Speaker 1: The following is a paid podcast. iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed.
Speaker 2: Hello, when welcome to boost your brain power. I'm your host, doctor Eric Kaplan. So one of the ways to boost your brain power is to lose weight. So people who have obesity excess of fact, their brains aren't going to function properly. If you have diabetes, that makes you more likely to get Alzheimer's or dementia. In fact, they're thinking about changing the name of Alzheimer's disease two diabetes type three. So what does that mean. If we want our brain to function best at the same time lose weight, we have to make sure we prevent diabetes. So want we don't want to have a lot of sugar, So you really have to limit your sugar. Sugar is addictive. In fact, sugar is more addictive than cocaine. They did research with these rats and they give them cocaine, so they got addicted to it. Then they gave them sugar, so they got addicted to that. Then they gave these rats a choice. They can only choose one, the sugar or the cocaine because whenever they chose, the door would close and guess what they chose, the sugar over the cocaine. Sugar is literally more addictive than cocaine. So we have to stay away from sugar. And sugar is everywhere. Sugar is in bread, It's not just the cookies and the cake and the candy. It's in juice, it's in soda, it's in your coffee, it's in your tea, it's your food, it's in when you go to restaurants, it's in your sauces, your ketchups, your You know, sugar is everywhere, and don't eat anything that's sugar free. You don't want to eat sugar, but you also don't want to eat sugar free because if it's sugar free, they're just replacing it with some artificial sweeteners such as aspartain, which leads to cancer as well as inflammatory diseases such as heart disease and Alzheimer's cancer. We want to really stay away from sugar, add from all the sugar replacements. Now, another easy thing to help you lose weight is to just eat one ingredient foods. So eat lots of fruits and veggies, eat your nuts, Eat your seeds, Eat your fish and your eggs, and your chicken and your turkey and your you know, pork chops and your steak. But stay away from the bread because that's got ten ingredients. Stay away through anything in boxes and can in bags, so it's got more than one ingredient, we want to stay away from it. Only get things that have one ingredient, fresh real food. If you've got to stay away from the processed foods, that literally leads to weight can and that's all the stuff that you're gonna find in the middle of the supermarket, in all the aisles where everything's packaged and it could be there for a long time. I don't want food that could last a long time, that it's not real and it's got a lot of chemicals or preservatives or whatever it may be. I want food that's gonna mold in a few days, then I know it's real. So stay away from the processed foods, Stay away from the fast foods, stay away from takeout. They also use the worst oils. Right, They're not using olive oil, coconut oil, avocado oil. They're not cooking with beef towel, they're cooking with corn oil, canola oil, sapflour oil, sunflower oil, soybean oil, vegetable oil. These are the worst things to put in your body. So we want to stay away from the sugar. We want to stay away from sugar free. We want to stay away from gluten, which is all the grains. But we also want to stay away from gluten free. That's going to have too many ingredients, right, so never buy anything that's sugar free, fat free, gluten free, dairy free. Look at the ingredients. It's full of a crap, right. We want one ingredient food. If you want to lose weight, don't eat anything that's processed, packaged. Don't eat anything with preservatives, food dyes, chemicals, artificial sweeteners, artificial flavors. If there's stuff in the ingredients that you don't recognize, do not eat it. If there's stuff that you can pronounce, do not eat it. If it's not even words, but they're letters and numbers, like oh, this is PG number fourteen, It's like, I don't think that's a real food, right, So you gotta stay away from all this fake processed food. If you want to stay at a healthy weight, eat one ingredient food. Okay, Now, also we want to stay away from coffee, and usually coffee's blow sugar and milk and all this other craft besides causing anxiety, heart palpitation, sleeping difficulties, pteing, low energy, it's also going to prevent you from losing weight. So try and switch out that coffee for a green tea. Unsweetened green tea. Green teas properties that have been moving through the scientific community to help with weight loss. So stay away from the coffee, stay away from the Starbucks, Dunkin Donut, don't make your own coffee with an aluminum pot, you know, and the cups in the Starbucks and the cups in the dunkin Donuts. When you put the hot water in it, that warn't the hot liquid take some of those chemicals out of the cup, and then you end up drinking the chemicals from the cup, which are toxic and poisonous to our bodies. So not only is it bad for weight loss, but it's also bad for chemical exposure and can lead to cancer and other stuff like that. Now, another easy way to lose weight is to supplement with probiotics. Most people who have difficulty losing weight have bad gut microbiome because they've either taken antibiotics, or they've taken ant acids toms, rollways, or they've taken you know, anti bacterial lotions, antibacterial spray, these anti bacterials, so all this antibacterial stuff kills off