Speaker 1: Thank you for choosing to download the ham Radio two point zero audio podcast RIP. This is the audio taken out of a video or a livestream I did recently. You can catch all my videos on YouTube Ham Radio two point zero and catch us live every Sunday night at seven pm Central Standard Time for a different topic each week. Thank you for the support and thank you for being a member of the community.
Speaker 2: I appreciate everyone being out there tonight.
Speaker 1: Several familiar faces in the chat and where are we at? Okay, We're gonna go right here for the moment. Good evening, Happy Sunday. Thank you for joining us. We are one week less than one week away from the Huntsville Hamfest happening next weekend Saturday and Sunday. Of course, Friday is the Poda all day Poda at Montasano State Park. Hope that you guys can join us when when you can, so if you're going to if you're going to attend that event, I hope that you can get there early on Friday and join us at the park because it's always a fun time. Special shout out to folks in the green text in the chat. I saw Kooley in their first ka nine q z G. Of course Kevin was in their next KM one X and Andy Kelly was in there earlier. What's up guys, Wayne Tom WB seven O U T Tom and then other other Tom KB KB eight d x N Tom Wayne Randall Randall k R five EE. We worked him from Yellowstone several times, several parks we activated on that trip. Randall was out there calling back to us hunting PoTA parks. So thanks for being out there, karmit, see you in there, Andy AA zero A M see you in there. Uh ed A C three I K Joseph Mark K four y A C. Thank you for joining us tonight. Guys, appreciate everyone being here. And uh, let's see audio level sounds fine here? Kevin says, yeah, make sure you're And he was here before YouTube existed. That's probably true. Uh yeah, let us Uh somebody said that. The somebody said that the audio was still low, but it should be. Okay, I listened to it before I muted myself or muted my YouTube. I should say, let me know how it sounds there. Uh, let's see this is good right here? K O four T d A Oh no, no, that's that's the wrong one. That's the wrong one. Oh there it is ed A C three. I k the destroyer of Jankopotomus has sent me. Ah, that's what I was looking for. Good deal, Okay, Sean, welcome back. Haven't made the live stream in a few weeks. Appreciate you jumping on there tonight. So I sent out an email. So tonight's gonna be kind of like a interactive something with the with you guys the chat. So I'm gonna be watching the chat a little bit more tonight than what I would normally do on the start. Try to watch the chat all the time, but I'm gonna try to watch it a little bit more tonight than what I normally do. I think Frank's gonna join me. I haven't actually talked to Frank today, but he was just live on his channel. They were talking about Carlos's jump at Huntsville next weekend. So I caught the last tail end of that. Thank you erin You're good on audio. Mike Army is here. That's always good to see. Smoke signals RF, what's up is O? First time watching you live CA seven EBO. Thank you Michael, appreciate your being here so uh so I'm just gonna kind of I've got a few things I'm working on I want to talk to you guys about and I want to get I want to ask your opinions on a few things and want to get some input from the chat. So that's what we're gonna be doing tonight. So anybody that's got a question about next weekend, about anything we talk about tonight, feel free to put it in the chat and and I will try to watch that as much as possible. I'm pretty sure Frank's gonna join us as well. He probably went to go get another drink, refill something like that, so because he was just streaming for the last hour, I am will be right, I am will be right there, okay, So that we know Frank, nobody's taken over Frank's keyboard when we see typing like that. So it's good, okay, I am will be waiting for you, Frank.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 1: Frank's gonna make his beans at Huntsville next week. And let me tell you, guys, that's a treat. That is a treat. Trust me, I don't know some of you Northerner guys may not appreciate that as much as I know Carlos will like it. I think in Yo will probably like it too. I think in Yo will probably like the hot Auben eurobeans also, but I don't know. Some of you guys are a little bit more sensitive to hot foods may not like it, but they are a fantastic treat. So I'm looking forward to it and Ram Radio Tectonics. Bill's in the chat. What's uh?
Speaker 2: What's up? Bill?
Speaker 1: Bill? Where you stay in next weekend? Have you got a campsite? Have you got a hotel room where you stay? I'm pretty sure you'll be there. I'm pretty sure. Last time we spoke about Huntsville, Bill, you said you would be there.
Speaker 2: But we will see. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Bill's had Franks beans, No, no Carolina reapers. He sometimes he'll use ghost pepper. He usually uses auben nuro. And trust me when I say that aubennuros are hot enough. If it gets so hot, they lose. It's just heat and no flavor. I personally don't like it. I can eat stuff that hot. Sometimes it usually gives me the hiccups if I eat something that's too hot. But I like to be able to taste the flavor, and the flavor needs to be something other than a blow towards being held in your tongue. So that's my personal opinion. But you know, might be at a campsite at the last turn before you get to Okay, all right, cool Bill, Well, let us know where you're gonna end up and what day you're getting there. We're pulling in Wednesday evening. In fact, I need to talk to Frank after the stream tonight because I've got some ideas about what time i want to leave on Wednesday morning. We're gonna drive through and hit that the whole time. All right, Frank has joined us. Do you lose your glass?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I know, I know, I know, I know. I'm turning that on. Did you lose your glasses?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Contexts Oh, weren't you just wearing glasses in the last stream?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Oh, I have the restroom. You have those windows really small, and I was watching it on my top screen up here, so I just missed it.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I'll create the grocy list now is as Scorpion Peppers, Ghost Peppers, Hobbin Naro Tai Chili Peppers, Hobbin Arrows. Am I missing anything?
Speaker 1: Are you putting all that in there?
Speaker 3: Sir?
Speaker 1: No, I'm gonna do money have like three people. You have like three people who are able to eat it, and Carlos is probably one of them.
Speaker 3: Hey, if we're just gonna be hanging out, you know, I can get Carlos in here and have some fun with us and Scott if you like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those guys are those guys are welcome to join us? Sure, yeah'll y'all go right ahead. They've got the same zoom link it always is. So way to pay attention. Hey man, it's Frank. I see him all the time. And when I see him, like, oh, there's Frank, I'll listen to him, but I don't look at him too much. So project projectile beans.
Speaker 2: It's good.
Speaker 3: I sent them the message there if they're gonna come, come, But yeah, man, I'm looking forward to doing that. Kyle said he's gonna hit me up with a crop pot. I need to sit down and actually project out when you know this is my normal one pound bean recipe and see how big that crop pot is and say, all right, this is gonna be the five pound bean recipe. Oh that just sounds like it's gonna hurt. And and to be honest, it is, you know, not that clean up, clean up that that pot afterwards. Is can can be fun.
Speaker 1: But Kyle has a pressure washer in his hiker trailer, so he's sneezing. He'll sneeze about seven times in a row. What's up, Carlos, Oh, you know, just just hanging out?
Speaker 2: Good an me fun? Good?
Speaker 4: Oh you fellas?
Speaker 2: Oh man? What's the weather looking like for next weekend? Buddy?
Speaker 1: I didn't get a chance to watch Frank stream. I'm sure y'all talked about that, you.
Speaker 4: Know, we didn't talk about the weather. I looked at the weather earlier this afternoon, and it's looking jumpable. Partly cloudy on Saturday, partly cloudy on Sunday, thirty chance of rain on Friday. But it was still early.
Speaker 2: The forecast can change.
Speaker 1: Well, keep an eye on it, Okay, good because when I looked two days ago, I think it was we were in Iowa for the last few days, and when I look, we were driving back and I looked and it was showing like a twenty to twenty five percent chance on Friday and Saturday. And I'm like, you know what, every time every year, when we look at that a week beforehand, it usually gets pushed back like a day or two, so fingers crossed it actually won't rain until Sunday.
Speaker 4: Well, I would love I would love for that to happen. I would love for the rain to be pushed on Monday.
Speaker 1: Really well yeah, agreed, agreed.
Speaker 3: But yeah, so I'll tell you when I know solar comes to my friend. When they stop saying God bless you, they either wait for the last one or they start counting.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's that's the way it works. Yeah, Kyle, what's up, dude? Yeah, I was just talking about you. So Kyle texted me today and he goes, hey, So I bought a brand new Blackstone grill, similar to the one Kyle has, but I got the wind the wind guarded one, the one with the wind guard around it. It's called the Omnivore. I don't I think they're kind of all the same. Really, it looks just like his.
Speaker 3: It should be just the same with just with the wind guards.
