Speaker 1: Sword and Scale contains adult themes and violence, and just not intended for all audiences.
Speaker 2: Listener discretion is advised.
Speaker 3: On to know.
Speaker 2: As I heard.
Speaker 4: Shooting upstairs and then my my mother yelling and screaming.
Speaker 1: I want to say. I have to thank you guys. Some of you are so nice, you really are. I had mentioned something briefly about an illness that I suffered over the last couple of years, and so many of you reached out and said, you know, you were praying for me, that you hope that got better, that you were curious about what it was. I don't want to put certain parts of my life out there in the public, just it's just not a good idea. But I do want to thank all of you for the kind words.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: I was really thinking about maybe this being the last season of Sword and Scale ever, because kind of in a transitional period and a lot of the audiences dropped off, probably due to some of the politics of some of the themes we cover here. But I took a couple of weeks to just clear my mind, and I don't think I'm gonna do that. I don't think I can do that. The show is now firmly part of me, and we're just gonna keep making it better. Police move through a developing Utah complex and full tactical gear. The rifles up in place, shields folk boots scraping over dirt and construction dust. Their eyes dart back and forth past fresh block walls, unfinished houses, open lots, and weeds tall enough to perhaps hide someone someone named Mia Bailey. They've been looking for her since the previous evening, through a dry creek bed near river road, under bridges, and around a golf course. They're searching with drones, a helicopter, and a canine dog. Tracking through the dark. Swat teams are poised. Officers have gone house to house, asking neighbors what they saw, whether they know Mia, and whether they have any idea where she might have gone. By morning, the search has shifted into this new subdivision, where officers have to clear backyards, check unsecured houses, and try to keep residents out of the line of fire. From above, the scene is all angles and movement. Patrol cars blocking new streets, Officers posted at corners. Other deputies move alongside yards and unfinished walls, all of them watching the same rough field behind the homes. Mia is armed and she's desperate. Police believe she has already killed two people.
Speaker 6: This is a John jrge Police defendment. Come out of bed jar.
Speaker 7: Maria.
Speaker 8: This is a kind of George story. Ste found that if you come out of it as up.
Speaker 9: I comply if you will now be injured again, come out of the as you are regularly.
Speaker 1: That this is a new neighborhood. In a way, it seems post apocalyptic or dystopian. The sun is glaring, bullhorns blaring, but the landscape is barren and dry.
Speaker 10: My name is Courtney Sanagra. I'm a deputy Washington County Attorney. I'm a prosecutor, and I'm also our office's public information officer, and I was involved in the Mia Bailey case from the night of the incident. Any of the experiences that I share are my own personal experiences, my own personal opinions, and not necessarily reflective of the Washington County Attorney's Office. This is a nice neighborhood in our county, more affluent. In fact, one of our top attorneys lived just across the street from the scene, and so she came out. She was gardening. She's like trimming her rose bushes and all these cop cars are there responding.
Speaker 1: Behind the houses, the land opens into a rough dirt field dotted with dry brush and tumbleweight. In places, the weeds are high enough to hide a person. Officers move car to car, waile the wall, trying to hold a perimeter around it. Some of the homes have residents, and some are still under construction. Every open door, every backyard, every unfinished garage is another place Mia could be hiding. No one wants to be that officer who accidentally walks past her. They clear what they can, They watch their angles, and they call out warnings. They talk over the radio about crossfire. The helicopter overhead is noisy, making it hard to hear each other. Then finally someone gets eyes on her.
Speaker 9: I tell her we have the helicopter and we can see her, and to comply, that's going to be us. She's thirty yards out, yeah.
Speaker 2: On the ground under a burn. Mia. We can see you on the ground, laying down.
Speaker 9: We need you to put your hands up, stand up, nothing in your hands, and apply with officer command.
Speaker 6: Walk towards the headlights.
Speaker 1: She's loaded the ground, hidden under a patch of dried weeds, about fifteen feet from a tall block wall in one hand. She has a handgun. Most of the time, she keeps it pressed to her temple. From an upstairs window, officers watch the scene below them. Mia in the dirt, the gun at her head, rifles pointed in her direction. Negotiators trying to reach her from the other side of the wall.
Speaker 11: Mia, missus Tyler with the Saint George Poene.
Speaker 2: Can you hear me?
Speaker 9: Mark?
Speaker 2: You that's on in the field loose enough, Maybe you think you can try to and hear some conversations.
Speaker 11: I can't hear.
Speaker 2: I'll turn you, rid you off.
Speaker 3: Nea.
Speaker 11: This is Tyler with the same George pd Can you hear me? Okay, Mia, I'm here to talk to you. I'm here to help you through this. I know that you're going through a rough time right now, and that's okay. I'm here to help you out. We want to definitely come to a peaceful resolve. We don't want you to get hurt. We don't want any of us to get hurt.
Speaker 1: Making contact isn't easy. Mia is hidden behind a wall. Officers are spread out around the field, and a drone overhead is drowning out her voice.
Speaker 11: Okay, Meat, we want to help you. We don't want you to do anything to yourself. We don't want you to do anything to us. So we want to come up with a plan on how we can help you. Okay, Miah, I heard that you said, okay, but I couldn't hear the rest. I need you to need you to put the weapon down and put your hands up in the air so we can know that we can talk safely.
Speaker 8: Okay. I can't do that. Okay, why can't you do that? Mia?
Speaker 1: The whole neighborhood is on lockdown, Tensions are high, and this is a volatile situation. Mia shouts something about her last hope and then makes it clear she doesn't want to talk to the police. She wants someone else. They always want someone else, I.
Speaker 12: Protor.
Speaker 11: She said that you you want to talk to the prosecutor. Okay, Mia, we can help you talk to a prosecutor. We can help you talk to an attorney. But obviously, in this situation where you're at right now, they're not going to come out to where we're at because it's it's not safe.
Speaker 1: Once the officer has positioned himself and can hear better, he realizes that Mia is shouting about a last chance and a nuclear option. It was clear they were dealing with someone who was desperate. The officers in that field weren't starting from zero. They were negotiating with a killer, trying to keep her alive and make sure no one else in the proximity or broader community would be hurt. But before police ever found Mia in that field, her phone had already called nine one one, not because she had called for help, but because she'd thrown it from her car and the phone thought it had crashed.
Speaker 13: Hello, can hear me?
Speaker 14: This is nine one one.
Speaker 7: The owner of his iPhone was in.
Speaker 2: A severe car passion.
Speaker 12: Is not responding to this home.
Speaker 1: Almost at the same time, another call came in from the neighborhood that Mia had just fled.
