Speaker 1: Come on, come on, welcome back to the weekend. Good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen, Hee rod Roy, come on, let's go Waity wake her hands off, Snaky rod Ryan Show. Good morning, checking in on a milk Monday. I hope you guys had a great weekend. Fresh out of bed, had to head tournaments of champions. Addam the Cop, I mean, what can you say about this guy? If you heard Friday's open phones. Addam the Cop is just going to a new level now on this show. He's taking on my boy, White Rodney, the other White Meat. See if these guys have any history together. Two great players gonna clash today. Somebody advances to the Great eight Fresh out of man Head to head at six twenty, I brought up some new fun facts for you guys, the fun Fact Flashback. We'll get you a one hundred dollars Collector's Firearms gift card. Yes, Texas Hammer Game at seven twenty for Papa Roach Rice Against tickets. I've got ghost tickets today on the show, Gary Clark Junior tickets. We'll get We'll get aways some Monster Jam tickets. Saturday, February first, The Monster jam is back in town. Wait to see our new truck man. It's gonna look awesome. Energy Stadium. Of course, I got a four pack of tickets with pitt Passes coming your way under the show. Very very mild outside right now. Ten percent chance to ring park the Cloudy Hives seventy eight twenty Tesla one of Houston's headlines.
Speaker 2: Hey, good morning Rod, Good morning, home room.
Speaker 3: So President elect Trump has laid out his plans in his first network interview series since an interview since the election. He is sticking with his plan to levy tariffs against America's trading partners. So he had this interview on Meet the Press that aired over the weekend. There are a lot of issues he wants to tackle, but on his agenda, he wants to work to extend tax cuts passing his first term. He's not gonna seek to impose restrictions on abortion pills. He plans to deport millions of undocumented immigrants. He is going to try to end birthright citizenship, and he wants to do partons for the January sixth riders that will happen on day one. He also said he won't raise the age for government programs like Social Security and Medicare.
Speaker 2: He won't make cuts to them.
Speaker 3: Okay, so there's a lot to unpack there, but that's the big headline. Now locally, you put something on Enron is supposed to have, like their big reveal. You know, Enron made its way back into our lives last week with a countdown clock of sports, and people are saying, is it a crypto company? Is it just a T shirt company? Is it a marketing ploy? So we'll kind of try to unpack that this morning as well. A guy in Florida decorated for Christmas and put a twenty foot tall version of the leg lamp from a Christmas story in his front yard. I mean, you can't miss this thing. It is four hundred and twenty percent bigger than the one in the movie. Thank he's golf netting. Golf netting because the you know she's wearing the leg is wearing fishnets, So that's how huge it is. He's also got a statue of Ralphie in his pink bunny suit hugging the lamp and yes, it lights up at night.
Speaker 2: We've got the video.
Speaker 3: We've got all of that on the blog page this morning. Ooh, this is a big story. Jay Z has now been dragged into Diddy's business.
Speaker 2: A woman issuing both.
Speaker 3: Of the men, claiming they are her they graped her in two thousand when she was thirteen. Jay calls the claim idiotic and a blackmail attempt. Rock Nation like release this whole letter calling out Tony Busby because Tony Busby is taking on this case. You can see his response to jay Z's statement. You can see jay Z's statement. The plot is definitely thickening with this whole Diddy trial, so you can go check that out on the blog page as well.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: In their song in the Navy, the Village people preached about protecting their fellow man, but two longtime members of their group are threatening to tear into each other. If you haven't been paying attention, Victor Willis, who's the group's cop lead singer and songwriter, has been championing Donald Trump's use of YMC at rallies while also trying while also trying to.
Speaker 2: Claim it's never been a gay anthem.
Speaker 3: Well, David Hodo, who was a construction worker during the band's heyday in the late seventies, disagrees. So there at odds they're fighting there's a lawsuits. We'll get into that. It's all on the music Fog page. Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: All right. Texas out a bye week, So this is a nice relax This wasn't very relaxing for me. That's been great. It's been great. If you were just relaxing yesterday, well, hey, this your team is good.
Speaker 4: On Monday Night football, Micah Parsons and the Cowboys are gonna host Joe Burrow and the Bengals. Bengals come into this is five and a half point favorites. Kickoff for that games at seven to fifteen. You can watch it on ESPN. Just before the NFL kicked off yesterday college football, the College Ball Playoff bracket was released as well. Top four seeds right now are Oregon, Georgia, Boise State, and Arizona State. Texas is the fifth seed after losing to Georgia in the SEC championship game. They're gonna play the twelfth ranked Clemson Tigers in the first round. SMU also snuck into the playoff if they're losing to Clemson in the ACC title game Saturday.
Speaker 1: SMU getting in.
Speaker 4: Meant that Alabama got left out of the playoff. And there were a lot of upset Crimson Tide fans. I'll post the full College of Well playoff bracket on the sports blog page today.
Speaker 1: Uh sorry, they go early on that New Teams of College Football.
Speaker 4: They were at one point, they were at one point in Bastom started.
Speaker 1: Rockets got to win last night.
Speaker 4: They meet the Clippers one seventeen to one oh six, Jalen Green at thirty one points in the night to lead all players in scoring.
Speaker 1: They're gonna have a couple of.
Speaker 4: Days off now before playing the Warriors on Wednesday night. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go, man, let's go. Who's away? Who's ready to rock? Who wants the first phone call today? Well, anything goes, just about anything goes to that first phone call this morning. Let us know you're up and ready to go today. Seven one three two point two five nine four five, The most interacting show on the radio. Hey there's Chilli. It's gonna be a great day. I see Chili on the camera. Oh yeah, I.
Speaker 5: Had it.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five buzz. Sorry, I just wasn't ready for a hullah. Therefore, I wasn't ready for one of those guys. Hooa. It's early for that. It's a great way to get things started, all right. Ninety four or five the bus, Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show, Milk Monday, Guns and Roses, Welcome to the Jungle. It's perfect ten percent chance of rain. Nothing over that. Well, maybe a twenty percent chance later on today, but it's like weirdly mild outside. No jacket really required. I think that's the name of an album. Seventy eight will be the high today with partly cloudy skies. Very busy, cannot wait, fresh out of bad head to head challenge, loving these games, every one of them today. Adam the Comp was the big story going into the weekend. Adam the Comp on Open Phones Friday, That's all I heard about was oh my god, Rod, I've never heard that on the air. He took the shot, Take the shot, Take the shot. He took down a hog live on the radio during Open Phones Friday. He said he's making some sausage. I don't know. I'm ready, I'm here for it.
Speaker 2: Whatever it is.
Speaker 1: Adam the copp is going to be taken on White Rotney this morning in the fresh out of bed head to Head Challenge Tournament of Champions today all week long. My friend's over at Collector's Firearms, the best damn gun store in the world. I got one hundred dollars gift cards for you. How cool is that? Right before the holidays. Thank you guys. We're gonna hook you up on the fun Fact flashback today with that gift card. Texas Hammer Game, right, the great Jim Adler will be on with us, well, at least he'll be on with us with some prerecorded lines that he has dropped for us. You're trying to win Poppa Roach Rise against tickets at seven twenty with the Texas Hammer Games. So good luck on that Ghost tickets as I mentioned today on the show, and Monster Jam tickets on Know the show this morning.
Speaker 5: It's not time.
Speaker 1: First phone call on the day, Jordan Welch in the machine, gonna get a started this morning. Hey Jordan, Hey, good morning, brother Rod.
Speaker 6: How's it going?
Speaker 1: Great? Man Chilli said that you were in the queue and doing all that stuff with ac DC on Friday. How did it go? Get in tickets?
Speaker 6: Wait, it was a nightmare in the queue because you know there's a lot of people log on and they put.
Speaker 1: You in this waiting room.
Speaker 6: Yeah, of course, everything's gone, like within ten minutes.
Speaker 7: I think, did you thirty refresh?
Speaker 1: When did you log on? Tickets were going on sale at noon on Friday for the Arlington show, So what was your what was your approach getting online?
Speaker 6: I logged on at ten to twelve, okay, and of course says, you know, hang Ti, everyone's in the queue, we'll let you in or refresh the page, blah blah blah. And yeah, I was worried because you know, I'm a big advocate for getting on the floor for big bands like this, for iron Maid and all that good stuff. After thirty or fifty refreshes, finally got them and I can say that my cousin and I will be there in April on the floor.
Speaker 1: Nice. Can do you mind if I ask you how much you pay for those?
Speaker 6: It was about three hundred apiece, close to six hundred for two tickets.
Speaker 1: Three hundred for the ticket plus all the service fees or three hundred all in plus the service fee, so the tax and everything. Okay, I don't know. Does that shock anybody? Three hundred dollars to go see ac DC? It's it sucks that that is not bad?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Can I well, I say that allowed it. I just did three hundred bucks to go see ac DC for the last time. That's where we're at now. I know that there's the old guy in me that says, Jew, you know, I paid this back in the day for tickets. I think that's what you pay now when you want to go see a band. Were you what were your thoughts on three hundred dollars Jordan? Did you feel like that was what you were expecting to pay.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was expecting maybe two to three because it's a legendary band. I mean, they haven't come through Houston in eight years I think Texas and nine or something like that.
Speaker 1: But it's going to be worth it. This could be the last time to see them, do list. It will be the last time, all right, Jordan, thank you for sharing that. It's a Monday night. Man, can't do it. Can't do it on a Monday night. So Friday, we said Friday after our show was in Passa Den. It right Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursdays they're playing every four days, and then the following week they were they're gonna be in Vegas playing all football stadiums. So I don't know if all these shows are sold out, but I'm assuming they are. All right, let's go on the flip get a wreck check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for our fresh out of mad head to head challenge.
Speaker 8: Houston's alternative and tell them of the Rod Ryan Morning shown.
Speaker 1: The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz. Welcome back rod Ryan Show Mills Monday. Hope you guys had a great weekend. Who had six picks? Oh, Alex had six picks? Nice Alex had six picks over the weekend. All right, chill, he's got done. Yes, wonderful, can't wait. Ten percent chance of rain, twenty percent chance tonight party cloudy, very mild out there today of about seventy eight. Really, that's like in the sixties. Right now, what's trending?
Speaker 3: Patrick Mahomes is trending on DX right now? Chiefs when game winning drive post to the end of the game.
Speaker 1: Keeping this, I hate them so much. It is trending.
Speaker 2: I'm like, okay, so that's a surprise again. So yeah, a lot of people talking about Sunday night football. I like this trend.
Speaker 3: The ruby slippers from the Wizard of Oz sold for twenty eight million dollars. That makes them the most expensive item of entertainment memorabilia ever sold. According to this article right here. It sold is Saturday afternoon Dallas Space Heritage Auctions with the buyer's premium, So the total thirty two point five million dollars, and the buyer currently remains anonymous.
Speaker 1: And I remember them saying that the estimate was going to be like around four or five million. I said, no way. I mean that iconic. It eclips that the second they went on the block. It he clips what they thought it was going to matter.
Speaker 3: And a lot of FDA news, So they're saying FDA could ban artificial red dye in the next few weeks, So there was a meeting.
Speaker 2: Robert F.
Speaker 3: Kennedy has claimed that food dice caused cancer, so there's a there's a petition to get rid of this this red dye in our food, which I am all for. Also RFK says he's going to investigate the link between vaccines and autism. So a lot of moving and shaking going on politically. That's what's trending on any four to five buzz.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, right, who's up in the brackets today?
Speaker 9: Phone in, everybody This is Adam the Coup and I'm your puss.
Speaker 2: That'd have been heads ahead.
Speaker 1: Hall of Fame member number seven done it again for the fifth time.
Speaker 10: Soin is some of the great Sinis Carelinic, Cord Hunter, Josh Doo, what called the West tod I can't wait until the end of the year and getting this tournament improve myself for once and all.
Speaker 1: So join me at the Thanks Givin as a just fired up dude. Took the shot. Dune took the shot Friday Open Phones, took down a hog live on the air with us during Open Phones Friday.
Speaker 3: There's not a ton of work I bring home, like, Hey, Travis, you gotta hear this, read my lips, Hey you gotta do this.
Speaker 2: But that one I was like, hey, maybe you want to listen to this?
Speaker 1: Awesome all right this guy?
Speaker 7: Good morning everyone.
Speaker 9: This is White Rodney and I am the first member of the Hall of Fame for twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Look out, Josh and Corey and Sam.
Speaker 9: This is my house now going me at the end of the year at the Tournament of Champions as I win it all bitches.
Speaker 1: I didn't waste any time getting in the Hall of Fame. This year. He's just been sitting So what do you do? I mean, he's been working out all year. What is he doing? What's he even doing there? Seven?
Speaker 5: One?
Speaker 8: Three?
Speaker 1: Oh, No, I'm telling you guys to call. You can't call. Just sit back and listen to these guys do all the work, all right. This is gonna be a great matchup. Don't go anywhere The.
Speaker 5: Rod Ryan Show on ninety four five of us.
