Speaker 1: One, Ladies and gentlemen, we are back with another episode new World podcast. I got my boy baby Face Breaks aka Nick on the podcast today. As you can see, we also have a special guest. My daughter is joining us for her first podcast episode because if I put her down, she's gonna cry. But it's a great day. She turns two months tomorrow and we're just gonna hit him over ahead with a new podcast episode. So gee, if you have any questions, just raise your hand then we'll ask Nick. So, Nick, my brother, thank you for your time, thank you for your patience, thank you for being on our episode. This episode pretty much worked out pretty quickly. You know, I wrote you, you wrote me back, and here we are. And that's what I love about these podcasts where people are ready and you know, technically you kind of put this out because you know, Nick said, Yo, we need to collab. I saw the post. I was like, bet, let's collab. Let's do something. So here we are. Just tell us a little about yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I'm Nick.
Speaker 3: I run baby Face Breaks on Instagram, whatnot fanatics.
Speaker 2: Long story short, I'm.
Speaker 3: A card collector basically all things wrestling, only wrestling cards. I do breaks on a fanatics live with a team called All Sports Breaks, and I'm just all in on wrestling cards.
Speaker 1: So, okay, was it always this way? Was it always wrestling cards or.
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 3: As a collector, I collected here and there just wrestling like memorabilia and stuff like that. But now, since I want to say January, it's just been I on the prize wrestling cards only, and that's the focus right.
Speaker 1: Now, gotcha? Because I feel like there's since maybe I would say, probably around like the pandemic, you know, when we were all unemployed. I feel like, you know, Pokemon cards especially, I remember you your cards started to kind of like make a little run coming back. But I don't know what happened with Yo cards. But definitely I've noticed wrestling cards have taken over me. In particular. I don't have any wrestling cards I do collect, but I collect sports cards, but I definitely would like to start collecting wrestling cards. The thing I love about wrestling cards is I feel like every card is different, like specifically, like for instance, like Kevin Owens, I know you would know the way he signs his cards. He always puts something different on the car, like nobody gets the same thing. Twice yep. So like what got you into going from the wrestling memorabilia into the cars? Like what was the shift?
Speaker 3: The shift was an easy one. So January they announced that Tops is gonna have the license for wrestling. Personally, I didn't like the Panini product just the way it looked him. It was like a little cheesy to me. They started promoting the Tops chrow and the cards are just absolutely gorgeous. They're beautiful cards. And them buying a license, I was like, this is the biggest opportunity. Tops is gonna be king. They're gonna pump out wrestling product that's gonna be the best it's ever been.
Speaker 2: So this is the time to get in. So that was really the shift there.
Speaker 3: Once they bought the license and they're exclusive for Tops.
Speaker 1: So is it it's it's what's Panini? I feel like there's another company that does cards as well.
Speaker 3: Tops and Paninio, like one and two. There's other ones that are like here and there, like Flear you'll see older Saints. Yes, right now it's Tops and Panini, But as of now, who is making product?
Speaker 2: It's only Tops?
Speaker 1: Gotcha and as a as a card collector, because again we know how this goes the reselling, the camping out. I've seen videos online of people at Costco. They don't know how to act with the Pokemon cards. Same thing with game Stop. I remember that. I went to my local game Stop and they were like, we're not going to open the door until ten o'clock and then everything is one per person. Is that? Is it the same way with the wrestling cards like that, Like with the.
Speaker 3: Well, there's not enough product right now, to be honest to you. The last time they came out with actual, like physical product was in January, right after the remble. So okay, there hasn't been physical product on the shelves since like I want to say, March, So it hasn't been a thing for a while. And when it first came out, it wasn't super sodd after it's wrestling, it's not Pokemon, it's you know, it's it's a little bit compared to all this other stuff. Yeah, no fights, no big lines, just collected is trying to enjoy it.
Speaker 1: So my my boy, his his dad, I mentioned him in the last podcast. His dad got me into like baseball collecting, Like shout out to him. His name is Will and then his dad og so whenever his dad would find out about like a fire ass baseball player coming up in the ranks, like he would give me the card or whatever. But you know, this guy has plenty of cards, plenty of cards. Do you remember what was like the first car like wrestling card? You collected.
Speaker 3: Everything sino, So you know, it was always like if I saw john Cena wherever it was, I would have to pick something up. If I saw I was in the where I saw a pack with Johnson on it, I'd buy one and I would only keep Johnson. It's like he's like my number one guy. But as for like a specific one, I don't think so. No, There's there's stuff everywhere here, you know what I mean, from the nineties.
Speaker 2: There might be something from the nineties, like that old school setting.
Speaker 1: So is there is there a specific like seeing a card that's like your your favorite, like you would you would trade your soul for it?
Speaker 3: All right, I have it. I have the one I really wanted besides like the one ones, so like one I was really really looking up.
Speaker 2: I got that one, which I'll show you later.
Speaker 3: As for like one that I'm dying to good and my scene of collection is pretty up there were like the best to be honest with you, So if there's new stuff that's coming out, that's the stuff I really want. I did brad Ways with a nice like Travis Scott, Catrish, Jack Johnson to Auto to ten nice, but yeah, yeah, but the one I really want I have.
Speaker 1: So And how do you feel about Because I'm a big Travis Scott fan. There's a lot of Travis Scott gets a lot of slander in the in the community of you know, everything he does. I think Travis Scott is a genius. He's a marketing genius. He knows how to market himself very well. It started with Fortnite, It went to McDonald's, he has an Oakly deal. Most recently he did WW Me personally, as a wrestling fan, I feel like he left a sour taste in our mouth because he kind of ruined John Cena's heel turned It never happened like Johnson had ever turned heel, And I feel like, honestly, I just I feel like he capitalized on the the the union that they had, and he just wanted to drop some w W merch and he wanted to get out the door. How to the to the collectors because we all know that Travis Scott has his own collab with Tops. The cards look pretty cool. I've never been able to light in the pack. I know they're like, what three hundred and fifty for how many come in to pack? Exactly like an a set.