Speaker 15: Nine On the other the emergency, My neighbors just came running down the road lying call nine one line her gunshop and a yellow Chia's whole that just stropped away from their house.
Speaker 16: I don't know what so in the house, So in our house, run inside, grab a towel.
Speaker 17: So in the house, they.
Speaker 8: Just served us the shriek.
Speaker 14: I'm not even here where my neighbors went.
Speaker 2: They just came screaming, yelling, not I mean.
Speaker 7: If we're getting other calls about it as well, so I don't know what happened. He had to come in our front door.
Speaker 2: But as the wall of.
Speaker 1: The neighbor told dispatch what they heard from outside, gunshots, panic, and a yellow Kia Soul leaving the area. But there was another call coming directly from the survivors and they were able to tell dispatch exactly what they had lived through.
Speaker 14: One one, what is the address on? I need an officer to ten thirty nine East Drives.
Speaker 2: There's gunshots?
Speaker 14: Okay, is somebody shot?
Speaker 15: I think so you shot?
Speaker 18: Yes?
Speaker 14: Can you see the person?
Speaker 11: Okay?
Speaker 14: Did you hear gunshots?
Speaker 17: Yes?
Speaker 8: Thank you?
Speaker 14: Okay. It looks like we've gotten a couple other calls about this, and we're getting help on the way right now. Can you see anything that's going on?
Speaker 19: You know, we just went to the house.
Speaker 20: Okay, leads to Please, we've got help on the way right now.
Speaker 14: Okay, I want you to stay on the line with me and let me know what you hear and what you see. Okay, don't do anything that you feel like. What's you in danger? What something shot at your house?
Speaker 19: Yes?
Speaker 3: Shot upstairs?
Speaker 14: Do you think your parents were shot upstairs? Yes, okay, have you been upstairs to check?
Speaker 21: No?
Speaker 14: Did someone come into your house to shoot?
Speaker 9: Yes, we're downstairs and I started hearing gunshots and.
Speaker 19: Screaming up to this.
Speaker 14: Okay, were you able to hear anybody upstairs?
Speaker 16: Gunshots and screaming?
Speaker 14: Gunshots and screaming.
Speaker 1: Okay, But it wasn't over. After the gun was fired upstairs, the caller heard footsteps pounding on each step as the shooter headed towards the basement. Corey and his wife had no choice but to flee out the window even as shots were being fired through the door, and after making it to the neighbor's house, they had no idea what condition their parents were in. Were they alive or were they dead.
Speaker 14: We do have officers in a loose perimeter in the area. That's their biggest priority before sending medical units in to help your parents, okay, is just to make sure that the scene is safe. But as soon as they secured the scene, medical will go in to help your parents.
Speaker 5: Okay, Okay, that's definitely not what you want to be told after hearing multiple gunshots, screaming, and then silence from upstairs, when you know your parents were up there going about their evening routine.
Speaker 1: You don't want to hear anything but sirens, an emergency personnel not We have to clear the scene first, it might take a while. By the time Deputy Attorney Courtney Sanagra arrived, the house wasn't just the scene of an emergency. It was a bloody crime scene.
Speaker 10: Our office has what's called a death phone, and by law in Utah, anytime there's an unattended death in the jurisdiction, a county attorney needs to be notified. And so I was working late at our office. Actually it was like eight pm. I was a brand new prosecutor. I've been working about six or eight months. And two of our other attorneys were also there, and one of them had the on call phone and came down and said, Hey, there was a double homicide. Do you want to go on scene? So of course I was like yes. I mean, I was hesitanting. I was like, oh, can I handle this? This sounds gruesome, But I did want that experience for my job, and so the three of us went over to be on scene.
Speaker 1: The chaos had passed by the time Courtney arrived, Me and his brother Corey and his wife were safe at the neighbor's house. Officers were at the scene and were also tracking the killer, but in eerie calm, this now filled the Bailey home. The ordinary details were still sitting exactly where Gail and Joseph Bailey had left them.
Speaker 10: But something that stood out to me where it did feel just very eerie, as when you walked in. The first thing I noticed was we walked into the hallway and there was a living room and MSNBC was on on the TV, and there's two dead bodies in the living room area. Joseph was actually down the hallway, but Gail was in the living room, and I just thought, Wow, these people were just having a normal night. They're watching the news.
Speaker 1: That's the kind of image you can't shake from your brain, not just the stark faces of death, but the reminder that they were just alive just a minute ago. The television is still on, still filling the room with disembodied voices, but nobody's listening anymore. The furniture is still in place, seats cooling where a body had just sat. It was an ordinary evening, the kind we all picture because it's the kind we all live every day. You're just sitting at home, half watching the news, thinking there will be a tomorrow and suddenly there isn't.
Speaker 10: When I did see Joseph, he was laying face up and there was a little bit of blood coming from his head. What I remember most is his glasses were split in two. He had worn like spectacles, and it was clean shots to his forehead right where his glasses had been. But the mom was just off the sofa. I don't know if she was sitting down. I don't know if she had stood up, but she was found face front near the sofa, shot in the back of the head.
Speaker 1: But Mia didn't stop with just her parents. She was out for blood and there was more blood to shed in the basement where her brother's family was staying.
Speaker 10: Then we went downstairs and there were children's toys everywhere in this downstairs living room area, little kid's toys. And that gave me the chills, because what if these kids, who were MIA's nieces and nephews had been home.
Speaker 1: By the time investigators finished walking through the house. They know what Mia did, but they just can't imagine why a daughter would come home and turn on her own family like a wounded coyote. And this is a story that can only be told by Mia. By this point. It is the night of June eighteenth, twenty twenty four. In Washington City, Utah. Investigators are on a manhunt for twenty eight year old Miya Bailey. On the evening of June eighteenth, twenty twenty four, she stormed into the family home and executed both of her parents. When she heard her brother's voice in the basement, she went for him and his wife too. Thankfully, they escaped through a bedroom window before the bullets could reach them, and when investigators walked through the house afterwards, the horror wasn't only upstairs. Downstairs, where MIA's nieces and nephews might have been, children's toys were still scattered across the room, police could clearly make out what happened at the scene, and besides, casings were left behind. Mia, however, had vanished into the dark in a yellow Kiah, armed and desperate. The question would follow them through the night from the quiet, blood stained house in Washington City to the streets of nearby Saint George. The chase would come to a head in a half built neighborhood on the edge of town, where Mia would finally be found in a patch of Weeds with a gun to her head before the standoff ended. Before Mia was brought into the interview room, investigators were already working backwards. While officers in Saint George tried to keep her alive, Other investigators were calling the people who had seen her, heard from her, or knew what had been happening in the days and hours before the shooting. They were trying to build a picture of Mia before the field, before the gun, before the house, and one of the first pieces of that picture came from someone Mia had only recently started dating, and even in that short time, he had already seen signs that Mia was not okay.
