Speaker 1: On on on Welcome to the CEO Pre Show for episodes four, four seven and four four eight, four, four seven and eight. Yes, sir, Holy shit man, we have been saying that for a long time.
Speaker 2: Like four hundred and forty eight times.
Speaker 1: I think we started the pre show in the two hundreds.
Speaker 2: Was it that long after we started the show? I think it was.
Speaker 1: And the pre show for a while was only available to the Patreon supporters overpatreon dot com slash CeAl podcast.
Speaker 2: Whether they liked it or not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and for a while I don't think they did.
Speaker 2: You have a bunch of yeah, now here we are, people like the new and improved super duper pre show from the wherever we are?
Speaker 1: What are we?
Speaker 2: We're not in the basement anymore, I presume.
Speaker 1: I haven't decided where we are, but little studio upgrade for sure. And we got Uncle Brando out of the basement kind of like getting out of the closet, but more or less butt stuff. However you're looking at.
Speaker 2: That, Well, the thing is with like when you're in a closet is like what if you have things on the floor of the closet like shoes down or bags or whatever. Right, and then like you get comfortable, you kind of lean against the wall for nap. You might lay all the way down and then you get up and then your head's and a bunch of shirts and then maybe one of those shirts is a sweater and you got static in your hair now, or.
Speaker 1: You're sleeping sitting up, okay, get this picture this. You're sleeping sitting up in the closet, okay, and you got to move around because you're uncomfortable a little bit, right, and the moving around kind of wiggles a bowling ball off of the top shelf of the closet and it comes down hits you on the back of the head, and you give yourself a blowy for like one second.
Speaker 2: And then you're I guess then you're sleeping on the floor of the closet. But at least you're laying down now, so you won't wake up with such a well, you still probably wake up with a sore neck in this scenario.
Speaker 1: Hey, yeah, and head and throat depending on this that matter.
Speaker 2: How everything goes. Yeah, I suppose so, yeah. But the point is, if you live in a closet, I'm sorry, but like I mean, there's worse places you could live, like Regina.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I suppose. And when you come out of the closet, it's a fantastic place to be and.
Speaker 2: You're welcome in the nation. Correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that got a little bit deep, didn't it, did it?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Wow? Something did? Okay? Well, two episodes this week because we're at the end of the month bonus show for July, we're gonna be looking at Bloomborough Legends from the.
Speaker 2: Pre Cons and that's Tuesday tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Nope, that's Wednesday. Wednes Wednesday's pre Cons and Legends from Precons.
Speaker 2: Oh, I thought you said we're looking at Legends on the pre We're looking at Legends tomorrow, the pre Cons Wednesday.
Speaker 1: There you go, and Legends from the Precons. We're gonna package all of those together. Uncle Brando's got some I think you've got some product to show off on the table. So we'll take a look at that.
Speaker 2: We can like physically view it with our eyeballs.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, you should be watching on YouTube. You should be almost you almost missed it. There you go. We've got the booster back game. What we've got last week's winner for undersquirreled breach. That was kind of clever. That's a good one like that osteomancer adapt osteomancer.
Speaker 2: That means he is a bone wizard that works with bones.
Speaker 1: Yes, is that what mancer means? I guess that, Like people know that. That means like.
Speaker 2: Tarto mance oromancer pyromancer. That's like another that's a synonym for wizard nec romancer. Yes, like a yeah, it's a specialized form of wizards. I don't know what a bone wizard does. It makes me think of Marrow from like X Men, like grows bones really big out of her back and can like throw them at people and stuff. I think they put her in one of the X Men movies, but they made her a dude and he just like threw little knives that popped out of his hands. I thought they did her a little dirty, but she was really great. A Marvel versus cat Com.
Speaker 1: Three Deep Cut, Deep Cut, Deep Deep Bone.
Speaker 2: If you ever, if you ever played his Marrow and Marvel versus Capcom, let us know in the comments because that's a fun game. There you go. You just gotta use beam soupers on onslaught. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: Oh there you go. Okay, I have no idea what any of that means, but I do have the winner in front of us. Who is it, ammenous one. I'm sure they've won before, but they won back when you could choose like your screen name on YouTube before it all just went to at like what your account name or email is? Right? You don't remember when they change that, so I'm sure ominous one has one before. No?
