Speaker 1: Day.
Speaker 2: Even know people are now voting early and absentee and mail in all over the country. But election day is still a week from tomorrow, on November fifth, when I will be casting my vote. I've not gotten on the early vote train. I'll be honest with you, But I thought it was important to talk about what happens up to election day and what happens after election day, regardless of the results. Some things to keep in mind and to help keep us upbeat and to keep us vigilant. My friend, historian Senior Fellow at the Discovery Institute, a fantastic, brilliant writer about America and what America truly is and should be, the author of Rediscovering America, which is a fantastic history and tradition book on the culture here in the good old USA. The one and only Scott Powell joins us for a segment tonight, and Scott, how are you doing?
Speaker 3: Gary?
Speaker 4: Jeff?
Speaker 5: What a what a cordial introduction.
Speaker 4: I'll try to live up to it.
Speaker 5: I think the first thing that Americans, you know, have digested now and understand is that you know we've been living under really an unprecedented and unconstitutional abuse of government power. The Biden Harris regime, if you will, has done things in response to COVID nineteen, the twenty twenty election irregularities, the January sixth protests, and particularly particularly the open border policy that is that that has led to a place in American life that it was unthinkable before their administration that we are we have more in common with a Banana Republican than our constitutional republic.
Speaker 2: Especially when you figure you factor in you're talking banana republic stuff, when you factor in the total persecution and prosecution of their political opponents like Trump, that is banana republic.
Speaker 6: That's third world stuff.
Speaker 5: It is, it is, and people, you know, this is backfiring on them. I must say I think that I'm I'm an optimist now more than ever because these folks on the other side really have known no limits and they're almost self destructing in so many different ways. Their lawfair has backfired on them. Everything they did to Donald Trump during his administration.
Speaker 4: It was first.
Speaker 5: The the the Russia Russia Russia hoax, and the hearings, the Muller hearings, and then it was two impeachments and and ultimately you know, he, you know, he we couldn't successfully can test the election irregularity. And that was what January sixth was all about doing, was just standing our ground outside the Capitol, asking for those states that had had irregularity in the certification process needed to withhold the certification. I mean, it's it's the duty of elected officials to certify only what they're sure of, and if there's uncertainty, you don't certify.
Speaker 4: And that was the hope that we could.
Speaker 5: Just get those states that were unsure that they could certify, to have the courage to send the ballots back and to do, you know, a forensic study, yes, study of really what happened. But unfortunately j six in some ways may have actually affected it in the opposite way that it was intended. Because it's interesting that the break ins and the violence that happened, and it was not really widespread, but it was it was enough to cause the Congress to the Congress had been gathered to do this certification, and suddenly when they heard that the capital was her assault, they all, you know, they all were directed to safe quarters right where they where they hung out for some hours and then they went back to the certification process in the in the evening, I think around eight o'clock at night, after basically everyone, you know, the j six event was over. They went back, but they they felt a pressure to get it done, you know that, and so it back, you know that. So the unfortunately, what was hoped to be a peaceful a peaceful support for election integrity did not It didn't happen, and the certification was carried out, and then it became more.
Speaker 4: Difficult to you know, to conduct any ch the vote.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, January January sixth was merely it started out as a constitutionally guaranteed redress of grievances with the government, which we're allowed to do, as American Center allowed to do. And then because of a certain element within that crowd that wasn't there for redress of grievances, and the FBI has admitted that they had agents inside and there were informants inside that group and people who helped foment the actual violence that occurred on January sixth, twenty twenty one, not the people who were there for a redress of grievances with the government.
Speaker 7: And.
Speaker 2: So the whole thing was blown way out of proportion. Yes there was violence, and yes there was some breaking and entering, going on at the US capital. But as far as somebody like AOC saying that she felt her life was threatened, that that never really was a real worry or concern. But of course they had to blow it up to make it bigger than it was it was it was.
Speaker 5: You're right, Remember, remember this is what what the enemy, the terrorists of the world used. They you know, they wouldn't be as successful, uh in bringing about political change unless it unless the media didn't carry the water for them, the terrorists. You know, terrorism is largely a media event. So that's why we we have to always be careful about overreacting to the to the media.
Speaker 2: So anyway, getting back to yeah, what you were talking about before you were so rudely interrupted.
Speaker 5: It's okay, don't worry, but but I think that you know, it's the border problem that really has gotten all the Americans' attention. Certainly they're in Ohio in Springfield. That's certainly got your attention. And you know, so what has been this policy of bringing in massive numbers of immigrants into America. Oh and by the way, it's happening in Europe as well.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 5: It turns out that this is a U n strategy, UH that it is called replacement migration. What the U n what the UN's goal is to create a new world order where the United Nations would would have a you know, not just a you know, a titular position of affecting global offense, but actually be in charge a new world order where the UN would really have a governing voice. And they want to break down Western countries, UH, the United States in particular. And this is a strategy that they that they've written about. Replacement migration means displacing the native people with immigrants that don't that that don't integrate, that can't assimilate, h and can create big problems.
Speaker 6: They don't want.
Speaker 2: They don't want individual countries to have their own individual cultures, because that way they can install their global culture and replace the culture that's already been hard earned by generations of people who believe in certain values and speak a certain language, and eat certain foods and listen to certain music and all of the rest of the things that go in to our and pray to the One and only God and have Judaeo Christian values. If they can eliminate that, then it's much easier for them to take over everything well, a whole new culture.
Speaker 5: Absolutely absolutely, when people forget their heritage, they have no memory of the past. This is what nineteen eighty four described very clearly, and brave new worlds of that matter as well. We've been warned that this is the goal of the globalists, you know, to break down, to demoralize first and then to create a destabilization or disorientation of the people. And in that environment it's very easy to carry out a crisis, and the crisis, we could say that we are in the crisis stage. We've been in the crisis stage since the last election, because if the election wasn't really bonafied, if the election produced a false result in it would appear that it did. And certainly the policies that have been inflicted on us have done more to take America down than any other administration in the history of the country.
Speaker 4: There's no doubt about that.
Speaker 2: As you write in the town hall piece, it's the great reversal, not the great reset. Yeah, you mentioned you mentioned that. On top of all this massive border invasion that has been going on and encouraged by the Biden Harris administration and smiled upon by the globalist at the UN we've also become because of this, the number one country in the world in human and child traffic, in criminal gang activity, and seating our territory for insurrection and direct terrorist attacks because of the unvetted open border and and all of this, and letting the cartels basically be.
Speaker 6: The people in charge of.
Speaker 5: Well, the cartels have reached They not just reached into our across the border and control some of our territory and in criminal networks within the United States, but they're having a seat at the table politically now. They've got so much money that there's no doubt in most people's mind that have studied Arizona, for instance, that the transformation of Arizona is largely has come in part by the massive amounts of money that are coming in through the cartel to the drug trafficking and human trafficking. It's just huge amounts of money, and they want to protect their franchise, right, So what do they do.
Speaker 4: They buy politicians. It's not hard to understand.
Speaker 6: No, uh.
Speaker 2: And at the same time, Arizona still seems to be one of those states that may buck the trend of all of this incursion.
Speaker 7: They you know, they really had both thrown on steroids during twenty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Scott, your your phone just decided to not work all of a sudden.
Speaker 6: Really, you know, now you're back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you mentioned twenty twenty two and carry Lake. What was supposed to be a red the red wave in Congress that turned out it was.
Speaker 4: But you know what, you know, God's still in charge. He's on a throne.
Speaker 6: Amen.
Speaker 5: And the things that have happened in the past, sometimes we don't understand them, but they set up the positive move that God really has in mind. Let's hope that that's carry Lake being elected Senator from Arizona because in many ways having her in the Senate could be more important than having her as governor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you mentioned about in this piece. You mentioned about Kamala Harris being anointed and replacing Joe Biden without a single vote cast for her, and my friend Rick Robinson, who wrote a book called nineteen sixty eight, said that.
Speaker 6: There's a similarity there.
Speaker 2: In nineteen sixty eight, and may be the only one is that Hubert Humphrey did not win one single primary in nineteen sixty eight and yet was the Democrat's banner carrier as their presidential candidate in that election. So it has happened before that someone did not get a vote in a primary or did not win the primary election or the nomination.
Speaker 4: By Humphrey was on the ballot.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he was. He was on the ballot, rightamalo Wa.
Speaker 5: There was no primary vote for Kamala Harris, no, none.
Speaker 2: No voting, And that's another Banana Republic kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, But I think there's there's reason for great hope.
Speaker 5: And you know, despite the challenges we face, we should never forget that God has the power to remove corrupt leaders and defeat evil. And I suggest that everyone go back to the Book of Psalms. There's so much wisdom in there. But the Psalms ninety four to twenty three reminds us that quote He has brought back their wickedness upon them and will destroy them in their evil, And that sort of describes what's happening to the other side right now. They're almost self destructing. And then some goes on to say, the Lord, our God will destroy them. So is that happening could be. But we're also reminded in the New Testament, in the Gospel of Luke, that everything can be reversed, that God has the ability to you know, to make the last first and the first last. That is to say that we could have a reversal where the people in power, who are considered to be sort of they're the politicians, they know they're the first. No, the people are really the first, and that the people are going to have a bigger voice now than ever before in this election, and that we're going to have a government that reflects the people's wishes. That would just be the greatest blessing that we could get out of this election.
