Speaker 1: For thirty five years, Cindy Stumpo has been a female home builder with a passion for design, a mastery of detail, and a commitment to her crack. With daughter Samantha Stumpo by her side.
Speaker 2: I don't need my whole family on a date with me. That's a good note. It's goddymn weird. See.
Speaker 1: Stumpo Development is the only second generation female construction company in the country.
Speaker 3: You're crazy, You're a wacko, You're insane. I mean, it just doesn't end together.
Speaker 1: Cindy and Samantha welcome guests to explore the world of construction, real estate, development, design and more. Here.
Speaker 2: I'm predictable.
Speaker 3: Every time I think I know what you want, you switch it out. But that's what makes your houses all us.
Speaker 1: They discuss anything that happens between the roof and the foundation.
Speaker 3: Nothing is off limits. You truly do care about everybody.
Speaker 1: She can yell at, you can scream, but when you get her alone, she's the best person on the planet. Cindy Stumpo is tough as nails.
Speaker 2: And welcome to Cindy Stampo. It's Tapa's Nails on WBZ News Radio ten thirty and I'm here tonight with Paul English okay and Sami Sempo are blondie? Okay, Paul, you haven't seen each other? What almost?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: How many months?
Speaker 3: It's been four or five months? Maybe it was in the spring.
Speaker 2: Wasn't it? Was it a spring?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, it was like probably March.
Speaker 4: Yeah right, okay, but I see your Lola cyber truck everywhere.
Speaker 3: Do you?
Speaker 2: Okay, let's talk about this all right. So first of all, completely introduce yourself. I want to bio for the listeners to hear.
Speaker 3: All right, greed. So I'm I grew up in Boston. I'm a programmer by training. Yeah, my accent gets worse the more I drink, so luckily I haven't started drinking.
Speaker 2: Yet today, No nobody has a worse accent than me. But go ahead.
Speaker 3: I've now I'm best on for Kayak dot com, a company I started in two thousand and four. I sold that in twenty fourteen. But I've now sold six software companies. And I've done e commerce, security, software, customer service, consumer travel, business travel, and i had a podcasting app called Moonbeam, which I sold a couple of years ago. So those are my six companies.
Speaker 2: And now and how many are those six companies? You think we're winners on the sail in all six? Oh? Okay six?
Speaker 3: I made money on all six.
Speaker 2: Yeah okay.
Speaker 3: And now I'm running a little venture studio called Boston Venture Studio. The website is bbs dot net and we have five companies under development. So Lola, wh're're going to talk about today is one of the five, and I have some other companies I'm building as well.
Speaker 2: Got it. He's just a brainiac.
Speaker 3: I don't know about that, But I have a lot of fun. I love my job.
Speaker 2: That's all that matters. When you don't love it, it's called a job. When you love it, it's just called nothing. Yeah, it just it is what it is. Okay. So last time you were in did youd you go to school? Your family blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm one of seven. I have three brothers and three sisters. Grew up in West Roxbury, So family and nine three bedroom house, pretty hottest.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: I never realized that I lived in a small house growing up because it's just like, it is what it is, right, you d by what's that?
Speaker 2: So you drive by it now and you go, yeah.
Speaker 3: I can't. We all do that nine people fit in there. I went to Austin, Latin and then for college when t Mass Boston, studied music on computers, and then started a whole bunch of companies.
Speaker 2: And your first job was delivering the Boston Globe. Yes, how old, ten eleven, ten, ten.
Speaker 3: And the funny thing about that job was my brother Dan and I. Dan was sort of my partner in crime. Is he older than me, and each had a paper route and we saved up and it took us a while to save up fifty dollars each. And when I was twelve years old, we bought a car twelve. It cost us one hundred dollars, fifty dollars from Dan, fie dolls from me. And we bought a Ford Aconoline Van nineteen seventy two, and we parked in the backyard. My father was very amused by this. It is twelve year old and thirteen year old sons wanted to buy a car. He wouldn't let us drive it, of course, but we turned into a clubhouse and we worked on it. We learned how to work on cars, and so that's what I learned from my That's what what I that was the benefit of being a paper boys. I saved up enough money to buy my first car.
Speaker 2: But you see how we started with little jobs, yeah, and learned the grit and grind.
Speaker 3: I think if you had asked me when I was certainly twelvel thirteen, but maybe even fifteen or sixteen my career aspiration back then, I would have said, someday I went on a car wash.
Speaker 2: Okay. She wanted to be a towel maker. I don't know what that meant, neither do I. So when I asked her as five six years old, well you want to be I want to be a towel maker. We're like, okays, would be a towelmaker. Wow, whatever a toelmaker is. I don't know that's what she decided. I don't even know why she want to be a towelmaker. I don't know now either. I have no I have no idea. Okay, So last time you were here, we're talking about Lola and your vision for it, and it hadn't been released yet. And it hadn't been released yet, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: And now it's out. It's been out in the market for I think four months now, we have twelve thousand users. We're only in Boston.
