Speaker 1: Might have to make some cuts.
Speaker 2: Hello, and welcome to side Quest. This is our video game show here at geek First, and we got the full crew today. I'm your host, del Musa with me, I am with me. I guess I am with me, but I also with me. Here is My time is over? Travis Snell? How are you doing tonight? My friend?
Speaker 3: My time is over? Oh, Kirkland's doing Shenanigans. Change that on me.
Speaker 4: It was my time is now but doing some fraudulent But you know that's okay. I'm doing well up until that moment. I'm doing well.
Speaker 3: But that's okay.
Speaker 4: Right to cream Kirkland and this uh this uh this draft?
Speaker 3: Give him a pounding, give.
Speaker 2: Him a pounding. Well, here we go again, Kirtlas. Are you ready ready for that pounding?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I am ready for any pounding. I'm happy to be here another year, drafting twenty twenty six, healthy start of the year. No, yeah, I don't really have anything else say than that my time is over. Travis. Noo, there you go.
Speaker 2: You're wanting to introduce Travis again.
Speaker 1: I guess I'll just read it off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pulling a wrong berg Ta is for Taylor. Also two is for twenty twenty six. Taylor, how's it going tonight, my friend?
Speaker 5: That was good, happy to be here, happy to you know, have the homework done for this episode.
Speaker 2: So I was like it, yeah, yeah, we're doing our yearly video game draft as we always do. I'll explain the rules of it. I guess in a bit, maybe I'll just quickly wrap up last year's draft. So it was really hot and heavy coming into the end of the year where uh, you know, Kirkland, you know, fell behind because of a delayed game. Unfortunately, mean to the hollower got kicked to still who knows. We don't actually have a date for that yet technically. But it was looking like me and Taylor were pulling ahead. Travis was looking like he was eyeballing like third place there. But then me and Taylor both had one more game to come out, Marvel Cosmic Invasion for me, Metro playing four for Taylor. Uh, and we were I think at the exact same point or like one point difference or something. So it was really coming down to the wire on like those two final games.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: And then you know that went the way it did. But then I went and retabulated everything and then there's a little bit of variance. Now, I think all four of us have had numbers that have changed, which is weird. Sometimes it's like months later, like Doom randomly has like changed two points or something like that. So what's up.
Speaker 3: I feel like you understold me.
Speaker 4: I was at a point where if you guys got like a seventy six both you, I could have won it. So you like always said on that third there could have been a miracle. There could have been something that happened.
Speaker 2: To my account, I have over twenty points higher than you, So I guess it. Yeah, I guess there was. Marvel Cosmic was extremely tanked.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, there was a chance.
Speaker 4: I don't don't just say I settled that through there were I was looking for the you know it was locked that or it wasn't locked that you guys were winning it. There's always a chance for a surprise. We've seen games before, so put a valiant fight, you know.
Speaker 2: I will say when I was retablating things, Travis, because I had originally you had called to do Black Ops seven on your list, which had a seventy, but I checked it again today was at sixty five, So it's dropped five points since it came out, which is weird bad.
Speaker 3: Caller, So it sounds like, yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Would think most of those reviews like come out day and date like maybe for smaller games it takes longer, but anyway, I'll quickly rifle this off because we have a lot of stuff to do tonight. But yeah, fourth place. Unfortunately, Kirkland, because of me to the Hollower, delayed your other games. You had Doomed Dark Ages with eighty three, Split Fiction ninety one, Adam Falls seventy four, Mafia seventy three, MGS Delta eighty five, Pokemon Legend seventy eight, Baby Step seventy seven. So I guess to remind people who haven't listened to this before we all pick games. We usually start with five and then somewhere in the middle of the year we add more games onto our list. Whatever that game gets on Metacritic is added to your overall total points, so that gives your overall totals. So Kirkland had a five hundred and sixty one. So that was fourth place for Kirkland, who is currently the CHAMPI he's won two years. I think he won the first two years. Then it was Travis that won the year previously to that. Oh hat trick, yeah, al hat tricks.
Speaker 4: Over, time's over, Yeah, I talking about hat trick. I forgot when you said Mafia three. Forgot that game even existed, and even like another game I thought today was METROI Prime. I've heard nobody Dell did you pick up Metrod Prime or whatever the new one is.
Speaker 2: I did not.
Speaker 4: I don't think I know a single person that has that game.
Speaker 2: Play it, but like I'm not spending one hundred and ten dollars on it.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I just feels that it came and went for like all like years away from Metroid and nothing like a far in the wind, you know, a fart.
Speaker 5: In the win.
Speaker 2: I couldn't have said it better myself in third place, though, Travis. So you had two games delayed GT six and Judas, which you got repicks on, but you had avowed at eighty seousand, screen Shadows at eighty one, WWE two K twenty five, eighty Hollow Night, Silk Song ninety, Kirby Air Riders seventy nine, Borderlands for eighty one, like a Voyagers seventy nine, and Black Ops that the you know, carrying it all down there with the sixty five.
Speaker 3: Yeah, black ops.
Speaker 4: I was surprised by because I think anytime you pick call Duty game there is a gamble, because there is other games of the franchise we've seen that have low ones. The one that let me down the most, I think for me was the Kirby aer Riders. I expected a better score than that. That's the one I'm more Yeah, that's the one I'm more mad about when I look at that list you read off to me. So yeah, I'm pretty happy with that. I lost two of the bigger ones, So I'm happy with that score considering. But yeah, Zach ry pick it up next time, you know.
Speaker 2: I mean the next one might be smashed, So hopefully does pick it up.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So uh and then to you know, drum roll here the reveal is that Taylor, you did end in second place. It ended up being a four point difference between you and I, so very very close. You had death Randing two with eighty nine, which was a really really great score like a Dragon Pirate Kuz on Hawaii seventy nine and oh one one seven eighty four Metro Prime for seventy eight Onstop eighty Lego Party eighty one. That field six eighty three in Jurassic World Evolution three eighty one, so really like solid overall, really just clean average, and then yeah, death Stranding was a nice almost ninety for.
Speaker 4: You, Yeah, Matra again good seventy yeah, crazy yeah.
