Speaker 1: And now your host for Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, Tam Chase.
Speaker 2: Hi, everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. Hope you're well on this Saturday night. You're Los Angeles Dodgers seventy seven and fifty two, best record in baseball, first place, a top of the NL West. After a series opening walk off win against the Rays last night. Tonight, the Dodgers hoping for a little showtime magic in the second game of this three game series against Tampa Bay. Clayton Kershaw on the mound and what is Lakers Showtime night out of Dodgers Stadium. First pitch coming up at six ' ten. Between that and now, we got a lot to get to here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts, trying to get you your Dodgers Magical Mormon. Shortly, we'll check in with Kirsten Watson. We've got your Otani rewind coming up, which is gonna be epic. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. We got you the latest injury report to Vas's gonna go one on one with Ryan Pepio now with the Tampa Bay Rays not pitching in this series, but we'll hear from the former Dodger coming up, and shortly we'll go out to the Gallping Motors broadcast booth and hear from Stephen Nelson and Rick Monday. Well, last night it was a night to remember for show Hey Otani. He's one of the greatest players to ever play the game, at the age of thirty, in the prime of his career and putting up monster numbers in his first season with the Dodgers. Going into last night's game, Shoey Otani was sitting on thirty nine home runs thirty nine stolen bases. In the fourth, Dodgers down three to nothing, Show Hey, a leadoffs single. Two batters later, Otani stole second.
Speaker 3: Chance of Freddy here at Dodger Stadium. There goes show Hey, here's the throw. There won't be one in old Tani's stolen his fortieth base of the season.
Speaker 2: There it is stolen base number forty, so he's halfway to the forty forty milestone. Meanwhile, on the fifth, Key k Hernandez a much needed three run home run that I had the game at three and gave the Dodgers new life. Bobby Miller his best outing of the season. Six innings, three runs, seven hits, struck out nine along the way. Got into a little early trouble a couple of home runs, but worked himself out of it, battled and gave the Dodgers exactly what they needed. Some length last night from a starter. The Dodgers and Rays so well. They remained tied at three until the bottom of the ninth. Will Smith hit by a piston lead off the inning, Tommy Edmund a single after a sack bunt. Gavin Lux then grounded out. Max Munsey drew a walk to load the bases. Two outs. Bottom of the ninth, the game tied at three, bases loaded for show. Hey o Tony, here we go.
Speaker 3: Posha too, Old Tony high fly ball right field, hit pretty deep on the track, series at.
Speaker 4: The wall fit hit it is over.
Speaker 5: So hey, Old Tony joins the forty forty clip in the most grand fashions, A walk off, great slam. He is being mobbed at the plate as the Dodgers so great A seven three win.
Speaker 6: Oh did you.
Speaker 7: He did?
Speaker 2: Home run number forty, the sixth player in baseball history and it hit forty home runs and still forty bases in his season. He does so in dramatic fashion, a walk off grand slam. Dodgers beat the Rays last night, seven to three. That's the top tier play of the game sponsored by Arco Quality, top tier gas for less show. Hey mobbed by his teammates, gets a bucket bath, gets a curtain call from the forty five thousand fans at Dodgers Stadium. What a night, What a moment. With the win that Dodgers now seventy seven to fifty two, best record in baseball, first place in the NL West, and tonight the Dodgers to look to make it six straight wins. Clayton Kershaw on the mount on Lakers Showtime Night with former Laker greats like James Worthy, Michael Cooper, Kareem and attendance for the Lakers Showtime Era, first pitch coming up at six to ten and with more. Let's head out to the Galpin Motors broadcast booth as we say hello to Steven Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 3: Guys, All right, Tim Kates, s Rick Monday and I are watching the Dodgers continue their pregame preparations. The PFPS are happening now as the Dodgers get ready for Game two for their three game series against the Rais. They can clinch the series tonight against Tampa and make it what six wins in a row? Oh, they're coming off their sixth walk off win, which was capped off by the sixth player to have forty home runs in forty stolen bases in a single year. That'd be sho hey o tiny.
Speaker 8: You know, the electricity was still in the building coming in this afternoon from last night. I mean, it was absolutely remarkable. Every time we see otany come to home plate, we say, hey, wait a minute, don't blink, and you may see something you've never seen before. Well, last night that's the case. The fastest player ever to reach forty home runs forty stolen bases in a single season. How about this one. He's the first ever also to accomplish the forty and forty both of those categories in the same game.
Speaker 3: This is a guy who has and will continue to accomplish a lot of first evers in the game of baseball. That's just the kind of talent that he is.
