Speaker 1: All right, our number two, and we know what that means. It means that we're gonna have a lot of talk. We got reffing down here. We got moments to get into these kinds of things. Bart is bringing them to the table. So I will be intrigued as to what is on Bart's mind when it comes to reffing down here. Very very busy weekend on a bunch of different fronts. Women's national team, men's national team, Gold Cup. And as we talked about with A Gordon, our number one, be careful what you wish for, you might get it. You point your finger at Canada and you go, ha ha ha. Wasn't so funny, now, was it. Now we're bringing Bart Keeler from the soccer for us PO D. What is up, sir? Oh you went back to your background?
Speaker 2: I did? I did.
Speaker 1: Sorry, no worries, No, it's it's I'm just you know. I was like, oh, he went back to his background.
Speaker 2: We're in the process of re not decorating, recalibrating, reconfiguring the office room. So it's a mess behind me because I'm trying to up pile things up. Then I throw away John. I threw away a printer, which at first off the shock is that the millennial here had a printer, but it was old, so we had to get rid of it.
Speaker 1: Understood, absolutely understood. I guess we could kind of start with this. We'll go we'll go ahead, and we'll go ahead and go here before we get everything all gassed up for the weekend. Sorry buddy for Britzio Romano has come in this morning, thanks ropes. And it appears Malik Tilman to Bayer Levercusan. Here we go, here we go. Verbal in place between all parties involved, transfer feever around thirty five to forty million euro total package. Long term deal agreed with Tilman Byron have a buy back clause, but lever Cusan now considers the verbal agreement done, so Malik Tilman to buyer lever Cusan as a here we go from f Ritzio Romano this morning.
Speaker 2: You know, I think this is a potentially great move for Tillman. He has balled out at PSV for a couple of years now. You know, I think the one knock you could have is he obviously got hurt last year, so he didn't have that full season. But he's been really good for PSV and Leverkusen needs someone to fill the gap of uh, you know, Flora Florian verts firts as I'm saying that correctly. I think I'm not a German expert, but you know, his departure leaves a hole in that attacking set up for Leverkusen, and and maybe Tillman can feel that. I don't know if he is fully that guy, but I think he can be part of that solution. But hey, good move for him.
Speaker 1: Yes, and we like it when there are good moves involving US players with heavy with heavy and hefty price tags to anything and everything. Where would you like to start? You want to start with the women's the men's team, you want to start with Gold Cup in general? Where do you want to go?
Speaker 2: I want to start actually with a little bit about this weather conversation because it does fall into roughing down here, John, Yeah, uh, And I kind of just want to continue that because I think, first off, and this is just another example of the European mind not being able to comprehend anything that's outside of Europe. And you know, the pearls are clutched because something goes on differently than it does in Europe. Yes, Look, I think that there are legitimate concerns about playing a competition where you do have so many delayed games because of weather. What I don't think these people understand is these are not weather delays out of you know, thin air. I mean, actually they kind of are, because that's how weather appears a lot of times in the US, and you know it's not going to happen. It's not going to fix itself. Because you maybe play in New York or Philly, you know they can have these types of storms just as well. And I think that is a tarn because as a tournament organizer and then as a referee on the field, I'll start kind of locally at that where for me as a referee at this level and usually when you're on the field as a referee in this case is very different like at that pro tournament level. But at my level I am and I tell maars, if we think that there's possible weather coming, hey be looking at the sky and if you see something. And I've had to do it many times as an ar, I've had ars do it for me. You gotta put flag up and let me know. Because the thing that I don't think they understand, and that all of us in this chat in this country, understand is lightning is not something to be tested. And there's a reason electricity was vented as it was invented here. It's because Vendamin Franklin had free and readily access to lightning. You know, I'm if the fable goes the way we think it goes, and so that type of volatile weather is just definitely not something they deal with necessarily in Europe, and so they don't understand that. The reason we have, you know, I'm not quite sure what their radius is, but ours is at least five miles, sometimes up to ten, because you don't know what that weather can bring, and you don't know how quickly it can shift. You don't know. Also with lightning specifically, it can move and start here but then move, you know, down from the sky. And as a referee, your job first and foremost is player safety, and John one of the biggest threats to player safety is gonna be weather, especially like this, and so I think FIFA and the local organizing committee need to kind of come up with a better plan to deal with it. I think it's fair, but the problem is the plan is don't get struck by lightning. Yes, you know, I mean, you know, the other plan could just be built a billion dollar stadium with a roof on it and you don't have to worry about it. But I am not a multi billionaire David Tepper, so what do I know?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So here's the rundown, just for folks for twenty six. As to what it looks like, Estadio Mexico City. Not a roof, met Life, not a roof, at and T roof, GI Hot, not a roof, nr G roof, Mercedes Benz roof, so far roof lumen, not a roof, but not really a place for thunderstorm.
Speaker 2: I'm not worried about it. Rain possibly, but even then not that.
Speaker 1: Much, right Levi's rain, but not thunderstorms. Yeah the link I would defer to Rich Ransom in this case, but I would say rain maybe heat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think thunderstorm is a possibility in Philly they did have a delay I think there, but like not as not as possibility as Charlotte.
Speaker 1: Yes, hard rock, no roof, but somewhat covered for fans Gillette weather, but not maybe necessarily. It is the random thunderstorm BC place covered Studio BBVA. I can't think of any weather. Really that's a texted one today because of altitude, Studio Acron and Guadalajara same bemo weather, but not thunderstorms. The venues for twenty six are there and kind of you know, sift your way through them. But remember also that you're dealing with Gold Cup venues in addition to having to host you're hosting two tournaments simultaneous country. So you're not getting maybe the venues that you're hunting for or you're.
Speaker 2: Let's just be frank John. Also, the Gold Cup has not had these issues, no, and part of that reason is we're not starting games at noon or three pm. And that is the unfortunate reality of the World Cup is when you have forty eight teams and despite having multiple okay, you're going to be playing it a lot, right, You're gonna have multiple time slots. And because again the European audience can't dare to stay up later or wake up early, we have to play games in time slots that work for them. You know, personally, I would say you have games at three, at six, at nine, and then you have maybe one that is a midnight kickoff because those are your West Coast games, and I know that's crazy, but you know if it allows you to play some three pm games in those covered stadiums, right, and then you have for midnight, you have those kickoffs, which would be nine local, which is a perfectly acceptable start time. I think for World Cup matches also going to be a lot cooler. Yeah, you know, for maybe the Mexico and specifically California.