Speaker 1: I think that's what it is. It's two burners. It's twenty two inches. I got it with the stand and the hose that will go to a twenty pound propound bottle. It comes with a little adapter for the for the little two pound one pound green bottle to pound whatever. But I got the hose. Yeah, I got the hose to go to the twenty pound bottle. We got both my twenty pound bottles filled up in preparation for whatever. You know, propane doesn't go bad if I don't use him before November. I will definitely use him in November. But Kyle texts me, he's like, you bring in your blackstone, And at first I thought I was gonna, but then Steve kol four AFL said he's bringing his big thirty six inch black bestone. So I don't know if I need to bring mine. I've replied to you, Kyle, and I didn't get a I didn't get a response. So but I know you're out doing photo because I was getting hammler. It's all during church this morning. Oh Kyle's on c W. Oh no, Kyle's on sidemand oh no, Kyle's on CW. You make up your mind, dude, you were doing both. So he was doing uh, he was out.
Speaker 4: There, yeah, w on one side and the.
Speaker 2: Mus be it must be it.
Speaker 1: So so I have the blackstone, I can't bring it. But if we're gonna be uh, if we're gonna be inundated with blackstones. I'm not can bring mine. I'm bringing enough stuff already, So I'm bringing the I'm bringing the hex beam, the buddy heckx, I'm bringing my awning. I'm gonna put my I'm I'm planning to put my awning up over our picnic table at the camp site. If it rains, it's done rain, I probably won't jack with it.
Speaker 2: But you know that's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but so and I'm bringing a few other things. Mike has a cell phone booster. He wants me to bring my fifty foot gigabarts masked. We're gonna put a cell phone booster at the camp site to see if that helps the signal because if you guys remember in years past, there is no cell service on top of that mountain.
Speaker 3: Starlink on top of that mountain.
Speaker 1: No can't get starlink because of all the trees, you can't get clear line of sight to the sky. So I'm not gonna even bring the starlink I brought it the last two years is completely worthless. I'm not even putting it in the truck this time. Waste of space.
Speaker 4: Why don't you just bring a big chainsaw?
Speaker 1: They kind of frown on that at state parks.
Speaker 4: I don't know, just tell them it's just Alabama.
Speaker 1: It's just Alabama.
Speaker 4: So yeah, no, you know, the thing is you're not an Alabella resident as soon as you clear up before they figured out who did it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's true. Yeah they you might. You might not get invited back next year, though, so.
Speaker 4: But you go, that's where you go next year, you go.
Speaker 2: I mean, nobody is has.
Speaker 5: No comprendo, so no tango whatever the word is for chainsaw.
Speaker 3: No take a chainsaw. Ten pounds of or ten pounds of bacon for the burgers, ten pounds of bacon.
Speaker 1: That will not that will not go to waste, and it might not be enough. So yeah, no, that's good, that's good.
Speaker 2: Thank you. W zero g cg C g C great.
Speaker 3: But man, I'm looking forward to this. It's gonna be a blast.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's gonna be blast.
Speaker 3: So you're talking about face page and trying to create a.
Speaker 1: New well to think, Well, first of all, let me let me and you guys will beat you.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna take you guys off the screen for a second, but you'll still be able to talk in the background. I want to give two shout outs. First, well, I want to give one shout out and I want to thank everybody who has used my Amazon page for whatever reason. I did an Amazon Lie Amazon Prime email last month and ever since then, Amazon's been really kind of on fire. You guys been great with using the Amazon links. I'll put a link to it in the chat real quick. Thank you for using that when you can, because it does help to uh, to support the channel, move it forward. And I want to give a big shout out right here to the tech Prepper. This boy got fifty six thousand new subscribers in the last twenty eight days. He went from like fifty five thousand to one hundred and ten thousand subs. What he's got, Yeah, I don't know what he's doing.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but he's doing something right.
Speaker 1: So his last four or five videos have done really really well. Uh, he's doing a one hundred thousand viewer giveaway. I need to be on that man, right Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, so yeah, if he keeps going like that, he's gonna pass me pretty soon. I don't know, but he's doing bug out bag stuff. Daily comps. How to set up an off grid Windows ten machine now see I can get behind. That's something I can get behind. He didn't do how to set up an off grid Apple machine, because Apple will be you know, like Skynet and trying to trying to kill you when the grid goes down. But you know, Windows is pretty tame, I think most of the time, pretty easy to use. I don't know, but no, seriously, huge, huge shout out to gastone one hundred and ten thousand subscribers. That was cool to see. I texted him like, I'm like, dude, that is freaking awesome. So that's massive, you know, Yeah, yeah, it really is.
Speaker 4: You have to be at one hundred thousand before you can actually start making any real money on YouTube, right.
Speaker 1: Not necessarily, I mean no, not necessarily.
Speaker 4: I mean my channel finally monetized to like three weeks ago, and I've made like nine dollars.
Speaker 1: It's like, yeah, he yay, hey man, you know for them to cut that check, you know. Sean Cannell says many times, because I watch him a lot, Think Media, Think Media podcast and whatnot, he says that he remembers when he made his first two dollars and forty four cents or whatever it was on on ad Sense. He's like, oh, and he didn't get paid, of course, because they don't pay out until reach one hundred dollars. But he's like, I made two dollars and forty four cents. And he looked at it with a very positive outlook, and he's like, that's the start of something. That is where everything everybody starts from zero, and now I have surpassed zero, and I have nowhere to go but up from here.
Speaker 2: And look at him now, he.
Speaker 1: Did a video three or four five years ago about how he made forty thousand dollars in one month from Amazon affiliates. So I'm like, I could I could live on that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's very manageable, folks.
Speaker 2: Oh boy. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So people are saying gas tone was demonetized.
Speaker 3: I don't see that. Several times. I don't. I don't know what's going on there.
Speaker 1: I don't know, you know what. I hope that's not true. If it is, I don't really I mean, you know, like, if my channel was just explode like that, I don't know if I'd really cares. Most most YouTube groups will tell you that ad sense is actually the last thing you should look at. Just forget about ad sense and focus on brand deals and affiliate lengths. Affiliate I shared you guys with my I shared my Amazon store a MINUTEO affiliate lengths. That's that's really kind of where it's at. AD sense is cool, Getting monetized is cool. I tell everyone they should monetize today because YouTube's going to put commercials. This didn't used to be true. They changed this a few years ago. YouTube's going to put commercials and ads on your channel, whether you're monetized or not, so you might as well. You might as well take because they pay creators sixty percent of ad revenue, so they keep forty percent and they pay you sixty percent. Or you can just say no, I don't want to run ads at all, and you get nothing, but they're gonna still run out of it. You might as well take what you can get. And if you don't want to make money for him. I told Adam this a long time ago. I was like Adam and Charlie were both like, no, I don't want to turn ads on him where they're gonna run him anyway. Why don't you take that money? Yeah, take that money and send it to whatever hand radio charity you want to At the end of the month.
Speaker 3: Well before they weren't running ads unless you were actually flipping your monetization, then it makes sense. Yeah, but now I'm just like you might as well. And that was actually they changed that right before I got monetized, and that was irking me a little bit. I'm like, why are you putting ads here? I'm not getting a dime out?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and that's yeah, I know.
Speaker 4: That's the reason I wanted my channel monetized. It was like, you know, what if if they're going to roll ads no matter what, right, I may as well make a buck out of it. Yeah, totally, yeah, he said. Uh frequency frontiers Ky four GM says he said that in his last video, which I've not his one hundred thousand subscriber video.
Speaker 2: I have not watched.
Speaker 1: I was on the road when he released that, and I've been busy since I got home. I'll try to Maybe I'll try to watch that later tonight, but I have not have.
Speaker 3: You given any details on what happened or.
Speaker 2: I don't know?
Speaker 3: All right, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Sure, nice topic, but but the point of the live well, what I said on the live stream and the title of my email that I sent out was should I create a new Facebook page.
Speaker 2: Now, So.
Speaker 1: Long story short, what happened was and I did it. I did a live stream on a Wednesday about this earlier this year, but this was before May. And as as you should know, if you've been watching me for a while, they YouTube deleted the Thursday before him Vention. So the Wednesday before him Vension, we're sitting around the campsite. We did a two hour live stream. We had about three or four hundred you nice folks watching us on the live stream and we're just we're just rag chewing. We're talking about nothing because we're getting we're gearing up for Hamvention. I've done that for the last three years, done it live stream from the campsite on Wednesday. It's really fun. I plan to do it again next year. Get a lot of really good feedback from that, a lot to share a lot of what's going on with Ham venchon. Well the way, the next morning, I woke up in every live stream from January to that day of twenty twenty four, every live stream I'd done in twenty twenty four was just gone, just gone. None of my videos were gone, none of my uploads were gone. Just the live streams so open a ticket with YouTube. Went back and forth for a day or two and they're like, no, you have an admin that deleted them. I'm like, dude, there's no admin on my channel. Nobody can upload or delete anything from my channel.
Speaker 2: Exception.
