Speaker 1: Good evening, Hugo, evening. We're back with the fire Escape. That's not the actual name rhymes with the evening. Why did you change it? I'm no, it doesn't no way, good evening, hugo.
Speaker 2: Oh that's what you said, weavening.
Speaker 1: You could have just end weaving nor No, I do actual rhymes. I'm not lazy, no low hanging fruit. I'm your host as always. Michael Maharty here with Dan Riker.
Speaker 2: Yes that's me.
Speaker 1: I and Mary Kish I'm also here. Uh well, one of these days I'll get it without you interrupting Dan. But until until the.
Speaker 2: Discover a better there's got to be a better interest.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I'm sorry. Hi everyone, welcome back to our podcast about video games.
Speaker 2: This is worse.
Speaker 1: What do you do a good one?
Speaker 2: I don't do interest because I had's too much pressure. I don't like the host podcast. I just respond to things on them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's way more fun to not host, like yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Just kind of sit there and respond to stuff.
Speaker 1: It's great for those days when I went on the Beast Cast and Vinnie did all the heavy lifting.
Speaker 2: Oh god, Vinnie was real good of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I was really good.
Speaker 2: But Vinnie rest in peace.
Speaker 1: Dan, you're looking super tan. No not no, it's my segue into Ruba.
Speaker 3: And we all know that Dan goes to tan his buns off.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Actually I did lay around outside. I went to the went to the Flamingo Island. I don't know if you know about that in a Ruba it's just.
Speaker 1: Like shaped like a.
Speaker 2: Flamingo's running around everywhere. It's great.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 2: I just lay in a beach chair for like five hours and flamingos running around and drinking cocktails. It was great.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was just uh for the Minnesota winters. Obviously, they get real rough, and typically like February is about the worst time because it's just like it's been long enough that you're so fucking ready for it to be over, but there's still a good amount left and you're in like the deep freeze part of it. So I think Bonk and I decided we want to start, like you know, frequently doing like a Ruba trips, like maybe every year.
Speaker 3: In February May Aruba. Why not, like just because you know a lot of birds fly south for winter, but you guys are specifically choosing Aruba.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we went in twenty twenty two and maybe we were, so we just want to go someplace warm, you know, And we found this and heard a lot of people saying great things about it, and we loved it so much that we're like, well, we could try different ones. We could try Dominican Republic or Jamaica or Bermuda or whatever, but we fucking love Aruba. So I think we're just going to keep doing that. And this was even better in the first time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I been into a Ruba twice. It's but as a child.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's probably different than how we spent it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, back in the day when my dad worked at it doesn't really matter, but I probably probably Procter and Gamble. This was back in the day when sales guys used to get crazy kickbacks and the government just looked the other way. And one of the I feel like I can tell the story now because he's retired. I don't think they'll come for him.
Speaker 1: I think there's a statute of limitations on stuff like that.
Speaker 3: For the record, So he murdered a guy. I think I think that back then, if you sold enough, they would be like, and you win a trip to Aruba with the family of four, a major award, And so he won it two years once. I was like probably seven, so I have like no memories of this trip. But I went to Arubo with my dad on like a business trip, and they told me when I was much older, He's like, just so you know, those were free work trips, didn't pay a dime. Like that's so sick, but also like kind of crazy that you're allowed to do that as an old you know, like as a as a working salary man.
Speaker 1: God, I missed the eighties. Those you could do you.
Speaker 3: Could wait with all sorts of crazy shit back.
Speaker 1: Then, back then, before before the country realized how much damage it was doing to itself economically. I don't know enough about the eighties to talk intelligently about it. I wasn't even alive during the eighties, but I feel like I want to fit in in the eighties.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, eighties, dude, don't you like you just look like someone.
Speaker 1: Finally someone said it. Been going for that for like years now.
Speaker 2: No, I've been thinking it. I didn't say it, but yeah.
Speaker 3: New York City stockbroker from the eighties with acts to grind and you know, just a pension for fucking like just ready to go at any minute.
Speaker 1: Company card ready to fucking slam down on some sick bordos.
Speaker 3: Looking for a man in finance. Yeah, I think that's fine.
Speaker 1: But now, uh no, I was speaking of eighties. I watched We watched mcgroober again recently and Roadhouse literally it's safe.
Speaker 2: God bless you, God bless you. Yeah. You texted me that while I was in the Rooby I think, and I was like, yeah, you're You're my favorite couple. That's the greatest thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had a couple. We had a week, quite a week, so like, let's watch I don't want to watch, like I think we intended to watch a few more movies we hadn't caught up on from twenty twenty five, like what about like not Train Dreams, but like not that vibe. We're like, let's do mcgroober.
Speaker 3: I don't want to cry tonight, honey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that got us in the mood for Roadhouse the original. I have not seen the Jake Jillen Hall want.
Speaker 2: You can skip it. It's it's not it's not a nightmare or anything, but it's not worth it. There's no reason to watch when you could just watch the first one again.
Speaker 1: So awesome.
Speaker 2: We we watched something right before Ruba. That wound up being funny because, uh I going into a Ruba, it was like, all right, it's so cold. It's February, and I was kind of stressing because it's like I got a couple of bargoed games that it's like, oh man, I don't know if I'm gonna be able to play enough before I go on vacation. I want to be able to record this quick. Look, I want to do this. It was Mario Tennis. It was embargoed at the time, and I watched. If I had legs, i'd kick you. I don't know if you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, oh yeah, I've seen it. It's I'm interested what you think. I have an opinion about it.
Speaker 2: I loved it. It was like uncut gems for like stressed moms. So but it was basically it's like the short version is it's like Rosebyrne is a woman. Uh I forget where they say where she lived or whatever, but anyway, she's got a daughter that's like got a horrible eating her stomach situation, has a tube in her stomach, and her husband's like a cruise ship pilot, so he's out for like a week. She's going through all these nightmares at work. This kid is unhealthy. Like it's just like it's like Uncut Gems levels of stress and insane stuff she's dealing with for a week. And I watched that and it really kind of reframed my complaints of like it's kind of cold and I don't know if I'm going to have time to play Mario tennis before I go to a Ruba.
Speaker 3: You don't need to watch a horrible person existence to know that you are the most privileged boy.
Speaker 2: This is a stark reminder of like, okay, this isn't maybe stress is a relative term.
Speaker 1: You know, don't yet I'm so whoed.
Speaker 2: Grow up.
Speaker 3: It's a it's a miserable film. I did not care for it, and I think it's I think it's a masterclass in storytelling. I think it's well done. She's she's an excellent actress. My complaints are not about the direction, the story, the acting, all of that phenomenal. My problem is is I don't want to watch the saddest woman in existence for two and a half hours slowly, like want to die. It's a really hard watch. And like Uncut Gems is not that it is just like what's gonna happen next. Oh my god, he's gonna get caught. Oh my gosh, that girls like trying to have sex with him. Oh my god, he's gambling too much. All of this is like exciting hers. It's just like, Gem, God, this woman can't even drink a bottle of wine. Her daughter's dying right in front of her, and she's like wasting away.
Speaker 2: It's trying drugs on the dark web with her like apartment neighbors.
Speaker 3: Miserable.
Speaker 1: That sounds it told me.
Speaker 2: It is, like, yeah, I guess I'm cut. Gems is like a movie movie with like you know, big, larger than life characters, and this is just like, oh, realistic problems that people can very realistically go through. You're just watching. It happens to people.
Speaker 3: Every day, and like a shit, it's like shit, healthcare system.
Speaker 1: Shit.
Speaker 3: She like can't get like someone to fix a fucking hole in her house, so she can't live there, so she's staying in a shitty hotel and like no one will fix it. And it's just this miserable story.
Speaker 2: But O'Brien is your therapist.
Speaker 3: He's not funny at all, not at all, And that shit pissed off because she opens the door. She's upset, she's crying about her shitty life on a couch and she's got a therapist and the camera slowly pans up and it's Conan O'Brien and I literally went yay, he's probably gonna do something wacky and absolutely plays a straight, straight laced, no funny, no sas guy the entire time. Not one joke out of this man.
Speaker 1: It is hilarious.
Speaker 2: It's ronny, so it's like the Weirdestrien.
Speaker 3: Not funny. It's a very serious film. I cannot understate this. It's a serious tone film. And every scene with him, he's like, you got to get out of here. You can't handle this right now. And it's just like, where the fuck are you to take a serious role with that face?
Speaker 2: Jeez, wow, he is a clown.
Speaker 3: We know this. He was ridiculous. The joke when he takes photos is people are like, man, I didn't even know lesbian could do that, Like he just looks like redheaded lesbian. He does not do the scissor cut mood. He doesn't do any of his he doesn't do any of his signature lines. It is it is ripping me from my awareness of what I thought of, like there was just no comedic relief what at.
Speaker 2: The end though, it's it's a great thing, like, man, we have kids. That seems great.
Speaker 3: Fucking nuts so that I can't believe it. I think it's interesting that we have such different.
Speaker 1: Getting a dog.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's just like a window into like I think I enjoy is a weird word, I guess, but it was like it was it's just like an eye open and thing of like, oh man, I bet some.
Speaker 1: Lives are really like that's it.
Speaker 2: How do people do that? You know, Like she's dealing with a fucking lot in that movie, and it's like it didn't win at the end of it. It's like I kept waiting for it to go into horror or something crazy, and it's like, wait no, that's just actually just her life's horrific. Is an extremely stressful life, and it's very really.
Speaker 3: Really it's a really difficult life. I will say. I will also like acknowledge I think it's a worthy watch. And we often like we glamorize stressful films, you know, uh as like wow, what a crazy ride? This one is not that. I think it's just meant to be a stark reality of how tough life can be, especially for like caregivers. But god, I would never watch it again.
Speaker 2: No, I bonk and I agreed on that too, or so we both enjoyed it, but it's like, and we would recommend it to people, but I cannot imagine being like I'm at the mood to watch if I had legs tonight. You like, yeah, it's like that's a one Q we am.
Speaker 3: For a dream if it just focused on one sad fucker for the whole time.
Speaker 1: Yes, and no double sided dildo, which is like, no.
Speaker 2: Conan goes to town.
Speaker 3: All right, now that's funny. I'm back in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Wow, I can stretch that wide. It's my first time I ever tried Conan O.
Speaker 2: Mike, Mike. I promised Mary I'd keep this part short here and for the viewers, promised that we're gonna do lightning round style here. Okay. I thought of you a lot when I went to this place called it's my favorite restaurant. They're called Two Fools in a BOWLT And it's a prefixed type thing where it's like like, you know, fifteen people can get in a night and it's this hours long thing where there's courses and they take you out and during a campaign and it's just like a hole. It's your whole night basically, and you can do the reserve wine pairing, which is like the super nice wines apparently as they sold it to us. But the whole time I'm thinking, like I got to hear what Maharty has to say about. Okay, so I'm going to list some of the wines I tasted. I forget what I paired it with, and you just give me a one sentence rundown.
Speaker 1: All right, Okay, Okay, Yeah, there's a chance I don't even know where some of them are from, but I'll do my best.
Speaker 2: Well, you're gonna look like a horse's ass if that's the case. Test test seller selection dom Perion Champagne twenty twelve.
Speaker 1: Oh, don Perion, that's a good champagne. Yeah, okay, it's yeah, it's always very very solid champagne. Is it a good year twenty twelve? You said, yeah, I believe it was a cooler year, probably higher like lifted laser acid as opposed to rich Jesus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow, okay. Casanova Danieri, Brunello di Montalcino Carolato, Tuscany twenty fifteen. Brunello Brunelo.
Speaker 3: Wait, that was one wine.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm looking at on this mirror. Ready, h first the first two words, Casanova Danari, Brunello.
Speaker 1: Casanova Denar. Yeah, Brunello's Southern Tuscany. It's like lower elevation sangives a full bodied probably oh literally has to spend has to spend five years aging before they even release it to the public.
Speaker 2: Okay, Baron, I have a reserved Napa Valley twenty seventeen cats.
Speaker 1: Oh, Katy, I've never had that. I've had their sparkling. They're more famous for their sparkling or no, no, no, I'm sorry, that's uh. I'm thinking of Shamsburg. Yeah, Baringer, it's a classic Napa cab Tomahawk rock. That's also Napa.
Speaker 3: I isn't that dumb?
Speaker 1: Napa?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ron Diamond Selection Napa Valley twenty seventeen.
Speaker 1: Oh god, they really went hard on Napa after the first one. Oh wow, Okay, so that's what porn Three Palms Vineyard, Okay, Napa Valley on like all these if you had a glass of opus one, that's that's good. One of the like the o G First Growth Bordeaux Houses started it with Robert Mundavi to make wines over here.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's good though, so are these?
Speaker 2: So? Are these good? Were these good? Are they blown smoke?
Speaker 1: Okay no, no, no, it's it's a very very if like if if it sounds like you got your money's worth, there's no crazy, Well yeah, that's very true. I guess it was.
Speaker 2: I mean it was very for all those and like it's like.
Speaker 1: Are all pricey wines for the most part if you were to get them by the bottle, So I'm sure like I'm probably a three ounce or something that that sounds like a great list, yes, okay, no surprises, but like that's not I don't think that's what most people that are looking for. It's a it's a good list, Okay, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I like I like the prefix thing. That is the first place I've done that at and I really liked it a lot.
Speaker 3: Play fixes too, because I like the idea that I don't have to make a decision. I like the idea that, like a chef somewhere is like, this is what you want and you'll like it, And I'm like, yes, sir, yeah.
