Speaker 1: Glad to have you a long and I'm just thankful we don't have a zillion audio cuts, which I'm sure Ross is very sad about. But we have a lot of weird stuff today. Plus I got some rollover it and get to yesterday, so it's gonna be a bounce around day. Also, are they still looking for the murderer? And I think a murderer escape. Remember when that used to be a big deal, right, it was the start of any good horror movie. They're like, the murderer escape the whatever. Usually it had to be like an insane asylum or something, right, because they're like, oh yeah, but like real life murder escapes, they tend to go in in a couple of directions. And there's a reason that jail staff is not jazzed at the idea of having to transport you to a medical facility. I know, we get into these debates or they'll be like, you know so, and and there are situations where clearly clearly staff did not do what they should do, either through a little chicken little where they convinced themselves they didn't have an obligation, or just sheer negligence Epstein. Although that was that might have been something different that being said that that trend or they got to take them over to a medical facility. That's bad. I can't tell you the number of stories I've done over the years, and it's because you're not in a controllable situation or not to the extent that you were. So I get that. But also every now and then we get those murder escape because he was on the trust farm with no fences, picking beats or whatever, and they're like, God, he murdered six people and then he had the audacity to walk off the trust farm, which, by the way, that happened years ago in North Carolina. Right, did we have a dude who was a murderer who was at one of the North Carolina one of the I don't know what they're called in North Carolina, but basically very minimum secure. They just wandered off. So uh, but you know it used to be if there was a murder on the loose. Uh, you know, some sorority girls were gonna die. But we'll we'll fill you up, fill you in on that. Unfortunately, though, we don't get to start the show on a a happy note for everybody. Mm hmm. I hate to see this because I think it is the I think it's the fuel that powers the boat, whatever you want to call it. You study out even light drinking is harmful to older adults. Quote from the first drop Ross. Do you think you know who's listening already this morning? Probably you know who is? You know who? Right? Somebody might be considered among the uh this demographic here who I want to keep safe, I want to keep healthy, and I wanted to do this story before he cracked his first coal in this morning. A twelve year study found, let's see, of one hundred and thirty five thousand adults, that's a lot age sixty and older, found that even light drinking associated with an increase in horribleness answer all sorts of stuff. The uptick most pronounced in older adults who have health troubles, but does not discriminate even if you don't. You're just getting old. We're all getting older. The findings contradict the previously held belief that small quantities of alcohol, particularly red wine, are good for the heart once you hit sixty. Apparently that's not the case. I just ruined a lot of weekends or early morning weekdays before you head over to a trade Joe's that creepy all right, do do do?
Speaker 2: Do you?
Speaker 1: So there you go, person from the Northeast. The new research published Monday and the journal JAMA. That's a big one I've heard of. That one maintain there is no reduction in heart disease deaths among lighter moderate drinkers, regardless of health or socioeconomic status. However, that light drinking uh starts going into the negative territory once you pass the age of sixty. I bet she's fun. Lead author of the study, Rosario or Tolo, tell us The New York Times, we did not find evidence of a beneficial association. She added that, far from being good for you, consuming alcohol likely raises your risk of cancer, stroke and heart disease once you're past sixty from the first drop. So there you go, sad day, sad day. Think of all the money you're gonna save it that's for you. So uh yeah, or you know, or you could just be like, I want to see more studies. But you know, here's the thing. If you're going to ruin everything else around us, right, you're gonna destroy democracy, our trust in institutions of law enforcement, as well as journalism. Not granted they're doing that all on their own. But when I say you, I just mean you, you in general, you from behind the U lizard people. You're gonna do that. At least let us have our booze. Do you remember Ross? Do you remember seeing the numbers during COVID of like how much liquor the state was selling? Yeah? And I thought it was funny because that's when I stopped drinking. Yeah. It's like everybody else was like weak and had to cope. But you would have You could have blended. No no, no, no, I hear you, But like you could have, you could have blended bad people were I remember going I remember going to the ABC sturing during during COVID, the one on Capital right across from the station there which that one boy, that thing kicks off right when it opens, the one not capitable of our they are they're busy from the word get. But I remember going over there during COVID. It was it was right after they did the lockdown thing, right where you got to have your papers if you want to travel? Are you what was the term whatever whatever we whatever the term was, I can't remember essential? Are you an essential? Essential employee? And I remember iHeart like you're an essential employee. Like that doesn't make me feel better, but I guess I kind of get it, so uh yeah, yeah so they uh, I mean it.
Speaker 3: It was crazy looking back at that, it's absolutely insane that they said that that was essential but they closed the gyms.
Speaker 1: Well, but that was. But here's the thing. It's like you got if you took people's booze away.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's that's that's sad, but very sad. What do you mean It's sad that you're so dependent on it, you're a slave to it.
Speaker 1: It's really gross. Well here's the mere slave to it.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: I don't disagree.
Speaker 3: So weird, like when you're an alcoholic and you're drinking, you assume everybody else is right, right, yeah, but then you stop and you look at it and you're like, it's so weird. How society is all built around it. It's super weird.
Speaker 1: A lot of events, absolutely, and people just look for a reason to do it. Yeah, they'll be like, well, they'll they'll pick something else and then they'll be like let's and then let's uh, let's do it, but let's do it surrounded by beer taps, right, Like they look for a reason to do it. It's super weird. But here's on the on the flip side though, on the flip side, though, you know, liquor, the only place you can get well, the other place you get legal liquor in North Carolina is from these state stores. And I I gotta think they sat in there and they realize completely, yeah, oh what would happen, Like they cut off the liquors.
Speaker 3: Or they realized how much money they could make. They're like, we're going to make so much money.
Speaker 1: Look at you all the doctor evil on this. You're probably right. Somebody had to think that. But they were willing to deal with Christians who couldn't go sit in a parking lot and listen to a sermon in their car with the windows. But they weren't going to take on the alcoholic alliance. That's what's crazy, which is going to make you, you know, more susceptible to getting sick. Well, but it's about soothing the masses. It's about soothing it is. Yeah at that point, absolutely one hundred percent. So oh man, all right, So there you go, bad news Boston. Paul I Hope, I said his name, What are you going to do? All right? Oh, yeah, he is. Their study is wrong. I am living proof, all right, just saying I I I tried, man, I tried. This was your intervention. This was it. We had a note for you. We were gonna send you to that that ranch. Is that where they tried to send the intervention people, some doctor Phil at a ranch or something. Was that even his show? Or was it some other dude? I never wanted an intervention?
Speaker 4: Thing?
