Speaker 1: Welcome to the Marvel Alliance Podcast, recover anything and everything to do with the Marvel Universe, with the comics, TV and movies. We'll go from verse six one six to the Mojo Verse to the TVA in order to bring to Marvel Us right to you. I'm a man without fear of Chris.
Speaker 2: And I'm Travis Alliance SEMO volume.
Speaker 1: Two hundred and eighty nine and we are, you know, eleven episodes away from three hundred.
Speaker 2: You you all had.
Speaker 1: You know, Travis is returning to us this week. I've been off for two weeks. He subbed in for me last week when I was coming back from vacation. David is out on assignment this week, but we are very much glad to have you back and looking forward to you actually talking about content, because those who don't know Travis has a very unfortunate history when he comes in on Marvel lines. Usually it ends up being when whoever he's sobbing for. It didn't matter who it was, Me, Brent, other Travis, nowa Dadavid. It would always be a week that hey, we're doing an evergreen topic, or the news was just in so so. But you know, David felt bad and he said, you know what, I have a I have a long night ahead of me. I've got a lot of stuff with work. Let's give Travis Travis a bone so he can maybe break this curse. And why not have him joined me for the Spider maniler breakdown?
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm gonna be asked when David asked me Chris last week, I thought that somehow they pulled the Spider Man trailer back at a certain point. So I'm glad we've got to see it. It wasn't a dream and I'm actually here talking big good content. Not she helped the episode before Daredevil shows up.
Speaker 1: Yep, So I mean we once then we'll have a couple of good weeks going on with Daredevil. So you know, even if the news is like, well we have Daredevil for a good couple of weeks, but we have David is in the chat saying good evening, Jens, happy birthday to me. Yes it is my birthday. I'm a little older, a little wiser, and I thank you Travis for filling in. So but yeah, yes, so yes, there no comic book come bork tonight. You probably already had though you are ahead now. But yes, we will get back to combook Club officially when David returns next week. So thank you all for bearing with us at that point. But again, Comic book Club, it's always there. It's always good time to start reading at that point. But we've got a trailer breakdown, so you may no homework assignment tonight, but we've got a good trailer breakdown. So but how have you been this week, Travis.
Speaker 2: I've been good, Chris. Like you mentioned earlier about our three hundredth episode, we've been tiptoe around that for a couple of weeks. I've been just doing some digging. We're going to taplate some of the older episode. It's leading up to three hundred and yeah, some of the just the places DC's been in the last five six years is pretty crazy. Also pretty crazy. I think we both have done almost three hundred episodes. But besides that, tomorrow's Friday, so I can't really complain. I'm happy that the week is over.
Speaker 1: What about yourself, Well, I just said today's my birthday. At if you're watching live, that would be Thursday my birthday. If you're listening to this after that, well, it was my birthday forty two years young.
Speaker 2: Don't look at day or Thurday, my friend seen some.
Speaker 1: Stuff at that point. But yeah, getting well, you know, it's been a good week. We had some really rough storms come through the Ara that involved no school on Monday. Luckily, thankfully nothing nothing happened that was too. You know, we had some tornadoes touchdown outside of our area, but it was dangerous enough to you know, making the right call to always safety in mind. So but but yeah, the week'spent. We've been good, coming back from break and looking forward to a nice warm weekend. You know, I don't know how warm it's getting where you are right now.
Speaker 2: We're getting snow tonight at its minus and the last week it was in the pluses. So it's all over the place here on this island as per usual. But we just honestly wake up and take the day as it comes because the weather could change out of time. We don't, thankfully have those kind of storms that you have, but we have various different weather cycles.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's one of those where you know, who wants to deal with it. But yes, overall, happy to be back, looking forward to breaking down the spider mantur, so let us get that underway. Before that, we got to do our lovely network plug. So we are part of the Geegulti Mid Alliance with six shows covering the wide range of peek airon Nerdom. This seas the full schedule, check out the shown It's blow and subscribed to the Geegultimate Alliance network on Twitter at Gwaypod Networks when all the shows drop. We also have a Patreon so if we want to throw a couple of shekels our away, we've got two tiers or dollar tiers or tip jar to say hey, you think we're doing a good job. And then we've got our five dollar turth ad for episode early this episodes and Patreon exclusive shows. We've got a couple of shows in the backlog we had Marvel Alliance, have got we can watch this all day, the Marvel a Liance Infinite Saga, Rewatch Tales from the House of X where we watch the our favorite films from the Fox airf X Men. And they've got the Baxter Broadcast, the Fantastic for retro film reviews. You all have DC Alliance, have got the DC your DC film through the years. Joe's got his Multiverse Minutes, Disney Deep Dives looking at the Disney Animated classics chronological order on the first and fifteenth of every month, and some lovely back content that the patrons we hope you are enjoying. We can't do this with Doster Report, so we want to thank you. But if you're not a member of our patreon, we would love for you to go to www dot patreon dot com back last Day Network to get to join the Geeglesman Alliance and uh hopefully you know, enjoy all that lovely conte we got. I don't even know how much content's on there, but it's a lot. But if you're not a member of our patreon and can't can't join it, we totally understand. But if you want to take thirty to ninety seconds and written reviews and apples and Apple podcasts, Spotify, Amazon Music wherever you get those you know, lovely podcast podcasts, you know again it's you know wherever we get lots of different areas, and you know, we want to say last, but certainly not least, we want to thank our official sponsor, panel Boundcomics dot com for onto us hardcover collective editionees JP and the Crudo at PBC have got it going out with excellent customer service immaculate patching ships around the world. This is probably getting to be the last week for the early bird cutoff, for the final order cutoff of these new pretors. You know we're talking about brand day. We get that preorder locked in for the art of the movie that's going to be on sale in August. Got Legion, Omnibus coming back into print. We've got Spider Man by Chips of Darsky, Blood Hunt, Poe Dammer, and Omnibus. Lots of different things coming at you. I've got two codes. You can use Marvel g a I check out to get two dollars off every single order, or use m g U a sit to get five percent when you order four or more books together. We want to thank them for being our official sponsor. All right, get that there and take that there off the screen so the moment is upon us, and thank you bears a layer for the birthday wishes.
Speaker 2: I like the level up day. I might have to steal.
Speaker 1: Yes, that is that is that is his thing, that's his anyone's. The birthday is always the level up day. And you have a particular affinity of a level up day. You know, right, you're gonna level up their flash.
Speaker 2: Oh oh we are the flash. Oh my god, just the first season was so good. Yeah, well let's talk about.
Speaker 1: Yes so, but yes, the let so. We've been hearing about this since last week, lots of rumors. He kept on getting discussed and a lot in a lot of Scooper madness. You never know what to believe. But it was gaining traction that the first official teaser trailer for Spider Man Brand New Day was dropping this week. Once we found out that the Dune three trailers dropping on Tuesday, well we figured at a point it was going to be dropping the next day. At least, you know, there's friendly competition, but they're also not going to take away from each other's each other's fan base. But so you know, before we break it down, what was your kind of high level thoughts on the first teaser.
Speaker 2: I can't believe how much I smiled through this, seeing how lonely and sad Peter was the majority of this. But then I realized and remembered one of my favorite scenes in the entire trilogy before that was when he was leaving for Spider Man in the first film and has to watch all his friends playing and enjoying, And I just got with great power comes great responsibility vibes, and the same thing here, Chris when we get into the trailer. But that's the vibe that I got that and I just kept thinking after the second half of the trailer, neogenic recombinator. I don't know why, but that just kept popping into my head, And Yeah, I just love this trailer. I can't wait to get into it. And this Spider Man seems like we're just building off the past events of the prior three and this is a little bit more street level vibe for the film, which I'm glad coming off the multiverse madness we had of the last one. Yep.
