Speaker 1: Did you do this for me because we had a rough start to the show, because the first hour was not our best? Is that why you're giving me a little dave? Because I know Ck didn't pick it?
Speaker 2: Oh he did, Oh he did. Oh.
Speaker 1: Maybe he's doing it because he listened and realized it was a rough start to the show.
Speaker 3: I'm not entirely sure. I'm not entirely sure what his I gave him full full.
Speaker 1: Choice on the musical, all right, c K two part question why aren't you in studio? And why Tuesday instead of Friday?
Speaker 4: Well, busy week this week, and I had a staff meeting that, like you know, I know people don't think I have a real job, and oftentimes I don't. But I had a staff meeting unfortunately that bumped up way too close to this and it just got done at like three oh one, so I wouldn't have been able to swing it in person. So apologies, but duty calls, as you know, And I'm sorry about the rough start to the to the show. I wasn't aware, don't. I don't know where we landed on opening tip. I don't know if it was Isaiah Isaiah Colliers downhill ability or the daltoncaid catch. But whatever you need, I'm here to help.
Speaker 1: I wish I had texted you before because I would have needed that for Opening Tip. And that's that's disappointing, because I feel like Opening Tip is an everyday listen for you.
Speaker 4: It typically is, because like any good friend, I am never lacking for good material to either help or tease a good friend. So I missed it. So can you? Can you bestow it upon me? Or are we trying to move on?
Speaker 1: No, I'm going to bring you into the content of Opening Tip. The rough start is we just we had a guest who was I'm sure a very capable guest, but he was babysitting while he was talking, and so.
Speaker 4: You know, it's been there, Spence, Yeah, it's been there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it was like Leo times ten. So I just had to let him go. It's it's all good, We're fine. But you know, doing a sports soccer radio show is not unlike doing any other job. Some days you feel like you're doing a good job. Other days you just you don't have it. It's like when you sit down and you fire up the classical music and you're ready to start writing a story.
Speaker 2: You know, you strike me.
Speaker 1: As a guy that at times might scrap something and then start over.
Speaker 2: Is that fair?
Speaker 4: Oh, one hundred percent. It's got to be top down. I think I've told you this. I think the monsters who can write like in various spots and then put it all together, that is That is alien behavior. That is stuff that I am totally unable to do. My OCD is just off the charts. It has to be from the top down. And you're right, you're right about the classical music man some Claire dealon on repeat. We're not wrong, You're wrong on repeat repeat. Yeah, you got to black out a little.
Speaker 2: Bit, okay, like a mad scientist.
Speaker 1: Who do you know in the business that writes the way you just described, Like, who's the biggest alien that you know?
Speaker 4: Oh? I mean a lot of people are really good at that. Some of our close friends. Faulk is very very good at writing different pieces and different like portions of the story and then putting it all together in like ten minutes. I could never do that. It's just it's a very very difficult gift. And I know that your listeners are very much into the idea of journalism construction, especially sports journalism. Construction. So I'm just here to tell everybody that while this job doesn't seem real, it is a creative task that sometimes can take its toll.
Speaker 1: Do you take for granted because you reference you at a staff meeting? And one of my favorite things about what we do for a living is I don't have to deal with a lot of meetings and I don't have to return a lot of emails. I don't have to, you know, do the everyday things that other jobs mandate. And God blessed the people to do that because I just I tried it. I wasn't great at it. And I don't know if that's ADHD or the bing bong brain or whatever. But because you don't have meetings, when you do have meetings, how does that hit?
Speaker 4: You know? It's funny you bring that up. Like I'm pretty talkative, but sometimes, like for today example, it was, you know, our college football staff just getting together to kind of talk about the end of the season and just look forward and kind of just bounce ideas. Very informal, very informal, But today for some reason, I felt a little spicy. Just got in there with some ideas, you know, try to mix some things up. But That's that's it. Man, Like I have, I really have just like one half court. Even me, I don't think I could ever exist in the realm where it's like you have multiple one of these a day. I just I don't have it in me. I understand that that is like coming from a point of privilege beyond measure. But kudos to the folks who, either digitally or in person, are able to just bounce from one meeting to another because they're doing They're doing a job and work that. Frankly, I know I could never do.
