Speaker 1: Here we go, here we got up.
Speaker 2: Good morning, This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 1: Yeppy rod right, well, thank you Ed McMahon. Good morning everybody, Rod Ryan Show checking in. It's tad Tuesday. Oh is it debate Day? Is it to night? All right? Welcome aboard on this Tuesday, September tenth, Cody going for win number four. He's coming out of his shell a little bit. I'm talking about the Fresh Out of Bed Head to Head Challenge Trans Siberian Orchestra tickets. You know you're getting towards the end of the year when they start talking about coming to town. The show's not until December twenty sixth, but they justnnounced tickets go on sale this week, and we got win them before they go on sale. Tickets for the winner of today's Fresh Out of Bed Head to Head twentieth anniversary party tickets Homeroom, you're getting those on the fun Fact flashback at around six thirty five, a one hundred dollars Jersey Mike's gift card coming your way at seven to twenty pit tickets today on the show, we got two opportunities at eight twenty. I think we're going to play the Who's Shorter Game? By request sold out Creed three Doors down Figure eleven on Saturday Night. Pit tickets Rob Zombie, Ellis Cooper Sunday Night. Those tickets are on No The Show twenty Days celebrating twenty years of The Rob Ryan Show. Two hundred dollars Academy Sports and Outdoors gift card will give a way. Today's Day nineteen. We'll give away the two hundred dollars gift card at nine ten thirty percent chance of rain, cloudy skies. H I have eighty five. That's it what Tessa has Houston's headlines I do.
Speaker 3: And you were asking if former President Trump and Vice President Harris are set to debate today.
Speaker 4: Yay, Yeah.
Speaker 3: It is just hours away from the first and possibly only debate less than two months before the presidential election. So tonight's event is in Philadelphia. It will be the first time the two have ever met in person. The rules in the debate mean each candidate's microphone has only turned on when it's their turn to speak. There's no studio audience, and they can't talk to their staff during breaks or bring any notes with them. Both candidates are provided with only a pin and a pad and a bottle of water.
Speaker 4: It's said to begin at eight pm.
Speaker 3: It'll air on ABC and Old Stream on Disney Plus Hulu, ABC News Live.
Speaker 4: That's all according to ABC.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about the weather a little bit, because forecasters are expecting Tropical Storm fran Scene to strengthen to a cat to hurricane before making lamdfall in Louisiana. They're saying the coastal cities here in Texas will be affected. So a tropical storm watch is now in effect for most of the Texas coast. That tropical storm warning to Sabine passed from High Island to Sabine passed. There's a storm surge of up to three feet expected in Galveston Bay tomorrow morning. So, as we mentioned yesterday, Governor Greg Abbott has there to the Texas Department of Emergency Management to activate state emergency response resources.
Speaker 4: So we are kind of monitoring the weather right now. All right, let's talk.
Speaker 3: About some fun stuff. You know that candy company Brocks. They are giving people the opportunity to stay in these elaborate candy corn themed hotel suites this morn They're at the Great Wolf Lodge locations, a couple of them, so they're being offered on a first room, first come, first served basis. The rooms are they start with availability between September twenty second, which is a first day of fall and Halloween, so five to six guests.
Speaker 4: It's three forty nine per night.
Speaker 3: But the suite is decked out top to bottom in orange, yellow and white with candy Corn designs everywhere. We have footage of this nightmare or dream.
Speaker 4: Suite, depending on how you think of.
Speaker 3: It on links and guests you'll also get candy Corn.
Speaker 1: Ship to your house.
Speaker 3: James Earl Jones died yesterday. He was ninety three years old. He was the voice of Darth Vader in Star Wars. He was the voice of Mufasa in The Lion King. He played Eddie Murphy's dad in Coming to America. He did the promos for CNN. I mean, this is someone who was in the field of dreams. He's in the sand lot. He's part of really so many classics, so lots of entertainers are paying tribute to him this morning.
Speaker 4: James Earld Jones rip okay.
Speaker 3: Everyone is sharing their opinions about the new incarnation of Lincoln Park right well, Chester Bennington's son has weighed in and he is absolutely not a fan. In an Instagram story posts yesterday, Jamie Bennington said that Mike Shanoda has quietly erased his father's legacy in real time, and he mentioned that it is International Suicide Prevention months, so he's like, I guess that stings extra hard for him. He wrote these long paragraphs about the relaunch of the band. He does not like Emily Armstrong, referring to her ties in scientology, her support of Danny Masterson, which were kind of touched on yesterday. He really thinks this whole thing. He didn't leave much doubt. He really thinks this whole thing is a horrible idea.
Speaker 4: You can read on it on the music blog page. Those are Houston's.
Speaker 1: Headlines Monday Night football.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Aaron Rodgers did not tear his achilles yep, so he made it past that point in the season. Forty Niners did beat the Jets thirty two to nineteen. Rogers looked a little rusty out there, and forty nine Ers running back their backup running back Jordan Mason ran for one hundred and forty seven yards in a touchdown. I think the forty Niners scored on eight consecutive drives. So you can't really beat teams when you're letting them score every same time.
Speaker 6: They go down the field.
Speaker 5: One right before the game, star running back for the Fortnitans, Christian mccafey, was announced that he was out with a calf injury, and so his backup coming in and just absolutely kicking ass.
Speaker 6: Oh, he was so great. Crazy.
Speaker 5: You can see all about that on the sports blog page today, and Baseball asked us we'll be back in action tonight. They're going to open up a three game series with the A's at Minute Made Park. Spencer Raic Getty will be in the mount for this Strows going up against Oaklands Los Baldo Bido first pitched at seven to ten.
Speaker 6: You can listen to that game on our.
Speaker 5: Sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety.
Speaker 1: That is going on in sports. Okay, let's do a show today.
Speaker 6: Let's do it.
Speaker 1: Let's do a really good radio show today.
Speaker 6: I'm down.
Speaker 1: We'll have some fun and games. We'll have a chance for you to win, some great stuff, some good information. Oh. I almost got scammed again yesterday again on the phone. I phone scammed a different one that's out there right now, they're coming at me. So I want to share that information with you so that you don't get fooled by this. So yeah, I think we're going to be crazy busy this morning. If you'd like to get in on the first phone call, call chilling now seven one three, two two five. If you'd like to be the first phone call, I'd love to get you on the show to get us started. The most interactive show on the radio starts right now ninety four or five The Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan's Show. I was recorded in Radio wizards kitchen.
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 1: They didn't know where to come in and they clapped about a minute and a half ago.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'll freak down.
Speaker 1: I'm not done yet. I don't know what version that is, I really don't, but I mean it's one of my favorite stone table pilots on this plush. Obviously some acoustic version. I don't know where it was from. I don't it's not the MTV unpluged version because they don't clap, and they don't clap at the wrong spot.
Speaker 5: And in the final track.
Speaker 1: Maybe yes, yes, yeah, oh you're not done. Okay, keep going, please keep please continue. Hey, I hope you're up to a great start to your day. Thank you for tuning in to The Rod Ryan Show. It is tat Tuesday today, it is debate Day. I shared with these guys. I said, I'm a little too excited. I'm a little too excited. I don't know. I I schoolgirl. Yeah, excited. I want to curl up on the couch, a little cuff of soup for one, and I want to I want to watch the second presidential debate. It's the second one, but it's obviously the first with these two uh in there, and it's going to be on at eight o'clock. I'm a big David your fan, Okay, I like David David yours my god.
Speaker 4: You have been on his bandwagon for some time now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I watched him. I watched that ABC News early early in the morning at four o'clock. He started there and then he rose to the main Dude, you know so that we're not gonna talk about that whole morning, don't worry, Okay, we are going to talk about some other things. We're gonna talk about Cody. You guys are gonna keep going with that hot Cody's gonna go for wind number four freshout of man head to head challenge that's coming up in just a little bit. Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary party tickets, Homeroom, you're getting those? Are we doing something fun tomorrow? You bet your sweet little behind. We are something very very fun. A block of tickets will be given away tomorrow to the Rod Ryan Show twentieth Aniversary party. That's all people know. Don't worry. It's like, well, Rod, do people know more than me?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 6: And were Rod.
Speaker 1: That's it. That's all that is out there now. This rain situation, it's a thirty percent chance today with cloudy skies, HI have about eighty five more chances of rain tomorrow. Where we think in this storm Lake Charles, is that what's happening right now? Because I know we have pupple Storm fran scene working. There's gonna be an update at seven and then a tracking update at ten. The seven o'clock update will be like wind speeds and stuff like that. Right now, it's looking like Lake Charles who have been getting hammered over there, so we certainly wish them the best.
Speaker 8: It's now time for the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 1: It's like cash got through on the first phone call hey Cash?
Speaker 8: Hello, can you hear me?
Speaker 1: I can hear you? Fine? Hi Cash? How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm doing good?
Speaker 6: How are you?
Speaker 1: Hey, dude, I'm great. I don't normally start out my phone calls this way, but Cash, how old are you?
Speaker 4: I'm eleven years old?
Speaker 1: Eleven years old? Okay, Well, what you're doing this morning? I'm assuming you're getting ready for school? Yeah, I'm on my way.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I tried to call two weeks ago, two weeks ago.
Speaker 9: I got through two weeks ago.
Speaker 1: Okay, what grade are you in? I'm in sixth sixth grade? Okay. Did you have homework last night?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 1: I feel like there was a huge uptick in homework. A couple of years ago, parents were complaining about how wicked bad it was and how like crazy it was. Now I feel like the opposite is happening. I don't feel like kids have homework at all. Did you okay? Do you get homework normally?
Speaker 8: No, it's only if you don't finish an assessment at school, then we had to.
Speaker 1: Do it at home. Gotcha, I gotcha. So what'd you do last night? What do you do? What do you do like on a Monday night?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: I didn't go to school. You didn't go to school yesterday.
Speaker 6: That's badass.
Speaker 1: Well wait a minute, were you were you ill? Cash?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 9: It was like a shooting through it.
Speaker 1: That's goy, Cash. What's the school that you went to that you go to?
Speaker 9: Kimmy Brown?
Speaker 1: Okay, Woodrow Wilson School.
Speaker 4: Who's coaching you in the back? Is that mom?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 1: So how are you feeling going into school today? You feel good about it? Are you a little are you nervous? What's going on in your brain right now?
Speaker 9: I'm a little scared.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, you shouldn't have to go through that. I feel terrible. I feel terrible. You shouldn't have those thoughts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's not cool, man.
Speaker 1: Cash. Everything's gonna be good. Yeah, everything, Everything's gonna be good. Nothing happened, So that's that's the key, and hopefully those people there are gonna keep you safe. All right? All right? Cash? What one final thing? Subject? Is there one that you like more than ever?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 1: What's the best part of school?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 9: Pre athletics?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I figured it was gonna be. You're gonna tell me lunch listen, Cash, have a great day at school, man. I like you checking in with us in the morning. I'm sorry you had to deal with that. I'm sorry you guys had to deal with that yesterday. I really am.
Speaker 9: Can I tell you.
Speaker 1: Something real quick? Yeah, real quick? Go ahead.
Speaker 11: You think you can put me again Cody Waite?
Speaker 1: Say that again?
Speaker 9: Cash, you think you can put me against.
Speaker 1: Cody in what the suburb Summer? Saysler, fresh out of Bed? Oh okay, Cody, that's right, I can't get you. Well, I'll tell you what. I'll say what I I'll tell you what I tell everybody that gets through on the first phone call. If you can get back on, you can play Cody in the Fresh out of Bed head to head. Okay, So what time do school start? It's it's six fourteen right now. You're in the car on the way to school. Yes, okay, I'm going to take a break and then boom, we're going to take calls to take on Cody. If you get through, Bro, you can take you can play them all right? All right, Cash, thanks for getting the started today. All right, let me take a short break. When we come back in a rect check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll do just what we said. We'll get set up for the Game, Rock and A'll Tear Ryan Morning Show twenty four or five, The Buzz Welcome Back Rod Ryan's Show. I'd like to think people listen to this show are smarter and funnier than their friends, right. I love that line of sorry, I wish I came up with it. I so wish I came up with that line chance of rain Cloudy's Guys Today high of eighty five. What's trending?
Speaker 3: So tributes are pouring in for James Earl Jones, who died at the age of ninety three. He passed away. He is considered to be one of the world's best actors. He has EGOT status. So yeah, lots of tributes pouring in for that. That's all over the X That's the number one search on Google and we're.
Speaker 1: Talking about it every generation out there, you know, I mean Star Wars was the seventies, you know, I mean Darth Vader, but sand Lot it just yeah, everybody knows this guy. He was amazing.
Speaker 4: The next thing trending is Apple.
Speaker 3: They unveiled their lineup of new products that includes the iPhone sixteen and sixteen plus. They did it at their headquarters yesterday.
Speaker 4: Let's see go by it, guys.
Speaker 3: iPhone sixteen starts at eight hundred dollars. The iPhone sixteen plus starts at eight hundred and ninety nine dollars.
Speaker 1: Do you guys need that? Go go?
Speaker 4: Also the Apple Watch series ten.
Speaker 3: Yeah, new colors on the Airpodsmax, lots of googling about that, and then here it's really the Francine track. That's what everyone is googling that. So it's like hurricane wash. But there was also Monday Night Football last night.
Speaker 4: You kind of got to give it to the forty nine ers.
Speaker 3: They are at a time for the most wins in NFL history on Monday Night Football, they have fifty three. So yeah, they kind of blew out the Jets last night if anyone was watching that because.
Speaker 4: Football is back. I don't know if you guys care, but that's what's trending on nighty four five plus.
Speaker 1: No I care that my applestock was only up zero point four percent. Guys, please go buy the phone. Go buy the phone. Go get it. You need it, sheep, go get it.
Speaker 11: Good morning, everybody, This is Cody, your fresh out of bed head to head three days at you.
Speaker 9: Rod said, find another dear, I found it.
Speaker 11: Join me on that Tuesday when I'm making win number four business.
