Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from kf I am six forty if.
Speaker 2: Nothing else as scary as it is to people and both sides, because this is an excidential exit exitsential, excidential existential threat to humanity in this country if Kamala Harris gets elected or if Donald Trump gets elected.
Speaker 1: And now Handle on the news, Ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle, Good morning.
Speaker 2: Everybody is a Humpday, Wednesday, September eighteenth, cono.
Speaker 3: Thank you for playing.
Speaker 2: That promo goes to show you how professional and how good I am.
Speaker 4: All right, do you know that thing missing was? Ladies and gentlemen, Marconi Award winner?
Speaker 3: I know, Bill Handle. I don't I even mispronounced that. Yeah, all right, Amy. By the way, wait a couple of things.
Speaker 2: First of all, when you go when you uh, when you log off, when you leave your show at five o'clock, uh, well at six o'clock your hour, you think, uh, Traffic specialist Nick and technical director Kono. Why is it that you only refer to me as an a hole and that's the only title you have?
Speaker 3: What is going on?
Speaker 5: I've never said that out loud.
Speaker 3: Well you yeah, well, I know what you mean.
Speaker 2: I know you imply it when you describe who I am.
Speaker 3: I know it's in your heart.
Speaker 5: No, you don't, I love you.
Speaker 3: I know Jimmy Carter in his heart.
Speaker 2: Oh, I have said he has lusted, he has lusted in his heart.
Speaker 3: If he has said that panting, I would believed that she should.
Speaker 4: Call you the uh the technical a whole director.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess.
Speaker 2: Also we've Oh, you're coming close to your jumping off the ledge, the.
Speaker 6: Repelling repelling, trying to make it a little slower than jumping.
Speaker 3: Yeah, repelling, it's uh, it's that who came up with that?
Speaker 2: By the way, I'm not the repel I understand the idea of repelling, but who came up with that promotion? Yeah, jumping off and repelling it's kind of a neat idea. I've never seen anything like that.
Speaker 7: They've done it for quite some time now.
Speaker 2: I think I didn't really as you're talking about for the charity for the Union Rescue Mission.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, okay, anyway, it's.
Speaker 2: Very clever, and if anybody is interested, you go to jumping off the edge, repelling off the edge with a lot of safety gear.
Speaker 3: Dot com is that right?
Speaker 6: Just help the number one dot org. Just help number one dot org. We would love it if you donated.
Speaker 3: I will know, I will donate, I will donate. I always do you know.
Speaker 2: I do not let any pitch on this show asking for money go on.
Speaker 3: Or without me donating.
Speaker 4: I was so impressed built with how they do things at the Union Rescue Mission that they became one of my monthly donation organizations. I just really am blown away at the fact that they get no government money because they want people to work towards their.
Speaker 2: Because they I think it's because they want people to work you.
Speaker 5: Can help forward getting off the streets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's because. I think it's because religion is involved. I don't think that's why. I don't I would guess that. And by the way, I don't know. I'm just speculating.
Speaker 4: It has to do with the fact that they're a dry organization, like you can't come in and use drugs there.
Speaker 2: Would Why would they then not get federal funding or governmental funding because of that?
Speaker 3: That doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 4: Question Bill, investigate, get on, okay, I will do so, And.
Speaker 5: Do you guys see what just happened?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's my life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's surry with legs.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, let's do it.
Speaker 2: Okay, it is time for handle on the news on a Wednesday morning, September eighteenth.
Speaker 3: Lead. Well, it's with Amy and Neil and me.
Speaker 2: Lead storry, We're gonna do this today at seven twenty.
Speaker 3: You know, this is a lesson. And when you go against.
Speaker 2: Israel, just be prepared for some stuff coming back. And this has to do with Hezbelah and Hezblah because Israel has the ability to interfere with communications or to use your own communications for intelligence, much like what the United States does your cell phones other means of communicating.
Speaker 3: So they all went to pagers. Hebelah went to pagers.
Speaker 6: Right, They warned their people, right, you guys, your cell phone communications are not secure.
Speaker 5: Get rid of them. Let's get you pagers instead.