Speaker 2: Scott Powell, in your piece in the town hall that we're referencing here, you also talk about the existence of over seven hundred detention camps built across the country. I thought that was a wild conspiracy theory for a while, but it's actually the truth. And over the last twenty years they've built these detention centers to provide quote, national essential functions in the event of a catastrophic emergency under the control of the President and DHS, of which FEMA is a part. These have been used sporadically in response to national disasters or natural disasters, but there are plenty of groups out there pointing the likelihood that these facilities being used to detain American citizens for resistance and allege crimes against the state. That's more Banana Republic stuff is not if it's true.
Speaker 5: It you know, I don't you know, I'm just repeating what I've heard from people.
Speaker 4: That I respect and trust.
Speaker 5: But I I I can't really, you know, we just there are things we just don't know. We'd have to be insiders to know. And and that's why the free press, you know, our freedom of speech is so important that any incursion or rollback of our ability to speak freely should you know, it is alarming and must be resisted because it's only through a robust competition of ideas of reporting about things that we really get to the truth.
Speaker 4: Uh, you know, the evil.
Speaker 5: Evil grows and expands in darkness. So think of you know, think of the press as.
Speaker 4: Being the light. We want to shine the light.
Speaker 5: And unfortunately we have a largely corrupt mainstream press now that simply won't cover things, cover certain topics and then has a preference for covering others. But I think it's all changing. You know, you just have the rise of this alternative media now and you're really in that vanguard. Gary, Jeff, I mean, you know, I want to tell all your listeners right now that you know, having done a lot of talk shows across the country, that there are very few who are as gifted is Gary Jeff Walker. So and his success depends upon listenership. So let's grow his listenership because as his listenership grows and is, the advertising revenues grow and the business model works better. So get all your friends and family to listen to Gary Jeff.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you, Scott Powell. And by the way, if you've never gotten a copy of Rediscovering America, look for that. Scott Powell is the author and it is It says so much about what can be, what has been, and what can be again in this country. And with just a week left before the final day to vote, get out there and vote. And we would encourage everyone because the bigger the turnout, the better the results for the most of us. I believe, yes, I agree, all right, Scott, thank you so much for your time this evening. God bless you. Anyway, we continue on the night cap and still to come, Frank Lassie, John O'Connor, Douglas, Ernest Bianca de la Garza and the wild Man. Of those I just listed, you probably only know the wild Man find out about the rest in minutes on seven hundred WLW about the green energy the goras President Trump calls it the green new scam. This is along the lines of that discussion, I believe, although we haven't had the discussion yet, he is standing by the author of Climate and Energy Lies, Expensive, dangerous, and destructive, that author, Frank Less, and he joins us tonight on the Nightcap. Frank, how are you doing, And it's great to have you on the show.
Speaker 8: Well, thanks for having me on, and I'm fantastic and I hope everyone out there listening is as well.
Speaker 2: So what is your background number one when it comes to energy and climate?
Speaker 6: What did you know and when did you know it?
Speaker 8: Frank Well, I was in the Wisconsin legislature for a number of years, served as a Wisconsin Senator and then Governor Walker's administration, and I went probably by it's a long time ago now, a couple decades ago. I went to a couple of full day senators or a seminar, a full day seminar for legislators talking about climate change and getting the facts with some really knowledgeable people about it. And I remember coming away from that because actually we've been warming out of the Little Ice Age, and the climate scamsters and media propagandists of you know, sell us on it. It's warmer than the pre industrial times, as at pre industrial times were somehow magical and life was hard for most humans pre industrial times, and we died before forty on average because life was hard. And the Little Ice Age was a cold period that's well documented around the world from about thirteen fifty to eighteen fifty, and then we've been warming out of it ever since, and glaciers have been generally retreating since then. And I remember seeing all these facts of wow, this, you know, they're telling us things that just aren't true. And then I came back into the legislature and I talked to people in interest groups and various ones and say, you know, we got to stop this stuff. And they said, well, what legislation is there to react to, and there wasn't very much. But it's all been done through slowly constricting regulations in Biden and Harris to put these regulations just on steroids, and people are going to be you know, if we don't change directions, you're going to be very surprised. They've had literally tens of thousands dollars to cost the new houses in the future just two or three years. They put it off because they don't want to happen immediately, because they're adding more efficiency standards to our already our dishwashers take two and a half hours to complete. You've got to rense everything in advance, and still you might have to put things through again. They want to make those even more efficient somehow, and they're literally everything. When you have a hot water heater that's going to wear out because they last ten to fifteen years on average. Right in the future, if we don't change directions, you can't just spend less than one thousand dollars placing your water heater. No, you're going to get a heat water heat pump water heater that's going to cost you three to five thousand dollars. Rude awakening on a lot of these different issues, and it's all for not really. So even if I'm wrong and others who I would say our climate realists are wrong and it is CO two heating the earth, well, what about China and India that we don't really talk about that are you know, literally building thousand, one thousand coal plants that last forty to seventy five years, and that you know, India gets seventy five percent of all of their energy, not just electricity, all their energy from coal. China gets fifty six percent from coal. And they're both building lots of coal plants, and the rest of the world that isn't in the twenty nine industrialized nations. I'm throwing China in that mix. They're wanted to move two billion people want to move off of burning wood and dung for cooking and heating their homes onto other things. And our leftist in the West answers, well, just wait for wind and soil or someday, don't build a coal plant that can give you reliable, affordable energy. No, no, no, not that, but you just keep burning that wood and dung. I mean, there's so much craziness with it. But the point is, even if I were wrong and CO two is causing me, which is just prepared for it because we're not stopping emissions. China has more real pollution and more CO two emissions than all industrial nations combined.
Speaker 2: And they are not observing any protocols from the UN or Kyoto or the Paris Climate Accords. They're not observing any of those protocols that the West is being subjected to, and we're being told that we have to do if we want to save the planet, that the coastal cities will all be underwater very soon. I've seen the data frank On Gregory from Gregory Rightstone at the CO two Coalition.
Speaker 6: I don't know if you're familiar with their work.
Speaker 2: They do great work, provide actual data on what's actually going on with CO two and the climate and global temperatures. And a man named Steve Gorum who's written several books on energy and climate, and he's a fantastic guest. You're right in line with these folks. But i'd love is the title of your book, Climate and Energy lies Expensive, dangerous and destructive. You talked about the expensive part a little bit when it comes to the heat pump water heater that you may be mandated to buy instead of your regular water heater. As you mentioned that, you know it goes for around eight hundred do one thousand dollars and then if you've got a if you've got a brother in law who can install it, then that's that's your cost. Maybe a slice of pizza to the advanced heat pump water heater you were talking about, to three to five thousand dollars gas stoves. Clean natural gas is being targeted, and we have all of this liquid natural gas underneath our feet in America. And the President Trump has made it very clear that upon being re elected, if he is, that all these mandates that were again done by executive order and by agencies, not by elected officials or the president as an elected official just wielding unbelievable tyrannical power with executive orders. But President Trump has said from the get that we are going to drill, drill, drill. We're not going to put the restrictions that have been put on by the Biden Harris administration, for example in fracking and in offshore drilling and on federal land and all of the things that have been done to reverse the Trump energy policies. We should be okay, we should come out of the woods. All right if that occurs. But let's talk about we talked about the expensive, let's talk about the dangerous part of this.