all the good bacteria. So I'm not an antibacterial person. I'm a pro biotic person. I don't want antibiotics because that ruins our gut microbiome that's going to cause you to gain more weight. I want to take probiotics that's going to help me to lose weight. And when you take probiotics, don't get it from yogurt because dairy isn't no good or weight loss. So you want to get it from a supplement I like Claire Laboratories, and make sure every two months you switch your probiotics because you want to keep taking the same probiotic over and over and over again. Now, another obvious thing that you need to do to lose weight is exercise, and you got to do cardio as well as weight resistant exercise. Start off by doing hit high intensity interval training. That means, let's say, if you're walking on a track, you walk where it curves and then once you get to this right away. Then you sprint till the next curve and you walk the curve. Then you sprint the straight away, walk the curve, sprint the straight away. So one lap is about a quarter of a mile on a track. So if you're not so it, just start off one day. You could do one lap around the track where you run during the straight away, walk during the curb, run the straight away, walk the curve. It will literally just take a couple of minutes there. So the second day you do two laps, third day you do three laps. So if you're not already into the cardial, that's a good way to work into it. Just start one lap on the track, just a quarter of a mile, so first day quarter of a mile, second day a half a mile, third day three quarters a mile, fourth day a mile, fifth day two miles, you know, and so on and so forth, three miles, four miles, and you keep on increasing it gradually. You don't have to do it fast, just gradually at your cardio. When you don't like to run, get a bicycle and do the bike, or get you know, play some school it's basketball or soccer, do some roller blading. I don't care what it is growing swimming, but just do something to get your heart beaten a little fast, get your body sweating. That means you're getting some good work out there. Then also, don't forget to do the weights. Weights actually help you to lose weight. So instead of you don't want to lose muscle, you want to lose fat. Now, these drugs that everyone's taken, the ozembic ozempic, will actually when you lose weight, eighty percent of the weight loss comes from muscle mass loss and only twenty percent comes from fat loss. If you do it the way I'm teaching you, through proper brain nutrition exercise, you're gonna lose eighty percent fat and only twenty percent muscles. So when you take those medications such as ozempic or these diabetes medication, you're losing muscle, and the muscle controls your heart, So your heart's gonna become controls your gut. Your gut's gonna become weaker, so it's not worth taking the medicine. Just listen to what I'm saying, and you'll lose the weight naturally and more effectively in a healthy way. You gotta get good sleep. You gotta go to bed early. I had a patient who used to go to bed at one am in the morning. The only thing I had her do was go from She did a graduate but she went from twelve to eleven to ten once she started going to bed by ten pm. Because the most important time at the hour or two before midnight. That's when you're gonna break down that fat. You're gonna lose the weight that you need. So this lady actually lost something like twenty thirty pounds just in three months just by going to bed earlier. So sleep is very important. Egg protein to your diet. We gotta have less carbs, more protein. Meal prep. You gotta be prepared. If you're starving, then you're gonna go out and eat some fast food or some junk food or some snacks. So you got a meal prep whether it's Sunday night, you know, maybe meal prep twice a week, Sunday night, Wednesday night. So you got all your snatch, all your foods, all your meals plan. Because when you don't have a good plan and you end up eating the bad food. When I go to a party, I eat before I go to the party. So I got a prep that way, I'm not so hungry I'm gonna eat all this bad food. Another good way to lose weight is intermittent fasting. And what you do with intermitten fast thing is you only eat problem ten am to six pm. Those are eight hours. You're eating for eight hours and then you're fasting for sixteen hours and make sure you don't eat at night, so you want to be done by six pm, so that if you go to bed at ten you have four hours before your last meal and bedtime. That's intermittent fasting, but making sure you end early so you can lose weight and you'll function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan. You're listening to boost your brain power.
Speaker 3: Don't miss boost your brain power with doctor Eric Kaplan every Saturday from two pm to three pm to learn the secrets of how to optimize your brain function. You can improve memory, focus, energy, sleep, digestion, mood, skin, metabolism, and strength by following the science and research that doctor Caplan will be sharing with his audience. Join the adventure of discovering how to help the brain and body in a natural way while having fun at the same time. Listen to boost your brain power. If you want to function better, feel better and enjoy the quality of life you deserve. Call two oh one two six ' one two one five zero or email info at Kaplan brainanbody dot com if you're interested in a free ten minute consultation with doctor Caplan, or visit kaplandc dot com for more information.