Speaker 2: Seventy nine yeah or seventy eight yeah, and then yeah for me. So I ended with six point fifty nine, had Monster Hunter Wilds eighty eight, Elden Ring Night rain at seventy nine, Ghosts of Yo Taie eighty six, Seventh Midnight seventy seven, m'lb The Show twenty five, eighty three, Outer World's two eighty three, Marvel Cosmic Invasion when my last one was eighty one, and Ninja goid In four at eighty two. So uh yeah, I had. I think Monster Hund Wild and Ghost Yoai were nice good ones, high eighties for me. I think we're the two big dogs in the fight. So we talked, we talked about this mid year. I'm curious where you guys are out with this, where we're talking about like adding steaks to these drafts. Now, obviously I won, so I want the stakes to count, but are we counting that for next year or do you guys want this to somehow be retroactive and like this year, I do get to pick a game that you guys have to play, or I would even be okay going back game even you for the years you won a pass because there's only that would only had three things and you know there's no timeline when you got to play these things. But I what do you guys think? What do you guys want to do?
Speaker 3: I'm a this year vote?
Speaker 1: I'm a this year guy? Yeah? How does it?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 5: Time starting? It's starting twenty.
Speaker 3: This is the year. It starts twenty seventy six.
Speaker 5: The stave vote for that?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, sounds good.
Speaker 4: Uh, Tato's getting serious this year.
Speaker 2: I did think of a game, but I'll you know, I won't even tell you what it is. I'll have to win again this year and hear what it is. I had a suggestion for you guys, And I'm curious what you think about this because I think you know issue with the draft and the way we do this is that if you have a even one, if you have one game delayed and the other three people have all their games come out, you just automatically lose, like if there is a delay one delay on your board, you're just done for unless everyone else's games get like forty. But like auto Metacritic, you know, people, you know, rarely are games getting like a you know, less than forty or something like that. My thought was, if a game gets delayed, how would you guys feel about just putting fifty points on it? So it's a really bad score, but it's at least something. It puts you still in the race. And then if the off chance that there's a game that gets even less than fifty, then that would become the minimum. So for anything it gets delayed. Let's say, so, you know, Kirkland drafts South Park snow Day two and it gets forty three on Metacritic, and that's the lowest rated thing of the year, and we make that like the lowest thing, and all the games that got delayed just get like a forty three slap home. So you're not getting zero, you're not out of the fight, but you're getting like a really bad score, Like it's not what you want. How do you guys feel about that?
Speaker 4: The only thing before answer would this be post the second like the midway point.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So if once we get to the midyear thing where we add games if there's anything that has officially been delayed out of the year, we would still repick those ones, Okay, But yeah, then if there's anything that is still unknown, like GT six, let's say it's not delayed yet, but it gets delayed in like September or something, you kind of get screwed there, but you'd at least get your you'd get fifty points for that one having it on your list.
Speaker 1: Thoughts, So this is sorry, is this just for the one like one game being delayed or this This could be like half my list, I'm just getting fifties on this.
Speaker 2: Or I mean if you're half if half your list you're getting fifties on, you're still gonna lose anyway. So that's why I feel like it's not like a huge advantage, like you still want to pick games that are good in games that come out because you're probably gonna get more than fifty. But it would be I would think it would be for every game. Hopefully you don't have too many games delayed. I think I've had two delayed in the past, maybe even one year that was like the worst that we saw.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, considering I've had a game go worse than fifty. I am okay with that. Uh, what do you guys think?
Speaker 5: Sure?
Speaker 2: I I I'll yeah, I guess. The only example I can give you is like last year, Kirkling, Let's say Mina the Let's say we had this last year, meaning the hollows on your list, it got delayed. Let's say you threw fifty extra points on your thing. You would be at six hundred and eleven. I think, so you'd still be twenty points below Travis, So it's not like you're still in the fight there, Like obviously that really tanks your score overall, we.
Speaker 1: Get seventy let's make it seventy points that.
Speaker 2: I mean. My other thought was like whatever game scores the absolute lowest on all of our lists, that becomes like that minimum threshold. But I don't know, I kind of like, I feel like fifties maybe a bit cleaner, and I do like it'll make much of a difference, but it's worth the truck.
Speaker 1: I like the strategy of like taking that risk that your game might get delayed, Like I don't. I don't like just to free get out of jail free card. So I yeah, I think I do.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think there is still like a rule ish that, like you have to have a reasona believe that the game's coming out with.
Speaker 1: This this year, you know, yeah elder score.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like that's that's that's that's illegal and that's an illegal pick.
Speaker 1: Example.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I I guess I alluded to it. But the reward, we've decided on a reward. Whoever wins this draft this year, we'll get it to pick a game that the other people have to play, and we'll probably try a base episode around talking about that game when everyone's played it. Something like that. Other just rule things before we get into the pick the order pick selection. You can't pick anything that's currently in early access. You can't pick any remasters. You can't pick any ports. Of course, remakes are a weird things. Yeah, there's reimagines for dragon quests. It's a tricky situation. You know, Kirkland did have Metal Gear Solid last year. You could argue that's like too close. I don't know. I I still it's really hard for me to decide what's like the right rule here. I think if it has remaster in the title though it's it's it's no, or if it's like definitive edition or enhanced edition or Director's cut, Like, I don't think any of those should count, but it is tricky, so you can make a case for it if you want to pick one of these, like ambiguous ones, I think is a good way to go about it. Other than that, Yeah, we all just we're just gonna start picking games here. Can someone get the wheel of the order wheel up for me? I should have done that, And if you guys want to keep it's the same dog from last year. So if you guys you want to open that up, I'll type the names in as we're as we're going through here, and yeah, like the you know, Metacritic just is like an overall aggregated So course you don't have to pick a console. We had that last year already, but just a reminder on that. And yeah, I guys, so, who's someone's wheeling up here?
Speaker 1: Yeah, wheels, wheels coming pull up the wheel.
Speaker 2: This is going to be our order of who's drafting. We do a snake draft style, so spin that bad for that?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I need those claps.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, that's me mister. So I'm picking first. Second pick goes to.
Speaker 1: I like it the run of the plas commanthing. It random on the new computer too, a lot less leggy. That's nice to see.