Speaker 1: Well, they probably they probably get this complaint a lot. You know, I don't know. I mean, you got to think of how large YouTube is. So and so they did some research and they said that was their first kind of knee jerk reaction. They did some research and they're like, no, you're right, you're right, nobody deleted anything. We don't know where those went. And I said, well, you guys deleted them, that's what happened. They were like, well, we don't delete videos because we make money just like you do. And I'm like, look, I'm not saying you did it on purpose, but I didn't do it. And the other person who has access to my channel besides me is you, So you have to it was a glitch somewhere. Anyway, that video that where I talked about my Facebook page just disappearing overnight or I'm sorry, it's not my Facebook. My original Facebook page is still out there. My account got hacked because I tried to log in. I tried to open up Facebook on my laptop. It told me it said, you need to log back in again. I'm like, well, that's weird, but okay, so I click on the thing. I put in my password and it said, okay, we're gonna send you an authorization code because I have two factor authentication on almost everything, so we're gonna send you a six digit authorization code to your phone number. And it came up and it gave the last four digits of the phone number, and that was not my phone number. I'm like, oopsh, no, that's not me, guys, so open a ticket with them. I've sent hundreds of emails to them over the last four months or what however long. It's been nothing. Absolutely no response to them. What yeah, uh email, Absolutely no response from them whatsoever. I pinged them on Twitter a few times when it first happened. I got a lot of spambots coming back. I can get your channel back for fifty nine dollars. I'm like, sure you can't, so yeah. But but absolutely no response from them at all. So I created a new account, which if you read their tos, you're not really supposed to do that, but I did it anyway.
Speaker 3: Who cans because you broke my account and you're not given it back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but see, my page is still there. If you go to Facebook dot com forward slash ham radio to my original page is still there. And my mistake was not making my wife an admin on the page, because she could have been admitting the page for me, and then when I created my new account, she could make my new account admin on the page.
Speaker 3: So is there a difference between admin and owner because there's you the owner's last creator.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so there's It's like YouTube, It's like you have different levels of aderators and admins that can do different things. So so yeah, I mean you can.
Speaker 2: You could.
Speaker 1: I may or may not get ownership back of it, but at least she would be able to give me admin status and I could post stuff there. So I might be a little bit limited on it, but I don't know. Yeah, I'm not leaving YouTube, guys. But what I said was h yeah, So Chris says, hell no, avoid Facebook. One of the happiest choices I made have been off Facebook since Christmas twenty twenty. Use the messager app.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: Well, quite frankly, the only thing I used on Facebook was my page. I there there were a few overlanding groups I would participate in, or hand radio groups I would participate in, but for the most part, I just use my page. I don't think i'd posted my personal account in like three years.
Speaker 3: And I'm going to agree with that sentiment percent. I'm over the the your personal page, the the all that other garbage that comes with it. I have been Facebook free for years and I love it. I call my relatives that actually want to talk to him instead of I did did you see your last post? You know, I'm disgruntled with it. No, I'm calling to find out about you. Yeah, And I'm over it. And I'm kind of on the same page with Facebook. I created a tank radio page and I admitted it for a little bit, but then I dropped it.
Speaker 1: See I just and and Bob our Funder. Bob is real big on face. People are talking about Facebook Messenger in the chat, and I'm like, I don't even like Facebook Messenger. But my my gym trainer, he's on Facebook Messenger. Bob's on Facebook Messenger. A couple other people I know were I'm fixed, so I have it, but I don't use that. If that was all I used. I would have just been like, I'm not going back over there. So but but as I said in my original livestream that got deleted, I when I would put up a post, So when you can, So when you put a post up on and before Elon Musk got a hold of Twitter, you could post something on Instagram and have it repeat and have it simul post to both Twitter and a Facebook page. Okay, you can't. You can't do Twitter anymore.
Speaker 2: Elon must turn that off.
Speaker 1: And that's that's that's okay.
Speaker 2: That's okay. You can if you use if this and that, Yes you can.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it used to be inside of the Instagram app. Yeah, yeah, there's probably a way to do that. That's true. But I would put up a post on Instagram. I would use the Instagram app. I would put up a post about this event's coming up, or here's some pictures for him vention, or here's a new radio, orre's a new intenta, or's me out and pot us something whatever, and I would post it to Instagram, my Facebook page and Twitter, and by far, by far, and now wish this wasn't true, but this is the truth. By far, more people liked it, interacted with it and commented it, commented on it on Facebook than anywhere else. I've got over nine thousand, almost ten thousand followers on Twitter. I've got seventy two hundred ish on Instagram. And at the time before I lost access to my Facebook page, I only had twenty five hundred, so it had the least amount of followers in the most the largest amount of interaction.
Speaker 3: To kind of agree with that and understand it, where was our largest demographic in our audience, right? And what social media platform do that demographic use?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 3: And I'm not putting down what our fans are people. I love them all, but I'm just talking troops here. The majority of them use Facebook a lot. And anytime you talk about some type of group outside of our YouTube sphere, it's always hey, join our Facebook page, Join our Facebook page? Did you join our Facebook page on our hand radio group? For the club? Why does your club have a Facebook page? Right?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: Why is your club's face page the only sorts of information?
Speaker 4: And if you really, if you really want to mix it up, travel outside of the US. Yes, Facebook is it, man. Facebook is the Internet and a lot of places, and it's because Facebook, Uh, underwrite Internet access for a lot of places based on the fact that you know, for example, when I go to Guatemala, you you buy a SIM and you get so many gigs of data, but anything you do on anything data doesn't count. So yeah, there's you don't use your phone number, you use WhatsApp, you don't use you know, you message using WhatsApp, you post things on Facebook and on Instagram because it's all.
Speaker 2: It's all.
Speaker 4: You can have the cheapest phone package and you're able to communicate because all that stuff is underwritten by meta.
Speaker 2: And in a lot of.
Speaker 4: Countries that's the case where Facebook is the Internet.
Speaker 3: Right, I'm going to on a Chrisandia life here. Discord is good, yes, but it's for a neat high tech person to get down get that downloaded, and get me and understand how to use it and not get annoyed with how if you don't have it configured right all the messages and notifications.
Speaker 1: It said, oh, yeah, true, but we have but we have that. We have a Discord server. And several years ago I had a I had a I had a Facebook group, and some clubs I know have Facebook groups, and some clubs I know have their own Discord servers.
Speaker 2: I had a Facebook group except for several years.
Speaker 1: And I finally kind of gave up the disc uh the Facebook group about the time I created my Discord server, and I was like, hey, guys, here's the link to my discord server.
Speaker 2: I'm not using Facebook group anymore.
Speaker 1: I didn't delete the group, but I told everybody I would go in there about once a month, once every couple of months, and I'd go, hey, I don't check messages here anymore. Join us on Discord. Join us on Discord. Anybody listening to the chat right now, We're on Team Replay. If you want to join us on Discord, Ham Radio two dot com, Forward slash Discord. We're on there all the time. There's a lot of really good discussions that go on there. So stay off of Facebook, go on Discord. But the Facebook page, Yeah, And I had a troll come by that live stream before it got taken down, and his exact comment was, imagine being a grown man with a Facebook page. Just imagine so implying that there are kids on Facebook. And I'm like, you are so out of touch with reality. There are no kids on Facebook, guys. No, they're on WhatsApp or yeah, WhatsApp, or they're on Snapchat or Instagram maybe or whatever the new thing is. They are not on freaking Facebook. There are no kids on Facebook. But there are people from our demographic and older on Facebook. And I'm not saying that's good, bad, or ugly. I'm just saying that that's how it is. So, so yes, join us on Discord. Discord is not confusing poll. So if you need a crash course, and maybe I'll just make a video about a crash course at Discord.
Speaker 4: Here's the thing I mean, it's not it's not hard. Discord is the new version of of I r C. And all of us are old enough to remember I r C.
Speaker 2: So true, you have no excuse. Mm hmm. It's images.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I wanted to create a Facebook page, a new Facebook page, so i'd actually did that before the stream started. So you can see right now I have zero likes and zero followers because I just created this thing, all right, so, and I don't have a custom U r L for it yet. I gotta I gotta go look up there. It wasn't immediately when I was going through all the steps to create the page. It wasn't immediately obvious about how to create a custom r L. Because my old U r L was Facebook dot com forward slash ham radio too. I will probably make this one Facebook dot face spook dot com four slash ham Radio two d O T zero, which is my Twitter and my Instagram handle as well. So but for now, it's got this weird U r L and I'm gonna post it in the chat right there. So those of you who are on Facebook, a lot of you were saying you're not on Facebook.
Speaker 4: There's twenty one followers from what I can see.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, make sure you got the right page.
Speaker 2: Okay, here's the best part.
Speaker 4: There's a hand radio two point zero and it's a real estate page and it has your faith on it.
Speaker 2: But followers real estate dude, goodness.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, you can share a screen now, but I want to see real estate.