Speaker 2: Function better, feel better and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Caplan, and you're listening to boost your brain power. One of the most common questions I get every single day is doctor Caplan, how can I lose weight? And that is very important for people's health and for their confidence of themselves, for their way they look, the way they carry themselves, but also to prevent obesity, diabetes, heart disease, cancer, Alzheimer's disease. So losing weight is good esthetically, but even more importantly, it's good for the health of your brain and your body. Now, there are lots of ways to lose weight, but one of the most important ways is to lose your stress. Decrease your stress levels. When people have increased stress, that means they're corticol are going to be high. Cortisol is distress formal and when your cortisol levels are high, that's literally going to deposit belly fat. So if you want to lose that belly fat, you got to reduce your cortisolt. You got to reduce your stress. I go on lots of vacations every year. I take about twelve vacations a year. And when I go on vacation, I usually don't eat as healthy, right, because I don't have all my food in my kitchen. So a lot of times we'll eat out, you know, we'll eat process foods, we'll eat take out. You know, we'll go to restaurants when might get not non organic and have some of these bent oils. So it's not, you know, like we eat as healthy when we're on vacation as we do at home. However, typically I end up losing weight on vacation, not because I'm eating worse food, but because I'm in less stress. So when I'm home, right, I have two office it I got two radio shows, and I got two newspaper columns, and I got two kids.
Speaker 4: I got my wife, I got my parents, I got my brothers and nephews and nieces. I got my staff, my employees, I got my patients. I have a lot of responsibilities, so I'm always you know, always on the go, trying to help people and save the world and heal the patients.
Speaker 2: But that's a lot of stress. You know, when I go on vacation, right and I take a little break, I'm not writing my newspaper column, not doing my radio show, I'm not taking care of the patients. I'm not taking care of my staff. I take time on off, and that intensely reduces my stress levels. That's why I end up losing a lot of weight. So the less stress you have, the easier it is to lose weight. The more stress you have, the harder it is to lose weight. So we got to decrease stress, and there are lots of natural ways to decrease stress. The best way is through what's called your autonomic nervous system to get you out of this fighter flight mode into a more calm, relaxed date, which we call to rest and digest. To get out of the fight or flight mode, there are a lot of exercises you could do on your own. For example, gargling really intensely, so every morning when you wake up, gargle as loud as you can. Every time you're in the shower, goggle really loud. Shoot for the ceiling. Right before bed, after you brush your teeth, gurgle water really loud, stimulate your vagus nerve, and the vagus nerve can reduce stress levels. Cold water on your face will reduce stress levels. Every morning you wake up, splash your face with cold water. Every evening, right before bed, splash your face with cold water. At the end of your shower. End in cold water, let it go on your face. That makes you more resilient. It brings down your stress levels, and it will help you to lose weight for your autonomic nervous system dysfunction. And one other easy way to reduce stress is just drawing. Figure eights are like the infinity symbol with your arm keeping it straight, moving over the middle of your body. So you just draw thirty seconds of infinities three times a day. That reduces anxiety, That reduces stress. So those are three neurologic exercises you could do. Gargling, cold water on the face and drawing the infinities that are going to actively reduce your stress levels. Another way to reduce your stress levels is to do mindfulness practicing mindfulness. Mindfulness is when you think of one thing at a time, So, for example, let's say you're eating dinner. Don't be watching TV, don't be reading the newspaper, don't be scrolling on Facebook or YouTube. Be in the moment of eating and to lose weight. What you want to do A couple of things you can do. Number one, eat with chopsticks. So instead of eating with a fork and a knife, eat with chopsticks. That means you're gonna eat smaller bites, smaller portions. And when you put the food in your mouth, I want you to chew for thirty five times, and every time you chew, feel the texture, feel a taste it, look at the food, Smell the food. That's practicing mindfulness, where you're focused on the meal, not on something else. Not watching TV while you're eating, all right, So focus on eating and eating only. That's practicing mindfulness. When you're at the gym, just be doing gym. Don't be checking your text messages. When you're at work, be at work. Don't be looking through social media, don't be making personal phone calls. That's practicing mindfulness. So when you're at to gym, you're only focused at the gym. When you're eating, you're only focused on eating. When you're at work, you're only focused at work. When you're talk looking to a loved one or spouse, your only focus on them. You're not looking at your phone. You're not listening to the music or watching TV at the same time, or reading a book or the newspaper. You are one hundred percent in the moment. That's mindfulness, and people will appreciate that you being there. People will know if your mind's elsewhere, they'll make sure you practice mindfulness. You could also do meditation that will reduce your stress levels. I