Speaker 2: That's good. Hell, the third pick looks like it's going. That leaves Travis for last. Now, Kirklin, I wanted to keep this wheel open. You can spin it if you want. Keep this wheel open for a second. So let me start with a little little quick behind the scenes. This is how a lot of things go at geek. First whenever there you go, Travis, you can yeah, celebrate there.
Speaker 3: I don't have the wheel. This is all a Kirkland. You know I'm not doing any of them.
Speaker 2: No, you're celebrating because you picked. I saw it. Yeah, So today in the chat, I went in our discord and say, hey, do you guys want to do five picks? Or do you want to do six picks? And this is a frequent thing oftentimes if you ask, you know, I'm guilty of this too. If you go in our group chat, if you look through all of their history, if anyone asks a yes or no or a binary question, half the time you'll get a reaction gift that doesn't answer the question at all. You'll get some unrelated answer, You'll get a meme that's later followed up with a just kidding answering the question. So when I asked, you guys want to pick five or six games, Kirkland responded with his new favorite meme of six seven. Taylor responded with his favorite reaction gift of the count, saying eight, and then Travis just said like he said ten, but he also just said the more the merrier. So you know what, Kirkland put on this wheel, five, six, and seven, and we're gonna determine how many games we're picking right now. We're throwing it to the wheel eight though eight actually ye eight as well? Put it.
Speaker 5: Yeah there, let's get is that a six or nine looks like a nine?
Speaker 3: It's a nine?
Speaker 2: Sorry, yeah, not ten, but nine. Take take five off there, just do six, seven, eight. So we're gonna roll the wheel. This is how many games we're gonna pick today. It's either six seven Kirklin's favorite, or eight. So Taylor.
Speaker 4: A leg game.
Speaker 2: So Taylor, it's Taylor as you as you requested.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's perfect, I'll take it.
Speaker 2: So you have an advantage in the draft because you were prepared for.
Speaker 5: This, right, I mean, as I said before I got I got picks, I gotta make a few cuts, but I got picks.
Speaker 2: You have to cut with eight you might have picked, You're gonna have to pick.
Speaker 3: Remember, we all get picks too, so.
Speaker 5: I don't know if you guys have well, I don't know. I don't know if you guys got my picks.
Speaker 2: That's a huge listener. It's fair, Okay, I will kick it off. I'm first pick here. I have Yeah, I have a few tiers, and I have like maybe six or seven or eight games in my top tier. But I'm gonna go with the big dog here. We're gonna learn about this game and just a couple of weeks. I think it will come out this year, and these games historically review really well. I'm gonna grab four as a Horizon six nice is set in Japan this year, so I think that could be extremely spicy.
Speaker 4: One after Tayo's just like, I don't think I of you have what I have. Boys take this this first time drafting. I feel like we look at the field, you know, so no pun intended.
Speaker 2: The teas for taylor Field all right over to Krookland.
Speaker 1: I don't like second pick. This is actually really stressful A lot of long time too until I pick next, which is scary thought. Oh man, oh man, I think I think I'm just gonna take the big boy. I'm gonna take GTA. I know it could be a pretty middle of the tier, like maybe even I dare I say yellowish tinge to that green on there, but I think it'll at least be that. And I'm hoping just the hype and buzz and just people just glazing on Rockstar on their games just just make this this number a lot higher than what it could because I definitely could see this being disappointing of a pick, but it's just such a big boy that uh yeah. And I do believe it actually is coming out this year, you know, yeah, despite it multiple I think it is.
Speaker 2: Hitting this year as well for sure, and I think it will review really well. I think it's a great pick. It's a great pick.
Speaker 1: I thought I was gonna get Forza. I thought GT was gonna go first, but fort is a you know, maybe I was I was overvaluing the fact that you would just see right now.
Speaker 2: After your Japan trip, you're hyped on the Japan set over to Taylor.
Speaker 5: Hmmm, okay, I'm gonna go Wolverine. I was looking around then I saw The last standoff sent on the Wolverine game was X Men Origins, and that has seventy five a Metacritic. That was from two thousand and nine, so, you know what, it's been a long time. I think there's a good chance this will be at least the seventy five plus.
Speaker 2: Supposed to the correlation that's like September bro the correlation to this team that made the movie tie in game given us a seventy five.
Speaker 3: That's why it's gonna be good.
Speaker 2: What did Spider Man two get? Like probably eighty.
Speaker 4: As at least like eighty I bet even like eighty five or something maybe because we take it are pretty safe.
Speaker 3: So Spider Man.
Speaker 1: South Park's not it, that's for sure.
Speaker 4: God ninety oh yeah, that's yeah, Slinging.
Speaker 2: I think it was only right just because like if it doesn't come out this year, which is possible, but it wasn't quite a first round pick for me. But it's still a solid pick overall.
Speaker 4: You know, other than August and then all the retrospective months that my children are born and then the month that Emily is born, I do a fair month, and my fair month is February. I love February because it's give me my first because I guess Snake draft. So I'm going not just one, but two games in the big old February film the Vibe cos on it. Give me that Leon Kennedy, that Resident Evil wreck Ram. The hype is gonna bring me there, and then I'm also gonna slap it down for Neo three as well. Those last two games have reviewed pretty well. It's coming out February six, So I'm going out for some big head honchos that are coming out early, because even if they get delayed, which I don't think res is. Even if Neil has delayed, I feel like I got some I got some time there.
Speaker 3: Wolverine.
Speaker 4: There's no date, GTA, it's getting delayed again, you guys. Do you guys not see that report last week from Jation Shreier. All the employees are like, this game's not gonna be good to go for Fall.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you that game's.
Speaker 4: Not coming out anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I h that's some ester scooping.
Speaker 4: So I'm happy to take Neo and Resident Evil.
Speaker 2: Hey, great picks, both in my top tier.
Speaker 5: I'll take you, Taylor, you know what, I definitely wanted to pick those A navel but I for some reason lost it on my list and I totally forgot about it. So fuck but that's okay because I am going this already.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna have it. I said a row. Someone gets picked and like I lost the.
Speaker 2: List, it's dropping.