Speaker 1: Sermon ninety four five the bus, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Welcome back from the weekend. Sixty one outside right now, keep the jacket at home. You don't need it. Partly Claude ten percent chance of rain today highs up around seventy eight.
Speaker 11: Let's go and now each time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge.
Speaker 1: Listeners to your corners. The Other White Rodney, good morning, Good morning, the Other White. Meet. Hey, dude, you were the first guy in the Hall of Fame this year. When did you go in? January? February January, January, January, and then you've just been stewing all year. You've been hanging out, But how many times in the Hall for you? This is the first time. It is your first time. Okay, did you hear Adam take the shot on Friday show.
Speaker 7: I did not.
Speaker 1: I was doing the same thing. Oh you were out hunting too, Yeah, you should have called us, dude. He uh he bagged a hog live on the air, That's what I heard. Yeah, I mean with a gun and hunting, all right, White Rodney, I hope you. I don't know, like you can't practice this game. Really no, you can't practice. It's uh even you've been listening now. Oh yeah, we ever day you've played at him before? Never? Okay, Adam the cop, Good morning, Good morning brother rod Dude. I mean I can only imagine the emails that I got about your phone call on Friday during open Phones. I can't even imagine how your phone was blowing up.
Speaker 9: Oh I just had to turn it off and I was like, I'm never going to get anything out here and just stand with my phone blowing.
Speaker 12: Up this much.
Speaker 1: It's celebrity. Did you did you bag anything else over the weekend or just that hog live on the air at Open Phones? I settled with a pretty old dough yesterday. The bucks were pretty small so far this weekend. Some wait until beginning of January trying to get this buck. How many times in the hall for you. Five five, okay, bro five times against a first timer. Well, yes, sir, I just.
Speaker 7: Want to tell Adam thank you for what you do, but I want to apologize in advance for assaulting a police officer.
Speaker 1: That's the kind of energy. Not only do I need that energy during the tournament, but I think I'm to take that back. I love it, I love it, and I love it more on a Monday, I gotta tell you shots fired again. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Two correct answers gets you into the grade eight today. Assaulting a police officer White, Rodney's been He's been thinking about that all year. Here we go, He's had all year to think about it. Here we go. Question number one, you're shouting out your name, Rodney, Adam, good luck. Question number one, what television series is mister spock from? I heard there was a weird thing that happened with the phone there. I didn't. I didn't hear anybody's name like a cough. Okay, I can't do it. I cannot do it. I can't do it in good faith, Adam, shout out your name right now. I've screamed that okay, Adam, White Rodney, shout out your name, Roddy, Okay, Rodney, did you say your name at all? I did not. Adam gets the question. I didn't give the answer yet. What is your answer, Star Trek, it's a correct answer. Yeah, I heard, I heard at and I thought the phones dropped and I didn't want technicality. But White Rodney, I appreciate your honesty. We hurt at Adam gets the square.
Speaker 2: I screamed in excitement, and uh my voice kind of cracked too, So that helps.
Speaker 1: All right, you got it, White Rodney was was honest, abe. I appreciate you, see roth absolutely Rodney, Adam. Question number two, what do the brands Zippo and Big predominantly Adam Adam lighters crazy fast, crazy crazy fast today. I appreciate it. Rodney, great, all right, man, good luck all right? Other white men, Yeah, same to you, save to you White Rodney. Nice guys. Well, well, he threw out some fighting words. It didn't rattle Adam at all. Adam's got a lot of momentum going in right now. Although I'm not hearing the full name, it sounds like he's young out at Yeah, I guess taves just because I've done here. Are you still out hunting?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I probably just carried anything away that's gonna come at the last morning, Hunt, and I drive in that noon.
Speaker 1: Like you're in your little stand thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 1: Since Friday, get Bro, since Friday? Are you living up there? I wish it's funny? All right, Hey, dude, great game today. Two questions to answers. I know Tessa, I was gonna say, I know, Tessa. Love that, love it, Adam. You'll be taking on Abby next Monday. Let's go Tomorrow is Tuesday, December tenth. Why is the carpet wet? Todd Corey the goat Hunter? What gonna be a great one? That's a heavyweight match I know you keep track of these things almost like other John. That's a heavyweight matchup for sure. All right, congratulations brother, great game today, Thank you, Thank you. Rod Ryan Show. All right, had Empire upon an empire on the bus four or five the buzz Killers, and somebody told me Rod Ryan Show on this milk Monday. Welcome back for the weekend. Everyone, Nice and mild out there, sixty one degrees today, highs of around seventy eight. Partly cloudy, with low chances of range. Well, the one they call Tim is up listening, and he said that assaulting the police officer turned into some police brutality. A nice it sure did.
Speaker 11: The fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 9: This is Adam the Cop, and I'm and then your frinch haven't been head to head tournament and champions great eight.
Speaker 1: Y'all heard the shot across the world's Fridays. Sorry, Rodney, I had to put you in the line of fire and take you down again. Ouch, Abby, be careful, my crush hair's on you.
Speaker 9: And Adam the Cop is not missing right now join us on Monday, December sixteenth, says I take down Abby bitches.
Speaker 1: Now he did that speech all on his own, right, So here he is talking and he's like, you know, he kind of fumbling through it. He's like, oh god it and then he says, Abby's like, I can't say bitches after I say Abby, yes, so rad it's not to her, it's to us, So don't worry about it. You're off the hook, bro. I mean, who do you got tomorrow, Tessa? Why is the carpet wet tot or Corey the goat hunter the fact that one of those dudes is getting blown out in the first round is crazy to me.
Speaker 2: That honestly is like, either way, a giant's going down.
Speaker 1: It's the game of the It's it's I mean, looking at it, we've had amazing games looking at the names. That is the heavyweight fight.
Speaker 3: Todd won the tournament my first year here, and Corey's won it since my time here as well.
Speaker 1: JUTI champion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know, man, don't make me choose.
Speaker 1: You don't want to pick a winner.
Speaker 2: I don't want to jinx anyone.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be an amazing game tomorrow. I can't wait.
Speaker 5: It's the fuck that to the day.
Speaker 1: Let's go. You look smart the day Tony. He sends an email. He goes, rod I'm not gonna lie. If I was white, Rodney, I would have lied.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll be honesty.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I absolutely said my name. I screamed it too.
Speaker 1: I should have asked. I should have kept Adam on for fun facts today. Sometimes when I have comp questions, he hates that. He's like, I don't want to be the go to guy on all this stuff. Yeah you are. Michigan was the last state. Now I need some undercover cops here to maybe kind of talk about this a little bit here Locally, Michigan was the last state where cops were allowed to have sex with prostitutes during investigations proper. I think also this kind of goes with going to the massage parlors, like I think you had to get the rub and tug in order to like get the get the collar.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: Oh that they ended that policy in twenty seventeen. What in the fifties?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: No, like last year?
Speaker 1: Wow, what's the I mean, how long ago did that get banned?
Speaker 4: Here?
Speaker 3: There's a hilarious South Park episode like that, Like that's so bad.
Speaker 1: Okay, the word GiMA and you know, I'm you know, I'm nailing that nailing it describes the feeling you get when you hear fingernails on a chalkboard. That is, who I get the same thing with kind of a knife and a fork hit in a plate. Yeah, there's a little bit of that. I used to listen to some of these sports guys on there doing these midday remotes and you can hear like forks and knives hitting the plates. It was so quiet, and yeah, those are rough. The fingernails on the chopboard thing. Is there anyone that likes it? There's always like, what is that rule rule fifty eight? There's if there's something out there, somebody's into it, something like that. Somebody's got to be into that green peas popular pizza topping in Brazil. That's neat. That's worse than Canadian pineapple pizza. The fuck that to the day we make you look smart, ere buddies, the fu that to the day I take that back piece wouldn't be as offensive as pineapple on pizza.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pis aren't bad, but I don't really go together.
Speaker 1: Would you give it away?
Speaker 2: I have a one hundred dollars Collector's Firearms gift card.
Speaker 1: Okay, I yeah, one hundred dollars to do whatever you want and collect the firearms. That's day guns store in the world. The makers of this movie, how do I want to word this? What movie? Did the lead actor have to prove there were actually people with the name used in the movie. Ah, he had to prove that there was actually one person with this last name in order to get the R rating down to a PG thirteen. You got this, I'll know if you know it. Seven one three two one two five nine four five. It's now time for rock out with your stock out with Captain Cash. Okay, and he's on the phone. Good morning, how for the rod Good morning, Hello Harold. How did we do on Wall Street on Friday?
Speaker 13: Next day Rodney on Wall Street?
Speaker 7: The Dow was down one hundred and twenty three points off this morning at forty four thousand, six hundred and forty two NASDAC up one hundred and fifty nine to nineteen thousand, eight fifty nine.
Speaker 13: Benchmark ten year Treasury is trading at at four point one six percent, and oil stands at sixty eight dollars five cents of barrel. Two of the most actives the big studs, Amazon, IBM, and MX the big duds United Health, Chevron and Namidia. On the economic calendar this morning, we'll get numbers on wholesale inventories for October right now. Features Hey, you're on the epside, hang on to this. There'll be a positive opening right here in Wall Street.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 13: A manager is Highland Many sub directed with Ramony James Port by the rod Ryans. So from Raymond James on the same play by Augusta Dumpy Toys, Rock Out with your stockout.
Speaker 8: Amians expressed are those of helland and not necessarily those of Raymond James and associates. Income Ember, NYC, as IBC, Iard Radio or IT sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmission.
Speaker 5: We'll continue.
Speaker 8: This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buyer sell any security referred to your end if his programs are educational and informational services on the studs of that's based on movement.
Speaker 5: As reported by Young Finance.
Speaker 1: Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan, show hit it your fun Alan, Good morning Warner, Hey, how are you not too bad? Got one collector's firearms gift card. Now, this actor who starred in this movie, he had to find a real person with this name to secure his PG thirteen rating, So I don't care. Actor named the movie. The name of the person he had to find. Give me something that you know what I'm talking about. It was meet the Parent. M it was Meet the Parents. He had to find somebody with the name Falker to prove that they weren't swearing in the movie Night. He did find Ben Stiller found somebody. They took it from an R rating to a PG thirteen because it's real person's name. You win, Alan, congrats man, one hundred dollars Collector's Firearms gift card. It's all yours, awesome, thank you, it is awesome, man, Thanks for being in homeroom dude, Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas to you, thank you, thank you so much. You hang on for me. Pammy Claudi's guy's low chances of rain ties up around seventy eight. Today, Tessa has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was a lot going on over the weekend and the biggest.
Speaker 3: Story that probably rolled over to this Monday is the lawsuit happening between Tony Busby and rapper Jay Z. So there's an anonymous accuser identified only as Jane Doe saying after she was driven to an MTV Video Music Awards after party back in two thousand, that hurt that Sean Diddy Combs, who is in jail right now for all of these allegations. Well, she is accusing also rapper Jay Z of ring her as a thirteen year old. Then, okay, so this is a federal lawsuit. Who files it? Well, Houston attorney Tony Busby so he names did he as a defendant. It was refiled yesterday to include jay Z, whose real name is Sean Carter. So after this lawsuit was filed yesterday, you have jay Z and Rock Nation responding with this long statement and they're calling it a blackmail attempt. They called it a demand letter from Tony Buzby. So you have Tony Buzby kind of going back and forth with Sean Carter, who is jay Z?
Speaker 2: Regarding this case.
Speaker 1: Well, the interesting part of this, if I read my story correctly, Jane Doe in this particular case is not asking for any money.
Speaker 3: Yes, according to Tony Buzby, they wanted to do like there is no shakedown mediation right. It is very It's a lot of pointing fingers right now. But we kind of had asked ourselves when this whole Didny thing had started, Okay, when are we gonna hear some big time celebrities you are involved in this?
Speaker 2: And I would say this is probably, this is a this is a big one. This is huge, the busiest, bigger.
Speaker 1: It's crazy.
Speaker 3: So we'll see, we'll see what happens to this, but that's definitely a big story this morning. Also, the search continues for evidence in the shooting death of that United Healthcare CEO Brian Thompson.
Speaker 2: This is probably the biggest story last year, I mean last year. Last week.
Speaker 3: NYPD dive crews were back in Central Park over the weekend. They were searching in a pond. Police have yet to recover the gun that was used in last Wednesday's shooting in Manhattan, and they haven't identified a suspect.
Speaker 2: So there is a backpack that is linked to.
Speaker 3: The shooter that was found on Friday that's currently being analyzed in a lab.
Speaker 2: In Queens, New York.
Speaker 3: But really further than that, there's not a ton of information. So another big story to monitor. All right, you got my next drop here? Because seriously gross?
Speaker 1: Oh you want seriously? What's gross?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: Over half of single people who are heading home this month will go for it if the opportunity arises. What is it said, They're hoping to hook up in their childhood bed this month?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, like what the heck?
Speaker 1: Whoa, Well, it wasn't a lot when I lived there.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. Like that is the opposite of relaxing and sexy.
