Speaker 1: Hey, here we go, Peta, good morning. This is Ed McMahon. And now ladies and gentlemen, Dee Ron Ryan.
Speaker 2: Do I love that Friday chant? Good morning everybody, Rob Ryan show.
Speaker 1: Check it in free beer Friday. Thank you specs.
Speaker 2: We have beer for you straight up at six, seven, eight and nine.
Speaker 1: Man, we're busy today.
Speaker 2: I'm just looking at my sheet, my rundown sheet. Here Steve the Breadman, huge morning for him. He's gonna try to make it win number five till he put some great concert tickets in there.
Speaker 1: Are you gonna be?
Speaker 2: Are you gonna keep Steve the Breadman out of the Hall of Fame?
Speaker 1: That's who I'm looking for.
Speaker 2: I'm looking for a stone cold killer today to play the game six twenty.
Speaker 1: Around six thirty five, I'll start with some.
Speaker 2: Fun facts, then we'll flash back to one of them from yesterday. That'll get you the shiningdown tickets. Don't forget bushes on that show.
Speaker 1: Risk It for the Biscuit? Last day? Is it the last day?
Speaker 2: We're gonna play Risk It for the Biscuit at seven twenty Depending on what happens, all right, I'm just gonna leave it at that. I'm not gonna tell you I'm gonna say anything else. I'm just I'm super excited. You can win up to one thousand dollars cash today seven twenty Buzzfest tickets at eight twenty, Alternative Income early in the nine. You know it's the whole last hour is you guys open phones Friday and then we'll leave you with our last pair of three day weekend passes to ACL. So all just massive prizes and things on the show. I think we're gonna play a new three Days Grace song today that might be.
Speaker 1: Coming your way at eight twenty. I gotta look up that ten.
Speaker 2: Percent chance of rain partly cloudy high of eighty three today. Good morning, mo Morning Houston's headlines.
Speaker 3: We aren't even Catholic that I was cheering like I was yesterday for the pope, right, That's all.
Speaker 1: That's all I cared about America. That's why I was cheering. I was USA. USA.
Speaker 3: Cardinal Robert Prevost was elected Pope Leo the fourteenth, the first American born pope. His friends knew him as Bob and I can't hear that, and some claim he was a surprise pick, but in reality he was voted in after one of the shortest waits in history. So, I mean, I think that's great for him. And the memes were.
Speaker 1: Amazing, the memes all the pope.
Speaker 2: We have a pope that's been the Walmart. I mean, everything was funny to me. Yesterday Chicago had a pope before a four thousand year had passer.
Speaker 1: Oh No, everything was.
Speaker 2: So Chicago centric yesterday. We're playing sweet Home Chicago. Right now, I thought Chicago. But I think the biggest bombshell yesterday is the Cubs jumped on at first. But just assuming yeah, and everybody Chicago assumes that everybody's a Cubs fan. There's a whole nother baseball team over there. And a pope is a White Sox fan and may have been at one of the White.
Speaker 4: Sox games when they.
Speaker 2: Swept the Astros. No, he may have been at one of those ways.
Speaker 1: Not only at a White Sox fan, he's an Astros hater.
Speaker 2: First pope that attended an Astros game. You want to look at it that way, Alex, Yeah, you can look it up.
Speaker 1: Okay, I like it. What else?
Speaker 3: A trade deal between the US and the UK was announced yesterday, working together to boost the economic ties, and the deal cuts US tariffs on cars, specifically from twenty seven point five percent to ten percent. So even if you don't know what's going on with arras and stuff, you understand that that's a big number.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 3: It also affects steel, aluminum, Boeing planes and beef. You've been warned. Mother's Day is Sunday, y'all. Do not mess this up by your gift. Send her a freakin text message. Spend some time with your mom if you got her, and even if, in this crazy economy, spending this weekend for the holiday is projected to be up. So you don't want to be like the person that lets your mom down right, do something for her? Hey, do y'all remember earlier this week when I tried to give that Jennifer Anison guy like the benefit of the doubt, like a like avel seventy year old man. Maybe he just accidentally ran into her gate.
Speaker 1: He knew what he was doing. I was wrong, and I admit that. It turns out the dude.
Speaker 3: Left voicemails, sent emails, even posted on social media claiming that Jennifer Anison was his bride. He's currently undergoing a mental health evaluation and I just want to apologize. Uh, you ever lose your cool in front of us celebrity?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have once or twice? Was it embarrassing? I've been starstar.
Speaker 2: The first time I met Gene Simmons in The Kiss Maker, I kind of lost myself a little bit.
Speaker 3: You kind of freeze up. Maybe, yeah, say things you don't like. You don't know what's coming out of your mouth. That's what happened when Irish actor Barry Key again.
Speaker 1: How did I do? I don't know. I don't know how to say his name.
Speaker 3: He's going to play Ringo star in the New Beatles series, and the opiration for playing that role he went to Ringo's freaking house and he said he couldn't even look at the guy like any fan.
Speaker 1: He just froze to the point that it was so awkward that.
Speaker 3: Ringo was like, dude, you can look at me like it's fine. So Barry's visiting, they're learning about each other, and Ringo played the drums for him.
Speaker 5: Wild.
Speaker 3: I love that story. It's so sweet and so humbling. Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: So I don't know if you know.
Speaker 2: There's four Beatles movies coming, four of them. Each guy is getting his own movie.
Speaker 1: That's cue.
Speaker 2: So there's all there's each one has their own actor playing them, and they're going to release these things in theaters.
Speaker 1: So wow, I think why I always say Ringo is going to need the most help me. He is the best beetle.
Speaker 6: Though not it just doesn't this tension hot take. But now's the greatest beatle. Do you have any sports drum boy, he's the best. Astros are back in action tonight. They're gonna open up a weekend series with the.
Speaker 4: Red dik in Park Huntry Brown VI on the mound for the Stros going up against Cincinnati's Nick Martinez.
Speaker 1: First pitch that sev.
Speaker 4: You can listen to it on our sister stations, Sports Talk seven ninety and News Radio seven forty kth. In the NBA playoffs, the Timberwolves blew out the Warriors one to seventeen to ninety three. Timber Wolves didn't have to play Steph Curry. It would have been awesome if he could have got hurt during the Rockets series.
Speaker 1: We helped us ole a little bit.
Speaker 4: In hockey, Stanley Cup playoffs continued last night. The Capitals beat the Hurricanes three to one to even up that series. That a game apiece and the Oilers got by the Golden Knights in overtime five to four. In soccer Houston, Dino FC returns to the pitch tomorrow night to play the Seattle Sounders at at Shell Energy Stadium. That's gonna kick off at seven thirty and you can watch it on Apple TV.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sport. Here we go four hours of pain free beer Friday.
Speaker 2: First phone caller is going to be our first beer winner today. Chiley, open up the phone lines seven to one, three, two, two, five, five, Let the games begin.
Speaker 7: Manday. He got a free Briday.
Speaker 8: He got a free Bamn Briday.
Speaker 7: He got a free Bamn Briday, Free Bam Friday, Bam Friday and.
Speaker 1: Friday. There we go Friday. Good morning, rob Ryan Show, Good morning. Hello. Who we got here?
Speaker 9: I sus Cassandra from Rosenberg.
Speaker 1: Your call her tend you got the beer today? Come up, you got the first case of beer, Cassandra. What are you doing up so early?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm always up early. I'm an early bird.
Speaker 2: Okay, superior people, you've heard me talk about this before. You are one of the chosen ones to get up early, to get things done, to get things started. All those people moping around getting up late. You're a superior person and we're gonna reward you with the first case of beer.
Speaker 1: Where are you're from. I'm from Rosenberg. I met to you. What if you and the Chubby Bunny contest? I'm sorry, which contest?
Speaker 10: Said Chubby Bunny? I go also by Tassie.
Speaker 1: You were in the studio with us, Yes.
Speaker 2: I was, of course, I remember. That's awesome. Of course you're a superior human being. All right, well listen, enjoy your beers, whatever you got going on this weekend.
Speaker 1: I want you to have a great weekend. Okay, you do, Thank you, Thank you. Cassandra so good to have you back on. She was in here for Chubby Bunny. How would you like this?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna start you with this this morning because we're gonna be really, really busy. I don't know what I'm gonna have time to get to. I talk about like getting up early.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 2: I do believe that we are the superior ones.
Speaker 1: Okay, I do.
Speaker 2: Scientists have pinpointed a genetic mutation that makes some people perfectly fine with just four hours of sleep. There there are people that roam the earth. Now I am not one of those I do. I do function you kind of are. The reason I bring this up is because we may have cracked Alex his genetic mutation.
Speaker 1: Now I know there's more of you.
Speaker 2: Will tell me you have some mutation that makes you need at least eight to twelve. I survive on six six, Yeah, can get about six. Yes, what is your I don't know anything about your napping schedule.
Speaker 1: I mean you got two little kids, so I mean it's non existent. It used to be really awesome.
Speaker 2: Did you ever ask Chilly about his naps?
Speaker 1: I don't want to know. We'll get in. I can tell that.
Speaker 2: He's getting where Alex. Scientists have figured you out. You might have a genetic mutation that you only need four hours of sleep a lot.
Speaker 1: And you've now I don't know what this does.
Speaker 2: To your organs and all the other things, but I'm talking about the functionality.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 2: There are people that can absolutely get by with just four hours, which I don't have that now I don't, But I do what I can with the six that I get. Guys, Steve the bread Man, does he get into the Hall of fame?
Speaker 4: Mo?
Speaker 2: Does he get into the Hall of Fame today? Or does somebody come in and clean his clock.
Speaker 1: I'm sure. And for Carbs, you think he's going to get it. I think he's got this.
Speaker 2: Okay, And then shout out to Wendy his wife, Wendy Shining Down tickets and Homeroom on the fun Fact flashback.
Speaker 1: Skit for the best Spirits.
Speaker 2: How much did you win yesterday? Five five, five hundred dollars? It was a junior and senior. Junior and senior. We're playing the game Buzzfest tickets at a twenty and then yeah, Alex, you confirmed new three days Grace at eight twenty, all right, so three days Grace at eight twenty and then I'll probably push some Buzzfest tickets to after that. So, I mean, that's just some of what's happening today on the show. We're going to be very very busy on this free beer Friday. All right, Desandra, we'll get you your beers, we'll take a short break, we'll come back, we'll do a rec check, we'll find out what's trending with Alex, and then we'll get set up for the game. Red Man, hope you're up and ready to.
Speaker 11: Rock Houston's Rock Houston's Alternative and helme at the rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four five The.
Speaker 2: Buzz, Welcome back, everybody, Free beer Friday, up and running, one case of beer down, Thank you, specs.
Speaker 1: We'll have beer for you straight up at seven, eight and nine.
Speaker 2: Getting ready to go for the fresh out of head, head to head, Big morning for the bread Man. Okay, so today ten percent chance of rain, partly cloudy, high of eighty three. Tomorrow forty percent chance of afternoon showers.
Speaker 1: Gonna keep it a little cooler seventy eight. It will be the high.
Speaker 2: And then for Mother's Day? Did you know that Mother's Day was on Sunday? MO knows that ten percent chance of rain, mostly cloudy, high of seventy six.
Speaker 1: Alex P. What's trending? Pope?
Speaker 4: Leo the fourteenth is trending pretty much. America is the greatest country in the world. We now have a pope and suck it rest of the world.
Speaker 2: Well, so that's a that's an odd we're talking about. It's an odd message for that subject matter. But Okaye, fucked CMA Awards. They were last night, Mo, what happened?
Speaker 3: The Backstreet Boys did a collab with Rascal Flats and I had to stay up till ten pm.
Speaker 1: To watch it. I wish nofe is a highway and yeah, some Backstreet Boy songs. Did Lady Wilson win? She won a lot? Yes, Alan Jackson.
Speaker 3: He performs anyone like a Lifetime Achievement award. He's his health is very shaky, so this is very emotional.
Speaker 1: And then Cameron Kinsey is trending.
Speaker 4: She is a Fox News panelist and she fainted live on area STUDIOH No, she okay, that's.
Speaker 1: Why people are talking about her. I do not know, but people are just talking about her. Cameron Cameron Kinsey, Cameron with a wif somebody's going to google that a meetia.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a lot of people are doing this morning, but that's I'm training a night by the buzz.
Speaker 2: Good morning, everybody.
Speaker 12: This is Steve the bread Man and I am You're fresh out of bed Head to head four day champion.
Speaker 1: I made me so much a little bit, but I promise my wife I'd give her a shout out after I won. Love you Baby, join me on free Beer Friday as a go for the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: Bitches seven one three, two, one two five nine four five youth. I just I need a killer. I don't need a filler. I need someone that's going to make this guy work for Windfoge.
Speaker 13: It's Free Beer Friday with Rod Ryan.
Speaker 5: I don't drink in the morning.
Speaker 2: Maybe ninety four, ninety four, five the Buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's show on a free Beer Friday. Six nothing over a ten percent chance of rain today partly cloudy hive about eighty three.
Speaker 1: So mo, you did stay up late. There was some Country music Awards thing last night. Yes, Backstree Boys, you know they're my jam Yes, and you.
Speaker 2: I guess they were billboarding it pretty hard that they were going to be on.
Speaker 1: The show doing a clap with Rascal Flats, and they saved it to the very last performance. Rod So you're up, you're waiting. You're waiting ten pm.
Speaker 2: If it was on at eight thirty or nine, you would have gone to Bedlands.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you literally waited for them. Yeah, I sure did. You can't like record it.
Speaker 3: It was one on Prime, so there might be a way to do it, But I don't know.
Speaker 2: You didn't think clips would be floating around in anet was outside? All right, all right, we got a game to play.
Speaker 1: Steve the bread Man, I'll see who's taking them on.
Speaker 14: And now It's time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge.
Speaker 13: Listeners to your corners.
Speaker 1: Breadman, good morning, everybody, Good morning, Breadman. You've never been in the Hall of Fame before. All right? Uh, oh, Alex.
Speaker 2: Give me some fish, Give me some fish. Jason, Hello, good morning, good morning to you.
Speaker 1: Are you fresh fish?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Unfortunately not unfortunately, dude, Hang on a second.
Speaker 1: Fish, A fish, A fish.
Speaker 2: Jason, Jason, you've never played? Oh boy, this guy's got double drawing. All right, wait a minute, da, Jason, you got double drops.
Speaker 1: Jesus Christ, it's Jason.
Speaker 2: Double drops for Jason fresh fish and the Jason Bourne drop. You've never played before. You've heard the game in the car. You know that Steve the Breadman is going for win number five, much like we have an American pope. It shocked the world. You could shock the world this morning by beating Steve the bread Man. Is that your intent here today?
Speaker 1: Absolutely?
Speaker 8: And I have my daughter with me who really wants to play.
Speaker 2: Well, here's what I recommend. I recommend you shouting out your name when you think you know the answer. What's your daughter's name?
Speaker 8: Shelby?
Speaker 1: All right, Shelby, Shelby.
Speaker 2: I need you I need you to cheer your dad on today. All right, Okay, I need I need you to say go dad, all right, Jason, No nice now, Jason. You need to shout out your name Jason when you think you know the answer. Steve the bread Man will also shout out his name when he thinks he knows the answer. Chili puts Summer of Loud tour tickets in there. It's a great ticket. It's the one that I prevail Bear Tooth, Kill, Switch, Engage and about four other bands. You have to shout out your name, Jason. You need to be quick. Steve the bread Man has been like beating people up this week. Mostly chicks, but he's been beating people up this week. Jason, are you ready?
Speaker 16: I got it?
Speaker 8: Good luck.
