Speaker 1: Ah.
Speaker 2: The the whole state is just the gift that keeps on given. So we got one of those coming up, and I will engage in a little bit of victim blaming little bit. I don't like to do it, but I feel it's going to be necessary here. I'll explain here in just a few moments. Also on the show, let's see here Trump was correct what he told Billy Bush. Yeah, yeah, that thing right where if you're famous, the women they just they fall all over you. How do I know? This is Oregon congress woman outside at a rally yesterday, trying to you know, get people pumped up for there. I just get to stroke their tds and oh boy, here we go.
Speaker 3: I just I've been told I have thirty seconds, So I am gonna tell you that we do have to. I don't swear in public very well, but we.
Speaker 2: Have to Trump what I'm sure you have to. You have to. I can't play obviously the word on the air, but it's it rhymes with luck again. First of all, you know, and uh probably probably him as well. But okay, all right, love that clip. That'll uh that'll just live an infamy down here one more time.
Speaker 3: I just I've been told I have thirty seconds, so I am gonna tell you that we do have to I don't swear in public very well.
Speaker 4: But we have to trump.
Speaker 2: What what kills me about? Its look? Obviously she doesn't mean that. Why are they cheering? Right? Because you hear it and she didn't put the word over. I don't even know what she was going for. And yeah, maybe that's what she was going for, but she meant it the other way. But obviously it sounds like the other thing. And then all those seals are clapping. Somebody needs to explain that to me. There's two things I need explain to me, and I'm gonna do the thing where I lean in on some of our military listeners or ex military, because there were two things that happened yesterday and I'm not quite clear how this happens. Okay, One, well, actually let me start. Let me start in Germany and this literally just happened overnight obviously with the time change there. All right, so you know that Pete Hegseth is over, he's doing the whole European swing and so he's in is it Stutgart? Stutgart? You know, we got big old military base there and uh, you know, and it's big enough that you have schools on it. You know, it's its own little city there. Pretty big city actually, So hegg says, shows up and one of the students at the middle school on base. I want to be abundantly clear that this is literally on base. So these kids, I mean, who could? I mean, kids of military members, civilian contractors. I guess I don't know who all gets to go. So I'm flying a little blind on this. And I'm sure many of you have probably spent time in Germany. Tim Walls did, and then Italy and then he didn't want to do the other thing. So how does that work? And here's why I'm asking this. And then you had a group of protesters yesterday, so the kids were walking out protesting Pete Hegseth extensively their parents' boss. If you think about that, think about if you came to where if you're at work today and one of your punk kids shows up with a bunch of their buddies and they literally go into your boss's office and start protesting them. How would that work out for you? And how does that work on a military base. And I'm asking this because I and you tell me if it's true or not. I have family members that did career military, and it was my understanding that if their kids jacked around on base, it literally could impact them. Is that true? Right? Is that? Is that a thing all right, like ends up in the record that their kids out there doing something. It doesn't necessarily have to be protesting, rightther go commit a crime on base or something steal something like? It was told That's what was told to me. So the few times I would go visit them there when I was much younger, uh, that is what i'd be to Maybe my mom was just wanting me not to be a little brat. I don't know, but help me out here. Is that if your kid jack's around and I know that this isn't criminal per se, but it's just like, you know, so much of the military is about good order, I guess, and this does doesn't seem like it. Also, they're middle school kids. What did the teacher put them up to? It? Military spouses? And then there were a bunch of adults protesting on uh here in the US on one of our military installations. Who the hell are they? It looked like mostly women, So I'm going to assume those are spouses. I've never seen a protest on a military base, and I'm sure it's probably happened. I don't know, but like, it just it boggles my mind. And the reason it does is like, how do you get in there to do it? How do you get in there to do it? Every time I've gone on a military base, it's like it's a whole process, and I'm obviously I'm not in the military. Uh and uh, let's see. When I went to Seymour Johnson for a retirement, it was a retirement for one of our one of our listeners actually who we'd gotten to know, and he also was in charge of the armory, so we got to go shoot some stuff, so thank you for that. But so we went to the event and I was staying on in the motel that's on the base, so it was literally in the base. And what I didn't realize and I should have, is the time because we then had the event was on base for the actual ceremony, here's your shadow box, here's the whole thing, Thanks for your service, And then we had a party off base and I stayed a little too long, and so by the time I got back to the gate, there. They were just gonna let me in there, Like it turned into a whole thing, and eventually like three airmen are there and then one of them literally I had literally have like a military I'd call it an escort, but like more of a babysitter to go the short distance from the gate over to the hotel and then you know, get in there and don't leave there. So like, how are they organizing protests on base? Man? All right, so here we go. No, I understand that it's essentially US soil, right, I don't disagree with that, even if it's over in Germany. And I don't think these kids don't have a First Amendment right. However, when you're in a military setting, like they restrict some of your rights. Like if you remember the military and you you're mad at your CEO, you just can't go up to them and be like and start screaming at you can It's not probably gonna go well for you. And it's disruptive the one in the there because now military security, well we got China literally sending people taking pictures of our bases. Right now, what are they doing now? They're they're dealing with a bunch of lunatics holding signs, screaming, you know, screaming at their spouse's boss. It's wild stuff, man. So you're gonna have to help me out here, because again I asked what my mom told me, but she also would design ways to keep us in order, and I can respect that. But it's just it was so weird watching this yesterday.
Speaker 5: Hey, yeah, I just want to let you know you're spot on with everything that you're saying. You can lose your privileges and everything. And as far as the kids, the teachers, the teachers for D O D they're especially overseas, are very the politics are not right, they're kind of left, and so for the kids to protest, I could definitely see that. Yeah, those guys so worried they're going to be canceled out by Trump and tech SA.
Speaker 2: Well, here's what somebody he's sending me an email, which makes sense. He said that he was literally stationed there, and he said that a bunch of the American soldiers are married to German women and their politics are pretty socialists, so it's not surprising that those might be their kids. Does that track for you?
Speaker 6: It does?
Speaker 5: It does, because that's the whole reason they're over in Europe, especially Germany. Germany is a very you know, kind of left leaning country and so the politics kind of a line with that mentality and that viewpoints. So definitely definitely agree with that. I witnessed some very you know, unique cultural celebration ceremonies over there that I couldn't believe how many senior leaders are involved in. So yeah, I definitely could see that, And definitely, you know, you are worried about your privileges when you're overseas because they're bestowed upon you and you're told when you process in that you can lose and your kids are no excuse, you know, the kids act up, you can lose them because of their actions on base.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, Well, I just the whole thing was weird because I've just never seen anything like that, And there's something deeply ironic about even middle schoolers standing on what is essentially German soil, even though it's a US military, screaming fascist. It's pete hegseth.
Speaker 5: So it didn't surprise me the when you were saying that. It was like, oh, yeah, I can definitely see that.
Speaker 2: All right, sir, Well, thank you very much for the background there. All right, I have a good one. All right, let's see. Yeah, that's the other part they were calling hegseets a fascist while in Germany. Like maybe maybe the teachers didn't organize it, but they sure as hell didn't teach them stuff. Yes, David, what's up?
Speaker 1: I was just calling in.
Speaker 7: I agree with the last collar. Definitely, the dependents can definitely lose their privileges to base and it's completely up to the base commander. Also, he could ship them back to the continent of.
Speaker 2: The United States or what's the base we just gave the Taliban. Maybe send some of them there.
Speaker 7: Uh, yeah, that would be a good thing. Some of them need that gun training.
Speaker 2: But man, I'm just kidding twelve. At the end of the day, these kids are like twelve years old, so you know, I was twelve. We're not so smart.
Speaker 7: Sometimes, right, Well, they would ship they would ship the military member back to a guardian or the spout have to go back to. But then the military member would receive lower ratings on his angle report.
Speaker 2: And yeah, what I'm wondering, I'm wondering if the kids can impact the actual service member mom or dad or whoever it is. And I don't know. I thought the way you punish people is you send them to a weather a weather station in Alaska or something. That's what I was seeing in the movie.
Speaker 7: Always a bad timement.
Speaker 2: No, that's true. Plus you got Harp up there seeing screw with everyone's weather. All right, thanks David, appreciate it. All right. Isn't that what they do? You're gonna be manning a weather station and know them by the end of the day or whatever. So uh, I'll look at all right. So literally, I'm uh, that's all. Always do the military questions early because y'all are up so early, and and but you're not on base yet, so I can't speak to Germany. But I was stationed in Japan in the late eighties and dependent crime resulted in dependent children literally being barred from the bat How do you what do you even do? I guess now you have to rent a place off base. But if you live on base and your kids pent from the base, what do you do unless your kid's annoying? And then you're like a peace But probably not? He said, wait, hold on, it's more of this email, the unstated emphasis, well, this is late eighty oh, this is wild all right, Parents get to deal with that and what they do next. During my time, the unstated emphasis was to return the child to the States to be cared by for a relative. Yeah, I bet they that's not so much forty years later, because that's what we're talking now. If the child is then discovered on base after this a poop tsunami, I have to change this. I couldnt golf your military career. Yeah again, they're twelve. I don't know. The German spouses thing makes sense, the I guess. And what our other caller was saying there just really the politics. But you're in Germany screaming fascism at a dude, and you don't even understand any of the things, any of the pieces of that puzzle. So deeply ironic, all right, eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven. For it's just I was I was texting ross with our old boss Brian the bad board up yesterday, and he's just we're just talking like this is the easiest money that talk radio is ever gonna make. When Trump's in office, right, it's just like his every single day, and then the cast of characters surrounding him, and the cast of characters also involves the media and horny congresswimming from Oregon.
