Speaker 1: One O three one Austin dot com.
Speaker 2: All right, everyone, thanks for being with us. It's the JB and Sandy Show. Don't forget you and grab the podcast version of the show. Just search JB and Sandy on the iHeartRadio app. My name is Sandy, This is JB. Hello, Trisha's here too. Hi everybody, and away we go. I've got something. Yesterday we started the show with a funny thing about jen X. I've got another one. My algorithms now is just full of them. We'll get to that in just a moment. But first, if we could give Trisha some recognition. Maybe if we had a small trophy, we would give it to her, but we don't. But we'll just give her some adulation and congratulations on having the longest consecutive streak of all the women we've ever worked with, all fine, wonderful women putting on makeup in.
Speaker 3: The morning, not making you look at them makeup, Liss.
Speaker 2: It wasn't never that. It was it is never. It was never that.
Speaker 1: But we're just on video more now, more pressure, more pressure.
Speaker 4: Right, what if one of these videos goes viral and I look like I live under a bridge.
Speaker 3: I got to put a little bit of effort into it, right.
Speaker 2: It's a big difference. There was someone you were talking about that you saw without up. Who was it.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna say the name.
Speaker 2: Hala Anderson.
Speaker 3: That is an amazing example.
Speaker 4: I'm one of those people that I look pretty good with makeup on. When I don't have makeup on, it's like it's hard to tell that it's the same person. Like I look incredibly different. And somebody on local television was doing a report and did not have any makeup on, and I was like, you're just like me.
Speaker 3: You don't look like you without makeup on.
Speaker 2: She got called in on some bad weather or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love her.
Speaker 4: But it made me feel a little better, like, oh, it's not just me that looks so vastly different with and without makeup on.
Speaker 1: Don't you have like different levels of makeup? Oh yeah, there's that. I'm just gonna run Errand's makeup versus going out to a nice event make up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just gonna run.
Speaker 4: Aeron's makeup is a little mascara and a little lip gloss, brush your hair.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And the event is.
Speaker 4: The whole, the whole thing that all of the items that you can put on your face.
Speaker 3: You put on your.
Speaker 1: Face, how long before it's a robotic arm in your front of your bathroom window or mirror. Yes, once you get it, once you get it right, it just knows and you just sit there and and it just applies it.
Speaker 4: I told Sandy that if we win the lottery, I'm hiring a chef to cook for us every day, and somebody to dry my hair and put my makeup on me every day. Really, I hate all of those things. I hate them.
Speaker 2: What about a mask you could just lay on your face, let it sit for thirty seconds, you peel it off, and your makeup's done.
Speaker 3: That would be incredible. It's invent that, all.
Speaker 2: Right, we'll do that today later on. So this is pretty funny. So my algorithm is now full of like things about generation X, which all of us are, and I'm guessing most of the people listening to us are. I don't know the exactly. I think the dates of Jena are like sixty five to are sixty two to seventy three or something like that. If you're born in that window, and this says I was at a leadership conference and one of the speakers was talking about generational strife, and she talked to Slash about the boomers, and then the Millennials, and then the Zoomers, and then she said, gen X, I didn't forget about you, even though the rest of the world has. But I have no advice for you for a few reasons. First, you don't need it. You're the most independent, self sufficient generation in the history of mankind, and there is literally nothing I can teach you. Second, even if I did have something to tell you, you wouldn't care. Third, the reason we ignore you is because we're all terrified of you. If the zombie apocalypse ever happens, we're all hiding behind you. Somehow, you gen X, will know what to do.
Speaker 3: I love that incredibly true. It's like an ode to gen X.
Speaker 2: Right. We were out there, just feral, just running around. I am. I remind my daughter of that all the time.
Speaker 1: She's twenty three now, and I'm like, and this was even when she was eighteen. I was like, when I was this age, my parents didn't know where I was. I might not talk to him for several months, and what what. I can't fathom that because we talked to her like three times a day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and you can track him on the phone now and to see exactly where they are.
Speaker 4: I just read an article that parents are using the find my app to track their kids, but now kids are reversing that and using it to track their parents. And if they see their parents whore at a Starbucks, they'll text him to get them something, or they'll show up, or if they're at a restaurant, they'll drop in and bomb their parents and get a free meal out of the thing.