Speaker 1: He's been the weirdest champ. You know. I can't get much out of him, but he sounds like he's underwater, but he's win. He's going for win number four today, And I said, I'm gonna put some Trans Siberian Orchestra tickets in there. That's gonna be your first pair before they go on sale. So call now. It's ninety four or five to buzz Allah huzz Redhawk, Chili Peppers and Scar Tissue. Rob Ryan's show, Happy tattooesday. Everybody of your off to a great start to your day. Thirty percent chance of rain chlody Skies high of eighty five. I love talking about that. The high today of eighty five. More rain expected tomorrow. Tropical storm, is it, Francine. That's what's kind of working in the golf right now. We're gonna be fine. We're gonna get a little bit of rain tomorrow. But there's a there's an update coming. I'm just letting testa no, there's an update coming at seven about the the storm. I guess the wind speeds and all of that, and then tracking update will be coming today at ten, let's play a game. And now it's time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Listeners to New York Corners, Cody Work, what's up, dude. I feel like you're kind of coming in your own a little bit now. It's been a rough path with you, dude, but you're getting it done. You're getting games behind you. You're going for one number four today, right, Yes, all right. Everyone is asking you to speak up. It's not just me. Everyone is asking you to really lean into that phone. Okay, Cody, I don't want you, you know, I want you to I want to clean game here. Okay, yes, okay, I still don't hear them. You're taking on Charlie this morning.
Speaker 2: Charlie.
Speaker 1: Hey, good morning. We had some Charlie drops. Oh yeah, we had some Charlie drops. Charlie bit my finger. It's an old classic. It's an old Internet classic. There's some other Charlie stuff in there. Charlie. It's been a while since you've been on with us. When was the last time you played? Oh man, it's been probably two years. Two years. Did I say something that made you mad? You know?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think Chili doesn't like me anymore.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, Okay, we had a good run.
Speaker 1: And Chili said, I'm not answering next time. Cal I'm all about blaming Chili. All right, Well let's put that on him. Welcome back after a two year absence. All you got to do is shout out your name when you think you know the answer. You need two correct answers to win.
Speaker 3: This a pair of tickets to the Transhiberian Orchestra the last Christmas Eve tour, which I think.
Speaker 1: This is more of a concert announcement to our tickets going on sale this Friday's right. Yeah, and we did that with the Tody's yesterday. Okay, listening for Charlie. Charlie, did you win any games back in the day.
Speaker 7: I did.
Speaker 6: I made it to the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: Oh and Chili won't answer your calls. No, he told me every time I call him caller eight or nine.
Speaker 6: I was nine yesterday.
Speaker 1: I'll speak with him after the show, all right, Charlotte, Charlie and Cody, shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Question number one, what do football players wear on their heads? Cody, helmet? They do? Yeah?
Speaker 6: I would have also had to accept the Guardians.
Speaker 1: Well, that was gonna be my question for my sports guy. Here, is anybody wearing the Guardian caps because the NFL, the NFL has said what they're wearing, what they're not all wearing in practice? A lot of them are they can wear those in games?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Jabrill Pepper's on the Patriots wore.
Speaker 6: And then there's a guy I think on the Colts that had one of two.
Speaker 1: Okay, Guardian that's the that's the padding that goes outside of the shell of the helmets. Sure, all right, Well Cody got that. When Charlie a little rusty, step it up. Let's go on the way back machine, as Tessa likes to do with some of her questions. Yes, I do what actor played the role of Danny Zuko in Greece? Cody Urry, go for it, Cody, John Travolta.
Speaker 12: Wow, it's a correct answer, Oh, Denny, Cody.
Speaker 1: Cody, how old are you?
Speaker 9: Thirty something? Thirty five? Thirty sir?
Speaker 1: Okay, I appreciate that you knowing that greet knowing that grease question. Hey, Charlie, don't wait two years. Okay, Well, I'll talk to Chili afterwards. So I appreciate that he's a Hall of Famer. He needs to be treated better. Chili. It's a former Hall of Famer, Charlie, have a great day, thanks man. That was within number four, Cody, are you going for the Hall of Fame tomorrow?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 2: What the he?
Speaker 1: How how to say that? By going two questions to answers, you're sir, Okay, dude, you're getting it done.
Speaker 8: The rod Ryan Show on ninety four five, The Bus, ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: I saw the headlines too, just like Tessa was talking about in Houston's headlines, Chester Bennington's son, I haven't read I do. I want to take the time to read exactly what he's saying. Of course, you know, anybody replacing your dad in a band, you know, or replacing your dad at his job, you know who's gonna like that replacement. I didn't read the specific comments, but everyone is saying okay. Obviously the kid's not approving of what's going on. I don't know what the state is of affairs with Chester Bennington's widow, who went on to remarry quickly after Chester passed away.
Speaker 11: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Does Mike Chanoda gotta call her up and say, hey, can we do this? I mean, I don't know how any of that works. Yeah, I don't know either, you know. I mean it's Chester's wife, so Chester still has a stake in the band. So I would imagine that the air would be his wife, that she would have some saying what's going on, but the son's not down with it. That's all on the music blog page. If you want to, I'm going to go and read it as well. You can go check that out on Links and Guests. World Famous Rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com. Uh thirty percent chance of ring klaudte Sky's high of eighty five today the crash out of bed head to hand challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 11: Good morning everybody. This is Cody and I'm still hanging around. I am you're fresh.
Speaker 1: Out of bed.
Speaker 9: He head to your head four days Shapi pertan.
Speaker 11: Are two questions to answer games and it still sounds like Rod's not convinced. Well, I'm gonna shut everyone up on Wednesday as we go back to back.
Speaker 9: Cody's in the Hall of fame.
Speaker 1: That is, is anyone else thinking that this guy is a killer but he's killing He doesn't sound like a killer.
Speaker 3: He doesn't give killer vibes, but he does answer two questions to answers a lot.
Speaker 1: But the fact that he doesn't give a killer vibe does that make him more dangerous?
Speaker 6: I think it's problem like, oh.
Speaker 1: Have you heard that guy winning? I can beat him. No you can't, You're dead, No you can't. Somebody call other John. Has there ever been two back to back Hall of Famers with the same name? Might be history, It could be history. History could be made tomorrow on this show.
Speaker 13: It's the fun back to the day. Let's go we make you look smart, buddies. It's the fun back to the day.
Speaker 1: I didn't come up with that line listening to the show. I'll make you look smart in front of your buddies, especially this, specifically this segment right here. Don't forget. I got rod Ryan Show twenty anniversary party tickets coming up for you on the flashback. But some new fun facts for you today. The character who made the most appearances on Seinfeld outside of the four main characters, Puddy Putty was a good guess. I think Newman is a great guess. I think Newman's a great guest because he was on all of the seasons Putty was only on a couple of seasons. George Great Guesses. Ruthie Cohen, the waitress and cashier at the Diner get this. She was in one hundred and one of the one eighty episodes. A lot of times just in the background, but she was in it the most out of the four characters. I love that one. I love this. The average adult produces around five hundred Leaders of Whiz every year. That is fun who That's enough to fill up about three standard bathtubs. Some P that's yeah European. Yeah, if you're down with pe you're going with me. Wasn't that a Wheezer song? No, it was the bass player's band down with p Yeah, I forgot the name of it. The Replacements or something like that. The worst shutout in NFL regular season history came in nineteen thirty four. The Cincinnati Reds lost to the Philadelphia Eagles sixty four to zero. The Cincinnati Reds were kicked out of the league after that game and never ever played another football game. That's neat, yep, it's the fuck that's in the day.
Speaker 13: We make you look smart, your buddies, It's the fuck that's to the day.
Speaker 1: Okay, talk about what you're giving away here?
Speaker 3: Okay, So I have a pair passes to the Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party. Yes, they're coming into Home Room October twelfth at Carbuck Brewing, Shine down by October some Mom David dead Men the next season more can't bypasses, Alex.
Speaker 1: It was the rentals friends of Pea. It was a side project for the then bass player of Weezer. Okay, so anniversary show got something real special tomorrow. But today, who was Thomas Jefferson's first lady? Seven one three two one two five nine four five. We stumped a US history teacher yesterday with this one.
Speaker 5: It's now time for rockout with your stock out with Captain Cash.
Speaker 1: All right, it's for anniversary party tickets that don't mess it up. Hey, how brother, good morning, my brother from another mother. How do we do on Wall Street? Yesterday?
Speaker 7: It was a good day on Wall Street. The Dow was up four hundred and eighty four points kick off this morning at forty eight twenty nine. Nastack up one hundred and ninety three to sixteen thousand and eight eighty four. Benchmark. Tenured Treasury is trading at a three point seven two percent, and oil stands at sixty eight dollars seven cents of barrow to the most actives, the big studs Verias and Boeing and Travelers, the big Duds, Murk, Nike and the United Health on the economic.
Speaker 1: Account this morning.
Speaker 7: Well it's all clear, but right now futures just slightly on the down. Sall come, one must turn this baby around.
Speaker 10: That's it.
Speaker 7: I'm out here, this is how and manage you director with Ram James ported by the Right Rone show, I'm many dance on same fleet. Then they got there and don't get the noise for rock out leta stock out.
Speaker 8: Vimin's expressed are those of all Land and not necessarily those of Ramon James and associates. Income Ever, nat as, IBC, i ART Radio or its sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable. That it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmision. We'll continue if this is not a solicitation offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your RANDA program is are educational and informational services on Lake. The Studs of Duds are based on movement, as reported by Young ninety four.
Speaker 1: Or five the buzz Yeah, Planet Fitness, your membership and a thousand dollars cash to the winner of the freshout of Bed Head to Head Tournament of Champions. Cody's one win away from getting into that tournament. How about that?
Speaker 4: Did message me about Cody?
Speaker 3: He said, not during twenty twenty two, twenty three, or twenty four have there been back to back champions with.
Speaker 1: The same name, with the same name. Yeah, Cody was the last person in the Hall of Fame, and then this Cody is two questions away from making that history on this show. Okay, I know we got a good prize here. So good morning. Hello, Hello, who's this? This is Craig. Craig, Welcome to the show. How are you today? Oh, I'm wonderful. How are you listen? I'm wanting you. I'm great, Thank you, I'm wanting you to win. I'm wanting you. In the Rod Ryan Show twenty f anniversary party, who was Thomas Jefferson's first lady?
Speaker 2: I believe it was his daughter?
Speaker 1: Oh this guy? Now did you know that or did you hear it on the show? And you became smarter? My listening to the fun facts? Hey, I gotta look come on in front of my buddy. Yeah you do, Yeah you do. And that's well. A US history teacher emailed me and said, Rod, I don't teach that because I didn't know that. So Thomas Jefferson's wife died before he became president, so their daughter was the first lady during his president during his term. Craig twentieth anniversary party, you're in? Whoa Craig Runstow. That's what I'm talking about, Craig. Sounds like a good time, dude. I think we got a good addition. I appreciate that, man. I appreciate you. Craig. Who are you gonna bring? I don't know yet, Probably my brother, maybe my daughter because.
Speaker 11: She's going to be turning eighteen, and.
Speaker 1: The owner as well. You know what you do. You just notified the whole family that you've got tickets, and you just say I expect everybody on their best behavior if they want to be chosen to.
Speaker 8: Go with me.
Speaker 1: All right, Craig, Thank you man, You're awesome. So thirty percent chance of rain Claude's Guy's high eighty five. I was thinking that because of this tropical storm fran scene, that maybe we were going to get some more rain. They were predicting it that we were going to get more rain. We're actually going to get less rained tomorrow. I think we're going to be just fine. But I know you're talking about it. What are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 3: I'm actually going to wait for that seven o'clock announcement, that update to come right now. I'm still going to talk about there being a debate tonight. Former President Trump and Vice President Harris are just hours away from their first and possibly only debate. It's less than two months before the presidential election. Tonight's event is in Philadelphia. It will be the first time the two have ever met in person. The debate is set to begin at eight pm Our time. It'll air on ABC. It'll stream on Disney Plus and Hulu if you have those streaming services. FYI here locally. Houston Police Cadets have a pay raise coming. Marria John Whitmyer announced a ten thousand dollars pay increasey yesterday in front of a class of HPD cadets.
Speaker 4: With Myer says the rais is effective.
Speaker 3: Immediately, and told the class they'd also received their five thousand dollars incentive once they finished the academy. The mayor added that new contract with the police department will be negotiated next year. The HPD chief No Ideas, thanked Whitmeyer for the raises and for appointing him to be the new police chief. During that exchange. Okay, this next thing is this is a funny story.
Speaker 1: Well, I sent you a bunch of stuff, and I never know, like what is going to catch Tessa's eye. So I said all these crazy things. I'm like, okay, well, maybe you can use this as a fun story. It's funny that you chose this.
Speaker 3: Well because everyone is now ordered like Timu, the app Temu where you order something's like a I don't know, Asian Amazon.
Speaker 1: Is that a good Yeah? So I think a lot of people would know. Wish. Okay, Wish used to be the cheap Amazon, and then Timu started advertising during the Super Bowl and people took a look at it. I even have bought stuff from there. Now it takes a little while for the stuff to come in, but it's really cheap, and you know, is it the highest quality stuff? I don't know, but have a look.
Speaker 3: So this one chick orders a croissant lamp and it's like, that's kind of funny if you love croissantsy yellow lamp side bed by your table, whatever.
Speaker 4: True.
Speaker 1: Imagine there's somebody out there that would make sense.
Speaker 4: Well, she said, she left her room for the day.
Speaker 3: It was on a hot day, and she came back and there were hundreds of ants underneath her new lamp. It turns out the croissant lamp was a real croissant coated in resin. And she to prove her point, she's like, it's food, like they sent me food for my lamp.
Speaker 4: It's not.
Speaker 1: I mean, did it turn on a light on it? Yeah?
Speaker 6: I mean they didn't.
Speaker 4: Literally, she's a confide of it. It is a croissant lamp.
Speaker 3: It's just, honestly, another reminder to beware what you buy on these things on these apps. You know, if you're getting grssant lamp for five dollars, it might be an actual croissant just with a light in it to save to cut costs.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's talk. She was, I think should have just frustrated. It's on three Things you Must see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you gotta see it. It's a real crosso go.
Speaker 4: Check it out.
Speaker 3: Yet another eighties classic, allegedly getting a sequel. This time it's the Goonies. We kind of talked about this. It was trending for a little bit yesterday. But according to the rumor, the original kids are returning.
Speaker 4: So who does that mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Corey Feldman in there, Josh Brolan, Jeff Cohen, Kerrie Green, Martha Plimpton, Sean Aston.