Speaker 1: Then you'd end up with the breakfast In Europe.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's what I'm saying, is that the worst thing is if they have to wake up at five, six pm or am to watch the game. We have to do it all the time. So again I'm just asking the Europeans to understand that, believe it or not, the soccer world does not revolve around you. What you might have to make some concessions. So I would say you start at three and play those games in your domed stadiums, So Atlanta, Dallas, Houston or you know, you can do those in and I know it's going to be hot, but Toronto, Boston, you know, you find ways to make those kickoffs work. Your six pm can be anywhere, you know, central or East coast. And then your nine and midnight kicks, which are these are my local times are or eastern times are more west coast, and that would just be the Again, they need to This is FIFA's inherent problems. They think they know how to soccer better than anyone else and the reality is the people on the ground who have been literally planning tournaments and matches throughout these countries kind of do know better and they need to have some input in that because if not, you are going to deal with some rain delays. I mean, we do have delays in MLS, right, we were aware of that. We do have times where a thunderstorm rolls through. I do think with a lot of a seven thirty kicks we haven't had that many and we know why. It's because usually that weather has rolled through. So anyway, the point is as a referee, as a tournament organizer, you are beholden to laws of both physics and nature, and I think FIFA needs to try to do a little bit better to respect those laws of physics and nature.
Speaker 1: Yes, so, because as we all know, there are two folks undefeated and it's Father Time and Mother Nature. Okay, so where would you like to go? First, women's national team.
Speaker 2: Let's start women's national team because it's the least to talk about, but is probably the most fun to talk about.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, it was a couple of friendlies and they basically tcped their way through them both.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Look, I think Ireland is a decent enough opponent where you have to try, but you don't have to try too hard, which gives Emma a lot of opportunities to try out some new faces. And I think that was really the best part of what we saw was especially a player like Jordan Bug who I was. I thought she played really well in the couple of times you know, she played most of the match yesterday I got at an appearance on Thursday. I thought that was really positive. You know. I think some of the others maybe not great. But what I saw specifically yesterday with the much more experimental lineup, I think is fair to say certainly with a lot of players that haven't played before, is there is a lot of talent and ability, but they have to learn what it means to play at the international speed because they were a little slow, and it felt like times they were playing at like I don't know, point five speed, point seven five speed, and they just need to pick up that tempo and they need to figure out how to play quicker, especially a lot of times they were getting caught on the turn or they weren't passing the ball quick enough. Because Ireland is a good team, those gaps close quickly, right, And that is what I saw yesterday. But then you bring on players like Lessa Thompson and that tempo of that speed gets increased, and so I think that's a learning curve. But the fact that you still put together a four nil win despite again playing a little bit on the slow side is probably the best takeaway is there's still a lot of very good talent out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And the number that was posted all eleven starters on Sunday play in the NWSL, Yes, seventy seventh time that had occurred in a USW and T starting eleven, the first time since January of twenty three. So you're talking two and a half years since the last time you had all INWSL starting eleven. Just so folks know what the starting eleven was. In net you had Man mc glenn from Utah Defense, Emily Sam's Orlando her fifth cap, Jordan Bugs second cap from Seattle, Tara McEwan Washington Spirit, number seven, seventh cap. Izzy Rodriguez her first cap and UH for her from Kansas City, current midfield Sam mesa first cap ever, Seattle Croy Bethune fourth cap, Washington Spirit, Olivia Moulton.
Speaker 2: Where is she from though? Where's she from? Though?
Speaker 1: I believe the believe it would be from like you know here, from here, Olivia Moultrie, Portland ninth, ninth cap. Forwards, Emma Sears Racing Louisville her seventh, Lyndby Endelo her eighty second. He has been rock for eleventh. Subs Sam Coffee from Portland, Ali Center from Utah, Claire Hutton from Kansas City, Alista Thompson, Angel City, Rose Lavelle Gotham. So that's what you're staring at isz Rodriguez becomes the twenty fourth player to score on her w uswn T debut, first so as a starter since Kristen Press scored against Scotland in twenty thirteen.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, yeah again. I thought this lineup was it was interesting for a couple of things. One, this is the first time we've seen i'm a really trought out a true three back system. Obviously she's put four defenders out there a lot of times, but kind of had someone stay home. This was a true like those are all three center backs. I thought Emily Sam struggled a little bit, which goes against my agenda that she should be starting next to Naomi Germa, but you know, she was playing as a right center back. It was a little bit different. I think Tara mccoon is still not she's she's just not there for me yet and maybe I'm not seeing it. I know her passing is pretty decent, but again it's just not the defensive solidity that I think we might want. But then I also, you know, see that that midfield was very inexperienced, even if you want to talk about Moultrie, who has I mean, she's got seventeen years of experience and professional soccer at the age of seventeen. It just felt like it wasn't quite as get as quick as it needed to be. They were not moving off the ball as sharply as they needed. But again, you kept a clean sheet, you got four goals, and congrats to Izzy for getting her first goal. I mean that was it wasn't like she had to do a whole lot, But I'll just say that the finish itself was great. Great little volley there and the fact that she was there in position to clean up after you know, a good build up play that then got spoiled is the positive because the US is going to create a lot of opportunities, a lot of chances, and you need your kind of Sam Coffee esque midfielders, which is what Izzy was kind of doing in this game, being in and around the top of the box ready for the to clean up the trash. And that was that was good to see you bring on the subs John, And look, Alyssa Thompson is I mean, she might be the starter now and I know we have the obvious caveat that Triple Espresso is not here. Obviously some of the other European players on here, specifically like Kat Maccario not here. I think it's possible that Alissa Thompson has supplanted malpw on that Mouse wantson excuse me on that possibly even soph Smith that she's gonna plan lest like, I think she has worked herself as into the starting position.
Speaker 1: Okay, a couple of thoughts from David that I wanted to have you address. Still struggling to see what Alie Senter brings off sidele that it seems like an ash Hatch type finds ways to get goals, but against a tougher competition gets lost. Thompson's a real deal. She can feel a triple Espresso.
Speaker 2: She yeah. I think the Sentineur is one of those where is she in the conversation? If everyone is healthy, she might not be on that roster, right because if you're looking at again and at twenty twenty seven, you hopefully have back Sam Wilson or soph Wilson, Male Swanson, Uh, maybe Trinity is back healthy. You know, those are three that we're talking about the triple Espresso. So that puts a player like who I think has been good yeas, I mean Ryan down the list obviously, Trinity, Alyssa Thompson down the list. That's five wingers right there. Are you bringing sint Nor as a sixth winger when you also want to bring in a Cat Maccario and possibly a Jaden Shaw as an attacker. I don't know exactly what that looks like, but that is the question for sent Nor. She's kind of playing to just be part of that winger group. At the same time, I think sent Nora is good enough and learning enough. And again we have two years into the World Cup, so that's really what we're building toward here. I mean, we have a year and a half until qualifiers, which is I ranched about that on Twitter the other day. That's what we're building to hers. So if she's not great now, but you can see sparks of it, I'm fine with keeping her because she's gonna score. She loves to score a banger and I'm here for that, and I think we need to if you're telling me David that, like, hey, Sentineor is on the bench, because if you need to go in the seventy fifth minute on I love it because she's going, she's going to try to score, and that you have to have those types of players in your team. But again, is she top five winger if everyone's healthy. I don't know, but you know to say that the girl isn't better than you know, automatically replacing. So for mal Or, trend isn't a knock on her.