Speaker 2: I can't believe how many kids, like Landry and her friends they track each other. They all of them are like, we were up at We were up at Henry Middle School, Landry and I doing a like the track workout, just running, and all of a sudden one of her friends showed up and she's like, I saw you guys were here, so I thought I'd joined your workout. Like, okay, that's weird. Yeah yeah, I'm like, okay, cool, it's fine. Yeah it is. Boy. I'm glad that technology wasn't around when I was there. Oh my gosh, I now a lot of Sandy. What were you doing at Blank? How did you get into Blank? Sandy, You're not old enough to get in there. I'm in a lot of that. So we all three point one Austin's eighties station. It's the JB and Sandy Show. A lot of people that disagree with the Governor Abbott on a lot of things are now finding themselves in agreement with one thing. We'll get to it in just a moment. It's the JB and Sandy Show. And JV was it you that brought up the other day that you run three sixty and you were talking about the construction and all the stuff that's going on there and you had an update about it.
Speaker 1: It's crazy what's going on there? Well, the question I had is when will this be done? And I think it's going to be fall of next year. It was definitely in twenty twenty six. But man, it's you know, it's funny. I remember so when you and I started on the radio in the mid nineties here and we both lived in Northwest Austin worked in Westlake, so we were regular three sixty commuters.
Speaker 2: YEP.
Speaker 1: I remember us having a conversation in the late nineties saying, you know, you might want to be proactive and make these over and underpasses because this is going to become a major thoroughfare. Yeah, like how long that long ago we were screaming about it, like this is going to be a problem. And I remember saying another one, another one we talked about when they were redoing that intersection at fifth and sixth and Lamar that all right, that like make that go under. This is gonna be a this is gonna be important later. Yeah, I was like, can't you make fifth and six go under?
Speaker 2: Lamar? I said the same thing when they added one lane to Mopack. I was like, at the rate people are moving, I don't think one lane is gonna really gonna help a whole lot. Yeah, it really hasn't, to be honest with you, so uh yeah that if you haven't been on three sixty, especially near the bridge it's on the south side, it's just a mess. I mean it's confusing as hell too. I can't believe there's not more accidents. Right.
Speaker 4: It's like being on a racetrack too, with all the barrels and the cones and stuff.
Speaker 2: I you know what, It's funny.
Speaker 1: I mentioned I was up at that what the iHeart offices are right by the three sixty bridge, And last time you and I were up there as I was pulling out from there. I didn't realize I was pulling. I thought it was like a lane I could go and merge into. I pulled right out into three point sixty. Yeah, it almost got whacked.
Speaker 3: I come on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was very confusing. I think you know what I'm talking about because you're in that office a lot more.
Speaker 2: Yep, it's dangerous, dangerous. Just be careful and hopefully when it's done, it'll be better. That's all we can hope for.
Speaker 4: Really, the stories we love Good Morning Live from the luster Hold Studio.
Speaker 3: Here is Trisha Dealisha all right?
Speaker 4: So Governor Greg Abbott vetoed one of the most scrutinized bills in the legislative session, which was a total ban on all consumable hymp products that contain the chemical that has the intoxicating effect in cannabis.
Speaker 3: He vetoed the ban so and then.
Speaker 4: Called the special session so they can continue to talk about it. So people are on both sides of the issue. That people who wanted to have the band are the ones who are saying that it's an unregulated wild West out there.
Speaker 3: It's needs more regulation.
Speaker 4: Some of the packaging is attractive to it's hard to tell what has the THHC in it.
Speaker 3: What doesn't The.
Speaker 4: People who were for the band are the hemp industry and the farmers who make their living off of the hemp that they grow, and people who need the.
Speaker 3: THHD for medicinal purposes.
Speaker 4: So he just stopped it and is calling a special session to continue to discuss it, to figure out how to regulate it so it works for everybody.
Speaker 1: It's an interesting thing because it's it's just in Texas. It's a billion dollar industry being shut down over night.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Now, I think the real answer is to just to legalize marijuana and regulate that and just be, you know, catch up with the rest of the country. Like that's huge revenue for the state, and it's and it's you know, it is kind of it's kind of the wild West on who's making it and what the potency is. And yeah, I get I mean straight up, honest, I get legal medicinal. That's the answer. If you need medicinal, you can get it. He's gonna go through the process.
