Speaker 1: Four figure discount. March Madness has begun.
Speaker 2: That's right. For the month of March, all new Patreon memberships are now fifty percent off. That means you have access to more than six exclusive shows and over one hundred and fifty hours of bonus podcast for just two dollars fifty. You heard right, two dollars fifty. So don't miss out on this incredible sale because it will not be around for long. So if you enjoy everything we do here at four figure discount, we'd love for you to show your support today by joining the family on Patreon at patreon dot com slash four figure discount. Lenk is in the description of this show, Hey.
Speaker 3: Jamboo, Hello little boy. Do you like my flippers? Who said that? I did?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Wait, this is very exciting. Usually when I talk, nobody can hear me. Where are you from? South Park? It's true, it's nice to have somebody to talk to. Can't we talk more? Please? What do you want to talk about? Let's talk about rocket ships?
Speaker 2: Rocket ships? Yeah, I love rockets, but I can't see them because I'm stuck in this poke kick. Welcome to Going down to south Park, the podcast where we always have ourselves The time, and this week we're going to be saving the whales. It is free will Zyac.
Speaker 3: I'm Dando and I am guy, and you're very fortunate you didn't listen to the first five minutes pre episode where we decided. Is that how you pronounced will Zac. According to the Internet, that's how you do it.
Speaker 2: As I said, my notes say, because I thought I was saying willsey Ac. I thought that's weird. It's not how I'll look at this title of this episode and say that word. But my note said will z i a K. I'm like, I'm gonna go with it will Zyac, and it's apparently it's will z Ak. So I was going to will Zick, will Zick nas will Ziak.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, anyway, we said we weren't going to talk about the pre the pre game, but we did.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Yes, that's what we do going down to South Park. Yeah, the thirteenth episode of the ninth season, the second last episode of the season. Here, So I'm watching this and I now sometimes get south Back episodes, and I like these ones because they feel like filler, they feel like they're just sort of passing time and meeting a quota. Yes, but I at times enjoy these ones because it's we can switch your brain off and it's not touching on themes and issues and racial this and racial that. Is just a bunch of shit happening right correct. Sometimes it ways, sometimes it doesn't. As a child who grew up a massive Free Willy fan, I enjoyed this. I got to the end of it, and I kind of thought kind of pointless, but I enjoyed the ride to get there.
Speaker 3: Okay, well that's where you and I different, because well we were similar in some respects. I did find this kind of pointless and I didn't really enjoy the ride to get there. I gotta say, now, my attachment to free Willy is not as profound as yours. I know you're a free Willy guy. We have mentioned it on various.
Speaker 2: Podcasts over the years, talk about it is the thing. I have not watched it, and I reckon, you know, you had those movies from your childhood that you they it's almost like they represent your childhood. Sure, yeah, but you haven't watched him in twenty years. And as like the parody of free WILLI and I went, I'm going to go to the free willly Wikipedia page. I want a Wikipedia page. I was like, oh, yeah, it's a good movie. It meant a lot to me. I remember I realized the music. I was like, free Willy Score. I was like, oh that Michael Jackson song. Oh ship goosebumps, feelings, feelings.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm looking at you right now. It looks like you're welling up.
Speaker 2: You know, you get those There's there's themes and scores and you haven't heard of something human. Oh I'm six again in front of the television at home. Yeah, well that's what music does, dude. Yeah, so it's I'm literally getting gooseb I was thinking about the.
Speaker 3: Free really thing. You know, I'm picking up residual goosebumps just from sitting across from me. You're clearly feeling it so strong.
Speaker 2: It reminds me too of I think it's the never Ending story when he's on Falco and he's chasing the bullies into the dumpster bin at the end of the end of the first one. Oh, basically, it's so weird because the first of all, they made the never ending story too. Yes, and I can't recall I Love call me crazy. It's so funny. I'm bringing this up. I saw an old maide of mine. He's one of the instructors at Alliott in Holy swimming lessons, right, and he's like, showed my kids never any story to the other day, and I was like, she said number two, and he goes, yeah, I was like, number two better than number one. I'm like me too. I thought I was the only kid that was weird enough to like number two more than number one. He's like, no, no, no, number one is too too sad. Number two is way better. Well, I was probably listening to the punters, going, yes, look, so killing any horses, Yeah, exactly, let's not scarring children's side. Well, yeah, you're a big, free willy guy. Clearly free will he too? The Adventure Home? Any any thoughts on so I have no thoughts on going back to movies with my childhood where animals are saying in the end or whatever, homeward bound it's called, and called an incredible journey homeward band love Bud Dog, Right, two dogs and a cat, two dogs and they go missing and have to find their way back.
Speaker 3: J Fox is one of the voices.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he is the spot dog of the spots. He's like the ram punctious oh wild, He's got attitude. Yeah, he's got the attitude. Yeah. Yeah, he's more like a Doofust kind of thing. Okay, And who was the voice of Who's Oh, hang on, it's the voice of the main dog. Shadow is his name? I think Homeward Bound? Robert Redford is there.
Speaker 3: Bound?
Speaker 2: I doubt this, but let's try Donald MEECHI, oh yeah, okay, I thought it was Rob for some reason. Now, Machael J. Fox sadly Field was sassy the cat wow? Yeah, but yeah, so it was actually the cat sassy. Yeah, and she was sad. She had the sass, she had the attitude. But the thing is, I there's a number two for hundred Bound called like Lost in San Francisco or something kind of thing. It's like the same story. It's Lost in New York. Yes, I'm worried on New York. Now we're doing San Francisco. And I have no memories of really I remember watching it, but I have no memories of it.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: So it's like all these great movies that I loved as a child, had these sequels that I remember watching were going. It just doesn't capture the magic like Betheoven two or you know, Homeed Bound two. Free really too. I remember watching it the.
Speaker 3: Whole air Bud franchise.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no memories of it, but never ending story to fucking banger. Okay.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to think if there were any sort of sequels that really did it for me as opposed to it's supposed the original.
Speaker 2: So I'm a T two guy, but your you got the T one Yeah, I didn't. T one was out before I was born. Teacher was new when I was a kidsel. Oh my god, I was talking about it. You know what Empire?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 2: You like obviously Star Wars. Yeah it's a great sequel, but like those there are two different films, yeah, Empire.
Speaker 3: But not even you know, in the big sort of franchise like Star Wars, a Terminator or something like that.
Speaker 2: Any sequel, yeah, maybe.
Speaker 3: Actually like T three. I like Terminated three quite a lot.
Speaker 2: I remember getting it on a bootleg BALI like DVD and going I have no need to watch this again, but I have not revisited since then. I remember just I think it was because I was so hyped for it. I was like two thousand and three. Yeah remember that anyway, Rise of the Machines, right, yes, are we getting like so pumped. I'm watching it, going, eh, I mean, you're good to look at. But it was a really buying the story. Okay, yeah, but I could be wrong. I have not revisited it in twenty five years, just as.
Speaker 3: I have not. I think I saw Free Willy once.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but see you want a Child at the time.
Speaker 3: But I that music. I think I was just too busy giggling at the name.