practice the release or the relax technique, and I might just do it thirty seconds, but I do it every day. So I start from the top of my head and I say relax, and I relax all the muscles. Then I go to my temples relax. And you go to my eyes relax, and my ears relax, and my jaw relax, and my mouth relax, and my neck shoulders chess, and you go all the way down to the toes. So that's thirty seconds. You just pick thirty spots and every second you relax those muscles and you'll feel the jewel relax. You'll feel the neck relax, the shoulders relax, the back relax, you don't realize how tense and stressed you are unless you start doing these meditations. And I don't care, and I'm not saying thirty minutes. I'm literally saying thirty seconds. Everybody has thirty seconds, because if I say thirty minutes, people have been like, oh, I don't have time to meditate. You got thirty seconds. So every morning, you want to meditate for thirty seconds, doing the relaxed technique, starting from the top of your head, going all the way down to the bottom of your toes. Right now, getting back to eating, right, So we want to be mindful eating. So a good thing to do is eat with chopsticks. Chew your food thirty five times, practice mindfulness. Use small plates, right, don't eat these big plates, and you'll get big portions, all right, Flavor your food with some chili, peppers, holmipinos, cinnamon, turmeric. Therefore you won't need sugar and salt and stuff like that. So start and you gotta stay away from all the carbs, all the bread, the rice, the potatoes, the oats, the cereals, the crackers, not just the soda, the candy, the cookies and the cakes and the muffins and the croissants, but all the carbs, all the grains, all the starches. Get all your stuff. Your your sugar, your natural sugar from fruits. Get them from blueberries and strawberries and bananas and apples, and you know, get your carbs from your squash and your zucchini. You know you don't have to eat all these white foods. I want you to eat colorful foods. Stay away from the white foods, all right. And then you have a bowel movement. Make sure when you're sitting on the toilet you put your feet up like on a little footstand. That creates a better angle for better digestion, so you eliminate your fecal matter and help lose weight. Eat a lot more. Another good strategy to help to lose weight is to drink water on an empty stomach. So you want to drink five glasses of water a day, first thing in the morning, right when you wake up, a half hour before breakfast, a half hour before and launch a half hour before dinner. And then at night. Don't drink water with your food that will make it harder to lose weight. Drink water before a half hour for each meal. That helps to lubricate the intestinal pathway that helps to get some feedback to your brain that prevents over eating. It's water is your big friend when you're trying to lose weight. Another thing that's important is to get your brain checked right, So you got to get your brain check. You might have, you know, an adrenal issue which stimulates cortisol. You might have a thyroid issue, you might have some inflammation, your metabolism might be off. So you want to check your brain and stick around for the end of the show and I'll teach you some ways that you can test your marine so you know whether that's affecting you or not. But we see a lot of thyroid problems, so do blood work. Also, get your thyroid checked to a full panel, not just your TSH and your T four. You need about ten different thyroid tests, so you have to do a whole thyroid because most thyroids are not anything to do with the thyroid. Thyroid problems are actually autoimmune disease, which has to do with your immune system, not your thyroid. So when you take medicine for your thyroid, ninety percent of time it's wrong because it should be done with your autonomic nervous system and your autoimmune system. That's how you would fix the thyroid. Then you got to also get some good sleep. That's very important. So one way that you could get good sleep is to make sure that you don't have any electronics after six pm. So not only do you want to do intermition infesting where you don't have any food past six pm, you also want to do no electronics past six pm because when you have the electronics and that's computer, TV, cell phone, iPad and no smart devices, that's going to increase cortissol, which is going to cause weight gain and it's going to interrupt your sleep. So best thing to do is drink water at five pm, eat dinner at five point thirty pm, go for a walk at six pm, come home, turn off all the lights, don't use any electronics, and don't eat any food. That way you'll function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan more when we come back from the break.
Speaker 3: If you want to improve your brain function, help with memory, focus, sleep, digestion, energy depression, anxiety, dizziness, balance, vision, headaches, brain FuG weight loss, or simply want to maximize your human potential and prevent future diseases. That this is the show for you. Don't Misboost your brain power with doctor Eric Caplan and you will learn natural, integrative, and holistic approaches to modern day medical problems such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's stroke, autism, add concussion, autoimmune diseases, insomnia, fibromyalgia, vertigo, migraines, four posture pain, TBI, skin and digestive problems. Doctor Caplin is most famous for getting to the root cause of a wide variety of brain and health conditions, rather than treating symptoms with traditional medicines and risky surgeries. To contact doctor Kaplin, you can call his team at two oh one two six one two one five zero or visit his website at kaplindc dot com.