Speaker 1: Oh hang on, all those names. Josh Brolan is like a legit real actor now, I mean, is a superstar. Sean Asketon kind of is too. But I mean if Josh Brolan agrees to it, then I'm on board that. That means it's not a goof.
Speaker 6: Do you think Feldman gets easy to get off the road?
Speaker 1: Feldman solid Feldman will say yes to anything out there.
Speaker 4: Pull him out of those shiny gloves.
Speaker 1: But you know what I'm saying, if Josh Brolan is on board, it kind of legitimizes it.
Speaker 4: I think so.
Speaker 3: So I don't saying the movie would film next to your release some time in twenty twenty six or twenty seven. And yeah, they're saying it's been.
Speaker 4: Given the green light to move forward. All right, all right, let's talk about eminem because.
Speaker 3: He's gonna open the twenty twenty four MTV Video Music Awards, he'll be giving viewers the first TV performance of music from his latest album, The Death of Some Shady Coop de grass M last performed at the VMA's back in twenty twenty two with Snoop Dogg, where they did like from the D two to the LBC. Anyway, he is up for eight nominations this year. If he went just one, he'll officially become the artist with the most wins by a male artist in VMA history.
Speaker 1: All I heard out of what you just said, huh, and I'm happy about it. A fifty one year old man is opening up the VMA's right, right, who hold, guys are awesome.
Speaker 4: It's your time.
Speaker 3: It's your time, and I think it just rus too old.
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: The TV Movie Awards will be oh this Wednesday, and Hometown Girl Megan.
Speaker 4: Hosting, So that's pretty cool. Those are reason sidelines.
Speaker 1: A fifty one year old man is opening up the BMAS. Yes, okay, what you got?
Speaker 5: On Monday Night football, the forty nine Ers beat the Jets thirty two to nineteen. Forty nine Ers backup running back Jordan Mason ran for one hundred and forty seven yards and a touchdown, filling in for the injured Christian McCaffrey.
Speaker 1: You can go see about that on the sports blog page.
Speaker 5: Today. You can also see they released bodycam footage of Tyreek Hill's arrest from Sunday. He was detained, you know, by police going to the stadium. There's bodycam footage. You can go make up your own opinions on that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you just can't look at one camera view and say, Okay, this is what my thoughts are. You got to see all the different things and what happened beforehand. I put that on the Crazy Criminal blog page too. Okay, yeah, yeah, there's a lot of camera angles.
Speaker 5: Now everybody's got thoughts on But you can go make your own opinions on the sports blog page or Crazy Criminals.
Speaker 1: He had teammates show up and they pulled over and they're like, do you know who that is? And the cups are like, this is the traffic stop. You cannot be involved in this. Move your car, and I think they detained another person that stopped like somebody would be wins.
Speaker 5: Jail, but they were detained and then booked or I guess sighted.
Speaker 1: And then you got fans walking by with Dolphins jerseys, just going, hey, there's our guy. That's Tyrene Bye.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 5: In baseball, the Astros they're gonna be back in action tonight. They're going to open up a three game series with the A's At minute Made Park, Spincer Araghetto be in the mount for the strows, going up against Oakland's Azvaldo Bido first pitches at seven ten. You can listen to that game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety that what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: Houston's Rod Rocking alternatives, The rod.
Speaker 8: Ry The Morning Show six to ten am ninety four.
Speaker 1: Or five ninety four or five the Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Guns n' Roses. Welcome to the Jungle and welcome to the seventh spot. If you're carrying over from home room, thank you. If you are just joining us, Wakey, wakey, hands off those cupcakes. Well, the weather, we're not gonna be affected quite like we thought with this tropical storm France scene now like Charles and you know Louisiana, that's a whole nother story. But yeah, it has been upgraded to a tropical storm, so they've given it the name Francine, we knew that was well, we kind of figured that was coming. But as far as rain is concerned, yesterday were they were talking about much more rain for us, that said nothing above. Oh yeah, low chances of rain for under twenty percent tomorrow, thirty percent chance of rain today. Cloudy's guy's going to keep it a little cooler out there, though. I'll take that. Eighty five is your high today, eighty six tomorrow, and then we'll be back into the nineties. Okay, another day, if you've been listening to the show, if you listened to us yesterday, another day, another.
Speaker 4: Scam on another day, on your scamming with Ryan.
Speaker 1: Show, on your brother Rod Ryan.
Speaker 4: Why are they trying to get you so hard?
Speaker 1: Brother Rod got another scam attempt on me yesterday. I shared an email with you yesterday that said I was looking at dirty pictures on the internet and they were going to expose it to all of my contacts unless I sent them. They gave me a QR code for a bitcoin, but this one, but this one included, and it's scary. I mean, I'm laughing about it, but I'm half laughing about it because of the email. They've got my email they have my address, and I know this stuff is obtainable online. They have my address, and then they had like a picture of my house, like a weird picture of like the back corner of my house, like a back area that I'll go to. It's just you know, Google images. Yesterday was that scam. I'll tell you about today's scam. I'll tell you about yesterday. Well, i'll tell you about the scam that happened to me yesterday. I'll tell you about that. In about ten minutes or so. Some guy already guessed it too. He's like, was this and this? I said, yep, so someone else got it. It was all done via a phone call, and it was someone claiming to be from the a chief deputy with the Harris County Sheriff's Office.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, that's illegal for them to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they sent me a warrant and everything. Okay, I'm going to do it.
Speaker 4: Coming up, take me from the top.
Speaker 1: Well, i'll take you through that coming up just a little bit. But I wanted to catch up on a few other things. One hundred dollars Jersey Mike's gift card. We're gonna give that away coming up after the break Okay, you hear Tessa and I. We're sandwich people, okay, and it and these guys they know how to make some sandwiches. So I was very happy that they wanted to come on board. We got a lot of pit tickets today on the show. Creed is a sold out show Saturday Night. We have tickets in the pit at eight twenty, but we're gonna play the Who's Shorter Game? One person in the twenty year history of the show requested the Who's Shorter Game? How could I say no to that guy? So we're gonna play at eight twenty. Academy Sports and Outdoors twenty Days, twenty years of the Rod Ryan Show, two hundred dollars yesterday we started this It's Day nineteen. We'll give away a two hundred dollars Academy Sports and Outdoors gift card at nine ten, and then we'll leave you with some more pit passes for the Sunday night show, Rob Zombie and l Scooper. You heard us giving away twentieth anniversary party tickets in homeroom. We'll give away another pair on the air tomorrow. But we are going to give away a block of tickets tomorrow during the show. I'm just gonna leave it at that. That's all. No one else has any inside information. How do you even think Chili knows what's going on with this one? He has an inside information. The last time, we gave away a big chunk of tickets, but I want to give away a chunkier chunk of tickets tomorrow, so we're going to do that. The Boos Rock Golf Tournament is sold out. It's going down Tuesday, October fifteenth at Wildcat Golf Club. We got Admiral Transfer and Rigging on board as our title sponsor, Thank you du Concisi. Carbock is, of course our official beer. Liquid Death is our official water. So I either want to Love Street in your hand or I want a Liquid Death in your hand. Liquid Death on board for the first time. Thank you Big Mike. We are sold out on the golfers, but we need more sponsors. Okay, I need more sponsors. If you have a local business and you want to come out and party. I told the story about the guy that hangs all my TVs and and does all the Tessa's camera work, and all the cameras at my house, and the apps and the smart things I met Chris from Jarvis at the golf tournament. I said, what do you do? He said, this is what I do. I said, give me a card. Next thing I know, I'm writing this guy checks. Yeah. Same, Yeah, I'm writing this guy checks. And now my neighbor across the street's writing the checks this week. All this from this guy coming in and sponsoring the golf tournament, like wanting to like sponsor a hole, put a tent up there, passed out business cards. He's getting business. So you can do the same. Get involved with the Boobs Rock golf tournament. You can email me. But Chili has a link up on the world famous rob ryanshop page at the buzz dot com. Debate time, Yeah, do a little bit of debate talk. Are you okay? Are you not watching any of it?
Speaker 4: I'll watch some of it, will I will?
Speaker 3: I will because because you know what I find interesting the polls, which I never listened to. But the pollsters are going crazy because they're like they are dead even they are so even there is a point and I'm like, Okay, these don't mean anything, but the fact that like they're going with this like flip.
Speaker 4: Of a coin.
Speaker 1: Okay, but was that last was that last debate. Will that go down as the most important debate of all time? No debate has ever knocked a candidate out of running for president.
Speaker 3: It changed the trajectory when you were the nominee presidential race. It changed the trajectory of it. So I think when we all collectively kind of looked and was like, what, okay, that's that can be it?
Speaker 1: All right, I'm gonna knock this out. We gotta take a break. Want me come back in a rec check for you. We'll find out what's trending. I'll give you the Jersey Mike's gift card, and then uh, I'll tip you to another local scam that's happening out here. Rock and Alternative, The rod Ryan Marni Show six to ten AM, the ninety four or five The Buzz Welcome back rod Ryan's Show, Tattooesday. I haven't even taken a look at the tatt Tuesday feature yet, but I do know we've got a really great link and this is we just you had a lot of entertainment stuff. You had a lot of stuff this morning, Tessa. But Carrie Underwood tells the story how she turned down the Sunday Night Football gig.
Speaker 13: Really.
Speaker 1: Yeah. She was asked before, was it faith Hill?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 1: Yes? She was asked for early early on, and people forgot and I got a story on this and it's got the faith Hill one. Don't forget. Pink did it the very first year, Pink one one and done, then faith Hill for five years and then Carrie's done it. But Carrie didn't she said no at first. After faith Hill's run, they went back to her and she said, yeah, it's a pretty interesting story. It's on links and yesterday, so that's something you want to go look at for sure. What's trending?
Speaker 3: Okay, this isn't very light tight and bright, but remember Johnny Hockey and his brother were killed in that by writing accident.
Speaker 1: I saw the story yesterday. It absolutely broke my heart. It's already a tragedy that these two brothers were killed.
Speaker 3: Right one an NHL star, right one NHL star Him and his so Johnny was thirty one, his brother Matthew twenty nine. They were tragically killed by an alledged drunk driver while they were riding bikes.
Speaker 4: It was the weekend.
Speaker 3: It was like the night or the couple of days before his sister's wedding. Yes, okay, so I was like, oh my gosh, what have tried bey for that family? Oh my gosh, his poor sister. Then at the memorial service yesterday, his wife Meredith shared that she is nine weeks pregnant with their third child. They hadn't announced it yet, No, they hadn't said anything, and they had just welcomed their second kid back in February.
Speaker 4: They had created their you know, working on this family, creating this family.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's just so so brutal. So I'm sorry that's not very light time bright, but that is in the headlines. That is in the news cycle today. Also, okay, we announced that Kendrick Lamar was going to perform at the Super Bowl halftime. A lot of people are saying that Lil Wayne was snubbed. You have Nicki Minaj going crazy, like throwing shots at jay Z, being like, why wouldn't you, you know, why would you snub the.
Speaker 4: Man of New Orleans?
Speaker 3: Like New Orleans, that's Lil Wayne town, that's hot boys.
Speaker 4: That's no limit soldiers, all of that.
Speaker 3: So there's a little bit of rat beef going on, just so you know, Nicki Minaj taking shots at jay Z saying you shouldn't have got Kendrick to do it. New Orleans is the home of Lil Wayne, and he would have made an incredible halftime show.
Speaker 1: Well, and I don't know what the history is between Kendrick Lamar and Lil Wayne, but when you're in the city of New Orleans, it brings up so many opportunities to bring on so many musicians. Yeah, I hope. So, I really think they will open it up because the city is so rich in music. They will have all sorts of New Orleans type. Maybe artists come through, I hope. So.
Speaker 4: I think it'll be a good one, Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 3: And then a little local trending that vintage river Oaks Theater has been closed for two years of renovations.
Speaker 1: It was lit up this morning. I drove by it.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's it's going to reopen. So they've got They've got Joker.
Speaker 3: The New Joker will be the feature at the grand opening October third. They'll have Rocky Horror Pictures show. There'll be fifty the anniversary screening screenings. So, uh, river Oaks Theater back in business. And that's what's trending on Eddy four five and bus.
Speaker 1: Okay, coming up, how I got almost scammed almost. I tell you, I hung in there for a while on this phone call yesterday.
Speaker 4: Because you're curious, not because you were gonna do it.
Speaker 3: I hoped you're gonna have to tell me.
Speaker 1: All right, Let's give something away first, though.
Speaker 3: Let's give away to some very lucky person one hundred dollars in Jersey Mike's gift cards. If it's not freshly slice, it's not Jersey Mike's.
Speaker 1: Jersey Mike's a sub above seven, one, nine, five, looking for caller number ten. Get ready for the most anticipated night in politics since Trump versus Biden. Everything we have to do with uh, look, if we finally beat Medicare. She stands just steps away from history.
Speaker 2: Hear me what I say.
Speaker 4: I know Donald Trump's.
Speaker 1: Tight, but he stands in her way. Kamala Harris? Did you see her last night on television.
Speaker 2: With the laugh.
Speaker 1: Trump versus Harris? The Free for All in Philly Tonight.
Speaker 2: The Ron Ryan Show on ninety four Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show, jelly Roll and need a Favor. It was a pretty interesting jelly roll video kind of talks about like his routine and what he's doing he's out on tour right now. And let me tell you, just being out on the road and being out on tour is just a massive toll on your body. I know he's not out there dancing around like Britney Spears. But Jelly's got to be concerned, man.
Speaker 10: Listen.
Speaker 1: I know he's like he's been working on losing weight and stuff. He doesn't appear to be losing any weight and being out on tour and being that heavy, He's got to be careful and he's he figure serious.
Speaker 4: He likes to drink. He likes to drink all line with his friends.
Speaker 3: I listened to Buddies podcast.
Speaker 7: You know this.
Speaker 3: She talks about how he likes to stay uplate drinking with his friends all night writing music. Because they're writing music. That's the that's their mo. You know, they're in the studio, they're drinking, they're talking about songs, they're working on stuff.
Speaker 4: But this is someone who it's.
Speaker 1: A big guy can yeah, and night after night after night out there on tour. The music log page has got some really good stuff on it today, so make sure you go and you and you check that out. We went Jelly around for a long time thirty percent chance of rain. Claude Skuy's highs of about eighty five. Over to the phones. Good morning, Hello, Hello, Hi, who's this Hi?
