Speaker 1: George H. Dumb people doing really stupid things. Welcome to another edition of Idiotology. We Lynchin Taco one on one one w jr R.
Speaker 2: But your freaking idiots. All right, this hour is brought to you by Tom's Watch Bar. Taco Bob will be out tomorrow night again at Tom's on Off Eye Drive for a magic watch party.
Speaker 3: Yep, starting at seven o'clock. I'm gonna be there. It's a right off I Drive. As Lynch said, it's that big old building with the video wall around the side. Was there a couple of weeks ago. Tom's Watch Bar is great, great food, drinks, one hundred and fifty TVs. Not only a magic watch party. You know they're gonna have that hockey game on right US first, Canada.
Speaker 2: Yeah, four nations face off the final. If they don't, I'm gonna oh they will, they will. Oh yeah, well they're dialed in. Last time they had the Royal Rumble on. So come on out tomorrow night, starting at seven Tom's Watch Bar.
Speaker 3: I draft all.
Speaker 2: Right, I'm starting to get a little bit concerned about this trend.
Speaker 3: You're not scared, are you? Borderline? Now?
Speaker 2: I told you about this either last week or the week before, I believe in.
Speaker 3: Tech it Out the Tech News. What is it?
Speaker 2: This this asteroid that is projected to come incredibly close to Earth in twenty thirty two, just seven years from now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you did have that in tech it Out last week. What's wrong?
Speaker 2: This hole to do started back on the seventh when NASA said that this asteroid named twenty twenty four y R four has a chance of hitting Earth in seven years. The chance then on the seventh was one point two percent, then it went up to two point three percent. It has since been increased to two point six percent and now up again to three point one percent in the course of what two weeks.
Speaker 3: This is seven years from now. I saw something pop up after we were done with the show yesterday about it going. I didn't know it's at three So it's now up to three point one percent.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: To put this into perspective, this will not be a life ending, planet ending killing event. If it does strike, it's uh, it'll be big enough and intense enough to wipe out a really good sized city.
Speaker 3: It is supposed to be over I think maybe near California.
Speaker 2: No, they have no idea, no idea. It's seven years from now, either way, we.
Speaker 3: Have such technology. I said it during techt out last week. Shoot that son of a gun down.
Speaker 2: The estimated diameter is around one hundred and seventy seven feet. It's about as wide as the Leaning Tower of Pisa is tall.
Speaker 3: Okay, shoot it now, and then it's gonna, you know, break apart. We'll get bait, we'll get hail.
Speaker 2: Maybe five hundred times the energy that the atomic bombs had that we dropped on Japan, and that did a pretty pretty good.
Speaker 3: Number on Japan. Yeah, five hundred times out. I know, I know I'm getting that out of the head. Shot her down now.
Speaker 2: I would be lying and not very transparent if I didn't speak openly what I'm actually thinking, and I'm thinking some of you are thinking as well.
Speaker 3: Right now.
Speaker 2: There are probably some places on Earth you would if it has to hit.
Speaker 3: Hope it hits. I can think of it.
Speaker 2: I won't say any of them out loud, but a lot of us are on the same page with some of this stuff.
Speaker 3: Did you say places on Earth or places in the US Earth? Oh? God, yeah, take it out. I'm not gonna narrow myself down wherever the Taliban is. That'll prove to you that those people are bad with mother Nature, said the asteroid straight at him. Oh, somebody texted in if you can give my daughters a pal Aubrey and Emma little Rockers. I met him this past weekend. I know we don't do shout outs on the show. You just did. I know I did not. We don't do shout out. It's like happy birth there, happy anniversary to that expired? Expired expired? What does that mean? Are you checking out milk at the grocery store? You have ants calling you out? Damn. Somebody mentioned what I mentioned last week. Imagine the tsunami size of it hits the ocean. Oh yeah, cal bunga.
Speaker 2: Uh Caledonia Township, Michigan. Parents are a little bit upset after a daycare there was caught spraying kids sleeping mats with doctor Teal's sleep spray with melowtonin and essential oils.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Now, look at the last one there, there's okay.
Speaker 2: We've had this story before where you know you've and we've discussed if you worked at the daycare and and some daycare folks have on occasion used things like melatonin and the food to the Nike Well, I just mentioned nappy time, but uh, we don't. We don't condone it.