Speaker 1: I have a friend who works in a works for a staffing company, and he's done very well. He's a sweet guy, and for a decade, every morning Monday through Friday at seven thirty am, they had what was called their Red Zone meeting, and he had to be at work.
Speaker 2: You had to be up president. You'd be president at work, you know.
Speaker 1: He had to dress up all the things, and it was just an hour of them pumping each other up and they would like jump up and down to get ready to sell for the day.
Speaker 2: Dude, he did that.
Speaker 4: Sounds like some alpha con stuff spent.
Speaker 1: It was a little bit, but he did that Monday through shout out to the Bowl. He did that Monday through Friday for ten years, every morning, red zone seven thirty. Like there's not an amount of money you could pay me to do that.
Speaker 4: That sounds I mean a guy working all day in the red zone. It's his name, Scott Hansen.
Speaker 1: I understand you're a sports rider, but not everything has the sports connotation. It was the red zone to get people excited to go sell for the day.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, I mean, I guess once you get inside the twenty yard line, it is exciting the prospect of you know, breaking the play into the goal line and scoring. But what you described all I'm envisioning are very very questionable scenes in Wolf Football Street.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that it had that type of inner certainly at the type of energy. So do you care to share with the listenership any sweet, hot, hot leads, hot ideas that you had on the zoom call, like a good ckpiece to tease that we can get excited about.
Speaker 4: No, I mean a lot of it and a lot of what readers are interested in. Now Spence's roster construction. As you know, I know, the Drive is one of the most you know, pre eminent places in the market to go to talk about roster construction and college football with as we've talked about, with the wonkiness of the house settlement, whether or not you know, certain schools will have twenty point six million to be able to delineate to various you know, programs and players in their athletic departments. I mean, that's just always going to be a priority for anybody, because the more reporting you can do on that is going to be paramount to being able to tell the most accurate and up to date stories. It's weird, man, Like I can't think of what did we used to talk about before? And I l on the transfer portal in the offseason honestly, Like I was it just like pitching depth charts? Is that what it was?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Wait, and we're talking way to early top twenty five in a moment, way too twelve team in a month. But yeah, to your point, And I do think these stories that times can become a little bit exhausting. But if you don't really understand the landscape, then I think it's very easy to assume certain things that just aren't true. And we keep talking about the Ohio State thing as an example, and I am trying to loosely tie a parallel to the way Utah has got about their business this year by returning the bulk of a good defense. They've lost a lot of good players, but you know, a top twenty defense, and Kyle and Morgan have always been known to have that locked in regardless of who's on that side of the football. They have every one in the old line back, and then they surrounded them with skill position transfer players. It's exactly what Ohio State did. It's exactly what Ohio State did. So yes, roster construction is a big topic because it's a new thing that I think we all need to learn about together well.
Speaker 4: And Ohio State did a very impressive job of carving out probably I'm in a ballpark like eight to ten million dollars to go out and buy four guys that basically for the final pieces of the puzzle. Will Howard, Jeremiah Smith, Quinn, Shawn Judkins, Caleb Downs Like, if you're going to get those guys from the portal or high school and have them join a group that's already very talented, that means you're doing things right and you're going to have to pay a premium price. And obviously they did, But I do think Ohio State and maybe you know, the Georgias of the world are going to be operating in a class of their own for a while until all of this other stuff gets sorted out.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: And the other thing that we could discuss during the off season that isn't as much of a reality now is you know, back before this entire shift took it was pretty easy to know what the team would look like even in January, right because you knew who was coming back, you knew who was going to the draft, you know who was graduating. And now I feel, and I told you this two weeks ago, prior to a show. I sat down, I'm like, all right, I'm gonna do the way too really big twelve football ranking thing, and like, I don't remember anybody saying Arizona State would even be good, let alone win it. Like so, I think the difference now is it feels almost impossible to predict what schools and teams are going to look like in the fall, whereas four or five years ago this time of year, we already kind of had a pretty good idea.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I think to your point, you're basically Groundhogg. Dang it, every single day in real time, because you might come up against a massive roster change that could change the landscape of how a team can be viewed going into that following season. And that's just the reality. And it's not a good thing or a bad thing. It just is what it is. So like I guess springball used to be you know who's getting reps and you know who's acclimatizing themselves the fastest. Like now it's who's in the portal, who's not in the portal, who's joined a program, who's not joined a program, And frankly, I mean it does give in a weird way, Spence, I think it does give more clarity in real time as to where a roster sits, as opposed to just pontificating like what something could be, if that makes sense, Like you're you things are generally concrete. You're either on the roster or you're not, and they can change really fast. I get that, But like in the past, I felt like it was to your point, like, oh man, you know West Virginia's run rushing attack under Rich Rodriguez, watch out. It was great to watch, great to play with on NC DOUBLEA. But now it's like, Okay, Rich Rod's back at West Virginia House. He going to be able to you know, hit the portal and basically try to recapture the magic of fifteen years ago or whatever.