Speaker 2: Function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Caplan, and you're listening to boost your brain power. One of the most common questions I get is, Doctor Kaplan, how can I get out of pain? So many people that have neck pain and shoulder pain and back pain and knee pain. It's oh my god, we hear it all the time. Now. The first step is stop sitting so much. When you sit, that aggravates your joints. So I want you to start following the twenty rule. The twenty rule is that every twenty minutes of sitting, you get up for twenty seconds, move your body and look twenty feet away, and then you could go back to work, school, reading, writing, whatever you're doing. But don't sit for more than twenty minutes straight. So you might have to set an alarm, some reminder, use a cooking time or something to remind you, because you're not gonna know. Twenty minutes goes by very quickly, so you're not gonna know. Oh, it's twenty minutes. I gotta get up, so you gotta set a reminder. Just have your phone vibrate or something. And what it is, you get up and you walk twenty feet or you get up and do twenty push ups. You get up, do twenty sit ups, do twenty jumping jacks, do twenty squads, twenty lunges. I don't care what it is, but just move your body for twenty seconds after twenty minutes of sitting, and if you're working at the computer or working on your cell phone or the iPad or reading a book, also look twenty feet away. So exercise your body and exercise your eyes. That's the twenty rule. You want to get out of pain, you better start doing the twenty rule immediately. The worst thing is in one position, whether it's standing in one position or sitting in one position. All right, And so I driving is no good. If you sit for more than twenty minutes in a car, it's not good. So I have a little pillow that I use in my car, and actually my car has it's pretty cool. I have a setting that moves. The seat moves, the head rest moves the backrest, so it's constantly moving my body. So even when I'm in the car, I'm moving. If you don't have one of those, you can just get We have these air cushions that we have at the office that you blow it up with air. You put it in your car seat, and it forces you to move around, sort of like you're sitting on one of those exercise balls. So it kind of forces you to move a little bit, not a lot, but enough to kind of move that body so your joints don't stiffen up, because if you're not moving, everything stiffens up. So remember the twenty rule if you want to get out of pain. Right. Another thing that's important for pain is reducing inflammation. Most pain is caused by inflammation. There are some natural products that help reduce inflammation. Tumoric curcum in that helps reduce inflammation. Resveratrol, it's the best anti inflammatory. Where's veratrol is found in the skin of red grapes. It's found in Japanese, not weed. So the best anti inflammatory is resveratrol, and we have concentrated as veratrol if you need to, just give my office and ring and we can hook that up for you. But it's found in the skin of red grapes and japanese, not weed. That's resveratrol. And then the third anti inflammatory is omega threes. Those are the fish oils. A lot of fatty fish oils helps to reduce inflammation. So if you want to reduce pain, make sure you get on all those three of those, resveratrol, turmeric, and the omega threes. There's another product that I really like from apex Energetics called oxy cell and oxy cell. The main ingredients are gluedethione and the SOD and they help to reduce the pain. So there's lots of good stuff you can do at home. In our office, we have lots of stuff that we do, such as cold laser that helps to reduce the pain. Working on your spinal alignment and your posture. So I teach you how to get your bones in the right position and prove your posture. That will help reduce the pain. Then we sometimes have to do some physical therapy for the muscles. If you have too much spasm or if the muscles are too tight, you might have to do some stretching types of exercises. Also, there might be a nerve compression. We might have to do some spinal decompression. We might have to do some traction, might have to do certain home exercises to decompress your spine. So it could be inflammation, there could be bones out of position, there could be muscle spasms, there could be nerve compression. You might have an autoimmune disease. There's something called room toid arthritis, and you can check your blood work for what's called your r A factor. If you have a positive r A factor, that means you have autoimmune disease and the bodies attacking the joints. There's six foods that you must avoid if you test positive for this r A factor, or if you have fibromyalgia, which is also autoimmune disease. So the six foods are dairy, gluten, corn, soy, coffee, and alcohol. Those are for autoimmune disease. If you have rheumatoid athritis, if you have MS, if you have siliac, if you have hashimotos graves, psoriasis, chogrins, lupis, fibromyalgia, all of these are autoimmune disease.
Speaker 5: Even diabetes type one is autoimmune disease. So if you have any of these autoimmune diseases, you must avoid those six foods for a minimum of six weeks, and then you recheck.