Speaker 2: Steve the Breadman says good luck to Jason. I don't think he means it. Question number one, which backyard feature often used for fun or exercise is filled with water?
Speaker 1: Jason, Steve.
Speaker 2: I thought maybe a guy named Keith called in. Yeah, Steve, Steve pool pool, swimming pool correct answer. That question had speeding written all over it. Nobody sped. Everybody waited to hear Jason. He got you on that one. You gotta chime in a little quicker. Jason, you're still there. Yes, I'm here, okay, dude, just making sure you heard me. And there is no Keith playing right, No, I could have swear I heard Keith, Like, what what just happened? Here we go for the win. Which suburb of Houston has a pavilion where concerts?
Speaker 17: Steve Woodland, Yeah, welcome to the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: Jason consoling his child. It's okay, baby, It's okay baby. We'll get him next time. What matters is we tried?
Speaker 2: I okay, Jason, thank you, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Steve the bread Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, buddy, you've been playing this game a long time. First time in the Hall of Fame. How does it feel?
Speaker 16: Oh?
Speaker 18: My god?
Speaker 19: Finally, Like everybody says, it's anxiety and the pressure and go ahead and take a back seat until the end.
Speaker 2: Of the year.
Speaker 1: Oh you'll learn this. Yes, tell me.
Speaker 2: When we talk to people like they get past this point, we put them on hold and they get into the Hall of Fame. Everyone, God, thank god, that's over. You know you're supposed to be having fun doing this, right, We are.
Speaker 1: Just playing a fun game.
Speaker 2: Complete question for those with the plane at home. The suburb, which suburb of Houston has a pavilion where concerts are often held, including Buzzfest the Woodlands. Steve the bread Man in the Hall of Fame for the very first time. I'm excited for you and you got great tickets, all kinds of things. Man, five days of winning, dude, so enjoy that.
Speaker 1: You and Windy.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have a blast. All right, Thank you, all right, man, thank you. All right, Monday, we'll start all over again. Maybe some fresh fish. But you too could be somebody like Steve the bread Man. You can be on with us for five days.
Speaker 11: The rod Ryan Show, Good Mornings on ninety.
Speaker 2: Four five The buzz Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. Thank you so much for having us on.
Speaker 1: I have to apologize to Steve the bread Man.
Speaker 2: You can keep the music in there, though. There's something a little funky going on here in the studio with recording his victory speech today. Somebody was in here. There's some definitely some weird things that are pressed that aren't normally pressed. Other people use the studio. Apparently once in a while I couldn't get his victory speech. But he's Hall of Famer number five. We said we would call him, we'll get the victory speech. We'll have it for you on Monday, and he said everybody was counting on that victory speech. Steve the bread Man, we will not deny you just it's gonna have to be on hold. But five days of winnings. The guy's been playing a long time. He's one of the rare people that gets up before us and he's out there working every day getting that bread out there. Great job today, Steve, Maybe this is working.
Speaker 17: It's the fuck back to the day. We make you look smart, everybody, it's the fun.
Speaker 1: Back to the day. No that one there we go. Okay, I think everything's working.
Speaker 2: Maybe hell you working, brother, I'm here, you're working today?
Speaker 20: Very rak.
Speaker 1: Yeah you don't have a tie on how I don't even know you? Sorry, you don't have a tony never heard so.
Speaker 2: Yesterday one of your stories, Mo was talking about the traits that women from this like infidelity website.
Speaker 1: The top traits that they look for in dudes. Muscular was one, Bald was two. That's all I read.
Speaker 2: Bald, beat out like a full head of hair. I don't know about that, but I'm gonna roll with it now. The best way to avoid going bald is castration.
Speaker 1: It didn't work.
Speaker 2: When they castrated people. Nobody went bald back in the day. Really, Yeah, as long as you have your testes removed before you start going bald, you won't lose your hair. If you get them removed after you start losing your hair, you won't grow back what you lost. So it's it's already too late. So if you think you're gonna go bald, just get rid of your ball bag and then boom, you'll have a wonderful head of hair, but you'll have no testes.
Speaker 1: Who needs it's.
Speaker 2: Science, guys? Okay, I'm sorry you ever heard about science before?
Speaker 1: Geez, Madam to Saud's wax Museum. Yes, yes, I think.
Speaker 2: Madam Toussau the wax museum. They have all the wax figures, celebrity celebrity people right right right. Only the heads of the figures are made of wax.
Speaker 1: That's cheating. Anybody think that the whole body and I think that's not. Every piece of it was wax, yep, just the heads are made out of rocks.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I like to bring in fun facts every morning.
Speaker 2: Finally, there is a phony McDonald's in the city of industry. It's in southern California. It's a real looking and mostly functioning McDonald's and it's just used for filming.
Speaker 1: That's neat.
Speaker 2: Most of the McDonald's ads that we've seen were shot in that building.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's a prop made of wax.
Speaker 17: The fuck backs of the day. We make you look smart body, the bas to the day.
Speaker 1: It's not made of wax. Well, my hair grow back.
Speaker 2: You snip them early, you're too late. Might as well just keep those keep that low hanging fruit you got over there.
Speaker 1: Hoo, good morning.
Speaker 2: We're giving away shine Down tickets right now to the Dance Kid Dance Tour August twenty.
Speaker 1: Seventh, Toyota center back.
Speaker 2: What's a throbber? It never ends around us?
Speaker 1: What is what?
Speaker 2: What's a throbber? What we learned was a throbber? Now not what you're walking around what you think is a throbber? What is the throbber? Seven?
Speaker 1: One, three, two and two five nine four five.
Speaker 4: It's now time for rockout with your stock out with Captain Cash.
Speaker 2: Okay, Harold, how did we do on Wall Street yesterday?
Speaker 1: Not too bad?
Speaker 2: The Dow is up two hundred and fifty points.
Speaker 21: Yeah, kick off, this morning at forty one thousand and three sixty eight nasdak up one hundred and eighty nine. We're at seventeen thousand, nine hundred and twenty eight benchmarked in your treasury set.
Speaker 2: A four point three eight percent.
Speaker 21: In oil stands at sixty one dollars sixteen cents a barrel to the most active, the big studs Boeing, Walt Disney in Amex, the big duds Merk, Coca Cola, and Nicky Dies. The economic calendar this morning, it's all clear right now. Features they're on the upside. Hang on to this will be a positive loathing all right right here on Wall Street.
Speaker 1: That's it. I'm out here.
Speaker 21: This is hallan and managed director with Raymond James, reported for The Rod Ryan Show from Raymond James on San Fleet, Thun and Gusta and don't forget to He's a rock out.
Speaker 2: Will your stock.
Speaker 11: Outvimian's expressed are those of Helland and not necessarily those of Raymond James and associates in come Ember, NYC.
Speaker 5: As IBC, I ART Radio or its sponsors.
Speaker 11: The information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed.
Speaker 5: There's no insurance trans mention. We'll continue.
Speaker 11: This is not a solicitation, offer, or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end. This programs are educational and informational purposes on link. The studs and duds are based on movement, as reported by Honey.
Speaker 1: Four five The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Welcome back Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Sure, good morning. Who's on the phone here? Oh yes, sir, this is an Oscar tato Oscar. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: You sound great, Thanks for joining us in home room flashback yesterday we found out what a throbber is.
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 21: Uh?
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, that's the little circle thing on the computer that I let you know something's downloading. Yes, so term so smart. Yeah, thank you sir.
Speaker 2: Did you learn that on the show? You can be honest with me. Did you learn that on the show yesterday? Or did you always know that?
Speaker 1: Oh? No, I learned that on the show.
Speaker 16: I learned a lot of things on the show.
Speaker 1: I listen every day. Anything, man, Thank you? What did we say?
Speaker 20: Mo and it?
Speaker 2: Guys said it was the donut of death. Yeah, the death donut or something like.
Speaker 1: Robert for some reason, just sticks with you a little bit more.
Speaker 2: Yes, hine Down tickets, the Dance Kid Dance Tour Oscar.
Speaker 1: You're in dude, thank you, you sound amazing. It's ninety four five.
Speaker 2: The Buzz, ninety four to five The Buzz, my favorite band, my favorite song ever long ten percent chance of rain, partly cloudy eighty three on this free Fear Friday. You know, we got another case of beer coming up for you straight up at seven, eight and nine. But next hours, next hour is the big story. Is risk it for the biscuit with the tech his hammers. You could win up to one thousand dollars. That's all coming up. Buzzfest tickets in the eight o'clock hour, Open phones, Guys, we're leaving you with those ACL tickets.
Speaker 1: It's all big.
Speaker 2: Oh and then I forgot Alex says we got new three Days Grace.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which is funny.
Speaker 2: It's another single off of their album, but it's good.
Speaker 1: I already received a couple of emails about it. People have already heard it. Hi, mo morning, good morning. What are Houston's headlines? Please? Not even catholic. And we're all cheering for the pope.
Speaker 3: Yesterday our cheers shifted when we found out he's from the USA. Yeah, Cardinal Robert Prevost was elected and is now Pope Leo the fourteenth, the first American born pope. His friends knew him as Bob, and that's what I'm going to call him.
Speaker 1: I like that too.
Speaker 3: Some claim he was kind of a surprise pick, but in reality he was voted in really fast, the shortest weight, one of the.
Speaker 1: Shortest wits in history. Cheering for him.
Speaker 3: Hey, the House passed the bill to make the Gulf of America permanent the naming. It was kind of a close vote to eleven to two or six yesterday. And if the vote goes through and passes her the Senate, it's going to require all the changes to be made within six months. So every document, every agency, every map, it's going to have to change.
Speaker 1: They have to in six months. Yeah, okay, like all the globes for people still buy globes, you know, don't you have a globe sitting in your office?
Speaker 2: I have a globe in my living room at my house.
Speaker 1: Yes, I probably should. The kid asked where stuff is? She needs to be release, see where the smart where this stuff is? I don't know where stuff is?
Speaker 2: Actually a globe is pretty dope to have her on will.
Speaker 1: You buy me one?
Speaker 8: Please?
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you Christmas.
Speaker 3: A teenager might have published this study I saw this morning. Do not pass your old junker down to your new driver. That's the study. Oh really, it wasn't that like a rite of passage for kids. You get a crappy car when you first get your driver's license, and that's how you learn.
Speaker 2: Hey, Chili, is the interview up that I did with mo On links and guests. Did Bobby Jokes get that over to you?
Speaker 1: He didn't. I'll check what I'm in and I'll let you know.
Speaker 2: Should on the Rod Ryan Show YouTube channel.
Speaker 1: It might have gotten deleted it? Did I know what you're going to say?
Speaker 5: You?
Speaker 1: Emma Brat said you were a brady kid. Yes, you were handed a car, an old junker if you will.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was probably a couple of years old, right, Ask me if I was given a car.
Speaker 1: By the way, Rod, were you given a car when you turn sixteen?
Speaker 2: Why would you ask me such a silly question because you know the answer.
Speaker 1: I was not given a car.
Speaker 2: Okay, My sister was right, your boy, My older sister was given a car.
Speaker 1: Did you work for your car?
Speaker 2: I was not given a car, And what I cannot stomach to this day. What in my fifty five years around the sun, I cannot stomach some braddy kid not liking.
Speaker 1: The car that they were given. That was me, oh oh, does that hit wrong? Alex?
Speaker 3: I refused to get my driver's license because my dad gave me a crappy car.
Speaker 1: So I was like, deel drive mere accurate? Ough for sure. It turns out I was right. Actually, look at you.
Speaker 3: According to this study, it found teens are not safe if they're driving old cars, cars over fifteen years old, they're going to die in a fatal crash.
Speaker 1: Some kidd, did this study? Please? The genesis of the research? I need to crash. A rumor. The rumor was the Elon Musk fired Elmo. And it's a headline you've click on because you're like, what is going on?
Speaker 3: It's trending because there was a fake LinkedIn profile by Elmo Yes from Sesame Street saying he was fired due to federal budget guns and he was looking for work. Elmo worked for Sesame Street for forty five years. Pop of this stuff, he's opened a full time or freelance work.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: The company that owned Sesame Street came out and said this is not true.
Speaker 1: Listen, I'll say this.
Speaker 2: Outside of Twitter and Facebook, yes, I'd be more prone to believe what I read on LinkedIn than some of the other social media platforms.
Speaker 1: So I'm not giving a.
Speaker 2: Full pass to people thinking that Doge got rid of Elmo. But it's a smart move to use LinkedIn to pull that prank.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would say so, but I'm happy to squash those rumors. Tony Hawk, did you play the video game? Of course they did back in the day.
Speaker 3: It was a classic, right, Well, there's a new one coming out, a remake, new titles, new skaters, new tricks, new parks. But everyone is talking about the soundtrack that goes with this game. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater three plus four is set to release July eleventh. The rock heavy soundtrack is intriguing because it has Mastadon's Precious Stones, Motorhead, Alison Chains.
Speaker 1: I don't know, are you in, You're gonna do it, You're gonna play definitely. I know you're a gamer. We missed.
Speaker 2: I'm playing this because Motorhead is on. This sound is on the video game. Yeah, Yesterday is kind of like a low key what you had sink with Tobaio right, May the fourth be with you.
Speaker 1: The Sith, Revenge of the Siths. What was May eighth?
Speaker 2: May eighth? Ace of Spades? Somehow it's a motorhead day. They're really trying hard. They're trying hard to make it a motorhead day. So it's being shoehorned in there and it's not fitting.
Speaker 1: But okay, you tried, you tried. Those are Houston's headlines, taking alex Well.
Speaker 4: The Astros are back in action tonight. They're gonna open up a weekend series with the Reds at Dyke and Park Country Brown. I'll be on the mountin for the Stros, going up against Cincinnati's Nick Martinez, first pitch at seven ten, and you can listen to that game over on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety and News Radio seven forty k t H. In the NBA playoffs last night, the Timberwolves blew out the Warriors one seventeen to ninety three, and in the Stanley Cup Playoffs, the Capitals beat the Hurricanes three to one, and the Oilers got by the Golden Knights in OT five to four. In soccer Houston, Donald Webs is gonna return to the pitch tomorrow night where they play the Seattle Sounders at Shell Energy Stadium. That I kick off at seven thirty and you can watch that game on Apple TV. That is what's going on in sports, alright, guys.
Speaker 2: So every single hour of the show insanely busy, risk It for the Biscuit. Everybody's asking Rod is it really going away? We're gonna have to see how today goes. I'm not prepared to say anything else other than the working headline is today is the last day of Risk It for the Biscuit. With the Texas Hammer, you can went up to one thousand dollars. We'll be getting into that at about seven twenty. More beer, more everything, guys.
Speaker 1: The Rod Ryan Morning Show, six Am.
Speaker 11: The bus we goree Bam Friday.
Speaker 8: You've done free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday.
Speaker 7: You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday. Right Bam Friday, Rock Bam Briday, Free Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show. Hello, Well, good morning.
Speaker 5: Hi.
Speaker 1: Who's this Victor Dude? Your caller number ten? Yes, let's go, Victor.
Speaker 2: I got a case of beer for you if you want it.
Speaker 1: Oh, Cord, where are you from Houston, okay, Woolardbrook area.
Speaker 2: All right, daddy O, that next case of beer is going to you. I want you to have a great weekend. You got any Mother's Day plans this weekend?
Speaker 1: Or is it? Just got other things to do? Uh?
Speaker 18: To be honest, though, we have brunch today, so just chomping the puppy a dayca and probably do some bunch later on today.
Speaker 2: No brunch today, all right, brother, Thanks Victor, have a great weekend. Man, Thank you so much for listening.
Speaker 1: Bay, Thank you man. It's sick to.