Speaker 2: But my thing was though, it's the music, right, So the music when Free Willy is being rescued at the end, the music when Falco is helping the boy from everything. Remember his names, Spashian, Sebastian, just Bastian, just Bastian. Okay, get Revenge on the bullies. It's the uplifting music that I think stays with me. And I hear that music, I'm like, it's like one of your kid You're like, I'm going to get them get revenge that.
Speaker 3: It's great when you go get fantastic sound tracks like that. I think I was talking to you the other day about music from How to Train Your Dragon. Yes, I still ever watched it.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Was like, well, hey, it's your cousin Marvin Berry. Listen to this. But I think I was playing a bit and go, this is really good. I was talking about this with someone the other day when I was in a record store and we were talking about soundtracks. I think it was a a lot of the Rings soundtrack, and you know it's got the motifs all the way through it. But in the third one in Return of the King, which you haven't them, you watch all of them? Yeah, you know they're lighting the beacon's gone to a course for eight and they're doing like the really sort of the strings really kicking, and oh it's fantastic. I said, if I listened to this while I was out running, I get the feeling like I could run through a brick wall.
Speaker 2: So who does the score for all of the Rings? It's a gentleman named Howard Shaw, that's it. Sure, Yes, yeah, many great scores.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he used to work on SNL like back in the early days.
Speaker 2: I think I got a record recently of Howard Shaw. What's some other movies he's done. Howard Shaw.
Speaker 3: Did the seventh soundtrack that I gave you for Christmas.
Speaker 2: That's the one that I gave you a Christmas you did in d I knew it was something I got recently. Oh he did that thing you do guy? Yeah, I still never watched it. I listened to the song though, because you guys talked about on the Tom Hanks on the movie Guide. I was like, this sounds like a beatle.
Speaker 3: I all right. I was right. I mean, both Leonard and I were right. I was just more right than Leonard.
Speaker 2: He did Signs of the Lambs, he did the Fly. Yeah, he did a lot of stuff for David Crohanbok Departed, Departed, that's a big one anyway, lots of good movies indeed. But yeah, beck to Freeman, I think the connection with free really just made me sort of appreciate this. But I'm watching this going So I listened to the commentary, the short commentaries, and Parker and Stone said, this is one where they saw the picture of a whale or that division of a whale dead on the moon. How do we get there? So the reverse engineered the episode from this final image. Yeah, And honestly, the ending kind of worked for me. I didn't see it coming. I was like, this is bleak, but it's very South Park and you expect I expected, honestly, to see the whales living on the moon, Like, oh, he was right all but no step on.
Speaker 3: The MIDI Sometimes Parker and Stone like yeah, we'll do a bit of a rug pull and yeah you didn't see this guy. Then other times like guess what, guys, fuck.
Speaker 2: You you sent a whale to the moon. What do you think was gonna happen?
Speaker 3: This whole episode feels like kind of a fuck you in a lot of ways. I mean, I think they I'm not sure if they alluded this on the on the commentary that you listen.
Speaker 2: To, but as you said, they had the idea. But also this feels kind of put together fairly, sort of slapped.
Speaker 3: Ash and haphazardly. Not that they're usually doing that kind of thing, but you can tell when sometimes when it's like we don't have a whole lot of an idea here, Yeah we got we got a few bits and pieces that we can sort of put together and it'll resemble an episode, stretch it out, will stretch it absolutely. Yeah. Yeah. So I don't know, maybe it is that final limit that kind of you know, we talk about sticking the landing a fair bit. You know, if you close out an episode pretty well, it's like, oh, well you did okay, and ending on such a kind of a flipping you the bird kind of a kind of note, just rub me the wrong way a little bit?
Speaker 2: Is this ending flipping the bird? Though? Okay, Parker would say, what did you expect?
Speaker 3: That's well, yeah, maybe you can flip the bird in various ways. It's yeah, how describe, but it just feels like a kind of rubbing your face in it. It just felt like, well, I suppose it is a downer to mean, it's like a downer.
Speaker 2: It was about it. Yeah, I was just going and sometimes you're in the mood for that.
Speaker 3: Sometimes it's kind of like, yeah, you know what things do suck? Or well, as I said, I mean, that's actually one of my favorite bits. And I don't want to sort of step on it too much, but I've written down here Trey and Matt recognize them. The children are in fact easily led dumbasses, because I mean, I think they do that a feel bit. They also will talk about how, oh lead us to a child, to leave it to a child that show us the way, and they've done that in various episodes, and everyone's kind of like, yes, look at these children, you know, they recognize the innocence and wisdom of all God's creatures. Wait a minute, they're sending it.
Speaker 2: They're sending this way to the moon, which is the stupidest thing. Damn Mexicans.
Speaker 3: No good on the Mexicans. But being competitive, but the space program.
Speaker 2: Right, ye're also sort of taking Mickey out the space program as well as well the space race.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well apparently the I think the Russians were sort of offering, hey, we'll take you into space for a nominal fee. Okay, apparently, Like was it Lance Bass from in Sync? I think he was someone who I was going to ask about that. It was really I think so. But I mean, if space travel became quote unquote.
Speaker 2: Affordable and wasn't extremely hazard yeah, y.
Speaker 3: And extremely hazardous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fly to moon, Lance Bass?
Speaker 3: Was it? I think? Just into space?
Speaker 2: Space fly, Let's go space, Lance Space. Lance Bass once tried to go to space his new podcas podcast what his new podcast The Last Soviet heads Back with a frame Cause heads back with a famed cosmonaut. Yeah, and I'm just trying to go So Lance Bass was kicked off a Russian space flight two decades ago. Now he's back. Oh, so he was going to do it and he said no, they would put a gun to my head and be like, where's the money. That was the quote for the outcot at the heart of his fame as a member of the internationally famous boy bands End Sick Lance. Bass came within two weeks of going to space. In two thousand and two. Bass had completed four months of riga fish training in Russia's Star City during the spring and summer of that year, learning Russian and passing several challenging pre launch tests. The plan was to fly up to the International Space Station on a Russian Sawyer's spacecraft alongside two cosmonauts and spend about ten days in orbit. This was not a well trodden path, especially for a twenty three year old musician who would have been by far the youngest person to ever fly into space. By mid twenty two thousand and two, only two wealthy businessmen, Dennis Tito and Mark Shuttleworth had ever taken the privately paid trips to space. Since Bass could not independently finance the trip, he worked with the Hollywood. He worked with Hollywood filmmakers. As Bas trained, a production team in Hollywood attempted to line up about twenty million dollars in promotional financing to pay for the trip. Ultimately, this would be the adventures undoing. Where's the money is the next bit? Where's the money? My wife is very we would appreciate the money. There is the money, the money. There were a lot of problems with Russia is a whata hey said, and Hollywood. There are a lot of problems with Russia and Hollywood and trying to make this happen. He said during a recent interview, in a couple of weekends that I would get kicked off the base in Russia, put a gun to my head and be like, where's the money? Where is the money. Bass did not know the international superstars. He just wanted to go to space, and he was doing everything in his power to get to his goal by studying hard and putting his body through medical tests. When one medical exam showed when one medical exam showed in a regular heartbeat, he even underwent surgery to fix it. After final negotiations over funding broke down in September, Bass was told he would not be going into space. The call came just days before he was due to fly to the launch site in kazakhsam for final preparations. It was crushing, especially spending that many hours doing something you're so passionate about, and I really didn't know what was happening because I was training so hard. I didn't know what was happening in the outside world. There was a single phone line that no one ever called me on. There was no internet, so it was just all very disappointing.
