Speaker 1: The sports page with The Orlando Sentinel and FM ninety six nine The Games, Mike the Bulldog Beyond You Jr. R.
Speaker 2: Bulldog Sports Page brought you by Orlando Harley Davidson Bike Week Underway Taco. You're gonna be out for some festivities at the Orlando Factory Store tomorrow, right. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The big party starts at noon, noon to five. There's gonna be a full bar, food trucks, obviously music. Oh and did I mention Battle of the Babes? Yeah? Bike wash for all you bikers in town. Welcome bikers everybody else. Don't we have a new phrase here. Don't just look twice, everybody, look four times for our bikers. I'll be out there starting at three to host that Battle of the Babes. Is that fighting? No, it's a bikini.
Speaker 2: I thought it was gonna be like wrestling or something.
Speaker 1: Maybe cap fighting.
Speaker 2: Right, all right, Hello Bulldog.
Speaker 3: Hello, Let's let's start with a little uh tribute to Gene Hackman, who passed away at the age of ninety five.
Speaker 2: Are you just finding this out today, Bulldog? This is like the biggest story yesterday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I know, but I don't think we talked about it on the sports page yesterday, and he is the star of the greatest sports movie of all time Hoosiers. He was coaching Norman Dale element good lord, gotta give him, you gotta give him credit for Bulldogs.
Speaker 2: And they're wondering if I'm just gonna let the Hoosier's greatest sports movie of all time comment fly unchallenged the goat of sports movie.
Speaker 1: What are you gonna throw out their slap shot? Huh?
Speaker 2: Well, you know, slap shot has its own marriage as a sports based comedy. But no, I uh, maybe id lean towards the Rocky movies.
Speaker 1: What about Rudy. Rudy's a good movie. Rudy was awful. It's a good movie.
Speaker 3: Good lord, I didn't even watch it, all right, p coaching Normandale? Okay, magic last night? What are you gonna do? It's hard for me to be mad at the Magic. Last night, they were up by seventeen. Steph Curry hits a shot past half court at the end of the first half that gave the Golden State Warriors momentum.
Speaker 1: Steph Curry was just unbelieved. You have fifty six last night.
Speaker 3: Fifty six points, including that fifty footer. He drilled to beat the halftime buzzer. I mean, everybody knows how great he is. Sixteen of twenty five from the floor, twelve of nineteen from three point range, third time in his career he's made twelve plus threes in a game. I mean, Palo Bankero had forty one points on his own. The Franz a Franz Wagner, he had twenty seven. The Actually, the Magic actually played well on the offense. They hit more than fifty percent of their shots, thirty nine percent from three point range. And I'm not saying a Magic fan shouldn't be disappointed that they lost, But hey, what are you gonna do when Steph goes off like that?
Speaker 2: Taco indicated earlier that he's made a decision with the yard sign.
Speaker 1: Hold on with the signs. You know why Steph played well, right, because he's Steph. Because he was at home. Remember he owns that home here, his mom's here. Yeah, that's right, so he did.
Speaker 3: He has often said that Orlando is one of his favorite places to play because there's usually a lot of Steph Curry.
Speaker 1: Fans in the arena. Uh huh yeah, the Magic signs.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: The listeners have spoken. I have to take the magic signs down out of the yard. You know what, I like leaving them to support our magic. But we left it in the listener's hands.
Speaker 3: Let's see what they do against Toronto. They have you know, they have games against Toronto. Those are games they should win. So maybe you should wait until after the weekends.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Hey, the other streak continues with the light headed in the right direction. Another win last night, dominating for free Zip. Yes, seven in a row. Now, wow, you know they're ripping them off left and right at the right time of the season, So good for them over Calgary.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, go Lightning.
Speaker 3: Go. Major news Tampa Bay Buccaneers reinstating John Gruden into the team's Ring of Honor. They announced that yesterday. John Gruden, of course, led the team to their first Super Bowl back in two thousand and one. The Bulldog was there by the way in San Diego. Yeah, but he got taken out of the Ring of honor after those emails leaked out when he was an announcer and you sent those racist, homophobics, misogynistic emails. They were private emails, but they got leaked out and he got taken out of the Ring of honor. And now he's back in Have.
Speaker 2: You watched any of his barstool sports stuff that he's been doing with those guys have not.
Speaker 3: It's good stuff, it's funny. So uh, he's back in the Ring of Honor. I just wish they would stop calling these things rings of honors. Like I said, when when the Gators are talking about putting urban Meyer in their Ring of Honor, is there really anything honorable honorable about urban Meyer?
Speaker 2: What do you would prefer just call him notables?
Speaker 3: How about just the Hall of Fame, the the the Tampa Bay Bucks Hall of Fame, or the Florida Gators.
Speaker 2: Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: Can we just do that?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 1: Why not ring of honor? You can do anything you want man rename the golf, adopt Canada, or take them in.
Speaker 3: Speaking of golf, do you see the speaking of the Gators, Billy Horsehall, the former Gator golfer who's on the PGA Tour. So they're playing down in South Floors. There was a gator on the course, a real alligator, huh. And he you know, it's it's sort of walking across the fairway and he takes his pitching wedge in sort of sit and it you know, retreats back into the water, and everybody's cheering Billy horse Ll making it out, making him out to be some sort of hero or something. I'm like, it was only like a two or three foot gator. I don't think he's poking a ten or twelve foot gator with a pitching wed uh huh.
Speaker 1: Do you see somebody in that tournament shot fifty nine yesterday? Absolutely?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Wow, I think that's only the I think that's only the It was Jake Knapp, by the way, I think that's only the fifteenth sub sixty round and PGA Tour history.
Speaker 1: Fifty nine club is what they call it? Well done?
Speaker 3: You would you would you poke a two or three foot gator to get him off the course?
Speaker 1: Two or three footer? I would. It's just it's not cool either. Just leave it alone.
Speaker 3: Well, he's sort of holding up, Okay, the proceeding I took. I took a fishing hook out of a like a two foot gat's tail one time. I certainly wouldn't have done that with a ten foot gator. I would just cut my life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to cut line on a two photo they got raisor sharp teeth.
Speaker 2: Hey, is this the is this the tournament that said PGA National Gardens. Yep, what they rename that? After the Honda bailed out on that? Did they get another title?
Speaker 1: Some long name. I saw it up there and almost didn't recognize that that was the tournament that was on. I can't find the name here. It's long, it's it's just a sponsor. Who care here?
Speaker 3: It is the Cognizant Classic, the Cognizant Classic.
Speaker 1: I don't even know what cognizant is. You're not cognizant. That's why sick burn.
Speaker 2: Wow, NASCAR Circuit of the Americas this weekend Sunday, the.
Speaker 3: Road racing and NASCAR. Yeah, Orlando City back on the pitch Saturday night at the Purple Palace. They'll be taken on Toronto. They need to get back, you know, get that defense short up. They lost four to two to Philly last week, so hopefully Orlando City can get it done this wee weekend. You got the combine. Guys gonna be watching any combine stuff? None of us, None of the stars are taking part in the combine.
Speaker 1: Why would you be watching it?
Speaker 2: Speaking of stars, I hear his TV alert going off there. It would be a glamour boy on the TV this morning. Mike the Bulldog Bionkey, host of Open Mic on AM seven forty FM ninety six to ninety game weekday mornings that Jason does, and he does the sports page here on j r R. Give us that weekend bulldog bite, bark bite, go for it, dog oh oh Jay r R.
Speaker 1: Reluctantly