Speaker 3: I just I've been told I have thirty seconds, so I am going to tell you that we do have.
Speaker 8: To I don't.
Speaker 3: Swear in public very well, but we.
Speaker 9: Have to Trump.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, your early menopause is showing, so let me shut that off there. Okay, all right, we'll get to our Florida Man story too. I'm very excited about that. We got Joy Reid losing her mind speaking a cast of characters, Joy Behart losing her mind. It's the amount of Joys that are ironically named is pretty staggering in all of this. Let's go ahead and do my Florida Man story, shall we?
Speaker 9: Okay, Florida Man. Florida Man is something in the water they error sand that they should.
Speaker 10: Do all that crazy crap. It's like the state is wanta be dumb ass trapped. Nowhere else has the Florida Man.
Speaker 9: It is almost like as the Weird Factor climbs and you find out it happened in Florida. Every time Florida Man, Florida Man. If anyone can jeer me, if you.
Speaker 10: Know, you can, just mind life be crazy. But of course, but it's not as pad crap, crazy as yours. Nowhere else are you gonna find him? They're so used to it, they don't find him.
Speaker 8: Hooray for Florida man.
Speaker 2: All right. So I don't like to engage in victim blaming, but sometimes sometimes it is worthwhile to analyze how we got to whatever we got to, write whatever happened. Like if you're in the if you're in a really bad part of town alone at night, walking down the street, counting out a stack of hundreds, and you get robbed. I mean, I don't want you to get robbed, but you're an idiot. What are you doing? All right, let's head to Florida, shall we. A Florida lawyer found himself on the wrong side of the justice system after he allegedly smashed a dinner plate over a man's head during a fight at a wedding reception. Mark roer Rower, I don't know how to pronounce that a lawyer. He's a bankruptcy lawyer. I guess which might actually come in handy depending on what kind of litigation follows. This was at a wedding reception when a man and his two daughters cut in front of him in the buffet line. Now real quick, because Ross hasn't seen this story. Ross checked your phone. Are you cutting that dude in a buffet line? Yeah? Texted or okay, they're just sent all right.
Speaker 8: I mean that guy is a pro. You're not cutting that.
Speaker 2: You're not cutting that guy in lied What are you doing that dude? That dude is You're right, that is he has he probably has a PhD. In buffet. And to make it more egregious, you know what part of the buffet he was literally standing there getting ready when they cut him. He was at the prime rib slicing station.
Speaker 8: I was gonna guess the chuckolate water found like, yeah, oh.
Speaker 2: I think you probably decimated that on the way to it. Sorry again, I don't I don't like the victim blame here. But what do you do it don't get between that man and his chocolate waterfall or his prime rib or everything on there. Uh so, uh he you know, he called foul and uh that started some they got heated with the father, I guess of the girls. And then uh he's hold because now he's holding his plate and he doesn't have food on it, so he just takes it and smashes it over the dude's head and he is arrested, So let me uh, I want to be able to share with the audience real quickly. Let me grab this dude, you do. I was gonna do this, then I forgot it. Here bear with me, it'll be worth it, all right. We're gonna tweet out the story here and you can make your own judgment. Uh the uh. The law firm founder was accused of smashing the plate over the head of say Ed Raza. I guess is the the the dad there pry to the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office report, which says, without provocation, the large bald man struck dude. They wrote it into the report. Come on, the large bald man struck the slimmer man in the head with a dinner plate. Following that, a melee began with a large number of wedding guests who were all I guess fighting each other. Well, and if that was happening, I would then cut them all in line in the buffet. I'll be honest with you, because now they're over there having a big old fistfight. So I'm gonna get me some prime riv out of that. But the fifty two year old, though insists he was the victim.
Speaker 8: Quote.
Speaker 2: I want to press charges against him because the numerous people that beat me up, Well, it probably took numerous people, sir. However, he's the one I can identify as kicking me. It sounds like this was after you smashed a plate on his head. And it's Florida, So you assaulted somebody and then they assaulted you. They're not going to charge them.
Speaker 3: Ummmm.
Speaker 2: He says. He also claimed that he sustained severe injury. He's probably gonna sue the dad. What a loser. Uh, you know, he didn't make the buffet argument. That might be your stronger arguments there, because like you get some you get you get a few fat guys on the jury and they're like no, I was literally next to get the prime rib carving station and three people cut in front of me. I'd say, you get jury nullification. Go with that. I mean, I'm not a lawyer, and I'm advising a lawyer, but I think I'm right. Anyway, he's facing up to five years in prison. But more importantly, they will disbar you in Florida if he's convicted of that, so that again, being a bankruptcy attorney might come in Oh. Is it a country club too, and he's been banned from the country club for one year. They had good buffets at country clubs too. Man, all right, well, don't do that, but also, don't cut in front of a four hundred pound man in a buffet line, right, Stupid's gonna hurt. And that's a pretty dumb thing there. So all right eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four h let's go ahead and get in Wait, hold on, what did Ross just send me?
Speaker 3: Do?
Speaker 2: Do? Do?
Speaker 7: Do?
Speaker 2: I am shocked? All right, we'll get to that. I am. I am shocked if that headline holds up. But first, I got a waterboard you with loud angry women. Okay, okay, no, don't yet. No, you don't get to turn it off, don't you dare you do that? I will impeach you. I'll explain how that works coming up. So, uh, yesterday, yesterday Joy Bayhar and the ladies on the View decided they need to get a little something off their chest. And of all the things that were in the news yesterday, I'm actually I'm I'm actually surprised this is the one that they went with. But it it made Joy Bayhar not joyful what is it Trump wanting to do away with pennies? All right, so what possibly could be the conspiracy theory? Here we go.
Speaker 11: It's really and he's jealous of everyone.
Speaker 12: Now he's getting rid of the penny.
Speaker 1: He's even jealous of Lincoln.
Speaker 13: Yeah, he's so small, so puddled, he's small and petty.
Speaker 2: But what about the five? What are we doing? They still have fives? I think they still have fives. He's getting rid of the penny because he's jealous of Lincoln. Did you see during the interview where he literally I didn't see it because I didn't watch the interview. It was really loud where I was the interview that ran there in front of the super Bowl, like I was kind of watching that. They had the screen caption on. But I guess at some point in there he basically said that he's better than like a bunch of other presents. Typical Trump stuff, right, And so I don't know if that's what triggered that, lady, but he they Unfortunately, I'm gonna be I'm gonna have to watch a little of the view today so that I can make sure that when they use Elon Musk's new screen name, that we can play that audio for you. So yesterday Elon Musk changed the It's so when you change, you can change the Twitter. What's the word I'm looking for. It's not the screen. It's not your username because your user name. If you changed that, you're penalized. Right, What was the ross you changed yours? What was it? It was you changed the at part on yours a while ago. They they don't do that right away, but you can change the thing that shows up. So like the show. Why change the show again?
Speaker 8: You've got to use your name and the screen name.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I want to I want to be clear what he because I saw people were alleging that he changed it and normal people couldn't change There.
Speaker 8: Was no no, no, they can do it. I mean, if you have a blue check, you have to wait for a while.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's what it is. But he didn't change the thing where you have to wait. It still is at Elon Musk. He just changed the screen name. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Even if you change your green name with the blue check, you have to wait.
Speaker 2: Oh you do? Yeah? Okay, Well I changed the show accounts as a joke and it popped up and we don't have a blue check on there. So that's good to know. All right. So uh he changed it to Harry Bowls. But it's the oh with the dash on top, letting you know that you have to pronounce it. So he changed it to well, you know what, I don't have to say it. Why don't we let see it n say it? Shall we? Okay? All right, let's uh wait where do oh? Here it is? Yeah? All right? So here is here is CNN having to do it, which then Trump or Trump must then tweet it a video out which was clearly as intent and in fact right after the show, and he did it. I texted Ross, I'm like, dude, did you see this? And uh uh, you said, he's probably doing it just to see how many times the news anchors will say it, and you were spot on. Here we go.
Speaker 11: Now, the disruptor in Chief Elon Musk, who apparently has adopted the alias at least he changed his social media handle to Harry Balls, tweeted this morning, democracy in America is being destroyed by judicial coup. An activist judge is not a real judge.
Speaker 2: Dude needs to change it every day just so I have an amazing audio collection of these nitwits on CNN. And MSNBC having to say things like that, or Joy Read having to use this phrase while she suggests something that's just.