Speaker 5: I have one that's I feel like it's a safe play, but well no, I'll do it because I feel like there's a chance it could be good'mnna do Yoshi in the Mysterious book. I don't have any personal excitement for this game at all, but hey, maybe it might have at least a high seventy and I'll take that too.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be orange orange bar right there, Orange yellow medic prediction, new record, hold over.
Speaker 3: Snow Day or whatever.
Speaker 2: I've got three left in my top tier, so I'm curious if Krookland's gonna grab one of these before I can nap up the other two. With the snake drafting powers.
Speaker 1: We have been in sync here on Nicks. I guess it's me now.
Speaker 3: That's what Dylan was alluding to, a little hGe for you and set you.
Speaker 1: Up there, man. I think I'm gonna take a gamble here. No, no, I'm not. I'm Noah, I'm gonna go I'm gonna go double seven here. I'm gonna go double seven here. I'm gonna pin some hype pick. No, I'm not going high guard. No, I don't know. I feel like hit Man's been uh reviewed really well, and this could be like a very disappointing drop. And I'm also getting hype for the game, which just I'm trying to will that into existence that it is going to be just a real standout title and uh yeah, hopefully it really delivers. I think it'll be in that eighty range minimum. I don't really see it being in the seventies. I've been wrong before, clearly, but yeah, I don't know. Let's go double seven. Lenny Kravitz.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it is a great pick. Great pick. Yeah, that was that was in my top tier. So I know people some people seem to have a little less faith in that one from what I've seen some chatter online. But I you know, I'm obviously in IOI super fans, so that makes sense. Good pick. I'm gonna grab two here. First up is I'm gonna grab a control resonant from Remedy Games. You know, the older games review really well Resonant has a bit of a question mark on it, like is this a sequel? Is it like a smaller game? I don't really know yet, and so that's where there's a bit of who knows with this one. But it is still remedy in a new control game, So I feel like it's gonna be hot off the presses. And then I'm also gonna grab a game that's coming out very soon, I think in March Sony first party game. Their last game, Reternal was a big hitter, so I'm gonna grab Sorrows.
Speaker 3: I would have that one next. That's a good one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Returnal then a six on Metacritics, so yeah, good, good good chance there, So.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely good chance.
Speaker 1: Okay, back to me here, look at my list. I got some hearts on here for sure. Ah, I'm not gonna touch that one. That one's too much wildcard. I'm gonna go with a heart pick here, I'm gonna go with I'm gonna go with the big fuck whould I go?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I know, I'm gonna go with my heart here. I'm gonna take to the skies. I'm going ace Combat eighth Wings of Thieve. This game is gonna be the best in the series so far. I truly believe it's last one. Not bad, not bad in the in the reviews. I feel like this is a nice, solid staple again, another one that I'm just willing that manifesting that's gonna be a fantastic game because I do want to be their day one and I want to enjoy myself. And from everything I've seen so far, it seems like it's it's gonna be the one I want.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I uh for that one is Yeah, they've slapped the twenty twenty six on it, right.
Speaker 1: Yes, twenty twenty six. It's no solid date here, so it is a bit of a risk. But yeah, I'm hoping I.
Speaker 2: Kind of forgot about that one so that you snuck that one from under my my little nose here.
Speaker 1: I should have left it for later.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, Taylor, all right, hmm, I'm gonna, I'm gonna, I'm gonna sneak in. I got two here, I got to here. What do I want to know? I got another safe one, but I don't know how safe that really is. So I'm gonna go Phantom Blade Fantom Blade zero.
Speaker 2: Okay, You're really you? You love Fall right now. That's what I'm learning about you.
Speaker 5: I just want to just slam dunk all these points in one month.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had them my under the radar snipes category. I didn't know if that was top of mind for anyone, So nice drops snipes category. Although maybe Blade comes out this year, that would be cool. I would love that, thank game.
Speaker 1: There's only ever gonna be one Blade.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's only gonna be one bla. Well, as I mentioned, I love February, right, great month, just talking up a little bit well on February and some of theos. A third game in there, And if a Kirkland can have a mental gear on his less list and that's a remake, then I think. You know it's even better than a remake is a reimagining. And I'm gonna take Dragon Quest seven reimagined. You look it up. They say it's a remake technically, but I don't take that. And then I'm gonna jump out of the February band waging. Now I think I've I've farmed that enough and I'm gonna go Lego Batman. I feel pretty good. Lego Frontiers Obviusly last year or whatever I got wasn't as good. But I think this one I'm feeling good in like a high eighty five being the minimum for Lego Batman. I think they're gonna put a lot of love in this. Every day more news comes out and it feels like it's always positive news, like nothing nake, nothing to worry.
Speaker 3: I think this is going to review.
Speaker 4: Really well, do really well, and I'm pretty safe with that. I know it's May right now. I guess there's always something that could happen, So I'm not like, I don't think it's one hundred percent log but I feel pretty good.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: I don't think the Lego games you should do the big delays, but you never know. But I think if it comes when it has come out, it's gonna get me some nice screen. It's gonna be uh, it's just gonna be my fear color popping off. So yeah, Lego and Dragon.
Speaker 2: Really solid picks, both in my upper echelon field.
Speaker 5: Okay, let's do Pregmata first contact. Oh you didn't see.
Speaker 2: It's a subtitle.
Speaker 5: That's what says. I get rid of that subtitle unless just do pragmatic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a great pick. That's great. It's had a demo o. People really liking it so solid picks, old pick.
Speaker 4: I don't see the subtitle anywhere too, so you might have just added that.
Speaker 5: I don't know where I pulled that from.
Speaker 2: Then what was the subtitle again?
Speaker 3: Sorry?
Speaker 5: First Contact?
Speaker 2: First Contact? Okay, yeah, I don't know about that.
Speaker 4: That's a sequel.
Speaker 1: That's good, Okay, if that counts correct, It's back to me here, he's.
Speaker 4: Going to mass and you told me the subtitle. You just embarrassing me in front of everyone on the draft, laughing.
Speaker 1: Every right now, I don't know lego bat that's gone. You took that one. Oh yeah, I'm gonna go. Fuck, I'm really struggling here. I wish there was just obvious ones to take for me. I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go ontos here another heart pick of mine, one that I'm just gonna be rooting. It succeeds really well, but first one reviewed really well, so I'm hoping this one's even better. Yeah. I don't remember if there's a date for that one, but uh, I hope there is.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't think it does, but I think it's probably coming out this year. I feel pretty good about that. Nice pick. Nice pick. Well Taylor's way. I can't believe you pick Yoshi. That was crazy.