Speaker 20: Come on.
Speaker 1: What are your Mother's Day plans? Like?
Speaker 2: Do you make it known what you want to do? Do you just wait to see what the day brings? How does it work in your house?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not really. I'm like, it's just another day. I have toddlers. Okay, they control the world.
Speaker 2: But does daddy and does daddy do the right things? I mean, yes, does the right things and puts the right thing, but he knows.
Speaker 1: I don't want to spend money on stupid things.
Speaker 2: Okay, flowers Okay, you think flowers are stupid?
Speaker 1: Yes, a waste of money because you throw them away.
Speaker 2: Cancel my ordered to my mom.
Speaker 1: Moms like flowers. I send flowers to my mom, my mother in law.
Speaker 2: My mom dumps does like flowers. Yeah, I don't think what you're saying is unique. I've heard this before. Some people absolutely just freak out of her flowers. So it's a little bit of you just got to figure out the person that you're with, right.
Speaker 1: It's a clout thing for a lot of girls. They're like, oh, look I got flowers. You didn't. I want to post about it on social media. Yes, that's your things for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we always talk about that, Like the guy that sends his chick flowers to the office. Yes, thanks dude, smart dude, band of brothers, go watch it. Okay, Like dude, now we're all yes, because she's she's carrying them around like the Stanley cup around the office, making sure that everybody sees that she got flowers. And then now we're all on like ugh. It's like when that guy mentioned his wife the other day. He's like, oh, I want to mend you know my wife, she's the best. And I'm like, okay, now that you said that on the air, now we all have to say something nice. Come on, dude, we're so selfish.
Speaker 1: Will you.
Speaker 2: Is it it in the restaurant industry, which is huge here.
Speaker 1: It's the busiest day of the year. Yes. My husband calls it a rookie holiday. Uh huh.
Speaker 3: So he does not believe in going out to restaurants on holidays.
Speaker 1: He works in the restaurant industry. I kind of agree.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know, so what are you gonna do? Hopefully, well, you said the mother in law.
Speaker 1: Kind of yeah.
Speaker 3: I would like to celebrate for her because she brought my husband into this world.
Speaker 1: I feel like you're really downplaying your mother ness.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not there yet. My kids will make me something. They write the poem where they fill in the lines, and that'll be funny. Okay, you know my mom is this many years old?
Speaker 1: Mad libs? Yeah, those are cute. When you know toddlers they say funny stuff about you. Yeah, okay, come into it. That's fine. Just leave me alone on Mother's Day. Sound like a dude. It won't happen. She sounds like a dude right now.
Speaker 2: This is the most dude you sounded all week.
Speaker 1: Really, Yes, I am kind of a dude. You'll learn that. Sorry, all right, Well, I hope you have a great Mother's dank you.
Speaker 3: Thank you for celebrating mothers. I'm thankful to have mine around. I will celebrate her flowers, yes.
Speaker 1: Which is weird.
Speaker 2: I thought I had my flowers my mom's up in New York. I thought I had the flowers delivered yesterday.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I didn't get any kind of a text or anything. I need to go check check the receipts. That's important. I need to go look at my email because I keep getting all the ill you were things. I did it. I know that I did it.
Speaker 2: I just feel like I should have gotten a little recognition yesterday and no text. My mom can text I don't know if she's there quite taking a picture of them, and then my.
Speaker 1: Sister will do that. She's like, oh the flower here's mom.
Speaker 2: Is not beautiful, right, but my mom can text me to say that they got there. And I did not receive that text. I'm a little sweaty.
Speaker 1: Let's call her. I'm a little sweaty, right. She likes to be on the air. She's very mean. Now, yes, he's very You're like, yeah, call her. She's like, oh what the hell you calling for? She sounds a little like this.
Speaker 5: Hang in there.
Speaker 1: You could win one thousand dollars. Yeah, my mom's the New York camer.
Speaker 2: Nice, guys, I'm working under the Today is the last day of risk it for the biscuit. You could win up to one thousand dollars. We're gonna get you guys calling in after the break. Okay, we're gonna get you guys calling in and one of you will get to risk it for the biscuit.
Speaker 1: How long are you gonna hang in there?
Speaker 2: I want to give away some cash today, guys that wouldn't go anywhere.
Speaker 22: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: All right, welcome back everybody. Thanks for joining us.
Speaker 2: I hope you're off to a great start to your day.
Speaker 1: Moms.
Speaker 2: I hope you are gearing up for the greatest weekend, the greatest Mother's Day weekend that you've ever had.
Speaker 1: Shout out to all the moms out there.
Speaker 2: Ten percent chance of rain, partly cloudy, high of eighty three tomorrow, about a forty percent chance of some afternoon showers. And then back to Mother's Day Sunday, ten percent chance of rain, mostly cloudy, high seventy six. Pretty nice day for the mom's out there, Alex, Before we get into it. You have some activities going on Saturday, and if you want to, I.
Speaker 1: Know you will.
Speaker 2: If you want to fold in all the moms, they can come out party with you, okay on Saturday night?
Speaker 20: Right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I'm gonna be a home run dugout in Katie from eight to ten. I got eight pairs of Buzzfest Take us thanks to our good friends and presenting spent sponsor.
Speaker 1: Of Buzzfest Neutral.
Speaker 4: We're gonna be handing out tickets probably at every fifteen minutes and come in, sign up, hang out with your mom, hit some baseballs. It's gonna be a lot of fun. I've never been a helm home run dug out before, but everybody is like, dude.
Speaker 1: You're gonna love it. She always been there, I've been there.
Speaker 2: It's a great place. Now I'll put you on the spot a little bit. Is your mom gonna come out?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna try to get her too.
Speaker 2: If you don't know, this animal, this awful person that.
Speaker 1: You sit here with, that just is a is a ray a ball of rage.
Speaker 2: Yes, most times was brought up by the most loving parents you could ever imagine.
Speaker 1: Where did they go wrong?
Speaker 2: I don't know, but she still will try to convince me he's such a sweet She'll email me every time he's going off on the air. He's such a sweet boy. Though he was so sweet means he was the biggest handful growing up. I can only imagine these parents. When I say that you would want, you would want? You would say give me those two. If you could pick your parents, you'd want those two.
Speaker 1: Why are you so ungrateful? Why is he so angry? Not angrateful?
Speaker 2: All right, come on out and see Alex on Saturday. Win some Buzzfest tickets. What's trending?
Speaker 20: Please?
Speaker 4: The new Pope is training trending all morning long. Pope Leo is what everybody's talking about this morning.
Speaker 2: He was Bob before. You're right, yeah, but now you got to go by Leo.
Speaker 1: Mother's Day is trending. People talking about getting ready for Mother's Day.
Speaker 4: Mother's Day shopping was also a trending, So I think some people are trying to get some last many gifts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people are sitting.
Speaker 1: On you for not already having your gifts, Freddy.
Speaker 2: Well, people are now experts on what Amazon will deliver overnight like you can even you can even adjust your search to overnight and prime only you know selections.
Speaker 1: Get on that if you haven't yet. And then Janine Piro is trending. Judge Judge Piro, Judge Pierro.
Speaker 4: I guess she is now the top prosecutor in DC who has Trump appointed.
Speaker 2: You know she she's a TV judge.
Speaker 1: I did not know that until this morning. Like a judge, she was trending.
Speaker 2: She's a judge, Judy type character. Obviously she was a real judge. She is a real judge. Then she had the TV show. Now she's on Fox News that show, The Five. She's sitting at the table with everyone.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, Well people were talking about her being appointed top prosecutor in DC this morning.
Speaker 1: That's what's trending at night by the buzz.
Speaker 20: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Like they've parodied her on Saturday Night Live before and stuff.
Speaker 1: They've done a very funny job of doing it too.
Speaker 2: Uh, last day, last day or is it now?
Speaker 1: It's last day? Last day? Risk it for the biscuit.
Speaker 2: It's been so much fun having mister Adler help us out with this game. I'm told that he likes it. I went to him again for the money to give to you guys.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll do it again. He likes it. He likes it.
Speaker 2: The Texas Hammer game is kind of adjusted. We call it risk it for the biscuit. Now, this is where we're going to light the fuse. You will be on the air with us. One lucky person will get through. Okay, you will tell us when to stop. If you tell us to stop at all, you tell us when to stop. You hear an explosion, you win no money. Okay, you hear an explosion, you win no money. You want everybody to root against you. I'll tell you right now. If there's an explosion, we're playing on Monday. No, if it explodes, we play again.
Speaker 1: I'm not leaving.
Speaker 2: I'm not ending this amazing week on an explosion. But I'll say this, how long are you going to hang in there for? Or do you just go for the whole thing? Do you risk it for the biscuit? What does Alex do on the last day? I don't know. I don't know what he does. I don't want to know. But I know he was hugged enough and that wasn't the case.
Speaker 1: What was your mother to Somewhere he went wrong? Don't worry about it.
Speaker 2: Seven one three, two, one two, five, nine four five and know when you're playing, the whole world is rooting against you so that they have a chance to play on Monday. Seven one three, two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 1: Do you have what it takes to risk it for the Biscuit? With Rod Ryan on ninety four five.
Speaker 2: The buzz I can't think of a better way to get into risk it for the Biscuit than to jump around with my friends a little bit.
Speaker 20: Come.
Speaker 2: You know what time it is, seven twenty on Friday. It's time to jump around with your pals. Seven one three two one two five ninety four five, ninety four five. If that doesn't put a.
Speaker 1: Big smile on your face, then I don't know.
Speaker 2: I can't do anything else. I absolutely can't.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five bus jumping around a little bit? Mos. I'll read this email. It's from Katie. She said, good morning Rod. My four year old son Cameron.
Speaker 2: We listen to your show every morning.
Speaker 1: His favorite day is Friday. Why doesn't jump around? How's the pain Day? He called it? Little kid?
Speaker 2: Doesn't call it free beer Friday, It's How's a pain Day? You play the song just before he jumps out of the car for school. I just want to make sure that Moe experiences her first jump Around day. Thank you, enjoy the weekend, and.
Speaker 1: Happy Mother's Day. So sweet, very nice. That's Katie.
Speaker 2: Then the other email that I received, we were having a discussion on the air. The subject line is precious. The text of the email is He's amazing, and that came from Kim Middleton.
Speaker 1: Alex not as hilarious. I love her. She has never missed the show since Alex has been on. I don't know, I'm gonna have lunch with her.
Speaker 2: So I'm assuming that she will be out with Alex on Saturday night.
Speaker 1: And that's in their hood too, So that's westside sidekay, Yeah, the best side.
Speaker 2: They'll be over there. You're at the home run dug out one time and you have a bunch of Buzzfest tickets.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. All right, that's great.
Speaker 2: Stop all right, guys, there was There's nothing more. The only thing that I love more than the House of Pain jump Around.
Speaker 1: Is giving cash. I really do. I love giving cash. That's great.
Speaker 2: We got this, you know, national contest going. I want you guys to win cash.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I want one of the elite that listened to the Rob Ryan Show to leave the show. Today winning all kinds of money. Alex has been behind the scenes in charge of all of this, So I don't know. You gotta like get be like Hannibal Lecter, and you have to get inside that head. And that's a head you don't want to get in, but you, but you're gonna have to. You're gonna have to invade that space short just for a period of time to figure out when's this guy gonna explode? Which could be any second. With Alice, Good Morning, ron Ryans Show.
Speaker 1: Who is on the phone? Bailey Bailey, good morning? How are you? I'm good? How are you? Good morning?
Speaker 2: I'm nervous for you. I get nothing. We don't get any of the extra like Alex is asking, hey, is there money left over? Can we have it? I don't know who told you that, Bailey, take all the money? Okay, today you're in for risk it for the biscuit. Have you heard how this has gone down this week? I have okay, only one person I think it was Tuesday that didn't get money. Everyone else has left the show with cash. Bailey, are you working with a number in your head or you're just going by gut? Are you flying the plane and you don't know where you're going to stop. I don't want to know the number. Please, I don't want to I never.
Speaker 1: Want to know that. Do you have something in mind?
Speaker 22: I have a number?
Speaker 2: You do interesting? Are you getting influenced by anyone? Everyone's had like some co pilot with them. There's been kids in back seats helping out. This week, it's been a little bit of everything.
Speaker 1: Bailey, are you? Are you flying solo? Flying solo today? Okay?
Speaker 2: I like the focus, I like the intensity. Let's go, Bailey, take the wheel. We're going to light the fuse, and you tell me when you would.
Speaker 1: Like me to stop. That's all I ask. All right, are you ready to risk it for the biscuit? Are you ready to risk it for the biscuit? Bailey?
Speaker 16: I'm ready.
Speaker 10: Let's do it.
Speaker 1: Last day? Or is it.
Speaker 23: One hundred dollars?
Speaker 1: That'd be my number. I'm out out. Two hundred dollars, okay, two hundred dollars.
Speaker 23: Three hundred dollars, four hundred dollars.
Speaker 8: That's a lot of money.
Speaker 1: A lot of money on a Friday. Have a great weekend with that.
Speaker 23: Wow, five hundred dollars.
Speaker 22: Six hundred dollars, it's a lot of money.
Speaker 20: Oh my god, dollar.
Speaker 9: No number was seven.
Speaker 1: I'm want to throw up right now that I want to borrow. That's the work, Bailey. Your number was seven. That was the longest. After six, After six hit, it just kept going.
Speaker 2: I just kept going, Oh my god, so something so something, so I did not know when it was going to explode. And then the explosion hit.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I'm gonna throw up.
Speaker 3: Sorry, Bailey, it's not.
Speaker 1: Even a T shirt. There's nothing, Bailey. That's it. Bye, good night, hurry, good night, Thank.
Speaker 20: You.
Speaker 2: What I'd like to announce to the rest of the world is we're gonna play Risk It for the Biscuit on Monday. Okay, I told you, and I told Bailey the whole world was rooting against her. I said, if it explodes, and I'm telling you, I did not think that was going to happen.
Speaker 1: Risk It for the Biscuit.
Speaker 2: We're going to play on Monday, and we'll give another one of you a chance to win some cash.
Speaker 1: We're going in overtime with the Texas Hammers.
Speaker 13: You are listening to The Rod Ryan Show on Free Beer Friday.
Speaker 1: It drink it, drick it, drigg.
Speaker 13: It must be ninety four five.
Speaker 1: Also listen to another one.
Speaker 2: The Buzz ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, Breaky, Benjamin, and Awaken. We're gonna have some new music for you today on this show. I know we just spent seven twenty jumping around. At eight twenty, you can still jump. You can jump to anything that we play.
Speaker 1: Jumping. Jumping is always.
Speaker 2: Encouraged strongly on this show. But we're gonna jump around to a brand new song from.
Speaker 1: Three Days Grace.
Speaker 2: Somebody had already heard it and was hoping that we were going to play. They sent me something early early this morning and I'm like, well, you're in luck.
Speaker 1: You are in luck.
Speaker 2: We are gonna absolutely play that song for you. So eight twenty we will have that for you. Make sure you're sticking around for that.
Speaker 1: So Alex is in charge of the risk It for the Biscuit.
Speaker 4: Stuff I put in is two thousands this week and knowing hit it and I can't just put a thousand in every day.
Speaker 2: On Monday put in the thousand, and nobody held out to the end, but everybody had a number in their head.
Speaker 1: With risk It for the Biscuit.
Speaker 2: We had two people walk away from the game with nothing, which is great news for the rest of the world because we will be playing risk it for the biscuit on Monday morning. Let's keep it right there at seven twenty a chance to win cash. I mean, the Texas Hammer gave me this cash.