Speaker 2: Okay, twelve thousand users, Yeah, in Boston, and it's a dating.
Speaker 3: It's a dating app called Lola. It's Lola dot Com. I created it with my now fiance, Rachel. Rachel had the.
Speaker 2: Original Yes, I got to meet Lovely Lovely, Yes, the original.
Speaker 3: Idea for Lola. And we're working together on it and we're having a blast. So we you know, Rachel does all the customer support, so she talks to people dating. She talks them every day and emails them and talks to them.
Speaker 2: And how many eyeballs or as we say, asses in the seed or whatever you want to say?
Speaker 3: Twelve thousand users?
Speaker 2: And where do you want to get to?
Speaker 3: I would love to get to one hundred thousand users in Massachusetts and East and Eastern mass.
Speaker 2: And when you get to one hundred thousand uses, what's that company's worth? Oh?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I mean it's not for sale.
Speaker 2: But if it was at one hundred thousand, ye I think if you if you had so you get one hundred thousand worth.
Speaker 3: Top Dating up with a billion dollars. But if we had one hundred thousand users launching just one city with a vision to launch nationally and internationally. I don't know. It could be as little as ten million dollars, maybe more than that.
Speaker 2: So the valuation of one hundred thousand would be worth about ten million.
Speaker 3: It depends who's selling it, like who the CEO is and so forth. But well you get something like that.
Speaker 2: Okay, But you've got a pretty good track record, a pretty good name out there. Yeah right, Kayak wasn't a did well? Yeah, so that's your kind of your friend's crowning hat right there, right, which sets the tone going forward? Okay, just wondering because I'm always looking at valuations and eyeballs and yeah, and of course I'm sitting on this board called Chatter, which is a social audio app.
Speaker 3: So I'm really learning awesome?
Speaker 2: Which are you don't want to learn really much about technology, just want to kind of understand the business end of it. Yeah, great, the technology and I don't I don't get it. Yeah, but social audio. Do you ever think about bringing social audio into your app?
Speaker 3: I have to check the out. It's chatter, Yes, how do.
Speaker 2: You spell ithatt a? Right? Yep? Actually I was going to call you about it, but if people had the chance to talk for us, yeah, I like that idea. And they could go on live video together, yeah, and go meet talk, hang out from God. Yeah, now I can see what you really look like. No filters yet, right, Like, I think they're gonna have filters coming. But that's that's not fear. Like. I have a buddy that went on a date from a dating whatever he used, I don't know, it wasn't yours. And when the woman got there, he said, come on, like, you know, you don't look the way you picture looked, and she said, well, if I did that, then you want to show it up. He goes, but you don'tnerstand. I'm going to leave anyways, right like you lied to you lied to me, you missed me, and I'm just going to walk out now, right.
Speaker 3: So I was too poled to confront her. But I met a woman on an app about five years ago and she sent me like all her modeling photos and she's beautiful, and we chat a little bit, met for dinner in seaport, and she was like, at least twenty years older than photos, you're still a beautiful woman, but why don't you send me what you actually look like. That's one of the things that we're gonna we're working on on the love of right now, we're going to guarantee those photos are up to dating current and they match who the user really is. One of the problems in dating is a lot of catfishing. So we have found.
Speaker 2: Explain to us older people catfishing meeting.
Speaker 4: Okay, so like me being on the app and using your photo and then they think they're meeting you, but it's really they're meeting me. But they tend to take pretty people, and those people are not good looking.
Speaker 3: I'll give you an example, but you're pretty than me.
Speaker 2: So when we use the other way round as an example, I'm just giving you like a four.
Speaker 3: I'll give you an example. We had a guy on an app about a month ago. We require you to share your location with the apps. We could see it's from Nigeria and he's a Nigerian man. Probably if I had to guess, I'm going to say forty years old. All his profile photos were a twenty five year old blonde woman.
Speaker 2: What do you mean?
Speaker 3: So he was he probably he went line and downloaded photos of some beautiful twenty five year.
Speaker 2: Old Woman's a man, Yes.
Speaker 3: He's a like forty year old Nigerian man.
Speaker 2: Why does he want to pretends a woman. I want to pick up a man.
Speaker 3: He wants to pick up a man. He's probably flirting with, you know, ten or twenty guys at a time, and he's pretending to be this twenty five year old blonde woman. And then he with.
Speaker 2: The clock all that thought. We'll get back, We'll go right back there. I promise you listeners to be Stumple on top his nails for w BZ will.
Speaker 5: Be right back, sponsored by Flora Decor, National Lumber and Village Bank.
Speaker 2: Ilcome back to Siddy Stumble Toughest Nails on WBZ News Radio. And I'm here with Paul English.
Speaker 3: From where Boston Benge Studio and Lola Lola dot Com.
Speaker 2: Okay, so right now, Lola, Okay, Sammy, who am I name? Sammy? Okay, Well, you could say I'm curious what you did to this person and.