Speaker 2: Is he the ominous one? Or is the omen is number one because of being omen fan? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Omen is one is actually how it's spelled. Yes, you're the winner, Commander cook at a gmail dot com. To collect your prize, you can get a Ceco sticker pack, a Ceco token pack, or a crummey old pack on manu you do somebody actually asked for one last month?
Speaker 2: The hell's the matter with you?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man. What a waste of a good prize?
Speaker 1: Yep, for sure, but I will confirm.
Speaker 2: I think when people ask for the pack of magic cards, they should have to send a picture of their polls to us, just so we know how pummeled they got. Yes, because at least then somebody gets a laugh out of them wasting their width.
Speaker 1: Their polls and they got pummeled. They should send a picture of their pepe to us. Wait, don't do that.
Speaker 2: Okay, listen, No, I thought you were gonna say they're Ppo because they're pummeling, pulled opening. We could send that.
Speaker 1: Why didn't we call bbo Ppo?
Speaker 2: Because that doesn't have my name in it. And if I was trying to say Ppo really fast, I would screw that up and it would just get us kicked off YouTube. And I don't want that because I like being a YouTube sensation turns out?
Speaker 1: Oh man, Okay, Two things now. First thing, the last or like the July prizes for the pre shall have all been sent out.
Speaker 2: Are people going to see this after July is over?
Speaker 1: I think this one comes out like on July thirtieth, or maybe the twenty ninth. Okay, Monday is sure. Yeah, so everything from July has been sent out except for this one, obviously an ominous one you don't count. Second thing is is we did the the initial run through of the footage from a recent Brando's box opening. Yeah, and it's not from Bloomborough. Are you doing a Bloombero on?
Speaker 2: I sure am. I'm actually building a set after I get home from this. I'm making a set for this one, you guys. I'm I'm. I got really positive feedback from like when I like when I got a freaking box bounced off my temple.
Speaker 1: Oh man.
Speaker 2: So I'm trying to, like I'm, I'm trying to do more things to make everybody laugh. So instead of laughing at me, they're laughing with me. He's up in his game, folks, up in the game, and I'm building a set. And I have another another co star in this one, which I'm pretty excited at all.
Speaker 1: That's the Bloomborough one. We have got a special kind of off the beaten path product, you would say, from a while ago. And there was a couple really funny gimmicks right off, like just bang bang that were really freaking funny. And I've said it before. I've said it a thousand times. Everybody that's around me knows that mostly I just put up with Brando's antics with the last couple BBOs. And there's me in my stupid office or in the sound booth just like editing stuff and I'll literally laugh, like actually laugh out loud. Yeah, And I have I have a fun time, and I think people in the nation really like them. And we've got this older box that you're gonna do.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a good one. It is a good one. I guess we're there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. We had somebody from the damn studio say, hey, I've got these old shoe boxes worth of cards or full of cards, and we've got the camera mounted on the ceiling now for our upcoming sidewalk slam that we're planning. Yeah, buddy, And we're thinking that we're gonna do like a like an open flippy or a drinking game or something with some people or just us or whatever with these old shoe boxes worth of cards. I'm told they're roughly from fourth or fifth edition up to about two thousand and one. So we're gonna call that like invasion. That's like masks invasion. Masks is two thousand, right, invasion and one right.
Speaker 2: So we're going there's some possibilities of opening some pretty neat stuff.
Speaker 1: Think think of the legendary lands from Erza Block, Geias Kradle and the like. Think of like yog moths will think of old lightning bolts. If we're looking at fourth edition or fifth edition, think of Mani Vault, Wrath of Thong, Wrath of Thong. We could probably get some Soul rings in there.
Speaker 2: Just to be cool.
Speaker 1: Those are fun just because they're just because they're a popular card, even though they're outside of the time frame that I outlined. Think of the old foils that we could get, Like like, imagine if there's a Foil Masks Brainstorm in there or Port.
Speaker 2: Come on, we'd have to edit that. I have to edit that footage because you because I'd steal it only the rich port.
Speaker 1: It'll be like a twenty five minute cut scene where you're driving home to get your non foil.
Speaker 2: One and being like Louis Louise.
