Speaker 1: Sister, Lisa, thank you for saving us.
Speaker 2: You are awesome.
Speaker 1: No, thank you. I've been rational but nerdy my whole life, but these past few weeks you girls made me feel cool. Cool Lisa Simpson, Well, I think you're very interesting girls. But from now on, the only witch in Lisa's life is a witchboy will marry her?
Speaker 3: Four Finger Discot dude.
Speaker 4: Welcome to four Finger Discount, where this week we're going to be getting out witchcraft on. It is Rednecks and Brusticks. I am Dander and I.
Speaker 2: Am guys, Bubble, bubble, toil and trouble. Indeed, uh yeah, Rednicks and brimsticks. This feels like an episode that was very much reverse engineered. I was like, okay, here's a title that sounds vaguely familiar. It's a play, of course on the old Disney movie bed Knobs and Broomsticks.
Speaker 4: Movie I've never seen bought on Blu ray when they had a big Disney clearic because it was like Disney no longer making physical media in Australia won't be available, so I was like, just clean up, well, you're of a mine.
Speaker 2: It's like these are going to be worth a lot of money going all in on the things.
Speaker 4: Though I do. I always go and buy and things that mentality alway said Nick, like it'd be worth so much one day, but then I don't want to ever sell it. That's the problem. Redict I buy it to resell and then I can't actually resell. That's a big book around this room.
Speaker 2: But it felt like it was sort of cobbled together out of various sort of elements. Yeah, I mean, none of this feels very very cohesive. But it's like, okay, we've got this title Rednecks and Britain. Okay, well Rednecks. Who's our resident redneck? We've got cleaners, let's fold him into a story Broomsticks. What do you associate with Broomstick's housekeeping?
Speaker 4: Witches?
Speaker 2: Okay? And oh we can to access to Nev Campbell, who was at one of the stars of the Craft, which was about witches, and.
Speaker 4: Also was she in Charmed.
Speaker 2: No, but there was Holly Marie Combs who was basically the TV version of But first of all, Nev Campbell was the TV version of Campbell because she was on Party of Pipe. Yeah. Yeah, it just feels like we've got all these various elements. Oh, but we better come up with a story about So. Look, I'm not saying this was a terrible episode, but it was very much kind of, to use a phrase that's probably fallen out of favor with the kids, a bit of a nothing burger.
Speaker 4: I've never heard that saying before.
Speaker 2: Have you ever heard the saying nothing burger?
Speaker 4: No, but I know exactly what it means. It means it was a whole lot of nothing correct.
Speaker 2: Between the taste between two tasty bun Where are you?
Speaker 4: I do I? By the end of this one, it felt very much like a sein Feld episode structure, where there's these two stories right that they had the joint sort of beginning with least is in the woods as a result in Homers meets Clyta says a result being in the woods, but they have separate stories going and then by the end they somehow I can bind them together, which I don't think The Simpsons has really done that all that often in recent times, where the two stories don't really have much going on until the end. Yeah, and I think the ending, I actually thought it was pretty good the way they sort of tied it together. I thought, you know what, that's it's a bit ridiculous, but I didn't see it coming, and I'm at least appreciate that you made the effort to try and join them.
Speaker 2: I did admire that storytelling ingenuity of like, oh, occasionally which is will strike someone blind. I think it's been done in other stories. What else sends you black? Oh, Moonshine will do it, or is renowned to do that, or has a reputation for doing Did.
Speaker 4: You see the ending coming with the Moonshine. I didn't see it coming.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 4: Actually no, I thought that's a good twist. It's not a bad twist. Yeah, I wasn't expecting a twist, and then I got in twist and I went, ah, well, play like that. But at the same time, you know, during the whole courtroom shenanigans everything like that, I found myself sort of like not fading out, but I was like, what's it out the window there? Oh, that dog's got a puffy tail, that kind of thing. I was the opposite because I was like, finally we've got Judge Snyder and the blue head lawyer back. It felt like the golden age of the courtroom seats. It's true, just they did a line of arts.
Speaker 2: But even then, you didn't real take that much advantage of the bluehead lawyer. Judge Nyder had one or two good lines in there. He had one good line that probably made it into my favorites.
Speaker 4: But Bart came in doing his usual prank stuff.
Speaker 2: Yes, indeed, and that was associated with that. So we'll talk about that when we talk about our favorite moments. But yeah, look, a fine episode. I must admit as someone who had a little bit of a crush on the f Campbell back in the day, I was like, I bet we all kind of did. Yeah, we who can tell? It seems dreadful to say this because it seems condescending and also kind of objectifying, but she seemed approachable.
Speaker 4: She's in which horror France, She's.
Speaker 2: Scream Scream, Yeah, and back in Scream now because that made like the seventh Yeah, it's like, holy moly.
Speaker 4: She was like perfect for that role to in Scream.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Very girl next door. Yeah yeah, kind of like.
Speaker 4: But also you believe that she could hold her own as well. Oh yeah, even though she's she's tiny, but you still feel like, you know, she wouldn't go down with that a fight. Yeah, a scrapper.
Speaker 2: That's a good way of putting it. Yeah, it's incredible that Scream is now up to its seventh installment. Well played, Scream one's great. Oh.
Speaker 4: I remember watching Scream on for the first time, and I was obviously a lot younger than you, so I wasn't watching it through a critic's eyes. Scared the shit out of me, and it just cos Yeah, but it just felt like watching for the first time. I went, oh, we're getting our own Jason Vorhes and it felt cool to finally get our own villain.
Speaker 2: That's true. Yeah, I mean I think I mentioned recently about that Fanta ad with all the horror quote unquote icons, it's like, well, Chucky's kind of iconic. But yeah, I don't know about the Freddy Fasber from Five Nights Free, but that's or the Megan Dole or something. I know it's what the kids are into. Absolutely, but yeah, ghost Face from Scream feels like the real last kind of horror icon. In the Michael Myers jason Ville he's Freddy krueger Vein. Yeah, but yeah, I mean I know that. Sorry, we're talking more about Scream than we were about bed knobs red Knobs. This episode took a turn about rednecks and Broomsticks. But you know, they had four movies that had Nevcamble and that involved in the sort of the core cast. And then it's like, well, let's reboot it with the with the modern kids, and now it's.
Speaker 4: Left of Courtney Cocks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which is back in this one. Yeah, and yeah Neb's back as well, and we'll see how it goes.
Speaker 4: I don't they rebooted I know what he did last summer. I was flicking through Street Service the other day and I was like, hang on, that's got two of the cast, Sir Michael Gallop, What the hell going on here? There's a reboot? Yeah?
Speaker 2: When did this happened? Came out earlier this year? I think I had no idea, no idea. Well, it's confusing though, because I made they made like a Scream TV series and also, I know what you did last summer TV series? Really well? Yeah, I think they went like a season each or something. So yeah, it's like, oh God, is there too much law? Is it too much mythology? When you're try and catch up with this ship? Uh, Screams doing a legacy sequel, so I may well check that one.
Speaker 4: I see, I know what he did last summer guy called is he just called hooked man? I think fisherman Fisherman? Is he Fisherman cloak?
Speaker 2: Dude?
Speaker 4: I don't never never scared me as much as ghost Face that guy. Oh no, it's too wedding where ghost Face was.
Speaker 2: This crazy plus spoiler a scream there were two. I really liked the original screen that was very well directed. I thought it was pretty well written. A lot of the acting and it's just garbage that's really good.
Speaker 4: But that's horror movies though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, true, but this is this isn't so much bad acting as is like bad overacting.
Speaker 4: Are you always going about the Jamie Kennedy's explanation.