Speaker 1: So this title is off of this storyline event Spider Man Brand New Day. This is actually the first follow under the album. There are two that are released a third one on it that concludes this saga of Brand New Day. It is a time in Spider Man that is post post that that a little event that shall not be necessarily developed up where we'll just call it where Mephisto basically Peter Parker makes it both Mefisto to end his marriage in order to save his aunt's life and that the world would forget who Spider Man is outside of the ones who do officially know, so no more, no more marriage, ending a long, long, long history of that. Peter Parker and Mary Jane are no longer married. They were together at one point, but we actually covered one moment in time, which is a follow up to One More Day at that point, so we are you know, it's just based on that kind of idea of a new beginning for Peter. There's also another comic that will be will be referencing towards the end of this trailer of what's happening to Peter that they seem to be kind of homaging and bringing forward. But let's pull up the trailer. I was, I'm like you, I was very just very happy. I've seen this a bunch of times already to be very excited for it. But this officially picks up four years later from No Way Home.
Speaker 2: Which is quite a time jump when you think about it, like that's that's quite a jump for the characters. So I hope we don't have too much filling in between. I hope it still keeps to pay something on.
Speaker 1: The film, all right, So we are pulling it up now.
Speaker 2: Sad vibes yep.
Speaker 1: So we see trailer opens as we see Peter Parker and his new Spider Man suit, sporting that shiny new websuitters sitting upside down in the skyscraper as we see New York Skyline. No longer hanging upside down with friends or anyone. He is alone, and now he's watching that social media post by Ned and MJ excited start at mit. But this is four years later, so we don't know if there's going to be a time if this is seeing in the present when he did see it and then it's gonna flash four four years later, or he's just seeing, you know, reliving what was done four years later at that point because he's in New York, you know, so, and we're going to see he's going to be in the same They're going to come back to New York. So I don't know if there's gonna be a time jump or anything like that. But obviously MJ admits that she's never been happier than ever before, but Peter's not with her, and she.
Speaker 2: Got to be a gut punch, Chris, It got to be a gut punch because she she doesn't really she doesn't really express that and I will say, jumping into what you just said, I do think just thinking about it, this might be we get a cold open like this where he watches that and then after he takes in some bad guys or something on the street, though, then we go to four years later. Maybe, yeah, that would be.
Speaker 1: That would be kind of my thing because that was after watching a bunch of times. Why would they, you know, again, four years later? Why would we be watching something four years ago and we're jumping ahead and they're back in New York. So you're I think you're right. I think we're going to get that that kind of montage we kind of see at the end of this trailer. Yes, fighting bad guys and going forward. So I think that's a very good, very good theory. I do subscribe to that. But this is a new Peter that we haven't gotten before. You hear Simon's a bicker and his size puts that mask on. This is going back to work, and you know as we get down down this, you know it takes that fall. This is I just want to say, the suit looks the suit looks amazing. This cloths suit, it looks amazing. This is a pet, This is a suit that he's no longer a tech it's one that he is designed. It's not outfitted with all Stark tech or anything like that. This is Peter going back to back to formula as it were.
Speaker 2: No gadgets either, just seems like him in his webshooters. That's it.
Speaker 1: So this is the first time we've kind of shot for in the mask, seeing his eyes as he free falls, highlighting the changing characters we as since the world has forgotten about Peter Parker, we don't see this perspective very much, you know, outside of you know, it's very much iron man.
Speaker 2: Esque, you know, yeah, but I think of the same thing.
Speaker 1: But he's emotionless, he's focused on being the hero, but he's clearly chained by the one he loves, and he's trapped in the role of Spider Man in this new suit. And this is the thing I'm gonna point out a few times. He he does not have a life outside of Spider Man, and that is one of the most dangerous times for Peter Parker, for any hero, they're they're even even the ideas of any any hero just in general. Superman's dealt with it, things like that. But when Peter goes fully in and just goes into just being Spider Man. It is never ends up in a good result. Even Batman's tried it in the comics and it just turns. I mean, Batman can be a royal jerk a lot of times, but when he just said I'm just gonna be Batman the whole time, that's not a good thing. He needs Wayne, Peter needs. Spider Man needs Peter Parker Clark, Superman needs the Clark. Can't they need their alternative. But he has no one. So he's in a very unique position where nobody knows who he is. People he loving care about don't know who he is. He is out there alone, so this is the only thing he can hold on to.
Speaker 2: And the reverse has happened in comics as well, where Peter will try to get rid of his Spider Man's side. Like I remember the old school comics where he took he tried to make an antelope for himself and he spread it out the arms. It became not sweet Man Spider. But I'll say, like six arms Spider Man. Like that happens too when he tries to get rid of the Spider size. So, like you said, this is just a reverse of this where he's fully non Spider Man and nothing with Peter Parker, like nobody knows who he is.
Speaker 1: Yep, but I think that was a cool shot at that point, hearing him breaden.
Speaker 2: Really add to that.
Speaker 1: So he's reading that note, he's reading that note where that he was going to give to m J, you know, saying I'm Peter Parker. You don't remember me, you know we used to know each other. But someone's bad is going to happen. Everyone forgot why is it's but because I'm not just Peter Parker, I'm Spider Man. And he's saying monologue and who walks in? He sees who does he see?
Speaker 2: Well, he's I thought you meant who walked into the apartment. I was like, nobody, Oh my Ned? But Ned looks not exactly like he used to look the years of a little different.
Speaker 1: The actor has lost lost some way in real life at that point.
Speaker 2: So I just meant his face he seems more like like his hair is down and a little bit of a different vibe. That's all.
Speaker 1: But look how I'm sorry, Look how bad Peter looks. Peter looks bad, like bags under his eyes. He you know, he sees his friend, and you can see him just longing to want to call out to him and just give him a hug, but he can't.
Speaker 2: You know, because it'll be weird for this random guy to come up and talk to me. And they don't even know him from school, because if you recall the end of the previous maybe all of the school trips in that block, like he's not in any of them. Really he is, but you can't see his face or anything, so none of his classmates remember him either.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we see him seen him by the washing machine with watching alone, washing his his spider suit, you know, a first for the WebCrawler because we've only seen him use textsuits, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, even in the comics, he had to do this and put a bag over his head while he's washed his clothes. Back in the old days, all right, not theeing.
Speaker 1: What's pointed this out. We know based on what we've heard is that the Spinder and Brand New Day takes place after Daredevil Born Against season two. So if you don't want what we are assuming is a an inadvertent spoiler that they've decided to put out here, can disappear for about like thirty seconds three to one getting the key to the city. Usually get the key to the city from the mayor. Yeah, and this is this is the mayor's kind of I wouldn't call her deputy or anything like, you know, kind of right hand person. But she is handing them this and it's not Kingpin. So what's happened with Kingpin? We also know that the showrunner Are Born Again season two has said that they will conclude the Kingpin mayor King Pink storyline in season two. Conclude just means to bring into clothes. We don't know what's gonna happen to king Bean.
Speaker 2: We don't know.
Speaker 1: I it's gonna be mayor. We just said that storyline is gonna be concluded. But is she the mayor? Is she just like presenting the key on the mayor's behalf we're making we're making them jumping into assumptions that just saying she's the mayor. But I don't think that's a jumping to conclusion. That is far far outside of the romal possibility because again, who usually gives the key to the city, the mayor.
