Speaker 1: Are you tired of the same old sports media? Are you tired of hot argument and questions that are just completely based?
Speaker 2: Lately we have something before humans, touchdowns of tangents of the people, for the people, by people.
Speaker 3: Who care about the cult church all commentary.
Speaker 1: Mhmm, what's up, good people? Touchdowns and Tangents here from Hawthorne, California. I'm P D Camrio and he is Kenneth Barry.
Speaker 4: But there's no sound in my headphones.
Speaker 1: I can it seems like a personal problem. I don't think you really needed I just.
Speaker 4: I cannot can hear myself whatever you did.
Speaker 1: Before that work anyways, to regularly schedule programming. This is Touchdowns and Tangents. I'm PD Camery and he is Ken James, and we are your Thursday night spot for NFL takes topical tangents for the culture used to be live but a shout out to speaker for messing that up.
Speaker 4: So should we say Thursday Night?
Speaker 1: So yeah, we're kind of recording a little bit earlier. Normally we'd be able to talk about the thunder game, but now it's happenings as we're recording. So outside of that, I mean, the news of the day is obviously Aaron Rodgers finally committing to a teams. Yeah, a lot of people applying the move saying tomlin is that's what Tomin needs. A veteran quarterback, do you think?
Speaker 2: I mean it'd be interesting because they just gave him the playbook ahead of time. It's just like, yeah, Aaron Rodgers don't need to be a mini camp. You need to make who's gonna play left guard? Because honestly, I think they should just move Braxton Jones back to left tackle and Troy Fantano should should have been a right guard, a left guard out the gate the way they originally planned it. The right tackle situation I think is pretty good. They took two old linements back to back. So yeah, back to Jones because I think he's been playing left and right. But uh, I think he should just be the guy left tackle because I'm sorry towards a c L he's only like six to four damn near hair over six three, Like, bro you should you should be playing left guard and it would enhance the overall toive line because they already have their guy at at center and they got the skill players. I think you gotta bringing a guy like Karon Rodgers. Really it was just counting down. There shouldn't be any mistakes.
Speaker 1: My whole thing is, is this Pittsburgh team any better than the Jets last year? Even if the Jets might have been the best, if the Jets would have been operating at full capacity from week one to Week sixteen, I think they would have been better. And also if they would have had Adams earlier, I think they would have been better. So I don't know about that. They also playing a really tough division. I mean, we know what the Ravens and the Bengals are gonna bring. The Browns I think are still going to be real competitive. So yeah, I don't know what to expect for Steeler fans, but I know they're gonna be excited. They're gonna be pumped. They're gonna spend money on jerseys and tickets and things of that nature, so good for them. They're gonna be annoying and talk shit, but that's what they do anyway. So I just don't know if it's going to be any better than I mean, even even last year's Pittsburgh team, like they made the playoffs, So what Rogers maybe makes a one game difference on that team. He had a whole turnover at skilled physicians. They're really just turning that whole offense over offen.
Speaker 4: Why I was injured.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's about the same situation except the head coach. So if Mike Tomlin could get them to the playoffs with Russell Wilson and Justin Fields, Aaron Rodgers can hold his own. He proved he had a great he had one of the best years.
Speaker 1: That's ironic. To win the Super Bowl against the Steelers and then win the Super Bowl with the Steelers.
Speaker 4: That'd be hilarious.
Speaker 2: And Tomlin might retire after that, but Aaron Rodgers could definitely retire after that. But honestly, they might end up trading TJ. Wak because that man wants to get paid. He hasn't even been at OTAs, So imagine trading TJ wat because you don't want to. But it's the Pittsburgh Steelers. They just developed all pro air rushers no matter who they draft, who they signed, anything else.
Speaker 1: You want to talk about, anything else, we need to talk about.
Speaker 2: Well, Frank Ragnall retired the Lion Center, All Pro, four time Pro Bowler. He retired after seven years about Arkansas and he helped usher in a new error for Lions football.
Speaker 4: He was everything that was bad.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised he didn't last a full ten years, but honestly, Andrews were really beating his body down. And for sinners, I feel like sinners take a lot of abuse and nobody really cares to talk about. And yes, I was a former center and tackle high school, played multiple spots, so I understand the beating of the Lions have a replacement on oh yeah, and they can also go sign old boy.
Speaker 4: The Raiders cut if they really needed a center. And Smith, Andre was Andre Miller. That's Andre. It was Andre Smith.
Speaker 1: We know we're talking about what's his name.