Speaker 13: In Let me ask you this, because the Democrats are in the minority, so you have only so much leverage. Have you all essentially made it clear to Mike Johnson that until they allow you all to subpoena Big Balls and the normalized Indian hate guy, at least subpoena them and or subpoena Elon Musk, what do.
Speaker 2: You will it say Big Balls on the subpoena because I want it to happen if it will, because that'd be a public document and it would be amazing.
Speaker 8: His mind is so like crazy because on one side he's like this Tony Stark type character right doing all this stuff. But on the other side side he's eight. He's like an eight year old, and he's like, I'm going to change my name just so I can turn on the news and see them saying this name repeatedly. It makes them giggle, and that's why he does it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm here for it. I understand it's immature, but I don't care. You know why, because the people he's baiting are far more immature. Right, and and and maybe immature is not the right word, you know it is. It is because like you're lunatics. He's trolling lunatics people who are people are upset. I understand there's some are like, oh well, that's not very professional.
Speaker 8: It also shows how predictable they are.
Speaker 2: Yes, immediately, what did how long? Well hold on? So you and I we talked at well essentially nine p thirty where you predicted that, And it was three hours later the CNN clip was up. I don't know exactly when it aired, but within three hours he got what he wanted. He was sweeting a backcount. So yeah, bro, change you should change it every day. I'm gonna have to change the show account. I changed our show account name to Emerson Biggins because I too, am an eight year old sometimes, but I'll change that. Change that back. Many of you would have noticed if you went to see the fat Florida lawyer that you would never want to cut in line. Ever, that's a good point. That looks like a dude would smash a plate over someone's absolutely yeah, yeah, yeah, oh we can assume me. You might not be able to You might not be a lawyer much longer. Sir, all right, let's go ahead, And there was on MSNBC. It wasn't just the host, so they had Raskin on who's fast becoming up there on the list of lawmakers I loathe the most with Adam Schiff, So he's putting in the work. And I appreciate that he mentioned something during his interview yesterday I was not aware of, but I may take advantage of we'll play that for you coming up next here on the Cacoday radio program. So I thought I understood how impeachments work, even though they've basically been neutered and turned into just another political weapon rather than which should be a last resort, but a form of checks and balances like that's gone. People aren't going to take them seriously. You know, maybe in two years Democrats get control and they try to do an impeachment. Nobody will care, and that's on them. That being said, what Jamie Raskin was explaining on MSNBC yesterday, I did not know. I don't know if it's true, but if it is, game on.
Speaker 14: Look does not like the idea that a guy who would not even be constantial eligible to run for president is acting as president. A guy who, if he were president, would be impeached immediately because he's taking billions of dollars into government monuments from all over the world.
Speaker 2: By the way, the moluments, they remember that, remember when everyone had to learn what a monuments were when Trump first got in and they're like, yeah, he owns a hotel in DC and people stay there and sometimes people from other countries. Right, and we had this big everyone thought they were a genius and they figured out the loophole to get Trump, which didn't work. What he's talking about with Musk with monuments is he means he had he does business with other people outside of the US. Just so we're clear what he's talking about. They're not paying him tribute. They're buying. They're buying his Internet, they're buying other tech that he they're buying Tesla's, what do you And sometimes governments buy these things. So that's lunacy but here, but that gets usurped immediately because listen to the next part.
Speaker 14: And some people have actually been talking about impeaching President Elon Musk right now, you know on the theory that he's usurped the powers of the presidents.
Speaker 2: And by the way, this is so predictable. What have I always said with Republicans they're either evil geniuses in the way that they're portrayed in the media, and then by Democrats they're either simultaneous there simultaneously evil geniuses and the biggest idiots, and somebody else is really running things, which is a very rich accusation to imply that the elected president is in fact not the one running things, Jamie Raskin. But also, can you impeach somebody who's not a president or even an elected official, or even somebody who needs Senate confirmation? Is that a thing? Can I impeach people?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: I'll do it. In fact, let me get right after it. Are a boss? Trevor impeached? Setting up a standing meeting on Tuesdays? What are you doing? We're busy, although he did cancel it this week, which brought us some joy there. Yeah. So I'm sorry you've been impeached, sir. I don't know what it means for you, but you're impeached. Is that how this works? And then what that follows you around? What are you talking about? We're impeach president? To Elon Musk, you realize how dumb you sound, unless that is how it works. Then you have armed me with the new weapons, so I do appreciate that. All right. So I got a chance to read this story that Ross sent me. Here's the headline. We'll get into this here right after the news. And I want to point out this is from Politico, which makes this even crazier. All right, So here's the headline. Voters were right about the economy, the data was wrong. So as a Ross sent this to me when I was making fun of that lawyer or something, and so I got a chance to digest this. I have a lot of thoughts. First, it's from Politico, and obviously Politico has been in the news lately. But also I think the article is a little disingenuous too, or at the very least it's naive. But this the guy who wrote this article is the former US Comptroller of the Currency, so I'd like to think he's not naive, he's lying. You be the judge, all right. So the headline is voters were right about the economy, the data was wrong. So this is all of the garbage, even like every week the Biden because Biden didn't tweet it, but the Biden's account would tweet. We created the most jobs of any president, right, and then they would get community noted because it's like you had all the jobs come back from COVID. And also it's worse than that. What was the number you just told me, right, of the percentage that were actually government jobs, it was an insane number, right, So.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, that's yesterday. They're saying like ninety percent of the jobs that were added under Biden were government jobs.
Speaker 2: Right, and not not the COVID ones, but any that you could attribute added to Biden that were not COVID related were government jobs. Do the math, and by the way, I promise you that at the Washington Post they are laying in wait because when they do the job's numbers, they don't just do them for the nation. They do them in the big cities too, and they may even go further than that. But I know that. So in Washington, DC, you had all these employees, the employees take buyouts. I don't know if those count, and then you just have the jobs that are eliminated. Remember you said had what ten thousand employees and now there's three hundred and it's not even you said anymore. So like they want to write the big story that Trump drove up the unemployment numbers, which I guess technically he did, but they probably won't contextualize it for the little tweets. But so bien the Bide account would send this out. The Democrats when they do interviews, they're like, oh, the right wingers are lying to you. But people knew right, because I don't care how many reports jobs reports that Jeff Bellinger reads that the government provides on Fridays and Thursdays, who then don't immediately go, I don't know. I just had to put a bunch of groceries back because I couldn't afford it. A check out I one hundred dollars. It used to be a pretty good amount of money if we wanted to go out to dinner and do something. And now good luck, because it doesn't matter what the jobs report says, and this is it. I don't understand how they don't know this. It's what people perceive it to be. And so when people were perceiving that those numbers were bs, because they and everyone they know it has less spending power is pain and saying prices, how much were Cheetos? This is ross? This everybody got stuck on some for ross it was Cheetos or Dorito's. I can't know.
Speaker 8: The party bag was like eight bucks.
Speaker 2: Eight bucks for a party bag.
Speaker 8: It's Cheetos, man Is Air and cheese dust.