Speaker 8: Well, what's dangerous is having unreliable electricity. And that's what wind and solar are giving us. Because they're both very part time I'm anybody who has a solar panel or noses, and I have a little fountain out in front of my house. They don't produce any or very little electricity the first hour and last hour of the day, when it's very cloudy, when it's raining, when it's snowing, when there's bad weather, so they produce no electricity. Then the wind towers only produce electricity when the wind's blowing, and the wind is not blowing a wopping seventy percent of the time. And right now I'm looking out my window and I can see the trees are just plain still, so there's no wind here now. So what happens is is, in order to have full time electricity, we have to have on demand electric plants, which are natural gas, coal, and nuclear power with some hydro electric built into there. But that's a small proportion. We've kind of built that all out. So by adding wind and solar to our electric grid, our electric grid is getting far more expensive. That's one of those other big allyes about the expense that somehow wind and solar is free and they'll be cheaper all time. And the way I help regular people understand it, so you could tell somebody else to help them make the connection is you got your gas car, and then the government says, you know, you could buy a solar car so you don't have to use your gas car, and it only works like with solar panels, so it only works when the sun shining. So you buy that and the government pays thirty percent for you to buy it and thirty percent rebate on every mile you drive with it, because that's what we're giving to wind and solar with all those huge, massive subsidies, they wouldn't exist. Now you're paying for two cars. Car costs just went up a lot. Then you buy a wind powered car because the solar is not working very well, and they say, well, you know when it's not the sun isn't shining, the wind will be blowing, so you can drive that car. Then you find out you can't take it to the soccer game or it will work because the wind might not be blowing in the afternoon or at the end of the game. So now you've got three cars. And to make the analogy more fitting to what's going on with the electric grid is you can't turn off coal and natural gas very easily or turn them down and produce nothing. With them, so they run and spin reserve. So you have these billion dollar plants and the real cost is in the capital costs of paying for the darn thing and the people that have to run it. They have to be there all the time, and then you have to keep it idling. The industry calls it spending reserve, so they're making they're keeping it running because you've got to ramp it up whenever whenever the wind and solar aren't operating, which is frequently. So now to make that analogy with the car, the same you have to leave your car and your garage idling all the time because you have to jump in it to rescue the other cars where they can't perform. It's crazy world, and it's really expensive, and it's even worse because it's inflation causing from the fact that we're spending money we don't have, so we're borrowing money adding to our thirty five trillion dollar national debt. We're adding more money to a trillion dollar year interest payments on that debt now, and then worse, we're buying eighty percent of the things I just mentioned, including electric batteries for cars and all the stuff that goes in electric batteries from the communist Chinese who are using it to grow their economy at our expense and grow their military to confront us. And they are international bullies, and they are totalitarians at home controlling their own people. And they're the low cost providers why because they use cheap, reliable coal energy. They have a million people locked up and are using them for slave labor, and their labor costs are much much lower. And they have very few environmental protection laws and use a lot of acids and bad chemicals and have a lot of waste when you process lithium and cobalt to make those batteries, and they actually have to go into some of that and goes into wind and solar as well. And they are the low cost provider and will be for a number of years, and they can undercut all of the market. So we're adding to inflation by not only making our energy costs more expensive. That add for inflation because and food inflation in particular, because you've got to use a lot of energy to plant that harvested, process it, cool it, bring it to our houses, bring it to the grocery store. The grocery storess keep it and cool it, and then we use it at home and we cook it with our own energy. All those things get built into the costs of everything we buy, so we have inflation on the energy level. And Trump understands this. If we have a lot more energy available, well things will cost less. And if we stop this crazy borrowing and adding to our thirty five trillion national debt, that will also have an anti inflationary effect. So those things prices will start to come down again. But if we elect Harris, which you know, if that should happen, I'm really concerned we won't recognize our country in four years. But she is even worse than Biden on these issues. That's how we won't talk about them because people don't want to be forced into an electric car.
Speaker 1: You really expensive, Frank.
Speaker 2: All you need to know about Kamala Harris is that her values haven't changed. So all of the double talk and the backtracking her campaign has given us on her radical views that she has publicly stated. She's on record saying things that no one in America would vote for, and even Democrats didn't vote for in the twenty twenty primary. That's why she dropped out and was appointed vice president. But her values haven't changed. Just remembered that when you go to the post.
Speaker 8: Directly from her, she's directly from her. She said that, And you know, she's got the endorsement of every single green crazy group out there, some of which wouldn't even endorse Biden because he wasn't extreme enough, so they with held their endorsement from Biden, but they've given it to Harris. But she isn't talking about these issues. So what do they know that they're hiding from the rest of us Because the rest of us, as you pointed out, we wouldn't vote for this, We wouldn't vote to be forced into electric cars. And what's even worse about electric cars, there's a larger globalist agenda with this is they want to force and make elections, regular cars too expensive for regular people to drive. They want to limit our freedoms. They want to make energy, energy, and food prices really expensive so they can ration them and control all of us. Do those rations each ev there's a great study by the Texas Public Policy Foundation tpp APP and you can.
Speaker 1: Find it online about.
Speaker 8: The real costs of the subsidies of electric vehicles. And they're making multi billion, like four or five billion dollar transfer payments from Ford and GM and other gas car makers because they have outrageous mile per gallon standards, so they have to buy credits from Tesla and other EV makers in the tune of billions of dollars. So we're paying thousands of dollars more for every single gas.
Speaker 7: Car we buy.
Speaker 8: And because new cars cost more, used cars cost more. So they're screwing the regular guy every which way, and most of us have no idea and would just be upset if we understood this.
Speaker 6: Well, Frank.
Speaker 2: The other thing that's also very dangerous in this discussion, and you mentioned forcing people to buy these evs, the electric vehicles not only are not internal combustion engines, which we have readily available sources for, they run on lithium batteries which have proved to be very volatile yet at this stage of their development, if they catch fire, you can't put them out. They just have to burn out. If it's cold and you can't charge them on a winter's day, could be you could be frozen somewhere, stranded in a minus thirty degree windshill on some highway out in the middle of nowhere because there's no place to charge your ev And here's the most dangerous part to me. When you talk about trying to restrict people's movement and make regular cars too expensive for the plain old folks like you and me to buy. Here's the other part, and this is with internal combustion engines, with evs, With any modern car today, it is a rolling computer on wheels that can be controlled remotely from somewhere. If they don't like your freedom of movement in one direction or another, how easy would it be for them just kill the engine, or to turn your engine into your car into a weapon if a terrorist cyber attack occurred.
Speaker 8: They do this in China now. They control people's movement through their telephone use and they give them a citizenship's course for lack of a better word. And if you're a good little commi, then you have a high score and you can do what you want. You can borrow money, you can buy things from the grocery store, you can drive your car, you can take buses. But if you're not or if you criticize the regime at all, and it's sound familiar here about sizing the regime that's power, then they're going to control you and make you. You can't borrow money, you can't. They even go so far as to not let you use the internet or watch Netflix or their version of it. You can't play video games even if your score gets too low. So they're out to control people. And there are people here on the left that think that's a good idea and they should do that to all of us. But their agenda of making cars, and back to the electric vehicles, if we stop selling gas cars, the electric vehicle prices with skyrocket, they would be thirty forty thousand dollars more expensive than they are now, and they have the resale value. Just playing sucks. And then you're talking about the dangerous part of it. There are more and more reports coming out all.
Speaker 9: Around the world now.
Speaker 8: Taiwan just had nine electric buses catch on fire and burn, burn, burn, and that burning is like releases terrible caustic, bad chemicals on people. There is a fire fire, new fire, brand new fire station with a brand new electric truck in it in Germany that burned to the ground because that bus is caught on fire. These fires are happening all over their reports after the two hurricanes are very susceptible to saltwater flooding. If those batteries get flooded and wet. Then there's been literally several dozen spontaneous electric fires from electric vehicles. And then think about this and the instance of hurricanes. One of those twenty seven million people that live in Florida, and you know, a couple million wanted to evacuate and get out of the eye of the hurricane. They could all charge their electric vehicles at once.
Speaker 9: I think not.
Speaker 1: Then they get on the road and.
Speaker 8: Spend multi hours on that road, and then they're they're running out of electricity for their car. Well, they could stop someplace and charge it up. And even if there were a lot of chargers, and you know, the Biden regime, by the way, spend I think seven billion dollars to build maybe a dozen stations around the country.
Speaker 2: Frank, Frank, listen, I'm sorry, we're running out of time, and this, this conversation deserves so much more more time than this. The book is Climate and Energy Lies, Expensive, dangerous, destructive of the author is frankles say.
Speaker 6: The book's out now right.
Speaker 8: Frank, Yes, it's on Amazon, and you can also find out more where we make the complex world of energy and climate more understandable for regular people. And shorter articles with great sources at Truth in Energy and Climate dot com. It's Truth in Energy and Climate dot com. And we have a weekly energy and Energy and Climate newsletter that gives you the other perspective and highlights some of the things we've been talking about. But yeah, get my book Climate Energy Lies. It's really important that we start to understand this stuff because the globalists and the leftists have a plan for us. I got it into our benefit.
Speaker 6: I got it, brother, Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: This is the nightcap on seven hundred WLW want to be October the twenty eighth. We are just eight days away from election day, and we got one of the great legal minds who actually puts himself out there to talk, a former federal prosecutor and author of books like The Mysteries of Watergate, What Really Happened and Postgate, How the Washington Post betrayed deep Throat, covered up Watergate, and began today's partisan advocacy journalism.
Speaker 6: And that's the key right there, is that.
Speaker 2: Journalism hasn't been said by others is dead as it used to be known, as far as an objective point of view, as far as looking at all sides of a story and reporting the facts. Only we don't have that anymore, mostly in American media. And this is not I don't advertise this as.
Speaker 6: A news show. This is a talk show.
Speaker 2: We like to think that we bring news and bring things to people's attention in our reporting and our interviews, but this is a commentary show. You know where I stand if you listen at all to this show, you know where I am politically, on the political side of which isle. You know that I'm a Donald Trump supporter.
Speaker 6: You know that I.
Speaker 2: Espouse conservative so called values as opposed to the woke. But news departments all over this country, media departments in under the guise of news, have been reporting things that are not facts. They're just reporting their ideas and their side of facts. You maybe get one side of the story if you're lucky. John O'Connor is the man I'm talking about, and he joins us now to talk about election twenty twenty four and so much more.
Speaker 6: Good evening, John, how are you hey, Great to be with you. Sorry for that rambling intro, but.
Speaker 2: It's no makes sense.
Speaker 6: Great to have you with us again.