Speaker 2: You would never order it, but I like, yeah, stuff you would never order off a menu, and one if it was like salmon cheesecake or something or something weird like that, and I was like, I would never fucking order that off a menu. But it's like you just put your trust and then it's like, Okay, these people are really good at what they do, and then you eat it's like, yep, I never would have ordered that, but that was incredible. I've never tasted anything like that in my life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's yeah, some of my favorite places. And I was just I was just talking to someone who's going to Dublin in the beginning of April, and I was like, oh, I have a couple of recommenations if you need them, and we were on a work call with them and they're like, no, yeah, immediately I would love some. And it was funny because I think I had two of my favorite meals in a long long time back to back nights in Dublin. The first one was Delear Street. It was a Michelin star restaurant. It's wine pairing. It was a prefeed like everything you were just talking about really good wines, like knowledgeable somi a staff. It was awesome. It was great, but it was very much like sit at the chef's counter watch them make this stuff. They'll tell you all about it. The next night, I had what I think is still my favorite meal I've ever had in my life, and it was at this pub called spiden Now it was at this pub called Spidal Fields in Dublin as well, just down the road from Delar Street. And we got the kakaaliki pie I think I talked about it before, and the beef cheek and oxtail stuffed rolls basically Parker House rolls stuffed with red meat and just like baked. And then of course I had a few guinnesses and it was one of the best meals of my life.
Speaker 2: The gimmick that all of their food sounds dirty and the stuff and chy. Yeah, shut the sausage in the rolls and I'll take one kkaiki please.
Speaker 1: I was horny when I got home. A manage and see it coming.
Speaker 4: Kill.
Speaker 1: She can hear me right now. It was really good.
Speaker 3: You can hear off Mike going.
Speaker 2: Door, shut feet going downstairs, car tires peeling out.
Speaker 1: I get serve papers from somebody. Those waits, Oh yeah, does sound like a good wine list, Dan and Uh, I'm looking forward to Uh. I've got some travel coming up. It's pretty hectic schedule, but it's generally to places where I know to be good food. I'm looking forward to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm I'm going to Brazil for the first time in April, and so if anyone listening has Brazil recommendations, let me know. I'll be going there solo. Is it for BGS? Game's gone lam?
Speaker 1: Oh gotcha?
Speaker 2: Yep, yep, and go check that out.
Speaker 1: And there's red meat in Brazil. Do a lot of vegetables.
Speaker 2: That's a shame. Yeah, yeah, I remember the Brazilian steakhous we went to and there's just no meat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no meat.
Speaker 1: And like shish kababs with specifically much Yeah, you're gonna come back.
Speaker 3: Brazilian steakhouse? Really what it is? Or is it like going to outback steakhouse where it's like we just decorated this as if it is Australia.
Speaker 1: Like as much as I love that, like much as I love fog at the show, I don't think it's indicative of Brazil proper.
Speaker 2: It's just it's good though.
Speaker 1: Oh I'll crush it. I love it, But like yeah.
Speaker 2: I never liked that argument. It was taco bell is not real Mexican. I fucking know, are you kidding me? Like taco Bell, I don't think it's authentic.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't. I didn't like wake up like those nights or those days during GDC in the past and say I would love an authentic Brazilian experience, And I am like, I just want to go somewhere where they have a giant hunk of meat they're gonna shave on my plate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bring a sort of meat and say tell us when you're done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, I think it is kind of the outback of Brazil.
Speaker 3: And you walk around if you have a little green shirt on, people just keep feeding you while you're walking around. You to change into your red shirt so that they leave you alone.
Speaker 2: I like the idea of doing it that way.
Speaker 1: Is that a thing they do? You have the coaster thing?
Speaker 2: The coaster for lipping it over, Like, is like I stop throwing well.
Speaker 3: Mike, who's uncultured? Now?
Speaker 1: You put on.
Speaker 2: That would be great for the actual walking down the street experience in Brazil. I get it. Yes, Yes, it's hot, it'll cald you, it's dangerous.
Speaker 1: Just dodging me story in my life.
Speaker 3: I feel like we all have a lot of travel coming up. I'm okay for a little bit, but uh, I think it's going to pick up in March because I think there is a packs No, yeah right.
Speaker 2: I'll be there, Yes, Tex East Boston. Yes, yeah, one near anniversary of a GB going independent.
Speaker 3: That's a big deal for you, isn't it? Going back? Because that was very stressful speaking of uncut gems, every Giant Bomb member at Pasia's last year was like watching someone having a heart attack. They were all on their phones all the time. Everyone was sweaty and upset, and it.
Speaker 2: Was doing like docu signs that day.
Speaker 3: It was a crazy experience. Nobody really knew if it was going to be okay or not. That was the truth.
Speaker 2: Fucking every single person. They're understandably sees you walking on the show floor and they're coming up with like condolences because there was some negative Giant Bomb news in just the days prior. Hey, really, sorry, what's going on. I just had to be like, ah, hey, come to the panel, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're like trying to work on your cry face when you're smiling. Yeah, it is hard. Mike, are you crying or laughing? Are you where's sad?
Speaker 1: Wouldn't you like to know day he's worried?
Speaker 2: Actually it'd be great.
Speaker 1: I cry morning in the shower, and she tends to get worried like that. I don't.
Speaker 2: I'm just trying to wonder if Boss is an asshole my cat, because I know I think he's not an asshole. I think he's just shy. But like you know, we go to Aruba and the hotel had these cats that just like walk around, you know, they're just like hotel cats, and they just kind of like go outside like the pool area, they walk around, they just sleep in chairs. They're super chill, and like you can just walk by him, they'll start yelling at you and like lay down and like you know, taking pets and stuff like that. And Boss is so like stand offish, and we'll just kind of like, oh, if he's in the mood, yeah, you can maybe come up and pet him for a little bit, but he'll probably run away. If we have guests over, he's always hiding ountder the bed and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: If you look at Boss, he usually like stoffs and walks away.
Speaker 1: He was he was giving it up for me when I was there. But yeah, I think a lot of those cats, I will say, are also probably friendly with people because people feed them. Oh but yeah, I mean like we've been to several places in like Santimillion and uh where else have we been where the cats are extremely friendly? Yeah, just generally those very old quiet towns in France where nothing crazy has happened for hundreds of years. If that, I think they're just it's a common place where people feed them. They kind of just live out. It's pretty temperate weather all year, so they don't have to worry about a lot of stress really fending for their lives.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, there are roosters running around too, And you know you're growing up watching cartoons and stuff, you think they they do the cock of doodle do once when the sun rises and then that's it for the day. Turns out just all fucking day cocka doodle do in the day away and looking it up and it's just like, oh yeah, it's not a stirting dominance. So there's just this one fucking rooster walking around the hotel every day.
Speaker 3: Am.
Speaker 1: He's like a church bells. I liked in Key West as well. I'll be back in Key West in a few weeks, which I'm excited for because I like it down there. But yeah, no, there's there's just like a fucking herd of them that walk around outside screaming first thing in the morning, but then yeah, by like three pm it usually trails off to one or two of them that are still horny or whatever they're doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a horny dominance thing. Yeah, there's just like roving packs of dogs too, which, like you know, we would walk we were kind of staying in like a central island area, but you could walk to the downtown. It's like a twenty minute walk and it's like everything room is a very safe island. But it's like I did, it could be paused a couple times where it's like, oh, there's just a pack of six or seven not small dogs and they are barking and running up to people and stuff like God, are we just gonna get mauled by dogs?
Speaker 1: And this like relaxing vacation that that would be terrible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, like it's that. I wonder should I have been scared by that? It seemed it seemed like a scary situation.
Speaker 3: It's it is like a slight risk. I will always like as a dog lover, will always be like no, but like dogs have no owner like.
Speaker 1: That in collars, feral pups some of them.
Speaker 3: Some of them are probably like just random running around pups.
Speaker 2: Some they had collars though, but yeah, they were just running around.
Speaker 3: You can take a little snip of you, so you have to have a little caution with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure they might not be up to date with their shots.
Speaker 3: I bet you. There's an app on your phone that has like the whistle tone that dogs don't like, and you could probably play it on your phone in case you get scared and they'd get like they'd run away.
Speaker 1: It has the adverse effect that just pisses them off and they moll you more quickly.
Speaker 2: No, it just makes them super horny.
Speaker 3: It's just an app that goes here.
Speaker 1: Boy, I would pay so much money to watch a horny pack of dogs just chase Dan around a room buff.
Speaker 2: For an sprinting and sweating with dogs chasing me.
Speaker 1: Of home alone.
Speaker 2: No, that didn't happen like that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, Mary, what have you been up to?
Speaker 3: I've been working a lot on some work trips that we have coming up. I wish I like I think I went out to dinner too, and I think of like if I had any cool stories of fancy things that I've done, but I haven't really traveled. But I did go to a Thai restaurant and I was excited because it feels like it's like one of those more authentic, like really nice Thai restaurants. And they had they had like a what do you call it? They had an alcoholic drink and it was called a Roselle slushy and I was like, oh, that sounds good, like a slushy that tastes like rose rose or something. Anyway, I got it and it didn't taste like rose at all. And so I always get nervous doing this because I don't want to ever complain. But I was like, maybe this is somebody else his drink because it doesn't taste like rose at all. And so I flagged down the waiter and I said, hey, I'm so sorry. I just want to make sure that this is supposed to be my drink because I ordered the Roselle and it's pretty fruity. And he said he leaned in he goes, Roselle is tie for hibiscus, and then he walked away, and I went, oh, I'm a dumb shit, and I.
Speaker 1: Like white white Godzilla strikes again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I had like my little straw and I was like, oh, it was very good. But I realized, like, I don't know anything about this place, and I need to stop complaining or asking questions. I wasn't trying to complain, but obviously it came across like I was.
Speaker 1: And you're only gonna call it roselle from now on when you get hibs.
Speaker 3: I think the next time somebody has a drink that has hibiscus in it, I'm going to lean in and go in tie it's called roselle, and I'm gonna sound really smart.
Speaker 2: And you should complain to the waiter when it's called hibiscus that it doesn't taste rose.
Speaker 3: They're going to turn around and it's gonna be that same waiter. He's gonna be like, you, stupid, ignorant lady.
Speaker 1: I remember that game came out on Switch and everybody was correct in each one another is like, it's could pronounce grease. It's Spanish for gray.
Speaker 2: I do remember that.
Speaker 1: Ye remember that was happening. One specific person did it. It wasn't actually multiple people.
Speaker 3: I remember when I had my trip to Bartholona.
Speaker 1: Living in Bartholona, I said my third my third stag and Ibitha. It was wonderful. Had some had some cores, lattes, had some VODs. But yeah, no, it's uh. I'm I'm going back to places I've been. I'm doing Stockholm, Paris, Key West is for leisure, and then there's one more, oh l A.
Speaker 3: So are they all connected or do you go home?
Speaker 1: Key West and Paris are connected, but the other two are breaks in between. I'm excited for the breaks. Yeah, I'm looking forward to Stockholm again. I think we have a few listeners in Stockholm. I liked it a lot. I went there like almost exactly two years ago and loved it even this time of year.
Speaker 3: It's been a minute. My dad got me a cool gift. He got me a cork board globe with pins so that I could put pins in all of the places that I visited. I thought it was actually quite thoughtful, and I spent last night putting pins in different different countries and different cities that I've visited. I'll go downstairs and get if you guys want to see, because actually think it's a cool shot.
Speaker 2: I think that's really cool. I think I'm going to buy one because I've always loved globes and maps and everything, and that's a fun kind of like personalization on that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's very personal to put the pin in. But I also recognized I was testing myself a little bit because anytime I was like, oh, yeah, I'd been to Majorca, I was like, where the fuck is that? I'm like looking for it because it's an island, it's very small, and I was like, I don't know where this is. And I was like embarrassing myself, said like having get my like Google map out to be like, where are all these places that I've traveled to? It's I can put my little pin in them and and be proud of it.
Speaker 2: I like that, I'm gonna buy one tonight. That sounds great.
Speaker 3: Oh that's cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I thought it was a neat gift, but I will. I think it is a stark reminder that my geography is not good. I have put all of my points and other things I have put them into, uh, you know, leisurely chats with the friends and bowling and gaming and all of these others. Being an excellent person on planes Oh my god, I'm so good on a plane, but I cannot remember specifically where cities are in a country ever. And so someone was like, you were in can I'd be like yes, They'd be like, now where is that, and I'd be like south, And that's it. That's all I can tell you.
Speaker 2: I wonder if, like, cause, like there are certain things like with memory and things like that that I'm extremely good at, like spelling we've talked about for and like I also like with states and state outlines and even like you know, remembering capitals and stuff like that. It's been a while since I thought of that, but like, you know, I could easily if I could draw a map of the US and get all the states exactly right as far as like where they are and everything, so like that. I don't know if that's just like a photographic memory thing, because like remembering details of things or like have me describe the events of a movie I saw two weeks ago, and I probably won't be able to remember, but I could draw the map pretty accurately right now. I think that's a word.
Speaker 3: You know, It's a great skill to have, and I'm a little embarrassed that even when I was doing the United States. I was like, well, I've been to Detroit, and I know Michigan it looks like a glove. But then I was like, where's Detroit? And I like had to think about it, and like, I it's embarrassing that I don't remember specifically where Detroit is in Michigan on a map. I didn't know exactly where Chicago was in Illinois, you know what I mean? Like I knew which state it was, but I couldn't remember where in the state it was. Do you think you could do that without looking it up.
