Speaker 1: This is Dan Caples and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download, and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform. The American way is to fight that, and the American way is to protect others. And I have this right now, this combination of emotions going on I don't think I've ever had at the same time before, and it is a combination of incredible gratitude and unfathomable rage. And I have him at the same time, and I've never had him at the same time before because I have gratitude all the time. My mom taught us that every morning when you woke up, since I was a little kid, every morning when you wake up, think of the five things.
Speaker 2: You're grateful for that day.
Speaker 1: So I've always had that gift from my mom of gratitude and extreme gratitude. But I've never had that emotion at the same time. I felt this rage where I don't know if i'd trust myself if I've got my hands on this guy. Maybe it was a woman, but I'm ninety nine point nine percent sure it was a guy, because he almost killed my daughter. And I'm going to find him, and I'm going to find him with your help. And I'm going to give somebody a big fat reward if they can help me find this guy. And so here's what happened, right. You know, we talk about on this show all the time. We say, Hey, one thing I've learned over the years doing the kind of law I do is when the light turns green, look both ways before you go. When the light turns green, do not drive forward. Look both ways. Because Colorado right now has become so many reckless drivers right who are just running red lights. Sometimes they're drugged up, sometimes they just think they can get away with anything. But you've heard callers to this show, Hey, Dan, thanks so much for saying that, because I did that and then I would have been killed if I got out in the intersection. We had one of those calls last week, right, Ryan, somebody who called and said that. So what I've suggested on air is talk about it at the dinner table. Tell your kids, don't go when the light turns green, somebody may be running that red light.
Speaker 2: Look both ways.
Speaker 1: So our wonderful, amazing daughter, she is at a red light and the light turns green, and she doesn't go because we drill it into her at dinner. You know, don't go when the light turn not every dinner, but we bring it up and then I tell these stories from.
Speaker 2: The show when people call and say it saved him.
Speaker 1: So anyway, she calls me up and she, you know, very composed kid, very sharp, handles situations real well.
Speaker 2: She calls me up.
Speaker 1: She is extremely upset and she says, I could have just been kicked old. I said, what happened? She said, the light turned green, and I waited a long time and I didn't go. And as I started to go, here comes this big semi barreling down Bellevue.
Speaker 2: She said, probably sixty or more miles per hour, right through a red light.
Speaker 1: So she has a green light and this semi blows left to right, right through the red light, and it would have absolutely obliterated her.
Speaker 2: It would have killed her instantly. I know.
Speaker 1: I do those cases all the time, so I've been on a mission to try to get to the bottom of this. So the good news is we finally have video. We got video, so I've got a picture of this truck in the angle I got the video from You can see the light that our daughter had, solid green, solid green, and you can see this semi coming into that intersection while she has a solid green light. And I don't care if that was a Volkswagen bug coming into the intersection.
Speaker 2: It's a lethal weapon at that point.
Speaker 1: But this is an enormous eighteen wheeler and it's carrying all this heavy equipment. That son of that driver, that driver knew, absolutely new they.
Speaker 2: May kill somebody, and they did it.
Speaker 1: Anyway, when you're driving anything, let alone a semi through a light a solid red. Because the way this light sequencing works, for our daughter to have that solid green light, that trucker, that westbound trucker on Bellvue had to have a solid red light for a long time. And we're pulling the exact sequencing of that light so we will be able to show how long how long that light was solid red for let alone yellow, solid red, And I'm going to post I'm going to post the photos so everybody can see solid green light for our daughter and this semi blowing right through the intersection.
Speaker 3: First practical question is on everybody's mind, including my own. First of all, thank God, Caroline's okay, and thank god she feeded your advice, Dan, because I do it too.
Speaker 4: I do the same thing.
Speaker 2: Reminder of that, like you.
Speaker 4: And like some of our colors, I've witnessed the same thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like you pause, Here comes a car, right, a clear red light not orange?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, no, so no in the video.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're way ahead of me on this, I'm sure.
Speaker 3: But for the listeners out there, are you able to identify, zoom in and clarify the license plate on the truck?
Speaker 2: Here's here's the challenge.