Speaker 8: And you know it is also kind of craze. That's his first career walk off home run and it comes as he's First of all, it's a Grand Slam. Secondly, it's the forty and forty. It's the fastest that any player has ever gotten to the forty forty. And by the way, here's the guy that came into the ninth inning and the month of August hitting below two hundred. But you never give up on the elite players, and you can put him in that category.
Speaker 3: And also that moment was set up to you know, there's so much got lost in the rest of that game because of Tony's a compliment and understandably so, not trying to take away anything from what happened, but the unselfishness of Gavin Lux not trying to do too much. Max Munsey pinch hit, you can be the hero, right. He did not try to do anything. Grandy didn't get many pitches to hit, but he wasn't jumpy up there, and they just kept passing the baton and really set the stage for that moment. I mean, the pitching staff, thirteen strikeouts, zero walks, Bobby Miller with a quality start for the first time in seemingly forever. There were so many positives last night that we don't want to be forgotten.
Speaker 8: I'm glad you brought up Bobby Miller because we made statements early in the ballgame did last night. Dave Roberts a couple of hours prior to the start of the game, came out and said it was going to be a very important start for Bobby Miller because we're approaching now, getting closer and closer to postseason play, and if Miller was not going to really make a statement, would he be considered on the postseason roster. Well, you look at last night six and he three runs, seven hit, so he gave up a couple of home runs, but that was challenging hitters and he had one one hundred mile an hour fastball turned around. So for Miller, it was a very good outing because he improved greatly. Now it's gonna really be I think something significant we see him the next time he's out there.
Speaker 3: Tonight is significant because you get to watch Clayton Kershaw trying to make it three wins in a row, won his last two starts, one against the Brewers, one against the Cardinals, and he's gonna try and do it again here at Dodgers Stadium and the Dodgers will take the field tonight knowing that the Arizona Diamondbacks did win again in Boston for won the final there zat Gallon, the winning pitcher, Padres and Mets yet to get underway, but the Diamondbacks did win. So the Dodgers got to win again if they're going to maintain pace in front of them in the West.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you guys, as we count you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get your game day meal on and Shaky's Pizza Parlor. Order your Shaky's Pizza Chicken Mojo's Shaky's dot Com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck. Well hear from the manager Dave Roberts. Well, check in with David Bassay, who's got an update on Tyler Glass now and an update on show he O Tani pitching, Yeah, that's coming up. We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup with Clayton Kersh on the mound. But up next you're Otani. Rewind and we'll visit with sports and at Las Kirsten Watson. We're leading you up to Dodgers and Rays on this Saturday night. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kats's Los Angeles Dodgers audio.
Speaker 1: Network is Lorono Casino Dodgers on the Dodgers on deck y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Tampa Bay Rays on this Saturday night. Clayton Kershaw, TODJ Bradley. The pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at sixteen. This is the Otani.
Speaker 3: Rewinde chance of Fredi here at Dodger Stadium. There goes show. Hey, here's the throw. There won't be one. An old Tani who's stolen his fortieth base of the season. Here we go to old Tony high fly ball right field, hit pretty deep on the track.
Speaker 2: Series, he's at.
Speaker 4: The wall fits. It is done and it is old.
Speaker 5: So hey, Old Tani joins the forty forty club in the most grand fashions, a walk off great slam. He is being mobbed at the play as the.
Speaker 2: Dodgers so great a seven three wins, a record breaking night for show.
Speaker 8: Hey.
Speaker 2: Otani joining the forty to forty club, the sixth player ever to do it and the fastest to do it in one hundred and twenty six games. Show Yotani joining Jose Canseco Barry Bonds, Alex Rodriguez, Alfonso Soriano, and Ronald Lecunya Junior as the only players ever in the history of Major League Baseball to hit forty home runs and steal forty bases in a single season. Yo Tani rewind brought to you by eToy In's oio chut, Japan's number one Green Tea and the tea that show Heyo Tani loves and drinks available your local diso stores, Amazon and eto in dot com. That's it o e n dot Com.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 2: Hey Kirsen now joins us on this Saturday night before the second game of this three game series against the Tampa Bay Rays. M Kirsten in the last twenty four hours has been wild show. Heyo Tani is the talk of the world.
