Speaker 1: Yeah, can you dig as.
Speaker 2: You did?
Speaker 3: Ladies, gentlemen, friends, pos, murkers, regulars, gm O people, organic people.
Speaker 4: Boiler room in battles. Why you two?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: Welcome to the ACR boiler Room, where we're going to hash out everything under the sun that is important to us and more importantly to you. There's only one rule at the ACR boiler room. You don't talk about the ACR boiler room. No, but really, in all reality, the one rule at the boiler room is this brings something interesting to throw into the boiler My name is Hesher. I've got Patrick henningson from twenty first Century Wire dot com and the Sunday Wire Show, which airs live here at ACR at nine am Pacific noon Eastern every Sunday. Tune in and catch the best investigative journalism in all of the pirate airwaves known as podcasting. Welcome Patrick. How has the news hounding been going since you wrapped up last week's Sunday Wire, which was epic by.
Speaker 4: The way, Thanks? And I think I think, Esher, the one rule should be to talk about boiler room for now, because you want people to talk about it so that they can get interested in share it with their friends. So talk about boiler room.
Speaker 1: Right there, you go. I just get hung up on that fight club thing when I think there's only one rule.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you hung up on the tile. It's called the Tiler Durden Complex.
Speaker 1: The Durdan Complex. I get that sometimes.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Now, I've been on the road the last couple of days, and we can talk about that later. But I traveled from Phoenix to Carson City, Nevada to cover the new Land Rights States Rights Land Rights Bill, which is being introduced into the Nevada state legislature and being obviously backed by the Bundies among other people and ranchers and farmers and thousands of other people in Nevada who want to see this bill go through. So I was kind of embedded on the Bundy bus and so yeah, round the clock, last forty eight hours, that's what I've been doing. But on the road, going through some interesting country in Nevada.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: Yes, Nevada is a very interesting place. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean some of the towns between Nevada. To put between Las Vegas and Carson City. That's like the endless bus ride. It's like it could have been twenty four hours, but I think it was only about six or seven, but it seemed like twenty four hours. It's just the longest of the long the drives, and there's a couple of desolate towns on that On that road, it's not not a double lane highway. It's just you know, one lane going up, the other lane coming back with a dotted line in the middle. So very small freeway, but a couple of towns look like they've been wiped out. They look like nuclear test sites. And mind you, that's not far away from the area as well, when you're passing through the Edge of Death Valley, but literally towns that are just there's no activity whatsoever in the buildings are just completely dilapidated and grass growing out of the roof of some of the house. I mean, it's just shocking. I heard you can buy it. You can buy a house and a plot of land for two thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: That's amazing. You could only beat that in Detroit, right.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, yeah, in Detroit is giving it away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those roads are crazy. I've driven some of those roads too, and it's like you can really kind of get in that transfixed zone because those roads are so straight and narrow and there's so few cars and they just go into the horizon.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a couple of oasis towns there, Tone of Paul and all these which were great hunting towns back in the day, you know, the days of the deer hunting and stuff. So gambling, little casino there, saloons hotels, so these are historic and also cold mining destinations are on the way out for the gold rush. But it changed a lot. The state of Nevada has changed a lot, and that's what this bill that they're introducing is really all about. It's about trying to gain some access back to the land because the federal government's pretty much locked it up. The name of the bills AB four zero eight Nevada State Legislature and there's a story about it up on twenty Firs Centric Wire. But it's pretty amazing twelve months after the standoff at Bundy Ranch that they would be presenting a bill like this in the legislature. And there's quite a few assembly men and women who are behind it, so it's not just coming out of left field. This is something that a lot of people in the state want. And there's similar pieces of legislation that are going forward in Utah and Arizona, but I think the one in Nevada passes constitutional muster better than any of them. I don't know about the Arizona one though, I need to go do a little research on that, but hopefully we're going to cover that on the Sunday Wire Show. But so there's something happening. There's a tide building, right, and.
Speaker 1: Is this the type of thing that's going to bring farmers back to Nevada, Because I know the Bundys are one of the last remaining families that are in that particular county, and there used to be a lot more, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, as Ryan Bundy on one of the many Bundy sons. But as Ryan Bundy said very eloquently yesterday or the day before, he said, back when the BLM, the Bureau of Land Management is the federal department under the Department of Interior near the land managers, will they manage eighty five percent of Nevada's land. But some people in the BLM have been on record as saying they own the land. So when they came into existence sometime in the twentieth century, I think nineteen seventies, I'm not sure, but there was two BLM agents that were liaising with fifty three or fifty six ranchers in southern Nevada, and today there's over two hundred BLM agents liaising with one rancher.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So that gives you an idea of it, that tells you the whole story in a nutshell, is to the federal mandate and how large it's become and how restrictive it access to the land is. So and these aren't.
Speaker 1: These aren't people that are just liaising. They are taking an enforcement role, right, They're actually have armed agents patrolling these lands and telling people what they can and can't do on what should be public land, what was originally public land. And they were just a management agency.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, that's correct, that's what that's what you have now. And as we saw last year, some of these agents are better armed than some of our soldiers we'd send into places like Iraq or presently in Afghanistan. So this is more than just a you know, wilderness agent, you know forestry or fish ation. This is something much much bigger. So they originally came into being the BLM was to settle disputes between farmers and so that is, and also to help do some range improvements. And help with the infrastruct sure water getting water from A to B, and fences and all these things that allow these people to work together in the same sort of neighborhood, if you will, of the wilderness, and their role and their mandate just increases increases as federal government does. So that's what happens, and that's where we're at today. So this is a bill that it's not a revolutionary bill. It's more of a I think the people who wrote it see it more as a correction. It's kind of a reset back to when Nevada attained statehood back in eighteen sixty four. The Constitution was very clear that all lands when Nevada was a territory, that was all under federal control, and when the moment Nevada became a state, then those lands would have to be turned over to the state except for essential federal buildings, arsenals, military bases, other youthful federal buildings and lands and so forth. So that never happened in any of most of the Western states, so California, Nevada, Arizona, Utah and others as well, I think eleven in total. So each of them with their own individual unique issues, is a big thing. If a bill like this passes, Uh, it's it's huge. You know, it's really a massive sea change in government in the United States, whereby states will have you know, retaken some of the original powers that they were granted in the US Constitution. So those have been all reversed, Uh, you know, two hundred years later or whatever how long it's been, and now you have a situation where the powers flowing down from Whathington, d C. Through the states and into local communities, whereas before the power flowed from counties up through states and whatever was left they could do and have in Washington, d C. That's all been inverted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that sounds sort of like a constitutional republic. I've I haven't seen one of those in a long time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's kind of the idea behind it. That's the difference between a constitutional republic and other forms of government or nation states. So so yeah, it's a bold move and it's gonna there's a lot of resistance to it. There's a lot of convoluted arguments that are going to be made against a piece of legislation like that. But I think the timing is is right. The timing is as good as it's ever been. And I think what happened last year on Bundy Ranch, funny enough, has really helped people to be more open to this bill and more receptive because it really showed last year just how completely out of control the federal government really is. Oh.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I couldn't believe some of the images and reports I was hearing.
Speaker 4: From that event. Yeah, yeah, no, definitely. So, yeah, that's what's going on. And I think Basil Valentine sent me a message he's wanting to jump into the boy of the room.
Speaker 1: All right, okay, let's add him up here.
Speaker 4: If you've got him on your list. I sure do.
Speaker 1: He's coming in right now.
Speaker 4: Who else have you Who else who's jumping in here tonight?
Speaker 1: Well, hopefully we'll have Sean, although I haven't heard back from him. And if there's any other ACR regulars that want to jump in, they're all welcome to.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So that's what I've been doing for the last two days. So it's been interesting to say the least. And you know, the press conference out there was a mob scene and they I think they had some paid agitators coming in with signs. There was one guy with the American Indian guy that came out and his science says, Bundy, get off my land. So he's kind of claiming title to everything, really, so I thought that's not going to go too far. But Cliven Bundy was quite gracious and invited him to come up and speak and said, I sympathize with your people, and we've both been done wrong by the federal government. And he started going into the treaties and everything, and the guy was completely disarmed at that point and didn't know what to do, and he ran away after that because it was just too confusing. He was expecting old Cliven to reach out with such a kind gesture. But it was interesting, very interesting.