Speaker 1: It is a side angle, which is great in the sense that it you can see the solid green while the truck enters. Okay, so you have that angle. That's going to be very good for law enforcement. But it's a side angle, so you don't have plates. Now, as you know, it's a semi so it's dot right, so you're going to have all that on the side right. The problem is the quality of the video we have. Now I'm sending it to a former FBI analyst and hopefully they can use their technology to get us a clear read on that. But in the meantime, I've got to get people's help to try to identify this trucker. And my hope is that just wanting to make the world safer, plus a little financial sweetener will will help help because somebody, somebody is going to be able to look at that and say, yeah, I know that truck because the cargo, the load, Ryan, it was a semi eighteen wheeler with the full cab and then it has the flatbed and it's carrying a bunch of heavy equipment and machinery on the flatbed. So it's going to be the kind of load that somebody out there is going to be able to recognize.
Speaker 2: It's just not another trailer.
Speaker 3: I know how doggedly you fight on behalf of your client.
Speaker 2: Stand Biden Man, you put Caroline Man in the equation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my good.
Speaker 2: Whoever you are, I'm going to find you. I mean that it is only a matter of time. Now.
Speaker 1: I'm going to find you, and I am going to work within the system. But I'm going to work within the system to make sure you can't hurt anybody else out there. I mean, and that driver is really really lucky, right because that driver right now easily looking at vehicular homicide charges if she had simply gone when the light turn green, right, if she went, when the light turn green, she's dead.
Speaker 2: It's that simple.
Speaker 1: So a driver like that, a driver like that needs to be fully prosecuted. Now we got this big gaping hole in Colorado law when it comes to traffic stuff. So there's only so much you can do to somebody like that, correct, But they got to be fully prosecuted. That company has to be investigated. Maybe it's the one off. Maybe it's a great company, and you got a one off, reckless driver who easily could have killed somebody there, could have killed you know, and obviously we're talking about our daughter, most important thing in the world to.
Speaker 2: Me, could have killed a family of eight.
Speaker 1: If it had been a family of eight that it's simply gone when the light turned green, they are all dead.
Speaker 3: Might have George Brockler join you today, Dan, because he just got a conviction on a somewhat similar case trunk driving at a gas station at like a seven eleven. But just one final thing, because I go full detective mode on stuff like this true crime. You can't see the plate you mentioned dot, You mentioned the green equality of the video, but aren't there marks on the side of the truck that should be able to identify it if you were able to read it like number.
Speaker 2: Definitely all of that.
Speaker 1: And again that's a clue in and of itself, right because we can tell this is a late model cap So we can tell this is a company with resources and it's got You can tell because you can't.
Speaker 2: Read it, but you can see all the lines.
Speaker 1: So they follow dot, They've got their dot number, They've got all the other identifiers you can see Ryan by virtue of the type of equipment that they have. Everything else. This is this is likely, and it's an important clue. This is likely a larger This is likely a larger operation. So that helps us right out of the gate.
Speaker 2: So I have a question.
Speaker 5: Were there other cars around her that actually went no and had a garage?
Speaker 2: Thank god there weren't. She was she was. I'll ask her if there's anybody behind her. But she was the first car and line. Oh wow, she was the first car and line. But I'll show you, guys, I'll show you guys.
Speaker 1: The picture during the break. And we have got to find this guy for everybody's safety. We've got to find this guy. Personal favor, I want your help finding this guy because this simple truth is if she had gone when the light turned green.
Speaker 2: She's dead and and we've got to find this guy.
Speaker 1: Three or three someone three eight two five five text d A N five seven seven three nine.
Speaker 4: And now back to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 1: We got the video of this trucker running a solid red, solid red. My daughter was waiting when the light turned green. She didn't go, and she credits her guardian Angel and I do too, but she did not go. She said it was green for a couple of seconds before this trucker blew through. She estimated sixty seventy eighty miles an hour on Bellevue. And I've got the photo. So I want everybody to help in finding this guy. And so we're going to get that posted. I'll put up some kind of reward, and just for public safety, we need to find him. Let's go to the phone lines talk with Corey and Castle Pines here on the Dankaplas Show.
Speaker 2: Welcome Corey.
Speaker 6: Hey Dan, I've been driving locally here in Denver for forty two years and a own own company since ninety nine.
Speaker 2: And I have a lot.
Speaker 6: Of contact, you know a lot of people, I mean in the hundreds. So if I can get the you know, the pictures and video.