Speaker 2: It's so good though they are, yeah, but eight dollars yeah, I mean so like it's it's all of these things that people see in their life and and they went, no, that's not true. And then they doubled down. They're like, well, you're an idiot. It again. It's it's like the strategy is awful, and it was on so many things, but this was a big one. You know, we have a saying in radio that works in government as well, and it's heart strings and purse strings. That's it. That's how that's how you emotionally connect with people. That's how you engage with people. Heart strings and purse strings. This is something I emotionally care about because maybe it's impactful for my family or it's impactful for my wallet. Pretty good it and and that's not a new thing. That's uh. I've heard that every step of the way. Every single program director ever or a couple of consultants even, they drive that home. So for the politicians to not just ignore that, but to then tell people they're crazy. Who I mean, who's advising you guys. The problem with this article, and I'm just going to read a little of it, is I I it sounds like it's a win for for I guess the GOP or or the people voted for Trump, because it it proves that they were right. They were right and and and you were wrong, and then you demonize them. But also I think it try it's trying to let the Democrats lawmakers off the hook, and I'm sorry, I'm not going to allow that. All right, So here we go. Before the presidential election, many Democrats were puzzled by the seeming disconnect between economic reality, as reflected in various government statistics, and the public's perception of the economy. No, they weren't. No grown adult doesn't understand that those numbers were juiced, they were manipulated. And so the article goes on to one make it sound like the Democrats also didn't know. Yes, they did, Absolutely they did. Everyone knew. Every single person knew, just like we knew that there was insane waste up in DC. Everybody knew. They charged the right wing echo chambers were conning voters into believing entirely preposterous narratives. What were the narratives people being interviewed in the grocery store. Those are the narratives that I saw, right. They'd go down there and so you know the price, if something was up or during COVID you couldn't get stuff. They had a ton of people, and they almost universally said the same thing. They'd show their receipt right, and it would be insane and they'd be like, I buy the same thing for my family every month or every week or howe from they shop and it used to be this, and now it's this. And in fact, the only time the Democrats tried to get in front of it was when they would then get on a stage. It could be the president, it could be Kamala Harris, which he was running for president, and they would basically admit that that people were getting economically hammered, because then they tried to blame greed of CEOs. Elizabeth Warren was at the forefront of this. That's why it was so funny with the Consumer Protection Bureau getting greased, because that was a whole shakedown operation. And now they run around act like there's not going to be any well there's no regulators anymore. Oh no, you got tons of regulators. Everybody's regulated.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 2: The way that that worked, the Consumer Protection Bureau, And it's not like they didn't that there wasn't things where clearly people were attempting to circum circumnavigator, circumvent excuse me, you know, rules and laws. And some people did get charged, but the majority of businesses that ended up having to pay a fine pay that money. The money would then go right back into the agency so that they could get more people to go shake down more businesses. It's the Jesse Jackson model with the rainbow push. Folks they go, you know, they go to Pepsi and they'd be like, Pepsi, you need to do that. You need to make a donation here so you can fight racism. But if you don't, I'll organize a boycott of your product. That's the Consumer Protection Bureau of the fight consumer financial You know what I'm not going to learn, it's because it ain't here anymore. Is gone, and the public wasn't getting that money. No, it was going back to create more jobs and more salaries and more war funds to go out and do stuff. And there are many examples where it was preposterous these businesses that they were shaking down, including businesses that were being openly vocal and critical of Chicago politicians who somehow found themselves essentially getting a colonoscopy by these people. So no, no, no, no, no, no, you don't get you. You can't simultaneously say it's happening and that rich people are doing it and that it's not. But going back to the numbers, the author goes on to say what is rarely considered as what might be responsible for the disconnect. So he's not saying it's dishonesty. Here's what his theory is. Government statistics are fundamentally flawed. Sure, just look at what goes into It's not any of this stuff you buy, not most of it, not the stuff you buy the most. It's not in there. Everyone knew that's flawed, right, And he goes, what if the numbers supporting the case for broad based prosperity were themselves misrepresentations due to a fundamentally flawed whatever if in fact, darker assessments of the economy were more authentically tethered to reality. What do you mean darker assessments? You mean that it's more negative than the government's purporting it is. Those are more honest assessments. And I don't need a study to do it. I can look at well, I can look at polling, independent polling to see what the economy was number one, almost exclusively across the board, even for some a lot of Democrats who probably didn't vote for Trump, but it was number one. No, the numbers are flawed, and they're flawed, and they're utilized to make political points and not to prove accurate information. And the other real damning thing, and I don't think he mentions it in this story, is what would happen every week when we'd get the job's numbers. The week after, what would happen the revising of them? And if you remember they had some revisements that remember the one where Biden came or Biden and his people were like, oh, look at this, like two hundred and thirty five thousand jobs or whatever, it's amazing, look what we've done. And then they revised it back like seventy percent. No, they were manipulating the numbers. It was the narrative. You can't convince me otherwise. And I'm glad you wrote an article talking about it, but it also is an article that's attempting to let a bunch of people who used knowingly used bad data to win elections or attempt to win elections off the hook. Yeah.
Speaker 8: I mean it's pretty simple, right, they lied to stay in Power's.
Speaker 2: One hundred bigs. So simple. This is a very long article and it could be one paragraph.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they threw a propaganda and the media went along with it. And now suddenly that you have a Republican or a conservative in office, suddenly they care about the cost of eggs, gasoline, and groceries.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: And then cause now they can focus on those numbers now, so this.
Speaker 2: Also that Yeah, but also think about the future. So if Trump puts up good numbers, they can go, well, the numbers are all bs, and they'll do it. They'll do it shamelessly, and it's like, okay, well, you know, maybe one I know Trump's doing a lot, He's got you got a lot on display right now, but maybe we need to look at how these numbers are actually produced to not have the fuel that you need the energy to heat your home and most of the food your family eats in inflation numbers to not include that the thing. That's the largest that probably you tally those together is more than half of people's budgets. So fix it if you think it's broke, fix it. But don't sit here and tell me people didn't know it was broke or they were duped as well. I'm not buying it.
Speaker 8: Was like Soviet Russia type reporting.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. Oh yeah, absolutely, man.
Speaker 8: We're like, the news is awful, but they're gonna not only is the administration of those empower going to report that it's awesome, but then like the media is going to be like, yeah, no, it's great. No, you know, what you really needed to do is just cut out breakfast is what you need to do. Just don't don't eat breakfast.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's right. They did say, have you tried not eating?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 2: Man, Yeah, it's paulup bureau stuff one hundred percent. Uh all right, that's I'm not going to go any deeper in this. You get it, you get it. So, yeah, it looked at first at first blush. It looks like Politico is admitting something, but they're not. They're not. They're they're covering their own butt too, because as we know, political went along with all this stuff and was handsomely rewarded.
Speaker 8: But just you're right though, because now they can report right now they can be like, oh, well, yes, the cost of groceries and gasoline, it's very expensive. But now that they admit that, they can report on it not going up if it because they've dug themselves in such a hole in the past four years. Correct, and it's not going to change it just a matter of weeks because of the damage that's been done. But now they can report on it make Trump look bad.
Speaker 2: And the biggest fallacy with it, let me just sum it up with this is what you recognize in the story, and that is the perception of the American people versus the numbers coming from the government. So if they think that they can pull this switch aaroo because now it's more advantageous to say these things. The American public is they understand what you're doing. They've already every step of the way, they've determined you were lying to them. You were lying to them. It's why why you know these media websites lost what did Washington Post lose in four years? Like eighty percent of their traffic? This is why people rejected this. They don't consume your media anymore. And if they do, they do it to laugh at you. So when you start telling them that all of these reports that you beat them over the head with and if they questioned, you know, literally, you know, would call them a fascist or demonize them in some way, the same people who rejected that are the same people you have to convince now that it's the other way around. And they've already seen you for what you are. They don't care. We'll tweet it out. You can read the whole thing if you want, but no, we're not going to allow that, not on this show, not on my watch. Okay, all right, speaking of a giant waste of money, we're getting into some of this femas stuff. Oh and did you see how fast they fired those people who sent the fifty nine million dollar payment. And by the way, they weren't just clerks. In fact, the one lady is I think she was like number three in charge up there. They're chief financial officer Mary Coleman's so, and that's crazy, as walked in and you're fired, get out of here. What did you do that for? The problem is this woman, And it will really prove a lot of the you said stuff and the soft landings that universities provide, but only if you're ideologically aligned. This woman will have a sweet gig that probably pays more at some woke company or some university, and it will be in very short order. So people are out there. She's brave, she took a stance, she did what was right. She knew that it would only be a speed bump, and likely one that propelled her to a much higher salary. So and if that doesn't happen, then I was wrong. But I'm not wrong here, so I will hopefully we'll get a little follow up there because I think that's coming all right eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four coming up on the show. We got a couple North Carolina school board stories. We got to get into one from the try and one down at the coast, and I got some audio that's kind of insane. And this person is in charge as a school board member of educating the kids of Wilmington. We'll play it for you next. Hang on Hanover County. If you're new to North Carolina, that's Wilmington. So there you go. And one of the school board members, his name is Tim Merrick. He is a Democrat member of the New Hanover County Board of Education. So CNN was doing a report yesterday about the Education Department, and it's the in fact, on the screen it says Trump says education department is doje's next target. R I guess technically this was two days ago, all right, Well whatever, I just saw it yesterday afternoon, and he said something that is so insane. I don't know if he should be anywhere near educating kids, even in this elected role. Like if you don't know this, and you're a school board member in I'm gonna say North Carolina, but in America, let alone the South. Listen to this lunatic and tell me if you agree or disagree.
Speaker 15: You know, we have private schools and religious schools that are not regulated by the federal government the same way that our public schools are, and they are not showing better performance here in New Henriver County. In fact, some of our private schools have poorer performance than many of our public schools.
Speaker 2: So I yes, but also some of your private schools far exceed your public schools. So I'll give you that point. And down in Wilmington they have a couple very very good private schools which are not the ones he's talking about. But whatever he's building up to a point and it's gone.
Speaker 15: I can't agree with that. What I can't agree with is that without our federal money, we will not be taking care of our most disadvantaged students.
Speaker 2: The federal money that is extracted from the states and then dold back out to you. You understand that with the elimination of the Department of Education, the burden then falls on the individual states to do it, and North Carolina already has an outsized role at the state level with all things schools related in North Carolina, so arguably be a little easier. But the money is not just disappearing, because it's not then being extracted, right, So, and he knows this, he knows this, but it's not even the most insane thing that's still coming here.
Speaker 15: And that is just a crisis that we cannot have. You know, we have fairly segregated schools here in North Carolina, more segregated than what they were in nineteen sixty eight. And our richest, wealthy white school have at the end of fifth grade they have a ninety one percent proficiency in reading, and our poorest black schools have a nine point five percent proficiency in reading in fifth grade.
Speaker 2: Well, then I have a question. If that's the case, then why don't you take your best teachers and stick them in the poor performing schools? Wouldn't that be the logical thing to do there? Why don't you do that?