Speaker 1: Yep. And then the follow up on McEwan line splitting past is terrible short passes defending, she concerns me long term as a defender.
Speaker 2: That's one hundred percent. I mean, I think her passing accuracy and line breaking passes is very good. But I don't think she's a good enough one be one to or in space defender to really be relied upon, and that's kind of the concern. But again, Jordan Bud getting a debut is great. I think she looked pretty good. And again we're talking twenty twenty five, John. We do not have to win meaningful games until November twenty twenty six, right, and even then we talked about group stage of a CONCACAF W Championship. It's not like we're you know, we just have to make sure we win our group or get out of our group in that tournament. So I'm not super worried. But for me, McCowen is just dropping down the list every time he's here to play, because I agree, her defensive solidity is just not it's not there.
Speaker 1: Hey, Jared, good morning. Where it is eight twenty yeah, and so yeah, it is the ten o'clock hour to Monday, and we have blown through our women's national team discussions, so we can talk about the men's national team and how much fun they are to watch in the Gold Cup.
Speaker 3: Honestly, it's fine for me because again it's two hours behind, so like those seven pm primetime games are five o'clock for me. Like that's like, oh, we're gonna go grab a bite to eat, sit outside and watch the game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's great.
Speaker 2: That's what I want to know, Jared, You're watching these on tape delay basically, But like, how does.
Speaker 3: That because what's happening.
Speaker 2: I mean you're watching this, I mean some of these Club World Cup games, you're still eating breakfast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's great again, highly recommended. Also, like Wednesday night, I was done with it Landy and I at nine thirty. This is fine. Seven thirty. I was done seven thirty and I was like, bro, still got time to catch a movie. This is great.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You see how he's wired the Mountain time zone.
Speaker 3: So uh, it's great out here. Actually, thank you very much. Yes, every everyone lied to us about coming out here. First of all, plenty of good restaurants, plenty of like diverse restaurants that are tasty and that are not just bland nothingness, and plenty of fun things to do. So I feel like I was lied to by people who just by a bunch of people who just watched Bravo and watch one trash ass reality TV show and decided to build their entire existence on an entire city based on one trash ass show instead of experiencing a place, God forbid, God forbid we ever go outside and experience the world outside of our own front door.
Speaker 2: I mean, a trash TV show based on people who live in tax brackets.
Speaker 3: Will never imagine, never imagine, not not even not even getting close to bud. But it did give me a fun thing yesterday where you know, grab lunch and watch Jesse Marsh fall into an open manhole cover. Because there's a few things I enjoy more than watching Jesse Marsh fall into an open manhole cover. After spending over a year being this trolling ass try hard who is absolutely and look, the US national team deserves to be trolled and ridiculed at plenty of times. It does a lot of things that deserve that one Bart John and I have sat here and done that many times and lamented the US national the men's national team's entire existence. But Jesse Marsh sitting over here for the last god since he didn't get hired for the job, sitting in the corner firing off one liners like the guy who got turned down by the girls going to prom and then decided to make it his entire personality to troll that girl.
Speaker 1: So so Jared, you mean to discuss this particular moment that happened yesterday courtesy of our friends at two DNA. Provided it hits.
Speaker 2: The bend, then Jersey's baro by.
Speaker 3: Bravn' bravnn barow such a bigod after this bo.
Speaker 2: Juan de malla qua malla.
Speaker 3: Ma ben di no man man dino man and yours a quesz quate mala guate de mala.
Speaker 1: Lea that moment, that call, and I will say this once again thanks to our friends at two day.
Speaker 3: Shout out to usl legend Rubio Rubin too.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, the whole call of the tail end, like the last three minutes. Two to NA posted the full three minutes and it's moments like that that are universal and that's why I pulled like that forty second clip because you literally have play by play guys crying in the booth as Guatemala makes it to the Semis for the first time in twenty nine years. That was That was a fun listening and a fun watch to see their reactions and when the goal was scored and we'll get back to Shaffelberg. I guess is a part of reping down here. You know, you get the moment with the equalizer. From that moment on, with thirty minutes to go, going through PKS, the two d NA broadcast was off the rails. I mean it was yelling and screaming and crying as it should have been. It was great. It was a great watch, and uh yes, I felt compelled to pull that last forty seconds. So so much for that date, huh Bart.
Speaker 2: But I mean, listen, we were supposed to get a doubleheader USA Canada on Wednesday and lo and behold, Josh you Marsh screwed it up, and you know listen it it?
Speaker 1: Uh sir?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I I so, I I don't know where to start with this, John, I want to. I want to just bring up the fact that I sent John a text like after they lost in this of a of a meme basically, But it's as Jarrett alluded to before the tournament, he was talking mad crap about how none of his players turned down a call. The quote is not one guy called me and said, coach, I don't know, spen a long year. Maybe I don't come to the Gold Cup and then after the match John he says, if I'm on as we're missing half our group, well, buddy, which one is it? Because that's the problem is if you want to go bravado and macho and vodacious, you can't get knocked out on the quarterfinal again, by the way, because you did it last time as well. And that's the thing here Canada, as you talk all this crap and you have yet to back it up, not once have you actually backed up any real trash talk. You claim the stupid little made up trophy you had of winning the group in World Cup qualification. What happened to you in twenty twenty two? So why don't you sit down and be humble for a second. I'm sorry to pull out an early Holland reference, but holy cow, go do something before you start talking all this crap.
Speaker 1: And so Jacob Shaffelberg with a one mill lead, Shaeffelberg is given his second yellow early second half, and we're talking forty ninth minute and I've been looking at it a couple of times and I'm trying to figure it out. I mean, I mean, is this incidental contact? Is this is this elbow and forearm up. What are you looking at with this?
Speaker 2: I mean, I think this definitely falls under the idea of a reckless foul. And to just be honest, he's he's late, he is going in at a speed that is dangerous and very much looks like a guy who is not concerned with the health and safety of the player he's playing against. Right, I can see why this is a reckless foul and that therefore it's a yellow card. I'm gonna I mean, I'm sorry, this is gonna color my analysis on this a little bit, but this is not new for Jacob Schaffelberg. The dude does not exactly a nice player, and he's been known to do over the top.
