Speaker 1: It's Tuesday. You know what that means. It's time for ignition with the aaw Fat podcast team. Tonight, we're going to talk about some hot topics in ae W.
Speaker 2: This is Kelson and I am Shane aka the clout Factory net net Net. Yes, Shane, we heard that you had some absolutely hot news off of the press for us. Please enlighten us what you got going on.
Speaker 3: All right, it's not really breaking news, so just take it as an unconfirmed rumor. We've been told that by someone who designs title belts for wrestling companies has been hired by a w to design a women's tag team belt.
Speaker 1: What men is that?
Speaker 4: It's good?
Speaker 3: Apparently gonna be a says Shade.
Speaker 1: How long have I been asking for this bro?
Speaker 2: Since day one of the hub? I mean, like, think about the possibilities here. We're finally taking women that had been so like like, this is such a fantastic opportunity to start utilizing women in the locker room that typically like sit on their hands. I could name ten off the top of my head. I'm not going to do that. It's a great idea, Net. I don't want to dig too deeply into your resources, but how did you come across this information.
Speaker 3: Talking to a few people and somebody just happened to mention something about the women's tag team in a w So I don't want to say too much because it's an unconfirmed thing and we'll just see where it goes.
Speaker 2: So usually with information like this, I have a tendency to hijacking these podcasts. I'm not going to do that this time. I want to, I know, I want to. I want to ask a serious question to the panel guys, if this is happening, if this is legitimate, if this is something that we have to look forward to, when is it happening?
Speaker 1: Well, at least by twenty twenty six, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, well, how about this? Let me let me reask a if Tony Khan was finally you know, getting his wits about him in terms of how the women were being booked, what would be the best time to launch a women's tag division?
Speaker 1: Hmmm, I'd say right after Forbidden Door, okay, because I do believe that a Forbidden Door we're going to get Mayui Watani and Mercedes Monet or by Yoiwatani and Tony Storm, and I think that that's going to probably be the big women's match for that, and I think that's where to focus. They want to keep the focus on that because that's the draw for the women's side, at least on Everbidden Door.
Speaker 2: Okay, I mean like their partnership with Japanese Wrestling has brought into fruition a lot of great things for the women in a W In terms of Tony Storm obviously, you know, do we see her taking that belt? And how are they going to redirect the World Championship away from tag teams? I mean, like this is huge. I mean this this could potentially revitalize the entire women's division. AW. It's not something to just you know, brush up.
Speaker 1: When you look at the AAW women's division right now, you've got what I think that AAW is doing better with the women's division than they are with the men's division, is that you've got storylines that are actually going on that have nothing to do with title belts. I mean, look at Julia Hart and Jamie Hayter. There's no title belt even there, and we know we're gonna get Julia Hart Hater three you know sometime down the line, you know, and so you know, I don't know, you just got all this stuff going on, there's Meggan Bain coming in, There's just the women are poised to kill it. Tony conscious has to let them pull the trigger.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, Net It sounded like you think so. Yeah, So like Nett, like on the real reel, like Tony, Tony someone might be one of the more captivating things that's happening in all professional wrestling, just period. Do you personally think that bringing a women's tag division into AW could be just as captivating?
Speaker 3: I think so because a lot of fans want women's tag teams, and like Kelson was saying, there's some great storytelling there, the tag team division can only enhance that, and well, we already have some women working together who are really good. Dina Pirazzo and Tyvawcrae come to mind immediately. So I think it's there and all we have to do is get it going. Tony Kahan has to make the magic happen.
Speaker 1: I absolutely agree. I absolutely agree. I'm excited. I I again, like Shane said, I've been asking for this for almost two years now. Actually, January thirty first was the first podcast that we ever did two years ago of twenty twenty three, so the podcast are two years old. Of course, we started the podcast before aw Fannhub came into existence, and a w Fanhub will celebrate its second anniversary in eleven days, unbelievably so. But what I'm saying is I've been asking for this for this long.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's a great.
Speaker 1: Way to get more women on TV in meaningful matches.
Speaker 3: I think. So that's a lot of potential.
Speaker 2: And so many women to showcase. I mean, now I want to make a little fun of this, like I'll say, well, let's take a round to around the wheel, and I'm going to make a statement that's going to be somewhat controversial, being that WWE recently so epically dropped the ball with their women's tag team title titles. What do you guys think, What do you think will be like the big tag team couple to take the championship for the first time? Hmm, yeah, I know I have one.
Speaker 1: I have one right now, and that's somebody that I've This is a tag team that I've said probably for a while now it's right there in front of your face. But I do have to WWE has a women's tag division.
Speaker 2: Well they did.
Speaker 1: Anyway, there was a really good tech team that had had Tony Storm and thunder Rosa, Thunderstorm, they would be my favorites. Julia Hart, Julie Hart and sky Blue would be a really good choice because they're younger. Not that Tony Storm and thunder Rosa are dinosaurs. But I want to see some of the younger women and some of the younger men get pushed. And we're going to talk about this really soon in the next in the next uh next topic. Actually, so anybody else, other other women's tag teams, anybody else?
Speaker 5: Go ahead?
Speaker 1: It would be.
Speaker 6: Chris stat Lander and Willowgill there.
Speaker 1: There you go, will On Nightingale, Sure no, I get a better one, go ahead, and Meghan ban.
Speaker 5: That would be any that would be the best tag team in the women's division they could have.
Speaker 1: And you see how how because how Megan Bay made Chris stat Lander look like rehost that the next door almost and and and.
Speaker 5: For that fact alone, you're talking, you're talking, you're talking road Warriors. You know, when you think about great tag teams from in the past of any division, you're thinking, you're you're looking at like a road Warriors or uh, you know, the British literally dominate anybody in the in the division right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'd like to see Tim Mellow tagged up with someone, but I don't know who.
Speaker 1: Together for years.
