Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning, Welcome Welcome week. It is time now for our community connection right here on K one, the one you trust, and today we have our friends in from the United Way.
Speaker 2: How are we doing, Miss Lisa and Miss Katie.
Speaker 3: We're doing great.
Speaker 4: We are doing great.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: I know that the United Way from time to time does fund raises. Oh yeah, this one is more like the fun that kind of raises money.
Speaker 4: That is our hope and what's going on. We are you know, we're excited about this new event that we're having that Katie has put time and effort into. It's going to be fantastic. It's called a Low Haul after Dark. Yes, it's it's Hawaiian themed and we are going to have that July at the Osh Casino at six pm. Nice, So it's it's brand new. This will be in lieu of our United and Giving lunch and where we thought it was time to change things up and I think there's nothing like this in our community. We're really hoping this will be something that people look forward to every year. So it's just going to be great. We're really really looking forward to it. But we're also want our community to come and support us and fill the room up and just have a good time so we can help our partner agencies.
Speaker 2: Katie, what date and what time do I have to be there?
Speaker 5: July twenty sixth at Osh Casino starts at six pm. But if you are a sponsor certain sponsors, so that would be tropic if you do the v I p add on and above get to come to a special VIP cocktail.
Speaker 2: Hour, so you get to warm up in the bullpen. Huh.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, yes, Katie's got a lot of VIP specials going on in there, and that's just an opportunity for us to to thank those sponsors that go above and beyond. But we're so appreciative of everyone buy a ticket or going together and buy a table. We've already had a lot of sponsors. I know that we want to thank them. Blue Skott Bio, which is a dental implant company that my husband runs. Uh, they are a sponsor, are the entertainment sponsor. And then Katie, you want to talk about the other ones.
Speaker 3: So we are wonderful friends.
Speaker 5: Shawn and Christy Roberts over at the print shop and Moxy on second they are our media and print sponsor. Yeah, they're awesome. We love working with them o SH Casino. Of course, we couldnt be doing this event without them. They are fantastic. We have loved getting to work with them and bringing this event to life with their crew. They are one of our Hawaiian sponsors, and then our last Hawaiian sponsor is Ascension Saint John's Jane Phillips. We are always thrilled to work with them and they are just fantastic and so we're excited to have them as our Hawaiian sponsor.
Speaker 1: Well, this is going to be a lot of fun, yes, And you know a lot of folks have driven by the new casino and everyone keeps saying, Oh.
Speaker 2: I gotta go there, I gotta go there go. Well, here's your excuse, Yes, here's here's your entre. Here fire, there's some fun. Yeah, let's raise some money for United.
Speaker 4: Way, Yes, and you know we will. We also want to give a special thanks to Conicle Phillips and Phillips sixty six. They are continuously spawned supporting us throughout the years. Last year at our golf tournament we use SH Casino for our vendor reception, got really good feedback from it. They you know, it was a it was a learning opportunity, but it was it was just you know, sometimes you have to freshen stuff up. Sure, and we are really excited to again have the our vendor reception for the golf tournament at Osh Casino.
Speaker 2: So wow.
Speaker 4: But this event is it's taking Katie in her event committee. They are awesome. The group of people that she's gotten together to help with this event is amazing and we've got a lot of good members.
Speaker 5: So we've our Events committee is made up of Seth Day from Tree County Tech.
Speaker 3: We've got Aaron Bernall from.
Speaker 5: P sixty six, we have Hayley Cunningham from Trudy Credit Union, we have Brent Butler from cop and we have the radio stations owned Tammy Brinkman, and then we have Karen Linen from of Phillips.
Speaker 3: So we have a really fantastic crew that.
Speaker 5: Have just come together and they say, how can we take this idea, this Louau, this tropics and the o Sage and and make it something that's going to be something that people are going to want to come to every single year. And they've done a fantastic job with it.
Speaker 2: We're so excited, Well, I'm excited to just hear it about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's going to be It's going to be a great time. And you know, we've had a lot going on this year. We are just finished up our brand refresh Cohort. So United Way is we're launching some new logos and we're going to use United is the Way, and that is that's going away from Live United. I'll still have it in my heart, but United is the Way is a way for us to get together as a community to help in the areas of community resiliency, health opportunities, youth opportunities, and educations. So we're really hoping that the community will be caught be part of United as the Way for our Low Hall after Dark.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty I'm darn sure they will. You know, when you had your big to do just last week. Yes, coming together. I think everybody remembers the tornado and the two that won the awards very deserving. The whole community came together. Oh yeah, I mean there were people helping people. There were folks who you didn't hear about on the news, you didn't see on the TV, you didn't maybe even read about it, but they were affected, you know, and their homes got damage. Might might not have been something that would have caught the eye of someone, but when you got a hole in your roof, that's.
Speaker 2: Pretty substantially yes. And there were.
Speaker 1: Neighbors helping neighbors and other entities and helping other entities.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a lot of agencies were exactly yeah.