Speaker 6: How did you meet Mia?
Speaker 8: No matter how?
Speaker 16: He's the place where I work, maybe like a week and a half ago out there, and she just seem nice.
Speaker 3: Asked her if she had facebooks. She said yes, and then it's kind of how I got to.
Speaker 19: Know each other.
Speaker 22: So you known her for a week and a half, Yeah, I can tell that she wanted to progress things fast.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, are you guys boyfriend and girlfriend or what? Were you just starting dating? Well just kind of starting okay, but nothing was official.
Speaker 18: Well, she put on her Facebook that he was her boyfriend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that surprised me when.
Speaker 18: I said to Corny, how did you feel about that? You know, because he hadn't even known.
Speaker 6: Her, so she made that decision on her own.
Speaker 22: Okay, Yeah, I just got out of her relationship before and it was hard broken over, so I wasn't looking to jump into.
Speaker 3: Anything right away.
Speaker 1: A week and a half isn't very long, but it was long enough for him to notice two things. Mia wanted the relationship to move faster than he did, and underneath that something was off.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 22: I just I just started to get to know her like a couple of weeks ago. Okay, I don't know her very well. Okay, I think I know that she was kind of depressed and I could tell that she told me she used to cut herself, and as far as where she is, I really don't know.
Speaker 1: He didn't view her depression or even her fast paced as a red flag, though they were starting out as friends and even had plans that evening.
Speaker 22: When was the last time we talked to her yesterday? Well, I left this morning.
Speaker 16: When I texted her, we were going to arrange like, you know, like a game date night, and that's she said she had to get her her stuff. I guess her family's home. And that's the fast I heard from her.
Speaker 23: She's like, I'd be sure to I said, be sure to tell me what other games she has, like Morgan's and she said she has to rabbit you know there, And then I said, bring her again would be funny.
Speaker 3: And that's the last uh I heard from her. Right there, that was.
Speaker 1: A version of Mia. He knew that morning there was someone making date night plans and talking about board games, someone who was normal.
Speaker 8: It was true.
Speaker 1: Mia was in the middle of moving out of one place into another and away from the people who had been letting her stay with them.
Speaker 22: She said, she's in the process of moving, but I don't are you aware of her renting like any U haul trucks or anything like that?
Speaker 6: Oka say where she was moving to?
Speaker 3: She said she was applied to a few different places.
Speaker 22: She says she tried Jewel Plaza and then she said it fell through and then I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't know why they denied her, but that's all so I know.
Speaker 6: Okay, do you know of any other friends she has? If you ever hung out with any other friends with her or anything like that.
Speaker 3: I've seen her with her cousin and that's that's all I love you with.
Speaker 6: She seems you know her. Her cousin is yeah.
Speaker 3: Jay, Joe Jay.
Speaker 1: The cousin was Jay, and the house Mia had been staying and belonged to Jay's mother, MIA's aunt, Jenny. So investigators called Jenny next. She had seen Mia that afternoon, just hours before the first nine one one calls came in.
Speaker 20: Hello, Hello, hells Jenny, Hey Jenny, this is Detective John Doe with.
Speaker 2: Washington City Police Department.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Hey, so you got a second I can talk with you. Put your belt on, Yeah, go ahead, I'm trying.
Speaker 20: I'm here at on scene trying to gather some more information, Okay, And.
Speaker 2: So I just wanted to kind of talk with you real quick and.
Speaker 20: See when the last time you talked with MEA was in five forty seven.
Speaker 1: Five forty seven, that was almost exactly one hour before Mia shot her parents. Surely Aunt Jenny would have some clues.
Speaker 21: I called her because her mother had called my mom our mom, and they have not had a great relationship. And after mom talked with my sister, I called.
Speaker 8: Me because she had been at the house.
Speaker 2: Earlier to pick up our things out of the garage.
Speaker 21: Because the moment into a story area out of your house of this house up here from your house or this house here, No, from my house. She came to our house in Islands because she's been storing her things there, some of her things. So she had sent me earlier in the day and said I'm.
Speaker 2: Going to come by and get my things.
Speaker 21: And I said that's fine, but you're welcome to leave them here. And she said no, I want an air conditioned unit.
Speaker 19: And I said okay, because whatever.
Speaker 17: So she showed up and I don't know what time means.
Speaker 24: It was forty.
Speaker 21: About four o'clock and got her stuff.
Speaker 25: My husband was in the garage w her.
Speaker 20: She was fine, okay, so nothing. She wasn't acting super crazy or upset, anything that would make you concern that something like this was going to happen.
Speaker 9: No, Rick said, in the garage, she seemed perfectly normal.
Speaker 2: Thank him, calm. I mean, no idea where she got it done.
Speaker 1: When Jenny said Mia was fine, but fine can actually be a complicated word. Fine for the moment, fine for the hour. What exactly does fine mean? Are you fine? Am I fine? I don't know, because only weeks earlier, Mia definitely didn't seem fine.
Speaker 21: I know she's at times heard voices.
Speaker 11: That was kind of new to me.
Speaker 2: Three weeks ago. Whether that was happening in the last few days, I don't know. If he had to run in, I have no idea. So you said, Ni's been hearing voices.
Speaker 25: I don't know.
Speaker 2: A couple of.
Speaker 21: The hospital mats fixed around, and she came She's always been very docile around us.
Speaker 1: Aunt Jenny's call gave investigators the only version of Mia she knew, calm enough to move her things, familiar enough with the family to sound docile, but unstable enough that she had recently checked herself into a hospital due to hearing voices. Then another witness came forward. This was someone with no family history, no context, and no reason to read danger into what she saw. But danger isn't what grabbed her attention. Something else did.
Speaker 25: I My husband and I were at the old Saint George Temple.
Speaker 18: We just finished some.
Speaker 25: Ceilings and we were coming down to the first floor. And when you entered that temple, before you go, you know the front desk to the left, there's a a they call it a family room, like a waiting room in there. And so when we were coming out.
Speaker 3: That girl.
Speaker 25: Came out of the family waiting room and was starting to exit the temple, and I was behind her.
Speaker 26: And when I first saw her.
Speaker 25: I thought, oh my gosh, she had a this skirt on that was about like four into the bovonee and it was like shooting out like a ballerina skirt.
Speaker 27: You know.
