Speaker 1: A different uniform, but still a good guy. The one and only Kyle Farmer is back at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 2: Great to see you and great to see a smile on your faith.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Thanks, glad to be here.
Speaker 3: It's I've had quite a few uniforms since I've last played here, so it's been good.
Speaker 1: But we've remained consistent. I come see you no matter who you're playing for.
Speaker 4: If you don't, I'll be really upset.
Speaker 2: Twins, Reds, Now Rockies.
Speaker 4: That's right. Yeah, I love Denver. It's great. It's been a lot of fun so far.
Speaker 2: What's been the key to your personal success to start the year.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's a good question.
Speaker 3: I may have swing changed a little bit this offseason, but honestly, I'm thirty four now and not sure how much longer I'm gonna be able to play. So I'm just kind of enjoying every moment right now and just kind of taking everything in and enjoin it.
Speaker 1: When you look at your journey, everybody talks about that. I know you're in the moment still and still excelling. But what do you appreciate the most about the road of your major league career?
Speaker 3: Oh? Man, just the patience that a lot of coaching stuff has had with me at different teams. I think you don't get to where you are without some help, and I've had a lot of good help on my way with the Dodgers, the Reds, the Twins, a lot of guys who have patience with me and has helped.
Speaker 4: Me out a lot.
Speaker 1: Speaking of the Dodgers, I'll never forget your greatest Dodger moment, a walk off hit against the San Francisco Giants on Sunday Night baseball. Your jersey got shredded that night. I still remember that. Do you still have the jersey?
Speaker 3: It's actually I think it's supposed to be here in Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 4: I believe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they took it from me, so I don't have it. It was drenched in red power aide. Quigue was giving me a good drag around the infield. Barnes was punched me in the gut, Woody was tackling.
Speaker 4: It was a lot of fun. I think it's still here. I think in like the it was like.
Speaker 3: The first walk off double one Dodger history since like eighteen hundred or something like that.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure we got to refine that jersey.
Speaker 4: Yeah, please find it and send me a picture.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'll get it for you directly.
Speaker 4: If you get it from me, I owe you a big one.
Speaker 2: That's where your roots started with the Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Who helped Kyle Farmer the most in the Dodger organization Travis.
Speaker 4: Barbary really yeah.
Speaker 3: He was our catching coordinator when I got drafted, and then you know it was Travis and probably Trammell Sledge as well. He was our double A hitting coach at the time in Tulsa.
Speaker 4: For my third year, and so I.
Speaker 3: Gotta give a lot of credit to Sledge. Well, God, there's another one, Bill Hasselman too. Bill Hassman was great. He had a lot of patience from me too.
Speaker 1: Even though you're not catching anymore, do you still see the game as a catcher?
Speaker 4: Would? Sure? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean I think once you become a catcher, you think of the game differently. And it opened my eyes to something I didn't know about in college and high school and stuff. And I'm very fortunate that I was able to go through that whole stage.
Speaker 1: One of the good guys, Kyle Farmer is joining us. Before first pitch at Dodgers Stadium, you mentioned Woody that's our guy, Alex Wood. Where's Alex Wood these days? Is he taking baby reveal pictures?
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 3: I think if you look on Instagram, he's been modeling quite a few times. So yeah, he's having his second baby. We're excited for him.
Speaker 4: I think he's just looking for his job.
Speaker 3: I miss what he loved. But he definitely looks good on the camera.
Speaker 2: You could actually validate this.
Speaker 1: He may not have the same talent as Clayton Kershaw, but do you feel like he's just as competitive as Kershaw?
Speaker 4: I think so yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean there's no one like Clayton but Woody. When he gets on that mound, he's very competitive and that's why he was good.
Speaker 4: For so long.
Speaker 1: You hear that Georgia twaying in his voice. He's been to many different teams. Do you sound like a Georgia guy? I am a Georgia Yeah. So what happened to your football team this year?
Speaker 4: We're not gonna talk about it.
Speaker 3: We had a little quarterback issue. Decided to go to Miami and do some other things. So hopefully we turn around this year.
Speaker 1: So it is the LLC of Kyle Farmer and Alex Wood. Now a big donor the nil donor to the Georgia Bulldogs.
Speaker 3: I love my bulldogs, but I will not be giving any money to a college student.
Speaker 1: Are you still having aspirations of being a broadcaster when you're done playing.
Speaker 3: I don't know what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna A lot of guys want me to manage. A lot of people want me to broadcast. I think i'd be a good manager. I think i'd also be a good broadcaster. So I think you gotta have a little Southern twaying on the broadcasts sometimes.
Speaker 1: Well that would be great either way, but just don't ask for anybody's phone number.
Speaker 2: You're a married man.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna That was an Atlanta brave guy too. We don't.
Speaker 4: We don't claim it.
Speaker 1: Hey, before I let you go. Jackie Robinson Day at Dodger Stadium. How special was it to be here for that?
Speaker 4: That was really cool? It was my second time doing it.
Speaker 3: I was here with the Reds uh when we did it, and then, Uh, it's really cool.
Speaker 4: I mean having Doc out there talking was was awesome.
Speaker 1: All Right, I'll let you go. I know, yeah, you're not in trouble. They don't know who you are.
Speaker 2: You're one of the good guys. That's right, don't forget it. Great to see you.
Speaker 4: Good to see you too. Thank you, guys.
Speaker 1: There he goes one of the good guys and best friend to Alex Wood. Kyle Farmer has been our guest, and he receives a pair of Canaan sunglasses. Canaan's lenses are clearer, lighter, and stronger than other lenses, and are nearly impossible to scratch. Visit canaan dot com for your pair today. Tim will send it back to you.