Speaker 3: To ban them. And we're we're building technology right now to automatically detect these catfish people. But it's been amazing looking at what people put in their dating profiles, I mean the catfish. We're using AI now to tell the difference between when you first is all Lola. We use what's called a liveness check Okay, So you turn on the camera and you hold it in front and we'll take like a three D picture of your face. And then when you upload profile photos, we say, is that the same person that just passed the liveness test? So we can tell that and we'll flag it if it looks different. You know, if you're a forty year old Nigerian man and you your photos are twenty five year old blonde women, it's flag right. There's other stuff people have done in the profile that's just like really awful. So for example, can I say this in the radio? Okay, we have a number of men, young men who upload picks shut on the profile. What are they thinking? Like?
Speaker 2: Who seen that?
Speaker 3: Well, they get filtered out by the dating company. But who taught these men how to romance a woman? And they think that would work. And the thing is we know where they are. We have their phone number, like they've confirmed the funnel. We could track these guys down. What are they doing? What are they doing?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: But we're actually thinking ahead now for Little Fredo thh okay, the next major release, and one of the things we're thinking about is based on looking at all these profiles and talking about our users is you know, some people need a little bit of coaching. So we're thinking aboutting a coaching element where you can talk to either an AI coach for free or a human coach. There'll be a small fee for that, and they'll help you improve your profile and help like give you a game.
Speaker 4: Well, there's a lot that will be like it will say like, oh, it says age forty five, but then the prop others say, I'm really forty eight. Why why can't you just say that you're forty wait, because you think that you're going to get a bigger group of people at forty five.
Speaker 2: I gotta be honest, Like saying fifty nine is better than saying sixty. It just sounds good.
Speaker 4: But you're literally saying it on it like it cops that buzz. It says age forty five, but you're really fifty nine.
Speaker 2: Like that's fair. So here's my question, Paul, is this where the world's going, Like people don't go out to meet anymore. It's just totally dating apps now.
Speaker 3: No, I mean I did meet Rachel in an app. We met in New York five years ago. We met on an app, and I'm lucky that I feel very grateful for that app for meeting us. But most of them I've dated or at last I got divorced twenty years ago, and most of them I've dated over the last twenty years, or people I met in real life or friends of friends, or I met them out at restaurants of ours or shows or whatever. But there is a certain efficiency in the apps. There's a lot of terrible things about apps. We actually took out ads recently just saying all dating apps suck. But we hope we don't.
Speaker 2: Smart.
Speaker 3: The feedback is not good. Like the biggest thing people complain about it is just endless chatting and chatting and chatting and never actually meet anyone in real life. And I think some of these people on the app they actually be in a relationship, they might be married.
Speaker 2: We need to talk about it, and they're just looking.
Speaker 3: They're just looking to chat with someone, not really meet anyone.
Speaker 2: But there are people that just like that. They do just want to chat. Maybe they don't want to go on a date with you, Maybe they just want it, I don't know, just hang out on top.
Speaker 3: So one of the things we do internally is we have something called it an intentionality score. We need a better name for it than that. But we look at things like, for every hundred photos we show you, how many do you click yes on? Click yes on only one out of one hundred. You're probably not that serious about going out. You're not ready to go out another one. Let's say you match with someone. You click on a guy, you click on Ray, and then Ray clicks on you.
Speaker 2: No one's clicking on my rape, but go ahead, I can't do bed the ray. Go ahead.
Speaker 3: Okay, So you click on Ray, Ray clicks on you. You're connected. So it's a match. Now the question is what percent of matches do you actually chat with? Surprisingly, a lot of people will match with someone and then they never talk to them. Why do you say you like them if you're not going to even talk to them? So with this intention, maybe they.
Speaker 2: Don't really like how they look. No, sometimes no, but.
Speaker 3: You see the profile, you read the profile, you look at the photos, and then you click a match. We then say okay, now chat with each other. And they never type anything. They don't even type hello. Why don't they chat with each other?
Speaker 2: Because people are crazy?
Speaker 3: And then they're crazy.
Speaker 2: So you swipe the wrong direction back saying you're like I wish you didn't do that. I wasn't doing that on purpose.
Speaker 3: It a little touch sensitive anyway. If we find someone on Lola who doesn't really click on people, and then I want to pick who doesn't.
Speaker 2: What's the age group? If you don't mind me asking, what's the age group?
Speaker 3: Right now? It's the prime use user room for us is I'd say thirty about thirty, thirties and forties. That's our main used to group on Lola. Right now.
Speaker 2: I'm definitely getting married. Okay, I keep pushing this off year from year from your year. I'm getting married. If I had to sit there and do this, like I watch her and raise three daughters, do them like, come on, guys, really, like what do you think of this one? I'm like no, and then no, like, okay, he might, but I think some people are very good people readers. I can look at a picture if if the dude's creepy. I can't read women, but I can read men. That's interesting, probably because that's how I've been around my whole life in my career. Right yeah, all my doubt life is men. So I can't read sneaky women right away, but sneaky men.
