Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan Ray ONBZY, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: I'm still trying to find slippery Rock and that basketball thing.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I had slippery Rock to win it all, so I don't know. Maybe I'm in trouble. I have no idea. You just take a shot, your best shot. My name's Dan Ray. We will talk with a real basketball guy, not about March Madness, but about the Boston Celtics. A little bit later on in this album, Bob Ryan, the great basketball writer, columnist and savant of the Boston Globe, will join us formerly at the Boston Globe and he Perry. You know, they come back, they make their I think Bob might officially be retired or semi retired.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Anyway, we got a lot to talk about tonight. It's Friday Night Tgif my name is Dan Ray, Rob Brooks. It's been with us all week?
Speaker 3: Is Rob?
Speaker 2: And I promised right Rob? And he's back in the control room, ready to go, not taking any phone calls this hour. We'll take him beginning after nine o'clock. We're gonna talk about how happy are you? And why is he say such an unhappy country? I think I know why, but we'll talk about that. Then we're going to talk with a very critical writer because Mark Hurwitz knows all the ins and outs. He knows all of the restaurant gyms. So if you're looking for a great restaurant tonight, you want to join us. I want to stay with us. Anyway, Lots of information about great eateies in and around Boston, and of course twentieth Hour tonight, and I think we're going to talk about the dead retail change of your youth.
Speaker 3: What might you miss?
Speaker 2: This is one that my producer Marita believes in strongly. She misses badly the Christmas tree shops. I'm not that type of a shopper, but there are some things that I would miss as well. Anyway, my name is Dan Ray. We're ready to go now. We have four really interesting guests lined up and I'm going to start off with Archie Gotsman. Is a got Archie. I want to get the pronunciation correctly.
Speaker 4: Sure, it's Gottsmith.
Speaker 2: Hi, very nice to talk with you, Archie. Goddessmian. We deal with issues dealing with anti Semitism, which I know you are very concerned about.
Speaker 3: As a matter of fact.
Speaker 5: On Wednesday. Wednesday night, we had a good friend Benny SHARONI, a friend of mine who's the Israeli Consul general to New England on the program. And if you know anything about my show, it's anti Semitism is something that just will not go away and it has to be stamped out at every turn. I don't happen to be Jewish. I happen to be Roman Catholic, but as a television reporter, I filed reports from Auschwitz and one of an Emmy Award for the reports that I filed, and it's something that I feel very deeply about. And welcome to our show. You're amongst friends. You have a new organization called You Belong. Now some are going to say that's kind.
Speaker 2: Of a harsh name. I think I know what it means, but I want you to explain it. And you folks who put up some provocative billboards here in the Greater Boston area to essentially make people shock them a little bit and say, hey, look, this is a real problem. We got to deal with it. Go right ahead, Archie.
Speaker 3: Archie.
Speaker 2: I didn't mean to dominate, but I wanted to make sure that you were comfortable and that you knew you were with people who are with you shoulder to shoulder on this fight.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much, Dan, I really appreciate it, because honestly, it's not not only isn't it always the case, but it's often the case where you know, when I speak about you Belong, I don't know if I'm going into a friendly or unfriendly space and people who are you know, just downright anti Semitic. And it's it was not that way, you know, three four or five years ago, and it's the world has just really turned very very challenging for Jews and allies. You know, as you say, you see it as clearly as I do with the anti Semitism that's growing. Anyway, you asked about the name Jubilong. We started ju Belong not to fight anti Semitism, but we actually started it. It's an online organization that is gives away resources for free for people who you know, for Jews or allies. Like maybe some passovers coming up in like a little more than two weeks, and say someone wants to celebrate Passover, but maybe they didn't have any Jewish education or maybe they're not even Jewish, but passovers celebrated by people with many faiths and they want to take a look at the passover Hagada.
Speaker 6: That's the guidebook.
Speaker 4: And Jubilong has really easy resources online that people download or for free and just print out and use. And that's what we were doing, was that kind of work. And then it was actually before October seventh. It was about in twenty twenty one was when the anti Semitism started to be so in your face. That that's when we started with the billboards that you were talking about.
Speaker 2: And that's now there's two billboards up and I know what they're about, but I want you to explain them because people will be seeing them in the Cambish area. Yep.