Speaker 2: I can't believe I'm Andre James, the Spencer James because you know, on all Americans that was horrible out running and Andre James was kind of horrible and some things. But whatever, crazy how he was a tackle in college and made his money as a center.
Speaker 4: But I could see, you know, Yeah.
Speaker 1: The other thing about playing center is it's a lot of stress on your knees. It's like being a catcher because you gotta be in your stands the longest, longer than anyone else.
Speaker 2: And people don't realize how flexible centers are, how how flexible, how.
Speaker 1: Strong they are. Look at Nigga Mango. I always think about that.
Speaker 4: Hand eye coordination to.
Speaker 2: Hand eye coordination for a center from snap to different people pressing their hands against your nether regions.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I feel like the lines, the one thing they do is they always keep centering. Let's just sit there thinking about they always find into your linement.
Speaker 2: Think about the life of a center. Bro, Someone's like hitting you in the gooch a thousand times a game, like, bro, Like, that's why they have like the.
Speaker 4: Core muscle injuries.
Speaker 2: That's why these guys lose all that weight they have to you're gonna die like it effects. Like people don't really talk about the effects that playing offensive line has on the human body. And I'm not even like I know, like you know, we'd be laughing and joking to be stick. But no, as a former center, like playing tackle was so much easier on my body than playing center because it's like, yeah, at tackle, it's a foot it's a foot knee thing.
Speaker 4: It's your feet and your knees.
Speaker 2: Do your feet in your knees work in unison, Okay, then then you'll be all right, you don't really get much, not gonna get a lot, maybe some hip injuries. But it also depends on you, know, how physical you play, the type of player you are. Some guys are all finessed with technique, and some guys will just start a fight at one end of a restaurant and end up in the parking lot.
Speaker 4: It just varies.
Speaker 2: But at center, it's just like, hey, you're at the center of a car crash.
Speaker 1: Every play, well, you're the start of the car crash. Everything starts.
Speaker 4: You're the car. You're actually the car.
Speaker 2: You're the one who's gonna get a hit at like seventy miles an hour by a blitzing linebacker that runs a four three forty and Vida Veya standing in front of you. So good luck with that, because getting hit that that's including was like getting hit in the chest with the slave Jamer even in high school.
Speaker 4: Bro like the beating a center takes.
Speaker 2: That's why like centers and fullbacks and de tackles just have special places in my heart.
Speaker 4: Because only the three of us.
Speaker 2: Really know how badly we fuck each other up, like we do destructive life altering damage to each other in the trenches, and we still manage to have a moral code. That's so it's like Frank Ragnall, one of the pro one of the truest professionals, one of the best Line, the best centers in Line's history, which is saying a lot because they've had a couple so you know, I'm glad he's retiring Joy's money, Joyce family, and he helped turn a franchise around, so good for him. But Dan Morgan Dan Campbell was like, we love Frank, but the goal is the goal.
Speaker 4: We gotta keep moving.
Speaker 2: Next man up, So it'll be interested to see if they go get Andre James though. I think that'd be ideal if they they got guys on that roster who can play multiple spots, so it would be interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Uh, moving on. I think this week's gonna be a lightning episode. But uh, college football, Kenny take it away.
Speaker 2: Uh, Well, the whole bowl schedule came out. The bowl schedule for this upcoming year came out. The Bahamas Bowl isn't gonna be playing in the Bahamas for like the third year in a row.
Speaker 1: That's a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd be pissed if I go to the Bahamas Bowl and weird in fucking Kentucky or something.
Speaker 4: I'm swinging on somebody.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: There is also.
Speaker 2: More talks, especially going to the media day, especially the SEC set of record in the College Baseball World Series for most teams eliminated in the first round or something like that, some crazy ass number.
Speaker 4: But yeah, back to college football.
Speaker 2: So people are already talking up Arch Manning, you know, so though he's gonna be the greatest thing since SI spread this year, and you know, people are kind of talking Tomack, especially when it comes to just the draft prospects.
Speaker 4: Like you can already see like the negative.
Speaker 2: I don't like the negative energy already around this next year's QB glass. I don't like it. It's like, so if Arch plays bad and still classic clarifiers for the draft, they'll still say he's the top pick, but been by way of maintaining his legitimacy, is the top pick.
Speaker 4: They're gonna shoot on every quarterback in the class, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It's like, Okay, they Caleb Williams was a consensus go, but you have to you had to consider Michael Pennick Jr. All these other guys, you know, like you have to be like, hey, they actually might be really great too, and just the energy around that it's weird. People are just always acting weird around these top prospects.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So the first college football game.
Speaker 2: Between Michael Vick and Deshaun Jackson, Uh, it got moved to.