Speaker 25: But she had called cowgirl boots on at the same time. It just got my attention, you know. Okay, But I thought, it's probably a family member that's waiting, you know, maybe somebody got married or something. And so as we exited the temple, this thought came to my mind. Show her the love of the Savior, right, And because it's somebody daughter, you want them to know, you know, they're different.
Speaker 5: So I said, hey, old lady.
Speaker 25: I love those cowgirl boats. I had a ranch for thirty years and I noticed any really cute cowgirl boats always right. And she turned around and she said, why, thank you. I said, but I have to admit I'm older now and I can't wear what we used to call And I said that the letters as kickers because it kills my toes.
Speaker 1: It was the kind of trivial conversation that people forget five minutes later, a compliment, a quick laugh, nothing that sounded like a warning, nothing that sounded like someone was about to snap, about to flip out and destroy the lives closest to them in a matter of hours, until she realized that what she was seeing wasn't really what she was So she raised.
Speaker 28: Her leg.
Speaker 25: To show me.
Speaker 18: You know, just had a little.
Speaker 25: Tiny square at the end of these white boots. And she says, well, you just have to learn to get in to fit a certain way. And when she did that, I have in my mind I said, this is guy. Oh right there, I knew with hairy legs and guy's legs. And you know, she was taller than me. I'm five foot eight, she was tall taller. And then I just realized your voice.
Speaker 1: I mean it wasn't like.
Speaker 25: A low voice, but it was different.
Speaker 17: And anyway, I said, I said.
Speaker 25: Well, they are really cute boots. And so so we started walking and said, well you have enjoyed this beautiful day because it was cooler that day, I said, this beautiful day.
Speaker 1: They both went their separate ways, and this lady thought nothing of it until she turned on the news that night and saw a man hunt, or should I say a woman hunt. That sounds stupid.
Speaker 25: He told me that I should call and let you guys know what happened when I talked to that guy, which I thought was a girl. I'm it was Tuesday around three pm.
Speaker 5: Ok.
Speaker 25: My son also telling you should remain anonymous because you don't ever want that guy to have your name.
Speaker 19: Okay.
Speaker 1: Back in the field, negotiators keep me at talking. The conversation goes on for almost an hour. She asks for a prosecutor and talks about wanting the death penalty. She asks what kind of deal can be made, but eventually the lead detective gets her to agree to a surrender plan. Mia puts the gun down, keeps her hands visible, and walks towards the tactical team. Officers take her into custody and no one else is hurt. Mia finally gets the conversation she's been asking for. She has taken to an interview room with detectives and a prosecutor to explain.
Speaker 29: I'm not so much curious as far as what happened, but I'm kind of curious kind of what led up to it.
Speaker 27: Well, let's see, Oh my backlash and community. I can't go anywhere, you can't go and walks without people saying trap to to heartbreaker to a bunch of ask the other stuff.
Speaker 1: Mia born Colin Bailey was obviously leaving out the kindness of the woman from the Saint George Temple whim to her boots and treated me I like the woman she wanted to be.
Speaker 19: Let's see.
Speaker 27: Being homeless after I have found the abuse several times and.
Speaker 19: Okay, being twenty grand dad, what.
Speaker 18: Does that come from?
Speaker 27: Well, it comes from our loans because my brothers. This comes from credit cards.
Speaker 19: It's expensive to be a single.
Speaker 12: Woman and trans the.
Speaker 11: Top of that.
Speaker 18: Okay, so what kind of and like I said, I don't know all the ins and outs of, but what kind of expenses do you have doing that?
Speaker 19: Well, it's like five hundred and twelve dollars a month just doing the trail stuff.
Speaker 27: So that's like getting laser treatments and medications.
Speaker 1: It was getting expensive being the woman she wanted to be. That is laser treatments for hair removal, hormone replacement therapy. Who knows what else As for homelessness, MIA's cousin kicked her out because he was afraid she was crazy. She made an allegation saying a neighbor pointed a gun at her. Emotions apparently escalated, and Mia said her cousin just didn't understand that allegation, by the way, wasn't verified. We brought in doctor Stephen Levine, a psychiatrist in the Cleveland, Ohio area, to talk about gender dysphoria, mental illness, and surgery as a last hope. Doctor Levine is also a professor at Case Western University. He's known for his thesis that gender dysphoria is usually caused by psychological issues that should be treated as such rather than with gender affirming care. Doctor Levine was among the earliest in his field to recognize the need for research in this area. In nineteen seventy four, he co founded a gender identity clinic through Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine. Doctor Levine has obviously had a lot of pushback given his research in the field and his unwillingness to bend to the current politics surrounding this ever changing issue.
Speaker 30: These social cultural shift has to do with the human need to reinterpret how to live one's life, how to combine the male and female interests that all of us have into a way of being a man and woman. So we are redefining the ways of being a man and woman. But the Internet has led to a lot of young people who are having distress in their lives thinking that the problem, the cause of their distress is not the ordinary psychiatric causes of distress, of family dysfunction and personal difficulties, but it's due to the fact that they didn't understand that they were a trans person and some authority figure, some process on the Internet seems to have influenced young people dramatically into thinking that may be their trans and so adolescents are now experimenting a great deal with differences in orientation and differences in gender expression.
Speaker 1: When someone is already depressed, isolated, autistic, suicidal, or desperate, the Internet can sometimes hand them a simple answer, this is why you hurt. You are trans. But for Levine, this is not the same as a stable transgender person living an ordinary life. That person, he says, is not a psychiatric patient. The real concern is when the identity is tied to serious suffering, when the person isn't just saying this is who I am, but I can't survive unless my body changes. Mia was a perfect example of someone who not only had pre existing mental health conditions, but her desperation became dangerous and the detective wanted to know how she got to that point right.
Speaker 19: Let up to it was.
Speaker 27: So I got a call from my social worker from the hospital and.
Speaker 19: I comparably kind of broken him in a way.
Speaker 27: This year the details the hospital, but the worst one was all was my mother to contacting them to say.
Speaker 19: No one the surgery.
Speaker 18: And well, mother contacted the hospital.
Speaker 27: Yeah, and so I know I can probably appeal it with just if that, but she went the saund was very furious and I I don't want to hear explained, you know, excuses we're hearing, you know, my explanation, and I'm sorry and I'll do something about it any who I am. Uh, she don't say sorry to see her life.
Speaker 1: Apparently, whether Mia meant it this way or not, this was a literal statement. Her resentment was palpable. Her mother was dead by MIA's own hand. Because her mother wouldn't say sorry, Mia felt like she was holding on by a thread. During the standoff, she repeatedly shouted, this was my last hope, meaning the final surgery to remove her male genitalia, and she placed all the blame on her parents, especially her mother. So you might be thinking, oh, those mean parents, that unwoke mom who ruined her child's life. But according to everyone except Mia, the family was as supportive as they could be.