Speaker 2: She is one hundred percent of the mayor, like the Kingpin is not gonna be mayor after this season of like Hunting nine heroes, Like that's gonna end not well for him. I do think he's gonna transition himself into more of the kingpin role that we've known him as. With the white suit in the background. I think he's gonna say something like holding Mayor's office, Like that's not power to me, Like that's too out of the open. I gotta be behind the scenes for now. I do you think I see something like that where he's a bit more like the comic book counterpart rather than like he's been right out the open this entire show run as a businessman.
Speaker 1: You see Nad and MJ. Wathington just watching it, and it almost looks like, you know, MJ is kind of longing for something. What do you think, Like, oh, yeah, he's trying to sort something out.
Speaker 2: Chris, we don't hang on those looks that line if we're not trying to tell the audience something with this, And that's exactly what they're trying to say. It's like she still feels something inside of her, but she can't explain what if that is or why that is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's the big going on is like by the end, it is the spell going to be broken. We don't know. I'll have to kind of, well, I'll be kind of some ideas.
Speaker 2: We'll think about reverse mephists though.
Speaker 1: So we see him looking at this key, but I think he's kind of looking at this key. It's like, this means nothing to me, like the cool Yeah, he can't, he can't celebrate May's dad. Nobody again, nobody remembers who he is. He's got no friends or anything like that. Like my question is what is he doing for money? Like that's my That's what I'm going to be very curious about, is what is he doing to make money?
Speaker 2: I think we get an expartment. I think we get an explanation of well, I'm not sure if that's his compartment though I can't actually maybe it's not. So yeah, never mind, scratch my explanation. I thought he would just be working for the Bugle.
Speaker 1: But yeah, you know, at the end of the day, he's Spider Man. That's his full focus and that's all that's all he can do.
Speaker 2: Sold May's house.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's just a cool, cool shot, you.
Speaker 2: Know, that's awesome and again superstreet level, which I love.
Speaker 1: And I also like the the instrumental version of the Spider Man Spy. I it's it. I like it because it's a mix of like kind of a little happy but also a little melancholy, a little sad for what's going on with Peter.
Speaker 2: I did go humming that the rest of the day after watching this, and yeah, this looks great. This. I do like the action we've seen so far in the swinging and there we.
Speaker 1: Go, there we go, Yeah, we gotta go back and he gets hit by the Punisher mobile. Frank Castle we know he was cast in this. We see our first look at Frank Castle returning as the Punisher. Now we don't know when his special presentation mini movie is coming out. My guess is I don't know if it's going to come up immediately after Born Again or after Spider Man. I don't know. They like sometimes spreading these things out a bit, but we have no official release time on that.
Speaker 2: But he after spoder Man, but before Avengers, is my guess.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could. Yeah, I think that's what it's going to really end up happening, just to kind of say, oh, Punisher's what's this about? And it's cool just because the first appearance up Punisher was in Spider Man was in a Spider Man comic, so it is kind of that homage. But obviously they've encountered each other because he's like, what the hell, Frank.
Speaker 2: And he got the door window with the little slide so that he can stick us gone at it and not break his whole wind jill, which is awesome and funny what happens after And the.
Speaker 1: Thing is only Frank would need to think that, because how many times is he going to need to shoot straight out and keep on replacing windshields. But he's got this little grenade launcher and Peter Spider Man webs it up and Frank's got a perfect response, suit yourself.
Speaker 2: Shoot them. I do love this. This is awesome and I love that how he.
Speaker 1: Just kicks it through the window and just at the that's a cool move for Peter to do.
Speaker 2: It's it's awesome, and he's a go home Frank, which is like classicspiring and I just again got so much. This is part of why I was grinnin. But it's all over the place here. This is fun, but we also know he's not in the greatest headspace even though he's doing this stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like you quit your whimpering and you know he beves to drop the the NF line on him, but you know, Peter webbs him up. And that's and I think that's what people worried about with how are they going to nerve the punish her in this? And you know it's it's it's one of the things that they're gonna They're gonna be tongue in cheek about this. That doesn't mean that Frank Castle is going to be forever nerved at this point. There's gonna be a special personation as basically rated R. That's that's what it is. And John Bernhaal has been so protective of doing the character that he wouldn't have agreed to do that be in this if he didn't feel that there was some kind of balance that it's still preserved who his interpretation of the character is, which I think, in my opinion, is one of the best, if not the best interpretation of Frank Castle in live action.
Speaker 2: Oh, I agree about the best interpretation of Frank Castle in live action. But also when spoder Man and Punisher came up, spider Man tries to stop punish her from having a lot of casualties or like killing just like the Air Devil does like that's something that's part of this. And again, Frank, I've seen Punisher interact with Spider Man in animation and in comics, and I do see sometimes where Punisher does lighten up his way of things when he teams up with spoder Man. Like not super crazy, but like again, I do think this is work. And like you said, Bernehal is very protective of the character, so I don't think he's just going in anything for a payday or anything like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think it could be very cool to see how both Spider Man and Frank. You know, how Spider Man annoys him with his quips, getting it in his way stop him from getting his target. It's at least clear that we're getting the same thing. But Spider Man isn't a fan of the way Punisher deals situation. He'd rather handle it on his own. And obviously, as like I said, they've encountered each other before, so he knows who he is, but he doesn't want to take him to jail, so that's interesting. Though he webs him up, he webs his mouth, but leaves him to be. He doesn't try to sweb him up and leave him for the cops.
Speaker 2: We also got to remember that this is coming off the events of Daredevil's season two because that is before spoder Man, right, So yeah, we don't know how Frank ends up after, like like he might have a better position in terms of the public sentiment for New York City after taking King Vinn's operation, So like, I don't know how spoder Man views him after that either, because he's basically been killing everybody before this. So who knows how the events of There Devil season two will affect this. I know it does, so yeah, tell him go home, Heartbreak City.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so he says that it even yes, Peter Parker, you know that he has to make those sacrifices, even if it breaks Peter Parker's heart. And so we see he's at a party, a house party, and he sees MJ getting close to someone who is played by Ammon as Fondie and he plays Ezra Ezra in uh you know Ahsoka, so this time but without the beard. A lot of people have theorized that he is playing the character of Paul, which is a very much loath character new character in the comics that that spoiler used to be tied to MJ. They have since now broken up. She has broken up with him, I know, yeah, but they're not. But that's not getting Peter and MJ together. That has been. They're still trying to be friends at this point, but there's a Mary Jane being venom is not something that I had in my Bengal card for this year.
Speaker 2: No, and even in the game I have to talk.
Speaker 1: For another day. But yeah, so we did. This was gonna be an evil that MJ was gonna be tied to someone in this movie that was gonna like tear out at Peter's heart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's rough, but again that's part of That's one of my favorite scenes in the first trilogy is Tara his heart. He wants to be with Liz but has to go do spoder Man stuff. And right, here's the exact same thing he wants to tell her. Well, it's not exact same. He just don't want to tell her because of what could have happened to her because she knows spoder Man's identity. So uh, he thinks he protected her. But most time in all comics, when we see this, it doesn't work. And let's say here we see why.
Speaker 1: So yeah, if he falls down saying what's happening to me all of a sudden collapses, wakes up and is in a cocoon outside. So a couple of things with this. So this is what I think is one of the most fascinating that Now we heard rumors of this early on in filming that they were going to be kind of Peter was going to be changing. Peter's going to be evolving in this, and we thought, oh, like becoming the hero, you know, without the tech. No, it's going to be that like he's going through metamorphosis kind of like how you know what sometimes the Spider does. We're going to see different things. Now when he does this, you hear the web shoot come out, but we don't see it. I'm very confused by this because we know at this point he's gaining the ability to have organic webbing.
Speaker 2: Yes, because because.