Speaker 2: And I uh, I want to say first off that in our last conversation about Postgate and the conversation we've had in the books you've done really really have been enlightening. And what has gone on since you are a former federal prosecutor and you studied these legal issues your entire life. But what has the Biden Harris DOJ been like when it comes to it hearing the Constitution and to actually making you feel like you've got a system that works for everybody.
Speaker 9: Well, I'm a little disappointed, and I guess I would say I'm greatly disappointed at when I was in the US Attorney's ofuficin San Francisco, you couldn't tell who was a Republican, who is a Democrat, or how the how the office lean That's just not what we did, and we would be ashamed if political leanings came out. Now what we've got is a Justice Department that I'm afraid it's like so many other institutions in our society, it's gone toward the you know, toward the partisan. Everybody has to be a partisan. And you see that in the last election where the FBI, and this is stunning because the FBI was always so straight and then in the last election, having had hunter Byder's laptop Biden's laptop for two years, and knowing that it was real and having verified the serial number, FBI just went to Silicon Valley and told everybody it was Russian disinformation. Now think about that one. This is an investigative agency that's not supposed to be taking part in politics. And that's what Jay gar Hoover was so famous for was nobody pushed him around and nobody got him to bend the FBI to its partisan will. Now we have people doing this kind of stuff just blatantly, and John Brennan and the CIA going out and blatantly being political and telling things in saying things that aren't true, decidedly not true. And it's been an infection. And it starts with the media. The media did this. And once you see that, the media is always going to go one way, and it's always going to portray one side and cover up all sins. If you're on one side of the fence, the natural tendency is to get on that side, to get on the side that you're never going to get criticized. And I might say this even as to sexual harassment, I think until just recently, maybe until Harvey Weinstein's case, there was always thought that if you're on the good old democratic side and you contributed to Democrats and so if what you can get away of a sexual harassment, whereas no conservative could. Uh And and so this has infected everything. It's infected the universities, it's infected. It starts with the media, is what I would say. But it gets to the universities, it gets to the uh, institutions of government. And it's really sort of sad. And now here we are here, we are in an election where the main statements by one political party is that the other side fascist. Yeah, that's and that's being reported as if there was some factual basis for it. Uh And and it's just it's it's just silly.
Speaker 2: Well, they're there's citing things that uh that John Kelly purportedly said about President Trump back in when he was for a short time chief of staff, uh that Trump said Hitler had had some good generals. I need generals like Himler had, or something to that effect. But you understand, John, that the left has been doing this for decades. They have been throwing out the Hitler card and the fascist card about conservatives. You know, they attacked Ronald Reagan in the same way, this is not anything that's new.
Speaker 6: It's just gotten.
Speaker 2: More and more and more poisoned as time has gone along, as it's been more accepted that the media is just going to be a cheerleader for the left and the Democrats and be a scold for Republicans and conservatives. That is seemingly because they said it about John McCain. They said it about Mitt Romney, for Lord's sake, that he was Hitler. So this is nothing new. This is a page out of their old playbook. But as you mentioned, some people just not along anyway to the drive by media claims that Trump is a fascist or Hitler or Stalin and Mussolini all rolled into one, as the one writer in The Atlantic did, and you kind of just look at it after a while. In it, I don't think it moves the needle of rings hollow at all. The danger, of course, and this has been pointed out by Republicans and people of the Trump campaign. The danger is it inspires these kind of whack jobs like you saw in Butler Pennsylvania, or the guy that was you know, just off the golf course done to mar A Lago, to do something that they ordinarily may not be triggered to do capiece.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 9: Yeah, a couple of thoughts there. First of all, you notice that the FBI is not releasing documents that might show the motivation of the Butler PA shooter. And we know what those documents are going to show. But guess what, they don't tell us what they show. They give us a few little tidbits that have nothing to do with the guy's ideological underpinning, but they don't tell us how the guy was influenced because I'm sure we know what would happen if they did do that, And it really is silly. And you know something, I think if the funny thing about all this fascist stuff is that, you know, the reason you try to connect this case Trump before that, you know, Reagan and so forth and so on and then Bush is because it ties them to mass murders and taking over foreign countries. That's the reason you do it, because that's the bad implications of it. Well, we know that's not true. Nobody really believes that anybody's going to do what Hitler did, So what is the purpose of comparing someone to Hitler? Well, if you look at Hitler's policies, they're very progressive there.
Speaker 8: He's a socialist.
Speaker 9: He was into he was into government control, abortion, euthanasia, old age pensions, all sorts of things. And I'm not going to argue with him, and that are all very much lefty positions. Uh, that was that was hit He was He was against organized religion and so forth. So if you look at his policies, they're they're as they as you would expect of a national socialist. They were socialistic. Now, the fact that he ruled with an iron fist and so first so did Stalin and he's a lefty. So that's the odd thing about it is they're calling the pott is calling the kettle black, and uh, you know, and it's just sort of odd. And it's also very grade schoolish. They're avoiding any real substantive debate over issues. Why because they can't win on any issues. Well, but the only issue they've got is abortion.
Speaker 2: Yes, when when you look at what the Justin Biden Harris administration, and I'm not calling Joe Biden Hitler or Kamala Harris at or Ava Brown or anything like that, but when you look at the Biden administration and what they have done in their three and a half years, specifically to conservatives and to President Trump. I mean, they have tried to jail their opponent. They have prosecuted, persecuted, and prosecuted wrongly, I would say, in almost all cases their political opponent. And that is something Hitler wouldn't have stood for any kind of challenge to him in Nazi Germany. He wouldn't and you know when that happened, those people were executed on the spot. I mean, if you want to talk about anybody looking like a fascist in this country in the current political scope, you've got to point the finger at what the Biden administration has done through their Department of Justice, through the Department of Homeland Security, through all of the agencies that are under the executive branch, and the executive orders, which have in essence taken power out of the hands of the people and giving it to Washington and corporate Washington.
Speaker 9: Yes, that's right, and think about little things like the I say little things like the when Muller was making a lot of arrests.
Speaker 5: In the.
Speaker 9: During the Trump administration, what would they do. They would have the FBI agent's dress and paramilitary gear. Oh yeah, And when Roger Stone was arrested, it was at dawn, a dawn raid, and people there were boats on the canal near him, there were helicopters. They made a big deal of this police state deal. The FBI would never get involved in that in the past. They would say, no, we're not a police force. By the way, we're investigators. That's number one. We wear suits, we don't wear paramilitary gear. That's number one. And number two, we're not going to politicize anything. But that's not what has happened. And you think about that now. These FBI agents say love getting dressed in tactical gear. They're not soldiers, they're investigators. And the old time FBI agents who I am in touch with constantly, they are repulsed by this. They hate it. They see what's happened. They've been politicized. But everybody's been politicized. Think about campuses. Campuses, you know, the instruction is politicized. And it's really too bad because a democracy depends on the free exchange of ideas. I don't have to say I'm always right. I like to hear from the other side because it actually sharpens me. If I find that some argument I'm making is incorrect or weak, I should change that argument or supplemented or revise it based upon the argument of the other side. That's the standard. The funny thing about it is the concern of us are adopting what is really the standard liberal view of John Stuart Mill, who has always been the guy for the ACLU. Oh free speech, free argument, free exchange of ideas. That's what conservatives adopt today, the classic liberal position. But the other side is adopting the more socialistic position of you cannot say anything against the interests of the party, or we will punish you. And that's the odd thing about it. The liberals in this country are really conservative.
Speaker 2: Well, the liberals in this country are really Marxists, I mean the term that used to be used for Democrats and people on the other side of the conservative aisle. Liberals. They're not liberal at all. They're Marxist.
Speaker 6: You're right.
Speaker 2: The conservatives are the new liberals in this environment. But the people that you used to call liberals are nothing but Marxists, aren't they right?
Speaker 9: Right, they're not liberals at all. No, they're not liberals at all. They're very much And the funny thing about it is, if you look at it, they really are socialist authoritarians. And because every socialist, every socialist regime, can only enforce itself by authoritarianism, because you can't get you can't hurt all the cats. Socialism depends on everybody marching to the same beat, to marching goose steppers order, and you can't have that in a democracy. The two are not consistent with one another, but they try to do it, and they try to enforce it. And guess what happens when somebody tries to step out of line. The state media comes in and tries to punish them, and they look on with approval when the Justice Department punishes them. Think about the teachers in different places that are trying to not teachers, but the parents who are trying to get their classrooms free of bias, and the Justice Department goes out and looks for the parents. I mean, that's how extreme we have gotten.
Speaker 2: Parents, parents who want their values taught in public schools are considered domestic terrorists by this Department of Justice. And Garrick Marlin Merrick Garland, the DOJ. By the way, are they still deploying district elections officers to handle threats and intimidation?
Speaker 9: John Well, I'll tell you what they're doing. They're going to be bringing the Justice Department. It's going to be bringing people out to the polls, not to keep the polls fair, but to keep the poll watchers from keeping things fair. They're out there to run interference for the people who are really cheating in this election. And that's the scary thing about it. That's what's going to happen in this election.