Speaker 2: Scene that in Scream two that stucks? In Scream one? It's Matthew Lillard And everyone loves Matthew Lillard.
Speaker 4: These days because like it's shaggy Shaggy.
Speaker 2: Everyone loves shaking, and.
Speaker 4: He was a fantastic shaggy.
Speaker 2: He was a very good shaggy. Look at in Screen one, it's like, I fucking hate you, man.
Speaker 4: That's why when it was I was like, how is this the same dude?
Speaker 2: Correct? Yeah, hey, we now return you to red necks and brunistics already in progress, red knobs red that's that's for patrons. Yeah, or did you think of that? The Cleita's putting Cletter's not necessarily center, but putting Cletus and.
Speaker 4: His cohort as a I was stressing in the first five minutes, I thought, oh no, a whole episode of this.
Speaker 2: I was like, this is a whole lot of cle I was like, and then I put thirty seconds in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so yeah, I don't think they went too hard. They din't double down on the Kletus's dumb gags. If anything, they tried to make Hillbilly Is less dumb in this one, because when it had Mo rock Up with the Deliverance mentioned yeah, what do you think all the spaces Star Wars, And I was like, oh, well, at least they're not I mean, they're not smart.
Speaker 2: No, but I think they were trying to do a bit of that whole redneck poetry thing that you'll occasionally find, you know, and in certain strands of like American literature and movie making, it's like, yeah, there's a rich Veinus sort of yeah, weird poetry in the in these kinds of hillbillies and rednecks and that kind of stuff. They got their own way of doing things, and it's pixies, Like like the pixies you're talking about.
Speaker 4: It isn't snatches and about pixies who just live in their own shafty towns.
Speaker 2: Are pixies you mean gypsies? Gypsies.
Speaker 4: Gypsy is fucking pixies. Gypsies, Dad brain, that's staying like gypsies. They have their own shaddy towns based correct.
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, and yeah, their own mythology and their own language and their own ways of doing things. I'm sorry that makes them say like not human. They are indeed human apparently, but yeah, I mean, I must admit when I saw that this was a Cleatis heavy episode, I was like, that is always death.
Speaker 4: But this is in the main picture on the Wikipedia page. I go, oh, I will say, they kind of and not that it really played to much into the episode. But have we already had yocal chords where Lisa basically helped the kids with their singing cry or whatever. Yeah, there was no sort of acknowledgment of that, correct.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And I know our good friend friend of the pod Matt Selman, is always like, ah, canon, forget about it, but come my big deal here a little bit of continue what we saying the other day. Was it in our individual with Josh.
Speaker 4: Who's the keeper of the law, that we'll talk at Cavali, Yeah, yeah, but that was gone.
Speaker 2: Yeah he had here.
Speaker 4: They kept his number deleted.
Speaker 2: Exproducer.
Speaker 4: They moved the studio like one block down.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I must admit I was, yeah, not unhappy with the with the use of Kletis and shall we say, the backwoods community in this episode. Yeah, they didn't really do a whole lot with it, but they didn't do a lot of bad with.
Speaker 4: It either, And I can believe that they would buy into home of being like the connoisseur of moonshine, like they want to be read.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't know. I think I find myself saying this a bit about recent episodes, and I shouldn't. I hate to be the person who brings up problems without bringing up solutions. All occasionally, we'll fix them. But like Homer likes to drink, Yeah, this is this is a good This is good connective tissue between him and Kletus and Kleidus's cohort that they bond over alcohol. So I think they did an okay job with it. I wish they'd sort of done more with it, but I'm not exactly sure what that would have been.
Speaker 4: It wasn't just home and going, I love your hillbilly way of life. I become a hill billy now, No, he likes alcohol. Yeah, actually makes sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it would have been like, okay, straight off the top of the dome sort of, Homers sort of senses aside hustle in like pedaling moonshine to like mows or something. It's like, let's let's make moonshine mainstream. Yeah, like, well, actually I think they all.
Speaker 4: Homer starts making his own moonshine on the side, it doesn't Oh that's yeah.
Speaker 2: And becomes a bit of a rivalry. Yeah yeah, because oh that's because there's a long history about sort of like you know, rival moonshine is like wars between them essentially. Oh that'd be good. Yeah, yeah, but he's doing like respectable moonshine, suburban moonshine of able and stare get to sell sell it the QUICKI mart or sell it at mos or something, and yeah, yeah, there's something to work with there, there's something to work with. What do you think, folks?
Speaker 4: My favorite given you favorite moments from the episode.
Speaker 2: Look, I've only highlighted a few or a couple of these joke's kind of in bad taste. But I thought it was pretty funny that when Mo show's up and he's trying to get you know, Lenny and Carl and Homer back to Moe's bar, he's got his dual shotguns and that, and then the redneck show up and oh, well, I guess it's Deliverance time. I guess you know you're gonna bend me over, have you away with me or whatever? And they're like, that's a terrible stereotype. Why do you think we did one guy does it in Deliverance. I thought we had a connection here. I'm not gonna beg for it. I thought that was pretty funny. I'm a fan of a good needle drop. They're not really I don't know if they've dug into the you know, they're broken out the wallet for so many you know, soundtrack cues this time around. But season of the.
Speaker 4: Witch season you mean, yeah, yeah, yeah, but they did a couple of seasons ago.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely, But recently it felt like we haven't hearing as many sort of bangers as we used to.
Speaker 4: But that's at the end, was said doing their ice skatting.
Speaker 2: Certified Danger Donovan's season of the Witch Good.
Speaker 4: Song, And apparently that scene is taken from a film as well.
Speaker 2: It is. Yeah, that's sort of a bit of an oblique reference to a movie called to Die For. Okay, starring Australia's own Nicole Kidman. Really, I won't blow what it's about, because you should watch to Die For. It's actually pretty good early role for Joaquin Phoenix, directed by the great gas Band sand of Goodwill Hunting Fame.
Speaker 4: Yeah, check it out to Die For, to Die For. I wanted the thrown the reference in there for the kids. Kids have no idea it's going on with the kids would know idea when they get older and go, hey, it's that thing from that thing.
Speaker 2: Well, if they've got a nerdy uncle, I got that's from the movie today for if eding guest Ben Sanda now a little in the Criterion connection, Mummy's doing it again. Just go, really, my uncle, why is he here?
Speaker 4: You don't have an ncle guy? Who is this person.
Speaker 2: Sleeping on our cat? But yeah, that's a that is indeed a reference a few a few fs in here. But we'll get to that. As we go through the episode.
Speaker 4: I leaned the mole mane gig. It felt absurdly dark. That look, it's very swartzwelderess gag his.
Speaker 2: Own operation on himself, your own surgery and save. That's what I've got. Did you learn?
Speaker 4: Yeah, for the moment bit I liked they were taking the witches out to do their own version of a of a trial. And here the gunshot and it's just trying to shoot the fly on the roots. You think he's trying to stop the mobody, it's not. And I like, just at the start here a simple homer. So they he smashes the bonket thing because these things are incredibly annoying. Why do my actions always have consequences? But just the gig of that, the other dad throwing it out of his cart into.
Speaker 2: The car, that's a good it's a good little reversal. I did write down here do the Dando kids have a bonket or a version thereof they have or it is a baby shark.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, so they they don't have bonket things, right, but they have these devices where has like red, green, yellow, blue or whatever and it's blue lights up. You gonna push blue then it's blue yellow blue. You're going to follow the sequence?
Speaker 2: Well, that's sign that. Have you ever heard of that? Have you ever heard of simon? I know?