Speaker 6: It really is, and he is such a remarkable just person. Yesterday we truly got to witness history him becoming the first Dodger to be a part of the forty forty club, being the fastest player to reach the forty forty club, and we saw him do it in the same game. And then we saw him just icing on the cake just happened to be a walkoff Grand Slam, because why wouldn't it be that way for show Heyo Tani was just it was one of those things being inside the stadium first, you're kind of like, all right, you know, its bottom of the ninth inning, let's get something going, let's win this one, and we don't want to go into the extras like that was I think just the mindset. A lot of fans were still here. It's a Friday night, so it was a good atmosphere at Dodger Stadium. Will Smith comes up to the plate, You're like, all right, you know, let's see, let's see him hit home run, Let's see him get lucky. You know, he gets hit by a pitch, and then it's just like one after another, and then all of a sudden, you're like, wait, Show hayes up to bed and the bases are loaded and they go to the bullpit and you're like, is this gonna happen right now? And if he hits a home run, that's gonna be his fortieth. So now everything's starting to click, and I think Dodgers fans are very knowledgeable and so they were very aware.
Speaker 7: Of that as well.
Speaker 6: And then he hits this ball and it wasn't one hit, like you know, he has some home run, but you're like, it's a no brainer. Listening to Joe and even Stephen last night making the call, it's kind of like he's he's on the grass, he's on the warning field, and then it's a ing and then you just felt everything went just electric. And so I actually I was cheering because all of a sudden, the fan of me was just like, Oh my goodness, it's happening right now. And I was so excited for show Hay and the players were all freaking out. And then it was like, oh, we had this interview, Okay, we gotta do this. Let's like, let's walk back in, let's get this done. So it was something that was for show Hay to have that moment, for it to be here at Dodger Stadium, for his not only for his teammates celebrate him, for the fans to celebrate him. Here they were chanting his name. It was just watching him getting to bask in the excitement of the moment and celebrate him. It was absolutely remarkable to witness something I will truly never forget.
Speaker 2: Kirsten last night you getting soaked the bucket of water.
Speaker 6: It was freezing, tim, And honestly, it's like it's funny because a lot of people were like, oh, you know, she didn't even like Flinn. She's so professional, we're so proud of her.
Speaker 7: And I was like, I was shocked.
Speaker 6: That was complete shock that was happening to me. Like, honestly, had I seen them coming, I would have tried to run because that water is freezing, but I was I didn't even I think because of how we were set up, and there were so much happening in the stadium, and when you're when you interview show Hey, you have him and Will, so you're kind of trying. You're leaning in so that Will can hear you to translate, but also so that show Hey can hear you as well. And it's loud, and so I was just so focused on the two of them that I did not see anyone coming.
Speaker 1: And when the water, I mean.
Speaker 6: You heard show Show Hey yelled, I was like gasping for Eric. Felt like I was just like, what is happening right now? And then JOEI turns and starts pointing at me and laughing, and I was like, sir, this is not the time, this is not the time, but no, it was definitely. It was a fun one. And yeah, now today they're all laughing at me. Migaa Haas he did apologize, he was like, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 7: I felt bad.
Speaker 6: I didn't mean to get you like that.
Speaker 9: I said, that's a lie, that is a lie.
Speaker 7: It is okay.
Speaker 2: You have gone viral with the reaction from the bucket of ice, so took you like a absolutely absolutely Hopefully more to come this season for the Dodgers as far as celebrations is concern curious that we'll check back in with you after the game. Dodger fans and Hancher listening experience by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening in HD. It's all powered by la Care Health Plan serving all Angelinos Lacare dot org. Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. David Bassi goes one on one with Ryan Peppio. Now on the Rays up next Zo, we'll get you an injury report and we'll hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts leading you up to Dodgers and Rays on this Saturday night I'm Tim Katson. This is Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunters on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Maronggo Casino. Dodgers on Deck continues as it leads up to first pitch Dodgers and Raised Marongo Casino Resort in Spy Grand Slam before Good Times. Clayton Kershaw on the mount first pitch of six ten.
Speaker 1: This is the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 2: Report presented by UCLA Healthy Official Medical partner the Los Angeles Dodgers. Tyler Glass now on the iol at the right elbow. Ten and nights. David Bassie has got an update coming up on him and just a few minutes, Yoshin Wibi Albamoto progressing from that strained rotator cuff. More on that coming up as well.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: Let's head back out to Dodger Stadium as we check in with the Dodger skipper Dave.
Speaker 7: Questions for Dave, Dave, can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 2: Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 10: In the dugout with Dave Robberts It was great. I don't know if they ultimately did a beer shower, which typically a lot of times when there's big events or moments, they do a beer shower. But I saw from the post game that he got showered with some water, which is a lot of fun. I just still, you know, just elated that the moment was there and he helped us win.
Speaker 7: A big ball game.
Speaker 10: It's gonna be embedded in the storybooks forever. You know, his night in a Dodge uniform, and I'm sure there's gonna be a lot more special moments coming.