Speaker 3: And that's amazing.
Speaker 2: There's a look in their eyes and just tell that's just not a good soul. I can't anyways, but this is where the world is going though, and it's convenient.
Speaker 3: I mean you can you can look at we just show you five people a day. We try to give you the best five people that we think you'll match with, and we do an okay job. Right now.
Speaker 2: No, look at let's say samuy'son Lola and you check out Samwich. She looks like you're not going to send her guys that aren't kind of equal to her looks.
Speaker 3: There's got to be there is some leveling.
Speaker 2: There's gotta be. Yeah, there is put ugly people with ugly people, middle of middle. I would never say that good great, great great tens with tens nine eight, seven, six, five four three two one boom. Now this guy they have something common. Can't put a beautiful girl with, you know, or vice versa. It's just so the algorithm, as we'll call it, right, yeah, the algorithm find its way.
Speaker 3: Right now, we have what's called a heuristic algorithm, which means that we came up with a bunch of rules for trying to match people together, like usually men with women we have a gay population as well. But let's say the typical case of the guy with a woman. We try to match someone that we think you'd be interested in.
Speaker 4: Can I say so much profile to you would pop up in mind? Because not a lola.
Speaker 2: Please take that because you know it's happy to me. Right now, guys, his name is hold On. I just thought these things called stands. Yeah, you're getting a foot grimp. I'm getting. If you see me running around the studio, don't think I'm crazy. Probably I don't know what this is.
Speaker 4: His name is Reginald eighty and nineties, R and B or get the hell out, JK. Don't really care about your interests. Not in a cool way, just a typical man way. Even though I like, these are the most obnoxious things I've.
Speaker 2: Ever seen somebody write on.
Speaker 1: This, I'm trying to.
Speaker 3: Job is awful, terrible.
Speaker 2: Okay, hold On, I canna understand all this. Hold On, it's a screen job, so you can't screw it up. Let me just see I can't screw it up. I'm running around the studio with a foot cramp right now. Okay, this is like the things that we see. I can't see him lying. Hold On, I don't really care about your interest, not in a cruel way, just a typical man. Wait what what even though I like the old jacked, if you're a female Trump supporter, oxymoron, get lost. So this guy's are bringing politics into it, Yes, stupid. Didn't think Grandma's teach him don't talk religion and politics. Now happened.
Speaker 4: It's a huge thing that they put on their political view and I think it's very dumb.
Speaker 2: Okay, well we don't want to talk to you, so now you call people in AU.
Speaker 3: I mean, good luck to that guy. I don't think he's going to get a quality woman responding to that.
Speaker 2: I don't think he wants.
Speaker 3: I think people need coaches. I mean people don't know how to do this stuff.
Speaker 2: What do you mean to coach now? To date? Come on, what's the world coming to? No ball? You're come on?
Speaker 3: He might need a slap about.
Speaker 2: How about this one?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Pasectomy check mark? Let me see this. This is what we deal with. Come on, you know what, and you wonder why your boy should be people like Samantha giving you guys advice that are out there looking at this stuff.
Speaker 4: Okay, what does that mean?
Speaker 2: Means he made a charge so he can me child. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. I'm so happy. I'm on the first line looking for my road trip, hiking, camping, drinking adventure. Buddy. I try to spend as much time as tours as possible fuel by talking, right, are you willing to be more religious? Let me cook for you. Now? What's four point two? What's four point nine to eight? Uber pasture?
Speaker 3: That's true, that's actually pretty good. I'm impressed with that.
Speaker 2: What is I mean?
Speaker 3: So Uber drivers like him?
Speaker 2: Yeah? That he doesn't have I hated here, Please save me? Was his picture? It's probably somewhere else. Did you just screench out the crazy things that I see? Oh okay, let's all hold that thought. We're going to break. Oh my god, thank god. I actually I'm getting happy that I ended up marrying your father and had your two kids, and now I'm with Ray. I have a wonderful place I'm going to break. I'm Sinny Stumpley and listening a Tempers Nails. I'm gonna be easy and we'll be right back.
Speaker 5: Sponsored by Pillow Windows of Boston, Next Day Molding and Kennedy Carpet.
Speaker 2: You think and welcome back to Test Nails and I'm Sinny Stumbo and you're listening to what are we listening to? Are you listening to WBZ? I forgot okay, and our conversation topic is about what And I got two people in my studio looking at their phones right now.
Speaker 3: We're talking about.
Speaker 2: So much better than everything else because you're looking at bum people's on by weird people on your phones as what you're looking at. Okay, is Lola going to be a better app than these apps?
Speaker 3: We hope so well, that's not.
Speaker 2: You can't really say that because if.
Speaker 3: We will, it will, it absolutely will. I mean, the main thing we're doing with Lola is we want to put a collection of people who actually want to go on dates.
Speaker 2: Just put a thing on there. All you weird dose stay off my app? Okay, yes, exit left like out yeah, let me someone police officer on.