Speaker 4: Maybe.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that is a world champion caliber women's wrestler. I think that she's put a lot of good work in in Japan. But you know, I don't know if you guys remember, like there was a really great like a hardcore style like a death match with on Rampage about a year and a half ago with Ruby so Well two years now, Ruby Soho and Willow Nightingale versus kJ and it was a absolute banger.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna ask a trivia question right now, do you know which woman in AW with more than fifty matches? So not somebody that has like ted matches or something like Mercedes Bonez, what fifteen matches, We're not gonna say her, but fifty plus matches at AW that are on the current AW women's roster, not somebody who's no longer on the roster. Who has the best winning percentage? Nope, not even close. Really indeed, Nope, it would it would be It would be the woman with the best winning percentage in a w with fifty plus matches is thunder Rosa at eighty three percent wins and I'm talking all matches, not just solo matches, all matches eighty three percent. You know who's in second place? And this may shock you, Tony Ross also with also with also with eighty three also with eighty three percent, but just point zero one five or something like that, a sliver, blow thunder Rosa with fifty plus matches in a w Tymelo eighty three percent. Nobody else is really close. Yeah, she has. As a matter of fact, I believe it was in one of the years I I can't remember which year it was, Ta Mellow actually had the most matches in AW men or women one year, I don't think. I think it was like twenty twenty two. I think it was after the UH, after the pandemic was.
Speaker 2: Over, pregnancy time. Elo was all over the place, and it was very believable that that she could have.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't forget you also had Dark too, and she was very you know, prevalent on Dark. But look, Shane, I want to go ahead and move on because we've got actually a pretty interesting segment coming up. We asked the the aw fanhub community what they wanted us to talk about tonight. And we took the three best questions. We may cover some more maybe next week, but I took the three best for time reasons, and we're gonna just call this the community Questions segment. And the first question asked by a member of the community for us to discuss is where do we see AW in five years? And I'm not going to take that question as what are the ratings going to be? Like I'm telling I'm taking it as like who are the champions, who's going to get who's going to have the pushes, who's going to be gone? You know, maybe they go to WWE, maybe somebody else comes in from WWE or TNA or start a new Japan.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: So let's just talk about that five years from now, where do you see AW got to.
Speaker 5: Be that guy?
Speaker 2: I don't see a relationship with TNA for uh into the unforeseeable future. You know, they're they're in bed. The TNA is in bed with ww There's no.
Speaker 1: Somebody may leave DNA because they don't want to be associated with WWE and they may want to get more money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hopefully aj styles.
Speaker 1: There you go. Possibility.
Speaker 2: I would like like there are a lot twenty twenty seven is the year that that's the renaissance. That's that's when a lot of big time WWE guys are going to be on the cost for resigning. You got guys like Sammy's and Kevin Owens. You got guys like from the TNA side, like Ziggler, you got you got a lot of people that are like gonna have to make the decision where am I going to take the next step into my career? Now, if I were to answer that question, I would probably say, it's very possible that we might see MG have another come up, and I see a lot of our talent now that have come over from.
Speaker 5: WWE going back to WWE.
Speaker 2: Now, it recently came out that Malachi Black, Alista, Black, Tommy Next, whatever you want to call him, whatever he chooses to find him to define himself as is technically on a no compete for the next couple of months. Could you imagine him going back to WWE. But then we got guys like Elias who just signed with ROH. You know, we could see a resurgence of a lot of big things, you know, like the Trios titles for example. You know, if we're on the cusp of getting something like women's tag titles and it's handled appropriately. That could be a sign that they're revitalizing the entire program for AW and we actually might have things five years down the road, like a lot of younger talent holding titles. We might see someone like Kyle Fletcher holding a world championship. You might see someone like Sky Blue holding a women's World championship, which would be fantastic. Someone like Billy Starks, you know, jumping past a ring of Honor or Again, dare I say Athena? You know Athena is carrying the Ring of Honor product I think she is. It's quite probable that we could see her in UH as an AW world champion. I'm hopeful, Yeah, very much so.
Speaker 5: I think the problem is right now is overcrowding. You can't fit everything into the four hours of show time they have every week. If you add a women's tag team division, which will be an awesome thing to do, where do you put them? You you don't have right now. You struggle to put more than one women's match on a show as it is now. Adding in another whole subset of show of matches is going to be impossible. That what was the show that was supposed to start.
Speaker 1: They did the shock wave.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they need they need another show, regardless of because they have so much talent. You can't fit everybody in in a normal for two show week. There's just no ton.
Speaker 2: So let me let me reverse. Let me reverse that statement, like I actually have an idea and bear with me, Like, what if we eliminated all of the meaningless squash matches that led to minute long promos and supplemented them with meaningful matches that you know, equate to more developed stories. Because we have a lot of matches with guys like Hobbs for example, who will They'll put him in the ring with two guys, will squash them in less than thirty five seconds, and then he'll say I'm coming after Max, drop the mic and walk out. We'll put them in.
Speaker 5: The ring with Here's the problem with that. Here's the problem with that. If you have a normal show, you'll have maybe one or two of those, so that's two, maybe two to five minutes of the show. You replace that with a a match that has significance, you still not have enough ton. You just don't. I mean, if you have if you have four hours show or two our show and you have six matches on it, you can't think I mean, they struggle to put people in every on the card.
Speaker 1: Now look, look, this is just my opinion, and you can agree with me. You could disagree with me. But I'll just use the death Writers as an example. You get the death writers. What I think what the shows last week? They were in three different segments. They had two matches at a run in, well they actually had three run ins, but they had one area where they just ran in. All that time that was spent on the death Writers could definitely be spent on one or two meaningful matches.
Speaker 5: I would agree there.
Speaker 4: I mean, you can do that.
Speaker 5: You can do that, but it still leaves you a lot of talent that just can't be put in the show. That's why you know, you how long has it been since you've seen Kitah? How long has it been since you've I mean, I know Rio was hurt. But that's the two examples of people who are important to the show. Have we've seen in ages?