Speaker 3: Sounds like, I want to listen to Lance Bass's podcast about trying to go to space. Well, you got his heart fixed, that's good news.
Speaker 2: It's so disappointing because you were so infatuated with space as a child.
Speaker 3: Really, he's really evatuated with space.
Speaker 2: So this guy, yeah twenty three years old, said I ain't got the money. I want to go to space, So can you guys pay for Yeah, let's make.
Speaker 3: A movie about it. You remember me from in sc Yeah. No, we remember justin Timberlake from in Backstreet.
Speaker 2: Boy and No No No. But JT was the like he was the Nick Carter of the Nick.
Speaker 3: Cardall's Backstreet Boys. JT was in SYNCS.
Speaker 2: JT called me and even gave me an offer I couldn't refuse. I wasn't even in college yet. I was just about him becoming he sort of was.
Speaker 3: He was way ahead of his time lands because now everyone's going well not everyone's going to space, but Shatton has gone up to Spry Katy Perry, Katy Perry, and yeah.
Speaker 2: Then I got to the International Space Station. They go up, they go up in Nicoley Space, the sub orb but they.
Speaker 3: Float around for a little bit. They come back and it's like they've seen the face of God or something like. Yeah, Shannoner came back and he was kind of like, Yeah, I just feel this great crushing existential dread now, like we're really alone in the universe. The world is all we've got and we're messing it up. It's like Jesus gros Bill.
Speaker 2: There was that thing where he was trying to like have a DNM with Bezos and is like too busy with Champagne and was like, ah.
Speaker 3: No, it sucks.
Speaker 2: Yah, stop sending people in the space.
Speaker 3: Let's fix this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's what that's what the joke was about. He tried to go to space. That's what that was about.
Speaker 3: I think I prefer the term cosmonaut to the term ASTROI.
Speaker 2: I do as well. Do you think that sounds so much more extreme? Do you cosmonaut? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Do you think how American friends were kind of like, well, we can't call ourselves cosmonauts because the Russians are doing that. We're going to come up with a new name. You know, We're gonna have to come up with an all American capitalist name as opposed to this Russian communist name. Okay, astronaut, cosmonaut. I think it sounds a bit cooler, did it.
Speaker 2: What came first? Astronaut or astrology? Oh?
Speaker 3: Good point. Listen, I'm sure. I'm sure there's cosmology.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I would rather be a cosmonaut. Cosmo just sounds so cool, it does. I'm a cosmonaut. What were you favorite moments from Free Wills?
Speaker 3: Yea, like I said, yes, just the whole save the whales and making this big speech. Oh yes, the wisdom of Chiven, etcetera. Well the rockets just wait what that? So they thought that was good? I thought the South Park Kids sketch that was being sort of shown around and it's actually like photorealistic faces of the other kids.
Speaker 2: The reason for that, Parker said, and the commentary was that originally it was going to be stick drawings, and they guessed them from the stick drawings, and he was like, they've already done this joke In many things where the drawings are terrible, they still work out who it is. He goes, our drawings are already bad, so let's how that we draw them really, really realistic, and that the joke is it's the opposite of what we are. We are already bad, so let's do good drawings.
Speaker 3: So yeah, sometimes they do the rug pull. Yeah, when they're first going to the SeaWorld or whatever it is, Sea Park, Sea Park, Denver Sea Park, and you just hear this in it because he's keeping it on the down low. Well, then, Timmy, and as someone who appreciates terrible puns, especially those from news readers who are trying to fill dead air, so thanks me. It just seems this problem is almost unbearable. Dude, really didn't. Let's hope these whales fount That was pretty funny because.
Speaker 2: The whale of the time it's a bit fishy out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was like, oh, now we dropped the ball. What did you enjoy it?
Speaker 2: I enjoyed see the whales, motherfucker. It was just over the time. That's what they're going for. This over the top. When of those films when they're trying to rescue something, and it's just ridiculousness. I mean, you watch eighteen, It's like, how did these government of Fishers and stop this alien? There's three kids on bikes. It's like children on bicycles. I get that they're flying. You've got a range of motion, your gunound. I'm pretty sure you can spin tho stories like we had to shoot these kids they were on flying bikes. It's like, yeah, that doesn't sound. Doesn't sound on the up and up, you know, in the in the remaster or the re release in two thousand and two, Steven Spielber did. He went full George Lucas on the right and he removed the guns, put in walking talkies and it's like, what.
Speaker 3: Are we going to do with that?
Speaker 2: What was he scared of walky talkies?
Speaker 3: They're definitely flying over.
Speaker 2: The whole point of et flying is like, oh they have guns. Oh yeah, we get the.
Speaker 3: Dangerous don't worry will save you yea from these walky talkies? Yeah? Yeah. Luckily Big Steve came to his senses and put the guns back in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm glad that Steve was just like you know what, that version came out, but every release that you're gonna get going Forward is the original because I've learned, don't touch things.
Speaker 3: Leave them.
Speaker 2: Talk to your buddy George. They're meant to be the way they were made. That's how they're made. Just leave them as they are.
Speaker 3: Uh So.
Speaker 2: I also enjoyed just the overall story of these two commentators who were just dead ships, just fucking with these kids, and then it coming back into bite and they're like, oh fuck, because I would probably have done the same thing. By the ability to sort of like fuck with kids, I'd probably do it as well. But he's something to say the nine. Yeah, one of the old guys maybe like early twenties do play jobs. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean I must have that. There was good work on Parker and Stone's part. Should we say park is part Brian and Mike with the namies? Yeah, Brian and Mike, Brian and Mike. Okay, cool, I got Mike, I didn't get Bright. Yeah, Brian was the one who didn't die.
Speaker 3: I love how they sort of set these guys up at arseholes from the very start. Yeah, I wish kill you read of manas Oh you guys, you guys just suck, yes, And then when those whole no please talk to me, my name was weird. Yeah, it's like because of a second on. Well this is South Park. I mean a lot of weird. They got they got me twice, and then it's yeah, they're just messing with the poor Kyle. Yeah, so I like that they set them up as arseholes and that was That was pretty.
Speaker 2: Good and I just love the There was one part where he's like, no, it was funny. It was funny.
Speaker 3: It was really funny.
Speaker 2: It was really funny. This wasn't funny.
Speaker 3: That's okay.
Speaker 2: Remember there are no stupid questions, just stupid people trivia time. Hit me with your first question, Well, I only have two? Okay, why are you two these days? What are you doing?
Speaker 3: No, I've got well we're going to do an episode of Talking Sidevell after this, and I've got so many questions. Oh okay, but only two for this one. But I can maybe come up with another one. We'll see how we go. But I'm guessing it's Brian is the redheaded commentator, right? Or is that's Mike? That's Mike? What is Mike's reading a magazine while he's uh, while Brian is playing video games? Do you do you remember the title of that magazine.