Speaker 4: Ashton?
Speaker 1: Hi, Ashton, welcome to the show. How are you today? Fantastic? You great? Thank you. I almost got scammed yesterday. I'm about to share that with everybody. I didn't almost get scamed when I hung on the phone for as long, longer than I thought I would, Ashton, your caller.
Speaker 2: Ten.
Speaker 1: Let's see what you've won, Tessa.
Speaker 3: Oh, Ashton, You're gonna get one hundred dollars in Jersey Mike's gift cards.
Speaker 4: Congratulations, enjoy it. Yeah, yeah, that's my favorite one.
Speaker 1: If I'm gonna go, I'm gonna get like the mixed Deli meat, some Italian something. I want some Capacola gabba ghoul I want you know now he's got me watching Sopranos. I want Gabba gool. Okay, bring over the Gaba gool. Ash didn't have a great. Thank you so much, Ashton. You're gonna love it over there. It's so good. Another scam, another day for your brother Rod. I talked to you over the week I told you over the weekend. I received an email yesterday's scam was an email that had my address a picture of my house saying that I've been looking at dirty things on the internet and they were going to expose it to my entire list of contacts. The thing that, again, I didn't take it serious, but I can see where somebody would be nervous about that. Yeah, okay, there that's my house in that picture. There was a piece of my house. It was like, that's the brick wall on the side of the back corner of my house. And they had my address, and they were pretty convincing in their email. He's like, here's what's gonna happen. Don't worry, I will forget about this. Here's the code. It was a QR code. It was bitcoin. You know that's a scam. You know that's a scam. But it was so much more elaborate than the saudy prints wanting to give you money that's just generic. Can be sent out to anybody, anybody's email. This was pretty specific to me. Okay, okay, I'll look at some dirty stuff online, but not on my phone. Ever. I don't ever look at porn on my phone.
Speaker 4: Okay, not me, but go ahead.
Speaker 1: Yesterday, during the show I get this message. I'm going to try to play it for you. This is a very local.
Speaker 7: Deputy, Mike Lee with the Harrison County Sheriff's Office. I need you to get in contact with me immediately.
Speaker 1: I guess number is seven to one, three three. I don't want to give that number. I don't want to give that number out. I don't want to give that out. This is the time sansitive matter.
Speaker 7: So make sure you're get in contact.
Speaker 3: With Okay, so it's time sensitive. It's a shariff's office. It's a real person, absolutely, so you can you can get me for racial profiling.
Speaker 1: All you want, Mike Lee is a white That didn't sound like Mike Lee, the white guy that I looked up online. That's that what that sounded like to me. But I'm still this is.
Speaker 4: Doing your your I call the number you're investigating.
Speaker 1: I call a number. It's that voice. Leave me a message. I'm like, I'm not gonna leave a message. I'm just gonna I'm gonna call. He calls me back, calls me back yesterday, and I said, okay, officer, it's a chief deputy. I don't know. I'm like, yes, deputy, how can I help you. He's like, well, we have a very serious matter here on our hands, and you missed jury duty. But it was for a very big case, okay. And he claimed that I had signed something, and he asked me, did you sign for something? I said, I don't recall that. He goes, I appreciate your honesty, but sir, this is a matter of you know if you signed for this.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 1: I may have signed for something, but I don't remember.
Speaker 4: Okay, but I feel like I did sign for something, okay.
Speaker 1: And I feel like I feel like, is this jerry duty? Is it real serious? He made it sound like it was a big case that I had missed out on federal case or something. And he's using all the lingo okay, and I'm yes, sirring and no sirring. I'm still doing all that because that's what I do with officers, okay. But I'm still feeling like, okay, my little trigger is going off. This might not be cool, right, Okay. So he's like, you're gonna have to come down here. And this was the weird part about it, because I started to get a little annoyed. Now, but he's still using all the right words okay, and he's talking about how serious this is. He said, we're going to need to compare your signature if it's not you. If it's not your signature, that's fine, sir. We're sorry about the inconvenience. What But I couldn't understand he as far as it went is he wanted me to come down there to compare signatures. Now. I don't know if it ultimately was going to be send me your signature via the phone. But I start to say, sir, there's too many scams out there. I'm still talking to him. Okay, I go, sir, there's way too many scams out there. I go, I'm not feeling very comfortable about this. This is like when somebody gets pulled over and you call and like, hey, is this a real officer behind me?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You know you're allowed to do that.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay. So I said, I'm not feeling good about this. He's like, well, if you check your phone, I just sent you United States District Court, Southern District of Texas. I just sent you an arrest warrant with your name on it.
Speaker 7: Ah.
Speaker 1: He sent me this, and I said, you're gonna send that via text right now on the phone. Yeah, I go. Now, I'm starting to get a little lippy with him. I'm like, bro, this does not sound cool at all.
Speaker 6: Yeah, just can serve that to me.
Speaker 1: Then I go, you're gonna just send me that and you're going to plug in my name on some arrest warrant that you have on file that you photo copied off the Yeah, I'm tech Internet. And he's staying with it. He's not losing his patience with me. And I said, I go, let me guess. I go, let's get to the end of this right now, deputy. If that's who you are, I go, what do you want? What do you want? Do you want my Social Security number? Can I provide that for you right now? You just want my bank routing number? Or maybe you can just give you your bitcoin information and I'll send this and I'll get this over with. Hey, you go, He goes, sir, I can tell you're not taking this serious. Okay. He stays with this, so he doesn't go for the money grab. So then I'm on the phone with this guy for about five minutes. Okay, I could look up how long the call was. I go, listen, Chief Deputy Mike Lee, who I think is a real guy, so I don't want to throw that guy under the bus. I go, are you at your desk? He said, yes, I am, sir. I go, give me the main number. I go, here's what's going to happen. I'm going to hang up. Give me the main number. And he gives me the main number. He gives me a boat. Well, he gives me a number, but I can't call it cause I'm talking to him. Give me the number. If you're at your desk, I'll ask to speak with you, and then boom, we'll continue this discussion. He goes, sir, if you break communication with me right now, we will take that as you not taking this serious. You know, he's using all the verbage like that. That's an admission of guilt. If I break the contact with this phone call. He's thinking he's got somebody on the stringer here, like okay. I imagine there's probably some sort of a metric. If you can keep somebody on the phone for a certain amount of time, you're leaning towards getting them to do what you want. So now I'm feeling like I've been on the phone way too long. I said, give me the number at the front desk. I didn't say what I wanted it for. I said, give me the Harris County Sheriff's office. What's the number. You must know it offhand. So he gives me a number right off the top of his head. I go, here's the deal. I'm not talking to you anymore on this particular call, but I mean no disrespect. But what's going to happen here is I'm going to call the number you just gave me. I'm going to ask to speak with you because you said you're at your desk, and then boom, we'll continue and we'll pick this up, okay, and my tone will be different. So I said, that's it. He's like, sir, do not and I click call the number. It's a bogus number. So I go to the text, I say FU, and I locked the number.
Speaker 4: I get your last U.
Speaker 1: I can't believe because I don't think an old person, like I said, listen, I'm not the smartest dude. Okay, I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer whatever the saying is sharpest tool in the shed. But I can think of I can see somebody getting scared and being actually scammed.
Speaker 5: Had this exact the jury duty, they'd be like, you didn't get a jury duty and he was like, I don't know, I had jury duty. And they were the whole like, if you hang up, we will come and arrest you right now. And he got and he paid them. I think he gave him like two thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Oh god, I'm sorry. I hate that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he was because he went to the police station eventually and was like, look, I need to meet with Stone and Stone and they were like, honey, you got scam. It's a very popular scam that's going around right now. And it was they were trying to get him to do stuff on bitcoin also, and he was I was like, why would a cop ever need anything on bitcoin? Wouldn't everything so if the government be like very easilydocumented.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he really was patient with me. We didn't get to the point of he didn't ask for money. He really was focusing on my signature, and yeah, I offered up. I offered up. I wasn't gonna give it to him, but I'm like, Okay, what's your end game here? What kind of money we looking at here? You know, what do you need? Because I knew that would that would be a short admission of scam. Why do I take the time to do this on the radio. Even yesterday, when I talked about the email that I received, ten people sent me they said, oh my god, Rod, I received that same email. Yeah, picture of my house, dirty pictures. They're going to send it out to all my contacts. Same thing. Today. I will get ten emails saying, Rod, thank you for talking about that, because that same phone call happened to me. I wish I would have talked about it. I wish it happened to me before your friend had to pay the money.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 1: All I can think about is my mom. She's old, she's lonely, and if she gets on the phone with somebody and she's going to be tricked in a second, and we try to work with her on this. My mom thinks she's talking to Henry Caville on Facebook.
Speaker 4: Right now, let her talk to Henry.
Speaker 1: Don't worry about it. This guy's probably gonna ask her for money. Okay. My sisters had to change out her credit card six times. My mom thinks she's talking to Henry cavill on Facebook. Okay, but you know, she's an old lady, she's lonely.
Speaker 4: You know, my dad's old and lonely. Too, but he's also so mean, so I don't really worry about it.
Speaker 1: I can't be meaner than my mom. You cannot on this planet be meaner than my mom.
Speaker 4: But Henry can't, like come arrest me.
Speaker 1: Good. Henry Cavell is her kryptonite. Okay, my mom, that's not Henry Cavile. Shut up, shut up, Let me have my let.
Speaker 6: Me have my cane.
Speaker 4: You don't let her have anything. Rod.
Speaker 1: So I had a friend of mine take the just next level. I told you that this phony baloney deputy sent me a arrest warrant. There's numbers on there and everything. I had a friend run it and it's fast. I do not have a warrant out for my arrest.
Speaker 4: Congratulations on that.
Speaker 1: God, we just again. I'm sorry I took so much time with this, but if it saves one of you from getting scammed, it's it's worth the time. It's worth the time. And I went through it yesterday. And if there was a there was a time on that phone call where I thought I was in trouble, there was a time on that phone call where like, okay, I can't mess around like this like a kid. What am I going to get arrested.
Speaker 4: You just said them in a voicemail and you never listened to.
Speaker 6: I'm so ready to just be a fugitive, like I'll run, I'll run.
Speaker 1: You're not catching me.
Speaker 6: You're not catching me, all right, You'll never see me.
Speaker 1: Be vigilant, be safe out there, everybody. Rod Ryan Morning Show six, The Buzz, Tinty four to five, The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan's show on this tap Tuesday. Man, thank you guys for allowing me at the time. I think it's important. The last two days now, I've talked about these scams that people have been trying to to get your humble host over here. Beth says, Rod, I got the exact same scam a cell phone call. It freaked me out. I thought I was talking to a sheriff's deputy, same voice that you talked about.
Speaker 11: Wow, you know so?
Speaker 1: And then I heard from Kathy. She said she works for the Warrant Division in Galveston. We get calls every day about this, Rod. People wanted to know if they've got a warrant or not showing up because they didn't show up for some grand jury duty. She said, it's a huge problem. I'm not sure how we can fix it. She said, I'm sorry you see that kind of call, but thank you for getting the word out. Loyal listener for years. Congrats on twenty years. That's Kathy and Samma.
Speaker 3: Not only are they like harassing people, they're creating more work for the actual sheriff's deputy office.
Speaker 4: And that they sure are really grinds my gears personally.
Speaker 1: Yep, we don't want to grind your gears. I know thirty percent chance of showers Cloudy's guys high eighty five. All right, clear the gears. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 4: Walk away to China because Beast two are going at it.
Speaker 1: The candidates are a.
Speaker 11: Full show.
Speaker 3: Vice President Harris a former President Trump in a virtual tie. That's the headline that always gets me in. Tonight's debate is in Philadelphia. They are just hours away. Trump and Harris, hours away from their first and possibly only debate, less than two months before the actual presidential election. So again in Philadelphia, it'll be the first time that you have ever met in person. The debate is set to begin at eight pm Our time. It'll air on ABC. You can stream it on Disney Plus and Hulu. Each mic, each candidate's microphone is only turned on when it's their turn to speak. There's no studio audience, and the candidates aren't allowed to talk to their staff during breaks or bring any notes with them.
Speaker 4: They are provided only with a pin and a pad.
Speaker 3: And a bottle of water Liquid Death sponsoring the debated.
Speaker 4: A little product placement in there.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I was waiting for this big update ron at seven am. As far as like tracking friends, there was something they said, listen, travelal storm Francine currently located.
Speaker 4: Over the western Gulf of Mexico. This is as of seven am today.
Speaker 3: Okay, it'll track in your northern eastern Mexico and South Texas coastline through Tuesday before it approaches the Louisiana coast on Wednesday. So they are saying rough surf can be expected with the approach of Francine. They're saying, this surge is what's going to be affecting the Gulf coast.
Speaker 4: And you have to remember there have been some heavy water events on.
Speaker 3: Like in Galveston and our coastal cities right now throughout hurricane season, so there's they're already really saturated at the coastline. So the surge is what to me, is going to be the biggest thing to look out for. I'm trying to get more.
Speaker 1: I can't see this is this is the problem. Everybody knows the weather's crazy. So Mom, what what Alex uses in the morning to prep me? He goes, He goes to weather dot com.
Speaker 4: Weather dot com.
Speaker 1: Okay, they have twenty four percent chance it's of rain for Wednesday here in Houston. I'm making sure I got Houston. Yep, I have Houston, Texas now. Just pulling up ABC thirteen. They have a sixty percent chance of rain with a weather alert in red. What did these people on the same page? Yeah, I had the guy in the corner office last week. It's right, he said it was gonna be no rain. Say, I'm like, I'm done given the weather on this show. I'm done. It's crazy.
Speaker 4: It is forever changing, and.
Speaker 1: I don't even think I want to give up what time it is anymore. My clock says that, Rod, you're.
Speaker 4: Thirty seconds off. All right, what do we mean we'll just talk about what like the tat Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Let's let's just talk about candy corn.
Speaker 3: Okay, Brox is giving people the opportunity to stay in a candy corn themed hotel suite this fall.
Speaker 4: Now, it's not going to be cheap.
Speaker 3: It's at the Great Wolf, a couple of Great Wolf Lodge locations.
Speaker 4: It sleeps five to six.
Speaker 3: Guests and the rates start at three I guess for six people, the rates at three hundred and forty nine dollars per It's being offered on the first day a fall, which is September twenty second and Halloween. That's when you can rent out this suite and you will get candy corn.