Speaker 1: Fouls you know about stupid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't want to call it stupid, but it's it's over the top, it's unnecessary, it's it's intentionally intentionally reckless, you know. And I think that's the problem he got himself into when he, you know, committed a yellow card foul in the first half. So, you know, I think it's fair to say that Canada got a little I don't think either yellow card is like, oh wow, it's a yellow card, but they were both reckless fouls that he did with pretty much full intent. And you know we don't judge intent on that, but looking at how fast he was running and how little he tried to slow down, and then you know, it does maybe look like he tries to throw a shoulder or a forearm into the guy's at least chest, if not his throat area. Right that he sent me for you. Sorry, don't do stupid, don't do don't do this, and you won't have to worry about being in position to get a second yellow card. I mean that's really what it comes down to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so Schaffelberg ends up getting the second yellow. Canada is down to ten. They hang on for a while. Then for the final thirty it was chaos personified.
Speaker 2: Jared.
Speaker 1: I mean I know that you will see so if Jared, if Jared was watching Canada and Guatemala, I mean, shoot, it's middle of the afternoon for you watching this one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pretty much. It's great again to highly would recommend live your best life. Yes, because Jesse Marsh trying too, yes, and not always succeeding, but he's trying. No, I don't know, man like you, and this this is this is this one goes out also to the people who keep up with England better. It seems like there comes a point in the Jesse Marsh experience where people get tired of it, where it wears thin.
Speaker 1: Half life.
Speaker 3: I don't know what. I don't know where that rubacon is. I don't know where it exists.
Speaker 2: Well, the conversations they had on T said last night they might be approaching it.
Speaker 3: Wow, But we had it at leads, We've had it in other stops. But yeah, it feels like there is this point where it starts to like the antics start to wear thin. And yeah, you want to sit there and troll the US men's national team again, we do it all the time and necessarily we can get into the US national team talking just a minute, because they they showed cohone is last night. Give them, I'll give them that.
Speaker 2: But also showed some stupidity last night.
Speaker 3: Oh they showed a lot of that. But yeah, man, like this is the thing is Canada is also as much as we talk about and I think they were twelvemned. The whole thing was, Like I was as guilty as anybody about calling it the Golden Generation.
Speaker 1: I think it was him.
Speaker 3: It might have been Alexi.
Speaker 1: Sure, but the same amount, different amount.
Speaker 3: But Canada is also in that conversation. Canada is also supposed to be in their Golden Generation. H Jonathan David is worth more than Guatemala's roster, pretty sure. And that's not to say Guatemala's roster is terrible. It's to say that Jonathan David is a special talent. And yeah, Canada's crowning achievement with this quote unquote Golden Generation so far is winning the the Octagon, which doesn't put hardware in your in your trophy. Can They tried, Yeah, but it's like I feel like it's it's like getting yourself a special ring because you you know, it's like we went and got rings made because we won. You know, the Popeye is Bahamas Ball. Yeah, not to be smirk, the Popeye is Bahamas Ball. But you're supposed to be in your goald generation too, and you haven't done anything with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: As much as we talk about the US kind of giving those away and having you know, psychological issues and having a soft team mentally, so often, Canada can't get over the hump either. Man. Then to your point, Yeah, it feels like it might be wearing Vin Bud.
Speaker 2: It just is one of those situations where I think it's fair to say that they did not have their first choice guys, right. I think that is okay to say one of those first choice guys that was unavailable because Jesse, you heard them, and Bro, that's sign you. But you still had your start, your first choice starting riker, you know. I mean you had, if not your first choice winger. You know, you had players who are way more first choice, if you will, than what the US has at its availability for this particular tournament. You know, I think it's also fair to say Canada does not have the depth the US has, and that's I think absolutely true. But you have Jonathan David. You know, we have Patrick Agaman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you know, and big Pat might be hidden to U to the either the championship or the low level of premiere.
Speaker 2: Hey listen, if I'm Charlotte, I'm taking that money asap because you've taken it in this running this idea that oh we're gonna wait for the right offer. Bro, you ain't go and get money for him after this year, just saying wow.
Speaker 3: And the weird thing is I really I really liked what he did last year. Like it hasn't trends later over the like I thought he was going to jump this year, Like I.
Speaker 2: Thought a question for you, because I'm with you. People have been saying, oh, well, Brandon Vasquez hasn't had a good year either. Okay, Brandon Vasquez has scored one less goal and has more assists than Agumon. So where are we trying to like? And he's on a worse team right now.
Speaker 3: And I don't know how much people watch Austin. Every time I have watched them, I've watched that dude leave like two goals on the field of game. It's amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Uh. Obviously, news out of Charlotte, by the way, from my buddy Willie P. Pet bl has signed an extension on his loan through the end of the twenty five season.
Speaker 3: Okay, great performance. You know, an extension is not it's not a full time deal. And if you do not, Charlotte, you have look it. Considering we are based in Atlanta. I know the the idea is, you know, throwing throwing, throwing rocks and glass houses when Atlanta's house is basically made of a fabergeg At this point, Charlotte, this is a hell of a bag fumble if you do not lock this man down, because a lot of what you do has hinged on him being absolutely brilliant.
Speaker 1: According to Willie p Dial has performance incentives that will trigger a purchase option for twenty six. Based on the salary, it seems it would make him a DP. Yeah, yeah, yeah, he's a D for them.
Speaker 2: I'm with you, though, Jared, when I mean, I think Charlotte's entire makeup is bl being good and Kaleina saving your ass on a game by game basis.
Speaker 1: I mean, I have, I have.
Speaker 2: It's not the worst strategy in m LS.
Speaker 3: But no, but I've told Jason and I talked about this before and I told him, I said, the second Polina stops performing above expectations, Charlotte has problems. And hey, I don't know if anybody's seen, Charlotte has been like shipping goals in the last MM ever four or five weeks, ever since they were top of the East. They just went into a spiral and now they are sitting there. I think they are at the last playoff spot or second the last playoff spot right now. Again, this is again, this is not like, this is a completely separate conversation from the fact that Atlanta is in the longest psychological ward right now. Yeah, but yeah, man, it's mhm.
Speaker 2: In the month of May, they gave up three or more goals in all but three games. M hm, No, two games. They give up four goals in three games, five games. Holy cow, Yeah, you're right. I wasn't it. I didn't. I didn't put that together there, Jared. I was enjoying their slide after being in the top of the East. But holy cal they are.