Speaker 1: The city stuff?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think most big ones. I mean definitely all the state placements, but I think most cities.
Speaker 3: Detroit on the the glove.
Speaker 2: Detro it's on the west part of the gloved borders the one of the Great Lakes that Erie or is that Detrot's like on the lake right, the Great Lake.
Speaker 1: When you say left, you mean the Upper Peninsula west?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: No, yeah, no, on the on the Mitten. It's on the Mitten.
Speaker 1: It's on the Yeah, it's on the main.
Speaker 2: It's on the west side of the Mitten right like kind of lower lower West.
Speaker 1: It's on Lake Michigan, isn't it.
Speaker 2: That would makes sense. Yeah, am I totally off?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think you're right. It's on or is it it's it's definitely on the lower peninsula, but I'm trying to remember if it's west or east west side.
Speaker 2: There's like big ones that you know California obviously, like San Francisco is up there, La is down there, and you got San Diego further down by the Mexico border.
Speaker 3: Do you want to know Detroit it's on the thumb.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, lower west, Yeah, the tracks right, No, it's lower east the east this way it's closer to like.
Speaker 2: The video listeners are getting a trade right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's also not even Oh, it's more on Lake Huron.
Speaker 3: I know, I see. And I was like, uh, my family is from Niagara Falls or the Buffalo area, and I've been to Niagara Falls more times as a child, like that was where we went. And I was like, now where are these? Where is this? And I was like, that's embarrassing. You should know exactly where Buffalo is. You fucking grew up there, like what you been there?
Speaker 1: That would be like, yeah, Detroit, is it not on Lake Michigan whatsoever? It's on part of Lake Erie Lake Saint Clair.
Speaker 2: With Chicago on Lake Michigan. Like the actual like placement of the Great Lakes and whether Heuron Erie, Michigan.
Speaker 1: Ontario and Superior, Okay and lakes is so misleading. Have you guys ever like spent time on them.
Speaker 2: Like you see the other side.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's what was the I was looking at a stat it was like, mathematically, if you took every single person on Earth and put them shoulder to shoulder in Lake Superior, you still would not fill.
Speaker 2: It' that's not like you got to come up with a new word for that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's many ocean.
Speaker 2: There's ocean, there's sea. I think that's the sea is basically many ocean, right, and then you got to just call the Great Lakes the Great seas. Yeah, they're probably bigger than most seas, right.
Speaker 1: That weaves, they're bigger than many seas. Yeah, for sure, they're huge. They're also it's not the if you're looking at like most world maps, what determines what.
Speaker 3: The lake is? Is it who finds it?
Speaker 2: Fresh water?
Speaker 1: It's yeah, it's completely enclosed fresh water.
Speaker 2: Or seas or saltwater, I assume, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, see these are the things that I think of when I look at my cork globe and realize that I am.
Speaker 1: But then you got bays and harbor's like harbor's I know, is an actual harbor is more an indication of its economic purpose than it's actually Sure, I.
Speaker 2: Got the type thing. Here's a dumb question I've never thought of before. Okay, seas, lakes, oceans, like all that stuff. They're all bodies of water. Obviously, oceans much much bigger. Now are you saying that are seas always salt water? I believe so, but I could be very wrong. Okay, so a sea is like a big ass lake. So what is the thing initially when it was formed that makes one of them continue to be salt water and other ones continue to not? Like why does Lake Michigan have fresh water in it? And like what's the famous like the Red Sea has salt and it just stays that way? Or how is it because the way.
Speaker 1: They were seas? So I think crucially, seas are always connected to the ocean. That's where the salt comes from. They are connected, yes, Oh, like if you look at the Sea of Japan, it's technically part of the Pacific Ocean that like, or if you look at this the red sea like lakes. Also, like if the finger Lakes specifically, I know we're not talking about the Finger Lake. We're talking about the gret Lakes. But finger lakes are glacial cavities which I believe like happened during massive floods like the Missourian flood, Missoula floodback millions of years ago, that like basically created all the lakes in Minneapolis and the north the Midwestern United States, and like a lot of the freshwater came from those. But I believe seas are always connected to the ocean, hence the salt.
Speaker 2: Then why isn't okay, the Mississippi River is connected to the ocean. Why is that not salt?
Speaker 1: It flows into the ocean, doesn't come from the ocean. So okay, going out Missisipi River? Where's that up coming from? Which? Which great lake is it? Isn't it starting?
Speaker 2: A great lake started? I'm looking at it goes way up thirty five here? Uh is this it?
Speaker 3: Do you want me to get my.
Speaker 2: Globe Google maps? Where the fuck does it goes all the way up to Minneapolis? And then where the fuck does it go Mississippi River? Okay, it's keep going up, is going all the way to Canada. The big fucking river.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's most of that gets its water, Dan, Get this. It gets its water from its headwaters at Lake at Tasca in Minnesota, fed by springs, lakes and rainfall, and then collects water in your water dam So down.
Speaker 2: In Kansas City, when I were down by Saint Louis where the Mississippi River goes through, that's Minnesota lake water. I'm looking at.
Speaker 1: Uh in large part you have, but also rainfall and springs, like underground springs, et cetera.
Speaker 3: At Sweet Sweet Minnesota.
Speaker 1: Blue you're just swimming up.
Speaker 2: There are so many things that just happen every day that you just never think about, and then you hear what they come from, and that's interesting.
Speaker 1: I like not to bring it back to wine again, but honestly, studying wine, I'm looking at maps most of the time. I'm reading about shit like how certain like countries formed from some like some tectonic collision that happened millions of years ago, and that like all of a sudden, the Jurassic Period starts to make more sense because it deposited certain soil types and like half of the my wine studying is maps and like of different sorts like soil maps or rainfall patterns.
Speaker 2: This shit is crazy. I'm looking at Lake of Tasca now and it is not a large lake, not even by like Minnesota standards. Really, how is this tiny ass little lake filling up a river that goes across the entire.
Speaker 3: Country gathering as it goes, ma'am?
Speaker 2: So it's not all starting.
Speaker 1: There's tributary is tributary streams? Oh okay, okay, like the headwaters is not all the water that just pours through like you're pouring it from a bottle. There's tributaries from other sources and springs and other connecting rivers and lakes.
Speaker 3: Tributary I'm into that.
Speaker 2: Yeahs a Rivet inlets, maybe.
Speaker 1: The tiny bay like tiny lagoon and inland you know, yeah, Rivet City and three right, yeah, held together metal.
Speaker 3: There's like an always sunny thing where he like points at the door and he's like, listen, we gotta watch out for that pirates.
Speaker 1: A pirate? Private?
Speaker 3: Is it? Is it the door that's says private? Is that the door you're thinking of?
Speaker 1: And then he tries to get in with his own apartment. Ke He's like I figured there was a shot. It's like a one in one hundred million.
Speaker 2: A lot of things are just really interesting once you learn how they happen. Yeah, man, I knew.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but look while you're doing it, can you look up, like what constitutes the sea?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I believe they're all type of what constitutes a sea? Okay? Well the google a eye that pops up first is a large body of saltwater, typically smaller and shallower than an ocean, partially enclosed by land, and usually located with where the ocean meets land. While connected to the global ocean, they are often on the margins of continents, though some, like the Sargasso Sea, are defined by ocean currents. Partial enclosure, enclosure Yeah, okkay, brilliant. Yeah, what's your favorite sea? I don't have.
Speaker 1: Also, there are way more than seven. The pirate things were bullshit.
Speaker 2: No, pirates were dumbasses.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, who's the travel of the world and the seven seas? Well, you got like three hundred to go, Man, write another song when you get that any Lenox. Yeah, Annie, i've ever seen a sea's I've never seen I didn't see an ocean until I was like working a game informer you must have seen us.
Speaker 3: I agree. Growing up in the golf mostly in Ohio, I feel like I just didn't get to see a lot of ocean. Wasn't something I saw?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Kansas certainly not. We don't want to go on family vacations or anything ever, so like I never saw shit.
Speaker 1: I guess New Orleans is sort of connected to the golf through the.
Speaker 2: Swamps New Orleans. I've definitely seen the golf. Yeah, yeah, that is connected.
Speaker 1: But uh see, I'm trying to think if I've seen this, I've seen the Sea of Japan. Actually, no, I would have seen I would have been on the harbor harbor, right, yeah, which is technically those are usually fresh water, Like New York Harbor is still fresh water until a certain point because the pressure from the east and the HUD center pushing down against the saltwater.
Speaker 2: Oh right, New Orleans is technically Lake Pontar Train that it borders, which is Mike, you'll know from Double seven everything or nothing, the motorcycle level that's the big across. Yeah, yeah, I know that. Yeah, but that does connect to the Gulf.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: While on that notehography, do you want to talk about video games? Sure? Oh, God, you fucking so gross.
Speaker 2: That's the endpoint.
Speaker 1: I can't okay in on Mary's burp, speaking of we've all been playing Eugenics, Oh boy about it. Finally, Dan's played the most. Mary played quite a bit as well. I played the least. But uh, nonetheless, because you were talking, you sent us you had a screenshot on Instagram last night. I could just tell you were farther.
Speaker 3: Oh from my I've been trying to take screenshots when the game makes me laugh out loud. It's happened. It's happened a lot.
Speaker 2: The dumb cat thing that the dumber the cat is, the further he goes, Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's called one d Chess. How funny is that? Like, there's a lot of funny connections in this game where you can tell that they had fun making this. They wanted you to laugh. I had I have wigs with lice in them, and the lice comes out of the wigs and attack.
Speaker 1: But before before I should lay a foundation, because this sounds like we should lay the foundation of what it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, on a surface, if you removed everything from the visuals and aesthetics and everything, it's just the most Mike Maharty ass game. Ever as far as like it is tiles and tactic.
Speaker 3: Scene, it's disgusting, it's absurd. I can't look away. It's Mike Maharty.
Speaker 2: I was thinking just the tactical stuff, but then there's all the Gros stuff on top. I that was the thing I had to get past. Is like I did not love the I don't love the humor, I don't love the tone. I don't love the art style necessarily, you know, it's like all this stuff that like like for instance, Binding Isaac, Like you know, I played that a couple times when it first came out. It was like I just don't really like the whole vibe of this game, you know, And this felt the same way. And then I started playing it and then I was like, oh fuck, I'm obsessed with this game. And it absolutely allowed me to see passed and like almost I almost it's like it's like a Stockholm Center everything, but like I find myself like, no, no, I'm fine with everything now. Like it's not like I'm like cracking up every time I see a cat anus or something, but like you know, it's I don't.
Speaker 3: But you didn't love it either, did you? Like you weren't like.
Speaker 2: It's inherently a gross game. Like there's a boss fight against like two basically like anuses on four legs that like.
Speaker 1: Really really really really we should mention this is a turn based tactical game for those who don't know, because not everybody knows. From Edmond McMillan and the team that made Super Meat Boy and you mentioned by Nick of Isaac, they working on this for like twelve years. Longer than that, there's twelve or so they started talking about, but they like scrapped a few things. So now it's as Dan pinged us in our discord a couple of weeks ago, a few weeks ago, at this point we were just talking about wanting to talk about it. You know, it's like turn based tactics on tiles with cat breeding in between as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like the like equivalent of going back to the Hub and Hades is like you go back to this house where you are, Like the metagame is building out the rooms of the house, buying furniture for the house. That can affect different stats of like the quality of the stray cats that show up, you know, the frequency of the breeding, the quality of the newborn kittens and stuff like that. So like you're buying fish tanks and couches and beds and clocks and stuff to fill this out. And as you go later in the game, like I wonder if you guys have gotten this far, because like this is I'm fifty hours in. It says I'm like twenty percent of the way into the game.
Speaker 3: I can't believe that.
Speaker 2: And I'm just now getting this stuff like upgrades where it's like, okay, now you can see the entire family trees of every cat, meaning and with an icon even that says if they're inbred or not. So then you can start doing stuff like you can start literally just throw the inbred ones and the trash and donate them to these like vendors, or you can like take like yeah, it's like specifically, here's these two cats that are not in bread and this one has this possibility, this one has this stat or whatever, and you can you can put them in like the fuck room, the one that like you got out you put all the furniture in that like increases the like fucking and like so you can get way more deliberate with how you're kind of breeding the cats. So like I'm going to make the ultimate ranger here or cleric or something like that. There's different classes based on collars you put on them and stuff. But like it seems like I still feel like it's opening up for me fifty hours in.
Speaker 1: You know, it's crazy, Barry, you pointed out, I think like some reviewers were saying they played one hundred and twenty for the review or something like that. Yeah, just crazy.
Speaker 3: I think it's like long teen and yeah, I think I'm about twenty five now. I I have enjoyed it. I feel the same way as you, Dan. I had to get over the visuals. I don't care for the like sex and birth in two seconds animation.
Speaker 1: Have you changed those?
Speaker 2: Have you seen that?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I have changed them to like family friendly, so they're both just like upside down and like rubbing their backs against each other like we're kind of funny.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: I want to see it as it's intended. I want to see the vision just because I don't love it. That's what they made, and I think it's also it was hard for me to get over how disposable the cats are. So something that I was I learned quite early on in this game is that once you complete around, even if you're successful, the cats are retired and never go out again, and so you need to keep them in the house and have them do it or dispose of them as you said, But they don't go out on a second adventure.
Speaker 2: Well it's another thing. There is another thing that I like, I don't know how much this stuff falls into spoiler Like this is like gameplay stuff, but obviously stuff that like unfolds later.
Speaker 1: So yeah, we're worried about that. I don't like to hear it.