Speaker 4: For every booking. You get a one year supply of candy.
Speaker 3: Corn, which is an eleven ounce bag that will be shipped to your house once a week for fifty two weeks. Okay, maybe that is a great deal if you love candy corn. And when you get the suite for three forty nine per night, you get all your candy corn for the whole season.
Speaker 1: You can sign up on links and guests.
Speaker 4: There you go, there you go, go check it out.
Speaker 3: James Earl Jones died yesterday at his home in Upstate New York.
Speaker 4: He was ninety three years old.
Speaker 3: And when I say he lived a full life, I mean this is someone who obviously, okay, the voice of Darth Vader. That's his most famous role, the voice of Mufasa. That's how I grew up with him. In The Lion King, the original and the live action remake of that. He was Eddie Murphy's dad in Coming to America, which I know is one of Chile's favorite movies, and he was in the recent sequel as well. He was also in The Sandlot. I think that's a huge role for like Alex and myself growing up.
Speaker 4: That was a big thing.
Speaker 1: Fill the Dreams, two of the biggest baseball movies of all time. Yeah, he's a part of And then I gotta mention this because one guy did say this, and you're right. Conan the Barbarian Okay, one of the very first Arnold Schwarzenegger movies. He's in that. Like he's got like the long black hair and like the Betty Page I think that was her name, Like The Bangs.
Speaker 3: Yes, awesome, Doctor Strangelove, The Hunt for Red October, Clear and Present Danger.
Speaker 1: I mean his legend.
Speaker 3: He's yeah, he's got an egoto what he did. Live a very full life. But rip to James Earl Jones who passed away yesterday. Okay, this is like this to me is a huge chorie one of the biggest stories of the day because everyone's been sharing their opinions about the new incarnation of Lincoln Park. Chester Bennington's son has weighed in and he is not a fan. So he went on a rant on Instagram posts yesterday and he said that Mike Shinoda, these are his words quietly erase my father's life and legacy in real time. He mentioned that it's during International Suicide Prevention Month because he's taking it really tough.
Speaker 4: I was going and listening and reading this on the music long page.
Speaker 10: Rod.
Speaker 3: One of the quotes I took away, you have betrayed the trust loan to you by decades of fans. Oh, we trusted you to be a better person. I mean this is Jamie Button chester son, and I mean you got to just go check it out for yourself and read the whole thing. And it's entirety because we could talk about it all morning. Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 5: Take it, Alex, I'm Monday Night football. The forty nine Ers beat the Jets thirty two to nineteen. Forty nine Ers backup running back Jordan Mason ran for one hundred and forty seven yards in a touchdown while filling in for the injured Christian McCaffrey. In baseball, we got the Astros who are gonna be back in action tonight. They'll open up a three game series with the A's at Minu at Midpark. Spencer Araghetty's gonna be on the map for this trio is gonna be going up against Oakland's Oswaldo Bido first pitched at seven ten and you can listen to that game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. That is what's going on in sports the Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 1: Come on the bus halfway part of the show, pay Pop ninety four to five the bus. Switch Foot to live out on tour. I can't wait to talk to Justin. I cannot wait to ask Justin buddy. Yeah, well but he looks like I have been replaced. His bff is the lead singer of switch Foot. Right now, Oh okay, my feelings are getting a little hurt. Then he's like, he's so chummy with that lead singer of switch Foot. Listen. I love the guys in switch Foot. Those little cute sees. There's two little brothers. There's two little cute sees their surfers. Yeah, they're so fun, they're so nice. They really are such nice guys. That was switch Foot that we just heard, but it's a I believe it's a co headlining tour with Blue October and Switchfoot, and if you follow Blue October. I'm a little uncomfortable with how much the lead singer of switch Foot's showing up on the feed there.
Speaker 4: That's like our guy.
Speaker 1: He's like, wait a minute, that's my DFF. Yeah, we will get a chance to talk to Justin and Ryan. They're coming to the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party October twelfth, so the tour will be wrapped up and then they'll get a little free time and they're gonna stop by on their day off and play for us a little bit. I think it's going to be very exciting. I never met Jacob Nol, none of us have met Brad Noel's son right from Sublime.
Speaker 4: Pretty excited.
Speaker 1: You're super exciting, Brent and Zach. We know how great those guys are. From Shine Down, Tyler, Dave and Joe Tyler, everybody in they're Canadians. They're really nice. They're nice, they're really nice people. Wait to talk about. But I've never met Tyler before. You got to you gotta get with him. He's so funny, he's hysterical. I don't know why this guy's not doing a podcast. He's so funny. He's the lead singer of Theory of a Dead Man and Scott Stevens from The Xis. They're all going to be performing at the anniversary show. And we got something planned for you tomorrow where we're going to give away what I called a maybe a rock block of rock, A rock block, Yeah, maybe a rock block of tickets. You're getting. It was a whack of tickets earlier today, and I said I wanted to do I wanted to do more tickets than we did the last time we did a what I called, I think a chunk of tickets. I wanted to I wanted it to be chunkier.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, tomorrow, there's gonna be some great opportunities to get into the anniversary party. So just just keep it here. That's it. Just keep listening here. What else Today's National TV Dinner Day? Those were probably come and gone by your time, huh.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 3: I actually, when I was younger used to really love a TV dinner because my mom worked nights because that a lot of times was actually like.
Speaker 4: There was those kid ones that you could get.
Speaker 3: They came in like a blue package, I remember, and they would have like nugget.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they had the really weird brownie on it.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I remember the name, not that we ever had it.
Speaker 10: Swanson's TV Dinners the most famous one, it seems like it banquet was like, okay, dollar fifty, get a Salisbury steak or they ham or.
Speaker 4: A chicken pot pie.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, so so walk me through the compartments now on a a on this National TV dinner d Let's go with the Salisbury steak. Okay, So you got a Sean Salisbury steak. In the in the main rectangle, there was always some kind of apple cobblery things. Was something that was like as hot as lava for some reason that you never never heated. Well, that absorbed more heat than the Sean Salisbury. The Shawn Salisbury steak was a little cold, but that that apple crispy thing. And then was there was there maybe mashed potatoes and then potato green beans or corn. Does that sound like the lion steak?
Speaker 5: I think might have had peas it is the ham that would have peas with it, but it was either like frozen peas or like that really dry potato and then like some goo that it might have been apple sauce.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think it was like a gooey apple crispy thing.
Speaker 4: I'm glad we all partook in that. It seems really healthy.
Speaker 1: I think we had it once.
Speaker 6: I didn't think it was healthy, but it was food.
Speaker 1: Yeah. My momb cooked every day, God bless her.
Speaker 4: Oh I was on those every cuisines.
Speaker 3: I thought those lean cuisines were going to get me looking like el McPherson.
Speaker 1: Was that considered a TV dinner?
Speaker 4: That's a TV dinner?
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 4: That's a frozen dinner.
Speaker 1: Okay. TV dinner was technically like you just hit this up, sit in front, like that's it. You guys never had a meal. You guys never had Jiffy pop popcorn? Did you do? You know what.
Speaker 4: You shake on the stove?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you put it directly on the handle. You put it directly on the stove, like on the element. And it was in a pie tin and it had foil on the top and you would hold it with this little handle and the foil would expand you shake it. Yeah, and so you guys have that.
Speaker 3: I had that like maybe twice growing up. I thought it was very cool, but it just my mom was like, don't get that.
Speaker 4: I'm like, no, I want the one over that. I wanted that one, but just get the micropy.
Speaker 1: Heat up those on a hot plate in school for like Fridays and stuff. I felt like you were cooking. But yeah, it felt like you were actually cooking. You can't we National TV Dinner Day is being represented on the food blog page today and just because again we know we don't get into politics on this show, but you know we can't stick our ahead in the sand either. And we've got to tell you that there is uh what's now the second presidential debate, even though it's the first time these two are squaring off. Red Lobster is running for office.
Speaker 6: Now what you know, Finally I can get behind.
Speaker 1: If we're still allowed to make jokes about this stuff. I mean, Red Lobster just went through a bankruptcy, but we know that you can still be elected even with a couple of bankruptcies under your belt. Can I can you do that? Well, you didn't make a joke about the other one shut up. So Red Lobster says they're running for office. They want to unite all parties at least for dinner. And you go to Red Lobster, you scan the QR code. You're entering for a chance to win four years of free Red Lobster. Oh, that's on the food blog page today.
Speaker 10: Long.
Speaker 1: I know it comes up all the time when anyone here in the room chili. When's the last time somebody went into Red Lobster for reals, because I know it comes up. It's been years because did flavor flavor by theme or yeh bought the whole to save it. Yeah, he was like, when was the last time you were in Red Lobster?
Speaker 4: It is probably three years ago?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I'm going to say high school. I'm going to say fifteen. I went to a Red Lobster here in Houston on Highway six. It had to be fifteen years. I went to the one that was by Katie Mills Mall. Okay, last one that I.
Speaker 4: Was at I went to the one in Corpus. It was my family.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I graduated high school. Red Lobster was fancy. My dad took us to Red Lobster. I graduated gave me a card one hundred dollars bill inside graduated college. My dad handed me a card one hundred dollar bill in side. He just didn't know. I'm like, dude, people are getting cars.
Speaker 4: That's what I get for Christmas every year from my dad.
Speaker 1: I love your dad, Miss you. We're gonna play the who's shorter game? Coming up? Cay Tessa, Who's shorter?
Speaker 4: I can't wait?
Speaker 1: You or Madonna? Who's shorter?
Speaker 10: Me?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Small? Donna's small, man.
Speaker 4: He looks tall.
Speaker 1: It's like five three. Really, okay, who's shorter? You or j Lo?
Speaker 4: I think me and Jael are the same height.
Speaker 1: I know you're under controversy with this game. I've got you. I still hit you down as five four. You're not five five.
Speaker 4: We are working, Oh my god, get the game right.
Speaker 1: We are working with Tessa as five to four moving forward, because that's how tall she is. Oh my god, Okay, you are the same height as Michael J.
Speaker 7: Fox.
Speaker 1: You are an inch. You are an inch shorter than j Lo.
Speaker 4: I would kick both of their asses in the game.
Speaker 1: Moving forward. Tessa is five four. The twins, they are twins. They're both five nine, and I'm six feet tall. We're gonna use this against celebrities. We're gonna play the Who's Shorter game? Yack, Who's shorter? Coming up to win pit tickets to sold out Creed Morning Show six Am, The Buzz for five, the Buzz brod Ryan's Show free twenty years and given this thing away twenty and a half years now. My goodness, September tenth thirty percent chance of raining cloudy Sky's high at eighty five and get set up to play a game we've been played in a long time. It is going to be for some sold out tickets in the pit too. What's trending?
Speaker 4: It's not our genre.
Speaker 3: But did you see the snub from the CNA award nominations yesterday.
Speaker 1: It's not a snub.
Speaker 4: You don't think it's a snub. No, you don't think it's a snub.
Speaker 1: Just because Beyonce talks into a microphone or speaks into a microphone or sings in a microphone. You don't just automatically get an award.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying that. But you don't think that her album was one of the most popular albums of the year country music for her first country album.
Speaker 1: You don't think it was. I think it was talked about a lot. I think it was wildly popular. Is it good, I don't know. I don't know if it's good.
Speaker 3: There was Beyonce to get awards for it, Yonse getting shut out of every category she was qualified for.
Speaker 4: I thought it was I thought some of myself was very good on that album.
Speaker 1: I can't judge country you are for a while.
Speaker 4: I'm saying, like, do just that alone.
Speaker 3: The popularity that was just as popular as Shaboozies.
Speaker 4: Everybody at the club get Tipsy, which is a remake. It's not even an original song.
Speaker 1: But Beyonce has not had the number one song for nine weeks in a row.
Speaker 3: Shahboozie has Miranda Lambert, who was not nominated for Female Vocalists of the Year. That was another People are calling that a snub as well because she was on a seventeen year consecutive streak for that nomination. So yeah, little little controversy and yeah, I think I think it's a huge I think it's a huge snub. Also another thing trending, Kate Middleton had posted an update about her cancer battle. She said she's done with chemo and now she's just focusing on what she can do to stay cancer free.
Speaker 4: She has also resumed appearing publicly lately.
Speaker 3: I believe she was at the Open, so making some public appearances after health is scare there. Also, I haven't mentioned what we do on this show, which is a feature every day today. It's a tat Tuesday, and that is getting the most clink clicks for us on Links and Guests. If you go to Links and Guests and click on it, that's a clink. Okay, that's what's trending on ninety four five the buzz.
Speaker 1: All right, what do we have to give away here?
Speaker 3: I have a pair of pit tickets to see Crete their summer of ninety nine tour. Tickets are until now a ticketmaster dot com.
Speaker 4: But you can win. I'm here.
Speaker 1: Tesla's five for don't listen to her.
Speaker 4: I have wizard came in and measured me by five.
Speaker 1: Rob Ryan is six feet tall.
Speaker 4: No one's six feet except for Jesus my mom.
Speaker 1: My mom would correct me on that. You're right, Alex and Chili. The twins are five to nine, Tesla. Who's taller Kevin Bacon or the twins?
Speaker 4: I think the twins are taller.
Speaker 1: Kevin Big is a slight, little skinny guy. Huh yeah, but lanky five ten A five ten Alex Chili five nine good at this? Twins are shorter? Who's shorter? Jared Leto? Or Rod Ryan? Who's shorter?
Speaker 4: Jared Letto's got to be smaller than you.
Speaker 1: Right, he is smaller than me. But those baby blues though, it'll knock here, it'll knock you to your knees, Jared Leto. There's different reports. The tallest that he's registered as it is five eleven. I'm six feet so all right, you got that one, right? What do you gotta get three in a row? You gotta get three on this game? We could be here, all right? Call now if you want to play the Who's shorter?
Speaker 10: Game?
Speaker 1: You get three of these? Correct, We will get you in the pit for the sold out show Creed three doors down, finger eleven called Chile Now he's five nine seven one three two two five nine four five Ryan Show the Buzz four or five Buzz more rot Ryan's show. Evan essence with going under Happy tat Tuesday. Everybody, hope you're off to a great start to your day. Thirty percent chance of rain clouds. Guys, Hi is about eighty five. I'm gonna leave it to the weather people about what's happening tomorrow. I don't know. I know, this tropical storm Francine is there. How is that going to affect us? What kind of rain we're getting? I can't get anybody on the same page here. Okay, Look, I have the same Internet that you guys do. So if you want to figure out what to wear to work tomorrow, I don't know what to put your kid in getting on the bus. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Always have a jacket.