Speaker 4: An NFL stadium.
Speaker 1: That's dope.
Speaker 2: That's dope, Norfolk State and uh Delaware State old HBCUs shout out to Travis Clark, who's he is the head coach at Delaware State under coach Jackson, it got moved. They're both Eagles teammates, so they're gonna reunite at Lincoln Financial Field because due to increased fan interest, they're gonna play that game October thirtieth in the Eagles Stadium. And it's crazy because VIC and De'shaun Jackson had pretty legendary runs.
Speaker 4: It's Eagles.
Speaker 2: I think Deshaun Jackson is one of the most explosive, probably arguably one of the top five players in Eagles history. Sehaun Jackson was that important to the Eagles. I put him above Held Carmichael, I put him above Shandy McCoy. Honestly, I think it's it's him. I think you kind of gotta say t o, but not really I'm gonna throw him at that. I'm ana throw McNabb, I say, McNabb, McCoy.
Speaker 4: Trying to think of.
Speaker 2: Eagles defensive players, it's kind of tough pretty much. You're talking about Vic Michael Viking to Sean Jackson because they're both former Eagles playing their first college game or whatever, playing in at Eagles Stadium, and it's like, okay, well, yeah, the Sean Jackson one of the greatest Eagles of all time, arkably top five.
Speaker 1: So now you're naming off the top Eagles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I was like McNab, McCoy, Vic, Brian Dawkins, No, those dudes aren't even top five.
Speaker 1: McCoy, I'm that's gonna like Jalen's in the top five now because you want to ring.
Speaker 2: Damn that's true. So are we taking McNab out completely.
Speaker 1: Nab might barely be. He's got to be in the top five.
Speaker 4: I mean, there's going to.
Speaker 2: Be one QB and there's Randall Cunningham too. Mccunningham never won a ring.
Speaker 1: It's it's her, it's her, and then.
Speaker 4: Mc georski's like fourth.
Speaker 2: I guess now, Vick is I don't see that's that's crazy, though, like that's really think about the top five players from the Eagles, and obviously Dawkins is up there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Trey Thomas has to be up there.
Speaker 1: And they had a bunch of other eighty eights and eighty nine players that you won't even remember. Had Troy Vincent Simon was eighty nine couple of years.
Speaker 4: John Curse that one year.
Speaker 1: T Yeah, Trent Cole was good for like two years.
Speaker 2: Arguably you kind of have you have to consider too, just because he literally was the first damn a knocked the hell out Graham.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Brandon Graham's lane Johnson.
Speaker 2: So it's like, damn, we're gonna have to reconfigure that that that Eagles Mount Rushmore because Jayden's on it now.
Speaker 1: All right, well, this is college football.
Speaker 2: So also for the I'm pulling up the schedule because I was gonna I want to point out something. So the last game of it, the Cotton Bowl is going to be December thirty first, seven thirty pm Eastern time. The Orange Bowls, Sugar Bowl, Rose Bowl are gonna be played January first. The Fiesta Bowl and the Peach Bowl are hosting the semifinals. They're gonna be played on January eighth and January ninth, and the National Championship game is January nineteenth. They're probably gonna move the rose ball up to five to.
Speaker 4: Two pm kickoff.
Speaker 2: And there's more concerns about Bill Belichick's girlfriend, slash hander Jordan Hudson. More and more stories keep coming out. He keeps saying everything's fine. People are like, she's controlling everything he does, and if the tar Hills aren't good, I don't know how he justifies keeping his job two years, like they can't be trashed, and yo, Broad is in here causing a stir. She has no qualifications.
Speaker 4: Even be in the position she's in.
Speaker 2: Likes some of the kids on this team are twenty four not kids, but shit, young man. And if if media, if she starts pisching off local media, something's gonna come out. This is a dangerous game that she's playing, a dangerous game that they're both playing.
Speaker 4: And I hope they know what they're doing.
Speaker 2: Because it doesn't really look like it. And then oh yeah, Dion made sure to talk about Uh. He's like, you know, people making up things about my son. He said, my son has six coordinate different coordinators, what do you mean? He shut up unprepared. He's the all time passing leader at two different schools. So I'm glad Dion calls shit out. So Villanold Football is exiting the CIA and they're gonna join the Patriot League. Michigan offered twenty twenty safety Charles Woodson Junior. Yes you heard me say that right. M Michigan just offered Charles Woodson Junior, a twenty twenty seven prospect a scholarship. Charles Woodson is his dad. That's crazy. We are living in the matrix, bro Like Charles Wilson, got a whole grown ass kid damn about to be a high school recruit. Mark Ingram cam Newton, r G Three and Dominance are on the Hall of Fame a college football Hall of Fame ballot.