Speaker 9: You guys could talk a lot about how right now is a very important time for the season. You know what the division's standings look like. Can you have moments whether it's like last night or even a few days ago. And even though I know Jason's not the team anymore, but a moment like for his home run, what is that spark for this group as they do get poser to September and then October.
Speaker 10: It's what I think is it sparks that kind of acute sense of where we're at in the season, where we're at in the standings, and appreciating that, embracing it. And I think that you know, even Mickey rose yesterday to get a guy over, getting a guy in, and you just see the bats one through nine are much more competitive. You can you see the emotion from Bobby Miller last night, the relievers, and you know every game is really important and it's good to see that these guys answered the call.
Speaker 2: All right, there's Dave robers down the dugout. Brought to you by Service Titan. Dave Roberts is a Titan in his own right, and he's got a plan before his team gets the field. You need one for your growing contracting business too. At Service Titan help you implement it. Learn more at Service Titan dot com. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll check in with David VESSI gets you the latest. So leads hump to Dodgers and Rays on this Saturday, first pitch of six ten on Tim Kates's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your home for the blue all season.
Speaker 2: Law Law Dodgers and Tampa Bay Rays came two of the three game sent Clayton Kershaw on the Mountain the umpiring crew for tonight's game, brought to you by Fred Lawyer Insurance, celebrating fifty years of providing reliable and affordable car insurance for you and your family. First pitch tonight, coming up at.
Speaker 1: Sixteen, joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 4: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David.
Speaker 2: All Right, David, everybody's buzzing about last night and Showio Tani. But the players, what are they saying about it?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 4: I talked to a few veterans, including Joe Kelly and Blake Triannon, who said they did see the home run go over the wall there in center field. They said they did not see the fan clankt and they go back on the field. They're just looking for it to clear. But Blake Trenton told me he's been part of two Max sures or no hitters, a twenty strikeout game by Max Schuerzer. Joe Kelly obviously has seen a lot. He mentioned Albert pool Hols's seven hundredth home run. They all said that's right at the top of one of their best baseball experience as far as witnessing history. So even the guys in uniform were marveling. And if they weren't in the game or on base, we're certainly enjoying a very very special moment where sho Hey Otani became the first player in Dodger franchise history to hit forty home runs and forty stolen bases and do it faster than any other player in baseball history. So all the guys are just as excited as Otani and all of us were. But the interesting part is I asked a couple of players today whether or not there was an even bigger celebration in the clubhouse from what we saw on the field, and they said, you know what, we were all ready to do a shot with Otani, celebrate him even more. But by the time he was done with his media commitments, guys were leaving the clubhouse because they needed to get out of the stadium. On Friday nights, as you know, it's a light show, so everybody's always in a rush. So that was it last night.
Speaker 2: Dan's driven by four and it's the one thing we like, choices find yours with the four F one to fifty gas hybrid and electric tough, this march can only be called F one fifty Tyler Glasnow, David, you had a chance to catch up with them. What's going on with his elbow? He's just now throwing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when I glass night was very inviting until I asked him about his elbow, and that's where he kind of, I won't say, blew me off, but certainly was not in the mood to give extended answers. But all he told me was the elbow felt fine today playing catch from sixty feet and he said it just takes time to be able to build back up. But as Dave Roberts said, the more time you get away from pitching in games and you know, extending yourself, the longer it's going to take to come back. So sixty feet today, waiting to see when it's one hundred and twenty and when he gets off a mound that is still yet to be determined.
Speaker 2: David final thing Freddy Freeman, he had a chance to talk to him about Jason Hayward and the DFA.
Speaker 4: Yeah, obviously yesterday Freddie Freeman was not in the right spot to give any public comments, but earlier today he spoke to a few of the media to give his thoughts on the surprising move and obviously the DFA of one of his best baseball friends, Jason Hayward.
Speaker 11: Forever, how long he's here, he's going to make a lasting impact for many minia years beyond when he's done with his time here. And I think it brings true and every single person in this organizations clubhouse is set, you know. It's the impact he's had on so many people, I mean lasting attacks and he made a lot of the young guys better. And that's really wanted to be here in the first place, because I know what kind of pact.
Speaker 7: He's gonna have on certain people's careers that they go forward.