Speaker 3: Right. So here's what Israel does.
Speaker 2: It somehow puts thousands of pagers or puts explosives in thousands of pagers that are brought in that Hesbla bought from his Chinese company, bought in one Fell Swoop and handed out to its members, its militants.
Speaker 3: It's hierarchy, and Israel was.
Speaker 2: Involved in putting explosives and in one Fell Swoop thousands were set off at the same time and exploded, nine people dying, twenty five hundred wounded. And so hisbela, I assume, is now saying, don't use pagers anyway, I'm going to do this story. It's an incredible story of infiltrating just that one aspect of technology.
Speaker 6: And that they did it like six months ago. Yeah, sort of like the I was talking to Jordanna Miller about this. It's like the attack that they did where they took out the Hamas leader. I believe that there was a bomb planet in an apartment for like six months and it really was there and then exploded it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean they do that. They put in the explore when you have.
Speaker 2: A well planned act of either terror that's what the victims say, or an act of militancy, and that's justified as what those who in fact engage in it. You know what well planned, and Israel does its planning. I mean, Israel does its planning very well.
Speaker 4: Do we know how many civilian casualties there were?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, I assuming they're all civilians because as oh, I mean nons, they don't know. All were being told as twenty five hundred people were wounded.
Speaker 3: Nine died, including a child.
Speaker 7: And we don't know who the child is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but this is hasblah is handing this out for its own members, its own purpose.
Speaker 3: So this is not the general population.
Speaker 5: Deal or no deal.
Speaker 6: Fifty million dollars to make bail and the judge says, nope, no deal.
Speaker 5: Sean Diddy Coombs is expected to be.
Speaker 6: Back in court this afternoon to appeal a federal judge's decision to keep him in jail without bail. This followed his not guilty plea in federal court to charges of racketeering, conspiracy, sex trafficking, and transportation to engage in prostitution.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that story is coming up at seven o'clock and there this goes back thirty years with this guy, and the accusations are incredible. I'm going to talk a little bit more about that at seven and give you some facts.
Speaker 4: The Federal Reserve is expected to announce today that it's cutting interest rates for such move in more than four years they've been doing what about, you know, a quarter point or something like that. They're looking at doing a half point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a big deal. When they were raising rates, it was going up like crazy and now they're bringing it down. They're bringing it down faster than really. A lot of people thought this has to do with they look at inflation, and inflation either starts going really high or you have inflation going too slowly. It's just it's not it's the economy isn't hot enough. So this looks like inflation is coming under control. That's what the FED is thinking. You know, the Fed is wrong half the time. Half the time.
Speaker 3: You know, it's a spin.
Speaker 7: No, you're better.
Speaker 2: I think if you take and you know, you take a monkey and you give it a dart and throw the economy inflation, you have it on our dartboard and you throw it at That's about how well the FED does.
Speaker 4: Then guessing, Wow, it's a bright sunny Wednesday morning with Bill Handle.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, now we've started. We've just started.
Speaker 6: Does the lack of a stopover send a message? US Secretary of State Anthony Blincoln is on his way to Egypt, but apparently he's not going to make a stop in Israel this time, and this will be the first time since the October seventh attack that Blincoln has visited the Middle East without visiting Israel. This apparently the US has been pushing and pushing to get that ceasefire deal, but it's looking less likely that it's going to happen before Biden leaves off.
Speaker 2: No, it won't happen, and it's not going to happen no matter who takes office in January. It's the only way that Israel can be forced to come to the table is if the United States simply cuts off arms and says, okay, we're done, You're not getting any American arms anymore. That would bring them forward. However, politically that would be suicide because you have a lot more pro Israel people in America then you do pro Hamas or Gaza, and then you have just the internal politics of Israel. How big are the demonstration is going to get an Israel to bring home the hostages.
Speaker 3: And then you have all of the politics here.
Speaker 2: You can't imagine politically cutting off arms to make this thing happen. The United Stations couldn't do it. So it's a complicated mess. But the bottom line, it looks like Blincoln is going to Egypt just to enjoy authentic Egyptian food and that's it.