Speaker 4: He says, yeah, different thing altogether. This s felt.
Speaker 2: This was incredibly ingenious when I this is when I was a kid. It was like a circle that had four big buttons on it in different color. Yeah, yeah, and yeah yeah, and it's basically a memory test. Yeah. Yeah, it's like blue, blue, green, blue, green, yellow, Yeah, and yeah, how fuck can you get sort of out trying to out smart signment? Wow, they just took and put a clock.
Speaker 4: In it probably probably haven't changed.
Speaker 2: It's probably the exact same to it, but it makes that beep beep noise. Yeah, and you're hearing that and going time to lose the batteries, Yes, exactly.
Speaker 4: Next question you there eating the paste trivia time. My first question for you is, what are besides fire and police, what are the things on Flanders speed Dial? Oh there's four others. Yeah, I did see this. One of them is the witchcrafts yes on whatever.
Speaker 2: Damn it. And there was one above it that I thought that's actually not that's kind of funny, and that.
Speaker 4: One is nips slip hoopline.
Speaker 2: Correct, I don't remember any of.
Speaker 4: It's just love Joy home Love Joy alter ha.
Speaker 2: What is the straight shot freeway that will take the Simpsons home from this from their holiday? It is the two five.
Speaker 4: Wow, my memory is working, Simon. What is the name of Cleadas's distillery?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: I feel like he's mentioned it before. This name, I've definitely heard him say it before. I'm sorry, it's all something Ohn forgot. Oh, Betsy, Yeah, but I need to Simon because my memory is ship. Speaking of moonshine, Kleidis talks about sort of corporate moonshine. Who is the maker of Demento Juice? Oh, no idea, It's Dwayne Saggery, Dwayne Sagary. My final question for you is another name one. What is the real name of Gwendolen Nightshadow? Oh? God, damn it no, Stacy death Satan.
Speaker 2: Just stop listening. But because that's actually not a bit gag. My last question for you, because I only have three, it's the bit. Do you like the bit? What do you think of the bit? What are the notes that Homer finds in clude? This is latest batch notes?
Speaker 4: What's in it? Yes, it's got poison oak?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 4: Yes, no, no, he's oak, poison oak. It's like a game. Hints of game, hints of game. The other I can't remember with the.
Speaker 2: Rest elderberry and tobacco and tobacco.
Speaker 4: Correct.
Speaker 2: I think we've spoken about this, ba. I'm always in awe of people who are kind of like, I have hints of raspberry and the charades like tasty, Yeah, I did, I have? I just you know, and getting it right that's the thing. Yeah, yeah, Do you then eat a raspberry and go wait a minute, this taste familiar.
Speaker 4: Nicholas fit. There's hints of garlic and onion in this, there's hints of salt. Every good meal starts a garlic and onion, in my opinion.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely, yeah. Everyone knows my million dollar idea. Yes, the candles, Yeah, the candle that smells like saute, onion and gum.
Speaker 4: I've said this, Nick Nicholas like, that's not a bad idea.
Speaker 2: That does worth something.
Speaker 4: Who wouldn't want to walk into a house that's smelled like fresh cooking.
Speaker 2: It's a very much bachelor's candle.
Speaker 4: I feel like though it would entice you to begin cooking, though, if you wan't not like to cook, if your candles smelled like saude, garlic and onions. You'd be like, that's I'll be hungry now, that's right, get it for your lady, have to cook it.
Speaker 2: Perfect for the kids. That was a joke.
Speaker 4: All right, there's time for some stone kind of shadow, starting with Katy G with her one hundred dollar support.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, Katy G. Thank you, Katy G. Yes, there's not much more to say other than well, I mean we can say thank you very much, we'd say it all the time, but we mean this.
Speaker 4: Ever having a love time, good do that whatever, Christmas and the okay, by the way, we sure happy gate.
Speaker 2: By the way, sorry to skip ahead to the couch game, but yeah, I mean they're all over the shop because it wasn't last episode like Christmasy, but this now, this is Thanksgiving.
Speaker 4: Him but this one actually aired Thanksgiving. That's why it's like, well, why the last one ever? Christmas one?
Speaker 2: What's going on? Thank you Katie G. Yes, thank these people as well.
Speaker 4: Yes, Glenn Gomez, Justin Parker, Zach Pruitt, Shaney Macker, Elliott, j O'Neil, Isabella Murphy, Rah Beasley, Stephen Roberts, Seawan d V Pete Anderson, Timothy Bells and Andrew Davis, Kevin Dental, Planned, Flood Bellow, Windo Bank, Jack McFadden, Heath Apple, be Adria McLeod, March Eleven Ginger and Pickle, Preston, Murray, tala Enriquez, Declan Phoenix, Brian McCoy, Logan b James Sheppard, Joe Read and Sect, Dave prettls McNally, Gavenline, Damie Miller, Charlie Joe and Abigail B.
Speaker 2: Sharp Card.
Speaker 4: I think if I've been top tiers, don't kind of support us here at four thing a discount. If you are a supporter of ours on the five dollar plus tears not a stonecutter, you'll get your name right out on the next mailbag episodes. I'm listening out for.
Speaker 2: That, indeed, listening for that. Look I said people before, I mean angels in human form.
Speaker 4: Indeed.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 4: This show is brought to you by the four Finger Discount Patreon, where you'll find over one hundred hours of bonus podcasts, including exclusive Simpson's reviews and commentaries, as well as exclusive episodes of Going Down to South Park, Tales of Futurama, Bob's Pods. Speaking of the Hill, Talking Sifould, the one about friends, and so much more. So go ahead and join the family today at patreon dot com Slash four finger discount. All right, let's kick off with our review of Rednecks and Broomstick's divisional edit of this episode was November twenty ninth, two thousand and nine. You'll be interested, maybe to know that the top three films that US box office at this time have not changed from last week. They are the exact same films in the exact same position. So we have Twilight, Saga, New Moon in first position. Still, we have The blind Sided number two, and twenty twelve is still in number three.
Speaker 2: Well down those three films. Yeah, indeed, there was no beating Twilight at the stage of the game.
Speaker 4: Thing really worth revisiting, there would be the blind Side.
Speaker 2: Right Visit twenty twelve.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've never watched it. I think you told me.
Speaker 2: It's like it's kind of fun. Yeah, Cusack Cusack Woody Harrelson, the Great chee Any Glover as the President.
Speaker 4: Harrison's had a very interesting career. He's just sort of he's never been the top billing star in my opinion, Harrelson, but he's just He's a face you're always happy to see on screen.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely, Yah, yeah if I when my acting career takes off, it will happen any d now, kids, that's the kind of career. R. Why don't you say, I mean well known, beloved, no one's no one's ever unhappy to see. Woody Harrelson usually delivers yeah and yeah, good across all genres. Has been good in dramas, has been good in comedy, non bad in action movies.
Speaker 4: Were you recently watched for the first time? Anger Management? He plays a little bit roll with it.
Speaker 2: Came on it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, as a as a prostitute, wow, as I don't know the correct term is now, but it's a gud dressing up as pretend to be a woman.
Speaker 2: Well we used to say transvested. Now now I think just transgender is the umbrella turn.
Speaker 4: But he plays that role for trying.
Speaker 2: It's a weird movie.
Speaker 4: I don't think I liked it. Okay, that's the one with Nick Sandler. I'm just going this like this should be better. I'm going just just feels very first draft A lot of this. Yeah, I was very just I was kind of disappointed. I got to got two thirds of a way through to Nickolas, like, isn't he good? She's like, I don't think it is. It's just we were so far into all, like, let's just finish it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It's always interesting, that, isn't it when you turn your significant others like if there's all that good? No it's not.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll just must watch the end of it now. And yeah, I know it's like Nicholson and Sanley, you feel like it should work.