Speaker 3: Only eight coming in like a pack, and the pack's going for like nine hundred right now, only eight cards total coming.
Speaker 2: It's basically one hundred dollars a card.
Speaker 1: So that's that's that's yeah, that's nuts because then you get like you get the l WO members that nobody knows. First of all, one of the dudes from the l WO is not even Latin, but we're not gonna even talk about that. He's Filipino.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: I think it's Joe Kane Wilder, like he's.
Speaker 2: Dead not oh yeah yeah, And.
Speaker 1: I don't know why they got him in the Mexican group. It's it's kind of crazy, like he doesn't even expand it, like but yeah, you see, that's to me, I feel like one hundred dollars a card is a little outlandish. One thing I noticed when I started collecting, I was like, all right, I'm gonna buy these packs and hopefully we hit on some autos or something, and I just feel like it's way better to just get cards of the people that you like, like just one car, like fuck it if it's one hundred fifty dollars, that one hundred and fifty, it's a good reason, you know, like you know, you could probably flip it eventually, or like like, for instance, I've seen when shoe Hao Tani first came to the MLB, right, his cards was flying off the shelves, flying off the shelves. Then he got hurt, and then anybody the value of his card went to dust. And now he, you know, is picking back up. He's doing spectacular things. Is there any wrestling card, in your opinion, that you've seen that has gone from high value to low value?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it doesn't really work like sports as you would think, like a certain goats, like we'll say, like a women's goat, like Charlotte.
Speaker 2: Her market's horrible.
Speaker 3: She's a fourteen time women's World champion, and there are women that probably haven't wrestled five matches that are way more expensive than there.
Speaker 2: It is a little weird. It is for people dipping.
Speaker 3: A lot of people like the older people that Roban Reigns doesn't have a good market. Seth Rollins doesn't have a good market. It's pretty it's weird. Wrestling is very weird. They are really focused on the women aspect, which as wrestling fans you have you know how that goes.
Speaker 1: Of course, and you see like my thing about and you would probably be able to answer this better. What exactly in the in a card in a in a wrestling card makes it that everybody wants it because like this is Roman Reigne we're talking about, Like this is the tribal chief, the big dog, like everybody. You would think everybody be chopping at the bit to get a Roman range card.
Speaker 3: Right. The thing is sports, I know, it's not much the numbered stuff, the numbered autos everybody wants, not like Pokemon.
Speaker 2: Pokemon is not numbered.
Speaker 3: I know. Sports is like here and there numbered, right. They love case hits in sports like kabooms, downtowns, all that stuff. It's really just like the person you like, and it goes by how many people like this certain person and if they think that value is going to go up. So, for instance, like Stephanie Valcare right now, she's I want to say, number one in the market, her her prices aren't way higher than anything else. You pull a normal card of her, a base card goes for over one hundred dollars of just Stephanie Becker Julia, same way. It's real personally, it's really really a wild thing. It's not like sports where these guys perform and underperform like Seth Rollins, I thought he would have a big jump after winning the title.
Speaker 2: Stagnant. Market stagnant.
Speaker 3: So it's a really weird market, and you got to find what everybody wants and what they want.
Speaker 2: To buy, gotcha.
Speaker 1: I mean you would think so too, you know, you would think that since Seth cashed in the value, if you had like a one on one, the value would go up. But that's incredible. Now for those listeners who aren't into cards and don't understand the lingo that would probably be using. I know. There's different types of cards. You have the autos, which is an autograph. You have the insert which are usually the cards that have like a little image on them with the wrestler. What other kind of cards are there for the person that doesn't collect cards.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a base cards, which is just a normal card you'll get out of a pack and up special about it. There's case hits, which basically a full case would be like twenty eight to forty boxes somewhere around there, and only one case hit comes that whole entire case. So you got to rip through every single one of those boxes just to hit a case hit, and you got to hope it's a good case hit. Uh. There's patch autos, which they cut like a little patch from their memorabilia from the gear and they put it in the card. Uh, there's dual autos, there's inserts. Like you said, there's a mill for wrestling. There's a million different things. There's tag team cards. Now, there's Hall of Fame cards. You know, there's a million different cards.
Speaker 1: That's dope. That's yeah. Now have you ever pulled a grail before in your in your journey of pulling cards? And what was your reaction? Because I feel like I could assume you were in your room by yourself, you know, I feel like you like to do these things in quiet piece maybe record I don't know if you record yourself with your open packs just in case you got to document the reaction. But what was the grill that you pulled?
Speaker 2: It's not with me?
Speaker 3: Now, Well I do breaks too, so like I pulled a lot of stuff just breaking for other people. They weren't my cards because other people bought them, right, But probably one that I pulled, which is the best, would be out of five Undertaker auto from Sapphire.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: It was first on the print. He has one of the nice autos ever. It's just a beautiful auto. Looks the same on every single card. It's unbelievable, just a red background. I saw it from the get go and I was like, all right, let's hit this. So then it came out Undertaker out of five and it was pretty up there.
Speaker 1: So how much how much you think they're going for now? Give or take that card?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I sold it for a little over a thousand. I would say it's a twelve hundred right now.
Speaker 1: That's not bad.
Speaker 3: It's not like sports sports is like something like that would be fifteen twenty thousand, you know, right.
Speaker 1: So for somebody, let's say you were giving advice to somebody that wanted to get into the sports card realm, specifically wrestling, would you prefer them go to your your regular hobby shop and grab a card or you know, do do you do you suggest maybe eBay or I know what? Not is a big app for for trading stuff like that. Which one do you prefer or do you scour all three or even Facebook Marketplace?