Speaker 2: No, I don't. Actually it was Mother Trucker, Mother Trucker. Okay, my next question for you. My first question for you is who's pool did they use?
Speaker 3: Oh? Was it Client?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Clyde.
Speaker 3: Yeah. When Kyle is holding his meeting in the basement, he is standing in front of a box. It has something written on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it does. I was going to write it.
Speaker 3: I didn't.
Speaker 2: It starts a Z. Right, No it doesn't, it doesn't.
Speaker 3: What is it? It's Kyle's old toys?
Speaker 2: Oh, there was something else that.
Speaker 3: There was something down there, and I was almost like going to I thought, what could be the trivia?
Speaker 2: He the wrong one. My next question for you is what kind of film were they going to see? Carl's parents, We're going to go see the kind of film you want to come?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Thanks, right? This pizza in the fridge? Oh I missed that Harry Conic film junior film.
Speaker 3: Wow. Okay.
Speaker 2: Then when he was he was right in the midst of Will and Grace fame at this point probably Yeah. When was this two thousand and five? So Will and Grace was finished? I finished two thousand and six, So yeah.
Speaker 3: I forgot about the whole Will and Grace thing. That he was in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was. It was a boyfriend's name. He married it, didn't he. I think in the end, I loved Will and Grace, but I just I've never watched it since. I really liked it when it was on. It attracted some big names, it did, Yeah, became it almost became a which gay icon can we get on this week?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: It was good stuff Willing Grace. Yeah, but it is. It's funny, isn't it. So, Like, Hey, that was a good show. Do you ever want to go back and revisit.
Speaker 2: It was on a couple of a couple of months ago. Now it was just sort of on Fox Town. I was just sort of on in the background. I was like, this show is funny. But I see the thing is, younger audiences now wouldn't watch it. They'd probably watch and go why are they what's all the gay paddic jokes and what's all the why? Why? Why is being gay? The punchlines like because that's how we thought, and you know why it's not now because the show's like this exists exactly right, Yeah, this show shows like this normalized it. Yeah. Anyway, So that's.
Speaker 3: My I've got I do with one more for okay, then the fat one in the middle of the sketch looks.
Speaker 2: Like who oh, yes, ah, yes, it's a bit mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's only a kid at this time, because.
Speaker 2: I am Sam was like two thousand and one. She's still Yeah, she's like, this is this is Man of fire Man on Fire era. She's rescued by Denzel. Yeah, I've the movies to see that movie.
Speaker 3: Man on Fire. Not a bad show being remade as a Netflix ceremony series.
Speaker 2: Apparently we don't make movies anymore. We stretched about it. It's say something to me, that's feel They feel like they have to stretch a story out. Sometimes it works because you more story to tell. Of course, sometimes you watch a mini series and you get episode six of ten, you're like, this could have been five, this could have been three, it could have been a movie a series.
Speaker 3: And you know why that's the case, Well, because something like Netflix is not about the quality of the production, but the quantity of the time that you're spending on the platform.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true. They're not about buying WBD that's correct.
Speaker 3: Yes, oh look at you hot with the show Bus news. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Paramount Guy Dance recently brought to Warner Brothers. They did buy it, I think, so well they're going they haven't. It looks like Netflix is Netflix and everyone's angry about it. And I was like, oh, I mean this kind of ties in the South Park because they own South Parker they correct, did they own south Park or they own share of South Bay license South License South Park and they screen it. Yeah, Everyone's like, oh, this is the end of cinema. I was like, I thought I thought Netflix blind it was the end of the movies. But now param they're like, oh no, no, this is worse. I was like, oh, well, then two studios the lesser of two evils Netflix, I think the consolidation of two actual sort of quote unquote movie studios as opposed to Netflix, which is a streaming play like Disney and Fox. Yeah, I mean you'll notice there are a lot fewer Fox movies now, So I mean it's just like, are there any Yeah, it's not gonna be Hey, Paramount was making ten movies a year and Warners was making ten.
Speaker 3: Movies year, So now we're getting twenty movies a year. It's now like no, under Warner's paramoun you're probably going to get twelve movies a year in total. That's fewer movies, fewer people working, fewer voices being heard. You'll have to tune into podcast like going Out of South Park.
Speaker 2: The problem is the majority of people complaining don't go to the movies, Well there is that. I'm trying to find one more question because apparently I only had two as well after all that year, and you've given me great because because one of my questions was how much money was he going to charge me? We're expect about twenty million. So I'll trying to find one more What was the Wales real name?
Speaker 3: Was it? Did? What was it?
Speaker 2: Jamboo old jamp?
Speaker 3: I thought there was some bit that I missed with.
Speaker 2: Not like he's neptuney name or whatever something like that, But no, that's the name that they gave him.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, Joe might say he's enslaved.
Speaker 2: He's enslaved name. That is real name, of course. All right, so let's get into our review, shall we of Free Wools?
Speaker 3: Yet?
Speaker 2: Before we do that, though, it's trying to read it the names of some incredible, incredible, delicious people known as the Cheesypoofs.
Speaker 3: That's correct. I love Cheesypoofs.
Speaker 2: You love cheesypoofs, Weed didn'ty cheesypoofs. Sweety name Tacy savor is Katy G with her one hundred dollars sport. Thank you so much, Katie G. Thanks for hate, Katy G Indeed, Glenn Gomez, Justin Parker, Zap Pruitt, Shaneymacker, Elliott, j O'Neill, Isabella Murphy, Rach Beasley, Stephen Roberts, Sewn d V, Pete Anderson, Timothy Burls and Andrew Davis, Kevin Dental Plan, flood Balla winder Bank, Jack McFadden, Heath Apple, be Adria McLeod, March, Relevan Ginger and Pickle, Preston Murray, to Lea, Enriquez, Declan Phoenix, Brian McCoy, Logan b James Shepherd, Joe Reading, Sac, Dave Pretzel's mcneally, Gavin Lane, Damie Miller, Charlie Joe, Abigail b Sharp, Carter and Craig Alt smash Gloss. I think for being top tier cheese poop supporters here at the Fourth Finger Discount Network. Remember, if you have become a supporter of ours on Patreon but not on the top tier, you get your name right out on the fourth Finger discount Mailbake episode coming up towards the end of the month. But let's get into a review, shall we. Oh, free Willseyac which originally aired on No that's a free WILLI Wiki page this episode November thirty of two thousand and five. The top three films at the US box office when this episode originally aired were coming in at number three Yours, Mine and Ours, Oh yeah, number two, Walk the Line, and number one Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire, which I'm assuming he's going to be at number one for a while.
Speaker 3: I guess.
Speaker 2: So Goblet of Fire is that the don't ask me, mate, I wouldn't know. I'm gonnay, I'm gonna say its number six. I think it might be number four. I think that's the one with Patternson in it. Okay, I no idea. It was even Harry Potter franchise, and you know it was only one okay? Was it before Twilight? Then?
Speaker 3: Yeah? It was?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Okay, So that was that, Like he's stepping stone to a little bit.
