dot Com. When it comes to remodeling, what you do bathrooms? Is there a busy season or not? You know, we're kind of in our busy season right now. What makes it busy? I think people are wanting to refresh in their home.
Speaker 4: So after the first you get busy, right. It's really interesting. We have really two seasons. September through November time frame is for the holidays, Yeah, for the holidays. Okay, So you have the pre holiday season and the pre summer, yes, exactly.
Speaker 3: And then the is it dead during the summer it gets slower? Is that when they can get a good deal from you, a great deal.
Speaker 4: We do have some pretty good incentives to buy during that time frame because you know, obviously when you have more demand, you know, you don't have to affect Yeah, and you have.
Speaker 3: To keep your promise. You do things for two three days, not two or three months. Absolutely, and that's one thing people like. Okay, So I want to ask you this because this is the this is the poor topic when it comes to all of your businesses, whether it's heating and err or everything. Financing people a lot of them need financing.
Speaker 4: Nick I would say seventy five percent of the agreements that we have with consumers are finest.
Speaker 3: Now do you find the financing? Yeah, we provide the financing form. You do tell me the numbers. Can you tell me some numbers or not? In reference to financing? What are you doing for people? Now? Then they have to is it a second is it a line of credit? What is it?
Speaker 4: It's it's stage funny, So it's it's it's very much like going to Best Buy in Okay.
Speaker 3: So there's no security, there's no there's no real real problems. It's name okay, And so what what do you get any period of time with no interests like you used to do?
Speaker 4: That is I mean, I would say probably eighty five percent of our customers take advantage of the twelve months no no payments, no interest.
Speaker 3: And you had even you had an insane deal at one time, right for no interest.
Speaker 4: And we still we still offer some pretty incredible financing programs. It does seem like most people just want time to get it through the completion of the project.
Speaker 3: So the twelve months no no seems to be the most attractive twelve months no interest Okay, yeah, all right, and that's renew Home innovations when he's not here. Three oh three nine zero four two thousand. Robert has a question on the I seventy toll road. Hey, Robert, welcome to the show. What's going on? Tom?
Speaker 5: I was driving Westune I seventy to a hospital on the western slope, and the tolling is closed on weekdays. It's only open on weekday weekends, will like Friday, Saturday, Sunday for the ski traffic.
Speaker 3: Yeah? Certain, Do you mean the do you mean the real fast lane? Right?
Speaker 5: Yeah, the tolling the express lane westbound about the twin tells, I'm just currious. Why don't they leave it open all the time? Why do they only have it open on Friday, Saturday.
Speaker 6: Sunday not all the time?
Speaker 3: If anybody? That is a damn good question. I don't know why. I don't know why we can find out. Is this like under the auspices of Is this under the auspices of four seventy four seventy?
Speaker 5: Yes, since I think it's the same company as Express Hole E four seventy and the other express hole lanes. And I'm just curious that they have to pay more insurance when it's opened, and then.
Speaker 7: If it doesn't get enough try.
Speaker 3: You know, it's not like they're using it for anything else, right, correct, I'm just Mark, Do you have any ideas? I was wondering? Is Mark signed on? I didn't hear. We don't know. I'm just okay, Well, I just wondered. We're gonna find out any ideas? Nick, I don't. I've often wondered the same thing. I know, this is crazy. You know what we're gonna call them.
Speaker 5: I was permitted to use it because I was driving an emergency vehicle using lights and sirens. I thought, well, why I can use it?
Speaker 7: Why can't other people?
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, Wait a minute, wait a minute. When it was closed? What do you mean it was closed? The gates were up.
Speaker 8: Drawn right, No, there are no gates on that.
Speaker 3: Then why didn't you just okay? Then why can't people use it? Who says this closed?
Speaker 5: Well, the big red.
Speaker 8: Action says this closed and stuffing like that.
Speaker 5: Okay, so there's no actual barrier. Now I have permission to use it when I'm taking something lights and sirens westbound, like to a hospital in the Grand Junction or wherever, and I did just a couple of days ago. But I'm just curious why they don't have it open all the time. It was nice because I got to go through expeditiously without having to compel people in the sunning Number one of the regular eye Sevin did have to move out of the way, so worked out very well.
Speaker 8: I'm just curious why it's not open all.
Speaker 3: The time, you know what, that's a good point. I I can't tell you the answer to that, but but I I do thank you. You know we're gonna find out for you for damn sure. I mean, I mean, that's a good question. Why is it like that?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 3: Have you tried calling him?
Speaker 6: Have you?
Speaker 3: You have never tried calling him and asking I.
Speaker 5: Did, and the girl was not able to answer. She's the girl with whom I spoke just kept repeating.
Speaker 9: The same thing.
Speaker 5: It's open on weekends and holidays, the close weekdays. And I know that I'm asking why and she couldn't answer.
Speaker 3: So well, Tony, Tony, you have a comment. What's your comment? Tony?
Speaker 10: I guess, but I think it might be related to the Floyd Hill construction project and the fact that the toll lane starts there and Monday to Thursday. They've got too much construction going on. Uh, and they want to keep it closed for construction access.
Speaker 3: That's just a guess, okay, just practical stuff, Hey, Kachina, See if we can get somebody from four to seventy to answer the question why is express toll lane closed at certain times? I mean, and is it consistently closed when you drive there?
Speaker 5: Robert, whenever I'm driving there is often closed, but the it's after the check and.
Speaker 3: When is it? What is that? Is it a certain day, a certain time, certain day or certain time?
Speaker 5: Anytime it's a weekday, it's closed. I've noticed that I can go there any time, day or night. It's closed on weekdays but open on the ski traffic on weekends. And I'm just curiously, okay if it's an insurance issue, because yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: Okay, I always thought it was closed to you could just drive it. But I know nothing about this. I don't drive them that much anymore. But we're gonna find out. We're calling them and we're going to ask them about it. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five Did I take Tony? Did? Is he the one that had the comment correct the common sense comment? If so, I'm going to take a break. Anyway we can catch up with the phones. I'm Tom Martino. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Don't let it go.
Speaker 3: They're really nice people. Hey, Tom Martino, you're a troubleshooter. So Nick over here also was telling me on E four seventy now and on those other things. Man, he's getting tired of that, but he's getting tickets for laying changes. Right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, even if you barely, you know, your tire barely goes over that white line, you can get a take.
Speaker 3: Why do they do that, Shannon? Is that to keep you from going in and out of the express lane and being charged? Is that why they're doing that? I think it is because they are I think maybe I was asking dragon. He was a hip on it. You never drive out there, do you? Shannon? On toll roads? I don't think. Actually, they don't let horse they don't let horsen. He's actually on another line, but I can tell you that I think it's a money grub. Hey, it kind of is, but I don't know it is it is, but maybe they say this will keep people from using from misusing the speed lane. Hey, Will, no way, Let's go to Ronnie or should I know? Let's say on comment of four seventy right now? I'm sorry, so are Will and Dean? Two new comments on four seventy?
Speaker 8: They are?
Speaker 3: Okay, Will? What do you have to say about four seventy and the tolls? Or I say, or wherever they have them? I can hear him in the background. Is he not up? Will? I guess we got to go on to someone else? I'm sorry? Will, Dean? Go ahead? Dean?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 2: We got well, we got Will?
Speaker 3: Okay, we got Will? Okay? Will we not hold on? Sorry about that? He okay? Okay? Who's on first? Dean is on three, so he also has a coffee. Dean on three? Hello Dean? What's your name? Who?
Speaker 9: Who?
Speaker 3: What's your name. What okay, go.
Speaker 8: Ahead, Yes, Tom, This is Dean.
Speaker 11: So I happen to live up in the mountains and it's on I seventy that I believe the initial topic was talking about not being allowed to.
Speaker 8: Drive in the express lane during the week Yeah, and I believe it.
Speaker 11: Why I believe it, actually, I believe it actually has to do it's the construction of the highway. The express lane is considered a shoulder and it's not designed for consistent use throughout the year. So they utilize it now and then on the weekend for the ski traffic, but during the regular week they want to keep the traffic off of it because it is actually considered a shoulder that they've turned into an express lane.
Speaker 3: That makes sense to me. So it's really, in other words, instead of looking at it that the toll lanes are shut down on the weekends, what they're saying is they're opening up the shoulders on weekend, excuse me, on weekends, and that those are those are not closed on weekdays. They're just normal. They're a normal shoulder.
Speaker 11: Correct, Correct, it's just a normal shoulder. In the event you have to pull off because you have a fat tire vehicle, now function. It's designed for that. It's not designed for consistent road use where people are driving on it got back and forth consistently.
Speaker 3: I love it. I've always said I have smart I have smart callers. I'll tell you that. Bob has a comment on lane change tickets.
Speaker 6: Bob, Hey, Tom, I'll tell you why. Yes, they're making money, but the whole purpose, and my wife works with them as their own profit, is because of the amount of accidents they happen when people jump in and out of that lane and normal people are staying in it doing the street limit. People are weaving it out of it. It's worse on seventy. But that's why they put that actor, because there's been too many accents and people just jumping over there when cars are doing the normal speed back and forth.
Speaker 12: That's what they initially put that in the board. Yes, they made money, but that's why they did it. We got that right from seat and newsletters.
Speaker 6: Really, so they just talk I'm going down there, I'm going down there the fast light or that whatever you call it, it's something lane and I can tell you at least twenty times if it's happened once, somebody will be in that fast lighting and they'll just jump over right in front of them, and people have been getting hit. We're in getting a hit because of people doing that, so they're trying to run slow down.
Speaker 12: The steed l another two ten people from doing that to one an accidents that if that happened.
Speaker 3: Okay, Bob, how you are Bob on my referral list from l em Landscaping. While I have you on the phone, are people starting to ramp up? And are you starting to get the calls now? Because I was talking about how people well you don't want everything at the same time, how does that work with you? Guys?
Speaker 6: Well, I hear it out here.
Speaker 12: Tom.
Speaker 6: I take of course, you know, because I.
Speaker 12: Off a lot of your callers.
Speaker 6: But right now I take every call I get. I respond to it, glad to it, I welcome.
Speaker 7: Most of the time.
Speaker 6: I book him when I go out there and we just say some mad I don't want your job this.
Speaker 13: And do that.
Speaker 6: And this year was hopefully you'll get me on at some point.
Speaker 12: This year we're offering something really special and so hopefully I'll get to tell you about it because people are gonna be able to save a lot of money this year with even more than they do it best normally.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, thank you very much. We always love you, Rob Bob, I love your comments. I got to go to Ronnie, Ronnie, what's going on with you? Ronnie?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 3: What's going on here?
Speaker 7: Blue?
Speaker 9: The company care floor.