Speaker 3: People were twice as likely to say they might hook up with someone they know, not someone they meet while they're home.
Speaker 1: Hey, mom, you remember that tramp I went out with in high school. I'm going to bring her home tonight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people expect.
Speaker 3: Almost thirty percent of people expect to see or hear from an ex while they're home for the holidays.
Speaker 2: This year.
Speaker 3: Also, twenty nine percent say they've hooked up with someone during the holidays and regretted it.
Speaker 1: Don't do it. SNL did a bit like I'm going to do it in my single bed or whatever. It was a really funny bit. It was about going home for Thanksgiving when you go to college. When you go to college and you come home for the first time, my room is.
Speaker 3: Right next to my dad's room. That's that would never happen. That never happened. Let's talk about Santa's and you know, movies, a lot of Christmas movies. Tons of actors have played Santa Claus. But who played him the best? According to a new List, the answer is Tim Allan. Tim Alan's Tim Alan Santa Claus movie is really good.
Speaker 2: I mean I enjoyed it. It came out in nineteen ninety four.
Speaker 1: My kid watched it for the very first time and I was wondering if it was gonna hold up. Okay, you're watching it with a six and a half year old. It's a live action plus from the nineties. Yeah, and she kind of faded a little bit in and out, but she watched the whole thing. Okay, so that means that means it holds up. Yeah. Good.
Speaker 3: Number two Richard Attenborrow Miracle on thirty fourth Street is number two at answer of elf, number three and number four. Tom Hanks from the Polar Express, I'll give you one more. Kurt Russell the Christmas Chronicles, which came out in twenty eighteen.
Speaker 1: Oh, the best hair ever on a Santa Claus. It's like that first trap that targets using but times ten Santa. Yeah. Okay.
Speaker 3: If you thought Christmas music was fun and jolly, you know what, you might be wrong. It turns out it can be dangerous. There is an insurance insurance Opedia did a study saw with over one hundred and twenty beats per minute can lead to dangerous driving habits. So Frosty the Snowman has one hundred and seventy two beats per minute? Is this the most dangerous Christmas song to drive to?
Speaker 1: This is like Monday, and I cannot get through this. I gotta look up the lyrics, I gotta learn it. I get lost in the middle of the song. I can't come up with all of them. Yeah, because it tells the story, you know, So it's like you think that it would be kind of easy. Hey, listen, I can't do this. Listen, I'm down for being Crosby. If it's not gonna be the original Jimmy Duranty, you gotta go Willie. I didn't know the original Frost. You gotta go Willy on this. One hundred thousand people have doing Oh snow man, this is one of the best ones like this, So all right, So Christmas songs are dangerous, then listen to us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, perfect all I want for Christmas? You Oh my bad? Those are using headlines what.
Speaker 1: You got over there?
Speaker 4: Attections running by, so they couldn't disappoint anybody. Yesterday, Monday Night football, though, Micah Parsons and The Cowboy You're gonna Joe Burrow and the Bengals. Bengals come into this is five and a half point favorites, kickoffs at seven fifteen.
Speaker 1: You can watch it on ESPN. The College football playoff bracket was released yesterday.
Speaker 4: The top four seeds are Oregon, Georgia, Boise State, and Arizona State. Texas is the fifth seed after losing to Georgia in the SEC championship game. They're gonna play twelfth seeded Clemson in the first round. SMU also Snect of the playoff after losing to Clemson in the ACC title game Saturday. Them getting in means that Alabama was left out, which means there's a lot of upset Crimson Tide fans. You can see the full playoff bracket on our sports blog page today. First round of the playoffs starts Friday, December twentieth. In basketball, the Rockets got to win you or yeah? Last night they beat the Clippers one seventeen to one oh six Jalen Green at thirty one points of the night to lead all players from scoring. They've got a couple of days off now before playing the Warriors on Wednesday night.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports. We beat the Warriors ninety.
Speaker 2: Four or five.
Speaker 1: The bus link at Park Faiths. Come on Rob Ryan Show.
Speaker 4: On this.
Speaker 1: Alex's six picks are on links and guests haven't had a chance to go see them yet are looking forward to it as you get ready for your daughter's first Christmas? Yeah, do you watch the Santa Claus? But herer you you've not watched the Santa clos We did watch like five christ I'd wait, I'd wait on the live action stuff.
Speaker 4: She's not really picking it up anyways, so she's kind of hanging out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I imagined she kind of. She's kind of going along with everything. Elf was on probably four times over the weekend. Nice, Polar Express three. These things are just run on a loop in my house now. They're just not in the back. That's just background. So it's either Christmas music playing on the iHeart app, you know what I mean, you know, listening to Sunny on the weekend. Sure, of course I'm a company guy. But yeah, it's just if you're decorating the Christmas tree, which we did, and some decorating around the house. What are your go to movies? Do you just put movies on in the background. It's Elf, It's Polar Express, Christmas Vacation probably two, three times just in the background.
Speaker 4: This week we watched Home Alone, Dear Santa four. Christmas is eight fake Christmas. I'll be home for Christmas Home Alone two and Christmas with the Banks.
Speaker 2: So we watch Home Alone, Elf Trading Places. Okay, I've never seen that.
Speaker 1: What did you think of it?
Speaker 2: I was, I was in and out, I was and now I was a little sick. It was old, but it was it's still held up.
Speaker 3: Jamie Lee Curtison that showing her bits didn't realize that it was definitely inappropriate, Like, there was definitely some inappropriate words.
Speaker 2: But it's an older movie.
Speaker 1: I wanted to put on four Christmases, but I had the kid all weekend, and I don't think there's no There's a few things in there that probably wouldn't go over well. But what did go over? Okay, but she wasn't into it. Speaking of Vince Vaughan, Fred Klaus is pretty Fred Claus. It's not great, it's really good. It's not great, it's pretty damn good. He's Santa Claus, his brother. Okay, and uh, Paul Giama, who I think is a phenomenal actor. I mean, Vince Vaughan does the best Vince Vaughan ever. Right, It's just in all his movies. Nobody does it. Nobody does a better Vince Vaughan than Vince Vaughan every movie, which I like him though. He's funny, it's good. I mean, it works. It's you know, when you have that thing. I mean, there's a couple of other guys that do that that just they're them in every movie. Jason Bateman comes to mind. Absolutely, Will Aren't Yeah, Okay, Stiffler, Yeah, Stiffler. But Paul GIAMAI there's no demind denying that he's a He's an amazing actor. And he plays Santa Claus. But it's a comedic role for him, and he does he does everything, but he plays Santa Claus Fred Klaus. I don't know if it gets The Rotten Tomatoes was in the twenties. I can tell you that I remember, Oh really, yeah, I don't know. I try and watch that every year.
Speaker 5: I like it.
Speaker 4: That's that's as it's a good concept one that's a kid friendly one.
Speaker 1: Any idea? Can you can you do this real quick? What's the Rotten Tomatoes on four Christmases? I love them? Movie?
Speaker 2: That's pretty good.
Speaker 1: I love that movie. It's better than Fred Claus. But Fred Clause is really good. And I think I've never seen a friend class. It's never been on any list of good Christmas movies. It's it's a utility. What's twenty is What for Christmas is forty seven audience. Wow, it's really good. It's awesome. It's awesome. Fred Claus is really good. One that I talked about it a little bit. I tweeted it actually on Friday. Eight Bit Christmas. I've made that into my rotation.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 1: It's got Neil Patrick Harris, Steve Zon's in it. It's got a bunch of like random celebrities you've seen and I don't know that good. It's about like Neil Patrick.
Speaker 4: It's like Christmas Story, but it's with a Super Nintendo and Neil Patrick Harris wanted a Super Nintendo for Christmas and he's telling his daughter this story.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's really good, and then it makes you cry at.
Speaker 2: The end of Alex.
Speaker 1: It's like Max. Just Friends made an appearance late last week before I had the kid. I haven't watch that. I don't know if I can watch that with London or not. I don't think so, not yet. But Just Friends is just so great. It's so funny, and there's really nothing about the box, the picture of the movie whatever. You would think that Okay, this might be just a rom calm. It's a Christmas movie, definitely. I mean it's an absolute Christmas movie. So I got to have that on in the background. Don't watch holone Home alone this weekend too, Okay, home alone this weekend? Rock London's still afraid of the neighbor. Why wouldn't you be? Yeah, he's super scary, right, very scary. But he could have said something. He could have said something to the kid. Even in the store, he's like, hey, buddy, I'm not gonna hurt you. Before McCaulay culkin steals the toothbrush. He could should have said something like dude, I'm I'm not a scary guy. He looks like he deserves to be treated that way. With the pigeon lady in the second one too, it's like, yeah, he just screamed you do Hey, I'm not gonna do anything. Well listen. Uh maybe this would be a good thing sually, maybe something for Facebook Laterly, what's your playlist of Christmas movies? Yeah, give me your top five? Like, what are your must what are your top five must see Christmas movies? The ones that maybe you roll on in the background. I mean, elf, maybe four or five times maybe five times, maybe five times this weekend. I did want to mention a drum roll please At seven o'clock on Friday are two day Saint Jude Radiothon You guys pledged five hundred and ninety one thousand, three hundred and twenty three dollars. Wow, guys, over a half a million dollars raised in two days. That's awesome between us, you know in Sunny and all of our sister stations and our brother stations, all of that. Just the most generous people I've ever come across in my entire life. They say it all the time when it comes to our charity or any charity. Okay, I just have never seen anything like it, like the city of Houston. And it's just one of those things that doesn't translate to people elsewhere. They just don't know what a gem we are here. You know, it really is unbelievable. Five hundred ninety almost six hundred thousand dollars. That is crazy. Call may how to win the best game in Houston? Who wants it? Okay, Well, listen, I'm going to shift gears and we're gonna get ready for the Texas Hammer Game. So now is when you want to call the Chile seven one three two win, two five nine four five. Get in the queue. I got Papa Roach Rise against tickets. They're playing March twentieth at the Toyota Center. So cole now seven one three two win two five nine four five. Good Luck, Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative and the Rod Ryan Morning Shows ninety four or five the Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show seven twenty one on this MILF Monday. Ten percent chance of rain today partly cloudy hies all the way up to seventy eight and keep the jacket at home today. What's trending?
Speaker 3: All Star outfielder Won Soto is making history. ESPN said he agreed to a record fifteen year, seven hundred and sixty five million dollar contract to join the New York Mets. That makes him the highest paid athlete in the history of professional sports.
Speaker 2: He's twenty six years old.
Speaker 1: Now, Alex would Bregman get a whiff of something like that? But not a whiff of that? What what can Bregman expect to get on.
Speaker 4: The market, Like something close to two hundred maybe really maybe Ashes.
Speaker 1: Give him one to sixty. The Tigers gave him like one to eighty five. Okay, any chance maybe? What are your what are you? What are your thoughts about? On Bregman sticking around? I think he's going to tigers no help?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 1: And what kind of money are they talking? It was like five, so yeah, you're right, it's a biscuit under this seven hundred million she's talking about. Okay, what else?
Speaker 3: Ten years though TikTok's days in America maybe numbered. A federal appeals court on Friday upheld a law mandating the sale or ban of TikTok. The app is arguing that the forced sales of violation of the First Amendment right and may appeal to the Super Court. But that's a big story going around right now. And then the link that everyone is clicking on is the milf Monday. Oh yeah, Alex is six weeks making a climb, but milk Monday still has the most links. That's just trending for five the buzz.
Speaker 1: Schully, I never miss a Monday. Just so you know, this is damn Handler and it's time to play the Texas Hammer game right now with Ron Ryan on ninety Oh, I'm surprised you haven't jumped on this one yet. Is that So it's up Brandy Glanville headlining the Looking at Girls blog page.
Speaker 2: She get a weird surgery or something? Is her face looking weird?
Speaker 1: She's getting corrective surgery to try to fix some parasite. Oh no, it's like jumping around in her face. Oh now you can bet she's going over there now. All right, Texas Hammer Game, what have we giving away?
Speaker 3: I have appeared to get to see Papa Roach and Rise against This is Rise of the Roach Tour twenty twenty five under oath on.
Speaker 2: This bill as well. It's going down at Toyota Center March twentieth.
Speaker 1: Robert, Sorry, I feel like I want to talk to like the Texas Hammer when I played this game, Robert, good morning. How are you doing to that? I'm doing great. Welcome to the Texas Hammer Game. You've heard this before, ye okay, So the great mister Radler is going to spin some lyrics. You're gonna have to tell me the name of the band and the name of the song. Okay, dude, get it, Let's do this together. I'll never let you go if you promise not to fight away. Who's Hugo. What's the name of the band, what's the name of the song Robert uh one man, no idea, I mean either, I don't know this one, have no clue. Good morning, who's this Billy?
Speaker 4: Billy?
Speaker 1: Welcome to the game, Billy. All right, let's listen to these lyrics here. I'm never let you go if you promise not to fight away. It's not a lot of lyrics either, man. Name of the band, name of the song, Billy.