Speaker 3: He wants to see the pyramids, all right.
Speaker 4: The Biden Administration submitted a special request to congressional committees back in August. They were asking for a boost of funding for the US Secret Service. Now, this was weeks leading up to their desires, weeks leading up to and after the twenty twenty four election. They're saying that there's insufficient rese sources for the agency if the request is not granted. Now, this happened just after some time after the attempt on former President Donald Trump back in July in Butler, Pennsylvania.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm going to argue I'm going to talk about this at seven thirty.
Speaker 3: I'm going to argue that.
Speaker 2: The issue is there not enough resources with the Secret Service.
Speaker 7: There is.
Speaker 3: There are a lot of other issues involved.
Speaker 2: Particularly assassination attempt number one and then assassination Attempt number two. The Secret Service did everything it was supposed to do. I mean, more funding for the Secret Service wouldn't have changed anything.
Speaker 3: So that's coming up at seven thirty. I'll jump into that.
Speaker 5: Purp Walk posts.
Speaker 6: So there's a sheriff in Florida who said he is sick and tired of all of these threats being made to schools, and you know they're not credible threats, but kids are making them. So he says, you know what, I'm going to start posting mudge mugshots of anyone who does this. And I think he made that threat on Friday, and yesterday he made good on it. He posted a mugshot of an eleven year old kid. Said, we got to know who these people are and we've got to put them in the spotlight so this will stop.
Speaker 2: I want to know if the law says, and this is this is Florida, so this is state by state.
Speaker 3: I don't think, for example.
Speaker 2: In California, by law, a sheriff, for any kind of a police official could post a picture and keep in mind, this is this kid has not been convicted and he's a minor, and everything stays sealed. And what the sheriff has done is literally post his picture of this kid getting arrested. And then the argument is what happens if he is not convicted or they have the wrong kid, or or so. I mean, I'm fine with posting. I'm fine with arresting five year olds, you know who act out. I don't care. Like my kids were small, I mean at four, I would threaten to have them arrested.
Speaker 7: I'm sure they wouldn't have minded.
Speaker 2: Thank you for that, which is why. And I'm paying the therapy bills now if I had known, you know.
Speaker 7: You caused your own problem. I like that.
Speaker 4: He said, if you don't want to raise your kids, I'm going to raise them for you. Basically, the sheriff's going. You know what, you got your troublemakers all right. Senate Republicans blocked a Democratic bill to provide a nationwide right to IVF treatments. It was the second time Senate Democrats tried and failed to advance the measure bill.
Speaker 7: What's the.
Speaker 4: Do you know why the Republicans give a rats ask about that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because, as they say, and their position is, this is simply pandering.
Speaker 3: This is a political move because every state allows IVF. I mean, is there some are there some lakes to this bill?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a right which is not a federal right, and mandating insurance companies to cover IVF, which only a very few states have. But the argument is, and this is the pandering goes on on both sides. I don't know you can for example, for example, Kamala Harris and Donald Trump, they're hopscotching over each other to see who can pander most to the voters, which made none of it makes sense. Pamela Kamala Harris twenty five thousand dollars down payment, six thousand dollars credit for first first year.
Speaker 3: No one is arguing, how are you going to pay for this?
Speaker 2: And then Donald Trump no taxes on tips, no taxes on over on, on working more than forty hours or eight hours a day, overtime, no taxes on that. We're not going to tax any of that. Tell me that's not pandering. How do you pay for that? You know, the deficit this year is gonna be one point nine trillion dollars the deficit.
Speaker 3: What happened to the deficit? Hawks?
Speaker 2: What's going? Where is it that, Hey, we're spending too much money. Both sides are screaming at spending more money because they're both pandering. This is you know, I mean this bill said, Yeahti, who's stopping IVF?
Speaker 3: Who is stopping IVF anywhere in this country?
Speaker 4: Well that's what I'm saying. Who has an issue with IVF that you would be pandering to?
Speaker 2: Well, the only issue is getting insurance companies to pay for it. You know that is a big issue because it's considered elective, And the argument is this is a medical condition.