Speaker 1: So you're on a staff at the Athletic with some of the biggest and best college football minds and media members and writers.
Speaker 4: Heavy hitters, heavy hitters, any.
Speaker 1: Hitters, game changers, needle movers, you name it, uh, influencers if you'd like to go there. So when when when you're on these calls with some of the most widely read college football media members, what are the pitches? Is most of it n I L transfer portal roster construction, Like what's what what?
Speaker 2: What's kind of like the topic the content that's moving the needle right now?
Speaker 4: We take bets on how long my hair is going to grow, We take we take bet on next time I'm going to shave the beer. We take bets on how often I'm going to be stopped at t s A Like, that's that's a good that's a good one. That's always a good ice breaker?
Speaker 2: Is PK on the caller?
Speaker 4: It's it's it's everything, man, I mean, like I said, this was more just the detalks of the season and everybody kind of getting together and just you know, real living the season and looking forward to the offseason. I mean, it does feel like and I know, I'm I'm really placating to my guys census here, but how was it only January twenty eight? How did the season end eight days ago? It felt like it ended a long time ago. It did not. It ended last week. So we're in the very early stages. But yeah, it's everything, man, It's everything you would expect because covering college football and covering college athletics now, Spence is like you have to understand the sport. You have to understand understand scheme fit, personnel packages. You know, I know, I know how big of a two tight end personnel you got you are. I know you're all about the twenty two personnel.
Speaker 2: At least at least.
Speaker 4: But it's also, like like you said, I mean, you talk about it a lot on your show, man, it's trying to understand all of these nuances that pop up on a daily basis from a federal government point of view, and how things may be put into place, how they may not, what's going to temporarily be in place, what's a lift, what's a hold?
Speaker 2: What's this?
Speaker 4: I mean, all this stuff is my I mean I would just suggest to every fan spence to just do two things. Get it. You know, I always have water on hand to hydrate because you're stressed. And get some et cedric migraine if you're going to try to understand what's going on, because that sixty five milligram does to caffeine is really going to help fight it. Otherwise, if you just want to relax and just wait, I guess for like, start a fall camp and in July. Just do that because in the meantime, things are going to change, and things are going to shuffle about at such a rapid pace that it's going to make your head spin.
Speaker 2: Man, my LDS family loves et C.
Speaker 4: It's like it's it's the best. It's easily the best.
Speaker 2: In the vein.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't remember the last time I had any, etc. But I'm glad that that's kind of where we're at here. So now let's get over to Oh wait, one more thing. The athletic college football staff. When you guys are lining up for the zoom call, who's the one member You're like, I really hope Vanini doesn't join us.
Speaker 2: Who's the one guy you don't want on the call?
Speaker 4: I mean, all those guys are so much smarter than me that I want them on the call. It's kind of like, and you're gonna have to let me go here. You're gonna have to let me belittle myself so you can't fight me on it. It's kind of like when you're in school and you're hoping you don't get called on, you know, it's kind of like, oh, shoot, I hope, I hope this me being able to hide in this back row, in the back left seat of this classroom doesn't get me picked on. Luckily, there's a lot smarter people that I work with Spence, so they generally know how to, you know, steer these things. But there is nobody that I don't want to see on a zoom call. I want to see Vanini on the call because he's the He's the guy that simultaneously has the most ideas. He loves professional wrestling. Dude. When I told Vannini I was going to like Reno's like middle nowhere Reno to hang out with stone Cold, the blood left his face. He was so awestruck and so jealous that I felt bad because I know for a fact that like that would have made his like millennium. So that's a shout out for our guy. Nobody, nobody, Nobody works harder than Chrispinini.