Speaker 2: Your blood work and you'll see that the antibodies number go down, but more importantly, your pain levels go down. If you want to reduce pain, you've got to make sure your immune system is in tip top shape. All right, Now, stick around for the end, and I'll tell you an easy way that you can analyze all those things to see where your pain's coming from. Now, some people have a hyper sensitivity, and these people also might get ringing in the ears, floaters in the eyes. They might have light sensitivity, or you know, they don't like the lights that when they're driving at night, or you might be a little clumsy and bump into things, and you might have some balance problems. You might confuse your lifts and rights, you might smell things that aren't there, or you might taste things that aren't there. So these are sensitivity the issues, what's called a sensory integration difficulty. They're more likely to have some of these pain syndromes. Okay. Now, other things that can cause pain are trauma, right, So we see a lot of patients with concussion, so you get your head hit that can cause pain, or car accidents or slips and falls. You know, all these traumas can really mess up your brain and your body, and what we need to do is repair the damaged areas. I am not of the opinion of Okay, after an injury, just wait and hope the symptoms go away. No no, no, no, no no. You never want to wait. You want to do a thorough neurological and physical evaluation to figure out where the pain is coming from so you could remedy the situation so you don't end up with this pain for the rest of your life. You don't want to have arthritis for the rest of your life, or a disgone generation or a nerve compression or a muscle spasm, So you have to evaluate the brain and the body. Therefore, you could determine where the pain is coming from. In your blood work, there's certain inflammatory markers that I would check, whether it's Homo sixteen or CRP ESR that will tell us if you're too inflamed or not. Another thing that causes pain that no one talks about is these electromagnetic frequencies. You know, I had a lady a couple of months ago with severe hip pain, and what I had her do is take out her cell phone in her pocket, which is basically covering her hip every time. So she started putting it on airplane mode and putting it in her bag and Vohila. Within two weeks, her pain decreased by fifty percent and within four weeks it was completely on. She was radiating her hip with her cell phone with the Wi Fi, the five the data. So if you have your cell phone on your person, turn it off or put it on airplane modes. You don't radiate, and definitely don't talk on the phone holding it next to your ear. That's a lot of radiation. Don't put your laptop on your lap, keep the electronics away from your joints. I don't believe in any of those things, the bluetooth, the Apple watches. I don't want you radiating your body, So stay away from all the radiation and don't sleep next to any radiation. Don't have anything plugged in near your body when you're sleeping. Don't have your cell phone near you while you're sleeping, or your ipant. It's got to be at least six feet away from you. So you got to keep everything six feet away from you. Another thing for pain is eating healthy fats. Want healthy fats because the fats cover the nerve. It's called a mielin sheath. The fats are good for the joints. They oil up those joints there. Now, where do we get good healthy fats from olives? I'd rather you eat olives than cook with olive oil. You gotta eat olives. That's how you get good fat. Don't cook with olive oil. Olive oil is carcinogenic over I heat, so cook with either beef tallow, coconut oil, avocado oil. Those are the only safe ones to cook with. Right. So to eat fat, eat olives, eat avocado, eat walnuts, eat cheese, seeds, eat eggs, eat fish. These are healthy fats. If you want some oil to lubricate those joints, eat coconut oil or eat some olive oil and those will help to loosen up your joints. Drink a lot of water. You need to drink half your body weight in ounces. And for the water to get absorbed, you want to put salt in your water, either Celtic salt or the pink Kimalayan salt because those have about eighty six minerals in it. Because you don't want to just drink the water and pee it out. You want the water to absorb and that reduces your pain and then reduce your stress levels. The more stress you are, the more pain. Most people are in pain. It's got nothing to do with their body. It's actually their brain is stressed out. So reduce your emotional stress and you'll function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain power.
Speaker 3: Don't miss Boost your brain power with doctor Eric Kamplin every Saturday from two pm to three pm to learn the secrets of how to optimize your brain function. You can improve memory, focus, energy, sleep, digestion, mood, skin, metabolism, and strength. By following the science and research that doctor Caplan will be sharing with his audience, join the adventure of discovering how to help the brain and body in a natural way while having fun at the same time. Listen to boost your brain power. If you want to function better, feel better, and enjoy the quality of life you deserve. Called two oh one two six 't one two one five zero, or email info at Kaplan, brainanbody dot com if you're interested in a free ten minute consultation with doctor Caplan, or visit caplindc dot com for more information.
Speaker 2: Function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Caplan and you're listening to boost your brain power.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 2: A lot of patients ask me, hey, doctor Kaplan, how can I get better sleep? It's very important to get a good night's sleep. In fact, thirty of your life should be sleeping. Right, So there's twenty four hours a day, A third of it eight hours should be sleep, eight hours should be work, and eight hours should be fun. Make sure you do all three eight hours sleep, eight hours of work, eight hours fun. You can't just sleep and have fun, or you can't just work and sleep. You gotta do work, sleep, and fun. All three are important for a good balanced lifestyle. We're on this earth only once. Let's have some fun. But you gotta work for it, right, You got to work hard and play hard. And working hard doesn't necessarily mean a job. Could be charity, could be spirituality, it could be your health. It could be exercise, It could be helping others. It could be preparing something, building something. It doesn't necessarily have to be a job that's a nine to five that you get paid for. But you gotta work. You gotta do something for other people.
Speaker 6: You gotta whatever it is clean, you gotta recycle, you gotta garden. You gotta organize, you gotta plan, you gotta write, you gotta read.