Speaker 1: Way to go Cliven. That's an awesome story right there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I saw a few immedia provocateurs, one person who was masquerading as a journalist for NBC local affiliate up there. I don't know if she was from Vegas or Carson City, but that was shocking. She was not. She was there with the other the protesters against Bundy before and then her camera crew arrived. She jumped out and became a journalist. It was amazing to watch, and she was incredibly condescending. Told me, I need a lesson in civics. But yeah, so unbelievable the things that go on. You know, when something and an Apache helicopter came and buzzed the press conference and this is the middle of the capital of the nevadat Carson City, so that was weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they have no business doing that, right.
Speaker 4: That was so weird. Yeah, yeah, I took a photo of it, but it wasn't that. The copter's not that big in the photo because I was I had a tripod set up and I didn't realize the thing was going to do a few circles around us, but it did. And I don't know why, but they just there's going to be a lot of overreaction to anything Bundy related, so by the state. But very interesting, very interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's definitely in their best interest to make him and his supporters look as bad as possible.
Speaker 4: Right yeah, yeah, yeah, and they're always expecting the worst, and you know, it's incredible, but nobody ever wants to point any well, some people don't want to point any finger or blame whatsoever at the federal government and the BLM thugs. That's we can't criticize them. They were within their rights. They made up all sorts of stories about what Bundy did, what he didn't do, that he didn't pay his grazing fees and all this stuff, and you keep reading this over and over. Associated Press were there, they printed an article and they repeated that same lie that he owes grazing fees they have racked up over the years, and that's a complete fabrication. I even think the BLM hasn't even stated that on record. It's just a rumor that circulated through the media that seems to have a long lifespan. But he had no contract. I believe after nineteen ninety five or ninety three, he had no contract with the federal government for grazing fees. So how can you owe something when you have no contractual obligation.
Speaker 1: To have had to explain that to so many different people about this, it's like that everyone just jumps right to that. They've been programmed by the mainstream media to say, oh, well, he owes federal taxes because that's federal land. No it's not, it's public land. And even I heard him say once that he tried to pay extra taxes. He said, okay, fine, if I owe taxes, I'll pay that to the state of Nevada and there was no tax code. Do we even accept said taxes correct?
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, into Clark County. Yeah, they had nothing to They didn't have a number, uh to file it under. So you know that check went uncashed. That is my understanding. But they wrote in there. It's another misnomer. People think that the BLM wrote in because of unpaid tax as well, you know, in the kind of style of the irs. That's not true. They came in on a court order. It's my understanding from what I've seen. They came in on a court order, which is an Environmental Protection Agency EPA cord order, which is a stipulating that Bundy ranch the public lands which he grazes his cattle. This is a large area. You know, ranchers use public lands to graze. They don't own all that land, but they're making beneficial use of it obviously, So that is it was. It was chosen to be a mitigation area for the desert tortoise. And again the Associated Press said they're endangered, and I don't think they're endangered, they're protected. There's a difference between between those two things, is my understanding. If they're in danger, yeah, if they were in danger, they wouldn't have euthanized a thousand of them at the Las Vegas Desert Tortoise Sanctuary this past December, which they did. They wouldn't have euthanized them if they were endangered, so they didn't know what to do with them. They're protected. So again this is associated press. They don't fact check, they don't know what they're talking about. Quite frankly, maybe they're nice people, but you know, it shows you what passes for a journalism these days. It's pretty shocking. So anyway, that's what they came in for a turtle. So they moved Bundy's cows off the land, or said thought they had an agency to do that because this was the new sanctuary for the desert tortoise. So that's it.
Speaker 1: You know, I've been out in those deserts before where those tortoises are protected, and I've talked to people that have worked like outdoors their whole lives there and say, yeah, I've never seen one, or i've seen one maybe once. I mean, it's not like they're all over the place and they're all getting trampled by cattle.
Speaker 4: Sure, and bundies weren't killing turtles and their cows weren't killing turtles. They designated that area for relocation of turtles that would be displaced from projects like a solar plant with NN Chinese US joint venture energy firm, or the Pipe massive pipeline project going from Colorado to California, so that there would be some displacement there of species. But I mean, this is all basically stuff made up in scientific studies. That's best estimate, best estimate, So you don't know how many turtles have been killed displaced. They run by charts and formulas and based on studies and population studies of these animals. But to say so the bundies didn't do anything wrong. They're just there minding their own business, essentially trying to make a living, and a very meager living at that because of the restrictions that they're under with the working alongside or on land managed by the BLM. So very difficult situation. And that's why this he's the last rancher because most of them just couldn't make a They couldn't make a living, definitely couldn't turn a profit, and that's why there's only one cattle rancher in Clark County, and that's a big county by the way, Clark County is huge.
Speaker 1: And it's down from it used to be what fifty two, fifty one.
Speaker 4: Something, fifty to fifty three. Wow, yeah, fifty three. That was the number one beef producing patch of land in the world one point. That's my understanding. And now it's not even the top whatever, you know, letting in the top thousand probably and.
Speaker 1: The rest of these ranchers that have been forced out, I assume they've been forced out by similar draconian EPA regulations in BLM.
Speaker 4: Yes, the combination of that plus the other technique the BLM uses is to reduce the herd, the number of herds per head they can have on this land for environmental reasons or the BLM the federal government say no, you're overgrazing. You need to cut your numbers down. And each year they want to cut them down to the point where it's not even worth running cattle. And there's other other things techniques that are used to get rid of them, and there's a big lobby behind that. It's like cattle Free by ninety three. This was running in the late eighties, and so there's definitely some political organizations that were actively seeking and working through some of the federal litigation facilities that were established to really their goals cattle free by ninety three, and they nearly they've achieved it pretty much. And then now there's a couple of other sayings, big slogans over the years that they're campaigning just want to get rid of beef production. Well, beef consumption hasn't dropped, not in Nevada either, but they want to get rid of production. So where would you get the beef from? Well, there's two places where you could import it from Mexico or Argentina, and Brazil is another place. But one of the big importers of beef more and more as the years goes by, is going to be who is going to be China? China's running the huge cattle industry and certain parts of China. And you know, is that beef going to be a very good quality? Is it going to be as good as is naturally grazed cows in places like Nevada? And I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I doubt it. I highly doubt that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and not fresh, and you know, long distance transport frozen probably expensive as well. Eventually, so you know, people don't think about these things. They like going to Applebee's and getting their steak, and where's that steak come from? How much is that costing?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 4: How much? You know, And I'm paying for Chateaubrion or Flea Mignon. I'm paying thirty forty bucks for a little six ounce you know, really a six ounce steak, and you know it shouldn't be that much.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: All the while, we're being told that we shouldn't have small farms here in the United States, and they're bulldozing rainforests in Argentina to build factory farms where they're going to import us inferior quality meat.
Speaker 4: Sure. Yeah, and they're opening McDonald lots of McDonald's. Is because people say, oh, McDonald's right, this job creation, you know, fast food. Oh we need to also get the minimum wage up for this McDonald's workers as well. Fantastic, wonderful. However, the factory beef industry for that fast food is some of the most scorched earth policy type agriculture in South America you can imagine. And that's a lot of it is to cater for global brands Burger Kings and McDonald's worldwide to deliver the volume that they need and quality is not essential there. But now if you go to any London restaurant or European restaurant, you're pretty sure that you're going to be eating Brazilian beef. Most of the time it's coming from Brazil, so it's not coming from Scotland. There's a few places that serve Scottish grass fed angus beef, you know, but it's most of it is coming from Brazil. I know because I used to work in that industry, so I could see what was coming through and what we used to buy. We ended up buying Brazilian beef. Is the only way we can get a good fill it at a decent price because the volume was coming into Europe, so the prices are manageable, you know. But that's the globalization, that's where it's heading. That's this is the new model inter meat, yeah, interdependency, import export. But I don't know enough on that. So that's going on there, and we'll be reporting more about this in the next coming weeks as well, so we can be down at the ranch in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: That's right. So it's the one year anniversary and by the way, Patrick, we have Basil joining us now.
Speaker 4: As well, Basil Valentine. Is he still in New York?
Speaker 2: No, but Basil is in London.
Speaker 4: Basil's in London. Okay.
Speaker 1: I like it when you gentlemen.