Speaker 3: Tesla, like the car Tesla. You mean like the car Tesla?
Speaker 9: Yeah, the car Tesla. But they have solar panels as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, so what's going on with them?
Speaker 9: They came out replace the solar panel with their workers, damaged my roof and in turn damaged the inside of my roof because they didn't tell me. And when that heillstorm came last summer, it damaged it.
Speaker 3: And they Okay, I got a few questions for you. I know where Hey, hey Ronnie, I know where you're going with this. I got to ask a few questions. Why did Tesla? Why was Tesla called there.
Speaker 9: To replaced?
Speaker 3: Was this a normal was this a normal repairing maintenance? Was it under warranty or did you just pay to have them replaced?
Speaker 9: It was maintenance, but I still I had to pay like seven hundred dollars to have it replaced.
Speaker 3: But are you leasing the system from Tesla right now?
Speaker 6: There? Now?
Speaker 9: I'm I'm not leasing it.
Speaker 3: It's a loan, okay, So you're buying it. And as part of it though, it's under warranty. So Tesla took care of some of it under warranty, and some of it you had to pay. I got it. So Tesla replaced how many panels? What one panel? And you said they did something wrong? What did they do wrong?
Speaker 9: They damaged my roof? They put holes in.
Speaker 3: My room now okay, and they damaged it. And how much is it going to cost to fix?
Speaker 9: It's not the cost like around twelve and they're just trying to pay me three thousand. That's not going to be okay.
Speaker 3: Where did you get Where did you get twelve thousand damages estimate?
Speaker 9: From people coming out roof and companies coming out giving their estimate. I gave those estimates to Tesla and then the ladies playing games with me, tyling me I only see one single missing, No, lady, I'm showing you pictures and estimates and everything.
Speaker 7: I'm showing you a bit.
Speaker 3: Hold on, Oh listen, listen, hold on. I need to know how much are you suing for.
Speaker 9: What it takes to fix my roof? Twelve?
Speaker 3: Okay? That does not sound unreasonable to me. But here's what I'm wondering. Okay, here's what I'm just wondering out loud. Are they bettering you? How old is that roof? I need to know in general.
Speaker 9: When I got in there seven years ago, it was brand new because the sales Okay.
Speaker 3: Got it, so we don't have a problem an age. Was there any problem with that area before Tesla messed with it? No?
Speaker 9: Nothing.
Speaker 3: Okay, you are not sounding unreasonable to me at all, and they just flat shot you down.
Speaker 9: Yeah, because they sent me a proposal it looked like three thousand and something. I said, no, I'm not going to accept that because that's not gonna take care of what you guys, dammage.
Speaker 3: Okay, here's what I want to do. I want to get test. I want to get first of all, I want to get red Rocks, roof and solar on as an expert to ask them a couple questions. Then I want to talk about home insurance, so I want to get this is a big one. I want to get Compass on and then I also want to get get roof, ub and solar on. Red Rocks, roof and solar. All right, now, hang on we got more coming up three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five waterpros dot that you can't beat water pros. You just can't. Okay right now thirty thirty nine ninety five, that's under four grand. You get a whole house conditioning system. It softens your water, It conditions, it takes out all the chlorine that forever chemicals. Then that also includes a triple filter reverse osmosis at your kitchen sink. You will never have to worry about your health with water, water problems, laundry pipes, everything thirty nine to ninety five. Plumbers cannot touch it. Three zero three eight six two five five five four eight six two five five five four. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three, seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi, Top Marchino, you're troubleshooter Major Mark Major is with us, by the way, He's just on the other line on the phone, and we have this very weird situation. I want to ask Brooke about and then I want to ask our insurance people. Now, first I'm going to ask the insurance people. Brian Burns Compass Insurance Group. Remember home of the free insurance checkup always and it's always good to do that. Three h three nine nine x nine thousand, nine nine six nine thousand. Okay, So, Brian, if I had a solar system and one of the panels went bad and the solar company replaced it and in doing so damaged my roof, and they're fighting with me about it. But I have legit estimates that there was twelve thousand dollars in damage. If that's true, If everything I'm saying is true, would Homeowner's insurance cover Ronnie for that incompetent repair person.
Speaker 8: No, No, that would not be a covered peril because that would be why Brian, why, Well, because it has to be one of the perils of the policy, which is going to be something like a kale, some kind of storm that's called damage. Not a contractor up there walking around or someone.
Speaker 3: What if a vandal? What if a vandal? Okay, but vandalism would be covered, right.
Speaker 8: Yep, vandalism could be covered. Yep, that is true. Yep, but that's not vandalism obviously that would be just.
Speaker 3: No, no, I get you. But it won't cover the incompetence of a worker.
Speaker 8: No, no, you would have to rely on the workers insurance. They should have general liability that would cover them with us.
Speaker 3: Okay, so let's ask about that, Ronnie. Did you ask about their insurance? Who are you dealing with? Who are you dealing with? Was it actually Tesla that did it?
Speaker 14: Yes?
Speaker 15: What?
Speaker 3: What? Who was the subcontractor? Are you talking to somebody that I should just talk to directly because this relay stuff is not working. Put them on hold, lot, Ronnie. Let's see, I'd like to get an expert on about Oh, there's Brook right now. Thank you, Brian Burns, home of the Insurance check Up the Insurance Health Center dot com. Now, Brooke, you heard the situation? What's up? He had to pay seven hundred dollars to Tesla? It was under warranty, but he had to pay seven hundred I don't know why, and they did damage to the roof. How is Tesla to deal.
Speaker 15: With as far as like any warranty claims or just dealing with them on issues that they have on their end. They're pretty difficult to work with because they're so big. They're almost like working with like a Walmart or somebody that's of that size. Were you usually on hold for about four to five hours to get a hold of somebody transfer this?
Speaker 3: Oh oh my god? But what wow?
Speaker 15: Once that happens, it's pretty quick. So once you finally get through kind of the logistics, they usually send out the new parts pretty immediately, so you would have them within a week.
Speaker 3: Okay, but what about damages? Damages that's a different thing. It's money. Have you ever dealt with Tesla? Where they they Where? Do they have actual installation crews because he's saying it's one of their installation crews or do they sub out?
Speaker 7: They do both.
Speaker 15: They have their own installation crews here in Colorado, but then there's also certified Tesla installers like myself who can do the work. So it just depends on exactly who went out there.
Speaker 8: And what that looks like, because both would be I.
Speaker 3: Want to ask you somebody broke. Do you know are you on a speaking terms with any of your managers in Tesla?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 3: Could you ask them as a favor say this that you know somebody called and has a Tesla system and there's no problem with the system. But recently when they replaced a panel, they roof damage and they're just not They're not sending out anyone or did they send someone out, Ronnie to look at it?
Speaker 9: I sent uh moving companies out to give that the mints and pictures.
Speaker 3: But no, I'm asking you. I'm asking you a simple question. Did did they send someone out? No, sir, then where did they come up with the three thousand dollars.
Speaker 9: They sell?
Speaker 3: Okay? Can I ask you something out of just total curiosity. The brains of the operation is not on the phone, So why don't you put the brains of the operation on the phone and then we don't have to do this relay? Hey, Hey, you in the background. I don't know who you are? Is she or is it your wife? Ronnie?
Speaker 9: No, I'm gonna work.
Speaker 3: Oh oh oh, I'm sorry, I might be confusing. Is someone giving you the answers to give to me or are you doing it on your own? Oh?
Speaker 9: My own, I'm at work, that's the television.
Speaker 3: Then I apologize. I apologize, Ronnie. I thought your wife was in the background giving you the what's up? But it's okay. You know what, Ronnie, we are going to get We are going to get you some action. Brooke. Could you kindly maybe ask someone to look into this problem?
Speaker 15: Yeah, yeah, that's not a problem.
Speaker 6: I guess.
Speaker 15: My first question before we go down this road road though, is are there photos of the roof prior to the fix or the warranty claim on the back panel available? How are they saying that it's that it's Tesla that damaged it or whoever came out to fix right right?
Speaker 3: What kind of proof do you have.
Speaker 9: Before they went out? My company that I had just got to hold up the the homeowners insurance, hippo insurance, which I don't have hippo insurance right.
Speaker 3: Now, I have, Ronnie, get to the point, brother, All we need to know is do you have any condition reports before this happened?
Speaker 9: Yeah? Because the insurance company, the homeowner's insurance, and he didn't have no claim, no nothing.
Speaker 15: Yeah, So it's not necessarily the claim. It's just to make sure it's going through. Tom. I can definitely reach out to the folks at Tesla. If it was a sub, we're required to help uphold a certain standard, so Tesla will put pressure on the sub if it was a sub that did the work, If it was them themselves, I don't give you a response back once they hear from that.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, Ronnie, don't don't labor yourself any longer. Get back to your job. Let me guess you're an air traffic controller. No, I'm just kidding, all right. Now, what I want to do is have Deputy Bow, Deputy Bow front and center, sir, all right, Bow, Oh, ask Bo to take this on and cut through the red tape. It sounds to me like it sounds to me like we can't get the answer from Ronnie. But I need to know did Tesla send someone out, if the insurance company sends someone out, is there any part of that that could be part of insurance? Who knows?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 3: Anyway, Brooke Red Rocks, Roof and Solar call for rough ideas of what it will cost. Let don't come out and look at your site I'm telling you right now. They can get commercial systems in some instances. If you call, if I have to further regrant paid in full, Yeah, you pay nothing. In fact, you can make positive cash flow if you have tenants and you charge for electricity. If you're a residential customer, they'll tell you and show you how to get the best system redrocksars dot com three oh three seven zero four two four four nine. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out Now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here, I'm with renew Home Innovations in the studio for beautiful walking showers and custom made showers and baths with pure unadulterated porcelain sheets. The most beautiful stuff I think I have ever seen. I like it white, though, Nick, Can I actually get white? I mean I don't want the veins. Can I get something like that? Absolutely?
Speaker 8: You can.
Speaker 3: In fact, the white is probably the most popular. Oh my god, it's beautiful. Now, Mark and Suzanne, I'm not sure what color they have. They have a beautiful one too, but it's vein. It has a big giant grayish vein. I believe in it. Yeah, gray and white, that's what That's what my wife and I did too. Yeah, it's gorgeous. Yeah. Anyway, three three seven one, three eighty five five, Deputy Bau. As a follow up, Deputy Bow, what does this follow up from, sir?
Speaker 16: If this is from a person named Sam Wilson called in on three seventeen, Uh.
Speaker 3: He three seventeen, Sammy, let's find it. I love the records you keep. So he was with full He's with a charity.
Speaker 16: Right, Yeah, he started a charity called Full Circle. Full Circle for People in drug.