Speaker 2: Yeah, to be fair, this is the second question from the community. I mean, like we feel that AW put itself into a holding pattern, like it's in a slumper right now. Is it actually in a slump or is it a perceived is it perceived in the media. I mean, like, like, I believe personally that AW isn't a slump. With how they're booking and how they book these types of matches. I think, you know, I agree with you that we need a new another two hours of time, But what what does that matter if we're gonna get two hours of time and repeat the same processes that put us in the position that we're in in the first place.
Speaker 5: Opposite, I'm gonna have the exact opposite of what you can say. I don't think they're in a holding pattern. They're not because because everybody's got such a bad thing with the Death Riders, that's not the only thing going on in AW. I don't think that subsets of obbs you've got, you've got them coming in. You've got so many people right now involved in different things. You've got the Death Riders, You've got MJF and and Trip and Double J. You've got a resurgent of the Undisputed Kingdom. You've got the stuff between Kenny Omega and Osprey and the Don Kallis family. That's four programs on the men's side. Then you've got Yeah, you've got LFI that's starting to do some stuff. So they're not in a holding pattern. It's just I think a lot of people they get into that mentality that they want things to be their way now, and when it doesn't happen, they decide to lash out and say, well this ain't for me anymore, instead of sitting back and watching the show and going, oh wow, we got a ton of shit going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Personally, I don't fall into that category. I've always been historically the person that wants to see them rip the banded off and do crazy things and and break that mold.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean like that.
Speaker 2: That's that All of aw's best programming has been that type of program you know, like we're gonna do something that's so against That's what built this company. They are the against the grain company. They're that company that tried to recapture professional wrestling from an era of professional wrestling that came from that renaissance of wrestling where you were actually getting new things. Now we've we're seeing a lot of things repeat. The death Riders thing is starting to look and I'm saying it. I'm gonna say it. Playing as day Sudden and you're gonna pick up on this immediately, and you might disagree with the portion of it, but it's looking kind of like post Russo nWo bro like like, it's looking very like like hey, like like they're not what have we done different with the Death Riders in the past two and a half to three months.
Speaker 5: Saturday night, Saturday Night? Yeah, actually Saturday Night, because they did not dominate the end of the show and they did not beat down the faces that on Saturday Night. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But the problem with that, sudden is that they have been they have been doing the same thing so many times. And I can tell you from like the live chat that we did on aw fan ub subreddit. Everybody left when the when the Death Writers came on. I watched that match. It's one of those things where when they don't it's it's not that nobody cares about the Death Writers, it's that it is very true that there are many people that don't care about the Death Writers, you know, And it's just as simple as that.
Speaker 5: And look, the problem is people were complaining they're doing the same thing and they didn't. That's the whole point. Everybody's oh, it's got to change this way now, but when they change it, everybody's like, well, they're still doing the same thing.
Speaker 2: No, they're not.
Speaker 5: When they got when when the UH rated FTR came out and they did that match, it was a good match, and in the end Marx got the crap beat out of them and they turntail and ran with alcohol.
Speaker 1: Death in there. That's great. But I'm going to tell you this, and I mean this app absolutely and sincerely, I don't care. I've done. I've done with the Death Riders, and I am not the only one. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: But as many pops are complaining about it, there are that many people who like it, and the fans were into that match. If you didn't watch it, you don't know because you didn't watch the reaction.
Speaker 4: Sorry.
Speaker 3: My favorite part was when Wheeler you'd have get absolutely destroyed. Us changed everything that I couldn't care there was.
Speaker 5: There was nothing about that match that was the same that they've been doing with the Death Writers, not one thing they had. The Faces came out, they completely turned around what everybody's been complaining about. That was everybody's major bitch was, well they keep the beat that the Faces are playing dumb faces. They didn't play Dumb Faces on Saturday, and who knows what's gonna happen this week. It could be starting the breakdown down of the Death Writers to change it around.
Speaker 1: And it only took them five months or whatever, a many months. It did.
Speaker 3: Nothing they talked about doing has been been done, changing a w making everything different.
Speaker 1: Where where did all that go?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 2: Like people, well hold on really quick. From Suton's perspective, he's actually right. The they they did to change that element of the program, the dumb Faces didn't come out since Cope got mixed into the Death Writer's story. They're actually stored. I'm not gonna use the term elevate because it's not elevated yet, but it's getting there and it is a departure from the normal Death Writers slog. However, if you want to break up the Death Writer's story, you have to you have to do something with you to specifically like, yeah, it's great to see him get his ass kicked, but if you're just gonna let him get beat up as the guy that's gonna get beat up as he's JD McDonough Max, and I'm gonna I'm gonna pass it off to you.
Speaker 4: I have apologize.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I yet that, like I apologize for interrupting you. But like, look what they did with j D McDonough at the end before he uh, like the end of last week, like he they actually had him show out and he came out and then he injured himself doing it. He actually looked like a professional. They they're not made, they're not tape making those concessions with Wheeler Wheeler Ude. He's coming out emulating all of Daniel's Danielson's moves, getting his and he's one of the few guys and the Death Riders that's getting his ass beat consistently. Do you not agree with that statement?
Speaker 6: I do agree with it in a way, but well, but my problem is is that a the Death Riders are too saturated in every show, like was what was said earlier Coaling, Like what was said earlier, the Death Riders were like four different segments. That that's they're in way too much, too many segments, and their segments usually go for a while. That I think they need to cut that back and they need to start selling moves. They need to start selling they need to look more like beatable because that's because right now they look too unstoppable and it's killing the rest of the product.
Speaker 2: Well, the only unbeatable person in the Death Rids is Marina Shafir. Sorry, not sorry, I'm only saying that because she doesn't ask, she doesn't ever compete, So like, why that's most.