Speaker 1: He didn't say, make sure you send me what's left over. He didn't say that. That's why I did it.
Speaker 2: Well, you don't get that neither. So we can play enough, we can play another day risk it for the biscuit Monday morning.
Speaker 1: It's tough for her man.
Speaker 2: I told her everybody the whole world's rooting against you so that they can so they have a chance to play on Monday. Mother's Day weekend. Guys, it's Mother's Day weekend. I know Mother's Day is Sunday, but I don't mind that. I don't go in for the birthday weekends. And I certainly obviously I don't go in for it's my birthday week what obviously I don't go in for my birthday month and birthdays.
Speaker 4: Are the lowest form of like achievement. It's like, I, your mother should be celebrated on your birthday.
Speaker 1: Your mother did all of the work. You don't want to just alive.
Speaker 2: Out of all the dumb crap that falls out of your mouth, that one was maybe the least dumb of the crap that falls out things. They aren't dumb Mother's Day, but sometimes Mother's Day should be every kid's birthday.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, I hate my birthday.
Speaker 4: I don't talk about my birthday when it's my birthday because it's.
Speaker 1: Like I didn't do anything. When's your birthday? Worry about it? Can I look that up?
Speaker 2: There is something annoying about people really into their birthdays, and like a birthday month. It's like to just say you want to hang out and we know nothing about mo and we're saying all these things birthday month.
Speaker 1: Girls.
Speaker 3: I like celebrating other people's birthdays. So like, if when I find out when your birthday is, I'm going to blow it out like water.
Speaker 2: But you're but you're We've come to know already. You're really downplaying the Mother's Day thing.
Speaker 3: Your two kids, Yeah, they think every day is Mother's Day they're toddlers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's really.
Speaker 2: Sweet Mother's Day activities. We know that the number one thing is going out to eat. The busiest day for restaurants. I believe in the entire year here in Houston, in the Houston area. This is coming from somebody that worked for years and years and years in the in the Papist Brothers in their group of restaurants. No, coming from someone else, a friend of mine. Oh, I was like, what this is coming from? On good authority that the busiest day of the year Mother's Day.
Speaker 1: I believe it. You have to suck up and show your mom the best of the best. Father's Day must be second, right, Nope, take them to a baseball game on Father's Day. You're lucky to get in the top five.
Speaker 2: Here's Pizza da Days Mother's Day activities for twenty twenty five based on the things that people are searching right now, the highest traffic spikes leading up to Mother's Day.
Speaker 1: And you just got to tell me how you feel about these because you're downplaying this.
Speaker 2: So I don't know all these like a pottery class.
Speaker 1: No, No, that sounds miserable. Pottery class. I get that experience, like I give that. Are you cooking class? It's better? Better? Yeah, because I like to eat. Wouldn't that be saying to your mom that she doesn't know how to cook? I think they try some pretty you know, different things. If your mom's like spanting your horizons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if your mom's making beef Wellington on the rag, then I guess that would be a downgrade for her. But if you're not getting that kind of food, I think they make some pretty cool things at these classes.
Speaker 1: They're fun and you can drink while you're cooking.
Speaker 2: I was surprised that this was number three. Pottery was number one as far as like searches looking for a gift for mom and like kind of unique kind of activity type things, because it gets hard, like buying your mom when my mom is now eighty seven and she's in a place where she can't have a lot of stuff.
Speaker 1: Now, it's not like like you just.
Speaker 2: Can't like add a bunch of crap to her house anymore. Very tough like buy things.
Speaker 3: Okay, would you like give her a plane ticket to come visit or like go to the beach.
Speaker 1: What does she like to do?
Speaker 2: I'm flying anymore. Brunch was number three.
Speaker 1: Okay, mom's like brunch, so you like that.
Speaker 3: It's because we don't have to cook, you know, usually we're the ones responsible for that, So give us a day to like not worry about it.
Speaker 2: Did you know that there's something called perfume making classes.
Speaker 1: There are yes, and they like how do you make perfume?
Speaker 3: Well, some of them will study like your pheromones, because you know, different smells cell smell different on different people.
Speaker 1: Do you go to a lab kind of really?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they can find out like what's the best sent for you?
Speaker 2: And then you make a perfume?
Speaker 20: Yep?
Speaker 1: Did they have this in town?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 1: Have you been? Yes, you've been to this? I have not. I wish I know the name of it. Yes, yeah, it's really cool. Did you walk out of there with mo D toilettes?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yes, it's a fun thing. That's unique. I like that idea.
Speaker 2: Well, I want mo D toilettes. Are we not packaging this stuff up? The rod Ryan Show care store is coming up. Wow, you need to get MOW.
Speaker 1: Colognees swipe up, buy it here. Molone? I like that? Yeah, host molon A little molon on your ears and on your wrists.
Speaker 2: Now drive the men crazy with them b alone wine tasting.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's a good one, right, that's a good one. Low on the list craft classes. How did pottery get to number one?
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't understand.
Speaker 2: Nicole, who does the pottery here in town. She probably was in on this, And then what about the sipping and the painting?
Speaker 1: No, wait a minute, no, I thought like that. I like you. No, you know you're just what are you going to do with that? You're not Picasso. It's gonna hang in the garage.
Speaker 2: Get together, and you guys all painting.
Speaker 1: I can drink without painting.
Speaker 3: I can drink without peddling a cart through town like just somebody to drink, all right.
Speaker 1: I know you're beautiful, all right?
Speaker 2: Watching movies or sipping and painting, two things that you sound like you don't really enjoy.
Speaker 1: Okay, Mo hates movies, but I don't hate them. I just am tired. Okay, does I'm gonna drink and watch a movie?
Speaker 2: Pottery over the pottery and the pain Does that really means I'm gonna? Okay, you're not making it easy on us out there, thinking that we have all these great ideas. You think you're coming in with this awesome thing, and you're like, drying.
Speaker 1: Give me something to drink, right, Just give them something to drink. Houston's rocking Alternatives The.
Speaker 11: Rod Ry Morning Show six to ten AM, ninety four or five Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four five The Buzz Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Jimmy eight World in the Middle, rod Ryan's Show, get ready to launch you into a Mother's Day weekend. We're not done here, uh Buzz Buzzfest tickets coming your way at a twenty Kenton Place is now added to the already stellar lineup. That's our local band that's going to be bringing on Buzzfest. Congratulations to them and all the bands that's submitted you got. I hope you all got some great exposure being on the website and everybody looking. There was a ton of votes, so a lot of people are taking a look at your band right now. I'll say to this to everybody Book Gigs, Kenton Place Book Gigs. Okay, get out there and play and people will come out and see you before buscast, that's for sure. And that goes for all evans open phones Friday in the last hour of the show.
Speaker 1: You know how much I love that. My favorite hour of radio on the radio. Ten percent chance of rain today partly cloudy five about eighty.
Speaker 2: Three, forty percent chance of afternoon showers for tomorrow and then Mom's Day ten percent chance of rain, mostly cloudy, seventy six but if you guys some outdoor.
Speaker 1: Activities, that's gonna be great for Mother's Day. There's Moe right there one of Houston's headlines.
Speaker 3: What's up, good morning. I'm looking back at yesterday and the way I acted. I was so Catholic yesterday.
Speaker 1: I was like, we got a pope, we got an American pope. I'm not Catholic at all.
Speaker 2: I find that when people are talking about this pope situation, people do love to qualify. And it even happened on The View. Yeah yesterday, I know.
Speaker 1: You love the View, I call you up.
Speaker 2: Joe Biden was on yes and then they brought out the wife, Jill Right and I think, Whoope, goes well, I know you both out Catholics, blah blah blah, and she went, excuse me, hang on a second, and I think she went, I'm Presbyterian.
Speaker 1: Do you wanted to make sure that everyone knew y?
Speaker 18: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So the only reason I bring that up is because you've done that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not Catholic to say I don't know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: But here's what's going on. And a lot of people have said that even though they're following the pope games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was following those that aren't Catholic.
Speaker 2: They want you to know I'm following and I'm not really involved like you were.
Speaker 3: Yes, first American pope, Pope Leo the fourteenth. His friends knew him as Bob, which is what I'm going with claiming he was a surprise pick, but in reality he was voted in after one of the shortestwits in history. So congrats to Pope Leo the fourteenth.
Speaker 2: And from Chicago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the memes yesterday rod so funny.
Speaker 2: Everything was so funny, whether they were going with the Bears, the Pope, Yes, I Alex and I watched the show called the Bear Okay, and just everything that they were incorporating. It was so much funny, Like we have a pope that has been to Walmart, to the table that we have a pope and maybe the first pope in history, which has been going on for thousands of years. We have a pope now that has been to an Astros game.
Speaker 1: Really cool. Yeah, he's a White Sox fan.
Speaker 2: He was at one of those early two thousands whatever you're clemming when we lost and we got swept by the White Sox. Bob was at one of those games. So he's been to an Astros game. The Pope's been to an Astros game. What a guy that's you ever think in your life you were going to say that.
Speaker 1: He's clearly the best pope American American So we already have the greate dude, I might not argue with you on that, even though you're Canadian. Why is he?
Speaker 2: Hey, you don't get in on that. Don't get in on that.
Speaker 1: None of it's true. A lot of questions. You're spending too much time at the Twins. Hey.
Speaker 3: A trade deal between the US and the UK was announced yesterday. We're working together to boost economic ties and the deal cuts tariffs on UK cars.
Speaker 1: Specifically a lot.
Speaker 3: Okay, so even if you don't know what's going on with tariffs, you can understand this. It went from twenty seven point five percent down to ten percent.
Speaker 1: That's great, that's a win.
Speaker 3: It also affects steel, aluminum, Boeing planes, and beef.
Speaker 1: Okay, beef.
Speaker 3: All right, you've been warned. We're going to warn you again. Mother's Day is Sunday. Don't mess this up.
Speaker 2: Anybody that listens to the show definitely knows when Mother's Day is.
Speaker 1: By your gift, Okay, send her a freaking text message. Spend some time with her.
Speaker 3: Even if you don't have her, you're going to celebrate her more so now that you do have her, Come on, do this for your mom.
Speaker 1: All right, we left moms.
Speaker 3: Hey, y'all, remember earlier this week when I made a mistake of talking about Jennifer Aniston Gates smasher guy and saying he's seventy. Maybe he had an accident, and it was it was a mistake.
Speaker 2: It was odd that you gave him the benefit of the doubt I did. He's like, he's just an old dude that was confused.
Speaker 1: That's not the case. So I owed Jennifer Anison in all of Houston and apology. No, he's a stalker.
Speaker 3: He left her voicemails, he sent her emails, he posted on social claiming that Jennifer Andison was his bride.
Speaker 1: Normal. I was wrong. Normal, normal guy.
Speaker 3: So now what restraining orders and restraining order right now? Currently undergoing a mental health evaluation. Glad Jennifer Aniston is Okay, I'm glad that guy's off the streets. Hey, Rod, specifically, have you ever lost your cool in front of a celebrity?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a couple of people that I would get excited about that I have been excited about in the past, Like what, I want to know what the first time I met Gene Simmons, and I get it, he's a goofball now.
Speaker 1: But when I met him wearing the makeup.
Speaker 2: That Inner Child, you know, that was my first favorite band, and I saw all the guys in their makeup and I'm telling you, I pete a little.
Speaker 1: I just, you know, you freeze. I didn't know what to say. The words aren't forming. Yeah, it was just it was an out of body experience.
Speaker 2: You could laugh all you want, but it was at that point in my life seeing them in their makeup, I.
Speaker 1: Couldn't believe it. I get it.
Speaker 3: Well, that kind of happened to the Irish actor named Barry Key again.
Speaker 1: Very very kaya. He dated Sabrina Carpenter. That's all I really know about him.
Speaker 3: But I also know that he's getting ready to play Ringo star in those Beatles series movies.
Speaker 1: That are coming out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, So he goes over to Ringo's freakin' house to meet him and to like learn about him and study him.
Speaker 1: He said, he froze, he was awkward. He didn't know what to say.
Speaker 3: He didn't even look at the guy, to the point that Ringo commented and said, you're allowed to look at me.
Speaker 1: Wow, awkward.
Speaker 2: But you're not only meeting somebody, but you're about to portray them in a movie.
Speaker 1: That they're going to see.
Speaker 2: And I don't know what the Beatles and the two remaining Beatles, I don't know what their involvement is. Are they on set while they're filming? Are they going to be around are they Are they involved in that way that would be scary.
Speaker 3: I mean the fact that Ringo star is letting this guy in his house, that's pretty involved.
Speaker 2: You think Ringo when they were, when he was saying goodbye, you think Ringo just said, dude, make me look cool.
Speaker 1: Don't mess this up, dude, do make me look cool. Houston's headlines what you got over there? The Astros are back in action tonight.
Speaker 4: They're gonna open up a weekend series with the reds Dyk in Park Country. Brown is gonna be on the mound for the Stros, going up against Cincinnati's Nick Martinez. First pitch is at sevent ten, and you can listen to that game over on our sister station's Sports Talk seven to ninety News Radio seven forty kt r H. In the NBA Playoffs, the Timberwolves bought the Warriors one seventeen to ninety three. And then the Stanley Cup Playoffs, the Capitals beat the Hurricanes and the Oilers got by the Golden Knights in ot In soccer Houston, Donal FC is gonna be back on the pitch tomorrow night. They're gonna play the Seattle Sounders at Shell Energy Stadium. That's gonna kick off at seven thirty and you can watch it on Apple TV. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you very much. All right, guys, we're only coming up on the halfway point. I got more beer for you coming up. I got Buzzfest tickets coming up an hour from now. Open Phones Friday.
Speaker 1: I mean you can't leave, you can't leave. All the plants will die. Rock and Alternative Fair, Houston, The Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 5: Show six to ten am, The Buzz, There we Go, No Hit.
Speaker 18: Smooze, Cousin Days Body Friday mona cold Bill song called him Rob Brye cut the phone on them bos of cold and screaming cool boss caller nor Fan Sisty.
Speaker 20: Man Friday.
Speaker 4: Heybyday, Man Friday.
Speaker 7: You got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Man Friday, Free Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: And ride Bam Friday. And rock Man Friday. Right, free Man Friday. Good morning, Rob Ryan Show, Good morning. Well Hello, is this Nicks? Monica?
Speaker 8: Monica?
Speaker 1: Monica? Where you're from? Monica?
Speaker 13: I'm working in a Taska Sita, but I live out shoes.
Speaker 1: Could I interest?
Speaker 16: I'm the one that has the donkey.
Speaker 1: You can do Jackson donkey, Monica.
Speaker 2: She has sent me a picture of her donkey.
Speaker 1: What does she have? Well, I don't know if she's got a donk. She has a donkey.
Speaker 2: Monica has sent me a picture of her donkey. And listen, if you want to split the beers with the donkey, that's cool. I got a case of beer for you, Monica.
Speaker 10: Yes, I'm down.
Speaker 1: Send me another picture of your donkey, please. I know you have one on your phone, but I.
Speaker 2: Want to show MO because she doesn't believe me that you really have a donkey over there. Oh I got here, all right, Monica, I have the best weekend.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you too.
Speaker 2: All right, email me that picture of the donkey. What's the donkey's name?
Speaker 15: Jackson?
Speaker 2: Jackson Jackson a donkey.
Speaker 1: I love a real human name. That's amazing. All right, Lonaga, thank you have a great weekend. Thank you too, donkey. She sent me a picture of her donkey. Okay, I saw three cases of beer down.
Speaker 8: Thank you, Specs.
Speaker 1: We'll have one final case for you straight up at.