Speaker 10: The surgery was canceled, But our impression was that it was not canceled because her parents were simply not supportive of her transitioning, or her being transgender, or how she chose to identify, but because they were concerned more broadly about her mental health. From what I understood, her family was very supportive of her and her decision to transition, and she also struggled with other diagnoses. And I'm not a medical expert, so I don't want to get into those, but I believe that they were supportive of her in those as well. There was a prior protective order where I think the family just at one point just had to act to protect themselves because they felt that she was a danger and a threat to them. But I think that was a last or and I do think they try to support her as much as they could.
Speaker 1: Me I didn't just suffer from gender dysphoria. She had a host of other mental health disorders and diagnoses, ranging from ADHD to autism to potential schizophrenia. So her parents didn't feel like it was wise to go ahead with such a serious and life altering surgery because the fact was this was not going to cure her mental illness, and it may just make it worse. Doctor Levine says this is often the danger when somebody is already carrying serious depression, anxiety, and stability or other psychiatric issues. Surgery might change the body without touching the deeper source of suffering. His evidence comes from a recent Finish study, if you want to look that up.
Speaker 7: So we have some evidence that even the purven to care for the vast majority of people thords in this case, do you not install their unhappiness? You see, the unhappiness is usually presented as suicidality, depression, anxiety, sometimes drug addiction, sometimes suicidal thoughts. So we realize that that among the majority of people who are seeking the train's solution to their unhappiness, the majority of those people may still be unhappy after they make all these changes to their body. And so people like me are saying to people before they have its kind of medical and interventions, let's pay attention to what is troubling you. What is the source of your depression, anxiety, you're eating disorders, or whatever, whatever the situation is, And let's pay attention to that. You're in charge of your gender, not me. I'm not trying to change your gender. But I'm trying to do is improve your mental health.
Speaker 13: And that doesn't have to do with gender, and that has to do with these overwhelmed symptoms of self harm, suicidality, repression, anxiety, beating disorders, and sometimes the drop demands.
Speaker 2: For me.
Speaker 1: Every aspect of her mental suffering was blamed on being in the wrong body. But you know that old chicken and egg analogy which came first me. I thought that everyone was against her. Her parents didn't support her, and she was bullied by the community at large.
Speaker 10: I would say that Mia probably subjectively felt bullied and harassed, but I couldn't. I don't have all the facts. I don't know her life story from what I observed. I don't know that the objective harassment was to the degree that maybe she believed.
Speaker 1: Doctor Levine says, there's another layer to all of this, beyond diagnosis, beyond treatment. There is the social question, how do the people around someone respond when that person's identity changes we gave him an analogy. Is it like an agitated schizophrenic, for example, who might try to convince you that you're under immediate attack based on his own delusion. Do you go along with it just to be safe? And is it kindness to use the name and pronoun someone wants you to use or is it an obligation? And what happens when people feel pushed to accept something they don't believe is true.
Speaker 28: That's a political question, that's a silk manner question.
Speaker 7: If I think.
Speaker 28: I am some other gender, some atypical gender, and I prefer to be called they rather than he or she, do I have the right to impose upon you my sense of reality that I'm a ay even though you who don't have gender dysporia or transidentity, you have learned all the days in your life that they is a burrow and this is a sea of the person. And that's the wrong language. So the question is, if I consider myself to be something that offends your sense of reality, do I have a right to demand that you you conform to my sense of reality? And so that's the social debate that's going on, the only thing I could say about that is that when one transitions, either in a binary or non binary fashion, your sense of reality is different than the common person.
Speaker 31: And so this is the price that when he pays for the trans or neither a gender diverse person, we can use that race. The price that these people have to pay is that their sense of reality is different than the majority of human beings that they interact with.
Speaker 1: Mia was upset because her surgery had been scheduled for September ninth. Then she managed to move it up to July ninth. That would have been two weeks from the time of the murders. But remember, Mia had just checked herself into a psychiatric hospital. She knew she wasn't stable, but in the interview, Mia was vague about the hospitalization. She claimed it was more or less a prerequisite that her mom had made for them to feel okay about her getting the surgery. Mia reluctantly agreed to that and to some therapy if and only if her parents would help her go through with the sex change, but something went wrong. The hospital only kept her for three days. Beyond admitting ADHD and autism, she was vague about her other issues like psychosis.
Speaker 18: Are you have you been diagnosed?
Speaker 3: With schizophrenia.
Speaker 19: No, that's what I was the hospital for.
Speaker 3: Almost diagnosis.
Speaker 18: You'd never have anything that like Fung diagnosed.
Speaker 27: With one was like they were diagnosed, but I knew what it saw that day the guys were in there. I know what he said, but nobody believed me. I can't remember. It's something to do with like seeing auditory illusionscinations or something like that.
Speaker 19: Yeah, something like that. It's not quite scherzophrenia.
Speaker 1: Okay, so some form of psychosis regardless. One topic the detective wanted to clear up was premeditation. You could tell in the interview that Mia was pretty lucid. That has to do with being oriented to person, place and time. Do they know who they are? Do they know where they are? And do they know what time it is? Mia seemed very oriented and grounded. She knew exactly what she did.
Speaker 18: And why if you could go back to yesterday, when you change the outcome with your moment out.
Speaker 19: I don't think there's any way to change their mind. So no, if they changed their mind, which I.
Speaker 27: Know they're not because they're so narcissistic, I mean, it would be played out completely differently.
Speaker 19: So their answer was on them. They had their chance.
Speaker 29: When they changed their answer to know, that was pretty much solidified their outcome.
Speaker 19: Yeah, in your at least in your mind. Yeah, and you know basically it is now we won't do anything about it.
Speaker 27: No, we won't apologize you and all this stuff. So, I mean, this was like my one last tempt after so many times.
Speaker 18: But I tried.
Speaker 19: I'm going to give so many chances, all my family, my friends, and I can't account. But I just did it to myself.
Speaker 27: I just you know, destroyed myself by giving him too many chances, and.
Speaker 19: Enough was enough.
Speaker 32: Did you say a thing to your mama and you wantd in? No, that's whe and that's what that was actually a question I had because if if you didn't, if that was so, if you walked through the door.
Speaker 18: So you're more than there was no option for her to be able to say, Okay, yeah, I'll change my mind now because I knew.
Speaker 19: If I knew, if I hesitated a way, do I just sleep? I would have done it.