Speaker 3: Infertility is a medical condition. This is not elective. IVF is not elective surgery.
Speaker 2: And I've been I've been fighting this fight since nineteen eighty is when I first got involved, just as IVF was in its earliest stages. Remember, nineteen seventy eight was the first IVF baby ever born, Louise Brown.
Speaker 3: Not very right either, I might add.
Speaker 4: Really, what what is is viagra paid for by insurance for any ed?
Speaker 7: You know what?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know because I buy mine on the street.
Speaker 2: Uh, I'm I'm too embarrassed to tell my doctor that I can't.
Speaker 3: Get any wood, so uh, I just buy it on three corners.
Speaker 7: What great? Thank you for that? Okay, on street corners.
Speaker 4: And the illegal stuff is just duct tape and a popsicle stick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got me on that. I don't know if that's covered.
Speaker 6: Is typically not covered by insurance, but the generic version is covered by many private health insurance plans.
Speaker 3: And okay, got it. So that that's the argument.
Speaker 2: There is formularies where name brands are not allowed, but the generic brands are. You know, For example, I have pill le Michdel that I take, as you know, by the handful, to bring my out of control uh life down Jesus, and I get that from Kaiser. Uh, but they won't give me the Limital brand. They give me the generic. So uh, the answer is yes, it is covered by insurance. Amy if the generic is covered, why coo?
Speaker 4: What about what about the over the counter stuff at the at the convenience store?
Speaker 7: Is that covered for ED?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: But it works.
Speaker 3: Uh, thank you.
Speaker 2: I mean all that stuff you mean the yeah, the non medical stuff, the oh yeah, oh yeah, yeah, the supplemental stuff. This is not meant to at the bottom all of the disclaimers, this is not meant to cure, diagnose or any disease or any erection that you may have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, all right, We'll take a break. Uh, let's just move on changing gears.
Speaker 6: Remember when Thano said in Avengers End Endgame, I am inevitable. Well, there's a whistleblower who said that the tragedy on that Titan submersible that imploded on its way down to see the Titanic was inevitable. He testified to US Coast Guard investigators that he had warned of potential safety problems before he was fired in twenty eighteen, but says he was ignored. He said that Titan bypassed all kinds of standard rules, said there was all kinds of issues with all of the times that they went on these little expeditions, and that it was all about the money, not about the safety.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't even know how much they charged people to go down, but you could buy a trip down to see the Titan.
Speaker 7: Two hundred and fifty thousand apiece.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I don't remember.
Speaker 2: But so anyway, it imploded and they're trying to figure out what happened, and you know, we know what happened. It was a substandard, substandard construction on there. And you remember the first press conference that came out from the company when it was when it was reported that everybody was lost.
Speaker 3: Oops, that was.
Speaker 2: It, And then they made it a little bit more expansive later on. Okay, by the way, it's not too soon. Remember tragedy plus time equals comedy.
Speaker 4: Tragedy plus handle equals tragedy.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 4: The st I rates are skyrocketing among baby boo boomers. The rise the rising STI rates for older adults can be explained in part by comforts of the twenty first century life. You're talking older adults living and staying sexually active longer, you.
Speaker 7: Know, medical advances and all of that, and they're.
Speaker 4: More likely to yeah true, actually to live in senior communities and have multiple partners. But they're less likely to know about, you know, preventative tools.
Speaker 2: Now may not know because you know, we grew up I'm a boomer and we grew up being told old about you have to use condoms for prevention. And although in those days aides that didn't happen, herpes didn't happen. When I was growing up, it was effectively only penicillin did at all. You have five hundred thousand year it's penicillin in your button. You were done. Uh, But it's today str you know, the STDs are.
Speaker 4: It's it's you're not going to get it from yourself handle So you're fine.
Speaker 2: No, no, but I tell you, you know, there's there's a huge rise in uh STDs.
Speaker 3: I mean you go to the you know, doctors around there are.
Speaker 2: Reporting these open superating shankers that are just uh, anybody having breakfast.
Speaker 4: But you know people maybe older people don't go and have you know, STI checks the same.