Speaker 3: Recovery right helps people with substance abuse and recovery. They recently bought a building that needs electrical work and they asked, Excel, can you please turn off the power? So we can do this, this and this, And they said, because because it's holding them up on construction and it's very critical. And they said, you're three months out or four months out now to turn off power. First of all, I never knew you needed Excel to do that at all. I don't know why, because when people work on my mast. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't believe we had to have Excel out there. What did you find out though? Go ahead.
Speaker 16: I went out to the property twice and it's over on sixth cent Bryant. He does have heavy power going to the building that THEYD purchase because it was formerly a marijuana grow place. So they've got these workers ready to go. I think they're paying them. But Excel can't get out there till April twenty first.
Speaker 3: So I won't why. I mean, why does they have to be there? Can't a master electrician turn off the power and turn it on?
Speaker 16: Well, this is what I suggested. I don't know what electrical contractor they're using, but when I went out there to look at it, I suggested to Sam Wilson that they just pull the electrical meters and then there's a big lever disconnect switch. They could turn the switch to the opposition and pad law.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying. But it must be against the law or something bo because they say they can't do it without an electrician. Hey, guys, call in if you know this answer. I have a lot of nerds right this. Wait, we'll take this right after the break stick around on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Wait time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two d News need who you don't have.
Speaker 2: Run anxious stass can.
Speaker 1: No shoot's gonna come.
Speaker 2: Man, this is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 3: No Tom Martinez, Hi Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five here to help you with your problems. We like to do that and one of the ways we do that is by you calling in. So let me get to our callers and to our fun and festivities. We have a guest here today as well. I'll introduce you. But Deputy Bo wants to talk about this follow up? Deputy, are you done with it or because I want to know? Well, here's what I don't understand. The only time I have ever heard needing Excel Energy to turn off the power is when they turn it off at the poll because they're working on the service line and the mast and.
Speaker 7: All of that.
Speaker 3: That's when you need That's when you need Excel Energy. But if you're working on anything from the meter inward, you do not need them at all. For anything, you can pull the master switch. You don't have to pull the meter. You just turn off the master switch in the breaker box. But what work are they doing? It must be on the mast and on the service line. Bow, that's the only time they would need go ahead.
Speaker 16: I agree with you, Tom, I don't think the power needs to be shut off that the transformer can on the pole.
Speaker 3: But okay, what electrical work? I know you went there and investigates, so you must know what electric work are they doing?
Speaker 16: So they got to rewire the whole building because the former tenants dripped out all the.
Speaker 3: Copper and do not need to turn off power at the poll to do that?
Speaker 2: No, they don't need to do that.
Speaker 16: But Tom be in a grow house. There's a lot of power there. There's seven or eight massive electrical panels, and I believe they want to reduce it down to just one panel.
Speaker 3: And I but they don't eat it. They don't need the power turned off at the pole.
Speaker 16: No they don't. But they seem insist that they're an electric electrical contractors insist.
Speaker 3: Well, did you talk to the hold on? Did you talk to the electrical contractor? Because I'm sure you can explain it. Let's get him on the air.
Speaker 16: Well, I'll call I'll call Sam up and have them bring the electrical contractor up on it.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm not at odds. I'm not at odds with him at all. I just want to know. We just want some reasoning here for this woman. Let's let's get some reasoning. And the only thing you three oh three oh go ahead, bo.
Speaker 16: I just want to put this out. They're electrical contractor says, if you pull electrical meter that it sends the signal to Excel and they'll find your account ten thousand dollars. I just want an employee of Excel to call into the show to verify it.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I like to know. We have a lot of nerds that listen to this show, and then of course I have my morons, and they know a lot. So maybe one of our morons knows about I can name one moron, Tam that actually does he does a lot of electrical work.
Speaker 16: I'm going to have him. I think it's I think, Hellcatt, I'm going to have Sam get his electrical contractor to call into the show. I agree, because I think it's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, good. So let's keep working on this to get this problem solved, and then meanwhile, let's solve some other problems, questions and complaints, and we can also talk about stuff in the news, one of the things I love doing because there is a lot of crazy crap going on. What do you think about these Tesla bombings? Oh my god, I mean, I mean it's getting really, really, really bad. So I want to know what do you think about that? Seriously, because it's it's it's getting to a point where a lot of Tesla drivers are paranoid. I mean, I think they're getting you know, but you have to understand mark that it is a little weird, isn't. Don't you get the finger once in a while or not?
Speaker 14: No, not at all.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 3: Here is fact.
Speaker 17: I don't worry about anything out where I live or around the Tech center, and I never go to downtown, so I just don't worry about it.
Speaker 3: Man, Well did you know that? Non? I'll tell you what I have been doing though. Check this out. You were never a motorcycle rider.
Speaker 17: But for people out there that rode bikes for a while, when you're passing another bike coming at you, you kind of have a wave and you kind of acknowledge each other you're both on a bike and your bikers. I'm starting to do that with all Tesla drivers I see, and I'm getting a response about.
Speaker 3: Eighty percent of the time. The brother who know.
Speaker 17: And then out here in Franktown, as you know, you lived out here years ago, someone comes wandering around.
Speaker 3: These parts, they're liable to get shot. Yeah, now, listen to this. A record number of non white voters and young men and young black men have been drifting over to Elon Musk and he had the biggest gain of that segment in history. Now, think about that. He's supposed to be the racist, bigoted hate You mean you mean Trump, not Elon. Yeah, No, Trump is supposed to be. And all of these voters are going over to Trump. They're supporting him in the latest surveys. Anyway. Yeah, thinking about they could get in lied to Tom.
Speaker 17: They're sick and tired of being lied to. You know, we had skin and bones. It couldn't even have a rational thought in the White.
Speaker 3: House for four years and they just lied to everybody about it. And people like badass Trump is bad ass. Yeah, I think. I think what's shocking to people is that I just think that they believe. I just think that they believe that he's an evil man. I mean, they just no matter what he does. Who are these people that believe that?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 3: Mark, Okay, I'll give you one Monty Okay.
Speaker 17: That's one out of fifty thousand they listen to Mark.
Speaker 3: Mark. Come on, you're not telling me that everyone in Denver loves Trump.
Speaker 17: We had this argument, we had this argument leading up to the election. How there was no way Trump was ever gonna win, and Ma and all these people would never vote for him, and he swept everything.
Speaker 3: I did say stuff like that, Okay, I did.
Speaker 17: But look CNBC, CNN, they make you think there's all these people that are out there.
Speaker 3: That can't stand them. I'm telling you it's like three people. You're saying that it's all fake news.
Speaker 17: Basically, I'm saying it's one hundred percent fake news. Just look at the election results. Every swing state he took. He took the popular vote. My god, he swept. Look at the black vote. What do you The only thing he didn't really sweep was I think it was white women.
Speaker 3: Okay, what about Okay? So I want to know if people agree with that this is not a not a political well, it's ultimately a political discussion. But I believe that there are still many, many, many many people who can't stand them. And I think it's about half of the country. That's what I think. So I believe that about half. No, I'm not I'd like to.
Speaker 17: Hear from I'd like to hear people's thoughts as well. Three oh three seven one three a two five five. Really, I'd like to hear it.
Speaker 3: I would I really would like to know, Like, here's what I'd like to know. He's absolutely wrong, he's absolutely right, or I like some and I don't like some, you know, like in between, which would be a positive.
Speaker 17: Saying the numbers are already over inflated. Tom, What I'm saying is the number of people is nowhere near half and half. They can't stand them, It's nowhere near it. They're just loud, squeaky, creddy people.
Speaker 3: That's all. But you did you did see the CNN poll on his approval rating is at an all time low. No, it's the highest he's ever had. Okay, it went down and it's progressively going down. I don't know we're looking at the same poll. But anyway, we have a question about moving companies. Carla. What I love that you're calling ahead of time? Carla? What's going on? I'm here? Yes, I okay? How can we help you?
Speaker 7: Are you there?
Speaker 3: Okay? And where are you moving from? Where to where?
Speaker 10: We're moving from.
Speaker 13: North Thornton to Westminster office ninety six.
Speaker 8: And wawdors.
Speaker 3: Okay. So you're just doing a local move, yep, a local move and you're looking for somebody. Now listen, here's what's important in this industry. Most of the people you talk to, not some of them. Most of them are lying, cheating ripoffs who will take you for every dime you have and hold your stuff hostage and they're terrible. So there you got about ninety eight percent of them. We're going to fall into that category. So I am so happy that you're calling me and you're not going to next door where a lot of the ripoffs hang out out or my excuse me, Facebook or Instagram. I'm glad you're calling us now, Mark, here's the challenge, Well, there is no challenge. Who would you go to? Mark? Misson? He might not be on. Yeah, I missed the question.
Speaker 18: What was it?
Speaker 3: What would you do for a local mover man?
Speaker 17: Probably Johnson Storage and Moving. They do local as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, john Johnson Moving in Storage, You'll never go wrong, never. Okay, make sure it's Johnson Moving and Storage. Now did you call anyone so far?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 13: I've got three people coming out to give me bids. But that's good.
Speaker 3: To tell me who you had come out, No, no, tell me who you had come out.
Speaker 13: They haven't come out yet. But I've got Local Moving coming out on Monday. They got I'm I'm just looking at reviews online and they got like a four point nine out of thirteen hundred.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, don't believe them.
Speaker 13: Go ahead, Okay, Legacy Moving, which also has high high ratings, and College Hunk.
Speaker 3: Okay, now, I will tell you that Local and Legacy they're not terrible. Okay, Okay, here's what you want to look out for. Still, I still would I would only use I would only use my people. So and they're not even on the referral list anymore. They're so damn good. But I would send you over to them, and I believe you'll be treated fine. But if the other two are okay, I don't like the College Hunk thing, not just because of the name and stupid. But here's the deal. When you have what you definitely want is a guarantee not to exceed price guarantee not to exceed Okay, okay, not just not an estimate. You want to guarantee not to exceed.
Speaker 12: Okay.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you, and the only thing you and you're not going to pay up front. You're only going to pay when they load and when they deliver. Go ahead. What else were you going to say?
Speaker 13: What are your thoughts? On having them pack and unpack it.
Speaker 3: They do a better job than we can.
Speaker 18: I know.
Speaker 13: That's what I'm thinking.
Speaker 6: I've got a lot of stuff.