Speaker 12: Starlight by muse it is?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 2: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: We're there? Hey, Billy, you're the winner. Congratulations Texas Urner game. What are you giving them?
Speaker 3: You get the popa Roach and Rise against tickets? Sud I don't know how you guess, sat truly.
Speaker 5: I had a little bit of help from from the girlfriend.
Speaker 1: Oh, girlfriend's helping you out? All right, Well, I guess you're taking her to the Papa Roach Rise against show. I guess I have to, all right, brother, great job today. Thank you to the great Jim Handler.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 1: We're ending out of this one.
Speaker 5: The rod Ryan Show Mornings on the Bus.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five the boys mus Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Thank you to the Texas Hammer letting us play that game each and every Monday morning. I still love it, so Puppa Roach Rise against Toyota Center will be giving those tickets away all week. We already gave away some great things today on the show, What a Game Adam the Cop the other White Meat White Rodney they played today. White Rodney was the very first person in the Fresh out of Bad Head to Head Hall of Fame this year, so they squared off this morning already. Alex will have that podcast up usually Ronde eight o'clock or so right about eight o'clock. If you missed the Fresh out of bed Hit two Head Challenge, you gotta get up man, every single and tomorrow. Tomorrow is like a super heavyweight champion chip match. Why's the carpet Wet Todd, Corey the Goat Hunter? Both guys have won it all? Corey's won it twice. He's him and Josh the Gota the only two time champions to win it all. But why is the carpet wet Todd has won the whole thing before the fact that those two guys are squaring off from the first round of the brackets, I believe why is the carpet wet Todd b Goat Hunter to win his Oh my god, I mean the storylines are crazy. Tomorrow six twenty, make sure you're up with us ten percent chance of rain today partly cloudy highs of around seventy eight. I think about this all the time. I told you guys, I got all my old baseball cards from when I was a little kid. Uh huh. You know, sometimes I need to read these articles. There are some collectible items you can stop collecting. Baseball cards are on here. Now you're like, well, wait a minute, rob, baseball cards are worth a lot of money. Yeah. If you got Mickey Mantle and Babe Ruth and Ty Cobb, great, if you got my cards from the eighties, yeah, I don't know. But here's what the difference is. Back when I was a kid collecting cards, I bought the book, and the book meeting like what they're worth, and then you just kind of iballed it and said, Okay, well you know I got this George Brett here, last man hit three ninety. I believe, well, maybe someone else beat that afterwards, but back in when I was a kid, he hit three ninety. Okay, nobody did since Ted Williams. That card was like my biggest card. I think it was maybe worth like sixty dollars At one point all of them was the last time you saw baseball cards. But they come in these little plastic sleeves and then they get sent out to like the Franklin Mint, to be graded, and they look at every single corner. They look at every single imperfection of the card. We used to eyeball that stuff when we were kids and we were trade cards, and now it's such a science that if you don't have Ty Cobb. I think all my cards are basically useless, useless. I think everything. I don't think anybody cares about Mike Schmidt, you know, I don't think anyone cares. I'm Reggie Jackson, like he was my idol when I was a little kid. I have a ton of Reggie Jackson's. It's like Michael Jordan cards.
Speaker 4: The Rookie card probably worth something, but so many people had Michael Jordan cards.
Speaker 1: It was the Ken Griffy Junior card. There's a key card.
Speaker 5: I have it.
Speaker 1: There's a documentary on it when they thought that it was like Beanie Babies, that it was a limited card and it was really hard to get. And then they've got behind the scenes footage of them just printing out sheets and sheets and sheets. After they realized that everybody wanted it, it was either Flear or Don Russ, it wasn't tops. Yeah, and that was their biggest card. They're like, we got to get this out there. So they kept putting it out there, and they just I mean, I think if you have cards from the eighties like me, I don't think you're sitting on much, you know. So all right, So those are the collector's items that you could stop. These are the collector's items you could stop collecting beanie babies. I think everybody knows that. Uh huh, what is the one? If you have the Princess Diana one, maybe no clue. I think that's the one. People were saving these things thinking that this was going to put their kids in college and retirement. That's how people were hoarding beating babies crazy. I think for some reason, I know something about the Princess Diana beanie baby. It might be the Babe Ruth you know, or the ty Cob or the Wholeness Wagner of beanie babies. All of them, nearly all of them are worth under twenty bucks. Okay, you can find lots of them on eBay. Whole lots l ots, not a lot, lots of them for next to nothing. Now, if you're collecting vinyl records, outside of being the heaviest thing on the planet, you might as well collect cinderblocks. If anybody that's ever moved CDs, Yeah, but records something about albums or they're just heavy. I know people like to collect them. You're just just collect those for yourself, though. You're not gonna get rich on any of them, yeah, you know, unless you have some rare old Beatles ones maybe, but yeah, I don't know if they look at the I'm sure they look at the condition and all of those as well. If you want to collect them for yourself, great, But again, my kid's not gonna want My kid's not gonna want London doesn't want any of this crap. I know she's not gonna want them. My toy trains, what are you gonna do with it? I don't know. It's gonna end up going in a dumpster. It's gonna be that one eight hundred junk guy that's on TV all the time. You want junk to disappear? Yeah, sure, pets dispensers. Oh, I have one friend that collected pen pet dispensers back in the day again with that beanie baby mentality. The good ones self for a buck or two, that's it. It's just a personal collection to get rich on any stuff.
Speaker 4: We're getting rich off of those. I thought that that was like a bobble like I just like these, these are cool.
Speaker 1: There was some early ones. There was I don't know when it was. There was this golden age of collecting, and it seemed like everybody like beanie babies. When beanie babies were hot. It was probably like the Internet was like really big. It seems like everything was hot. Everyone else had it. Yeah, collection of sorts, POGs, people were collecting POGs.
Speaker 2: Small moment, okayogs for me, there was a moment we had.
Speaker 4: POGs banned in Okay because we were playing it too much.
Speaker 1: All the none of are worth the cost of shipping anymore. Okay, probably not Pokemon cards, hanging up Pokemon cars. There are some, but very few. Again, holographic charis are if you have if you have the Babe Ruth Charmander, then maybe that one started any new books kind of you're in the same You're in the same boat as me. With the eighties baseball cards, it's all about the super duper vintage ones, and they got to be in wicked awesome shape. Cabbage patch dolls. If they're in mint condition in the box, you may get a couple of bucks for them. If they've been played with next to nothing.
Speaker 2: That's I don't know. Having so many of those dolls in like a room that freaks me out. Okay, it's weird to me.
Speaker 1: Porcelain dolls are the freakiest thing ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's weird that dolls.
Speaker 1: No, the porcelain dolls when they get the chipped faces and those clothes become all tattered and discolored and the faces look all vintagey. Porcelain dolls are maybe the most terrifying thing out there.
Speaker 2: I never wanted dolls because my older cousins told me like this.
Speaker 3: Dolls started talking to them in the middle of the night, and that freaked me out. I told my mom, don't get me any dolls, Okay, don't want.
Speaker 1: Them VHS tapes and DVDs. They're worthless. They are worthless. Okay, there's just a million of them out there. I remember my mom back in her garage sale days, like she had him out there for like three bucks apiece, and like people were asking, like I'll give you a dollar for this. My mom like, get out of here, get off my property. He's gonna make a comeback. I'm a like, turn me my money three dollars and they're trying to like whittle me down here. She's like, get off by property. And then finally on this list, which is kind of funny, vintage Playboy magazines. I mean against nobody wants your dad's old used playboys. Okay, I mean that's it's bros. But there's people hanging on to this stuff. So I mean, listen, this segment was for me is just as much as anyone that's listening right now. Maybe it's time to get rid of some of this stuff.
Speaker 5: The Rod Ryan Show on ninety four five, the bus.
Speaker 1: It's bad omens on ninety four or five, The bus It's called just pretend. They gave off.
Speaker 3: Mirror Lake vibes Chili and I Chili said that the first time, and I was like, that's exactly what I was thinking.
Speaker 1: Good call on that. That does sound like mirror, like a little like mirror. Like good morning everybody. I hope you're off fee great start to your day. Thank you for hanging with us. I got some ghost tickets for you. Next hour, we're gonna get back to some Monster Jam tickets. In the nine o'clock hour, partner Claude's Guy's only a temper cent chance of rain highs of around seventy eight. Sarah says, Rod, I got a confession to make. I still cannot get myself to let my five year old twins play with my beanie babies. They want to play with them so bad. I think my mental block tells me they have to stay in mint condition. I understand that. I get that, Sarah. I don't think there's gonna be a comeback though.
Speaker 2: Let the kids play. Experience I had.
Speaker 1: I had some Christmas sets from years ago, and it was kind of like the year before Santa Claus and blah blah blah, some of these ranking and bass things. They put out all of these toys and I had them like in the in the boxes and there's that little crazy car that Gene Autry or whatever the hell his name is, or fred A Stare who opens that one. He's like the mailman and he starts telling the story. I had all these things, but they were they weren't opened, and about two years ago. I just said, you know what, if a lot of them wants to play with these, play with them. I open them all up. I look online. They're selling for like two three hundred dollars. No, I'm like, I don't care. I'm not gonna go through what am I gonna have some wing nuts come through my house. I'm not like chipping on e Bay. I'm not doing that. Like so, I just think the hes toy truck was a big thing for a while. Yeah, I think so. And I'm sure there's somebody that bought an extra one and put it away. And you know, I just opened it up. I said, go ahead, play with it. She's playing it with it for two minutes, breaks the front, ski off of it. I'm like, Jesus age Rice, not no long've been holding on on this thing.
Speaker 4: Kid?
Speaker 1: Break it in two minutes? Yeah, all right, Well, good luck, Sarah. Let the kids play with the peenie baby. It might be it might be therapeutic, you know, or yeah, I could be costing you one more generation than I could be costing you fives and tens of dollars. Houston's rocking Alternatives The.
Speaker 5: Rod Ray Morning Show six to ten AM. Ninety four or five Buzz.
Speaker 13: Come on.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five Buzz. March twentieth, Rise Against Poppa Roach, Rise of the Roach Tour. We announced on this show we have we gave away some tickets this past hour. That show's going down with the Toyota Center. Tickets are on sale now at Toyota Center dot com. The show is again March twentieth. Ten percent. Chances are ring partly cloudy high of seventy eight. I have ghost tickets for you playing in August. I know it's still wild to me giving away tickets this early and announcing shows this early. Ghost to August sixteenth, Toyota Center. Well, let tickets closer to around age twenty. HI have seventy eight degrees today?
Speaker 5: Is that right?
Speaker 1: It is right? Low? Chances are ring partly Cloudy's guys? What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 3: President elect Trump laid out his plans in his first network interview since his election win. He said he can't guarantee anything, but as for the first issues he's going to tackle, here's what's on. As agenda, Trump says he'll work to extend the tax cuts passing his first term. He says he won't seek to impose restrictions on abortion pills. He does plan to deport millions of undocumented immigrants. He will try to end birthright citizenship. He will pardon the January sixth riders that will happen on day one.
Speaker 2: Trump also said he will not raise.
Speaker 3: The age for government programs like Social Security and Medicare, and he will not make cuts to them. So that's kind of a big headline everyone's talking about.
Speaker 2: Also, today's supposed to be the Ron reveal.
Speaker 3: Remember that elaborate parody Houston based energy company Enron was an American corporate fraud when it went bankrupt in two thousand and one. If this return is going to be like something funny or of prank, the employees that lost everything in their collapse, I mean that's this is not a punch Like they are not a punchline.
Speaker 1: Right, Twenty five thousand people lost their jobs, right, and you're like, Okay, they lost their job, they're over it. All your retirement and everything that you were putting into things to save up for everything went away. You lost everything. You lost your job and everything that you had invested. Right.
Speaker 3: But if you want to talk about so Enron is like whoo, who we are, and it's like, let's talk. I'm at Enron dot com and that countdown clock that they have going, Alex, it's less than three minutes away, so we'll be monitoring this.
Speaker 2: Maybe while you're in sports. I might have to interrupt you a little bit and see.
Speaker 3: What's going on there. Okay, so we'll be talking about ed Ron once at countdown clock. We'll try to figure out get to the bottom of it. Dude in Florida decorated for Christmas and put a twenty foot tall version of the leg lamp from a Christmas story in his front yard.
Speaker 2: It's in Neptune Bleat Beach. It's twenty foot It's twenty feet tall. You can't miss it. It's four hundred and twenty percent bigger than the one in the movie.
Speaker 3: He used golf netting, like for the fishnet stalking, because that leg has, you know, a fish net on it. He's also got a statue of Ralphie in his pink bunny suit hugging the lamp.
Speaker 2: And yes, it all lights up at night.
Speaker 1: So we had this improvptu conversation. I didn't know Alex was coming in with a list of all the movies that were running in the background at his house. I talked about all the movies on. I cannot bring myself to turn on a Christmas story until Christmas Day. Really, Yeah, Elf runs l four or five times, you know, I said, Christmas Vacation, Polar Express, This one cannot play in my house.