Speaker 4: One of them is on mass Ave in Davenport Street and that one says Radicals ruin America. And the other one is on mass Av in Somerville, av And that says standing against anti Semitism is standing with America. And you know, it's funny there. And as you said, they are in your face. They're pink and white. You hopefully can't miss them, and they're short and compelling. Because there are not enough people in this country who are aware of anti semitism. You are and your listeners are because because of you know, you're educated about it, but so many people just don't. They're like, oh, really like that anti Semitism growing, and you know, I happen to be Jewish, and it's it is sometimes you know, frightening to sort of to speak that because people are sort of not shy about being, you know, about hating Jews in public. So what Jubilong is saying is, I mean that's I would say this about any group that was hated. Is you know, it's not okay to hate a group of people just because it's a group of people. And we want to raise awareness, we want people to talk about it. We want to have conversations just like this one so that more people are because most people are good people. They don't hate Jewish, but they they don't hate anybody. But to make the conversation happened, and that's what most billboards do well.
Speaker 2: First of all, my dad was in World War Two, and as a kid growing up and I'm a baby boomer, we were taught at the kitchen table about the lessons of World War Two and that's why it is you know, deeply ingrained in me. At the same time, growing up I watched anti virulent anti semitism, which for the most part existed on the far right in this country in Rockwell and those nut jobs, the people who watched in Skokie, Illinois and all of that. But in recent years, what is really frightening is I've watched anti semitism, and I've talked with friends of mine who are Jewish and who are not Jewish but are on the left. Politically, it is fantastasized to the American left, and that, to me is a frightening development.
Speaker 4: I totally agree. In fact, sometimes people asked me I speak about this subject. They're like, well, what's more frightening? And you know, honestly, in a in a crazy way, the anti Semitism on the left is more frightening. And my reason for that is because it's usually hidden. Like when people say, listen, I hate you. I was like, okay, you know you hate me, Like that's clear, and it's it's horrible, but at least it's clear. What happens on the more and more on the left is people like, well, I don't really hate Jews, I just hate Israel. I'm like, yeah, but you know, yeah, you scratch just a little below the surface. They don't need it.
Speaker 6: They hate Jews so well.
Speaker 3: They were.
Speaker 2: There was that, there was the There was that professor from Cornell who in the wake of October seventh said that he was exhilarated.
Speaker 4: Yep, he was exhilarated after the October seventh, after the killing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like and that's someone who's teaching at Cornell. That's that's That's not some guy living in his basement and running out in the middle of the night and writing spray painting swatstick is on the street. Uh. Anyway, how can folks get more information because we can't even begin to cover what I want to cover with you, what what is the best way that people who are Jewish or not Jewish or whatever and who would like to get more information, particularly after seeing the billboards here the greater Boston area.
Speaker 3: What what's the website?
Speaker 4: Okay, the website is ju belong j E W B E l O n G dot org.
Speaker 6: So jubelong dot org.
Speaker 4: They can go on there, they can reach there's an email on there and just you know, one of the messages to suppress send us a message. We also are on Facebook and we are on Instagram and we're we're a small unit. We're only about eight team members at Jubilong. We're small but mighty, and we love to have conversations. We're a nonprofit and that's how you know. It's funny in your backyard at Harvard. You were talking about Cornell. There's also been some very very challenging.
Speaker 2: We have covered that story here on Nightside many hours over the last year and a half.
Speaker 3: Trust me, trust me on that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's every everywhere you turn. But thank you so much for covering it because it's so important. But anyway I was, people can reach out and and sometimes people say, in fact, with those billboards now, sometimes people say I want a billboard in a specific place, or I want to have a campaign I'm really interested in in in this area. And those are some of the reasons that we go to certain that we put billboards up because uh, you know, that's where people people want them, whether it's because of anti Semitism or just they want to raise awareness.
Speaker 2: Archie, thank you so much for your time and we'll talk again, and please have a have a lovely weekend.
Speaker 3: And thank you very much. You always welcome here on Nightside.
Speaker 4: Damn, thank you so very very much. Keep up the great work.
Speaker 2: You're welcome you as well. Will we get back. We're going to talk about a let's controversial topic, going to talk about the Sleeping on an Idea work. We're going to talk with Adam Horowitz. He's a former post doctoral associate at the MIT sleep the MIT Media Lab, and he's a sleep expert. We'll be back on night Side after this very quick break.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: So here's the question, this sleeping the sleeping on an Idea work. You know you hear people say I'm going to go sleep on it with us. Is Adam Horowitz. He's a former post doctoral associate at MIT, is a sleep expert. He also has a connection, maybe still has a connection with the MIT Media Lab. Adam Horowitz. Welcome to Nightside. How are you, sir.