Speaker 4: I like it when you speaks third person. Basil's in London. I love that.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Big Apple.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so how is how is your staying in the Big Apple in general? I mean so I love you know, I haven't been there.
Speaker 5: I hadn't been there since nineteen eighty one. Think of that, you know, wow, people say it's it's much safer than it used to be. That's the zero tolerance policy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's Giuliani's broken windows.
Speaker 5: Well, I think it's studied even before that. I think it started in the nineties. I don't know, you know, Yeah, they cleaned out all the hookahs and the ney do wells, and you know it's from Second Avenue, you know, just to.
Speaker 2: Come on from the Horse on Second Devin. That's all gone, you know.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: Very safe now. You know.
Speaker 5: You can walk around get the subway anytime of day and night. The locals complain that the color has gone, you know.
Speaker 4: Oh, is it getting a bit pale.
Speaker 5: Well, you know what the New World Order want, they wonder completely homogenized, die cast, blanched out society.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and so and so the.
Speaker 2: FOU does and that's it, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And so?
Speaker 4: Also what else is homogenized in New York is also you know, food and beverage is becoming homogenized as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, I I'd love to patronize the sort of name a deli and the corner store, you know, yeah, the independent outlets. So I had the greatest burglar I've had in a long time at a you know, neighborhood deli on a corner, you know. But yes, more and more chains, do you know what I mean? It's you know, this is the way it's going. Unfortunately, you know, mom and pop under pressure.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: So what about the bars? Did you did you find any any good drinking holes that you could say I could? I could, I could park myself here like norm on Cheers and uh and drink here on a regular basis.
Speaker 2: Well, I found a place.
Speaker 5: A cigar bar, believe it or not, where you can actually smoke cigars indoors.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, they've got the I haven't been to one, but I know that they've got them. They got little everyone's got a little locker and a little key, and they keep their cigars in there.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 5: We just went in there and bought a cigar and smoked it in there. You know, it's a great place. And I ran into former heavyweight boxing contender mister Ronaldo Snipes. Okay, fought Larry Holmes for the Heavyweight Championship of the World and was robbed after he floored Homes in the seventh and the referee took thirteen or fourteen seconds to make a ten count.
Speaker 2: Homes got about up off the floor.
Speaker 5: And stop Snipes in the twelfth at a gymnasium in Pennsylvania in nineteen eighty six. So dear old Ronaldo, he wasn't sore about it, even though he'd been robbed at the Heavyweight Championship of the World. It probably would have lost it again Homes on a rematch. But great to meet a heavyweight legend like that in a cigar bar in New York.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, Larry Holmes is from eastern Pennsylvania. When you drive in there, to coal mining town just outside of Philadelphia, and there's a big billboard that you're driving on the highway with Larry Holmes giant and says Eastern Pennsylvania the home of Larry Holmes. So he's that's their number one.
Speaker 5: That must have been where that must have been where Snipes fought him, somewhere near there, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, coal mining Allentown, Eastern.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: But you know, Ronaldo Snipes to call it was good. It was great to meet him, met him in the cigar bar.
Speaker 4: You know, did he fight Jerry? Did he ever fight Jerry Cooney? I think he didn't.
Speaker 2: He good question, look it up, Yeah.
Speaker 1: He could look it up. Yeah, the great White Hope.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, yeah yeah yeah, cases boxing, you.
Speaker 4: Know yeah yeah, he was the great White Hope. Jerry Cooney, the last White Hope.
Speaker 5: So there's been a kind of trade off in New York between safety and I don't want to say diversity because that implies something else altogether. These days, I'd rather say a trade off between sort of safety and you know, sort of general color and sort of beat nick this in other words, that the city's been cleaned up, Manhattan's being cleaned up.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Brooke, where are you Brooklyn? You're staying in Brooklyn?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: I was staying sort of lower midtown area, you know, Gramercy.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, yeah, still talk elections.
Speaker 5: Or anything like that. No, you know, no, nobody's worried about twenty sixteen yet, you know what I mean. It's way off the agenda, you.
Speaker 4: Know, yeah, yeah, yeah, They're starting to heat up down here as the candidates will be appearing one after the other in the coming weeks. They'll all be announcing their candidacy.
Speaker 5: Well, like any American city, one of the things that struck me most of all is the homelessness.
Speaker 4: You know, Oh, it's bad. San Francisco is really bad right now too. I heard. I think this is getting worse by the day.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: I mean going to theay.
Speaker 1: Since I was a teenager and I've watched it just exponentially explode. I mean, oh yeah, you.
Speaker 5: Can't find a single candidate who says anything about it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It's like, let's Bombarran.
Speaker 5: What's the solutions of the drought problem in California?
Speaker 1: Bomb Ran? Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Yeah, American politics has just got so absolutely us about face. It's unbelievable, you know, no attempt to solve any of the problems at home. It's all about what we can do to fuck up the paper we're supposed to fuck up, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just to take your attention off domestic by doing a bombing raid somewhere. It's a tried and it's a tried and tested formula.
Speaker 5: Bas I mean, there's no fast rail link to JFK from Manhattan, even in London. These days, we've got a fast rail link from London to the airport fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: I took the subway to JFK from downtown Manhattan and took down forty five minutes somewhere, and it took three trains ware to fifteen minutes from one had to walk along a platform two feet wide at one point.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I mean? With luggage? Actually nonsense. Supposed to be a modern city.
Speaker 4: You know, yeah, yeah, it should take what I mean On the Piccadilly line from central London to Heathrow. It's about fifteen minutes, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Sure, But I mean in addition to that in London now you've got a very fast train from Paddington takes fifteen minutes, you know, yeah.
Speaker 2: Rail you know.
Speaker 5: And what's more, there's nothing to praise about UK public transport. But compared to America, you know, I mean, I know, Patrick, you these days, if your arm is twisted.
Speaker 2: You come out as a libertarian Republican.
Speaker 5: But republican objections to public transport in the United States, I just share par in the face, you know what I mean, they're just absolute nonsense.
Speaker 2: You know, they'll be building structure in the States anymore.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they haven't figured out a way to rape the taxpayer yet on public transport projects, but they're working on it. As soon as they figure out a way they can absolutely rape the tax payer forever, they'll they'll be starting, they'll start doing them.
Speaker 5: But well, there's a sort of fundamental objection to anything that generates anything for the public good, it seems, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's yeah, there's that. Yeah, it's it's so far behind it, it really is. There's there are some public transit systems that work really well. I don't know, hasher what about the You know that some of the train along the Pacific Coast, some of the rail services, some of them are decent, you know, from Los Angeles up through Ventura up to Santa Barbara and some of those other commuter links.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've got a couple of good light rails here that you know, hit the capital city and down into you know, Mid cal And you know, we have the Amtrak system, which is you know, way better than the New York subway system, I'm sure, but still a hassle. And you know, now we're starting to see TSA agents pop up at all these places, and you know that's the main reason I want to avoid the airport. I don't want to be groped.
Speaker 5: And still no direct rail link from Lax to the city, even though they're extending the westbound branch of whatever it is, it doesn't go as far as Lax. You go to Lax, you got to get in a car. I mean, it's absolutely prehistoric.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, Los Angeles is diabolical, really, it really is. And you know, Los Angeles had the best public transport system in America back in the nineteen twenties.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 5: It was all ripped out at the behest of the oil companies pretty much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I think Ford or General Motors as well, so they gave them a bus system after that, but they had a wonderful trolley system that. Of course, the development would have worked its way around that system had it been allowed to continue and develop them exactly, the residential areas would have been built around us. Now, when you took that out, Los Angeles became a decentralized megalith monster of a city that you can't make headertails of it now. I mean, it's just crazy.
Speaker 5: A third of the great a third of the land mass is the Greater Los Angeles area is tarmac for roads.
Speaker 4: Yeah, i'd see that's conservative, it's probably more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, great.
Speaker 5: I mean something else I saw somebody posted online is for them for the money that's been spent on the walls in Iraq and Afghanistan, you could have installed solar panels on every household in America.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's true. Yeah, and then some yeah, and I.