Speaker 4: Who who do you think should be put on first?
Speaker 1: You mean?
Speaker 2: So the ballot got released seventy nine players and nine coaches, and those are some of the four people are just named mark Ingram cam Newton, Robert Griffith, the third, and the Dominance two. Three of those guys won the Heisman and two I think finished second and.
Speaker 1: Third in the high Schoo't they all get in?
Speaker 4: Because there's only a limited number who gets in, not everybody gets in.
Speaker 2: And then that College Football Hall of Fame changed the rule on winning percentage, making Mike Leak, Mike uh Mike Leach eligible for the Hall of Fame. Now they got to fix had ten year rules. So Pete Carroll can be eligible for the College Fotball Hall of Fame because he actually isn't oh Eric be enemies on the list, Des Bryant because Johnny Carter, Aaron Donald, Marvin Harrison, Josh Heipel, James Laernidis, Ryan Lee, Marshawn Lynch, Simeon Rice, Peter Warrick, Brad Banks is also on that list. Your boy Brad Banks, Larry Cocher, Gary Patterson, Chris Peterson and coaches. Those are just some of the three. Leech died in twenty twenty two. He had a He had a five sixty five ninety one hundred and fifty eight wins hundred and seven losses at Texas, Texas Tech, Washington State, Mississippi State, and so they announced the eligibility criteria for coaches to be considered. So it went from a animum career winning percentage of six hundred to five ninety five starting in twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 4: So that's why Mike Leags.
Speaker 2: Is eligible now because he has a five ninety six literally a thousandth yeah, thousandth of a point over the limit just to be there. And he went eighteen games against top twenty five opponents.
Speaker 4: So yeah, that's a big gust.
Speaker 1: I feel like they should all get in. This is college football. Man cares no.
Speaker 4: It matters college football. Fame definitely matters.
Speaker 1: Not saying it doesn't matter. I'm just saying this, it really matter that much. Yes, some of your golts are in it. And if Brad Banks then you're gonna be really happy. Yeah, it'll be dope anything else. That's it. All right, Let's go to touchdowner and turnover. All right? The Ravens extended uh Rason Amen touchdown turnover touchdown three years thirty six point like two five or two nine million.
Speaker 2: Honestly, he played, he showed this year that he can play like a number one receiver. He showed he can he can be a threat in this offense, and with him being in the deep threat that he.
Speaker 4: Can be your intermediate receiver.
Speaker 2: You got DeAndre Hopkins, you got Ja Flowers, you got Mark Andrews, you got all these different receivers, and you got running backs and Derrick Henry and you know, Keith Mitchell and then Lamar himself. I think there's no reason why you don't want to break up that symmetry unless you knew you were gonna trade him for a better receiver. So I'm trying. Davronte didn't go to the Ravens, but I get it. And Hopkins is there, Yeah, I'm sure she's yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think I think it's a touchdown for him. I don't know about the Ravens. Something about the Ravens. It's just where receivers go to. Plateau, not Hollywood. I'm sorry, Zay Flowers is expected to be one hundred percent this year. They brought in the Hopkins. I mean, they got two elite tight ends. You got Lamar, who's a running thread. You got Henry back there. Did they draft another running back too? So there's only so many touches to go around. But in theory, it's a good value thirteen million for a dude who is, at the worst a solid number two receiver and potentially a number one receiver. And really he's been kind of the consistent one throughout all the changes they've had in that receiver room over the past few years. Yeah, man, I think it's it's definitely a touchdown for him and get your bread, Like, why not? H Ice. Huff was officially traded to the forty nine ers this week. Touchdown or turnover?
Speaker 2: You, Mike touchdown for the simple fact that the Eagles weren't gonna pay him and he didn't really produce and they already have better addressers than him, and the Niners really need somebody outside of Bosa because Drake Jackson didn't work and you did take an head rusher and I think the first round or whatever. Oh yeah, this is Jaalen Walker. I think it doesn't help to have Bryce Huff. I was like, you know, emergency had Drusher, stand up, edge guy.
Speaker 1: Anything else you want to do? Touchdown? Turnover? If not, I'm gonna move on to take attention, all right, man. So Carl Nasib had his jersey place Nassive. Carl Nassive had his jersey featured at the Smithsonian this past week. He is the first actively active opening gay player to be featured. He retired, Yeah, he retired, but I guess this jersey he came out before he retired whatever. Yeah, yeah, you know what, ye read it just as the headline said it. So I always said it must have been right, just saying but you gotta take your tangent on that.