Speaker 2: It's very associated with Christmas Day.
Speaker 1: It's got to be on that day. It's got to be on it or after is fine, but it's got to be on that day.
Speaker 2: I see, I see.
Speaker 3: In more serious news, jay Z is being accused in a civil lawsuit of the sexual assault of a thirteen year old girl back in two thousand, allegedly along with Sean Diddy Combs. The accuser said the assault took place after she was driven to an MTV video of Music Awards after party. Now, the law suit was originally filed back in October against Combs, but was refiled Sunday yesterday to include jay Z and who filed it well, none other than Houston attorney Tony Buzby. So in a statement, jay Z denies the allegations and says his law was sent a blackmail attempt in an effort to settle out of court. He went on to challenge the accuser to file the complaint in criminal court, saying allegations were so heinous in nature that if they were true, they deserve criminal prosecution, not civil litigation. Well, you have Tony Busby firing back at jay Z. You can read that full statement on our blog page.
Speaker 2: It's all in the music blog page.
Speaker 1: I mean it.
Speaker 2: Actually it might have its own link, does Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's on its own link. That's a huge story right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, the Village People are fighting. If you haven't been paying attention.
Speaker 3: Victor Willis, who's the group's cop, lead singer, he plays the cop in the YMCA.
Speaker 1: This also has its own story, own blog page. Not quite as big as story, but it does have its own blog page, So go ahead continue.
Speaker 2: Okay, So he's a lead singer.
Speaker 3: Victor Willis is a lead singer and songwriter, and he's been championing Donald Trump's use of YMCA at the rally. The cop right, okay, Well, the guy who was a construction worker, his name's David Hodo, and he says that YMCA was like that, that he and Jacuise Morale, who created the guy who created the Village People, that they wrote the hook and that.
Speaker 2: They're in charge of it, so they're fighting back and forth.
Speaker 1: That was a construction worker feel. And there was that the army guy who was Native America. The Native American guy, sure was he even Native American? Problematic? You don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know. You guys can go. You can go check out the beef between the village people. I'm gonna go back to the Enron countdown clock. Those are in Houston Headlines.
Speaker 1: Where the Village People documentary. I'd like to watch that. Watch that. Yeah, what the heck was going on? I wouldn't watch it, but I listen to you guys tell me what happened in it. Okay, I would watch Ron's Clock at eight o'clock.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did what I just restarted? Now now it says twenty eight days.
Speaker 1: Oh, come on, we're just so getting trolled. What you got, well tags you want to buy? So they did not play yesterday.
Speaker 4: On Monday Night Football, we got Mike and Parsons and the Cowboys hosting Joe Burr and their Bengals kick off for that's at seven fifteen.
Speaker 1: You can watch it on ESPN and can't wait to see what Joe Burrow is wearing before the game.
Speaker 2: Me too.
Speaker 1: I do think it's silly. I can't imagine. Like it's one thing I get when you're walking into the game and you're really working on your fit, you're trying to look good. When you lose, you're gonna walk out in that stupid outfit. Yeah, you have to have like a losing outfit where it's just like sweats.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like you don't leave like when Cam Newton would do that, and it's like, dude, you look like the Riddler, don't have to answer questions and you just got blown out thirty one ten. You'll like a loser. But hopefully Joe Burrow does not walk out with a loser tonight. That's seven fifteen. You can watch her an ESPN. In college football, the playoff bracket was released yesterday. Top four seeds are Oregon, Georgia, Boise State in Arizona State, Texas is the fifth seed after losing Georgia in the SEC championship game. They're gonna play number twelve Clemson in the first round. SMU also stuck into the playoff after losing to Clemson in the ACC title game Saturdays. They're getting in means that Alabama was left out and a lot of Crimson Tide fans were not happy about that. The first round of the playoffs starts Friday, December twentieth. You can go see the full bracket on our sports blog page Today. In basketball, Rockets got to win last night. They beat the Clippers one seventeen to one oh six. They've now got a couple days off before playing the Warriors on Wednesday night.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports, Rock and alternative fair hues to The Rod Ryan.
Speaker 5: Morning Show six to ten AM, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Hey four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Nirvana Lithium. Halfway point of the show, paper eight oh eight Parking Claudis Guys ten percent chanceer rain highs up around seventy eight tests of the countdown clock for run that we had mentioned last week was counting down to eight o'clock our time. Yes, what happened at eight o'clock our time? Did the clock really just like Lincoln Park us and add more time?
Speaker 3: Basically, so now the clock is at twenty eight days and twenty three hours. They are there's an option.
Speaker 2: To put in your email.
Speaker 3: There's apparently going to be an Enron Power summit that will take place on.
Speaker 2: January sixth, twenty twenty five, and we're all invited.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's now and see who the CEO is And I guess they're board of directors.
Speaker 1: And are they real people? I mean, is it like mister Beast and Jake Paul.
Speaker 3: And I mean they are Connor Gatos, Megan Redinofuel Long.
Speaker 2: I have no idea.
Speaker 1: So people will go in and they will go investigate these people to see if this thing's for real.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they are are media inquiries, so press it and roun dot com. You want me to email them say, hey, what are you guys really doing?
Speaker 2: It's weird. Why did you restart the clock?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 1: Who's if you're gonna email them from you, are you going to do with the hawk to a podcast? They're gonna email you back? Are you going to see it? Yeah? Are they gonna put it in with your text messages?
Speaker 2: Well, I'll see it. But if it's not an answer I like, I won't respond.
Speaker 1: I guess email. I'm gonna say, hey, listen, I'm a big deal here in the local media. I'd like to know what's going on with a once beloved company here in Houston. Two thousand and one is when that all went down. I have heard from people. I've not heard from anybody directly that worked there. I've heard from people it's kind of like Gillies. Everybody's got that one crazy aunt, yeah, or their crazy great aunt, like their grandmother's wild sister that worked at Gillies. I've never talked to anybody that worked at Gillies. I just it's always been one of those.
Speaker 2: Like I choose someone who knew someone.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Ever, there's a lot of people that had a wild aunt like that one ant that like was a wild card at Christmas time and all their kids were wild they worked at Gillies. I never spoke with anybody that worked at Enron, just people who had an aunt, not even like a mom or a dad, because that would really you can get a first hand, you know, if somebody's parents worked there, you would really know what the heck they were going through. Did they lose everything that they lose, your whole inheritance or anything that they were saving up. That's why people don't want to make jokes about it, because here it's a punchline. It was a punchline everywhere for the longest time, not to the twenty five thousand people that lost their jobs. So do you say anything is merch still open? Do you buy Ron T shirts? Because they were taking credit cards. They were taking credit cards for water bottles and T shirts and sweatshirts and chotchkes.
Speaker 3: There's an employee portal now you can explore career opportunities.
Speaker 2: I don't know, it's weird.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's something that's not just a local story here everyone. That's something that kind of was all over the place. It's like all Ron. They might not know, and I would guess that most people don't even know that it was here in Houston. If if you ask somebody in Kansas City this morning about Enron, but they will tell you, if they're at least old enough, they'll tell you. Oh yeah, I remember. There was something that went on with that, some kind of scammy thing. A lot of people lost their jobs. People went to jail. Was there a Jeff Skilling? Was that a name? Wasn't he like the main dude? Probably ken Lay went to jail. Jeff's Skilling? Jeff Skilling I think died before he went to jail. Ken Lay actually went to jail. Those were like the two big names that I remember named after Canada. Uh yeah, ken Lay was He was the understudy of the Native American, so when the Native American could perform, ken Lay would pop up there makes sense and do the y m c A. All right, let me take a short break on the flip, got a rec check for you, A big nothing burger with the end run.
Speaker 2: Thing seems like it seems like it right, Yeah, don't don't.
Speaker 1: Countdown clock my countdown clock. Lincoln parked at that, and I'm like, iuriated. They infuriated me with that. What tickets You to have a big announcement eventually, but you're taking the time to we're taking the time to talk about this damn countdown clock. And then when we get there, they're like, I'm a flip gonna rec check for you. We'll find out what's trending. We'll get you some ghost tickets. Stay there.
Speaker 5: Rock and Alternative US The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten.
Speaker 1: Am, natty four or five, The Buzz Welcome back rod Ryan Show. Got some great tickets coming your way. Just a little bit. We chance to ring today, twenty percent chance today. Partly Clauda Skuy's highs up around seventy eight. Man, I thought this Enron thing that was going to be your first trend. Here's what happened at eight o'clock and nothing with the Enron countdown clock.
Speaker 3: It seems like they're trying to make a brand new company where like the culture is different, and then there's I don't know if they're trying to piggyback on the Enron name. They're gonna have some sort of summit on January sixth, but beyond that, I mean, it's not really like huge breaking news.
Speaker 2: It's a you know, old company with an old name. The name has history.
Speaker 1: I really thought it was just going to be a T shirt company, to be honest with you, controlling, and they're getting exactly what they want right now. But they're talking about it, talking about it even more. I don't think they so twenty eight days of this waiting for another one? Yes, okay, I'm not going.
Speaker 2: To talk about it till twenty eight more days out.
Speaker 1: All right? What else would you put? Is that a folder that you have? Did you put Kelsey's in that folder for twenty eight days?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Would you put tea for twenty What else can you? I mean? Is there a folder that you keep from things that you're holding for twenty eight days.
Speaker 2: No, there's no fog.
Speaker 3: No there's no records. Paris Jackson is getting engaged. Her and her boyfriend Justin Long are going to tie the knot.
Speaker 2: So she posted that on Instagram.
Speaker 1: What uh huh?
Speaker 2: Yeah she he?
Speaker 1: I mean, did he look like a model.
Speaker 2: No, she looks like a model. He's a model. They are a beautiful couple. They really really they're like really pretty.
Speaker 1: Wait wait wait is Justin Long super handsome?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 2: Yeah? The not this, this is Justin Long.
Speaker 5: This is him.
Speaker 2: He looks like like a hot fobbio. I don't know how to say.
Speaker 1: Oh, I thought, what who am I actor? Yeah? I was thinking it was the actor Justin Long. He's not hot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this guy looks good. This guy looks good. What else?
Speaker 3: Oh, the Time magazine they've released its Person of the Year shortlist. So you have Kamala, Harris, Kate Middleton, Elon Musk, Benjamin Netan, Yahoo, Jerome Pal, Joe Rogan, Claudia Shinebomb, Donald Trump, Mark Zuckerberger.
Speaker 2: And Yulia Novanala.
Speaker 3: She he's a widow, yeah something like that. She's a widow of the late Russian opposition leader. So yeah, that's What's trending on ninety four.
Speaker 2: Five The Bus.
Speaker 1: Al Right, what do you have to give away?
Speaker 3: I have a pair of tickets to see a Ghost at the Toyota Center. The tickets are on sale now at Toyota Center dot com.
Speaker 2: The show's August sixteenth.
Speaker 1: Right seven, five, nine, four five, if you want them. The rod Ryan Show, Good Mornings on ninety four five The Bus, ninety four five The Bus, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, Good Morning. I got a listener that went out of a date from hell.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 1: I emailed her back. I emailed him back, So, Alex, this is you like, this is why I got married, this is what's out there, this is what's happening. This is what you don't want in your life. I can't. I emailed him back, and I said, okay, so what can I and cannot say? I go, I want to go on the air with this.
Speaker 4: I go.
Speaker 1: Can I talk about this? Yeah? He's like, no names, don't mention. He told me a couple things about to mention.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, I'm ready to hear about it.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, Hey, party Claudi's Guy's ten percent chance of rain high seventy eight. Okay, before I read this email. You gotta give us some tickets here.
Speaker 2: Okay, hurry into the phone.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Ron, Ryan Show, Good morning, Hello. Who's this rid Stephen? Hi Stephen? How are you?
Speaker 13: I'm going pretty game?
Speaker 1: Man? How are y'all ThisDay doing great? You know, I didn't know this, but everybody had like Christmas movies playing on in the background this weekend, all of us that we're talking on the air. Do you watch any Christmas movies this weekend? Stephen?
Speaker 12: So you go, I can't hear.
Speaker 1: Oh, there you go. I'm sorry the music was on. Did you watch any Christmas movies anything on in the background? Or did you sit down and watch a Christmas movie this weekend? Christmas Story all the time? All day? Wow? So you don't wait for Christmas Day for that? You put on a Christmas Story early?
Speaker 7: I do?
Speaker 13: I even I think Thanksgiving to head it on and I was watching it.
Speaker 1: I can't do it. I can't do it. That's the one that I really want to wait and wait for Christmas Day for that one. Other than that, I think we watched everything else. Hey, dude, you're the tenth callor congratulations. That is awesome.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: Oh that's so cool. What are you giving this guy?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna give you the ghost to kids and Toyota Center. Congratulations, I beck y'all, guy, I appreciate y'all.
Speaker 1: Man, I appreciate you. Merry Christmas, sir, Merry Christmas, y'all, thank you. I'm gonna start busting that out to everybody now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Merry Christmas.