Speaker 1: And you have the one in his pocket.
Speaker 2: You're like, Brando, it's it. Why is it gold border? Why does it say Champions Edition on the back? Like shut up?
Speaker 1: Why is it from Modern Horizons or where Ultimate Masters or whatever it was reprinted in?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I thought it was only from Masks Block.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So we've got some fun BBOs coming up. We got the ceiling camera and we've we've got to kind of we haven't planned out with producer Gary, like how we got to turn the table and where we can shoot in the site lines and stuff. So everybody's been asking. So I wanted to give an update on that. Especially Thomas. He was one of the one of the players in the lost episode Game five of Yeah season two, and the audio was just so terrible. We were all so loud, remember we we mucked around with the microphones for so long because we couldn't get them to sing properly. Yeah, connect to my computer because they're wireless. And then it was me, me and editor Joe and we're so loud, and you're loud too, but your voice is so deep that we're just like on a different plane. And Thomas is like, where's the episode, Like, give me the episode, give me the footage. I'll give it to a video editor. I know.
Speaker 2: I'll pay them like a thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: I'm like, Thomas, No, you're not paying somebody one thousand dollars to go through this crap, Like you're just not. So we're gonna redo it and it's gonna be here. It's gonna sound fantastic. We're gonna light it professionally. We're gonna shoot it professionally because the damn studio is pretty cool place.
Speaker 2: It's it's fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah seven out of ten, you think yeah, probably say that.
Speaker 2: Yet once we get a curtain. I feel like we'll be at seven out of ten. But for right now, he's got shirts on the wall.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, once to get a list. It is on my list. Curtains, especially for the recording booth. Yeah, because if there's not a T shirt taped to the window, because it's all black in there, right, if you're looking at black like or or at the microphone or whatever, then you turn to look out the window, it's like looking at the sun and the window faces north and then you look back onto the black foam and like the wallpads and stuff, you can't see anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So it's been a work in progress for sure, and we need some lights from behind us, on the on the wherever we are.
Speaker 2: We have lots of stuff coming up to be very we should talk about some magic stuff also. Yeah, so Boomborough, I actually opened one collector pack previous to recording now and I got a bunch of really cool stuff in it. Actually, So like this BBO for the boom Borough might be very exciting because my my luck is on the rise.
Speaker 1: Okay A single pack sample size is enough to judge an entire generation's worth of luck.
Speaker 2: On yes, Okay, Yes, So I opened some cool stuff, including a deck that I'm I want to build so bad. I want to build it so bad. Do you have any from the set that you're looking forward to to to? Oh?
Speaker 1: Is this is this how we're doing the hint for the Boosty back game?
Speaker 2: Yes? Because okay, actually yes, because I've actually seen a lot of chatter about people that want to build our card for this week. They and I personally don't know what I would do with it, just because of the It's the first thought I get in my head. It's lacking a color to do that as good as I think we'd want to, Okay, and so I'm not really sure what, but I know we're gonna get one of these. Somebody's gonna send us this deck and it's gonna be fricking dope.
Speaker 1: This is a hint. What color is this card missing that you think it ought to have?
Speaker 2: Black?
Speaker 1: Black? Oh? So it is not black?
Speaker 2: Yes? Okay, it has more than one color, maybe even more than two colors, but one of them is not black.
Speaker 1: Okay. I very much like this color combination, and people in the nation know that I like black. So what's the color combination that doesn't include black that I nay? Love what is it? Okay, you love this creature type?
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 1: Okay, So what's that card?
Speaker 2: That's probably enough I.
Speaker 1: Was gonna say. It also references another card system.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah that that'll Yeah, people are gonna get that for sure. Yeah, and I'm excited to talk about that one, just because like what the what the fuck? Right? Like, what what do we doing?
Speaker 1: Oh? This? This is it? And the card is good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a good card.
Speaker 1: Let us know what the card is. Get yourself entered in the comments below and actually going freaking comment because last week's like thirty six minute pre show or whatever it is didn't get as many comments as sometimes when it's like I don't know, just going comments.