Speaker 3: I you know what this last move, I made a really big move several years ago where we moved. I had them do all the packing and as long as I'm there supervising and stuff, as far as writing notes to myself and all that, it's pretty good. Now there's going to be a time and I'm not I'm sure. I don't even know why it's here. Why movers don't provide QR codes and just a QR code each box and then send them send the owner a list of you know, like number one, and then around that big number one there's a QR code, So U QR code the box and then it sends a message to the owner what was put in QR one. It's just things like this are just going to be around the corner. But to make a long story short with you, is America. You know call I can't think of his name, Nam Johnson. I'm sorry, man, that's just my brain go in creasey right now. Johnson moving in storage. But then I'm not trying to be president, am I Okay, Johnson Moving in Storage and those other two. The more I'm looking into them, they look pretty good. They look pretty good. I'm looking I look for fake spot and I didn't note. Fake spot is where they try they go through reviews and they try to match with with ips and c if they're fake and they they're good people on the fake spot and local moving. So just a car do you favor?
Speaker 14: Though?
Speaker 3: I want you to call me back after you get your estimates and give me your feelings. What debo you had a question?
Speaker 16: Yeah, I just want to make a suggestion of Carla that Doc has always had very good luck with move Masters. Okay, okay, And I've always used Cowboy. Cowboy's been around in town for fifty years and they're good for local movies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but are you sure hold on though, Bo? Are you sure there's still the same company.
Speaker 16: Well, I haven't used them in ten years, so I don't know if they've been bought up. But I know Doc used move Masters I think about eight months ago, and he swears by him for local moves. I mean, just call and get a bid.
Speaker 3: I got to take a break, Frank around the real estate man dot com. You want to know what your house is going to sell for, what you'll net, what you can buy. He'll go over all those figures as if he's selling it, no obligation. Ever, He'll take into consideration the neighborhoo, the market supplying demand, all the factors in your neighborhood, your house, and then give you a price that he thinks you will get for that house based on his marketing plan. Frank Durand the real estate Man dot com three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real Estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. All right, let's Chris has a question that seems pretty odd a consumer protection ag Go ahead, sir, what's going on? Hello, Yeah, we're having problems with them. I don't know. I think people aren't expecting to get on maybe and they hear me and they don't. There's a slight delay. But it's getting to be tiresome to bring these calls. Tom. We're always shocked when we get an audience or talking to Bush, not Bush, Christ to me, now, Biden, So is he up? Is this is this petitions? Now the caller? The caller's gone okay, I think I think I know what they're Yeah, well, if you're talking about the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau, they are getting rid of it or wait, or they're they're changing its focus. Now. This is one area where I disagree with Doge. It was one of the few. And Deputy Doc will tell you this, he's working from home. But they really do solve problems, man, like when money is suck in cyberspace, or a bank says you never made this deposit, or a credit card has a charge in there and won't take it off. I'm telling you, man, it really it really helps this agency. And I have a feeling, you know, no matter what it's going to have the cahone's chopped off, and it's going to be weaker for it. Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. I got a text here for Nick renew home innovations. They want to know. And I don't want to open up a big can of worms, but I promise I read all texts. Do you do bad? Do you do kitchens? You know that's a that's a fair question. Yeah, we do. We do kitchen. We do full remodels on kitchens bathrooms. So but your main focus is walking showers.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, you know we love just taking care of a wet space for a bathroom because we're able to be Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you vote project. So if you're there, right, if someone wants to expand that into the whole bathroom, that's easy, that's your crew, right, Okay, but if they wanted to move into hey, you've done such a good job. Can you just spruce up our upstairs bathroom. Let's say they don't want to put in a walking shower, but they just want to spruce it up.
Speaker 4: We have customers that have us do parts and pieces to do okay, good, so you know.
Speaker 3: So in the process. Contact us first, give us your primary need, and then once you're there.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, yeah, we do. We do that all the time. Where a customer needs a new vanity or possibly new flooring for the bathroom, so we'll take care of those things.
Speaker 3: Pretty cool. Yeah, so they don't have to have like ten people in their house, right, So the answer is yes? Three or three nine zero four two thousand, nine zero four two thousand renew Home Innovations dot com. Oh okay, so I'm gonna take this quick break and ma shit Shannon absolutely faint because it's almost on time. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. And as I like to say, K and H has everything you need for the exterior of your home. Plus they've been in business for the sixty five years and their heritage Khwindows dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Emacs Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two three three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Marcy, what's going on with the towing company? Marcy?
Speaker 9: Hi?
Speaker 7: Tom, how are you.
Speaker 3: Good? What's going on?
Speaker 7: It's not the towing company, it's Extended Stay.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm sorry. What happened? Marcy? What happened? Marcy? My daughter as well as I think eleven other people got their car towed on Sunday? Where do they get a toad from this?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 5: From from where I'm.
Speaker 3: Where were the cars towed from.
Speaker 2: Extended state?
Speaker 3: Okay? Were they residents of Extended Stay? Yes? Then why would they be.
Speaker 7: Told because they backed into their parking space?
Speaker 3: I don't even get that. So does a sign say that you can't back in? Oh? I know what they're saying. They couldn't see the ticket right or the license plate. Tell me what reason they're given, Because not backing into a parking space is not a legitimate reason.
Speaker 6: Tom, That's the.
Speaker 7: Reason, I promise you.
Speaker 3: Do they have that in writing.
Speaker 7: They do now, They didn't before Sunday.
Speaker 3: All right, wait a minute, we have to have somebody. We have to have somebody call over there. So is there any sign anywhere that says do not back into parking space?
Speaker 7: As of yesterday, there.
Speaker 3: Were no signs. It just says parking or no parking. What does it say in the area where your daughter parked?
Speaker 9: Nothing.
Speaker 6: I don't know if there's a sign there or not.
Speaker 3: We did your daughter get her car? Because the longer you wait the morsea Hey, listen, Marcy. First things first, did your daughter get her car?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 3: Good? Now we got to figure this out because I've never heard of such a stupid thing in my life. What company told her?
Speaker 6: You know what, I don't know the name of the company, but it's not their fault, Kathy, do you know the name of the company that tells you? I'm mariteing?
Speaker 3: Okay, why tell me why they were told? Like you said, it's not the towing company.
Speaker 12: No, it's because the manager had it done.
Speaker 3: Why did the manager have it done? What's the manager's name?
Speaker 7: Carlos?
Speaker 3: Carlos? And why why did is it a new manager? No? And he acknowledges that there residents, but he didn't like that they backed in right, all right, we need to call it.
Speaker 16: You know what, call Tom?
Speaker 3: I would call immediately. I mean, this is ridiculous. Eleven cars and their residents they stay there, they parked in designated parking. The only violation was they backed in.
Speaker 16: I will give them a call during the top of the hour break.
Speaker 3: How crazy does that sound? First of all, I almost don't believe it.
Speaker 1: Marcy, believe it, Tom?
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, Marcy, this is crazy, though, you got all right, I'm gonna believe you. I'm gonna believe you as much as I don't believe you. I'm going to believe you on this. I never heard of such a thing. All right. Somebody wants to know, Nick, renew Home Innovations. When you're doing the porcelain shower walk in and all the remodeling, you can do new toilets and vanities.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when you when your standard heights, comfort heights, we do power, power toilets, bidets.
Speaker 3: Anything you want. Okay, So you can do all of that absolutely all right. And they want to know if your one stop shop with the shower, do they have to call in a plumber?
Speaker 4: All of all of the work is done by my employees. Oka perfically, so it's all done under one roof, so.
Speaker 3: They don't have to go anywhere else. One permit, one job, one done for everything, all right, three h three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. I got a text from someone else who said they were told from extended stay. But they didn't mention the reason, but they said they're toe happy. Hmmm, well, I want to know how the heck that happens. Anyway, I got another text here Mark. It says Mark is delusional. In my opinion, you are right. After the latest grossed stunts Trump has been pulling. Even a lot of his mainstream followers are regretting it. His his ratings are dropping. And it says, here's another one. Tom as soon as one of the anti Tesla protesters gets the butt kicked or shot, the protesters will calm down. This one says, in reference to Highway going west Denver towards Western Slope, it's C four seventy in the metro area, but it's just seventy that way, of course I know that. Then someone says the lanes are closed because it is a shoulder. Then really, what happens is they only use the express lane, which is also a shoulder during express hours. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Keep in mind that Denverregon dot com, in addition to that weight loss supplement, they still do genuine stem cell therapy and I love them. I mean they got me over the hump of a bad pain cycle one time. I'll never forget it. Denverregen dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you troubleshooter three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. All right, So we have a question about red light camera tickets, and I've now this is what I can tell you personally of research personally and and also tested the limits. Danny, go ahead, Grey.
Speaker 18: My question was, h Okay, if you get a ticket from let's say Denver, little turn you went through of it went through a yellow, but it was really red, and so they'll thend you a ticket in the mouth.
Speaker 9: Do you have to pay it?
Speaker 18: I've been told that unless an officer gives you a written ticket, that you don't have to pay it.
Speaker 3: Okay, First and foremost, let's talk about a red light ticket, no matter what it is. A red light ticket, when issued by the police, is a summons. Okay, it's a ticket. It's an accusation. It's not automatically guilty. Okay. Now, when you get a ticket from the courts and they hand it to you on the street or in your car or wherever, that ticket is also an automatic demand to appear in court. If you look on the ticket, it says that you must answer by a certain date or appeer on a certain date. If you did not answer that ticket that you were given personally, you would be in contempt of court and there weren't issued for your arrest. Okay. That's what would happen with a ticket that is handed to you. If the ticket is not handed to you. First, they don't even know if it is you. They don't know if you even got it. And the only way they can execute it or prosecute it is by personal service. Now, personal service used to be they had to have you served, but some municipalities, and you have to check on each, have changed their local laws that say that you can use the US mail as service, so they can send you a registered letter and that would be service. Okay, Now as far as pay, paying or not paying. As far as paying or not paying, I'm going to tell you something right now, I'm just gonna tell you. Unless it's an outrageous amount and you're just pissed off, you can take in the court all you want or refuse to pay. But it is always cheaper not to pay. Excuse me, It's always cheaper to pay the initial fine than to fight it. Always because ultimately you will lose. You will, you will absolutely lose. The only time you win are like the times I've done. Like I've got about twenty five tickets for various reasons, all different kinds, and all I do is ignore them. This is me. And when I ignore them, they have gone away. And when they don't go away. I look at my email and you will get another stern warning, and then I babysit that one. And when I know that they've had enough, they're going to send me a summons. Then I pay it. But most of them don't. But the laws are rapidly changing where trust me, if a camera picks up a fight on a street corner, you're going to be getting assault tickets. It's technology and the government. It's scary what they can do together. But we are going to have a situation where yes, the ticket will be a summons, just like if a police officer gave it to you. But it's not like that. Now, where did you get the ticket?
Speaker 9: Sir?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 18: This was This has been taken care of.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 9: It was about thirteen years.
Speaker 18: Ago in Littleton. But I ran into a young woman today. It was about forty five and she told me she never pays any of them. Unless a police officer gives you one, you don't have to pay him.