Speaker 2: Nine o'clock and then we'll flip the phones and we'll go into open phones Friday and we'll get to talk to all of you whatever it is that you want to talk about, and it'll be.
Speaker 1: Kind of like a wrap up week for Mo. And but it's her first free it's her first open phone Friday. Even though she was hiding in the wings last week, right I was in the studio, you kind of wanted to see what was going on. I think Chile put like the color bars over your camera.
Speaker 2: Everybody was assuming, okay, what's going on with that one camera, But with this place, they just assumed.
Speaker 1: That it was malfunctioning. But that was Mo behind there, and she was kind of just observing and see how everything went down.
Speaker 2: If you can't get through, like if you had a question for Mo, you wanted to maybe get to know her a little bit better. You could use that time on open phones, or you could just check.
Speaker 1: Out the blog page.
Speaker 2: I did an interview and I told mo.
Speaker 1: I said, listen, I got this.
Speaker 2: I'd like to sit down with you five eight minutes, you know, and maybe we'll just chit chat a little bit. I think people kind of want to find out a little bit more about you, and I think we ended up sitting down for over twenty minutes. We did, and Bobby Jokes put together this great video. It's on our YouTube channel, it's our at Rod Ryan's show. But then Chili also put it up on the blog page. So we find out all kinds of things about you.
Speaker 1: I'm a little nervous and uh, anything in the interview.
Speaker 2: That caught you off guard. It wasn't about like I'm never a gotcha guy. I never, I'm always and Alex won't believe me. I'm about building all of you up, Okay I am. I'm about building you up. I'm not bringing you on to fall. I'm not bringing you on to say stand here and then it's a trap door. So it's all about putting the shine on you. Did anything catch you off guard? I don't think I asked anything that was two.
Speaker 21: No.
Speaker 1: We started pretty light with like politics, immigration, okay, out of the gate, okay, immigration, go.
Speaker 3: There is nothing, nothing scary, not my proudest moments that we featured.
Speaker 1: But whatever.
Speaker 2: It was all over the board and the video is up. What I saved for the radio, yeah, or a few things that come up here on the show from time to time. Okay, And I didn't use to I don't think I used these during the interview. Now that we have a pulpe from Chicago, I don't know if you guys heard, but it is a commandment now that you cannot put ketchup on a hot dog.
Speaker 1: Okay, because of the Chicago roots here. What do they put on their hot dogs?
Speaker 2: They're relish and mustard. They have really like that really fluorescent green relish in Chicago. Ketchup on a hot dog?
Speaker 1: No, I like chili and cheese on my hot dogs with onions. You're no ketchup guy on the dog too, right? Yes, you like ketchup? I do like ketchup.
Speaker 2: Can you walk me through the I don't think we got into this during the interview. Could you walk me through the process of you brush your teeth? Yes, good a lot.
Speaker 1: I wish I was a dentist. If you walk me through the process.
Speaker 2: You get the toothbrush in your hand, okay, what is the order of things that happen next?
Speaker 18: Uh?
Speaker 1: First I put water on it? Okay. Then I put my toothpaste on it.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 1: Then I put water on it again, yeah, and then I put it in my mouth. She's a water paste water gal?
Speaker 5: What are you?
Speaker 1: That's the proper order? I'm confident in my answer. Some people are putting toothpaste on a raw toothbrush, a.
Speaker 24: Hard toothbrush, and then continuing to raw dog the teeth with no water.
Speaker 1: That cannot be So are people out there like that? Don't live like that?
Speaker 2: If you were to take a one a day vitamin, okay, would you put the pill in your mouth and then water or would you put a little water in your mouth first and then slip the pill in there and like break the lip seal and slide the pill in there.
Speaker 1: What's the process with that? I'm a water pill water. I put water first. Okay, I don't do that. You made it out like you were a moist man and then you just changed your mind. Yeah. I take all kinds of like vitamins. It cuts your tongue. Merrick turmeric. Are you doing the beef organs right now? I'm doing the beef organs.
Speaker 2: I'm not, but I will put a mouthful of pills in my mouth the Lord. Yeah, I'll do that, and then I'll take the water and then I'll choke them back. That's not it's not a big deal for me.
Speaker 1: We can get through this.
Speaker 2: Alex is bugaboo and he will judge you for the rest of your life on this. Talk to me about the cart returning to the cart.
Speaker 1: That's easy. What is that area called the corral? Corral? Yeah, go ahead? Always you're returning the cart, yes, every time? Yes? And I hate wait wait, wait, you got young kids. I hate go ahead.
Speaker 3: When mothers using thank you, there's no excuse for being a bad person. You need to be a good role model for your children. I know we live in a hot place, and I know safety is our number one priority as mothers.
Speaker 1: Put the cart back with your kids in the cart. My judgmental trait.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're at home, Okay, you're getting some ice in your drink. Okay, and one drops to the floor.
Speaker 1: Oh, do you bend over and pick it up? Or do you pick it under the freezer. No, I have a dog, so I leave it on the floor for him. But is that bad? The dog gets it? The dog always gets fine proms taking care of when my dog passes away. I might be a picker rupper, but I might also kind of be a kicker.
Speaker 2: I tell people, tell me you rent and don't own when you kick an ice cube.
Speaker 1: Under your freezer. Tile, tile floors.
Speaker 2: I don't care that tile. It's so disgusting underneath there. Just tell me that you rent when you say you kick ice cubes under your freezer. Okay, finally, yes, this is tough. Last one, Okay, this is what started this whole thing. Okay, sock shoe, sock shoe, sock sock shoe.
Speaker 1: When I'm getting dressed. Yes, it's funny. This is the big one. Is for all the money. Sock shoes, socks shoes.
Speaker 3: People have been messaging me and they sign off sock, They say signed Mike, and then they say what they are And I didn't.
Speaker 1: Know why this is?
Speaker 20: Why?
Speaker 1: What are you sock? Sock shoes shoe? Is that right or wrong? It's okay, everyone's a little different. That's the most popular answer is it. I'll say that.
Speaker 2: Okay, the elite realize that your foot is already up. You have the sock on there. I'm you're efficient, your foot's there, put the shoe on.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't I'm little bird.
Speaker 2: Your pants on, No, my panties and my pants go on, and then sock socks.
Speaker 4: Shoes and sock shoes, socks, shoes, socks, and then I pulled my pants on, and then you don't have to pull up your sock.
Speaker 20: Doug.
Speaker 2: Well, I know your mom thinks that's the best way.
Speaker 1: She's gonna email. Oh, whatever baby says, that's the right way to do it. Whatever, my baby says, all right, Well, listen, it's that kind of stuff. We try to keep it light, tight and bright the whole time. But it's pretty interesting. I was interested, and.
Speaker 2: Then I did say that I'm so happy that you're here.
Speaker 1: So I get to come back on Monday.
Speaker 20: Yes you do?
Speaker 1: Did you're Houston life? My parents get preempted by the pocas. Yes, Oh you didn't tell me hot. I got stumped all over.
Speaker 3: Tessa texted me while we were eating crawfish and she was like, hey, I think the Pope's gonna win. I was like, yeah you want no, I mean like you're not going to be off? Oh no, So what happens? Do I get like a replay on another day or do you have to go back?
Speaker 1: Is that you're going to ask your response? You didn't ask. I didn't as I had crawfish on my hands.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, the only interview you need to worry about is the one that Chili has for you on Links and guests right now, Rock and Alternative for the.
Speaker 5: Rod Ryan Morning Show, six for the Buzz.
Speaker 2: All right, welcome back everybody. Rod Ryan Show. Three, Beer Friday. Just one case of.
Speaker 1: Beer to get to straight up at nine o'clock. We'll hook you up.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Specs for the.
Speaker 2: Beers Mother's Day weekend, so specifically on Sunday, ten percent chance of rain, mostly cloudy, highs up around seventy six. He got a forty percent chance of some afternoon showers tomorrow, and again only a ten percent chance of rain today. Today's the warmest day of the weekend at eighty three Mother's Day on top out of seventy six. Alex, there's a lot of Mother's Day stuff trending as it should be. It's a big deal. Mother's Day is awesome. Mothers are awesome. So I see everything Mother's Day everywhere. Friday is also trending.
Speaker 1: Well, there you go. Alexandre Ray was submitted.
Speaker 4: To us by listener Cody Gone gaming and I think you're gonna like what you see it at the world famous rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Cody.
Speaker 4: Robert prevosts, Robert Prevost is trending.
Speaker 1: That is the pop real name Leo the team. He shows that name immediately that you have to change your name. It's just been going on for thousands. Why can't you be pope? Hope, Bob, you can't, says, Oh, God would forgive you.
Speaker 2: It is no law that says you have to return your grocery card to the to the carousel should be and it should be punishable by this, Okay, but that's why there So there are rules, and one of the rules is you have to change your name.
Speaker 1: You're the pope. Just be like God told me, I can do this. You changed to let you do whatever you want.
Speaker 2: You change your middle initial for the show you changed.
Speaker 4: Golf of America also trend name because the House passed a bill to officially rename it the golf or green named the Gulf of Mexico the Gulf of America, and people are talking about that.
Speaker 1: But that's just training on night. But by the buzz, all right?
Speaker 2: Oh, should we give away the bus buy tickets? Kenton Place is the band that was added. They're the local band, Kenton Place. I have been added to what I thought was already just a stacked lineup. Co headliner Chevelle Marilyn Manson, We got our friends Blue October Chili's Band, p O d Evans, Blue Stabbing.
Speaker 1: Westwards, Sleep Theory. Tickets on sale now at Ticketmaster locations. Uh, if you want to come and party with.
Speaker 2: Us on Saturday May twenty fourth, you want to come in party with Moe on Saturday May twenty fourth, I'll take call her ten seven one three two two five nine four five him.
Speaker 5: Ryan Show on ninety four five of us. Hey, what's up.
Speaker 1: I'm Brad, I'm Neil, I'm Barry, I'm Adam.
Speaker 5: We're three days of grace and you're listening to.
Speaker 8: The buzz.
Speaker 24: When every thoughts is jump, when every thoughts is just give up?
Speaker 1: How else can I survive another day?
Speaker 20: You've been a.
Speaker 19: Love Kathy Nicotine and fetami's running through my blood stream sauma, sauma another fuckus surname seem monster, Danish saggash, throw.
Speaker 1: Savage, you and every day call it a heavy.
Speaker 19: Back one and keep us sinking read bottom shut against me?
Speaker 8: What's said very, I'm sorry, but.
Speaker 1: I can't be here every.
Speaker 20: I'm sorry, but.
Speaker 8: With every thought says from where I gets him to be someone.
Speaker 1: Who saw the.
Speaker 5: Things out, I'll believe it all love me and you.
Speaker 25: Excuse me.
Speaker 19: I've mean nicotine and fettymy's running through my blood strange trauma.
Speaker 13: Trauma and I fuck turning to one mouse.
Speaker 1: Damish bagash.
Speaker 7: Through savage do every day called heavy comb back ot and keep us sinking every bottom shin.
Speaker 1: Against me, stammering, I'm sorry, but.
Speaker 20: Can never be ever ever read of. I'm sorry, Sorria.
Speaker 8: I was saying against it.
Speaker 1: Sever never.
Speaker 20: I'm sorry, but I'm.
Speaker 19: Holding Agre like I havever leaving a lovely praptured sorry seem.
Speaker 1: And kny raise it.
Speaker 8: Nothing you can do, he said, he don't exchange it.
Speaker 1: Oh try accuse me.
Speaker 8: It's never Reno, never.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five the buzz There you have it, brand new music that's three days grace and apologies. I was just kind of filling the moe in on the the dynamics of the band. Adam Gontier, the original lead singer of the band, he left and they put in a new lead singer and Matt Walst held it down and they continued their success with a new lead singer. And then they started teasing us that Adam was coming back, and I'm like, man, that's bad for Matt.
Speaker 1: That sucks.
Speaker 2: He's been doing such a good job. They're like, well, Matt's not going anywhere. They're carrying two lead singers right now, and they're out on tour doing that, and each one's doing their songs and they each have huge hits with the band.
Speaker 1: I'm here for it. That's crazy. I love to hear that.
Speaker 2: I mean, as much as you know you hear the stories about bands and the fighting that goes on though those that gets the headlines we were talking about.
Speaker 1: You were asking to be like, what's going on with these guys in Oay, Yes, why is this such a big deal.
Speaker 2: I'm like, they hate each other. They don't know if they can even like come in enter the stadium on this. They have to enter the stadium on opposite ends, like they're trying to keep the brothers away from one another with this upcoming tour. So how are two lead singers going to get along? We all know what lead singers are like. It's like guys that host their radio show and.
Speaker 1: They put their name on it. It's like, God, their heads don't fit through the door. And they're getting along.
Speaker 2: Apparently it's working and that's amazing, and they're putting out great music together this new album.
Speaker 1: This is the third single off of this and it's great. It is awesome.
Speaker 2: I hope you guys enjoyed that. And I think Wizard's into it. It's like, we want to play that new three days Grace. It's like it's not like a world premiere, it's their album. It's like it's the third single. He goes, I think people need to hear it. I'm like, I think you're right.
Speaker 1: Good job, awesome.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys for hanging in there. We'll be squeezing some new music.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you. We go to the folks here.
Speaker 2: Good morning, rod Ryan Show, Hello, rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, Hi, good morning. Who's this is Shane Shane?
Speaker 8: How are you?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I love brother Ron, how you I'm great.
Speaker 2: I knew you were real busy, like listening to that new three Days Gray song. So did you get did you get a chance to hear it at all? Or you were just busy focused on calling to win? How's more focused on calling?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well dude, that laser focus dude work. Congratulations. Uh Buzzfest tickets they're yours Saturday, May twenty fourth.
Speaker 8: Awesome, Thank you, brother Ken Good.
Speaker 1: Kenton Play, You're welcome.
Speaker 2: Kenton Place has been added local local band who I mean deservedly so, man, these guys are going to be opening up and they're going to be on stage on the main stage with some great talent. Shane, this is what this is where I always kind of set myself up.
Speaker 1: Shane.
Speaker 2: How many bus fests have you been to already?
Speaker 1: I've been to two? Okay, okay.
Speaker 2: There. The last time I asked that of somebody, they said, this will be my first one.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, how is that possible.
Speaker 2: We've had, we've got we've had over thirty of them. You know, we lost, we stopped, we stopped, we stopped numbering them. But so you've been to a couple, so you know how great that party.
Speaker 8: Is absolutely all right.
Speaker 1: All right, well, Shane, it's good to have you back in the fall.
Speaker 22: Dude.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you we still go hard. We still go hard at that at that party. All right, yes, sir, yes, sir, all right, we got the right guy on the phone, Shane.
Speaker 1: Have an awesome weekend. Okay, I'm thank you you too.
Speaker 25: Thank You's Ron Ryan Show this weekend. If you're looking for fast and furious action, look no further than moms late for after school pickoff, speeding down streets, ignoring school zone signs, and we're turning the stern glare of.
Speaker 1: The volunteer crossing guard. Their moms late for after school pickup, starring.
Speaker 25: The mom who can't stop looking at her cell phone, the mom oblivious to kids in the crosswalk, and there's a single mom who lets.
Speaker 1: Everybody know it.
Speaker 25: Also starring the mom who has to get Jimmy to soccer practice in fifteen minutes, and another mom who has a million things to do out of their way because the rules don't apply to them. Their moms late for after school pickup starts today around two thirty.
Speaker 13: The Ron Ryan Show on ninety four to five.