Speaker 7: We I've got belonged to several local Facebook.
Speaker 8: Pages and we'll find out who it is just by looking at the truck. So, yeah, Corey, you don't take long.
Speaker 2: No, you are the man.
Speaker 1: If you could do me a favor, Kelly, can you give Corey myself and do you mind just hitting me on my cell and and I'll get you.
Speaker 2: I'll get you the photo right away. Absolutely, all right, man, Hey, really appreciate it. Thank you, and there.
Speaker 1: And I know you're not doing this for any kind of reward, but there will be some kind of tangible expression of our gratitude.
Speaker 6: I don't need anything due.
Speaker 8: Yes, I mean I push Yellow's myself, but not not when they're read.
Speaker 2: Oh dude, dude, you will see this photo.
Speaker 6: You just can't do it.
Speaker 1: You will see this photo, solid solid red in a semi And she estimated the speed at sixty to eighty.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and that's all right on belvye because I'm forty five on BELLVU.
Speaker 2: No, that's right, that's right. Yeah, No, hey, appreciate the help.
Speaker 8: Not a good spot.
Speaker 2: Hey, thank you.
Speaker 1: If you'd hold Kelly, you'll give you myself. Yep, thank you, man, appreciate that that's see.
Speaker 2: That's very encouraging. Mark and Morrison. You're on the Dankaplas Show.
Speaker 7: Welcome, Hey, Dan, how you doing.
Speaker 9: I'm glad your daughter's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you. Oh man, I'm still shaking.
Speaker 10: Oh.
Speaker 9: A big question for me is if you've already done a police report?
Speaker 2: No, no, are you going to do one?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 1: Yeah, as soon as I can identify as I've got a former FBI guy trying to use some of their technology to get to be able to read the side, read the dot, read everything else on the side.
Speaker 2: Because the video we have is low quality.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it doesn't matter on you know what. I've been in law enforcement about.
Speaker 8: The same amount of time as your dad has, wow and or had.
Speaker 9: But to get it to local law enforcement and get it out to crime stoppers. And when you have a route like that on Bellevue, even if it's going from east to west, it's going to have other cameras in the area that are going to be more functional, more clear, maybe be able to enhance them a little bit. And even if you get it to law enforcement, there are different Like you said, your FBI buddy can throw it out there, and there's difference church engines that can clear up those numbers.
Speaker 2: Awesome.
Speaker 9: So just I think it's important that you get into law enforcement first. You don't want to have digital anti out there. All your fans love what you do.
Speaker 2: And what you do for.
Speaker 9: People, and our Catholics in the community. I think it's just a good idea to start first because they can probably do just as much as anybody else. And once it gets out there on crime stoppers, that's crime solved all the time.
Speaker 2: That is a great suggestion.
Speaker 1: Mark, sure appreciate that, man, Thank you, Sure do appreciate that you too, Thank.
Speaker 2: You, my friend.
Speaker 1: And and like most people, we're fortunate to have very very good law enforcement in our city, so Texter says Dan. If this was in a Repo County or Terry Hills, if you know any officers, they have a tool called force metrics that they might be able to look at different phrases, quote semi running red light to find it. Also, flocked safety has license plate readers and those police agencies might have flock LPRs at various places close to that intersection. That from Alexa, Thank you Alexa. That is great to hear. Dan, truck or pee here. I've been in the industry almost thirty years, and I've seen the quality of truck drivers go way downhill.
Speaker 2: I believe it's due to a lot of.
Speaker 1: Unqualified and illegal drivers being hired by desperate trucking companies. I operate my rig is if every other car on the road had one of my family members in it. See that's why I say that you got a lot of hero truckers out there, right, the people who do it right, because that's a hard job, and the people who do it right are heroes.
Speaker 2: And the ones who don't. We talk about this all the time, you are in more danger.
Speaker 1: We were just talking about that two days ago, right, Ryan, that everybody listening to this show, you and your family members are probably in more danger from reckless truckers than anything else in your life right now. And the great ones heroes, the reckless ones menace to society. Dan, get a dash can for all your cars. I've been saying that forever. I know for mine, I was trying to get one through the dealer because just knowing me, if I do it after market, the whole damn thing's going to blow up. Right, So now you are a thousand percent right. We've talked about that as a family see, we got lucky here because when you see this photo, and I do I appreciate the good advice of our caller that, yeah, I didn't realize. I knew my former FBI guy might be able to access some technology to read it. I didn't realize law enforcement might be willing to take this on. My assumption was since we didn't have an actual fatal wreck, etc.