Speaker 3: Well, it is true that you don't have to pay because there's no one with a gun to your head. Or not you should have paid, that's a matter of question. If you feel truly you have an argument against it, then go to court. But you're right, you got to be summoned first, and if you're not summoned, nothing happens.
Speaker 18: So if they sent you a letter, read it real carefully and make sure it says something on it that says, if you don't pay this, there'll be a warrant put out for your arrest.
Speaker 3: Well, that's right, if it's a summons in the form of a letter. Some municipalities have accepted mark. Do you know which ones accept mail now as a personal service? I know there are a number of them doing it because they wanted to get away from that loophole. They didn't want to have to serve everyone. So if I were you, I would pay it if it's not too much, and forego the brain damage unless you know, unless you feel like fighting. I'm Tom Martinez. We have more coming up on The Trouble Shooter Show three all three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Wave time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out Now three all three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero, sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Ript News need advice so you don't have come run anxious as fast as cam. No Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 2: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martinez.
Speaker 3: Hello, peeps, what's going on? We're here to help you with anything in your life, the things that tick you off, the things that make you tick. So welcome, Welcome, Welcome. Let's talk about the primary things on your mind, things that are happening right now. Then talk about things in the future. Let's do some planning. Let's just keep life smooth. Do you know what.
Speaker 7: There is?
Speaker 3: You know how I gather. I tell you that I'm the only consumer consultant in the world who can say They've talked to as many consumers directly about problems that I've cataloged everything. Well, I've also cataloged success I did, and I know you hear a lot of stories about how this person went from rags to riches. There are always outliers. Always with any statistics, with anything you say or do, there are always outliers. Now you want to find the outliers. All you have to do is make a statement on this show and Mark we'll find the outliers, because he'll say that's not right, and then he'll go and get you the outlayers because that's his duty to be a thorn in your side. Hello, thorn? Are you there?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 3: Did I? Did I make them? Did I make them cry? Already? Anyway, So that's what you do. You go and find what makes success, what makes failure, and then you mimic, wash, rinse and repeat. It's a good system. When things work, you wash, rinse, and repeat. Terry, Welcome to the show. What's going on with you? Terry? Thank you?
Speaker 8: This is Terry from Alaski. You're sending me some swag, so thank you, sir.
Speaker 3: Yes I am Terry. Thank you for calling man. That's great. So what's the weather like today?
Speaker 8: Oh gorgeous, it's fifty degrees. We've had an amazing winter, hardly any snow. A year ago there'd be like three feet on the ground and be like negative temps. This year, it's been on average about forty degrees sunshine. It's been great.
Speaker 3: And you're on Wilder Avenue.
Speaker 8: Wilder Avenue, Yes, and it's a house you asked about, you know, that whole unit thing.
Speaker 3: That I looked at you. I looked at you on Google Earth and I was stalking you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's a nice home.
Speaker 14: So yeah, I hope it.
Speaker 3: No, I really I got your home right here man. And then but you don't have many well, yeah you have. Is that your backyard surrounded by trees? Yep?
Speaker 8: Yeah, it should be like a big log looking home.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course it's. Well, I'm looking at their address on Google and I see your Hey guys, if anybody else wants to look it up, it's eight hundred West Wilder Avenue and it's Scilla, Alaska. Now you have the whole neighborhood is heavily treed.
Speaker 8: Well it's I mean it's so people ask where's was Scilla? And I always say, you know where Sarah Palin is lives. Everybody's oh, yeah, so that's same same town as Sarah Palin.
Speaker 3: I guess the one I'm looking at, though from the curb view may not be yours. I think that's it's eight thirty five Wilder. So eight thirty five is down.
Speaker 7: The street that's across.
Speaker 3: Okay, let me hold on then I'm going to turn around. Okay. So do you have some white birch.
Speaker 8: Yep, it should be a really beautiful, big custom made log home.
Speaker 3: Oh wait a minute, well that's not it. Hold on, this could be old. When did you build your log home?
Speaker 8: It was built back in two thousand and four?
Speaker 3: Well how old are these Okay, I'm sure I'm not in the right driveway, but how old are these usually? When? How old are these usually? These maps?
Speaker 7: I just looked it up. It's it's current.
Speaker 8: I can I can find it when.
Speaker 3: I put it in. Oh really, okay, all right, very cool. I'm gonna brown home. Wait wait, I think I have it a big log home. Do you have a white Ford pickup truck? Really?
Speaker 8: Okay, that's most updated, but that's not mine.
Speaker 3: And uh, who's the motorcycle game entering your home? Right now? Never mind? Yes, so you have a you have a two guard garage on one side and two car and the other or what.
Speaker 8: It's Yeah, so this is a custom make that that there? It's a it's four bedrooms. With each side has four bets, so it's two separate units.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, wow, Well if I come up then to visit, I'll have somewhere to stay.
Speaker 8: Yeah, now you know where I'm at to make sure you go to the right unit.
Speaker 3: Okay, well so but you own the whole thing.
Speaker 8: Uh no, nope, just my side.
Speaker 3: Okay, So you bought a duplex. Who'd have thunk that you buy a duplex out in the country in Alaska.
Speaker 8: Well, it's actually in town. It's actually that's that's just how beautiful it is. And with still I mean it's in town, but you have so much space. I mean, you just get so much with your property. It's insane, very fun.
Speaker 3: Hey, if you need a custom bath, walking, shower and all that, we have renew home innovations on the show today. So, hey, is it hard to find reliable contractors where you are?
Speaker 8: It is now because a lot of that work when the lower forty eight doing good, typically Alaska isn't doing so good, But when the lower forty eighth is struggling, then that's when Alaska is doing really good. So right now, custom builders.
Speaker 3: Are why is that Why is that counter? Why is that counter's circulative? Why are sicular why.
Speaker 6: I don't know, Tom.
Speaker 8: Honestly, I've only been here. I used to live in Colorado. I've been here for eight years. But so it's I think it has something to do with like the native population and the regulations with drilling and all that with the natural gas. But they believe this will be the first year with Trump being in, with the deals that are going on with Japan and the natural.
Speaker 7: Gas, that that could be this could.
Speaker 8: Actually be something where we all do well this year, so or the next four or eight years.
Speaker 3: How are politics in Alaska?
Speaker 8: That's why I'm calling. So I heard what you and are Mark going back and forth, and I mean, I'll tell you, I'm a staunch Trump support, but a lot of my friends from Colorado who were hardcore blue dog Democrats or independence and then originally I'm from Iowa saying there the majority of them didn't vote for Trump. But this time around, the ones I know all voted for him, that he's he might not be liked in certain areas, but they love what he's doing because that's what he got voted in for. But in Alaska it's as patriarchic as you can get. I mean, you didn't want to be a Biden person living in Alaska, because there was a lot of flag that had explicit language about Biden on it that would you'd see regularly, so very patriotic here and and very pro and a lot of independence, but very pro you know, America America first.
Speaker 3: So you feel like Alaska is is a moving conservatives.
Speaker 8: It's pretty much always been conservative, but there's a lot okay, it's there's a lot more. There's a lot of independence too, independence and uh but I would say it's much stronger now. And it's not because they love report publicans. It's because they like our freedom. They don't like how that's where mistreated. They don't like where all this money was going. They don't like all the line and coruption of the media. I mean, it's not just Republicans. You're seeing democrats here, same thing independence, but it's mainly they want the freedom.
Speaker 3: Well that's good to know, you know. I mean, because I told Mark I thought there were a growing number of people still disillusioned and that don't like him, and Mark said that it's he thinks a lot of that's fake news. What they do is they take something bad that happened and amplify it, or they talk about the possibility of a recession or of a major problem with inflation, and they do that on purpose to make it seem bigger than it is. But when you're out and about on your normal day, we'll go.
Speaker 8: Ahead, Yeah, let me respond to that.
Speaker 7: So I would agree with Mark.
Speaker 5: And here's why.
Speaker 8: If you guys look at the statistics that are coming out in polls, especially like with CNN, now that Trump has introduced like alternate media, like let's you know, like YouTube type stars or just people like his son who is engaged during the election, you have a lot of voices that they're sick of what's going on on mainstream and are turning towards other sources because they believe it's more of a balanced approach. And I think that's why you're seeing a big shift. And I would have to agree with Mark is the media's like CNN and MSMB, their numbers are plummeting in the Democrat percentage is in the tank. So it just leads me to believe that that is probably most accurate, just because I see such a popularity on rumble and YouTube with more of a think take group with whether you're a Democrat, liberal or a Democrat, Republican or independent. Their life minds are coming together and we're just sitting out and talking about the things that we agree on.
Speaker 3: Yeah. No, I see what you're saying. Mark, Are you there? I don't know if he's listening. Okay, does he here? Does he hear us? Or is he if he's around? On Curio three seven seven one three eight two five five man Terry, it's good talk to you. I'm gonna send you some swag. I had to wait for a new run on one of my things before I could send it out, but I appreciate it so real quick. Here though, what is the like the income bracket up in that little town you're in. Are people wealthy? Are they poor? Are the in between? You have a good mixture? What?
Speaker 8: Yeah, so that's the unfortunate thing I'm in. You know, I'm in healthcare. So if you have like hourly healthcare, that's what we're struggling right now. There is a mass ectidus just because when during Biden's Biden's administrative the administration, the cost to get goods to Alaska, like food and other goods, it's just spiked. I mean, I was watching prices go up each week, sometimes by a dollar.
Speaker 7: It was crazy.
Speaker 3: But you mean because of trucking, or why because of trucking, or.
Speaker 8: Why both trucking, flying stuff in on a barge, all of it. It's just everything was just so much more expensive to get to Alaska when I first got here in two thousand and eight. I mean, it went up at least by thirty percent. When over the past four years, do.
Speaker 3: You sense a sense of optimism up there?
Speaker 14: Absolutely?
Speaker 8: People are fired up. It's exciting like this, Alaska is the hidden gem. People think it's dark and cold, and here all the time it's beautiful.
Speaker 6: This is the hidden gem.
Speaker 8: I see that this is going to be kind of like Colorado was when I moved there back in two thousand and eight. I think this is going to be the next Colorado, if you will, because it's what people want. Safe communities. I mean, you're not We don't have the crime here.
Speaker 7: It's safe.
Speaker 8: You know, your neighbors, people you know, wave and talk to each other, and a lot of like you know, neighborhood parties during the summer and and all that. So it's just and that's not just with Stilla, this is this is throughout the state. So there's just a lot of people.
Speaker 3: All right, real quick, I got to ask, so Terry, Terry, Terry, walk me through. So from January, February and March, what kind of weather.
Speaker 8: It's been in the forties.
Speaker 7: You know, we've had some rain, but we haven't had like the snow.