Speaker 1: Well, well, look, I want to bring the I want to bring the discussion back on topic though, because you were talking about the storylines and there is a thing that I wanted to bring up. You know, uh we're talking about is a W in a slump. Okay, But this also goes back to our first topic is where do we see the company in five years? Look, in five years, there's going to be a lot of these, especially in the men's division, But there are some women's division that I can guarantee you they're not going to be in a W anymore, Adam Copland ft r Uh, They're definitely not going to be with adem you anymore. They'll be long retired. Chris Jericho will be seventy two years old and he'll still be out there doing Lion Peppers or whatever the hell he's doing.
Speaker 5: The Mexican number for fifteen.
Speaker 2: No, dude, Jericho is coming out as a cyborg dude yeah.
Speaker 1: But my point is is that we were talking about, you know, the storylines and the booking and creative it all doesn't have to be done in a day. Stuff can take time. But we've got young talent in AW that do need to get somewhat of a push right now, you know, so that they can show out three years when they're needed.
Speaker 6: But Kelsen, the problem is that most of those people, most of those young guns are in Ring of Honor, and they and if they want to start now, Tony needs to people like Philly Starts and so annoyed that because that's your future right there.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I agree with you. I mean, they need to at least be shown on pay per views. You know, people do watch the Rig of Honor pay per views without watching the Rig of Honor weekly shows, because the Rig of Honor pay per views are every bit as good as AW pay per views. And I will die on that I will die on that hill. Might I love watching those pay per views. But but my point is is that you've got to start building that talent pretty soon because once these old people get out of here. Even in the Women's mission, you got Emmy Sakara, you got Hakarushida Rijo. Maybe not the oldest, but they have visa problems, they got other things going on, they're away from home, you know, things like that. So you've got to make plans and not just rest on your laurels for today. I love I love what they're doing with Billy Starks. I love what they did, what they've been doing with like Red Velvet and Ring of Honor. I absolutely adore what they're doing with Commander, you know. So I mean these are young guys the end, young women that have ten fifteen years of wrestling ahead of them. You know, Look at Penta. I mean, Peta is a great talent. He's forty years old. He's not going to be able to especially to style Diddie Russell's He's not going to be able to do this for so as much as long. You know, I would much rather have a healthy bandido over somebody like Maid. You know, and I don't mean this disrespectfully against Penta at all, but I would rather have a healthy bandido than a Penta that's perpetually you know, perpetually not healthy. Well, especially with Ray Phoenix.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can agree with that. I can't agree with that whole art.
Speaker 5: I mean the question. The question is almost impossible to answer because look what's happened in the last year in a W monet Osprey. You know, all these guys and women that have come into the show. Who the hell is gonna know who's going to be in this year. There's so many people that are gonna be free agents this year. So you know, I don't see AW getting any worse than it is now. I see it growing like it's been growing. I mean, they're not This isn't something that's just happened overnight. If they started out Potter maybe, but they're still on the upswing and it's just gonna be one of those things where you've got a good core of young to mid age people who they can just keep building on and it's gonna keep getting better and better. And the more the WWE continues to screw around with what they do, it's going to make companies like a W and T. Well, not TNA because it's working with AW or WW, but you know it's gonna make these other companies have a better chance to get into a bigger spot.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what I'm saying is like, okay, so we're obviously going to have Adam Copland facing John Moxley, not bringing the Death Riders into it, but Adam Colplan versus John Moxley for the aw World Heavyweight Championship. That's gonna be a great match that I would much rather see somebody younger. I would rather see, you.
Speaker 5: Know, I would transitional. It's just like when Orange Cassidy went up against him the first time. He's a transitional match. It's going to be one of those matches that I think he's wrestled every portion of the group. He wrestled, seth Rawlins, he wrestled uh much. I can't think of Roman Reign.
Speaker 2: You're touching on balor his last magic like Edges.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, but my point is, and I'm so glad you brought this up, Suddon, because back when Orange Cassidy was the challenger for this was in November, I believe, when he became the challenger for the World Championship, what did we call him the transitional Challenger. We're now calling in February or even who knows, it could be March before that match happens, you know, in March ninth and revolution, we're now calling Adam Copeland the transitional challenger four months later.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's going to be the good challenger, the big one.
Speaker 1: Who's the next transitional challenger. It's getting.
Speaker 5: There may not be another one asking this, but the program is still running the course they wanted to run. It'll go into whoever is the champion. They're gonna all be transitional. No one's beating marks until they get to the final, the final thing. Most likely, it's going to go until uh Danielson can come back. And he's not gonna win the title, but he's gonna have he'll he'll have a role to play.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you'll have a little to play as a mentor.
Speaker 2: But we need.
Speaker 5: The death Riders. He's gonna end up being what causes the Death Riders to get destroyed because he's going to help in destroying them one by one.
Speaker 3: They're doing a good job destroying themselves.
Speaker 1: They don't need any a W needs to do some sort of fan service. I said this on our podcast last week.
Speaker 4: They need to do.
Speaker 1: We have eight championships in a W and seven of them are held by heels, and I brought up I brought up an example last week where I brought up w c W what Hulk Cogan had that championship, and they had this young upstart that had momentum named Bill Goldberg who won the championship. The fans lost their minds. That is what a w Why Why would this is what I don't understand about Tony Kahn's booking. Why would he expect somebody to watch his shows just to be depressed all the time, sucking mute your mike.
Speaker 4: No, but Kilse, Kilse. I think I may have a solution to our daf Ryder problem.
Speaker 1: I kill it with fire, That's my solution.
Speaker 4: No, I say, Tony needs to bring back ward.
Speaker 1: I disagreeing World is a great wrestler, but having somebody having the whole men's locker room get absolutely humiliated by the death writers. Only have somebody that hasn't shown up, you know that Ben at work or whatever, not booked to work for god knows how many months to come in suddenly take over. No, it's gonna be any It's it's got to be somebody like Swerve, m j F. Kank Man An Paige.