Speaker 1: Everybody's all over the place. It's frustrating. I'd like to know what the weather's going to be like tomorrow. If only there was a radio show that would know.
Speaker 6: Not this one.
Speaker 1: It ain't this one.
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 1: You got pit passes to give away?
Speaker 4: I do decreed at Woodland Civilion this Saturday, go.
Speaker 1: Play this morning? Play the Who's Shorter Game? Hi, Charlotte? How are you? I am doing wonderful? You want to play the Who Shorter Game?
Speaker 11: Sure?
Speaker 1: Don't think you gotta get three of these? Man, that's a lot. Okay, Oh god, yeah, you gotta get three quarters. I can do it fifty fifty all right. We just heard Evanescence. So I'm gonna give you Amy Lee, the lead singer of Evanescence, or Tessa who's shorter.
Speaker 2: I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Again, the working height for Tessa during this game is five four because she's five four Amy Lee is five to three. You're in it. You're in it. Two more to go. Let's stick with Tessa because there seems to be a lot of controversy under her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's keep going the again.
Speaker 1: Tessa's working height is her height five four during the game. Who's shorter the very beautiful disappearing backside Laney Wilson, Landy Wilson, Laney Wilson or Tessa who's shorter?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 1: I've seen Lannie Wilson too, but I think who is shorter Tess? Tessa? Is that your final answer? Okay, Laney Wilson? Is that your final answer?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 1: What are you doing to me? Charlotte? I'm gonna get yelled at. This is taking forever.
Speaker 4: No, No, Charlotte, you're doing great. What's your final ans?
Speaker 1: Lady Wilson or Tessa? Who's shorter? Tessa? Testa's five to four during the game, no matter what She's trying to sneak in there. Landy Wilson is five to six. You're in it.
Speaker 4: To change it up. Good job.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go to the twins man. The twins are fun because Chili and Alex are both five to nine, the newest Willie Wonka soon to be what Bob Dylan, Timothy Shallow May Timothy shallow May or Alex and Chili who's shorter? For the win? Oh my god, we make it a winner on the first player. Oh yeah, who's short of Charlotte?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 1: The the other are not Chili or Timothy? Am I saying it right? Timothy? Okay? Do you know who that is? Charlotte?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 1: Not really?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: He is the new Willie Wonka.
Speaker 1: He's banging Kylie Jenner.
Speaker 4: He is so talented.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, Timothy or Alex and Chili who's shorter? Alex and Chili? Alex and Chili are five nine. Mm hmmm, Willie Wonka's five ten. Wow? We have a winner. Wow, And you changed your mind twice out of two of the three answers you almost answered wrong.
Speaker 10: Love it?
Speaker 5: I love it?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I'm going to creed.
Speaker 1: They're gonna in the pit.
Speaker 6: Mama, arms light up in the pick.
Speaker 4: Oh Jesus, we have the right person.
Speaker 1: All right. That was worth it, Oh Jesus.
Speaker 4: That's the way, Jesus.
Speaker 2: Time to be in the pick.
Speaker 1: It's amazing. Sold out show too, so have a great time.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 1: You know the rules when you win pit tickets from us, Charlotte. We want to see in the pit. I want Scott's step over your shoulder. We'll post that picture on Monday. I feel like, sure will. I mean, you just shouted out to Jesus. Okay, you you come through. I'm shouting out to Jesus as well. You come through with that picture, Okay, Okay? I mean is that why we don't play this game? Because it's too easy?
Speaker 4: It's not easy. This was a very lucky woman.
Speaker 1: Great job, Charlotte. The rod Ryan's Show ninety four five Buzz ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, Ryan's Show at Shine Down symptom of being human. I don't know what they're going to do. You know they're going to be performing at The rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party, Breton Zach. I mean, listen that song to me, and I don't. It's a good question to ask them, and I know I've probably asked of them. I've interviewed them so many times over the years, but you know, a lot of times songs are written on an acoustic guitar, and everything that Shineedown does to me, adapts to a stripped down acoustic version. Just because I've heard so many of their songs done acoustic that it seems like almost everything is. Everything they do, it's just with Brent's voice. It's magic. And I cannot wait for October twelfth to be here. We're gonna be at the car Bock Brewery. You gotta win your way in. There's gonna be something fun on the air tomorrow. We're gonna give away a I don't know how much to describe it, but a larger chunkier block of tickets than we did the last time we did a chunk of tickets. So we're gonna give away a lot of tickets tomorrow on the show. So make sure you just tune in. That's it, Like Rob what time?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't know what do I need to be somewhere? What's the phone number? Are you playing a game? I mean, maybe we should play the Who' Shorter game again?
Speaker 4: The first winners play it over and over It's happened so quick.
Speaker 1: Congratulations to Charlotte. I'm winning the Who's Shorter game? I had a million of them. I got like I get twenty five celebrities for each person on the show. It usually takes like I sit around and do my homework for the show.
Speaker 4: Now we can play again.
Speaker 1: It's always when I over prepare that I don't end up using anything.
Speaker 6: Yea he had Foune for Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I'm about to eat yesterday and I look up at the TV and there's Ryan Seacrest hosting the Wheel of Fortune.
Speaker 4: Yeah, congrats to him. He started that gig.
Speaker 1: Huh, yeah, he's Yesterday was the first debut episode. I mean, here's the thing. I've never heard anybody say that they really like Ryan Seacrest. What a terrible thing to say. He's like the biggest star in our company, right.
Speaker 4: But it's not like the seacrest heads or like, yes, huge fans.
Speaker 1: But even the person that I was with, the first thing they say is, how does this guy have the time to do this? Because of look what he does? If you don't know, like he's the biggest thing, Like they don't care about me, they don't care about us. Ryan Seacrest works for iHeartRadio. He's he's the golden child, right, so much so that they send on an email the guys in New York said, Hey, let's support Ryan, our favorite employee ever. Let's watch the show and let's support him. Let's make sure that you know we we we help him.
Speaker 6: Out, is what we're doing.
Speaker 1: He's great at what he does. He is awesome at what he does. He's just flawless. Has the dude ever said anything funny in his life? I don't think so. I don't think one time anybody has read it.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's why, Maybe that's why he gets hired, because they know he's not going to rock the boat.
Speaker 4: He's gonna read the script straight up.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's a good looking guy. He's gonna get in there. He must be. He must be good to work with. I guess. I mean he just gets in and gets out of every gig.
Speaker 4: He's still doing his way into a gig, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: And the money that he's making, Let's not forget. He's behind the Kardashian shows.
Speaker 4: Does he have an agent or is it just him?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 4: Of course, Okay, that's what we should be asking. Who's his agent's getting him all these gigs.
Speaker 1: Well, congratulations. It sound like I was giving him backhanded compliments. He's the most successful guy in broadcasting out there. I mean, it's not even close with it, with the amount of stuff that he's doing. I know Howard Stern runs around as the king of all media. It's it's Seacrest. Yeah yeah. And then if you're not watching this show or any other game shows. Game shows aren't there just to entertain you there, they actually do sharpen your brain.
Speaker 3: Now, Tessa likes Jeopardy like on the low, you know, I get all the mostly all the answers wrong.
Speaker 1: According to experts, they now say that they can. These game shows can boost your problem solving skills, improve memory, and strengthen your mind. Game show make you play, pay close attention, quickly process information, and either problem solve or recall knowledge. As one neurologists put it, this engages numerous networks in the brain in an engaging and enjoyable way, which also enhances learning.
Speaker 4: So what's the funnest thing about Jeopardy is a.
Speaker 1: Game over the Kardashian makes you dumber? Okay, Like when you watch watch both The Bachelor and The Golden Bachelor.
Speaker 4: I'm sure I watch both. I'm equally just baseline where I was.
Speaker 1: This neurologist right here says it makes you dumber. It really does. Okay, so just a little food for thought.
Speaker 5: Houston, Houston's Alternatives and The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Bus notty four buzz, thank you. It's Third Eye Blind, Thank you, Third Eye Blind. Rod Ryan's Show Tap Tuesday. All right, I'm gonna go luck. I'm gonna go luck. Two hundred dollars Academy Sports and Outdoors gift card. So we put together a great deal with the Academy twenty celebrating twenty years of the Rod Ryan Show, two hundred dollars. Today is day nineteen. Well, I guess today's day two of twenty days celebrating the twenty years. So a two hundred dollars Academy gift card coming up about nine to ten, and then we'll leave you at pit. Tickets to Rob Zombie Alice Cooper on Know the Show. Cloudy's Guys Today, thirty percent chance of rain, high of eighty five testa one final time. Houston's headlines.
Speaker 3: I'm President Trump and Vice President Harris are just hours away from their first and possibly only debate less.
Speaker 4: Than two months before the presidential election. It'll be a ninety minute event.
Speaker 3: ABC's hosting this and it's scheduled to start at eight pm Our time. The rules for the debate. Each candidate's microphone has only turned on with their turn to speed. There's no studio audience, and the candidates aren't allowed to talk to their staff during breaks or bring any notes with them. Both candidates are provided with only a pen and a pad and a bottle of what. Houston Police cadets have a pay raise coming. Mayor John Whitmyer announced a ten thousand dollars pay increase yesterday in front of a class of HPD cadets. Whitmyer says the rais is effective immediately, and told the class they'd also received their five thousand dollars incentive once they finished the academy. The mayor added a new contract with police department. We'll be negotiated next year. The chief of police here in Houston no ideas. Thank Whitmyer for the rass and for appointing him to be the new police chief. Be aware that if you order something from TIMU, what you see is not necessarily what you'll get. There's a TikToker that ordered a cute croissant lamp. She plugged it in and left for the day. She said she came home from work after a hot day and there were hundreds of ants underneath her new lamp. And it turns out the croissant lamp was actually a real croissant come on code it in resin. To prove a point, she took bite of it and said, it's effing food. Timo has come under fire for unsafe products and some that simply aren't up to par, like the croissant lamps. So just be aware of what you buy. That's I think that's the theme of the show. Let's not get scammed, Let's be aware of what we buy. Let's be mine full in our practice of being humans. A British newspaper.
Speaker 4: Alleges that a sequel to The Goonies is in the works.
Speaker 3: The original cast will supposedly return and they'll film it next year and release it sometime in twenty twenty six or twenty twenty seven. So this is yet another eighties classic that is getting a sequel. It is time for everyone to be excited about the Goonies. But again, keep in mind it's not going to release next year, maybe twenty twenty six, maybe twenty twenty seven. But Sean Aston, Corey Feldman, Khu Kwan, Josh Brolin, Jeff Cohen, Kerrie Green, Martha Plimpton all returning from the original cast.
Speaker 1: I recognize all those names. I recognize them all. Goonies was a big, big deal when I was a kid, Such.
Speaker 3: A funny movie, so good, such an adventurous like, hey, these are our friends, We're going on an adventure for real, for real?
Speaker 1: What I think? Gizmo Gadget guy is like a big deal.
Speaker 4: Now he's so ok.
Speaker 1: He won an Academy Award.
Speaker 3: He was in Everything Everywhere, All at Once, which is a tremendous film. Yeah, yeah, he's he's a very successful adult actor.
Speaker 1: He was Indiana Jones, Got Kid, and then he he was on Goonies. I believe. I think it's the same guy.
Speaker 4: And he's one of the funniest characters.
Speaker 1: All Alex cares about is Corey Feldon.
Speaker 4: That's all he could think.
Speaker 1: Of, Corey Feldman returning.
Speaker 4: Well, he'll be back, Alex. He's gonna have to pull him away from tour with Limp Biscuit.
Speaker 1: Listen. I don't know the answer to this question, and somebody can email me or call in. What old franchise did they resurrect and they came back with a movie thirty years later and it was amazing. I don't think there is one. The Crow just failed. Beetlejuice is good, lukewarn. Nobody has said it's great. Ghostbusters, nobody said it was great. All of these things that they bring back after all of these years, they're hoping to capture greatness. I have one for you off the top of my head. I think Cobra Kai is amazing.
Speaker 3: As a show though because the show, but because they had to do a completely different concept. They're not trying to redo exactly what they did.
Speaker 4: It was like it was like when they came back with Wicked, Like you had the.
Speaker 3: Wizard of Oz and then you had Wicked, which was the Wicked Witch of the Wes's story of it, and it was so successful because they had you have to kind of spin it on its head.
Speaker 4: You have to have some original thought.
Speaker 1: Nice it's going to be similar because they're using the same people, like like Cobra Kai, so you got to it's a continuation of the goonies and it'll probably be like their kids going out at an adventure. But what has come back being gone for all that time? What has been resurrected? That has been awesome?
Speaker 5: It It was good that with the Bill Hayter one and then they had the Stranger Things kid on the first one. Yeah, maybe I don't know if that people thought it was better, but I think people were not disappointed with that.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll say this, the TV show was kind of a flop. The TV show everybody, everybody watched it, but when it turned out to be spoiler a spider at the end, We're like, what for what it was? The TV show? That it was a TV show, It wasn't a movie in theaters.
Speaker 4: The new movie was good. Knew it was good.
Speaker 1: It was a made for TV movie. Okay that everybody watched it at the time. But okay, maybe someone's got an answer.
Speaker 4: Yes he's back back again.
Speaker 1: I'd love the goonies to be it's not a ton of them, yeah, is what you're saying.
Speaker 3: Gominem will open the twenty twenty four I'm TV VMAs. He'll be giving the viewers a first TV performance of music from his latest album, The Death of some shady coupe de gras. He last performed at the VMAs back in twenty twenty two was Snow Drug. But listen to me when I say rod is so excited that a fifty one year old man is opening up the VMA's MTV doing it this Wednesday. Oh Magne Stallion hosting this one. So those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: Take it Alex.