Speaker 2: And also yeah, like yeah, Sandler's he's a milemount of guy, but he's got anger under the service. Oh you know, you need to bring it out and we all love to see the Sandman go explode. Yeah, it was just work.
Speaker 4: I will never revisit it. It was just there.
Speaker 2: The movies are just there. Yeah. Twenty twelve, Yeah, I checked. I'd check that one out.
Speaker 4: But written by Kevin Curran the late great Kevin Current and directed by Bob Edison and Rob Oliver. Production code La b F y nine Football Gag Teachers. Unions are not ruining this country and the catch egg was when you're saying earlier with the family gathers around dinner table for Thanksgiving meal, but soon they gather their plates and head for the catch where they watch a football game on TV.
Speaker 2: I love that tradition.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it's like we go lunch and we're gonna watch the football game and everyone's watched us.
Speaker 2: Like that's awesome. H And by the way, the sign it is Springfield Retirement Castle featuring Grandpa Simpson. The logo is get me out of here. Oh nice, you could have done a little more with that.
Speaker 4: I believe that whenever he get me out of here, I think of Happy Gilmore. You know that, mister mister grab me out of here. So the kick the episode kicks off with the family driving home from a ski weekend. We know nothing about it, Like they drive past the snowed in.
Speaker 2: That was not bad. By the way, the Simpsons going to afford a ski weekend.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean have been on very ski weekends, I guess. So. Yeah, that's where stuper sexy Flanners comes from.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I think it's a fancy place. I think it's just mountain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I think even you know, average skiing has kind of out of reach for the every day, every day Joe. Now, I was being so expensive for every so for everybody, so did I. But everything is surrounding. It's the ship that you put on your body, the chair lip you're right to get at the top of the mountain, the skis you put on your feet.
Speaker 4: That's why ho it doesn't have a dance class anymore because she's not really that interested anymore. She's finished it. But it was Yeah, she like dance, Yeah, but she is no good but she uh, you know, dancing should just be you. You go into the room in your dance and get by the right shoes, the right alf is, the right makeup, the right hair, the right this, the right that. Oh you're gonna get photos taken, Yes, they're free to get taken, but it's gonna cost fifty bucks per photo. I'm just like this' sh it's just too expensive. Oh yeah, it's like a pyramid scheme.
Speaker 2: Oh no, we're go another episode of Ship's Fucked mate. But yeah, we're getting priced out of everything. Yeah, and and the stuff that used to be just kind of you know, a fun communal activity.
Speaker 4: But you'll never be priced out of our paige. So make sure you subscribe. Absolutely.
Speaker 2: That was that was pretty good.
Speaker 4: That was a good salesmanship. Little is one dollar per month. Subscribes a perfect Christmas present for your pal's going down there, but maybe do you the third. But they are living early to try and beat the traffic, which is a good thing to do. I always try and do it, but everyone had that idea as well. Highway is just filled for the people. Then they're using the bunket toy in the back of the kids to kill some time, which is just insanely annoying, as you can imagine. Homer throws it out the window, gets smashed in the car that's driving past. But then the dad inside that car is also annoyed by his kids pay with the bunket, so he throws that one out the window back into the Simpsons car and they're off to the races once again.
Speaker 2: Indeed, bunk it, twist it, smack it, bunk it well, twist it twisted, smackkets. Oh damn, the batteries are dead.
Speaker 3: Not to worry.
Speaker 2: It plugs into the cigarette ladder. Bunk bunk, bunk it twisted, smack it thwack and crack it, bunk it, bobbing.
Speaker 3: It finely.
Speaker 2: Some peace and quiet? Why do my actions have consequences?
Speaker 4: And then the accident nearly drives into a truck, but Unfortunately you can't use a break now because the smashed up pieces underneath the brake. So it says, why why do my actions always have consequences? They drive off a cliff and then unfortunately they hit poor Bambi.
Speaker 2: They do. Yes, it's a yeah. Basically you shot for shot a reprise of the scene from Bambie where little Bambies find it bamby hey orshe hey, hey, Oh that's right, because they shoot Bambi's mother. Yeah, yeah, bamber so this will be.
Speaker 4: A girl and shoot his mother.
Speaker 2: It's not gender specific. I'm just thinking Bambi is not the most masculine name, even for a beautiful deer.
Speaker 4: Well, the kids rewatched Bambi recently and I hadn't rewatched themselves with a little kid, and I was like, oh, that's right. It doesn't end here, like he goes up to be a giant, big buck. And I'm like, oh, I must have just like turn them on. Just that part of me just completely forgot. It'll always just been it was as Bambi was, the little little No, he grows up to be like a buck without it, He like the hunters that killed his mother. He's getting revenge and I was like, I completely blake this part out of my memory.
Speaker 2: That sounds pretty dope. At the same time, it's not like, oh shit, here comes Bamby. There's not distilling fear in my.
Speaker 4: Heart or Thumper Umber's the rabbit. Well, yeah, I know Thumper is Okay, I.
Speaker 2: Know who Thumper is. Man anyway, Yeah, but they are only on the frozen lake.
Speaker 4: And I'm not sure in Golden Near a Simpsons whether they would have hit Bamby here, because when Baby was there, I was like, all, where they're going to go. They're gonna scare Baby, They're going to hit Bambi, and they absolutely just take Bamby out.
Speaker 2: I'm starting to see a little bit of family game that one's really creeping in. And there's there's a real hardcore example of that later on, which we'll talk about when we help.
Speaker 4: All Right, so they fit Bamby. They end up on the ice and Homer says, here forgive me, forgive my ignorance. He says, we're about to get really cold and then really warm. What does he mean by really warm? This is apparently what happens with hyperthermia. Oh yeah, you get really cold to begin when you kind of just sort of. I don't know, your body goes into some weird kind of shut down. Yeah, yeah, where you actually feel warm.
Speaker 2: Your body does feel warm, but it's still your organs are shutting down and all that kind of. Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's funny because when you get cold, your body is actually really hot, but you're you feel cold.
Speaker 2: That's great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that is that what I'm saying. So you know, so would you feel warm or would your body just be warm because when you're when you're shivering, body is actually hot.
Speaker 2: That's the thing. I don't know if you'd be warm, but you said I think you'd feel warm. Okay, I'm not a doctor. Man.
Speaker 4: Somebody saves something I don't know who it is just yet before the cast sings into the ice water and then it's just immediately revealed as clitus. All they wake up and Clartus is shack anyway, and they give them some soup that has possum in it. Towards possum yep, Clitison gives some hooch like the term hooch. Given the hooch to Homer to try it out. Good dog name, Yes it is, yet I see why do the dog always have to die? In dog movies.
Speaker 2: I'm a turner hooch.
Speaker 4: I was like, what do you have to die?
Speaker 2: Well, you were aware that there were competing police dog movies at the time. I believe K nine survived to the end.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'll put that one on the there, Alice.
Speaker 2: If you want the modern version of these, by the way, it's me no, no, no no, the cop films, yeah, cop dog movies. The great actor Aaron Eirkhart, who we all thought was going to be the next Robert Redford right now, he's just in all these B action movies. What happened to him? I have no idea. My mate Will Aaron Aircutt, made a horror move horror action movie called I Frankenstein in Melbourne, and my mate Will was working as a He was a photographer on the set and it was just the coolest guy. And he was not like doing push ups between scenes and everything that Sorting himself worked up with, but just the coolest guy. Just these B movies. But he's in one called Muzzle where he's like this hard bitten cop and he's got like this police dog, like German shepherd that's got PTSD or something. But they just turned out to be the Ultimate Crime Farting Team, and they just made a sequel Muscled Muzzle. Yeah, Muscle, I'm gonna have to check this out absolutely well. The fact there's a sequel means Muzle must survive. So all had puppets.