Speaker 15: This is a sort of segregation that will be even worse without the federal guidelines that require us to take care of our most disadvantaged students.
Speaker 2: All right, So you're telling me that schools in North Carolina are more segregated than they were during segregation, because I don't know. I've seen some foot ross you ever see photos of some schools some stuff happened to schools maybe in the fifties and sixties in the South. Ever see any of those? Because I've seen some seen quite a few of those. What are you talking about?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: What is this?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, it's funny. So he just texted me this. So is that Josie Barnhardt who's on the new Hanover? Oh wow, look at this. Okay, let's get into this, all right, Josie, good morning.
Speaker 7: Good morning.
Speaker 4: How are you done?
Speaker 12: Sir?
Speaker 2: Well? I was better till I heard your colleague there. I don't know that I agree with that because I've seen some stuff from the sixties.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, and I am on the school board here in New Hanover County and I'm speaking for myself. I just need to say that as we talk about this, but I was very shocked to see the interview as well from CNN, and I just want to share some information, some accurate information with your listeners today in New Niver County. Back in twenty fourteen, we've received one hundred and thirty seven million dollars for education and now in per AIGHTM in twenty twenty three, twenty twenty four we're actually receiving one eighty three so we're receiving more money than what we're receiving before and what we've seen. I was elected in twenty two and in twenty one we had thirteen sailing schools. We are now down to six sailing schools here in New Hundoor County.
Speaker 4: We're closing the achievement gap and targeting the focus of supports in the classroom. So I just want to give a shout out to our staff that are doing their job and we're seeing outpacing growth from the state and basically every single category that we can.
Speaker 2: Do that here's the disconnect, and I'm so glad you called. Does anyone who's on a school board or an administrator to school really believe that if they shut the Department of ED all that money just disappears or like what is yours?
Speaker 4: That's what the fear mongering is. I think that's what the fear mongering is. And this is a question that I asked, is if the department closes, where does that money just go away? My understanding is if the department closes, it would go back to the state. So then for me and my role, it would just change where my advocacy lies. So rather than having a local, state and federal advocacy unit, we would just be targeting our local and our state level. And for me, that makes our job easier as local elected officials because you're dealing with a smaller group of individuals'.
Speaker 2: Right, You're dealing with the people who when they're not up bacon laws and rawl, you're shopping in the grocery store next to the parents of these kids. That's where the accountability lies, right, So absolutely so you well, again you're speaking just for yourself. You like that model more than having to advocate as far up in Washington, d C.
Speaker 4: I think it makes the job easier if you think about you know, I serve on a seven person board, and so you think about trying to come to consensus with seven people, Well, then our county commissioners there's five of them, so kind of building consensus with they're and then and the state level hundreds of people. So the federal level more hundreds of people. So trying to build that consensus with hundreds and hundreds of people is very difficult, especially when you're talking about what that target folks just looks like to move forward. And so I think closing the gap to a smaller group of people allows us to have better conversations and consistent conversations, because when we are as a local leaders are spread thin to try to go through all of these different sources to plete our case, if you will, it makes it time consuming and very hard to get the ear of these people who are decision makers. And so I think having those consistent relationships are important is something that I've been very responsive to in my tenure on the board here of building those relationships because it matters to share with them how we are doing, to understand where we are accurate information.
Speaker 12: Just like I said, we see.
Speaker 4: The increased funding from the state level to see that and closing the gap of the achievement levels. We had an elementary school back in twenty twenty one that was in the bottom fide of the state. They're no longer there. That's the kind of targeted growth we want to see in all of our education realms. And that's the kind of growth that I support.
Speaker 2: And it's so important too, because I understand that parents are going to have a lot of questions, and I'm gonna I'm going to hit you with one last question here in a moment. So when parents understandably are wondering, how is this going to impact my kids? My kids school, accurate information is so important. This guy going at your colleague going on there and saying that schools are more segregated in North Carolina than they were during the Civil Rights era is lunacy and the But I want to ask you one thing, which I think is a legitimate question. I've seen a lot of parents ask how does this impact like Title one dollars and special education funding and you know the things that are very expensive right on an individual student basis. Parents are wondering, am I going to see as my kid who's on one of these special programs going to be impacted? What I'm assuming this thought has crossed your mind? What is your understanding?
Speaker 4: My thought is I'm going to continue to advocate for those things. It's just going to be this on local state, on a state level, local and state. We have passed a resolution of support of IDA and funding of the forty percent for our special education population that we sent to the federal government, and so if it changes and it's no longer the federal government, that will be a redirect to the state. I know there has been conversation at our state level in North Carolina about changing the funding process for our special education students and based on different tiers of special education needs, they would get more funding for their students. Because there is this question and conversation that I was actually further invited to a student funding formula conversation that there's a lot of different lawmakers and lobbyists and nonprofits in the room to talk about what potentially a student weight and model would look like in North Carolina. And one of the weights or the heavier funding sources that we discussed was to make sure that poverty and high poverty had more funding so that schools could be more responsive to the needs of their students. So I think that that kind of realm of advocacy of talking about what are those different targeted needs? Special education is one of those, high poverty would be one of those. I would say a multi lingual population as well as are gifted and talented. When you talk about different scaffolding supports for students and getting that conversation going of if we have different funding levels for these students so we could be responsive to their needs, I think there is a really great conversation to be had with that, and I'm going to continue to support advocating for those. So I don't know what that exactly looks like. To answer your question, I don't mean to skirt the question, but the reality is people want to change my advocacy.
Speaker 2: I'm glad absolutely conversation you just relate like there is there is not just people talking about it, but they're actively trying to figure out what it's going to look like. Well, Josie, thank you for calling in. I wouldn't wait by the phone. I suspect CNN is probably not going to call you for an interview, So.
Speaker 4: If I did that, I would want to make sure I go along with active information.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I hope that's the case. Thank you very much for calling in this morning.
Speaker 7: Okay, all right, thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't look at that. Everybody listens look at that. So uh yeah, the segregation thing. Good lord man, all right, seven forty six race stagic from the Weather Channel. How you doing? Not doing it?
Speaker 12: All right?
Speaker 2: So my favorite story of the day. Are you ready for this? Ray? Some guy in Florida was in a buffet line and this dude and his two daughters cut in front of him, right at the prim red carving station. So he smacked the dude over the head with the plate. The guys like, the guys like three hundred and fifty pounds? Would you cut a three hundred and fifty pounds man in a buffet line? Even you a big dude?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: Right, what not?
Speaker 6: Not even no?
Speaker 2: No, no, yeah, I don't mean the victim blame. But what was it that was gonna happen?
Speaker 16: Yeah, paper plastic plate glass.
Speaker 2: They were at a country club at a wedding reception, so it was n you know.
Speaker 6: It's fine, fine China.
Speaker 2: Maybe, yeah, I don't know good I didn't front of the prime rib thing. I don't know how i'd react. You know, there was exactly a little bit of prime rib left. I might flip out. So I was having There's a map here this morning, and most most of the insanities in Virginia, I see them a little bit dip down, like north of Durham there, but it doesn't seem to be having big impacts. So how much more of this?
Speaker 6: Yeah, probably through today though the advisories.
Speaker 16: As you get up into Caswell points west, those counties right right up on the Virginia border, temperatures is what's the concern, and that's where it is thirty two or lower. So some of this priests have coming down, especially in the northern parts of Caswell, Rockingham, Stokes County, Surrey County and into Virginia. That could be a little freezing rain or sleep. Elsewhere it's rain. It looks like a cold rain on to get off again throughout today. If we get to forty, I think we're lucky. Most of us are going to be stuck in the kind of chili thirties. More rain and showers tonight, with fog tomorrow, more showers tapering off sometime in the afternoon, and I think by Friday we're doing better. Tomorrow afternoon with a little sun, we could get above sixty. The Triangle stay in the fifties, and the try it in points West, but Friday would cool off as the storm passes. We do get some chillier air in the twenties in the morning and then probably won't get out of the mid upper forties during the day and more rate over the weekend, except for if you've got the extended holiday weekend Monday being President's Day, sun shines back. So next couple of days on setth here best. Well yeah, well, believe it or not, I will. So that's good to know.
Speaker 2: Well, you took this Monday off, so I.
Speaker 6: Know, I know, And yeah, it's just switch.
Speaker 16: But the best days I think, Yeah, I think the best day is Friday and again Monday, with us.
Speaker 6: Some wet weather in between.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you, Sarah, we're talking an hour. Do appreciate it. So I said, we have two school board stories. Now I'm not as angry about the other one, or not angry, but like, but I kind of want this thing to happen, and I hope the wake County school Board will allow it to happen because it seems to be what parents it. You know it actually happened.