Speaker 1: Was was that doctor Phil? Or was that? I never watched? No note, I don't see clips Doctor Drew. Oh, doctor Drew. Yeah, but I'd see clips and I'm just like, Nope, I have no interest in watching this. But then every now and then somebody'd like really lose their crap, and then I'd watch it like I'd like, what's her name? To catch me outside? Girl. I still don't know what prompted that, other than she was obviously a lunatic who then parlayed her eighteen year old and thisess into a million dollars in twenty four hours on the only fans. But so maybe she got the last laugh. But she was just a mouthy what fourteen year old or something trying to fight everybody and think she's gangster. Yeah, know she's like super rich and now she's super rich. What a horrible message, you know what I'm saying. You're a fourteen year old. Look, I had two little sisters, and don't get me wrong, I was a tird but girls, sorry, girls, thirteen fourteen year old girls that you're related to anyway, I guess Stott when you're a thirteen fourteen year old boy. But like, you go through some stuff. Guys go through some stuff too. But I remember, like my sisters, which there used to be fun and now they're teenagers and it was a whole thing. So you couple that with, uh I hate my parents, who look what this girl did. That's a horrible I mean to be fair though, I mean back when you were a kid and you were a jerk, that's before OnlyFans. So you didn't have the way to become a millionaire. No, that's well, I mean you could still go to you know, you could go to Hollywood or wherever they whatever CD suburb they do the filming, or I guess Florida and you know, actually get into the booze if you wanted. But uh no, you're right, that is a pre only fan. Back in that day, you had to just drop drop nudes in the AOL chat and probably not even then, it would have been a few years later. So uh anyway, all right, Oh how times have changed. So there you go, one drinking study into an OnlyFans cautionary tale and that's how your morning starts. Six eighteen. Hang on, take take a trip to the Twin Cities. So ross was tom. I did see some of this? Is there is there quite a bit of it with the I've seen a bunch because people are saying, like, the way that the votes came in was super weird because it took like but so they're saying, like her district when they were saying, like, you know, results coming in, it was like zero percent, zero percent, and within an hour is like ninety five point five percent, and you know, she had victory in her district, and they saying, yeah, compared to other districts, you weren't seeing the information coming that quickly. But I think the people don't understand her district. Okay, let me let me explain her district to you. If somebody lived in Minneapolis, the fourth district which there at the time she was elected, and they've they've moved some of the district lines, but not really so the fourth district since in what you'd refer to as West Northwest or North Minneapolis, don't go there, don't go there along let's see Highway fifty five Plymouth Avenue. Plymouth Avenue is kind of the and Saint Paul's is what's the Tremember the avenue was Snelling. You want to stay off Snelling there very very high crime area. But as you get into suburbs up towards Brooklyn Park, it is where most of the Somali immigrants live. So and the you know, you drive through there and there's a lot of Somali flags, Smali this, Smalling that, and so it is a big identity issue. So yes, am, I surprised that the Somali immigrant won an election when a district has the highest percentage of small immigrants. I think in the United States, by congressional district, it's sure as hell has to maybe they went up by Deerborn, but they're not all Somali up there. So yeah, and I don't mean that as an insult. I mean that is obvious, right you have because it's a very culturally, it's a very sheltered group. The mung Are much more integrated up in Minneapolis. Saint Paul and now the mung have been here longer, so the chances are their kids you would think that they're from you know, there's no accent or anything there, but in a lot of its third generation, whereas Somalia is more recent. But that being said, no, I'm not surprised at all it is. That's but also, stay off Plymouth. It's very, very dangerous. They used to be you'd stay off Plymouth and you'd go down through Loring Park to like Franklin Lake and Hennepin and Lyndale, so you could go to h Uptown. But they burned that down. So AnyWho does that explain it for you. Somebody's gonna be like, oh, what a racist. Nope, Nope, pull the numbers. It's it's it's it's a different district than like Corey Bush was dealing with in in Missouri, where it might be a D plus. In fact, hold on what is her? I wonder if the D plus is in the district. I don't know if I've looked after the redistrict. It wasn't a huge redistricting, but it it did, and if anything, it probably made it more in favor of her Elino, her district D plus. Let's see what that is? Hell is the plus symbol? I never use it? All right, you know, look that bad way up because she's fifth district now, right, So her district change, her district number changed, but the area really didn't, all right, And of course I can't, Oh, here we go D now and I can't find it. Say this is a primary. But you got to understand it is. There is a lot of there's a lot of conflict, especially among it's because it's a socioeconomically challenged area, but also that part of Minneapolis used to be it was primarily low income minority neighborhoods. And uh but you know, but not immigrants. I mean, you did have immigrants, and they're the among mostly are in Saint Paul. I shouldn't say mostly, but that's where they have the largest largest group, and they're kind of stacked, but they do spread them across two districts. These woke mines in Minnesota. Basically that was where they put a lot of the systems stuff too. And so Crystal and Brooklyn Park, Brooklyn Center, these are all suburbs up there, and it kind of Richfield it drew in a lot of immigrants, and then it caused a lot of problems with you know, people have been here six generations who are low income and people quote unquote fresh off the boat from Somalia, and that's that's been a big issue there. So look, I wouldn't want to live in that district, and I'm sure a lot of people that do also don't want to live in there, but don't have a choice. I mean, and it is, it is. I didn't realize it was far more entrenched when they flipped her, because they just changed her district number and then they packed they basically packed most of the Somalis into one district, which I don't know. I thought that's when you started lawsuits and stuff, but hey, what do I know anyway? All right, so D plus thirty did look it up? There you go, alrighty, let me flip over to this. Deputies are searching and maybe they found them. I looked, and I didn't see anything this morning, So let me check one more time just to make sure, so you're not, you know, walking around trying to find a murderer today. I don't see that they caught him. Usually they catch these dudes real quick or you know where they go in the woods for a while. Orange County Sheriff's Office is searching for Ramon Allston, a dangerous inmate to escape while being transferred to UNC Hospitals Hillsboro. Let's see black wearing a great T shirt? Wow? Wral put a description with somebody's race in there. Are you guys feeling? Okay? Orange County Sheriff's Office searching for Ramone Allston thirty described it as a black man wearing a great T shirt, khaki pants, and a new New Balance tennis. What was he wearing? He was also wearing handcuffs connected to a belly lead with that ross. Let me ask you a question. If I told you to keep your eyes peeled for a dude in khaki pants and New Balance shoes today as you go about your business, or a dude wearing handcuffs with a belly chain, which one do you think might might be the better thing to try to sp I.
Speaker 3: Would probably say the handcuffs with the belly chain. Yeah, okay, all right, because otherwise it sounds like any other middle aged dude, right, yeah, Balances, I've.
Speaker 1: Mean Carrie, what happened? Yeah? Yeah, Wait didn't you got some new balances.
Speaker 3: I love new balance, That's what I'm saying. Yeah that they're like the middle aged dude shoe, right, and then as you get older, you move ont of the sketchers.
Speaker 1: Oh is that the time shoe? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh, I didn't even know what the old shoe. It was like Nike, Rebo, Kadidas, whatever. When you're younger, and then it goes a new balance and then sketcher.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, you want some really you want some really comfortable shoes. I only like three pairs of these things down. I'm like, I'm like a dude who like other than the function thing. Like I have boots. I had, you know, and then I got hunting boots, and I got cold weather boots, and I got Cowboy I yes, I own Cowboy boots. I know you're shocked, Jade Fraker, So have you lived in the West, you'd be like, that's impressive. Went to school with his granddaughter, and I was able to buy a pair of boots off him. He since pasted legendary saddle maker boot maker anyway, But when it comes like everyday standard shoes, dude, the best shoes I own are the ones I wear almost every day. Are the Coasta the Costa shoes that have the removable insult. They sell them at Tommy Bahamas. So if for a middle aged dude, I know you're shopping there, so I should check him out while you're in there. Anyway, Sorry, a little plug there, don't or I'm not making any money, but I do love these things, so I can maybe those are my new balance. I guess. I don't know. I want to screw with laces or anything. So anyway, yeah, although he's probably removed the handcuffs in the chain or you try to make it blend in which you know, this is what I've always said, and I'll say it again. If you're if you're a if you're listening to me, and I know that we have some folks who are currently incarcerated to listen. You guys send letters from time to time, which I always feel bad because like, what did you have to do for the stamp? I don't want to know, but you know, whatever, if it kills the time, that's fine. And then occasionally we've had people call from institutions, so we get the thing where it's like, yeah, this is a call from the you know, the the such and such correctional facility. We're not accepting charges, but some call and they're accepting charges. And it still feel it's.
Speaker 4: A little weird.
Speaker 1: But if escape on Halloween, how do you not know this? This is my plan. If I ever, you know, get falsely convicted of a string of hobo murders in the North Northwest in the nineties, wait for Halloween, be like, ah, my appendix, oh, my appendix. And then when they take you over, you know, if you're gonna do your thing, do your thing, and then like that's gonna buy you a little bit of buffer, right, same if you want to murder somebody in your front yard, you want to have a dead body in your front I let me ask you a question. I know this is really morbid ross and I think it occurred to me one time, probably when I was drinking. I always thought, you know, there's got to be some cocky serial killer out there who's displayed a victim on Halloween for the lulls, you know what I mean. Right, Normally that's in the basement, that's going into the secret field out in you know, wherever you're burying your victims. But it's Halloween, so let's throw that thing out in the yard. Yeah no, that's got that's got to be like a true crime podcast somewhere. That has to be. That's had to happen. I mean, is that so I'm not crazy for thinking that. I don't know why. I just I just assumed it's happened before. And he Meanwhile, he's sitting there on his patio with a bowl of candy. Right, none of the neighbor kids are coming up because everybody's got to read on this dude. Oh he's very quiet. Right, they don't let their kids trigger treat there. Used to say they're the bowl of candy watching people go oh look at that. Wow, that's so realistic and just laugh in his serial killer butt off. That's what I do. And then escaping Halloween all day? Yeah, what do you? Whoa? Whoa, whoa? What's what's going on? I'm a I'm a prisoner. Oh okay, all right, carry out here. You want some candy, dude, give you a ride somewhere. People need to consult me before they do this stuff. Oh wait, Boston Paul just uh, he says, sketchers absolutely the way to go ross. You're becoming Boston Paul no, I'm listen. I love the New Balances and eventually we will all become Boston Paul when it comes to our feet. It's how it works. So I'm saying this how I'm speaking the truth. No, no, no, no, it's a timeline from my observational stuff. Absolutely, man.
Speaker 3: And you know I actually noticed because I had someone to pointed out before to me on Twitch. That's they pointed that out because I was going off how I love the new Balances now and I don't care like before I'd be like, oh, I can't be a new Balances. Now I'm like, oh, they're amazing.
Speaker 1: I love them.
Speaker 3: But when my father in law was here this past week, they're visiting from Louisiana, and we were doing some yardwork and I looked down into his feet sketchers.
Speaker 1: Oh so yeah, oh yeah, no way, yeah, maybe I've already jumped the gun because these shoes, the shoes, literally the shoes that I'm wearing right now, the ones I just told you about, they basically operate like Sketchers. They have a hard and back heel, so you you don't even have to lean down and put your finger to pull them on. So maybe I've already jumped the gun to as lazy as possible. They're very comfortable when they breathe. There was a time in the nineties right where they were popular, though. Sketchers were thing. Yeah, you had those, and you had the nineties you had those, la No, you had the Adidas shoes, you remember, yep, everyone where I had a pair of the black Adidas is and I wore those things out. Man, dude, you don't realize. Some of you do, obviously, but if you're younger, you don't realize that the amount of what's the cred is at the South Park where they're making fun of Prime, they're calling it cred. But you know, obviously you don't the amount of cred that you had strolling into my high school in the mid nineties with a pair of Adidas on and a No Fear or a big Johnson's shirt, right, you know.