Speaker 2: I gotta I gotta figure that out.
Speaker 1: Now, that's not me. I can tell you it's got my face on it. I got something to say about that.
Speaker 4: It has your face on it, it's your's your real state page.
Speaker 2: So there you go. You can see my screen without sure, let's see. Yeah, that's wild.
Speaker 3: Only one followers banner too.
Speaker 1: That's not me.
Speaker 2: That's not me. Guys, I don't know who that is.
Speaker 3: The same graphics to use everywhere, man realist.
Speaker 4: Okay, he I'm gonna message of this guy and say, who the.
Speaker 1: Hell are you an agent?
Speaker 3: I'm a new customer.
Speaker 4: Nice, Let's see what I get back.
Speaker 2: Scammers.
Speaker 4: I'm okay with messing with scammers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, totally, totally. Yeah, I'm good with that too. But gosh, anyway, all right, I'm gonna turn this off. But yeah, the so, so this is the new where'd it go?
Speaker 2: There? It is?
Speaker 1: So, this is the new page here, and I'm gonna make my wife an admin on this page tonight. I'll share it in the chat again.
Speaker 4: Twenty four, twenty three likes and twenty four followers as of right now.
Speaker 1: That's not right the real estate Oh yes, yes, yeah, because I just shared it. Yeah, so people are, people are responding to it. Ronnie Julian first to post on it. That's awesome first, So yeah, first first, but yeah, so there it is. So that's what we're gonna that's what we're gonna do there. But so we'll see how it goes. I will.
Speaker 2: My wife.
Speaker 1: Okay, my wife liked it. Carlos I see you're on their now.
Speaker 3: So okay, you are, Frank, It's been that long since I even logged into.
Speaker 4: My people, So you know, I implore you people, I implore you that, you know, go find the the you know, the fake and bombard them with messages, make them wish they hadn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, just seesh. Yeah for sure, for sure.
Speaker 4: So yeah, there's two hundred and fifty nine people watching here.
Speaker 2: Yes, some people will replay.
Speaker 4: If you all go bombard these fake pages, they're gonna just give it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, eventually they will. Eventually they will. I have there's a there's a group out there, a Facebook group out there called ham Radio two point zero, which is has a different logo on it than mine. And that's I forget the guy's name who runs that group, but he's overseas. I want to say he has a Papa Alpha two call sign. That could be wrong. I believe that's it though. And he stole my name and my avatar years ago, five six years ago. He stole my name on my avatar and I messaged him and he's got like fifty or sixty maybe even more than that, thousand followers in that group. Members of that group, it might be one hundred thousand.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 2: I haven't looked at it a long time, but.
Speaker 1: I messaged him. I'm like, dude, you stole my name in my in my avatar. I mean, what do you what are you doing? So he changed the avatar pretty much immediately, and he's like, well, I'm going to keep the name because my group's bigger than your group. And I'm like, well, if your group is so big, maybe you can come up with something on your own instead of copy on other people.
Speaker 4: Sobody else's ip, how about you? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: So so every every now and then I get a message for somebody on discord or a text to say, hey, is this group here. I'm like, no, it's not. I was like, and I tell him the story I just told you guys, and they're like, oh, I'm going to go post in the group that he's a thief.
Speaker 2: Then, yeah, go do that. So, yeah, the troll the trolls.
Speaker 4: Man, Your original page has fifteen eight thousand nine followers, and even though they stole your account, it doesn't look like they've done anything with your hand Radio two point oh page.
Speaker 1: No, the page is still there.
Speaker 3: Not yeah, spamming it with ads or.
Speaker 4: I was expecting it to be full of spam and ads and whatnot.
Speaker 1: You can't really, So you can set up a page to be as restrictive or unrestrictive as you want to. And I and when I set up my page, anybody can comment on a post, but people cannot post only I could post on it, and then everybody could comment on my posts. So the interaction thing was done on the Facebook group and then eventually I moved all that to discord.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, there.
Speaker 1: Shouldn't be any spam on the page.
Speaker 3: Well, and that's if they took it over your account, they could spam it as you.
Speaker 1: And no, my account's gone. So they hacked my account and then like four hours later it was God, I got an email, which I don't know how. Maybe maybe I didn't get an email, maybe I just tried to log back into it. But they they whatever they did, pissed off Facebook, and Facebook remove the account. If you go to the url of my original personal profile, it's gone. So it got hacked and then it got removed. So whatever they did.
Speaker 3: To recognize there's a problem, but we're not going to give you any type of resolution to fix it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so this is how Facebook, your account, you haven't posted anything on your page and or your personal profile page in probably three or four years. You change your phone number, you start doing nefarious.
Speaker 2: Crap, and you get banned.
Speaker 1: So apparently there's no kind of like logic circuit. It just like, oh, well, he's posting crap he shouldn't post or whatever whatever they did to piss off Facebook, and Facebook's not smart enough to figure out that it was a hacked job doing that.
Speaker 2: So yeah, well I.
Speaker 1: Don't miss it. Only the only thing I really miss is access to my page. Honestly, that's really all I miss. Now, there were some cool over There was some a Texas Overland group and a North Texas Overland group, and there was probably half a dozen or so really good Ham radio groups. I was a part of Poda House, a group parks on the air. There's a really good PoTA group out there. I got my wife into. She lurks around and reads posts in that PoTA group, and every now and then I'll get a text from her with a screenshot of something in the Poto group somebody complaining about I heard.
Speaker 3: I heard that Poto group can be very lively.
Speaker 2: It it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sometimes they get a little rough in there, but most of the time it's really good information.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: Most of the time it's just people in there saying, hey, I'm about to activate this park out here, look for me on twenty year or seventeen whatever. So and most of my it's like pictures, Hey I just activated the park, loot all the contacts I got. It's it's usually good at ninety percent of its good information. Sometimes it gets a little rough, but it's not it's not that bad.
Speaker 3: But well, it's going to say, if you're starting a new social media page, Scott is the man of how to optimize it for search algorithm optimization and engine He knows all of that. I'm gonna say, you know so much more than I do.
Speaker 6: Man, oh man, I did it for twenty five years.
Speaker 3: Come on, well that's why.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I'm trying to get Scott to uh, Scott, I gotta get back with you about that page I was talking.
Speaker 2: You about a while.
Speaker 6: But yeah, yeah, we gotta get that knocked out.
Speaker 2: Crocketball yep, yep. So we're.
Speaker 6: I was listening to you guys talk about the whole Facebook thing, and people in the chat given their whatever, their opinions, on what they like or don't like about it. Facebook's a tool, guys. You know, if you use it as for what it's actually made for, it's not you're not socialized with people and you're on Facebook. It's a it's a tool. You go there to get information and you go off and do something with actual people in real life, right, I mean, I mean I've got yeah, but I mean I've got Facebook groups. I got all kinds of Facebook groups I'm a part of for various activities and interest that I have. And that's invaluable because I've gotten some really good deals, like for my my Forerunner, because that's higher fifty for Runner group out there, and I need parts, I can get really good deals on parts, and people that have the inside, you know, track on things, uh for ham Radio even you know, there's lots of stuff out there for Ham Radio. Yasu has a Facebook group, uh, you know life places. So use it as the tool that it is, and it's fine.
Speaker 2: Yes, I agreed.
Speaker 3: So you're saying that I should get back on Facebook, Well, I mean.
Speaker 2: Just don't. Yeah, yeah, I don't.
Speaker 3: That's that's the easy part. I just I'd left a long time ago for the crud and family drama kept bringing up.
Speaker 1: See, I'm not I'd like my new account I've created. I've got two friends, three friends, three friends on it, my my gym trainer that I've messaged with all the time, my wife, and one other guy I went to high school with that found me somehow. And I'm like, And I posted in the in the in the PoTA group the other day. I posted in the PoTA group the other day about our PoTA event at Montasano next Friday. I said, Hey, everybody's welcome to come out. We've done this. This is about fourth year to do this. Come out and join us. We're gonna have some radios and antennis set up. You don't have to bring anything you never activated before. We'll be happy to sit down with you and let you activate for the first time. Just or just come hang out and pode with this, you know again, have fun. So I posted that, but and I didn't get any friend request out of that. Sometimes I would get friend requests when I posted a new group, but I'm like, I don't even care about friends. I just want to have access to some of these groups and pages. That's really all I care about.
Speaker 4: So really, I'll be able to gather the information and disseminate information.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I refer to the Facebook friends as contacts. A friend is so I hang out with my living room to have a whiskey and a cigar.