Speaker 12: Let me get youse. I was trying to do some housework real quick. So I've had kids in the Gelfert County school system for over forty years. I've got grandkids who are in there now, three boys, ones autistic, one black. They live with me, and I can tell you, and I have experience with private schools. Private school kids test one time a year versus the three times a year I think we have to do in our public schools in Gilhart County, and they always excel at at the standardized testing. So that's a fair of right there. And a lot of them are poor and minorities, and they receive scholarships from whether it's a church private school or a private private school, they get the vouchers or the scholarships so they can be there. Okay, And my kids in the Guildford County public schools. From my kids to now, I can tell you that the county needs to They have neighborhoods that are minorities period that they pull from. Right, they don't pay enough attention to those schools. They do not pay enough attention to those schools. They don't do things to foster parent involvement. They don't do the things that the children need. These kids needs not only a good education, but they need a lot of love and care. Okay, my children, my grandchildren have all gone through the same magnet school, which is General Green Elementary here in greens of bar and not my kids, my grandkids, all my grandkids, and I've got twenty one, so a bunch of them.
Speaker 17: Have that school.
Speaker 12: My black child is it selling. My autistic child is a on a roll. My other child, my other child is amazing, and they're getting a good education. I have friends with kids in other schools. We have to start demanding that this whole thing it needs to be at the state level, because every time it's at the federal level, it gets watered down. Well, and the kids, our kids are what we name.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Joan, I'm sorry, just because I'm running out of time here. Here's the important thing. That's why it's important if that transition is going to happen, and it looks like it is, that we are working with accurate information. There is an involvement from parents in grandparents such as yourself, so that we can literally get this right instead of fear mongering. So thank you very much for the call there, Joanne, I'm sorry, just up against it. I agree with you one thousand percent. So you can't have people running out and saying things like the schools are more segregated than they were in the sixties. That's insane. Oh the Woolworths more are segregated now than in Greensboro than it was in the sixties. You want to test that theory. I have photos and I know one of those dudes he's called into the show before, who literally was sitting there at that counter in Greensboro right around the time this lunatics claiming things were honky dory. Spoiler, they were not. Grab one phone call a gentleman's been holding. Also, the I guess what is going to be the quote kill shot the Democrats are going to use to attempt to negate cash Betel's confirmation. We now know what it is. Dick Durban took to the floor of the Senate yesterday to lay it out. It's it's what they're gonna get him with. I will explain to you what it is. I don't know if it's gonna work okay. In fact, it'll probably make you excited, so real quick, I'm gonna play this audio again and then we're gonna grab the phone call here because it's about what the guy said. So this is Tim Merrick, who's a school board member down in Wilmington, and he was on CNN and I fear mongering a bunch, clearly, but a couple of things he said are just so like it doesn't track in anybody's brain. Man, listen to.
Speaker 15: We have private schools and religious schools that are not regulated by by the by the federal government the same way that our public schools are, and they are not showing better performance here in New henri County. In fact, some of our private schools have poorer performance than many of our public schools. So I can't agree with that. What I can agree with is that without our federal money, we will not be taking care of our most disadvantaged students, and that is just a crisis that we cannot have. You know, we have fairly segregated schools here in North Carolina, more segregated than what they were in nineteen sixty eight, and our richest, wealthy white schools have at the end of fifth grade, they have a ninety one percent proficiency in reading, and our poorest black schools have a nine point five percent proficiency in reading in fifth grade. This is a sort of segregation that will be even worse without the federal guidelines that require us to take care of our most.
Speaker 2: Is that in students. Okay, well, and the fear mindering, the main point is is that if the state, if the FED, the Department of Education goes away, that any student who receives specialty learning programs, special ed or schools where they've had to come, you know, the state can take over a damn school man like if it's going so poorly. Thankfully, one of the other board members, Josie Barnhardt, called in and appears to be one of the adults in the room. And I'm glad that they're having those conversations, and I understand why parents are asking this guy isn't helping, This guy isn't helping telling people essentially that if your kids in a special ED program, your kids in a school that is trying to turn around test scores, that all of a sudden, all of that stops. Does that track to you, dude?
Speaker 8: The fear mongering is real too. I could tell you for firsthand. I've heard from you know, fellow special needs parents on social media and in person, and they're like, you know, if the Department Education goes, our kids are going to be you know, kicked to the curb and there won't be funding for them. Like, no, well, the states will now have that money. It'll be right, the money will be said of the states. And then the argument that I've heard repeatedly, and it's not an argument, it's just it's more of like a like a comeback. Yeah, Like they say, well, the problem with that is North Carolina is one of the worst states and allocating that money, and well that money so yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: And you know why people believe that because every year these the teachers Union, oh or not a union, your a union, shut up. The teachers Union puts out that little report where they go, look at North Carolina bottom ranking for spending for teachers' salaries and individual students spending at the state level. And the reason they put that out is because North Carolina has a very unique system how monies are allocated. They are allocated obviously the federal level. Currently they are allocated at the state level, and we have the local funding, and so districts, especially the more populated districts, they then add to that funding. And then what happens is when they put that report out, they only put the state funding in there. They don't put it, so the per people spending looks very low, when in reality, if you include the local funding, we're kind of middle of the road, nothing crazy. So they're using one bs manipulative argument that was pure propaganda to answer to another argument that you're trying to dispel that is clearly propaganda. It's and the people doing it know what they're doing, right. And if the schools are so abysmal down there in New Handover, sir, and you're on the board, whose fault is that? It sounds like you're not being truthful about the numbers, though I tend to believe the woman who called in. All right, Chris, thanks for hanging on. What's up?
Speaker 17: Hey, Good morning, Casey, Thanks for treating my call. I'm really glad that lady called in because I was listening to that CNN guy or that guy on CNN, and what I got from it was all my black students are dumb and all my white students are fine. I need more money for some reason. I don't know how money is going to fix that.
Speaker 2: And I think that's why that mindset, you just need more of it.
Speaker 17: I think that's why Jesus. Yeah, I'm sorry for cutting you off. I think that's why Jesus said I need I make you fishers of men. It takes people. It takes iron to sharpen iron. It doesn't take a dollar bill. And I think that this guy shouldn't be teaching these kids if he's saying that is I mean, I just got it. Just seems so he was just so one sided and racist there to me that it didn't make any sense. And I'm really grateful for that lady.
Speaker 2: To call in. He's not teaching, he's one of seven people in charge of the whole thing. So I think it's actually worse.
Speaker 17: Wow, that's even worse. Yeah, yeah, well thanks for taking my call, man, I appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Thanks for hanging on.
Speaker 8: Let's go worst case scenario too, right, because the state gets the money for education, and then the state decides, hey, the special needs department is completely closed down. That would be political suicide and it's over for you. So that'll never happen. It'll never happen.
Speaker 2: You want pitchforks at the capitol. That's how you get pitchforks at the capitol, man, one hundred percent, they would have they would have downtown Rawleigh surround it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, because people rightfully, so right exactly, people are good. Most people are good when it right. And you don't even need to be a special needs parent. The average person of a quote neurotypical child, right, regular program, you're on the road to getting a regular diploma. If you heard they were shutting down the special education department at your school, you would be down at the capitol, like you said, with pitchforks, right because it's wrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it requires you to divorce yourself of critical thinking these arguments, because that's absolutely one hundred percent. And that's and I think most people probably realize that, right they're like, all right, no, all the special need we're gonna stick them all on Okrah Cooke and ignore it. But you'd all be gone and just just be over. In the same way that telling people, especially people in North Carolina, that schools are more segregated now than they were during the Civil rights era, when we're still dumping ketchup on black college students and white parents were standing in front of schools in southern municipalities and the National Guard had to come in. Shut up. Nobody wants to hear that because they know that you're not being truthful with them. So now, any valid points you may attempt to make, I you're not even going to listen to it. And you need to listen to people, and you need to listen to the parents. I'm talking to you. Wake County School Board. Let's do this. Wake County School's Facilities Committee has recommended some new names for schools. Right, a new name opening up. This will be in Zebulon in twenty twenty nine. They're recommending Little Creek Elementary. However, for one of the other schools that's getting ready to open, they're a little hesitant about the name and they I guess they actually ask parents to weigh in on this, and the it seemed to be the three choices that got the most votes, or I guess it's it's not a formal vote, but it's just parents weighing in. Where Marshburn Road Fall Branch Elementary or the one that is First Lizard Lick Elementary, that'd be amazing. Why what's wrong here? I'd love. Can you imagine you go to Lizard Lick School. Let's gold, you go to Lizard Lick. Kids would love it. It's an elementary school that's funny, but unfortunately not so funny to some of the school board members. All Right, Chryl Cawfield, one of the board members, says she's hesitant. Sure, it sounds like a fun like a fun name. And I guess that's the area she represents. I don't know her little district area map, but Kawfield said she thought the district tried to avoid naming a school for a community because people may move to a community and expect their children to be assigned to the school, and they're nervous selecting the name that is associated with a reality TV show. It's not a it's associated with a reality TV show because it's a business in a town called lizard Lick. Right, this is chicken egg stuff here. The Lizard Lick towing folks who we've had on the show aren't the ones who named the area. They name their business after the area in which they do business. No, it needs to be lizard Lick. I'm sorry, or you know what, if you don't want lizard Lick you can call it Trump Elementary. I'll let you choose, just because I can't imagine the meltdown that would take place there. No call it lizard Lick. This doesn't have to be contentious, have a sense of humor, but don't pretend like that's not geographically what we're talking about. I'd love love to go to lizard Lick Elementary. Well, you know, when I was a kid, Probably not now, And then they go on to say outsiders may also be unfamiliar with the community and might react poorly to the name lizard Lick. What what what are you talking about? Also, why are you making Why are you basing decisions on people who don't live here? That's it's just wild to me. So no, I'll die on this hill.