Speaker 3: No, And it goes the opposite way too, because back in the day, at least up in New York, like you had, you know, the Champion shirts are popular now, Oh yeah, that was poverty back in the nineties. Like if you were to wear the Champion stuff, that was the stuff you'd find on like the the discount rack or the or not the good will store, but like the equivalent to that where it's like the discount store, like if you rolled in with a championship and now they're like popular, they're popular.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what was the other thing that blew me away? What's the what's the clothing brand with the little alligator on it? Am I trying to I can't remember the name of it. It was really popular in the eighties and by the nineties it was kind of ghetto. And then like they have a that I saw for sale at Macy's for like one hundred and ten dollars for a shirt, So good on them with you know, pulling a John Travolta, I guess reinvigorating your career. But holy crap, man, Yeah, so everybody's got there. You look and if you asked anybody what the what the uh most popular outfit is or think about it from your high school, you probably roll your eyes a little depending on what era, what era you came through, But yeah, you know what she was. I liked was the British Knights. Did you have those?
Speaker 3: I didn't have the one other with the with the BK button When I was a kid, I had to have those shoes with a stupid BK button.
Speaker 1: Well, the rebock pumps. We've talked about this, because I didn't have the regular ones. I got the fake Yeah, I got the poverty ones. There's no air pumping. It's just got a little fake basketball looking things sticking.
Speaker 3: Out on the sideline. A gym class like pumping up your shoes, but it's not doing nothing.
Speaker 1: I'm totally pumping. Everybody knew what was up. No, no, no, no, no. So, uh did you did you travel at all for any Were you in any extracurriculars where you traveled. I was in cross country, so yeah, we would like to go. Yeah, so you know the rule on travel days you got a dress you had we had to wear. We had to wear a nice We had to wear a dress shirt, which is you did we didn't. Oh yeah, we had to wear for the football team and we had to wear a dress shirt when we traveled. So remember the silk dress shirts from the nineties. Did you ever have any of those? I still got a ton of them. Man, oh dude, oh man, I had some. I had some really nice silk shirts fashion those aren't in fashion now. No, you look nice. You look fine with your due balance and your soap fresh thing. He's also wearing umbro shorts, so ross'sued in. It's tucked in. Yeah, no, no, no, he's he's a business above and uh athlete you know Jim below, So he's kind of like an upside down mullet. Taking a step further, why don't body farms have haunted trails on Halloween. That's a good point, sir. The problem is is only the government can have body farms. If I try to have a body farm, what do you think is gonna happen Ross if I open If we open a body farm, all right, Casey and Ross is Halloween extravaganza body farm. How fast do you think we get shut down? About five minutes? Actually the police like you have a you got a police like us, and the fire people do because I think they brought Ross's shirts, so maybe ten minutes before they come out and be like, holy hell, what happened? Now I'm straight up on this real killer thing that happened. Somebody displayed their work on Halloween for lolls for laughs. Sorry, somebody emailed me last time I said lowells and asked me what it meant and if I'm gonna assume. I was gonna assume you didn't have the Internet, but you emailed me, so I assumed it was like an old timey Wyoming thing. You know, when I first got into radio in Minnesota, I had to break myself. There's some Wyoming phrases that I used to say regularly that would cause confusion. You know, that'd be a fun segment one time. I just made a list and asked you if you knew what they meant. Hey, some of them are pretty prettybus ubiquitous in other states. I all had no cattle. I'm sure you've heard that before. People say that in Wyoming a lot all had no cattle. And it's not a positive thing. It doesn't mean they like your hat. Basically, if you're if you come out and you're gonna go, you come out to Wyoming, You're like, well, honey, we're traveling to Wyoming. Let's go to the Western Store. I got great stores like Kings and Sheridan is a legendary Western store. Tourists would roll in there and buy you know, Tony Lama boots and some of the Pigo which like the Cowboys shirt. It was a brand of cowboy shirts. At the time that the rodeo guys would wear and and and then they get it and it's all brand new with folds still in it, and you look as ridiculous as Kamala cooking in the kitchen with the chick from the office. Okay, and then people go, oh, all hat, no cattle. So that's what that meant. So do you guys have any fun sayings up in Schenectady? Not along those lines? No? Oh well, anyway, all right, let's see here it is six forty nine. We'll take a break. Yeah, I literally I I've purged myself with a lot of them. There's a lot of way Minnesota sayings too that I wouldn't wouldn't use because people like, what the hell are you talking about? But that's the fun part, man, That's why I love learning this stuff. Anyway, six point fifty, hang on, I think might be fun. Okay, okay, so you ready barking squirrel.
Speaker 3: It's like somebody that's like small, but they've like they talk a big talk.
Speaker 1: No, it's it'd be a prede dog or a rock chuck them. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, they bark. Man. It's actually pretty creepy. Buckle bunny. This was one of my favorite. Do you know what a buckle bunny is? I had no idea that are those are women who chase uh rodeo guys around, So we call them buckle bunnies, right, Oh, so they're like groupies. Yeah, they're great. It's just the cow They're just cowboy groupies. Man. So doubt Doubt's another one that we use. I've used. That's one I used on the air, and people thought it was saying doubt like d O U B T. But it's d O W T or d O U T and it literally is a phrase. It just means putting out a fire. That's when I had I've never heard that before, so and I was be like, ah, the fire, but the engine showed up in doubt it. Yeah, I honestly I didn't know I was saying it wrong until I got I moved away. People in California didn't know what the hell it was either around the beach got a fire going, Yeah, you gotta we should doubt that before we leave? What don't doubt it? Be positive? A lot of hippies down there, greenies. You've heard me use that on the radio. That's what we call Colorado because he's got the green license plate. Let's see Nanny Slammers. Those were those were there's more rodeo stuff. Yeah, that's like Kamala Harris's husband. It's the goat ropers. Oh, I was close a female rodeo event. Hypnolope. You know what a hypno lope is? That is that's like a hippie who is like if it's a fat hippie. No, it's you know, the antelope. You've seen the antelope. You look at Utah, you're familiar with them. Obviously, we call him hypnal lopes up in California. Went over at Disney that to tell Disney's lawyers and people work for Disney, Hey, for like five seconds, could you all not be Rocky Mountain Canaries. I didn't get to that phrase, Rocket Ross. What do you think Rocky Mountain Canary? Oh? Wait, Ross is fixing something cause their computer sucks. Rocky mount Canary is is a donkey or a jackass? The wyoming thing whatever. I never understood that one either, but that was my polite way of going Disney. What are you doing? Man? Don't you have enough bad pr chugging along? So a lawsuit? This is this is a wrongful death lawsuit. Now, to be fair, we do have a running bit on this show where anytime there's a death near Disney World that's really unusual, like they had a worker on one of the rides die in a smelting accident, we just assume that's cover up for they got eaten by an alligator. And they've been doing that ever since that boy got eaten by an alligator. But that's just us being fun, because that's what we are, is fun. Right, This is serious stuff. Disney trying to get a wrongful death lawsuit that has been filed by New York University doctor's grieving husband. So this guy and his wife, they go down to Disney, they eat at I don't understand that. I didn't understand the true scope of this until I had it explained to me by somebody who owns a house across the lake from Disney in front of radio friend of mine that even when you think you're not in Disney and doing business with Disney, once you get off that exit, you're doing business with Disney like like they own. And and by the way, that's because Disney. I don't know if you know this, see I do. I do happen to research some Disney stuff, even if I'm not a Disney goer. The way that Walt Disney was able to get disney Land to get a foothold in was not just that he created something that you know, people I've foreseen before. It was pretty amazing. But you have to remember that the land that he bought where Disney sits in Anaheim at the time was was orange groves and avocado trees, and there was nothing near there. It would be akin to going down to and putting Disney in. I don't want to pick on any town, but basically out in the middle of nowhere. And you had to get people then to commute at a time when they you know, it wasn't like now where you'd be like, yeah, I'll drive three hours to go to an amusement. I'll go to two and a half hours or whatever to go down to Charlotte. People that wasn't their thing, man, So you had to get him to come there from Los Angeles proper. And so he put all his money into the park, but you had to have the other stuff. You had to have hotels for people to stay because it was such a long distance and people were coming from other parts of California and the country. You had to have restaurants, you had to have all this stuff. So he had to go like beg people in the hospitality industry to do business in. Almost every single place turned him down. All the big hotel companies at the time, big restaurants or restaurant restaurant tours. And there was a dude from Texas who saw the opportunity and he he made He said he would do it, but Disney had to guarantee him exclusivity and it was a license to print money. So when Disney World rolled around, they decided, never again will they miss out on that revenue. We're going to everything that you see is going to be Disney owned. So even hotels that are out of there, you know, whole housing developments, obviously, restaurants. You think you're not on Disney property, but you're doing business with Disney, which is fine, whatever, That's not my beef. This is my beef. Are you ready? So this this doctor and his wife go down to Disney. It is was this guy's name, Jeffrey Piccolo. Is the is the New York University doctor his wife. Oh, it's unfortunate. This is her name, Canoe Porn to Gosson, I'm not miss I'm not mispronouncing that that's there's a k in there, though maybe I am. Anyway, So they go down to Disney. She suffered a fatal allergic reaction at a one of the restaurants near Disney Springs, which I don't know what that is, but I guess it's part of Disney. So and uh, you know it was after being assured, after being absolutely assured that this was not in there. Very sad story. Disney, though, has filed in response to the to the wrongful death lawsuit, the following defense and this is going to make your blood boil. They have argued that the lawsuit should be thrown out because the doctor and his wife agreed to go to arbitration with Disney. How did they do that, according to Disney's lawyers, because he had a he took a thirty day free trial on a PlayStation for Disney Plus. It sounds like one of their kids did, right, So when signing up for the Disney Plus app for a thirty day free trial. In the terms of service, it says, quote let's see here, saying the Disney Plus subscriber agreement that Piccolo signed or was signed in his household on his behalf via PlayStation. Is that for any dispute that Piccolo has with Disney, with the exception of small claims, all will be resolved by individual binding arbitration. Disney pulled the arbitration card. Not for the not for even on the tickets, because a lot of time you ever go to a sporting event to flip over your ticket, there may be an arbitration agreement on there, but for something that was not remotely related to what he did. Right, Disney Plus, I had a free trial at Disney Plus when it first came out. I paid for it for a little while. I don't need Moore, but I had that ross. Did you know you have Disney Plus? Right? Did you know that if you go to Disneyland and you get eaten by an alligator, mark, he's got to go to arbitration? We did.