Speaker 4: Uh. Great for him.
Speaker 2: I just do want to point out every time somebody allegedly makes history, they always give credit to the white dude, and nobody wants to bring Michael Sam anywhere. But whatever, if you're gonna acknowledge Carl nashif you have to acknowledge all the other gay players before him. And but I'm glad that episode of the Pivot came out because when he said, he's like, hey, stop runing those gas bootlegs, and then the whole Brown's off the lines like hey, we don't talk like that here.
Speaker 4: That's not cool.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: He's like, oh, we've been ready, we got allies. Like, it's not that big a deal in locker rooms. People make it a point of contention elsewhere.
Speaker 4: But that's society.
Speaker 2: We make stuff that's not a big deal to people that it actually affects. Like we tend to kind of want to make everything an.
Speaker 4: Argument, sadly, but yeah, that's dope. I'm glad. I'm happy for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean once the Raider or is the Raiders so goddamn right. Good for him, good for the Silver and Black once again showing the culture of.
Speaker 4: Change for former Penn State defensive linemen.
Speaker 1: Moving on, take your tangent all the hype coming out of Raiders Camp. I mean, I think if you've been anywhere on social media, you've been seeing all the social media buzz with Pete Carroll and Silver and Black going out there playing QB wrestling in warm ups, rapping, doing all types of stuff and just really providing energy. All all the players have been really high on it, saying they can feel a noticeable difference. I think Austin Power Johnson said it's the best practices he's been in whatever. Power Jackson, Yeah. Max Crosby said he's loved it, but yeah, man, take her attention on Pete Carroll's coaching actists at seventy three.
Speaker 4: His coaching acumen. Yeah, shout out to.
Speaker 1: Jackson, Powers Johnson, Jackson Powers Johnson, Thank you JPJ.
Speaker 4: It helps.
Speaker 2: I mean, I've seen less talk about players looking like shit in practice. They show video where Gino Smith took a rep from Cam Miller to throw to Austin Gent Ashton genty and I.
Speaker 4: Just think they're.
Speaker 2: They definitely don't need hard knocks right now, but it would be interesting to see. Like, I think the energy in that building is like just on one side of the ball anymore like some sometimes on teams you're like, oh shit, only one side of the ball, Like only the defense brings the energy. Yeah, no, I only the offense. I think it's like no, no, no, no, no, that's really what his job is.
Speaker 1: I feel like he just kind of lets the other guys do the scheme and he's.
Speaker 4: Just make sure the effort is up effort and intensity.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's really crazy that he's still able to have that impact at his age and go out there, especially as someone who's just out here coaching kids, like it takes a lot of energy out of you, and the preparation that it takes to do it at that level is insane. So the fact that he's doing it at his age and doing it at such a high level, well makes were excited to be a Raider fan.
Speaker 2: All right, go ahead, Bud Dupree, I guess he's only year twelve. He sorry signed one year deal up to six million with the Chargers.
Speaker 4: They also have col Mac.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's a I think it's a touchdown. But my take is also that why wouldn't you bring him back? Everyone was raving about how great of a presence he was in camp and in practices, and he really gives you a third guy after Tuley and after mac mac has injuries or you want to slide to Lee inside, you can bring Dupree in as well. So there's a lot you can do with him. He's a great veteran presence. Why not?
Speaker 2: Did you call it a touchdown? And then he went on a tangent I would take but yeah, take a cool So I was like, what the hell, what the helly.
Speaker 1: What are you gonna say about it?
Speaker 4: Interesting? But he had six sacks, so it makes sense second on the team in sacks.
Speaker 2: Why not else he's gonna go. He's you know, David clown He can learn any thing or two from him. But I feel like they might end up signing Clowney though, Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's what you got on that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean really smart contract for the Chargers, third cheap, the.
Speaker 2: Fact that he's been in the league so long, Like he's been in the league so long. Josh Allen, who came in after him and also played a Kentucky broke his record for the most sacks. It's cool history because first it was Bud Dubree and then Zach Allen. I forget the extension to his last name.
Speaker 1: Uh. Von Miller says he still wants to play. You gotta take your attention on that.
Speaker 4: It might be over. I want you want to be a chief.
Speaker 1: Fuck it.
Speaker 2: He's been a Bronco fucky, maybe a raider fucking I'm down maybe maybe.
Speaker 1: Just maybe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hiking.
Speaker 1: Uh Pader, Yeah, that's what I'm saying. They're spots for him. People always need addressers. He still wants to play. Let them in play. He's in the right as long as it's his body allows him to at least, and he wants to man hold on back. All right, anything else, fair.