Speaker 2: You gotta do something that's hard. Life isn't easy, and you have to be more resilient. Right, and if you work very hard throughout the day, you're gonna sleep like a baby throughout the night.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: You gotta work hard. Eight hours of work, eight hours of fun, eight hours of sleep. Now, the best time for those eight hours of sleep are ten pm to six am. That's when it's darkest. That's when you need your rest. Don't go to sleep at one am and sleep till nine am. That's not a good eight hours. One to nine is not a good night's sleep. Ten to six is a very good night's sleep. The amount of hours before midnight are crucial. They're crucial for your sleep. Okay, you gotta have good habits now. Another thing that's important for sleep is to not have electronics at night. Once you are done eating after six pm, then you should also be done with electronics after six pm. That means you have four hours between your last meal, your last electronic exposure, and then bedtime. That gives you sufficient time to increase your melow tone and digest your food, absorb your nutrients. Because you want to lie down in bed with food in your stomach, then you're gonna get acid reflux. Then you're gonna get gourd, you're gonna get symptoms. It's gonna make it more difficulty to sleep. You're not gonna digest absorb your nutrients properly, so you must. You must and eating early, and then you must end electronics earlier. If you want a good night's sleep, do not watch the news right before bed. That's the worst thing you could do. What's on the news. It's gonna be Ukraine, Israel. It's gonna be fires and hurricanes and tornadoes. It's gonna be stabbings. It's gonna be murders. It's gonna be political corruption. It's gonna be racism. It's gonna be criminal activity and rapes and theft. It's not gonna be fun, happy, less stressful type of stuff. It's gonna be high stressful stuff. It's gonna be high anxiety stories. It's going to be really, really difficult to get a good deep sleep. If you watch the news right before bed, or if you watch some zombie apocalypse right before bed, or you watch some vampire slaying right before bed, or you watch some murder mystery right before bed, or some World War three or World War two movie right before ben. Don't watch electronics, and especially don't watch something that's gonna be stressful. First of all, instead of watching, you can listen, listen to an audible book, listen to a podcast. You don't need to look at the screens, but on some music. So you can have entertainment at night without watching TV. Out going through your cell phone, scrolling, going on the computer, going on YouTube and Facebook, and Instagram. You can have entertainment. You could listen to a comedian. You could listen to a podcast. You could listen to an audible book. You could listen to music. You could read a book. You could play a game. You can play checkers or chess, or you could do a jigsaw puzzle, or you could do a maze or the crossword puzzle or the word jumbo. You could take a lesson, take a music lesson, a dance lesson. You could join a club, a book club, a sewing club. You could join a charity. You could take a dog for a walk. You could join some sports group. You could there's so many activities. There's senior citizen groups, there's you know, any group, any meetup. You know, there's stuff that you like that other people like that. People are getting together and they're not gonna be on the computer or the TV. So you're gonna be social. You're gonna get outside. That's gonna make your brain stronger so that when you come home you can get a deep sleep. Right, the more electronics, the more food you have the increase of cortisol that's going to interrupt your sleep. So make sure that you get a good night's sleep by preventing food and electronics for four hours before bedtime. Another good strategy to get good sleep is to walk outside for ten minutes during sunrise and walk outside ten minutes during sunset. When you walk outside during sunrise, the brain says, okay, the sun's coming up. Let me increase cortisol, give me energy, let me decrease melatonin, decrease fatigue. And then when you do the ten minute walk during sunset, now you're gonna increase melatonin, which helps you sleep. You're going to decrease cortisol, the stress homemone, which interrupts your sleep. Now, when you come home after six pm, dim the lights down. You don't want to come home and then turn on all your lights, turn on the TV, turn on the screen, have a snack. Then you're not gonna get a good night's sleep. So he said, your last meal is done by six. Then you go outside, watch the sunset for ten minutes, then come back inside and dim the lights. And dim the lights a little bit so seven o'clock, dimm them even more, eight o'clock, dimm them even more. Nine o'clock almost all gone. In ten o'clock, everything's dark. Don't have any electronics in your bedroom when you're going to sleep. You don't want to have the TV, the radio, the alarm clock, your cell phone, your iPad, your computer. You have all these things in your room when you're sleeping. That's gonna interrupt your sleep. So I want your room empty of all electronics. You only need one thing if that, but it's an alarm clock. It's the only thing you need in your room. And I personally just use my cell phone as my alarm clock, but I plug it in while it's charging overnight away from me. I put it on the other side of the room. Therefore, when it goes off, I have to jump out of bed anyway to turn it off because I don't want to, you know, wake up my wife. I get up pretty early because I exercise, but I don't want to wake up the whole house. So I put my phone far away from me turn it on, so it's gonna wake up in the morning. I gotta jump out of bed, right But you don't have any electronics, and not only in your room, but also on the other side of the wall where you're sleeping. So if your head's against the wall, and even