Speaker 3: The only difference you want to know something, if you want to break it down numbers or the only difference between Charlotte and Atlanta in the mid this last week is that Charlotte found a second goal in the second half and Manuel Latte Lot missed a one on one, which is a which is another Again, another conversation about guys not performing to the twenty plus million dollars you paid for them.
Speaker 1: Maybe not paying twenty plus million dollars for a dude for the championship, Charlotte.
Speaker 3: I still I still maintain Jovolitch was right there. Guys doing great in Kansas City.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Charlotte, by the way, is three points out of the playoffs. They're tend love to see it.
Speaker 3: But but the only difference between what it likes because Charlotte gave up three first, three ugly first half goals to Chicago. The only difference between them and Atlanta is that Atlanta only found one goal in the second half when game state basically allowed them to just cook. Yes, yeah, I found two.
Speaker 1: Yes, I I know the original.
Speaker 2: I get a last can I get a last thought on the Canada Guatemala game?
Speaker 1: Sure before we go into the game, before we.
Speaker 2: Go into Okay, so this is not for smirching the great Brad Guzan, but I think we all know that the writing is on the wall that this will not be his or this will be his final year. It's like for Atlanta, I felt like the Guatemala goalkeeper might be a duo that we could probably get to for Hella cheap, and why not just see what he can do if you bring him in as at least a guy competing for the spot. I think it might be fun.
Speaker 1: So I'm saying, and I know that Jared will bring j Hibbert er but okay, yes, no.
Speaker 2: I'm not a racing I'm saying, if you're free, Cohen, are Cohen Hibbert and Navarro.
Speaker 3: I don't know everybody. Everybody wanted to tell me that that that Cohen was like the the like the be all end all when he got here when we hadn't seen him perform. And it's this thing that we do in this in in Atlanta, and it pisses me off to no end because we did it with Eric Lopez is like the poster child of this. Is people like to crown somebody without ever seeing them play and set these and in doing so, what you end up doing is setting these incredibly unrealistic expectations where a guy really can't only fail unless he turns into to uh, unless he turns into joseph mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Like I'll tell you that. I mean, I think Cohen was overhyped, but I think I think it was more of a oh please, someone saved from Bradbury's Anne, And that's just the reality of the mentality at that point in time.
Speaker 4: So he's coming off of blown Achilles. Yeah, yeah, I mean, to be fair, he's coming off a blown Achilles. But he's almost forty years old.
Speaker 2: You don't know. But the reason that I would want from Coca Calf is Orlando Musqueta from Panama, but he's playing in the Saudi League, and I don't know what he's actually making, and who knows if he's actually reporting what they're actually making on a real level, so you know, who knows, But I don't know. The Navarro guy impressed me last night to the point of, hey, Atlanta, we need a goalkeeper next year. Let's at least give I don't imagine he's making a ton of money down there in uh. I think he's playing in Guatemala, So you know, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: No, it's it's it's an interesting it's it's an interesting question that Atlanta's going to have to address though, because you have, yeah, to your point, like, you have a goalkeeper who is probably in his swan song right now, and then you have Donaldson who's incredibly good but incredibly raw, and a teenager Hibbert who h John O.
Speaker 1: Ransom.
Speaker 3: Uh, yeah, you have JOHNO Ransom who is in the same category, a little bit older but still a very raw youth national team goalkeeper. Hibbert's ceiling is I think incredibly high, and maybe you ride with that, but you have those guys, do you go get I guess my question is do we do you go get someone and do kind of what Columbus did with Eloy Room a couple of years ago, where Hey, I'm gonna bring you in. You're in your prime, maybe a little late in your prime. See, you can give me for three or four years and then I'll see what I can do.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's I think the key to winning in MLS is having goalkeeper who can save your butt a few times a game. Yeah, absolutely, because you're gonna Look, we know this league is not known for its defensive stability, and I think volatility would be the best way to describe MLS. Having a goalkeeper who can save your butt a few times a game.
Speaker 3: It's probably ineptitude also would not be the worst thing to call it.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, okay, so are we are?
Speaker 2: We are?
Speaker 1: We locked into the notion, at least for today, that Matt Freeze is your number one keeper for the US men's nation.
Speaker 2: No, but because no one's the number one right now. But I will say that he did make up for what he did in that final group stage match. I mean, look, it was a bad moment, a bad pass. I still maintain I don't think Tim Riam should have passed in the ball, Yes, but he made up for it. He also can I don't know if he's to Jared, I'd love your opinion on this. That goal we conceded in the second half, a lot of people I saw saying, oh, well, Freeze has got to do better there. I don't know, man, he took a shot from like four yards away and blocked it, you know, Like, I, yes, you should maybe not put it in the penalty area, like right in front of your goal mouth. But I don't know. I felt like that was a little harsh to be, like, Hey, your two defenders get split and a guy runs in and takes a shot from four yards away from you, and how dare you not catch it? I don't know, But penalty kick performance was great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree with you in that, Like I think it's it's one of those things where like, we do this, we do this. It's one of my favorite unhinged things we do in sports. We did the same thing in baseball where it's like, oh, why didn't he just turn on that fastball that was coming in at ninety miles an hour that had like late life to it, Like he makes the same like ideally you would love to see him turn that deflection towards the inline. More he's also getting shot at from like four meters away at like the dude puts his laces through it from like four meters away. And that's not easy for anyone to deal with, No, especially mortals who don't see like that in practice literally every day like professionals do. I would prefer my defender. It's like I would prefer my defenders not get split, including my fullback who was sloppy on both goals, gave up a penalty, then got split like he was the gates at a super g event in the Winter Olympics, and then yeah, I mean ideally, yeah, I would love to see him turn that that deflection towards the in line. But at that pace, I'm not gonna sit here and tell you he sucks because he didn't like turn it super quick.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: That's how I.
Speaker 2: Feel about and how further say that and goalkeeper union here we're talking about it. But the guy who scored ran past about two defenders and no one picked him up. So yes, that's another thing.
Speaker 3: I may also think about the movie Mighty Ducks three when they go to the prep school and Gordon Bombay leaves and the new coach comes in and teaches them about cleaning up the trash and making sure that you get the puck slash ball out of the danger zone. And they didn't do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, okay, so the lineup, well, actually you get goals from Luna and Arston four minutes apart. Francisco Calvo, who why do I have a moment with a garbage can? In his time at Minnesota United stuck in my head thirty two thousand plus. They did not open the top level at US Bank, but they played at indoors at US Bank. North of thirty two thousand were there. Matt Freese got the start, defense, Alex Freeman, Chris Richards, Tim Ree, Max Arston, Midfield Berhalter, Tillman, Tyler Adams, Diego, Luna, Luca de la Torre and it was big pad up top to start your subs Damien Downs, John Tolkien and uh no ratings from our friends at Soccer America just because it was a cup of coffee for Jack McGlenn and Brian White. US remains unbeaten against Costa Rica in the Gold Cup seven one and one, which means they now face Guanatemala Wednesday night at the Pink Stadium in Saint Louis.