Speaker 5: Monday Night Football, the forty nine Ers beat the Jets thirty two to nineteen. Forty nine Ers backup running back Jordan Mason ran for one hundred and forty seven yards and a touchdown. Filly in for the injured Christian McCaffrey. Aaron Rodgers looked a little bit rusty coming back from that achilles injury, but he did not reinjure that, so he's made it further than he did last season. On our sports blog page today, there's a high school player in Alabama. He had four hundred and thirty five yards and ten touchdowns in a game and his team still lost. Hmm, like you had an all time game. Yep, they lost eighty to seventy eight. Got to get some defense. They have voice total and baseball astros are gonna be back in action tonight. They're gonna open up a three game series with the A's at minute mid Park Spins a Array Getty, you'll be on the mount for the Stris going up against Oakland's Aswaldo Bido first pitches at seventeen. You can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety and then on the sports.
Speaker 6: Blog page today as well.
Speaker 5: UFC's gonna be at the Sphere this weekend and Dana White said, there's gonna be a movie before, Like there's movies. Each fight is looked at as a movie. So there's a like a short movie about each fight before it. And it's gonna be all around on the sphere.
Speaker 4: That's cool.
Speaker 5: Like all of the prens look insane, it's gonna be absolutely insane.
Speaker 6: I was not going to buy the fight, but I think I'm going to buy the fight just so I.
Speaker 1: Can watch this.
Speaker 4: Dude, why stop there, Go to the sphere.
Speaker 5: I don't have the money to do to do that, but go check this out and you'll get pretty psyched for it too.
Speaker 6: On the sports blog page today.
Speaker 1: Somebody put out a video and I found out that it was just a fan video after I looked at it, but they were showing a top view of the sphere and there was those Gallagher brothers floating around on the sphere, their faces maybe like pets it out, But I mean the sphere only holds I mean only holds seventeen eighteen thousand people. It's not I don't think it's twenty thousand Gallagher brothers. Oh wait, that's the stadium band. They're not playing the sphere, They're playing the stadiums. Yeah, you know, so I don't see that happening. But UFC it's got me wanting to get it. I haven't bought a US I bet Oh dude, I haven't bought a UFC pay per view in ten years. Oh really yep? I thy Shane's fighting's in this one, so that'll be actual good fight, okay.
Speaker 8: Houston, Houston's alternative and home of The Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four five, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show. That's Nirvana and we are in the nine o'clock hour, twenty days celebrating twenty years. Two hundred dollars from Academy Sports and Outdoors. That's coming up. That's coming up. It's just day two of twenty days of this great giveaway, So thank you to our friends over at Academy Sports and Outdoors. We'll get into the just a little bit. I mean, I guess there's a thirty percent chance of rain Claude's Guy's high of eighty five. I don't know. I don't know. What does your phone say? Look at your phone? Look at me, Look at me, look at your phone. Okay, I mean I want it coming here for some things. But apparently we just can't get this weather thing correct. I can't get people on the same page with this tropical storm in the in the Gulf right now, which is not threatening us, but it looks like it's going towards like Charles who they don't need that, nobody needs it, but like Charles Man, they've been getting hammered. Uh what else?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 1: Okay, well you said the Goonies.
Speaker 4: You insane?
Speaker 1: The Goonies. I mean, it's an eighties classic. Do I want him messing with it? I don't know. Yeah, if you're gonna bring back everybody you mentioned, Josh Brolin, that's that's the biggest name. I mean, maybe that that key Hugh Kwan is the biggest name because he I think he's an Academy Award winner. I don't think Josh Brolin's ever won, but for some reason, by Josh Brolin saying yes, it legitimizes it for me. Sean Aston. All Alex needs to be on board is Corey Felman, the fell Dog. All the names that you know from from the Gang, they're all back. Everybody. Sawn Asten's the biggest name on that. Do you think Sean Asen's the biggest name. I mean, Lord of the Ring, he was proto, he was everything.
Speaker 3: He's got the big But no, I think that Asian guy. I don't know how to say his name because he's got like a real Asian sounding name, Kwan Kiku Kwan.
Speaker 1: I think he won an Academy one.
Speaker 4: I think he's like a huge deal. Yeah, he's probably like the.
Speaker 1: Most Yes, twenty twenty six, twenty twenty six, twenty twenty seven release date. It's not official yet, but you know, there's some tabloids that are saying that it's a done deal. And the Goonies have been talked about for a long time, and they said, you know, while these people are all still alive, do something. My question was, have they ever captured lightning in a bottle twice? I know they've remade movies before, but I'm talking about a continuing story. And I was quickly reminded of Maverick and how wonderful that movie is. Oh yeah, Maverick is awesome. And it was rock Gun thirty years right, top Gun, and you know, you got the star power, and they brought back a few people and there was enough callbacks to the old story. And obviously Tom Cruise is still awesome. So that's the best example. It can be done. It absolutely can be done. Some people said Dune and some of these other movies. I know there's been a ton of remakes. I'm talking about continuing a story, though, bringing back old people like with Cobra Kai.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying, like, bring old people back, make a nod a little bit of a nod to the first thing, but have original ideas and thoughts and storylines that are still relevant and interesting today.
Speaker 1: Because that's what they're trying to do with Beetlejuice. Beetlejuice, right, nobody has Everyone has stopped short of saying it's awesome. Not one person has told me it's awesome.
Speaker 4: I've heard it was good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was good. So there's there's a Sandworm Slayer drink. Did anybody see this at AMC theaters? There's a drink. This reminds me, you know, like what the pickle you're you know, what the popcorn container looked like for Dune, right, Like it was like a flesh light. People were sticking their wien in there, right, So it seems like you could do the same with a sandworm Slayer. Sandworm Slay, it sounds like it. It's a twenty four ounce cocktail made with blue and black raspberry juice and a premium vodka top with gummy worms. Someone said they put it online. They said they paid thirty one bucks for it. I think that was out in California though. Okay, so some of the AMC locations like they they said, well, maybe that's in Chicago and they have like state liquor pricing laws in Illinois that are different than elsewhere. AMC said it's twenty one dollars at ninety two percent of the AMC location motation to watch for a drink.
Speaker 4: But okay, it's the movies I get.
Speaker 1: But I guess you're getting the Sandworm Slayer, and there's probably something you're taking home, like the Sandworm cup or something.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm so anti like things at the games and cups and taking and key chains.
Speaker 1: You are and I am so you don't the bubbles.
Speaker 4: We're bombarded with stuff. It's everywhere. Here, Take a shirt, here, take a cup, here, take Oh my god, okay, let me just have a garage sald I don't.
Speaker 1: Think you're an average person.
Speaker 4: I know I'm not because people lose their minds. My brother drove my ass in the game two hours early so he could get the bubblehead. Yes, he's the bubblehead guy.
Speaker 12: I get it.
Speaker 1: Cool if people find out that there is a towel that they're giving out at a game, So you were you know, you're in the minority.
Speaker 2: I am.
Speaker 4: People cantie all that.
Speaker 1: People lose their mind over this stuff junking.
Speaker 4: Up our planet.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 5: You also get sent a lot of stuff, Like I said, you got like the Rice football teams.
Speaker 1: You get this stuff?
Speaker 4: I get out? How can I How can I wear it all? How can I support? It's just overwhelming, It's just overwhelming.
Speaker 1: Most people don't live in that world, though, they live for this stuff. They want these, and especially if you're like, there's so many collectors of this crap, so.
Speaker 4: Okay, but in what planet do you? Okay? Bubblehead you Alex, bubbleheads are cool to you? In what world would you ever be like, Hey, dude, come check out my bobblehead collection. Like you're gonna love this. It's amazing.
Speaker 6: It's hey, it's like makeup. It's not like I'm doing it for you.
Speaker 1: I'm doing it for me. This makes me happy and brings me joy and taking up your whole room. It's his spider lashes.
Speaker 5: It's taking up I don't to thread my eyelasses, but it doesn't take want the Eli Manning New York Yankees bobblehead that I can't get.
Speaker 4: But yeah, you have too much stuff already in that studio.
Speaker 1: People want the problem. People want this stuff problem. All right, Well, you can go see that food blog page has all this stuff. But you can see the beetlejuice drink online see And I don't know if again I didn't go see it AMC theaters. Did you get it? Did anybody get that crazy drink? I'm just wondering if you remember what you spent on it. That's the big controversy. What people are spending on the drink. Okay, twenty days celebrating twenty years of the rod Ryan Show, A Cademy Sports and Outdoors has come to us with a two hundred dollars gift card to give away each day for four weeks. I'll take call her ten right now, seven one three two one two four five Houston Rock.
Speaker 4: And I'll turn and the rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 1: The Buzz. Welcome back rod Ryan's Show. Let's go over to the phones here, Good morning, good morning, Well hello, who's this Jason? How are you today? Jason?
Speaker 2: I'm doing pretty great man.
Speaker 10: How y'all doing.
Speaker 1: Pretty great too? Thank you, Thank you your caller.
Speaker 7: Ted Swee, thank you, sir.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, Tess. Would you hook this guy up please sure?
Speaker 3: I have a two hundred dollars Academy gift card for you. Why is it two hundred dollars because we're celebrating twenty years of the rod Ryan Show in Houston, and we just took that twenty and out of a little zero to it so you.
Speaker 4: Could have some fun at academy.
Speaker 2: Congrats, Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna take my kid on a little shop. It's free for ship fishing gear.
Speaker 4: Yeah, lovely.
Speaker 1: It's such a fun place to walk in there with a gift card. It's so much fun. I'm excited about all the winners. We get to do this for twenty days now, twenty days of giveaways. Thank you to Academy Sports and Outdoors. Jason, have a great time on that shopping spree. That's that sounds really fun, Weld, Thank you guys, I really appreciate it, all right, Thank you Online Kid's Alix Online ninety four five, The much Oh. We got that new Lincoln Park coming up. But first we've gotta let Alex Lewis thing what you got to Day's a.
Speaker 5: Well, we'll be looking at bad celebrity wax figures and trying to see if we can tell who these celebrities are supposed to be. Who these wax figures are supposed to be. You're be looking at a very poorly done one and see if you can guess who it is.
Speaker 1: Did we just see was there a Beyonce one? Like it kind of made national news that it was horrible Beyonce Beyonce. It kind of looked like lea remedy. Yeah, like it was a great Lea remedy wax figure, a terrible Beyonce wax figure.
Speaker 5: I feel like wax figures are like fifty to fifty on, like they're gonna just be god awful or like, oh wow, that one is surprisingly accurate. Yeah, there's never like an in between.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like that's really good.
Speaker 6: I could have just been anything.
Speaker 1: It shows that there's just more than one person doing that, because some of them are absolute nails, so perfect.
Speaker 5: This first one. We'll just try this as a sample one. He's just a dude wearing a tuxedo. I have no idea white guy wearing a tuxedo. I have not tried it yet, but I'm guessing.
Speaker 4: Justin Templelike that looks like a random justin.
Speaker 6: Timberlake, you know, like a person we were talking about weird eyes.
Speaker 1: Talking about giveaways. Some of the bobbleheads are.
Speaker 11: Just not right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I mean I appreciate it, but you have like bobbleheads no, like a caricature where you're like, oh, it doesn't.
Speaker 6: Like me, you know, it's got a giant head.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I got a I got an old Craig video one. It looks like George Bush, Like, I think they use the same head.
Speaker 5: But it could Hoby Rasmus. One they gave us when he was on the team. It didn't look like him at all.
Speaker 1: Well, but he had the long hair and he had the shield glasses, so that was a giveaway. That was like the one that you knew it was him. But if it's features enough, yeah, if it's just the face, some of them are off, yeah, like by a mile.
Speaker 5: Go check it out see if you can tell who these bad celebrity wax figures are up at.
Speaker 6: The world Finished Ride Ryde show page at the buzz dot com The.
Speaker 1: Right Right Show celebrating twenty years ninety four, five ninety four or five the Buzz. I didn't know that I would ever say that that's brand new music from Lincoln Park. I mean that puts a smile on my face. Just saying that and then the song being as good as it is really just makes my day. That's Lincoln Park and the Emptiness Machine. Tessa, You're right. The big story today, I mean the debate or whatever in the weather for us, it's Chester Bennington's son officially commenting, you know, just going to social media, that's an official comment now, but Chester Sun just seems like complete.
Speaker 4: Disapproved, so disappointed.
Speaker 7: JA.
Speaker 3: His name is Jamie Bennington, and he went on a rent on his Instagram stories and.
Speaker 4: He said a lot. I mean to accuse Mike Shanoda.
Speaker 3: Of quietly his words right here, quietly erasing my father's life and legacy in real times.
Speaker 1: I don't feel that's what's spending on.
Speaker 4: I mean, but that's such a bold really, I mean to feel so strongly about that.
Speaker 3: He mentions that how could you do this during International Suicide Prevention mod He says he's betrayed trust of the fans. He's I mean a lot of stuff being thrown around, mentions Emily Armstrong as well.
Speaker 4: It's a whole rant. And that's what's on the music blon one page today.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's you know, it's the kid's voice. It's him, it's what he thinks. You gotta let him, you know, you gotta let him speak his peace and and let it out. But I don't know, you know, how do you disagree with Chester Bennington's son? I do. I do disagree with Chester Bennington's son.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, but didn't to Linda, his wife, you have to like approve of this or something like that. If they have his like his, if it's part of his, wouldn't his estate sort of have to Okay, well, you've been around.
Speaker 1: I feel like Mike probably talks to her at least you've been around long enough, Alex, so that you kind of get it. It's called and I have to explain this to people. It's the music business. It's not the music fun time. It's the music business. Okay, So it's a business. Every single band, not that any fan wants to think like this in these terms. Every single band is a corporation. Okay. The only band that we kind of like take take that like for for its word is the band Kiss, because everybody knows that's a business, right the band Kiss. It's it's a corporation, just just churning out, you know, turning out products with their name on it. Every band is a business. I don't know what happens when a member dies, and okay, let's use but well let's use Soundgarden, okay, Okay, so uh, Vicky Cornell, she it seemed like whatever Chris is say in the band that became her say in the band, That's what it seemed like. And I don't know if this is all written in a contract. There's all kinds of weird things. I have a will. It talks about what happens if I go down on a plane crash, and then her mom and the who. You know, it's weird to talk about these things. I don't know how intricate these uh, these band contracts get. But Vicky Cornell was in a fight with Soundgarden and she didn't like the cut that she was getting and it wasn't for her. And it's not her trying to capitalize, you know. It was Chris's voice, it was Chris's lyrics, it was Chris's music, He was the chief songwriter. But it's Chris's family, you.