though there's no electronics room. But on the other side there's your WiFi, your big screen TV, your DVD player, your PS five, your radio. So ive all these electronics on the other side of the wall. That's not good either, So you don't want anything plugged in near you or on the other side of the wall when you're sleeping. Another thing for getting good sleep is making sure that you don't take a long nap during the day. If you have difficulty sleeping and then you're so tired during the day that you gotta take a nap, that's gonna make it hard to sleep that night. So let's say if you have a bad night's sleep, keep yourself up the whole day so that that night now you're gonna be so exhausted you're gonna get a real deep sleep. Then you can actually get in a good streak if you want to start going to bed early. Now is the perfect time because we just had fall back where we turn back the clocks. So now when your brain thinks it's eleven o'clock, your cell phone's gonna say it's ten o'clock, and you can actually go to bed at ten o'clock because your brain thinks it's eleven. So start going to bed an hour early right now, because it's actually the same time you've been going to bed. Now is the perfect time to start going to bed early, which is in the fall after turned back the clock in October. All right, now, how do you know whether you're getting good sleep or not? You gotta do a brain test. The best brain test is called a qEEG brain mapping, and this measures all your different brain waves alpha, beta, theta, delta, and it tells us which areas of the brain are functioning well and which are not functioning well. It's gonna tell us you have sleep left of sleep, deprivation, insomnia, depression, anxiety, trouble with focus, trouble of memory, long term memory, short term memory. If you have a thyroid problem, have you metal poisoning long covid. If you have a neurotransmitter dopamine acetylcholine issue, you got intestinal inflammation, You have difficulty shifting tests, you have difficult motivation, organization planning, you have sensory issues. Tonight is ringing in the ear, floaters in the eyes, balance problems, headaches. It literally picks up everything. It's normally five hundred dollars, but for the first seven people to call, text or email, you could get the entire test for only twenty one dollars. The next best test to find out how your brain is functioning is called a VNG. This is where you wear infrared goggles that measure your eye movements. They go left and right and up and down and fast and slow. Actin. It tell us which areas are overactive which creates insomnia, anxiety, and which areas are underactive low motivation, fatigue, depression. That test is also normally five hundred dollars, but for the first seven people to call, text or email you can get that test for only twenty one dollars. And the third test, which is the most important, is a one on one with me. Well, I'll go over your VNG, your q EEG. I'll go over your blood work. I'll go over your posture, your alignment, your memory, your coordination, your balance, your heart, your lungs, your gut, you're nutrition, your exercise, your motivation, you're planning, we do everything. It's normally five hundred dollars, but for the first seven people to call, text or email you could get it for only twenty one dollars and take advantage you could do all three tests, So instead of paying five hundred dollars, five hundred dollars and five hundred dollars, you only have to pay twenty one dollars, twenty one dollars and twenty one dollars. Just call, text or email the number, write it down, dial it right now six four six two two one six seven three eight, or you can email info at Caplinbraininbody dot com just telling me you want to be the one of the first seven people to do all three tests for twenty one dollars each from the Caplin Brain and Body Boost your Brain Power radio show. If you like this show and you're interested about learning more, you could get my book on Amazon. It's called Boost Your Brain Power, A Guide to Improving your Memory and focus. Brain Power is one word. You can go on Amazon and you can get it there so you can get it delivered. The other thing that's important is our social media. Join us a Facebook it's Caplin Brain and Body. You can join us on my YouTube channel, Caplin Brain and Body. We also have TikTok which is doctor Eric Caplan, and we also have Instagram which is at Caplan Brain Body, so you can like us, subscribe, get your notifications, get our social media, go on our YouTube, get my book. If you want to listen to these shows, you could go on the website and just listen in the archives to our old shows. And that way your brain is going to function at a higher level. You're gonna feel better and you're gonna live a better life. This is doctor Eric Caplan. You just listen to boost your brain power. We'll see you next week.
Speaker 3: If you want to improve your brain function, help with memory, focus, sleep, digestion, energy, depression, anxiety, any dizziness, balance, vision, headaches, brain fog, weight loss, or simply want to maximize your human potential and prevent future diseases, that this is the show for you. Don't misboost your brain power with doctor Eric Kaplan and you will learn natural, integrative, and holistic approaches to modern day medical problems such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's stroke, autism, add concussion, autoimmune diseases, insomnia, fibromyalgia, vertigo, migraines, four posture pain, TBI, skin and digestive problems. Doctor Kaplan is most famous for getting to the root cause of a wide variety of brain and health conditions, rather than treating symptoms with traditional medicines and risky surgeries. To contact doctor Kaplan, you can call his team at two oh one two six one two one five zero, or visit his website at kaplandc dot com.
Speaker 1: The preceding was a paid podcast. iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed.
Speaker 2: St