Speaker 2: Faid, Wait, Carl Sun is trying to actually bust out late ideas.
Speaker 1: All right, fair Fay. Cam Scataboo said, oh god, he hated Russell with Wilson when he was with the Seahawks because he was a forty nine er fan.
Speaker 4: You said, camp Scattaboo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Now they're in the same backfield, is that? Fair faid?
Speaker 2: Cam's Cattibo's on the Giant. Oh yeah, shit, he's on the Giants. Damn, that's crazy. So he hated him.
Speaker 1: He hated him like he went on Twitter rats about him and dad. Why because he's a Niner fan.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he's it from other California. I mean, yeah, rookie, don't fuck up, don't miss a blocking assignment.
Speaker 4: Better be best friends with Jamis. I just didn't like that cran Jass.
Speaker 2: Interview he did with I'm and Ra where he's like, oh, you know, I got some ghetto in me. I'm like, what do you? Who are you attributing ghetto this to mhm, your black.
Speaker 4: Teammates or you.
Speaker 2: Sometimes people use words they they don't really mean to mean, like they don't mean to say. And I would just need that clarified if I'm the locker room, because I'm like, just because you got a fade or a taper and you like hip hop, white boy, don't mean don't don't get too comfortable, because the white boys get comfortable, then they slip out the nigga and it's like, all right now, I gotta I gotta break your clasical because you wanted to be stupid.
Speaker 4: You just have to suck it up, but now he seemed cool.
Speaker 1: But you know, but is it fair for someone to hate you like that and then they're on your team?
Speaker 2: Like or yeah, I mean ship just people said hate a Lebron Yeah, but like he places to being a fan. Now he's an NFL player, Yeah for sure. So it's like Ron Rush has.
Speaker 4: Been in the league a long time. You kind of got to just laugh at that. All right.
Speaker 1: I need you to lock in.
Speaker 4: That's on energy.
Speaker 1: All right, you're ready. You gotta be ready locked in? I had one, but are you locked in?
Speaker 4: I'm stay locked in.
Speaker 1: Okay, then do yours because mine's gonna be a long one.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 1: It's rhevery good, bro, this is a week I gonna be.
Speaker 4: Fuck you made me forget. Don't do that.
Speaker 1: I had a good one anyways. Let's just go all right, So this is random. It's not random. Twenty four to seven Sports, No, I'm sorry. The letech ranked the sixty two far star quarterbacks of this century, one through sixty two. I'm gonna read you some of the rankings and you're gonna tell me if it's fair, wor it's fair, and then you want to librate you can if you wish for me to librate, I will. But outside of that, fair faid, are you ready? All right, well you don't have a mic. You're eating fat boy. They're just yeah, fix the chord, Fix the cord.
Speaker 4: You could have hurt. You heard me, put the hond down.
Speaker 1: I literally told you you lock in and pick you locked in?
Speaker 4: And I said, yeah, loud as hell off mic.
Speaker 1: So you heard me the first time because my voice. Are you ready number one? I'm waiting on you. No, no, no, I'm not even to give you number one. First. Let's let's go for the bout. Let's go from the bottom, say Drake, I wait, this ship might have a paywall.
Speaker 2: Wow, all this suspense, this is mens. This is a fade right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this website is a fade. I don't know what just happened.
Speaker 4: I got one.
Speaker 1: Look at this ship.
Speaker 4: I got one in the meantime.
Speaker 2: So what Your phone just caught the virus. Your phone just got limewires.
Speaker 4: That was crazy.
Speaker 2: Your phone got journalists made that's crazy.
Speaker 4: Damn.
Speaker 2: All right, you have to you have to blacklist that phone now anyway, So Derek Carr, alright, go go go, Derek Carr said, he gave back the thirty million dollars retired because he would have felt like he was stealing money.
Speaker 1: Be a fair, fairfan. I mean, that's up to him. It's his money to give up, So I can't say it's.
Speaker 2: One couldn't say he was stealing money the whole time he was with the Saints, based on the expectations and the massive deal he signed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, killing him san chances were happy.
Speaker 1: Not his fault though he showed up.
Speaker 2: Chris's brother was like, hey man, get this quarterback away from my fucking brother. Michael Thomas came out and shipped on David Carr. So I have to ask this question, is it a fit? Is it fair or a faith for him to say that maybe you should have retired a year earlier. You put Chris Olave's career in jeopardy. He has like three concussions one season, you gave him hospital balls, a first round receiver at Ohio State with concussion problems.