Speaker 3: Yeah, all three. It depends on what type of collector you're going for. If you're going for stuff or just for your PC, you can go in eBay because then the biggest marketplace in the world. If you do something like me, who is a buyer seller essentially flip I buy on collections. That's that's really my thing. You go on Facebook Marketplace, you put on it, you know, you go a little harder on marketing, but yeah, if you're just trying to get stuff for the PC, eBay is usually as fair as possible. You could find some things on Facebook Marketplace. They have groups on Facebook now and whatnot's a huge thing, but it's basically it's dangerous, So I'm not gonna advise.
Speaker 2: You to go and whatnot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's funny because I remember the time, like when Whatnot first came out. So my my buddy, he used to do funkal pops and bro the amount of money, it's literally like I feel like you're hustling, like in quickness because it's like fifty dollars here, this pop. Funkle Pop is seventy five dollars. This Funkle Pop is thirty dollars. What's the most if you know, if you've done a Whatnot break Live, what's the most you ever sold a card on Whatnot?
Speaker 2: Oh? Uh, definitely a couple seven to fifties.
Speaker 1: You.
Speaker 3: I mean, like, usually I'll say it on here, I don't really in mind, but these guys know that if you're making a bigger deal, they'll say, hey, like I'm gonna hit you up for that card, and we're gonna do it on the side.
Speaker 2: We're gonna do something private.
Speaker 3: You get hit with a lot of fees on Whatnot, so okay, just do it right on the side, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: But like, it's a good place to showcase what you got.
Speaker 3: Other cards that are like twenty thirty forty bucks, like you like that, no problem, you take the fee on that. But bigger cards like that, they usually have a good understanding, like, Hey, I'm gonna give you a call later and we'll work.
Speaker 1: Something out that makes sense. Yeah, you just like I feel like, you know what man would not ends up being the middle man, and you just cut your middleman out, and you know, take take more money from your pocket. So again, I know we've we've we've been talking about the parallels between sports cards and wrestling cards. Most recently, I saw a basketball card. I don't know if it's real. It might be real. It looks cool though it's it's Lebron, Jordan, and Kobe all on the card with a patch from each of their jerseys. Now, if you can design any wrestling card, however you would want it, who would be on the card and why?
Speaker 3: I thought, I'm got to ask every question. That's probably my favorite question ever.
Speaker 2: Wow, damn.
Speaker 3: I mean I could do something personal and then I could do something like for like that would just be the most epic one ever. My personal ones are just all all my PCs, which would be like Sena Fatu, Dirty Dim and Roxanne Like that would be my grail. Like that's what I would want, but that's that's boring. But something that you really want to see, Damn, man, it would have to be like something from WrestleMania forty and that rope like every like maybe you know how Leif does like all those autos, like the four autos on the front, four autos.
Speaker 2: Have you ever see those cards like a dual side. I'd want, like all.
Speaker 3: Those autos that everybody that was involved in that main event, so Undertaker, who else was in there? Undertaker by my blanking out Undertaker. Roman Reigns obviously was in there, Cody Rhodes, Sina was involved in that, Solo was involved in that. Because everybody involved in that WrestleMania event, that.
Speaker 1: Would be an expensive ass card. Yeah, one one call. I was thinking about it before we got on the on the call, and I'm I'm pretty sure there has to be one of these somewhere in the world, and I'm gonna look at it. I'm gonna look it up when we get off the FaceTime, I mean off the podcast. But like Owen Hart, Red Hart card, like, I know, there has to be something somewhere with them two one it auto or not, even if it's their their WrestleMania match.
Speaker 3: So if you look up, I think TOPS did some media on it. A dude gifted Cody. I think only ten of them ever came out. It was a dual auto of Dusty and Cody and he gifted it to him, and it's an unbelievable looking card. Man, It's two autos of Dusty's on top. Cody's on the that's not really really cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, that's absolutely nuts. All right. So we reached the part in our segment Augia where we're gonna do our top five that are alive. I did my top five foods with Vincenzo his top five Italian foods. He had a great, great top five. He is acting up. She's a little she's a little fussy. It's okay. So we're gonna start with your top five cards to your collection. We're gonna start with number five. What does it mean to you? How'd you get it? And what's its value currently?
Speaker 2: Okay, number five?
Speaker 3: Dude, it's in between one or two. All right, I'll go with this one. It's gonna be a one of one brock Lessener here. I don't know, you might be at an out of it, but yeah, it's a one on one brock Lessener.
Speaker 1: I know that's fire.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: So uh. The story about that is that brock Lessner is one of my top PCs mm hm, and just getting that one of one was I think it was my first one of one I've ever gotten, So it's something that I probably keep forever. And now that it came back I mean the values.
Speaker 2: I can't even enjoin the values on that. Right.
Speaker 3: Now, we'll go number four, which will be the dual auto out of ten brock Lesonar and Roman.
Speaker 1: No, that's a tough ass card. What the heck?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's a sick one value. I have no idea.
Speaker 3: Again, like brock Lessener just came back, so it could be notnrocketed. But these two duped it out a million main events. I mean the aura and both of them. Do you can't touch that aura? I mean, I don't care who you want, like, you know, those two are just different. Yeah, those two are different.
Speaker 1: We have five and four. Let's see number three.
Speaker 3: Number three. I just picked this up and like I said, Faw is one of my big PCs. I think he's gonna go to the moon. I think he's got that aura like like Roman has. And this is a fat two p s A ten auto out of ten. That's tough now because of the background.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's tough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, especially since then.
Speaker 1: You know, Jacob j have just got into the WW so he's you know, he's getting all these cards and stuff like that. So I don't think he you know, he wasn't getting that indies. But there is a dude on the indies. His name is p w J. He throws wrestling shows. He actually does a cool cool thing where whoever's on the show, like he'll make cards about them. So when when, uh, when Jacob put was on the indies. He has a cool Jacob card. He has a Zilla card. Most recently, they just released a mystery I Guana card which is actually fire.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I worked with the p w J at Wrestle Con.