Speaker 4: I guess he has high hopes for it. You never know, right, maybe maybe we're saying that, but we could he could be laughing next year, right, like percent.
Speaker 3: Game of all time?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the switch to console seller Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's the new Animal Crossing. Everyone's talking about it, writing about it.
Speaker 1: It's gonna it's not even gonna outperform fucking High Guard whatever that game was.
Speaker 3: I got.
Speaker 4: Oh, he should pick up. We should talk him into picking High Guard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, first content, he doesn't know what that game is. Yeah, speaking of the switch too, I am gonna grab a switch to game here. I'm gonna grab a it doesn't matter what order, because I get two picks here. I'm gonna grab a heart pick for me as well. Kirkland, following your footsteps, Fire Emblem Fortunes.
Speaker 3: We next. That's a good one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no date, it's a risky but say that again.
Speaker 4: No date yet, but risky, that's only risk to right, But it should come out, right.
Speaker 2: I think it. Yeah, I think it'll be out this year. And because they kind of the two alternating Fire and Bloom teams and this team's last one is twenty nineteen, I think, so it's been it's been cooking for a while and it is, yeah, from that team that had like kind of the better of the two Switch era games. So I'm feeling decent about this one. We haven't seen much of it yet, so it's a bit of a wild card, but I think it'll definitely be coming out here. And how about before we get into our fifth pick, since we're halfway through this, I'll, you know, thank our Patreon producers Aaron Braden, April Darkness, Jack Grant, Sam Superbad, Mic TGJ, I'm six', Nine Charlie, Rendell Lenny, Kravitz, Cocktail, Clay John, minich And Sam. Green thank you all so much for keeping the lights on over. Here with Your patreon, producer you get to vote on all sorts of, things you get to pick a lot of the content that we, Create you get access to episodes early and ad. Free so, yeah, definitely The patreon's the best place to go to support what we do here At. Geekberst and we have so much content coming out this, year especially on The patreon because we're doing more bread And butters than, ever and we created the document last week of some of these, topics and there's some fucking. Crazy so the only way you can listen to that is if you Because i'm not putting that on free. Feet i'm. WORRIED i don't want to hear. That you've gotta be a super fan before you're allowed to even listen to, That so join The. Patreon other than, that you can join our, discord leave a, review tell a FRIEND i don't, know do wherever you want to help us get this thing bigger and badder than. Ever twenty twenty. Six it's gonna be our best year. Yet, guys you think so.
Speaker 4: ABSOLUTELY i feel in the, bones.
Speaker 2: Feeling the, bones, bones and allus to. Shallow May, okay let's go to a quick ad. Break we'll be right. Back, okay we are. Back i'm gonna grab another switch to game. Here this, ONE i admit has some variance on. IT i do think. Though it's Like lowest is like a seventy, five which is not. Great but it is a game from From software who are Winning game of The years all the, time and this one could be a weird. One But i'm gonna grab. It i'm gonna grab The Dusk. Bloods it's the switch to from software exclusive, GAME i, think, yeah LIKE i, said has that kind of it could have that low, floor BUT i think has a really high ceiling because of the fact that it is from software as. Well and, yeah So i'm gonna grab Dust blood.
Speaker 1: Here, nice, nice good pick you can always count on from, SOFTWARE i, think, yeah, yeah some good.
Speaker 2: Ratings like even their Night rain last, year which was like their lowest reviewed game in a, while was still like high seventies or, whatever like seventy. Eight like it's, fine you, know.
Speaker 1: Good, points good, pick could. Pick, alright my, turn NOW i SHALL i Think i'm gonna hold, on hold, on hold On.
Speaker 2: Google and release, dates review, scores, titles.
Speaker 1: Content i'm gonna go with an earlier release this time, around just BECAUSE i have some some things in the back back half of the year. Here i'm gonna go With Code vane, two A soul's like. Title it's coming out this, month SO i at least know That i'm gonna be getting some. Points, nonetheless AND i think the first, one you, know underperformed for WHAT i thought it would have. BEEN i think it's like in that seventy six. Range but you know, what those are valuable. Points and in the long race that is this uh this draft that we do. Here SO i think this one will do a little bit more than. That, though there's something in the air that that's got me. Sniffing so, yeah there you.
Speaker 5: Go all, Right i'm going to be bold And i'm going to go With Star Wars Galactic. Racers, YEAH i. SEE i didn't even bother look at The metacritic of the end sixty four, one just to kind of sound like.
Speaker 2: You need to worry about the medical.
Speaker 1: Worst reviewed, game worst review in the game in sixty four his what do you think that's gonna?
Speaker 2: Get what do you think that how many points is that going to? Nab?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 5: TAYLOR i think it's gonna be a clean eighty. Five, Okay, no you're you're. Happy you should be those games you see those foursa Games Star, wars but forsa.
Speaker 2: Imagine that was just the best game of the, year like one all The game of The year awards Barely.
Speaker 4: Beatoshi, Yeah oshi in this.
Speaker 3: Game, okay WHAT i? Okay so power.
Speaker 4: Here, Yeah i'll go for any easy one THAT i think should just review well in, general all the fucking nerds like, it all the people to review these games like it go With Pokemon. Poketopia you, KNOW i just feel like that's at least a seventy green if it's lower. Tier BUT i, THINK i think that audience will like.
Speaker 5: It it's gonna be your Black ops seven pick.
Speaker 4: All it could.
Speaker 2: Be, Yeah pokemon hater is grabbing A pokemon.
Speaker 4: Game you gotta. Play you gotta play for the love of the. Game you, know you gotta sometimes become friends with your animal.
Speaker 5: Game really in this, space that's.
Speaker 4: TRUE I i've if the jury does not allow me to pick, this that's. FINE i have more coming, up BUT i feel LIKE i should be allowed to pick. It considering two weeks ago they announced they're doing a direct on. That IF i want to Throw fable on this, list would that be a ya or AN a.
Speaker 2: Because of the release date of, them, well.