Speaker 2: Mean no, no, I'm a huge fan of solar panels. But it's just like who's running the show, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: It's like, well, there's no money in building or you know, collecting energy whatever on your roof. The money is in money and wrong, you know, there's reconstruction money it's it's it's the economic model where you blow things up, then you have to replace the ordinances because they need they need replacing and restocking. They cost a couple hundred thousand per bomb or a million for a cruise missile. And then you have the rebuilding contract for whatever you blew up, and then the security contracts to go around to protect the rebuilding operation. I mean, this is a genius economic formula. Basel. This is wonderful. I mean, there's.
Speaker 1: Lots of profits to be made.
Speaker 4: You know, I think it's absolutely revolutionary. What a great uh economic model? Yeah, how can how can you fail? Boy?
Speaker 1: That'll that'll keep money in the investors pockets want it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you build some you knock it down, you build it again. You k not get down and blow it up, knock it down. You know it's great. Oh, it just works so well for certain people. Not for the people who were unfortunately in that building, of course, but you know who cares about them? I mean, these are just the unwashed masses running around like insects and vermin from the eye in the sky's view anyway.
Speaker 5: Well, there's a great the great mass of the American public. I mean, you know, right, their way up through the echelons of middle class and upper middle classes. Site they just basically work hard. You know, Americans work hard. They get up early and go to work in the morning. You know, New York's not exactly a sort of party city these days. You know, the clubs close early. Compared to London or Europe in terms of sort of nightlife, it's the days of the eighties and the studio whatever it was, and that that's all gone. You know, It's it's very much a workaday city these days. It's it's Europe that has this sort of the alternative seed in the nightlife. America's been very subdued and has become subdued in the last twenty years since the Reagan era in terms of all turnative culture.
Speaker 4: You know, well it's making a comeback basil. I mean, the heroines becoming very trendy on college campuses. You know, heroines back in fashion. Obviously, the price has gone down low enough that students can afford it, thanks to our or in Afghanistan since two thousand and one. That's really helped the global opium and heroin markets so that they can support an affordable product for US students and so so instead of but you're right, Basle, So the party is happening in their bedrooms, you know, they're they're shooting up and getting strung out. It's not it's not like the good old days where they went out and raved together.
Speaker 2: You know, that's what it's the privatization of pleasure.
Speaker 4: You know, you got it. I love that. Oh, yes, exactly, the privatization of pleasure, Basil. That's genius.
Speaker 2: Thank you, sir.
Speaker 4: I love that. You You. From henceforth you shall be credited with that stuff. I agree.
Speaker 2: It's a book, isn't it. Really. It's a book title, you.
Speaker 4: Know, that's a it's a you can tell a business.
Speaker 2: It's a thesis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a privatization of pleasure.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I see that as a major piece of literary work going forward in the twenty first century, along.
Speaker 5: With consensus for you know, it's consensus reality and the privatization of pleasure.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's that's New York these days, you know, And it's very much that you know, a homeless guy. Well, that's your fault, mate, do you know what I mean? You short of fucking work things out for yourself?
Speaker 4: Fuck you?
Speaker 2: You know, that's basic unless.
Speaker 5: You're sort of a Christian or somebody who genuinely feels to reach out. It's like, you know, so you and it's very sad that that's the prevailing attitude, to be honest, you know, yeah.
Speaker 2: Because it's so evidence on the streets the homeless. You know, LA is just as bad.
Speaker 5: Of course, people move to LA who are homeless. You spend your last fifty bucks on a bus ticket because it's warmer there, you know. But for a society as wealthy as America to see such evident homelessness every few yards on the street is just incredible, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, in my experience with the homeless in California was you know, when I was in college, I was like, you know, I was trying to feed them and whatnot. But then I realized quite quickly, and my my bubble was burst. My reality bubble was burst quite early when I realized that they weren't looking for food handouts.
Speaker 2: Well, of course, I mean, you know, but.
Speaker 4: That's another issue about chemical dependency or alcoholic yeah, all that.
Speaker 2: You can always blame the homeless for homelessness, you know.
Speaker 4: But well it's not their fault. It's a lot of vets I mean, how sure how many of these guys on the streets are war military veterans, like a very high percentage.
Speaker 1: Well tons of them, tons of them, especially here in California. I see them all over the place, you know. And you're right, there's a lot of really destitute people who it's really not their fault. But you know, now, we also have this other class of homeless people. These the like young, entitled and uh you know, the private pleasure seekers if you will, who feel like they just have this FTW sort of mindset, you know, and that means f the world, fuck the world FTW.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's really nihilistic. It's very nihilistic. And these people, you know, I've seen these guys and gals go up to people on the street and say give me a dollar or you know things. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, and they get really confrontational. And these are these we're talking people that are between the ages of seventeen and thirty here, you people that are able bodied that definitely were not military veterans. So it's there's also this like trendy homeless type of crust.
Speaker 4: Ball these days here. Yeah. Yeah, that's well. In Britain we have a somewhat version of that. It's kind of like that aggressive homeless chav. I don't know, Basil, if you run into any of them, but they you have to cough up. I mean they're they're feel like they're entitled. They're quite aggressive. It's almost like a business. Really, it's a job in a way, that's their job. And well, yeah, yes.
Speaker 2: Yes, indeed they were.
Speaker 5: And of course you hear the stories about, you know, the homeless guy who's actually collecting, you know, three hundred dollars a day and going back to a nice apartment.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, no, actually there was a guy, do you remember.
Speaker 2: But at the same time you can also spot.
Speaker 4: People, yeah, a Basil, do you remember, I mean, if you're how good is your memory? Nineteen ninety ninety one, ninety two. If you ever went to a Kadilly circus or the Tower of London, there was always a guy that made the rounds. He looked like Jesus Christ and used to sit there in the lotus.
Speaker 1: Position with the beery.
Speaker 4: And he was famous. Everyone knew this guy. He was Jesus. And I don't know if it was one of the newspapers or someone who hadn't done a story that he lived, he actually lived in Philadelphia and he come over on a six month tourist visa and he was some I don't know, he was making like three or four hundred quit a day cash and back then that was a good that was a nice wage.
Speaker 5: Actually, absolutely, and of course there were you know, there are these sort of.
Speaker 4: That's a freak, it's a freak story, but it's nonetheless it's an extraordinary story.
Speaker 5: And I just absolutely, but you know, these people are always a good excuse to sort of say, oh, well, actually there's no how this problem. Actually they were all just uh, they were all on the make and taking home fifteen hundred dollars a day, you know. But you know, you can tell by looking at somebody when they're absolutely on their apples or not, just from the shared overall physical, spiritual, emotional, mental condition, the person that approaches you or that is in front of you, you know, and in ninety nine cases out of one hundred, you know automatically that you know, one's own situation is ahead of a lot.
Speaker 2: Better than theirs, do you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: So it's very easy to sort of go, well, you know, he's a pro or something, or you know, he's buying you to this and I'm getting ripped off. But the Christs say is in a civilized society, there shouldn't be that amount of absolute destitution that you see on the streets of Laja City. And you know, the United States could solve the problem with a near wave of a hand and compared to what's spent on foreign wars and this, that and the other, but there's no political will to do.
Speaker 2: So it's part of the whole, you know.
Speaker 5: Increasingly elitist and ultra wealth distribute, you know, ill distribution that's with Western societies now. I don't know if you know about it. Russell brand the you know, the Great White Home of the British Revolution.
Speaker 4: From one Saint Russell.
Speaker 5: He's were apparently voted the third or fourth most influential person in Britain.
Speaker 1: I don't know that. Says a lot made a.
Speaker 5: Film recently called He's made a new film called The Emperor's New Clothes.
Speaker 2: I think that's what it's called.
Speaker 5: The trailers available on Facebook or the things if you hunt around for it, and basically it's about wealth distribution and he's having a bankers Now, I mean, it's all fine for Russell he's got plenty of money himself, but.
Speaker 2: He's trying to have a guy out the whole.
Speaker 5: You know, the fact that you know, I mean, even since the seventies or eighties, the distribution of wealth has become increasingly skewed towards the super rich, and the fact that most people aren't even aware of this, and.
Speaker 2: It's actually the way damaging to society.
Speaker 5: And you know, I mean, I don't know how people feel about that or Russell brand, but or what part it's going to play in the election for that matter in Britain, because we've got a major general election coming up.
Speaker 1: And yeah, well you know, we in the moment.