Speaker 2: He was there.
Speaker 3: Didn't get a chance to talk to him, but yeah, he had that mister Iguana card. I love what he does. I think it's awesome. I wish he took like more fire, you know, I wish he got more traction. But it's really awesome what it does for sure.
Speaker 1: But so let's see the last two. What's your top two?
Speaker 3: This is gonna be like the toughest one. It's it's one, A, one B. But this is the scene of card I was talking about, it's a one out of five. It'd be tough to see that scene as a one out of five. Yeah, yeah, there, it's a one out of five. John Cena, it's gonna be his last auto ever ever recorded. On a wrestling card ever, and there's only five of them in the world that I have, the first one on print. The only one better is the one of one so which I'm still looking for. It hasn't been dropped yet. I don't think anybody's picked it up. But that's the scene of card I was looking for. And then really, I think no card could ever touch this. I'm gonna give this to my kids one day, hopefully they give it to their kids. It's the first ever stone cold Steve Austin on card auto. It's his rookie like, this is the first party ever signed in his whole life. It's actually number two if you see, there's only five hundred in the world, and there's not one in the world great better than mine, which is a beck at ten auto. Yeah, and I mean there, yeah, yeah, yeah, it's a stone called stunn Or too. I mean it's it's just a grail card that I'll never touch, I'll never sell.
Speaker 2: It's priceless.
Speaker 1: So now, yeah, that's that's something that you pass on to your to your kids.
Speaker 3: For sure.
Speaker 1: Sure. I think that's a solid top five for any of the people that that collect cards that are listening, you know, I think I think Nick got a pretty solid I mean, you have a car with Roman reigns and Black Lester. I don't think you could.
Speaker 2: You could, yeah, not many, not many people.
Speaker 3: There's only ten of those in the world, so like they didn't release any like lower level ones.
Speaker 2: So I mean, it's it's an awesome card.
Speaker 1: Bro Is there is there like a dream autograph or like a dream card that you would always that you want, that that you know that you've always dreamt of having.
Speaker 3: There's a there's a couple. I mean, I really want the one of one Dim Mystereo. I just talked to the guy today. We're a little far off on the number, but that's really what I love Dom. I think Dom's awesome. He's gonna be something different. I mean then and the vintage stuff too, Like I just saw an Eddie Guerrero on Carduto pop up, you know, stuff like that. But I would say the one of one Dom mysterial auto.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dom is is definitely the future. I love Dom. Dom's his swag is you know. I feel like there's yeah, no, it's it's hard to be better than your pops, and I feel like Dom will dead ass be better than his pops. Which is crazy because I was watching an interview with with Zilla today and he, you know, he mentioned that when they were younger, him at Zilla and Dom used to like play around, spend a lot of time together. So I feel like that's one match that we have to get whenever the time is right. We definitely have to get that.
Speaker 3: Zilla's got some time. But I just met him at Restakanto. What a genuine dude, unbelievable personality or just a warm soul.
Speaker 1: So yeah, Zilla is it is definitely a cool dude. Whenever his card comes out, that's.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be.
Speaker 1: They already got the Zilla half in half ort, already cooked up, already ready to go.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 3: I have the I have the Dom Mysterio and Ray Mysterio where it's like a variation where it came out where it's Dom as a kid and it's it's that card with the blonde hair and ship. Yeah, and they're both in the ring when it's like an iconic card. Man, it's something I'll never sell you there.
Speaker 1: Does does a W have cards? Do they do cards?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: They have arts. I mean it's not as as nice as w W.
Speaker 3: And I mean the talent's not there, but you'll see a market for Tony Storm mocks hangman ospray Omega. I don't think he does too well. To be honest with you, I think he's had cards in Japan, that's why. But it's just not as not as big. You know.
Speaker 1: That's tough now has collecting cards because I saw you did a video the other day when you were in the mall and you just I think you were either coppin or you sold. I think you sold a pack to somebody, like three packs to somebody, or I think you bought them. I'm not too sure, correct me if I'm I bought them. So has this journey of yours? Has it connected you to any wrestlers and or wrestling fans, like make it you got closer to the love of the sport, dude.
Speaker 3: It's it's the best thing about it. Like I said, this wrestlekind, I met so many different people. I have wrestlers come up to me and they know my stuff, which is cool. I've done deals with Cardona, I've done deals.
Speaker 2: With a lot of people.
Speaker 3: Zella. I gave a couple of cards to a lot of the influencers like Van Vliet, cool with him now. I sent the packages all the time. Santie's weezy blonde. I mean Alan Owens too, I'm super cool with him. We're doing a video soon.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Just being in the community and I mean, now it's technically my side job, so I need to be on top of wrestling, but it just makes it so much easier, you know, And it's really good just the community as a whole, and people coming up to me and say, hey, I see your videos and you know I bought cars from you.
Speaker 2: It just you know, it means to all the school.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, I've noticed. One thing I've definitely noticed is the wrestling community is very tight knit and like everybody knows everybody. You'll always see everybody at one thing. I've noticed with another thing, these wrestling pay per views. Whenever ww's in town and there's a show, every single indie talent in the world is at the show. I've gone to DNA, I've seen indie wrestlers. I've gone to an XT, I've seen indie wrestlers. I really like, especially in New York because you're from New York World from New York, yep. And like I was telling Vincenzo New York is the mecca.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: If you know, if it's not popping here is not popping anywhere. It's not La it's not Texas.
Speaker 3: Fat.