Speaker 1: Look when when we get to the next sequence and just saying the man's in tiptop shape, he I mean me, knew Tom Hall has gotten his shape for a Spider Man role, but I think he's taking it to a new level with this.
Speaker 2: Oh, agreed, agreed.
Speaker 1: And so he's grabbing onto something you know clearly he's I mean, look at those look at those arms. I'm jealous, I'll tell you that much.
Speaker 2: And I mean, who's to say it's not possibly that black coup.
Speaker 1: I could be.
Speaker 2: I mean I think it's organic webshooters, But.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, I put the factor of fiction out there a couple of weeks ago that you know, we're gonna see some sort of some sort of another hint towards the symbia. But I don't think it's gonna be until towards the end of the movie. But this is the metamorphois. Is he's going to now gain organic webbing. Now. I remember in the in the movies with you know, told Maguire that one of the things that irked a lot of us combook fans was that, wait a minute, he's gotting organic webbing. You know, that's not Spider Man.
Speaker 2: Then.
Speaker 1: One of the things that made Spider Man so cool and unique was that he had to make his own web shoots. He's a scientist, That's how he kind of you know, always think that he could he could run out because he doesn't have enough cartridges. But you know, then they brought that I can't remember it was before after they burn comics to what they're hinting at it as kind of metamorphosis and changing. There's a storyline of the Spider Man comics called The Other and it basically kind of goes through Peter Parker does go through this metamorphos and it is tied to the idea of the Spider Totems that throughout the multiverse, different Spider Man characters are a totem if you know very much. You know the Spider Verse movies kind of deal with this a little bit, but this deals with it with the Inheritors Morland. This the the the vampires that feed off the Spider Totems at that point. So I don't think we're gonna go that deep into it, but I think they're taking the idea of what the Other storyline into and not only enhancing out of the organic web shooters was a big change. His spider senses were escalated to the level leven. His strength was done, his webbing improved. I mean you literally see in probably one part of the chair that his webing is going to break apart swords, you know, and it's going to be able to handle things that he was not a The webbing was strong to begin with, but because it was it wasn't it wasn't you know it was it was tech based, so it could only be so strong.
Speaker 2: And I would appreciate I would appreciate it more in a TV series. I think if he had his own web shooters, because then if you handle different villains, he could like change his web shooters around if he's going to get so dro Man and stuff like that, like you could change in Ran But when you're into movies, like that's not kind of something that you usually do, like as a storyline. So like, I'm okay with this organic shooters. I don't think you're going to touch a Spider Spider Totals with a ten foot pole after Madam Web. So I just think it'll just be like Spider metamorphosis or maybe the stress of just focusing solely on Spider Man and not on Peter parker'sodcs in this, and well, I.
Speaker 1: Think Spider Totems they you know, you don't need to introduce Madam Web necessarily need no, I just you could bring it. You could bring in Morland and the Inheritors and not have to touch on Madam Web for a little.
Speaker 2: Bit and let it breathe a little bit more. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but Uh, but yeah, before we continue breaking down the rest of the show, we're going to take our first ad break. So the listeners these ad to help keep the lights out of the Gey Cultimate Alliance Network, but don't choose what hads come on and they could be a pit Lowt's give it a three count before they come on. Three two one, we'll be right back. All right, we're back. So, uh continuing on, Uh, you know, he's obviously going to want to figure out what's going on. Oh yeah, so he's getting scanned. Now if you look at what it's going to say on the screen, superior it says enhanced human detected superior strength, superior ability, heightened senses, enhanced perception. So he's getting you know, you know, we know all this stuff, but it's interesting he's getting getting scanned like this and who could possibly be helping him out. Well, we're about to see doctor Bruce Banner. I need your help. So we knew that, uh, Mark Ruffalo is going to be the quote unquote mentor for this. Every single movie has had some sort of mentor, and he is at Bruce Banner is now a professor at a C. E. S U. Which is Empire State University, which is basically the MCU's version of n y U. Now I don't know if Peter's going to E s U. He he does in the comics is a student from E s U.
Speaker 2: He's also getting his ged at the end of Spider Man trilogy.
Speaker 1: He was, so that he could either just be wearing it to kind of pass as a student, or he could be legitimately going there. He is doctor Banner. In the background, he is teaching about Lettis's latest quantum dynamics, and while I honestly have no clue clue what that means, it definitely sounds like it connects with quant the quantum, the quantum dynamics, the quantum. Well, so now we're getting now we're getting ant Man, Now we're getting shunk Chin Legend of the Ten Rings post credit. He's also wearing something on his hand that we were kind of introduced to and she Hulk. That allows him to return to his human form and not have to worry about the Hulk. But we also have heard that this movie will witness the return of Savage Hulk.
Speaker 2: So oh yes, so something's gonna happen with that. I wonder if the hand have anything to do with it. I'm curious, and.
Speaker 1: He says, what do you say? Her name was? Now on screen, Peter Parker and Bruce Banner have never met. He Bruce Banner has met Spider Man.
Speaker 2: They were both at the funeral, but.
Speaker 1: We don't know if they ever had and you know, will and could assume they got an introduction, but we never saw Hi. Hi, I'm Peter Parker. Hi I'm Bruce Banner. We never saw that that ever happened on screen. So yes, one could yes, they're at the funeral, but nothing was ever seen on screen, So but we could say, yes they if you're introduced somethings like that, just go going onto the idea. But in comics, Hulk remembered Peter and he calls out he knows who Spider Man is as Hulks Banner. A little different. The brain the brain separation is different. Be interesting.
Speaker 2: Maybe they'll call it, maybe they call it back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so senses are going haywire because now they're adding a more extreme level. He's it's going to be interesting to see.
Speaker 2: This spot Man. Yeah, series vibes a little bit where its.
Speaker 1: Webbed up around the room. He's getting used to his new organic webbing. He's saying, the mutation is getting enormously dangerous. Now, the question is what is pulling Peter like this? I think you yeah, I think he's facing the Hulk.
Speaker 2: Oh for sure, you send him that fire?
Speaker 1: Yeah about the Grave of May.
Speaker 2: Can we pass for one second to talk about the fact that we've got to give a little bit of credit to Keith David because his voice is awesome and I love his narration about the spiders life cyclest and stuff like it.
Speaker 1: Just yeah, yeah, Spider's got three cycles. When between cycles they can leave the spider vulnerable to threats, and for those spiders who make it through, it amounts to a kind of rebirth. So this is this is Keith David. You are exactly right. We don't know if he's watching or gonna be gotting through a museum hearing about this. It could be a voice we haven't heard at. Keith David is efficient, you know, we know it's his voice. It's very distinctive. Like you said, I have a feeling he's watching something about spiders and things like that, and Keith David just happens to be also one thing in this trailer we don't see. We don't see Tombstone. This is not a trailer that introduces Tombstone at all. That's gonna definitely come with the next one.
Speaker 2: He might even get his like him for the first minute of the trailer. I doubt it, though, Spotty man. She had this spotman there.
Speaker 1: Yes, So we're gonna see in a little bit of person locked up wearing a green outfit and well French containment soon who's eager to get out those exploding all around huge reveal about to be happening. So we don't know who's so we don't know who that is. That's City Sink. Yeah, that's Sadie Sink. That's that's the first you know, we don't know, but that those those hands are very very very much female hands.
Speaker 2: Do we have confirmation of who she's playing yet? Okay, I think it was Typhoid Mary.