Speaker 4: And that that you get medicinally is regulated, right, you know what you're getting.
Speaker 3: It's not just really it's not it's not.
Speaker 1: A surprise like some of the ones before I had that. I mean, there's some Delta eight, Delta nine surprises I've had, and I don't use it for recreation.
Speaker 2: I use it for sleep. But there's one kind I bought. I just was like I couldn't get out of bed for.
Speaker 1: Next I mean, it was like, the potency is not consistent. But the other real answer is just to make it legal in Texas. Come on, it's it's it's pretty interesting. I'm reading some of the comments now.
Speaker 2: When you when you hear these, when you hear THC and Veto put together by Governor Abbott Veto, you think that he's like against it, right, He's not.
Speaker 1: He was.
Speaker 2: He voted against banning, yes, so the ban right. A lot of people on Reddit are saying things like this. I'm ninety nine point nine percent of the time on the opposite end of the political spectrum of Governor Abbott, but for five whole seconds today, I'm appreciative of him. So it's the people that would normally come down on the governor are kind of happy with it. He's like someone else commented, this is all reasonable. Wait is he still the governor? You know? Things like that, So I'm surprised. Yeah, I don't know a whole lot about this world, to be honest with you. The people are using it for to feel better, right.
Speaker 1: Well, it's in a lot of it's infused in a lot of drinks. Now you know, there's there's CBD, and there's even THHC drinks that just mellow people out. Like if this was all legal, this is just a hypothetical. Let's say all THHD was legal and alcohol was a new substance being introduced to the market. Yeah, they'd be banning that. Yeah, and look at how many places you can buy alcohol legally, Like yeah, right, I mean it's that alcohol.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's a whole that's in my opinion, it's way worse than any type of hippie right, And.
Speaker 1: There's a there's I think gen xers are the last generation to love alcohol. We've done earlier. Younger generations look at it as it's pretty silly, and they're probably going to lead better lives. Probably fewer lives will be ruined by marijuana or any kind of THC variable than alcohol.
Speaker 2: So you don't think there's anybody out there against the regulation of THC. Right, There's no one that's saying, Okay, some some regulation. Let's like with with with alcohol, right right, I mean.
Speaker 1: When this when this started taking off with the delta eight and stuff, I mean this sky what is what is delta See that's how that's that's how it was. It was a loophole that that made this surge happen. Delta eight Delta nine are a variable of of himp okay that that it has the same effects of like legal marijuana, similar effects. It was a loophole where they started doing it. It's like, oh, it's not really marijuana, but it is okay. Anyhow, when this surge took off, my daughter was dating this idiot that was making it. It's not regulated, you know what I mean. It's just he was a bonehead and he was making this thing.
Speaker 2: Is it synthetic like you could make it in your kitchen or I don't know the answer to that. I don't know how he was doing He said he was making it.
Speaker 1: I was just like, well he was ashine, Well you had a product and it was all package. It looked legit. But it's like any ding dong was was making this stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So one of the points that they made is to read one of the reasons that needs to be regulated is because people at cops in Dallas best to three different warehouses. They found seven million dollars worth of THHC and the concentrations in the among all of the what was it, seventy five thousand pounds, the concentrations ranged from seven percent to seventy eight percent, and the state regulation threshold is.
Speaker 3: Point three percent.
Speaker 4: So you have absolutely no idea what you're getting with it being non regulated.
Speaker 2: That's that's the problem.
Speaker 4: Seventy eight percent. My gosh, maybe you're saying just.
Speaker 2: Legalization and then regulated and solves this problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's a lot of tax revenue that maybe we could put towards education.
Speaker 2: Like we did the lotto.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just like a lot of Yeah, did the schools get better when we legalized a lot of.
Speaker 4: But also, guys, the the weed, the pot that they're growing now, it's not the same thing that people were smoking back in the sixties and seventies. It's so it's not just something in somebody's closet that you're buying.
Speaker 3: You have no idea what's in it.
Speaker 4: Apparently can have a seventy eight percent concentration rate.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's not Jesus Belts days