Speaker 1: With Yeah, true, true, But and I have and I like that. The Facebook marketplaces is actually quite quite cool because you can sell stuff for free. Because I used to be addicted to eBay years ago, ten fifteen years ago, I was addicted to eBay. I would buy and sell stuff on eBay every week, and their freaking fees these days are just so high it's just not even worth it anymore. So it's very rare that I get. I'll buy some stuff on Facebook or I'm sorry, on eBay every now and then. But I haven't sold anything on eBay in a long long time because I'm like, I have my own website. If I have a ham radio piece of gear, I.
Speaker 2: Have my own website.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'll just put it in a mystery box those have been really popular, or I'll put it on yeah, or the discord. Yeah, we've got to buy We've got to swap group in the Discord as well. And I sell it on Facebook if it's something not hand radio related. It's something I found in my garage. I don't need anymore. I put it on Facebook. I get rid of it.
Speaker 6: So I've been for seven months.
Speaker 2: Oh you getting rid of your Harley.
Speaker 6: I been trying to for seven months and just always got the money for it. I got it. You know, I'm way below blue Book. I'm like three thousand or blue Book on it and bites.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but anyway, so that's uh, that's where that is.
Speaker 2: But yeah, we.
Speaker 3: Support We'll like to see that climb back up in the ratings there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So this time next week when well not this time next week, I'll be in Huntsville. So the next time I live stream will be live streaming to the new Facebook page also, so see how many people are are.
Speaker 3: You can do that right off the bat. You don't have to achieve metrics.
Speaker 1: I don't think so. I think you can do it right off the bat.
Speaker 2: I believe so.
Speaker 1: I believe so so I think.
Speaker 2: X that could be.
Speaker 1: Discord invite. John's asking for discord invite. Frank, do you have a quick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, chat earlier. I will go ahead to give it again.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Thanks, Just Tim Radio two old splash Discord.
Speaker 1: Ham Radio two dot com forward slash discord. Yeah, but if we can link in the chat, people just click on it easier. But yes, that's correct.
Speaker 3: Correct for some reason, so it's correct there it is.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: But yeah.
Speaker 1: So one other thing I wanted to well, two other things I wanted to talk about. One of them is this I have mentioned for a while. Now something else you guys can click on. Frank, I think you have a link to my email server.
Speaker 3: As well, general general one. Yes, I do.
Speaker 2: Yes, Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I have been trying for the last I don't know, six or eight months to build my email list up to twenty thousand subscribers. It's been jumping between eighteen and nineteen thousand because people keep so I was in the last twenty eight days I lost two hundred and sixty six subscribers for some reason. And that's that's just typical email list. There's nothing wrong or anything. I don't spam you. I usually send one maybe two emails a week.
Speaker 2: It's not a lot.
Speaker 1: But once I finally get to twenty thousand subscribers on the email list, I am gonna be doing another giveaway of an HF radio to someone on the email list. So I will send out a form to everybody on the email list and say, okay, sign up here if you want to win this HF Radio. I don't know what it would be yet, probably an FT seven ten.
Speaker 2: I don't know yet, though, you know, you can always go with a flex.
Speaker 1: I could Yeah, yeah, are you paying for it? Carlos, you're gonna send me a flex?
Speaker 3: But yeah, quick on the don't love that one.
Speaker 2: I'd love to.
Speaker 1: Give away another Flex, I really would. I probably will someday.
Speaker 2: We'll see.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know I'm at one hundred and seventy thousand. If I can get Gaston on here and teach me how to get thirty thousand subs in two weeks like he did, then uh yeah, maybe we'll break two hundred thousand. Give Hi away another fl how's that?
Speaker 2: But there you go.
Speaker 4: You know what you really need to do is you need to just like, you know, join me in the air.
Speaker 1: If I really thought, if I really thought that would gave me subscribers, I would have done that already. But you know it might be it might gain me being dead, so you know, in which case I'd lose subscribers.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you the same thing I told I have plans for the night it behooves me to make make sure.
Speaker 1: Oh so you have plans for the night, so you don't want to die, so therefore, I really it makes sense.
Speaker 4: Okay, you know some one that has planned. Don't worry about it coming.
Speaker 2: Back, that's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh goodness.
Speaker 1: Uh, Don says, what are you going to do with the mailing list? Just wondering because you already have lots of ways to contact us. Well, believe it or not, Don, And you probably know this.
Speaker 3: Down he's serving it up for you.
Speaker 1: Email marketing as old as it is one of the original forms of online marketing, email marketing is still the best way to market anything that you do. And I used to go to meetups. I haven't been to a meetup in this area in a long time, but he used to go to meetups down in Arlington. There was a guy that ran a podcasting meetup down there and we would meet once a month. And there was another guy that would run a video creator Texas Video Creators meet up in Plano. We'd go out there about once a month and everyone everyone was had the same story. So the guy in Arlington, he had a Facebook group one time of like I think it was like fifty or sixty thousand members of the Facebook group, and it was I don't even remember what the subject was. It was something about podcasting or social media, so I don't remember what it was exactly. Well, he wakes up one morning and he gets online and his group is just gone. No explanation, no nothing. He contacted Facebook and he went back and forth with support on Facebook for a while, and Facebook is Facebook was like, basically, yeap, that group was there, it's gone. No idea why he didn't get banned, he didn't get jailed, he didn't get anything. They just it just disappeared. And Facebook couldn't tell him why and they couldn't restore it. So long story short. My Facebook page or account, my Twitter account, my YouTube channel is not actually mine. It belongs to YouTube, belongs to Twitter. They let me use it for free, but they don't owe me an account.
Speaker 2: I'm not paying for it.
Speaker 1: It's a free account that they let me use that they don't owe to me. So at any point in time, you know, knock on wood, this will never happen on on on YouTube, But at any point time I could wake up and Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, whatever just could be gone. It happened to Callum. Yes, that's true. Yeah, it happened to Calum. It's I know a couple other guys. It's happened to not in the hand I'm radio space, but a couple other guys. Your email list is the only thing you actually own. I own the email list. I can download the email list, go to another provider, upload all my contacts, and still have on my elist. So I own the email list, and email is the actually is still the best marketing platform. Some people aren't on discord as as we have seen in the chat tonight. Some people don't want to get on Facebook.
Speaker 2: That's okay, that's all right, Okay.
Speaker 1: I don't really understand why anyone would be in my email list who's not on my YouTube channel, who's not a follower on YouTube, because how would you know about my email list if you're not on my YouTube, if you're not following me on YouTube. So maybe that makes sense, maybe it doesn't. But regardless of that, every time I send an email with something new we're doing or a new sale, sometimes I get sometimes sometimes I get a little bit of flack from people about saying, well, all you all you, all you're doing is you know, pushing your wares and pushing your marketing and pushing you know, thanks thanks for I get and this is teasing most of the time. I get this all the time, thanks for spending my money, Jason, And I'm like, here, you're welcome. Thank you for clicking on my links. So it's it's all in good fun. It's it's it's all good week. Yeah. Yeah, so thanks for spending my money again, exactly. So so when I but when I send out emails with links to stuff, you know, I send out an email about mystery boxes, usually before I announced it elsewhere, okay, And I might send an email about some sale some you know, I'm just telling you guys what's out there. Hey, this company's running a sale on this today. Open Spot's been running to earf truck ref is running sales on open Spot. Radiodity has sales all the time, you know. RNL has a different daily twenty four hours sale every day on their website. So I send that out and and people thank me for it. I get sometimes I get some flag from people saying, man, that's just too much. I'm like whatever, But I get a lot of people thanking me for Hey, man, that's a great deal. Thanks for sharing. I just went and bought one, so and I'm like, I did too. Actually that's why I shared it with you, because I know it was a great deal and I spent my own money on it.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 6: No, you're providing a service for people, right, not otherwise, No, a sale on something they might be looking for is even happening.
Speaker 1: Right, exactly exactly, And that's what YouTube.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Sometimes when I meet new people out and about, people ask me what do you do for a living, And if I don't feel like sitting down for a ninety minute conversation explaining how I run a YouTube channel full time, I'll just tell people I'm in marketing. I work in marketing, which is true, because that's really I mean, I am marketing Ham Radio. Okay, there's my ghosmind, I'm still here. This is just a camera problem, yeah, yeah, first time today. So I am marketing Ham radio to people, not Ham Radio radio. It's not hardware you have to go buy, but get interested in him radio, get your hand radio license, and have fun in Him radio. And that's that's the main marketing message.
Speaker 2: I say.
Speaker 1: But it's still marketing, so so that's that's.
Speaker 3: What I honestly thought about creating an email list like you do, and just helped support the channel. And also, you know, if you like go heads down and you get busy and you're not on YouTube that much anymore, then you're you're viewing kind of slims down and this a way just to keep in touch. The thing that stopped me is who is going to be able to read that letter after I write it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well we'll see hey, and they've got chat GPT now, Frank, you don't have any excuse for that anymore.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, the camera doesn't like chat GPT, I guess, but yeah, yeah, so you've got I don't know what your problem is actually because spell checks existed for a long long time.