Speaker 2: Nobody, by the way, is pro wrestling back.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's not back for me, but it might be back for others. Is Jake Paul a professional wrestler?
Speaker 1: I don't know. He just box his seven year old dudes. I don't think he's a wrestler, but I heard.
Speaker 4: I heard he's gonna box his brother. Are we going to watch that? Oh?
Speaker 1: Well, talk about a win win. If I could quote Michael Scott, that's a win, win, win win.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I fired up Netflix the other night.
Speaker 1: They're like, hey live in one hour w w E RAW and I saw the data and like thirty million people watched it, you know, I mean I was like an ultimate wrestler, you know, the the ultimate warrior, you know, like that era macho man, macho man, young hold Kogan before he earned.
Speaker 4: Right before he went before he went full in wo indeed.
Speaker 1: So, but I stopped watching when I was like twelve, and it feels like maybe I need to start watching again it feels like it's back.
Speaker 4: I mean, can we can we like test the Watters? Can we ask Connor like? And I think that's that's that's the age range that you need to figure out if it's back or not, because if it's hitting with those youngs, I think then then that can give us some more accurate tests we have.
Speaker 1: We have a young in the studio porter doesn't strike me as a w WE guy. Is so to your knowledge, your your ecosystem, your echo chamber is, is pro wrestling back in a way that maybe I'm not giving a credit for.
Speaker 3: I am not quite the young to ask because you yea, yeah, So I do know that there's been an influx of money from the Middle East, and also the Netflix streaming thing, I think just based on the the usual people to watch, I think is probably a really good move that you having to catch it live, right, it's kind of surging, But I don't know if it's back, all right?
Speaker 1: Fair enough, And yeah, you are the wrong young to ask how many during uh during COVID, what was the average amount of time you spent on on zoom because that's when we all kind of.
Speaker 2: Were introduced to the medium. Oh Man, was it daily with the athletics.
Speaker 4: Probably early on when everyone was scrambling trying to figure out what's going to happen from a minute to minute basis, It was pretty often weirdly though, Spence, like with the advent of zoom, it's helped me, like with actually getting to know, like interview subjects from a better point of view than just a phone call. Like sometimes depending on the type of story I'm working on, like I will ask somebody, can you zoom? Can you google me? Can you FaceTime? Because there's something so much more personal and real and genuine about, you know, meeting somebody and seeing their face and like, you know, rather than just a cold call, you know, the three eight five spam call that poisons are all of our cell phones every single minute of every single day these days.
Speaker 2: Porter, were you on the zoom call? I was on one zoom call.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, answer is yes.
Speaker 1: So throughout the course of the entire COVID situation, I was invited to jump on one. Well that's not true. I was invited to jump on seven, and then I just declined because I didn't want to. And then you were playing you don't have to, you don't have to expose what I was doing. We were all just trying to stay alive. So then I was finally like strongly encouraged, like you've got to jump on these calls, man.
Speaker 2: So I jumped on one call.
Speaker 1: I think Porter was like eight thirty nine in the morning and something like that. I had just I'm still in bed and I'm on the call, and I thought that I had turned the video portion of the zoom off and proceeded to walk into the men's room, proceeded to sit down to handle the business.
Speaker 2: And also I had as best best, best, best, best best.
Speaker 1: Meds and our general sales manager at the time was yelling at me because I didn't turn the camera off, and the entire Zoom call saw me sit down to handle my business. I was not invited back after that, Chris, that was the one Zoom call I was on. That's a true story. By the way, I'm not making Porter back me up. That's a true story.
Speaker 2: It happened. It happened. I was there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there was no like over revealing, but you were clearly in your restroom, yeah, and clearly you know had your coffee in the morning, was you.