Speaker 3: No, no, and I do it probably be in charge of kids at a daycare.
Speaker 2: Retired pediatricians say that in all likelihood it's it's probably harmless unless the child has a condition like asthma or something. But again the bottom line is that's not the decision for a daycare worker to make as to weather or not too well dose the little ones before nap time.
Speaker 3: It's the parents' choice. Yes, if if they put it in fine print in the contract, pat, what do you say there? Like, Hey, welcome to. I don't want to say a name because the place probably exists, but welcome to. You know it happened at Adventures Learning Center. Welcome to Adventures Learning Center. Please enter your child's name, this, that, and the other, keep them here and then fine print Melotona mats.
Speaker 2: Doctor Teals sleep spray. Now, I know there's all sorts of stuff being slept these days to make you sleep, or it's just I haven't heard of the spray. What do you do do you spray?
Speaker 3: I've heard of doctor Teal's in the company, but not it's not that spray.
Speaker 2: Anybody use the spray? Sta what you sprayed on your sheets, your pillow?
Speaker 3: What if they're spraying it on the mats I'm guessing yeah, probably on your pillow. Oh set up a gun, making me google it? Hold on, doctor teals? What is it? Sleep spray? Doctor teals? Sleep spray? It has melatonin and essential oils. How to use? Why wouldn't you? Oh yeah, because it's somebody else's kids, all right?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: Pat? Four different ways to enhance your sleep routine. In the shower, on the body, on pillows and bedding, yes, ding ding, ding ding ding in your bedroom. Just I don'll pop a melotonin tablet every now and then. I've never done that.
Speaker 2: Whacked out dreams man for me? Not not not ambient level, not ambient level at all, but uh.
Speaker 3: Twelve twelver level melotonin. No takes fact. No drunk dreams are because that's not good sleep. When you got to.
Speaker 2: Sleep, Melotonin gives you a good deep asleep on the melotonin.
Speaker 3: Do you have trouble getting up the next time? No, that's why I haven't taken it. No, No you don't. I don't know, but you know, is there a timeline that you say? Oh, they tell you on the thing. You need to allow at least seven to eight hours sleep if you're gonna be popping. Okay, see, I don know. I've never never seen it, never done it. I know like some people that have done it in the past, but I have never asked her. Now I've never snorted it. I would could probably i'd hit Quaker with everything.
Speaker 2: All right, you want to hear about this restaurant. It's getting all sorts of backlash from their neighbors.
Speaker 3: This is in the.
Speaker 2: Center City portion of Philadelphia. I guess it's kind of a trendy area in Philly. Okay, the restaurant is called Chubby Chicks. Man, come on, that's not well the owners are chubby Chicks.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, Well then it's styled in that's cool.
Speaker 2: And it's mainly a breakfast brunch joint that does karaoke as well.
Speaker 3: Wait, a breakfast place that does carry Yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: Kind of a weird situation. I guess the neighbors just don't think this whole vibe fits in with what's there in the area.
Speaker 3: Already. We want cheese steaks, and we want cheese steaks only come on, we just want a Super Bowl I do not have a Philly accent. When you tease this boy. First back to chubby chicks. Backs to chubby chicks. I thought, maybe a serving chicken. But no, it's a couple chubby ladies running at fine just serving mount of food. Yeah, have a good time with life. You only have one who cares. I thought when you first tease this story, pat about it right, neighbors have problems with a new restaurant. I thought maybe it was a Chinese place, you know, because there's a couple things that are distinct in the smell time. One of them is Chinese restaurant in a shopping center. Am I right? Sure? What's the other? Living near publics? In the chicken vent? Big, big, big meg meg I have at our publics. We have publics, so you smell the chicken, and then we have a Chinese place. Do you smell that? There's a taco joint that you can't really smell tacos from the distance, but I start sometimes drooling.
Speaker 2: So y'all, if you're newer to the show, we are convinced that each publics does have a dedicated chicken vent that points strategically to the bulk of the parking lot to sort of subliminally suggest you get some fried chicken when you enter, and.
Speaker 3: It usually works. It does at least frost too.
Speaker 2: Not that we're trying to break into a fried chicken round table or anything that hold on to that, because there may still be hope in the final idiotology. Next hour
Speaker 3: R R, Orlando's rock station,