Speaker 3: But regardless of that, well spell check, I think it's spell check, and it'll be the right words. It won't be grammarly the right word that you want, well, but be a word spell correctly.
Speaker 1: Most most things have some sort of grammar checker now as well. But no, just dictate it into chat GPT and just send it out. Scott can tell you all about chat GPT.
Speaker 6: So it's all I do is chapt is by asking a question, I always say thank you, because if they ever rise up against us. I want to remember Mark that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it would have it would have It would have been awesome if they would have named that Skynet or cyberdim systems.
Speaker 2: You know, it would have been would have been great because it's no conspiracy.
Speaker 6: Theorist would jump on that, would.
Speaker 1: They No, no, exactly, would have been popular.
Speaker 4: It already is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true, it already is.
Speaker 1: But so last thing I wanted to talk about tonight, And some of you might know this, but I think probably some of you don't because Okay, here it goes Don not my not my camera again, but no, here it is Don. So I sent an email out earlier and I told everyone about my pac Man channel and I had fifteen new people sign up on that. So apparently people don't know about my Pacman channel even though they're on my email list.
Speaker 2: So there you go. That's what the email list is.
Speaker 3: You know that.
Speaker 4: Did you know that max Pedition makes a pack big enough for the seventy three hundred?
Speaker 1: That doesn't surprise me. I mean they make a lot of really, they might a lot of packs in various.
Speaker 3: Tassa ask him what he wants to do it? Use it for.
Speaker 1: Jump juh is that are you talking about what Carlos wants to use it for?
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, he wants to jump out of.
Speaker 1: Oh there it is right there hunh yeah see yeah for seventy three hundred. So what's the model of that.
Speaker 4: I have the Mango, the version, the Versa pac Mango.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, that's pretty cool. That's pretty cool.
Speaker 4: Okay, I can bring it to I can bring it to Hostville if you.
Speaker 1: Want to see it, and yes, I do, I do, I do. Please do that if you don't mind, not at all. You can shoot a video on it and easy content.
Speaker 2: That's great.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, so I've been doing a lot. So there's there's a couple of pack and bag channels out there that I started following a while back, and and some of them, not all of them, but kind of like you know, YouTube starts suggesting stuff to you. So and I said this in my in the live stream last week and people were like, well, yeah, you didn't know that, and I'm like, well, it's kind of I don't know. But the search if you haven't done this recently, search YouTube for the term ed C and see how much stuff is out there. Just I was telling my wife about it the other day and she's like, people watch videos about people dumb and crap out of their pockets. And I'm like, yeah, they actually do.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So, uh so we're gonna start doing.
Speaker 1: Some EDC stuff on that pac Man channel and and going down the EDC rabbit hole on Reddit and a couple of Facebook groups and just you know, uh YouTube, just searching YouTube and whatnot. There's a huge flashlight community out there too, yes, and wow, you know, I thought, you know, one guy posting. I was poking around the flashlight subreddit the other day and one guy was he made a post and he's like, why do I keep buying these? Every time a new one comes out? I have to buy it? Why why do I have to buy this? They're so cool? And I replied to that group and I was like, yeah, yeah, totally. And I replied to that group and I'm like, yep, this sounds like you're a ham radio operator because and if you're not, you have no idea because the same thing for us, dude, And like three people came by and replied to me yep, seventy three, yep, seventy three. One guy put a big long Morse code message in there. So I'm like, Okay, I'm saying radio guys hanging out in the flashlight subredded on ready, but it's uh so yeah, So we're I'm gonna be doing some videos on that type of thing on the pac Man channel, and I think that it would be I think it'd.
Speaker 2: Be fun to do.
Speaker 1: It's just stuff I'm already interested in anyway. But I realized that when I'm starting start watching these these videos on YouTube and I'm reading some of these Reddit posts, I'm like, wow, I'm interested in this stuff, but I I know nothing. I'm like, there's there's a whole ruld out here. I don't know anything about it all. So I got to do some research. So but it's it's gonna be fun. I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 6: I gotta look over for some U E D C genes by Vertex.
Speaker 1: Genes okay vert V E R t X Vertex I believe so yeah. I just bought one of their bags.
Speaker 6: Their genes. They have like twenty pockets eight eight or nine of them are hidden inside the jeans. If they're they're cool, you just.
Speaker 1: Hid one hundred dollars bills in all those They flash lights handcuf keys, knives U.
Speaker 6: The back of the backs of the back pockets. You have the regular back pockets. There's two little back pockets above the regular ones that hold two thirty round ar mags.
Speaker 2: Nice. Very cool, yeah, very cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just to get you down the rabbit hole of flash lights, I think you a DM.
Speaker 1: Okay, hold on, Chris Bricker said, uh, you should do an everly Stock pack for carrying a rifle, but carry something like a spider beam. I have that pack. I have that everly Stock rifle pack. I use it at my dear least I have for the last two years. I love everly Stock. They make some fantastic equipment or bags and packs. Okay, Carlos, would you send me really what is that.
Speaker 2: Flesh? Oh? It just means it just means, okay, being dark.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you is this is this a brand or is this like a review size a band.
Speaker 2: It is a.
Speaker 4: Brand, and it makes some exceptionally good flashlights. But my god, really are they expensive? You can get into the inexpensive slight. I don't have one in my pocket right now because I don't have my keys. I carry the smaller, inexpensive one in my keys, and it is really good.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: Their expensive lights are a expensive and exceptionally.
Speaker 2: Good Yeah yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: But expensive enough that I'm not spending that kind of money on a flashlight.
Speaker 2: I'm just not. Yeah. Yeah, some of them kind of get kind of crazy.
Speaker 4: I have I have their fountain pen. Their fountain pen is really good.
Speaker 2: I like fountain pens. M.
Speaker 4: But if you look at that limited release banner there or the Alpha of flashlights, either one or some Prometheus flashlights and then Promitheus lights and then the their Alpha lights, and you know, you'll see what I mean. I see to see to see the price.
Speaker 1: Of three four hundred dollars, Like, I'm never spending that kind of a flashlight. Yeah, oh, here's flashlight. Here's a Tritium one seven hundred and seventy five dollars. Yeah, that's titanium.
Speaker 6: What does it do to justify that price?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 4: All it's all hand laid machine in California, what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, seven hundred and fifty dollars for this one Alpha special edition Tritium.
Speaker 3: Does it zoom in? Can he zoom in? That the light?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: That's that's what that's always your thing because I want to be able to like go why to see everything? Then what was that hit right back on the light?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: He uses really high end drivers. I mean he, without a question makes a really good light, right Yeah. And I've seen those lights in person, going wow, this is amazing. Not three hundred dollars amazing, but amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let alone seven hundred Like no, no, not happening.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's limits to my insanity, and that's the limit.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just look at it like I was like, I look at that like I could buy seven hundred dollars flashlights for that, So I can.
Speaker 4: Buy some really good bottles of whiskey and I can skid. I have a lot for seven hundred bucks.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, very true. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean I know some people laugh at the old lights, but I've got a bunch of these O lights and these things just work.
Speaker 2: You know what I was had.
Speaker 1: We had a big discussion, Mike and I had a big discussion about O light and it's like, you know, you mentioned O light and people kind of lose their crap sometimes and I'm like, I've got like five O lights and.
Speaker 2: They're all rock solid. I love them. They're they're great.
Speaker 1: They were and are they the best flash line it out there? No, probably not. And they are Chinese them, don't don't get me wrong, but they're they're they're well built, and they work very well and they last a long time.
Speaker 2: I've got two or.
Speaker 1: Three that are probably four years old or more. And I like the old light, but I've got other brands as well, so I don't know.
Speaker 6: I got this little Puppy and en Force.
Speaker 2: Okay, but you're really.
Speaker 6: Not supposed to have these that special. It's not gonna work now my batters are dead.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, that breaks havoc with your green screen.
Speaker 6: But it's Strobes police lights red and oh yeah, there's.
Speaker 3: Nothing wrong with that color of lights. Unless you put them on a car. You can do anything you want.
Speaker 4: Put the windshield of your car, right, yeah, yeah, I mean.
Speaker 2: It's yeah.
Speaker 1: But so I've got and the soul Tac guys are at ham Kashion. They've been at Hamas for the last two years. I think they make a decent flash light.
Speaker 4: It's not the best flash I thought they were going to be at him Bench and I was actually looking forward to seeing them at him bench.
Speaker 2: They weren't the same.
Speaker 1: Yeah, same here. I thought they were also, so I don't know what happened with that. And I've emailed them a couple of times I haven't got a response from so. So when I see him at if I don't, if I don't get hold of him before a window next year, I'm gonna go up there booth and say what email addressed?