Speaker 5: If you put a gun to my head and said who's going to be the Prime Minister of the election, I'd say its probably gonna be David Cameron. Again I'm afraid to say, but you know, nothing said in Stone yet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm going to put my money behind Teresa May. I think they're gonna go for Hillary. Do a Hillary. That'll be to show up a flimsy coalition of some sort. But back to the homeless redistributional wealth thing. You know, we might be having a very different conversation today had the US federal government in Britain too, not gone for the bailouts after during the housing crash, So that would have sent shock waves through the kleptocracy, greed based bubble inflating psycho banking community, and it didn't happen. In fact, the opposite happened. The worst possible outcome happened, which is that the government ponied up to pay all their bonuses for the next four years, so they rewarded them for counterfeiting and fraud and other things.
Speaker 1: You know, they just got rewarded for it. Unbelievable.
Speaker 5: But to use another of my favorite phrases, Patrick, there's no there's no less money around now than there was.
Speaker 2: Ten years ago or five years ago before.
Speaker 1: There's more money. There's more money around, well.
Speaker 2: A lot more money. It's just in few hands. Sure, yeah, it's just in few hands.
Speaker 5: And if there was to be a major risk of redistribution of wealth in favor of the poor and against the ridge, that would mean a massive increase in consumption, in consumption of jet flights, of cars, of all the basic things that people buy. So I can't now I'm thinking that the elite want to keep the you know, the poor paw basically for reasons of their own kind of eugenic and environmental agendas, because there was a danger in the nineties and in the early two thousands everybody flying around the world all the time, consuming huge amounts. Everybody a massive consumer that's going to result in increased environmental destruction. You know, I mean, the planet cannot sustain seven billion affluent consumers period.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Well, it depends how they're consuming and what they're consuming as well. You know, if the combustion engine is the be all end all, you know, the petroleum combustion engines the be all end all, which I don't think it is personally, but that's what industry has mandated for the better part of one and a half centuries now, then we have a problem. But if we had gone you know, the first electric cars, the first cars developed by Henry Ford or whoever was an electric car right. Tesla was working on a battery solution for that as well, and Thomas Edison was involved in that, and that all went out the window very quickly. And then you have the standard oil monopolies and they took over the automotive industry, and that's where we're at today. We haven't we haven't progressed very far, still getting lousy mileage as well.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 5: The electric cars are finally coming back, you know, Nissan. Yeah, they are facts to getting into them, of course, you.
Speaker 1: Know they are.
Speaker 4: But the problem is to produce one of those electric cars or to power to charge up the batteries on any of those, you're going to have more CO two is going to have to be burned or more carbon. So so again we have the the base load power issue needs to be addressed and worked on, and I think there's a lot of potential solutions out there that are being mothballed. Uh it's it's a complete catastrophe of endeavor right now, and it's there's no coordination and whatsoever. But there's also a lot of suppression of technology.
Speaker 2: Absolutely absolutely that's.
Speaker 4: Not going to help us in the long run really.
Speaker 5: Which brings me on to the question of the California drought.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, Well we have to differ to.
Speaker 5: Belong the point of just like, oh, this might be a problem in years to come or somewhere. This is like California, hooe ran out of water in twelve months time.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Hesher's in California. So Hesher.
Speaker 4: I remember hearing this California drought thing about six times while I was growing up in California, and we never even had hardly any conservation mandates, household mandates or anything. I mean, so, is this just something that keeps coming up periodically as a news story or what is it?
Speaker 1: That's what it feels like to me. I mean, I've I've been here my whole life, and you know, there have been certain times, like Santa Cruz, for example, they were not allowing people to wash their cars or to water their lawns at certain times a day. But I don't know that that was even being enforced by anybody, you know. And plus, I mean I drive past some of these reservoirs all the time and the aqueduct, and the aqueduct is constantly moving water south. It always looks full. And the reservoirs are being emptied to companies like Alhambra who are dipping into them for all their bottled water.
Speaker 4: Okay, interesting, Yeah, You've.
Speaker 5: Got Nesle bottling water up in the Sacramento Valley and selling it to people, and the protesters up there. Now, you know, at the Nestle water bottling plant saying hang on a moment.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's that famous quote.
Speaker 5: It's all over Facebook, the CEO of Nesle saying water is not a human right, it has to be bought.
Speaker 2: But just in terms of the sheer, geology.
Speaker 7: Geography, whatever, you know, the story is that, you know, it's got really serious now that even if there's a massive rainfall in the next twelve months up in the mountains and everything, it's got.
Speaker 2: To a point beyond which we used to as a usual news story.
Speaker 5: Now correct me if I'm wrong, but my Californian friends are saying exactly that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, there is a lot of truth in that. I mean, up in the Sierra Nevada foothills, in locations where I'd hang out, we used to get hardcore storms, I mean full on winter storms, snow, you know, windstorms, power lines down. And for the last four years straight it has been virtually dry winters. I mean we've had very little rain here this year. So I mean, the the signs of you know, lack of rainfall are definitely here. But you know that gets that leads me into, well, what the heck's going on up in the sky up there? I mean, I have been watching these planes spraying the most absurd amounts of stuff over the coast here, and today they were doing hook patterns. They were making question marks and things that looked like the letter P and the letter Q and you know, okay, so some people say, okay, well maybe it is weather modification. If it's weather modification, where's the rain, you know, if that really isn't yeah their modification program. Is this being done to California? Where why?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, exact good question hasher good question. It should be making rain and not stopping it from raining. But that's something that there.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: It's funny how it's being punted around very gradually. I think I saw first reports in twenty thirteen where they're talking about, well, the geoengineering this one, we're really a good idea. We're going to start testing this out, and we think that you are all the good benefits that we can achieve from geoengineering. And of course they've been doing it for the last fifteen years. So this is how whenever you hear these things, like like with the French plane crash, perfect example, but they Wolf Blitzer comes on CNN four days ago and says, you know, a good idea would if they had planes that you could remote control from the ground, and that would keep these sort of disasters from happening in the first place. And of course that's been standard on every Boeing and airbus since nineteen ninety six, So they don't want to talk about the fact that's already in there. Then they start introducing it now, it means they're going to have to admit it at some point and then they'll say, who, we've got this now. But they've had it all through nine to eleven because of course they don't want to talk about it. Just like geo engineering, they've been doing it forever, but now they're saying, oh, well, this would be a good idea, you know, reflect the Sun's rays back out into space by putting aluminium particles and bury them up in the lower atmosphere. What a wonderful thing that could be. But it's a big it's a business. All that stuff costs money. Put those planes up cost money, spraying costs money, pilots cost money, maintenance costs money.
Speaker 1: Someone's making money.
Speaker 5: Well, the whole German when crash is you know, a big question mark. Basically, I mean, I've heard people saying that it crashed rights close to the Superhater collider, that it was something to do with that. I don't know about that, you know, but it's a coincidence and the crash near there, that it's an attempt to sort of stigmatize depression or gain some further control over air travel, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Well, it may be completely genuine.
Speaker 5: There's this guy when nats and through the plane into the mountain, who knows what I mean.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, there's definitely opportunity, opportunism after the fact.
Speaker 2: But yeah, exactly as always.
Speaker 4: I think personally looking at this case that it's very improbable that the official story is what happened. And also they're having problems coughing up by the evidence of to support the initial claims, even about his mental illness. I still haven't seen any evidence to that effect that's really solid. A lot of innuendo, a lot of hyperbole. But you know, how they find them. How did they find the flight record of the first black box within less than I don't know, eight to ten hours from the crash, and they say it's going to take months to find the second box. I mean, it's incredible. So they got everything they needed to kickstart the narrative within hours of the crash, which is the story of uh, you know whatever, I mean, it would crasher. He said he might lose his job. That's why he was depressed. I mean, come on, it's just that.
Speaker 1: Does to believe. There's no GPS units in these boxes too, Like, why would they not put a GPS.