Speaker 6: I'm doing really well. I'm glad to chat with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So I read this piece out of the Washington Post that talked about when people like Einstein did how that they would nap and they thought they thought some of their best ideas came when they when they napped. And Einstein and I guess held some heavy items in his hands, so when he would sort of doze off, he'd be kind of in that netherland. They had hit the floor, that'd wake them up. What do you think, I mean, do you think that our mind is working when we're sleep? Is it working in a good direction or a crazy direction?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I mean, I think it's a really good question. And the important thing is that it's working in a different direction. The brain when you're sleeping and when you're dreaming is doing something different than when you're awake, and that means that it's useful for different kinds of thinking. And so you know, across history there's many folks. There's Einstein thinking about special relativity. There's Thomas Edison, dollad or Dalli or Sylvia Plath. All these people say they get their best ideas at the lip of sleep, just when you've entered it. And the idea is it's pretty crazy thinking, but sometimes you need to think pretty crazy, and this is the way to do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's happened to me a couple of times. Nothing on the level of Einstein or Edison or anything like that, but a couple of things. You will you wake up it was funny.
Speaker 3: Last night. I in one of my.
Speaker 2: Dreams, and sometimes I remember them, sometimes I don't. I'm going to play a trick of my wife. I had a dream I was trying to call her at work, but I couldn't get through her the operator at her company. So over the weekend, I'm going to say to her, look you better, you know, get get talked to that operator, because you know, I was, I had a dream last night and I was having a tough.
Speaker 3: Time get.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's she.
Speaker 2: Will pick on that up very quickly, but she will give me that you are a total idiot. But it's a great opportunity to self deprecation. Is is something that I think is really important because it's humorous and i'mself deprecating myself. But yeah, but that's that's the sort of dream I had last night. And I know sometimes people have dreams and they think it is a precursor of something that's really going to happen. Do you buy into that as well?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I think that's a really good questions.
Speaker 6: There's what people call precognitive dreams and prodromal dreams are the two kind of big categories. So precognitive being oh, I can predict the future in my dreams and prodromal being. I can predict future illness in my dreams. And it turns out there's a few studies on this. It turns out, for instance, people are really good at predicting the sex of their baby pregnant mothers based on their dreams. They're really accurate. There's a Johns Hopkins study about that. And it's pretty true that, for instance, if you have a bunch of teeth falling out dreams, it's very likely you'll be visiting the dentist in the next six months. There's a way in which you have these subtle physical signals that your brain's aware of, and even if you don't know, notice in the day because you're really distracted. Sometimes that little bit of toothpain can make a whole dream. So you realize this subtle thing your body is feeling that's interesting.
Speaker 2: So so your body is sending is in that case, is actually sending you a message that's right.
Speaker 6: And in the same way that your body, maybe your body understands the kind of hormones that are happening during the pregnancy, even if you don't understand it consciously. So maybe that's why dreams are such a good predictor.
Speaker 2: So what do you say, So you're saying that women can predict the gender of your child?
Speaker 6: Not correct?
Speaker 2: I mean, dads are just like they're guessing, I mean totally yeah, and maybe they're hoping for a shortstop, but you know it's nothing that's you know, or in this day and age, you know a number one female tennis player, which is even better than a shortstop.
Speaker 7: That's right, That's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is great. How long you've been doing this? Is this? Is this your career work? I see that you're with the MIT Media Lab and associated this.
Speaker 6: I was a Massachusetts local for quite a long time and this has been my work for years now. So I got my my PhD and my post doc both doing work on sleeping dreams between MIT and Harvard, and there's just just done.
Speaker 2: You couldn't get into any of the really good colleges, but you still went to college.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, I on it. Yeah, yeah, I came. I came through the weather. I said, I'll do it all right. Yeah, And I'll tell you it's an endless topic because we know so little about dreams and they are as strange as it gets if you want to study neuroscience. When you're dreaming, you're amnesic, you're psychotic, you're delusional, you're inventive, you're irrational, and we don't know what is going on. And so my work was really to say, how can we harness this state and in fact boost people's creativity by saying, what if you didn't dream about something random, We chose what you dreamt about, and you got to dream about a particular creative problem, and then you did better on it when you wake up. That was the big idea.