Speaker 5: It's going to be asprey after the it'll happen. It will be Osprey or can you omega And it will start to happen after their match in Australia.
Speaker 1: I don't want to be you want it to be Kenny. I do not want it to be Kenny. It would love it.
Speaker 5: If it was j White, or or it might be Hobbes. Who knows. But that's the nice thing about it is it's still building and we'll figure they'll figure it out. After the mask that they have in March, when it's at Copan and him go.
Speaker 2: It's it's gonna be Kenny. I'm gonna tell you why. There is a lot of story behind both Kenny versus Jay and Kenny versus Osprey. It's a feud between Ospray or j White that builds itself. You know, who's gonna be the guy to take down the best bout machine? Kenny is going after every like. Look at the promo with Kenny and Osprey when uh during that the first Dynamite that they were both back in the ring together. You know, Kenny didn't touch on anything other than, hey, I'm the best in the world and you cheated to try to pretend to be the best in the world. I am Kenny Omega. If you're the best bout machine, beat me clean. And then they went to hey, man if can't beat him, join them. You know, Jay White came out what a week later, you know, and then then made it look believable that there might be friction between the three of them. I think that's the direction that would be smart for them to go, but it would be too harkened back to Kelson, you know what I love about your new computer?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: I could hear you breathing.
Speaker 1: I can't tell.
Speaker 5: Getting over.
Speaker 2: I am.
Speaker 1: I am breathing like a you know, somebody that's been sick.
Speaker 2: No, you and and you know what, I'm glad to hear that you're on the men. Brother.
Speaker 5: Yes, I'm just.
Speaker 4: Saying you're still breathing.
Speaker 2: We're not.
Speaker 1: We're not hearing breath.
Speaker 2: We all thought you were a robot.
Speaker 5: Because you.
Speaker 2: Have to.
Speaker 1: You have to understand something. You're on camera and you're up and walking around and you're so damn sexy.
Speaker 4: So we can't.
Speaker 5: He's got that, he's got that uh educated look where he's got his and on his his hand, his chin's resting on his arm, and he's just sitting there staring at the camera. That's where it froze for me.
Speaker 1: But before we go any further, I want to back up a little bit because when we started talking about do we think that the aw's creative and storylines are in a holding pattern? That question was asked by that Triangle seven to twenty on the aw phanub subreddit, and we kind of already morphed into the third thing, which is, uh, who will be the guy to win and take the title off of John Moxley? That was asked by Paison for you on the aw fanub subreddit. But one thing that we didn't answer in Paison's question was when when should this happen? When should John Moxley lose this match? How long do you think that he should hold the title? Work? Because to me, it's obvious that Adam Copland is not the guy that's going to take the title. Offer. When do you think would be the optimal time for John Moxley to lose the champions? All in Texas Dynamite tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow? But Texas.
Speaker 5: Wouldn't.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't say.
Speaker 2: Look as a pro wrestling fan, I'm an agent of chaos. Do I ever think it's gonna be Tomorrow Dynamite? Absolutely not. But I mean, like there is a part of me that like grew up with.
Speaker 1: A w c W.
Speaker 2: I want to see some ping ponging every now and then, like like, let's get a title match tomorrow, Let's drop it off of them, Let's ping pong pong that belt around a little bit and then slap it on someone that you know it looks a little more convincing on. And I think Moxley's fantastic, and I think he's a convincing champion, but I think there are better guys on the roster, so more deserving of the title. I love how I love how you can name Daddy Quiet and in this Chattis you.
Speaker 5: Can name the entire roster and every single person, except for maybe a few, are worthy of holding the title I can think of. I mean, I wouldn't want to see it on Jeff Jarrett. I definitely don't want to see it on Christian. You know I would love to see I would because I can't stand Christian. I would love to see I would love to see Copeland win the title just for the fact that it gives him a title on a w but not not as a champion, no, I mean like the world title, not just the TNT, the world title. I'd love to see him at the world title just because.
Speaker 1: It look I'm going to break up something here because something you just brought up, something that kind of proves that what we were talking about is kind of weak. That is the fact that Christian has been walking around with that basically money in the bank clipboard for now and we didn't even break him up until half hand sudden mentioned.
Speaker 2: Him, Hey, whatever happened to like whatever had a like Darby Allen's next, Hurrah go Darby, Like I know what I mean, Like not that he's out of the picture, it's just I'm I'm very confused. Like I'm very confused because it's a lot going on all at once with no clear or definitive like uh like angle as to like who could potentially be the next And I don't think this is not a company that's ever been known to bait and switch their fans, like so like it looks like Kenny, it looks like Kenny Omega, it looks like Osprey, or it looks like Jay White might be next.
Speaker 5: But like my son just mentioned, the the thing about Darby is if Darby wasn't going to climb out Everest, which is his thing he has to do this year for whatever reason, it probably would have been over by.
Speaker 2: Now, is anybody up there?
Speaker 5: I think he's I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: When he's climbing April, I believe is what is what I read?
Speaker 5: They're waiting because there's a queue that long.
Speaker 4: Wait Darby is actually gonna climb out ever, yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean it gets up there. He's going to jump off a cliff into a cup of water because.
Speaker 4: Hands is actually going to climb up there in point and a W banner.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, that's what going to jump. They're going to jump up out of the snow and attacking exactly. That's where Darby wins the title.
Speaker 3: The whole just gonna throw him off Mount Everest.
Speaker 2: Tony Con isn't booking him to drop the title off of Everest yet, it's not happening. We're talking about long, long term storytelling. Everest has to beat him a couple more times, knock him down. He's got to do the cracker barrel, but the cracker Barrel Everest deathmatch first.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Joe, Joey Jane, and.
Speaker 3: Hey, you know what we haven't counted on is Eddie Kingston making a show a show and just destroying Moxley and getting the title back.