Speaker 2: Is it going to be enough to determine this election?
Speaker 9: John, Well, that's the billion dollar question.
Speaker 1: Yeah much.
Speaker 9: I'm very much afraid of the cheating. We know that in both Arizona and Georgia.
Speaker 6: There is legalized cheating.
Speaker 9: In Georgia, you cannot check a signature really on a ballot. It cannot met if it doesn't match the registration. Too bad that vote gets counted anyway. In Arizona, people can vote without proof of citizenship. And how does that happen?
Speaker 2: You know, you know every I looked at the list of countries earlier where you have to have a legitimate voter ID to vote in the election. It's almost every country in the world except federally in the United States.
Speaker 6: You can't demand that in this country. It's all up to the states, right.
Speaker 9: Well, that's right, that's right, and it's it's unfortunate, it's just unfortunate. But that's what we've got. We've got a terrible system here.
Speaker 2: Well, Arizona, Arizona's already come out and their Board of Elections has said it's going to be ten to twelve days before we know the outcome of the election in Arizona, they've already admitted that. And a federal and as federal judge telling Glenn Youngkin that he can't he can't take non citizens admitted self admitted non citizens off the voting roles in Virginia.
Speaker 9: Well, that's a good example of once again we have an infection of politics into this. What is the weak argument for saying you cannot follow the law? The law requires Youngkin to do that. It goes to it stands to reason anyway, even if you didn't have a law, yeah, you shouldn't have non citizens on the voting role. And yet yeah, so what is the court doing jumping in there? But yet the court is And that's that's what's terrible, because the court has been politicized. You know, the courts don't call balls and strikes, at least on the again, on the progressive side of things. It's considered cool to sort of bend the law in your direction.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so the strike zone is not universal, it's not uniform with balls and strikes being called by our courts. Listen, John, I'm sorry we're out of time. I wish we had more. Former Federal Product Prosecutor John D O'Connor our guest tonight of the Nightcap, and thanks, and hopefully we'll have a chance to talk after the election.
Speaker 6: John.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I hope it's a good I hope it's a good talk.
Speaker 6: Yeah, me too. We need some good news.
Speaker 2: Thank you, brother, how gooy buddy say it all right? It's the Nightcap on seven hundred WLW, eight days away from election day, and our involvement in wars in other countries continues. I thought it'd be good to have retired Captain Douglas j Earn, who is, among other things, and he's a lot of different things, uh, the author of the Spirit of a True Patriot, the inspiring story of Retired Captain Douglas j Ernest. And here he is the man himself, the man, the myth legend, Douglas j Ernest.
Speaker 6: Welcome to the Nightcap.
Speaker 10: Well, Gary, my pleasure I appreciate you having me and allowing.
Speaker 3: My voice to be heard for all your listeners.
Speaker 6: You got it.
Speaker 2: So where are you coming from? What part of the country in right now, Douglas.
Speaker 10: I'm in the great city of Dallas Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 6: Oh, there you go, the Big D, the Big D.
Speaker 2: There's there's no there's no joy in Jerryville, not.
Speaker 3: Not after yesterday's blowout.
Speaker 10: So now, but we're not usually on Monday morning, everybody's drinking coffee and talking on to Caro selling the kitchen today and nobody's talking.
Speaker 3: Everybody's quite a pretty reserved this morning.
Speaker 2: It's it's tough to be a Cowboys fan these days, There's no question about that.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 10: There's more important things on the horizon in our country.
Speaker 3: So I've been trying to stay focused on that.
Speaker 2: As a retired captain, what do you think about some of these top generals that are in charge of our military and the ones who have been, if not pushing going along with all the trans woke nonsense that's been injected into our military by by political leaders and by political leanings. Uh, do you have any comments on the state of our military from the top. Yeah, I'm not talking about the enlisted men or women, or the officers, the people who are out actually doing the work in defending our country, protecting our country and being a shining symbol for America in other parts of the world. But these guys at the top, they just lost their way or what's going on there, Doug, Well, you know.
Speaker 10: That's a great question and something a mixedly versed in and something I also wrote about in the book, the book The Spirit of the True Patriot that I wrote is before I became a military analyst. And I have a good friend of mine that is my mentor, who's actually a general in the army who stayed in after I got out twenty years ago, and he's, you know, very non political. He stays out of the mix because they can't speak when you're in that position. But when you're a soldier in the military, you've got to do what you're told. You can't just you know, voice your opinion because nobody wants to listen to it and you'll get fired. So you have to do whatever they put out. The directors come from the top, and that's from the executive management leadership of our country, and then it trickles down to the tentacles at the Pentagon. He gets put out. They're doing what they're told. It doesn't matter if you like it or don't like it, you have to do it. If we don't have that type of system, you won't have a true leadership. You won't be the powerhouse of the globe if you don't follow this type of succession and management style. Doesn't mean they don't talk offline. And most leaders that I've talked to in the military are very unhappy with the state of affairs in the military.
Speaker 3: And you can see.
Speaker 10: That with the leadership and you talk to them, and you can see it in the recruiting from the military.
Speaker 3: How it's off about.
Speaker 10: Forty percent and I can't fill the ranks even though the ranks are so small.
Speaker 3: Compared to where they were twenty thirty years ye.
Speaker 2: Do you think that, for example, do you think a general like Mark Milly disagrees with all the woke stuff and he's just being a yes man because that's what he's directed to do, or is he bought into this.
Speaker 1: I would assume it's both.
Speaker 10: I said, you know, you've men have started out and not buying into it. But when your boss is telling them, you have to do this, and you believe that you're patriotic duty to your country to do what the executive leader said, which right now is Joe Biden. You have to listen to them, and you have to buy into it. I was in the military and did things I didn't want to do. I went to war and fired weapons in the war, and I didn't want to do it. It was against my human values of what i' thought was, you know, what was right and wrong in my Christian beliefs.
Speaker 3: But I did it because I was instructed to do it. And the same for him.
Speaker 10: I don't know his personal thoughts, and you know, I hate to disparage his service because he's been in the military for you know, thirty five years and he's served in many battlefields. But he has to do what he's told. Now if you change the pendulum, and the pendulum swing to the other side. Hopefully in eight days when we have a change of the leadership of the Guard, hopefully that penda will swing and you'll see Mindy smiling and doing whatever the new leadership say, if he even able to keep his position.
Speaker 3: But right now, the state of leadership in the military is in chaos.
Speaker 10: We are right now, you know, fighting wars across the globe or interjecting ourselves and these wars that are being fought around the globe, we have no you know, sense of leadership, CAMARADERIATORI ship. You know, they're doing a lot of these. You know, these are experiments in the military. They're not even proven principles, theoretical framework methodologies. They're just experiments to see if we can interject this type of liberal thinking in our military rank and see if it would be successful. We haven't gotten a final answer.
Speaker 2: So far.
Speaker 10: It's not been successful because recruiting is down so far, the state of the military is so low. We've actually swung the military from all the poll You can see that military polling has been swung to the Republican side even more so.
Speaker 9: It's not worked.
Speaker 3: But it's not over.
Speaker 10: You know, if we do have a Democratic House takeover, you know, in eight days, it's going to.
Speaker 3: Get worse and worse and worse and keep evolved into one side.
Speaker 10: But Lord Willing, we do have a shift to the Republicans in both.
Speaker 3: The Senate and ex give me him.
Speaker 10: The Senate can the executive brands, and that will allow some of the tension to be relieved and bring it back to some sense of normalcy, if you will.
Speaker 2: We're talking to Douglas j ernest On the Nightcap, author of the Spirit of a True Patriot. Number one, what inspired you to join the military in the first place? And then number two, what inspired you to write the book?
Speaker 10: Oh, you know, a lot of this I talked about in my book. You know, I hope your viewers will, you know, take a way to donate to a Veterans Causes, because my book does.
Speaker 3: All the proceeds and royalties do go to veterans costs. That's my admission is to be able to serve veterans.
Speaker 10: It's the name of the book is the Spirit of a True Patriot Douglas Harness. You can just search Doudlinsarness dot com and find a link to it online. But I joined the Army at the age of seventeen in order to get college money. I came from from very humble background, very tough area in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. When I was seventeen, my parents didn't have any money for college. There's not any opportunity in.
Speaker 9: This city back then.
Speaker 10: And I found you know, recruiter and family friends and mentors. In my family that had served in the military that were considered successful, and I started inquiring about the military, and they had a program called the Army College Fund, which gave you seventeen thousand dollars to go to college if you completed two and a half to three years of service and a job that most people don't want to take, and that's infantry, armor or some type of common arms, a combat engineer. So I went to the recruiter and found infantry and thought I wanted to be, you know, go to airborne school and be in the infantry. I signed out not having any idea what I was doing. I had no idea what the infantry did. I just my version of infantry, what i'd see on what you know, in movies that my grandfather would take me to about the military. And then later, you know, six months after I joined. I joined June thirtieth, nineteen ninety August second, thirty three days later, Saddam Hussein invaded the city, the Kuwait City, and committed to some of the worst atrocities we've seen since World War Two, and that shifted the entire military. All the kids I was with, the seventeen eighteen, nineteen year old that wasn't with the basic training. We were then being trained to go to war. And they told us were going to war. They said, you are infantry. You are going to be on the battlefield to fight against Iraq in the next six months. And they were right, because on January second of nineteen ninety one, I was deployed to that theater and I was there for seven months, and my whole time turning from a boy that was to get some college money to a man that wanted to serve his country and do what was right in the honor of my grandpatents and my uncles that had served in Vietnam War. They just transformed me to a patriot. I learned what it was to be a patriot. I already was an American like everybody else.
