Speaker 1: Right now, let's say good morning to the host of Rich on Tech on KFI KTLA's tech reporter Rich Demiro. Rich, I have to ask you a question before we dig into our topics today.
Speaker 2: Sure, and it's well if I have an answer.
Speaker 1: Well, I figured if anybody would, you would, And I'm guessing that other people may be having this issue too. So I've got my iPhone right and it's a Sure fifteen Max Pro and sometimes when I open the email, you get those little boxes with the question mark that's basically blocking the pictures.
Speaker 2: Is there a way to clear that.
Speaker 1: Out so they come up? Because sometimes if I restart the phone, they'll come up, but sometimes they just don't show up, and it's annoying.
Speaker 3: That sounds like it's a connection issue at the time. So if they come up afterwards, it might just be that you're in an area that it's not loading those pictures. That's the only thing I can think of off the top of my head. Okay, see Ice, but I'd have to send me a screenshot so I can investigate.
Speaker 1: I will do that. That's why we have see I usual as my personal tech issue guy. So let's talk about something that everybody can probably relate to, and that is that YouTube says that TVs have overtaken mobile for viewing, so we're watching less on our little phones and more on big screens.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know about less.
Speaker 3: I don't think YouTube would want to say less on little phones, I think. And here's the distinction here. So they're going by watch minutes, and so if you ask me, of course you're going to be watching more on TV because you're watching longer, right, Like, you're probably watching like longer form content on TV. So that makes it, you know, just overall, watch time is longer on TV than it is on mobile. But I still think people are on mobile a lot. But of course, you know this is all because of TikTok. You know, they're trying to position themselves as hey, we are still a force here, we are still very strong and YouTube is very important as by the way, they are celebrating twenty years this year, which, oh my gosh, twenty years of YouTube. And so they talked about in this recent blog post. They just kind of go through all these things about how YouTube is such a big business and how content creation is so huge and it's pretty wild because some of these creators, you know, they have studios and you know, a lot of staff. I mean, it's pretty wild how many businesses have been built on the.
Speaker 2: Back of YouTube, which is pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Okay, I would rather watch it on a big screen. I'm tired of looking at stuff on my phone.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Do you ever get phone fatigue?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, no, No.
Speaker 3: Well it's funny because I'm kind of depends on the day, but sometimes I'm too lazy to turn on my TV to open up YouTube, so I will literally just go on my phone and I do that with it.
Speaker 1: With my computer. I'm like, I should go and look up this on my computer, and I'm like, ah, but then I have to go into the other room and I can just do it here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're lazy. Yeah, yeah, Okay.
Speaker 1: So for people who have multiple Apple accounts, a time of consolidation has arrived.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and this is kind of a big shift.
Speaker 3: So I don't know about you, but I've had two Apple accounts since like day one, because you didn't realize when you set up your original account just how much of your life would be linked to that account. And so when I set mine up, I use this random email address and ever since then, because I started buying things on that account. I've had to stick to that one forever. Well, now they say if you have two Apple accounts with different purchases and things between them, Apple has a way for you to consolidate them, so you can actually move the content from one account to another.
Speaker 2: So pick your favorite and then you can go into.
Speaker 3: Settings, Media and Purchases and tap view account and then there's like a new migrate purchases option, So basically you can move everything over to the new account or the you know, whichever account you prefer, and then you can use that from now on. So this is kind of a big shift because for many it's been kind of tough to change things about your Apple account, including your email address.
Speaker 2: So I'm all for.
Speaker 1: This, Okay, Well, yeah, less is more in my opinion. And I just mentioned to Wake Up Call listeners that there is a reason that they need to get their news from us here on KFI, and that's because AI gets it wrong. Sometimes.
Speaker 2: It gets it wrong a.
Speaker 3: Lot, and as someone who uses AI on a daily basis, my kid last night too was just laughing at some of the things that it gets wrong, and it does it with confidence, and I think that's the scary part is that you don't know if it's wrong unless you know what's wrong about it. BBC did a study and they looked at CHATCHYBT, Copilot from Microsoft, Gemini from Google, and Perplexity and they basically fed them stories from the BBC website and then kind of had journalists look and see what was right and what was wrong. And they said there were significant inaccuracies and distortions and fifty one percent of all AI answers to questions about the news had significant issues. Nineteen percent of AI answers had factual errors. And who did the best, well, who did the worst? Microsoft's Copilot and Google's Gemini. Okay, chat GBT and Perplexity did a little bit better.
Speaker 1: Okay, So here's a question for you, rich. If you say you want chat GPT to give you a news story or something, can you then ask the AI to fact check check itself.
Speaker 3: You can, Yes, you can, and it will go and take a second look. On Google, they actually have this built in, so Google knew that this was a problem. And so if you look at any answer from Gemini, there is a little Google Search button at the bottom and if you tap that, it will go through and fact check everything.
Speaker 2: So oh interesting, they changed it.
Speaker 3: They actually now it says double check response on Google, so if you tap that, it will then search Google for the response and highlight any inaccuracies or errors.
Speaker 2: So it's kind of smart in that aspect.
Speaker 3: With chat GBT, you could just ask to reconsider, say hey, can you check that, check those facts and it We'll go out and double check them that.
Speaker 1: Way, So he's kind of like Sanna making a list in checking it twice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but not automatically.
Speaker 3: So the reality is these things just come up with answers sometimes that they seem like they're right and they're not.
Speaker 1: Okay, so make sure you be careful you do double check, okayf tech guy is rich Demiro and you can hear him every Saturday from eleven to two right here, it's Rich on Tech and you can also see him on KTLA. You can follow him on Instagram at rich on tech, and you can get information about all the stuff he talks about on his website rich on tech dot tv.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Rich Damuro. Thanks Amy, have a great take you too,