Speaker 4: So so his brother came out and spoke on it. I think it's a fade. Bro. The way you played like trash last couple of years.
Speaker 2: You probably shouldn't be thrown around like if you retire, you shouldn't be entied on to that money.
Speaker 1: So you're saying it's a fade that he gave.
Speaker 2: Money, he's a fact. No, it's a faith that he even said that. Like you could have just been like, you know, my body disagreed with me, and it'd be wrong to try to play through it.
Speaker 1: All right, bro, Well I'm on one percent, So can we get to my signment on you?
Speaker 4: Wait on you for twenty minutes?
Speaker 1: Are you ready? Number twenty sobby lock In, Damn, you're worse than the kid, all right, Number twenty. Matthew Stafford. Matthew Stafford, This is what I'm talking about, lock In. I thought fair fave. Matthew Stafford, number twenty five, Star of the Century. The court is fine.
Speaker 2: I could hear you, okay, because I cant that shit went out on me. Honestly, I thought you were gonna.
Speaker 4: Read me all of them.
Speaker 1: No, listen, Matthew Stafford number twenty.
Speaker 4: That's kind of fair for quarterbacks. Yeah no, yeah, for was underwhelming.
Speaker 1: Tyrod Taylor number eighteen.
Speaker 2: That's respectful. That's quietly disrespectful. He did more for Virginia Tech than Andrew Luckton for Stanford. Chad Henny number seventeen, that he's should be lower. This is just for college.
Speaker 1: By the way, he should be way lower than Matthew Stafford Braxton Miller number sixteen.
Speaker 4: That's not high enough in my opinion.
Speaker 1: Taj Boyd number fifteen.
Speaker 2: That's perfect for Taj Boyd. He helped, he helped create the Clemson dynasty. Torell Prior fourteen, he should be higher and they should let him back on campus at Ohio State's disrespectful.
Speaker 1: Fair fade, fair fade, keep it fair. So you think that's fair. Toreel Prior at fourteen.
Speaker 2: Yes, The only one I think is a fade is Chad Hitty being that high?
Speaker 1: All right? Chris Leek thirteen. Oh no, no, Chris Leak number thirteen. You're fine. You're gonna knock down the whole thing.
Speaker 4: Chris Leek.
Speaker 1: He almost just knocked down the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Sorry. Chris Leek at thirteen. Yes, I mean, honestly, as long as t Bow is not rated higher.
Speaker 4: Than him, I'm so I'm going to be angry.
Speaker 1: You're going to be angry, so JJ McCarthy number twelve. That's a fa I stopped they fade. Oh Nicks number eleven.
Speaker 4: That's even high, Bro, he didn't even win ship. Now, mad, why would you tell me?
Speaker 1: Bro Wild Williams number ten, that's fair, justin if they had a fucking Defensember nine, Bro, I will never forget where I was at that at that game, justin fields number nine, that's fair, Bryce Young number eight.
Speaker 4: He carried Alabama too. He carried Alabama.
Speaker 1: Who carried number seven?
Speaker 2: That's that's a fade, knowing what we know now, that's a fake bro Kyler Murray number six.
Speaker 4: Honestly, he carried out Oklahoma team too.
Speaker 1: That's that's fair. Name name never Laurence number five.
Speaker 2: Honestly, the way he beat that ship out of Alabama, that's that's justified.
Speaker 1: Jamis Winston number four for.
Speaker 2: Only freshman and only pure freshman to win. Yeah, kick top five number three honestly, Yeah, t Bow better not be higher than Cam Newton number two. Number two. Guess guess bat Vince Young.
Speaker 4: You're telling me Tim Tebow was about Vince. That's a racist list. That's nobody in the right, fucking bro.
Speaker 2: Cam even told Cam proved he was a better player than than fucking t Bow.
Speaker 4: He literally went to the Panthers and led them to a Super Bowl. What are we talking, Bro?
Speaker 2: Tim Tebow's Southern fucking Baptist Dick Eaters, bron.
Speaker 1: Boys, talk to your boys at that Bro.
Speaker 4: T Bow was not that nice.
Speaker 1: He wasn't even that nice.
Speaker 4: Touchdowns from Jeff Dimps. Let's name all Chris Rainy, fucking e Manual Moody.
Speaker 2: How many running backs, nice ass running backs to Florida have he stole all their fucking touches. Dan Mullen literally just said, you're our running back playing quarterback, You're our Reggie Ball.
Speaker 4: But that's a ship list.
Speaker 1: I mean you liked like eighty percent of the list.
Speaker 2: It's a ship list. That's a ship list.