Speaker 8: I've seen the Towing show. I know everything I need to know, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, what are you talking about? It's called lizard Lick. Do lizard Lick parents, if this is your if this is your area, call your school board members, because I want this to happen so I can be amused and and your kids can get a good education. But also amuse me. Okay, all right? Eight seventeen, Hang on any of these confirmations, you get one or two talking points, and everybody's coordinated, and you bring it up incessantly over an other over even when people answer questions. If you're mazy herono, you accuse them of not answering it even though they just did, because you're just on autopilot, right, And it's always fascinating to me to see what they're gonna go with with heg Seth. He's a drunk, right, So he's a drunk and in an abuser of women. And then they rode that pony and it didn't go anywhere, you know, with a recently obviously the Supreme Court Kavanaugh hearing, he was running rape conga lines and boofing whatever that is, and that didn't go anywhere. So I'm always interested to see what they come up with. And now that they're getting ahead of the cash Betel vote, this is it. So Dick Durban took to the Senate floor yesterday and he's and this is the tweety sent he said, I'm on the Senate floor revealing highly credible. Again, remember how that entered the lexicon with the Kavanaugh. That was with the Kavanaugh where they're just like, oh, these aren't allegations. They're credible allegations, and it's like, oh, so they're true and you have proof, but they're credible whatever that means. All right, So he says, I'm on the center floor revealing highly credible information from multiple whistleblowers indicating the Cash Patel. And then here's the accusation. You ready has been personally directing the ongoing purge of senior law enforcement officials at the FBI. How dare he? What Durwin's referring to is Cash Patel, who's worked in all of these circles. Remember this guy was a Pentagon dude. He was He was not FBI one of the other three letters. But he's been all over and yes, he has openly identified members of the FBI who he feels are not are doing what they're doing for all the wrong political reasons, and he's been very open about it. And he's been so open that he and Trump and Musk have talked about this as a thing on the campaign trail that they were going to do. So what you're telling me is Cash Betel's already doing it for free. You're not even paying the guy yet, and he's already like, I'm gonna get to work, and he's not doing it. He's just literally what he says, here's who we believe because that's his thing. This is what he's passionate about. So if that's going to be your best argument not to put him in there is that he's already knows what needs to be done and has been open about it and maybe advising on it already. I just see it as a dude who wants to get to work and is willing to do it for free. He wants to do it so much, so you have to come up with something better there, Dick Durbin, and not just put scary words in your tweets. All right, Steve, what's up?
Speaker 12: Hey?
Speaker 18: Just to go back to the genius down south that then interview, It seems to me, just from listening to what he had to say, that he's an advocate for removing the federal government cause from the funding of the school districts. It seems like under their tutelids for the last couple of decades, they've really screwed up this school district.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everything's on fire. Well, that's the problem with taking no responsibility for anything. You start making arguments that literally are arguing opposite of what you're trying to do. And yeah, I mean just he didn't stop to think about it, and nobody at CNN called him out, like, well, wait, what are you moron? Yeah, well, moron, they got the elected to the school board.
Speaker 18: What are you going to do?
Speaker 2: All right, thanks, Steve, appreciate it. Yeah. Wait, So so the system sucks so much you're mad they're changing the system because it's the only way you can make the argument that if you just throw more money at it. There's two arguments that you hear that to believe it, I don't. I don't know that even you believe it, but you always it's always one, Oh, we just need more money for it. Okay, Well, I can go to the school districts that have the highest per pupil funding and they have some of the worst test scores New York looking at you. It's a bismal up there, and they're I think they're the highest per pupil It might it's them or San Francisco, I can't remember, but but I mean, basically that's what you get. They're basically if you want to be embedded with one of these door kick teams, which is kind of it's FBI atf ice all of that. But when they're going after the like the the baddies, the Trendea, Rodwood, the murder dudes, it's it's, you know, the tactical FBI team, and and then the reporters. They're just filming all this and the look on these guys's faces. They're hiding in some scumbag apartment and all of a sudden there's eight dudes, a swat looking team there. That's amazing. And I read that right now. The US is averaging because they run deportation flights to Venezuela. They've averaged each week to roughly two planes, two hundred of these these gang these gang members, and they're just they're flying them back down to Caracas and then just dumping them off. The problem. The problem, in my opinion, is they're landing the plane to do it better, probably a thirty five thousand, although I don't want them to land on some innocent Venezuelan person, so maybe you know, outside of Caracas. But otherwise, a good job. That is awesome. Love to see that, all right. I told you I'm going to give you some investment advice, but it's not really because you're we That's why all of our adds. It's not investment advice because I'm not a financial advisor. But if you know, if you you're one of those people just loves the next thing and you don't care if your money burns because you spend a million dollars buying meme coins from the hawk to a girl, then uh, maybe a tutal capital has filed a to create a new ETF. Right, so you know, an investment a collection of investable things. And I'm not going to purport to be the expert here how all mutual funds and ETFs are put together. However, it is what this ETF is filled with. Right. You can get green energy ETFs, you can get oil and gas ETFs, you can get consumer goods, you can get anything under the sun or mutual funds that cover these things. Or you can get ones that have no Jews in them, like the college campus kids all want where they divest boycott stuff. Those exist. I don't know how they exist. That seems like it might be discriminatory, but whatever. So total capitals is different. They filed to invest in reverse engineered alien technology. This is and this is not some like no name things. It's legitimately a company that creates these files with the Securities and Exchange Commission to create these things and then people can invest. What does that mean? So my investment, my ETF investment is a portfolio of reverse engineered alien tech. Do you get some of it or you just get to invest in it? And like, how does that even work? The ticker if you would have looked this up, it's not live, it's not active. But the ticker is UFO D and it's technically called the UFO Disclosure AI powered ETF Matthew Tuttle, Chief executive Tuttle Capital say he's been interested in UFOs for years. Well, they are by definition an unknown quantity. Tuttle said he believed investing in UFOs and the technology they may use could take off once his product hits smart again. I don't even understand this, sir, but I'm sure this. I'm sure George Suklos just moved all his money into it. I don't know. I'm a trader. I look at UFOs and they're using pet what do you This whole thing is just weird, all right? So my advice, I don't know, good luck, But if you do get some alien reverse engineer technology because you're an initial investor, then maybe, but it has to be cool stuff. It can't you know, like you know, it can't be lame, right, I want I want badass laser guns or something right for deer honting, not for anything else. But uh maybe maybe that's the way, all right. Uh speaking of weird things. Uh, So they just had the dog the Big Dog Show the Westminster Kennel Club shot. I didn't. I didn't watch it, but if you like dogs, a lot of people watch it. It's fine. But I did happen to see a couple of people talking about it, and they weren't taking They were talking about the dogs, the purity of the breeds, the different breeds. But then they started having a conversation about some some uh some combo breeds. Right, so you got two peer breads being bred together to create different dogs, and there was two of them. They mentioned that I need some answers on the first one. The somebody bred a German shepherd with a Chihuahua. How I'm going to assume that chihuahua has to be the male, because if it was the female, the thing it probably explode when it got, you know, the litter, or maybe they're not meant to Who the hell knows, I don't know how does that work? And then the second one is the most terrifying dog breed I've ever heard of. It's a pit bull bread with a Chihuahua. What did the chihuahuas do to you? Can you imagine the temperament of a Chihuahua that barks at the wind for ten hours and thinks it's eight hundred pounds in bulletproof? Like that attitude that chihuahuas exude all known for. And then you you're like, what if we mixed it with a pit bull? What are we doing? You want one of those in your house?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: It's not again, I understand Ross was telling me your your chuahwas had been they were what pincer the miniature pinch.
Speaker 8: We had two regular chuaoists, but the one that was absolutely that crap crazy was a mini pincher Chiuaha mix. And the problem with a lot of these Chiuahua mixed breeds with the bigger dogs or even like the pincher, is the back legs the body of the chiuaha, right, It's the way it walks like it can't support the back legs. So what happened with our chiua, and it's very common, is the back legs just gave out. And you'll see some of these, like these videos on social media wh people are like, oh, look at this cute dog. It's sort of walking towards the camera and its back legs are sort of swaying back and forth doing this funny walk. Isn't that cute? Like that's like a dog with a disability.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're making fun of somebody who's like a paraplegia.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, that dog's legs eventually are going to give out. So that's the problem with those dogs.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 8: Yeah, two of our chuaus, the ones that were choa chuas, they were some of the nicest dogs you've ever met. They would never bark anything, super quiet. There were more like cats. The other one, the pincumis absolutely crazy, just insane.