Speaker 3: We read the terms and conditions. It's clearly right there. It's right there. Yeah, how you know?
Speaker 1: I know some lawyers who I respect and like very much, but these are the cats that This is why there's the jokes. This is the south Park episode? Right? Yes it is? Yes?
Speaker 3: Is it Kyle doesn't read that. I think it's Kyle doesn't read the terms and conditions and then they come from Apple and they turn them into a human centipede and they're like, it was right there, dude. The rest of his friends are like, wait, you didn't read the terms and conditions.
Speaker 1: At least Kyle got to pick which end of the centipede he wanted, and it was with the dude from the Walk. I can't say the name of it, but the Chinese restaurant, right, and he's the lead part of the centipede and he's but he keeps eating all these horrendous Chinese dishes right right? You wanna eat the vanilla paste? Yeah, He's like, do you want to vanilla ice cream cone? Or pangalin? And you can hear the restaurant going, it's a great episode. In fact, you know what it is. I think that's the episode in that South Park documentary, was it five Days to Er or whatever. I think that's the episode they're working on in there. So Disney's arguing, this is I'm telling you, man, this is don't get me wrong, corporations. This is why you hire a team of lawyers. They got to come up with something. The fact is that it looks like it looks like if the story is as Piccolo says, a lot of extreme negligence here. But to take the fact that he was a Disney how does that make you feel? As a Disney Plus subscriber the two or not? And thankfully, because they filed this in Florida, where there's at least a tidbit of common sense, the judge was not pleased. An emotion filed in Orange County, Florida Circuit Court. Disney argued that Disney Plus subscriber agreement binds him, or at least obligates him to use individual binding arbitration. They also added the Piccolo, excuse me, agreed to similar language when he downloaded the My Disney Experience app. So they're sticking this stuff in the app right there, And of course that's not at all what is intended. It's about the individual thing, right so by Disney, I guess maybe you can buy tickets on there. So I guess maybe that if you bought tickets and you thought there was shenanigans you want to resolve it, that that would be the resolution with the app, not your wife dying at a restaurant because they told her there was no shellfish in there or whatever. It doesn't say what the allergy was, does it? Here we go, all right, So the forty two year old, his wife was forty two, died of a severe allergic reaction anaphylaxis, just hours after dining at the Raglan Road Irish Pub and restaurant. The physician, who had worked at Manhattan's Nyu Lagoon Hospital, repeatedly stressed to wait staff that she has nutt and dalla and dairy allergies, and she ordered scallops, onion rings, broccoli and corn fritters. And at each point he and he, I'm sure he pulled that. I'm a doctor and I'm telling you it's really really bad, which is fine, he should, right if it's really because some people have allergies, and some people have allergies, right. And they did administer an EpiPen to her. That's the people were like, why didn't you have an EpiPen? They did, They did have an EpiPen, and she had just there was so whatever was in there was so much. I guess that it didn't matter, which is pretty crazy because those you see those EpiPens on TV where they put in a person like thirty seconds later they're talking sports. Again, that's not how that goes, and especially in this situation. So it doesn't say in a lawsuit what exactly they think was in there. But they did test her, and obviously they showed that she had consumed nuts in a significant manner. Maybe the broccoli, but you could do broccoli with almonds, but you can see the almonds, especially if you have if you have a nut allergy. I gotta think you're Johnny on the Spot with that stuff. But either way, maybe walnut oil. I don't know if that works. But yeah, so what a bount you scumbags.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, this is why we this is why we advocated for having drug lords dropped into the park. Aditially. I wanted him tethered to stuff so that we could come along and arrest them, but not just put them in there. Mag a Disney problem. So we'll see, we'll see where that goes. The judge was not impressed. I'm sure they'll come up with something else, all right. Eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four h Dennis Kuai, you I do this Dennis Quaid story, Dude, When you got big Hollywood people coming out and going, hey, you're throttling stuff. I know that maybe just go hey, maybe the system's broken. I know that most of social media they don't think the system's broken because it's accomplishing what they want. But they're marketing. They're trying to market a movie, and they're literally buying advertising too. This is why this story is so much worse than you know, you made a post about how you feel about this politician, or you posted the Donald Trump photo right, the iconic photo of fist in the air, flag over, and then Facebook throttled it, which they admitted to doing, by the way, is on accident. But this is something totally differ. So we'll get into what Dennis Quad's beef is about. And already Boto places use peanut oil as frying oil. Yeah no, no, no, I know that that's probably with the onion rings that might be in the fritters, both fried foods. But you know, but it's also one of the really easy things some of reading an email here one of the really easy things for restaurants where I've seen restaurants where they accommodate, they use you know, something else. So because I like peanut oil, let me wrong if you're going to deep fry turkey and you don't have a nut allergy, you should be using peanut oil. Just my two cents, but obviously not a good thing if you are very, very allergic to them. All right, So we'll get into the into the Dennis Quaid thing, because that should be far more disastrous for them than anything else. And San Francisco has done something crazy. No, Now know what you're thinking, like, well, does that word even have meaning in Sani? You know what I think it does, and I'll explain next why it does. Hang on. San Francisco has filed felonies against moonbats. I want to repeat this, San Francisco has filed actual felony charges against some of their fellow moonbats, right, because you know you got San Francisco. Does anybody get charged for anything?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Not that guy pooping right there? How about the guy were there doing the same No? No, okay. How about these people looting all the stores till they shut down? Do they get charged?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: It was under a night It was nine hundred ninety eight dollars. Wow, what a queen kadik Okay, all right, but the the bridge too far pun intended? Is the shutting down of the San Francisco Bridge that was done by twenty six of these pro Hamas protesters. They have been hit with felony charges of false in prison after they shut down the Golden Gate Bridge. This was back in April, so they were some of the early early adopters. Eight are accused of felony, conspiracy, trespassing, obstructing a thoroughfare, refusal to disperseed. You know, this reminds me of Ross. You remember that story we did about a month ago in the UK where they're going to throw the art vandals and the roadblockers. Like they started. There was a judge who had it out, started harding out sentences and like the really really that CEO mom, her daughter's in there and her daughter's got like five years in prison for shutting down. They had a whole list of all of the causes, right, Like there was a woman who ended up giving birth in a dangerous situation because she couldn't get through there. Like they made a very clear cut case for it, but they absolutely couldn't deal. So now they're saying that after the DA there charged twenty six of these idiots with false in prism at eight feloniously, including trespassing, obstructing a thoroughfare, refusal, and a riot. They declared it a riot. They're you know, feasibly they should be doing some jail time. But yeah, blocking the bridge to talk about how much you hate the Jews, that's that's a as I said, a bridge too far in San Francisco. I don't know these will go anywhere. And by the way, with some of the elon Trump stuff, it's labor unions who are being intentionally dishonest, which again shows you that intellectual honesty within politics is dead. There's not even that. There's no expectation where you would feel bad about. You know, I shouldn't word it that way. People might misinterpret what I'm trying. That doesn't exist because it doesn't matter. The ends justify the means, because you created a candidate in your own mind that is literally satan and not just stupid or ineffective or any of those things, but it will literally be the end to your life as you know it, and you've convinced people of that. So that's a really easy way to shake off moral objections to doing stuff. Okay, so that's on you. So then you couple it with insane lawsuits. Algerian boxer a Maine Khaliph. So this is the gold medal winner, and I think the sixty kilogram, yeah, they use kilogram whatever women's boxing there at the Olympics. Obviously, this is the x Y chromozoone, the super high testosterone. And again, as we've said on this show, as I understand the situation, this is not somebody who decided that they would transition, but rather somebody who's dealing with a really unique, very rare condition, but one that bestows upon them testosterone levels and strength and speed that you would associate with the man couple with the x Y chromosome. And I don't know, it's one of those things where it's just like sometimes life isn't fair. Let me ask you a question. If it's somebody who was born female but has very high testosterone, I don't think most people in non contact sports are going to go the full this is a transgender person route. I think it's the part because they watched you on video breaking other women's faces. You know, in a way that other than a couple MMA matches some that I can think of some really good ones. Actually, you just don't see in the world of boxing because the glove, you know, the glove size. You have the gloves obviously, but the size of what you're using is significantly more. We look like MMA fights. She was busting these folks up. So I don't know, but now she's suing Elon Musk and JK. Rowling for cyberbullying and her lawyers are looking into Donald Trump. So and Algery. Of course, Algerie, if you want to start something, that's fine. I don't know that. I'd be in North Africa running my mouth. The last time somebody did that, they died with a stick in their But so looking at you, Kadafi and you know, it was funny. Have you said, Ross, have you seen this where people are lionizing Goddaffi? Now I've seen some of these posts where they're just like they don't have taxes, nobody, uh, you know, free electricity for everybody. It's a paradise. And I'm like, you know the dude bomb passenger plants, right, are you familiar? Are you familiar with this? Like you've heard of locker Bee? Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. He was one of those things where they are they're trying to lionize him and it's like I think their main point is you know, or maybe it's not, but he didn't he sort of he was an awful dude, but he stabilized the region. So it's like, which side do you want? Yeah, yeah, no, they took him out. That's it argument you can make. But no, no, no, no, I'm seeing people going a step further where they're like, why wouldn't you want to live here? Electricity is free? And it's like maybe like five seconds after you open your power bill, I would understand what that thought aldcross your mind, but after that you got to think about it. But also like, you know what, I should have reposted this, but it just show blew me away over the weekend because they were like this is they had all these fun facts, right, they didn't have this. He couldn't There was one fun fact where it was like they didn't have this, and then it was because, yeah, because you don't allow those people to live there. So anyway, where are you saying, no, I saw that meme going back a while ago. Yeah, just so dumb man. So just you know, keep note Algeria and that's not the only lawsuit. Now, we have lawsuits that were filed over the Elon Musk, Donald Trump, Oh, I'm sorry, we have ross. Can you put that piece of audio back up where he's like, you like to fire people. Did we have that yesterday? I can't remember so many of these. I think we did, all right. So because they're they're clearly conflating two things, you're and they're doing it because again, it's another arm of the Democratic Party, in this case the labor unions that are willing to go out there and do stuff. It's the same thing like with with Reverend soul Glow, the buffets Layer, for all those years in North Carolina, there was a period where for all practical purposes he was the official spokesman of the Democratic Party of North Carolina. Didn't even they I couldn't even tell you who it was at the time, that's how bad it was. And I have a rolodex full of these people. And so you sit there and you watch that and you realize it's all hands on deck, like, uh, was it tracking the blue or tracking the left? What was the civitas thing? I'm telling you, if you've never seen this, where you start seeing the the actual the absolute tentacles of things like the z Smith Reynolds Found Nation and many of the others here, these large charitable but also very activist groups, and how all the money flows. It's very like the dude who's running against Michelle Morrow Mo Green, not that Mo Green, that Mo Green Dayge should have made the deal, should have made the deal. I mean, how do you not make the deal? And after what happened to that Hollywood producer, which I'm sure Mo Green had to be aware of, right Ross, wouldn't you say that Mo Green king of Vegas obviously deal with all the Hollywood folks that are coming to Vegas, would be aware of what they did to that Hollywood producer and his horse, like that story travel Oh, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I'm sorry you think it for that cut. Don't worry about don't worry about it. Don't worry about if you can't find it. Okay, So anyway, but going back to like, so the guy who's running for education secretary of Education secretary here in North Carolina, that's where that's he cut his teeth over at z Smith Reynolds. These are all actloose now he's running as a Democrat, but you need to understand all of the stuff behind the scenes, all the stuff that they literally accuse of Republicans, and Republicans try to do, but I would argue they're not as good at it. Is exactly what we're talking about here. So, like when you get into these organizations, whether it be the labor unions or any of the others, they're willing to step up. That's why the teachers' unions will get in there and they'll be like, oh yeah, let's yeah, let's essentially hold a fundraiser and let's use a bunch of the donations or the donations the dues from our members, even members who were forced to be in our union, which is a thing, and it was a thing that to this day, I cannot understand how the Supreme Court allowed to continue to be a thing. You would force people to be in the union, forced people I knew people in Minnesota who were teachers. They didn't have a choice. You're in the union. So they go out and they sue, man, they sue. So here's what Trump and must said that has prompted this lawsuit.
Speaker 5: I mean, if so, I mean, I mean, I think it would be great to just have a government efficiency commission that takes a look at these things and and just ensures that the taxpayer money that the taxpayers are harder money is spent in a good way. And I'd be happy to help out on such a commission.
Speaker 2: I'd love Well, you you're the greatest cutter. I mean, I look at what you do. You walk in, you you want to quit.
Speaker 1: They go and strike.
Speaker 2: I won't mention the name of the company, but they go on strike, and you say, that's.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're all gone.
Speaker 2: You're all gone. So every one of you is gone, and you are the greatest. You would be very good. Oh, you would love it. But you know, if you look at Argentry, by the way, congratulations. I just looked at the number of people that are listening to you and I chat will quote a chat, but congratulations.
Speaker 1: This is very good. I mean it's great. Okay. So, and he called them the great cutter all that stuff. So that irritated the labor unions and they're like ah, And specifically the part where he said you know where Trump said, you know the great cutter he's referred to when Musk bought Twitter, right, And there were several incidents, but they were not labor union contract incidents, Okay, they were large groups of workers who either didn't want to do what Trump wanted were clearly bloated. When he came into the company, he made the requisite announcement following the purchase, because you have to tell the labor relations or the labor the government if you're going to if you're going to fire. And I don't know what the threshold is, if it's a number of percentage or whichever is lower, I think of the two, you have to announce it. That's why you see these stories where they say Microsoft's going to be laying off five thousand workers. Do you think Microsoft put that out because they're proud of it. No, they put it out because they're legally obligated to. So he followed those rules. But when they came to the other stuff, what you were talking about is you were talking about groups that were holding protests and conference rooms. Remember the Google was a Google or YouTube. They just fired a bunch of people for this. Think it was Google Google where people just decide they're going to do whatever they're going to do. There was no formal labor contract, right, Sally Field's not over here banging the drum for stuff, and so it's a pointless thing. So what does the United Auto Workers do. They announced they had filed federal labor charges against Trump and must for allegedly making illegal attempts to threaten and intimidate workers engaging in protected activity. No, they weren't. They fired a bunch of people either didn't want to move, didn't want to do what they were doing, were openly hostile to Elon Ross. You remember the photos of Like the Bat where you'd see people in the background that were death glaring Elon when he was touring Twitter, including like Upper Management. He fired all those people, And why would you want him around there if if they're not going to get with the program. And look, Elon's program may be different, maybe weird, but it's his program. I told you the server story earlier this week. Fired a bunch of people then, so it's just it's just again, it's law fair. It's meant to drain money. Not that they're going to get enough to make a dent in either of these two, but just make things difficult so they don't do it. It's an inkind political donation that will go unregistered. All right, race stage and here to make a donation to your Weather Fund, the Great Weather Fund. All short of funds and charitable stuff. I got a crazy charity story for you coming up in a few minutes. Anyway, I got for you, though. You have to do the weather.
Speaker 4: You have to do that, oh sorry, well yeah, and maybe contribute to my fund for the delivery of what's a beautiful morning? Up down?
Speaker 1: Get things right once and you're just.
Speaker 4: Blind squirrels and corns. Man, Come on, I mean, this is a nice tree for the middle of August, a low sixties, triad, mid sixties, trying a little fog. There was an advisory for some of the It looks like the Weather Service slept on us for the fog. But most of that looks like visibilities are coming up to I'm seeing six miles eight miles, so if you can't see that far, yeah, you've got bigger problems in the mountains. Is actually in the upper fifties, so beautiful start to the day, nice finish, maybe a passing shower, thunder shower, not much rain and mid eighties today. Then we'll go to the mid upper eighties as we go through Thursday, Friday to beautiful days. Lows will still be in the low to mid sixties. I think we'll start to feel some changes for the weekend, maybe little early will increased humidity and maybe some rain chances starting to come back widespread most likely not just some afternoon stuff for Saturday and Sunday. Arnesto's put power out on Puerto Rico. Now we're over three hundred thousand customers. I believe as the center passes now heads toward Bermuda and strengthen, it's probably becomes a hurricane that stays well off east coast. If you are heading to the beaches next week or later this week into the weekend, may start kicking up some of the surf and the rip currents, but shouldn't be terrible. But certainly that would be if there already impacts from Ronesto. That would be where they are. So another storm, but this time this one's amiss.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, I do appreciate it, sir. We'll talk in an hour. Thank you. All right, there you are race staging by the way, I was trying to grab Elon's tweet here. Oh Ross, did you see that Donald Trump didn't tweet anything yesterday? Or I shouldn'tay he didn't tweet anything. He didn't tweet like he normally does. There was some stuff that clearly looks like videos posted and stuff. Is he not going to embrace the Twitter thing again? I don't know, because right now it looks like it's it's like you said, what they're putting out a super focused and right yeah and on message. He why would you abandon the thing that works so well for you? Or I guess arguably not well, I don't know. Maybe the people around him. You can't control him to the Union folks, though, Elon Musk tweeted, the last two ua W presidents went to prison for bribery and corruption and based on recent news, it looks like this guy will join him. Now I will fact check our community. Note Elon, technically there was one dude between the two who were went to jail for corruption. They had like one dude in there for a short period of time who somehow managed not to get arrested for corruption. And then Sean Fain, who's the guy who runs it so whose name sounds like Shin Faine. But that doesn't stop Elon. So there you go, all right, seven forty nine, hang on, ross, have you guys with your was it Hayes Global Initiative and the Lambeau for It's not Lambeau for the kids anymore? Right, you switched to something else?