Speaker 1: Merry Christmas. Do you back at you with your spirit? Dude one on a date this weekend? All right? The only thing that he gave me he edited a few things out. I said, Bro, I want to go in the air with this. I've been cultivating. I've been cultivating this for an hour now with this guy, going back and forth and trying to keep this to myself. He finally gave me the red light or the green light to go with it. No names. I wanted the app that he met a ron. He didn't want to give that up at first. It was Tinder. Okay, here's the edited version of what he said. I could read to you on the air. Okay, what do you want to call him? I do not guess his name. Okay, it's not Doug. Let's call him Doug. We can call him Doug. It's not even close to his name, brother Rod. This is Doug. It's not really Dug. I went out of date over the weekend with this girl I met on Tinder. He gave me the app. I was super excited until I saw how she carried herself in the bar that we went to. He would not tell me the bar. It was here in Houston. Well, at first he did tell me the bar, and he said, don't say the.
Speaker 2: Bar, Like, okay, what area of Houston.
Speaker 1: I'm not I'm not portraying Doug, which is not.
Speaker 2: His name, all right, So they're at the bar.
Speaker 1: So she he was exciting bar until he saw how she carried herself at the bar that we went to, Like, what do you mean in the course of an hour? It's not a very long time.
Speaker 2: Tik tik tik tik tik tick you mean power hour for her?
Speaker 1: In the course of an hour, she almost got into a fight with another girl who said cut in front of her at the bar. Okay, half jokingly offered to flash the bartender for a free drink, made a racial comment, and ordered us six shots on my tab. In hindsight, I should have just told her that the night was over for me and taken her home instead. I went to the bathroom, I walked out of the bar and then blocked her. I don't know how she got home. I feel bad about it. This was the date from hell.
Speaker 2: She's a girl with uber.
Speaker 14: Okay, I'm not this is I think this is great. This is what we call a learning lesson. We call this a learning life.
Speaker 2: That's not a date, buddy, you went on a learning lesson.
Speaker 1: It's better that you learned then then.
Speaker 2: An that's wild, that's a lot.
Speaker 1: That's a lot review. Let's review almost gets into a fight with a chick fight okay, said that the girl cut in front of her one he said half jokingly offered to flash the bartender for a free drink, which means she really did off too. Made a racial comment that he didn't appreciate S three three ordered while his card was up. Six shots for the two of them, Jesus, six shots. Like we're just gonna sit here and rifle off three shots, apiece.
Speaker 2: I have a headache, just you know.
Speaker 1: He's like, I've had this is an hour. This is in the first one. Would hour two have wrong?
Speaker 2: He doesn't know what we call him.
Speaker 1: Doug dog Doug Doug. Okay, you cool with Doug just leaving?
Speaker 2: I am so beyond cool with stead.
Speaker 1: I'm going to the bathroom and then charge that crazy Now wait a minute, hang on what he email him back? What happens with that credit card?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: He probably closed it?
Speaker 1: Oh wait wait wait, so most places are out giving it back to you. But if if he doesn't signal to that bartender and she's there, she could still order some drinks on that tab, and that's on.
Speaker 4: You and walking out exactly at that point, you got to be a man and be like, hey, I'm gonna bounce like you're gonna take the hicko on where I thought it was gonna go.
Speaker 1: How much? How much more could she drink? I really.
Speaker 2: Shorted six shots between both of them.
Speaker 4: She's there to party, got so mad, she's gonna just do it out of spite no matter what either.
Speaker 1: She's not gonna drink all that.
Speaker 5: For the bar.
Speaker 1: She hit the bartender a one hundred thousand dollars probably, so maybe she throws another one hundred a hondo on that tab just to get a bound.
Speaker 2: Closed. He has to have it closed. You don't just bounce out like you leaving your card at the bar. That's it was.
Speaker 1: Here's what leads me to think that that's bad. It's certainly open because the six shots were ordered. His card was open, whether it's in in his pocket or not. I hope, because you couldn't can't leave if you know that your card is up there. I've left my card at a bar before. I can't stand people that hang out of your card. Still, can we get? Can that be something that maybe get in this new administration? I forget? Can that be a thing like you can't hold on the cards anymore?
Speaker 2: Wipe and give it back.
Speaker 4: I like the system of card not in wallet. I need to pay if I have the card back in my wallet.
Speaker 1: I forget. I've had a couple of cras. Then walk a frame. The next day, you're calling the bar you want to open.
Speaker 2: What if he ordered it and then like closed it? Like what if they were ordering per round and he just closed.
Speaker 1: It's just six shots? You might be, yeah, don't we go ahead? Close that out? There's a lot of drinks.
Speaker 2: I hope he had.
Speaker 1: I'll ask him what he did. I'll ask him what he did if he had the card on him, and if there were extra charges six shots as well? Well, okay, so Chica, you're good. I'm he can leave, he can leave her there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this isn't like the olden days when you only like how you got there is how you would leave right, So, like you're not responsible for her in the day of uber and lyft and her acting crazy and saying racist stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, was she crazy or was she spicy? That's a new thing. Though, I'm not crazy. I'm spicy.
Speaker 2: It's the same thing.
Speaker 3: It's not spicy to be like racial comments, like, that's not spicy, dog Like that's racist.
Speaker 2: She just says it like she's like my grandpa. She doesn't know better.
Speaker 1: Some call that unfiltered.
Speaker 2: Okay, whatever you want to call it.
Speaker 1: Hey, good luck, good Like all right, he's completely.
Speaker 2: He's out.
Speaker 1: You walk out on that because you don't want to drive that home either, You don't even drive her home. Well no, yeah, that's insane. How many dates have you walked out? Have you ever done this? Oh? Yeah, you left somebody at a bar, like I mean literally, I'm going to the bathroom and then out the door, out the back door. Somebody that just makes a decision and goes to that.
Speaker 3: At a point, I've met someone and gone to like a second place with them.
Speaker 2: And then like abandon them at the second place.
Speaker 1: No word, no, nothing, you're done. You don't say I'm leaving you.
Speaker 3: Oh Like there was like maybe a vibe there and then like, hey, we're actually going around the corner of this other place you want to go, let's go, and then we go and then I you know, and then it's like weird or they're just like not vibing or they say something weird and I'm like, Okay, no I'm not We're not going to a third place together.
Speaker 1: So you don't meet him at the place, but you're not with that person. Like are you literally have you ever get out the back door type of like this situation get a sneak out.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I've never done that. I've never done that. Wow, how about Doug? How about him? How about Doug? That's a fun story. Yeah, I've been sitting on this in seven thirty. Oh man, I'll never do that again.
Speaker 2: You lead with that next time than the run countdown.
Speaker 1: We all approve of your actions there, Doug. If that's your name, it's not ninety four or five. The Buzz, Good Morning, Rob Ryan Show, Lincoln Park the emptiness Machine. Baby Rock emailed and said, you know if he had. If we're calling the guy Doug that sent the email about the date from hell, he goes, think of the driving scene in the Forty year Old Virgin where Steve Carell is driving and she pukes up the shellfish all over him. Yeah, I was in French too.
Speaker 2: She plays that role, so, yeah, she's hilarious.
Speaker 1: The dude that made the movie that's his wife. Yeah, puts her in all the movies. Yeah, Joan Appatow's wife dating horror stories. You can use my name. I don't care. It's Kyle. Well, she's happily married.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: He didn't marry this gal. He said, you can use my name if you want. My story is not as cool as the one you told on the air. He agrees with what Doug did. He goes, I had a date at the Heights Beer Garden six years ago. I watched her trying to back her car in like four times. Then I had to do it for her. Then we get a drink and she asked me what my credit score was. Five minutes into the date. This was off of bumble. I finished the date. She called me the next night drunk told me the same five stories from the night before. We did not speak after that. Now I'm married with a daughter who turned one last week. Kyle and Richmond, for you, I could, I could just I'm addicting to listening to like terrible dating stories. Yeah, they are pretty entertaining. I mean, it is a gift pleasure of mine. It absolutely sucks when you're on a p point. Everybody love it hearing about it. I don't know my credit I do well, okay, I know my credit score. I know my credit score.
Speaker 2: I don't hate. I don't mind that question.
Speaker 1: But but different the first date, I don't mind. What does it mean?
Speaker 2: I don't know that you pay your bills on time?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, it doesn't mean that you have money no, okay, but it's just the show responsibility.
Speaker 2: I think it's Yeah, I don't think it's like an offensive question, like.
Speaker 3: If you want to talk about, you know, finances, some people like talking about finances like gross, Yeah.
Speaker 2: But those like that's those aren't your people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, then I just get up and walk away. So, uh, what do you bench?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 2: See there you go different towards numbers.
Speaker 1: I just wonder what's squad? Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I don't think anything better. Just those are definitely not your people. Like if that question bothers you, like, good, good on him. He doesn't have to deal with that.
Speaker 3: Rally girl said, I pulled the I'm going to the bathroom and left on at least six guys.
Speaker 2: It was very necessary.
Speaker 1: Times and at many times, oh my.
Speaker 2: God, just rolling on the floor laughing.
Speaker 1: All right, well, I appreciate all your input and all your personal stories, guys, Rocky and Alter.
Speaker 5: Very soon The Rod Ryan Morning Show. I'm six to ten am, four.
Speaker 1: Five buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. On a milk Monday, Alex has the six picks. They're challenging the milk right now for the number of clicks hold morning on LinkedIn. Yes, my picture of my kid. Guys, Okay, she's some some pussy.
Speaker 4: She is.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm gonna go. I'm gonna use I'm gonna go check out your picks. I promise I'm going to go check those out very very soon. Ten percent chance of right partner Cloudy Today of around seventy eight, Tessa has one final time Houston's Headlights.
Speaker 3: Jay Z is being accused in a civil lawsuit of the sexual assault of a thirteen year old girl in two thousand, allegedly along with Sean Diddy Combs. The accuser said the assault took place after she was driven to an MTV Video Music Awards after party. The lawsuit was originally filed back in October against Combes, but was refiled on Sunday to include Jay Z, who filed that no other than attorney Houston Buzzbeam.
Speaker 2: The search continues for evidence.
Speaker 3: In the shooting death of United Healthcare CEO Brian Thompson. NYPD dive cruise were back in Central Park on Sunday, searching upond. Police have yet to recover the gun used in last Wednesday shooting in Manhattan, and they haven't identified the suspect. A backpacking to the shooter was found on Friday and is currently being analyzed at a lab in Queens. A disturbing number of singles hope to hook up in their childhood bed this month. Over a half of single people who are heading home this month will go for it if the opportunity arise.
Speaker 1: And no, seriously, well.
Speaker 3: No, I can't think of anything that like, like, I can't think of a bigger turn off than like my old house, like my old room, right by my dad's room, Like, what the.
Speaker 1: Hell my old room? I mean, obviously the room is still there in the basement of my mom's house, but it's not a room anymore. I mean it's not there's no bad I wouldn't be able to recreate anything and no magical space.
Speaker 2: Maybe you go put like a blanket or what if the opportunity you got, you know, arises, it.
Speaker 1: Would be awesome from my waterbed was still down there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, check it out, sick, check it out.
Speaker 1: It'd be frozen. I just like, sit down on a block of ice. Come over here.
Speaker 3: Twenty nine percent of people expect to see or hear from an ex while they're home for the holidays. You ever run into the Xes or anything like that, I mean it's not north Tonawanda.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, are they like Mary?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the grocery store. I did, Yeah a couple of years.
Speaker 2: Ago, okay, or oh my god.
Speaker 3: Twenty nine also say they've hooked up with someone during the holidays and regret in.
Speaker 1: It cheated on me? How could she should cheat?
Speaker 5: It?
Speaker 2: Could anyone?
Speaker 1: How could anyone? Would you cheat on this?
Speaker 2: Exactly?
Speaker 1: I had a full head of hair. I was kicking an ass back then. I got cheated on.
Speaker 2: Even hair can't buy good loyalty.
Speaker 1: I should have told her my thoughts. Okay, No, I gave her hugs so good to see you. I didn't mean it. Excuse me?
Speaker 2: What was your name? Yeah, I'm sorry, I'm rod Ran. I heard you you have a show, big show.
Speaker 1: Didn't mean much at that Wegmans at the time, But yeah, I probably should have pulled off.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about Santa Claus because tons of actors have played the Great Santa in the movies, but who played him the best? According to a new list, the answer is Tim Allen. The Santa Claus was movie that came out in nineteen ninety four, and according to this poll, he is the number one.
Speaker 2: He is one out of ten top Santas on film.
Speaker 1: Billy Bob Thornton make the list because he wasn't Santa Claus. He played somebody that played Santa Claus.
Speaker 2: Bad Santa.
Speaker 1: Does that count? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Bad Tanna came out in two thousand and three and it's on this list at number nine.
Speaker 1: Bad at it? I mean, but I think if you're looking for best Santa Claus is, you don't have to really be Santa Claus. You could be nobody portraying Shan not on himself. I'm not saying he's the greatest Santa Claus of all time, but he's on the top ten list. I'm glad they allowed him in there.