Speaker 2: The point is is just guess a bunch of you go, a bunch of yeah, we've we've played this game before. Everybody wins when they play. You will if you play. That's how it for sure. So I'm into I guess I can just say which card is? Everybody knows that it's Glob's. That's the one that I want to build. I'm very excited to talk about Glarb. I'm very excited to build Glarb, and I'm a little bit upset that I can't put Helga into glob Ah because they're different colors, and I'm not we're probably maybe we'll talk. I guess we can talk about it now. Why the fuck aren't they the same color? I'm not sure, especially since they both interact on the same like axes with cards, and they both want you to do the same thing. But for some reason you can't play them in the same commander deck.
Speaker 1: Maybe they're maybe they're like setting us up, like this is the lead for all frog deck, frog deck, frog deck. Eh, and then they're gonna give us like four color legends again next year, and there's gonna be a four color Frog.
Speaker 2: That'd be cool. Yes, that'd be neat.
Speaker 1: Actually yeah, I hate trademark pat and penning a building the.
Speaker 2: Mail At this point, do you think four color commanders are even still? Like I don't want to say necessary, but does anybody really want them anymore? Like we've got we've got partners, Yeah, and we've got like maybe three color commanders with partner might be a thing. Then you can make your own four or five color deck. But like, we've only done four colors one time, and if you actually look at what those decks do, I don't know. Maybe in TRAXA they can do literally everything, even minus a color because the color. I don't say the color play is broken, but like all of the different colors have gotten enough of the tools we're minusing a color from a four color commander isn't a hindrance even.
Speaker 1: Yeah, really, I remember Watsy employees at some point in history, and I don't know if this is still true or not, but they were saying that four color commanders are hard to design because they're not sure whether they should be trying to fit in everything that the four colors do or making it do a thing that or like excluding something that the excluded color doesn't do, or or doing something that the excluded color does do right, Like it takes four colors to do what this other color does, or let's very much not include what this color does, or let's try and fit on everything that these four colors do do right, Like what's the strategy? What makes them feel unique? Interesting? Of course they're powerful because they're four mana commanders that cost four different colors of manna. That is a hard casting costs, so the power altitude is going to be there. But what makes them interesting and unique and this isn't Maybe it is a knock on Attracca because.
Speaker 2: She's not really that interesting.
Speaker 1: She just does everything she is powerful, because of course she is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but is she.
Speaker 1: That interesting or is it what people do around her because she's just generically powerful that makes her good? When was the last time? And we've done the Attractable and we've done Turbo tracks and this tracks and that track.
Speaker 2: That's tracks, like we've done Attracts ago, We've done like six attracts a days.
Speaker 1: They're all different, and they're and are any of them exciting or are any of them at this point clever? And when you sit down to play against Brea, are you surprised at all? Like if somebody start and it's and it's combo, Are you surprised when somebody has Yindris mailstream wonderer? Actually? Yeah, because not very many people actually play that deck.
Speaker 2: Nobody plays that deck anymre. What's the other one? What's the the the.
Speaker 1: The two guys uh Keo sent Tiro of militis.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the only one. Like I play in Attracca deck and at least at r E the H and M there's one attract A deck and it's mine and there's I think two of that them guys.
Speaker 1: I K and T. I think Steven plays a K and T deck and matt O plays K and T deck. And I only anytime, ever, ever, ever, I've ever seen K and T has been in in the ninety nine of Lands Decks.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: It's the only time I've ever seen it. So and that one I don't think is very powerful, because we have so many other things that let us play additional lands without also giving our opponent that benefit. And some of them are right here on three color, like little tiny three drop commander frogs, right like frogs either a bit you know what, they'll give us the five color frog. Yeah, give us the five color frog. I wouldn't even be mad. I would liken the five color frog, not to something like Golos or where it's just value five color or Kendrith value five color or oh they're just putting a five color outdated ability on it. So like to jerk off the fans that like that eats you, eats you? Or or what's what's the ally one? I don't general, Tazri, that's the one I would like in a five color Geez gets your shit together, I would like in a five color frog to a tog a dog. Yeah, it's just like, hey, this is the a tog to end all the dogs.
Speaker 2: A frog a frog. Yeah, you're welcome, Watsie, you are welcome.
Speaker 1: Or to really service the old guys like us, what if they gave us like frog a dog, then we could have the best of both worlds.