Speaker 4: Who know.
Speaker 2: What's that movie?
Speaker 4: The White Dog? He always say his name. It's a comedy oddball there it.
Speaker 2: Is what's talked about ball in a very long time. But hooch.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Homer is revived with a bit of hooch. But what the gangy though? Where he says he thinks it's fake. Excuse my faux part.
Speaker 2: That was fau part.
Speaker 4: Then they take out the bazooka and then he shows him Old Betsy and he says he's gonna try it the hooch with the other hill billy. So yeah, he tries it out, but the hooch makes one of the hill billies remember his feed with the tree. And I was like, oh, there's gonna be a whole episode of just this. Yes, that's the thing I thought. But no, that's pretty much the last dumb gag, isn't it They have? Yeah, this certainly has notes of hillbilly all through about. But yeah, I mean, hint hint he'll Billy. But yeah, I mean I think that's the most part. That's the last time they get really dumb with it. You might be right, Yeah, yeah, But Homer becomes a kind of Sui the com city boy Homer and knows the recipe. You can tell just by tasting it. Well, it's a rich match based with a sense of danger.
Speaker 2: I liked.
Speaker 4: But then tries out the boom potatoes that branding brought back from the ark on the War.
Speaker 2: Well, they don't have video games.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they tried it on the on the Snowman with kids like that, like bowling. They're doing strikes and whatnot. Then Lisa is playing hide and seek with the other kids. I think this is the main kids from Yocal Chords. The girl can't remember her name, but they can't.
Speaker 2: They don't remember Lisa, and Lisa doesn't remember then.
Speaker 4: But there's no sort of I wouldn't say Lisa doesn't remember them. They're playing hide and seek. They never once say who are you? So maybe they do just know each other and just playing, you know, But they can't count to one hundred, so that Lisa is hiding for no reason because they're never going to come and find her.
Speaker 2: They do well untill about well they get one and two right, and then it's all shapes and.
Speaker 4: It's all shapes. Yeah, and I like Lisa, she's lost, and why did I do poetry club instead of Girl Scouts. Then she discovers a coven of not witches but wickens.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, wicked is a brand of witch.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a sub sub form, a subset, subset. Yes, So she discovers them making a post and then she says, oh, you're going to miss one comes up from behind her. She says, you're gonna be so embarrassed because two other people at this party weren't in the same effort, just like you. Then they confirmed after the break that they are wickeds, not witches, and Lisa doesn't believe their spells. It doesn't believe that they work. They tell her to keep an eye, keep it up in mind on things, and then I think she said something at the test tomorrow. Yeah, well, if you were really witches, you could get me out of my test for tomorrow. That's an art project, which I must.
Speaker 2: It's like, why would Lisa want to duck a school project?
Speaker 4: Well, she's I think because they haven't got back in time. Do gend the times?
Speaker 2: At which one I've sitting written? At which one I've written? Give me not a line to justify it?
Speaker 4: Yes, But then Homer yells out They leave in a man of most wicked, which is texting Mom to come pick us up. And then the snow falls on home when he screams out and he becomes like this snowman.
Speaker 2: And Potto arrives. Not a bad call back, It's all right.
Speaker 4: The next day, Lisa has one minute to finish her assignment. She's in class trying to get it done before me Hoover arrives.
Speaker 1: What happened to miss who came down with a spell of stomach flu spell?
Speaker 2: Those girls couldn't have, Lader say, or could they?
Speaker 1: Maybe we'll pass the time with another craft project. I'll let one of you pick uh Lisa witchcraft witchcraft witch crash.
Speaker 4: Cleanerston shows the various distilleries around the forest, and then he and Homer have a popcroll.
Speaker 2: Shadn't they they do? Yes, I've done. In sort of a multi screen fashion, I struggled to keep.
Speaker 4: Up the action when there's three things happening on screen at the same time. I'm like, I can't. I can't watch three things. I'm really okay, we're watching one. I can't watch the other.
Speaker 2: Can your eyes can sort of from one?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, but you miss because I felt there's a lot happening in these three things.
Speaker 2: This was again another reference. This is to the movie Sideways. The movies Sideway, Yes, Yes, starring a guy look like Paul Gmati and Daniel looked like Tomas Hayden Church.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say the Paul g. Marty is the the guys of that guy's of that guys.
Speaker 2: That guy.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's a better.
Speaker 2: He's transcended that. Yeah, he's reed. He's reached sort of boss level of become of that guys, and it's become Paul Gim Marti. Well, he's the one of the leads in Billions, very popular show.
Speaker 4: That's where Nicola knows him most from now. But I just don't think that anyone has a bad way to say about Jim Marty.
Speaker 2: You would, you should not.
Speaker 4: You can see one of the best character actors of our time.
Speaker 2: He's pretty good. Yeah, he's pretty good. I think I probably went on and on and on about this on the previous podcast, but he was he did like a W two TF episode with Mark Maronent. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's sad.
Speaker 2: And I was listening to what was out on a walk, and I'm like, how do I become Paul Jim Marty's best friend? Because this is my brother from another mother. He was talking about he just liked to go to second hand bookshops and get like old science fiction novels, my fucking man, so good, So Mary Star of Sideways, which is referenced in this particular sequence.
Speaker 4: Yes, again though it's just another reference. Yeah, I like that, going back to the old way of just throwing references in there. That about making it too obvious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I mean, given the Sideways is about quote unquote wine connoisseurs, Yeah.
Speaker 4: It makes it makes sense.
Speaker 2: It makes sense, it does indeed. Yeah.
Speaker 4: But then Homer has invited Lenny and Carl to come drig some moonshine with Cretus and co. And they wonder if missus this, and no, he's there with his with his shotgun. He's gonna dual shotguns, not bad paint the snow with their brains. But the Hillbillies pull their guns. And I was like, oh, as you were saying, oh okay, well I see where this is going. He's also somewhat disappointed that they don't go full Deliverance on it.
Speaker 2: I remember seeing Deliverance on TV when I was a kid, and back in the day we have what was called modified for television, and they kind of still does it on the on commercial TV. Yeah okay, because yeah, they basically cut out all the good stuff. And remember seeing Deliverance thinking, wow, this is pretty grueling. Was it exactly sure what they were doing to pour their baby when they made him school like a peace Then years later watching damn, they're sucking that guy.
Speaker 4: Oh what that's not good?
Speaker 2: I thought it was the good stuff. It's like they're doing something mean to that guy, but I wasn't sure what. Oh.
Speaker 4: Oh, I remember the first time watching The Simpsons unedited back in the day. It wasn't they cut out you know, raunchy stuff. It's just they'd cut out extended scenes and whatnot. And you get to the DVDs or the VHS copies you like, oh, so that's why that's happening. That makes so much more sense than they're just cut it down for time. Yeah, did you see speaking of things edited out? So there's now on HBO max it someone put up yesterday on Twitter. I think Mad Men the four K transfer Oh yeah, edits Yeah, you see the crew guys holding the vomit machine.
Speaker 2: Yeah. When when Roger Starling comes back from comes back from the drunken lunch and throws up his oysters in someone's behind him with a hose.
Speaker 4: How does that get in? I look at the screech and look at that so doing the T shirt a baseball cap.