Speaker 27: And then I just regret my life more and more and more I get more angrier, and then it would it wouldn't be just my mom and dad.
Speaker 18: So that decision was made to not have any conversation when you walked.
Speaker 6: Through the door.
Speaker 12: No, that was mainly killed.
Speaker 19: Yeah, my decision was done. I'm like, this is I'm done.
Speaker 3: It is Crapah that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Are you seeing a pattern yet? MIA's parents were the narcissists, not her. She gave them every chance except the one that mattered most of course, the one that might have kept her from pulling the trigger on them. The detective asked, did your mom have any last words? The answer was no, because Mia didn't give her a chance. And the next thing she remembered was her dad walking down the hall towards the living room, asking what was going on. So she took him out too. It was all about Mia and all about what Mia wanted, and she had absolutely no remorse.
Speaker 18: And so I just want to I just I want to just clarify as far as any.
Speaker 27: Remorse that you have, Well, I the remorse was I didn't want to become the monster that they made mean it be.
Speaker 19: I really wanted to be good.
Speaker 18: I really didn't.
Speaker 19: But I guess said that was a last of Astra.
Speaker 1: She says, I didn't want to become the monster they made me to be. It goes without saying, but I'm gonna say it anyway, because I'm Mike.
Speaker 8: Hi.
Speaker 1: Nice to meet you. No one can make you a monster. You see, there's this thing called choices. It's part of a greater thing called personal responsibility. Should I send that out for you libtwards out there? Yeah, yeah, yeah, leave it in the comments, try to get me banned, whatever, fuck off. But if you're honest with yourself about the very obvious pattern we keep seeing over and over again, a pattern of always looking outwards blaming whenever anything goes wrong. MIA's only remorseful feelings were still about what others had done to her. They made her into a monster, and she regretted that, which, by the way, I'd hate to be one of those trans surgeons who now has a perpetual target on their back because they made non reversible changes to multiple human beings, many of which are unstable and have a perspective of blaming outwards. Some of them might change their mind in a few years and fuck around and find out, I guess. At another point, when Mia was questioned again about whether there was anything else they should know, she turned the whole conversation on its head.
Speaker 27: Where did I can tell you what I could have done a lot better. And I knew all the way ahead of time, but still would have got better. I could have put a silence around it. I could have cleaned their rounds so soon as I had gotten the left for sunds.
Speaker 19: Yeah, you'll get a extended or threaded barrel on it. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 8: And I could have you.
Speaker 19: Know, like I said, clean the rounds, to pick up the rounds. I can tell you how ex give you guys this.
Speaker 2: All last night three helicopter.
Speaker 29: I would be more than happy to have how you how you dodged arcadeine guy last night in that subdivision by where that where the golf course is.
Speaker 1: Not to state the obvious or anything, but she's laughing. I mean he's laughing. Sorry, man, you don't deserve my respect.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 27: So when you passed over that wall up bush, just hopping over fences, that is taking breaks.
Speaker 19: And then this is endurance.
Speaker 27: And then you got to watch the helicopters and they're on all that stuff so and they're waiting for backup.
Speaker 19: So it's it's taking off the main route. You're taking a bunch of different routes off road all the time.
Speaker 27: Sometimes main road just take fun who you're at and then off road again and hopping through. I am so sorry to all the people on plants probably destroyed on accident.
Speaker 17: Or frocks and there shrubbery.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 19: I was like, I'm sorry.
Speaker 18: I don't want to be here for a moment more.
Speaker 19: I don't want anything yours or or you know.
Speaker 27: And it's like, I apologize, but jomps up there, won't leave me quite yet.
Speaker 18: An only reason you.
Speaker 27: Guys caught me it is because of the daytime, and I saw your guys.
Speaker 19: Drums up there by the people there. Yeah, And I was gonna wait.
Speaker 27: Till night time and then go to uh crow do that fun dance again, and then I get to sports them in my house to get may one bullet.
Speaker 1: Nothing like having a chuckle with police about hiding from helicopters after you've murdered your parents. What a cut. Mia said the surgery was her last hope and that was taken from her. She said she was trying to get one more bullet to use on herself, but in the standoff, she already had options. She was the one holding the gun, she had armed officers around her. She had already talked about the death penalty and specified wanting a firing squad, but according to the police summary about the negotiation, Mia also said she could have killed herself and didn't because then they would have won. Instead, she wanted to take everyone down with her, and when detectives asked if there was anything else they should know, Mea didn't talk about mom or dad. She talked about how much better she could have done it. Remorse shows up in the interview, but it never seems to land on her parents. She shows more concern for strangers who passed by, for damage that she may have caused a shrubbery, for the mechanics of the chase, anything other than her own family.
Speaker 10: In her interview, when she started to talk about how she was able to evade the police for so long, so she was not remorseful. She was bragging about how well her plan worked, and that was very telling and something we definitely considered when we discussed whether or not we should seek the death penalty.
Speaker 1: Before prosecutors could decide whether to seek death, there were other voices they had to hear. Gail and Joseph Bailey were gone, one son barely escaped, and the rest of the Bailey sons still had to decide what they wanted the state to do with their youngest brother, Colin, the one who had murdered their parents because he wanted to be a woman. Twenty eight year old Colin Bailey, the youngest of four boys, believed he was special, not special like artistically gifted or mathematically brilliant, special like I was born with a dick and I think I should have a vagina, and that's my whole personality. Colin legally changed his name to Mia to match what he thought his gender should be. Mia was newly homeless, living in storage units, relatives houses, and hotel rooms in Washington County, Utah. On June eighteenth, twenty twenty four, she intruded into her parents' home in Washington City, despite a restraining order against her. She gave no opportunity for discussion. She pulled out her nine milimeter and opened fire. When she heard noises in the basement. She shot at her brother and sister in law through a locked door. She then went back upstairs to finish off her dying mother. Her father was already dead, so.
Speaker 29: When you walked through, she setting in the chair and fired the first round at her.
Speaker 18: I shout from the chair, Yeah, so you shot her and then what then as.
Speaker 29: Far as that, how did you how did you approach your mom from that point?
Speaker 19: I just shot her and there something down and he came out and I shot her.
Speaker 18: So you were basically just moving along and shooting at your mom until she went down and then your dad comes out.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 27: Then I go down, sorry, shoot went around, yeah, because I was kind of brother anne, carry and go back upstairs.
Speaker 19: Then do one more around and dad, just in case.
Speaker 18: Mom gets shot a bunch? How much I do.
Speaker 27: Remember actually coming out just in case because you heard her like bringing quite a bit, like choking, I went.