Speaker 3: There, sending all these profiles.
Speaker 2: And then we go out out out. That's what you need. So like on Chatter, I'll come on at nighttime and I'll just police the rooms. I'm not policing the rooms. I'm just making sure nobody has it because it's in beta testing, right, so I don't want anybody talking foolish or you know, the conversations are staying, you know, and not to right side, not to left side, and people acting like adults on there. You know, it's like a clubhouse. Was Yeah, okay, Twitter spaces but has much more than those. Then it's really great app. But the point is right now you still have to police this stuff, yes, because you're early on. Yeah, so but explain to me how you you're You're how old?
Speaker 3: Sixty one of just a few weeks?
Speaker 2: You're old? Thank god? All right. So with that being said, did you ever think that this is where even twenty years ago, this is where the world was going to go?
Speaker 3: No, not at all.
Speaker 2: So you just said this is it. You just keep up with technology, and it's you just never skip going to beat out there with technology.
Speaker 3: If you look at my phone, you'll see I'm downloading new apps every day, just trying seeing what's out there, reading reviews of apps, just trying to get ideas.
Speaker 2: I just I just did one. You know, it's called hold On. I think it's called Yuka.
Speaker 3: What is that one? I don't know that one.
Speaker 2: Now she's scanning everything to see if it's good or bad for her. Yeah, like I just scan it. It'll tell me, oh, good, right, if it's a hundred for one hundred. My deodorant was zero, Oh my god. Zero, I mean not healthy for you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, not good?
Speaker 2: Okay, zero yeah, zero is the worst right you can get. But now I'm like possessed. I'm just going around my house with the phone, just scanning everything. Right, my water came up one hundred, one hundred because it was in a glass bottle.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 2: But it's just amazing that technology is just your game. I just I don't know. I don't want to sound like my grandmother, like I never want to, but she's say she used to say to me to my children when they were younger. And my grandmother died about nine years ago at ninety eight, and she looked at both of my kids like this on their iPhones, and she said, that's going to be the downfall of this generation. Yeah, kids spend too much time on this thing.
Speaker 3: I'll tell her. I think the future is And it's not a phone.
Speaker 2: What is it.
Speaker 3: It's a combination of sunglasses or eyeglasses with a camera and a microphone and a speaker and your watch that talk to each other, and the watch can pick up your hand gestures the sunglasses or eyeglasses can look at who you're looking at and remind you who they are. Can put in the frame, so when I'm looking at you, it'll say Cindy Stumpo, right, my friend. Urmind. If I hadn't seen you in a while and I've forgot who you're out of, the glass will tell me who it is. Okay, And you can have a conversation with the glass because it'll a microphone and the speaker in it. It's better than putting your pulling your phone out of your pocket.
Speaker 2: But here's the problem I have on my phone. So I was talking to my hairdresser. We were talking about blonde here. Yeah, okay, and then you get targeted. I literally picked up my phone five minutes lay to text somebody and on and I went to go to Instagram and everything was blonde. It just popped right in there. I'm like, okay, my phone's listening to me. This is not cool it And then my hatress have said, now isn't listening to you. It's taking a screenshot of every facial feature you make every fifty five seconds or five seconds? All right? Good? Is that? I don't believe that John, you lied? No it was Ruby, So I'm like, Ruby, how can this be? We were on the phone talking before we flew in. Then next thing, all these blondes. Oh yeah, so what's my phone hearing everything? I say yes? And then Rey and I were in the house. We're talking about different cigars. Next thing, you know, on his phone was all cigars out of nowhere. We were just talking. Our phones were between us. Who else is listening to us? Everybody?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's pretty crazy.
Speaker 2: I think you have to shut your phones off now when you're talking, if you don't have a private conversation phone.
Speaker 3: If it was a good idea anyway, perfect.
Speaker 2: Man, and maybe that would pop up. We want the perfect man for Samantha Stumpo.
Speaker 3: We don't want to what's the perfect man?
Speaker 2: Hold on, let's see if I get all men on man's hold on, let's see, well a perfect man, perfect, good looking, good looking, imperfect. Hold on, let's see what happens. Yeah, hold on, I'm looking. Hold on, let me get here. Okay, hold on, Oh Sammy, here's your perfect man? Is he perfect enough?
Speaker 3: Kids? Just got to get rid of the girl on his left shoulder.
Speaker 2: Uh, that would be peoboly innoson thirty years ago. Okay, that's what came up. But see look at all the blonde still coming up on my page. Can you make that up? I'm like, okay, I know, Paul. Listen, you just always impressed me because your intellect level is just beyond the norm. You see things that normal people don't see. But it's no different than when I'm building. Right, if I showed you a piece of land, you'd be like, yeah, okay, what do we do with it? Right? Well, what's going on?
Speaker 3: You can see it?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Correct? So everybody comes with their own Yeah, tell what they bring to the table. So, right now, how is the reviews on LOA? How's that doing?