Speaker 3: Yeah know, we divested to the flamethrower robodog for the children for the children.
Speaker 1: Yes, you guys haven't been rocked by any major scandals yet, have you. There's no reason to be. We are legit for real charity. Okay, Children for the children? Right. Well, let's say the children came over and you wanted to give them candy, right, Kids like candy, right, Yeah, so you had a little candy for him. Would that be okay? For the care We would not be giving anything to the children except the flaming robodog. What if you put the candy bowl on the flaming robodog and then it was like a challenge to get the candy.
Speaker 3: We talked to our lawyers and there's too much there. They could choke on the candy, they could be allergic to the candy, So they're no candy for the children. What if it's meth candy, that would probably be problematic. Yeah, it wouldn't be good.
Speaker 1: The is New Zealand New Zealand charity is apologizing after distributing dozens of pineapple flavored candy cut with meth and not a little bit. Wait to year how much was in here. The Auckland City Mission, which looks like a good charity. They donate parcels of essentials to New Zealanders can't afford foods like you know, like you know, food for people, or food insecure or having a tough time. It's a charity again, you know, these charities seem to be far more efficient at it than government, so good on them. Unfortunately, it looks like they didn't check a donation, which I don't know about this because again I once' you hear how much meth was in these candies. It's a miracle that didn't kill anybody. They say that somebody had donated the candies which were sealed, and they look like the bag looks like you know when you go to a gas station they have like one hundred different bags of little candies there and they're always like they used to be. Remember when they were two for fifty cents. Now they're two for like nine dollars or whatever you seem. The truck stops looked like one of those little pineapple candies. Unfortunately, the candies sent several people to the hospital. Thankfully, nobody is still in the hospital. They estimate after testing that each bag contained three grams of meth. I'm going to repeat that, and for those of you wanting to do the math, I want you to picture in your head the cocaine bag they found in the White House or you got that picture the little tiny zip block, which, by the way, if you're a zip block, you know what people are buying those four for crafting supplies. Sure. Anyway, whatever that was what a half gram they said was in there. I think this at a half gram, so six times the amount of powder that was in that bag, I can't even imagine, as you as you probably know, And by the way, welcome hour number three. Glad to have you along. As you probably know, San Francisco is kind of like the guinea pig test market for driverless cars here in the US, specifically Waimo, which is a spin off of the Google company or Alphabet I guess is the parent company, and they've been doing driverless cars in around San Francisco. Who's been permissive of it? Obviously, you know, a lot a lot of places don't allow it, although more and more are. We had that video not long ago of an officer pulled over a driverless car and he didn't even hit it with his night stick. I mean, what a waste. But they've been people have been dealing with this for better in a decade in San Francisco. In fact, fifteen years, that's how long San Francisco is allowed, to some extent driverless cars to operate on their roads. So you've had fifteen years to work on this, and I understand that it's not easy, and frankly, you know, it might be unachievable in some instant you know, in some traffic situations, I can't and maybe not in the US. Have you ever been to a foreign country where there's clearly no traffic laws. If you go to if you go to Dominican Republic, you pretty much do whatever you want. Not that you'd want to drive around there, but I've had the I've done that. I've driven from the north to north side to the south side at military checkpoints, but you can pretty much do whatever you want. A lot of Central Americas like that. You know, they have signs and stuff, and they don't really enforce anything. And so when you get into more you know, busier areas or have you ever been to Asia, You ever been in one of the big cities in Asia and seen traffic around there or India if you've ever seen the videos. I don't know how driverless car would ever work there, but San Francisco's where they're testing them, and they've had some problems. Although I was correct in saying that that driverless cars would turn into essentially sex booths, which is a thing because of court you have driverless ubers, people drunk from a bar, heavy petting each other in the back of that thing. You know what's going to happen. But I digress. So here's what happened here. So they have a big parking lot and it's surrounded by residential buildings, and it is it's the charge up station in the parking lot where the cars go to at night recharge and sleep I guess, you know, or whatever. And then at four in the morning the cars come alive and then they go out and they actually, you know, they have an algorithm to predict them based on usage in different parts to the city. But they moved where they were re storing the cars and they moved it into this area, which makes more sense that it's closer to where the actual people wanting to use them. Are. But at four am there's video from the security build of the security footage from the buildings adjacent to this parking lot. They keep causing traffic jams in their own parking lot because they're all trying to leave at the same time. It's like, it's like when you're trying to leave you know, the UNC game or whatever, and it's just you just idiots abroad, you know, everywhere. Man. So that's that's funny enough. But when they have a function, which is the most pointless function I've ever heard of, so a they will honk to alert based on proximity another vehicle to their presence. Now, it's not impractical when you're out in the real world and the car is not another driverless car, that makes sense. Hey I'm backing up, or hey i'm behind you. You know, we we have little honks in certain situations. That reminds me in when I was driving in Costa Rica. They literally people will honk to let you know they're going to run a stoplight and then they'll just run it, but at least they honked and everyone's just good natured about It's really weird. But anyway back to this, so, so these folks are waking up four am to fifty one hundred cars honking in Unison. But here's the deal. Why would you have to honk to another driverless car whose network you're connected to? And the answer is, you don't. This is a simple programming thing. If it's honking to alert its presence and it's because of proximity to another vehicle that it knows is another driverless vehicle, just have your computer brain tell the other computer brain the honking's purely perfunctories for show. It's for the person who thinks in the back of the car. Let me ask you this question. So I didn't know that. I didn't realize that have fifteen years to work on this ross. Will you get a driverless car? Would you get inside? If if I said, hey, man, driverless car coming by the station. They want to show it off.
Speaker 3: You want to go for a while, like just for fun, like around the parking lot? Are we going on like the belt?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, no, we're gonna go. You're gonna take the loop. I'm passing on that. But why you not to drive? You can sit in the back and you said wherever you want, do whatever you want. I only get in cars that have drivers that I'm paying for. Are you getting here? Does your wife drive? When you guys know we have drivers? Oh so first see you? No, I like driving, man, I like driving my own car. Well, I understand that, but that's not all. I mean, you don't drink anymore, but like you know, when you're drinking, you don't get the Uber. I would encourage people to do that or the Lyft. I actually like Lyft a little more. But yeah, I mean I'm super weird man, And you know I don't drink at all. We don't drink either, this markie. And I've never used an Uber or a Lyft either. Really yeah right, I've never even downloaded the app even when you're travel I guess you right in a car? We don't have to visit your mom? Yeah, okay, yeah I was. I was initially hesitant, and that's enough for me. I had. I took an Uber one time and the woman drove on the sidewalk. Is that not a reasonable place to drive? Well, she only drove the two passenger side tires of the sidewalk. The other two were on the road, so I don't know if she was trying to do a weird stunt cars on two wheels.
Speaker 3: Was she like avoiding a child or something, or like a.