Speaker 3: I'd be one of those guys, I mean, because yeah, I'm pretty sure a lot of people would have this way. But I remember seeing him in Goblet of Fire or whichever one it was, and go the kid's not bad, pretty good actor, got some screen presence. I'll keep an eye out. Next thing, you know, it was Robert Pattinson. He's Batman, He's love Batman.
Speaker 2: Imagine being one of those three original Harry Potter kids. The money, the residuals you must get from those films must be out of this world.
Speaker 3: Oh yea god.
Speaker 2: And I wonder if, like Daniel ray Cliffs, management knew at the time. Obviously it's a huge deal you're going to be playing Harry fucking Potter. But one if they realized exactly what they were getting themselves into.
Speaker 3: I don't think they did. No, Well, this was like what two thousand or such, two thousand and one was on. The first movie was really but they wouldn't announce it around two thousand. So the books are pretty big. But I don't think they.
Speaker 2: Could have put all the books out by that point. No, I don't think so, because one of them came out when I was in high school. Yeah, it was a leads certain things.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Plus, you know, it was just a different era in terms of like the way we communicated social media. Certainly wasn't. I think the Internet was really just starting to gather speed.
Speaker 2: I M Sam Messenger baby correct.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So, I mean I don't think they could have anticipated It's like, oh, everyone's going to be talking about it in all kinds of ways from all over the world in this kind of way, and we're not going to necessarily be shielded from it. I'm pretty sure they still would have done it.
Speaker 2: I want to google Radcliffe's residuals from Harry.
Speaker 3: Potter Radliff Radcliffe networth or something like that.
Speaker 2: I don't see what the annual residuals are.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say ten million dollars. No, not that much.
Speaker 2: So he asked a fortune of over ninety five point six million dollars from the Harry Potter film series, with earning saturday to twenty five million dollars per film by the final installments. Well through his company Gilmour Jacobs, his assets grow by approximately one million dollars per month.
Speaker 3: Okay, so twelve million dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and ongoing royalties from the franchise. That's not even the royalties.
Speaker 3: Nice work if you can get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's they say you have money, you can make money if you have money.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, absolutely that shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, if you win tas lot it, don't spend it.
Speaker 3: No, there's that shit. And live off the yeah, live.
Speaker 2: Off the interest yet all right, So that is the top three films at the US box office.
Speaker 3: Free will Zak and we hope you appreciation the financial tips from your pals down on, guy.
Speaker 2: Well, this is the thing. I take the mindset of Well Parker and Stone Treade. This episode like filler. So this episode, this episode of the podcast just gonna be a bunch of stuff happening.
Speaker 3: Well true, but this is very tasty.
Speaker 2: I've learn that Lance Bass nearly got killed by the Russians for not coming up with the money worth the money. We didn't learned how much that Danny Redcliffe earns. I learned that Robin Patterson was in a Harry Potter franchise. How much Rupert Grint makes Rit Grint. He I feel like he'd be below in hermione, right, I think? So, yeah, let's have a look.
Speaker 3: Still. I get the feeling he's doing all right for himself.
Speaker 2: One facial expression, his entire career. What's his what's his first name again? Rupert? Rupert Rupert? His net worth is fifty million dollars, so half of what radical is. But fifty million dollars still not bad. I thought it would be more. I really thought those Harry Potter movies. I thought those kids would have made more money. Think of the amount of money the Harry Potter film franchise made. You could and you can't do the film without it. I mean you can replace him, I guess, but it would not feel the same. It's so important to franchise like that. It's the same cast.
Speaker 3: Did they did very well with replacing the late Richard Harris Michael Gamman.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just think those kids though, it's yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: That's the thing. You look at the new ones because they've got you know, the TV series that they're making, that's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And you look at the kid playing Harry Potter here I feel terrible, sort of not semi sledging a little kid, but look at him going, yeah, you.
Speaker 3: Haven't got that. Radcliffe magic also too.
Speaker 2: Didn't we learn in the Lord of the Rings series that no one watches Well, that's true. Everyone I heard I remember said that as the biggest budget of all time, and I've never heard anyone talk about it.
Speaker 3: Oh, the Rings of Power or whatever it is, the Lord of the Rings TV show. Yeah, that's what I mean.
Speaker 2: I've heard nothing about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, same. I think I watched maybe two episodes of it and like, yeah, I can easily live my life without this. Yeah. But as you're saying, you've got to spend money to make money, I've done the first part. I'm still waiting for the second part to kick.
Speaker 2: Radcliffe still working with Grinces, mate, I don't need to do anything.
Speaker 3: It still works occasionally. I think he was in something. He was in an mm night Shamelain movie not long ago with with Batista, with Tista, He's done pretty well from himself. He's okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, someone's saying he's arguably doing better for himself than the Rock. When it comes to credibility.
Speaker 3: I would you would say so. I think, yeah, he views himself as a legitimate actor and he's given legitimately good performances and stuff. He said that he's in some Amazon action movie with Jason Momoa. I saw this and I was kind of like, I don't think you're a real movie. I think it might be a trailer.
Speaker 2: It's like some AI trailer on YouTube.
Speaker 3: Feels that way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but This episode kicks off with the boys at the sea Park, the Denver Sea Park now watching the antics of the kaway known as.
Speaker 3: Jamboo Carman just wants to get splashed.
Speaker 2: Were in the shark hat.
Speaker 3: He's really into this.
Speaker 2: But when's the last time you were to it?
Speaker 3: Did you go?
Speaker 2: You went to theme parks as a kid, didn't you? Well, once or twice. When we go to theme parks, you just get invested. All right, kids, what what hatch you wearing? What are you gonna be having? I've got the sipper cups? See those down there?
Speaker 3: The cups.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I'm in Universal Studios. I'm in Simpson's world. I need a Simpson supper cup. Of course I need both of them, of course. And then I really wanted to buy a bought license plate. Yes, get to the gift store and there was none. I was like, I appreciate this. I really wanted one. And they're like, yeah, we never made them. It's just that we're always out. That's the joke. We're out. I bought license plates. They committed to the bit yea. So they're having a great time. They're getting splash or Cartman's love and getting splashed. I think all the boys are loving getting splashed right where Yeah.
Speaker 3: Although no, yeah, they're all appreciated, but yeah, Krtla's the one who really wants to get splashed. What trick are we gonna see?
Speaker 2: Get those cameras ready.
Speaker 3: That's Kelly writing on Jamboo's nose. I wish Kelly would write on my nose.
Speaker 2: We hope you enjoyed Jamboo's ORCHESD show and enjoy the rest.
Speaker 3: Of your day at Denver Cea Park.
Speaker 2: You bunch of retods. I thought there was They was sitting themselves up for a joke because they kept saying stuff off Mike. Yes, I thought it was gonna eventually say something on Mike. But no, they never really got the come up once, did they. I mean, obviously Mike got killed. Okay, Mike got Mike got killed, right, but they never got held at Canniball. They never got caught, no, you know what I mean. But one month later they got the ultimate come up, and yes, well Brian didn't. Brian's clear, clear and free. Your best friend get killed?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, imagine he's probably pretty traumatized by that.