Speaker 1: The middle of the world runs through New York, through through music, where the financial capital of the world. The best wrestlers are from New York. The best music is from New York, the best foods from New York. And I just feel like, you know, people like you and me, and in this wrestling space, it's a cool space to grow again. I didn't I didn't know baby Face breaks from a hole in the world. We just happened to randomly, you know. And you're doing your thing. I'm doing my thing, And I feel like that's the best part about the wrestling community is there's people that collect cards, there's people that videotape the wrestlers, there's photographers, there's there's people on TikTok. I see a guy he goes around and his whole shtick is he wants to be announcer. So he goes to these meeting greets and he announces the wrestlers to the point where like, you know, they they love it, like he did Dom the other day, And I'm like, oh, Bro, Like that's so cool because like Dom is going with it, He's putting the championship up in the air and everything like that. But the wrestling community, especially in New York, is cool. There's there's so many content creators. Nobody tries to like step on anybody's toes. There's it's not one of those things where like, oh, I'm the only card collector in the world, I'm the only one that does wrestling cards. Like Bro, There's there's so many of us. But it's just like it's it's less tearing down and like less crabs in a bucket mentality and more like, hey, like, how can I help you? Like, let's let's collab, let's you feel me. That's essentially I feel like that's what old this is. It's like, you know, like we're collabing right now. This is a collaboration. You feel me, you know it. And it's funny how everything works. Interviewed Vincenzo. He's wearing the baby Face Breaks hat. I'm like, yo, bro, that hat is tough. And then now look I'm with the owner of baby Face Breaks. So it's just you know, the universe has The universe has a weird way God is definitely one of the greatest comedians. The baby's knocked out. I love this. He this is gonna make for a good look at this. I'm gonna show my wife like whenever, whenever you want the baby to go to sleep, just let me podcast in my arms.
Speaker 3: The sound of your voice.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: No, she she loves it. I love her so much, so I I have to. One of my boys told me to ask you this question, and I find it funny. So he said, would you rather have a vintage Hogan signed boot or a modern Roman reins you see the thing that he wears on his hand, like the glove, Yeah, or a Roman rains glove. Damn, take your time. I know, I know you love memorabilia, so this is hard.
Speaker 2: Damn. Wow. Both are sweet.
Speaker 1: I mean.
Speaker 3: The vintage stuff is like, that's timeless. Bro. You've probably seen a million Roman reigns like gloves, you know what I mean. I know my boy on State Island over here has two of them, you know, But a whole Togan boot like and that vintage style white or red boot that he used to wear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's kind of been clothes, bro, that one.
Speaker 1: The boot is bro, it's I went to a Fanatics fest this year, first time going. I think it's like the second one. And when I tell you, Bro, the amount of cards that we're there, like, I was just I wasn't gonna buy anything, but if it was affordable, I would have threw a stab at it. So I'm walking around and I'm seeing the prices on some of these cards and I'm like, brouh, Like I don't know if I'm getting head cracked again, I'm just window shopping. But yeah, they have they have these uh what's it? Somebody had like a raymisterial mask, which is cool. I feel like that's that's a dope thing to have. That's they had a Penta mask, but like not W W Pencer, Like I don't even think it was a W. Penzer, Like I think it was like Indie Penza, which is kind of cool. Do you have like any memorabilia that you that you own that's like super near and dear to your heart?
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is this is a really funny one. Actually, so at Russell con I got put next to my Kyota.
Speaker 2: Okay, that dude is the best human in the universe.
Speaker 3: Bro, I mean we talked shop for hours upart of hours it felt like that dude was like my uncle that I never had, you know what I mean, just the stories like coming from his perception it's on there're a million dollar stories and just a genuine guy like you said, there's no no ego involved in him. We were just man to man. It was nothing like, Oh, I'm my Kyota. Dude was the best guy in the world and he signed he signed something for me after working with him for two days, and it says like to my best pal Nick, a couple other things and then it's the WrestleMania.
Speaker 2: Cash and the Rolins. That's the picture of So I.
Speaker 3: Mean that one is just like you get eight by tens, you go up to them, Hey, what's your name?
Speaker 2: How are you? You shake the hand?
Speaker 3: But the story with Kyota, like we have each other's number, he wears my hat on his podcast, just like a genuine friendship we developed.
Speaker 2: So I would have to same, like Kyota eight by ten.
Speaker 1: To me, that's that's pretty dope. That's pretty Do you do you fancy these wrestle cons. I've never I've never been to one. I know they did. The last one was in Jersey. That one look pretty cool. I would love I would love to go to one. I feel like that's for somebody in my lane where we interview people. I feel like that's somewhere that I gotta be at again.
Speaker 2: I just.
Speaker 1: A couple of my buddies go and I asked him. I'm like, yo, so, like, how does that work? Like do you wait until? Like I could only imagine, Like I'm just gonna use JBL for example, Like imagine you get to you get on JBL's line. And I'm not saying JBL has the longest line in the world, but let's say he has a couple of people, right, and then you got people behind you wait, and it's like do you ask him, Hey, mister Bradshaw Layfield, like can I get a three minute interview with you? And I'm pretty sure some of them will probably say yes, some of them will probably say you gotta pay a fee. There's something that might even do a free you know. He tells me like he did my boy shout out to Manny's Manny's content, he did kurd Angle. He got an interview with kurd Angle, and you know, pretty much pasted kurd Angle for advice because my friend Manny shout out to him and his baby mother. They're about to have a kid, a baby boy, so he pretty much asked him for fatherly advice, which I think is pretty cool because the advice was it was wholesome. You know, it's you know, kurd Angle is pretty much saying that, you know, he never really got to spend a lot of time with his kids because he was always on the road, and you know when he when he did get to spend time with him, he really wasn't there. But you know, it's it's I definitely want to go to the next wrestled con. I know they have what is it called big event they're doing, like the Big Goldberg's Lasting.
Speaker 3: Yes things last time Goldberg's there too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll be there. I'll be there.