Speaker 5: He can do the with he can do like the the.
Speaker 1: The it is when you've got a physical specimen like Eddie Kingston.
Speaker 5: Oh here we go.
Speaker 1: You just you just expect, he said, was said, get into a ring and losing is like the most preposterous thing ever.
Speaker 2: He's due.
Speaker 1: He looks great.
Speaker 2: Eddie Kingston looks like a pack of hot dogs. And I mean like the six pack per version, not not like that. He's had too many versions.
Speaker 5: I mean, come on, I mean, from now, you're gonna have Eddie Kingston as the He's gonna have four titles. He's gonna have the Continent and he's gonna have the Continent Classic. He's gonna win it again. He's gonna be World Champion. He's gonna have the tag titles and the Trio Championship. He's gonna have them all five years.
Speaker 2: He's also gonna be the n x T World champions.
Speaker 5: In the women's World Champion.
Speaker 1: He's on an they're gonna create, They're gonna they're gonna get rid of the inter International title, the Continental tie. They're going to combine it and make the Incontinent title for Eddie Kingston. But you know, I mean Kingston like.
Speaker 2: The world wakes up and realizes that Eddie Kingston could be the glue that brings all these promotions together because he's already got a w Yeah, he could be that guy. He could come out there and looked right down the camera and be like, you know what, I'm a hard new Yorker. New York is is the reason. And now everybody got to get along and thens in five years might by then.
Speaker 5: It's hard to tell, you never know.
Speaker 2: I mean, it depends on how harder Triple H screws up the women's division and w W.
Speaker 1: Speaking of the women's division. Speaking of the women's division, Shane, let's move on to the next topic. Let's do a segue.
Speaker 4: Okay, so.
Speaker 2: Hold on, because if I remember correctly, with with their first televised win, we were we were talking, we were gonna try to talk about Harley Cameron, and I got distracted by Harley Cameron because of everything that was going on with the Jericho Cruz last week. By the way, I docked and deployed from the same port on a cruise that the Jericho crew. I was so mad last week because I was in the same dog as the Jericho Cruse departing on the same day, in the same hour, and I was I looked at my wife and I'm like, oh, what are you doing this? Should Harley Cameron get a tutle shot against Mercedes monea Grand Slam? She won a match against Tyer Valkyrie, and you had to excuse Shane because he was on a cruise like a peasant that he is, while we had sat at home and watch Collision. For him, I would not be anywhere else, to be honest.
Speaker 1: By Yeah, Harley Cameron beat Tyle Valkyrie and got her first television win on Saturday night at Collision, and she challenged Mercedes Monett a couple of times over the week and Mercedes Monette said no both times. Of course, Harley is from the Gold Coast of Australia, the same as Tony Storm.
Speaker 2: And you know, well, well, I'm not trying to say I'm not trying to say this to be funny, but I wouldn't mind if Harley Cameron was the first winner of the women's tag team titles, just two different personalities of her like and then just have Tony Storm and two different personalities that Darmy Storm go for the tag team titles like that. That would be fun Yeah, that would be.
Speaker 1: Fun, well could be. How about Harley Cameron and Mercedes Monet the hand puppet get that championship.
Speaker 2: I don't think anyone. I don't think Tony takes it serious enough. I think it's gonna be another fodder man, which was just sad because Harley Cameron truly like button you said it. I'm gonna credit you for this forever. Every single time I'm behind a microphone, every single second that Harley Cameron spends on cameras utilizes every single minute in such an effective way that that where she knows she's a Dusty Rhodes for for women comedian wrestlers. She knows how to look at her crowd and sell what she's doing to that, and she's fantastic. I would love to see her with a belt on her. I don't think it's gonna be a world championship. I don't think it's gonna be the TBS. I think we'll see her with an r H championship. You know, imagine that transition. We go from Athena into AEW and Harley Cameron taking that off of her, and then Athena is the world champion, and then you know it's believable again.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, I don't see Harley Cameron winning anything. But frankly, do you want to see her? Do you want to see her get a match at Grand Slam against Mercedes Monette? Keep in mind that this this is only a two hour show and win? Why not win?
Speaker 2: Who cares about the Oh? If we want to take liberties with storytelling, let's rip the bandit off and do some weird shit.
Speaker 1: I'm there, I agree with you. I mean, let her have a you know, get a few wins under her belt, you know, two or three, and then have Mercedes kick her ass.
Speaker 2: You know, got a credit Mercedes man will A lot of backpedaling this community did with Mercedes in terms of how she's elevated the women's division in aw she might have been, she might be the call of women's professional wrestling.
Speaker 1: I've been singing her praises for weeks now. I mean I've done a complete one eight on her. I mean I didn't appreciate her when she came in because I thought that her matches were not up to snuff, and I thought that her promos were pretty bad. I think she's hitting on all cylinders right now. Yeah, there's been a couple of matches that weren't as good, but I kind of attribute that to not really knowing her opponent as well as some of the others opponents and the communication. I mean, her match against you Kauza Kazaki was good, but it got out to a really rough start.
Speaker 4: I have a question for the panel kills. You know who's gonna beat Mercedes.
Speaker 2: Harley Cameron.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's gonna be Harley. I wouldn't mind if it was.
Speaker 6: I would not mind Harley Cameron taking that off of Mercedes. Yeah, I actual, you know, I just want anyone to beat Mercedes, just anyone.
Speaker 4: I don't think.
Speaker 1: I don't think that you're gonna see anybody beat Mercedes for a little while. Down I will. And I'm going to tell you why I think Harley Cameron is going to face Mercedes at in at Grand Slam Australia. I think that the next opponent for Mercedes is the person that I think was meant to be mercedes first challenger, uh when Mercedes came in at Big Business in Boston last year, and that's Julia Hart. I do think that Julia Hart's gonna get a chance and not win it, and then I think it's probably gonna more than likely be somebody like Chris Statlander in you know, Monette Statlander three and stat Lander finally gets her flowers because she did put on she did put on two fantastic matches with Monette, and she did the job for two matches with Monette, And maybe that's where we're at.