Speaker 2: You know, I just got to say this and take this as a huge compliment. I love the passion you have for your work. My son in law, my son in law teachers at MIT in the Sloan School Cool Cool graduated where.
Speaker 3: He graduated as an undergraduate.
Speaker 2: I have a buddy of mine who I went to high school with, who I have no idea what he did for a living, because I kind of lost contact with him, but I know he had to have been working for like the CIA or something. Four degree undergraduate, you know, a degree, a bachelor's degree to masters and a doctoral The smartest smartest people I know and so uh and by the way, I will say this, and I think.
Speaker 3: You'll understand what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You really have to be smart to go to MI T because anyone who can figure out the numbering system of the rooms at m I T.
Speaker 6: Else you're gonna get lost in those tunnels.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I'll get I used to get lost, you know when I was over there was I'll get corridors, you know two nine and the next one is you know, X four twenty.
Speaker 6: Well, because they'll ask you, hey, what are you studying, and you'll say I have six'. Nine then you have what they. Mean all.
Speaker 2: Right oh, yeah really. Smart, HEY i really like this, Interview. Adam we'll get you. BACK i GOTTA i gotta give you more time because we maybe we'll do an hour and uh ask.
Speaker 3: People to call. In these are short interviews during let's.
Speaker 2: Talk about their.
Speaker 6: Dreams that would be really.
Speaker 2: Fun absolutely.
Speaker 6: Totally, well, yeah you give me call any. Time thanks for, Chatting.
Speaker 2: ADAM i absolutely. WILL i have so enjoyed the. Conversation and guess, what not only are you, smart but you have a really good sense of. Humor there's a lot of smart people who don't have much of a sense of. Heart you got Both Thanks, ADAM i appreciate.
Speaker 7: It be well you, too you.
Speaker 2: Too when we get, back we're going to talk With Bob, ryan the Great Boston globe sports, writer well a, Columnist he's done it. All nobody knows basketball and the history of The celtics in this. Town and of course yesterday they sold for either depending upon what what what paper you, read either six point three or seven point one billion. Dollars not, bad not. Bad Bob ryan coming up on the other, Side.
Speaker 1: It's Night side With Dan ray On boston's News.
Speaker 2: Radio big sports story this, week the sale of The Boston. Celtics and nobody know who's the history of The celtics better than my Guest Bob.
Speaker 3: Ryan, bob how?
Speaker 2: Long how many years have you been following The. Celtics it's got to be fifty at.
Speaker 3: Least, right, fifty maybe.
Speaker 8: More, yeah my first year as the Beat man was nineteen sixty, nine seventy and, so And i've been, YEAH i came right. There, yeah so FIFTY i. WAS i was well all my way at the fifty year. Mark but, yeah this is a very intriguing. Story well it, is and.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about, it you, know more about. It SO i just asked a couple of. Questions that, is how the heck does a team go from the sale of three hundred million dollars in the nineteen nineties to whatever.
Speaker 8: Is it six six point one billion.
Speaker 3: Or seven point One i'm hearing two.
Speaker 8: Numbers, well whatever it, is it's it's it's. Enormous, uh it's the. World it's the way it. IS i, mean a breakery. Record the thing has been escalating. That that's what sports. Franchises it's the going. Rate and they set a new record which will be eclipsed by somebody sooner or. Later it is rather, intriguing, though that it is in basketball rather than, football because football equilarly is the number, one you know sport In america by public. Taste but, this this is a rather record breaking and and but that's where we. Are and you, know The grosspecs made a very nice investment twenty years, ago and then now they're they're pride in the year set for the next several. Centuries, yeah talk about return on.
Speaker 2: INVESTMENT i, mean, yes they bought it in two o two for three sixty aimentory of your. Office i'm sure those those numbers are. Accurate but you go back even a few. YEARS i mean when after you, STARTED Irv levin And Harold, lipton according to The globe bought it for three point seven million. Dollars and that's a lot of.
Speaker 8: Money BUT i remember when we were discussing about, expansion uh The Dallas mavericks back in the early. Eighties And, uh the, big the big swallow hard thing they had to swallow was they had arbited THE nba had, arbitrarily uh increased the fee for expansion team from six million franchise FEE i, assume, yeah to twelve. Million and that's what they had to they had to accept.
Speaker 7: That.
Speaker 8: Uh and now we're in the. Billions that's where we. Are that that you know that it's still the. Question so let me.
Speaker 2: Ask you the tough.