Speaker 4: Freddie Freeman also said that Hayward is not returning anybody's texts. He has gotten three himself, but Hayward is not in the mood to exchange any pleasantries at least right now.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's disappointed to hear. Dave appreciate it. Good information. We'll check back with you just a little bit coming up here on Marongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck TV goes one on one with Ryan Pepio at former Dodger Now at the race coming up though, we'll get you Dodgers magical moment, don't go anywhere, lead you up to Dodgers and Rays on this Saturday night. I'm Tim Kass, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 12: Network as we were saying, yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Tampa Bay Rays. But you can curshot Todge Bradley the pitching matchup game two of his three games set Dodgers winners of five in a row. Overall. First pitch at six ten.
Speaker 1: I had without a hot Dog who went at It's time for the Hawfe Magical Moment Ditch Magical Magic Phone.
Speaker 2: Presented by Hawfy Hot Dogs. Go back to Game five of the twenty twenty World Series in Arlington, Dodgers and the Rays. Clayton Kershaw Cott Man Well Margo stealing.
Speaker 13: The Dodgers three Rays two.
Speaker 4: Now coming home and trying to steal the plate. Marco is out of the plate.
Speaker 13: Man Will Marco ahead, first slide Kevin Cash hoping for a replay reprieve. He's asking the umpire home plate Umpire Marvin Hudson hold the phone. It was a straight attempted steal at the plate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, didn't work. Dodgers go on to win the World Series in twenty twenty, beating the Tampa Bay Rays. This Hoey Magical Moment brought to you by a Hofey hot Dogs, a soak Ou treasurer for over one hundred years. Visit hoffeybrand dot com to find out where you can purchase cravelicious Hoffy hot Dogs. We continue on Dodgers on Deck. We all check in with Rick Monday. We're leading you up to first pitch on this Saturday night Dodgers and Ray's. I'm Tim Kase's Los Angeles Dodgers audio nowhere.
Speaker 1: It's Lorongo Casino, Dodgers on, Dodgers on Deck. Y'all on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Tampa Bay Rays on this Saturday night, Clayton Kershaw on the mound. First pitch set for six ' ten. Dodgers fans, start your future to California Community College. Financial aids available to help you with tuition, books, yeah, and sometimes even the rent. It's time to take that next big step. Classes can fillow quickly, so enroll today and I can go to college dot com.
Speaker 1: And now joined by David Masseying, here's LA Dodgers broadcast and World Series Champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 4: All right, Rick Monday as the Showtime Lakers are being introduced over the Dodger Dougout.
Speaker 8: Yeah, this is a fun time for those of us that grew up in this area and seeing the guys that we used to watch a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, nowadays you hear about how players support different sports in the same city. How much did the world champion Dodgers support the world champion Lakers in the eighties.
Speaker 8: Yeah a lot. And even before then, I mean, this has been a deal I used in high school my uncle. I mean we were a big, big everybody fan in La. My uncle was saying, hey, look, especially the Lakers going into the playoffs. He said, look, if you drive downtown and they played in the sports arena at the time, if you go down and buy the tickets, I'll pay for them. So I'm in high school, so I got up early in the morning. A guy drive downtown to stand in line to the sports arena, be able to get the tickets and then be able to get to school on time. So that was that was the big deal. In fact, we start to talk about guys that have played the game. We went to a game, my uncle and I did. It's Santa Monica. Then's Santa Monica City College. Go watch a basketball game. It was a UCLA freshman team who was playing, and so we see him come out u c l A and they're coming out to.
Speaker 4: Hey, here's one of their teams.
Speaker 7: Came more up.
Speaker 8: Another guy that's a big basketball fan, Kenny Landro just walked into the boot. So anyway, we're seeing this guy come on the onto the court and not thinking watching him, he said, Okay, he shooting pretty pretty well. But you know, I said, oh, that must be the coach's son because he was not anywhere near the height of the other guys. Well, then we saw him play the game and I go, oh, my goodness, look at him play the game.
Speaker 4: It was Gail Goodrich Stumpy.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and that was his freshman year. And watching that, so these guys were people that I looked up to. And when you talk about Kareem, you talk about James Worthy and Michael Cooper and the guys that are here tonight, for me, that's like a visitation back to earlier years when it was a big, big deal the sports as it still is. You look at all the sports teams now here in Los Angeles. We're really blessed to be able to bick and choose and see what's going on.
Speaker 4: A lot of the role players for the Lakers are on top of the Dodger dugout right now. But would you compare Kenny Landro to a Michael Cooper. He was one of the very vital role players that used to get some big starts and caught the final out of the eighty one World Theory.
Speaker 8: He caught the final one and then he jumped into the air after they was able to catch it. He's standing here very humbly, kind of putting up with us. But I also noticed that he's wearing a ring that I have a matching a matching ring from the World Championship in nineteen n eighty one.