Speaker 19: To shoot her again.
Speaker 18: Do you remember standing up close to her? Do you remember?
Speaker 29: Was about sixteen away, so I never any closer than six feet about them, Okay?
Speaker 18: And then dad comes around, what's up? What's going on?
Speaker 19: Yep?
Speaker 29: And that rare his head and it was instant. It just fell backwards. So you shot him and then so just went around with that.
Speaker 19: Yeah, And then I and then you went downstairs, shot one around down there.
Speaker 18: Do you remember where you shot that road downstairs?
Speaker 29: And then laptop door the middle of the door, yeah, a little bit middle, but a little towards the left.
Speaker 18: It was locked did you hear did you hear him inside?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 19: He barched the door and stuff, and fucking i'st the target?
Speaker 3: So what was what was the route for her?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 18: Did you message?
Speaker 3: Just a message for herself?
Speaker 18: What would you What would it be like if you would have hit it?
Speaker 19: Oh, it's an asshole.
Speaker 1: That's just a little glimpse though, what the world would be like if we all just decided to shoot everyone who we thought was an asshole. A lot of people would be dead. That's why we have morals, That's why we have self restraint and laws. Mia was arrested the next morning after an hour's long manhunt and take into an interview room, where she told detectives that the sex change surgery had been her last hope and losing it was the final straw. But Utah is one of twenty seven states that employs the death penalty, and the prosecutors still had to decide whether Mia Bailey should live or die. During the interview with detectives, Mia was calm and oriented. She never shed a tear and never showed remorse for ending the lives of her parents. Her brother Corey was there and lived to tell about it.
Speaker 33: Of Coreat I know this is fucking hardest thing you've ever done, right, I need you to tell me what happened today.
Speaker 6: So me and my wife were downstairs.
Speaker 34: Watch sure, Okay, my mom was upstairs arguing with my grandma about some family drama or whatever. But apparently it pissed off my brother. He's a schizophrenic. He's been going through a lot of issues like we and trans transitioning, but he's he's been having a lot more issues likely, but you know what they were talking about, just gits and pieces, arguing about money and getting help taking.
Speaker 8: Care of the basic Okay, Okay. Apparently he was supposed to do some surgery or something.
Speaker 6: I haven't I haven't been keeping up on what's going on with him too much. Yeah, it got canceled and he thinks it was.
Speaker 8: Therefore us and this is the first time he's been to the house.
Speaker 6: In a minute or Yeah, we have a protective order against.
Speaker 8: Him, okay, And me and my wife Okay, is that and through that house? Yes? Because the house, me, my wife and my kids. Okay. All And as I heard.
Speaker 4: Shooting upstairs and then my my mother yelling and screaming, and then I locked the door to our room and I started opening the window, and I tried fount her out and got myself out. By the time we were climbing out the window, he was pounding on my door trying to open it, and then I heard gunshots at my door.
Speaker 1: Take a minute to just ask yourself, honestly, would your brain work that fast? Because some people run towards action, some people panic, and then some people panic so hard that they can't make a decision at all. Corey had seconds to figure out what was happening, move and make the right choice before Mia reached the door. At this point, Mia isn't in custody yet, and the shooting has just occurred less than thirty minutes before. The Bailey family still doesn't even have the worst dancer yet. Corey knows what he heard. He knows his parents were upstairs. He knows he and Amanda barely got out, but he doesn't know if his parents are still alive, and neither do his brothers.
Speaker 8: This is my brother, he doesn't just does he does?
Speaker 28: He know?
Speaker 4: Where?
Speaker 8: Does your brother went out of seat? Then wouldn't have a suit right held on.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry to be going to tell you I.
Speaker 8: Don't think they're They're deceased. Both.
Speaker 33: Okay, this is my brother and that's the reason I put him on I'm gonna let you deal with that. Okay, do you need something right now? I mean, we have a victim's advocate, we can.
Speaker 8: Call out for you.
Speaker 22: I don't even know where to begin with this.
Speaker 2: No, I know, until he's sound, I.
Speaker 7: Don't know where to go.
Speaker 6: That will be saved.
Speaker 2: At this point, like twenty minutes ago.
Speaker 1: For Corey, the shock is still immediate, the fear has barely worn off, and the adrenaline is still in his body. The grief is only beginning to catch up. But the legal process moves a hell of a lot slower. Mia confessed that night. In fact, she detailed exactly what she did and why, but she didn't immediately plead. For more than a year, prosecutors weighed what kind of case this was, whether Mia was guilty. Was this straightforward or we're mitigating factors strong enough to take the death penalty off the table.
Speaker 10: In Utah, we as prosecutors have a small time frame to decide whether or not to seek the death penalty. We have to declare it at the outset. Some of the factors that we have to consider our past cases where we sought the death penalty, and the facts of the cases need to be similar. So we looked at the two recent two most recent cases, which again we don't have very many murders, so we don't have a lot to compare it to. But the cases that we did seek the death penalty on they involved like a torture aspect. We felt this case was different in that these were quick, clean shots, especially with Joseph who was shot in the head, that there wasn't that torqueous aspect On the flip side. We did consider this to be premeditated. It was planned out, she had been practicing, and that's an aggravating factor that would incline us to seek the death penalty. A lot of our discussion focused on mental health issues, and ultimately we decided not to seek the death penalty because of one the mental health issues and to the fact that in her interview she said she wanted the death penalty, and we felt like giving her that what she wanted was the wrong thing to do. We shouldn't. We didn't want to reward her decision to murder her parents. In fact, she made a motion later on in court asking the judge to impose the death penalty against the advice of her defense attorney. But that's not her decision to make us a prosecuting decision and a judge's decision.
Speaker 1: It was still all about Mia. She wanted to skip the part of due process that says the judge and jury of your peers got to decide your fate. Mia already got to decide who lived and died because she didn't get her way, and now she wanted the easy way out, and she wanted it now. But that's just not how it works. And this is the part Mia never seemed to be able to understand. A diagnosis might explain suffering and instability, but it doesn't turn murder into self defense. Mia had grievances and a whole list of people she thought had failed her, and MIA's version of the story, she was still the victim. Not her mom, not her dad, not her brothers, or her nephews or nieces, just Mia. That's the ugly logic of narcissistic violence. The pain always points inwards, the blame outwards, and the people who get hurt are treated just like obstacles, not human beings. Mia Bailey was not just someone with genderdice for it. She was a person who made narcissistic and violent choices that ended lives, and none of her explanations changed what prosecutors were looking at. Two dead parents, a brother and a sister in law who barely escaped target practice, a gun, a confession, and a defendant who talked about death like it was one more thing she could control.