Speaker 3: Question, yeah that's a.
Speaker 2: Reality, okay what's that going to mean to the? Fans are we going to be looking at ticket? PRICES i, mean ticket prices are? Expensive now you have those front that.
Speaker 8: Are, well we're going to wait and. See we don't know for, sure BUT i think it's if you're, REASONABLE i, mean if if you're, intelligent swallow you get ready for for. Something. Uh they they have invested in a at a time when this this team is payroll is is, skyrocking and they're there are all kinds of restrictions and in the click and bargaining. Agreement uh, yeah they have they have got in at a the at a peak. Point AND i would assume that the fans will be uh asked to help help out a little. Bit we'll. See we don't. Know uh you know this this news, gentleman mister Bil chisholm is so doing all the right. Things he's, local loves the, team blah blah blah. Bah, okay, fine but he's still a, businessman and and they have to they have to meet an enormous. Payroll so we'll see what.
Speaker 3: Happens He i'm, assuming has other people with.
Speaker 2: HIM i don't, Think oh, yeah maybe he's got he's got that that money in his check, account BUT i assume not so is he is he the majority owner or?
Speaker 3: Other?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no?
Speaker 8: Yes and and by the, way we we we cannot bury the lead.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 8: Uh there is a story in The New York post. TODAY i am looking at. It it's in a column Called on The money By Charles, casparino and the gist of the story is that The Wall Street people are stunned by. This they don't know who this. Is they, Quote i've never heard of this guy sports. Executive they wondering if he has to get money. Necessary his company is Called, symphony and they are according to what we read here in terms of we have a Miss march madness going, on they're like a mid major among among the hedgecomb. Funds they manage an estimated ten. Billion, well by, contrast the largest private equity, Farm, blackstone as a trillion one point one. Trillion and, nay he does have other. Partners this is a this is a. Group it's not this is not all his, money and uh, so but they their, question they don't know this.
Speaker 2: Guy, well the, Interesting, bob is THAT i have a daughter who works for one of these type companies Called Bessemer Venture. Partners and there's distinctions between the private equity companies and the venture capital companies hedge. Funds you, know guys like you and me who can remember The celtics starting lineup in nineteen sixty nine or nineteen sixty, five uh probably could not articulate all the different nuances of these different type of investment. Companies AND i think IT'S i think it's going to be fascinating to see how this plays. Out and if The celtics are worth six point three, BILLION i wonder what the other team is that plays in the.
Speaker 3: Building it's.
Speaker 8: Worse, well the thing, is there is a big discrepancy between basketball equity investment in hockey. Equity there's no Quick, now The celtics are tenants at The, bruins and they have been first since they came into being in nineteen forty. Six we know. That but the fact of the matter is that basketball is more important quote unquote in this world in this discussion that we're having than, hockey even though they are the tenants and The bruins are the. Landlords so that's another discussion at, all.
Speaker 2: Like to be like a person who's. There they're renting an apartment in the. Building but while they've been renting an apartment in that, building they have bought up all the other buildings on ten blocks in every. Direction there's still.
Speaker 8: Well and the other thing that's interesting here is That Steve, paluka the group he had was beaten. Out they were, denied and that's. Interesting and the other thing is this That Wick grosbec has gotten his wish that he will be THE ceo or the governor through twenty seven to twenty, eight and we're, WONDERING i mean just wondering, ALLOWED i mean just a fair it's a fair. Speculation it's just the reason among the people that were bidding there were three or four entities that were, building Including kalukas is Mister chishom's the only one that would Allow Wick rosspec's wish and that's that that's why they sold to them as opposed to you, know for, example The. PALUCA i don't, know but it's a fair. Speculation the other thing.
Speaker 2: Too is that maybe that's a transition For chisholm to get his feet in the ground and maybe if there's some tough a message is to deliver to him are here or there could be delivered By grossbeck and up by the new.
Speaker 3: OWNER i don't know this.
Speaker 8: Fact now there's a lot of this and this is not this is very. Interesting there are loose ends here for US uh AND i don't know that it's. Over The first of, all THE Nba board Of governors has to. Approve we have no idea that they won't approve. It, certainly six point one billion is a lot of money AND i think they're impressed with, that but we'll see what happens. There but it's it's it's. INTRIGUING i you know exactly why Mister chisholm and this group got the team as opposed to mister pelucus, proposal but what he, did and that's that one final, Question.