Speaker 4: There's no date for, it but they're doing a direct in two. Weeks and that's when it's not even, like, oh we're Tunnel. Field it's, like there's the three games we're. Highlighting to, me that feels, It, Okay i'm gonna throw f on. There i'm very Un this is to me more of a, yeah big risk Because i'm something in the camp THAT i think is going to, Disappoint but if it's the other, SIDE i think it's also big, risk big. REWARD i think there could be a chance where maybe it does recapture that magic and people love and they're just, like, man they took their time in this, game but thank, goodness it's.
Speaker 3: Perfect Uh SO.
Speaker 4: I think it's it is a, risk BUT i want the high potential. REWARD i think it could be one of those games, like, damn look at. It it's like a nice like eighty nine eighty eight doing really. Well so, yeah you can take the risk with the With fable now so very.
Speaker 2: Good i'm very curious to see how that one goes for. You me, too also curious to see What taylor picks.
Speaker 5: NEXT i, MEAN i wasn't going to bring it, up but you're bringing Up fable just makes me kind of want to ask because it's kind of it's just, heylo, NO i got. It Combat like it's it's a new game with new. Mission it's, like, like how does this?
Speaker 1: Work i'm just, Curious paine.
Speaker 5: Campaign it's a new, title which means a new, game, right all new, Stuff like how does a game like this? Fit that's a weird one for, sure doesn't you?
Speaker 2: Know it's like hard to call it a remaster because it's just a lot less than the original game actually. Has and is it just like a port?
Speaker 4: Though really like really just going to PlayStation? Right you know it's not a.
Speaker 1: Port this guy trying to weave the guy with the reimagined.
Speaker 2: Game we'll take a majority of vote. Here i'll Say i'm fine with. It, Personally i'm fare.
Speaker 5: This i'm just giving you, art doesn't.
Speaker 2: Matter are you taking it or are you just messing with?
Speaker 5: US i THINK i gotta take it because my list just shrunk so fast. There so you love?
Speaker 2: Games did you not factor in that we would also get eight? GAMES i didn't have that on my list so. Far you know one's. Taken, yeah a lot of THINGS i didn't even. Consider so you're going in a different. REALM i like, it, Right halo off the?
Speaker 3: Table, okay.
Speaker 1: That's. Me turn, Now i'm gonna.
Speaker 2: Go, Fuck.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna Go Super Meat boy THREE d good. Ye, no no solid, date but it says early twenty twenty six right. Now so with no date, though that we're in the early Twenty so that means if it gets delayed it's still within twenty twenty, six maybe the back half of the twenty twenty. SIX i, MEAN i don't know much about this title other than it's a really well regarded original in like what? Era is it A pc? Game Indy, dlama Super?
Speaker 2: Boy do you mean, yeah Game boy. VANS i want to say it was, like, yeah that early Like xbox three Sixty arcade, thing or Like Steam steam like twenty twelve ish, ten twenty. TEN i don't.
Speaker 1: Know somewhere in that PO i recognize the, character and WHENEVER i recognize the, character BUT i have no idea what the game. Is i'm, like, oh this must be an iconic. Series and there's a lot of buzz and hype on the on the critics for super Meat boy THREE d really good.
Speaker 2: PICK i like that pick a. Lot, OKAY i THINK i know it's all.
Speaker 1: Right what are we at right?
Speaker 2: Now this is gonna be your what that was your sixth? Pick so you have two?
Speaker 5: More?
Speaker 4: Okay it does say if you have the document Up.
Speaker 3: Kirkland it says it.
Speaker 5: PLAYER i.
Speaker 1: DON'T i don't.
Speaker 2: Document let me just make sure that this thing has a release. Date that, okay it has twenty twenty six On steam, stores So i'm Gonna i'm gonna base this off. THIS i Think kirkland. Might kirkland might come around and try and take this, one BECAUSE i know he's excited for it. Too i'm gonna grab which?
Speaker 1: Funk, no which broke? Good grab which?
Speaker 2: Brook that's the like pixel kind Of Harry potter looking, thing co op. Thing the publisher developer make solid games that review well in the. PAST i think this game seems pretty, special like they've been cooking on it for a. While has a twenty twenty six day on It's steam, page So i'm pretty feeling pretty good about that. One and Then i'm gonna grab another game That i'll just double check this is coming out this. Year let's see does it say on The steam? Page it just says TB. A i thought it had, one and it's let me, Verify let me. Verify that's.
Speaker 3: Fine this happens on.
Speaker 2: Draftcasts DO i want to TRUST Ai overview, though of, course never get anything. Wrong when do you think this is gonna?
Speaker 5: Come?
Speaker 2: OKAY i see a variety says twenty twenty, Six So i'm gonna Trust bridy. Here i'm gonna Grab order of The Sinking. STAR i forget if we talked about this one on our preview last. Week this is not so. Familiar, yeah this is the new game From Jonathan, blow who Did The witness And, braid which are two like the most uh, like critically loved indie games of all. TIME i don't know what's funny right.
Speaker 5: Now i'm just laughing because they're. Laughing let's come, on.
Speaker 2: Literally his name and you're just making No, yeah The witness And bray two of the most critically Loved darling games and fan loved indie games of all. Time this new one looks weird and. Crazy we saw it The Game. Awards looks looks. Crazy i'm sure it's gonna have something more to it as, well beyond what you can just see. THERE i THINK i feel like this is like a high, eighties maybe even a ninety. Potential SO i saved it for the late down the list BECAUSE i don't think any of you were thinking about. It BUT i think this game is probably gonna review pretty damn. Well could get, kicked BUT i think we'll know that by midyear AND i can repick. It But i'm pretty happy with nab in that one from my list here there you, go.
Speaker 4: Mister.
Speaker 2: Patzer, okay.
Speaker 1: My. Ticket just like it's these little little names on my list, HERE i THINK i might deviate off the list, here just the mystery Pool i'm gonna. Go i'm that actually has a release date, here coming out In march twenty twenty. Six i'm going with the big replaced. Here, yeah that's What i'm.
Speaker 3: Doing oh fuck you that's my?
Speaker 2: Game were you gonna draft?
Speaker 4: IT i was.