Speaker 2: Is that the one that would only let you touch it? Yeah?
Speaker 8: It literally bit every member of my family. Like like at a pet store, we got something marking never dating, and we went to a pet store and there was a chuao in the you know, in the in the in the case, and it was like, first sale fifty bucks and.
Speaker 2: We're like, oh my god, what's wrong with it?
Speaker 8: Why is it dog? Fifty dollars? And the guy that was working there looked like Dolph Lundron, like like a really big bodied, older type guy. And he looked at me with dread and he's like, you don't want you don't want that dog. And I'm like why, I look at a little tiny look and the guy pulls his sleeves back and there's all these bite and scratch marks and he's like, that dog is crazy, and I'm like, I want it. And I went over and I picked it up, just picked it up. I'm like, you're my dog now and the dog and the guy was like, no, one's been able to pick that dog up. No, but I don't know how you're doing that right now, Like, well, it's meant to be okay. And if we had not adopted that dog, that dog would have been put down with no question.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, that's crazy that he's got it in the case. He's like, you don't want that Yeah, fifty bucks? How long did how long did that dog live with you?
Speaker 8: Like twenty years?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so apparently worked out and again like miniature pincer mixed with the Chiuaha, like a small dog, small or smaller dog and then very small dog. I understand that. I just I can't see. I just can't see a German Shepherd pulling up behind a Chihuahua or vice versa. Do you have to hold the chihuahua? How does that work? Get it a little table?
Speaker 13: Look?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I don't under Maybe you have some dog breed people are like, no, a pit bull mixed with the Chihuahua. They're amazing. Kids love them. It's the Gandhi of chihuahuas and the Gandhi of pit bulls and everything's fine. Or that's that's more terrifying to me than the Boston Dynamics flamethrower dog. I don't know. Let's get raised Stagic in here. See what he thinks about this. So they had that big dog show and they were talking about some of the mixed breeds and I don't have him in the show because some of the more interesting ones. And they were taking somebody bred a German Shepherd with a Chihuahua. Oh, I'm not sure how that you know what?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 2: They remind me of you ever see a picture of Shaquille O'Neil with the women he dates because he has a thing for like under five foot little women. And then you see him out in public, and that's what I saw with the German show. And then they have a pit bull Chihuahuah, which sounds like the most terrifying thing I've ever heard of as dogs are concerned.
Speaker 6: Sounds like a movie.
Speaker 2: You'd probably breed a wolf with that breed next and then have a triple.
Speaker 6: Car like Kujo or something. Right, geez man, sounds nasty.
Speaker 2: You got the you got the pit bull power with the chihuahua attitude? Oh no, thank you?
Speaker 6: Interested? Yeah, sure they are.
Speaker 2: Should we let the dogs outside or keep them inside?
Speaker 11: Now?
Speaker 2: Going on?
Speaker 16: Nah, they're probably going to be a brief visit outside like my dog did today, in and out it was all over with cold uh cocker spaniel. Okay, all right, yeah little so if you thought of breeding it, really wow, No, probably not going to do that, all right anyway.
Speaker 6: Anyway, it's really my wife and kids dog.
Speaker 16: But anyway, cold morning, low in mid thirties and where we're seeing the temperatures near freezing is to our north, Caswell, Rockingham, Stokes, Surrey, counties, Yatkin County, Wilkes County.
Speaker 6: All winter weather advisories.
Speaker 16: There's some spotty freezing drizzle and coming out of some of the mountain counties out near Bunkham and Yancy, Knavery Counties getting some reports of some ice in just a little bit of damage. But we're going to be a cold rain for most of us, most west end north in terms of the ice and any leftover snow. It's occasional rain and showers today, probably gonna hold in the thirties, but rising temperatures overnight tonight to the forties, the low and mid forties with occasional rain and showers and areas of fog. The ugly weather continues tomorrow with more scattered showers around, but we will get into the upper fifties, maybe the low sixties in the afternoon, especially for the Triangle. Finally, get the wet weather out from Friday, sunshine, mid to upper forties, twenties at night, so we'll be a little bit colder than a little more rain coming in for at least the first part of the weekend. Second part of the long weekend, meaning by later Sunday and on until Monday, should have some clearing sky, but it looks like some chilly weather early next week too, Casey. So wet weather today, probably tapering off sometime early to mid afternoon tomorrow. We get a break Friday, but more rain coming as we look ahead towards the beginning of the weekend, so that's Saturday and then possibly lasting into a part of Sunday before we get some dryer air back in early next week.
Speaker 6: Does look a little bit better, but chillier.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you very much, appreciate it, sir. Okay, I don't send me pictures of their small dogs. It's not you can have small dogs in Boston. But what is that, Boston, Paul? Is that at Wow? I don't even know what that is. I'm just saying that if a German shepherd tries to get on that thing, maybe you should stop it. Okay, I'm looking out for your dog. All right. We'll come back with Jeff bell internext via poem This morning with Jeff Bellingder. Jeff, how are you doing today?
Speaker 19: I'm doing well, Casey?
Speaker 7: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm pretty good so that you didn't have to go to the office, So good on you, man.
Speaker 19: Yeah, yeah, we had just enough palable snow to make things a little dangerous overnight. But the government's latest reading on inflation came out just a short time ago, came in hot, the numbers going to keep the Federal Reserve on hold for some time. The Consumer Price Index rose five tenths percent in January, the core CPI, which omits food and energy costs, rose four tenths percent, and the CPI was up three percent year over year. All of those readings are higher than expected. It is pointed out there are seasonal adjustment issues every January because so many businesses tend to hike prices at the start of the year. So we'll see whether the numbers improve this month. But right now investors are not happy. The S and P futures are down fifty nine points, Nasdaq futures are down two hundred and twenty five, and the Dow futures are down three hundred and ninety nine. Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell told a Senate panel yesterday the Central Bank can be patient and wait for inflation to ease further before lowering borrowing costs again. Powell will be back on Capitol Hill today he appears before a House committee refine Demand continued to keep mortgage bankers busy. Last week, applications from homeowners looking to refinance their loans jumped more than nine percent after increasing more than twelve percent the prior week. There was a more than two percent drop in requests for new mortgages, and the average interest rate on a thirty year fixed strate home loan ticked down to six point ninety five percent. And case Apple is changing its maps app, renaming the Gulf of Mexico the Gulf of America in response to the executive order from President Trump. The government's official map and Google Map app already reflects that change.
Speaker 2: Casey, Hey, we just found out that Paul's Maddie is going to be playing Art bell in an upcoming movie, and so now we're wondering, when they eventually get around to making the Jeff Bellinger biopic, which actor do you want to play?
Speaker 4: You boy?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 19: I mean, I can't think of any actor that I resemble, but you know, I think Tom Hanks can play just about anybody, whether comedic or serious. So I'll nominate Tom Hanks.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, very good, Thank you very much, appreciate.
Speaker 19: Okay, have a good day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So Ross, I gotta hold on. He's on the phone button. All right.
Speaker 8: See, I was thinking, like Samuel Jackson.
Speaker 2: I was gonna go with Kat Williams for me, but kidding, I don't know. So Ross has told me is literally right before I went to Jeff So I haven't seen this story. So they're doing one. They're doing an Art Bell movie and then Paul Giamati is going to play him. I like the sound of that. Man, I'd go see that for sure. I love Paul Jamadi there. So does it say when that movie is gonna come out?
Speaker 8: No, it does not. Just saw on Nerdrotics posted about it.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, all right, I'll probably look a little more into that. That'll be interesting. There's like because there's a let me tell you, guys want to hear in Art Bell's story. This is and I actually I had heard this story, and then when I had a chance to uh hang out with George Norri when we did the Greensboro event, I literally asked him about it. He said it's true. So, uh, Art Bell obviously did that show for years and years and years, and eventually premiere who is the syndicator of the show. They syndicate most of the shows you hear on the station. Actually they ended up buying it. I'm not sure exactly what it was structured like, but the story I heard was I think they paid him like sixty million dollars or something for the show. But art Bell is so legendarily frugal, a frugal only then did he buy his first new car ever, and he was. It's not like he wasn't getting paid. The guy was making a lot of money, but he got that big chunk. So we went out and bought a new car for the first time ever. It was a Saturn. It was a base model Saturn, which I guess this space reference there. But also so he was legendarily frugal, which is not a knock. It's just these are the little things that you wonder if they're going to be able to capture when they do a movie. Ross, who do you want to play you? I think I know the answer to this.
Speaker 8: I would probably say David Spade, Joe Dirt.
Speaker 2: Here we go, really Joe Dirt, and go Joe Dirt. Okay, I think did he have the Joe Dirt hat while he's her hair while he's playing you? Yeah?
Speaker 8: No, I want him to do I want him to play me as Joe Dirt, i'd so yeah. It's David Spade as Joe Dirt as me.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, very good. I'm gonna go with the Brad Pitt I think probably They probably do a stunt double for it too. Looks so much like so