Speaker 2: BOB i know that WHENEVER i talked to your your comrade in, arms Mister, shaughnessy he talks about The celtics and even later than when you, arrived and how that back in the day they weren't staying at these, teams weren't staying at The Four seasons and all of those you, know very high end riches and places like. That they were like get a. Holiday And i'm, Sure i'm. SURE i don't think The celtics devastated like at a red roof in but, look everything has gone for his class in THE nba at this, point AND i just hope that the young players now appreciate and revere what guys like you, Know Koozi, Sharman Casey, Jones Sam jones and, others did you know they stand on their.
Speaker 3: Shoulders AND i just hope that the younger.
Speaker 8: PLAYERS i remember when in my early, days The celtics were in total turmoil with regard to ownership back in sixty nine seventy what he heard me in the company and and they they were actually at a point when they were stiffing hotels on on on and and and airlines and and, no it was it was. Incredible and that that's where they were at that. Time i've lived through. That i've lived to The JOHN Y. Brown that's like when we could do a whole show on That John Why brown. Here so we've we've. Progressed let's me just say this before we, close that this group that has owned the team since two o, two Mister grossbeck and his, group they get AN a ON a. Plus they have been spectacular. Owners they have been they have been dream owners for the fans and in every way and and so if this new group whoever you, know once they get, approved can be three quarters as good as what With grossbeck and this group have, been then the fans will be very well.
Speaker 2: Served well a great, Point Bob, bryan thanks so much for coming on. Again and you have been a friend for many, years and we've been blessed to have The ryans and The shaughnessy's still holding forth at The Globe sports page AS i often came with friends of. MINE i love The Globe sports. PAGE i don't necessarily love The globes editorial, page but the sports. Page it's been the best for my entire. Lifetime and it is the first THING i read every, day trust me on. That and it's AND i read it in the in the in pay per form That i'm holding in my hand right, Here, Bob Bob, bryan hall of, Fame hall of, fame, reporter, writer, columnist, Everything, bob thanks so.
Speaker 3: Much we'll talk, again, Okay.
Speaker 8: Budd, Here charlie. Welcome thank you for that kind, words well well.
Speaker 2: Deserved when we come back here on, nightside we have one fourth and final, Guest State Representative Kip, diggs who is actually going to talk, us talk to us about a salute to women's. Veterans this is an important month for women and whenever we can highlight what women's veterans have done for this country and for you and me and for those of all of us who practice The First amendment every, night we take that opportunity back With State Representative digs right after.
Speaker 1: This now back To Dan way live from The Window World Nice Sight studios ON Wbz News.
Speaker 2: Radio delighted to be joined by State Representative Kip. Diggs he's been on the show. Before Representative, diggs how are?
Speaker 7: You i'm, great thanks and how are?
Speaker 2: You i'm doing just. Great you your district is down of The. Cape remind my audience what communities do you represent down to The, cape BECAUSE i want people to, say this is my Rep who's who's talking?
Speaker 7: ABOUT i would be glad to my district is to It, Austeville, Steneville, Hyenas Barnstable village And West.
Speaker 2: Sharmouth that's a great, district great Great, cape great. District all the districts of The cape are. Great and you're A republican IF i IF i recall, Correct.
Speaker 7: No i'm. Not i'm A. Democrat you are A.
Speaker 3: Democrat i'm A.
Speaker 7: Demo that's.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay we'll try to make it at some.
Speaker 7: Point so you know what one Thing i'm all about is working. Together it's not about the d of the R it's about, people you, know and, really you, know politics is. Local so we've got to make sure that we and we need to work on both sides of the fence to work for and help. Everybody, yeah, No i'm.
Speaker 2: With you on, that and there are good people in both, parties AND i have friends in both, parties oh.
Speaker 3: Doubt you're one of my friends.
Speaker 2: On The democratic on The democratic, Side so, you in conjunction with The Capan Islands Veterans Outreach, center are going to be hosting A salute To Women's Women veterans in honor Of Women's History.
Speaker 3: Month when is?
Speaker 2: It where is? It who can people get? Tickets let's try to make some people aware of what's going.