Speaker 1: Pola couldn't use the app? So I figured out is she she had technological mental meltdown because she didn't start the ride. So she picked me up, and I cause I could see her phone out of there. She picks me up and she starts like going like a half mile an hour, and she's screwing with her phone. I'm like, okay, she's just starting the ride, but it's not working. Then she starts taking off at like freeway speeds and we're going down. This is on Atlantic Boulevard in Raleigh, so this is from uh, this is from essentially by my house to a downtown is where I'm going. And so she comes off there, she flips over to Atlantic, which is you know's that's what five blocks she's probably moved to get to Atlantic from my house. So she's gone five blocks either a half mile an hour or at about sixty on street. And she keeps it and I can see what it's doing. It keeps yelling directions at her to turn around to go back to my house where she had picked me up. And it's because she didn't press starts, so it still thinks it's going to pick me up, and she can't handle it. All of a sudden, the car jumps up in the air and she's driving on the sidewalk. Now, what would you do if you were driving on the sidewalk? You just you lost concentration, and now two tires are on the sidewalk. What would you do? I would say, oh my god, I would drive back into the road. You drive back in there, or you might stop right, you may stop yeah, okay, she did either of those. She's like, this lane works. And we went down Atlantic down past the where they had where they built all the new restaurants, and then where the brewery used to be there, or where the breweries and the waste management all that is. So it's that stretch from like six forks to when you go to get on the freeway down on Capitol Ble. She drove that whole top section before he came down the hill on the damn sidewalk, And only when you get to where the walking path is, the rape trail is my neighbors call it. Talk to my neighbors. Then she's like, because there's posts there and there's a creek. She's like, oh, guess we have to get back over here, and she kept going and then I looked and I realized her Uber rating was a three point two, which you don't use Uber. That's crazy. That's three five, not a five, which you might eat at a restaurant. That's a three point two if you get in an uber and it's and it's under a four point like I'm a four point nine to five. And I only know this because I couldn't figure out why it dropped because I haven't I hadn't taken an Uber in a while. But whatever, But if you get in there and the driver's three point two, they're probably gonna murder you. Like I'm assuming that's what you have to do, because people just put five for no reason. Oh I didn't get murdered. Five didn't get murdered five. She had a three point two. I hope to God this woman isn't out there doing it. And yes, for those of you asking, I did say something to Uber. She was She's dangerous. She absolutely because she and it's not that she's probably a dangerous driver if she's focused on it. She can't use technology in that at the same time, and she was one of only two Uber drivers I've ever reported the other one and I'm not making this up. It sounds like And when I told my friends, they didn't believe me either, and the person at Uber they didn't believe the submission I had met so much I got a phone call from Uber. This dude picks me up. He's a younger guy, He's in a car, and he had clearly just gotten into some sort of uh, some sort of squabble with uh. I don't know. It sounds like an x that he was still and he wanted to tell me about it. And then you started talking about how you ever get that feeling where you just want to murder a woman? And I'm like, I don't think he means figuratively, and he went on. He's just like, yeah, you know, this is I understand why guys just you know, they snap and they do this stuff. And I'm and I'm sitting in the back of this car. I'm like, get me out. I'm glad I'm not a woman one get me out of this psychopass car. So yeah, so her and that dude, but yeah, driverless cars, no, thank you, not gonna happen. And it is it is, It is comical to watch them all traffic jam themselves in a parking lot at the same time. But I feel bad for anyone who's got to look well, that's why you don't live in downtown San Francisco. So there you go, all right, we will. We retweeted that. Look at that. I just did a whole whole opener on. Then, yeah, there's some crazy folks. But to be fair, you know, if you talk to you know, you talk to uber lyft drivers that you know are not and most of them are fine. Uh, and you get one of them if you're on a longer ride, tell you about some crazy stuff. And I feel bad for those dudes. There's a reason there's a vomit fee. There's a reason there's shenanigans that are afoot. There's a there's a guy who does a YouTube channel that drives uber and the stuff he posts it's clearly not staged. The amount of people that try to like cancel rides or or punched Uber drides, it's there's a reason they have cameras. But occasionally it's the drivers man and uh mass murderer and a woman who drives on sidewalk. God help me if you get either of those people, although he doesn't drive for them anymore. They actually ended up sending me an email back saying that they had they had multiple complaints and he was out of the system. And I'm like, so he threatened to kill women multiple times? I just I didn't respond. But how many times do you have to fantasize about murdering women that and tell people, tell strangers about it before they kick you off the platform? And I don't know the answer to that. So you're a driver listening to my voice right now, you know, maybe don't do that? All right? Eight eighteen Cacoday Radio program. We get some audio we gotta get to not as much as we normally do. What did Boston Paul? Did you give her five stars? I did not? How about right in a party bus is different? Okay? An uber home from the bar one of these way most home from the bar is not the bachelor party party bus. That's different. We had we had a party group at a party bus down in Myrtle one time. That driver knew what was up and it wasn't It wasn't you know, Sodom and gomorre in there. But everyone's acting like a bunch of drunk fools and they're doing stuff you clearly shouldn't. But that's what they signed up for. This is not I did not sign up to drive on the sidewalk on Atlantic. All right, eight nineteen, hang on, we'll be back. Do you follow the Murdau that South Carolina murdaw trial that was you know this lawyer accused of.
Speaker 3: So the funny thing about that is I followed it via my viewers on Twitch. Everything about it I know from my chat on Twitch. It's about it.
Speaker 1: I know nothing I got. I mean, I know the basics of the story, and people were enraptured by this story mark kind of the court TV thing of the moment. I never got into it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Markey was into it kind of sort of too, and she's I've heard some stuff through her.
Speaker 1: So it looks like it looks like they may have to do this all over again. So I knew that the the county clerk, Rebecca Hill, there were accusations that she jury tampered and by the way, this is how they accused her of jury tampering. Now she's she's not prosecutor making a closing argument. She is the court clerk. She is accused of telling jurors not to be fooled, that it's an emotional put on with his testimony and all that, and he can't do that, can't do that. But the question became did it sway jurors, And initially they decided that it didn't. Also, this woman published a book, you know, because the trial was there, and she decides she was going to cash in on it. And then they went through the book and figured out she plagiarized a bunch of it, so she resigned in disgrace. Then they thought then they wanted to charge with jury tampering. Well, now it looks like the South Carolina Supreme Court maybe signing on to this argument with the with the idea that here we go, the South Carolina Supreme Court will now hear arguments for against a new murder trial. So they've decided to elevate this based on that. And that's actually kind of a big deal in South Carolina because they the Supreme Court works. They got slightly different down there, but you know, it's pretty it's a good indicator if you're a defendant's lawyer at the Supreme Court's willing to take this up after three courts have already said no, but three local courts that could be interesting. But yeah, so this publicity seeking that's specifically what they call her court clerk may have made them do this all over again. But I guess if you're really into the trial, there you go. What was the craziest thing you heard about this? Do you remember? Because again I don't know very much about it. I remember the whole thing was weird. But I guess maybe we'll get a do over. Simone Biles right, the gymnast her birth mother, and I didn't I didn't really know the story. I knew she was raised by her grandparents. I didn't know the story just from an article, the articles that I've read. So apparently her and her sister there with mom. Mom's a big fan of partying, and obviously it appears she was dealing with drug and alcohol addiction, and so she's like one day, like, we're going to visit your grandparents. And then took the little girls to Texas. They lived in Ohio, took them to Texas. Said she was, I don't know, going to the going to the corner store for milk, and then just almost out of there, man just gone. And that was how it was for years and years. The grandparents raised Simon. Obviously they helped her pursue her passion. She's got eleven medals now and I think she's married to the Safety for the Bears. So it's really funny watching those two stand next to each other, and you know, she's living her best life whatever. Well, right, is all this is going on? I see these news outlets that are doing interviews with the mom because mom is like, ah, I'm so sorry, Hey, let's let's have a relationship. And I don't know, like things are complicated, especially when you're dealing with addiction. But you just abandoned your kids and abandon your family too, Like her parents didn't know where she went. She's just out of there. She's just partying and all that, and now you want to get back with your daughter. Yeah, And we've seen some instances like this, the famous people who were adopted. Yeah, you've seen it.
Speaker 3: It's like Joe Dirt, oh right, and then he struck the big time and suddenly his parents wanted his attention. They wanted to come back and do his life, and they were.
Speaker 1: Just everything is Joe actually this in this in this one instance, yeah, in this one instance, yes, I guess it is kind of like Joe.
Speaker 3: Dirt because and he was like, oh my god, it's my family, and then he realized the real family it was with him in the entire time. He didn't need them because they were trash.
Speaker 1: Tied it up with a bow, which is why they made a second one, right, I never saw that one. I don't know. Well, why would they make a second one if they had it? So? For the message? I guess would be money. Oh wait, why do you think Mom's reaching out to Simona? My guess would be money. Oh okay, I I don't know. And that's why Joe Dirt is the top three movie. It's not for you, Yes, it is for you. Yes, Godfather three, Godfather one, and then Joe Dirt. You said, right, why you have Godfather threes? Number one? I will never know. Did we decide whether you like number two or number one?
Speaker 4: More?
Speaker 3: I I know most people I think like Godfather two more. I like Godfather one. I just like the wedding site because without godfeather when you'd have no Godfather too.