Speaker 3: In this country. But I became a patriot. I became a.
Speaker 10: Person that was so involved with my country and doing things for the right reason, and transformed my life, not only my life as a soldier, but my personal life, my health, my wealth, my taking care of myself and taking care of thinking, and trying to find a way to embrace and make a contribution back to my country that was so fortunate to give me the skill sets and the benefits that I.
Speaker 3: Had at that time.
Speaker 10: I later wrote a book after almost twenty years of service, I had gotten out of the captain and I had in the time I was in the Army reserves for I had a reserve scholarship and was mobilized for probably a third of my career. I was actually put on active duty as a reservist when I was an officer and a captain. And during that time I became an entrepreneur and opened up a corvette.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're going to get in to that bar, and I just.
Speaker 10: I was able to keep my corvette dealership intact. Very small, extreme big struggles, and I was actually able to stay as a lieutenant and the captain and they got mobilized to go to the border of Mexico in what two thousand and three for Desert's one two.
Speaker 3: And it was just a story of you know, the ups.
Speaker 10: And downs and the answers to the questions that people have if they're considering joining military service. And hopefully it's an inspiration to people that want to make positive changes in their life, whether it's quit smoking, get healthy, you know, get along better with your family, or just understand what it is to be a true patriot of this great country.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's that's definitely a mouthful in you know, hindsight's always twenty twenty and you know we could talk as a as somebody who lives in the middle of Bengals country. You live in the middle of Cowboys country. The Monday morning quarterbacking, Do you think that in hindsight, Doug, that that we should have driven Saddam Hussein all the way back to Bagdad At the time, in the early nineties.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you know that s that's another great year full of great questions this morning I'm full of You know, at that time, we had a great sense of leadership and organizational outcome plan directives in the military. And that's just the fancy word I got when I was in leadership school. We set a goal. Our mission was to drive Hussein out of Kuwait and take back Kuwait. That was our mission. We accomplished it and we stopped. We thought that was going to be the end of this craziness in the Middle East and would tone it down. We didn't expect to go back thirteen years later.
Speaker 9: We did what we do now.
Speaker 10: Why we don't have that type of leadership in the military. There's no outcome based leadership in the military. We're just gabbling in these conflicts around the globe that don't have an outcome, very similar to what happened in Vietnam, which turned out to be atrocity for our country with fifty thousand of our women and men in that theater. So right now, I wouldn't second guess it because we set a goal, we set a directive, and we set what our outcome was and we achieved it. We drove Saddam Hussein and the Republican Guard out of Kuwait and we achieved our goal.
Speaker 3: We liberated this country.
Speaker 10: We saved millions of lives because these other people that were there were going to be killed, and he was planning to go to Saudi Arabia. When we got there, we had gotten intel that through all the generals and all their playing, they were planning to keep going further into Saudi Arabian, extually launching SCUD missiles into Saudi at that time. So it was a great opportunity for me as a kid, you know, as a private, to see my leadership set the directive and they told us as a pirate, we're going to Kuwait and we are going to liberate Kuwait. We are going to drive him out of Kuwait City. We're going to push him back on what was later referred to as the road of death, and then we're going to stop and we're going to have peace. And they did it, and they did it in about one hundred hours. And that was the you know what I considered leadership by General Schwarzkoff, where he sets a mission, he sets a goal, you actually do it, you get it done, and you want peace because as a as a.
Speaker 3: Patriot, I want peace across the world. We don't want people to die and suffer. I want it to end.
Speaker 2: We didn't we didn't have a clear mission in Afghanistan, did.
Speaker 10: We We had we absolutely we did not.
Speaker 3: We went in there blindfolded. We went in there with no mission.
Speaker 10: There was a number a goal set that said we're going to achieve these directives and then we're going to end the conflict. And I was also a part of that, but in a lesser aspect because I didn't get deployed Afghanistan and I didn't get deployed to the Iraq theater at that time. I was deployed to the border of Mexico to guard Mexico and then mobilized troops to go to Iraq, and it was just, it was It was inspiring and we were motivated at the beginning of the conflict. But as the conflict lingered on for years, the spirit of our countrymen was depleted drastically, and then the injuries and the urban warfare, and people are soldiers suffering and the people in that part of the world suffering. It was just it was an awful, awful leadership.
Speaker 3: In my opinion, with no outcome, no goal in that part of the world.
Speaker 2: You talk about being deployed to the Mexican border. The first call of the federal government in our constitution is to provide for the common defense of our country. Should our military be concentrated on the Mexican border right now, I mean instead of I mean our military provide for the common defense. That is the federal government's charge according to our constitution, the first one provide for the common defense and promote the general welfare of Americans. That's what our government has called to do. And yet I don't feel like we've been providing for the common defense of our country. In regards to the southern border at all. The last three and a half years, I.
Speaker 10: Think our southern border is in the worst shape it's ever been in.
Speaker 3: The history of our country.
Speaker 10: It's it's just a vanity what's going on down there and the destructiveness that it brings to our country. The human trafficking, the people that come in on betted that can make crimes against events and buns against citizens. And number three, the drugs one hundred thousand fetanyl.
Speaker 3: That's all this fetanol comes across the border, if most of it from the Mexican border.
Speaker 10: It just unleashes tear on our citizens in our country, and absolutely.
Speaker 3: Something needs to be done.
Speaker 10: If the border patrol could control it, you wouldn't need the military. But the military and the past and when I was there acted as an intel effort. We didn't go arrest the migrants that were coming across. We didn't arrest the drug dealers. We would spot them, we would call it into higher and then border patrol will get them. And I believe right now because when I was down there, we had control of the border. We have the skill sets and the ability to take care of the border with the border patrol that's there right now, But we're not having our back of the executive branch in order to enforce the laws. They've actually circumvented the laws, opened the border wide up and they're not even to.
Speaker 3: Do their job.
Speaker 10: Of course, you could use the military, but I don't think it's needed from my experience on that the border patrol can do it. They just need backing by the government. And I believe now from what you see in the media reports, is actually a call by the American people for their voice to be heard where.
Speaker 3: They want the border protect it.
Speaker 9: Nothing is enough.
Speaker 10: Citizens are being murdered, citizens are being raped, citizens are being taken advantage of.
Speaker 3: Our resources are being.
Speaker 10: Spent on people coming across the border that are not vetted, and giving to people our veterans sleeping the park addicted to drugs and alcohol without anybody taking care of them, with our people and our impoverished ghattos not being taken care of, but yet we're giving hotels to people that come across the border. It's my definition of insanity. I would never imagine in my fifty two years of my life that this would be going on in my country, and.
Speaker 3: I wrote about it in my book The Spirit of a True.
Speaker 10: Patriot, about my experiences of the border, they were excellent.
Speaker 3: We guarded the border.
Speaker 10: We had people come across and they would get them, they would arrest them, and they would send them back to Mexico and if they had drugs, they would do their time in jail then get put back in Mexico. And that was a very common way of doing business back then. Now it's a free for all. It's wide open, and.
Speaker 3: It is absolutely untenable.
Speaker 10: What you can imagine what's happened to the people in our country that have to suffer because of these batchform policy initiatives by the Border Czar Harris and President Joe Biden.
Speaker 2: Douglas Ernest, the book is the spirit of a true patriot, the inspiring story of retired Captain Douglas j Ernest, US Army war veteran entrepreneur owns a very successful Corvette car dealership in Dallas.
Speaker 6: You know, next time we got to.
Speaker 2: If there is a next time, Doug, We've got to make time to talk about the Corvette warehouse and how that got started, because that's a great story too, and it's in the book. And again you said, all proceeds from the book go where.
Speaker 3: All proceeds go to veterans group.
Speaker 10: I pick my favorite four veterans groups that I hope to make my contribution back to my sisters and brothers, to be able to give something back because our government doesn't always take care of the veterans because they don't have the resources. I hope that your listeners will spend the fifteen bucks of the paperback or six bucks of the kindle for the Spirit of a Truth Patriot. Spend that little bit of money, and about thirty percent of the revenue that comes from the book actually goes.
Speaker 3: Right directly to the veterans groups.
Speaker 10: The Spirit of a Truth Patriot Douglasernest dot com. You can just Google search Douglas Ernest and the links of the book will be in there.
Speaker 3: I ask y'all to.
Speaker 10: Please make your small contribution so we can help those that need a helping hand in this challenging time for our country.
Speaker 9: And can I say one last thing, Gary question, No, go ahead.
Speaker 10: I just hope that your your people, your listeners, get out and vote, Tell your friends, tell your neighbor, put a sign in your yard, get out.