Speaker 2: The Buzz ninety four five the buzz good Morning rod Ryan Show killers and somebody told me good morning rod Ryan Show. Before that brand new music from three Days Grace. It's eight thirty five. There is there's a video up, and I'm already there's a video. Chili has a blog page up. Chilli did a great job. Thank you, Chili. The blog page is up. Bobby Jokes did a great job. He was doing the filming of this and it's an interview with myself and Mo and I've not listened to it, but I did. I put it on and even from the picture, I went, what happened.
Speaker 1: The chair that I'm sitting in.
Speaker 2: My posture is so awful in it, and I look so sloppy sitting there talking to you.
Speaker 1: I look sloppy. I don't. No, you have great posture. You're sitting in a.
Speaker 2: Couch, but you didn't choose to lean back.
Speaker 1: I had no option.
Speaker 2: The angle of this chair, it's like it's like something out of the Who Tommy movie. It's like a seventies chair that I'm sitting in, and it just it's a terrible chair for me to be sitting in. Though I look awful, I look I don't look like I'm excited about the interview. Just the body language alone, like, I'm not a body language expert.
Speaker 1: I hate what I'm looking at. You look great, You're sitting straight off. I mean it could be Alex.
Speaker 20: He took with me.
Speaker 1: The very first picture is that Alice said, have Ron sitting this chair?
Speaker 3: So he's getting back at you. Maybe so you posted a crappy picture of him. Now he posted a crappy picture of you.
Speaker 2: It was the best picture at the time that we had. We have we have some new pictures that we took. Bobby Jokes took some new pictures of us. Yeah, and Alex is smiling and every one of them.
Speaker 1: I made sure that I was smiling one hundred percent in the time, even when we we're taking pictures. Such a happy guy didn't make me look Patty, Is there anything that you can share?
Speaker 2: I know that your wife is you know, she listens and I don't want to get I'm not I'm not trying to get you to say something that you don't want to. But you would mentioned on the show, Alex that it's your wife's first Mother's Day and you're and you're one of these guys that recognizes and there are cement heads out there and and it's completely unacceptable, you know, So I think that's different.
Speaker 1: That helps too.
Speaker 2: But there's a guy out there. Nobody here. I mean that, Well, it's not my mom. That is your wife, but she she birthed your children. It's Mother's Day. You celebrate her and your mom. There is there is a and it's I think it's a few you. But you would said you felt a little extra pressure that this is Emma's first Mother's Day. Yeah, so is there anything that you can tell us? I mean, you got stuff planned for Sunday? Is it a weekend stuff?
Speaker 16: Is it?
Speaker 4: Well, we're gonna be going to uh, her parents live out in Katie too, so we're gonna be doing Mother's Day with her mom and my mom. Yeah, so separately, So we're gonna have to kind of I mean, we're gonna do one and then the other.
Speaker 1: But welcome to that world, dude. I'm gonna try like we do Friday Night, like Jesus and stuff.
Speaker 4: I want to give her all of her stuff tonight kind of to just be I don't want to like like let it be kind of special.
Speaker 2: Alex does a cool little Friday He's got almost like a ritual that he gets that HB.
Speaker 1: Caso, the brisket caso. Yeah. Wow, you guys do that every Friday. Uh yeah, shout out to Anthony.
Speaker 4: By the way, I was at HB yesterday and Anthony said, hey, I know you where I was at ATB, So I'm gonna I'll see you again.
Speaker 1: Anthony. Is he the brisket caso guy? He was right by where the biscuit caso he's working. I don't think. I don't know if he's the exclusively the brisky case so guy, but he was in that area.
Speaker 2: You're the one that you're the one that turned me onto it.
Speaker 1: It's awesome, it's really good. But you can't use that as Mother's Day if that's what you do every Friday, well it's Friday. But then like now, like hey, while you.
Speaker 4: And like while she's putting the kid to bed, I heat up the case that we ever ready to go. Now I want to be like Wilso, why don't you open up some stuff? She puts the kid to bed, she comes out. You're in an elephant song and then.
Speaker 1: The chili. Let me bar it's your first. You can't sare first Mother's Day. This on traffic twins. Welcome to the jungle. You know where you are.
Speaker 4: She went from being like not a mom last Mother's Day, too, now she's about to be the mom of too.
Speaker 19: Yeah.
Speaker 2: People talking about Mother's Day, and I'm trying to put all the shine today on Mother's Day.
Speaker 1: It's a big, big day.
Speaker 2: People were asked about family life growing up, and everybody's got different circumstances growing up, but over half of people say that moms they were the parent most involved in the day to day growing up of things. I'll tell you one thing where Dad shine through. And if you ask the question of people who taught you to drive.
Speaker 1: For some reason, Dad's get Dad shine on that one. Dad shine on that one.
Speaker 2: But when you look at everything else, Now, my parents split, Okay, I saw my dad all the time. Okay, neither one of them there was nobody ever got remarried or anything like that. But if I think about my baseball games, and I think about all that stuff and doing homework and everything, my dad worked all the time. So not only was he not in the house starting at sixth grade, but he just he worked all the time I saw him. But who helped me with my homework? Who who was at my baseball games, who drove me around to all the stuff? It was like it was mom, Yeah, you know what I mean, who was yelling at me? Who was beating me with a belt?
Speaker 20: My mom?
Speaker 2: You know, like dad was done beating me with a belt in fifth grade and then he no longer beat me, not beating like that. You know, we had one of those. But I mean who was more involved or was it?
Speaker 1: Was it equal? Like with Alex, I'm thinking, I know, your dad worked. Your mom was a teacher all the time.
Speaker 4: Sorry, We'd be going to school at the same time, she'd be getting ready for school, right A lot of the mornings and stuff was like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, was mom more involved? Was dad more involved?
Speaker 3: For my mom stayed home while we were really young, but then she went back to work and then dad retired. So I had dad, like while I was in high school, super dad. So I'd forget my cheer shoes, he'd have to.
Speaker 1: Bring them by.
Speaker 3: He was, you know, slipping me the lunch money. So I had a pretty good mix. But I'm a daddy's girl for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, No, my mom she ruled with an iron fist, but when it came to it, like they asked, like, you know what, what parent gave you more advice?
Speaker 1: And I've told this to sorry before. Yeah, you get the you get the sex book.
Speaker 2: In sixth grade, girls got the sex class because they were more mature.
Speaker 1: They got it in fifth grade.
Speaker 2: A little earlier, we watched the movie what came to be known as the movie. Yes, you know we talked about your Wiener. Yes, we didn't watch it, and like the gym teacher came in and it wasn't fizzed.
Speaker 1: It was the gym teacher.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: He came in, he showed us the movie. And then you went home with a little booklet. Okay, Okay, went home with a little booklet, a little book.
Speaker 1: About your wiener. Okay, all right.
Speaker 2: So my dad comes over and there's little Rodney and in my bedroom, I'm sitting on my bed. If you aren't even touching the ground, I'm just kind of kicking my legs right, and I'm looking at my book pamphlet, looking at my book. My dad comes in.
Speaker 1: My mom's like, get in there, get in there to shine.
Speaker 2: He got the book, he got the book, he watched the movie today.
Speaker 1: Get in there, tells my dad to do it. So my dad.
Speaker 2: My dad comes, opens the door of the bedroom, right knocks because you know, he don't know what I'm doing. I'm looking at that weird book. I might be aploring things, right, So he knocks on the door. I'm like, yeah, my dad opens the door. He's like, you got any questions, come see me. I don't want you learning that stuff on the streets.
Speaker 1: Closes the door.
Speaker 5: Boom.
Speaker 1: That's my sex talk. Thanks dad, Hey Dad, you got any questions, come see me. I don't want you learning that stuff on the streets. I love that. Shuts the door.
Speaker 2: Okay, and there's little Rodney Ryan going.
Speaker 1: Back to the book.
Speaker 16: That was it.
Speaker 1: So that's that was the That was the advice I got from my dad's All right, Mother's Day. Take care of your mom's this weekend, if you're lucky enough to have them around.
Speaker 11: Rock and Alternative to The Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM, The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four five, The Buzz Letny Crabits fly Away. Lenny played jazz Fest on Sunday. I was in New Orleans last weekend Pearl Jam and we party with about twenty twenty five people in the same area. We've been all going for years and it's a good mix of people, all ages everything.
Speaker 16: You know.
Speaker 2: I did not go on Sunday, but a friend of mine stuck around and he partied on Sunday.
Speaker 1: And let me just say, Pearl Jam. We all stayed there, We all stood there, We watched Pearl Jam playing My Kid. Everybody, it's a good time. He said. The strangest thing happened on Sunday.
Speaker 2: What happened Lenny Kravitz hit the stage, and he said, it flushed out every single girl that was with the party, and they all walked up to the stage. Nobody leaves our party area when you're watching all these bands, And he said, there was no prediscussion about it or anything. Lenny Kravis hit the stage, and every girl that was in that group of ours, they all just kind of like were drawn to those leather pants or something about it.
Speaker 1: They wanted to get close, they wanted to see they wanted to see the abs.
Speaker 2: They wanted to see the abbs and.
Speaker 1: Surely they were out. It wasn't, of course.
Speaker 2: It was sure started with a mesh shirt and then the shirt that got too hot, and then the mesh had to come off, and then his little girl pants and his little girl waist and he's out there walking out.
Speaker 1: He really is a force on stage. That's cool. I'm said you missed it. But all the girls just I knew you like a mess shirt, right, so like they were being drawn to a UFO.
Speaker 13: The bud light.
Speaker 1: I can't pull off a mess shirt. Good morning, now, good morning, everybody. Listen.
Speaker 2: We got one final Houston's headlines, one final case of beer, and then we'll get into open phones. You're gonna leave you with ACL tickets, three day weekend passes.
Speaker 1: But right now, here's Moe. Good morning.
Speaker 3: We aren't even Catholic that we cheered for a pope yesterday, Yes we did. Cardinal Robert Prevost was elected Pope Leo the fourteenth, the first American born Pope USA.
Speaker 1: We love you. His friends nime is Bob.
Speaker 3: Some claim it was a surprise pick, but in reality he was voted in after one of the shortest waits in history.
Speaker 1: And we're proud of him and we're living for the memes this morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everything is funny. A lot of Chicago in America, I love it. He must have spent some time in Philadelphia too. Is that where the college Illanova?
Speaker 3: Villanova? Yeah, where she's a beautiful campus. They keep showing it on the news. I'm like, oh, I had no idea.
Speaker 1: Association with the Eagles.
Speaker 2: Dos okay, But he went to college for math, not Jesus, he went from math.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this guy speaks. This guy speaks five languages.
Speaker 2: And and when he came out and they were they were using the song we use for the Tournament of Champions, the bullet No, they were no, no, dude, they were using the Bulls starting line of music on the internet. At least when when he walked out on the to greet the people, Alan Parsons project. Serious is the name of the song, speaking perfect Italian. He speaks five languages. They said, his Italian is impeccable. Yeah, just like Alex, just Likelex is Italian.
Speaker 1: Hey.
Speaker 3: The House passed the bill to make the Gulf of America permanent yesterday.
Speaker 1: There was a close vote to eleven to two o six.
Speaker 3: And if the vote goes through to the Senate and passes that it will require all US laws, maps, documents to change within six months.
Speaker 1: So it's happening. Teenager.
Speaker 3: I think published this next study that says do not pass down that old car to your new driver.
Speaker 1: It is not safe for me. It was a rite of passage. The old cars were built better. You were given a car. We talked about this.
Speaker 2: There's an interview with Moe and myself on YouTube on the rot Ryan your YouTube channel, but she rely put it on links and guests. And you said that you were one of those kind of spoiled brat kids. Say that you didn't like the car you were given. Correct, What an asshole?
Speaker 3: So I refuse to get my driver's license and I forced my father to keep driving me around.
Speaker 1: Did you share what car it was? It was a super ru something. It was a nice car.
Speaker 3: It felt purple. Okay, it was inappropriate, but I'm sure it was safe and you didn't think it was up to your I've changed. I'm a better person now. Okay, I'm sorry. I've apologized to my dad.
Speaker 2: So they're saying that you give these kids an older car, it's not safe.
Speaker 1: It's not safe. They're saying if they're going to be in a crash, they're more likely to pass away for cars over fifteen years old, of thirty one percent that the kid's going to pass away if they're in a crappy old car. I have a ton of people saying that cars were built better. I thought you drive a big Bolvo, you know what I mean. So I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's just people don't agree with this.
Speaker 1: It's interesting. I just don't know what it's like to be given a car because you're a boy. Never experienced that. Stop, my sister was given a car. Okay, move on, next story. I'm not over it, obviously, I have the facts here. Elon Musk did not fire Elmo. Why is this trending, you might ask, Well, there was a fake LinkedIn profile done by Elmo from Sesame Street saying he was being fired due to federal budget cuts and he was looking for work. It said Elmo worked at.
Speaker 3: Sesame Street for forty five years, he loves hugs, and he's opened a full time or freelance work Sesame Workshop. The company behind the show, Sesame Street, had to go as far as to confirm that they had nothing to do with the post, and it was eventually taken down.
Speaker 1: Do we sound like we're on.
Speaker 2: A record and we're skipping now?
Speaker 1: I was wondering, though it was my headphones. Okay, that everyone else hearing that? You're hearing that.
Speaker 2: It's like a click and a pop and great studio. I don't even believe if you're listening, we're live.
Speaker 1: I promise we're here. Yeah, it sounds like there's real There's a click.
Speaker 2: In the like a dirty needle on a record. All right, this is this is Masto Don.
Speaker 1: We're playing it off over record. What's the name of this song called?
Speaker 5: This is?
Speaker 2: This is Sultan's Curse?
Speaker 1: This is the one, the one you play in my headphones and broke my ears yesterday? Yeah, this is the what you yes about that?
Speaker 2: This is what you guys have to listen to during read my lips. Now the band, the band Mastad has been added to a video game.
Speaker 3: Yes, this story is for Alex because I know he plays the video games Tony Hawk. Yeah, the new one's coming out July eleventh, mark your calendar. But you're gonna like it even more because they have a rock heavy soundtrack, including mast Don Motorhead, Alison Chains, Are you in?
Speaker 1: I'm always in. I was gonna say, did they go in and polish up an old game? That's what they did with one and two before.
Speaker 2: Now already was this the one where there was a question whether or not they were going to have the band, Margia character and if they were trying to they were trying to not have BAM, and BAM's been in some trouble, okay, But I think Tony said Bam was a part of the original, Bam will be part of this, So I think Tony Hawk did him a solid because that's big money royalties if they're re releasing video games, the money that's associated with this. But Motorhead's on the soundtrack as well. This is Ace of Spades. They try to work the eighth of May. The eighth of May as Motorhead Day.
Speaker 1: We all missed it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I missed it myself, and they're one of my favorite bands.
Speaker 1: So hey, those are Houston's headlines. Go ahead. The Asters are back in action tonight. They're going to open up a weekend series with the Reds at Dagon Park.
Speaker 4: Hunter Brown will be on the mound for the Stros, going up against Cincinnati's Nick Martinez. First pitches at sevent ten, and you can listen to that one over on our sister stations at Sports Talk seven ninety, News Radio seven forty KTRH, and the NBA Playoffs last night, the Timberwolves will out the Warriors one, seventeen to ninety three. And the Stanley Cup playoffs. The Capitals beat the Hurricanes three to one and the Oilers got by the Golden Knights in overtime five to four. And in soccer, Houston Dino FC. You'll be back on the pitch tomorrow night. We're gonna play the Seattle Sounders at Shell Energy Stadium. That'll kick off at seven thirty and you can watch the game on Apple TV.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports. Okay, guys, one last case of beer, then.
Speaker 11: Open phones, rock and alternan very use The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 2: Good morning, good morning, good morning, Good morning, rod Ryan Show, Good.