Speaker 2: Like in general, it's not as simple as once they go on a thing. Yeah, yeah, I mean it's like and it's.
Speaker 3: For twenty five hours, which I would say is a long fucking time to play a game before you say, actually you don't know this game. And if I could just be a hater for two seconds, I don't really care for any game that takes fifty hours to open up. I don't think that that like is super fair for my time. And it's quite repetitive as well, for a game where you're like, you're gonna do the sewers, No, you do the first alley, then the sewers, then the caves, and so when they come back from this journey, I have to get a new round of cats and go back to the alley and start that process over again. And I had to do that a lot because if you die, you have to do it all over again. Yeah, I mean, I think generally my thought is I don't think this game is for me, but I don't hate this game. I have enjoyed it. It has made me laugh, it has made me I've enjoyed it. I've also found myself playing it and then been like, WHOA, that was five hours.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I just sunk five hours into this game.
Speaker 2: Played it on the planes to and fro like flew By. It's like that this is actually an end like treadmill game too, because it's like it doesn't require any fast reflexes or anything like that, so that it's.
Speaker 3: Been amazing turn Base.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do want to argue something you said, Mary, because like I feel the exact same way about like I hate the like, oh, you just got to play it for this Assassin's Creed for twenty hours and then it gets good, Like I've always hated that shit. It's like, I want to enjoy a game. You know. If I'm going to put hours and hours in something, I better be enjoying some part of it. So like, even though I do say there are elements that open up in things twenty thirty forty hours in, I did enjoy this game from the beginning. So it's like I don't want people to think like, oh, you got to play it twenty hours before it gets good. No, it's good right away. And what I'm saying is there are these huge kind of signpost moments where it's like, oh, I didn't realize that. It's just the unfolding of the unfeeling of the onion, you know, it's like it's just additive. I think. I think it is fun from the beginning and it just keeps giving you more and more. And I think that just like adds to the longevity of the game more than it's like you got to play a bunch before it's good.
Speaker 3: I will acknowledge I I did enjoy the hours that I've with this game. It hasn't been a twenty miserable hour. I just think that generally I am looking for a little bit more impact with my twenty hours. I would have liked to accomplish more. I would have liked to see more. I would have liked to build my house after twenty hours. That being said, I have enjoyed the battles that I have come across. I've enjoyed building up my cats and giving them crazy outfits, outrageous items that are also again funny, cheeky, silly, stupid as hell, and changed the gameplay dramatically. Every round has been very different, Every battle has been different because my cats are so unique, so it mixes it up a lot. So I don't dislike this game. I just have like a couple qualms with it because I'm already not a huge turn based game person, so this is something where I had to do a lot of adjusting for it.
Speaker 1: Sure, yeah good, I was gonna say yeah, like fifteen minutes in. I'm very much in that holding pattern no pun intended. Before I am going to be on a bunch of flights that I'm kind of like, Okay, I could see this being great on my flights. I'm gonna wait until I'm traveling and then I want to really dive in. I think my last save time I saw was like twelve thirteen hours something like that. So I really have not played much of this game. In the grand scheme of things, I will say it's reminding me more of like Call to the Lamb, the cadence of that game where you come back and you do a lot of management stuff and not breeding. Really that's more about like religious stuff when you come back to base and then going out on those dungeon runs. The dungeon runs, and obviously we all know I love turn based stuff. I'm not expecting this game to be like full on Into the Breach or x COOM. I will say, so far, the turn based stuff has not been like all that complex yet. But from what Dan You've told me, like certain stuff, I think I want to get to the point where I feel like most of the complexities are going to come from the interplay between the breeding and the combat, because right now the combat itself is very boring to me. That doesn't mean I won't like that. One of my favorite games the last ten years is Wildermuth and the combat and Wildermth is not that it's it's nothing to write home about if you're a turn based tactics fan. However, seeing these characters who like these cats come back and they can't go out, they retire, but they pass on traits to the next generation, It's like, I'm pretty positive I'll love that once I start seeing it more, and also I've gotten past like the when you dispose of the cats and the like the mark to send them, just to send them down to the all the people living underground who want cats. I keep telling myself it's like, it's just like the dump it to Crumpet slide that goes up Mount Crumpet in the Grinch. The cats are not dying, they're going up there. And then also like.
Speaker 3: The ones that they get them, He's a real gem.
Speaker 1: In fights, and just one died overnight and like god.
Speaker 2: Damn it, dumping the car thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I wish it was like frogs or something. I think we passed it earlier.
Speaker 2: On so weirds, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's literally just the fact that I know their cats. Yeah, they look like butts or like fury. They look like bushes with like like pelvic bushes with cat legs coming out of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's strange. You can disassociate pretty easily that I have meant to be like disposable little trowels. But yeah, it is. It's a gross game. In general, you fight poop a lot, Like you were saying, they have enemies that are that have anuses for faces that are like squirting discharge when you hit them. It's fucking gross. And so like there's been a couple of times where I've had to be like, oh, like I don't know like about that. You know what, you constantly in your path because you have pathways where you fight, maybe you come across an object or an item, and so you accruise something and sometimes it's a choice. And I've had choice ones where it's like there's a gross pile of bones. Do you fight it, do you eat it? Or do you walk away? And I had like a high constitution, so I ate it and it was good, but I was eating bones of another cat. It was like, you know, it's just kind of yuck. I had one of those Dan it was a hole and it just said, uh, this hole was meant for you. This hole is perfectly shaped like you do you enter the hole? Which is like a comic reference is the manga?
Speaker 4: It is?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what what was the I should know this? The writer's famous, the mong artist. But like, yeah, yeah, people wake up one day and there's just holes in walls and stuff shaped perfectly like each of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, It's so it's like it's like one of those little uh ging eto I don't know, I couldn't remember it. Uh they make references to all these like pup culture things. Anyway, I went into the hole and I fucking died. It killed me. It took my cat away and I never got it back. And then and then, like I want to say, three areas later, I found an alley cat and it joined my squad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with like low stats, you kind of build it out.
Speaker 3: It was a real piece of shit cat. And I like had my cats do it. And I got a cat this big. I got a like a dwarf cat. It was like a tiny little thimble of a cat, and its stats were one across the board. And then it had seventeen luck and it was just this complete, worthless little worm of a cat. But I kept getting good luck throughout my run. It's just like it's so random, I think, is what I'm saying. Is like I was amazed with the variants, the variance of items, the variants of types of cats, the variants of like what you can do with their classes and their cadence and there and the world that you got. I never had even a similar run, not once.
Speaker 2: So and that's the thing that I think excites me the most about this game is because because there are so many you know, passive inactive abilities and things like that, that you don't know what you're going to get. And twice now because I banks probably put as much time. So let's say together we put over one hundred hours into it. Man Bonk and I got one completely broken build and she got one, and both in a fun way. I say broken parentheses positive here, what do you mean broken? Yeah? Yeah, okay, So with Bonks, it was she had a passive called singularity, which makes it so everything is one, and so it's like you have one HP, you have one MANA, any damage you receive is one, like all these things are one. But then she also got an item that she equipped that made it so anytime you take one damage, it counts as zero damage. So the one thing made it soever all damage is one. The other one made it to all one damage is zero. She had an immortal cat like could not could not get hurt. So that's incredible funny.
Speaker 1: That's like mine philosophical thought experiment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and mine was just oh my god, it was just the most dominant build here where it's like I had a cleric that had this thing called Hallowed Ground where it would throw a blessing pickup that's a little like blue crucifix thing, And so normally you go over this thing and it gives you one shield that will basically absorb any amount of damage, so one hit, even if it's sixty damage, it's just going to be poo. That was just a shield. But then I had a passive that made anything that I pick up is shared among my entire team. So now suddenly I throw the shield, I pick it up, and my whole team has it. Now the bonus was I had a ranger that had a passive that made all of my trap effects and everything doubled. And one of my traps was a spider egg trap that would normally spawn four spiders when an enemy died, pretty decent, but with the double anytime I killed any enemy, I would get eight fucking spiders. And here's the real kicker, the clericx ability. It shares all pickups with the whole team. That counted all these fucking spiders and maggots and everything. So I would literally have like twenty two fucking things on my team, and every time I pick up like this invincible crucifix thing. They all get it. So every single match to every boss is just like it's just filled with all these fucking spiders that are basically invincible, and I was just annihilating everything. It just felt so broken. But like, if that was every round, that would suck, that would feel broken in a bad way. But when you just like it clicks together and you realize what you've got, it's a moment like, oh, this is going to be the best run ever.
Speaker 3: And once you finish the rounds and it's like okay, well, then you know you got to come up with something new. At least for me. Right now, I had a really strong hand. I just had I had a really good healer and a really good damage dealer, and they were unstoppable. And so I went through the whole area, all the way through like the caves and everything, and I was like, I'm a genius. But then when they get home, it's like, all right, well now I have to find a new build, and so I'm just constantly pulling. I'm pushing myself as a gamer to find the best way to combine items and builds as opposed to just being like, well, I know what system works for me. It's it makes me get out of my comfort zone and be like, I guess I need to try the thief in this one.
Speaker 2: I don't like the thief at all. Have you got any classes past that?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: I don't. I don't think I've unlocked any more classes I have, Like, I think it's the original ones, right, It's like I think there's.
Speaker 2: Tank, bunk Age, Ranger, cleric, Fighter, and then there's Thief, an original one Thief.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know either I unlocked it.
Speaker 2: Or early on, but yeah, and then there's yeah, but I think.
Speaker 3: There's twelve classes. But it's it's the amount of items and upgrades that make things like so variable ultimately that I think is like such a game changer. I've had really interesting items that I think are are funny and unique. I got one that was, uh, poison, and it poisons everything on the map no matter what you know, friend and ally and and villain, and so if there's a shits in a stuff on the map, I just use the I just use it. I just equip it, and then I try and heal myself and make sure that I don't have poison. But then it's poisoning everybody else. The entire map, and I think that's kind of cheeky to be able to do that, but you can't save some because the game yells at.
Speaker 2: You catch mister Rossetti. They even like reference mister Rossetti specifically. Yeah, I kind of love that everything feels like it's got consequences and stuff. Like I've had things where it's like I have a dream like cat build and then like it goes into one of those things where it's like, here's a gross hole. Do you want to fuck it? And like I guess, and then it's like, well, now you have a fucking thing where you just attack yourself seventy five percent of the time you attack, It's like, what fuck? I just ruined my cat to try to fuck a hole.
Speaker 3: Well, let that be a lesson to you.
Speaker 2: I know, I will say and I won't say specifics, but I will say the thing with like, oh, your cat's done at the end. There is just stuff that unlocks where it's like there are reasons where you would want to have, like when you have different rooms and stuff like let's say I've got a room that is just like here's all Stars, here's the all Stars that like went on a successful run and I love their passives and stuff. I'm gonna and I'm gonna have a use for four of them.
Speaker 3: Later and all my losers go into the hole.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they all just die.
Speaker 3: Yeah, brutal.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I want to keep playing more of that because, yeah, I think it is the like if this then that logic that seems really compelling to toy with with the items and the different cat accommodations, And I understand they're not trying to make it the best turn based tactic game on the map itself. That's not what this game is about. So I want to keep playing that. So I'm not digging it for that. I'm just saying, like I think I went in expecting it to be like into the breach right away, which.
Speaker 2: It's a bit different. I mean that's more like, yes, you know, for sure it's into the.
Speaker 3: Breach if they were like fucking and sucking the whole time. Yeah, and then like they were fighting dicks that were coming out of butts.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like it's weird because it's like we do gross out humor and stuff. You're like, we're not we're not above gross out here.
Speaker 3: Yeah we are gross, but there's.
Speaker 2: Something about this type or it just kind of feels like there's not even a joke or cleverness behind anything. It's just like what if this thing was like a bloody asshole and it's like that's I don't want bad.
Speaker 3: I don't fight a bloody asshole.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's like great.
Speaker 3: I think it's a bit exhaust.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's not my fit, but like, I guess that is a way to like add variance to a bunch of different things where it's like, oh, these it's about mutations and birth defects, like that's a big part of what happens to these units. So like I guess that's one way you could do it. No, this guy's assholes bloody.
Speaker 1: And I got over Binding of Isaac's asthetic and humor, and I absolutely love that game over the years that they had been updating it, so like I'm I'm not above moving past it. I'm getting there, but I really do kind of just want to save it for flights now.
Speaker 2: Now let me ask you, I'm loving this and I know it's a different genre, but like when Binding of Isaac came out, that's when I learned what a roguelight was because I remember I played it a Game Informer and I was like, I died and I back to the beginning. I was like, what the fuck is this shit? And I think it was our PC out of the Adam Bistner told me it's like, oh, it's a rogue light and it's like, what the fuck is that? And he's like, oh, yeah, you die and you restart a running and you have to start over every time. It's like that sounds fucking stupid, and I just like never tried it again, and then I wound up. Rogue lights are like maybe my favorite genre. Would it be worth going back or has like the genre moved so far beyond that.
Speaker 1: To Binding of Isaac. Yeah, yeah, oh they've still very They've tweaked it so much. It had like six thousand concurrent players at some point, like they've they've worked they had worked on it so much throughout the years, it's going to be unrecognizable. I didn't like it when I first played in two thousand and ten or whatever it was twenty twelve, Like I think since they made this because it's a super meat boy than that and then this, right.
Speaker 2: I uh, there's something in between. There was like the end of the World and is nigh or something.
