Speaker 1: Ben and Skin Show ninety one point one The Eagle. Thanks for hanging out with me, Tizzle, little baby garm Bread. It's your fam kt Christina and Skin been on vacation this week, but he will be back next week. All Right, I'm gonna do music news here at the top of the hour. I want to tell you about something I'm pretty excited about. And then we'll talk Texas Rangers, we'll talk sports, we'll talk playoffs. We've got a lot to get to, but right now it's time for this.
Speaker 2: Give me that moves quickie. First one I have.
Speaker 3: So the tenth president is John Tyler. Okay, okay, John Tyler. Is this breaking news?
Speaker 2: Uh? Yeah, it's happened within the last day or so. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So John Tyler still had a living grandson.
Speaker 2: What just a grandson? When don'd you think that's like great.
Speaker 1: Great grand Yeah, that's amazing. So you must be like one hundred years old or something.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, So he had fifteen children, but back in the day, you have all those kids because only like nine are gonna make it through their teams. So he was the last president to have it still have a living grandson. I guess we now we would go up to the element of their twelfth one. Isn't that crazy though?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And now this guy died at the age of like ninety, he was ninety seven, so I think he was ninety eight when he died. Actually, all right, boy, is that while that the tenth president still had a grandson walking among us until yesterday? Yeah, that was pretty wild. New York Times once called John Tower the most unpopular man to ever hold office.
Speaker 2: Oh well, he's the first VP. They didn't know what was to come.
Speaker 3: They didn't know what was to come because no one likes and never did like Bill Clinton.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I thought he was going Jimmy Carter. Oh in the Kloda Many President. By the end of the Biden presidency, he was so popular.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I hope he's doing okay with it. Yes, Kevin awes and pray for them.
Speaker 3: Kevin Costner, owner of the Key to Irving's. He's been sued by a stunt performer from the set of Horizon to you know part two of the fore parts?
Speaker 2: Did that one actually come out? I don't remember, not out yet, Okay, but they're still going through.
Speaker 3: With its been shot and it sounds like if he's lost a mount of money here. It's a good time to sue him too. He's money. So the stunt performer claims that she is thirty four years old. Her name is Devin Labella, porn star name Yeah. Claims that she was put in an unscripted rape scene without warning or proper filming protocols.
Speaker 1: God, oh my god, that's weird on set to go Hey, you know, let's let's squeeze a rape scene in here.
Speaker 2: The story is crazy.
Speaker 3: Now, I will tell you that Costner's got a lawyer that's kind of the name of which you would imagine one of Jerry Jones's lawyers to be Jerry Jim John John j Marty Singer. Marty Marty Singer says there's absolutely no merit to this, but get on the phone. Says this. She said the scene in question was explo to her after she performed the rehearsal in character with another actor. Okay, and then she says, there's a contract too that you have to have like forty eight hours before you go and do the scene. And it's like in their contract and her job is to step in for the actor during physical scenes and to perform the stunt while the cameras are rolling. These scenes are usually rehearsed and choreographed, and there's a lot of time, and there's an intimacy coordinator, which there wasn't, she claims, So she performed these stunts with that incident, and then she said things changed very drastically because and costs directing this, by the way, so she arrives on. The actual actress who is playing this part, arrives on set that day, learned that Costner had requested some additional scenes that were not on the call sheet, and one of those required an actor by the name of Roger Ivans to climb on top of her and to violently hike up her skirt, so it's simulating it's a rape scene on a wagon. Yeah, okay, Well, because all this, like, the actress was like, why I don't like this and you're changing the scenes that I'm not prepared for this. So she walked off the set refusing to do the scene. So her stunt performer, Devin Labella, the person who's suing Costor, jumps in there to step in. While she's not a stand in performer, she's just a stunt performer. She's not supposed to on a whim without seeing the scene this, So basically she has to go through with this sexual of the scene that's got a lot of you know, it's bad, and she's kind of gonna let this guy just kind of, you know, violently pull up her skirt and who knows how many he takes they did and all that stuff. God, she says, without proper notice, consent, preparation, or appropriate safeguard measures in place. So is getting Hordeous now again costs you know, attorney very he said, She said, well, we've never gone down like that.
Speaker 2: There's people on set.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's another part of it is it was it was playing back to people on set as well, and like usually for scenes like that, they it's like.
Speaker 2: No, it's a close set today.
Speaker 3: You can't have caterers around and friends and family and agents and all that. It's a just the people involved.
Speaker 2: This is gonna be weird.
Speaker 3: Apparently that's very happens in sex scenes and rice and things like that, right right, right, So we will see if he makes it through this and it gets to horizon three and four.
Speaker 2: I'm wondering how many times she had to do that take.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I do think about this a lot. I don't watch a lot of Westerns, but there is an a lot of stuff that I've seen there are Westerns, there is this overriding foreboding all women are constantly in danger of sexual assault.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that's just kind of the nature.
Speaker 1: Of the wild way, and distress is what they use it as a disguise. Absolutely, And it's like, it's one of the reasons why I'm always uncomfortable with Westerns and that just ominous thing hanging. All right, we're out here all alone and the stranger just came up.
Speaker 2: What are his intentions?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's just I it always makes me feel so uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: It gets really really bad. Now. Costner's again, attorney just keeps like denying it, but she's on. After the scene's over, she's there crying. Also, a couple of the other stunt coordinators were kind of being like, what do you speak up earlier?
Speaker 2: But if you had a problem doing it. They were all male too, of course they.
Speaker 1: Were Oh boy, Costner, God, Horizon has got so much positive momentum. All right, it's the Ben and Skin Show ninety seven point one. The Eagle coming up next. In music News, I want to tell you guys about something that's going on Saturday that's kind of near and dear to my heart, and we'll play a little music to get you excited about it.
Speaker 2: That's next here on the Eagle