Speaker 2: But at the end of it though, he's laughing as Will's the X going up from space. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah. But Kyle suggests the should stick around and watch the whale and just seehim swimming around, and they're like, no, no, no, no, there's more things to do, like the sting rays, the sting rays, stingrays. Yea, yeah, yeah, sting rays. So they go to leave and because I'm not going to get splashed by the whale anymore, because it's and it's almost like a talk on. We only care about these animals when they're doing the show. Correct, Yeah, we're not interested anymore. He's not doing his tricks. We're going to do something else. Carling call Jamboo to the to the front of the glass and he starts talking to him, as you were saying, I'm watching this going okay, this is South Park. I'm the way I was just talking to him.
Speaker 3: I'm okay, we've had mister Hanky, We've had LEMMI winks. Yeah. Is it completely outside the realms of possibility?
Speaker 2: No? And then he asked him for a rocket ship. I want a rocket ship. Well, let's talk about rocket ships. And then a coups of the commentators and I was like, oh, your motherfuckers, and he wants he says he wants to go into space, he said, goes to toll the boys about the fact that that he spoke to him, and a count of the commentats it's funny every single time now the sting ray tank and Cartman's just being that ship head kid that you see every zoo, just banging on the glass, hitting.
Speaker 3: And be stupid monkey.
Speaker 2: He shouldn't get so annoyed, but I always do. I look at the parents, I'm like, why aren't you stopping your child from being a prick. Why are you just allowing this to you know why? Because there pricks is My parents are pricks.
Speaker 3: You know it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Cartman, And as I said, yeah, he's hitting the sting rays, Carlin says, he rocks up and says, Jamboo, you can talk. He can talk. They don't believe him, so they.
Speaker 3: Thought they were going to do the whole mister Hanky thing again.
Speaker 2: It was like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: So they return and this time he doesn't talk at first, and the commentator are too busy playing games and reading magazines, and then Cartman says, just let it go, man, and then they see it and he starts talking. Oh my gosh, I'm very sick. I'm not used to the Earth's atmosphere. My name is Wilzyak from the Moon where all the orcers are from, and I'm going to die. All the workers are evil and they want to to kill him. That's why they keeping him captive here. Now do they say the bus is coming or the boss is coming the commentators? I thought it was the boss because it also works as a funny gag. Oh my god, quick the bus is to get out of here, because they would catch the bus because they're losers. Good not saying that you're loser to catch the bus. But it's like these guys don't even have a car to catch the bus, or they make job Yeah, yes, yeah, it's not works both ways. But then he's like cops is they can't talking him more?
Speaker 3: Too sick?
Speaker 2: So they call them meeting all the kids although it's Kyle's basement right yep, And they say they need to pay for will Zyak to get to the Moons, who can be with his family again. And I like, here, that's crazy. I heard it too, because these dickhead commentators are fuck with every kid in South Park?
Speaker 3: What are those days?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: If I tell anyone my dad's going to come into my room, naked and beat me.
Speaker 2: Bright and Mike the worst, Yeah, just terrible. Stand says that, Well, we need to we near the pool from Clyde's house is part of the plane pool and Clyde's house. We need Timmy's wheelchair. I don't know one in Timm's wheelchair. We're gonna put him on the wheelchair. We never see him using it and the Russian government and all of our skateboards. So yeah, what was the wheelchair for? Can Oh? I'll probably like it because I would likely won the wheel on like yeah, put them and then it kind of acts like a touch it Timmy pulls me along. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Four figure discount. March Madness has begun. That's right.
Speaker 2: For the month of March, all new Patriarch memberships are now fifty percent off. That means you have access to more than six exclusive shows and over one hundred and fifty hours of bonus podcast for just two dollars fifty. You heard right, two dollars fifty. So don't miss out on this incredible sale because it will not be around for long. So if you enjoy everything we do here at four figure discount, we'd love for you to show your support today by joining the Family on Patreon at patreon dot com. Slash four fingure discount link is in the description of this show. So then at the sea park at night and they're sneaking past the guard or get their black face on and they bust out the way on and.
Speaker 3: The black masks on, a black face.
Speaker 2: Black face all painted.
Speaker 3: Oh yes.
Speaker 2: The next day, the commentators arrive and they see that all we're talking for us, you said episode of Trading Spouses last night was insane. I just wanted me of you said at maths last night. Then they noticed that Jamie was gone, Holy shit, and there's the guard he he was in the bathroom. Happen was in the bathroom, were in there for three hours, slip alone. So then Yates arrives to save the day as well, and how about and they find the note and it says he's taken. We've taken Willlzac back to the moon. Long Live the sipods. The commentators and panic because they think they're gonna get blamed for it, as they should. It's their fault.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, exactly, yeah, shouldn't the fuck around.
Speaker 2: We have to tell them we know what those boys look like.
Speaker 3: We can't tell them.
Speaker 2: Then they're gonna think this.
Speaker 3: Is all our fault.
Speaker 2: It is all our fault. How are we supposed to know they're gonna actually do it.
Speaker 3: I shouldn't have laughed all those times you mess with those kids heads.
Speaker 2: I shouldn't have just sat there and laughed. Don't you say that.
Speaker 3: It was funny, It was really funny.
Speaker 2: We've just we've just got to make this right ourselves. How we've got to track down those kids before the police we come back in. The Russian government now panicking they think the economy is can collapse. This is Putin right, Yeah, pretty much. How long has he been in charge? The eighties? Maybe the nineties, Okay, it was in the eighties. We had Gorge Gorge yeah, Simpsons yeah, okay, yeah, okay, I'm too sure. But anyway, Nelson was in there at some stone.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Boris yeah, Boris yeah, Boris, Yeah, this is meant to be putin. It kind of looked like him, like a young little bit. Yeah. They never flat. It's the leader of Russia. I think he calls himself. I think even Parker and someone clever enough to go, we've better not make fun of this Putin guy. You can probably reach your anyway, they were trying up falling of a building. They were trying to basically blame the fact that Lance that's the reason that Russian din't collapse. I guess, yeah, because another rich American wants to fight a space So they all celebrate, and Kyle tries to book a trip to the moon and it's going to cost twenty million dollars and they're just like, what I can possibly cost this much? And he thinks it's a prank call, so you think it's George Bush prakt him again. And they need a new plan. And we got the news report here and they're tracking down a whale of a problem. We've got the Animal Liberation This is what they arrive, the Animal Liberation Front. They applaud them for saving the whale and getting him out of there. Is that the story of Free Wally? I can't remember. It is the story of free Wily. The boy finds him in a theme park and wants to free him.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I've forgot that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I kind of don't want to know. I want to just rewatch it again because honestly, the only part I remember is the whale escaping at the end, jumping out with the boy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh no, our boy is dead.
Speaker 3: What a mess? Mush.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so the Animal Liberation Front are there to applaud them set the whales free. And then the guy says, it's certainly something fishy around here and the situation is unbearable. So there, the news guy sucked it up.
Speaker 3: Please, is like, Yeah, organizations like the Animal Liberation Front, I really do applaud them. But often you'll find people who are sort of the spokesperson for that kind of outfit. They're generally a little bit insufferable. Yeah, which is a shame.