Speaker 1: But yeah, no, Binding of Isaac is still it reminds me of like Enter the Gungeon now, that kind of format of rogue Light dungeon crawler. Yeah, it'd be worth checking out. I still enjoy it. Okay.
Speaker 3: People say it's kind of like this in the sense that you can easily play one hundred hours of it, like it's been it's built to pour time.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think the biggest fan I know is like Russ fresh Stick and his other his favorite game is like Spelunky. I think it's more like Spelunky, like with a few more rogue Light permanent upgrades between runs.
Speaker 2: Which one has more bloody assholes?
Speaker 1: Mugenics for sure. Yeah, yeah, No, Binding Isaac is all like pregnancy and whatnot.
Speaker 2: And again I put that in the kind of the same category of like a lot of it just seems like, is it fucked up that we did? This enemy is an abortion with the fucking rifle, and it's like, I don't you know that does nothing for me?
Speaker 1: What's that that happened in Mugenics?
Speaker 2: No, I feel like everything I started Binding Isaac is like, yeah, this boss is just like stabbing her pussy.
Speaker 1: It was, Yeah, that's like I don't like this. I don't either.
Speaker 3: That's such a gross sound bite.
Speaker 2: It's like I love Rent and Stimpy because it was almost like an innoc grossness to it, and like all like this just seems so aggressive, like the binding of lies.
Speaker 3: Children's gross stuff, and y'ere old, Like we we had our time when with a close up Run and Stimpy things were vile. They were disgusting, sinky tooth or something, you know, yeah, and as kids we were like, hey, I can't believe they're getting this close up of this pample and uh, SpongeBob did it too.
Speaker 2: Like I find out now kids can't see Jaws. Tell they're fucking twenty If you're Jeff Backlar.
Speaker 1: He's not letting, he's not lettings DC Jaws like twenty hockey.
Speaker 2: Jock Son isn't allowed to watch Jaws because it would be too the PG movie Jaws that everyone sees when they're five.
Speaker 1: I wonder if that's just because he doesn't want to be afraid of swimming in lakes and the ocean.
Speaker 2: That's to say, like, yeah, if you can't watch Jaws, they're certainly not playing these guys.
Speaker 3: Not Porky's Revenge when I was twelve.
Speaker 1: We're normal, healthy people. I saw three when I was seven. That's actually a real thing. I'm not getting well, normal man, real DVD. I came with my friend bought something else and I came with that. What else are you playing?
Speaker 3: Da Are you okay?
Speaker 2: We're all doing great? He's taking it. I'm playing Mario Tennis or I was. I don't know, I'll play it.
Speaker 1: I'm just said end of the Wholesome versus Disgusting.
Speaker 2: The first part of the story mode is Daisy is on her fucking deathbed. Like the Mario Tennis story. Mode starts with Daisy laying in bed and it's like she's been.
Speaker 1: She's poop as well.
Speaker 2: Well it's like, oh she's not getting any better, like she shows her it's like like clearly dying and there's like Donkey Kong talking to like Tennis. Yeah, it's weird. It's like I'm telling you, it's like the opening like picture is insane. It's just like all it's like everyone's concerned and the Princess Daisy's hospital room. And then it's fucking incredible because Warrio and WALLAWEGI like bust into her hospital room and the exact quote is one of them. It doesn't say who says she doesn't look.
Speaker 1: Good at all.
Speaker 3: And then Private Hill, Ye, they're.
Speaker 2: Gonna profit off of Princess Daisy dying because they're like, you know what will cure her. There's some caves and there's a golden fruit in there, and this golden apple is gonna cure her. But they actually like, man, we're gonna get rich off this gold apple. Uh, and Daisy's fucking dead. Who cares?
Speaker 1: Like that's the setup.
Speaker 2: But then they go to the caves and get attacked by monsters and they get beat up so bad they turn into babies, and then they suck at tennis. So then you got to go to tennis school?
Speaker 1: Are interesting? Yeah, you go to tennis. Like many after you go to tennis school, what why do you continue to play tennis?
Speaker 2: I don't know. It's like the first couple of hours, it's just going around academy and like toad teachers asking you about slice shots and uh. Then you go on an airship and and you got to fix the ship with tennis and it's just a fucking weird story mode and it sounds way more interesting than it is because it's like most of this is just kind of told through like very static, just almost like a visual novel type style, and then text and everything, and so it's just walking from thing to thing, and then it'll be like, hey, you should do this thing. That'll teach you. Like we're going to shoot a bunch of cacti at you and you've got to do a top spin to send them back and you do that seven times, and then you walk to the next thing and they're like, all right, well here hit a star shot on this to seven piranha plans and then you move on, like it's just like a list of shit you have to do.
Speaker 1: Follow up question, Yeah, is this game bad? That's the thing.
Speaker 2: It's not bad. Like when you're playing tennis, it's fine. It is like it feels good, but it's like it doesn't.
Speaker 1: All I want.
Speaker 2: It doesn't noticeably better than like Mario Tennis sixty four that you can play on Switch online, I mean.
Speaker 1: Which still felt great last time we played it in December. Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, it's like when you're just playing tennis, it's a gay I like that I'm playing this. There's some stuff I don't leve where it's like I have never once been able to hit the ball out of bounce, and like that is part of the kind of risk reward thing of tennis games. It's like, well, I want to hit hard and fast close to the line, but I don't want to knock it out. And this one it doesn't feel like there's that risk. I mean, you can just crank the analog stick all the way and it's not gonna go out of bound, so it is pretty safe in that way. It does introduce these new beaver rackets.
Speaker 3: That's the princess is dead.
Speaker 2: They don't really go back to that. I don't know if she dies.
Speaker 3: And you're playing tennis and your corpses.
Speaker 1: Somewhere the red herring, it's a mcguffin.
Speaker 2: It is the thing that gets them to the cave, to get them beat up and turn into babies that suck at tennis. What's what's confusing about this?
Speaker 3: It just feels like it feels like a trope, like the wife and the fridge, Like she has no purpose. Her job is to die so that you play tennis.
Speaker 2: But what if the wife almost death made you turn into a baby and then have to learn to be good at tennis. I'm putting the images in our discord if you would like to take a look at this. So I don't just sound insane, that's that's Daisy dying right there.
Speaker 1: I think that the people at Nintendo have only just discovered cocaine in the last few years, and that just explains their run of games.
Speaker 2: Mario Otisse, t Rex's mustaches. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it's really good, like Mario Odyssey. Other times it's like the end of a coke bender and they make Mario Tennis story mode.
Speaker 2: Its like half cross eyed and stuff, And despite getting lots of brass, she showed no signs of improving.
Speaker 1: Yo, she doesn't look good at all.
Speaker 3: Waluigi or Warrio.
Speaker 2: I think, said Yo. I think he's a Yo guy.
Speaker 3: Who do you think? Who do you think kok? Yeah, Cannon says.
Speaker 2: Yo, I think, says Yo. Now yeah. So it's like everything I just said makes it sound more interesting than it is. It's really not. It's like they do these stats where it's like and they make it seem like it's an RPG. It's not. It's just like meters moving up after every stupid little training thing. So totally skippable story mode if you just want to have it on your system to play a fun tennis game with every once in a while. That's fine, but at this seventy dollars, so you know, like and then how much you want to play tennis every once in a while.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just want. I just want the tennis, and I guess I get to play Versus mode.
Speaker 2: You play Versus Mode. It's got the fever Racket, things that are like ads, like you know, these super shots that, oh, the banana racket will make it so like bananas fall on the court when it lands, you know, stuff like that like that. Yeah, yeah, it's fun.
Speaker 1: Into yep, Mary, You've been playing more Mio, which you talked about in the last couple episodes.
Speaker 3: I think just the last episode, I think I started playing Meo and I really liked it, and I was, you know, comparing it to other metroid venias that I think are flighty and fun, and I was like, and it's not insanely hard. Well, it got really hard, got really really tough. Somewhere in like the fourth to fifth area, the platforming gets pretty brutal. Well, I'm still enjoying it, but I have to take breaks now because it's defeating to play a boss for like two hours. You need like a break mentally after you take on a boss.
Speaker 2: For that long hollow night levels like Silk Songs type.
Speaker 3: I would say that it's not as hard as Silk Song, but it's because it doesn't have the run backs that are so brutal. But it has a boss fight. It has this boss fight with two battling robots and there's a bunch of spikes on the ground and you just have this tiny little stand that you're on to fight these robots that are doing symmetrical moves very difficult, and then I think halfway through the fight, the stand disappears, and so you have to hit them to get your jump back, maintain your loftiness for the second half of the fight. I mean is like, come on, yes, the stand doesn't come back. You have to hold the fight by attacking them using your gly and then getting your jump back by attacking, all while not taking damage. And this game, as you progress, and it's a really beautiful like story component to it that I think is absolutely lovely, you take permanent damage. So as I'm gaining life at this stage in the game, I have like nine life and I'm really proud of it. I've lost four life permanently, so I actually only have five life. It's not as like beneficial as it seems when you keep taking permanent damage, and I think sometimes you recoup them, but right now I'm just like at a heavy loss of life. So yeah, it's just a brutal area that I think I'm in but still loving it, still enjoying it, and I wish I'm like determined to beat it, but I've been getting stuck at a couple of these maniacal boss and platforming spaces that I think test my patience to get through. But I am still especially for people who are Metroidvania fans and are like, I'm looking for the next Metroid Vana, this is the one I would recommend. There was a beautiful area where I kept going up and I found this hole in glass and so I was like, oh, I'll go through this glass. And I kept going up and up and up, and it just really rewarded me with this visual display. Just a stunning place to put me in. And it just has a little bench, very hollow night and you sit in it and you just look you just look at the view as a player, and I think that that is one of the best rewards that you can give a player outside of obviously like extra health or something like that, but instead of like an item, it is a place for thoughtful introspection with really nice music and a beautiful visual. And I thought to myself, like, these devs gave a shit about the environment that they're putting you in. They're not just saying like, now do another hired boss. They were like, this area is just for you to have thinkums about life and love and why you exist. And I appreciate when games do.
Speaker 1: That kind of reminds me I need to I've been meaning to you for years to go back and play or In the Will of the Wisps.
Speaker 2: A good one.
Speaker 1: We talked about it years ago. I came out I love the Blind Forest, and I started Will of the Wisps. But I think for whatever reason, once it started to open up, I had other stuff going on. But I remember that game like really liking those environments as well.
Speaker 3: I've been comparing it to Or the most of all of the games that I would compare this too, I would say it's very similar to an Or. It's just meaner than or Ori. I think a casual person can get through Or. I don't know if a casual gamer could get through MIO. I do think you have to have some prowess for uh yeah, for being able to get through some of these boss fights, but very very thoughtful.
Speaker 2: It sounds like the combats is probably where the difficulty comes from. Where or I remember would have those spikes where it would be the very dramatic chase sequences and stuff and you got to like hit a bunch of platforming stuff.
Speaker 3: Yes, the platforming was tough. I would say, yeah, this doesn't have any timing platforming, but oh god does it have some platforming spaces that also tested my patience. But the upgrades are so powerful if you use them properly. There's an upgrade that just lets you climb walls like a spider. I mean, that is incredibly powerful. You can go everywhere with that, but you can only do it for like three seconds and again then you have to you have to recognize you have to hit somebody to get your wall climbing back. But you know, as long as you understand those fundamentals, you can get through it. So anyway, hopefully by the next time we talk, I'm trying not to jinx myself. I can be like it done. I really like it. I still like it, but yeah, it's harder now.
Speaker 1: Well, Dan, you also playing Cinacross? Am I saying that correctly?
Speaker 2: I wonder that every time I say it, because it's a C I n I cross't seny Across sceney Cross. It is Pacross, which I deeply love Pacross, and it's a rogue light, which those two weren't activated my brain immediately. And I played the next Fest demo a few months back and it was great. Full game is out now. I like it a lot. It is it's like the blatrode Pacrosse, but it's got kind of that like Slay the Spire type rogue light map where you know, you see the the rooms and it's like, okay, do I want to go to the shop here this campfire to you know, get my HP back? Or do I want to go here and try to get some items on this fight or whatever? And each of the like fights has a you know, one through four or five or something difficulty level, so that corresponds like is this gonna be a five by five grid? Is this gonna be like a twenty by twenty grid? Things like that, and like it's.
Speaker 1: I sell for ten dollars right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, And it's it's fun because like I didn't know how I was gonna feel about like because to me, pacross has always been like it's such a great game of like you don't ever need to get and across. It is a logic puzzle, the type I like where it's like, okay, with just the numbers on the board here, you should be able to tell the blocks that you need to fill in, which ones you need to break or cross out or whatever, and so you can really take your time with traditional pacrosse, this one it is timed because like you will have like a time limit like a blue orb basically that's ticking down.
Speaker 3: And that will looks like Diablo one by the way, yes.