Speaker 4: He'd be very proud to know. My eight year old son told me he does not like the Yankees.
Speaker 8: Oh, I love him even more because I grew up that way with exception of Mickey Mantle. And then I got to play against Mattel I think it was his final year. We were our final two years, and then we were on an All Star team together. My first All Star game. And to have Mickey Mantle call you by your first name, I've going, oh, my goodness, so what does this come to?
Speaker 4: That's a pinch me moment. Similar to last night with show Hayo Tom, how.
Speaker 8: Many times have you heard me say when you come to the ballpark, you never know what you're going to see, And none of us have seen what we saw last night, and that was for show he O'tani becomes a forty to forty man. Here's the other part too. He's the first one to ever have forty forty and accomplish both of those numbers in the same game. He had his fortieth stolen base that came in the fourth inning, and then he had his fortieth home run, a grand slam walk off that was in the bottom of the ninth inning. And by the way, for show heyo Tani because you believe that was his first career walk off home run and it's number forty of the season and it's a grand Slam.
Speaker 4: We'll see what he does to top it tonight. Rick, we'll check back in with you and Stephen Nelson a little bit laid forward to it, David, Hey, showtime, Rick, Big, showtime. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 2: Tim, all right, thanks a lot.
Speaker 7: DV.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Baseball is brought to by a Speedy Cash, official sponsor of every LA weekend. Find out more at speedycash dot com. Stop in LA area Speedy Cast Store. Still to come here On Dodgers on Deck, we'll get you a preview of this pitching match up. Stephen and Rink will have the keys to the game. But up next, we go high and tight with former Dodger now Ray pitcher Ryan Pepio leading up to Dodgers and Rays Lakers showtime being honored tonight at Dodgers Stadium. Lakers of the eighties some of the best. First pitch coming up at six ten. I'm Tim Kasi's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Tampa Bay Raise Clayton Kershaw, TODJH. Bradley the pitching matchup on this Saturday night. First pitch coming up at six ten. Dodgers Baseball presented by Children's Hospital Los Angeles. When you need the very best care for your child, go to Children's Hospital LA rank number one in California for pediatric care. Find the right doctor at CHLA dot org.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vess a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 2: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 4: Well, the Tampa Bay Rays are in town, which means old friend Ryan Pepio is back in Los Angeles. Great to see him and his butler Mullet. Thanks a lot for the time, appreciated.
Speaker 7: Thanks Day giving me back.
Speaker 4: Oh man, it is so good to see you. How's your season gone in Florida.
Speaker 14: It's been great, you know, really happy with where I am. Been, a great group of guys in great clubhouse to be a part of.
Speaker 4: One of the best pitchers the Rays have in their rotation. Despite my tweet, I feel shamed now.
Speaker 7: No, you're good. You had to do what you gotta do to your job. No, no, no, it's okay. It's okay.
Speaker 14: I don't need the spotlight. Yeah, Boz and tajh and they're throwing the ball really well. So it's been fun to watch.
Speaker 4: You're having a great year too. Nineteen starts. Your era is below four three and a half in a tough al East. Your whip I don't have to tell you. How have you been able to navigate such a tough division.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 14: I think a lot of it was starting here in Los Angeles, you know, a tough division here and then going to another tough division just kind of feel like it prepared me a little bit. And then the pitching staff and department over in Tampa has been has been great, and just continuing efforts to just keep me throwing the ball in the zone and letting guys get themselves out.
Speaker 4: It feels like young guys when they get traded, it kind of makes the the maturation process speed up a lot. Do you feel like you had to grow up really quick after being traded?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 14: I feel like I kind of grew up a lot between my first and second year here in LA. But I think going through that whole experience, and you know, getting the spring training and meeting everybody, getting down there early so I could get acclimated to Florida and get accimated to everyone staff wise and the team really helped. But I think just going there and just fully buying in and just trusting what they had and what they saw in me and believed really helped.
Speaker 4: What's it? What's it like to be with the Rays? Kevin Cash and their pitching coach I heard is amazing. Does it feel like you just put on a different uniform, but it's the same process.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I love it. So was similar.
Speaker 14: Think a lot of just the main difference is maybe just the way things were messaged, you know stuff. Aaron Tampa's very simplified. Cash is great, really supportive, you know. He he's always pulling for us and wants to steal our best and then snides on the pitching side and the rest of the pitching department, they've been great. They're just doing whatever they can to help help us continue to get better each between starts.
Speaker 4: Ryan Pepio is our guest in front of first pitch between the Dodgers and Rays. Pepio is not pitching in this series. He'll be pitching in Seattle against the Mariners. But it feels like the change up and everything else is still very Ryan Pepio this year.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I throw a lot of change ups.