Speaker 1: Well, but that's I don't know. So I like Godfather too. It's a great it's a great movie. Yeah, But I mean I don't know the original. Yeah, Marlon Brando, I used to like I used to like number two more and and I think even though I've decided, I just can't let it because there's too many good movies. I think the neuros put me off so much. Yeah, where I'm just like, screw this guy. Although actually I did see something where I kind of all right, well hold on, let me flip over to this. Do I put this? Oh? I emailed it to myself and then I didn't know but it because I'm dumb, all right, is this story I was gonna get to you yesterday. Yeah, here we go. So remember I talked about how creepy AI could start making everything with you know, if you get families quote looking for money who happen to own publishing rights still for their dead famous singer relatives or actor relatives, Like how creepy could it get? How fast? And so? But you can't go in with the really big stuff right away, right You can't go in and be like, hey, who's the porn actress, who's the very famous one? Who? Well pick one, I think several pick one. You can't go back to start making adult films with her again. Although that would be your profession. Still, that's just foo, right, or even maybe having actors act in roles that they knowingly wouldn't have taken in real life. Or singers, right, what was the one where they had what was it eldest singing some modern song? It was a really creepy AI. That being said, where it does make sense and there is now apparently this is a CNBC article Hollywood icons of the past take new star turn celebrity estates cashing in on AI voice cloning deals. So this is the this is the rage in Hollywood. There are several companies and I'll explain the tech to you in a moment. There are several companies that are going out and trying to get exclusive licensing for the voice of all sorts of famous people. In fact, in the article they talk about let's see here, Bert Reynolds, Lawrence Olivier, Judy Garland, all sorts of them, and even some live actors. They're approaching them too. And the way it works is this, and this is how the voice thing works for now. So you know how you get books on tape? You guys like books on tape. I'll listen to them and I'm on a plane, and I try to around the house sometimes, Like I listened to Wise Guy, which is the book The Goodfellas is basically okay on tape all but but I also listen. I have to listen to one where Henry Hill is doing the narration and his wife who actually do do the narration for part of it when it's in first person in the book on tape. But I'm not really into it, but some people are really into it. So what if just like you can select the voice of your AI assistant, like you can make Siri have be a man, and you can make Siri from anywhere. My Siri is Irish. She's an Irish lass. I don't know why. I think I changed them when I first got the phone. I never changed it back. It doesn't matter because I barely use it. Oh wait, hold on, now she thinks I want to talk to her. Go away, go pick potatoes. I can make that joke anyway. So you instead of having to get the book or buy the audio version of Wise Guys, the one where you have, you know, the actual dude and his wife narrating part of it, because there's another one where it's not. You can pick any book and they only need a thirty minutes of voice of most people to be able to put an almost perfect voice assistant or in this case, voice reader together. So these these tech companies, and some of them Google Play, Apple Books, some of the big ones, where there's also some smaller ones, are rushing to get all these big names signed up. So if you wanted to have a famous person read you, if you wanted to read, if you want to have a book read to you by Bobcat Goldwick, you could, which I think is the way to go. If I'm not wrong, right, Can you imagine I'm gonna do Warren Peace, but I'm gonna have Bobcat read it to me. That'd be amazing. Now here's the only reason I'm excited for this. I can't wait until I have the option to get Rosie O'Donnell and de Niro's download and have them read the Art of the Deal to me. I don't know why that would make me so happy, but I think that'd be hilarious. Can you imagine DeNiro, well, in this case, dead de Niro, his greedy family has basically sold his voice for extra money, and now he's got to read Trump's book to you. Rosie O'Donnell. Oh yeah, Debra Messy and in rest these moonbats. Mark Ruffalo probably have to wait a little on him, but you know, Hollywood sometimes they offer him up early, so that'd be great, although they say that already, there's lots of unlicensed versions of this as people are able to, you know, really grab on to the power of AI that's out there and use it to go ahead and do a variety of things. Do you remember how bad the Joe Rogan things sounded just a few years ago with the hockey and the Monkeys we played. I mean it didn't sound awful, yeah, but the cadence was off, like you could tell it was generated. Some of the stuff that's generated now they're the emotional inflection is getting so good, and I don't know, maybe that's because I'm in the in the world of audio, but the Rogan immediately, I'm like, there's a lot that's wrong with this. Some of it's really good. But now if you just need thirty minutes of somebody, feasibly you could find thirty minutes of audio of most people because of a lot of people post videos online. People post videos online or you have access to their video, so pheasibly you could easily make you could make it out a ross reader. That's it. Ross, there's your next billion dollar IDEA ross reader. Yeah, and you just people just plug it in and then whatever book or anything you put in there, it's all read in your voice. So I'm thinking you could do Art of War, you'd try to limit it, or anarchist cookbook, you know, make it real edgy. But ah, so for that, that's when I'll re embrace the hero, when I can use his now deceased voice to read Trump stuff to me, or maybe just read Trump tweets. A jerk, I know whatever, a forty four raced agic. He's not a jerk unless he gives you a bad forecast and it ruins your beat, right, any something now?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know yeah, not today, No, not today, maybe later down the road, probably toward the weekend, later, just in time. Right, if we see some of the swells from what will be Hurricane or Nesto try to come toward the east coast, they probably will, just a question of you know, how big and how much impact will they have, But just keep an eye out that the flags are flying out of the beach. Is certainly going to want to pay attention to that. Other than that, we're a pretty good shape for the rest of the week. Beautiful morning, seeing a few clouds, Still got a few areas of fog, but that's going away. May Papa shower, thundershower this afternoon, nothing widespread. Temperatures will stay comfortable in the little mid eighties, in the sixties again tonight and again to the west and in the mountains there could be some fifties Thursday, Friday sunning mid to maybe upper eighties. A little more humidity at cac for the weekend, maybe some afternoon showers thundershowers, but for the middle of August, really not a bad forecast. We'll let you think the heats behind us. You know, I don't think you knows behind us.
Speaker 1: But it's gonna screw us one more time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, September, like we'll get past Labor Day one of these September mid ninety degree stretches.
Speaker 1: But right now, next never tell you about the time I went winter camping to Minnesota but didn't mean to.
Speaker 4: How does that happen?
Speaker 1: It was end of September, and uh, you know the state fairs in September there, so I mean, it gets really hot Minnesota gets hot and and so we're getting towards the end of September and I'm like, let's do one more trip to the boundary waters. And so me and three buddies we went out there, had our tents and our boats because got a portage boats. It's a whole thing. And all of a sudden we got the most snow in a single day in October. I have video of this because the guys that are with or one of them was the TV guys. So you're shooting a bunch of year olds. We're just camping in it. Man, just can't just do what we can likely we brought some quest did you know it'd be cooler? We didn't know it was going to be that cool, so right, but yeah, we're at the temperature changes anywhere. So thank you, sir, appreciate it. Okay, there you go, raced agic. Oh man, do I have a twist on? Oh? Is this a twist on the whole? Men competing in women's athletics? Wait for it, it's next.
Speaker 6: Good morning, Casey. A couple of big stories this morning. Economists were on the money with their forecasts on the Consumer Price Index, the headline and Core CPI both rose two tenths percent last month. One potential fly in the ointment the Federal Reserve may be troubled by a bigger than expected increase in shelter costs. Stock market futures just a little bit higher as we get ready for the midweek session. S and P futures or up six, the Nasdaq futures are up twenty six, and the Dow futures.
Speaker 1: Or up five.
Speaker 6: The other big story this morning is Mars agreeing to buy kelen Nova, and what is one of the biggest deals so far this year. Mars is paying eighty three dollars and fifty cents a share nearly thirty six billion dollars in all for Kelenova, which makes Pringles, chips, I go waffles and pop tarts and other products. Kelenova has been doing better than some other packaged food maker since being spot off by Kellogg last year, and this acquisition is helping Mars diversify its portfolio, which is currently chocolate heavy. A Google was showing off its new smartphones, watches, and earbuds at what it called a hardware event yesterday. At the same time, the Justice Department was considering its next move against Google now that a court rule that the company monopolized the Internet's search market. Sources say one option on the table is an effort to force a breakup of Google. A lot of new car buyers stretching their budgets. Now Edmunds has average monthly payments hit a record seven hundred and forty dollars in the second quarter. Nearly eighteen percent new car loans come with monthly payments of more than one thousand dollars. FED data show there has been an increase in auto loan delinquencies. In Casey, A lot of today's music stars going retro. They're releasing their albums on cassette. A lot of teenagers and twenty somethings bought the tapes, but they needed help from the baby boomers to play them. Wall Street Journal says gen zers are using their parents' old boom boxes or Sony Walkman players bought on eBay.
Speaker 1: Casey, I yeah, I hate this. I I like it. For the artists, I'm glad they're making money. But no, no, jeez, all right, all right, thank you sir, that's old. Appreciate it, all right, have a good day. Yeah. I don't want I don't want my music delivery system. You know what I mean, tapes I had with DJ's talking up the ramp when I was a kid. ROJ. You ever do that record off the radio? Make you stuff a little mixtape off of it? Super weird? Shut up, No, I was super weird. I would record the DJ. That's actually probably true. It is true. I'm not lying.
Speaker 3: I mean that's what I wanted to do. I wanted to the DJ, and I was like so fascinated to me, it was like an art form. It was like, I need to record that guy. That guy's cool.
Speaker 1: I would record when Casey Kasem's Top forty because we didn't get a lot because we only had two country stations, but the Sheridan station did play Casey's Top forty on on the weekend for some reason. On a non Top forty station whatever, I would record that whole damn thing. Man, Oh those were the days. I still remember my first cassette tape. Do you remember the first cassette tape you ever owned? I sure do. Yeah? What was it? Top Gun soundtrack? Nice Huey Lewis in the news, Yes for me, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, all right. Anyway, Hey, you know when you start to normalize stuff, so's you gotta start branching out and find a new twist and turns all right, Well, apparently just the simple act of men competing in women's athletic events that's too vanilla for some people. You ready for this headline and you're gonna have a lot of questions. A blind runner who won eleven national titles is a man and will compete as a woman in the upcoming Para Olympics. Okay, before we get to any of the trans stuff, and I mean this not out of disrespect. There. Every picture on the article is this individual running on a track which has lanes? How do you do that? That's blind? That's amazing. That is amazing to be like, how do you do that if you're blind and legally blind? Keep in mind you would have to be legally blind. I know some people you say blind, they're not totally blind but still making out track lines. But this individual wins in the men's Like.
Speaker 3: I said, this is just out of curiosity. There's no joke here, like would there because now this is this is amazing. Is there some sort of like brail or something on the track like you can like feel like how would you know that you're I don't know. I would write if it was me, like we're gonna blindfold your runner on the track. I'd be out in traffic and no time would be getting run over by cars.
Speaker 1: Ripross yes, yes, yes, yes