Speaker 2: Yes, and it'll stay persistent. So it's like if you have five minutes at the end of the level, you're gonna have five minutes once you start the next one. And you can get upgrades and stuff like that and get items at shops where it's like I'm gonna get thirty seconds back. But then you can also get passives that are like, oh, all of your time bonuses are plus five percent and stuff like that. So there are artifacts kind of like like the Jokers and Blatro. The thing is, it's like I don't feel like there's as much you can do with pacrosse, so like the artifacts are not necessarily as exciting as something like Blatro. So you'll get buffs for like you're getting more HV game, you're getting more time bonuses, You're getting things like that. There's stuff where it's like it'll add gold cells to the pacross board, and those are times so if you get to them fast enough, you'll get some gold that you can use in shops and stuff. And I guess I didn't finish what I said about the time aspect. That is what's interesting is that, like I was worried that, like, well, Percross to me is kind of a relaxed thing. You take your time and you parse over all the numbers and everything. This one is like it's across with a time limit, and I think I'm stressful it does, but it works. I think, like I liked, I liked doing fast pacross, and this is one that kind of really rewards you for it. And I'll find myself going for that level four difficulty twenty by twenty grid over the easy because like any five y five grid you can solve in two seconds, So it's like you'll get more rewards than everything if you can solve it. But it's gonna be tough. And then there's like fun challenges and stuff, like there's items that'll give you bonuses if you don't use any crosses. So you know, like cross out blocks on pacrosse if you know there's no way that's gonna be filled in. So this one, it's like, oh, it behooves you to just fill in blocks and not mark the exit on the other one.
Speaker 3: Which is risky. If it's a lot of blocks.
Speaker 2: Yes, that makes it. The difficulty level is so much higher if you're not marking them. That's a huge part of a cross pacross. So like, there are some interesting ones. I would not expect a huge amount of variants and stuff. They're like bosses the way like you know in Blotro you do a boss and it would be like, well, all diamonds are you know, not worth anything. It will do things now where it's like okay, every few seconds the screen turns red, and any cells you try to fill in when it's red, it's gonna hurt your HP. Or there's things where it's like oh, all the numbers on the side of the grid are just rotating, they're just spinning. So it's like a fuck all right, it's kind of harding's.
Speaker 1: Two to two, that's four and one must suck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like they're spinning pretty fast and everything. So like there's some fun gimmicks there and everything. But yeah, it's just a fun new twist on pacross. It's uh, which I'm never gonna say no to any Here's the thing, there's there's so much actual pacrosse out there, like the Pacross S series on Switch there's like fucking nine or ten of those or more. So I'm fine on just normal pacross. I could use a few more three D Pacrosses. But I think this is a cool twist on pacrosse that I'm very very much enjoying.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 3: I love the visual style of it. I mean, I just love it. Looking at screen shots.
Speaker 1: Of day That's what I was trying to remember. Yes, yeah, og funny.
Speaker 3: I think classic you know, you know, low bit rate game play. But it looks good, Like, it doesn't look bad, it looks great.
Speaker 2: How manything's going to do with it? Like they made pacrosse look visually interesting.
Speaker 3: They did. I love there's like I don't know what area this is, but there's like a spinning wheel so it looks kind of gambly, and there's like a ball with a bunch of orbs in it and it's your gold. Like that looks fun because it's it's tactic. It's tactile. It's not you have forty gold. It's like a ball filled with balls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's that's at the end of every puzzle you get all that stuff. There is that slot machine, so like the higher difficulties, there's more reels on the slot machine to get the artifacts. There is that spinning wheel at the bottom that that if it lands on like a two times thing, you'll get two items that you can pile like consumables and stuff. So it's like you'll get a consumable that's like, oh, whenever you pop it, it's going to randomly fill in twenty cells on the puzzle you're on right now where you pop.
Speaker 3: This one a really fun Steam deck game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean it's it is the thing where it's like obviously with the mouse you can move around a big grid much faster, but you know you can play it. Like most of my time was on the plane and play with the steam deck so that it does work, and you can use the track deck if you want.
Speaker 3: You can use the track pad, which you find customs thing, you know, using the mouse with your.
Speaker 2: I was just using the stick. It's fine, I might try track pad thing. I actually made a custom track pad one for Eugenics, and that did make it a little nicer. So oh interesting, So I'm it was easier to do that. I've not fiddled with that stuff much, but yeah, I made it so just the right track pad is the mouse cursor, and then the back left top button is like the left click, so you can just kind of move around that way a little quick.
Speaker 3: This is neat. I'm tempted to buy this. I'm also tempted to gift this to my dad because he really really likes Bilotro. He plays it every day. I know he does, because I get a ping when I'm working when people in my close friends list open up a game. And he plays this every day. I think he tells me he gets a coffee, opens up his stocks, and then plays Bilatro for two hours or like until he loses. I love that then, and that's like a part of his existence. I don't think this is probably going to become a part of his day to day. But I think Pitcross is like something we can all spend an afternoon doing and enjoying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it does seem like there's a good amount of longevity to it because like they're different classes where it's like, oh, the Archer has this thing where it's like the Archer when you fill in one row, it'll like automatically fill in all the x's on the up and down, left and right. And then there's the Archer that does certain things where it's I forget whether the details are that, but they all have their own like level up dial and you'll get persistent upgrades and stuff as you level up at each of the classes. So I mean, I'm always having a good time. I'm playing placrosse. So you give me any kind of these like long tail type things on it, and like, I'm gonna play the shit out of this game.
Speaker 3: I think for less than ten dollars too, this is the type of game you probably could pour a shit ton of hours in.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, it's got a demo too on Steam, got free demo ten dollars. Read that sounds fun? Do you guys want to talk about emails go are all right as usual. You can write into Firescape cast at gmail dot com. Get your questions read on the air. Got a bunch coming in. Thank you so much. Fill those coffers for twenty twenty six, but keep them coming. You can never have too many in the old inbox. We've got good ones here today from Jesse, Mary. Do you want to read this first one? Sure?
Speaker 3: Okay, Jesse, Sorry, I got it. Hello is Gapees. I've started incorporating Mike's You could be anywhere in the world right now, but you decided to be here sign off at the end of my weekly work meetings. What's Gucci Stanley? Tucci has not cut on yet. Yeah, nobody has caught on to What's Gucci Stanley?
Speaker 2: Including Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're trying to end it. My question for all of you is, after you've done recording this episode, if you could be anywhere else, literally anywhere, whether it's inside your favorite game, world, a book, a movie, a time period, or Dan's bathtub full of mac and cheese, where would it be and why? Thank you for years of great laughs, interesting conversation to hot takes. Here's to more Jesse from Vegas.
Speaker 1: Please come visit for the record. I got that line you could be anywhere in the world from I think it was lin Manuel Miranda, But there's like older recordings some songs by use it, like Avalanches has a song that uses it. So it's not my line. I have a specific spots for sure.
Speaker 2: Taken in a very literal sense, saying like right after recording this episode, I mean the answer for me is usually going to bed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, oh for sure, that's what I do. And I'm an hour heady yeah yeah, but war somewhere anywhere in the world. I still think the most beautiful place I've ever been in the world is Hanolai bay on Kawhi. That was pretty like otherworldly. I wouldn't mind warping there right now.
Speaker 2: I'd like to be in the world of Twisted Metal two. I've thought this a lot. I think that just seems like the most fun place to be.
Speaker 1: That seems aren't there like murderers driving around blowing each other up in cars?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it just seems over there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, had more of a game show element to it and some steaks. You got steaks, you know. I I'd want to have a cool car in it, and it just like they get to travel around the real world and do fun things to it. And uh, there's a bunch of wacky fun characters.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: I'd like to be one of them.
Speaker 3: I think you would be a wacky character, but I don't think you would be like living a wacky life. I think you'd be selling bottle caps down by the river for like scraps of human hair.
Speaker 2: But I would want to car the shot missiles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you wouldn't have it yet because you're selling bottle caps down by the river for.
Speaker 2: This isn't then this isn't the answer then, And the answer to this question is not that I don't want to be a bottle cap river guy. I want to be a guy strapped to two wheels screaming and shooting missiles at you as well. Yeah, but I mean everyone's in the same playing field in that world, right, everyone's dealing with that.
Speaker 1: I just want to go somewhere where there's not like violence being enacted upon me.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't want it to be like real. I'd want to be like well, I guess the Running Man it was real. Silence.
Speaker 1: What's like the most picturesque, relaxing, like charming place from a video game, you'd want to be nether realm, like from Mortal Kombat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like there's violence there Dan, right, but it's.
Speaker 2: Also like remember like Cyraxx got stuck in the sand and the beach.
Speaker 1: I want to go to the forest world in su Mario Odyssey where it's just like the beach funk playing.
Speaker 2: Steam Gardens, Yeah, surf Rock, Yes, that's violent.
Speaker 3: Pretty violent. I mean I wouldn't want to be there forever. But when I think of like peaceful and serene video games, I think of obviously Starduo. That would be so fun. We talked about that last episode, how lovely that would be that I would actually want to do that. I think I would really genuinely enjoy being a little stardew farmer slime rancher, the one with the sandwiches where you collect the little uh it's like Pokemon, but they're pieces of sandwich and food. Have sandwich?
Speaker 1: I know exactly it was. It was fucking cook It just huge for a while. It was like no early PlayStation five, like it's like a Animals. Yes, we got I forgot that game.
Speaker 2: It was a long walk.
Speaker 1: I would also love if I know this is a very different question, Like if if I could warp somewhere and live there with Amanda for the rest of my life, I'd want the house from Call Me by Your Name Never leave it ever, that's that's my I wonder.
Speaker 3: Too, that's a good idea as well. I would want to be in one of the mansions from hit Man and just be.
Speaker 2: Like the Paris one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, obviously the hit Man wouldn't be there for me.
Speaker 1: Even the house in Hawk's Bay and New Zealand is pretty awesome too.
Speaker 2: What about the bedroom and train spotting with the dead baby crawling on the ceiling.
Speaker 1: You're gonna go weird with yours. I want to and I want to be in the room where Jennifer Connelly has a two sided dildo.
Speaker 2: I think you're making it sound more fun than that scene was. Yep, you're leaving out some details.
Speaker 1: No, I'm going to be on the other end of it. No, it would be uh, you know, it would be the house will Call Me by Your Name. I also really like whatever, how what's my favorite house from a video game or a movie? Like, what would be my favorite home from one of.
Speaker 2: Those Sapienza one?
Speaker 1: For me?
Speaker 2: There's a lot in hippand they're all these huge ornate things.
Speaker 1: The house behind the winery in we want.
Speaker 5: To live in the Burj Khalifa. You know, I have a'm a I'm a girl with a small.
Speaker 1: Dream, small and tall, you know what I.
Speaker 5: Mean, tallest in the world, as they say, the Khalifa tallest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like, what if it was like pluribus and you could have Air Force one come pick you up right now and you could go anywhere. That's basically what we talked.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but this is better because supposedly in this world it's not miserable. You would just be everybody environment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you could also get so many things from Like I could fly to New York and get a great slicepez at where I can just have everyone knows how to make it here in Minnesota, you know. Yeah, if it was plurbist, you know, yeah.
Speaker 3: If you were pluribist, these things wouldn't be as fun. But I will say if I was pluribist, being in bug snacks would still be pretty delightful.
Speaker 2: I would like being in bugs bug snacks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that'd be like a bad assid trip being in bug snacks. I don't know, in the situation where you also a bug snack.
Speaker 2: I think you're a human. I mean, it gets pretty weird by the end, but for ninety five percent of bug snacks, it would be a good time.
Speaker 1: Oh here's a question. I don't think we've ever asked, what would if you were a bug snack? Describe your form? Cool ranch you'd be that's not You're just a buddle of cool ranch.
Speaker 3: Anonymous with Oh, you're just cool ranch like a river.
Speaker 1: I'm so tired. That really didn't even register that that's what you were saying.
Speaker 2: Is that on the periodic table. No, it comes in the form of a crispy triangle.
Speaker 1: I would be, Oh, I'd be bug snack.
Speaker 3: It would just be like a what's your favorite snack?
Speaker 1: Is my favorite snack?
Speaker 2: You like pretzels?
Speaker 1: I like pretzels. That's what you always say, Like what's your we have around the house and you guys visit, I say pretzels. That's like my basic.
Speaker 3: Wait, I know what you would be, Mike. You'd be a fucking banana because every day for breakfast, and they're also hard and alert, and I just think that that's you.
Speaker 1: Oh, I've got it. It would be a banana from up here and then where like the bottom point is. It'd be like the tip of a wine bottle as a dick.
Speaker 3: Okay, it would be a banana, but it's peeled upside down, so your eyes are up here and then the peel is below and you're just like, you know, flapping your dog.
Speaker 1: Round a banana that's like unpeeled, and there's actually instead of banana inside, it's a bottle of wine that's just spewing its stuff all over.
Speaker 2: No, it's just a dick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's like one of the drawings from super Bad in his notebook.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's one of the mutations and mugenics.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, thank you, Jessee, Vegas. We will try to visit soon. I have never been Vegas. Ah, Dan, you want to read this one from Nathan.
Speaker 2: Sure Hey, fire Escapees. This winter, I took up skiing in a big way. I always hated the idea of skiing. Would get invitations to go, but say I didn't want to most because of money, the cold, didn't think I'd enjoyed it, et cetera. But now I love it. Dan's distaste for dungeons and dragons made me think, what are some examples of times you were resistant to try something only to find out you love it. PS. Mike, you recommended Invisible Cities to me previously. It's one of my favorite novels of all time. Thank you. It was Nathan from an Age, New Hampshire, things that we thought we would hate and then we wound up liking. I mean, there was definitely like a lot of things that just like I had weird aversions too, I mean almost always because my dad where it's like coffee, wine like and things like like for ins nice dinners. That's a thing where it's like my dad was always so so cheap and like he wouldn't even go to a fast food place if he doesn't have a cubon. That's still the case. So like the idea of like going to a nice dinner or something like that is so like would be so mocked my entire life. And it's like once I just got like older and married and stuff, and it's like, yeah, we should go try all these nice places. It's like like this time living in Minneapolis versus the first time I lived there is completely different because I was just way more like my dad the first time, and I only ate cheap ass garbage and I still love cheapass garbage, but now we go to like nice restaurants and stuff and it's like, oh, I really like this and it feels like you're really treating yourself and everything. And that's the thing I never felt comfortable doing before was brain to not like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think my big one would just be the beach. I've all, like, most of my life, I've hated the beach and I just I didn't like it. It takes it's such an effort, and I'm like, I'm not talking like a little private thing you can walk on to when you get an airbnb with like lake access or something that's always great. I'm talking like pack up the car, drive to the beach, and then like go down the beach, find the spot or you like, and then you're kind of surrounded by people. Marrying Amanda has changed my mind and I get the appeal now, and also like, I mean, look at me. I'm not the best in sun for prolonged periods of time, but I've started to embrace like the zen of it when you do it to go just relax and I'll like dip into the water every once in a while, come back out, lay in the sun and then I'll just read like an entire book all day. I used to hate the beach. It was like my least favorite outdoor activity. Not a biome, you know what I mean. But I'm I'm I still wouldn't I'm a beach guy, But you see the appeal. Now I see the appeal and I embrace it every summer, for sure.