Speaker 3: Don't let our country be destroyed.
Speaker 10: Please get out, make your voice be heard, and do what you can to help our country, take our country back. Amen, thank you, don Amen, You're welcome, sir, my pleasure.
Speaker 2: It's the nightcap on seven hundred WLW, and we ain't done yet, Cowur. It is time to go into a sports commando territory because a lot of people have not had their emotions sufficiently addressed. After the Bengals' fifth loss of the season at home, their fourth loss at home, they are zero to four at pay Course Stadium, and again the worry coming in was the Bengals would not be able to stop Philadelphia and Sequon Barkley and Jalen Hurts.
Speaker 6: And guess what they didn't.
Speaker 2: It is the sports commando himself, the wild the wild Man, Dennis Wildman Walker, ready to air it out and vent on a Monday night on the radio.
Speaker 6: How you doing, wild Man?
Speaker 1: Well, I've been better, I've been a lot better. But after watching yesterday's debacle, Gary, Jeff, ten games left, okay, ten games left of the season. You just said, Bengals are three and five and zero and four. We're just unacceptable at pay Course Stadium. This football team. I'm not gonna say that the season is over. Let me just put it in another way and then you can decipher they were in a coma and are on life support.
Speaker 2: So I mean, are we calling the hospice doctors yet into the room. Is this just palliative care the rest of the way through wild Man or is there a hope of a miracle, of a chance that they come out off of life support. They're breathing on their own. They take the feeding tube out, and they get out of ICU, and now they're in a general room just kind of healing up.
Speaker 6: Just for observation.
Speaker 2: I mean, what's your prognosis, then, doctor Walker, what's your prognosis here of the patient?
Speaker 1: Well, the vine intervention might have to happen.
Speaker 2: We're talking about only God can fix this.
Speaker 1: Gary Jeff. Right now, it's a It's a mess on both sides of the ball, starting with the terrible, terrible play calling it one, Zach Taylor. I mean that fourth and two play. My grandma's been dead for twenty years and she could tell you what play was coming. I mean, when that happens, that's bad. And they throw a screen pass, Gary Jeff. They've been trying that screen pass for fifty eight years and it hasn't worked. And he can continue to go to the well on that screen pass, Well, that's can get two.
Speaker 2: Yard fifty year, fifty eight years. That's not Zach Taylor's fault.
Speaker 1: No, they still they're still using that play for the playbook. They're still using that play. That was just a dumb play. They're that close you play field position, and I can I can hark him back to the Super Bowl when they were like at midfield and Taylor thought he was cute and went forth. It failed, The Rams got the ball, went down to score touchdown, and if you look at the final score of the game, there was the difference. But Taylor's play calling is terrible, terrible, and it's all over It's all over Facebook. People are now saying Taylor is not the guy the call plays and Gary Jeff. Look what the Browns did this week. Kema Stefanski turned it over his play calling duties the Ken Dorsey. Okay, they put in a third stream cornerback Jamius Winston. What happens They upset the Baltimore Ravens. There's something there. Why can't Taylor? Why can't Taylor turn a play calling duties over to Jeff Jeff Pitcher, Well, let me do it.
Speaker 2: The last time that Jamis Winston. Winston was successful at stealing anything. It was crab legs in Florida and he was just going out of college.
Speaker 1: Now you're just reaching.
Speaker 2: There no reach in that that happened.
Speaker 1: But had to do with the game yesterday.
Speaker 6: They hear me out. Hear me out.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying is Jameis Winston more or less was written off in the NFL for his career and the only thing that some people remember is you know that stuff, and not not his introduction into the league. I'm not saying That's me just calmed down for a moment and hear me out. What I'm saying is with a change in play calling, you can have a change in outcomes no matter who's under center.
Speaker 6: I think that's the point.
Speaker 1: Well, and worked for the Browns, did it not? Yes?
Speaker 6: I was agree. I was agreeing with you.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think if Zach Taylor's ego will not allow it, and really I think a lot of the players are starting to not question it out loud, but inside that locker room, I'm on themselves. Now let me run this by you again. I told you this once. Zach Taylor was the offensive coordinator. I think at twenty fifteen with Miami Dolphins. They got rid of him. He came to Cincinnati. It's the offensive coordinator. They got rid of him too when they fired Tommy Tubberville ended up with the Rams as the quarterbacks coach, not the offensive coordinator, but as the quarterbacks coach. Then he gets the job here. Yeah, what what was the What was the Bengals record before they got Joe Borrow? Joe Burrow? What was their record? It was a pathetic, it was it was they were losers. They went to the super Bowl. Yeah, they went to the super Bowl because of Joe Burrow. It wasn't Zach Taylor's play calling, his brilliant play calling, because the league is caught up to him. Now here here we go. Jermaine Burton. T Higgins can't play again for a third time this year. Jamaine and Burton, they put him in yesterday, had a great had a great catch, had another one that almost could have been a touchdown, but the defensive back, it was an all pro, broke it up. Jermaine and Burton needs to get the Ballimore, the guy who's got blazing speed, and Joe Burrow has already come out and said.
Speaker 6: I like that guy.
Speaker 1: Because he can't. You can't. You're not gonna win with Jamar Chason. They're double team and him and guys like Trent Irwin and you both seeing those guys, they're not they're not that caliber. But Jermaine Burton, if you look at the numbers he put up in college, it was unreal, the numbers he put up in college at Alabama.
Speaker 6: Look at the guy in there and play well.
Speaker 2: And the thing that you know you said at the top of this wild Man that on both sides of the ball, they're a mess. They're a cognitive mess, and they're a kinetic physical mess on both sides of the ball.
Speaker 6: And the offense. You have covered with.
Speaker 2: The what you call Zach Taylor's deficiency of ability to call plays in the offense. And I listen, I'm one hundred percent on board with that opinion of yours. And I'm also and you and I've discussed this before. I think that Joe Burrow ought to be calling the plays. He's absolutely he's your you know, multimillion dollar quarterback. He is a franchise quarterback for the ages, especially for a team like the Bengals in Cincinnati.
Speaker 6: Perfect fit. Let the guy.
Speaker 2: Who who actually knows what he's seeing in front of him and knows the personnel he has decide how to utilize that personnel on any given offensive drive.
Speaker 6: Totally down with that.
Speaker 2: The thing we have not discussed the all obvious defensive deficiencies of this particular squad. Once again, they knew this was coming. I mean, they knew the Eagles were coming to town. With Sekwon Barkley had just rushed for one hundred and seventy two yards the week before. We knew what Jalen Hurts can do with his legs and his arm, and yet there was no answer from the Bengals defense.
Speaker 1: Yesterday they had two pressures. They had two pressures on the quarterback.
Speaker 6: Yesterday.
Speaker 1: Fred Johnson, a throwaway from the Bengals, kept Trey Henrickson at bay. I mean, good for Fred Fred Johnson. He did a good job. But they didn't blitz. They didn't blitz one time. This is on lou Amarillo. Lou Amarillo had how many days repair for the Philadelphia Eagles.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm saying they knew the Eagles were coming to town and who was coming.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's a mess. Miles Murphy as a number one draft Pick. I never hear his name called on anything. And bj Hill yesterday I didn't really hear his name called much either. And let's be so Kwanton Berkley, he had a good day, but had a good day of course at the end of getting garbage, garbage time yards. But for the most part, for the most part, the Bengals kept him in check. But then, of course the quarterback of the Eagles when he got when he got loose, he was able to find guys wide open, wide open.
Speaker 2: How many times if there is a talented and we faced the Bengals have faced Lamar Jackson this year. Okay, another quarterback very much like Jalen Hurts, only with more physical capabilities than maybe Jalen Hurts has. But how is it that you can absolutely almost put these quarterbacks in a cage and you let them figure a way out when you're closing in on both sides, and and you you've got your arms right there within you know, half an arm's linked distance of tackling this guy, and they escape every single time from the Bengals, it seems.
Speaker 1: And I've seen I've seen that. I've seen that for the eight years too. I don't I don't understand it. I want to go back to Joe Burrow. You mentioned, yeah, I call him his own place. I don't think that will really happen, because if you look at the history of the Bengals, no quarterback, no quarterback, Ken Anderson, Woomers, siasin Carson Balmer, they never were able to call their plays. I think that's something in the Bengals organization up going up back to Paul Brown, that no quarterback will ever call the plays for this franchise.
Speaker 2: I really believe that does doesn't well, doesn't doesn't happen. Does it happen elsewhere in the NFL wild Man.
Speaker 1: Where Peyton manages to Peyton manages to call his own plays? Yep. I remember there's a number of there's a number of quarterbacks that call their own place. I mean, and then, like you just said, we're all going to say, you paying me guy fifty five million dollars. He's on the field, he knows the players. But now you'et Zach Taylor is a guy, and you'll just go back and look, the league has caught on the Zach Taylor in his and this in his lame annis as a play caller, lame They're very lame. I'm not I'm not advocating, and he'd be fired. I'm advocating. Check your ego at the door. Give them the job to your OC. Let him see what he can do. Why'd you hire him as an OC If he's not calling the play? Why have him? That's a that's a wasted that's wasted payroll. And coach. Coach the team on the sidelines, get in the guy's faces, talk to the guys. Let your coaches coach. That's why Mike Tomlin has been a huge success because he lets the coaches coach and he reads the same way. Well, when you're.