Speaker 2: Yes, we could have a frog.
Speaker 1: A tog deck.
Speaker 2: That would be cool.
Speaker 1: That would be cool.
Speaker 2: I would like that.
Speaker 1: Yes, Oh, the legend, the five colored legend would be all frogs and all a dogs count as frogs and a dog's that's it.
Speaker 2: That's it, that's it. That's that's what the card says. People would play. I would play that. I would so play that because the dogs are kind of fun and all of these frogs do something really neat. Yeah, so I mean they still have some value and be really good.
Speaker 1: Like it's echoing in my mind.
Speaker 2: So I've got one that I'm looking forward to building. I actually opened a glarb which is which is really really cool. The there's some stuff that I think are they're so damn good. And we're gonna talk about this tomorrow and a little bit more in depth in the bonus show with some of the squirrels. I think that they're very, very good. But you know what, no matter how good they are, they're not they're not breaking the glass ceiling. That is chatterfan man.
Speaker 1: I think I think the squirrel deck based on legends gets a huge upgrade based on some of these, like in terms of finishers, token production, and what parts of the deck that they can utilize more like graveyard and oh man, the squirrels I think out of like the squirrels and rabbits and gophers and whatever else we get. I think the squirrels get the most bang for the buck.
Speaker 2: I agree, and part of me is kind of come on, because they were the ones that needed the least help. Yeah, but they're the ones with the biggest following, right, and they're like fill They're filling the hole. Like you've ever had a deck that's got like one day you'll just you'll draw all your ramp and none of your giant stuff, and in the next game you draw all your giant stuff, but you can't play it. I feel like squirrels kind of had that where you nice fuck pardon, you make a ton of tokens and then we have anything to do with them where you have all the stuff that would make your tokens really great, but you don't have any tokens. And I feel like the squirrels that they've printed in these decks fill those holes. It allows you to make your squirrels good or make more squirrels, right, they do both the things that you want your deck to do, and it just fills in the holes to make what will eventually become the squirrel deck a little better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think to sum that up, like, imagine the last ten times you've played against squirrel decks. Think about how many times did you get infinited out in terms of getting attacked by like a ten trillion creatures or aristocrat kind of loop combo with squirrel tokens? Right, how many times has that happened? That all is available still with the best cards in the squirrel deck, But now we get a bunch of new Square World commanders where it's like, oh, exile cards from your graveyard to give all your squirrels plus one plus one. Oh just happen to do that? No, No, No, four or five or six times because you you're playing that whole squirreld deck that has all that manna and access to sacrificing tokens to get treasured like with pitiless plunder and stuff. Yeah, very I think the deck is We're gonna talk about it tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Yes, they're becoming very very good. Yeah. And the we're gonna we're gonna play a game also on the on the show tomorrow where I'm gonna try and get Ryan to guess a thing. Oh and he's going to say exactly what I want him to say. Okay, and then we're gonna laugh.
Speaker 1: We're gonna play another game where we we it's called party or bad guy? Are these cute little animals? Do they belong in a D and D adventure party? Or do they belong in a mercenary? What is it called from thunder junction? Villains? Bad guys?
Speaker 2: Cowboy hat?
Speaker 1: No, but what's the what's the word though? For warlocks and witches and bad guys? Outlaws? Are they? Are they adventurers or outlaws? Because it's basically all that Watts he does. Now, I think that those two mechanics, or those two kind of categories that they've put creatures in, has limited the usage of like occupational creature types.
Speaker 2: I can occur with you and adventurer and outlaw all a matter of perspective, because well, yeah, let's just say you're an adventurer. Let's say your cloud strife that little dickhead from Pokemon, Right, what do you do? You go into somebody's house and you root through their drawers and you open their treasure chests, and you speak with them while they're asleep, and you search their whole house and steal all their shit and leave.
Speaker 1: That sounds like a slasher flick.
Speaker 2: Actually to you, you're an adventurer collecting treasures, but to them, you just rob their fucking house. Matter of perspective, I suppose. And speaking of perspective, we have them on Legends and we're probably gonna do it tomorrow on the real actual episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah show, that's four point forty seven. Tune in wherever you listen to your podcast or right here on YouTube. Hit our theme song, Burber