Speaker 3: So what is it? What is it? Normally?
Speaker 9: Is this?
Speaker 3: Is it still bitter winter January and February?
Speaker 16: Right?
Speaker 8: Yeah, normally it's you know, minus degrees or you know, five degrees above, but and a.
Speaker 7: Ton of snow.
Speaker 3: Okay. Then what happens in March.
Speaker 8: March It starts to warm up really quickly, but then you always, like Colorado, you'll get that unexpected snowstorm that will drop like okay, and then it melts aware.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the same the same with April. So when does it really get nice where you don't bring a coat with you and you go out for the day.
Speaker 8: Typically, actually that can April March like at the towards the like the middle to end of March and then into April.
Speaker 3: Right, but it goes on and off and on and off through April. Is May pretty stable, May, May.
Speaker 8: June, July, August, September is all is that stable.
Speaker 3: So it sounds to me like Colorado.
Speaker 8: It's a lot like Colorado, except for we have large mosquitos.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, thank you for calling. Make make it a habit to call in. I'm Tom Martino. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi, Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three O three seven one three talk three O three seven one three eight two five five. So you know, we do a lot of talking about a lot of things, right, and and so from time to time, if you want to go back and see how something ended up, let us let us know, because we don't always recap everything Now Bo was handling a problem just to day, isn't it Bo from Car? Wait? Wait, just like when did that.
Speaker 16: Call thirty minutes ago Marcy about Marcy?
Speaker 3: Marcy and eleven others had their cars towed. The manager said, yes, they're residents, but they backed into those spaces, right.
Speaker 16: So I called Carlos, the manager of the Extended Stay hotel in Englewood. They are long term guests there. So he said, there wasn't eleven cars. There were several cars. But when these guests come into the lobby and sign up for a room, there's signs, several signs in the lobby stating that you cannot back your car in, And then once they go into the hotel, it's they print it out on a flyer. So I asked them, well, why do you guys care if the people back their cars in? And he said, and I agree with him. He says, when they back in, they start the cars up. And these hotel rooms, oh, they have heat pumps, little heat pumps, and it draws the exhaust air from the car into the living space.
Speaker 3: So don't you think there should just be signs up on those posts saying do not back into spot.
Speaker 16: I asked Carlos this. I said, why don't you have some signage out into the parking lot. They said, well, we've ordered them and they're on back order.
Speaker 3: And I guess what, I don't think they have the right to I think that they can be sued, and I think these consumers will win. There's no sign out there, no way, there's no way without proper sign I don't care. I don't care if he said he told him in other ways, they're the law says signs.
Speaker 16: Okay, well there's no signs, then these people could take extended stay American America Hotel on Inglewood to small court.
Speaker 3: I want to did we have I want to get one of them back on the air now that we know this this bull crap.
Speaker 16: Now now, Tom Carlos said he would come on the air and state his case, but he had to talk with the owner of the hotel to get permission to come.
Speaker 3: On the air too. So okay, he sounded like a good guy.
Speaker 16: He sounded you know. He said, he wasn't evasive. He answered all my questions, and I asked him, if you can.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but here we had one thing like that before where a notice went out to guests saying that guests can only park in a certain area. This went out to the people on the condo. Well, this one woman had a condo and her mom came to visit. Her mom wasn't privy to that memo, And people said, well, that's up to the woman. That's up to the tenant to tell her mom. No, it's not. If you're going to toast someone from that parking lot, it's up to you to warn them, not up to the residents. It's up to you to do it out with signage, simple signage, and in that case, we won, and we you will win if there's no proper signage. That's a very simple proposition. So that person that called in and was very upset, let's get him.
Speaker 16: Let's see if she'll come back on the air.
Speaker 3: Well, let's get her to go to small claims court.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I agree, I think there should be some There should be signage out into the parking lot. I understand why they don't want the cars back in, and uh, I see, but they.
Speaker 3: I see, I see exactly why. Yeah, Okay, to avoid exhaust, to avoid exhaust going in to the heat pumps, and I agree, but they have to have a sign up there saying do not back in or nose parking only knows in parking three oh three seven to one, three eight, two five five. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three, seven and seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five the Show for Solving Problems. I have ay new home innovations in the house. Let me get to a wide shot here. I have a question about now if they have a tub that they love, a turtle feet tub, turtle feet have you heard of those old things? Yeah? Can they say, okay, can you make a shower where one did not exist before? Like they don't want to do away with that tub? But they want to find a place to put a shower. Can you use plumbing and make a shower? You can even make a small walking shower. Absolutely.
Speaker 4: I mean there's many times we'll actually taken and bring a space where the shower and the tub are together in the in the same space.
Speaker 3: So yeah, that's it's done pretty pretty commonly. So where one doesn't exist, you can put a shower. Yeah, we do it. Even with the tubs then where just take the tub out completely.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, that's done all the time. More and more people are getting rid of tubs, you know, on a I know, pretty consistent base, I know it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean but even if you're older, having a shower with a seat, who wants to soak anyway? So tell me about the steam showers? Do you do them a lot? We love showers? So does that add a lot to the to the project. It adds a lot of personal value? I think?
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But does it cost? It costs? Doesn't it? Yes? It does cost? Is it really expensive?
Speaker 4: Like how much it's a good investment? I mean you can get a ten grand somewhere in the middle. Wow, Yeah, that's just for the steam while the jets and everything. Temperature controls. See, there's more to it than just steam. Oh yeah, And and we use a Mister Steam product which has a lot of unique features that you can add to it with aroma therapy, coroma therapy.
Speaker 3: Oh cool, different, like a little chamber you can put some essence in. Absolutely yeah. Wow. You don't even have to fill it up.
Speaker 4: It's just automated and there's there's so many features that mister Steam has now today it's it's a wonderful product.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love it. I do a lot of people do steamers. I think if you're going that expense, if you're in a position to do it.
Speaker 4: I highly recommend it because it obviously makes you feel better, you know, for breathing and just overall well being.
Speaker 3: Steam showers are absolutely incredible. Okay, someone said that they saw a shower, a walk in shower, and it had side wall jets too. Can you put jets in weird areas? Oh yeah, we we have a really have just yeah, so you can have a he called these body jets body sprays. Yeah, so you can walk through like a car wash for days. Say you can.
Speaker 4: I have a couple of them in my shower, and I find that they don't get used very frequently, but they are they're they're definitely available. You just have to have to have the right plumber who knows how to plumb those things correctly.
Speaker 3: And we do so, all right, Yeah three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. If you have a problem, question and complain, give us a call. I want to go back to some stuff I was reading now, Oh dog, I went to the wrong one. Let me get back here. So we were talking about some news that flabbergas that the hell out of me. So let me find it again. It has to do with here. I am okay, wrong one, I'll find it. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. This was this, This came up and I wanted to know why young people and non blacks are moving conservatively. In fact, it's alarming the left and they want to know why. What would you say? The reason is, I don't know the reason why young people? Mark, do you want to chime in on that minorities and young men and especially black men are moving toward Republican And they try to speculate as to why. Some of them say they like disruption and they like the idea that people are doing what they said they're going to do, and maybe a little bit of rebellion. So it's kind of funny, but they're looking at the Republicans as kind of a rebellion. Now here's another disturbing trend. Okay, it's people over fifty. Gray Divorces have doubled. You've been married your entire life, you know, adult life, you have kids, you saw off to college. You're sixty five years old. Why why give up them? What are you gonna do? And this is this is an unbelievable trend that more and more people sixty and older are getting divorced. Some say that the woman is finally done, saying my kids are out of the house. I've done. That's what they care about more than anything. Others say that right now, because of society in general accepting it more, that a great divorce is more accepted. So and times have changed to where they feel like there's no guilt in it. It's not like it used to be. So people over sixty getting divorces, and they're not for economic means. Except the one woman who won the lottery and did not tell her husband she divorced them. She was living high off the hog two years later he found out about it, and then he totally went apecrap. Honor opened up the divorce and got one hundred percent of the proceeds because of her dishonesty. That's a true story. I never I never actually believed it, but it's true. I looked it up all right. Now, as far as the court case is going on, I would like to hear from people if they believe that the courts have a right to reverse executive orders. Now here's something that I've always been taught. I have always been taught that the courts are only to decide when it comes to these issues the constitutionality. It's not a court of equity for the president fighting for his executive order, nor is it the place of the court to legislate from the bench. It seems like judges have been using the bench to get their agenda accomplished, as opposed to looking at constitutionality. The only thing they should look at is this constitutional or not? Not? Do I like it not? Do I agree with it? It should be one constitutional or not. And in all of these cases, what I found weird. None of them have done the just None of them have have given that reason. Three oh three seven one, three eight two five five. We got more coming up on the Troubleshooter show. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two all Right, movie stars, artists, writers, expensive, and finding a contractor can be hard. What am I hearing? Okay, I'm hearing me. Shut up anyway, So people, here's the bottom line when it comes to UH. A lot of a lot of people are having a tough time when it comes to homer modeling because of these reviews. A lot of them say they've had great reviews and ended up with crappy jobs. Some went with the price and lower price because the reviews were a little worse off, but they got good results and really and truly, I want to tell you something. Most of the people that advertise you don't know you, and most people are getting their stuff from either broadcast, podcasts or or you know, social media. Really, so when you do social media, you should ask why did you select us? Not who sent you? Or where did you find my lead? You want to know that, But Nick, you you also should ask why did you choose us? Do you ask that all the time? Okay, get on your MinC Yeah, all the time? And what did What is the reason?
Speaker 16: I like?
Speaker 3: Where are some of the reasons that if they don't know you, what are the reasons? Well, I've seen your ads that looks pretty good good or I like your prey. I mean, what reasons do you get?
Speaker 4: So consumers, you know, it's it's common knowledge. People tend to look at price as the drive factor, right, so do you a lost leader?
Speaker 3: Sometimes we have to Yeah, we have it's way to do and you'll do that lower price if that's what they insist on, absolutely, but then you show them what else is available.
Speaker 4: Of course, we have different levels of products, but we also emphasize on the one stop shop that you talked about earlier, how important it is that you don't have fifteen different people that you have to.
Speaker 3: Write cod or your timeline is what's the most attractive, right, I mean heck, I mean less than a week. So here's what I want to know though, So really most people we if we just put a pin in it, most people want they look for the best pricing first, right Now, that doesn't always turn out to be the best choice, but that's what they go for. After that, what do they care about? Do they care about anything after price? They? Quality? Right, they want quality.
Speaker 4: But you know the reality is it's hard to get an inexpensive price and a.
Speaker 3: Good quality product.
Speaker 4: So you have to have make a balance somehow. Yeah, you have to find a proper balance, and that's what we strive to do with.