Speaker 3: It's going really well. Some people don't like it because they don't get matches. Dating is one of these things unfortunately, where like the top ten percent of people get most of the dates because everyone wants to go out with the most attractive people with the best profile. So there's some people who just need some coaching. Their profiles are terrible, and so they don't get dates, and they don't like the app. They don't like any dating app, and they write bad reviews of all of them. But overall, people also email us. They send us hate mail. They don't get a date, but they send us good email, good dates too.
Speaker 2: Imagine that. Yeah, people have that much time. I don't have enough time to write hate mail on anything, like I have no time. My life in the hands, too much time. Yeah, people stop doing that. Stop writing bary Like if you don't like a place, don't go there. Yeah, but stop with your bad reviews. Like people cuckoo crazy. I believe most people cucko crazy. Now they really are. We were in a magazine that got would for all the hotels like a year or whatever, like I don't know, a couple of years ago, and this woman left a message on my phone. When she left a message on my office home, and I couldn't trace down the number, you know what I mean, and even the police because it was so it was so crazy. She left message on every phone that would connect to me. And she's like your daughter and you are the most disgusting human things, right, And I'm a broker and you're an embarrassment. Dude? Did you write han did you not? Did you not read the article? I'm not a broker. My daughter is a broker, and you gave her a fake nose and fake boot what No, I don't think I get no, I don't think so lady, you know, but I can't even call a bed and my girlfriends and I you do. She was like in her fifties, right, you have too much time on their hands. Way like, knock it off. People seriously, like, you know, would you do that? I call that keyboy cowboys like yeah, yeah, would you do that in my life?
Speaker 3: Because you're in their basement.
Speaker 2: Don't they that's what they are. Let me just write, right and meanwhile, if you're in my face, why don't you see it? But no, that would never happen.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: So I have a literally one of my Instagram videos as you can see right here, hit a million six views, right and that's my biggest to date is right here, see that one point six million. Amazing, there's like forty eight thousand sheers. Blah blah blah. I'm fighting these boys. Boys, they're like her age and younger. Yeah it was your father's company with your husband. Oh no, no, no, nobody, don't make me emasculate you right now, right, I'm gonna give you a shot to apologize. If you don't, I'm coming after you. Right then, they'll say something, and then some then this dude came on right, He's like, wow, we got a lot of mummy issues in this room, right, like on this wall going on and they're just coming at me. I'm like, buddy. And then one guy writes back, you really read your comments. I'm like, yeah, I read my comments and this is a sport for me. And let me spell out the word sport. That would be capital s p o r T. This is what I do when I'm bored, and I go right back at you, right because I actually I have fun doing it. It must be something sick in my head. But you're not going to write on my wall and degrade me. They'll be coming back and degrading you even worse because I can kill. I will absolutely annihilate you.
Speaker 3: People have too much time in the hands. Keyboard cowboy like that did you make that up?
Speaker 2: Yeah, keyboard cowboys, I may use that.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 2: I used to use the face TV. Oh here come to keyboard cowboys like somebody in boise idohol, Like, I really care what you're thinking of me in boise Ida hole.
Speaker 3: We have to say, I mean, there's a lot of problem with.
Speaker 2: Membright said, that's Lisa Hughes. When she was doing it, she was interviewing me for an event, and I said, like, Lisa, do I here what somebody thinks of me from Boise, Idaho? Who kiss? But boy if she goes sitting here from Boise, Idaho. I went, Okay, Lise, I'm so sorry. I mean that that was crazy. But hold on, we got to go to break I'm City Snomple. You listen top his nails on wb We will be right there.
Speaker 5: Sponsored by new Brook Realty Group, Boston, would Smaller Insurance World Auto Body and Tasca Drive Auto Body.
Speaker 2: And welcome back to Cydney. Stumpoutop his nails on WBZ and I'm here with Paul. And I'm here with my beautiful blonde. Thank god you're blonde again. She went to her nap.
Speaker 3: I was like, who is I have to say? I like, Jose, you're pretty beautiful right now.
Speaker 2: But oh, Paul, don't go there, fee no way, no, no, absolutely not. She's so much pretty as a blonde. I hated that it looked like she walked out of it. Listen it. Maybe you guys look so good. You look like an Italian girl that walked out of East Boston. Well, and I'm nineteen eighty three. Okay, look like that. That's what she looked like. The Talian girl from me is Boston from nineteen eighty three with the bik have that accent. Thank god, you'd like to better the doc here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I liked her dark hair.
Speaker 2: But no, did you meet her at doc here? Yeah?
Speaker 3: The problem last time I saw she had dark hair.
Speaker 2: It's the first time how some.
Speaker 4: Me meet you did a lot of people told you they liked me with dark hair.
Speaker 2: But then you saw her pictures were blonde up there.
Speaker 3: I know, pictures amazing both of you.
Speaker 2: But no, she's always been a blonde.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well you were dark.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I'm glad she's a blonde. I couldn't look at it. It was like it at all. Okay, Sammy, you asked some questions. No, he was He wanted to continue off what you were saying before, which.