Speaker 2: I got a wild hair in the last night saying, oh should we drive up there? That's not gonna happen. I don't want to try to hours to Saint Louis on a Wednesday, but I do want to talk. Jarrett mentioned it because if you look at the ratings on FOP mob and I'm sure others, Arston is man of the match right because he got an and assist technically and he scores the goal. But Jared Man the first goal, Look, it's a naive challenge. He doesn't need to make it, but I think it's indicative of he's not a good defend He just straight up not a good defender. He's not he is. I don't know why he's making that challenge there and why he feels like he needs to lunch, just whatever. The second goal is just straight up bad. It's not the first time that he has just let a dude walk by him with the ball and it's a problem. So if you want to give praise for oh, well he got an assistant a goal, but not recognize that he is also like, I mean, he had four goal involvements, which is a great game for most people, but probably not the way he wanted it to go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I say he was involved four goals.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, that's a way to praise it, especially.
Speaker 2: The second goal. Look the first skull, the penalty kick is they're coming John?
Speaker 3: Are you it's the US national team police?
Speaker 2: Yes, Unfortunately I think it's probably. Again, I live next door to a live across the street from a senior living apartment complex, and unfortunately we get we get some visits from the fire department on daily. Anyway, when you look at Arpsten, you are looking at a guy who I think it's fair to say is not a true left back, which again begs the question of why he's playing left back so religiously in this tournament. Feels like he's not a great defender. He just doesn't. And again I think my problem with him continues to be his The volume of play that goes through him that doesn't really lead to anywhere is frustrating. The assist he gets to Diego Luna. It's not not an assist, but I mean he doesn't exactly give Luna a great pass to then set up a shot. Luna has to kind of work some of his magic to get a shot off that you know, then you had the fact that it was deflected, it was on frames. I still think maybe you know he scores anyway, but look, if you're going to give that an assist, fine, but you've got to ding him for the multiple just bad defensive errors he's made in this game and throughout the tournament. And I don't understand why Pochettino loves him so much, except for maybe he thinks he's the most like for like for Jedi in this group. But I just go back to the fact that, Bro, you did not have to pick him. There are other left backs who exist the right. And if you're telling me you're gonna sit here and tell me that Caleb Wiley isn't good enough or is somehow behind Max Arsten right now, then I'm gonna call you crazy.
Speaker 3: I don't know, man, he was behind John Tolkien, who.
Speaker 2: Also hasn't like. Yeah, I think I don't understand why people aren't.
Speaker 3: The US program is okay, I swear to go on that it's it's it's this thing we do where like certain guys come out of certain academies and they get the push nationally. It's like it's like a WWE thing. It's like some guy, It's like during the Vincement Man era. It is just some dudes get the push, and then some dudes do not. Tolkien came out of Red Bulls Academy. Everyone fawns of a Red Bulls Academy, more so a couple of years ago than right now. But like Tolkien came out of there, you'd have thought he could do no wrong. Sam Vines came out of Colorado, You'd have thought he could do no wrong.
Speaker 2: Some dudes just get that.
Speaker 3: Push from the local and national media in this country, and it's for me, it's really hard to figure out how that gets decided. Because some of those guys live up to the hype. Look at you, all the fonds of babies, brilliant, we love you, get healthy, we miss you. But some dudes, just like Findes, just kind of petered out. Bellow petered out. Although Bellows I think trying to rebuild his career.
Speaker 2: I actually think Bellow is another option that could have been considered. I think he has rebuilt his career in a league that's at least comparable to the MLS. Yeah, I'm not going to sit here and tell you that Austrian League is better than MLS. That's that's untrue.
Speaker 1: But George Bellow needs playing time and consistent playing time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree. You know who else needs consistent playing time or they're not going to see the field. Matt Turner just signed to go play for a team that's getting relegated to the second division of free after being at multiple clubs where he wasn't getting consistent minutes. And look, he's no longer the US number one.
Speaker 2: Not Turner is an interesting one, Jared, because I agree. I actually think this is a good move for him, because Leon should still be able to assemble a team that is going to do quite well.
Speaker 3: And assuming they can pay them. Sure, but well at this point they're owned by the same guy who owes it Landy United twenty plus million dollars.
Speaker 2: I think Text is gonna having a on. He's just going to be stuck with Botafogo.
Speaker 3: Texture is gonna end up disappearing because of the batava in Brazil, because the one thing you don't do is screw over those Brazilian clubs looking at you text Her and look at you Foster Gillette.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I think Texture is going to end up having to selly On by the end of the summer, which actually is a pretty decent buy if you're someone looking to buy a soccer team, because.
Speaker 1: And Michelle Kangle do it on pennies on the dollar and it'll be run the right way.
Speaker 2: Well we'll see, I mean she yeah, I don't know if she wants to get into Mends soccer that way. She might be able to find someone who she knows to come in and step in and buy that. But yeah, uh. This I think that though, underlines the problem right now with the US. And this is where when you look beyond this game, because you can look at this game and go this felt good. You beat Costa Rica, historically pretty decent team in Conca calf. You know, you beat them in a Gold Cup knockout game. The penalty kick shootout was fun. But this game, in this tournament does not matter in the grand scheme of things unless you find a guy or two who can help you come next summer. And that continues to be the question. I think there are exactly three guys on this roster who have kind of played themselves into that spot. One of those is Matt Freeze. Now, because look, I'm not saying Matt Freeze is the number one, but I agree with Jared that Matt Turner is no longer the number one in the sense that, like I think it's fair to say that no one holds that title right now. It is a very open competition. And Freeze did himself a lot of good in this game to save three. Do you know how hard it is to save a penalty kick in today's game? Let alone three?
Speaker 3: And dude, he can get say hey.
Speaker 2: He gets wrong on one, right. He faced a total of seven penalty kicks in this game. Yeah, because we went through six and he had the one in the in the game, guest right on six of the seven, got hands to five of the seven because he got a hand on the one in the game. You got a hand on one of the other ones in the penalty kick shootout. Just couldn't keep it out because it was hit too hard. That's something.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: That's something, and it's it's it is hard to save a penalty kick in today's age where you have so many restrictions on you.
Speaker 3: Thirty eight year old Kaylor Novice also was there's a great shootout from.
Speaker 2: Him signed tailor Navias. That's what that's, you know, he's got what four years left in him? According to.