Speaker 3: Are people's conceptions, Sauce you're out there every day in the trenches. I'm asking you because you have an incredible operation, So on the trenches, what are people most misinformed about when it comes to pricing or home remodeling? What are people what shocks them? If anything?
Speaker 4: You know, people's perception as to what it actually costs to actually have the you know, quality professionals quality.
Speaker 3: No, I know because because a handyman, so I can do that for a dollar fifty, you know, you know put an outlet in when an electrician might be two fifty or something. So do you have people saying, well, I can buy those liners, I can buy that material down a home depot every day every day. You know there are we're always going to be up against that, but you know are we But then you got to have somebody put it in. You have to have it done right, You have to right.
Speaker 4: Our model has always been, you know, provide the best quality product we can find, have good people that we can trust in our home as well as yours, and sell it at a fair price that everyone is comfortable with. So it's a win win opportunity for all groups of in your mind, and do you make.
Speaker 3: Do you go in on a lot of mistakes like people who started with another company? Unfortunately that happens more than I care to mention.
Speaker 4: Really, you know, we get yeah, and you know how do they get sideways with a bath contractor usually it's it starts with going with the lowest price because they found something that they all all the glitters is not gold right, so you know, just because the price sounds too good, Like what.
Speaker 3: Stakes though made was it just basic carpentry stuff.
Speaker 4: Bad carpentry, uh inability to you know, they you know, if you if you price a job and you don't have enough money in it to complete it, that's when you that's when you get people on your sleeves brigade because I run off and they run off and don't finish yet, and we end up getting those hyper customers from time to time.
Speaker 3: Okay, so people when you're looking for a contractor you know, reviews are not bad. If you read through them, you will see if they're fake or not. And and also not just reviews, but I would ask a company who's your supplier, make sure they're in good standing, where do they buy materials? I mean, if it's a big job I'm talking about, I would I would not. I don't pay, and I don't even know. I have never talked to Nick about this at all. But my general philosophy is, you don't pay up front for nothing. You pay up front for ordering stuff. You can pay up front for design. You can pay up front a small you know somewhat. Then you pay up front. When that's not upfront, that's when materias is delivered. You can pay when work begins. As work progresses. But I really believe where you get into trouble. As Nick said, these contractors take a lot of money and they're out of it before they finish, and then the or the homeowner doesn't have enough to finish, and it's a big mess. I'm Tom Martinez. Stick around three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. We have more to talk about on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Yea ripped up.
Speaker 1: News need so you don't have come a run in just as fast as we can. Shooter's gonna help come Man.
Speaker 2: Dix is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martine.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm Tom Martino. Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk three o three seven one three eight two five five. What's going on in your life? How can we help you? Give us a call with things that tick you off, things that make you tick. I want to hear about it. And we have a lot happening in the news, and really it boils down to this, are people pleased with what the President's doing? Are people not? Are tariffs affecting us now? Will they affect us in the future? What will they affect now? If you listen to news, you listen to one of the news. Unfortunately, this the way it is, you're gonna get. We're in for doom and gloom. It's going to be the worst recession ever in our country. Is heading into the into the toilet. You look at the other perspective and they're saying, I'm doing what I was relucted to do. I had a mandate, I'm doing it, and I am getting rid of waste. I don't think I don't know how anyone can be against that. I don't know how anyone can be against waste. And what they say is more bunny for the billionaires First of all, how stupid do people have to be to be in a crowd thinking Moss buddies are cutting all these the programs so they can have more money. I swear to God, the Democrats must appeal to the most, the most retards, the in the entire world. I don't know how to put it. They're they're going out preaching to morons for politics of envy. Now listen, So someone called me a liberal, and I don't care what you call me, you know, because in some areas I am liberal. But you misquoted me, sir, you misquoted me. Of course, this is the iHeart Radio saying, Tom, I agree with Mark, the vast majority of Americans do approve of Trump. Because he said that I said the vast majority of people disapprove of Trump. I did not say that. I never said that. I said in all the polls, you'll see about half. You'll see about half the people disagreeing with him and half liking him. And if you go to other polls of approval ratings, supposedly he has a lower approval than Joe Biden had for the same time in office. Are you reading any of this, Mark, or is that all fake news? Too, do I just basically take anything that's not for Trump and call it fake Mark three O three seven one three talk seven one three two five five. I don't think Marks Mike's working today, So we'll just move on. In any case, the bottom line is this, Okay, there are about half the people that disagree. I'd like to know what do they disagree with that? That's a reasonable question. What do you disagree with when you disagree with that kind of stuff? I mean, are you saying, no, we should have waste in government, No, we should pay social security for people who've been dead. What should we do about it? And that's what That's what people seem to be saying that basically, whatever he does is wrong, even if he's cutting waste, even if he's helping government run more efficiently. That's not real. It's not true. Not true. Okay, here's something. Marijuana users are six times more likely to have our heart attack. Now I would think just the opposite. Why do you think young marijuana users, they say, over a long range study, were found to be six times more likely to have a heart attack. Does that surprise anyone? It mayriorrizes me.
Speaker 16: Tom, isn't marijuana smoking sort of analogous a cigarette smoking, if you do it long enough for your or this.
Speaker 3: Year it followed. The study followed thousands of younger people younger than fifty who had no comorbidities from twenty ten to trewenty eighteen, and it was, according to the research, hold on it just went to pay okay. According to the research, evidence linking cannabis used to adverse cardiovascular events, including in a schemic stroke and a mile mio cardial farnction on a heart attack, heart failure, and mortality. Specifically, cannabis uses were six times more likely to have a heart attack, four times more likely to having a stroke, and two times more likely to experience health failure. Why they appear to pose a substantial risk for these outcomes, Some say it could be because of what they encourage in the diet, or it suggests that cannabis itself has some kind of risk factor that we don't know about yet. It's a cardiovascular disease, there's some link that we don't know that it's actually the cannabis. So they believe warnings should be put on labels of all marijuana products. Now, they did not differentiate here with cannabis being eaten or cannabis being smoked or vaped. They didn't talk or they do talk about the findings. I'm just perusing it. Maybe they did.
Speaker 9: So.
Speaker 3: The bottom line is that cannabis use is shown to have contributing to heart disease and a risk of mortalit. Here's something interesting. Okay. Now they're saying also that any use of alcohol, any use of alcohol is unsafe and is a carcinogen, even casual drinking where you have some people. Remember they were advocating red wine is good for you, or wine is good for you. People still have that illusion. But according to this, and you know, there's there's not a lot of people disagreeing with it as far as major medical journals disagreeing, but apparently even casual use of alcohol. I know this is going to make my YouTube morons. They want to know who funded the study. Okay, I'm going to find out. But that is a study. And and if you if you listen to local news and national news, it's pretty ubiquitous as to the agreement. I mean, not all of these people. If you're in sine waiting that these people are being bought off by the UH alcohol industry, I mean or not the by the anti alcohol industry. First of all, I don't think there are enough people against drinking that would chip in that much money to fund to study. I mean, you can be against something and not be rich. I think, if anything, it would be the people who sell liquor to do a study to dispute it. But so far I don't know of any of those studies that dispute it. Now, somebody wrote me a text about the April They want to know more about the April fifth gathering. What exactly is it and why am I there? So April fifth, we're going to have Barry Miller and Barry. If you're listening, you can call in at any time. We're going to have a seminar on April fifth, and what it's going to do is it's going to talk about the main vest Era turn key program. So many people are confused about this program. I want to lay it out to you very plain and simple, so you understand it. Okay. It is not a pooled investment. People think they're buying into a group of homes. They're not. And they want to know, well, how do I know how my home or what I own and what I don't own and how do I know I'm going to get my return and it's going to be divided up properly. First and foremost, they're not pulled investments. If you do Vestera turnkey, it is not a pooled investment, It is not subject to government regulation. And it is simply you buying your own home through Vestera. That's it. Vestera. How do they make money? Why do they do it? Because they make money when you buy the house. They make money when you sell the house. The end, you're not even obligated to sell it with them, but if you do, they make money. There. They make a paltry six hundred dollars a year to answer all your phone calls. Then they have a management company, they arrange They even help me find homeowners insurance for the house. So in other words, they coordinate everything. But you buy the house under your name, you get the loan under your name, and you put up the cash under your name, the cash maybe about seventy five or eighty thousand, and then you have the loan and then you own the home. But as part of the turty the Vestera turnkey program, they're constantly with you doing all of the legwork, all of it, all of it, and you're you're just an owner and you get to sell that property when they tell you to and make a tremendous return. You can decide to do it again and do a ten thirty one exchange or just take the money and run. But that's essentially how it works. You are a client, you go to Ysteric Turnkey. They're your real estate people and they help you find a home in a market that they have researched. Their research is top notch, and that's really where they make their money. What is the best buy now, that'll be the best sale later that will bring me the most rent. That's what they do. So we have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Get your calls in three oh three seven one three talks seven one three A two five five Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're a troubleshooter three all three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. What's going on in your life today, Peter? What's happening, sir?
Speaker 14: Well, I've just been listening to you. I've been listening to you for a long time, and one thing I would say is that you usually are pretty open to ideas on both sides, and.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 14: Mark is not. And you know, first of all, I'm an old guy, but I've had a lot of experience, and I was trained as a mediator, and I worked for many years in conflict resolution. And one of the things that one of the things that I believe in is that usually there's two sides to the story, and when you stop looking at the other person's point of view, it turns into a yelling mass, it turns into unreasonable discussions that really don't solve the problems. I don't I don't like the current administration. It's not that I don't like and I object to the facts that like somebody will come along like Mark and say, uh, you don't you know you don't want to get rid of the gang members. That's not true.
Speaker 3: I want to get rid of the gang or the government waste, or the government waste or all of that illegal immigration.
Speaker 14: I don't know. I I and most of the people that are being criticized believe in all that, but they don't believe it's being done properly.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 14: I was in management for Peter Peter.
Speaker 3: Isn't it fair to say, Peter, since it's Peter, since you're a reasonable man, let's let's do it back and forth here. He can't hear me. I know that's why he keeps talking. Our phone system is fed up. But Peter, listen, here's the bottom line. I think one of the things going on is we don't hear the other side. But you have to admit that the Democrats had a pretty long time to start implementing changes to the border, changes to all the governments of funding crap. They did changes to all of the social security payments going out illegally. But to say that they're against all that stuff, yet they never take action. They have never taken an anti immigrant or anti illegal immigrant or anti criminal immigrant ever have they taken any action ever? So how do you trust them? Peter? I do know that if you get one hundred people in a room and fifty year Democrats and fifty year Republicans, I do know they're going to agree on a lot of stuff if they get to that conversational level. But why don't the Democrats. Why haven't they done anything? Why they've been in control for so long? Why haven't they done anything? You said they're against all this stuff, then why didn't they do anything about it?