Speaker 3: One I want to rip off something instead of a moment ago?
Speaker 2: Which is that called the metapause moment?
Speaker 3: What was that the problem with everyone looking at their phones all the time, like not really engage with each other. We're all on the phones. Yeah, and people are like doing the doom scrolling they're on TikTok, they're on Instagram, and all that.
Speaker 2: As ten people sitting at a table together. By the way, yeah, yeah, so fluid.
Speaker 3: I have a little bit of social media addiction, Like I use the apps too much. I just deleted Twitter off my phone. I found I'd become sort of a bit of a sesspool.
Speaker 2: But Twitter, Oh my god, if you saw my algorithm, everybody just beats everybody up.
Speaker 3: It's terrible.
Speaker 2: I go to bed like, that's terrible my brain.
Speaker 3: But I know we're talking about lol of it today. But I'm going to previews something for you. I have a new app coming out that's going to fix the social media addiction. Here about it. It's kind of radical ahead. It's called stepping st E p p I N.
Speaker 2: You don't get some things that can copy right. You don't want to get trademarked. This is trademarking.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, And what we use a little radical We limit your screen time based on how many steps you take in a day. So you want to use Instagram and TikTok, make do you get your five thousand steps in today or ten thousand steps in today? The more you walk, the more you can scroll. You don't get out of the house and get some exercise. You can't sit at home and scroll doom, scroll through Instagram and TikTok.
Speaker 2: That's actually a great idea that should be mandatory. Now you get healthy, yeah, some fun exactly. Try do you give people a balance, right, that's what you try to do. Yeah, because we can just sit on our butts all day and just look at you like literally, it becomes addicting.
Speaker 3: It's completely addictive.
Speaker 2: It truly is. Yeah, but I can, but I don't know, Like I'll be laughing to myself and we will be laughing to himself like, well, what are you watching? What are you watching? Right?
Speaker 3: It's before you know it. You can actually look like on an iPhone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it tells me how many hours I spend them exactly.
Speaker 3: And it's depressing to look at it. So what I've been doing. I used to delete on Twitter. I used to spend about half an hour day on average on Twitter. Now I have half an hour free. And I just installed the Kindle app because I like reading. And now I'm seeing my Kindle screen time is going up. And now when I have ten minutes screen meetings, I'll pick up and read a chapter of the book I'm going through, so it's like I'm learning something instead of just scrolling through. I don't know what.
Speaker 2: Well, here's the thing with me. For Instagram, it's very good for me because I just follow all everything through about buildouts, anything to do with building, right, whether it's designers, builders, blah blah blah, right, just to see compare my quality of work to the equality of work, see what's going on.
Speaker 3: So for me, it's that sounds amazing for that.
Speaker 2: It is great for that because it gets my juices of my brain going again, too right, If I'm stuck and I'm looking at a white canvas and can't right, you know, I mean, then it'll start to so that it's great for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then I like watching old music videos and things like that, so it's not like I'm wasting my time just looking at stupid stuff. Yeah, I'm actually so you're reading Kindle and I'm looking at things to make my brain because that I want to make the next best album too right.
Speaker 3: Sounds great, So that's it.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, Sam, you have questions to Paul.
Speaker 4: What's next for you and the team behind the dating platform, Any new features, expansions in the pipeline.
Speaker 3: So the main thing we want to do with Lola is is get real connections. So we want people on Lola that are serious about meeting people in real life. If you just are on Lola chatting and you never meet someone in real life, or you're ghosting people, you say you're going to meet them, but you don't show up, we kick you off. We basically say, it looks like you like chatting, you should go use Tinder. That's a great app of chatting. But when you're ready to meet someone in real life, come you use Lola.
Speaker 2: Well that's good because I feel like a lot of aps probably don't do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The next thing coming out for Lola is we have something called the Lola Scorecard. Okay, and at the end of a date, you can give feedback on the guy who just met And then after you've been on three dates anonymous anonymous, after you've been on three dates, we say to you, do you want to see what the guys said about you?
Speaker 2: I don't think I want to know.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't think she'd want to know.
Speaker 2: Why? So that what you could go find him and tell him what you think. Yeah, no, but.
Speaker 3: You might be doing something you don't realize. So, for example, one of the things we have in there is she was on her phone too much, or she talked about her ex boyfriend too much, or she was rude to the waiter, like all simple things, things that can annoy a date. And there's simblings to change. We don't say things like he was too short? What's I going to do about that? But we have about fifteen things.
Speaker 4: People do lie about their height on those that's really weird people do that.
Speaker 2: They lie. Yeah, they say that they're tall and the short okay, but then you're gonna meet the person and they're not going to be the height. Oh, I don't get it. So then you're automatically let down when that happens.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: This is Jawnson Paul saying, this is not my thing. You guys carry on this conversation talking about It's not that I would ever allow this.