Speaker 1: So, but we do get him, like you know, the cops are there. He's opening up this tank and sees an old woman who's running the tank looking very confused, and something that this wishes goes over and the something takes over. This cop smiles wood wishes up. Now this is we're gonna say, Sadie Sink has been very much hinted at. She is gonna be the MC's introduction to Jean Gray. She is Jean Gray. Yes, really, it's yeah, really, that's that's the biggest that's the biggest hint. Okay, yeah, that's that's that's been the biggest talk. And I know again it could be completely off, but there's been more and more, not just because everyone's like, oh, of course she's doing Gray. She got right hair. That's not just a lot of the stuff that has been hinted around. That's the biggest thing. Could she be dreingngaged, could be someone else, But this kind of power set, Jean has the ability to you know, take over mind. She is an Omega level mutant in the comics. She has a higher telekinetic telekinesis ability to have this. Now, why is she taking over other minds? I don't know. But there's also been the idea that Frank is also trying to protect her. That's who he's trying to go after to protect her.
Speaker 2: Okay, so these people are going after her and yeah, Frank, Okay, that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So we get our first look at Tramela Tillman, who is the head of Damage Control saying we faced We're faced with the danger that we can't control, one that we can't even see. So the character that that we saw in the containment later seems to raise their arms. This is the secrets being close to the chest, but with people being controlled. The green coat, yellow hoodie feels a lot like in my think again, I think it's Jean Gray. But you know, again, it could be we could we could be missed, it could be something else. But you know, smell, we're smelling smoke now. The new of the D d E, the d O d C obviously looks like he's trying to work with Spider Man, but I don't trust him. I think he's gonna turn on him when Spider Man realizes what he's up to. That if he's trying to like trying to control and and imprison the citiesings character.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I don't think he's whatever. If Frank's against him, then yeah they're not.
Speaker 1: And we get our first look at the return of Michael Mando as Matt Gargan in his full scorpion suit. It looks pretty pretty, you know, awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's I'm digging it, and I just want to see how he gets turned into scorpion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just want to look at that. Bam, he's it's strength saying you're losing a kid and here yep. So yeah, we get this screw. We get the shot of Spider Man and MJ on a rooftop.
Speaker 2: Looks like there's lingering with them. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I don't know. I don't know if by the end the genie is gonna get out of the bag and people are going to start, one of them being MJ's gonna be the spell is going to be broken.
Speaker 2: Well, you do know if that happens like at the very it will be at the very end, and right after she finds it or just before it will cut to like incouragents coming around, and then he just transported to whatever's going on with the Avengers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you get the webbing.
Speaker 2: I love this.
Speaker 1: Amazing Fantasy fifteen cover shot. And we knew Daniel Deston had been trying to We saw in his trailers and screenshots that he was holding having comic covers, famous images of Spider Man that he wanted to get into this movie. Now, I'm with a lot of people, these aren't necesscessarily translated really well in this trailer, it looked that the the CG or at least how it's being filmed they're done, looks a little sketch. It's not crisp right now, which again, it's just the first teaser, plenty of time to hone it up. I just hope they do hone this up because it's just like, we could do better.
Speaker 2: It's gonna still be a little bit before this film is released, like July, right, So.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we get another screenshot and we get another you know, splash page from the comics. Yeah, this is him and Taranta, and we get our first look at the hand. They're in a prison. Spider Man looks like he's channeling somebody. He's got some you know, some black eyes there. I don't know, maybe that's Siby. It comes into action in the movie. Who knows. I'm not there yet.
Speaker 2: I can see it.
Speaker 1: I'm not there yet. Takes the webbing and again breaks that sword, which I don't think his webbing was there before. You know, that could do that, That could do that. I'm not necessarily by that is web could have done that before. But this is a different you know, the hand is looking very different than when it when we last saw them in Daredevil, but again, the hand has had many different incarnations and didn't mean that they could be uh all right, Now we get this shot, which is a cool shot with Spider Man face down the hand, and then we.
Speaker 2: Get this all this we wants shame on me for me twice, shame on you. This is this is gonna lead back to my Factor fiction. When we get to that, I just could that.
Speaker 1: I won't even ask you at that point, but I'm along with everyone. Something is there. But the only interesting thing is maybe maybe not is I just want to kind of see how they're So everyone seems to kind of be jumping.
Speaker 2: Up though.
Speaker 1: They're all looking up. So that's my only thing that's saying that that gives me a little bit of Paul is saying, yes, that's a lot of open space here. We saw what happened in the No Way Home trailer where we eventually saw all three Spider Man were in this big old space, but there also was more hints of not everyone was going after one Spider Man. Now they could have altered this to make it do that. And then then when we see the actual cuts, these guys down here were gonna be facing someone out here.
Speaker 2: Yeah they can. They can move those Ryan a little bit, those guys. So yeah, I do think that there is someone else in this shop.
Speaker 1: They there could be, but it just seems like, at least how they're presenting here, most of them are looking up at Peter.
Speaker 2: So maybe that's them learning from last time where Lizard's head was completely off space.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Ah, house, swimmering, gift, friendly neighbor. And my thing is, what is this as someone said, this serial killer look wall, the the spider Man, uh, little spider Man hungry. There a little spider Man stalking there.
Speaker 2: And that might be what what makes us makes him linger back there too, like she's trying to figure out some feeling she has a bag spider Man.
Speaker 1: But I also am a little worried. Like I said, Peter's looking rough. I know it's hard in the sense of like not having any like losing the people you love the most at that point. But man, if he's really living down the hall from them, if he is constantly like watching for going to the place wait where Ned goes to eat, or things like that, like purposely doing this to himself, that's a certain kind of paint he's inflicting on himself. That's torture. If that that is a little torture, and I'm I'm worried for Peter at that point. You know, that's it's stalking, let alone other things.
Speaker 2: You know, you don't say it was the best case here that he's a soccer.
Speaker 1: He's a soccer. I don't think there's it's a rough go yeah so, but yeah so it's you know, that was a cool line to end. I think that was a light. That was a nice little funny tag at the end. You know MC movies always do that as people growing him. But that was I thought was good. So a couple of my final thoughts. I would just want to share it. You know, there's a lot to take in from this trailer. The main thing is Peter's no longer having a balance period. He has no balance at this point. We don't know what he's doing, like I said, for money or anything like that. But the ninety five percent, i'd say over ninety percent of his life is now a spider Man. But he's going through this metamor for this a mutation as it were. Huh uh huh, Daniel Dustin Daniel Kredan, I know I messed up his name for so my apologies, Dustin. Daniel Cretin is already showcasing his distinctive visual look, channeling what he's done throughout his filmography, doing what he did amazingly well in Chunk Chi and The Legend of the Ten Rings. The action looks great, color grading is very fitting, and the movie is taking a huge focus on how Peter's life is changing and how that begins to affect him not only mentally but also physically. So I think I think we're in for a real treat.
Speaker 2: And I echoed those sentiments. I am excited for this film, Chris, I like, I can't wait. I loved what this then did before and now him getting into spot Man ring. Even the swinging so far, I'm digging. It gives me more amazing Spider Man vibes. So I'm all here for this. Yep.
Speaker 1: So July thirty first and all premium formatch. So, so we'll probably get We'll obviously get at least one. We're going to get two more trailers. The next one is going to be the story trailer where we're going to be more likely introduced to Tombstone officially. Yeah, I don't I'm still fifty to fifty on Sadie. I think we're gonna see Sadie sink, but I don't know if it's gonna be supposed to be called out as Jean Gray. I think we're gonna see Sadie. I don't know if they're gonna. I I'm a lot less likely to hear the words Geen Gray. I think that one they're gonna. I could, but again, I can see them scring this up and doing what they did in the previous Spider Man trailers and reveal the whole thing in the next one.