Speaker 3: I think that's nice. Like we're all I would consider moderately stubborn people. So it's good to be able to like recognize growth and be like I can like these things. I can enjoy something I didn't like before. I've never been into sports. I've never felt like I could get into it. I don't care when I say sports, I mean like watching the game, right, It's just not something that I do. But I had a double sports week because it was the Super Bowl, which I watched specifically for Bad Bunny, and I ended up like liking watching I actually didn't think the game was great, but like, I enjoyed watching it and I enjoyed watching the halftime show. And then the next day I got tickets to a basketball game local, the Portland Blazers.
Speaker 1: Wait, you went to a Blazer game? Who was that when they're playing the Spurs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got free ticket seventy six ers.
Speaker 1: Oh, the seventy six ers. That was a good game too.
Speaker 3: And I don't go to basketball games, nor do I watch them, and so I was like, this is gonna be silly, like I'm gonna go and probably be bored, and you guys, I was all in. I mean, I was amazed with how talented and entertaining the game was. The food was fucking good too, Dan, Like I specifically say you, because I think often when you go to these things, you're like, it's gonna be like crappy nacho cheese. Dude, it was like but it was like delicious. It had like pork roasted pork nachos and stuff like that, and the pretzels with the dippies and I got popcorn with all the fixings. I found five dollars beers. I was going crazy and then yeah that's crazy, yes, wow, And I was. I was having so much fun, like I would like in college when you like go to a college game. I was like, it was I was a kid again. Their star player his name is too Money and so like he.
Speaker 1: Wait, who's for the Blazers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he just kept scoring and.
Speaker 1: You got Denny Afdia too, and we kept saying gorgeous that Israeli sensation.
Speaker 3: They're all smoking. Yeah, but like how fun is it that? Like we just kept being like too money buckets, he's too good, Like it was so good, like enjoying these players and like the little jokes that they would do. They're all in green screens, like pretending to eat like McDonald's sandwiches because I think McDonald's was a sponsor, and it's just like I think I got into the whole thing, the crappy green screen of the players being like swoosh.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: They do like to get the crowd going. During commercial breaks and timeouts, they'll do like all right, everybody like and then they'll have the players do it on the screen like record yeah.
Speaker 3: Bad bad, and it's it's but it's it's good, bad good, and they embrace it. Yeah, there doing it right, and they're probably getting paid like a decent amount to do it. And I think by the end of the game, yes, I was like five beers deep, but I was like I was full of nachos and popcorn. I got ice cream at some point. I remember I just remember every quarter I was like a little snack and watch too money, like fucking fuck these people up. It was so fun. We won like it was a crazy landslide.
Speaker 1: To memory serves, it was good.
Speaker 3: It was a good game, and I left. I left being like I was wrong. Basketball's fun. Sports are fun. Going to a sports game is fun. I gotta get more into sports, and so I'm glad that I learned from that experience.
Speaker 1: Yeah, We're going to Warriors Nicks in a few weeks in March. I can't wait. I've never been to a, uh, that's cool, an NBA game. I've been to many basketball games, but not NBA. But yeah, there's like for all the people that scoff at sports, but I absolutely get that many aspects of the culture are very off putting. And I don't argue with that whatsoever. I was just telling Dan, like a lot of I will say, mostly guys in like certain circles. All they talk about when I'm trying to, like when I'm trying to watch the NBA is like what their bets are, and I get it. Sometimes they'll try to have fun and put like a ten dollars bet on, like the coin toss, the super Bowl. I'm like, all right, sure, whatever, but like it's taken over sports conversations so much that I really need to silo myself away from that. I'm not trying to be like holier than thou, I just I actually really really enjoy basketball. I don't want to know what the over under is. I don't want to know, Like I don't care about the bets, the betting odds. I just care more about, like what are the odds that this unskilled team is going to beat the skilled team as the underdog. But like the communal aspect of going to certain sports, I will say I don't like go into football games. I would much rather watch football on TV. And I don't even want really like watching football that better.
Speaker 3: Because the stadium is so big, you get a better view from the camera angle than you would in the auditorium where is the basketball game. I had a great view. My view was better than the camera view. I could see the players, I could see everything. I felt like I was fortunate to be in the auditorium for that one. But football is too big.
Speaker 2: Well, I feel like with football, the thing is like it almost behooves you to be higher up because it's so much better, like actually seeing the play and the formations and everything. The higher up you are you can actually kind of see what receivers are open and kind of see where everyone's at versus down below. It's a little harder.
Speaker 1: I know, I've been I like going to hockey games as well. I've never been to an NHL game, but I've been to hockey games like college level, and I always had fun there. But yeah, it's like the communal aspect of it, like the live show aspect of it, the unpredictability of the show. It's not like you're going and seeing a set list. You're going to see something unpredictable. It's great, But yeah, I would say like the that's probably mine would be the beach.
Speaker 2: I thought of a real obvious one for me, yoga, where if you would have asked me in college or like, oh, what do you think yoga is, I'd be like, Oh.
Speaker 1: That's the hippie, nippy, new ag bullshit thing.
Speaker 3: I assume that's what college can do.
Speaker 2: Was to say no, I just would have like really belittled it quite a bit.
Speaker 1: And it's like he's he's changed.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, But I think when I say like, sorry, that's like rude. Uh, and it's a derogatory term, but I mean, I mean that like in a college gross boy way, I.
Speaker 2: Would have been anything that anything that read like new age or whatever. It's like, oh, this is bullshit. Like I would probably the same thing about meditation at a certain point. I remember you remember the show Penn and Teller's Bullshit. It was basically just these two Well here's one very loud libertarian guy being like, here's why this thing sucks and it's stupid. And that was the whole show, and it had like six seasons or something, and one of the episodes was yoga. And I liked the show, and yeah, this was just stretching. They're just stretching. This is stupid. It's not disperancy, parents, blah blah blah, meditative And it's like I always dismissed it. And then do you remember P ninety X, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yes, there remember P ninety X, who wouldn't shut up about right people.
Speaker 2: Got with Tim. Terry got me into when we were a game informer. So it's like, you know, like twenty ten or whatever, and I'm.
Speaker 3: Just looking Terry was a P ninety x er.
Speaker 2: Yes, he loved it. That's funny, Tim, I think would be okay with me saying this. Tim is such a kind hearted Minnesotan boy that he pirated P ninety X and it's oh yeah, and I did. He thought, you know what, I've gotten such good use out of this. I need to buy it and pay Tony Horton for you know, all that good he's brought to my life. Oh what a pure man that Tim Terry is. He's like, this man has helped me out. I'm going to pay for this.
Speaker 1: I still do some like calisthenics from like the ab Ripper DVD that he did, and I still I can hear him in my in my head sometimes saying like I hate this one, but I love it.
Speaker 2: See the same videos a million times. Remember Tony Warton bending over doing these like arm things, like you're just sturn up a big soup, but you know you got a nice bisk What do you got over there?
Speaker 1: You got a potato soup? You got it?
Speaker 4: Like that?
Speaker 2: Dumb shit? Yeah, But like I was doing that, and it was like each day would be some different so like oh it's upper body here, it's cardio for Thursdays and Wednesdays was yoga day, and I remember being like, all right, if I'm gonna try this thing, I'm gonna like actually follow.
Speaker 1: I got to be a.
Speaker 3: Real cool guy that I respect.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she wasn't like cool, but it was still like, this is like a workout program. Oh, this is just like a workout thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah for men, right, and I tried it.
Speaker 2: I was like, but then I immediately started going to classes and stuff and I was like the only dude in most of these, But it was like, no, this is a fucking great workout. I love it. Like I never attached it to any kind of like I think I mistakenly thought, and people still think that's about yoga. They don't know anything about yoga is that it's like, oh, everyone attaches some like mystical element to it, and you will get that. Like I've gone to enough actual yoga classes that you'll definitely get those teachers that are just like, oh, open the hard chakra or this and this is you know, they get way more flowery with the stuff. But then it is also just like a fucking workout, like I do the Elicon yoga stuff, like all the time out in.
Speaker 3: Your body to lift your own body weight.
Speaker 1: It was like there's there's like the Dragon where you're doing this for like at the end of the class for an hour or it's like for like ten minutes straight in your shoulders are just on fire.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oh no, there's like the power of Benasa Flow stuff that is just you know, really fast up and a lot of like you know, planks and basically push ups and things like that.
Speaker 3: Do pilates, Dan, I haven't.
Speaker 2: Done pilties that's on that is on peloton as well, and I've never tried it.
Speaker 3: I would be open to it, really like to hear what you think of pilates, because pilates is all like you're going to use all your body weight to do this move and it's very difficult.
Speaker 2: But yoga ask I should try it because like core strength has always been my weak point and you do need it for running. Oh it'll get you so like I do need to do more cour shit, So like I should do the peloton stuff.
Speaker 3: And I love I'd love to see what you think I've seen. I don't know why, but I think the Alger of the months on YouTube was like men doing pilates and it was all these like really strong men being like, oh, I.
Speaker 1: Wonder why it's hard.
Speaker 3: It's hard on your core, it's hard on your should try it on your on your muscles, and you have to you have to deal with your own weight.
Speaker 1: That's its purpose, body weight exercise.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, tell me, tell me how it goes.
Speaker 1: I have a friend who does a lot of solid core. Is that similar to Pilate's do you know? So? Yeah, it's like a newer one, but it's also like specific company doing like they have.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of forms.
Speaker 2: Okay, an orange orange fitness, orange theory whatever.
Speaker 3: I'm sure people who are really into it would probably be like, no, they're very different. But to me as an outsider who who like dabbles, I dabble in yoga, I dabble in pilates and dabble in all these things just to like mix it up, because I get bored with workout routines really fast, and so every two weeks I usually start a different program and do it until I get bored of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I've I've done a lot of different versions of them, but I'll never forget pilates.
Speaker 2: Okay, I gotta try it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, thank you, Nathan. I will get this last one. Thanks to Dan I have the song Bundle of Nerves playing in my head constantly. It's a waking nightmare, only lessened by the images of and by the image of Mike Manatti in a wig, appearing to be so frustrated he's trying to pull the fake hairs out of his head, and that one day Dan will us. It's only lessened also by the idea that one day Dan will indeed pay. So, what's the worst song you've ever had stuck in your head? Yours faithfully, Alex in Bendigo, Australia, probably like it's also the worst song would probably be Mombo number five.
Speaker 2: That's for You is incredible yep. Or he just won't stop cranking turn it off.
Speaker 1: That one guy legitimately freaking out with the far Backs. Oh, actually no, I have one other one. And this is like one of the things that Amanda was very surprised after we got married to learn that I knew most of the song country Girl by Luke Bryan by heart. I listened to a I had a friend when I was in Sarakee, still living there, Like there was a surprising amount of country music going around in Central New York. So I still to this day can remember most of Country Girl. I'm sorry, Yeah, that's unfortunate. I carry it with me.
Speaker 3: It's a bob when the lyrics get stuck in there. I have a I have a vivid memory of being in San Francisco working at at game spot, so poor and uh, really wanting to get a massage. I think I pulled something and I was like, oh, I think a massage will really fix me up. But I can't afford to get like a fancy massage from a fancy place. I'll go to one of those nail salons where I saw, you know, a sign in the window this and we also will do a massage and facial for like sixty bucks. And I was like, that's a good deal, like a sixty dollars massage. I'll just go there. And so I go to this. I book it in advance and I go and there's these curtains that separate you from the nail salon. It's not a room, it's curtains. And that was not a great start. But I was like, that's fine, this is a affordable massage. I just want someone to help me feel better. I can deal with it. And I get on the table and the ladies like uh has her own music. It's basically a boom box that's like in the corner and she's putting on a song or whatever, and she starts to massage me and the song comes on and it's Timber by Pitbull.
Speaker 1: And Kesha, Yes what it's massage.
Speaker 3: It's a nail salon. Yeah, And I remember being like this is so odd, but like again, it's a very affordable massage. It's a local place that's probably starting their business. I don't know, I'm going to leave it alone. And so it's just like I'm getting a massage, like I'm yelling Timber. Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's just like a.
Speaker 3: Very strange st So the song ends. I'm still getting my massage. The song starts up again. The entire Timber by Pitbull song plays a second time, and I'm like, that's weird. That should not happen in a playlist. That's uncomfortable. I didn't like it the first time, I definitely don't like it the second time. But I am not a complainer and I don't want to say anything. And so I sit there and get massaged for another round of Timber by Pitbull. The song ends, Timber by pit Bull plays a third time and I say, okay, I can't do it, and she goes, all right.