Speaker 2: Know, ready to go shirtless?
Speaker 1: And then yeah, anyway, all right, Chris, that's a long way of me getting to where I thought I was gonna lead off the conversation.
Speaker 4: I'm ready.
Speaker 1: It's a great thing about having you on so uh in the back into the area of like, okay, how do we create something that's interesting for college football fans? Well, ESPN has a couple of pieces over the past last week, Mark schleigh By releases his way too Early Top twenty five and then yesterday Bill Conley releases his way too early twelve team CFP projection, And then you combine that with the Vegas odds that were released this week.
Speaker 2: Of course, way too early.
Speaker 1: Utah and KSE State have the shortest odds in the Big twelve to win the national championship, and Bill Conley is already picking Utah to win the Big twelve and go to the twelve team CFP. That means nothing in January, but it is something to talk about because Bill's a smarkuya use his work as kind of a north star on the show. Is that simply like, Hey, I guess we'll just believe in their head coach, because I you know, it's hard to know what they're going to look like right now.
Speaker 4: Well, Bill is a you know, renowned stats guy, and I think he's like one of those really brilliant dudes who like creates his own algorithms with the bleep loop numbers like one point two, five sixty five, like all those things that are way over my head. So I'm not going to call into question why he shows Utah like, man, this has given me a little bit of PTSD from last year where I'm where I'm where I'm selling books. Like listen, guys, this is a total and this is a totally different ball game. Last year, in theory, they had everything going for them and then it went sideways. This year, they do have some returning players, they do have some people coming back from injury, but the entire offensive side of the ball is going to be new, outside of the offensive line, which is huge that cannot be discounted. I think Utah made one hundred the right move in investing whatever Nile resources they had in retaining all of those offensive linemen, because they're very good and it's going to help the transition under Jason Beck. But we have zero idea what that offense is going to look like. And you could have said that about Utah for most of the last two decades, but this year I think is like as stark of a difference as you're going to get. So, you know, maybe Vegas knows something we don't. Maybe Vegas is very high on Levanni de Mooney coming back from his season ending injury to partner with Lander Barton. Maybe they maybe they're bullish Sean Nate Ritchie at strong safety. Maybe all I'm saying is that proceed with caution. We have to wait and see what this thing looks like before we can really let our heads go wild. But I guess that's the whole point. Fans just want to be able to dream, So I guess I'm I shouldn't poop poo their dream. Basically, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Well, it's good to have Veidosa reality because expectations are the direct cause of most misery. If you're a sports fan, and I say it all the time, and that's why, you have to be careful as far as the expectations go. Do you think because I hear Klannie talk a lot about like the chip on the shoulder and nobody believed on us. If your coach wit, would you prefer the attention to be on other teams and nobody expecting you to do anything based off of what you just did, so he can play that up with his players during camp.
Speaker 4: I mean, I just don't see how you could not pick BYU or even as U going. I mean, we'll we'll see what those early polls are come, you know, media time in the middle of the summer. But I guess it will work. I mean, BYU, you could have argued, as John Wilner was basically beating this drum for a long time, like BYU he thought should have been still in the CFP conversation despite its two losses, and as we saw with the SMU loss, maybe he had a point like maybe by you shouldn't have been should have been there in the first place. I guess you can play that card. But like, what did b Why you end up finishing in the A people like top fifteen, right fourteen? Yeah? Yeah, I mean, like so nobody's really doubting you. I mean, like if your top if you're a top fifteen team after a ten and two season and coming really close to a Big twelve title game appearance, Yeah, we'll see. I will say that, like the hardest thing to do is to live up to expectations. And like, well, I've always said this Utah, like, the best Utah seasons are the ones you never see coming. The ones where everyone assumes Utah is going to go undefeated are the ones where they don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, that's true.
Speaker 1: And I just wonder if there's anything there as far as the way coaches prefer to motivate their players. But it's weird, man, Like, I don't know these professional athletes and that's what they are in college too, and coaches they all have to find something that to just the layman's eye, isn't there.
Speaker 2: And there are so many examples.