Speaker 2: I want to Speaking of news reporters fucking up, I want to throw a shout out to Danika Mason.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah for the Winter Olympics. Yeah, it was a camera shit faced.
Speaker 2: She got ship faced. She's had one drink much. She probably had, like, get more than one.
Speaker 3: I think she had more than one. She was also at a different altitude and they probably messed with their head a little bit.
Speaker 2: But yeah, she was She started fine and then just something happened just hit her. Yeah, but yeah, she's just still in news report. I'm sure you've seen it. If you're listening, just google drunk Australia News report, and she just yeah, it was you know, you gotta hold her a cannibal.
Speaker 3: But it's like it's Winter Olympics.
Speaker 2: Breaking the law. Yeah, she did something wrong. I guess it was unprofessional, but it's like give cut some slack.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not like she used any slurs or anything like that or you No, she was just like having a good time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's true though, but the altitude or just just hitting fresh air. I remember Nicola and I went out six months ago and well we were drunk. We weren't drunk drunk and we left the club. I remember we walked to the cabin store. By the time I got to the cabab store, I was fucked mate. Oh it was just the fresh air hit me and it was just like I'm done now. Yeah, why is that?
Speaker 3: I'm not a scientist.
Speaker 2: What was what's your catchphrase? Was my understanding the science? Anyway? So basically here the news report saying that the whale has been stolen and the Animal Animal Liberation Front are very happy about it that has been stolen. Then Brian and Mike they have a copposite sketch here of the boys, the four Boys, and they go daughter door to try and find it. Before they get to a door, they see the fence it's broken down as a poll in the backyard. One, this might be it, And they find whale Pooh in the pool and Clive's mum comes out and goes, what are you guys doing? And I haven't seen any whales and Andy have you? And she's like, no, we were out of town, but we came back and our fence was broken. And they show her the drawing and I've already discussed I like the fact that it was real life. It's almost looked anime, but not as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it seemed like a very kind of I don't know if you've ever seen this. There's not the character of me, but a sketch of me that was done when we went to Disney Name when I was very would have been about like maybe six or so. And it's very kind of like, oh, look at this little like it's a little side profile shot. It'sespectually really nice. Where is it. It's at my mum's place.
Speaker 2: Oh, you take a photo and put it in the Patreon group.
Speaker 3: I will. Yeah, But it's got that very sort of soft focus seventies style you see it on a lot of like it looks like something you'd see on the paperback of you know, the book Flowers in the Atticain. I heard of that. Yeah, it kind of looks like it. Yeah, like that.
Speaker 2: Okay, look just adorable.
Speaker 3: Look at the little jeruff.
Speaker 2: You need to definitely put that in the Patreon group. I will, I will take a picture of it and put it up there. So she shows they show her the photos or the sketch, and they're like the fat one in the middle, and you think she's gonna say can't and no, it's kind of looked like the coat of Fanning, and so she's no help at all. Brian then promises that it will be funny.
Speaker 3: Don't give up.
Speaker 2: We will find these kids. It will be funny. Then Kyle's parents are going to the new Harry Konic film and they leave the kids behind us. Some pizza in the fridge. Pizza in the fridge. I'd love reheated pizza. Reheated pizza. Yeah, I just have it cold.
Speaker 3: If I've had like a if I'd ordered a pizza that before and didn't eat all of it, rare occurrence.
Speaker 2: I like it, both of it. Also tastes good cold KFC. KFC cold, no day would always have you always order too much KFC like the tenders right or the chicken guy put it in the fridge. The next day you'd eat it, don't even heat it up. It tastes better cold. Oh my god, these tenders were delicious. The problem is I've ned KFS and've been trying to eat better, get fit. But I've just noticed before we started doing that, the KFC tenders they have like ten tenders for ten dollars. Fucking oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I swear you get more meat and nugger than do and tender these days. They used to be with the crispy strips, no big enough crunchy, and they're good tenders. Now I'm talking about this big POxy little thing.
Speaker 3: What is this?
Speaker 2: We need to make things in this case, to make things in this country. We didn't turn me into you.
Speaker 3: But this is a good thing. Mission accomplished.
Speaker 2: But jamboo is now in the bedroom because like, well, we have to hide and we can't live in the pool. This time they'll find us and they speak to a Sugi Yama. I believe the Japanese space program. I don't want you to eat him. I want to send him to the moon. Jimmy then tries the Chinese embassy, but they want ten million dollars. They told us to go as the prize is getting lower all the Yeah, they're trying to beat them. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Then they realize that will Zyak must be sick because he's not talking anymore, so they go try the Mexico Space program. Mexico's got a space program. They arrive at Massa and the worker here is not much help. He's just a bit of a digit.
Speaker 3: Manuel.
Speaker 2: I think, is this Manuel didn't want drop them off at the end, I think, so the guy drops him on. I think this is the same guy. He says, two hundred million. It's not like the fade out every time I said something. It's great. Then Brian and Mike they arrive at Kyle's house and they show the mom the composite. She's all, that's my I love that she calls Kyle her booby all the time. That's my Bobby, that's my booby. And he's it's kind of a bad drawing though, And she says they're on their way to Mexico because Kyle and the boys are helping donate Grand pianos to needy school children in Ti Iuana. So on the highway now with willse Yak in the back of the truck and Brian and Mike stopped them on the highway and then the guy drivers.
Speaker 3: You kids told me that you.
Speaker 2: Want to go to pizza. Huh, who is it, Clyde or who's We're bursted. It is great, just feels like such a kid's reaction. Yeah, and it's such a tea we're bursting. Kyle then pleads to Williach to talk, come on talk, tell them that you need to get back to the moon. And Brian and Mike are about to come clean, but then the police arrive. They're about to arrest them.
Speaker 3: But Parker and Stone staple that someone's always about to like fine, I'm busted the authority, No, it was them.
Speaker 2: Then the animal liberators interfere. There's a big shoot off and Mike gets fucked up.
Speaker 3: That whale belongs to a sea park.
Speaker 2: It belongs We get family. That's right, I said, drop the gun now, save the whales.
Speaker 3: It's a long guy. Save the whales. Motherfucker.
Speaker 2: I know what it is. The whale, mother fucker. As you'll say, they're almost portraying the libretors as villains as well here, but they're just as bad as each other. Oh yeah, then so they think that they're Gonnay's good idea. Let's taking to international awards because we're gonna get into Mexico. But they're not going to release them to the water. They're going to release them into space space station. O'Brien then holds Mike it wasn't funny. It was just not this time. Other times we're still funny. Then the police call for help. Standers now at the Massa trying to get the rocket ready. Yates and the crew at the Boy not going to let the guys through, and the Liberators just plow through them all dry show through. They arrive at Massive, they back down the ramp. Kyle says he's goodbyes to the whale. I think the Boy must say that free Wally. It's just movies like this, you have to say your family.
Speaker 3: It's always like I'm going to miss you. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well yes, And I thought this whole time I'm watching this right and this I guess this is the genius of this episode. The whole time I'm watching expecting the whale to eventually speak and say something like yeah, well, and you're and you're like, oh, it spoke, but like, no, it's just a fucking whale. I've told you about that the Dolphin movie. Yeah, I watched the Cluffy time me. It's like it Daddy, pa, pa, Yeah, it's like got it had to do Harry on the head. One of the most sort of mortifying memories of my child is just me absolutely is erupting into tears of that and Dad just like what the fuck? Yeah, yeah, you're saying that. Dad did not go what the fuck, but he was. I was thinking that, though I get the video was kind.