Speaker 3: I have a table there, so yo, if you ever want, if you can get some talent, come up to the table. You're more than welcome to use it, hang out, but I would set things up in advance, you know what I mean. These guys are normal guys. I saw Mark Henry do four or five auto interviews and all the indie people are just walking around. Man, They're dying for content, just just as we are, you know what I mean. So I'm sure they wouldn't have a problem, just like Zilla. I talked to Zilla for damn near ten minutes. He went to went to my table. He was like, Yo, you got any I gave him a nice card of OFFENSECA gave him a hat, just a genuine dude that I mean you'll get You'll get those people walking around for sure. So I would shoot your shot and I'll be there for sure. And if you need a spot to post up, just I'm chill with me.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And when is the for those people that are interested in going to the event, when is the next big event? I know it's like a November.
Speaker 2: It's a November in Long Island. Yeah, it's a two day event, maybe maybe one or two. I gotta check in. I think November sixteenth or fifteenth, something like that.
Speaker 1: Gotta yeah, I gotta check out those dayscause I would love to go to.
Speaker 3: Like I.
Speaker 1: I'm a big I'm a mark nicky. We all are, ye all marks like I just my bark level is not like turned up all the way. But like sometimes i'd be marking out and I feel like, you know, I kind of had an epiphany the other day. And I always tell this to my boy Dave's he's one of my podcast buddies that he runs this podcast with me, and we always tell each other the same quote, and it's like, you know, for every thousand no's, you're gonna get a yes. And that one yes, bro could open a lot of doors. And one story that I wanted to tell. I really don't tell a lot of stories on this podcast. I usually let the people that I'm interviewing tell the stories. But we had Isaiah Cassie from Private Party. He pulled up to Hog. I want to say, June, I forgot what it was, but I'm bring side with my boy watching the show and my boy Dave comes up to me. He's like, yo, Like Isaiah Cassidy and Private Party they want us to like like film their vlog. I'm like, like, I had plans on filming the wrestling matches, but you know, shit, it's not every day where you get to film for Private Party. So we get to the end of the night and I'm ready to go. You know, we're helping break down because we like helping you know, our boy wrestlers for the promotion LPW, which is like the NXT of Hog. So you know, sometimes we help put the chairs away, we help clean up whatever. And Dave pulled me to the side. He's like, yo, like you know, Isaiah Cassidy just paid us. I'm like, what the fuck do you mean he paid us. He's like, yeah, Bro, he paid us. He gave me. He gave Dave some bread. He gave me some bread. And from this day, Bro, I have the utmost respect for Isaiah Cassidy and Mark Quinn and Private Party because they didn't have to do that. You know, it's for them to pay us to record them. And if you if you go on his blog, you could see it. Well you're backstage, I'm sitting there with the same Yankee hat Opichades and you know, again, extremely humble dude. They're cool dudes. Like you said, Bro, they're humans just like us. They're marks. Wrestlers are bigger marks than us most of the time. Fat facts. But any you know, anytime Private parties around, I'll cop whatever I can because again, they didn't have to do that. They support the culture and that's that's pretty dope to see. This has been a great By the way, if you guys are listening to this PODC cast, make sure you go on Instagram and follow Nick at baby Face Breaks. He's a very cool dude sliding his dms. He he was telling me, you say you don't sell packs, you sell blasters or what they're called.
Speaker 3: I sell like banger packs. They usually like banger packs. Yeah, they usually like exclusive to the shows I go to. I am gonna look up maybe like a little e commerce thing where I could sell some packs, because product's really hard to come by. I make sure every pack that I give you is gonna be more money than then you paid for it. You know, you're not gonna get killed on the stuff I do. But if I do something like that, I'll hit you up. But otherwise, just any card you need, Like I'm a hunter, you need a card, I'll find it, no doubt, no problem. I'll get it for you or I have it. I have the inventory over of ten twenty thousand cards in my inventory, so I probably have it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's just let me know. Yeah for sure.
Speaker 1: How's the how's the me if I'm wrong with a terminology? There's hobby shops, then there's like card shops. How is it like where you live or do you have a lot of them? Because like over here in Yonkers. We really have like like a card store. We have like one, like one big one. So he has the right to charge whatever he wants to charge for whatever he.
Speaker 3: Wants, right we have local card shops. It's same vibe overview, there's just a lot more. But for wrestling, the products and not there.
Speaker 2: That's the problem. It's just unaccessible. And that's where we're finding the problems.
Speaker 3: You know, you can go anywhere and you're never gonna find you find a wrestling box right now, there's a zero percent chance.
Speaker 2: You're gonna find one in the wall. It's not possible.
Speaker 3: So I don't really deal with card shops as much. All product I get is through the company that I work for. They send me product right to my house. I break in online and that's really it. But other than that, I stacked my inventory by buying collections and singles and stuff like that. But product's tough, man, It's almost impossible to get now with the.
Speaker 1: With the the newest releases because I forgot what store was. I know, Target does wrestling cards, I know, not not Walmart Walmart, but like, yeah, we don't see you don't have Walmart down here. We got like a Target, but would you suggest, like is it worth it to camp out for these cards or like what we were saying before, like is it better off just you know, you going looking for a specific card that you want. Because essentially, let's say you the target opens up at eight, you're on the line at six, you wait two hours, you go get your pack, and you're you're you got nothing. You got dirt, like no, not even a no inserts, nothing like what's your take on that?
Speaker 3: So my advice there is either go, like if you want to be most wrestling guys are just like collectors of certain people, so they'll only buy cards of certain people. The way I do my breaks is if you're a real and Rains guy, you come into my break and you buy Roman Rains. So if I open up a case of cards, you're gonna get every single Roman Rains cards that comes out right to your hands. So I would suggest going and breaks, buying the people that you like, or going on eBay and just checking out singles. You know, but if you want to like it's that that uh you know, like the addiction to rip, you gotta rip here and there. I mean, it's the best thing in the world. There's nothing like ripping. You know, it's an automatic l but you gotta do it.