Speaker 14: Listen, I'm not talking for everybody. I'm talking from me. You asked, Okay, people have thought about the administration. I'm saying that I'm one hundred percent in favor of gang members being detained or whatever. I'm not in favor of the administration not following the constitution, not following the rules of law, not following the pre teachers that this country's based upon.
Speaker 3: What do you know? Can you help me out, help me understand, Peter, because I've always said, Look, I respect people's opinions, but I just need to know where you come from. Tell me what they're doing about the illegal gang members. That's unconstitutional?
Speaker 14: Well, first, first of all, there's been no hearings, there's been no process determining. And I'm not defending these people, but all I'm saying is that they don't follow the procedures. And it's the same thing. It's it's well, how do you how do you know that?
Speaker 3: How do you how do you know that? See, Peter, that's what I want to know that basically, because you're listening to bias news telling you that they're violating some company. You know, they're according to the Attorney General. According to the Attorney General, they're doing everything legally. So who are you listening to that is telling you that the Trump administration is Listen, Peter, Peter, Peter. The thought doesn't just come to you in the middle of the night. I'm simply asking a simple question. Who gave you the indication they were doing the wrong?
Speaker 7: Just wait?
Speaker 3: Can you please wait and answer one question? One question? Who told you they weren't doing it the right way?
Speaker 14: The Constitution of the United States?
Speaker 3: Oh so you compared? Okay, good, I'm glad I finally have a constitutional scholar. Show me the lines in the Constitution and where the Trump administration is violating those The spirit of that law. Tell me, gone, I'm listening. You actually studied the Constitution and compared it to the actions of their deportation, and you have concluded it's unconstitutional. You didn't hear it on CNN. You concluded it on your own. So please give me the area in the Constitution I should refer to and how it's being violated. Please help me.
Speaker 14: The Constitution says that before a person it can be removed. And I'm not talking about illegal, I'm talking I know.
Speaker 3: I want to know where you're frod. I want to know where in the Constitution. Where in the Constitution? Quote it for me. Please quote me the verse and the section so I can find it. I have the Constitution right here, don't have.
Speaker 14: My copy with me. I'd mean happy to call you back and with a copy of a Constitution in front of me.
Speaker 3: So I want to know if you honest to God, please honest to God, did you read the Constitution and then line by line compare it to what the Trump administration is doing? And you did what the Supreme Court justices are supposed to be doing. You read it and compared it to the Constitution. You did not do that, and you know you did not do that, Peter. You know you did not do that.
Speaker 14: That is not true.
Speaker 3: You okay, Peter, goodbye, Peter. I don't believe you. I'm sorry. I don't believe that you took out the administration and started line by line checking the Trump administration for adherence to the Constitution. You heard it on CNN or MSNBC. I'm sorry, Peter. And you don't have your copy of the Constitution with you. It takes six seconds to get a copy online. What you're saying is a bunch of bs. You never did a constitutional check in your life on anything, Ray, what is your comment?
Speaker 9: Go ahead, Hey, Tom, thank you for having me on the show. You know, it just amazes me the level of ignorance that some of these people call up and try and defend what I call the indefensible. I mean President Trump. Yes, he has his fault, so you know what, he's a fighter. He fights for our country like no other man has done. And after the last four years of what we call a somewhat of a president who he really wasn't an acting president. I don't know who was running the country, but we all experience. I know, after four years of a horrible situation, I mean, come on, guys, pick it up. We've got to. We know, we've got a fighter. And does he make mistakes here? He does, okay, but you know what, he's fighting for us. He's fighting to bring in more businesses into our country like no other president I've ever seen before. I mean, all the millions and trillions of dollars of all these countries are saying now, they're going to come into our country and they're going to invest in our country. Biden, Biden was asleep.
Speaker 3: At the wheel. And oh no, no one doubt no one doubts that. And thank you, thank you Ray for your comments. Really, but this guy is saying that he went through the Constitution line by line to show where the Trump administration what they're doing is unconstitutional. I am a student of the Constitution. I did read the Constitution. I do have the Constitutions. I have the Declaration of Independence. I also have the Communist Manifesto in Longhand, and I've read them, and I've read the Koran. So when people talk about these things, they talk out their ass most of the time. Most of the time they're just farting out there. They're farting words because they know not what they're talking about. There is nothing I can find in this constitution, nothing that even remotely comes close to what the president is doing. What the judges trying to do is make law from the bench. Judges now think, hmm, this is what the law is, but you know what, I don't like it, and they make rulings from the bench. They're legislating from the bench, and we should not allow it. Of course, we don't want them to legislate one way or another. It's just absolutely wrong. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Mike has a comment on the Great Colorado Payback. That's where funds go to die. If you ever had a refine and you never collected the money that you was refunded in maybe an s grow for taxes, or if you left and had an insurance policy and you were getting paid for like a hail claim and you never collected it, or there was still some on the table, or if somebody had a savings account they forgot about it. It goes off and to never never land. Eventually the institutions have to translate transfer to the state treasury and it's kept in what's called as cheat funds. And then that's the Colorado Payback is where they list your name. You go in and see if you owed any money, and if you are, you get it. Go ahead.
Speaker 7: Tom. Let me back up a little bit about your caller that said he read the Constitution. He's never going to find that in the Constitution because it's in the If anything, it would be in the Bill of Rights. That's where that would come from.
Speaker 3: But the Bill of Rights is part of the Constitution, right, the Bill of Rights is part of the Constitution.
Speaker 7: So my issue was the Great Colorado Payback, and I called you at the close of the show. Monday, I lost my parent and it was.
Speaker 3: About three dollars. It was about three dollars, wasn't it about three dollars?
Speaker 7: Three dollars? So I called him and I said, I will send you a claim for him, and they told me they wanted a death certificate. Okay, uploaded that. I get an email back that says they want a copy of the will, including a list of all of the errors and the percentages that are due those errors, along with all of my personal representative paperwork for this three dollars. Right, whatever happened to let the punishment fit the crime.
Speaker 3: Well, here's the thing. I know you're saying three dollars, but the worlds weren't written for three dollars. They may have been written for three million dollars. So if somebody, let's just say it's three million. I know you're saying three, but let's say three million, because now it makes sense. Sir, we have to make sure you represent this estate. This could be me saying he's the son or the brother. So I have to prove who I am. Then I have to prove I have a right to the money and that I'm not trying to go in and claim it before my sister, who gets half of it. So really what they're doing is proper.
Speaker 9: That it is.
Speaker 7: Okay, but you talk about an entire waste of time. There should be provisions for dollar amounts less than exr.
Speaker 3: I totally agree with you. I totally agree there should be more of a due diligence on the bigger ones. But let's just say it's one hundred dollars or less. They should. I totally agree with you one hundred percent that to go through the same stuff for three dollars as you do for three million dollars is ridiculous. So they just want to see the will, and they want to see that it is being distributed properly and that you're not trying to screw the other errors. Sure, except and I know you're not doing this for the three dollars.
Speaker 7: No, I lost them twenty nine years ago, which means the estate was closed twenty eight years ago, and my parents did not have a updated will, so we had to go to court and name me as the personal representative, and me and my three brothers agreed to share everything equally.
Speaker 3: And are your three brothers? Are your brothers still alive?
Speaker 14: Yes?
Speaker 3: Well, then you got to divide it by your three brothers. You got to divide it by four, I mean four divided by Wait, you have three dollars. I'm sorry, it's three dollars that they divide by four.
Speaker 7: Seventy five cents. So, well, you know, front this agreement. I can charge them thirty dollars an hour to go through all of this BS to collect the three dollars?
Speaker 3: Who can you charge that to.
Speaker 7: My brothers?
Speaker 3: Who?
Speaker 7: Because I took an administrated fee as the personal representative to get through.
Speaker 3: Of the That's right, that's right, that's right. If they truly wanted you to pursue it, and they requested that you do it, they would have to pay you for it. That's right. But it's you can't just go ahead and do it and charge them because you have a fiduciary responsibility. So you can't just go and and charge them. You'd have to ask your brothers. But you can. You can just let it go too. But and I sense it's not the three dollars. But I don't understand what you want to accomplish truly, what do you want to accomplish? Tell me I want to know. I'm a fighter too. But I want to know what there is to get at the end of this fight.
Speaker 7: Let the punishment fit the cry.
Speaker 3: Well, tell me what that means. Please tell me what that means. Okay, but you're not going to accomplish that in this particular battle. You need to go to the state legislature and have them legislate it. And one of the ways to get a bill started in a state is to say something that Trump likes it so they can vote, so they can do something that he dislikes. I don't know. Maybe you say, you know, Trump would never go for this, but we should make it easier for people to get their money so Dose doesn't take it. I'm joking. What I'm saying, Mike is you're not going to get anybody who cares. You want to know the truth. Go to the state legislation. Nobody's going to care about the inheritance laws in the state of Colorado for his CHET funds at this point.
Speaker 14: Right so.
Speaker 7: Ever, and take up space on the state server.
Speaker 3: Well, it's not taking it, you know. Yeah, Mike, tell me what your what what is your goal here? Truly? Why are you so? Why is this taking up so much real estate in your brain? What's going on with it. It's just is there something more?
Speaker 16: Tom, It's a matter of principle for Mike, I've tried to apply for the car.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, so the principle a principle, Okay, what's the principle? There's not even a good principle.
Speaker 16: Nobody's trying to get the word out over the over the air that maybe some citizens will complain to the Colorado'll pay back and simplify the process. I know he's know where he's coming from. I've tried to get some money from some.
Speaker 3: I never said, I never said I don't understand the process, and I do, and I think it's ridiculous. I totally agree. But what I'm saying is when is it worth fighting for principle when okay, there are times is the one are we going to go and change the way the Great Colorado Payback distributes the states? Because first of all, what they're doing is entirely properly proper. So what we have to do is come up with an amount at which it's improper. I think up to one hundred dollars would be safe. Are there, by the way, are you know wouldn't that be safe? Up to one hundred bucks. Look, if someone's going to go through the time and energy to rob their siblings of that part of one hundred dollars, let him fight it out. First of all, I don't even think they should need to know the siblings because he's a personal representative. So the part I disagree with them is this, if he's the personal representative, he can take that money and do what he wants with it. If he doesn't distribute it properly. That's not on the state that the siblings can come after him personally. That's where it should be in the civil law. It's not the state's responsible ability to see that a will is distributed properly. It isn't. All they have to do is get it to the personal representative, and he made that very very easy for them to do. You started a brand new estate, right I think he said he did, But he's not on now. So three oh three seven, one, three eight, two five five we have more coming right up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup, free no obligation comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out Now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two