Speaker 10: Not going for the death penalty was of course controversial, but I do believe based on the factors that we have to abide by, it was the right decision and the mental health issues. One of the challenges as a prosecutor is working with victims and working with victims families, especially in a situation where one family member has victimized the rest of their family. So the defendant is a family member of the victim, which is what we have here. And Mia had three brothers and all of them wanted different things out of this. So some were seeking more of like punitive measures, and others were seeking more of mercy and saying that their parents wouldn't want Mia to be punished so harshly for these crimes. So as a prosecutor, we have to take into account the victims and what they want, but we also have a responsibility to the community and we have to take in to account the community as well. So trying to find where to land on the justice versus mercy scale was difficult for our team. Aggravated murder carries a minimum of twenty five years per count, so we had two aggravated murders, one for Joseph one for Gail, each with a sentence of twenty five to life. One of the decisions that we had to make was whether to pursue those sentences concurrently so that they would run at the same time and Mia could potentially be out of prison in twenty five years, or to ask them to be ran consecutively so that means stacked on top of each other. So Mia would sarve twenty five years for the murder of Joseph and then twenty five years minimum for the murder of Gail, potentially longer up to life, meaning that that would be a minimum of fifty years. We chose, and it wasn't necessarily an easy decision, but because we did want to be respectful of the family and of the mental health circumstances, but we chose to pursue consecutive sentences I do think at the end of the day, we did get the family to see where we were coming from and agree with consecutive sentencing, But it was a challenge to get there. And the reason we went to consecutive is because we as an office viewed that as two separate lives, two separate people that needed justice, and so we wanted each victim to be represented.
Speaker 1: Mia confessed in the interview room, but it wasn't until a year later, after she passed a competency evaluation that prosecutors offered a plea. On November sixth, Mia Bailey changed her plea from not guilty to guilty but mentally ill, and on December nineteenth, she returned to court for sentencing.
Speaker 26: It's Bailey in case two four to one five zero one one ninety three to the charge of aggravated a first degree family You were hereby sentenced to serve twenty five years to live. Count two aggravated murder, first degree felony, or hereby sentenced to serve twenty five years to life. Count three aggravated assault, a third degree felmy. You are hereby sentence to serve zero to five years always at the Utah State Prison.
Speaker 12: To run consecutive one with the other.
Speaker 1: In that sensing, the focus finally moved away from Mia and her selfishness, her surgery, and her blame, back to the people she left behind, her brothers yo honor.
Speaker 17: We sit before this court as the children, grandchildren, sister, brother, mother, extended family and friends, the majority of the remaining family that hasn't spoken today of Joseph Blue Bailey and Gale Bailey, two real people whose lives were defined not by how they died, but how they lived. We also stand here as a family to Mia that dual reality is not something we choose, but is something that we must care honestly. Our father, Joseph Blue Bailey, spent most of his working life.
Speaker 12: As a maritime engineer on tugboats.
Speaker 17: He was gone from months at a time doing physically demanding and often dangerous work so his family would be stable and secure. He believed in responsibility, not excuses. Our mother, Gil was a homemaker, but advocacy was her life's work. She spent years navigating schools, doctors and systems that resisted accommodation, particularly.
Speaker 12: When it came to mental illness.
Speaker 17: She did that work without a title, without pay, and without recognition because her children.
Speaker 12: Mattered more than anything else.
Speaker 17: Long before most people understood what autism or schizophrenia meant, she was fighting school.
Speaker 12: Systems, attending IEP meetings.
Speaker 17: Researching, calling, pushing, and insisting that her child not be written off because she was difficult or complicated. The consequences we are asking for are not rooted in hatred or revenge. They are rooted in responsibility, safety, and the reality that you required structure and treatment to survive. What happened cannot be undone. But pretending you are someone you are never capable.
Speaker 12: Of being does not serve justice and it does not honor our parents.
Speaker 1: I cannot imagine what this family has gone through, And to be honest, I can't imagine what someone who legitimately thinks they were born in the wrong body feels like. Either must be awful, always needing external validation to feel normal. It's got to be hell. And unfortunately I have to say this because there's a lot of really ignorant people out there. But just because you consider yourself trans doesn't mean you're a homicidal maniac. I've interacted with plenty of trans people, some even in this industry, that are perfectly normal, nice, and a pleasure to be around. Shout out Annie Ryan from who are these podcasts? But let's stop pretending like wanting to cut your dick off doesn't mean you're not fucked up. Guess what, We're all fucked up. We all have issues, we all have trauma. We're all doing the best we can. You're free to make whatever decisions you want to make yourself okay enough to carry on, and unless you're a complete bag of shit, you'll address people by how they want to be addressed, with the same politeness you would use if you had mispronounced their name. I don't have a problem with any of that. I don't think anyone I know has a problem with that. The problem comes when you start amplifying you're so called solution, start normalizing it, get every immediate talking head to perpetuate your dick removal miracle. In movies, TV, social media, you get dumb celebrities to chant your mantras and create a social contagion that envelops the most vulnerable, those with severe psychological issues and literal confused children who already feel out of place, not due to sex, but to that magical awkward age where we all feel like social rejects and are doing just about anything to feel special, to feel normal. Then you start attacking anyone who gets in your way. That's where the problem is. When you stop asking if they'll address you by your pronouns and you start demanding that they do. You start demanding that the collective pool of government money funded by all of our tax dollars, pays for it for you to have your little cure. And then you demonize, threaten, and cancel anyone that says other one. That is where the problem is. Mia Bailey wanted the world to validate her identity, her pain, and her version of reality. But the law doesn't exist to affirm delusion, excuse narcissism, or turn grievance into permission to kill. No name change, no diagnosis, no surgery, and no amount of suffering could change what this was. Two parents executed in cold blood, a brother nearly killed, and a family torn apart and forced to carry the cost of MIA's self obsession. Mia Bailey doesn't deserve my or anyone else's politeness, so I will not address it by its pronouns. And if you're listening and you have a problem with that, you well you can suck my deck, because I still have one. It is not a woman, it is not a man. It is a monster and it will be about eighty eight years old when it finally gets out of prison.
Speaker 24: Well, I can't wait to see what my redneck buddies think of this one. Us will being all ignorant and seius and whatnot here in Texas. I'm really looking forward to the comments over at sermon scale dot com.
Speaker 1: So head on over there and leave one. Would you mind? Would you stay safe?
Speaker 35: Guys fall the plus, the fast for the plus for the plus sting when the plus, when the plus have on the plus has one three set past, when the twenty game
Speaker 5: Sh