Speaker 1: Not yet, it's a it's a one thing I love about the whole card thing is is watching people open cards, like the way they open cars. Like I forgot what it was. The guy who's ripping like basketball cards and like he ripped the uh he ripped the victor Wemba Yamba Like it was like I think one on one are like very expensive card and like, bro, the dude literally like jumps out of his skin because it's a it's a victor win Byamba card. But it's a it's a it's a listen man, wrestling. Like I said, wrestling brings people together. It's a it's a great community. It's a niche community. It's it makes the world small and but it makes the world big at the same time because like you could have a person across the world and in India that wants to you know, cop a card off off a nick and it's like, you know, wrestling is is just it's just such a beautiful thing. How we could all mark out over something so simple.
Speaker 3: So it's amazing. It's the best community ever. It's three hundred and sixty five days no off season. We've been fans, like since we're kids, we're still fans as fathers. You know, we're gonna hands it down to our kids. I mean it's great, you know, yeah.
Speaker 1: N I be So my wife doesn't really like wrestling that much. She'll watch it everyone, Like she watched the ww on Real Show with me, which was cool, but like I'm trying to get the baby, the baby into it, like the baby low key watches it because like I was watching it when she was just young. Like I remember, I'll never forget bro I was at my grandma's house and I walked by the team and my uncle used to watch it o d religiously, like so his girlfriend used to back in the day, and I'm age myself. She used to record them on the VHS and then on Monday she would give me the VHS to watch the pay per view so I didn't have to pay for it. So the first wrestler I've ever seen was the Undertaker, and I remember like jumping, being so scared, but like at the same time, I was like intrigued, so like I kind of went back in the living rooms like to see what it was. And then you know, ever since then it's just like you know, wrestling. I don't want to say it's taken over my life, but like it's And then I feel like wrestling has has not for only me, for but like a lot of people. I feel like wrestling has kept a lot of youth out of trouble. Because if it wasn't for wrestling, I don't I really don't know what kind of the bauchery I'd be getting myself into. I would say wrestling in video games probably saved me. I'd probably be in jail because I probably did some dumb stuff back in the day. But like wrestling really saves lives. And you know, it's like I said, it's so cool that I could have people on these plays forms from different walks of life, like content creators, people like yourself that collect cards. One thing about the I would say memorabilia or collecting. You see how like we were mentioning aw has cards and you know, there's not really a market for them, is there? Because I guess the wrestlers are still alive, but the company's not. Is there any value in like old WCW cards if they even make if they even made WCW.
Speaker 3: Cards, No, there's a I mean ninety percent of them.
Speaker 2: I mean we all have them.
Speaker 3: They're like the red, yellow, black cards that if I showed you one right now, you're like, oh yeah, like I've noticed those. There's this certain set that came out and I think I told you I just saw an Eddie Guerrero on card auto. I mean it's the most limited set ever and it was WCW H and they just ran it one time. But other than that, no, you're not going to find anything like worth value. I mean that's crazy.
Speaker 1: And it's crazy because like if you look at the stars that they had back, like again, I'm I love w C W. And there's just certain wrestles like I would love a Conan car like I would you know. It's just like there's certain things there is, right and and like I remember when was it this is when this is more memorabilia. But I remember when Xpac left the nWo and they started wearing the uh, the nWo shirt with the six ball on the back. Bro, do you know how hard it was to find that shirt?
Speaker 3: Like I've really I feel like people remade that ship though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like you, like I used to, I think was the way you chase cards I used to chase. I used to chase like vintage merch. Like vintage merch was like bro. I used to spend hours on eBay, on hours on Etsy looking for surets.
Speaker 3: Like there was a.
Speaker 1: Stone Cold shirt that I bought that wasn't even my size. I just bought it because the shit was so hard and I love camel So I had the the camouflage skull on the front and like he's holding like two cans of beer and in the back and it says like don't trust anybody, but it's in camouflage.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: I was like, I'm extra large. The shirt is like a large, and I cop that only were at once. But it's just like like it was just a case of getting that merch Bro. Or like back in the day WWE, like when we were in high school, w W every Thursday they would drop Thursday like throw back Thursday shirts. And that's another thing about the kind of gets me upset. Their their quality on their shirts is completely They kind of went, yeah, Bro, it's it's whack. It's so whacked to the w W shop shirt. Bro, No way, no, absolutely, And and I think that goes with with that whole like deal that they got with fanatics, because even the baseball jerseys and football jerseys with fanatics is like the quality's tour it's and it's whack because WW shirts used to be gas Like I can't. It's just it's too thin for me. And I'm you know, I'm I'm a stickler for good merch. I'm in the process of trying to make merch myself for the podcast and for the boys. And it's like something so so small as like the texture of the shirt, like.
Speaker 3: For sure, if you need like a guild and heavyweight or a shaka or something like that, Yeah, I'm not wearing a shirt.
Speaker 1: Bro's like a shaka, like I forgot, I have a zilla, had a he hosted a rap show on my birthday and they dropped like a merch drop and the shirt is shakas and it's it kind of reminds me of like the quality that Fourth Rope uses, Like on the Fourth Rope shirts, Bro, the Fourth Rope shirts are so yass, like West Side Gun that asks like he's know what he's doing with those with the quality of those shirts, like for sure, yeah the shirt is eighty bucks. But at the end of the day, like there's nobody making merch like that. And there's a lot of wrestling bootleggers that make, you know, bootleg shirts and shit like that, but like nobody's making shirts like like West Side Gun right now. And every time I wear them, like you get some sort of compliment when you go out, like people are, oh, would you get like, bro, this is this is fourth rope right here, and they're like, oh, what's that? And I'm like I got to explain to them what forethrope is and it's like, yeah, but that's that they should definitely that's one group of people that should definitely drop some some trading cards just fourthrow like trading card or like Josh Bishop trading card super Tough.