Speaker 2: Well, no, but the and they stood, and they stood like crazy in these senior centers.
Speaker 7: Good for them, you know, enjoy yourself. Yeah, I don't know yourself.
Speaker 2: I don't live in a scene your center. And you know, what can I tell you? I mean, if I did, I'll report.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 4: With d being arrested, there may be some baby oil back on the market.
Speaker 3: Oh that's a good point. That's good, right, bottles of it, A thousand bottles of baby oil.
Speaker 6: All right, Well, we may all be at risk, but at least actors are going to be protected. Governor Newsom has signed a law aimed at protecting Hollywood actors and performers from unauthorized artificial intelligence. Actually it's kind of a cool thing that could be used to create digital clones of themselves without their consent. Newsom said in signing the bill. We continue to wag through unchartered territory when it comes to how AI and digital media is transforming the entertainment industry. But our north star has always been to protect the workers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're going to see people who are no longer alive, who have just broken in their careers over because it's going to be AI and it's going to be clones.
Speaker 5: Well that's what this is going to stop.
Speaker 2: Right theoretically, Yeah, it should. It should at least it'll go in the right direction. Do you remember John Wayne? Of course you do. And do you remember Great Western Savings. He was a spokesperson for Great Western Savings and he was one of the first robo calls. And about six months after he died, I got a call, Hi, this is John Wayne on behalf of Great Western Savings. And then the recording started to go in how great Western Savings is or was at that time, And I'm screaming into the phone, but you're dead. Do you understand you are dead? This does not make sense. I think the same thing is going to happen on it, and it is happening on a much more sophisticated level.
Speaker 3: And so I'm okay with that. I mean that they.
Speaker 4: Should have put an echo on it, like a reverb or something. Hello, Yeah, this is John Wayne. Yeah from your own he. Instagram yesterday announced its most dramatic effort yet to protect young users. I love this because of the dangers that go along with social media platforms.
Speaker 7: So the new.
Speaker 4: Teen account settings will automatically make millions of teen accounts private. It's going to restrict what kinds of content they can see and use and be a part of This all came out, you know, three years or so after the Facebook papers first drew mass attention about the risks of using these I have a question.
Speaker 2: You have these programs, right, these guardrails that keep kids.
Speaker 3: Under the agents.
Speaker 2: Let's say eighteen cannot get on this platform or can't or can't use it.
Speaker 3: How do they know if they asked the question, are you under eighteen? Click yes, I am.
Speaker 6: Now what We talked to Rich Damiro about this, and he said that they have all these different things in their algorithm that they're tracking, and they know who we are, and it's designed to catch them if they're trying to fake.
Speaker 5: The older than six.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah you have.
Speaker 2: If you have used the Internet before and you use Facebook or YouTube or Instagram, yeah, you're probably saying enough stuff through it that or chats. You're probably saying enough stuff that they can determine what your age is.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll buy that.
Speaker 7: They know everything, Bill, Yeah everything.
Speaker 5: Republican.
Speaker 6: Republican lawmakers may be making another attempt to stop the demo Democrats. I would call it a feudal attempt probably, But the Democrats in the legislature are working to advance another bill that would provide unemployment benefits to illegal immigrants.
Speaker 3: Of course, yeah, of course, this is California. How unusual.
Speaker 2: And you wonder why so many illegal migrants come here to California. Effectively, what the Democratic legislature is saying, there's no such thing as an illegal alien.
Speaker 3: It doesn't exist. It's the everybody is.
Speaker 2: The same, notwithstanding how they got into this country. And it's just it drives me completely nuts, as it does a.
Speaker 3: Lot of people.
Speaker 2: All Right, Before we veil, I want to remind you this afternoon, the Dodgers take on the Marlins in Miami with the first pitch at three forty. Listen to every play on AM five to seventy LA. Stream all games at HD on the iHeartRadio app Keyword AM five seventy LA Sports. The best casino in the Southland is Morongo Casino Resort and SPA and Neil, what kind of times is it a Morongo?
Speaker 3: Good time time?
Speaker 2: All right, KFI AM six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 2: Catch my show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.