Speaker 2: Look. Part of me wants to go, oh, I hope somebody got fired for that blunder, And the other half of the more cynical half of me is going, well, we're living in the attention economy and this is getting people talking about mad.
Speaker 4: Did anyone know Madman had a four K transpher h Now you do? Now, bet you? That's been fixed now all the attention it needs to be fixed, isn't it?
Speaker 2: Isn't it terrible? These are the age, This is the age of miracle and wonder.
Speaker 4: Mad Men four K Transpherd HBO has been an absolute disaster. The aspect ratios are off, title cards are missing, and crew members are being seen.
Speaker 2: At which point someone goes, hey, you know it's a really good show. Mad men.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's go. It's in four K.
Speaker 2: It's on four K on HBO Max, Let's do it. Oh, I wonder if I get this, and oh I wonder if I'll get to see some other blunder that I can screenshot and then I'll get you know, I'll be the person who gets a lot of engagement by pointing it out to people. Brilliant, well down HB.
Speaker 4: Or if you like me, you just own a physical media. You can watch it whenever you feel like also like guy, but it's not four k's blu ray four K mad man, I.
Speaker 2: Don't think you do. Back to the episode. I'm not even gonna say a lie. We better get back to this.
Speaker 4: We're on the Claudia people. Yeah, Malton's waiting for So Lisa goes to see the Wickens to ask about miss Hoover? Did you actually put the spell on her? And then they know they didn't, but they liked it, as you know, indeed capitalize on the on the what's the word the coincidences.
Speaker 2: That's how a lot of it works great, a little bit of a mistake around them. So, yes, did you girls make miss Hoover sick? Oh no, we would never ask the goddess to harm a teacher.
Speaker 1: But if the goddess chose to help you by giving Miss Hoover the her she's worked, such as her divine wisdom.
Speaker 2: Mm listening. Not that I've lost my skepticism, but I am interested.
Speaker 1: In learning more about wicked?
Speaker 2: Are you?
Speaker 1: A minority group is defined by Ivy League admissions, Cornell and Dartmouth.
Speaker 2: What else you got? We worship nature?
Speaker 1: I worship nature.
Speaker 2: Want to join us?
Speaker 1: Well? Innocent honor to be asked, but I never make a final decision in the middle of the forest at night.
Speaker 4: By then notices that Lisa is getting into into witchcraft. Welcome to the dark side.
Speaker 2: Well, that's sure, she's researching on Wikipedia.
Speaker 4: I didn't even notice that.
Speaker 2: That's not a bad yet. Yeah, just as you looked at everything that was on Flanders's Speed doar. I looked at all the things that were on Wikipedia and also notes about how many articles they were on aage? What they would you do? Mean to read the whole day wood life? Okay?
Speaker 4: Then By made the effort to do the job. Let's let's get let's have the payoff.
Speaker 2: It's for a change. Spells. There were thirty thousand plus articles curses twenty four thousand plus articles, brooms one two hundred plus articles, anti acne three hundred and fifty plus articles, persians fifteen thousand plus, familiar such as you know You're black Cat, You're our forty four one hundred plus articles, dating zero articles like that. And Buffy two million five apparently is the best show ever made. Yes, I've done the Buffy reboot apparently really with Sarah Michelle. With Sarah Michelle as sort of like to be in the Giles role, I think the mentor role. Yeah, we watched.
Speaker 4: I watched the first two episodes for our TV launch pot and it never went back to revisit it. But I can tell it's the show I probably would enjoy.
Speaker 2: I've watched it all. It's very nineties early two thousand, which I probably would like about it. Yeah, imagine. So it's a lot of good.
Speaker 4: So I like watching shows that feel of their time.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's very much a trendset because, for better or worse, Joss Whedon sort of set the tone for so much of pop culture that we that were enjoying it. About this show, well, no, I mean he's he's kind of pivotal in the creation of the Marvel Universe. You did the first Avengers he did, and the second one, and the second one as well.
Speaker 4: Okay, this show is brought to you by the four figure discount Patreon, where you'll find over one hundred hours of bonus podcasts, including exclusive Simpson's reviews and commentaries, as well as exclusive episodes of Going Down to South Park, Tales of Futurama, Bob's Pods, Speaking of the Hill, Talking Sifould, the One about Friends, and so much more. So go ahead and join the family today at patreon dot com slash four figure discount. But as we're saying Bahi, he notices that Lisa's getting into it, but he says, just dragging out. They don't get straight into it. You gotta have a few things. You gotta have a college, you gotta be college and aarexic. You're gonna have a string of bad marriages, career disappointments, failed pottery shop, and then when you're all old and you're alone, then he can go hit the which thing really hard.
Speaker 2: Doesn't feel like a bart line.
Speaker 4: I was thinking the same thing when you were saying it. But enough thought about enough thought, I can maybe hear him saying this in a nineties episode.
Speaker 2: Not too sure.
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe yeah, because they're playing off Bart would know all about this kind of stuff. But I feel like Bart never was really into life. There was into Satan, and I guess he kind of was. This is more of it when a first when to show first.
Speaker 2: Started, is more just mischief for norm Yes, and if he if he was quote unquote into Satan, is what would be just to sort of be able to rill up the squares?
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's nothing.
Speaker 2: I don't think he was ever a legitimate black circle boy. I think he was more like a that's Rightdham into Satan. He'll satan.
Speaker 4: Oh no, Then Lisa's not interested in what he has to say, tries to put a Cassa spell on Snowball too, and Flanders oversees this. He says, I know I knew Buddhism would lead straight to witchcraft. I didn't I like this gig here straight to hell. That says down, That says it's pretty funny, and he calls the witch witchcraft Advisory. Now at the Moonshine under the moon Festival, they hear the cops arriving. The government are coming, and so they throw the hoo chat down into the water, which pays off. It does, yes, and it's they planted a seed, Yeah, planned a Seat's nice. Seeds being planned again, It's nice. Yeah, I like it. Lisa is now being initiated. They're giving him some grape juice and they all get arrested. So is it illegal witchcraft?
Speaker 2: Funny you should say that. What have I written here?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 2: Wait? Is witchcraft illegal? They're just drinking grape juice? Yeah? What I like later on is and they maybe should have done this earlier. See, this is what I mean when it felt like this episode was kind of cobbled together. They've got a bit where Quimby goes Lessen. We still be abide by the rule of law here seventeen seventy six law or something like that. Yeah, And it's like, yeah, I think there are parts of America where they actually have like these ancient laws still on the books. It's kind of like, you know, and that's part of the world. It's for deaden, for a man to know, it's perfectly legal for a man to marry.
Speaker 4: His goat, the right to bear arms. Whoa scathing It's like we're Bill and Mardy, what a bunch of clowns.
Speaker 2: I praising the machinery. Yeah, but I must admit that was It's not a knit that I was picking. And I was like, wait, so these are just a bunch of kids, you know, sort of like frolicking around in the woods just having fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're not actually doing anything, they're having fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was reminded slightly. I don't know if you've ever seen these documentaries, one called it's called Paradise Lost. There were apparently these it's a terrible story. There were these child murders somewhere in rural America. It was like small town or rural community or something, but there there were a couple of local guys who were into like death metal and stuff like that, and they were dressed like goths, and they were the easy targets and they were basically railroad and went to jail. Really yeah yeah, And there were these documentaries made about them, and I think the guys were eventually exonerated and released from prison. But like on one of the documentaries, it's pretty much like, pretty sure this stepfather did it because he seems kind of sketchy and you know, he's very.
Speaker 4: Big in this guy very much What about this guy because he's like.