Speaker 2: But if law.
Speaker 1: Enforcement can crack the code, or I can get this through a former FBI guy, you know, we'll do it that way.
Speaker 3: Are we dealing with Greenwood Village police? In this case, it'd be Cherry Hills?
Speaker 2: Okay? Yeah, it was on the Cherry Hills side of Bellevue. Okay.
Speaker 3: So another question is, because there's a chance you never know that one of our listeners might have been near that intersection at that time.
Speaker 4: What day and time did it take place?
Speaker 2: You never know? You never know. It was a week ago.
Speaker 1: We just got the video, so yeah, it was a week ago today, and I'll get the exact date and everything.
Speaker 2: I want to make sure I don't mix that up.
Speaker 1: But we've got the precise time because we've got the precise time off the video time code, so we know the precise time. But yeah, no, that's a good suggestion, Ryan, because this is this is not.
Speaker 2: Your typical semi.
Speaker 1: Not your typ It is a full sized beast of a semi, but it's a flat bed loaded up with different kind of equipment materials, so it would be more recognizable and more memorable texture.
Speaker 5: Hey, down, we just had a caller he could not stay on. But he's also a trucker and he says that if you know the color of the equipment, you know, you will be able to basically know the trucking company because everybody's equipment is different, whether it's Sunstay or United Rentals or all of that.
Speaker 2: If you have a picture of the wed the collar, we've got that. It's a red cab. We've got the color.
Speaker 3: And to the previous callers point, that has been a trucker too.
Speaker 4: I bet if he sees.
Speaker 3: It or some of his associates see it, they'll be able to pinpoint it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then the question is, you know, if it's an associate, are they going to be willing to come forward? Right, because that's not going to make you very popular with your own company. Yeah, but that's why we want to add some kind of tangible reward here, so thank you, we will. I think I'm going to take that caller suggestion. I should know by tomorrow if my former FBI guy, because we work with a lot of those guys in the law practice, you know, on gals as well, and they've got all that great expertise and access to resources, and if they can't crack the code on this, then we'll take the next step with with law enforcement. But one way to the other, I will find this guy.
Speaker 2: I will report to you.
Speaker 1: I won't do anything outside the bounds of the law, but I don't do everything evenly possible within the law, not out of vengeance, but to protect the public. And the simple reality is if our daughter, most precious thing in the world, right to everybody is their children, if she had gone when the light turned green, she wouldn't be here.
Speaker 4: You're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Want you think Vladimir Putin wants peace? I think he does. Yes, I think he does. I think is a reigning missiles. I think he really is.
Speaker 11: His dream was to take over the whole country. I think because of me, he's not going to do that.
Speaker 2: Do you trust him?
Speaker 11: I think? Do you trust him. I don't trust you. I don't trust I don't trust a lot of people. I don't trust you. Look at you.
Speaker 2: You're come in all shooting for bear. You're so happy to do the interview. I am you start hit me with fake questions.
Speaker 11: He saw telling me that a guy whose hand is covered the tattoo doesn't have the tattoo.
Speaker 2: You know, I mean you're being dishonest. No, I'm not.
Speaker 11: Leonois's not so I trust. I don't trust a lot of people, but I do think this. I think that here. Let's say he respects me, and I believe because of me, he's not going to take over the whole. But his decision, his choice would be to take over all of Ukraine.
Speaker 2: Ok, it's the war that never should have happened.
Speaker 1: See this is so beautiful, right, and it really helps protect us as a nation that the Trump is so strong. He goes out, he sits down with all of these all of these press who are out.
Speaker 2: To get him.
Speaker 1: Right, he just did the Atlantic, now he's doing ABC, et cetera. And then he shows such tremendous strength and really really mental acuity in taking on these attackers. And that's what they are in these interviews is these attackers.
Speaker 2: So very glad that.