Speaker 14: Fastball isn't good, slider mixing a little cutter, no more lefties, and then uh, we talked about a five pitch mixed the other a couple of years ago, and that have about the curve ball back, so a little bit of a grip change that they helped me in Tampa with so just you know, tinkering things and adding extra tools with toolbocks.
Speaker 4: How much are you keeping tabs on some of your former teammates like Gavin Stone or Bobby Miller? Are you watching those?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 14: Absolutely, you know, you go through the minor leagues, you go through seeing those guys get called up, you know, playing on the same team.
Speaker 7: You obviously want to follow all your buddies.
Speaker 14: You know, you go through a full season, you go through the grinds of an actual season with all those guys, You really get to know them because you end up spending more time with them in your own family. So just being able to see the success that those guys had, and obviously I'm going to keep tabs on them because they're my buddies and I want them to do well.
Speaker 7: You know, you always want your friends to do well.
Speaker 4: I'm sure you're the guy that is least surprised that Gavin Stone was able to make this jump. What is it about Gavin Stone that he has such an even keel personality.
Speaker 14: He's always been that way, always been even keel, had always been stone cold. H So you know he just goes out there and pitches, you know, I think similar to me, my first year. You know, you kind of get your teeth kicked in a little bit and you kind of learn from it, and you know, sometimes you need that experience to you know, make the correct adjustments to see that when you do have some success, your stuff does play in the big league level and at this level. And just to watch him go out there and you know, take what he learned from last season and then go and have a stellar season like he has this year.
Speaker 7: It's been fun to watch them far.
Speaker 4: When you're part of a staff like you are with the Rays, you guys have some pretty good young pitching. And also next year you're getting back Shane McClanahan, so the future is even brighter with you part of it. What's it like getting to know some new pictures about the way they go about things.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it's cool because you know, coming from here, he had a lot of guys that you could bounce ideas off of, especially with kursh and Walker and Tony d May all the guys and veteran presents. And then you go over to Tampa and you got the young guys like Baz and Taj, and then you have Springs and Rass and Sharon because Shane's over rehabing in Tampa, so he's there every day, so you know, you get to bounce ideas and you get to learn stuff that I learned here, and then also stuff that I learned from the guys in Tampa. And just take ideas from every single person and you know, fit what makes work for me, and maybe take a piece from one of the young guys, take a piece fro somebody who's been doing it for a while, and you know, make it my own.
Speaker 4: Before I let you go, I was at Brad Paisley's bar when Eric Neander and Andrew Friedman aid the trade to send you to Tampa Bay. I got to know Neander that night. He seems to be a great guy and really cares about his players. Have you had that experience with him?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Absolutely. Eric's been awesome.
Speaker 14: One of the first people to call me when everything went down, really just made me feel like I was at home, really made me feel and my wife, make us feel like we're coming to a good situation, and really eased our minds when everything was kind of going crazy. So you know, I'm really thankful for him and all the effort that he put in to make us feel comfortable and welcomed, because without that, you know, I would have been going crazy in my mind. But he's been great, nothing but nothing but great things to say about him.
Speaker 4: Hey, I watch more Raise games now than I ever did in my life. But I only watch them every fifth or sixth day when Ryan Pepio is on the mound, and I'll be watching on Monday night.
Speaker 14: You can't forget about Johnny and Club too. You know you got other few. Come on now, I.
Speaker 4: Want to see that blonde stash of Johnny DeLuca.
Speaker 7: It's there, it's there. He did shave it off for a little bit, but it's back. It's back.
Speaker 4: I get to watch de Luca when you pitch. That's when I check in.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there you go, there you go.
Speaker 4: Thanks Ryan. Great to see you, and I'm glad you keep me honest. I needed that in my life again. Somebody's got to yeah, right, Ryan Peppio, he's the fact checker right here. Thanks a lot for the time. Great to see that smile, and man, you never know. Full circle things sometimes happen in baseball. But we're keeping tabs on you in South Florida.
Speaker 7: Thank you very much. I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: There he is the legend of Saint Pete, Ryan Pepio. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 2: Tim, all right, thanks a lot. DV Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio broadcast. But it's game night, It's group night at Shaky's dot Com. Lead you up to first pitch Dodgers and Rays up next, dive deeper into this pitching matchup. Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Kays's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino, Dodgers on deack on your home for the blue All season.