Speaker 3: Well, like there's a couple. There's a couple in that shootout, or I told I told the I told the sth crew there's a couple in that shootout where where I went, like, man, three years And I told another friend of mine who's living in Costa Rica, I was like, three years ago. Ka Navias saves two or three more of those. He's just thirty eight now. Yeah, and it was an amazing shootout from a goalkeeper's perspective, because yeah, Freeze was amazing. Jaylen Amis was great and almost like mental terrorist level like Tim Melia in his prime. When Tim Melia, if you ever watched like Kansas City and shootouts, it was kind of a fore gun conclusion. Tim Meiley was going to say at least two because he was just so good. But he was also emotionally crippling every striker who stepped up. It was great.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, I do want to if we want to run through the team. You said Soccer in America didn't put out rankings or they.
Speaker 1: Did, No, they did. I was just blown. I was just blowing.
Speaker 2: I want to I want to talk because there are some individual performances in this game that stand out and need to be talked about, because this is the time in the tournament where you need to start standing out. All right, hit me, well, you got the Soccer America rankings.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Frieze gets an eight, Alex Freeman of five, Chris Richards a six, Tim Riemafourmax Arson a six.
Speaker 2: See this is gonna bother me. Why is Arsen getting a six? Is it because he scored? Because defensively he was bad the rest of the game. I mean, that's just the reality. And we don't need to give him points for scoring a goal when we don't recognize the fact that he is at fault for two other goals and.
Speaker 1: So coaster.
Speaker 3: There's nothing that we love in this country more than when we have found a player that we've decided is like game changing and worthy of our time and emotional investment. There's nothing we love in this more than hyping up that player, getting excited when they do great things and dismissing anything that they do. Is that is bad and it is not unanimously applied to players across the board.
Speaker 2: It's just again, I think the problem for me is Max Arsen. To me, does not translate above this level. That's it.
Speaker 3: I agree with me. If you told me you brought them like emergency depth, I'm fine with that. You told me you brought him to the World Cup because we have a Hey, I need someone who can play back there, and you are like my fifth guy on the bench, and I just I need a warm body out there. Maybe he'll do something.
Speaker 1: So ours I mean Coasta Rica, but left back Max Arsten under pressure early after he blocked across at the edge of the penalty area, turned around with a wild swing that whacked down Kenneth Vargus Calvo Berry the penalty kick. Arston then redeemed himself fantastically by assisting on Diego Luna's equalizer scoring.
Speaker 2: Now, oh no, he did not, Sorry, John Stop. He crossed a ball blindly to the area that happened to find Diego Luna, caused Diego Lunar to have to turn away from goal. Diego Luna just happens to be him, right, So I'm sorry. I'm not falling for that propaganda because this is like, I think, no offense to Alexi because he should have had about seventeen other assists. But like there's been a couple of times where Alecti just happened to pass the ball to a dude. No, it was last year. I remember this. Last year, Alexi hit a banger of a left foot shot and brooks Lennon got the assist because he just like passed the ball three yards.
Speaker 3: To It's like, yeah, that is Never forget the fact that the last Miguel Almronge goal for Lane United was actually brooks Lennon shooting a ball so poorly that it looked like a perfect pass right to the point where I was convinced he hit it so perfectly and thread the needles.
Speaker 1: Oh what did Jared do? I'm guessing somebody like I was convinced it was actual lee ye a pass and it wasn't.
Speaker 2: Look I'm just saying, are that calling that a brilliant.
Speaker 3: Is wrong?
Speaker 1: But continue well and and then the the wrap on Arston Day took another downturn though, and more beat him to set up Costa Rica's second goal to too, So that was, yeah, that's your defense. Midfielders Burholter is six, Milak tilman A seven, Adams Is six, Diego Luna seven, Delatories six and Jared apparently was hang on. Yeah, So go for it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, somebody, somebody like Spam called me and nuke my connection. Go through those numbers again.
Speaker 1: John, Okay, Yeah, Midfield Burholter is six, Malik Tillman a seven, Tyler Adams is six, Diego Luna is seven. Delatorious six.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Malik Tillman, by the way, suffered six fouls in the in the.
Speaker 3: Lea yeahen was good. Millie Tillman almost won you the game in the eighties. You know, like he had a bald laid off to him.
Speaker 2: He didn't.
Speaker 3: You're plitting the upper ninety.
Speaker 2: Milie Tillman deserves an eight in this game. And I'm just I think part of that, Jared, you said, Look, he caused a lot of problems. You know, he got the assist on Arsen's goal, which again it's not like he did a whole whole lot, but he did. I'm not going to beg him too bad.
Speaker 3: For the miss penalty.
Speaker 2: And here's why he hit post and had Navas beat. You know, he just put it, you know, three inches to why I didn't hit the post, he still missed it. I don't argue that, but that man was the focal point of everything. Costa Rica tried to do defensively and was still causing them hell. And Diego Lunar deserves an eight because Diego Luna is can do no wrong in my eyes. So that's my bias.
Speaker 3: Because there was a minute there where I wasn't sure they were going to do it, and Diego Luna was going to go to Mexico and Diego Luna was going to score brace gets the U S it's in a gold couch.
Speaker 2: He just man, he would have been their next puthanma Blanco of like just this little dude who breaks havoc on everyone because he just man, he wants it more than anyone else. But I think those are incredibly low ratings for Luna and Tillman, that's all. Richard's got a low rating as well. By the way, I thought Richards had a great game and giving him a six is a little that's weird.
Speaker 3: No, I don't want Diego Luna to get a move soon because I'm going to be living like fifteen minutes away now for I want to go enjoy watching him while I can't give me another year to enjoy this because I don't know is going to survive the year. So they're they're they're they they're actually like five un beaten now, but.
Speaker 2: I've turned it around a little bit. Yeah.
Speaker 3: They also they also need ownership to spend more money.
Speaker 1: Yes, that is also true. Let's see, uh forwards, big Pat, he got a six.
Speaker 2: Okay, fucking Charlotte. All right, Fine, we're gonna hype again. We're hyping. We just chose Pat to hype up for no reason other than we think.
Speaker 3: That he literally just talked about this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, every time I talk about him, I feel like i'mdumping on him, because I have nothing against the man personally. He seems like a nice guy. He just doesn't do socker. Well.