Speaker 4: PingER in all these boxes. Well, the pingers get activated when it's submerged in water. Okay, so there is no PingER. So and normally for a land crash you wouldn't need it PingER because obviously you just shift through the crash site. Yeah, things in one trail, Yeah you can find it, you know. But so there's no transponder on in the in the black box itself, which is interesting. That should be anyway, right, But so yeah, it's I think they their first crew on the scene, Like cops when they come in to do a raid. You know, the first cops in have the bag of drugs in the pocket. They just toss it or have the gun to toss, you know, say oh wait, we're being shot at. There's the gun. It's got no prints on it, but hey, so they come in with the black box so if you check the condition of the first black box that they allegedly found on site, it probably is not going to have a whole lot of dents. And I don't know, I solve. They put out stock photos of a mangled black box and I think it's from another crash. That's how deceptive the news coverage has been because they couldn't get a picture of the real one. So the result is everyone thinks that, oh, there's the mangled black box that was found within eight hours of the crash that had the the guy banging on the cockpit, let me in and whatever in German. Uh. And they could hear the breathing of the of the pilot not talking as he was descending. But they also if you check the standard as well, and all the cockpits is ATI system. This is a colorless, odorless gas that's designed to calm down pilots. In large doses, it can render someone unconscious. Oh god, So if you think he wasn't talking but was breathing regular patterns, that would suit the ATI system. And so of course I haven't heard about anyone talking about that on the news, or about uninterruptible autopilot, which is uninterruptible. It means it can be controlled remotely. And when that and you know, it's funny. When the uninterruptible autopilot is triggered, two things happen. One of them is the communications cut off between air traffic controllers and the cockpit. That's number one too, the transponder is turned off. And I always thought that's weird. Why would you disable those two features? Why is that a good idea at all? It seems like you would want to like have secondaries for all those systems. So that should tell you. That should tell you what the uninterruptable autopilot is really for. So that's my understanding of this. So anyway, we'll see if the truth ever comes out, but just deconstructing it from the technological of what's on these planes as standard issue. Then of course the Israeli airlines they don't have it on theirs, and I think I'm not sure if there's one of the airlines they have it stripped, I'm not sure. But yeah, it's interesting, very interesting. You won't hear about that much on the news, though.
Speaker 2: No No.
Speaker 1: I talked to a guy out and about today and we were small talking and he made the comment, well, boy, I don't know if I'm going to want to be flying the airlines anymore. And I said, well, you know, the airlines are the safest way to travel statistically. And you know, by the way, did you do you know about the uninterrupted autopilot boxes or the ATI systems? And he said no, I never heard of that, you know, And I briefly I gave him a you know, elevator's speech on what those two things were, and he just like you could just see his eyes glaze over, and he walked away and he goes, well, conspiracy theories abound. And I said, well, it's not really a theory. You can look up the patent number on these things, sir. Nothing to see here, Move along and go back to sleep. Go take your xnax. Yes, yes, it was definitely a Xanax warrior.
Speaker 4: Take your pills. Yeah. Well, you know, that's another thing, is that if this guy was so called on depression or diagnosed with depression, he would have been on psychotrope antipsychotropics or whatever, or psychotropic serotonin uptake reenabitors whatever they're called SSRIs, right, and no talk about that, you see, but that would have been that you think that all these great newshound journalists would have go to the pills by now you know.
Speaker 1: On the insert that it could cause suicidal, homicidal thoughts and you know, things not recommended for coked.
Speaker 5: The same with the shooters, isn't it. It's the same with the shooters. They never talk about whatever pills it might have been on unit shoot.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So you can derive two things from that. The first thing you can derive is that the first leg of the story is bogus because there are no pills. The second thing you could derive from that is obviously the big pharma doesn't want any mention of this in any situation of any shooter or suicide guy or whatever talking about what drugs are on or Whitney Houston in a bathtub or whatever, because that's going to their share prices are going to dive because they're thinking, oh, class action lawsuit. You know. Yeah, but those are those are all the guys buying all the advertising on all the networks now. So they're the biggest source of revenue for probably every major US network. So I don't think there's going to be a whole lot of digging into their products in any of these accidents. I just have an instinctual guest there that that's not going to happen. But that's bad for business obviously. So yeah, if you take away the drugs drug companies, raytheon, Northrop Grumman, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, that's like ninety percent of your ad revenue. That's war and drugs. I don't know, I think I don't know.
Speaker 1: You you made a really good comment on Sunday Wire when you were talking to Field McConnell two. That really stuck in my mind, and that was basically that especially for someone like Field, you know, who has been a military aviator and then had a career in aviation, you know, someone who is that type of professional. I mean, this is a person who has put everything into their dream. You know, becoming a pilot is not an easy thing to do, and once someone achieves that dream, it's very hard for me to believe that that person could be painted as, oh, he's really depressed because you know, a girlfriend left him or whatever the story was, and he decided to you know, crash himself and two hundred people into a mountain. Have I just don't buy that. That's not the type of personality that you would get from someone who could pass you know, Annapolis and Naval Flight Academy and work for you know something, except for m Yeah, John McCain doesn't count. No, No, you're not have been flying anything.
Speaker 4: No, you're right top of the world. You're living the dream. You're you're you're a pilot. I mean, how how awesome is that job? I mean, and it's so easy to fly those aircraft as well. I mean it's a no brainer. So all you have to do is take off in land. I mean, everything in between there is pretty automated, and it's great. You know, you get the chicks, you get to stay in hotels.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 4: You know, let's say, maybe it's a little stressful now and again, and that's why a lot of pilots hit the booze. So it's not off, it's not regular a regular occurrence. You know, you'll see them at the bars and airports knocking back a few. Maybe that's not good, but but they've been doing it forever. And you know, the airline safety statistics are incredibly until the last couple of years, there's been more more crashes in the last couple of years than ever before, and there must be a reason for that in terms of statistical trends. There has to be another reason, not just bad luck, considering the overall record of the ava industry is superb. So that's what Field was talking about. So, yeah, they want you to believe the unbelievable. All these a lot of these stories believe the unbelievable, and that's the norm. Yes, it can happen in the Hollywood film, and it can happen in real life. Yes, unbelievable can happen. Nine to eleven can happen. It doesn't make any sense. You can't explain it by science or physics. It's just a credible coincidence. But it happened. And to expect crazy impossible things to constantly happen. You know Adam Lanza, you know whatever, ninety five pound, bug eyed teenager can handle multiple heavy assault weapons and reload in half a second and hit all his targets without any bullets being lodged on the walls. You know, it's Hey, it sounds impossible, but in this wacky, wacky world, it's perfectly feasible. Believe it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, believe I heard they burned his house down. Not only they burned the school down now. But now they've taken his place of residence down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you ever lived there to begin with. Yeah, really, I don't know, Basil, have you been following this Yemen business? I'm not sure Basil might have stepped away hesher. The Saudis have been bombing the hell out of Yemen, and they hit the Russian embassy today supposedly by accident, of course.
Speaker 1: Ooops.
Speaker 4: But this is where it's going, this is where things are heading.
Speaker 1: I guess that's what happens when you let the Saudis do your dirty work, eh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I mean the US. I think they hit the Chinese embassy during the bombing of Serbia in ninety nine, I believe, or nineteen ninety eight, ninety nine, they hit the Chinese embassy, and obviously we've been probably been paying reparations for that and behind through the back door ever since. But that's the risks.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, did you hear about the Russian embassy, Basil. Saudi's hit the Russian embassy today in Yemen by accident? They said, what do you think about that? That dangerous?
Speaker 5: Well, the Saudis play a very dangerous double game all the time, you know, I mean they never recognized as the state of Israel. For years, they were sort of supposedly the most anti anti Zionists of all.
Speaker 2: It's totally refused him. But yet, according to.
Speaker 5: Various sources, the Saudis and Israelis have high level intelligence cooperation in these days because they have common enemies in otherwise, the Iranians. You know, So when you read Saudi, what are you actually reading or you're reading American and Zionist interests, do you.
Speaker 4: Know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Or are you reading she had Muslim interests? What you certainly are reading is defense of their own interests, because well, you've got to remember with the House of Saudi, is that it's basically a fiefdom, you know, basically just an extended family that have grabbed hold of a whole land mass. You know, why should that it only came up one hundred years ago, the House of Sound, you know, why should the House of Saud all that land and all that oil and control all those people and.
Speaker 1: M Yeah, why why isn't it called Arabia domestic tatorship?
Speaker 2: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Why is it Saudi Arabia? Why not just Arabia?
Speaker 2: Because it's the House of Saud. It's a family belongs to It's like England being called Windsoria.
Speaker 5: You know, or rather Saxico Burgothia, or America being called Bushier.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well Texas is no, You're You're absolutely right. And there's there's another thing.