Speaker 3: Tom Hanks and The Polar Express kind of weird. That's that's I thought he was playing a train conductor.
Speaker 1: Oh, mind blown. He plays everybody, every adult, Every adult is Tom Hanks. That yeah, like wow, yeah, kind of like that. It take a real job away from a real Stanta like Eddie Murphy, the clumps, like Eddie Murphy at the dinner scene. He plays everybody. He doesn't play everybody though, Tom Tom Hanks plays all the adults. I believe.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: I've never wanted to watch The Polar Express No Desire animated.
Speaker 1: The animation just wasn't there. But it's still great. I mean it's still awesome. Yeah, three times this weekend easily.
Speaker 3: Guys, when you're out there, if you even think about turning the radio to Sonny, you just know.
Speaker 2: The Christmas music can be very dangerous.
Speaker 3: According to a study from ensurance Opedia, with for one hundred and twenty beats per a minute can.
Speaker 2: Lead to dangerous driving habits.
Speaker 1: Rossie.
Speaker 3: The Snowman has one hundred and seventy two beats per minute, So we don't want you to lead. We don't want your vehicle to be in a disaster. So you just be careful when you're listening to your Christmas music. All I want for Christmas, you buy Mariah Carey one hundred and fifty beats per minute.
Speaker 2: The least not be that one hundred and forty nine beats per minute. Just be careful out there, guys.
Speaker 3: I saw Mommy and kissing Santa Claus a little slower one hundred twenty nine beats per minute.
Speaker 2: That's a little safer for y'all. That's those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 4: Take it, Alex. This isn't local, but I did just see this from Adam Schefter. Talks between North Carolina and Bill Belichick for the school's open head coaching job are ongoing.
Speaker 1: Would he go and coach kids? I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't think so. I feel like Tom Brady even kind of will. But I mean she's college age, so maybe like she'd enrolling.
Speaker 13: Then.
Speaker 1: See, I don't know, I got all that untapped ass. That would be hilarious if because of you and seeing the Cowboys can't get out Bellicheck, Texans a runna buy it.
Speaker 4: So they did not play yesterday, but Monday Night Football we got tonight Micah Parsons and the Cowboys host Joe Burrow and the Bengals. Bengals are five and a half point favorites coming into this one. Kickoff is at seven to fifteen. You can watch it on ESPN and then I think Disney Plus they have a Simpsons version of the game, so they'll Simpson afy all of the players.
Speaker 1: You saw that and you can watch it that way.
Speaker 4: In college football, the playoff bracket was revealed yesterday. The top four seeds are Oregon, Georgia, Boise State in Arizona State, Texas is the fifth seed after losing to Georgia and the SEC Championship game Saturday, They're gonna play twelve for inch Clemson in the first round. SMU also snuck into the playoff after losing to Clemson and the ACC title game Saturday. Them getting in means that Alabama was left out and you had a lot of very upset Crimson.
Speaker 1: Tide fans on the internet yesterday.
Speaker 4: You can just see the full playoff bracket on our sports blog page today. The first round starts Friday, December twentieth. In basketball, Rockets got another win last night. They meet the Clippers one seventeen to one oh six. Jalen Green at thirty one points on the night to lead all players in scoring. Rockets now off a couple days off before playing the Warriors on Wednesday night.
Speaker 1: Back at home.
Speaker 4: That's just going on in sports, Houston's Rock Houston's Alternative All Day and The Rock Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 5: Ninety five, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show. If it essence called me when you're sober, which might not be until what January. It's that time of year, guys, December ninth. I hope you're off to a great start to your day. Ten percent chance of raining today, twenty percent chance tonight with partly cloudy skies, unseasonably warm or is this our season? It seems like a little warmer out there today, high of seventy eight.
Speaker 2: It's perfect.
Speaker 1: But the fact that it's not gonna yeah, I kind of like it too, like it. It doesn't have to be sunny. I mean, I'm okay with the partly cloudy seventy eight and get outside. The ground's pretty damp. It rained most of the weekend. That was the other thing.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: It was kind of, you know, kind of do indoor activities this weekend. N't get out? Did you go outside side and play?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: I know you couldn't out. I was I was sick for must of the weekend?
Speaker 1: Oh really yeah?
Speaker 3: So match match the weather? Would you guys do inside? Just make gingerbread houses. I saw a lot of gingerbread.
Speaker 2: House making going on Facebook.
Speaker 1: We did some baking. I told you this is just a little hack for those of you that have young kids that can talk that you're off the hook for a couple of years. Alex I bought these these blank gift cards. I thought it was a good idea. I didn't hear it anywhere. I just I passed it along. One of the persons emailed me and said that they went online and ordered them Amazon. Guys, if I ever talk about anything, it's Amazon. They are blank gift cards. And they got a place where you could record a message, so it's like, oh, yes, you know, hey, Grandma, Merry Christmas, love London Ace and then you boom and now it's locked in there. And then you can decorate the card yourself rather than go out and buy a card. You it's just four blank walls put together and then you record your message on there.
Speaker 2: So very cool.
Speaker 1: So we worked on those, we worked on some other We painted this week indoors, I mean indoor stuff. My kid like, okay, let's decorate the tree. Let's do this. Hangs four things and then boom walks away.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: It's like, I gotta do it all. And the four things are right there at her eye level one two three four. That's it. You're not gonna spread those out at all.
Speaker 2: Right, you're right in front of me.
Speaker 1: Around there's a ladder right there. Help yourself, I mean move around. Yeah, four things. She grabbed all the ones that said granddaughter because I have Molly together. So I'm like, make sure these are all spaced out. You don't want you don't want all the ones from grandma in the same area one two three four interrupt like it. You can't move them. They're locked in now.
Speaker 2: Well she put them there. That was her part. Oh, she grabbed that, her part.
Speaker 1: She grabbed that who made the picture of us? The four of us? A Christmas ornament in a snowman Christina and I think Christina is and it's it's just a photo copied photograph of us, like black and white on the printer here.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure Chili's wife did that.
Speaker 1: Does he even know that? I don't. I have it on my tree. Well, I was gonna say, London hung that one on the tree as well. Nice. She grabbed the four Grandma once and then she grabbed the rod Ryan show perfect one. Chili? Is that from you? Well? Which she's not from him? He doesn't gift for gifts. Everything from Christine just a tree? Whoa? Well, whoa?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 1: What are the fighting words for? Okay? Did your wife put that together for us years ago? Who delivered it? Did your wife do all the legwork on that, meaning put that thing together? Some might call them elves? Yeah, I mean you know what, it was a team effort. It was a team effort. You told her to do it, and she did it. You know, I came up with the id.
Speaker 2: It was his idea. I came up with it. I really like ornaments, even the tree, I really like it.
Speaker 15: Doesn't make all the toys he delivers. Somebody's got to direct the band, you know, did you watchili. Okay, give me a few of the things you want watch this weekend. Hold On, I made a list.
Speaker 1: He made a list. Now, he didn't even know I was gonna ask. I did not, but I said, trying to keep track of how many me watched this? I said, Elf was on three times, Christmas Vacation, Home Alone, Fred Clause I brought to the table today. That was on this weekend. That animated Grinch with Cumberbatch. That's her favorite Grinch.
Speaker 2: She likes the animated one.
Speaker 1: That's her favorite one. She doesn't like the sixty nine Boris karl Off one, the one that I grew up with, I like. She doesn't. She doesn't like the Jim Carrey one. That's the best one. Yeah, not according to her. Okay, So what was your What did you watch this weekend? In order? Who watched Home Alone? Dear Santa? Four?
Speaker 4: Christmas is eight Bit Christmas, I'll be home for Christmas, Home Alone two and Christmas with the Crank.
Speaker 1: Now is this on the couch with the baby and then like a blanket on you and a little cup of cocoa and you're watching it or is it just on in the background like the background these we or no, the home alone. The first one.
Speaker 4: We were doing tree stuff, okay, invest and we kind of sat around. Jack Black is in one The Deer Santa and it's a dis kid that writes a letter to Santa that he miss labels at Satan and Jack Black as Satan amazing.
Speaker 1: Okay, Christmas did Okay, here's the question. He's right there, he's in the other room. Did one Christmas story? Doesn't have to be one of the ones that was mentioned because we also watched The Santa Claus with Tim Allen blue Blood's Christmas? Do they have a christ?
Speaker 4: Did?
Speaker 1: Were there any Christmas stories, specials, classic movies Christmas related? Did anything? Did Chili did? Chili? I'm not saying that is wonderful? Angel of a wife, probably watched some wonderful things. Did that guy to be a murder stuff? Did Chili watch any Christmas specials? Anything this weekend? Tessa?
Speaker 2: I think it's too early now.
Speaker 1: Does he ever?
Speaker 2: I think maybe a little closely?
Speaker 1: What does he wait for the day of Did he watch anything? Twin brother? I don't think so, Chili. I also think that you watched nothing Christmas related this weekend? Are we right? Provishwan Buddy? Uh yeah, y'all are right, we love it. We know you're body.
Speaker 16: I was, I was hungover Saturday watch watch some football, some college football games.
Speaker 1: So that's all I watched on Saturday. You didn't think of putting non elf Christmas? Nothing Christmas that you didn't think of.
Speaker 16: I don't watch ELF to be honest. Yeah, I don't find it as hilarious as y'all do.
Speaker 1: Tesla came into this to our lives, never seen it. Tesla came into our lives going, what are you talking about with this ELF thing?
Speaker 2: Five years ago?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 16: See, I watched like, uh, Friday After Next, which is a Christmas you know, yeah, it is a Christmas movie, and I find it hilarious.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, Friday After Day for one.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 16: Then I watch like the more minority Christmas movies that also get the shine.
Speaker 1: Day of Christmas. Christmas. Nah, I don't watch that one.
Speaker 16: I watch more like, uh, This Christmas Like, uh, it's just a bunch of like HBO type movies that were never made on the big screen, so they're pretty good.
Speaker 1: Maybe something that starts Rodney Pete's wife, huh, don't know who that is, x NFL player, you know what they do they do. Carolina Panthers. I think she's like a B level black actress. That's like she stars in like black Hallmark And isn't that isn't that Robin Gibbons. Yeah, she's probably Rodney Pete's friend. Rodney Bredy, a wife's friend. That's the one that was on twenty one Jump Street. She's the one that was on twenty one Jump Street. That's Rodney Pete's white all right. The Guatemalan Grinch does not let us down. No Christmas specials at all for that guy. Holly Robins, Holly Robinson Pete, thank you.
Speaker 4: You know she made some Christmas Okay, Yeah, you know she is Jump Street, hanging with mister Cooper for your love, hang with mister Cooper of course.
Speaker 1: Did Chili Chili's got all the DVDs. Let's let's give away some tickets here, hey.
Speaker 2: Gary Clark Junior tickets and seven one through Music Hall for March.
Speaker 1: All right, I'll take call her ten seven one, three, two two five nine four Bucks.
Speaker 8: Easton's Rocking Alternatives The rod Rost The Morning Show from six to ten am ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five bus Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Dude, do Alex Ry, I'm gonna go look at your six picks after you still haven't. I know, says a lot, but no, what should I say? What do I do over here? It's just because that looking at girls blog page is so good today, so good. I haven't even looked okay milf Monday, so good. I gotta go look at a girl Alex's six pick six.
Speaker 2: Picks already looked at your six picks.
Speaker 1: The baby pick with the Christmas with the Christmas lights. Oh my god, this is gonna be angel. This is adorbs online. It's Alex Online ninety four five, the must. I can't hear a word you're saying now because I'm just like this Christmas. You do this myself?
Speaker 5: Bro?
Speaker 1: Are you putting that picture in a frame, the one with her in the Christmas lights? I don't send me the high resid image of that. I might get it blown up at my house.
Speaker 3: Every picture of ell is cute, dude, Try to take a bad picture of her in the next one.
Speaker 2: Even she looks even cute with her hair.
Speaker 1: All this shovel, bro, screenshot the video. I know you have a favor, Okay, put that picture on a mug and give it to your mom. She's gonna love it that put that picture on everything? Do I need to tell you everything? Maybe?
Speaker 2: Probably?
Speaker 4: Okay, maybe quickly though aol Okay, it's called busy Boozer aol shutterfly. As I ordered my mom a tote, a T shirt, and a coffee mug and a water bottle picks with that picture of my six picks for grandma, it's called busy boozer. And I at this time of year, you have a lot of the dude, let's get some drinks around the holidays. I love that this is going to show you which bars she just entered, like where you're at, and show you bars around you that are busy and not busy. So like it's a quiet atmosphere as that allowed rambunctious atmosphere. You can kind of cater to whatever you're looking for and then go choose that spot. So maybe you want to be able to hear somebody talk because you go to a quieter place. Maybe you want to go to some place more lively. Oh this place, this pop and go check this out. Busy Boozer is today's a well go check it out well.