Speaker 5: And we saw a lot of that and that that was the thing that was so important when the tornadoes were going on. We had you know, of course, we had Matt Hitchcock with Red Cross. He was out there, and then we had Captain Swain Luke and Tania and they were out there with Salvation Army and they won the awards. But but what a lot of people didn't see. They saw those fantastic organizations. But then we had our partner agencies reaching out to us, like what can we do to help them?
Speaker 3: What do they need? What do they need? What can we do for them?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 3: And so it's it's a fantastic thing.
Speaker 5: That that these partner agencies, not just the ones that we have in United Way, but these organizations throughout our community band together when there's there's something that happens to our community that.
Speaker 3: They they can help with. And and it was just amazing to see.
Speaker 5: I know we had Christina Bishop, who's the director of our elder care. She she showed up and she says, what can we do?
Speaker 3: Like what we have? This is the things that we have her at our advantage. What what can we do?
Speaker 5: What can we give to these these organizations to help? And it was just really cool to see all these partner agencies just come together for our community.
Speaker 1: And you know what our agencies do that when we don't have an emergency exactly, they do this really kind of every day.
Speaker 2: It just that you know, it doesn't make the news, but you should.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, and you know that's We were just at the y m c A at a site visit and he you know, he collaborates with the Boys and Girls Club, Boy Scouts, Salvation Army, Mary Martha Outreach, AGATHE. I mean that's just the norm for what our agencies do. But I will give a special thanks to Quick Trip. During those tornadoes, Lorie contacted me with Quick Trip and she said, I'd like to give some gas cards to the folks in Barnsdall that were impacted. And Barnesdall is covered with the unit A way of north northwest. I can't remember it's Pauca City. It used to be Pauca City and my friend care is the director there, so I got in touch with her and was able to get that coordinated. But that's just a small example how people just do what they can to help people in need.
Speaker 2: It is you were living after that came up? Goodness, I guess it's just identifying what we're.
Speaker 4: Doing, right, Yes, it does. It just gives us a way to tell our story, but honestly, to tell the stories of these amazing agencies and individuals in this community. I mean last year was a tough year, but we raised almost two point four million dollars. That is huge. Yes, So each year we are trying to do what we can do to be good stewards of the donor dollar. We're trying new fundraisers. We did a lot last year. This is just an example, but we can't do it without the help of people coming out and having some fun.
Speaker 1: I think this is going to blow a few people away. I mean, this has the markings of a really good, long standing.
Speaker 4: You bet, I hope. So that was Katie's vision that this would be one that people look forward to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's build one for twenty thirty years.
Speaker 4: See how it was to get way after ee.
Speaker 2: We do, so, how do we get tickets for this? How do we get on board?
Speaker 5: So you can go to our website it is BARTLESVILLEUW dot org. Tickets are still available. There's a little box in there and this says a little hanked or dark.
Speaker 3: You just click on that you can.
Speaker 5: Buy your tickets. We do only have eight tables left. So we started with about thirty. We only have about eight left, so tickets are going quick. We do have some so available, but they're going fast. So if you think that you want to come, but you should want to come, then go get your ticket as soon as possible because once we're out, we're out, and we're really you know, fingers crossed and we will sell out on this a bit.
Speaker 2: What's she entertainment?
Speaker 4: Well, that's a good question. We're working on some possibilities. Uh, do you have any suggestions. We're looking at hula d answers. We thought about a still drum van, but we think it would be too loud. I think we're going to have a DJ.
Speaker 3: We are, Yeah, we're going to have DJ. Tropics is going to be there, so it's going to be.
Speaker 5: Really fun with him.
Speaker 3: We yeah, we've got some things up our sleeve.
Speaker 5: But we are really excited because Jonie Nash is going to be our auctioneer. Yeah, and if you know her, you know she comes as I like to call them, her cowboy callers.
Speaker 3: She comes with her cowboy callers and and that in it.
Speaker 5: So if it's just pure entertainment, So we're really excited about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I mean that brings up a good point. We're looking for auction items. So if you have something an experience that we could we could auction off, that would be fantastic or an item we're still you know, the committee is looking and asking people, but we'd love to have you part of the event if you if you have something like that, maybe we negotiate a ticket for you. I you know, we can work on that. But we don't want to give away all our secrets to the events because we want people to come and see what. It's going to be so very good.
Speaker 2: So it's Aloha after dark.
Speaker 1: It's going to be out there at the New Osage Casino on sixty right, just kind of a kiddy from the airport there next to the Rodeo. And it's July.
Speaker 3: What July twenty sixth twenty It starts at six pm.
Speaker 2: All right, and you just go to the website to get you tickets.
Speaker 4: Yes, you can, or you can call us, or you can come in.
Speaker 3: Yes exactly, yes, yeah, yeah, we.
Speaker 4: Are definitely we're going to get some new ones in so we sure toss out there. I know, yes, I'm the designated Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, but it is. You know.
Speaker 1: It is so fun to be a part of this and I'm looking forward to everyone just having a blast and raising money so that we can continue with our partner agencies across the footprint and make sure they're base.
Speaker 2: Taking care of us.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, oh.
Speaker 2: Thank you for being in here, Thanks for.
Speaker 4: Sharing, smile, thank you.
Speaker 2: We appreciate you folks. You've been watching and listening to our community connection