Speaker 4: I'm a little surprised that there hasn't been one for parents to pick. I'm over your peace, okay, because like, have you ever seen that movie?
Speaker 2: Uh? With it with?
Speaker 4: She puts, pulls an ad out for her daughter and interviews all the guys.
Speaker 2: Oh moments, I said, so.
Speaker 3: I have seen a movie.
Speaker 2: I've seen that movie.
Speaker 3: I forget the movie.
Speaker 4: I'm saying, you're the type of mom that would go on an app and be like I want to pick the person for my child.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I like that. That'd be very good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we call that wingman.
Speaker 2: I'm the best wing man I am. Asked Michael, Oh you like her? I run back into Abusel and go, Hi, Hi, are you married? I am why my buddy thought you were really beautiful. Oh tell them I thought he was really handsome too, But I'm married. Okay, I'm not going to cause any problems in your marriage. Okay, bye. Yeah, I'm a good wingman. That's why I said, Paul, I want to review everybody on your app. I'll just sit there and then go check check check check.
Speaker 4: But you imagine how much money some would make it if the parent was doing it, and they'd be like, yes, I'll sign up and do that for my child.
Speaker 2: That would have to be an app for I had an idea. Okay, why doesn't Lola have like the membership platinum package where a certain group of people go into there and a medium package in this package, Why can't it be a little bit more.
Speaker 3: We're not I'm ready for that yet because we're just launching this the air, But at some point in the future we might do that, okay.
Speaker 2: And then the other app that you have that you were talking about that was coming out is Stepping Steppin'. Is that all your brain does? This thing about all these different apps.
Speaker 3: We have I think six apps on the development right now.
Speaker 2: Paul, here's my here's my question. When you're worth how many billions? Will you be happy?
Speaker 3: Money anymore?
Speaker 1: Know?
Speaker 2: How much might I do? Like? What what's the number?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: Do we want to be.
Speaker 3: About the money anymore? I have way more money than I.
Speaker 2: Need, Okay, So it's about.
Speaker 3: I've given away most of my Kayak stock.
Speaker 2: I know you did.
Speaker 3: Why because I don't need it? But talk about a plane.
Speaker 2: Why we could be flying around all over the place, you you girl me Ray, we would just be flying wherever we want to go and do what we want to do. Okay. It's notign about money. So you were different like that because with me, yeah, it's about money. I don't lie. I'm making deals that they kill myself to make money, right, I'm not doing it. But then I donate a lot of it too. I do and then the arrest takes most of it, then masks takes the other. So why am I still working again? I forget?
Speaker 3: Remind me, well, you're building beautiful homes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, beautiful homes and we can see them elements gram.
Speaker 3: How come I never see I'm one of your million followers.
Speaker 2: We really sit there tonight when you go home and like read the comments on under that one you'll you'll I'm going to.
Speaker 3: Make a comments. See if you actually read your comments.
Speaker 2: I read all my comments, all right, I'm going to make a comment. I don't miss comments. I don't. I make a habit, especially certain videos. But I know, yeah, absolutely absolutely read some of that. I come back with some heavy stuff back, I really do. But Lola, is there what I've seen in reviews, they've been good reviews. You're always going to get keyboyd cowboys. You're not going to stop that. Yeah, you know, Sam, you and Lola's app.
Speaker 4: When we had that Talented it hadn't off actually come out yet, but yeah he did let me into it.
Speaker 2: So you're you're in there and then you download setting up my thing because I don't really use them, so now you're not using them like I browse. But I don't actively go like hunting. No, you're browsing. Maybe a lot of people are browsing. Now it's getting see around here. Remember everyone's here into relationship when summertimes over. You haven't noticed that after summertimes everything toughing season? Oh whatever that's called. Okay, you guys don't want to be alone for the winter. Okay, you guys have all this new wings. And then everyone breaks up with that person before they all do and everyone would be singlely good. Is it a Boston thing or everybody that's the generation to break? I'm to be stumbling. Let's sad toup of nails on w d's weel and be right. That candle.
Speaker 3: Went a wake up in and and the sunlight hurts my something.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to tup his nails. And I'm the city stumble and I'm here with Paul, and I'm here with Saammy. Paul, give me one more app that's coming down the pipeline on you.
Speaker 3: So I also have a travel company called Deets, like show me the deats and we're kind of like only fans, but for travel. Let's say this is an influencer you follow, and you really like this guy and he's on TikTok or Instagram or whatever, and you want to get a custom curated guid Let's say you want to go to Machu Pichi for the first time. Per we want to know look, where to eat, where to go. You can pay to buy his customized guide for you. It might be like a dollar ninety nine it. It could be the creator can decide how much they want to sell their guides for. But all their guides now are being sold on deetsdeets dot com.
Speaker 2: That's another one coming out. Yeah, I won't to ask you if you have another one coming because we're all going to be out of time. Okay, Paul, thank you again for coming on Toughest Nails. Samantha, I love you and have a great week. And this is City Stampo Toughest Nails on WBZ News Radio ten thirty