Speaker 6: Know, making sure your family is okay to go in the future.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 6: But again so are the band members.
Speaker 5: They're also trying to make sure that them and their families are able to eat and yeah, still continue to live the way that they live.
Speaker 1: And we just want to we just want to love.
Speaker 4: These Like, is Jamie a troubled guy?
Speaker 3: Is there any like do you ever see him in the news cycle for anything?
Speaker 1: Right? Well, I don't know. But back to Vicky, you know, she didn't feel like this new music that was coming out that Chris recorded with the guys. There's a sound Guarden album. There's a sound Garden album that's in the can, meaning it's it's done. You know, maybe they have to go in and you know, post production and those types of things. But I think Chris laid down all the vocals. I don't know if he would have gone in and tweaked things, probably, but they're they they're they're left with what they're left with. And she delayed it, and she was able to delay it, so they've come to some sort of an agreement. It looks like we're gonna get some sound Guard music. I don't know when. But she was able to stop it. Was Chester's wife able to stop this from happening? I don't know. I don't know how that works. I think every contract is different, every situation is different. I'm glad she wasn't able to stop it. I wanted this to happen. I wanted to have this to happen. Exactly what happened. This is what I wanted. You know, it's just coming from me because I'm a fan of Lincoln Park.
Speaker 6: It's sort of the same with the Food Fighters too. Like they had to.
Speaker 5: You know, the people can be upset about replacing Taylor, but like the rest of the band still is allowed to perform as the band.
Speaker 1: And that's I mean, there's I know, it's not the lead guy. Yeah, And that's a dictatorship, whether you're talking about it or not. It's Dave's band. Yeah, so he's gonna make the final decision. I'm quite sure that Pat smir and everyone else has been around for thirty years now. They can make decisions and they can help formulate how they're going to move forward. But ultimately, in that situation, that's going to come down to Dave I think. I mean, Mike Shanoda is the most famous guy that's remaining in Yeah, but I don't know how the pie I would imagine that pie. I mean, is mister han got as big a piece of pie as Mike Shanoda. Mike.
Speaker 5: Sometimes it is just evenly split, like that's just how some bands do it, and there's the others like, look, we know who's the real star here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and again I'm talking about it even split in making decisions, even split, there's no even split. It's who wrote the songs, it's getting the most money and who wrote the song is getting the you know, the lion's share of the money. So yeah, you'd like the family to be on board. You'd like the family to say, okay, boom, we gave our blessing. There was a lot of trouble with Sublime with Rome. Yeah, there was a lot of trouble with it.
Speaker 6: I realized it was easier to do the throw with Rome on it, and we're good to go.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Bradley Nole's parents there was a long court battle and obviously they're okay with their grandson taking things over. And that's you know, that doesn't seem to be a problem moving forward, or is it. I don't know. You don't see them doing a bunch of shows. I mean, I know that we're very very lucky that we've got them coming in for the anniversary show. But you know, as far as Sublime with Jacob Nole, I think they've done two shows, you know, and then they were contractually obligating. There was a bunch of room dates on the board. Those things are still going on, I think, or they were.
Speaker 3: It's just this the case with Lincoln Park, where no one can be like it feels like no one's on the same page as the band, Like it's never no one's ever going to be in complete agreeance.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you're never gonna make everybody happy, I know, But.
Speaker 3: I feel like the side that is unhappy is definitely.
Speaker 4: A lot louder in on line of course.
Speaker 3: In the comments and and now and Chester's son chiming in is another blow to the band because it's something that's that's in the news, that's in the cycle. Everyone's gonna you know, this is what's you want your new music to be trending.
Speaker 4: Not Hey, Chester's son's really upset.
Speaker 3: Did you see did you wake up to the news, Like, hey, Chester's really upset, Like look at all this stuff he's saying.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 1: The other the other thing that I look at is somebody like Wolfgang van Halen, who was an active member in Van Halen. He's so protective of his dad's estate and everything, but he was in the band, he had a part in it. And there's only one kid. He's in charge of everything. Okay, Wolfgang van Halen is in charge of anything. There's no van Halen. If Wolfgang doesn't sign off on it, it ain't happening, you know what I mean? Like his uncle's done, Alex has done drumming, so it's only Wolfgang carrying that last name until he has kids. So you know, Wolfy making comments and the things that he does. It's a little different a son that is not actively in the business and in the band. You know, it's just I understand your feelings are hurt. It's your dad. Of course, it's your dad, so of course you have a loud voice in this. But it's just weird to put because ultimately, there's no way that the Bennington family is not benefiting financially from this. They are not cut off from the band. There's no way possible that Lincoln Park the family Chester Sun, and that they are not financially cut off from this moving forward. That I don't know for sure, but I would be blown away that they didn't have a steak that you're gonna get a taste of all of this stuff moving forward. It's weird unless they don't need it. But maybe this you're gonna get money. I think you're gonna make money on this thing moving forward. You want to be as big as possible.
Speaker 5: The son, I can understand him being said, He's allowed to feel the way he wants to feel. But I just feel like Mike shoulda didn't just spring this, Like the Bennington family didn't learn of this news last week. It's it wasn't the first day had heard of it. But I feel like somebody had to be like, hey, we're talking to a new singer. Perhaps, Like I don't think that that was just sprung on the Bennington family. I'm not saying it what that's one hundred percent case, but I feel like that would shock me to learn.
Speaker 6: That, like they had no idea I news.
Speaker 1: Was would totally give Mike chanot to the benefit of the doubt that he handled this, letting the family know that this is our intention. I'd appreciate you keeping this to yourself, by the way, but we are actively looking to get this thing fired up again. Yeah, we want to get out there and we want to celebrate Chester. He said it. He said, you know, he introduced the new singer. If you watched when they introduced their brand new singer, that thing that came out Friday. He's like, and you know, singing is this person and you playing the role of Chester Bennington? Is you in the audience keeping him alive, keeping his memory alive?
Speaker 4: Like you know, these potsters online.
Speaker 3: You know, this son's going online and reading like, hey, you know all the things, and he's like, yeah, you know what, you guys are ruining my dad's legs, you know what I mean. Like he's empowered, especially right now. He has a microphone to say anything. He knows people are listening right now. So he comes out with this bold statement and it's you know, that's why it's headline story on the music Walk page.
Speaker 1: All right, what are you giving away? I know the show.
Speaker 3: I have a pair of pit tickets to see Rob Zombie and Alice Cooper the Freaks on Parade tour coming to the Woodlands this Sunday.
Speaker 1: I mean, listen, Alice Cooper's never going to retire, but he is an absolute legend. If you don't have Alice Cooper checked off on your hey, I got to see this guy before it's too late. This is your show. This is your show. And to get in the pit it's huge, uh piss pit passes on know the show coming up after this rock and Alternative fare. He use to The rod Ryan.
Speaker 8: Morning Show six to ten AM, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five, The Buds rod Ryan Show, Last bit of Business to get to is know the show pit tickets Sunday Night. I'm Zombie Alice Cooper Legends. Okay, I mean that is a show these guys are doing. The monsters are running around the whole thing. You want to be up close and personal with both Rob Zombie and Alice Cooper on tour together. I've seen this show before. It's amazing. Did I see it from the pit? I did not, but you can. What's your question?
Speaker 3: Okay, someone has to tell me how tall I am in real life and then how tall I am in the Who's Shorter game?
Speaker 1: Those are the same answer. No, they're not the same answer. This is my big We'll win you.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: The height we use for the game is the height is the walk around height.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's not true. That's not true.
Speaker 1: I mean I understand, like the weight fluctuates for boxers. You know, they weigh in, they're a little lighter, and then by the time the fight comes around, they're heavier. But you can't grow.
Speaker 4: I will always lie about my weight. I'm trying to be honest about my height. Please allow me.
Speaker 1: All right, seven, So how you word in this? What's the hype for the game?
Speaker 4: What lies you're being spread on the Who's Shorter Game? About my height? How tall does Rod have me in the game? Someone can tell me that gold face seven one two.
Speaker 5: Hey, Alexa, play ninety four point five The Buzz on iHeartRadio, getting ninety.
Speaker 1: Four point five the bus station from iHeart Radio, The Rod Ryan Show every morning six to ten on ninety four to five with the Buzz ninety four to five the Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show. Wanted things down here with the Chili Peppers thirty percent chance bring today cloudy Skies mid eighties. I'll take that. I'll take that. Daddy Lankey, I got more emails beating me up about what are you doing tomorrow? Rod? That's a good question, Oh radio show. Hopefully people tune in listen. I mean, that's what they're paying me for. That's what they're paying to us all for. Like we're doing a radio show tonight. Like this is an average email that I got from Kathleen. Okay, Rod, you got me hooked on tomorrow's ticket give away. What are you doing. I'm supposed to head to San Antonio in the morning. I'm gonna hang out. I'm gonna wait to see what you're up to. Okay, if you're sending chili out again, send them out to the Cypress area. You're killing me with these tickets. I'm trying so hard, amazing. Yeah, I haven't said what we're doing. I guess I let's seven o five. You'll find out what we're doing seven o five tomorrow. I said I wanted to give away a big chunk of tickets, a whack of tickets. I think I called it a rock block of tickets, a rock bo I think I called it. Yeah, you know, last time I gave away twenty pair of tickets, when I did something, you know, like a chunk of tickets, I said it was gonna be chunkier tomorrow seven o five, we will tell you how to get all of those uh twentieth anniversary party tickets. But listen, we got a huge ticket right here.
Speaker 2: Come on now, time for this show on ninety four to five the.
Speaker 1: Buzz la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la. Good morning Ryan Show. Who's this?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 7: Eric?
Speaker 1: How are you I'm doing well? Did do do do huge ticket in the pit? Yeah, it's a big one. It's a big one. Okay, I know what you do Well, I know you do.
Speaker 4: I hope you know the answer.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Tell me Eric, Eric four the rob Zombie tickets and Alice Cooper?
Speaker 1: How what?
Speaker 4: What lie about my height is being spread in the Who's Shorter?
Speaker 7: Game?
Speaker 1: Well? You were obviously five four. I'm not.
Speaker 4: I'm not Eric, I'm not Derek. I'm five to five. Brown eyes smile like the sunrise, just like the song.
Speaker 3: But I will give you the passes because I think, yeah, I think you'll fit in on the Freak sub Pray twenty twenty four tour in the Pit, Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Eric, we got a little something for you. This is for you. Eric, wasn't in the pit? You and I love park Oh perfect your bell in the pit? All right, come on, we gotta go. That's enough of that, Eric, all right, dude, have a great time in the pit now, you know it would be great? No, really, You know when you make something and you just put that one extra thing on there, and it's just it's like it's like a kiss from heaven. It just made that recipe or that a picture of you with Alice Cooper over your shoulder. You're in the pit, Eric, and then you take a selfie and then there's the legend himself, Alice Cooper, right there behind you in the pit. I would love to see that picture on Monday. I would love to see it. And yeah, you know, have you ever heard anybody lie to me on the show before? Because it happens at daily, daily, it happens.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 1: The thing is, you know I would take that picture regardless. So why would I not just bother you?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: I mean, we're sending you to the pit, give me the picture. Even if it's Rob Zombie over your shoulder. You know what, They're gonna come out and do something together too. If you can get both of them, it'd be huge, all right. I feel like we got the right guy here. Thanks Bro, thanks so much, Thank you. So just like a fighter, you know, when it comes time to the fight, she cuts her height. She she she fights at five four, but she walks around at five five ran just like a fighter does. Cody was two questions to answers. I don't believe in this guy. I don't who is he does not There's no way that guy's going into the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 4: Oh you better tune in tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Fresh out of bed. Head to head even said in his speech. He goes, I can't get any respect on a speak up, and I'll give you some respect. I can't hear you, I can't respect, I can't hear all right he did. It was two questions to answers. He's good. He's good. He beat Charlie this morning, and Charlie is a Hall of Famer. So tat Tuesday was the number one link today. Hopefully I don't get scammed today. I don't have to do a scam story time tomorrow on the show.
Speaker 4: Pretty good.
Speaker 1: Two days in a row. I've had to take time on the show to talk about how they're trying to get your brother Rod over there. Okay, the Who's Shorter game? I mean, Charlotte came in, came out, We played one round.
Speaker 4: Charlie was so funny.
Speaker 1: Is today Alex and Emma's anniversary? It is wedding anniversary?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Two years?
Speaker 4: Wow, thirteen total, but two years we were thirteen in totality.
Speaker 1: We were at your wedding last year on this day. Oh two years yeah ready, yeah, you got a baby already. Okay, that's awesome. Happy universary. I think your kids are gonna make it.
Speaker 6: I hope.
Speaker 1: So wild Card Wednesday is today? Only Tuesday? What the hell? Yeah, tomorrow's wild Card Wedday?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Four days last week?
Speaker 1: Like, is it thursday? Did we just do? Read my lips? Wild Card Wednesday is tomorrow. It's only Tuesday, guys, But that's when that storm we're getting rain tomorrow. I don't know. I'll be here though. We'll talk about it. Maybe we'll play a game tomorrow. You guys want to play some sort of a wacky game.
Speaker 4: We always want to get wacky and funky.
Speaker 1: I've got six thousand celebrities prepared. If you want to play Who's Shorter again?
Speaker 4: Let's play it all day.
Speaker 1: I mean I put in the work and then that's it. Tomorrow at seven o five you're gonna find out how we're gonna give away a big old chunk of tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary party. Seven o five. All will be announced. Okay, Hey, Jeremy got engaged. I just want Jeremy is getting married married? Big Jeremy married married married. Yeah. I saw him getting engaged on the internet. It's gotta be true.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Look down on one knee the whole deal man, all right, you can ask Jeremy about it.
Speaker 6: I'm so happy everywhere are.
Speaker 1: I can hear him?
Speaker 6: Christ So one of the best guys ever.
Speaker 1: He is one of the nicest dudes on the planet who started out in turning on this show. What a guy, What a career, What a career. All right, He's gonna give you a chance to pick your tickets in the one o'clock hour. Ask him about that rock golf tournament information. We need sponsors. Houston Life Tesla's gonna be on the TV at one o'clock today. That's it. We gotta go, man, We're on a twenty hour break. Guys, thank you for today.
Speaker 2: Amm Well, wasn't that fun?
Speaker 1: If you missed any of the show today, All the Good Stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan shoepage at the buzz dot com.