Speaker 1: He's doing these interviews to begin with, and I think it's sets a great example for Republicans for years to come, you know, and you know, don't elect people who don't have the skill set to be able to take on all comers and expose them during the interview. It shows voters, shows the public, It shows the nation's allies and enemies. It shows them the kind of strength and ability that will actually deter problems. So really glad to see the President do that.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I chose that particular cut from the interview because it ties into this really important breaking news. And as a guy who has not wanted to see Putin win, because as I'm set on air forever, you know, Putin is Satan. I mean, he's Satan on Earth and a Satan in a suit, and so any right thinking person would want to see Putin lose, not be rewarded for the raping and pillaging of Ukraine. And unfortunately he is going in the end to have some gains. And that's because of the weakness that of Joe Biden that encouraged Putin to come in, the weakness of Barack Obama before Joe Biden. Let's see what happened during the Trump first term.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he didn't go in. But anyway, anyway, this is great.
Speaker 1: News for those of US who want to see Putin at the very least at this point not get any more gains. And that is the US and Ukraine just signed this deal, this economic deal for minerals. And I'll give you the Wall Street version of the piece. And this is significant, I think quite obviously for reasons so far beyond the cash involved, etc. It's significant because it sends aloud and clear message to Russia that US has skin in the game in Ukraine now and US has an important economic interest in Ukraine, and Putin isn't going to be able to roll over the country. And so I love this in so many ways. So just part of the story says the US and Ukraine signed a deal Wednesday for access to Ukrainian mineral wealths, overcoming last minute haggling that held up the agreement. But here's what I really like about what the White House is doing here, the messaging with this Treasury Secretary held the deal step forward and negotiated end to the war in Ukraine and the beginning of the country's reconstruction. In a tightly controlled negotiation, the Trump administration dropped its insistence that the agreement allowed Washington to crew billions of dollars of past military aid.
Speaker 2: Quote.
Speaker 1: As the President has said, the United States is committed helping facilitate the end of this cruel and senseless war. This agreement signals clearly to Russia that the Trump administration is committed to a peace process centered on a free, sovereign and prosperous Ukraine over the long term. The agreement marks a high point for relations between Kiev and Washington. A one on one meeting between President Trump and Ukrainian President Flood Marsolenski at the Vatican ahead of the pope funeral appears to have eased the tension. So I love this Ryan. I think that it is a clear, tangible, concrete projection of strength aimed at Putin.
Speaker 2: And I do believe you know peace through strength. It will bring the.
Speaker 1: End of this meat grinder war more quickly, and it will hopefully prevent Putin from gaining any more territory. So very important. Encouraging news of the day. Three or three someone three eight, two five five The number text d A n five seven seven three nine.
Speaker 2: What if it doesn't, because listen, Putin is evil.
Speaker 1: What if Putin did he doesn't care about these lives of these Russian boys who are just being you know, chewed up on the battlefield, and all these innocent Ukrainians who have fought so bravely for their country in the face of this invasion and rape and pillaging.
Speaker 2: So what if Putin says, screw it, I'm just going to go full bore. What do you think Trump would do at that point? What do you think he should do?
Speaker 1: Love your take on that, Dan, I'd like to see a public service announcement, says a Texter on your TV and radio ads regarding pausing at green lights.
Speaker 2: Hey, thank you. I'm going to do that.
Speaker 1: I'm going to do some of that because we've been talking about on air, Aryan, how many calls have we had It's not a ton, but one makes my year. How many calls have we had from people who have said, hey, man, heard you talking on the show.
Speaker 2: Don't go when the light turns green because so many people are running red lights. I waited.
Speaker 1: It saved my life, right, So yeah, that's a great suggestion text.
Speaker 2: I will make that happen. I can't promise on what scale, but on.
Speaker 3: Some scale I have taken that advice to heart. And I don't know that it's as far as it would have saved my life, but it certainly would have saved my car on more than one occasion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like the one we're talking about today, where without question, our daughter would have been killed if she did not do that. And I'm not saying she waited when the light turned green because of me at all. I mean what she says is her guardian angel.
Speaker 2: She just felt it. She just felt she had to wait.
Speaker 1: And then I just showed Ryan and Kelly the picture we got the picture now.
Speaker 2: Of this eighteen wheeler.
Speaker 1: Roaring through this intersection against a solid red Because you can see our daughter's light solid green.
Speaker 2: She said it had been green for seconds and she just waited. Yeah, so we're going to.