Speaker 6: Well, let me look, and she sides like messing with the fucking boom box to put on a different song, and she finally puts down like a calm you know, like water track where it's just like liquid, like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, and I'm eating there. She knew she had the other one ready because she knew at some point she would annoy someone with Timber.
Speaker 3: So I'm sitting there getting my massaged like running water and in my fucking head for the rest of this forty five minute massage. It was just like, let's make a net. You won't remember. It's like it's stuck. It was stuck in my head the rest of my day. This like fucking Pitbull song. So to this day, when I hear that song, I kind of I don't hate it, but I I laugh and I think of like the worst massage I've ever had when I kept hearing pibull.
Speaker 2: It's cheaper though, if you just let it play pipple the whole time, they give your discount for something.
Speaker 3: I think she everyone seemed fine with it, but me, I was the only person that was like is this is this acceptable to everyone else here? Like, I don't understand how you can play this once, let alone three times and think I'm not going to say something.
Speaker 2: Mine was like a three month period in nineteen ninety nine. I was working at AMC thirty theaters inlate the Kansas and we I think it was probably the summer because I remember working there like every day like long shifts and stuff, and we would get these CDs every month and it was movie tunes and it was just the background music that would play at the theaters basically, and you know, it was just like it was like the CD length, so it's like what like an hour and a half maybe, because you know, people wouldn't would just hear while they in line for Popcorn River, but we would hear it on repeat every day. And I remember living Levita Loco is on there. That's fine, But I think this must have been really popular or just came out or they paid to be on movie tunes or whatever. That song Smooth by Carlos Santana and Rob Thomas.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that was.
Speaker 2: It's also It's Jimps and Chimps in About the mid Day Son that one that was on that season like three times. So every day I was hearing that song like dozens of times, and for some reason, we didn't get new movie tune CDs for like a couple months, so there was a stretch of like three like It's probably the song I've heard the most in my life because of that.
Speaker 1: I've thought about this before. I used to hate getting a song stuck in my head. Now I don't mind it as much, And I wonder if it used to be more annoying because we'd have it stuck in our head and then we'd have like those five CDs in our car or that one cassette tape, whereas now it's like, I think it's harder for a song to get stuck on heavy because we have access to Spotify like any song we want in our pocket. So maybe it's not like I'm not tied to like Danny California was stuck in my head for like years because we just had Stadium Arcadium in the car. Su great song still, but like I still I have other options if I want to go away from like snow Hao every once in a while.
Speaker 2: That's very specific. Yeah, just just one of Stadium Arcadian.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Mars, Yeah, I don't think that if you had to listen to Santana for the rest of your life that you would be like, I don't mind it. I don't mind having Santana in my head for the rest of my days.
Speaker 1: It's weird that I will have the eras.
Speaker 2: I'll have eras of my life where it's like I will have one song that is the song that I default to. You could ask Jason ah Striker any fucking time we were getting ready to start a video replay a game informer a quick look at Giant Bomb, I would be humming without even realizing it, Uh, take me Home Tonight by Eddie Money Run Babe, my little baby. I would just feel like and he would like remember one time he started singing and I was like, wait, did you know I would He's like, dang, you've been humming that for like five years or something.
Speaker 3: Wow. That would get to me.
Speaker 2: I would say, take me Home Tonight was like five to twenty sixteen, and then I had a period, let's say twenty sixteen to like twenty twenty three where it was the Stroke by Billy Squire or like Merma Stroke. May Maybe it's.
Speaker 1: Maybe you're singing these songs for us as if we don't know the song, just sure.
Speaker 2: But these are in my head for many years time, and for some reason, the last like three years it has just been the limbo song.
Speaker 4: Deeper It, Burtter Jack Dunder, Candlestick, Jerk Brander canderstick that one. Actually then you do a limbo rock Hey, hell can you go? That was like, it's fucking insane.
Speaker 2: It's in my head.
Speaker 3: The lyric Candlestick was in there because I had no idea what you were singing.
Speaker 2: Every fucking day, I will just be walking Like I was living with Kaila for like two months when I was waiting for my house to close, and at one point she was like, stop fucking singing the lingo limbo song.
Speaker 3: That would drive me absolutely bonkers.
Speaker 4: Do that.
Speaker 2: Like to this day, I was probably humming it a man.
Speaker 1: It gets mad at me because I like, like, we'll sing stuff like that around the house and get earworms in her head. Yeah, some of them I just make up when I'm doing something. But like I've been a Billy Joel phase lately. And have you heard the song down Easter Alexa. It's just an entire ballad about a guy who lives like on Long Island. He's a fisherman and he has to sell his house and live on his boat and fish because there's no money in being just the bait man at the docks anymore. It's crazy.
Speaker 2: Around the house.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it sounds like everybody loves it. It sounds like nobody's upset. You're singing downs.
Speaker 1: Just I'll just break out shower when I'm cooking like.
Speaker 3: That, like you're an opera singer. I am man, go down.
Speaker 1: No, My my falsetto is my bravados. I don't know. The difference are fucking legendary. I can really, I can lilt.
Speaker 3: Every man thinks they can do a falsetto, and every man is wrong.
Speaker 1: I do not think I can thank you.
Speaker 2: Oh really, it's still id of like the I believe in a thing called love.
Speaker 3: That's like, that's a very intense version of it. I would say, like it's usually when a guy raises his voice an unextractive but that's that's almost like a silly version of it. Like I don't think, but I think a falsetto is more like when a guy sings in a high high voice, okay, but sweetly softly, And it's still very difficult to do.
Speaker 1: God rewatching mcgoober the other night. I still think every time we watch that movie. My favorite bit, the one that like I have to pause the movie is when he's like, what about your singing career? She's like, it can wait?
Speaker 2: Do you just stick rendering the credits. They have that whole song christ and Wig and will Porte the rock my body that it's incredible.
Speaker 1: Rock rock rock rock rock mine. I also just love like it goes on un commented on just her obsession with owls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's great.
Speaker 1: They don't mention it at all, aside from putting a ship a ton of them in the in the house pays off.
Speaker 2: After you watched it fifty sixty times, you'll notice a little there's some very subtle jokes and very not subtle jokes in that movie.
Speaker 1: Yep, all right, well thank you Alex from Bendigo. That's our show. Like I said, fire Escape Cast at gmail dot com. Get that inbox overflowing like it Tusca Lake down the Mississippi, like.
Speaker 3: Dan is a cool ranch in bug snacks, Like.
Speaker 1: Dan's cool ranch puddle in bug snacks. Get that get that inbox.
Speaker 3: Oohs, and you're like a banana walking around with your wiener out walking through bug snacks?
Speaker 1: Wait, what would yours be?
Speaker 2: Did we? We got?
Speaker 1: We got the puddles, we got the puddle of cool ranch, We got the banana. What's yours?
Speaker 2: I don't know your your anthropomorphic banana, human cock, human shiman.
Speaker 3: Dick out of an open banana? Yes, and a puddle of cool ranch. No dorito?
Speaker 1: No, I was.
Speaker 3: You have to be clear with your words when I.
Speaker 2: Say cool ranch. Trust me, I'm thinking about a dorito.
Speaker 3: Nobody knows that.
Speaker 1: Oh come on, really, no, I just didn't register. But yeah, Mary, what's yours? Quick?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I didn't think about it. I should have been on.
Speaker 1: The spot when I came up with banana dick wine bottle.
Speaker 3: I came up with banana dick, sir, Oh you did, thank you? Yeah you do mine?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: A cores like can I did not.
Speaker 3: With two legs coming.
Speaker 2: Out of it, with two legs with bowling shoes on, and the video patrons are really feasting this week?
Speaker 1: Yep, and and uh and then got any one more detail to really sell it stick in people's heads, and a dick here and then the head and then yeah, a human dick coming out two dicks. I've always wanted to.
Speaker 3: Have two dicks. This is my magical happy place that I will go to after the show because I'm allowed to go anywhere that I want.
Speaker 1: One one dick.
Speaker 3: You know, we got range.
Speaker 2: You know, we get range as a podcast when we can be this. Mugenics humor is a bit.
Speaker 1: Here's here's the pairing list from my trip to a Ruba. Ja.
Speaker 3: Edit this so that we say Musgenics is a little distasteful and then say two dicks, one for sucking and one for fucking. Maybe Mugenics is perfect.
Speaker 1: It's real good.
Speaker 2: I'm glad it came around.
Speaker 3: Maybe there's nothing wrong with it and it's totally fine. Watchcats fucking and given birth.
Speaker 1: Dying. Yeah, if you do want the video version of the show, you can go to our Patreon, go to firescape cast dot com, or to deep dish Pussy dot com, which I did re up. We still have the domain. It's a business expense good. You can also get ad free episodes, or you can just treat it like a tip jar if you appreciate what we do and like listening to our normal ad filled episodes. We will be back in two weeks. However, before then, Dan, what do you have going on in the meantime.
Speaker 2: Giintbomb dot com. Check out the new website. Check out we got new stuff going on. We're doing new premium shows. We got Abby Russell kicking up her new show any day now depending on when you're listening to this, and some other stuff very much in the works that we look forward to announcing very soon. Maybe even listeners this podcast would be particularly interested in.
Speaker 3: Cool. I love Abby. It's awesome to hear her joining forces with you guys again, and it's cool that you're able to do that for people that really I think what's neat about this new version of Giant Bomb is like you don't need to like ask for permission. You can just be like, we like this person, You're back, and I think that's sick.
Speaker 2: We can just pick and yes, we got her doing a Tomadauci life dating game show basically, which is I feel it's kind of a spiritual successor to yea, yeah, No. We're all dating and there are different like good ones on the island for us edate that we get more points for and bad ones if we date them. And then there's also a roving shack Shaquille O'Neal, and he's worth the most points if you date Shack. But there's also an evil Shack named Shat, and if you date him, you lose a bunch of points. So I was really put together something special here, and that's gonna.
Speaker 3: Be very special.
Speaker 1: John Bom, Mike, what are you up to? Vinnie and I are still playing Total War Warhammer three. I think we're getting toward the end of each campaign, but they're definitely very, very eventful. We are playing the good campaign. He's playing as Imrick and the High Elves and the Dragon Collectors. I'm playing as Oxeaddle, the chameleon who goes in and out of the realms of chaos and just kind of like polices the world that's heating up on fire Escape. You'll get that if you're a video patron, and if you're not a patron for Nextlander, go do so because we are playing a separate also co op campaign for Next Lander content as evil characters, and Vinnie's being the skull Taker. He's actually really cool. He's one of those characters that might convert you. Dan He's not going to, but he's a demon with a cape made of skulls pretty cool.
Speaker 2: I'm I'll get into Warhammer at some point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it'll then you'll have another thing that you were resistant to, and then you love.
Speaker 2: I play a little space marine. I'm like, oh wait, maybe Warhammer's cool.
Speaker 1: Oh that's sci fi. That's forty k oh gets confusing talking fantasy.
Speaker 3: There's just no I'm talking fantasy.
Speaker 2: You can't have any two different things.
Speaker 1: I'll let them know, but we'll be back in two weeks with episode one twenty seven of the fire Escape Cast. Thank you for joining us.
Speaker 3: Also stream on twitch.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Mary stream, did I ask you what you were doing?
Speaker 2: So you were quiet for an uncomfortable period of time since she filled the dead air by asking you what you were doing? Is what happened was, yeah, I've clearly finished my thing, and then it was dead air for like just good four seconds. And Mary's like, how about you bike?
Speaker 1: What was I doing looking down? Losing it?
Speaker 3: It's the banana.
Speaker 1: I'm I don't even remember zoning out.
Speaker 2: Oh check the video. You're just like looking down, just a marriage the ball.
Speaker 1: Oh I've been playing with this fidgeting You've.
Speaker 2: Had important work, Okay, Yeah, it's.
Speaker 3: Fidgeting with some little toy.
Speaker 1: Oh to do you guys wait, have you have we talked about a fidget tool before? Do you guys have a fidget tool tools?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Told me about this gimick. Heure.
Speaker 1: I like this guy I got. I got the one that's got different things on each side of the cube.
Speaker 2: I've got one of the cubes.
Speaker 1: They're nice and the metal ball is nice. It clicks. I like these. I should have had this out. That would have been less weird to hold out than this cap to a water bottle. Sorry, Mary, What do you have going on ice.
Speaker 3: Stream on Twitch? It's 'e the same update as always ice stream on Twitch. I will say because I think this episode will go up on a Monday. I did my first ever Steam collection associated with wholesome games for the American Heart Association. So it's February if you all are interested. It's only available until the seventeenth. So unfortunately, if you see this late, it'll be too late. But I'm going to do these again. I think it's cool. It's a collection of games. It includes Peak, it includes what is it called a Short Hike? Oh my gosh, I love that game Fasmophobia. Anyway, buying those games a portion of all the proceeds goes to the American Heart Association. Because it is February, it's art month. Heart disease is like the leading cause of death worldwide. It's crazy. So, uh, this is a good opportunity to buy a game and a portion of the proceeds goes to basically the American Heart Association. How that was awesome as that anyway, So I put together this collection. Maybe we can link to it, no obligation, but it's kind of cool that all these games they did this on their own accord. We organized it. Shout out to Wholesome Games who helped U put it together and and and helped me launch this. I'm really proud of it.
Speaker 1: Nice cool, that was great anyway, We'll be back in two weeks anyway, Bye bye
Speaker 3: U.