Speaker 2: You guys? Actually check.
Speaker 1: Nice people. Nice guys made in Alabama flashlights.
Speaker 2: So we're in Alabama.
Speaker 1: I think it's in Alabama. Where I think it's Alabama, it might be Arkansas. I think it's Alabama, though, I mean.
Speaker 4: If it's close to Huntsville that we can go raid them.
Speaker 2: Let's go raad them.
Speaker 1: That's a great idea. That's a great idea. We should do that. We should totally do that. Yeah, this video is now Should I buy another flashlight? Of course you should?
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 6: You have to ask the answers always yes a.
Speaker 4: Matter of fact. As a matter of fact, the answer is not just yes, but hell yes by three of the alpha seven hundred dollars once and send me.
Speaker 2: One correct yes, send me another one.
Speaker 1: So we've been getting so my wife keeps getting calls Scott, and I want to know if this is affecting you. She keeps getting called, well, text messages, in voicemails, robo calls really from Center Point Energy down there saying that how the powers out in the area in Galveston, you guys have any issues with power? In the last she's been hurricane, She's probably got that call twice a week for the last month. And I'm like, yeah, what the heck is going on with the freaking power grid on the island.
Speaker 2: I don't get that.
Speaker 6: But okay, dinner points run by monkeys, I wouldn't worry about.
Speaker 1: It, you know, Well, that just means that they're a power company in Texas. That's all that means. All the power company and texts are run by monkeys.
Speaker 6: But we lost power for seven days during the hurricane that hit a month ago, and after that it's been nothing. But we're back to normal.
Speaker 1: Nothing back, okay, well good, Well, after the week after we get back from Huntsville, we're going to to the coast for two weeks. So what about it Wednesday through Labor Day, so we'll be there for about a weekend vacation.
Speaker 3: Vacation.
Speaker 2: Oh that that's gonna be my vacation.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go I'm gonna go do PoTA every day.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 6: So you're saying there's gonna be a photo event.
Speaker 2: We can do a photo event.
Speaker 4: What is this vacation thing you speak of.
Speaker 3: John's asking will you be bringing mess tax it to Huntsville.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Josh did a video last night about mesh Tastic in Huntsville with a new QR code that that he's set up. I'm not sure how it's different from the I'm not sure why he didn't you. Well, okay, so we're changing from long fast to short fast. I know that's true, and I don't know if that required a new QR code. I was just saying we should use the one that we used a him vention. But anyway, he he created a new QR code and we.
Speaker 2: Can all everybody.
Speaker 1: Everybody can scan it and use it on them mass tastic device and use short fast instead of long fast.
Speaker 4: I want to take my note with me on a jump or two and see.
Speaker 2: How it'll work.
Speaker 1: You will, you will get a lot. You will get a lot of stations. I may or may not have had mine on an airplane when I flew from DFW to Alaska last month.
Speaker 2: And it works.
Speaker 1: So you don't see you don't see him for long, but it does. It does pick up stations.
Speaker 4: I've taken it on a jump in Illinois and I've picked up Chicago.
Speaker 2: Yeah nose, Yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: Rolphstone is over one hundred miles from Chicago. Yeah, it's just like, oh, okay, okay. There was a yeah, when I landed on the General chat on the General Open channel, there was a there were two people having a chat and they were like, oh my god, I can't believe there's a node near me. Oh no, I'm in Chicago and I'm like the guy's like, I'm in Morrison, and they're like fifty miles apart house is this working? And then I'm just playing radio right, this is this is it must be that. It must be that airplane node. That airplane note is right above.
Speaker 1: Like airplane Yay, that's that's what that's when Carlos becomes the repeater. Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 4: So it'd be good to see there's any people that are south of Huntsville that have mestastic that get connected to Huntsville because I'm in the air, you know, between them totally.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll see that.
Speaker 1: I will be begoning aprs of course, all the way from Texas to Huntsville. But I'll have my APE, my meshtastic node in the truck that I keep in the truck twenty four seven. I have an external antenna on top of the truck for it, so it gets a little bit more a little bit that reaches out a bit, a little bit for larger footprint that way. But I'll have I'll be running that all the way too. And I usually have that on m QTT when I'm poking around, but I'm going to change it for this trip and then uh and then once once we leave Huntsville and go home, I'll probably change it back. But I'm not gonna run m q t T. I'm I'm gonna scan that new QR code and do the short fast thing. So we're gonna see how that works this time.
Speaker 3: Sounds like fun.
Speaker 1: Not looking forward to it. Bill says, perish the thought mestastic on an airpane pshaw. I'm like, Bill, you should have one in the cockpit, dude, just have it, have one in your bag of the cockpit.
Speaker 2: Just put it right there in the windshield. Yeah, got it right there?
Speaker 4: What's that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right, yeah, yeah, so TSA. So I took that to I took that on the plane to uh to Alaska, and then we went our crews and TSA was like, what is that.
Speaker 2: I was like, it's a text messaging device.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, okay, well you're not lying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I'm not lying. That's exactly what it does.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna sit there and explain this to freaking TSA like, oh that sounds like spy crap.
Speaker 2: We can't lie that on the plane.
Speaker 6: I'm like, go away.
Speaker 3: So to answer Michael's question, yes, we'll be at the same pavilion I believe as last year.
Speaker 1: Correct, Yes, same pavilion as last year. John Scovell pavilion. I think it's cold. If you come in the front. If you didn't, if you didn't catch it, we talked about this on live stream last week. If you missed it, that's okay. Come in the gate at hunt Well. First of all, if you're staying at Monta Sano, then just go look around because you will see antennas and just follow the antenna's. If you're not staying at Monta Sano, then just come in the gate and tell the guard shack guy. When you come in the gate that you're with the Ham Radio Group and they'll tell you, tell you where to go. It's pretty much a straight shot down and it's over there on the right. So so but they are they're they're expected there, they know we're gonna be there, they're expecting us. And so just say I'm with the Ham Radio Group. How do I get to the pavilion, and they'll tell you how to get there?
Speaker 3: Yep, yep, mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, that that was a good That was a good stream talking about nothing.
Speaker 2: Let me let me refresh my Facebook page.
Speaker 4: So you're saying this was the Seinfeld episode.
Speaker 2: It was the Seinfeld episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, fifty four likes and fifty seven followers. So thank you the three of you who followed me and didn't like the page. I don't know what your problem is, but.
Speaker 6: I don't care.
Speaker 1: I'll share that link one more time and several more followed on the pac Man channel. Thank you for that. Suggestions for the pac Man channel are welcome. My most viewed somebody has talked about the Everly Stock rifle pack. My most viewed video on that channel is about the new Everly Stock apprentice backpack.
Speaker 2: That's Mike.
Speaker 1: I've got five thousand views on that video and it's my next highest viewed video is like twelve hundred. So the everly Stock stuff is some of the best quality packs you can get. Everly Stock is really really good stuff if you ever watched it the gas Stones videos. He's got several everly Stock packs that he uses for all his stuff that he does, uh go bags and whatnot, so really good. And I was I was buying those before I knew he used him. And I was watching one of his videos and he had one sitting behind him and I'm messaging him like, dude, is that an everly Stock. He's like, man, that's a good eye he nobody else has guessed that. Like I can tell, I've got like three of them. These things are freaking cool. Uh so yeah, Digital Ranchers in the in the chat, he's got the same backpack that I do, and we go to field day and put it together and he's like, is that my bag? I was like, No, that's my bag, the same color, same everything. His has his call signing a patch on it and mine has ham Radio two on it. So I'm like, you know, that's not mine. You're just messing with me.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it's a good deal. It's fun.
Speaker 1: Uh okay, So what's going on? Uh, Scott? Okay, Scott. I wanted to ask this on Frank Stream, but I was setting up for my screen. What is your book about? Tell us about your book? Uh?
Speaker 6: All right, Well, I appreciate the uh time there. My book is about positive thinking and how to change the paradigms, the condition and the habits that have been keeping you stuck in life, and how to replace those with better habits and better paradigms, and how to use positive thinking to basically plan out your life the way you want it. And I discussed in there about how we only we're only limited by the stuff we put into our head and all the bs that we believe. If you can undo that and realize you're actually unlimited, you can do whatever the hell you want. If anybody else ever did it, maybe else ever has it, you can do it or have it as well. It's all mindset.
Speaker 3: That's great.