Speaker 4: Cam went to a juke.
Speaker 1: You see why I did it backwards because if I would have did it first, you would have just disregarded it. You're a fucker. I just want you to know that. So that's what I But you liked like eighty percent of it. There was just like.
Speaker 4: Tibo five Pishi Tebow, Where's Lamar? Where the fuck is Lamar? Oh?
Speaker 1: He wasn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, DeShawn was no. I think that Sean would have been a four well stars, five stars go. Taj Boyd was toaj Boyd on those four the teams would have been better.
Speaker 4: Fun out of here.
Speaker 1: Alright, like we really got it.
Speaker 4: Like there's a reason why they were tired his number, and I'm retired.
Speaker 1: Anything else.
Speaker 4: Percy Harvin was a better running back than t Bow was.
Speaker 1: All right, goes off the show. Unnecessary toughness.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe forget my point, forget what I was gonna Oh, I got it. No, this is the last one. Let me, let me, let me knock this out. Dereck Henery said he could be Lamar Jackson a foot race. I disagree with that. That's the fae.
Speaker 1: I think Lamar Jackson is one of the fastest players in the league, and Dereck Henry ran a four or five four.
Speaker 4: He bet a four or five four.
Speaker 2: Lamar literally only has run full speed like three times.
Speaker 1: Lamar m made a violent cut up field. Lamar might let him win. Lamar is the type of dude who can only un want his strew speed in Florida heat, probably barefoot, and then he'll run like a four to one.
Speaker 2: Bro. You're like, what the fuck just happened? He did lose the way he did. Put on twenty pounds and he lost it. I'm never gonna be that heavy again. So now we got Lamar, who knows he's just more athletic than you. He's quicker and faster.
Speaker 4: Than you, like, Bro.
Speaker 2: It's like people don't realize all these quarterbacks are fast now, Joe Burrow fast.
Speaker 1: Like table steaks. You have to be athletic. You can't just be a statue out there. Even the statues can move now for four sevens four eighths.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Baker Mayfield can run just fast enough to get away, but he's quicker than he is fast. Where was Baker at? No, Baker wasn't a fire star never mind? Okay, yeah, yeah, I think Timo gets all the credit for those national titles, those national titles, and it's such bullshit because Cam would have done the same thing. I don't know Chris League was a five star either, but he definitely was the recent they won that national championship because Temo couldn't pass worth shit.
Speaker 1: He was just the can we move on?
Speaker 4: Can we move I'm done? That was Rent.
Speaker 1: You're just ranting about how much you hate Tim Deebo's I think everybody gets credit for every one guy.
Speaker 2: I've never seen one guy get more credit for multiple national championships.
Speaker 1: Man, m VP Bro I'm gonna have to eat a lot of crow because I was rushing the fuck out of him.
Speaker 2: By like thirteen, right, they were losing by lot.
Speaker 1: Oh it's talking about Dort.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the dude who just scored for the Pacers.
Speaker 1: No, Dort's on the thunder. Oh to do with the locks? Mhm, crazy work? All right, go ahead, Ran Kenny, since you're already so high.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's June. June teenth is this month. I'm excited. I really got to put together all the lists, the list of all the black restaurants that I've eaten that black on restaurants. I've eaten that in Inglewood and Hawthora and in the South Bay in general. It's a pretty well put together list. Like if I everybone has become a food influencer, you would just have to believe me.
Speaker 4: You just have to.
Speaker 2: So I might do that. I might just pivot it into being a food influencer.
Speaker 1: Fuck it?
Speaker 4: Why not? You would you? Would you be down to go test out food?
Speaker 1: Yeah? But I wouldn't trust your reviews because I know you.
Speaker 4: What does that mean?
Speaker 1: You see the bright side and all food?
Speaker 4: I see the bright side and all things.
Speaker 1: Maybe? All right, you got anything? Because h and that might have been in your weakest rant of all time in nine years. But yeah, shout us to us for going for nine years. Uh. Anyways, moving on, Uh me man, this coaching thing's been wrapping up and we're now going two days a week out there, working hard, grinding, pushing these kids. It's great to see how fast they grow. They really do. Like they pick it up so much faster than even high schoolers because they don't have the bad habits yet. But yeah, man excited. I don't know what it's gonna happen to me this season, or this year or this time, but just trying to take a day by day. Touchdowns, the Tangents, TD's underscore, Tangents on Twitter and Instagram, touchdowns and tangents dot Com. We're out peace. Some piece of that Vikings Dan who died and the Packers lineman.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think a receiver died too. They're walking their eighties and seventies.
Speaker 1: Peace