Speaker 3: GONNA i had my last, yeah just for the heart.
Speaker 2: Pick so, yeah that was just such a question mark for. ME i have no idea what's gonna happen with that?
Speaker 1: One meda?
Speaker 3: Critics why fucking? Craters?
Speaker 2: There the first one hundred perfect score over to Mister.
Speaker 5: Field this is my seventh, right that would be right?
Speaker 3: Penultimate oh, yeah what is the?
Speaker 2: Other the other one against anti ultimate or antipenultimate anti it's.
Speaker 4: Antipenultimate, yeah, YEAH i SURE i forgot that.
Speaker 5: One, Yeah, DYLAN i heard. YOU I i disappeared where you picked two switch? GAMES i heard the second, one BUT i didn't hear the first. One was it fire Emblin Fortunes weave By?
Speaker 2: Chance yes it? Was, yeah The Dusk bloods as well The Dusk.
Speaker 5: Bloods i'm gonna pick The halloween.
Speaker 2: Game.
Speaker 5: Uh you, Know Predator Hunting grounds is not a high. Rating Killer clowns not the highest rating, either but it is on an. Increase did you.
Speaker 3: See friday the. Thirteenth it's not, great not. GREAT i checked, too.
Speaker 2: AND i was, like, no, Pattern, yeah you might be better off if it gets delayed and you just get fifty.
Speaker 5: POINTS i feel like there's a good chance that this could be like just that that that one that they actually. Nail and it's good BECAUSE i Think halloween's got a lot of a lot of good hype AND i feel like this one could be kind of similar to not Fantastic friday, thirteenth and uh, yeah so we'll, SEE i.
Speaker 1: Respect we'll.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 3: Yeah all.
Speaker 2: Right that comes to me closing out your draft.
Speaker 4: Here, YEAH i got My penulta and my Fun, YEAH i did have.
Speaker 3: Replaced so.
Speaker 4: It's Very it's tough here BECAUSE i got, like there's two semi safe, ones but then there's two ONES i could have good upside DO i do a bit in the. Middle SO i Think i'm gonna do a bit in the middle there because place got. Taken i'm gonna replace replaced with another one that's. RISKY i have said many times that this game feels like a pyramid scheme that something has to be. Up But i'm gonna Throw Crimson desert in, there because you know, what maybe it is everything it.
Speaker 3: Says maybe it.
Speaker 4: Is you can ride a raft and then swing Like Spider man when they start saying when they're like bigger Than Red, dead bigger Than, skyroom.
Speaker 3: You can swing Like Spider. Man you can do this like like it feels like a lot of.
Speaker 4: Hype but if for some reason then we're going for seven games with pans, out maybe it is the next big. Franchise we've seen that, before right new ip comes out and it's just, Huge So i'm hoping it's. That and Then i'm gonna take a safe one with The Mario. Tennis i've seen there kind of always between like the either low eighty or, seventies So i'm hoping it's a better. One but the other, GAMES i just either they don't have a date AND i DON'T i don't believe in, them or they're just too new where they are kind of like With Crimson Deavor, DESERT i can see the height where there's other ones WHERE i, Go, EH i don't know IF i believe enough in this to take a risk on. It So i'm just gonna With mario tens to be safe for, now and then if we add somebody can maybe revisit some of those other ones. Later but, Yeah i'm those.
Speaker 2: TWO i actually really like The Mario tennis. Pick there was just like some new trailer thing that came out last. WEEK i think that was, like, oh it has like thirty eight, characters the most in the series in the series, history AND i JUST i just wonder if they're gonna switch it, up BECAUSE i feel like all The switch one era sports games Like Strikers golf and the Original Tennis, aces like all of those games came out and they had like the amount of content they, did and then like over the next, year every month or, two they added like a couple of new, characters a new, map a new item or. Whatever AND i feel, like you, know because of, that obviously it's gonna like tank the review scores a bit on those, games because you, know a year, later if they came back and, reviewed it's, like, oh there's so much content, here so much more going. On, yeah and it seems, LIKE i don't know if this is what they're, doing if there's strategy is changed with the switch to but it seems like maybe they are switching that. Up and Like Tennis fever is gonna come out fully fledged, game not have like this drip feed. Content it's just gonna be like a, huge big game at, Once and so maybe that fares well for its review. Scores but that's all just kind of hearsay on my.
Speaker 4: Part releases with two characters nothing BUT dlc every, month it's a complete opposite spectrum What dylan.
Speaker 2: SAYS i, mean has like a story mode, too which you know people want from these sports. Games SO i don't. Know it looks really nice too in terms of the, Visuals so it could be a good hitter for. YOU i like, IT i.
Speaker 3: Hope SO i like that that makes me sound or makes, me uh feel.
Speaker 2: GOOD i PROBABLY i might have picked it If taylor didn't grabble these like GAMES i forgot.
Speaker 4: About SO i Thought taylor for sure was Getting, tennis to be, HONEST i THOUGHT i was.
Speaker 5: Losing it completely forgot About, tennis to be. HONEST i like to hear.
Speaker 2: That all, Right, taylor do you have an eighth? Pick on your eleven game, List.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna slide in there Because i'm pretty sure when picked it. Reanimals baby, good well you said that animal?
Speaker 3: Question, yeah like like, us SHOULD i pick this animal First?
Speaker 5: Contact?
Speaker 3: Yeah give him.
Speaker 4: First contactact is a bonus game as well on that, list you, know like As steven's range pick or, no who is it To Rick strange or Hate Rick? Strange Rick Strange?
Speaker 3: Strange all?
Speaker 1: Right when final pick number, THREE i was trying to find some freak show. PICK i feel LIKE i usually pull one up one of those out every, year but nothing's really standing out to, me and the ones THAT i was circling very sketchy release. Dates it's like twenty twenty, six but no specific range has even been, Specified So i'm gonna go with a one that has release date. Here i'm Going Monster Hunter stories. THREE i Think Monster hunter just has their their super fans that come out of the woods And monstarter story is one pretty pretty not so, great you, know it's something the seventies, range but Then Hunter stories two big. Upgrade And i'm hoping number three is it was like eighty five or, something, Right, yeah, YEAH i THINK i think it's eighty one but still that's that's super. Solid So i'm hoping this one's even. Higher and, yeah there you, go closing up my.