Speaker 2: Well, I'd be shocked if, like we get we don't see a funko pop or like the toy come out showing with her character, like I hope not, because I would hope this is the same thing as how they kept Adrian Tunes being Liz's fodder secret until the film, Like that was a lot that was better. I was afraid we're gonna reveal that in the trailers leading up to it, like like they were able to leave the Sorry the director was a fraid that and even said that, So yeah, the fact that they did this, I'm excited.
Speaker 1: As a bear's layers saying wonder if we're gonna get Peter trying to go to the X Men to get help with the metate, Well, we don't know if the X Men even exist at this point, you know, we haven't got all I don't think they do either. I think this is the beginnings of it. But I'm on board at this point. I think it's all but one step, one way for an official confirmation to say, do you think is our gene gray for the MCU, Which, again.
Speaker 2: I hope that's the case. I hope that's the case, but I'm still I'm still not certain yet. And he's going to Banner because Banner in this world is probably one of the more uh like smart people when it comes to mutations, considering heaters insult.
Speaker 1: And she could be the reason why he goes back into a savage state.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, maybe she's trying to escape too, and she uses him getting knocks that little piece off and bam.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So but all right, So that's our official trailer breakdown. So we do have one news item to kind of go into. It's a it's a lighter story. It's not it's not necessarily a nothing story, but it's kind of an it's a little has some interesting parts. So uh so let us go to our next ad breaks the listeners. As always, these ads to help keep the lights on the Gee Ultimate Alliance Network. We don't can choose what ads come on. They could be a bit loud to give it a three count before they come on, three two one. We'll be right back and we are back.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Let me write down this time before I forget all right, So the only news story this week is coming from looking at a kind of an interview that this is coming from the Hollywood Reporter that entitled Kevin Figi on avoiding Internet Discourse and the last time he saw Chadwick Boseman. So it's a unique peak behind the curtain. USC celebrated the dedication of the Kevin Figi Division of Film and Television Production at the USC's School of Cinematic Art. So this is a dedication at this point. But it was interesting because this panel discussion had some pretty big names. You had Kevin Figi, who you know, again is very famous for not talking to the press or doing these kind of things unless it's for a project coming out. But he's being honored at that point, so but he was joined in this discussion with Ryan Coogler, recent Oscar winner, and also Sean Levy, so all of kind of Marvel. You know, you got basically the head of Marvel Studios, You've got Brian Cougler, Black Panther director, and then you got Sean Levy from Deadpool and Wolverine. So they kind of talked about the idea of what they brought up first was the you know, looking at Internet discourse and you know, we see what James Gunn does with this in you know, threads and everything like that, debunking stuff, and so you know, the question kind of about like how do they handle this kind of thing, and so you know, Marvel's always had it back and forth with fans and and on letter pages in the back of the comics. But kem Fig said, but it can't be wielded with such force now that you have to be aware if you noted, referring to the power that sometimes dark of fandom on the Internet, the volume of what is being set online, if you focus too closely on it, it will crush you, he said, adding that there are hours and hours of theories on YouTube, hours and hours on TikTok, hours on suburn. You can read everything on everything and get a different point of view on it. You go crazy. We don't do that. Marvel finds the best way to get an early audience feedback is in the movie theater. It's test screenings. So basically, Fight is saying, I'm not James Gunn I'm not gonna address it. I'm not gonna talk about it. I'm just gonna let the fans do what fans do. And I think love it or hate it. He does even more using it, saying I'm gonna let the fans be fans. You know, I'm gonna let them do what they do. I had these theories great, right or wrong. Either way, they're talking about the product. They're talking about what we're putting out. That's what I think he's kind of saying, is that's why I don't like SmackDown theories or anything like that. Must have some of our frustration. But I do understand. I do see his point.
Speaker 2: It's the valid point to have, Chris, because you waste your time if you debunk some and don't debunk others, then they think that those others are real for sure, and it's not a great use of your time as the head of a studio. Or a head like I. Sometimes I do like James Gunn posting some stuff, but I do think he comments rather too much on there at times, and I think he should be focused on other things, and I think Foggy's giving a pretty good example of that. And also, you don't want to crush all the fan discourse. I found that happened a lot with the Peacemaker show that he was on. Right after every episode of Peacemaker, it was hired to come up with a lot of theories when you have him explaining the entire episode right afterwards, so you're kind of stuck there. So Yeah, I do think less is more at times for James Gonne. I think he's gonna learn that. But I do think Kevin Foggy was a little bit more front and center the first couple of years of the MCU as well, because we didn't have as many established stars that you can roll out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he goes on and says, it's like to us, how film students showing their films to their peers for feedback only. As Figi noted, it happens when you've already spent almost two hundred million dollars on a movie and you screen it for people and they're like, what was that? And then panic sets in Chimed and Sean Levy, you panic, you feel, you feel, you feel terrible, and then you go back to work. Figi admitted to not understanding early in his career that disappointing tests are something filmmakers deal with at every level. He said, I thought they were the only I thought we were the only morons that couldn't do it perfectly the first time and had to really work at it to make sure it's great. And turned out that Pixar would do the same thing. It turns out that the most great filmmakers. Figgy stopped short, turned to Kugler, asking was Sinners perfect from the first cut? And Cougar says no, and Chuckling adding, the most nominated film in Oscar history, I don't know if it's perfect even now.
Speaker 2: Bro perfection the proceed of perfection, yep.
Speaker 1: And so they get into There were other things, but then it came to Chadwick Boseman. Figgy and especially Kugler, has not spoken publicly much about the immediate aftermath the death of Black Panther starred Chadwick Boseman, who passed away in twenty twenty after succoming.
Speaker 2: Two years ago. Holy Yeah.
Speaker 1: But on Thursday, in front of the crowd, they opened up about those dark times. Figgi revealed that during his last in person meeting with Marvel execs, Bozeman expressed how much he was having, how much funny was having voicing the character to Challah the Black Panther in the MN show What If, and how he wanted to bring that vibe to the next Panther feature, which ultimately he never got a chance to make. The anecdote served to underscore Figy's broader point about how he took Bozeman and in fact took other colleagues in France for granted, he explained, on most movies people work very closely for a period and then may not see each other for years after the movie wraps. But with Marvel, there was always another movie to make, Another Panther, another Avengers, another Iron Man around the corner. We'll be back in there there was. That was always my expectation. So so the need to set a dinner or a lunch to say hi, I just never do because we were busy and we're going to be We're going to see each other next time. And then it hit me like a ton of bricks when I realized there wasn't gonna be a next time. That's pretty I mean again, Kevin Figgy is not the one to necessarily talk, and that's that's that is pretty impressive for him to kind of share out like that and to take that opportunity to be kind of be vulnerable like that.
Speaker 2: The most emotion that he's ever shown going to interview.
Speaker 1: Cougar meanwhile revealed that in the time after Bozman's death, Figging and Disney CEO Bob Iger flew to the actor's home in Oakland, all while COVID nineteen pandemic was still high. They came to our apartment in Lockdown and we walked around the Richmond Arena and just talked. And that was the first real check in and said. It wasn't hey, what we're going to do about the franchise, It was about, Hey, are you okay? How are you taking it? It was a real moment, and you see humility beyond the corporate things and financial responsibilities. Cougar recalled that period of profound experience and really tried to learn the lesson of not taking people for granted and not to fall into the I'll see you next time mindset. There was only one Chad bro and there was only one character that was really meant for him. And again it's a less in life you think everyone says there's you're never promised tomorrow, so you know, do whatever you need to do. But that's that's impressive, especially that you know Ryan Couger saying that they came there out of the goodness of their herd to check in on the people, including Bob Iger, which you know, they say what you want about him and not necessarily making you know, great personal things. When it comes to business, he does have those moments just like everyone like he didn't have to do that. He could have just like Kevin Viggy handle it right.