Speaker 4: Uh, pops up out of nowhere and take.
Speaker 1: The Only problem with that, Max is that Camille would be popping up out of it nowhere. I mean, if they want to have Camille beat Mercedes in like all In, Camille has to come back this week, not two weeks before all In and then have her win. That's this that's not good storytelling.
Speaker 4: Toby Dinah Steele.
Speaker 2: I mean she went on national television and dogged the company that she signed with, like five weeks before before she signed with them. I mean, that's not you know, Tony Khan has a god I don't want to be this guy. Tony kh has a habit of not being so nice to people that do it that way. I mean, she does anyone, Can anyone be a validate if she's injured or not or.
Speaker 1: Hey, it could just be a work too.
Speaker 6: I mean, oh, yeah, and she recently appeared on one of Jim Cornett's podcasts, so that definitely ruined any of her chances.
Speaker 2: I would say that, I mean, Cornett sucks. Everyone knows me, knows that I hate Jim Cornette for you can't deny his contributions to professional wrestling. He you can't deny it. Unfortunately, It's one of those things. It's like Haul Kogan hate him, you should hate him because he's a piece of No, you.
Speaker 4: Cannot compare Jim Cornett and whole Cogan.
Speaker 2: No, that can't happen, bro, this is not the podcast. I'm sorry. Yes, you most certainly can because they made the same type of types of mistakes. And you shouldn't give a platform to people that marginalize people based off of who they are without choice. And that's as much as I'm gonna say about that. I mean, like I will net like it's you cannot deny that Cornett was a promoter that brought eyes onto professional wrestling, just like you can't deny that WWE almost WWF almost built its entire platform on the back of Hulkogan. That's a fact, but that does not But it's the same thing as you know, like the founding fathers of America.
Speaker 1: I mean they all.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying nothing else. This is not a politics podcast. There's a pro wrestling one. You might even want to cut this a little bit from this, Kelson, because this could get real, real, real, real quick.
Speaker 1: We'll just stop talking about it. We'll just there with saying that Jim Cornett loves Japanese women's wrestling.
Speaker 5: And.
Speaker 1: You know, is is is Uh.
Speaker 2: This is obviously his lover, and Kay and Kenny Omega are absolutely best friends.
Speaker 1: They are. But anyway, let's get to uh, go ahead.
Speaker 2: Yo, dude, you know what happened last week that I missed on the cruise, that Righteous bit with a lot Elias? Is he going by Elias?
Speaker 1: And yeah, well that just broke yesterday.
Speaker 2: That broke yesterday, Yeah, that was just yesterday.
Speaker 1: He's going Elijah is going by Elias. Now he's with the Righteous.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: I don't know how to feel about this, because I kind of like, I like Elias. Uh, the Righteous got so much.
Speaker 5: I think I think adding him is going to make them a very pop group. He's one of those guys. He's only one of those guys in WWE that was basically underutilized. He was there to be fodder for John Cena and anybody else they wanted to have somebody to beat down on. And I mean, I don't even know. After I stopped watching it, I mean he was still around. But prior to that, he didn't do anything. He was just he was just one of those guys.
Speaker 2: Oh, prior to that. I mean, I can tell you about his legacy at NXT. He spent his first eleven matches getting the crap beat out of him, and they paired him with everybody, and like he got beat when he was with guys that were way bigger than he was. But I mean, he's Joe Hendry. He's Joe Hendry without the hype. That's the thing.
Speaker 5: He's just one of those guys that if they would have used him correctly in WWE, he could have been huge because he had the steals on the mic. I mean the three times I saw him wrestling, wasn't that bad a wrestler?
Speaker 2: Hey, man, Like Kevin Owen's rip with him, like you're there's there's no twin, there's no twin, Like you're the same guy, You're the same guy. That was actually fun.
Speaker 1: That was fun.
Speaker 2: That was.
Speaker 5: Wrestling, if Tony could do with him what he's done with uh, some of the guys that come over from WWE, like Shelton, that didn't get the opportunities that they should have gotten. If he can build him up on this, even if it's an r o H, I mean, he's got a guy that could elevate the Righteous to spot to make them somebody to watch an in r o H.
Speaker 1: Really really truly could Yeah. Well I'm gonna say this, I mean, I mean this sincerely. Is that I'm as you guys well know, I'm the type of person that if I don't like something, I don't watch it. And the Righteous were on my list of people that I stop watching change the channel as soon as they came on because they are just so awful in my eyes, boring as hell, no charisma at all, what And I just I just think they're awful. And but now that Elias where Elijah is with them, I'll give them a fair shot. See if it improves them. But if it's the same old, same all, it's channel changing for me. I'm sorry. Don't like the Righteous, don't like the Outrunners, never have, never will, won't watch them.
Speaker 2: Man, it's clear to me that you are not a fan of the rob Zombie House of a Thousand Corpses movie movies. I mean, like, I'm sorry, I like for those of you that are not hip, like, that's like that, that's the gimmick, that's the game make that's what they're doing.
Speaker 1: That's the thing.
Speaker 5: I can see them doing a little bit of a Wyatt family kind of thing if they really wanted.
Speaker 2: To, depending on who.
Speaker 1: The fans are already saying that it's.
Speaker 5: It's not a ripoff though, who cares? I mean, are.
Speaker 1: Already saying, oh Elias is in r O H. Now good he sucked.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well that's like I said, he comes down to if he can do what he's done for x WW guys that didn't get a shot, Eligi could be a huge in in. He could be used for them and w W fans. Who cares what they think because they're w W fans, they don't watch the product. Who cares?
Speaker 2: I mean emitting to wrestling fans care? I mean, uh, I agree with you?
