Speaker 1: The sports page with the Orlando Sentinel and FM ninety six nine in the games, Mike the Bulldog Beyond you on jr. R.
Speaker 2: Bulldog Sports Page, brought to you by the Big Tournament. This weekend, you're gonna be out at Taco Bob Yeah, Bass Pro Shops. Bass Pro Tour coming to Leesburg. We're gonna be at a ski beach park. Actually, your boy, I'm out there Saturday. Okay.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a really good time to have live music, food trucks, the kids, fish and derby and so much more. You can get invoto our website. I'm out there Saturday, Dog, and your boy Kelly's out there on Sunday, right, I believe he is. Yes, Ski Beach. That place is great right there on the lake.
Speaker 2: It's awesome, that big old bass tournament.
Speaker 3: Man cool. I go boating right out there by the way.
Speaker 2: I love boating. We'll have to go sometime, Bulldog.
Speaker 4: Let's do it. Let's do it. The Magic went boating last night. Okay, they went boating, and the Atlanta Hawks came into town while the Magic were boating and play basketball and beat the Magic one twelve to one oh six.
Speaker 3: At Kia Center.
Speaker 4: Trey Young made three straight shots late in the game that gave the Hawks control of the game. Late the Franz A Franz Wagner and Palo Bancero they did their part. They both had over thirty points. The Franz matched his season high with thirty seven points, Palo had thirty one.
Speaker 3: However, they were the only.
Speaker 4: Two Magic players to finish in double figures, and the Magic continue to fade down the standings. They are now below the Hawks in ninth place in the Eastern Conference. So they're looking at the play in it now.
Speaker 1: Hey, I told Lyncher, here's how here's how we're playing at us Magic people. You have the break coming up. After the break, you're gonna have sugs come in. And I made this up earlier. You can use it if you'd be like, we're gonna sug it out with every team we go up against a sug it out instead of slug it out exactly.
Speaker 2: Hey, it was the debut of the NL Show last night in Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 4: Luka Doncics makes his debut with Lebron last night. Luca scored fourteen points in twenty four minutes the Lakers route the hapless Utah Jazz one thirty two to one thirteen. Before the game, Lebron's in the pregame huddle telling Luca be your fing self, don't fit in, fit the f out whatever that means, fit the f out, But anyway, Luca wins. Meanwhile in Dallas, oh boy, yeah. Meanwhile in Dallas, the emotions are still raw. Multiple fans were ejected in the second half of the as the MAVs lost to the Sacramento Kings one nine one twenty eight. Of course, they traded Luka Doncics got Anthony Davis in return. Anthony Davis gets hurt his first game back with Dallas, and it's ugly. They had protests the other night before the game, fans getting booted last night, Mark Cuban getting into a profane shouting match with fans last night.
Speaker 2: Well, now, didn't Cuban trade the controlling interest or sell the controlling interest.
Speaker 4: He's only he's only a minority owner now, so you gotta blame the new guy man, you know right, Well, they did blame the new guy. He was sitting in his seat last night and he got booed heartily by the fan base. The general manager, Nico Harrison, he's reportedly been getting death threats. Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's unbelievable.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'd be pissed, but death threats are you know, like if if if all of a sudden, Magic just got rid of Pallo would be like what what?
Speaker 4: Yeah? What are we doing here? Protests, death threats, fans getting ejected from the arena. Mark Cuban and Profane showed shouting matches with fans. People who take sports this seriously should find another hobby, like I don't know, bird watching or stamp collecting or something, right, but.
Speaker 3: We all love sports. We all love sports, but it is just sports, all right?
Speaker 2: What would you two do if one day, all of a sudden, I just told you my new big interest is stamp collecting. That I really just and did I stopped participating in this segment and talking about sports in general, and you guys say, hey, Lynch, what's up with you?
Speaker 1: Would you just start a stamp segment? Is that where you're getting at?
Speaker 2: Here's a forever stamp.
Speaker 4: The preliminary Super Bowl ratings are in. Fox released some ratings yesterday. They say the Super Bowl wreck it was a Super Bowl record average audience of one hundred and twenty six million viewers. It was televised obviously on Fire Fox, Fox, Debortes, Telemundo.
Speaker 3: What's that streaming site is to be?
Speaker 4: To be? So Fox's projections also include the Nielsen's early numbers last year one hundred and twenty three point seven million watch That was the record until this year. Of course, they do it differently now. That's the reason that you're seeing big numbers now because they're measuring, what is it, out of out.
Speaker 3: Of home watching? Now, what do you mean?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: The Nielsen is now measuring out of home.
Speaker 4: Viewers for instance, sports bars, Yeah, streaming and all of this other stuff. They didn't used to do that back in the day.
Speaker 2: Imagine what the numbers would have been if it was a good game.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, right, right, take I guess the peak was one hundred and thirty five point seven million viewers in the second quarter and then probably at halftime.
Speaker 5: Everybody, yeah, bailed both parties. I was at the first one left right before a halftime. Everybody was leaving at the half, and then the next one people were walking out as I walked in.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So college basketball, the Gators move up the number three in the latest AP poll. They beat number one ranked Auburn. Over the weekend, Auburn remained number one SEC basketball. The top three teams in the poll all from the SEC. Auburn, Alabama, Florida, Tennessee's number five, five of the top ten or in the SEC. It's unbelievable what a basketball league it's become.
Speaker 2: You know that. Even that said, though, you know, with March Madness coming up, that tournament is so unpredictable, it could turn out the No. SEC team in so making it all the way through, Yeah, could be.
Speaker 4: Let there's a little controversy at the Daytona five hundred this week. I guess they're giving a free pass into the race to Helio Castronevez, the you know, the open wheel racer from Brazil.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: Some of the NASCAR drivers not happy about that lunch, So why why is he getting a free pass based on this quote unquote international rule they have now where they're inviting top international racers to one one world class driver is designated and they're gonna give him an exemption to get into the race. Meanwhile, guys like Jimmy Johnson, is he not a world class driver?
Speaker 2: Well, I think they're just trying to draw new eyeballs to uh to stock car racing. That's that's what I think. And well, you might one might say, what are you worried about? Maybe he's gonna win. I never know.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying some of the Denny Hanlin, some of these guys aren't happy.
Speaker 2: Well, they can put him in the wall if you know they really are that pissed off. You know, I'm not that I'm encouraging that things happen on the track in the.
Speaker 3: Heat of who was the guy who who ran into the jet blow?
Speaker 2: Oh? That that was one one. Pablo Montoya almost asked if that was Hima This dude, Yeah, I swear all right. Mike the Bulldog biakios to open Mike on AM seven forty FM ninety six ninety game, and he takes time out of his show each morning to join us here for the sports page on j r R. Give us that Bulldog, Bark, oh Oh.
Speaker 1: Blitch and Taco are always on demand. Download their podcast daily on our free iHeartRadio app. Get it now at w j r R dot com.