Speaker 1: Find that guy, and within the bounds of the law, do everything possible.
Speaker 2: Dan, go get him. Glad you have great resources.
Speaker 1: Probably anyone who's been driving several years has had this kind of close call. The one I'll always remember was about thirty years ago, then months.
Speaker 2: Ago had a rock store.
Speaker 1: Oh, similar to the horror and jeffco fortunately his name was off that from Peter and Colorado Springs. And thank you Peter for mentioning it, because I am very grateful that. Yeah, yeah, you know, I do have the resources to go spend whatever and need to spend to track this guy down. And since he would have killed my daughter, there is no doubt if she had gone when the light turned green, she is in heaven now she's no longer with us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I am.
Speaker 1: Grateful that I have the resources to track them down, and I will Dan Trump say, blanking blank hole, thank you for your support.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: I noticed he's not calling the show to actually have a conversation because, as we documented yesterday, President Trump just had the most successful first hundred days of I think any president in modern American history.
Speaker 2: But Dan, when and where are you going to post the photos? Good question? Trying to figure that out right now?
Speaker 3: Can I tweet it out or post it a next there?
Speaker 2: Oh? Brother, I'll put it everywhere, but when you put it on X.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying is I can retweet it from the six thirty K I account here at Denver and my own great so.
Speaker 1: And what I want to do, what I want to do and it's it's you know, caller suggested earlier as well. I started the show with this, saying that we you know, in our law practice, we work with former FBI a bunch in our civil practice trying to track down to.
Speaker 2: And evidence and things like that.
Speaker 1: So I've got a former FBI guy who's accessing some technology to see if they can read the side of this semi because all the dot stuff, all the other identifiers are there. It's just the video we have of the semi running the red is so blurry. It's not blurry, right, Ryan, you saw it, but the writing on the side cannot be read. So hopefully we can clear that up with technology find them that way. If we can't, then yeah, I'm going to post it everywhere because this semi is unusual enough, and that it's not just a and that's why this has to be a big company.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: It's not just a very large tractor. It's a sleeper. It's a sleeper cab. It's a very large red sleeper cab, huge sleeping compartment, biggest I've seen. And it's carrying a flatbread with all this heavy material on it. So I think it's going to be much easier for folks out there to recognize and if someone's willing to come forward, tell us who it is. But one way or the other will find this guy. Hey, everybody on the line. Text will get right.
Speaker 2: Back to you.
Speaker 1: And we're going to have George Brockler at some point right we're looking forward to that.
Speaker 2: You're on the Dan Capitlas Show.
Speaker 4: And now back to the Dan Taplass Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Really important breaking news this afternoon, the US signs the minerial deal with Ukraine, and the statement issued at the same time is hey, this is a message to Putin. You know, the US now, the US now has this very important strategic relationship with Ukraine. Three h three someone three eight two five five text d An five seven, seven through nine. Obviously Trump doesn't want more war. If you want war, then convey weakness. If you want to prevent war, convey strength. Trump has been masterful at peace through strength, and I think this is another one of these moves. He tried the other approach with Putin. Putin spit in his face and hammered Ukraine. Trump obviously isn't pleased with that, and now he's he's going to get.
Speaker 2: This piece one way or the other.
Speaker 1: But now he's going to do it through the piece through strength approach, which he has been again masterful with. Also really appreciate all the text and calls coming in on the reckless trucker who would have killed our daughter. There is no question if she had gone when the light turned green, she would be debt.
Speaker 2: There is no doubt about it.
Speaker 1: And we've got the film, we've got the video, and you can now see the trucker. Her light is a solid green and this full semi roars through the intersection against a solid red. So if she had gone when when the light turned green, she is gone. So no matter what it takes, I'm going to find this trucker. And I'm going to limit my response to what is permissible within the bounds of the law, but it will be a full throated response because he would have killed our daughter and I don't want him killing anybody else either, and want to get to the bottom of who he works for and how that company operates. Maybe it's a great company and this is a one off, but it's a one off killer because he would have killed David and Boulder. You're on the Dan Kapla, Sh'll welcome.