Speaker 5: Though.
Speaker 1: Well, let's start wrapping this up, and let's wrap it up by getting to our pot pirie section. Our segment, does anybody have a pot prie that they want to talk about. Would you like me to bring mine up because I do have a little something that I wanted to say, and.
Speaker 4: That would be.
Speaker 1: On Sunday, Stardom held day four on four women's tag team match. And again, if anybody has ever listened to our podcast before, you will know that I don't like multi man or multi women matches. And they had this match, and I have to say, as four on four matches go, this was one of the best matches that I have ever seen in my life. It was hard hitting, it add story to it, it had emotion. It was did I say hard hitting, I mean it was insane. And these women, I mean there was I can't remember everybody in the match, but I know that Thekla was in the match, Mama Watatabi was in the match, Mina Shirakawa, Hanako Rina, there was others. I'm sorry I can't remember. But the match was shown for free on YouTube by Stardom, and I believe you can still go watch it if you do find a video from Sunday. The match begins around the thirty five minute mark because there was a few segments before it. Unfortunately, during the match, Mina Shirakawa suffered an injury and it was announced today by Startup that she's going to be out an indefinite amount of time with that injury. I did not see where she got injured. However, there was a segment where she was in the ropes and her opponent grabbed her by the mouth, uh, you know, like rip back on her mouth. And if you don't know, two years ago, Sayakamatadi did a phoenix splash on two of them, actually on Mina shi Kala. The second one she landed on Mina shi Kawa's face and basically broke her jaw and dislided some teeth. And Mina Shi Kaya's reaction after that happened was heartbreaking, It really was. I mean you could tell right away that there was something wrong. Well, during this rope break, what the referee called for the rope break on this match, Mina shehir Kyala immediately grabbed at her mouth. I would not be surprised if she she did fracture her jaw or something in that match. With that move. It was just a it isn't move, you know, It wasn't malicious by any mean shape or form. But the way she grabbed her mat her mouth after that move was broken up by the referee. Was it was pretty much a mirror image of how she grabbed her mouth after the Phoenix splash botch that happened two years ago.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sometimes, you know.
Speaker 1: So I just wanted to bring that up. If you do have a chance to go watch that match, please do because I don't think you'll be disappointed. And also I just wanted to bring it up because I do want to wish Mina Shirakawa a speedy and full and healthy recovery.
Speaker 7: Anybody else with any pot pourri, Yeah, yeah, go ahead, I almost said, I almost said simply it's okay, you go first, net.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you. No, I just want to say, like, you know, a lot of times when we get to the pot pourri, there are topics that look like what they don't look like. I just want to say, like, some of the people on the Jericho Cruise took some a little bit of bad press because they were up there party and having a good time. Man, that's their Halloween Christmas party. Du Let those people go out there and have a great time. That Jericho Cruse looked like it was a blast. Those people work their asses off for us a year round. If they want to go out there and party and have a good time, immerse themselves with the fans, have a couple of beverages, go a little wild. Good for them, Good for them?
Speaker 1: Hell yeah. And I hope that the scoys and girls you know so far killing.
Speaker 5: Most of the people that are complaining about it are the ones that are jealous because they didn't get to go.
Speaker 2: I'm complaining about it.
Speaker 5: It went there, net Okay.
Speaker 2: I had a thought.
Speaker 4: I was watching Collision.
Speaker 5: I know we're in trouble.
Speaker 3: I was watching Collision Saturday, and I was watching Chris Jericho and and I've been thinking with his learning tree and he's always evolving and changing, I think that Chris Jericho is letting his gorgeous blonde hair go white, and he is somehow going to turn this into he is the prophet of a w here to bestow his wisdom on everyone else. I think that's what he's going to do and somehow parlay that into his retirement.
Speaker 1: But I just have a feeling that that's what he's up to, and he's going to become the leader of the righteous ones. Who was what.
Speaker 5: Is that going to be an infringement on what the righteous do now, I mean, that's kind of that's kind of odd.
Speaker 2: Well, uh, my daughter actually has a Pope prix because she's been I didn't here watching us do one. And she said, she's glad that Samoa Joe is back on TV because she gets to see Hook wrestle again.
Speaker 1: And I'm glad that Tom and Joe is back so she can see Hook. What is wrong with her?
Speaker 2: She has a crush on Hook. So we.
Speaker 1: All, we all, that's what.
Speaker 5: That's that's up.
Speaker 1: That's up. He's a cold hearted, handsome double for they don't call him that for nothing.
Speaker 2: This is parenting one O one.
Speaker 5: How is your daughter?
Speaker 2: She's thirteen?
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 5: She's learning about the greatness of what we men are men soap opera.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what, Kelson, this is a great show man. We we really brought this all the way around, dude, we did.
Speaker 1: We brought it from the beginning of the show when we were talking about some breaking news and net to keeping your daughter under lock and key because she's.
Speaker 2: Well you know, arapy. Therapy is cheap.
Speaker 1: So yeah, just watch yourself away.
Speaker 2: Who's bringing it home?
Speaker 4: You are me?
Speaker 1: You can do it go ahead, I get to bring it home well.
Speaker 2: First of the foremost, I want to thank the aw Fan Hub for being president, and everyone on our panel, Max, Steve net Stutton and our fearless leader Kelson. We would not be here if it weren't for you.
Speaker 5: Brother.
Speaker 4: Uh you know we show up.
Speaker 2: We do these pods every single Tuesday ignition at eight forty five. You're welcome to check us out on YouTube, Twitter, blue Sky, wherever you choose to do your social thing. Join us tomorrow night on Wednesday for the post Dynamite review. This is Shane signing out.
Speaker 1: This is Kelson. Good night, everybody, Good night.
Speaker 3: Good everyone.
Speaker 4: That's all we got, folks.
Speaker 1: I'm back any kingstaff, no bring us