Speaker 3: I can't tell if it's I can't tell if it's the system in Charlotte or what. Because Yeah, he burns up in ls next pro, he burns into the ground. He does exactly what he should do. He burns in the LUs next pro to the ground and salts the earth two years ago. Great job, did exactly what he should have done, got a chance with Charlotte, and then showed those flashes where you're like, oh, he is big, he is fast. In the right system, he could be an absolute problem. I don't know if it's Dean if it's like Dean Smith's system or what, or if it's like just to disconnect with him and b L and Zaha, who is also kind of been in this year, like it just man like, yeah it hasn't I hadn't been there. But I expected him to be more. I expected this to be like his Darryl DK year when DK was in Orlando before he went.
Speaker 2: Back to Jarrett. That is what people wanted, is a the next Darryl DK, and DK, I think is a perfect corollary because unfortunately for him, his lack of realization is just down to being hurt every week. But you could see DK had just better soccer ability and that's what I'm like, I'm not buying that from agamong and I'm not try like I'm trying to be measured about it. But it's just like he doesn't really even use his body to gain the levers that he needs to do all that much either.
Speaker 1: And that's the thing that for me, I am disappointed in where pat Ajumong is concerned. I think that the Dean Smith system I think I think has slowed his growth as a as a power forward. And you see the frustration with Zaha. You see the frustrate well, you see the frustration with Zeha. Dean Smith yells and yells at clouds about everything going on if something goes wrong. But I think that there's some kind of a disconnect in what Dean Smith is trying to do in trying to get Zaha integrated, and it leaves Ajumunk out of the discussion. So you have pet Bl, You've got will Saha, and everybody is drawn to that power forward that is pat Agumon and it's like, okay, if we deny him, then we can frustrate pet Bl and Zaha and then their offense goes sideways. And if you stop the striker, then you focus on the midfielders and you bracket Agimong and then you get no goals scored on you. And then the back line, which is proving itself to be somewhat of an age issue and just trying to find the holes there, staying away from Milanda, going to the down the defensive left hand side, attacking on the right and you're getting all those holes and Christian Kalena is proving to be human. You know, you can only stop so many when you're getting so many thrown at you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like Brad go again. I think Brad Guzan leads a league in goals allowed by a goalkeeper, but also leads the league in saves. Yes, because you're just in a shooting gallery every week. Yeah, And I mean, look, Atlanta could have given up six Wednesday night in Columbus. Yeah, you gave up three, and Brad made three or four huge saves where you just got big and just did the job. And to your point, in the same I think it right now. Foreshart, what's the same thing with Kleena, where you're giving up three goals a game, he's also making like three saves a game where you're like, how the hell do you do that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Absolutely, uh so let's see. And then the two subs Bart, just because it was cups of coffee, Damien Down's got a six and Tolkien got a five.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Look, I'm gonna get props the Downs for finishing his penalty kick, which John Tolkien didn't do. Yes, so Tolkien, I will say, hit a good penalty kick, but you can't telegraph where you're gonna put the ball against kaylor Navice, No, no.
Speaker 3: And then he gets then he gets the leap like those legs turned back the clock five years. The reach across the body was just, oh my god, like that. Dude's so good. Dude still has those world class moments where you're like, man, I need the rest of the world to respect kaylor Novice the way they did, the way they would if his national team card said like Spain instead of Costa Rica on it.
Speaker 2: M hm yeah, and that's that's been the unfortunately for navas his thing his whole career. I mean, the dude has as a Champions League winner mh. But they were trying to replace him the entire time. They're on this run to the Champions League and he's bailing them out game after a game.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. Yeah. Tim rem ran down a guy nearly half his age.
Speaker 2: He did. Tim Ring had a shaky game. He did that though, which was nice to see.
Speaker 1: Okay, just checking was I was kind of focusing with the the audio off or the audio that I was listening to was to day in a so it might have been lost in my uh in my schedules. Oh by the way, Niko Leafy, who is kind of keeping an eye on us this morning, can't can't handle on sec scan.
Speaker 3: It's the entire damn club World Cup and all of Europe can't handle sec weather, Paul, and it just the heat. I don't know. Did y'all have y'all talked about the fact that these clubs are like hanging out in the locker room instead of sitting on the bench because it's too hot for them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we haven't talked about that. We talked about Zomuresca saying that the weather was a joke. But the German clubs who are who are saying it's too hot and so they're just sitting inside.
Speaker 3: So what I'm hearing here is don't put the well, what I'm hearing here is don't put a single damn dime on Germany in the World Cup next year.
Speaker 1: No, I could see that, or.
Speaker 2: They're doing the whole thing of we're just being smarter, you know, work smarter, not harder, and it knows.
Speaker 3: I guess, like, yeah, my whole like the weather thing is fascinating to me. Where like we're complaining about, like, oh, like all these stoppages because of weather. I'm like, it's the United States man, Like a very very large chunk of this country exists in in a in an area where at least two natural disasters can happen every year, m h. Whatever they mean, whether whether that's hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, earthquakes, wildfires, the large trunk of this country is natural disaster prone and we have the most unhinged weather patterns on the planet.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sorry, and as we learned last year, a lot of those places can have both of them happened to them.
Speaker 1: Absolutely true. All right, So we barely get to touch reffing down here, so we can put that to the side for later. We talked about Shaffelberg, we did, okay, So what's going on with the soccer for USPOD.
Speaker 2: Well, we're gonna record whenever we get done with the Gold Cup, we will record and talk about that. We'll probably throw some women's national team chat in there, because we do get a game against Canada on Wednesday, which should prove to be an actual evaluation game if you will. To Ireland, they're fine, but they're not up to the level that you can truly make takeaways other than hey, we won, that's good, so we will see what we look like on Wednesday, which again we got two games for the US going on Wednesday, game at seven and seven thirty, so some split screening will be necessary.
Speaker 1: Absolutely true. And if you are local and uh watching at a particular establishment, you might have to have a lot of carbs heading into the building one of those yeah man, uh uh huh yeah, yeah, you score four and a lot of folks are partaking in in.
Speaker 2: Luckily, we did not have a women's national well I w U likeily we didn't have a women's national team party last yesterday because uh, you know, we did have two matches and felt like being at a bar for six hours was probably a little too much even for a degenerate.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: You know, we're not norm unfortunately as much as he is my idol, you know. Yeah, uh yes, be careful, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: All in the pacing as always, my friend. Great to see you, and I know we went extra time hopefully we didn't get you into any trouble on a Monday.
Speaker 2: And successfully answered work email as well work well talking.
Speaker 1: To you you see there you go, all right, so we will catch up with you on the flip side of all this stuff. And as always, uh you know the way to crash as you drink from your Carolina core.
Speaker 2: At the same where you just wanted to shout them out real quick, because hey.
Speaker 1: Yes they're in the footprint. Yes they're in the footprint, absolutely true. All right, be good, Bart, we'll see you.
Speaker 2: Y'all have a wonderful Monday.