Speaker 1: David rod Ryan showpage The buzz Dot com The Rod Ryan Show, to ninety four or five, Buzz ninety four or five, The Buzz Blink, one eighty two and one more time. I'm gonna be serious now yeah right, I want to ask a question, is Crank did that album come out this year? Last year? God? Damn Markin two came out this year. That came out last year. Mark Mark two came out this year, right, So it was like an extension that had some new songs. I rud Or Black one hundred dollars, Roulette Wheel. I might have said that that came out like early in the year that was going to be like, why aren't we mentioning that is one of the big stories this year because it wasn't this year and they got back together. It was last year. Damn it.
Speaker 4: Okay, I know that because I got my my iHeartRadio wrapped last week. Oh yeah, showing like with my top ones we were from last year and this such a company.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've seen people posting those, man, thank you guys. A lot of people they're showing, and I think it tells you how many hours you spent listening. Not only that, but it gives you like you were a top ten percentile person that you know that of everybody that listens to ninety four or five buzz On, iHeart you're a top. I'm like, man, thank you for those hours that you guys spend with this radio station.
Speaker 4: This is one of the coolest things. Like people share every year, like, I can't believe you hung out with us that long.
Speaker 1: I don't get mad about even the Spotify ones or what else? Who else puts those out? Apple Music? Yeah? I don't really, I haven't seen many of them. When they started doing it, every single.
Speaker 4: Artist put it out, so you wouldn't see people share like how long they listened to rod Ryan Show on that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, give you the recap, all right, Well, I appreciate all the hours that you guys spending with us. We have two weeks, guys, I know, two weeks of work, one more we're done, sane, want more Monday. Could probably figure out the sleeps all of that. Figure out the sleep can't do us on the spot, dude, that's that's nine more sleep bro. There's your there's your website. How many how many sleeps? Dot com? It's just a countdown clock. It's calculator to any day. It's just a countdown clock with a calculator. How many sleeps? How many sleeps? Yeah, it just links to Google. How many sleeps? Dot com redirect Google. I try and sneaking as many of those as they can do it. Where's everybody out with their Christmas shopping? How are you guys doing on Christmas shopping? Is that something that you want to talk about or you don't want to talk about.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty honestly, I feel more prepared this year.
Speaker 3: Than I have for the past years because I got some.
Speaker 2: Of it done a little bit early. Normally, there's not gonna be a big scramble for me.
Speaker 1: You said you shopped at the nutcrack her market for us. So we're getting like dry packages of dips.
Speaker 14: Specific dried like ground coal, just whatever packet of coal?
Speaker 1: Are you buying me something that I need to mix sour cream and cream cheese with.
Speaker 2: No, but you would like that, wouldn't you? Fat Those I love those that we bring. I'll bring in some food. I'll bring some sour cream and cream cheese. How about that?
Speaker 1: Just that nothing in just those two things mixed. You know what? I would probably dip something in ritz crackers. I bet it's delicious, not any I mean maybe a little salt and pepper to taste.
Speaker 2: I'll doery.
Speaker 1: So I if I had to guess on a percentage, I think I am sixty five seventy.
Speaker 2: The Yetti store just balled out, did it?
Speaker 1: I would be fine. I'll be honest with you, guys. I hope you're not let down by this. But I only bought something for myself at the y I bought the Yetti because I need a Yetti shot glass so if I have a cold shot, I needed to stay cold for ten hours it sitting there. I'm not ready for that shot yet, but I know when I get to it, it's like a little mini Yetti shot class. It's not like lined walls, but it's still it's you know, it's metal. It was metal. I think I'm close to seventy percent done. Okay, I can tell you something I'll share with you online. What gets me? I click on those the best gadgets of the year. They're all the same damn link, but they get me in with some cool looking picture which I click on because I want to see what the hell the thing is. It's like a crazy looking drone. It's a crazy looking UFO like creature thing. But it might be like a humid door or so. I don't know what it is, but I click on it and it's not even in the twenty five things. It is such clickbait. It's the same dumb glasses cleaner, it's the same dumb spy camera. It's the same twenty five things that have been pushed put out there on this list for the last ten years. I click on it every time. These are the twenty five gadgets that everybody needs. I think I'm going to find something great in there, and it never turns out to be greatness. I did hold down Black Friday, I had or cyberminded.
Speaker 4: I had a lot of gifts for people in a cart, and then that cart told me that their Black Friday sale was really a rebate and that I had to mail back.
Speaker 1: Something you did share with that with men.
Speaker 4: I was like, nope, we're not getting these things. You guys did get things from that website so close, so that really set you.
Speaker 2: I really wanted something from there. Wait to go with you almost got tell me I'm not going to get it, never gonna tell you.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, I want to know that's what I want for her I'm sure if you googled how many shopping days left, it would tell you just twenty five minus nine, twenty five minus nine. Do it, can't, can't, don't like it. It's in that fourteen area. Fifteen. No, I'm going to say there's about fifteen days left the shop. I don't. I don't know. It's not ety four or five. The bus, damn BA, the buzz, Good morning rod Ryan's shows. Don't tuble pilots and plush the unplugged version obviously, Good morning, Hope you're off to a great start to your day. Ten percent chance of rain, partly cloudy, high of seventy eight. Everybody get Radio Wizard's email?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Sure, did you did get the email? Did everybody see Radio Wizard's email?
Speaker 2: Hi, I'm looking now.
Speaker 1: You want me to do it in the Radio Wizard voice? Or just can I read it? Can I just read it?
Speaker 2: You know you have to do it in the point.
Speaker 1: Could you please read my email on the air? Please? Just wondering, Come on, here we go. I'm just gonna read it in my voice to Tessa. You got it, Chili got it, Alex got it, Teresa got it, Jerry Benson got it. This week, we will be announcing Buzzfest is back Spring twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: That's huge.
Speaker 1: It's a Christmas mirror, it really is. Buzzfest is back Spring twenty twenty five. You can tease and talk about that. The announcement is coming on Friday eight thirty am with Rod. We will reveal the date, the lineup, and the on sale info everything. Friday at eight thirty you are all free to start talking about it and the radio term set that appointment, okay for the Friday announcement. What does that mean? Set the appointment to tell you that, hey, eight thirty is that you were setting an appointment. Put that on your little schedulers. Okay, whatever you need to do, get in your outlook and say tune in eight thirty am. I don't care what you're doing. Okay, I don't care what's going on at the shop, in the office, whatever. Friday at eight thirty we're going to announce Buzzfest twenty twenty five Spring Buzzfest. Nice. Wow, Well, well.
Speaker 2: That's a great, great Christmas gift for us all, A thing.
Speaker 1: To just drop on us on a Monday. Yes, why don't you email me this more? Hell Monday? I mean I've been a pretty good mood today. But Jesus Christ, I've been an amazing mood today. Yeah, had I walked in at six o'clock and had that info? How long has he been sitting on? Did you just wake up?
Speaker 12: Week?
Speaker 1: But it sounds for a week probably, I mean that's he's known. Okay, Wow, that's awesome. That's awesome. How am I gonna How am I gonna wait till Friday?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Friday at eight thirty, So that's like forever away? And then we got to set the appointment all week, the appointment on us? What do you give away? Setting the appointment for after this commercial break? What are we gonna do the show? Yees? No, not yet, so I had to come up with a question.
Speaker 3: But it'll be for a four pack of tickets with pit passes to Monster Jam and Energy February first.
Speaker 1: All right, Monster Jam tickets. On the flip of this break, I'm setting the appointment. Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 2: Houston and The rod Ryan Morning Show six am, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: La La La, La La La ninety four five The Buzz Welcome back rod Ryan's Show. Wow Friday eight thirty, We're announcing Buzzfest twenty twenty five, a spring show. That's everything that I've been told.
Speaker 2: Appointment setull You need to know.
Speaker 1: Table set there's no food on it yet, you know what I mean? Like, there's everything there. I'm setting eight thirty. We dropped the food and all the good stuff on Friday at eight thirty. Right now, I've got tickets, four pack of tickets to Monster Jam Energy Stadium Saturday, February. First, what's your question?
Speaker 2: What did Rod keep from us?
Speaker 3: But then we were very excited about Then we all chimed in. I actually even agreed that the dude in this situation was right. There was a little story time going on. So tell me what the story was and I'll give you the tickets.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, the email that I read, Yes, okay, sure. I was sitting on that for over an hour before I read it to you guys. I just wanted to clear up with him what I could and couldn't say. One three two one two five nine four five. If you know the show, this is Audio Slave ninety four to five, The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan Show. Get ready to wrap things up here for a MILF Monday. Cute Kid Alex. Yeah, milf Petter out on the clicks. Wow, guys a bunch of pervert. Sorry bro, Sorry, I know man likes to deliver that to another man. I don't want it. You got a ton of clicks, though it was a wonderful picture.
Speaker 2: Not enough if you it's not your fault, Alex is society.
Speaker 1: If you're not on Shutterfly ordering everything with that first picture on there, printed on everything he was going to but obviously not enough people like that. What's the point?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 1: Please check out Alex's six picks Now he's all upsets. Okay, you've ruined, Kay ruined. Ten percent chance of brain today, twenty percent tonight partly cloudy, high of seventy eight. Yeah, let's go. He's now time for you know this show on ninety four to five, where it is good morning, good morning, Hi? Who's this hey?
Speaker 8: Chris?
Speaker 1: Hi, Chris, welcome to know the show. Dazzle us with your knowledge of the wonderful things we said on the air today, Tessa, what's your question?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 2: Can you tell me what storytime Rod had for us? It was, uh, it was piping hot tea.
Speaker 12: Where he was sitting on an email from a Doug won on a date from tender who didn't go so well. She started back in a pool, so he decided to go to the red and bail out.
Speaker 1: Yeah I did. Listen, this guy knows, I said, I got one email that was not on Like everyone said, Okay, we called him Doug. I guess Alex threw that name out there. One guy em he said that was chicken s. That guy should have said, hey, I don't appreciate this. I'm going to drive you home and I'm not having a good time. I'm flat out just not having a good time. Like he said, that was chicken ass. But what he did.
Speaker 2: I mean, listen, we respect that everyone handles things differently.
Speaker 14: I personally don't want to talk to someone who's had six shots or three shots or whatever who's like trying to whip her boobs out at the bar, Like, I'm not.
Speaker 2: Going to try to have a reasonable conversation with me, not the bar.
Speaker 1: Tender that like it's going to be a showdown. If he said something, she as got to a fight. What an email? Yeah, she said, he said in an hour's time, the first hour of the date. Okay, what is not boring? Chris one?
Speaker 2: Chris, you get the four backing tickets with pit passes to Monster Day. Have congratulations.
Speaker 12: That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: Thank you, guys. Sorry, I'm not the boring, most boring person on the plane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, sorry, you don't know how to have fun.
Speaker 5: Pal.
Speaker 1: It's a line from Just Friends. Adam the Cop meet White Rodney the other white Meat tomorrow is an epic matchup, we think. Why is the carpet wet Todd versus the goat hunter? Two year long champions Corey, of course, has wonted twice. Thank you to the Texas Hammer. We'll just we'll continue calling him Doug who sent us that dating horror story? Here, I got a million of them. We can do a whole show on this I got. Here's here's my story. Rod Mill was number one. Alexis six picks was right there though, bro right there. Beautiful pictures this weekend. Thank you, thank you for sharing your life with us. Chili Brown, why is our question mark?
Speaker 2: Are we playing Chili Brown tomorrow?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: All right, Christmas she handed me, she handed me a piece of it, said Chili Brown. Question mark? Question mark? Why the question mark?
Speaker 5: For sure?
Speaker 1: That's the only Christmas in that guy's life.
Speaker 2: It didn't even like it.
Speaker 1: I do it for him.
Speaker 2: He does it for us.
Speaker 1: If we didn't play Chili Brown and he didn't come in here and read the Charlie Brown Christmas Book, he wouldn't know it's Christmas. Wo have no idea to Row's tat Tuesday as well? All right, so we're playing, Yes, what about all that? Did you not get? You're lying tomorrow? All right? Pick your tickets in the one o'clock hour with my friend Jeremy Benson. Okay, NonStop Nooter with Jeremy Benson. Okay at Rod Ryan Show on All Socials. Chili it's Christmas time, Okay, there's a number of days left before Christmas. We don't know yet. We can't do radio math.
Speaker 2: But also shout out to a buzzfest concert.
Speaker 1: Busfest concert announcement eight thirty How many hours announcement? How many hours is that from? Right now? Alex, don't worry about it, Okay, I am. I'm worried about it. How many sleeps test the life at one o'clock? It's more than that? Is it only for sleeps till Monday? Tuesday night, Wednesday night, Thursday night? For sleeps? Yeah? I told you you think I'm not going mad.
Speaker 2: Look at that such quick math.
Speaker 1: Di, you're a walking homony Space dot com. That's it, guys, we're on a twenty hour break. I know that amth Well, wasn't that fun.
Speaker 11: If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcasts. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.