Speaker 2: You know, No, and illness and death kind of affects everybody, doesn't matter how much money you have or what titles you have. Eventually that's kind of the same fate. So yeah, that kind of stuff does jar anyone from time to time, no matter how like even if you're the CEO of Disney Company.
Speaker 1: So but I thought it was an interesting kind of you know, you don't get Kevin Viggy out of the record or that vulnerable at that point, so just you know, a sound of an interesting you know, look back.
Speaker 2: At there, but gave me some tips or James gun too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, again there's something to be said. I don't need James going to be Keim Figuin and Kevin James Gunn just you know, some something a different perspective. So but all right, uh so let us head into factor fiction and listener questions. So all right, let me pull up again. I'm gonna get factor fictions ready. Do you want to kind of read out some of the questions for this week?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got them right here. First question from David, what nickname do you see?
Speaker 1: One time listener, first time caller?
Speaker 2: Yeah, keep your chair warm here, David, what nickname do you think Frank will call spotter me in brand new Day? I was thinking of wall crawler, Yeah, insect webs webs while caller will get my vote?
Speaker 1: David, Yeah, I don't know's it's a it's a fun kind of fun kind of thing, you know.
Speaker 2: And the next one is from Anthony Dorsey, who has a bone to pick with one of the two of you not my lists, thank thankfully from last week. He says I'm a bit behind and just listened to this episode. It was such a quick lock. And I don't understand the reason to include Wanda Vision for the ten Multiverse Soka Projects to watch before Avengers Doomsday. I don't see how that show connects at all with what we know about Doomsday.
Speaker 1: I think the reason we we jumped to a quick saying yes for is because of one we don't. We don't know the status of Wanda for Doomsday. She could be and she could be not, she could be referenced in it. But I think we said yes to is was because of her her abilities to kind of break reality and what it turned into that could be the big getting some incursions because she was creating things that shouldn't have been created, and the ramifications for that. Okay, yeah, no, what do you what do you feel? Do you feel Wandavision's a they must see for the ten Multiverse sagas you gotta watch?
Speaker 2: No, because there's so much change in the evangelne up that I don't think it's a fun episode. But I don't think a fun show. But I don't think that would be the greatest use of time. You were just picking ten projects, I would probably pick something it's a few other things before that. Maybe it might land in the bottom of the list, but uh, I don't know. I don't say I don't say it because I would put Loki there before that, gotcha? Fair enough? All right?
Speaker 1: So fact are fiction. So this is from last week from you, and you're doing it again this week. As always a guest. There will not be another Miss Marvel eighty two percent in fact, eighteen percent in fiction. Yes, I'm agreeing with you. That would be a fact. Unfortunately, despite my love of that show. Same Number two Spider Man will have a speaking role in the next Spider Man Next to Me the next season of X Men ninety seven forty one percent in fact, fifty nine percent in fiction, and I will have to agree I do not see him having a speaking part whatsoever.
Speaker 2: Sorry, sorry, Travis, Yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: And number three Moonnight will not appear in Avengers Doomsday sixty eight percent in fact, thirty two percents in fiction. Yeah, I don't see moon Night there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought so as well, so my new ones. Yes. So to lead back to the trailer shot that we had, Daredevil will appear with spot Man to fight the Hand in the trailer in shot that we got or to the to Spider Man showing up in No Way home shot not the actual trailer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we would love it. We want to see, uh, we want to see a Spider in the kitchen. At that point, there's a Spider in the ELL's kitchen. And people always go back to what happened this past uh summer with Daredevil, with Brandon Davis and saying it was really cool to see you know Daredevil. It was Spider Man and his reaction because Charlie Cox didn't realize what they were watching because he can't see it from behind the stage, and Brandon Davis was referring to the you know friendly but Spider Man, and just Charlie Cox's reaction was just like wait a minute, that's the thing, you know, like almost like oh we can talk about this now right You're thinking was something else? Is Daredevil? In Spider Man Spider Man Brand New Day. God the heart wants it. God the heart wants it so much.
Speaker 2: The showrunner or somebody associated which show was interviewed a couple of days ago and said, a couple characters are going to find their way to spoder Man from Daredevil.
Speaker 1: Ye, so I want it. I'm going to say. I want to say fact, but it's not a hard fact at that point.
Speaker 2: Choose your heart, leave with your heart. Yes. My second one is Captain America will appear in the second season of Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider Man.
Speaker 1: I could see that. I could. I could definitely see that. I don't know. I don't think it will be voiced by Chris Evans. I think it will be voiced by Chris heavens light. But yeah, just because we know.
Speaker 2: We got the picture of Norman with Captain America on the wall, so why not go a little bit further? And the final one leading back to the trailer, Uh, the trailer bro trailer had. It's basically the biggest maybe trailer of all time. At seven hundred and eighteen point six million views twenty four hours, it basically doubled what Diploma Wolverine did. I'm going to just call a snive spider Man brand New Day will make at least one billion dollars at the box office. It will be another billion dollars Spider Man venture. You can check mark that in my opinion and place some bits on that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got to go back to my beginning of the year factor fictions, because I know I had something very similar to in the sense of like what I predicted. So you're saying, Spider Man No Way Home will be branded Day brand, It's gonna beat my brandy spider Man brand. New Day is the billion dollar movie.
Speaker 2: It's what you're saying, Yes, place your bets on it. This is from the same person who two and a half years ago told you to buy WBD stock the DC Alliance listeners when it was at seven dollars. And yeah, you know, you could have held it for longer than I did and just make FOD out more four dollars a share, but you know that was besides the point.
Speaker 1: So yes, I said, only one of the MCU movies will make a billion dollars.
Speaker 2: Okay, So so you know with the whole which one you're calling which one at that point?
Speaker 1: Well, it is you know, since basically no one thinks that Dune or Doomsday is moving the dates at that point, it is going to be interesting and that could make Spider Man. Spider Man being a character that is their world renowned, and.
Speaker 2: They he's more popular than the Avengers. He's more popular than the Avengers with the general audience. They'll know, Spider Man, I know.
Speaker 1: I could definitely sin, so I'll go fact on that one. Just you know it's it's coming at the end of the summer. I don't know. I don't know what's coming out after that that could have it because obviously it's after super Girl.
Speaker 2: So I think it's going to have the whole August to itself to just run.
Speaker 1: A wild August movie leases. Let's see, Let's see.
Speaker 2: What I'm more worried about Avengers Dooms say, becoming a cameo fist.
Speaker 1: I would worry about that. I'd worry more about I'd wore about Secret Wars becoming that.
Speaker 2: I'm just worried one of those films is going to give me crisis vibes from DCCW. Let's see what's going on?
Speaker 1: All right, So it is looking like, hmm, let's see twenty twenty six American Films twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: Let you sing it all right, March.
Speaker 1: You know you wish you'd try to find something that just says twenty Okay, here we go, We'll go to that, We'll go to the devil Fruit site. Alright, rotten tomatoes. See what we got for anticipated projects of twenty twenty six, alright, so June July, alright, August we've got the Paw Patrol movie, the Dino Dino movie, so no, uh, Insidious, the Bleeding World, and Flower. Yeah, I think August is locked up.
Speaker 2: If those are oh my god, this August, Chris, there's a good chance September is locked up.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, something else I'm trying to pull.
Speaker 2: The next blockbuster that I can say is Street Fighter, maybe Lord the Social Reckoning.