Speaker 2: Law Dodgers Tampa May Rays on this Saturday night. The Lakers showed Time being honored tonight with the giveaway T shirt. Players from the Showtime Lakers being honored on top of the Dodgers dugout, including Michael Cooper who's going in to the Hall of Fame later on this year. Great to see Michael Thompson out there and the great Cream Abdul Jabbar, James Worthy, Kurt Rambis are all out there. Silk Jamaal Wilkes out there as well. Great to see all those guys. So we lead you up to Clayton Kershaw, Todge Bradley, Dodgers and race first pitch coming up at sixteen and.
Speaker 1: Now before the Dodgers hit the dinack, we look at the pitching matchup for present.
Speaker 2: About your Southern California Toyota Dealers turn your trail dominating off roading dreams into a reality in an all new twenty twenty four Tacoma See or Toyota Dealer Today they make it easy.
Speaker 1: TODJ.
Speaker 2: Bradley twenty three year old right hander born in southern California but raised in Georgia. He is six and eight with a three fifty five ERORA, fifth round pick of the Rays in twenty eighteen out of high school in Georgia. His second season now in the big Leagues, making his nineteenth start this year last time out six innings, three runs, five hits, two strikeouts and a loss to the A's. In fact, he's lost four straight starts in the month of August. He's zero and three with an eight forty ERA, and this is his first time facing the Dodgers. Clayton Kershaw on the mound, the thirty six year old future Hall of Famer two and two with a two sixty three ERA in his seventeenth season, now with the Dodgers, making his six starts since returning from offseason shoulder surgery. Last time out his best six shutout innings. He scattered his four hit struck out two in a win over the Cardinals last Sunday in Saint Louis. He owns a two to zero career record against the Rays in three starts, with a three twenty six ERA and twenty two strikeouts. He last faced him the regular season may have last year. He recorded a no decision after giving up four earned runs six hits through five innings of work. Clayton Kershaw, Todd Bradley, Dodgers Rays. We're fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game. Our next I'm Tim Kats's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and the Rays. Clayton Kershaw on the Mount Dodgers fans and Hansher listening experienced my dadline of the iHeartRadio app and listening in HD. It's all powered by our friends at la Care Health Plan serving all Angelinos la care dot org. First pitch coming up at six head Before that, though, let's head back out to Stephen Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 3: Guys, all right, TC, Rick Monday and I are getting excited because Clayton Kershaw is gonna take the ball once again for the Dodgers. And Mal I know we talk about Clayton Kershaw Appreciation Day every single time he starts. But goodness, what stands out to me about kursh especially this year on the heels of his first major shoulder operation, right, is the way that he knows everybody knows that his stuff is not what it used to be, but he's still is like he's an artist out there. Is the way that he pitches, the way that he attacks, the way that he navigates a lineup in this era where it's all about throwing in stuff in spin and metrics, Clayton Kershaw, there's a reason why he's a statue player, a Hall of Fame player.
Speaker 8: You know what I think is really at the top of the ledger the way he thinks, because the way he thinks is Okay, look, I don't throw the ball ninety four, ninety five, ninety six, but the slider has been devastating. He throws it now, high percentage of time. That's been very good pitch for him. He understands the fact is that, look, you can get hitters out without having to throw a ball two hundred miles an hour past them. He's always had that in his back pocket. But then you start to add the accuracy, how he thinks and how he observes hitters. In other words, are they having a good swing of the slider, bad swing and a slider? How can I go ahead and take advantage?
Speaker 3: It'll be the lefty kersh against the right handed Taj Bradley for the Tampa Bay Rays. Sho hey Otani will continue his march toward more history. Yes, the sixth player ever with forty and forty, but he's on pace for fifty and fifty. Keep in mind, no player has even gotten to forty five and forty five in a single year. Shoe heel O'tani has plenty of time to accomplish that. For tonight, his focus is to help the Dodgers win this series against the Raids.
Speaker 2: Tim Overde all right, thanks Nelly. As the Dodgers going to play tonight seventy seven and fifty two. They've got a three and a half game lead over the Arizona Diamondbacks. Diamondbacks have already won today. They beat the Boston Red Sox four to one, so they picked up a half game as we speak, three and a half games back. Currently, the Padres four and a half games back. Padres at a home taken on the New York Mets Mets with an early one to nothing lead going to the second inning. So we'll keep an eye on what's happening at pet Go Apart with the Dodgers again, need to keep winning. The two teams behind them also keep winning, the Diamondbacks and Padres, who are three and a half and four and a half games back, respectively in the division. As the Dodgers and Ray is getting ready to go at it, Clayton Kershaw on the mound, enjoyed everybody. First pitch is next. I'm sim Case's member, Go Casino Dodgers on deck on the Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network