Speaker 1: Morning, good morning.
Speaker 15: Hello.
Speaker 1: Who's this Fernando. Man, Fernando your caller number ten.
Speaker 8: Let's go, dude.
Speaker 1: I have been trying to win for like, I don't know how many months.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: This is awesome. I'm like, I'm shaking that now. I'm at work with my boss and my coworker right now. What do you do, Fernando? Oh man, I'm a disretcher.
Speaker 20: Man.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll give those guys a shout out.
Speaker 1: Who's with you there? Oh man?
Speaker 10: I want to give a shout out to my coworker Matt and my boss Corey right here.
Speaker 2: Well listen special shine on Corey for your boss. You're supposed to be working, right, and you're calling me for beer. So Corey's cool?
Speaker 1: All right? So yeah cool? Yeah, Corey is awesome as hill Man.
Speaker 16: He's probably the best boss I've had ever.
Speaker 2: Oh nice, all right, Well you got to share some of those beers with the fellas. All right, I got a case of beer for you, Fernando.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it sounds good. Corey also wanted to let you guys know that he was on the model of me three years ago. I'm down to time to data. Yeah, how it work out?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: He did? He How did it work out?
Speaker 16: The job?
Speaker 1: He said?
Speaker 8: It didn't work out, but.
Speaker 16: It was fun, okay, all right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we don't always make a love connection on that one, but we have it. Appreciate you guys, A thank you, Fernando, have a great time, Thanks Corey, Thanks everybody.
Speaker 1: Mile of meat. Well I don't have time, I know, I'm aware it's a whole nother pretty aware you know about the mile of beats. Yeah, you're all over the news, Rob, guess I.
Speaker 2: Just wanted to share with you confirmed we have it from here on five to six today's five to nine, Yes on five to six.
Speaker 1: Pro flowers sent me an email.
Speaker 2: Your order is confirm earned delivery date is five oh eight. That's my mom's name, that's her address. You will receive an update when your flowers are delivered.
Speaker 1: I never got an update you I know. I ordered my mom. I sound my to do list to check at the end of the show, so I ordered them. There it is, but I never got the thing that they got delivered. That's the problem. And he didn't hear from your mom. No, and I didn't hear from my mom. You want to call her right now.
Speaker 5: Call your call.
Speaker 2: I'm on the air, because if they're not there, I'm in trouble.
Speaker 1: I'm in big trouble. I ordered them open.
Speaker 13: Phones for a Friday, Open films for a Friday, more like open phones.
Speaker 1: Fried yay, thank you.
Speaker 2: A bunch of people went in and checked out the interview.
Speaker 1: How is it? They said it was good? They said you looked bad. I look I look slouchy. It's awful, Jesse.
Speaker 2: It says, good morning, brother Rod. I just finished the interview with most so good.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I would like to remind you to possibly play Alex's great singing voice for her. In case you forgot, we did talk about Alex is a songbird?
Speaker 1: Any more about this not sing but your name, Alex.
Speaker 2: Your name came up during the interview with Mow a lot of questions. If you would like to see that interview with Mod's on YouTube Chile. He put up a blog page open Phones Friday. JD the Truck Driver got through, JDA.
Speaker 22: What's up, brother, man, Welcome man, my.
Speaker 1: Thanks friends, welcome. I'm excited to be here. Happy mother j thinks JD.
Speaker 2: Two little kids running around.
Speaker 1: JD. What do you got going on this weekend?
Speaker 22: Well, I am headed into Kansas City right actually late? Yeah, well I got brought out of con check.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 22: My mother's passed on which she's you know, that's cool with my laddie. She got her kids and all that, you know, will take care of hers.
Speaker 16: Don't get that, you know.
Speaker 2: So are you guys, like, are you doing anything specific on Sunday or is it just going to be kind of a normal day at the uh the JD truck Driver home.
Speaker 22: I'm working, brother, I'm working.
Speaker 1: Oh, so you're not going to be back, You're you're you're out for the weekend.
Speaker 22: I'm out for the weekend, I won't be I'll be in next weekend, and then of course I'll miss buzz.
Speaker 1: Because I'll be back at work, damn it. JD.
Speaker 2: Now, truck driver question real quick. I don't know if I've ever asked you this. Is there ever a time that you're hauling? He's got a big eighteen wheeler. Do you always know exactly what's in the back or are you just signing off for things and taking them from place to place?
Speaker 1: Do you always know everything that's back there?
Speaker 22: Well, well, what I do right now?
Speaker 16: I know it's back there.
Speaker 1: Okay, there are some there are some loads.
Speaker 22: There are some loads or like probably government loads.
Speaker 1: You don't want to know what's back there, No kidding, I want to. I know I can go back there for sure, trust me.
Speaker 22: If if where that where that drive or stop somewhere like for fuel or something like that. Trust me, there's an sup you're not far away watching.
Speaker 1: No kidding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a flanker, just like I mean, dude, just like smoking the.
Speaker 1: Bandit, yep, just like smoking the bab But you never seen.
Speaker 2: Is there is there a time that you're driving and on the back of the truck you don't have access to the to the doors.
Speaker 1: Do you all? Can you always get into the truck that you're driving.
Speaker 22: Not in the trailer.
Speaker 1: No, you can't get into the trailer safe, but you have.
Speaker 22: Time that steals up. I mean you're here. They got to steal. Yeah, I got one, all of this one went.
Speaker 1: Now, wow, are you in the truck right now?
Speaker 22: Product?
Speaker 1: Are you in the truck right now?
Speaker 21: Here?
Speaker 1: Can I get a horn? I'm doing the thing. I'm doing the thing. Yeah, felt that one jab?
Speaker 19: All right?
Speaker 2: JD keep the rubber side down. That's a great way to get things rolling here. On open Phones Friday, that's another line open though, and they're filling up fast. Seven one three two one two five nine four five. If you want in on open Phones Friday seven one three, two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 12: Houston Rock, Houston's alternative all day and the Rock Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five, the bus ninety four or five.
Speaker 2: This is just like the man said, this is open phones Friday. I'll get to more of your calls. I try to really do respect the name of the hour, but I do. I'm scanning my emails at all time. Jeffrey made me laugh. At least he's owning it, Brother Rod, I got a bad back. I own the home. I kicked the ice cubes under the fridge.
Speaker 1: Even though you own it, I still think less of you.
Speaker 2: Jeffrey Online Kid's Alex Online five?
Speaker 1: All right, what you got over there? All right?
Speaker 4: This Mother's Day weekend, we're gonna be looking at TV moms and seeing how many of them you can pick the show they were.
Speaker 2: That's generational too. I mean, if you ask somebody the question, so I'll give it to Mo because well, Alex, go ahead, it's.
Speaker 4: Your secondn't watch anything, So I don't think she would do great on it.
Speaker 2: Okay, but all time greatest TV mom for you, Kitty four Man from from from that seventies show. I mean, maybe maybe Tammy Taylor, just because I think.
Speaker 1: She's really hot, from Tim the tool Man. Yeah, Carmelo soprano, but she was not like she did some questionable. Yeah she wasn't great. She wasn't great, but she wasn't like great Old man River over here has got to go. Brady Bunch. That's the only one I can even think of. Brady was the greatest TV mom of all time. Yeah, you would probably be the best all time, Alight, So do you know what this this mom is from? What show? Is it a picture? I can just look at her, yes, right now, she's British, she's very tall. Show about soccer. No still, no around, just schmedd smasher. That means nothing to mix.
Speaker 4: So go check it out and see how many of these TV moms you can name it the world Fintage Ride Ryan Show page of the buzz Dot Couty.
Speaker 1: Here in Luck, it's open phones Friday. Alright, let's go.
Speaker 2: Let's say hi to Mike. He's been holding the longest.
Speaker 1: Hi, Mike, Well, what's up brother? Some sud dude. You're on open phones Friday?
Speaker 12: When you got hey, Man, I just wanted to shout out you guys for everything you do.
Speaker 16: Man, we appreciate you. And for Mother's Day.
Speaker 12: I own a couple of bagel shops here in Houston, four brothers in New York Bagel and the Bagel Cafe. We got four locations. On Sunday, we're giving out free coffee to all the moms and carnations while they last, So come on down get them.
Speaker 1: Is it creamcheese or is it schmear schmeer?
Speaker 16: Brother?
Speaker 12: You gotta respect the smear like my good friend says, that's a New York thing, right, absolutely, undred percent top selling bagel?
Speaker 2: Is it the everything bagel? Or is it a plane bagel? What's the top seller everything?
Speaker 16: But it's a very close second with the plane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everything bagels. Man, They're undefeated. Thank you, Mike Ryan, you're next up on open phones. Yes, sir, what's up? Hey got a babysitter Tonight?
Speaker 16: Me and mam are going to see three eleven.
Speaker 1: Oh dude, Yeah, I love that for y'all. That's gonna be a great show, dude. Congratulations. Yeah.
Speaker 21: Yeah, we've seen him once a long time, maybe fifteen years ago with Snoop Dogg.
Speaker 16: That was cool. But I'm hoping they still do that drum thing. I don't know if you've ever seen them, I'm sure yeah, oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, they do the drum thing.
Speaker 2: Don't worry. You're not going to be disappointed. You and mama are going to have a great time tonight, seven and three Music Hall.
Speaker 3: Right ticketmaster dot com, try and get your tickets. There's a cool bar right there by seven one three Music Hall that I've never been in before. It is a good place to stop before before the show.
Speaker 16: Okay, Okay, Yeah, I love that venue. That's venue we saw Aaron Lewis a couple of months ago.
Speaker 1: There it was cool. Yeah, it's a great time.
Speaker 2: I mean, you said you got the babysitter, So this is a big deal for you guys to go out tonight, right.
Speaker 16: Man, I got five kids, you and mama gonna yeah.
Speaker 1: God, bless your heart and your wife? Is there any way?
Speaker 2: You're folding tonight into like a mother's day thing? Or is that going to be a separate celebration.
Speaker 16: No, that's separate. I got her these figures a couple of months back for her birthday.
Speaker 1: Good her favorite band?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Awesome?
Speaker 2: All right, well listen if you, if you think of it, I just get caught up in the moment. Enjoy the moment. But if you, if you think of it, if you guys want to snap a little selfie of you and Mama at the show, send it to me.
Speaker 1: I'll post it on Monday. All right. Oh, she loves I love her? Thank you? Ryan Herbert, you're next up.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Hey hello Herbert.
Speaker 14: You want to pop circle?
Speaker 1: All right, I'm getting set up here, I'm getting set up for something. Here are we playing? Different family?
Speaker 5: Guys?
Speaker 11: The old, creepy looking a popsicle because I love you so much.
Speaker 1: You know what this is? Creepy old dude, different family guys that I was, Oh, why don't you come check? Thank you, Herbert. I don't know that.
Speaker 3: No, I know, I don't know what you can watch Family go No, but I like popsicles though, so maybe I'll go to the basement.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, got it? Would you say hi to Robbie? Hey, Robbie, Robbie by Hello, good Boddy, good body.
Speaker 2: Robbie is the all time champion at Free Beer Friday. He has more Free Beer Friday wins in the twenty one years of the show than anyone. And I'm vibes number one in vibes and nobody does call her number ten better than Robbie.
Speaker 1: It was really impressive. Robbie. It's nice to meet you.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 15: Hello, Yes, sir, welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: I do okay this week? Can I come back on Monday?
Speaker 15: You need to come back for how low is your contract.
Speaker 1: Until Rod passes away?
Speaker 15: That's gonna be twenty five years.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 15: I'm not gonna let him retire for twenty five years so I can get eighty.
Speaker 1: Wins Okay, Wow, what a lofty trying to win eighty cases of meal from us, Roby.
Speaker 15: Look, look, look, what what do I need to do when I win the next one? Do I need to come down to sign something so that you can donate it to your charity? Or can you just do it verbally over the from Yeah, we.
Speaker 1: Can work all that stuff out, Robbie. One of the things you need to come down because there has to be how many? How many beer wins?
Speaker 5: Is it right now?
Speaker 15: It's fifteen? Well up to Other John just told you there was last June. When I win the last one?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Other John keeps track of all that stuff.
Speaker 15: I think I understand that. I'm glad that I got people that keep an eye on me.
Speaker 2: Probably we always keep an eye on you, my brother. Have a great weekend, dude, you have a great weekend.
Speaker 15: Happy Mother's Day, happy everything that's going on. It's going to be a great weekend.
Speaker 1: I agree. I agree. Thank you, Robbie, love you. I mean it when I said, Chris, you know your next up on open phones. Good morning guys, Good morning they Rob Thank you. I know it's a late, but fourteen years ago you.
Speaker 4: Gifted me with wwe tickets that my husband and my oldest son and daughter were able to attend.
Speaker 1: And I just want to say thank you because that's memories that they still talk about to this day. Man, that's awesome. That's all that really does.
Speaker 2: That really those types of things and those stories that really makes me happy.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Christina. I appreciate you sharing that.
Speaker 11: And I want to thank you guys for my ACL tickets yesterday.
Speaker 1: Oh Winter, whoam and happy mother? Sema, thank you you two says Erto read my lips. Yeah you won those tickets for it.
Speaker 22: I did.
Speaker 1: I was decent. I think fan for life.
Speaker 2: That's another phone line open, Thank you, Christina. Seven one three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 1: It's open phones, baby, the rud Ryan shown ninety four.
Speaker 2: Five bus, ninety four five the bus, Good morning, brod Ryan Show on my during my favorite Power of Radio on the radio.
Speaker 1: It's open phones.
Speaker 2: It's open phones, Friday. That's that guy we pay him to say that sort of thing. Let's get back over to the phones. Every phone line is jammed. So seven one three two four five you hear someone drop, then you get in. Let's say hello to Mike. Mike, you're on the air.
Speaker 16: Hey, how you doing there?
Speaker 1: So great, Mike, so great, what you got going on.
Speaker 16: I just wanted to get a big shout out to my other ladies. And I've been together for about three years and we're going on a cruise next weekenda, next weekend, and I'm gonna be asking her to.
Speaker 1: Me, should you be telling us that? Yeah, dude, is it a surprise to her?
Speaker 16: Well, we're kind of a surprise and then she kind of figure good out of you know, different situations and everything.
Speaker 1: But so she knows it's coming behind the ring.
Speaker 16: She hasn't seen the ring, and so it's gonna be Mike. What I wanted to thank you y'all in the morning, read all day long.
Speaker 1: Thank you? Do you have it planned? Thank you Mike. I really appreciate that. That's never lost on me. During the cruise. Is it like before dinner some night?
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 1: You know, when you go when you go see that awful comedian?
Speaker 16: Is it when got it right? It's going to be on their church and I.
Speaker 1: Mustn't do it on a Mike, get it done?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then that night it's the best night of your life, dude. The day you give the ring, that's the last time it's about you.
Speaker 5: It really is.
Speaker 2: Congratulations. That's when you get it. That's when you get it the best you're ever going to get it. You give that ring, then you're in wedding planning mode. It's never with my wife long.
Speaker 1: Enough to color my old lady. I don't think we didn't get to that point. I always get confused with old lady and mom my old lady. It's like that would be your old lady. Is your mom is right old lady?
Speaker 2: I tried it once because you know, I got a I got a motorcycle like the old lady. It's like, it's just I just didn't roll off the tongue for me, just didn't seem natural.
Speaker 1: Ernest, you're next up.
Speaker 16: Hey, how you doing, guy?
Speaker 22: Question for Moyes, Sir, Yes, has Rod given you the secret phone number that he gives to most of the.