Speaker 2: Into his knives and all that shit, and it's kind of like he may well have been completely innocent, just a grieving stepfather, but also like you seem you seem like a personal interest. Yeah, so, so I was a reminder. I don't know if that's an an obvious reference to this, but there's something that sort of came up for me. But they're definitely worth checking out. They're also on HBO Max. Okay, yeah, it's like you can look off to the We've got the one about friends podcasts. How about potential sponsor of the board.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, the thing is during that time too, I'm thinking about bowling for Columbine. Like it was the whole gamers. Gamers were the ones they targets, right, like video games, we gotta stop video games. And then everyone realized we can profit from these things. There's a billion dollar industry. Games an't the problem anymore?
Speaker 3: What's that thirly ruckus the government?
Speaker 4: So they chuck all their moonshine into the river, which is the sea plant, which doesn't really come across as a sea plant at the time, does that No, it's just.
Speaker 2: A something that happens. Shall we say yeah, they just get reaction, of course.
Speaker 4: Yeah, chucking their ship down the toilet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not that, not that we know about that. They're on to us.
Speaker 4: Then Lisa is here, We've got the initiation process. She's drinking her grape juice and whatnot. It's just very childish witches, isn't it, Because it's all just you know, they're doing the witches.
Speaker 2: That's dark. They were in their suits, but they're drinking grape juice. Correct, Yeah, I mean, first Witchcraft babies, first covenent.
Speaker 3: Initiate.
Speaker 1: How does one enter the circle with perfect faith and perfect love?
Speaker 2: Joy us, joy us, joy us. Do not sanctify that witch. I kind of feel sorry for him.
Speaker 1: Crammed in that bag she tassam at Judy Bloom novelo.
Speaker 2: All we got is wife chief nothing.
Speaker 1: With kids in it.
Speaker 4: Damn budget catch is no time for the first Witchcraft trial in twelve years in Springfield. They clearly they do this a lot. And so there's it been twelve since the twenty one. There's been twelve years since the Witchcraft episode The Tress of Horror one. That would be a fun little callback, Wow, will be Actually, I don't know, Maybe do your research listeners doing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you know, as I say, it's my understanding that women no mats.
Speaker 4: But Brockmann interview is Patty and Summer and whatnot. He says, you know they're hideous, and they say you think you're hideous when we're at the back of the seafood Heart and he says, we all did crazy things on nine to eleven. The witches then cast their spell on the court room, though, and all of a sudden it was on the court room. I was on SPRINGFI was on Springfield, on Springfield in general. Yeah, and everyone goes blind. Nelson goes blind. It goes blind during surgery, which means Mormon has to do his own surgery, which felt very odd School Simpsons. But now the court case and we get the blue Head Lawyer. He's finally returned. It sounds like the blue head lawyer acting like the blue head Lawyer. More blue Head Lawyer, please, I actually have a lot of huts. Let's have blue why mates coming back from the States today, and he's brought up some stuff on a couple of records. But he also I bought a little blue Head Lawyer action figure that comes with little his briefcase and his glasses.
Speaker 2: By the way, do we give a shout out to when the girls are being arrested on sufficient of witchcraft the Judy bloom novel The Judy Blue Yeah, yeah, because.
Speaker 4: Give Judy bloom the book.
Speaker 2: Yes, and it turns out to be the only adult book that Judy Bloomer wrote, because you know, one if the kids still know who Judy Bloom is, No, yeah, she was. Kids didn't who she was when I was a kid, Oh dear. She was sort of very pivotal to a lot of teenagers lives, and certainly teenage girls lives.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I wrote these books about you know, adolescents and all this kind of stuff, and.
Speaker 4: They were the twilight of her time.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, These were very sort of just relatable human stories. But they also talked about Okay, that's what it's like to get your first period and all this kind of stuff, and you know, for a lot of girls, it's kind of like, oh, thank god, it's not just me. Yeah, but you also run wrote one book for grown ups called Forever, which is the one here.
Speaker 4: Would have been B two because that was the time when people didn't talk about that kind of shit very much.
Speaker 2: The case. Oh yeah, you'll have people of you know, generation x's like me. There are certainly American American girls who were like, oh, thank God for Judy Bloom. There was recently, like a film adaptation in one of her books called one Are you there, God, It's me Margaret on Amazon.
Speaker 4: I see that parade all the time. I don't know, Okay, it's me Margaret, It's.
Speaker 2: Me Margaret Mary. But anyway, that was a bit of a sorry, bit of a rewind.
Speaker 4: But guaranteed there's listeners out there who had no idea who Judy Blue is. Because it's funny because I don't have access to Wikipedia. But my mates, Yeah, my mate's coming from the States. I just mentioned his last time, hes blooming. His mom's name Judy, So Judy Bomb. Oh my gosh, nearly Blue. I think got for Judy Bomb as well. But besides, you wouldn't get that Bluehead Lawyer action figure exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But as we're saying, the blue Head Lawyer's returned and he's got Gwendolen night Shadow up on the stand. But she's not actually Gwendolyn night Shadow. She's actually Stacy death Satan. Lisa says that these girls made her feel like she belongs and how many times have we had this story? They just made me feel like I belonged.
Speaker 2: Well, everybody wants their tribe.
Speaker 4: But then enters and he does his usual bag stuff you've.
Speaker 2: Created, you've created your own tribe, the full thing, a discount network family. But yeah, yes, Bart comes in and just starts acting. I'm glad they shouted this out because this is what actually one of my favorite bits. Yeah, the judge strangely, I'll allow it.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's sort of their their work around when shit's going wrong in the court. That wouldn't nomally get it. It's like, oh, and that's jilk. But he makes a dictator Is it called dictator? Is that what she's called? What's it's not?
Speaker 2: Stenographer?
Speaker 4: Snographer? Yeah, but she's she's a big difference. But she's dictating, right, so someone's dictating. She's taking it down, taking dictation, dictation like a dictator. That's not the right word. But then Snyder says he's never seen such a flimsy case. But yeah, he will out or whatever.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 4: I think he throws it out the window because he's never never been so flimsy, and we brings up, Yeah, but what about the goat tax evasion case in the case gets it's myths. Anyway, the town then the.
Speaker 2: Very family guy is cut away, goes on the yacht, things like, ah, I've seeing the pernicious influence of seth mcva.
Speaker 4: R indeed definitely. And the town then take their own truck and that that's not good. We want to burn these witches. And Wigan fives his gun, you think to stop them, and he's no, he's just shooting a fly in the ceiling. Then Quibi then says that abound by seventeenth century law. As you're touching on a little bit earlier, William stalls a dunking stool, which is this device that's basically going to dunk them with their witches. They survive, if they're not, they're going to be killed.
Speaker 2: This is apparently a real thing that they did back in the day during witchcraft trials. Is like, yeah, you know, if this doesn't kill you, well, no, if this kills you, we know you're in the city.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you're dying honorable death.
Speaker 2: The fuck will burn you.
Speaker 4: And if you know, if you survive, then we know you're a witch. If you don't, then you know, we.
Speaker 2: Know you're a witch. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So but yeah, but you bed to dead.
Speaker 2: The last thing you see is you die, this agonizing death.
Speaker 4: Is someone go yeah not yes, okay, thank god, thank god you're pure Lisa and reveals it was the moonshine though that actually made everybody blind. And I was like, that's a good little twist.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that seed you planted three minutes ago is actually bloomed into delightful flower or Judy bloomed into a delightful flower.
Speaker 4: Because they didn't make a big deal of it. It was just either just dumping the moon sho Well it's.