Speaker 7: Hey, Dan, horrible story about your daughter, and it is so important. I've got an eighteen year old daughter. I'm a new driver. Yeah, and sixteen year old girl up and Boulder died last week running a red light. You got t bones. Sixteen year old kid up at Boulder High I think supposedly wrecked his car last night on Flagstaff Road. He's in the calm other going to harvest jargons. Anybody's listening with these kids need to be so safe and so careful. I mean that a horrible story about always business partner that came out today.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Second, everything can change one second. Oh yeah, in life, and these families are all fractured and craft people need.
Speaker 10: To be careful.
Speaker 1: And and then this is a perfect example, right because because no matter how careful you are, if if that other person is is reckless enough. And and that's that's how we got to crack downe and that stuff. I mean, if she had gone when the light turned green, she would have been a careful driver, right, but she'd be dead.
Speaker 10: Thank god.
Speaker 7: That's she was cogitant enough to not do it. Yeah, we forever something like that happened.
Speaker 2: You know, I yeah, I don't even know.
Speaker 7: How you congrets on that I know follow but thank god you say yeah now, and I was all, you know, I was initially calling before that conversation though, big news. Thank god the auto tariffs that switch last week by Trump. It's going to really change and make things a lot different. People don't realize it's the second biggest industry in the United States that for healthcare. You know, between building cars, selling new cars, use cars, servicing cars, carts, everything has to do with cars. It's the second biggest industry in the United States. And having those tears taken off are gonna hopefully give that industry some room debrief.
Speaker 1: Well, but you'd need there are still tariffs in effect, right, I mean he needs to find.
Speaker 7: The urn not they're yeah, not what they were talking, which will be much much different.
Speaker 2: So well they do you disagree, David?
Speaker 1: And I'm grateful for all the kind of thoughts for our daughter, but do you disagree with me that we need a healthy and robust American auto industry.
Speaker 7: I mean, there's no question, like you it's the second biggest industry in the US after healthcare. Yeah, so yeah, that thing's not healthy. It's never going to be healthy. And you know there's peaks and valleys. Things go up and down. You know, new cars a couple of years ago, prices are through the roof. People were paying addendums on top of the sticker price because they couldn't get anything. That's the danger of that happening again. So, yeah, made some money, but if you're on you know, you're making twice as much for car, but you're only selling this third as many cars as you used to sell. You're still not making any more money.
Speaker 10: Well, and then it.
Speaker 7: Makes the more expensive on used cars for people that can't afford new cars. And yeah, I mean it's the whole combination service in your car.
Speaker 2: I get it, David.
Speaker 1: But the bottom line is in the status quo with the industry before Trump has now stepped in to try to save and strengthen it. Were you happy with the status quo with the American car industry because it was it was trending down?
Speaker 7: Oh it's uh, Chad. Reality is American cars just for armbuilt as well as European and Asian engineered cars. It's a sad state. So what do they need to do to make it better? That's a big question that's been going on since the seventies.
Speaker 1: Well, but be part of that, and thank you, David lineser Jam. Part of that, again, is is our industry being able to compete on equal footing and allowing all these foreign cars to flood our market. You know, when when our manufacturers fail, these high tariffs overseas, you can't have that. I am simply unwilling. There's no logical reason to believe that American cars can't be made it as high or a higher level than any of these foreign cars. There's no logical reason to think that's true. I'm not doubting right now the beliefs that there are a lot of really well made foreign cars. But there's every reason on equal footing our industry can compete. Let's go to thorn and Centennial. You're on the Dan kaplash.
Speaker 10: Welcome, Hey, Dan. We'll more you with my life story. But I've been a lawyer for over forty years. In two thousand, I had a rough patch in life where I abandoned law practice and lived in the back of a truck for a year and drove one hundred thousand miles. Even back then, twenty five years ago, this company that I was running for out of Rockwall, Texas, was a refrigerated tractor trailer company. They knew the exact location of that rig at all times with a system called and I'm sure that's been replaced now, but if you if the COOT number is legible, you bet your website that you can go to to find the company and then the company will know exactly where that rig was horn.
Speaker 1: And I'm sorry the music means we have to bail, but you are one thousand percent correct. And I know because I do a ton of semi cases fatals around the country that yeah, once we can identify that rig, we'll get the electronic data that we'll put it at that intersection, we'll know the speed, and we're going straight to law enforcement.
Speaker 2: You're on the DAN Caplish