Speaker 2: If Jeff gets it, you might as well call America bushier. Do you know what I mean? Yeah, bushier Clintonia?
Speaker 4: You know, yeah, Clintonia has a kind of interesting Yeah, yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Can joking apart, that's what That's what Saudi is. You know, it's a fiefdom. It's a private fiefdom.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is. And there's another aspect to this that I guess if you have been to the region you might some people might not know. A lot of people do know this anyway, just from watching and reading. But if you go to Saudi Arabia, no one works. Okay, no one works. There's a few people that do administrative jobs, and there's people who have titles and government jobs, but they actually don't do anything. And there's a kind of an underclass that performs just about every single task you can imagine. So the job of the average Saudi is to wake up, to eat, to sleep, to eat, and then to go to bed again, and a few other things in between, just general things. But they don't do any work. And their oil business is completely run by the Americans, with a few British and a handful of French and a couple of other foreigners thrown in there. They do. Saudi Ramco is really a joint venture between the government of Saudi Arabia, I think, and all the major seven oil companies American. They do everything, so we basically practically pull it out of the ground, put it in the in the pipeline, put it on the boat ship it, and all they do is take their cut. So if we have them completely at at our mercy the United States and Britain, if we pulled out there, they would have no money. We could free also freeze all their assets in City Bank in New York overnight if they ever went off the reservation. But they do have a few cards that they hold. But the main thing to understand is that all the emirate countries where you don't work for you make the money. It comes out of a tap. They take the money. They don't work. Very few people are ambitious and want to actually, you know, do anything. They like building things, but obviously with money. Now you go across the Persian Gulf through Iran and these are grafters. These are people that not only these people that work and do amazing things with their money. Okay, this is competition economically, and if you still to this day some of them.
Speaker 2: It's been point you know, it's been pointed out.
Speaker 5: It's been pointed out recently in the negotiations with Iran. Iran has never attacked another country.
Speaker 2: In its history. Although the current regime is.
Speaker 5: Rather fundamentalist in its interpretation of Islam, Persia was the cradle of a lot of Western intellectualism, you know, alchemy, philosophy or sorts of ideas came out of that cradle of civilization. As they certainly claim, they've never been an aggressor to anyone at all, which is why they're so uptight about the fact that if they agree to all the Western demands for the cessation of their enrichment program, that sanctions re stopped immediately.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, because it's.
Speaker 5: An assumption by the West that somehow their program, of the the nuclear program is for aggressive But that's just an assumption, there's not not based on anything at all.
Speaker 4: You know, it's a pipe train there's no proof that they are pursuing or have a nuclear weapon, and that so the people who believe that, the people believe that think that they shouldn't be allowed to last another day as a sovereign nation. In other words, we should bomb them. We should bomb them because they're up to no good and they're spinning centrifuges under the concrete under the streets of Tehran. I mean, give me a break, right, So, and as if, as if you could just you know, even if you had a bomb, you wouldn't be wiping Israel off the map because you'd kill all the Palestinians in the process. I mean, what a stupid, idiotic idea, right, That's that you just can't hear enough of in Republican circles in America, Benjamin NETANYAHUO and anyone else who's dumb enough to sort of fall for all that. So it's just ludicrous and childlike understanding of the realities.
Speaker 2: It is. It is absolutely ludicrous and childlike.
Speaker 5: But it's it's very worrying that it is actually a prevailing ideology because it's it is it belongs in a home for the criminally insane.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm going to agree with you there. It's fueling a lot of instability. It's it's it's flirting with the Third World War. They're even blaming, they're justifying the bombing and slaughter and Yemen. I mean, this is a slaughter right now. You see the body bags are piling up civilians.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's right, that's a Problemly, you know, that's a proxy war.
Speaker 5: Apparently the people they're bombing are somehow emboldened or supported by Iran, you.
Speaker 4: Know, allegedly allegedly, but you know there's some they got The who thes in in Yemen have some major religious differences with the Iranian brand of Shiit Islam, I mean, irreconsirable differences, I would say. So to suggest that there's somehow being puppeteered by Tehran is a crazy idea. Okay. The bottom line is the US. The real puppet was the president. Hadi is a US Saudi puppet and he was overthrown. Okay, so that's all bad and horrible, And Saudi rebus want to protect its integrity, its borders. They weren't attacked or anything. It's bullshit. Okay. Now Now in Ukraine, uh, the same situation you have rebels in the east of the Ukraine. But that's not okay there, you see for the US, and it's allies, no, no, no, they have to smash that. Or or in Syria, oh the rebels are okay there for the US. You know, that's okay. It's uh, the illegitimate government in Damascus about Charles sat So it's this theory of relativity that US has with it's what it says is okay and not okay. And it's foreign policy and it's it's even more confusing.
Speaker 2: All the basically boiled down to you.
Speaker 5: Either you are a total client state, or you are prepared to go along with whatever we say and at worst of stain.
Speaker 2: In the in the United Nations, or you will be subject of regime change.
Speaker 4: Pretty much, it's like.
Speaker 5: A sort of positive neutral but just about tolerated or regime change policy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's colonialism without the name, that's all. It's total control and submission, that's it. So so yeah, so you know they have a the puppet gets overthrown and they're now blaming the Iranians, which is bull and they're invade, bombing and invading a country that never attacked at Sara Arabia's in the coalition. That's a that's bought bollocks as well, because there's no coalition there. They're saying all Egyptians sending in troops and Pakistans and troops. To make things more confusing, you have a right wing talk show radio guys in America, the biggest shows in the country, that are blaming Obama for the war in Yemen. Okay, So just to confuse you a little bit more. And that because he's friendly, he supposedly loves he's Iranian lover that's what Michael Savage called him today in Iranian loving whatever a couple of other words he used. And he's responsible for Saudi Arabia bombing and invading Yemen. So you have idiocrisy extends into the media and so the people don't have a freaking clue what's going on because no one reads anyway. So, I mean, I saw a story Hesher Basil. I don't know if you saw this story. It was Russian Russia sending weapons to the Mexican drug cartels, some sort of proxy invasion in Mexico. Okay, that done. That made the rounds, and I was even asked by people about this story. There It just came to me over the weekend Nevada saying, oh, my daughter, have you heard about this? And I said, that's a fake story. And they said, well, how do you know? I said, well, first of all, it's not in any of the news services, not any reputable website. There's people pedaling lies online and it's making its way into the hardcore of tea party groups and places like that. People believe this stuff. It's unbelievable how many fake stories have made it through, you know, and so you have this is a dangerous time. There's some real lies that are being punted around that are just designed to make people a friend. That's all that's right.
Speaker 1: Hey, Patrick, our show goes till ten, right, Yeah, okay, check it out. I would not be a good host if I didn't bring my one thing. I'll try to be brief with it. And I've got Spore here too. She brought something. I think, do you want to bring your thing to the show Tonight's spore? Oh.
Speaker 8: I have a few things, but they might take a while, so you should.
Speaker 5: Go with yours.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll go first. And you know, we're also having a pretty good shot room tonight. We've got a bunch of regulars in there. Ryan g is down to participate. I know Dick Rubens down to participate. So this is working out really well. But I'm gonna go ahead and bring my thing and we'll see how much time is left. We'll try to stick to our clock tonight. So here's my thing. One of the largest data breaches in history was revealed back in February. Health insurance giant Anthem acknowledged that its computer system had been looted and pillaged between the dates of December tenth and January twenty seven. Now, this hack puts at least thirty seven million people in California at risk. And as an example of the kind of things that were leaked, we have names, dates of birth, email, employment records, member IDs, social security physical appdresses, and BINGO social security numbers. Oh no, Now, this obviously means that all of the Anthem and Blue Cross affiliated corporate and medical IT systems are putting almost forty million people in the crossairs of identity theft. And this is becoming a thing. We're at a point now where we've had let's see, we had court ventures compromise two hundred million people eBay one hundred and forty five million people, Heartland one hundred and thirty million people, TJ Max ninety four million people, AOL ninety two million, Sony seventy seven million, JP Morgan seventy six million, the US military another seventy six million, Home Depot fifty six million, and ever Note fifty million. And I'm one of these victims that I'm not happy about it.
Speaker 5: Can I just chime in quickly here with something comparable in the UK, which is a big story of the last forty eight hours, is the sale of data about pensioners and people with various illnesses, basically selling your medical records and personal.