Speaker 2: A naturally as I said, natural reaction as well, so you don't necessarily see it as a seed plant or something that's going to pay off.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just a little way down the line, it's they temporarily blinded, everybody having drink to just to prove it. Yep, he says, the little whitch is right, and mo is sad that the mob was now falling apart, just a much of sparks weasels. So that then beat him up. And that's what he's talking about. This wants human contacts basically very yeah, needy mode, very mesochistic. Yeah, he's he was down for a little bit of pegging earlier in town. It just wants to get a beat. And who doesn't want to be of pegging? Who does not being the clothes on the clothes lie correct? Yeah, I mean we can't use the dryer all the time. No, we don't have a dry I hate drive. They shrink everything. But the thing is, Nicola bought these new pegs, right, she changed brands of Pegs. Terrible, terrible decision. She was like, oh, they're a little bit more expensive, but they're meant to be better. They snap all the time, then they don't hold as many items and clothing. I was like, just go get the Anko brand from Kmart. You will not fail.
Speaker 2: I bought it. I bought a nice big bag of new clothes Pegs because I mean, yeah, min, I've had the ones that I've been on my line forever and some of them is under you know, your clothes.
Speaker 4: Snap, yeah, snapping. These new ones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like, oh I got these new ones. Like it felt like it felt like New Year's results, New Years knew me new pegs.
Speaker 4: I prepared for this.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, sound so good.
Speaker 4: Then the Wickens thank Lisa, they say, you know, thank you for getting inside of this pickle and he says, don't worry you guys made me feel cool and that's a big thing, Like it's a hard thing to do. March is now the only Witch at least has to worry about is which boy will marry her, which is very margins, very much. It reminds me of the boys Boys that was good over then takes a ride on the dunking stool for fun, I guess, and he gets dunked but he doesn't come back up and the Hillbillies go, oh shit, and they just leave him dunk in the water, and I'm glad it didn't end there. Form I thought, if that's how it ended, that's so family guy, like you were saying very much. So he's dead, that's not how you end the episode. So we now get the credits and Lisa is skating on the ice to season.
Speaker 2: Of the Witch. Yes, indeed, as I mentioned before banger of a Tune by Amman Donovan.
Speaker 4: She's created a little hole in the in the ice and Homer burst out through the ice and I was like, at least you fixed that problem. Yes, And that is the end of Rednecks and Broomsticks.
Speaker 2: Rednecks and brooms.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I kept want to say boomsticks because we had that episode mypods and boomsticks.
Speaker 2: We've made that mistake more than what but we did it off air because you know we're professionals. Yes, so we were very careful to say broomsticks. What do we learn bomber?
Speaker 4: Did you learn anything from this episode? Mister Davis?
Speaker 2: Did I learn anything from this episode?
Speaker 4: Why don't never trust girls that drink grape juice? Would you trust a witch? Would you trust someone that you met who's your age, even because of all ages, right, who believe they were a witch and they it was harmless, They didn't do anything wrong, but they genuinely believed they were doing those witchcruft?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, absolutely, yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean would I be Would I trust someone who said I have magical powers and I can fly on a broomstick and on itself, Like, no, you're nuts. Well, I wouldn't say that to the face because you know, there's a very small chance they might have to have magical powers and turn me into toad. I don't need that that. I don't need it this close to Christmas. I got shit to do. But you know, if any if someone's so many witches that you quite unquote meet these days. Not that I've met that many, but you know I've had my palm read or had tarot readings and all that kind of stuff, and that sort of falls under the witchcraft perview. Yeah, by all means, it means like meeting someone who says they're a Catholic or a Buddhist or something. Yeah, so yeah, absolutely would.
Speaker 4: Do that story of the podcast. One of my best mates when I was in high school, I think, well year eight, year seven, still teenagers, but you know, still children, they're still very young. And we came home from his house one day after school and his mum was doing witch He's like, my mom's a witch, so just don't worry about it. And okay, not what that means, but.
Speaker 2: Those two statements don't go well together. A witch, don't worry, it's.
Speaker 4: Just like she might be doing like witch shit, just just ignore. He don'torry about it. It's just like it's fine, just she's just doing a witch shit, okay. And she'd like two friends over and like I said, we're like year seven maybe year right, I think we're like year seven walking through and they're doing the They got like I had this caldron thing in the middle. People just in the living room, like this smug like a fog coming out of like steamy something. Yeah, and they're always wearing no shirts. They're alders sitting down with this boobs out.
Speaker 2: I was about to say, there's just some nudity involved in the oh, like a cool witch orgit or something.
Speaker 4: All the all three women just in their nickers of the boobs hanging out, and I was just like, it's just like, just keep walking, dude. I'm like, I was like, I'm not worried, but I don't why I keep I'm not worrying about this.
Speaker 2: I'm interested in this witch. I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter.
Speaker 4: She's just like, hi, Joshua and I've never met. To be fine. It's like, oh shit, okay, that's so. There's your there's your mum's boobs.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: You know, when you're like thirteen, you're like, I don't know what to do here.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: I think they were like the first legitimate, like proper boobs in real life.
Speaker 2: When you're thirteen, you don't know what to do. I'm talking about me.
Speaker 4: I was just like, I's like, why can't I turn away.
Speaker 2: To quote down Man Milhouse, Manhattan, I fear to watch. Yeah, I cannot turn away. You ask me what I learned. If I have kids, They're never get in a bunker never, I never know they're terrible, Never get a bunk it. Alliot's got to understand a boppitt bop it, bonk it, twisted it, twist it. But I go over to my mate's house and you know his which mum has got a boobs out, then I'm definitely gonna bunk it. From this day forward, your names will be.
Speaker 4: It is time for the Guy Davis New Name Championship for Rednecks and broomsticks. He Currently the board stands at this In first position, we have Phillip J. Hawkins on twelve points. In second position we have Kyl Muldoonklever Kyle on eight, and in third position Adam Woolhouse on four.
Speaker 2: Take it away, okay, one point goes to x X X rated.
Speaker 4: Is rach Beasley with her first points of the season.
Speaker 2: What on Rach B Sharp Beasley, Kim Beasley. It's a very old little reference could go Simon Beasley. He was a full forward for the Foots Great Bulldogs back in the day, but its gray bulldogs take us back. Indeed, but no exip. We'll just say rach who we Rach Beasley, we admire and a door xxx rated. That's good because you know they have xxx on the mosha. Two points go to which is Brew? Which is Brew?
Speaker 4: That is Justin Williams well on Justin. That puts him up to five points wild on Justin Justin.
Speaker 2: But three points goes to and you know if you put a dole in it, that's usually going to get at least one against three. Docus pocus.
Speaker 4: Welcome to the Woolhouse. It's Adam Woolhouse.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the He's got a new names here.
Speaker 4: Has now gone to seven points. He's not quite cropped to Kyle on second and second on eight points, but he's now climbing up that ladder. Adam Wolhouse now in third position on seven points. We have clever Kyle still on eight and second, and Philip J. Hawkin's on twelve in first position.
Speaker 2: Ooh, that's an interesting, interesting race, an interesting competition.
Speaker 4: Indeed, all right, guys, thinking for all your support, he add four finger discount. Don't forget you can't get in touch with us. It is mailbag at four Finger discount dot com dot You're got a Christmas special coming up and some mailbag episodes. I said, through all your questions and your messages and we'd love to read them all out. And the next season twenty one episode we shall be reviewing Oh Brother, Where Bart Foul? But for now, is it that has any final words For those incredible listeners out there.
Speaker 2: We hope you've enjoyed this episode of four Finger Discount. It's a rich mash base with a sense of danger s