Speaker 6: The book is actually interactive. You have questions at the end of some of the chapters where you can I ask you questions about what you learned, what your take was, you basically, you build a blueprint for the life you want to create and in the book, and you use that and you go back to the book over and over again and just keep yourself focused on your on your goals, and I'll teach you how to set goals, how to you know, stay on target, and you know all that kind of stuff. It's I'm really looking forward to it. It was a long work in progress. I wanted to get done right, so that's why it took so long. But you know, it comes out on Tuesday, worldwide in seven countries, and I'm just ecstatic. I wasn't planning or writing a book. I'm not a writer.
Speaker 1: I have been wanting to write a book for years, and I keep changing my mind on what it should be about. I've just always wanted to write a book. I'm not really a writer much either. I can write a couple of paragraphs and make them sound really good. Anything beyond that, I'm like.
Speaker 6: As you get you get into it, though, if it's something you're really passionate about it. As I was getting into it, I was like, Okay, the chapters just started coming to me. Good, Okay, I want to write about this. I write a whole chapter about that. I went back a couple of times and added stuff. I also actually in the book talked about the last year and a half and I mentioned about how you guys helped me when I had my my accident and how that helped me through. And because I had multiple opportunities to go to the dark side and just give up and that didn't happen, I decided to try do something different so I can get you pick myself out before I start preaching it to anybody else.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess that's good. Have you ever read the Book of Atomic Habits?
Speaker 6: I have not.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll add it to my list.
Speaker 1: I I have not. I have not read it. It's on my shelf as well. Actually have it. I think I found it half priced books one time. But it's the synopsis is much which you you know, create good habits to you know, because we were full of bad habits. Bad habits are easy to pick up, so break the bad habits, create good habits, and you know, kind of help yourself ex sale. It's a business self help type, you know, entrepreneurial type book.
Speaker 6: So well, I saw I saw a use for this book because again on Facebook. I see people putting up these really negative posts about themselves and this and that. And even when I did my video the other day and the last most recent video on Friday on my channel was just discussing book and kind of putting it out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And I had a lot of feedback to people saying, hey, look, I'm really in a low place in my life right now. This is exactly what I need and grab a copy.
Speaker 2: Good. Good.
Speaker 6: If I can help out people, let's do it.
Speaker 1: I will I order you said it comes out on Tuesday.
Speaker 6: Tuesday. Yeah, I'll put the links up on my on my new website and on my Facebook group and on my Facebook page and everywhere else.
Speaker 1: Cool okay, yeah, yeah, way for Amazon, just send me the link. Oh okay, all right. Uh, Carlos, what do you got coming up? Buddy?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: You know Huntsville, Huntsville, Huntsville's right, that's right, Parish and Mobile at Huntsville Parish Mobile videos.
Speaker 2: Uh, it's tell me, Frank and Scott.
Speaker 4: I have four of them lined up, a good handful of others that are also not Parishing Mobile, but that I have lined up for once. Mike Channel actually has some content cute up ready to go. I'm not rushing at the last minute. Uh, and yeah, Huntsville, come see me. Uh find me at Huntsville. I'll have a sticker that is going to be specific to the show.
Speaker 2: And oh good, I'll give us a way.
Speaker 4: Until I run out and then you know, have your HT and your HF Ray Grady and whatnot, because I'll be doing a Parishon mobile there, so you know, try to get the q SO and I get you know, like I maybe even get off my lacey butt and get QSL cards out this year.
Speaker 1: Oh nice, are you gonna do parachute mobile on two meters?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna try to do parishon mobile seventy centimeters maybe one point two five meters two meters H ten, twelve, fifteen, seventeen, twenty.
Speaker 6: Wow, that's a lot of jumps, man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, whether permitting, time, permitting, whatnot.
Speaker 2: I would love to be.
Speaker 4: Able to say that I got an in one It is the N one CC award where you either activate or hunt a park on six different bands.
Speaker 2: Right, there's something like that. I don't remember.
Speaker 1: I don't remember if it's called in one CC, but there is something that does that. Yeah, you might be right.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I want to be able to do it.
Speaker 2: That's great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I know that I'm gonna have a bunch of people at Montasino doing a bunch of a chef parish parks on the air. So I'm gonna try to hunt you guys on all the bands, uh and try to get it done.
Speaker 2: Good good.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna be Somebody texted me earlier today or maybe he's yesterday and said, what frequency are you guys going to be on? And we talked about this on the live stream last week as well. We have chosen to be on two twenty this year, so we're gonna be monitoring two two three five hundred. But I will have my FtM six thousand set up at the campsite, which is just dual band, So I think we're gonna monitor I think our our our two meter frequency is eight, I believe, But there's such a good amount of activity on six top five two in the Huntsville area, I might just leave it stick stuck over there the whole time. So we're gonna be on two two three dot five talking to one another, and we're gonna be monitoring local traffic. I might just leave the local channel in six Top five two. I don't know yet, but yeah, people people ask that. So if you have a two twenty radio, definitely bring it to Huntsville. Two two three dot five hundred is the national calling frequency on the one point two one point two five meter band for FM simplex, and we're gonna try to try to do that as well. But do you know what frequency you want to be on for two meters Carlos two meters seventy centimeter.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I hazard to say, because the last time I said something, some people were on the same frequency. They didn't want to give it up for me to do. Yeah, parish mobile for the kids.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: That really aggravated me.
Speaker 2: Right, No, I don't blame I don't blame you. I don't blame you.
Speaker 3: It's justified, man, you were doing that with the kids.
Speaker 4: And honestly, on on two meters, I may rattle the cages on five to two, just to rattle the cages.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, a thing.
Speaker 4: On four four six, I may just do four four six, just a rattle cage.
Speaker 1: I don't think there's gonna be anybody on four four six. Honestly, six Top five two you'll hear some people. So if you wanted to pick an off frequency for two meters, that might be a little bit better.
Speaker 2: I don't know, no, no, no, I'm talking about four four six.
Speaker 4: Uh, you know, seventy centimeters seventy centimeters of the calling frequencies four four six correct.
Speaker 1: I just don't think you're gonna find anybody up there. I mean, you know, you never know. Yeah, that's true, you never know.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 6: I like forty five autos suggestion for you for a frequency?
Speaker 2: What is it? Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, two two two three dot five five six.
Speaker 1: How come no one has thought of that? That is a frequency two two three dot five five six. I don't know if your FM radio will go to that. So we all need to get single sideband two twenty radios for next year, and we all need to be on that frequency.
Speaker 6: Yeah, make that a face.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is a thing. That is good.
Speaker 1: That's the most beautiful frequency I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: It is a lot of blazers.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, Frank, what's coming up on your channel?
Speaker 3: Oh? My channel, Huntsville, Hutsville, Huntsvield, Huntsfield. Everything is gonna be posted until next week, is going to be Huntsville stuff. After that, I got some things I do want to look at in a review. I just need time to get out to a park and film. Thelm and Texas should be cooling down, so I will be starting the Hamshack bill because I'm going to be need to be crawling in the attic space and I'm not doing that when it's one hundred outside. Just don't blame you doing it.
Speaker 2: Don't blame you. Okay, I'm gonna start.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna I've got I've got eight or ten things I want to do to my truck that I haven't done yet, because which is which one of them is hook up my tar Heel antenna. I have the Tarhio Intento mounted, I just don't have the coaxs or the control cable run for it yet, and I just I keep running. I've been I've traveled for most of the month of July, but it's just been so hot out there. And I'll go out in the morning and mow my lawn or do something around the house, and then by like ten o'clock, I'm like, screw this crap, I go back inside. So I'm looking forward to the weather cooling down. I can do some more stuff outside. I've got some lights to install on the truck, and some more stuff to put on my bedrack, and some stuff to do in the interior, and all kinds of good things I want to get done. I just haven't done it yet because of the weather. Mostly because the weather.
Speaker 6: It's always because of the weather in Texas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep, yep.
Speaker 1: So guys, well, thanks for hopping on tonight. Scott, I'm sorry you won't make it next weekend.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna get there, man, I promise you. I'll get there at some points. Just all right, I get my schedule control.
Speaker 1: Try to look at Orlando next February if you can. That's a bigger show anyway.
Speaker 6: But you know, Huntsville Sings where you guys have all the fun.
Speaker 1: It is just the funnest show.
Speaker 2: It really is.
Speaker 1: We were talking about that last week, so it's definitely a fun show worth hanging out. But yep, so, so thanks guys for hopping on tonight. Everyone in the chat, thank you for joining us. I will put the links to all the stuff we talked about in the description below for so those of you on Team Replay go check out those links to the other YouTube channel the email list and the new Facebook page, and then next time my live stream will be on Facebook also. But we will see most of you next weekend in Huntsville once again. We're rolling in Wednesday evening and Thursday we're gonna be tooling around going to the Gigapart store and then Fridays all day Poda at the park. So hope to hope to see all of you guys there. So seventy three all, thank you for thank you for being here, and everybody wave goodbye, see y'all.