Speaker 1: Son of a bitch. There is no secret phone number. Damn surephoneuber, get him out of here, get him out of text me. There is no send me a d m Ernest.
Speaker 2: So when people like when they win things right, then they'll just try to get me in trouble. They'll say, hey, man, thanks for the secret number for that's hilarious.
Speaker 15: It's not.
Speaker 1: That's a bit. And he'll try and pretend that there's tunnels downtown, which there's not. There are no you haven't you're lying to you got a picture? No exactly because they don't exist. I'll really have on this. I'm gonna find the secret phone number, Ernest, and i will.
Speaker 2: Let you know there is no secret phone number. There are no tunnels, but there is Brian on the phone. Brian, you have already brother on sub Dude, what you got You're on the air.
Speaker 10: I've got We give a shout out to uh An event tomorrow night is a guy in Texas City's gonna be a Booker T's Reality of Wrestling tdkp OH six six thirty Bell or six thirty uh Doors Open Bell starts at seven. It is going to be featuring uh Zilla, Patu, the son of Omaga, and Queen Charmel making her return to the ring for the first time in fifteen years.
Speaker 2: Does Booker T show up to these things or he just put his name on it all the time?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Now, is there any.
Speaker 2: Scenario in the world? Is there any storyline? I'm saying what you're doing is real? Is there any chance that that guy mixes it up anymore?
Speaker 1: Will Booker t get in the ring? Uh?
Speaker 10: He was back in the ring in January?
Speaker 2: Was he really like, actually wrestling like he was throwing haymakers?
Speaker 10: Sir, Yes, throwing haymakers.
Speaker 16: I get Jilla Fox too.
Speaker 1: Please tell him I said, Hi, he's the nicest dude in the world. He really is. Thank you. Good luck with your event, Brian. Oh, Chris, Chris, Good morning?
Speaker 15: Rod?
Speaker 8: Wait?
Speaker 1: What Ken? Good morning?
Speaker 16: And good morning Mo.
Speaker 1: Very nice to meet you, Hi, Chris. Can I give you the Sports Center edition? Please? All right, here we go. Let's get you caught up on Chris.
Speaker 20: Yes.
Speaker 2: Why he starts out with that creepy voice, I don't know, but it's funny every time. Okay, he rekindles with somebody he dated in high school. If I'm getting some of the stuff wrong, don't worry about it. So this is old girlfriend maybe yeah on Facebook? She's in San Antonio.
Speaker 1: Oh, I've heard him on the radio before.
Speaker 2: And they're single, right, yes, And then he calls us. He's like, listen, this all has been going online. He goes, I'm going to see her this week. And then I'm like, well, what are the sleeping arrangements. Do you think you're in a separate bedroom. I'll let you know on Monday, Yes, the same bedroom. I haven't seen each other a long time, face to face, san Antonio poking.
Speaker 1: I think it worked out. Yeah, and now is that your girlfriend?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 26: Dude, Well, we found ourselves kind of falling in love a little too fast, and so we're kind of taking step back.
Speaker 1: Okay, whoa that's responsible?
Speaker 19: Whoa?
Speaker 26: Chris and neither of us are ready for that. We're still both kind of cooking. But we decided to stay in each other's lives and learn each other as friends and see where it goes.
Speaker 1: Like it's long distance.
Speaker 26: I'm raising twin thirteen year olds. It's actually their birthday today, so yeah, but no romantic relationship.
Speaker 1: Right now. But you guys did romance a little already. Yeah, and you're pulling back on that.
Speaker 26: But I want I want some slow embers, not a big burning bonfire, and neither does she.
Speaker 1: So we're kind of doing that a firework every weekend.
Speaker 2: Good question, mad respect though, because you catch feelings.
Speaker 1: You caught feelings. Wow, I had no idea that this call was gonna go this week. I was thinking, you're gonna be on the cruise with that other guy, and you're.
Speaker 8: Gonna be as well.
Speaker 1: That's so, this is this is my request to you.
Speaker 26: Ron anything is next week at some point I would like you guys to play the Chris Isaac game.
Speaker 5: Do you know why?
Speaker 1: Why? Because I don't want to fall in.
Speaker 24: This girl is only gonna break your hut. No, dude, yes, all right, Chris, what a plot twist? You never know what you're gonna give it.
Speaker 2: That guy in the phone, I think he called us on Monday and I just said, dude, did you He goes, Yeah, we did.
Speaker 1: I appreciate the appreciate the s out of that honesty. Hannah, You're next up on open phones. Good morning, good morning. You want to sing a song to us too?
Speaker 5: Oh look, y'all don't want to hear my singing?
Speaker 2: Boys, You're anything you want. It's open phones, it's your call.
Speaker 1: You can do what you want with it. Yeah. I just wanted to welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's awesome to have another woman.
Speaker 1: How do you think she's doing that? Oh?
Speaker 5: Fantastic?
Speaker 1: Real talk really, like I just need you to be for real, Like, what was your what was the least favorite thing she hears? One hundred dollars fan. Thank you God, No, no, no no, I haven't hated anything.
Speaker 13: It's been a joy all week.
Speaker 1: You were the sweetest thing. I really appreciate You've had so much fun. It has been very, very fun, really fast. A week went by quick, it did, it did, But it's been great. I can't wait to hear more. If you're sweet. Thank you. Back up everything that Hannah is saying. Thank you, Hannah Richard, open phones, Welcome to the shoe. You know the way to my heart. Somebody record that we need that.
Speaker 8: No, I actually just that was nice. Hey, I wanted to know.
Speaker 16: I think on the mile was last week? Did you pop your margarita cherry?
Speaker 1: We never got around to it, did we. We did a lot of tequila shots. Did there some tequila shops? And I never opened to the margarita shaker. I was pretty weird.
Speaker 16: Speaking speaking of margaritas and cherries, there used to be this place in Conros. They would take cherries, soak them in ever clear and put them in the margaritas and they were great.
Speaker 1: There went wonderfully with the margarita.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I always tell them people were getting in trouble. I tell all these JazzFest stories.
Speaker 2: There used to be a guy I think he's passed on since, but there was the cherry man, okay, okay, and he would smuggle in these zip lock bags of cherries and you would have one.
Speaker 1: I remember my mom eating them, okay, like Usher style and my mom.
Speaker 2: And my mom's eating these cherries.
Speaker 1: My mom doesn't she can't drink. She doesn't drink. My mom's like.
Speaker 16: I used to put them like candy.
Speaker 1: My wife would have one and she would literally suck on it the whole.
Speaker 16: Time we were sitting for the meal.
Speaker 1: Wow, thank you, Richard, thank you so much. This Usher cherry thing is new to me. I didn't know that that was He does that at is Vegas shows. Has that been a bit of his for years then?
Speaker 3: I don't know about for years. I just have seen it recently, like in the Vegas Residency.
Speaker 1: And it's supposed to be like you're he's bobbling his balls on your chin right.
Speaker 3: Very inappropriate or appropriate depending on what you're into.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I'm talking about, Alex, don't. It's Usher will go down from the concerts right into the audience and.
Speaker 2: He'll be he'll serenade somebody with and then he's got a cherry man he like dangles it in her mouth, two of them off of a stem, yes, and he puts them and the girls start like tongueing them, and they're on the big screen at Usher shows.
Speaker 3: And Sabrina Carpenter did it like most recently, and her dad got mad publicly, and Usher apologized to her dad.
Speaker 1: I can't believe I'm saying that right, that's what happened.
Speaker 2: I think you're right, And I'm so mad at myself that I didn't come up with the cherry bit. It's great, it's great, it's great. Like I would have like, do it have your YouTube.
Speaker 1: Channel on it?
Speaker 2: But now I I'd lose you losers. I'd be like, mister beast with cherries. Go look up some Usher cherry videos. Yes, yeah, all these moms.
Speaker 1: Yes, gone wild divorced his wife because of him.
Speaker 2: No, it was a story going around.
Speaker 1: I just saw it this week.
Speaker 20: I did.
Speaker 2: I didn't know we were going to be talking about this, but yeah, this guy's like his wife's on the big screen.
Speaker 1: He's like, I'm not putting up with that. What a loser?
Speaker 2: Though A cl three day weekend passes coming your way, mo the show is coming up after the break. Don't Go Anywhere, Houston's Alternative All Day and The rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four or five buzz.
Speaker 1: Welcome back, Mo.
Speaker 2: You almost made it, but I'm gonna have to ask you to leave the last ten minutes of the show.
Speaker 1: I don't know, it's just not working out.
Speaker 2: We tried our best, No Man, the week really flew by fast, Man, The week really went by fast all right. Well, one last bit of business here. It's time for Know the show, which should be Mo of the show.
Speaker 1: I'm cool with that.
Speaker 2: I've got acl three day weekend passes. We just heard from the gal that won them yesterday.
Speaker 1: You won them for her. I'm gonna bread my lips.
Speaker 2: This is gonna be for the second weekend October tenth or the twelfth. Three day passes are on sale right now for those great tickets.
Speaker 1: It's a pair. What's your question? My question? When medicating is rod Ryan a pills than water guy or a water then pills guy? Seven two nine four five? Interesting question?
Speaker 4: Hey, Alexa, play ninety four point five the Buzz on iHeartRadio, getting ninety.
Speaker 5: Four point five the bus station from iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Houston's Rock and alternative is ninety four five The Buzz Nirvana in Bloom.
Speaker 1: I saw this on our Twitter. Chili must have posted this up there now it's okay.
Speaker 2: It's ancient fourteen hours ago on the X at Rob Ryan's show. It's a ticket stub and it looks like this person also had a guitar pick thrown their way. It's Thursday, January second, nineteen ninety two, a place called the Salem Armory. The ticket was nineteen dollars and fifty cents general admission, all ages, the Red Hot Chili Peppers with special guests Pearl Jam and Nirvana. How about that for a rock concert in ninety ninety two? Co On, I never saw Nirvana.
Speaker 1: Walking around and meeting somebody that saw Nirvana live, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think what the country equivalent who pieced out so early that you're so lucky that you got to see them when they were around. But Nirvana people, you don't meet a whole lot of people that saw Nirvana live.
Speaker 1: They didn't tour a lot either.
Speaker 2: But then the guy living next door to me, now my next door neighbor, he caught winto that conversation. He's like what I saw Nirvana, Like what after I'd been living there for over a year. He's like, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I was wasted. They sucked. They opened up for some band in Australia. I don't know. I'm like, get away. I can't even look at your face. Let me look at you right now. Good morning everybody. We're wrapping up everything here with some uh some great tickets.
Speaker 13: Let's go for I know this show on ninety four five the bus.
Speaker 9: L l La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 2: La la la la la.
Speaker 1: Let's go to the phones here, Good morning rod Ryan Show. Who's this?
Speaker 16: Good morning?
Speaker 1: This is Leo Leo.
Speaker 2: Hey like the post, I'm on it out, I'm on it all right, Lea, listen, it's time to know the show.
Speaker 1: What's your question?
Speaker 20: Mo?
Speaker 1: My question, Leo?
Speaker 3: When medicating is rod Ryan a pills than water guy or a water then pills guy?
Speaker 1: Remember with water? You're right, raw dog in those pills, all right, raw dog?
Speaker 2: And yes, it's disgusting you have water or anything you gotta like, what do you just bring the seal a little bit and.
Speaker 16: Pills down?
Speaker 2: Pills They're just rolling around dry on your tongue and then just take a big old sip.
Speaker 1: Disgusting.
Speaker 3: I'm judging you, Leo, but I'm still giving you a pair of three day weekend passes to Austin City Limits Music Festival. You're going to Second England October tenth through the twelfth there in Austin. Three day passes are on sale now a cl festival dot com. Thanks for playing, friends.
Speaker 4: Well appreciate it.
Speaker 16: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Happy Mother's Day mote, the sweetest thing. Thank you, Thank you. Leo hang on for him. Oh no, Leo, I know he's saying, I believe to you it's Lido, but we played this for Leo's cute. Okay, I'll be done. They are all right. Oh one last thing to do. I could have used a little more cow bell. You're gonna want that cow bell. I gotta have more cow bell, David, I got a fever and the only prescription more cow bell.
Speaker 2: Okay, now we're going and you lose. Hey, congratulations, Steve the Breadman poked it through. We got five wings today. That means we come back on Monday and we're gonna play the fresh out of BedHead to head Challenge.
Speaker 1: Breadman fifth Person in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: I believe we got to get a victory speech from him because of things that are awesome around here. Next, we didn't give away money on Risk It for the Biscuit today.
Speaker 1: Nothing.
Speaker 2: Alex really thinks that he's taking the remaining cash.
Speaker 1: He's been very tight. Sorry, Bailey on the Biscuits. So we didn't give away money. We're going to go into.
Speaker 2: Extra innings Risk It for the Biscuit Monday, seven twenty. Already made the call. We're definitely playing on Monday. Okay, Oscar was our big fun fact winner. Bailey won nothing. Bailey, I'm so sorry, but we do have a picture of a donkey on our Instagram story.
Speaker 5: Put Jackson up.
Speaker 2: Jackson, the donkey is up. She was one of our beer winners today.
Speaker 1: Monica, Monica, very good.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you Specs for the beers. Thank you, mister Jim, mister Bill Adler. This has been so much fun playing Risk It for the Biscuit all week and it's on me. We're going in the extra innings. We're gonna play on Monday again, so risk it at seven twenty. Fresh Fish on the fresh out of bed Head to head, You, my friend, are going to be out on Saturday night, Alex. Tell everybody, I'll be at home run dugout in Katie tomorrow night with my friends and presenting sponsors of Buzzfest Neutral and we will be having I've got I've got eight pairs of Buzzfest tickets to give out.
Speaker 1: All you gotta do is.
Speaker 4: Come in there, sign up, hang out, have a couple of drinks, swing some bats, bring your mom.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be awesome, and then you can go to Buzzfest. So you gotta do this, do that. It's pretty easy. It's by the way to like ramp up to Mother's Day. So it's like a registration box situation.
Speaker 2: Every fifteen minutes or so, you're drawing a name and then that's it.
Speaker 1: Everybody's having a good time partying. We'll just hang out the whole time. That's awesome. That's awesome, Moe. Have a great Mother's Day weekend. Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: You downplayed it so much.
Speaker 1: It's fine. It's your weekend. Thank you. And I'm going to do my homework this weekend. Rod, Yes, and I will have six picks. Oh yeah, Moe does have six paces this weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no pressure, all right, You have six picks this weekend, and you're responsible.
Speaker 1: What us are my response for a fresh out of bed. You are now the.
Speaker 2: Curator of all questions for fresh out of bed head to head, So you will hand me my sheet of ten questions and I'll be ready.
Speaker 1: To go on Monday. I'll be here. All right. That's it.
Speaker 2: We're not going to be as nice to you next week. We're nice this week. It's like we've been dating all week, first dates and all that. It's like, okay, the real rod Alex and Chili next week. Just so you know, all right, great, all right, guys, have a great weekend. To all the moms out there, have an awesome Mother's Day weekend.
Speaker 1: You deserve it.
Speaker 2: If you're a great mom, then you deserve to be treated and get your flowers all the time. But of course Mother's Day put a little extra shine on all of that. Jeremy's up next. He's got the NonStop Noon or pick your tickets with him in the one o'clock hour. And there is a interview that a lot of you have checked out. If you didn't see it on Links and Guests or on our YouTube channel at rod Ryan Show, I sit down long form I talked to them for about twenty minutes, and we find out all kinds of stuff about our friend.
Speaker 1: Monaw all right, that's it, guys, have a great weekend. We're back Monday at five point fifty five. Hey m am.
Speaker 14: New Well wasn't that fun. If you missed any of the show today, All the Good Stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.