Speaker 1: I think it was two thousand and four when the Patriots wore the biggest favorite in Vegas in the history to win the Super Bowl because they were playing like the Panthers. And after the game the Patriots won. It was a pretty close game, but Rodney Harrison was like, we shot the world. Nobody believed in us, said, We're like, dude, everybody believed in you. You were You're the biggest favorite to win the Super Bowl in Vegas history. I can remember Darren Williams always talking about Ray Felton. He used to talk about Raymond Felton all the time, like, oh, man, I'm gonna kill him when he comes into town.
Speaker 2: I'm like, due, Darren, you won. It's over. It's Ray Felton.
Speaker 1: So there's something with athletes and coaches where they just find whatever it is to keep them as motivated to I guess, perform as well as they can.
Speaker 4: When you said Raymond Felton, I thought you said ray for Austin and I said I was gonna say, is that a skip.
Speaker 2: To my movie on Tuesday? Oh wow, now you're just misbehaving.
Speaker 4: Listen, man, I think it Sports has a fascinating dictionary, and like I should probably at some point, like do it do something on diving deep into these like idiosyncrasies and basically just these placeholders in the minds of both fans and athletes because that what you mentioned but nobody believed in us mantra is probably you know, at the top of the pyramid. And I and I understand why it's a motivating factor for a multitude of reasons. I just don't know why, because like you have to, you have to understand that, like probably I'm in a ballpark like seventy five to eighty percent of like your replies, I would imagine, are generally going to be positive. So why do we tend to from a human psychological point of view, why do we tend to focus on the negative minority that can be applied to a whole bunch of other walks of life in our society at this moment. But it is a fascinating like thing that even those who are clearly in the driver's seat, clearly close to accomplishing something great, and often when they do, they often decide to wag the thing, do the matumbo at the naysayers.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean yes, and we could ultimately get all in the weeds on this. You know, why are we hardwired for negativity? And that's kind of the default for most people, and then people that understand that that are in certain positions just feast upon it for their own personal gain. But it's already been a really weird hit, So why don't we just keep it going at this point? Because I'm trying to the other thing about college football offseason round here is oftentimes, more often than not, the jazz are interesting and right now. Like monson Road It wrote today on why the b YU band isn't allowed at basketball games.
Speaker 4: Bring the tubas back, baby, bring them home. I mean, we could, we could go, we could talk about the lads. We could talk about you know, RSL participating in the in the League's Cup, your favorite cup. And I know how many cups you like? You like? You like Leagu's Cup, you like Open Cup, you like what's the other one, Conker Cats Champions Cup.
Speaker 2: Now there are too many cups.
Speaker 1: I've been of this opinion for a long long time, but since you brought that up, you will have the hot take on RSL sitting out the US Open Cup because you c K are an Open Cup guy.
Speaker 4: I am me and the Legend three fits. We are Open Cup gentlemen. But I guess oursel is employing the Monarchs, so I'm gonna have to brush up on my Monarch's roster to see if they can shock the world. It is a bummer. I understand that the League's Cup probably gives you more eyeballs, more money, more opportunity to play against higher quality competition with teams from lega mckis. I get it, But listen, man, you in this country, we we I mean, we kind of talked about this last last week with the promotion relegation, like theory, like there could be a semi pro team. There was like a semi pro team from San Francisco, like at some point in the last few years that was sponsored by a local like Mission District Burrito company that like made a run in the US Open Cup. These are dudes that are like just average joes that are good at soccer. That's cool to me, man, Like that's that is the essence of sports. It is weird though in this country that like while everybody's favorite movie is Rudy, like, we don't we don't don't want to like promote the idea of certain underdogs getting their shot. I digress. Yeah, are so opened the Open Cup? I think is that the second straight year? Or were they in it last year?
Speaker 2: The last year, but I think they were Yeah.
Speaker 4: That's right. Yeah, I think they lost to Devin Sandoval's New Mexico United. Now I'm here, I got you.
Speaker 2: That was the Tree Fitzgerald Bowl. We talked it.