Speaker 2: History, et cetera.
Speaker 5: Just as you've said, for as little as ten cents per head, as much as thirty or forty cents per head, but basically you know, telephone number, address, medical history, et cetera, all sold by private companies so that you can be the target of unscrupulous drug companies ringing you up or other people are claiming to profer solutions to whatever problems you have, but basically selling the selling the personal details of vulnerable people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's not a good it's not a good deal. I mean, I could have been. I could be a victim of identity theft right now as I speak.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 4: And I've lost a few passports in my stolen from me in fact, standing at hotel checkouts. And I'll make sure to God, I'm.
Speaker 1: A member at at least three of those those corporate entities that I mentioned, including Anthem, you know, and these people take so much from us, they're declining in level of service. The laws have shifted from protecting injured and sick people to protecting the companies, and you know, and they put this blast out to their to their customers saying, we don't really know whose information is lost, but you could have been in there. And and I'm here to say that's not true. These people, they I think they know darn well whose information was compromised, but they don't want to tell specific people they've been compromised, because then they're liable to pay those people when their identity gets stolen. And you know, this way, they can't people can't sue them individually.
Speaker 4: Well i'd go I'd go to I'd still assume individually, Yeah, just go find it, find a lawyer to take that one. I mean, you can get them under the Terrorism Act. I mean they're terrorizing you. Yeah, basically, I mean, I don't know whatever.
Speaker 1: Check this out, man. I got a letter from Anthem and they basically told me that if I really want to protect myself, I should put a hold on all of my credits so that I would not even be able to apply for, you know, a loan or a credit card or whatever not that I'm looking to, but still to be to completely blackout my what would they call that in the movie Falling Down?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: My, I would I would not be financially viable. You know, I'm the one that takes the onus for for them losing my PII, my personally identifiable information.
Speaker 4: Well, you know what Rudy Giuliani would say answer to this would be, that's why you need LifeLock.
Speaker 1: They offered me LifeLock, dude, really competitor to LifeLock. They said I could get a two year uh all clear ID protect from my identity because of their screw up.
Speaker 4: I take it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, this is kind of a crossover sport here.
Speaker 1: Speaking by the way, I say hi to Basil Spore.
Speaker 8: Hi, Basil, welcome back to London.
Speaker 2: Great to be with you.
Speaker 5: I just want to add one quick thing about this whole identity theft thing and the whole sort of thing is that it kind of boils things down to sort of like who the fuck are you? Do?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 5: People are just sort of reduced to a number, an address, a social Security number, a date of birth.
Speaker 2: All that's for sale, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: It's sort of part of a complete dehumanization process of the mass populace, if I can say.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's super super creepy.
Speaker 6: And that's kind of what I was just going to bring up, is that I recently had to fold and sign up for Obamacare so I didn't get a six thousand dollars tax penalty, so I signed up for that in January.
Speaker 8: And it's super.
Speaker 6: Creepy because they're crossover in between you know, your credit report and then your taxes and then your medical history.
Speaker 5: And so right, yeah, you just become You just become, you know, on the phone to god knows who, whether it's your bank or I mean in the UK, of course we still have National Health Service and God, but you just become a combination of mother's maiden name, birth date, a couple of other security questions, favorite football team or something, and that's who you are, and your whole sort of like record is then instantly available like that whoever you are, you know, and that's for sale, you know, and as soon as it become vulnerable, that becomes cheap.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: And the name of your first stuffed animal. That's one of the seriously, that's one of them. That's my security questions.
Speaker 8: But a lot of them are like what's your favorite sports team? Like there are so many, like what's your favorite video?
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, what's your favorite brand of condom? I mean, it's just when does it end? But the someone's if someone stole my identity. I had just thinking about that, if I found out who it was, and if I thought they were, like, you know, making money, I just wait, wait, wait until they got enough money in the bank, and that I'd make my move, do the withdrawal, you know, bring the real passport, take all the money out.
Speaker 8: That'd be sweet if that could happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So I call, I'm trying to figure out how to pay my Obamacare bill yesterday, and I had to. I mean, you know this, all this talk about how stupid the Obamacare websites are is so true. I mean I had to spend. I'm just trying to pay the freaking bill.
Speaker 4: Right, So what's the monthly if you don't mind me asking?
Speaker 8: Mine rate now is two hundred.
Speaker 6: But I might have to update some of my I might have I assume that because everything is so connected, that I'm going to have to update some income information and that might change shortly. So and I'm mean it's ridiculous because you have to go through figure out what what your Obamacare is called in whatever state you are, yeah, through sign up for it, and then they give you whatever insurance company. And of course I ended up with Anthem, Blue Shield, Blue Cross, And so I'm trying to figure out how, I mean, why is this hard for me to figure out how to pay my bill?
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I took you.
Speaker 4: You must not want your money. They don't want your money, right, they don't want you to pay because they.
Speaker 8: Want me to pay so that I can pay a penalty for a correct.
Speaker 2: This.
Speaker 6: I end up finally at the Anthem phone number and I get a five minute message. I mean, I'm not even exaggerating. It was a five minute message about this fraud. And there's no the fraud thing that's going on. You know your identity has been stolen. There's no way for me to get to just how to pay my bill. I have to listen to a five minute brief on that in English, and then one in Spanish, and then one in Vietnamese, and then finally it says, if you want to talk to somebody about fraud, press one, and then there's silence. I just want to pay my bill, so I press one because I just want to connect with somebody, and she's like, yeah, you just have to wait for a really long time after it says that, press one, and then eventually you're going to be able to find somebody that can, you know, you can pay your bill with. But yeah, I just sign up for Obamacare and apparently my identity has been stolen from everything I can understand about it.
Speaker 4: Really wow, How can you find out if your identity has been stolen? What is there any service or a website you can go to? Do you have to pay LifeLock?
Speaker 8: I think it's like you have to.
Speaker 6: You'll find out when you apply to get a car loan or to buy a house, or to you know, get any.
Speaker 8: Sort of credit.
Speaker 6: You know, then you'll find out, oh, your credit's totally screwed because somebody's been hitting it.
Speaker 4: Oh interesting and interesting. So if you check, if you check your credit rating, you should be able to find out that way, right, I don't.
Speaker 8: I really have no idea.
Speaker 4: Hope we've got to get an expert on the show sometime to explain this. It would be really helpful.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The only people I've ever known that have had it happen, they don't know until it's too late and somebody has, you know, locked them out of their credit card or got a new credit card in their name or something like that.
Speaker 6: And then once that's happened, of course, there's not not just hours, but day's worth of phone calls and writing letters and faxing and trying to prove that you are the person that you are because somebody else, who you know, from what, who knows where in the world, has taken your information.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's funny. There's another guy who's got my name, who's like same age, and because I can't get my own thing on Twitter because I have to use another you know, he's Gazumpani, right, imagine how dare And so I don't know, maybe maybe he's been been shopping on my ID all these years. You better check with your credit. He's married, he's got kids, everything. Man, he's got the whole name. I might just show up one day. What do you reckon? I think you should. Yeah, I'll just show up one day, pay him a visit. We'll go bowling and we'll talk about it, negotiate.
Speaker 1: Excellent. Hey, guys, we are at the ten o'clock mark, and I think it's time to all of the show. Thanks for coming in, Patrick and Basil and Spore and rgib, Dick Rubin and all the other people in the chat. Thanks for being there. And h Rgieb. I'm sorry to get to you, and you are definitely going to be on next week. We will will put your topics into the boiler. What do you say, Patrick?
Speaker 4: Sounds good? And I think we got a couple other people going to join us next week as well. So yeah, it'll be Uh'll be heating up, be heating up next Wednesday.
Speaker 1: We'll heat up the boiler. We'll do it again, all right. Thanks everybody out there at ACR land for joining us, and we will see you next week. Don't forget to check out Sunday Wire every Sunday nine am Pacific twelve noon Eastern and of course all the other shows on ACR and come hang out on Saturdays. We we just kick back and play music most of the day on Saturday evening, so it's always a good day.
Speaker 4: Goodbye for me, say you.
Speaker 1: Think Basil Valanie so much? Bas Yes, goodbye.
Speaker 2: For me, and goodbye from him.
Speaker 1: Goodbye, goodbye, Basil. All the best funks, all the best good rocking