Speaker 7: On go right, Ahead, Sure i'll be. Glad, So, dan thank you for allowing me to speak with you to this program. TONIGHT i really appreciate. It, An i'm excited to talk about The salute To Women, veterans an event to Honor Women History. Month It's, Monday march twenty fourth AT Thetua, library eight seventy Five Main street and contu at. Math you, Know, DAN i have over nineteen thousand veterans On cape cod one, thousand four hundred and twenty of them are. Women AND i have the most veterans in my district of over three. Thousand you, Know LIKE i, SAID i count at Ostible, Seneval Bonstable village And hyenas And West. Jarmouth so you, know and what's kind of cool IS i have the oldest serving veteran Of Pearl harbor attack who lives in my, District Freeman, johnson who turned one hundred and five last. Week AND i was so excited to be able to coordinate a celebration at The Bonsible Community Adult Community center where, officials, police FIRE rotc, veterans kids came to honor our our. Hero it was it was really. Awesome one hundred and five said, yes so he.
Speaker 2: Would have been, okay so this gentleman would have been born in like nineteen, twenty so he was u twenty one or twenty years old when he was At Pearl. Harbor unbelievable, Whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah and we had.
Speaker 7: It it was need. About the picture that we had on the cake was him as a youngster in the in the in the, military and you, know he just looked so he's he's still a, big still a tall, man and he just had a as a personality like you wouldn't believe. In and, uh he was you, know he's really not the guy that likes to be. Healthy he's more subdued and more to himself and went to his with his. Daughter but he was he was. Outstanding well that is.
Speaker 2: Sort OF i think the character character is the character of The greatest. Generation you, know they survived a depression and A world war and then went on to build families and communities and this If Tom broker had had it, right they were the greatest. Generation so this event Is, Monday so, Okay so that's This, monday three days from, now and it's eleven o'clock at The Catuwit library At age seventy One Main. Street is this one that people can walk into or do.
Speaker 7: You have to Get, yes you can walk. In you you don't have to get. Tickets feel free to walk right in and. Enjoy and we have some Great we have a great keynote, speaker and we have four other special speakers there, also so we Have our keynote speaker is Doctor andrew Gil, bennett who was the first Female African american selected to the rank of brigadier. General she served at thirty five years in the Math Army National guard and was deployed several, times Including paraguay in two thousand and, Eight iraq in two thousand and, nine went To kenya in twenty, sixteen where she was an expert in public health and currently serves as the First Deputy secretary Of Executive offices Of Veteran. Services and then the next person we are, speaking, yes, Yes then the next person we have is Retired Air Force colonel Doctor Jane. Ward she holds a. Master she holds A master in public health and serves active duty from nineteen seventy six to two thousand and. Two she comes from a proud family that has ancestry from being in The Mini men in seventeen seventy. Five her father served In World War two and her two brothers went To. Vietnam what makes her so special and stand out in her family of that long service was her Sole Air. Force she's an ophthalmologist in The West Pacific Clark Air Force base and in two. Thousand in two, thousand she founded The International Health Specialist program With, provider prepares The United States Air force medics for, global humanitarian and wartime. Missions so you, know then we have another, yeah one? More so, no, no we got we get, HONESTLY i got two. MORE i, mean it's just it's amazing the lineup that we have. Coming and that's WHAT i mean to know that it doesn't make a diffenty or a woman or a. Man but let me tell you. Something our women really the, leaders and it's just going to show you how much how special and how grateful we, are and how how honestly how special we have something like this that we're grated being able to have.
Speaker 2: This you, know it's just it's, Again, representative thank you for pulling this. Together i'm a little tight on time, here but let me just say one more. Time it's This, Monday march twenty, fourth beginning at, eleven is going to go for from eleven to. One it's at The Contuit library at eight seventy One Main street In. Contuit it's going to be a great. Event and the two women who you just mentioned are. Extraordinary if that woman was At, CLARK i Think Clark airbase is out in The. Philippines so these people have traveled the world representing all of us and our nation and they certainly need to be honored and their service needs to be. Honored Representative Kip diggs always great to chat with.
Speaker 7: You, REPRESENTATIVE i truly appreciate. It have a great night and great.
Speaker 3: Week two YouTube right back at. You all.
Speaker 2: Right when we get, back we're going to take on a subject that IS i think. Interesting there's a an annual world happiness, record AND i know It's friday, night so we can do something like. This, uh THE us is not the happiest country in the, world far from. IT i want to talk to you about this because this bothers, me and you'll be surprised when you hear the happiest. Country it's not ONE i think most people would think. Of we're going to talk about. That we'll be back right after the nine o'clock. News feel free to weigh. In know, all everyone's welcome, tonight as every night