Speaker 4: Was the Three Fits bawl. Yeah, that's right, playing in the Isotope Stadium.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, good pull.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean, look, it's interesting. Shout out to our good friends at the Salt Lake Tribune. But you pull up the trip these days and it's simply a rough scene with the local sports situation, mainly because the Jazz just aren't interesting and how many people care about college basketball. Maybe that will change. Monson rights on the BYU band getting thrown out of games. We got the Triple team about whether or not the Jazz defense can improve during the rebuild. Salt Lake B's ticket prices are going to be different next year. The hockey club looking to regain their confidence and swagger after a road trip.
Speaker 4: And Kennon Johnson. Kennon Johnson's gone, Spence.
Speaker 1: Kennon Johnson is gone, as we've talked about. Do you have a hot take on Kennon Johnson Utah quarterback taking off?
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 4: I think he played one quarter against the mighty Thunderbirds of Southern Utah.
Speaker 2: That's my take, Okay.
Speaker 1: Ultimately, Yanna Neapkins will save us all because she's killing it.
Speaker 2: We do it correct.
Speaker 4: Yes, I do think that that is That is a great pull. Lynn Roberts Landing, Kelsey Plumb shout out with the Los Angeles Sparks a baller. I'm excited to see what she does in a sparks uniform local sports scenia. Man like I said Isaiah Collier great end to end speed reminds me of He reminds me of Benny the Jet Rodriguez Mighty Ducks too.
Speaker 1: That's enough, Okay, there's a piece of good news. It appears that the Utah Hockey Club is having a difficult time trademarking Yetti.
Speaker 2: So I guess there's no is.
Speaker 4: That because of the cooler company Yetti.
Speaker 1: I guess, But shout out to Belle, who does a great job. Their first Yetti application was rejected. I just look. I cannot tell you how badly I just do not want that name for the hockey club.
Speaker 2: I just don't.
Speaker 4: Well, I have to correct myself because I just referenced Benny the Jet Rodriguez on Mighty Ducks too. That's my bat. Luis Mendoza was the speedster for Miami, Florida on Mighty Ducks, who had tremendous speed. So that's my bad.
Speaker 2: Same actor though, and he reminds you of Isaiah.
Speaker 4: Call you he does, and end speed is tremendous.
Speaker 1: All right, Chris, we have missed ba for too long, and you have a child to take care of. Weird Tuesday hit. But you know all good man, thanks for the time. We'll chat soon.
Speaker 4: I'm always here.
Speaker 2: I know you are. The great.
Speaker 1: Christopher Camaradie, senior staff writer from The Athletic, does a great job in the college football tip. Definitely follow his work and support him. We always appreciate his time, all right. Shout out to Prize Picks, best place to get real money sports action. With over ten million and billions of dollars in awarded winnings, Prize Picks has made daily fantasy sports accessible tall you just pick more or less on at least two players for a shout to went up to one thousand times your cash. You can run your game all season long on Prize Picks. So the big Game is almost here and it's now or never. Don't miss out on the last football game of the season with Prize Picks, the best place to win cash while watching the game. Prize Picks is also giving away a free pick for the big Game where one of the starting quarterbacks will only need to throw for one yard for you to win that square. Now, as you know, you only have to win two squares to win money, so if you're correct on at least one other stat projection you can win real cash. So what that looks like is if Prize Picks announces that Patrick Mahomes needs to throw for one yard, you pick that square.
Speaker 2: My guess is he'll do that.
Speaker 1: You win that square, and then you pick one other like well, Travis Kelce catch for more than sixty five receiving yards or whatever you get that you win.
Speaker 2: It's that easy.
Speaker 1: You don't have to learn about the spread or the over under, or the money line or whatever. So check out the promo tab of any of the Super Sweat Millie winners and their big game lineups. If you tail that lineup that goes three for three, you can win a split of one million dollars in promotional funds.
Speaker 2: So they're doing a lot.
Speaker 1: They're rolling out a lot of stuff for the big game coming up, final football game of the Year.
Speaker 2: Download the Prize Picks app today.
Speaker 1: Use the promo code ESPN seven hundred to get fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five dollars lineup. Download the Prize Picks app today. Use the promo code ESPN seven hundred to get fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five dollars lineup