Speaker 3: Of like, why is my child so soft?
Speaker 2: But that's like, that's like Harry and Henderson's film Watching the Kid, going oh because Harry doesn't understand thing, but doesn't he's got emotionally it doesn't Harry, it doesn't mean it. The first time I experienced Elliott being sad at a movie was Short Circuit, and I'm glad I fucking put him through the ringer I'm told about on the podcast. Well, I didn't tell h Johnny five was all right. He thought Johnny five got killed. The emotional roller coaster is part of watching movies.
Speaker 3: Of course it is.
Speaker 2: So I was like, I'm glad I didn't tell you because when that Johnny five came out at the end, he was like the smile and the feeling of so happy, that's what movies are, kid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, indeed, I hope you've enjoyed being put through the emotional ringer, you old man.
Speaker 2: And then the first time I ever saw Elliott cry because he was just sort of happy at the end of a movie was I took him to see The Wild Robot and the ending is very nice, very sweet. You know, it all works out well. In the end. They can't be together, but they still see each other from time to time. I turned over to the movies and then Allie was crying. I was like, okay then, and he goes, I'm just happy for the Robot, and I was like, oh shit, Oh, movies work.
Speaker 3: Still.
Speaker 2: Their movie is still work. They still make them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now more than ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But this is so they've arrived at Massive, Kyle saying he's goodbye as they push him into the water. The Liberators give their big speech, but how they've saved the whale. He's going out to assume with his family now, and whilst it's happening was either rocket launching or was going up ready to go, and takes off and poor Wilzak is just on a tarp or whatever it is it's carrying it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and this could be. I don't know if it's related to this. I haven't read any sort of evidence saying it's the case. But I did read actually some story recently before before doing research or before watching Free Whilseiac about some whale that had been at a sea well the goodness knows how long, and there was all this pusher like, no, it's got to be back in the wild ocean with other whales and all this kind of stuff. But the whale was so socialized and so used to human interaction and being sort of raised and treated by humans that had no fucking idea what to do when it was basically like dead in six months.
Speaker 2: Really, it's like a nice.
Speaker 3: One bloody animal liberation front. Well.
Speaker 2: I was looking up Free Willy a wiki page, and apparently the movie the whale they used in the movie his name was Keiko Kaiko Kaiko. Yeah, So apparently that movie was the inspired the rehabilitation and release of the whale. So the whale in the movie actually got released back into.
Speaker 3: The world again. So Free Willy was actually freed.
Speaker 2: Yes, indeed, yeah, so what this is or we wouldn't have be still with us, would we? Oh yeah, two thousand and three passed away.
Speaker 3: Oh so almost Free Willy free Villa is like nineteen He.
Speaker 2: Survived like ten years.
Speaker 3: Okay, how do they usually live? Though?
Speaker 2: In ninety six, Warner Brothers and the International Marine Mammal Project collaborated to return him to the wild after the years have been prepared for reintegration. He was flown to Iceland in ninety eight and in two thousand and two became the first captive orchred to be food release back into the ocean.
Speaker 3: Then dead like a here later. Yeah.
Speaker 2: On twelfth and seven, two thousand three, he died of pnemonia in the bay in Norway, the age of twenty seven. So the releasten to the world and he died a yeah.
Speaker 3: It might have been what yeah, because yeah, the whale that I was reading about died of pneumonia as well.
Speaker 2: Okay, so he was fine until they were listened into the wild. It's one of those weird things, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we should just stay out of it. Human beings. Just stay out of it.
Speaker 2: That's a that's really sad. It is so that he was in the movie. He's probably not living his best life, but you know he was. He can still live in captivity, but like not be doing tricks.
Speaker 3: Hey, it's Willy from the from the motion p How long do they usually live?
Speaker 2: It's like how long Orkers live. They can live up to ninety years. So they they killed this thing.
Speaker 3: Oh so this was like the James Dean of Wales.
Speaker 2: Yeah, live fasted yet I don't make it joke, but twenty seven club, Oh my god, poor free WILLI Caico Kaiko whatever his name was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they spent all these years rebilitating and getting ready to be released.
Speaker 2: Put him into the sea and other like eyes. Yeah, sometimes you just need to stay the fucking out of it.
Speaker 3: Not unlike will Zyack, one might say, because.
Speaker 2: When yes, maybe that's maybe that's the whole point of it is that we freed him and it dies straight away.
Speaker 3: We got there in the end, folks.
Speaker 1: So everyone listened to his podcast, like you realized.
Speaker 2: What this actually the parody of It's not the film, it's the real life situation of the fucking way that died because we tried to save it.
Speaker 3: Kat G's been listening to this episode just yelling at us the whole time.
Speaker 2: So well, this story makes it's a lot funny now because the whole story is a parody of the liberators who tried to fucking free this way. I went through all this trouble to free it and in turn killed the thing.
Speaker 3: Still a bleak ending.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's very bleak ending, but that's what happened in real life. How bleak was that just reading our story? Oh he got listened to the wold. He's with his friends, with his family, back into where he belongs dead humans anyway, So he takes off into space. Everyone's I think Brian last, everyone's celebrating and then me and while drops the boys off at home, Kyle says, we did an amazing thing. And every time we look up at the moon, at least every time, we know that Will Zach will be up there dancing with the other side buds in his castle. Just dead silence, no music over the credits, just.
Speaker 3: Having it over the credits as yet, like even more of a little bit of a gut punch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I actually appreciate this story a lot more now, knowing the As terrible as sad as that story is, you kind of need to poke fun of it. You need to acknowledge. Hey, I know you thought you were doing the right thing, but you didn't. And was there any accountability for all that shit?
Speaker 3: Probably not. See, this's why we make going down to South Park fast. We're learning and today we did. We learned something today. Good for us and good for you guys listening at times, yeah, listening to your podcast.
Speaker 2: So that is our review of Free Will Zi Yact, an episode that after reviewing it, I enjoy a lot.
Speaker 3: More good for us.
Speaker 2: Next week will be the season finale. It is Bloody Mary. You know we had a question coming recently for this one too. This one was very controversial.
Speaker 3: We sure did so. Yes, brace yourself for that episode.
Speaker 2: Probably good to have a bit of sort of a deep breath and relax in between last week's Trap in the Closet and Bloody Mary.
Speaker 3: A little bit of a palate cleanser.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, all right, So look out for that one in your feeds next week. This has been a review of Free Wills You have to forget guys. Please continue to rate and reviews podcasts Spotify, Revy, do find this show. And also if you can support us for as little as just one dollar per month, one single dollar redo per month, if you're listening out there and you're enjoying all these hours of free entertainment, one dollar from all of you. We've got a long way to keep it. The lots on here at South Park Studios slash four fiscat Studios correct, Yes, all right, is Davis? Any final words for those incredible listeners out there.
Speaker 3: It was funny, It was really funny.