Speaker 2: They would pop off for sure. For sure.
Speaker 1: Do you have any upcoming like card shows coming up or so.
Speaker 3: My next one? I'm sort of like strained away from the local cards, Like local card shows. Wrestling doesn't do as well as you think.
Speaker 2: It's cool.
Speaker 3: You know here and there, customers are here and there. But I'd rather just do my stuff online, stack up and and do these big wrestling events. So big Event in November is gonna be my next one?
Speaker 1: Nice? And you said that's November sixteen.
Speaker 4: It's in the team somewhere. Yeah, I'll send you a flyer and if it's one of them, but it's called and why if I'm off that weekend, I'm going because Yeah, I feel like it's it's like one of those things like a rite of passage. You have to like go and see you know, you never know who you could who you could fuck around and catch an interview from.
Speaker 2: You know, it's exactly I mean, you gotta shoot your shot there.
Speaker 3: Like I said, I would never met my Kyoto Zilla A couple, I mean like ten to twenty different people, a lot of connections that I grew from there. The dude Alin Owens, he came up to me, Malcolm was up like we were just chilling out a lot of cool people. You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it's it's it's the key to networking man.
Speaker 2: That's that's what That's what you gotta face, bro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now you have to because then you show the face and then they're like, oh, okay, it makes sense now right you're this guy I just see me. Uh, I don't know, I'm I'm not I'm not gonna say I'm weird, but like I don't want to go up to somebody like, yo, are you baby face breaks from it from its Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean it is definitely weird, but it's you know, you say it one time and that's it. Then I'm just Nick after that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: People come up to me and they're like, you are your south Side game. I'm like, bro, just gave bro like you Yeah, like I follow Yeah it's cool, bro, I follow you too.
Speaker 2: But let's yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I feel like same thing with Twitter, like back in the day, like, oh you're Facebook, Like yeah, I follow you on Facebook? Like bro, social media is not real. That's not me, That's that's who I am. Is not who I am in real life. I promise you that. Like, but yeah, Nick, it was. It was definitely a pleasure having you on the pod. This was this was really dope. I feel like, you know, I learned a little bit more about you. And and I said this to Vincenzo too, because I feel like I'm end up seeing him again for sure, but like I feel like I I peeled back another layer of him. I feel like I pulled back a layer of you. I feel like we're gonna end up hanging out eventually. Outside of Instagram and outside of the podcast, just you know, keep on doing what you're doing. Never stop grinding, keep on ripping, love what you do, be the best at what you do. Because the only person that could, I could stop you from being great as yourself. And that's you know. It took me a long time to realize that. I feel like I was being stagnant, had idle hands, and I had my kid, and I'm looking at my kid and I'm like, yo, bro, like I gotta do something Like I you know, it's cool to be a dad, but don't don't lose your identity of just being a dad. You feel me like I still want to go to wrestling events and stuff like that, Like, yeah, I'm gonna have to sacrifice. I won't make every wrestling event, but sometimes you got to sacrifice for the greater good. Again, Nick, it was a pleasure just let everybody know where they could find you. On your socials.
Speaker 3: You can find me at baby Face Breaks, on Instagram. I'm on TikTok a little bit here and there, but I'm always on the Instagram.
Speaker 2: So phut me up there.
Speaker 1: Definitely hit him up. He's gonna have merch soon. He has cool hats. I can't wait to get mine. It's like a dad hat snapback kind of thing, like, look at that, bro, you got baby film.
Speaker 3: I know I'm gonna send it to you as soon as I get it, and it's it's coming in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: I got you.
Speaker 1: But yeah, and I can't wait. I'm aware of that.
Speaker 2: Every single yo, they they flew off. They flew, Bro, I had one run they flew.
Speaker 1: So that's good. Now, that's hey man, that goes. That goes to show you your product is hot. When you when you got the hottest cracking in the streets, you feel me, crackhead will sew anything to get a piece of the product. But yeah, keep doing your thing, Bro, I appreciate your time. Thank you very much again. Baby Face breaks on Instagram. Guys, I'm gonna show him some love. Our episode should be dropping soon. This is This episode is being recorded on August twelve. They'll probably be out sometime next week. We're gonna keep on grinding, keep on pumping out these episodes, and we're just gonna keep on being great. As you guys can see, my daughter's knocked out. This is so cool that she knocked out like this. I've never seen anything like this before.
Speaker 2: Awesome.
Speaker 1: But we're gonna we're gonna sign out. We're gonna wrap this up. We're almost on an hour, an hour of talking wrestling cards, which goes to show you this could have been longer. This could have been a two hour show. But you know, we got Nick got stuff to do. I got stuff to do. I don't want to take up too much of his time, but Nick, I appreciate you the New World Podcast signing out.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much. Bro. You're doing really good things. Bro, thank you so much. I really appreciate you having me.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you, brother. And we're also having a if you, if you're down the end of this month, we're doing a Clash in Paris watch party. This is the first time we're announcing it live, lazy gentlemen, So we're doing a watch party here in Yonkers. I've never done a watch party before. This is my first one. We linked up with the people at Simple Motive Brewing Brewery here in Yonkers to have it there. It's gonna be a great time. If you're here, come on down, have some drinks with the boys. We're gonna talk wrestling It's three o'clock the paper US in France, so it's gonna be pretty early so especially a day party. But again, thank you Nick. We appreciate you. I hope you have a great night, hope you rip some packs and we'll see you when we see you, lazy gentlemen, it's your boy Gabe signing out. Gia says good night and a long kiss from her. We'll see you guys later. Folks,