Speaker 2: List good, pick good. PICK i definitely have in my next. Tier i'd LIKE i was also was gonna Ask, kirklin you know The. HOLLOWER i know it didn't technically get a twenty twenty, six but did you consider grabbing that one BECAUSE i it's coming out this year still?
Speaker 1: Probably, YEAH i feel like it JUST i really didn't think about, it, HONESTLY i just cont much.
Speaker 2: CONSIDERATION i, mean, yeah they. Didn't they didn't delay it and say, like, oh it's coming out next. Year they just delayed it without. Anything but because it had a demo and, stuff that's WHY i think it's probably still coming out this. Year but, yeah it is a bit of a question, mark yeah for. Sure. Yeah SO i have two sequels THAT i could go, for BUT i don't THINK i didn have like solid. Dates i'll go for one that's coming out pretty. SOON i talked about it last week on our. Preview and this Is. Mugenix so it's From edmund, McMillan who does binding Of, isaac who did the Original super Meat. Boy and, yeah he's just another like A jonathan blow get your laps out if you.
Speaker 3: WANT i don't know where he laughed.
Speaker 2: Like. That we're just like a beloved indie developer always makes, weird interesting. Stuff this game's coming out very, soon so it's gonna be points on the board for. ME i don't really know too much about, it BUT i think it'll probably be a, good, interesting cool game that probably reviews well and critics will really like. It so, Yeah i'm gonna Grab eugenics as my final. Pick there you. Go that's that's eight for all of us that somehow went by like the same speed, then like when We've drive. Five SO i don't know how that, happened but that's. Good, Taylor do you have the doc? Open? Sure?
Speaker 3: Do?
Speaker 2: Okay do you want to read your? List?
Speaker 3: Off all?
Speaker 5: Right i've got number One Marvel's, wolverine number, Two yoshi and The Mysterious, book number, Three Phantom blade, zero number, Four, Pregmata First contact five Or Scalactic, racers number, Six Halo Campaign, evolved number, Seven, halloween and number eight Ree Animal.
Speaker 2: Beautiful, beautiful, Right, travis what's your list looking?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 4: Oh my list is looking like a, winner looking Like i'm gonna reclaim that, throne you, know didn't last, year But i'm gonna get.
Speaker 3: That the deuce is this.
Speaker 4: Year Mario, Tennis, Fever Crimson, Desert Crimson, Desert, Uh fable hopefully come, Now, Pokemon, Potopia Lego, Batman legacy of The, Dark, knight number, Three Dragon quest seven, Reimagined number Two neo, three and number One Resident evil Requ.
Speaker 5: Reem it's a pretty good. List i'm not gonna. Lie that's.
Speaker 2: Looking. Good, Oh, TAYLOR i was gonna ask to No gears Of WAR E day for.
Speaker 5: You, no that's been put out how many. TIMES i don't think it's got like and didn't? Already OH E. Day, oh we don't even know is that coming out this? YEAR i, thought are you talking about the anniversary of the first? One? Rumored, yeah without any like proper car, INFORMATION i THINK E, DAY i don't know if that game exists.
Speaker 2: Anymore, yeah maybe it's concerning if it's not in the developer direct in like a couple of, weeks maybe that would have been like a good sign of its release, date Which fable is as. Well so that's maybe good sign. There BUT i just wanted to ask about. That, okay WHO i Haven't Askedkirkling, kirklan what's your list looking?
Speaker 1: Like? Oh my, list, MAN i gotta figure out to turn on dark mode on My Google. Docs this is the light is mine right, now hurting my. Eyeballs started at the. Bottom number EIGHT i Got Monster Hunter stories, Three Twisted. Reflection number seven got replaced number, Six Super Meat boy THREE d number, Five Code vein, two number four ON, tos number, Three Ace combat, Eight wings Of, Thieve let's go number, Two double, Seven First light With Lenny, Kravitz number, One Grand Theft auto. Six hell, yeah getting sunburned off my monitor right? Now, yeah, seriously doc is? Insane do you have dark mode? On how the hell do you turn this?
Speaker 2: On tell me? AFTER i, MEAN i my tab for the Actual google doc is quite.
Speaker 1: SMALL i have it like a Little oh, okay, yeah jumbo.
Speaker 2: Screen, travis did you consider? Drafting i'm thinking about all these things. Now did you consider drafting And Half life? Three?
Speaker 3: No the only ONES i. Did the only ones that were on the list Were Marl.
Speaker 4: Token Fighter Blood Don, walker and then they Visible Marvel.
Speaker 2: TOKEN i don't, KNOW i don't, know, Yes and.
Speaker 4: That's that's Where Marrio tennis came. In and Then invisible Or invincible. Verses those were like the the other. Ones blood The day Don WALKER i think has a chance ONCE i learned it's a bunch Of witcher devs and, stuff and yes it's looking.
Speaker 3: Good people are saying good things about.
Speaker 4: It BUT i felt better With Crimson desert the Next Claar.
Speaker 3: Obscurity it could.
Speaker 2: Be my list is looking like four as A horizon six and we Got, Control Resonant, Sorrows Fire, Emblem, Fortunes, weave The Dusk, Bloods, Witchbrook order of The Sinking, star And New. Genics So i'm pretty happy with my. LIST i got a lot of the games that were in my kind of upper, shlunteers because you guys want to pick some off the wall things Which i'd like to. See so this will be. Fun, YEAH i think probably steep to assume we'll come back mid year and at least go up to, ten maybe even. Higher because we already started with, EIGHT i saw had stuff to. GO i could have gone two more rounds if you guys wanted. To but you, know Poor, TAYLOR i know he only had eleven to start.
Speaker 3: With so was your list depleted by the end of? This?
Speaker 2: Taylor uh, NO i only had only had to add. One oh, nice that's pretty. Good but, yeah we will come back mid year ish and add some more games to. THIS i of, course we always check in throughout the year on. This we do all sorts of other drafts with the movie, draft we have Some MARVEL dc, drafts all sorts of things which are always fun. Content so check out all the other. Stuff thank you everyone for, listening thank you boys for joining, me and we will see you all next. Time bye, bye