Speaker 1: Alright, so so August seventh, right now, Super Troopers three, one night only untitled Disney movie, August fourteenth, Flower, Flower Vale, Street Anna Hathaway, You and McGregor. August twenty first, mutiny in Citi's The Bleeding World, thread in Citious Tail air Bud returns. All right, there's a there's your cliffhanger. So that's the that's the you know, the Nick Mey is coming out the end of August. So yeah, there is no triple a major blockbuster on that because the Odyssey comes out two weeks before. Uh, spider Man, Brand New Day.
Speaker 2: Oh spider Man Brand New Days gonna go rough shot, rough shot over August in September.
Speaker 1: Yep, So so yeah, that's I was curious to see how how much you said August is locked up like that? Okay, yeah, all right, so you got them all out, yep, all right, we will post We will post those on Sunday afternoon. Let your voices be heard. So, like I said, Compo Club, we'll be back next week when we break down episode one, possibly two episodes. I'm thinking it's right now. There's some debate of whether it's gonna be one episode or two episodes coming out, but whatever it is, we're breaking down at least the first episode of Daredevilbourne against season two. There may be two episodes. We'll break them both down, but that will be kind of the the bulk of the next couple of weeks for Marvel lines. We've got content, we have content, consistent faces. Sorry to see lines, So challenge you'll get yours. You've got lanterns in August.
Speaker 2: We've got to talk about green. We just we've got to talk this week the colored green and this annoying crap show that came from it. Oh my god, no you don't.
Speaker 1: You don't, don't feed into that hate.
Speaker 2: There's nothing else to talk about.
Speaker 1: Ah, yes, we've been Yeah, so's touch anyways. So yes, we will return with Compook Club Age of Old John issue number three next week. So but Travis, as always, thank you for two weeks on duty calls. David will be back next week and but yeah, so tell people how they can follow you and plug DC Alliance.
Speaker 2: You can find me in the you got on Twitter at Travis Underscore one, five six. You can drop me a long, We can chat a bit pretty much anything. Host two shows on the podcast network here, DC Alliance, where we're, like Chris alluded to, in a slow content space right now, but we have our three hundredth episode coming up where we're going to look at some old episodes and see how far DC has come. We also I also host the Animation Nation, looking at animation across multitude. Fantoms. Have done several Marvel episodes shows, but right now we're doing the Batman from two thousand and four, so be sure to check it out. Chris, thanks for having me. Happy birthday to you again, and what a great gift of a Spider Man trailer.
Speaker 1: Yes, I will take it at that point, but very excited as we march towards the first Marvel movie of twenty twenty six. So yes, so, but yes, you can follow me in all the socials at Chris Balga. You can catch me on The Brave and the Boys every month looking at the UH pre order pre orders that are live on panem Bound Comics. So go to the Brave and the Boys channel for myself and Mike and my co host Jake. We break those down every month. We're getting ready to actually cross the aisle in a couple of weeks. We're literally in the middle of planning when we're going to go and break down the next round of DC solicits. DC is set to drop all their collected editions for the remainder of twenty twenty six into twenty twenty seven. And let's just say there, there's a couple of things I've been knowing about it in that DUC for a couple of years has not a the collective's department has not been doing well. But you know, the last couple of years they have put on a fire and there's going to be a lot of fun to be had. In fact, today the second volume of Tom King's UH Run on Batman and Ominous Format is getting has just gotten a date and it's ready for for pre orders. So that's it's gonna be a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: So well, I know where some of my text return is going to go. That's gonna be processed in a week. So yeah, okay, at least I.
Speaker 1: Know that like those porers, it's gonna it's gonna be a little bit. I don't know. Let me see. I'll pull that up on there and i'll tell you offline before you leave. So but catch men all the socials at Chris Balgo. You can email. You can check the podcast out on Twitter at Marvel a Podcast. You can catch David at the Phantom. You can email the show at Marvel a Podcast, Marvel Liones podcast at jmail dot com. You can tweet at the geek Cultimate Aligance on Twitter at guapod network. If people can tweet, email, provide feedback, ask questions, rate and review the show, and have a podcast, Amazon Music, all the places where you get your podcasts. We greatly appreciate it. Thank you all for joining us live in the chat. Thank you all for listening. Stay safe out there. For when I'm standing man would say, excelsior.
Speaker 2: True believers. Bye everyone, all right.
Speaker 1: Post credits discussion thoughts predictions on Daredevil Born Again season two Hope dreams Fares Hope.
Speaker 2: Would be the Sea Spotter Man obviously just not happening. No, just because I made a fact for fiction about it. Listeners, that's all I want to be right with that. Way back when, I do think Kingpin is going to be behind the scenes looking like Spotted Me in the animated series Kingpin by the end of this season, and I'm hoping to see the other defenders show up to help man.
Speaker 1: Yep, I'm I'm with you on that one. I think I think Luke Cage is very much I think my dark horse hope is Colleen Wing. I've wanted her to come back, but I say it's more than likely that that Luke Cage makes his return at.
Speaker 2: That point, Do you have three of them come back and not bring back Finn Jones as Iron Fist at that point? Do you just really will you do that? Okay, Okay, yes, you do that.
Speaker 1: It's just it's I'm not saying it's right. I'm just saying that I don't think anyone's gonna be I think more people will.
Speaker 2: Be.
Speaker 1: I think there'll be more episode of my Culture not coming back.
Speaker 2: Oh, I agree with that. I just think it'll be odd to bring three of those back, but well, basically not just three of those back, a lot of other people from that definite universal not.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean you can bring I mean they are bringing back others from a bound of talk about Defenders. Wise, Yeah, if you're going to leave someone out, it's gonna be Iron Iron, It's gonna leave Finn Jones. I don't have any hate Gards. I'm just thinking if I think they set up a really good idea with Colin Wing Now, I was really excited for how that season ended, that final season of Iron Fish, with what they had had Finn Jones doing that got me a little more excited. But it's not to be so. No, I'm hoping that we you know, besides seeing the Defenders, I'm wanting to see another knockout, drag out fight between daredeviil Inking Pin mm hm, you know all of this season three finale.
Speaker 2: I do want what's that Holloway Fighter two as well?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Hallway Fighter two. I would like to see the you know Kingpin one. Now, Kingvin's needs to lose, and lose badly. You know, I could see the first couple of episodes being the continued like how much. He's he's you know, doing well, and people are buying into it. But then I want to see the cracks being shown in everything, kind of going downhill fast and him just trying to grasp a hold on. I don't. I'm cautious about this whole idea of like you're here and say, oh, Bull's Eye is going to be redeemed. I don't want the bulls Eye to be redeemed. I don't. I don't like that necessarily in principle, but I'll be wait and see exactly what do they mean by redeemed? Is this an enemy of the eye? Enemy as my friend? And then we go back to that idea. I'm looking for. One of the biggest things is the disjointedness of season one. I want a through line through season two, a more consistent now. Brandon Davis had shared that he hasn't fully finished watching UH season two, but he did say that the first episodes are a little bit more slower pace than he expected. But once they get that it it the gas starts being hit and it doesn't let go. I'm excited for it. Regardless. I'm looking for that consistency I want. I don't want this underground thing to be left us at the end of season two. I want the you know, Dared will be fully out there, not going to the underground at Murdock Back. You know, we know we're getting a season three. He's already in the middle of Charlie Coxs already said he's in the middle of filming it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well he was on here Kimmel, he was on Jimmy Kimmel and Jimmy Kimmells that you just spent day filming.
Speaker 1: So yep, so so yeah, so but I'm excited. So we break that down either one or two episodes. We'll see exactly what they release. But we'll be back next week. Thank again, Travis, Thank you all fans. Have a great weekend, and we'll see you next week.
Speaker 2: Bye everyone.
Speaker 1: Mhm.