Speaker 2: The head guy, and I like him this to uh, let's say the president. When you're the head guy, you delegate. This is something that Reagan was great at, delegating the responsibilities of government to people who are capable, to people who had a track record of being capable, not just Washington stiffs. In the Bengals case, they're not able. Zach Taylor as the head coach is not able to delegate authority the right way for them to be successful.
Speaker 6: And I think that's the point you're making, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly exactly. I mean, does he not have confidence and his coaches. If that's the case, then get rid of them. Then get rid of them. Yeah, my god, I mean this town is on edge, man, really, I mean being zero and four at home, and then yesterday the debacle that we saw, you know, specially with the play calling on fourth and two. You know, a blind man could have told you they're gonna throw the screen pass. They throw a three yard screen pass behind the line and then get tackled. That's the best you could come up with. And he's supposed to be this offensive genius, this offensive guru.
Speaker 2: My ass well, And I gotta tell you, I saw the postgame press conference with Joe Burrow, and he looked like he was He looked like he was in a state of shock as he was trying to answer the questions and trying to address the press. He looked I hate to say this, wild man, but he looked bengalized. He really did.
Speaker 1: I saw a little bit of the press conference and I saw that look on his face, and I don't think he really wanted to be there, but you know, league rules. But and then he said, you know it's doable that we can win the next uh yes, seven seven? Out of ten games, it's doable. I don't see I don't see that happening. I mean, they gotta go on the road and play the Chargers, and they don't play. They're gonna go on the road to play the Chargers. They're gonna they should beat the Titans. They should be the Titan and they should beat the Raiders. Then they gotta go. They gonna go play the Ravens in Baltimore. They gotta still play the Steelers twice.
Speaker 2: Yes, indeed, I don't, I don't, I don't.
Speaker 1: I just don't see it. But the stranger things have happened. But I think it's gonna take divine intervention. This football team has got too many problems. And I mean I get Jermaine Burton that needs to be in that lineup. I mean, the guy's got blazing speed. I mean, we got this Engus football team on the ost side of the Ballgary Jeff is very talented and Zach Taylor is screwing it all up. He's screwing it all up.
Speaker 2: I mean, you can have you can have filet mignon and lobster as a chef, and you can have the finest ingredients, but it can come out like shoe leather and crap. If the cook doesn't know what he's doing, and you're just insisting that there are no culinary schools skills football wise in Zach Taylor's apron.
Speaker 1: Well, let's go back and look at the play calling that he's just this year alone, and I go back to last year too. Some of the play calling that's just the league has caught on that what they're going to do. I mean, you could see it on TV when they lined up there, what they were going to do. And you know, if I can see it, you don't think that the Eagles defensive coordinator or their defense couldn't see if they knew what was coming. And that's that's the best you got, you know, in your back pocket, throw a screen pass three yards behind the line of scrimmage when they should have just plotted the ball and played field position. But no, Zach's gonna know. I'm smarter than this. I can pull this off. And you see a look on his face after it failed. He didn't know what to do. He didn't know what to do. He could have found the hole to crawl in, he would have done it. I know.
Speaker 2: This is the home of the best Bengals coverage. This is Cincinnati. You're a Bengals fan. We got lots of Bengals fans listening, But you know, me as a Chiefs fan, I'm just sitting back with a smile on my face, going, Yeah, Patrick Mahomes probably having the worst season of his career, of his career right now, and the Chiefs are undefeated, and they just keep on finding ways to win, like they did yesterday against the Raiders.
Speaker 1: Garrett made my day a little bit better after the Bengals loss when I flipped on the end of the Washington Commanders.
Speaker 2: Oh, we had an incredible game, what a finish, unbelievable.
Speaker 1: And Jayden Daniels hail Mary fifty two yard passer to Noah Brown that he catch us in the end zone. I've got to sell out of the chair. I can't yeah up to the flex and I can't say words that I that because it's not out on the air. I couldn't believe it that of us. It was hilarious and Dada Daniels didn't even know what had happened, and he really didn't know. You really didn't know. But that's what that that replay, that replay that Hail Mary will be shown from now into eternity. Oh will it was?
Speaker 2: It was the Hail Mary of the season so far. I don't know how they get any better than that. A jump a jump ball. The ball goes up in the air and there's Noah Brown right behind the whole mess, going, oh look what I found?
Speaker 6: As I asked, as the clock expires, Yeah.
Speaker 1: As the clock expired, I mean, Aaron, Aaron Rodgers threw when last week? Right at that like that at halftime but not but not sowing as time expires, to pull out, pull your fat out of the fire.
Speaker 6: So, uh, are the Dodgers done? Are they are? Are they gonna win this World Series? Wild man?
Speaker 1: I'm staying with the Yankees, and six Yankees are home. Aaron Judges struggled a little bit, without a doubt. But maybe when they get back to the friendly confines of the Yankee Stadium, the ghosts that kind of came over from the old Yankee Stadium to the new Yankee Stadium will inspire those boys to play a little bit better.
Speaker 2: The only team that has ever lost a World Series after winning the first three games. The last team was the two thousand and four Boston Red Sox pulled it out if the Yankees had a three games to nothing. Indeed, and one of the players on that Boston Red Sox team is now managing the LA Dodgers, Dave Roberts.
Speaker 1: Dave Roberts.
Speaker 2: It's twenty years later. The Dodgers may be going to a three to zero lead, and does Dave Roberts wind up on the wrong end, Yeah, no doubt. It's a mus must win for the Yankees tonight. And they've been in this position before.
Speaker 1: But they're home the fans, I don't They're not gonna be too many Dodger fans in the Yankees tadum Worthy blue unless they value their lives. And this is this is a musch win game for the Yankees. And everybody will tell you that. All right, well, did you get down three to zero? You can see you can see history that's not on your side.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir wild Man. Always good to have you on my side. And thanks for being on the show tonight again Gary Jeff.
Speaker 1: The Bengals are in a coma and on life support and that's and how we look at not good.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Wildman Walker on the nightcap seven hundred W l W.
Speaker 6: People that I really.
Speaker 11: Really respect after having just years and years of empirical data to show that he is absolutely on point with everything in the Internet of Things world.
Speaker 2: Is tech expert Dave Hatter. So we have him back for a conversation. Mister Hatter, Mad Hatter, How are you today? How does the day find you?
Speaker 8: You know, Gary, Jeff, I can't complain.
Speaker 7: How about you?
Speaker 2: You know what, It's just part of the part of God's great plan. And then I will then I will continue to see what God has next for me. And I think God believes and breaks every once in a while. But anyway, in the Internet of Things tech world, which you and I discuss on a regular there are all kinds of things that people need to look out for. It is a continual process, and you continue to track these stories down to let people know before they sign up for that app, before they agree to those terms of service. You probably would want to read those terms of service, although most people do not, And you'd like to know what little pitfalls await you when you're engaging in all of this wonderful technology. There is something called z scaler. I don't know what z scaler is. Is this something I should be concerned about and what is what are two hundred militious look alike domains for every one impersonated brand?
Speaker 6: So what are they saying in essence here.
Speaker 7: Dave, Yeah, Gary, Jeff. Here's the short end of it, which is the Scaler is a cybersecurity company. They do a variety of different things, but they did a study. And like many of these larger cybersecurity companies out there, you know, Microsoft puts out a big study every year, Verizon puts out of study. These things are useful for folks like me who work in the field, like an interest, you know, we look at these things to try to figure out what what might we be missing in terms of how we're support our customers. You know, what additional cybersecurity protections should they be thinking about in light of the ever changing landscape out there. I mean you mentioned it before. Sadly, the bad guys are really smart, really creative, really devious. They're constantly changing their tactics and while this lookalike domain idea isn't new, it continues to be a big So per this z Scaler study, they've said that of five hundred major brands, and you can think of a lookalike domain sometimes it's called a doppelganger domain. You know, I'll go out use a tool to copy your website, set it up on a server somewhere with a domain that looks to the naked eye, either very similar or exactly like your domain. So you get a phishing email or a text or whatever from me as a bad guy, you click a link. It takes you to a page or an entire website that looks exactly like the real thing, and in many cases, again to the naked eye, there's no way to tell. And you know, if you look at the details of this study, it shows you how common this is. And that's why I'm glad you brought this up as a topic. It's so important for people to realize. Firstly, anything on the Internet can be spoofed, whether it's an email address, it's a phone number, it's a text message, or it's a whole website. As we see here, it's really easy to do this, and sadly, because of this is so easy, you know, people fall prey to your scam. So just being aware that because something looks right to you doesn't necessarily mean it is. You need a healthy dose of skepticism, and this study just shows how common this particular approach is.
Speaker 2: Well, it'd be let's say, look at you talk about impersonated brands. You would look at say a bottle of coke, for example, but it's not coke, but it has the same script on the label, and it has the same colors as a bottle of coke. And I mean Coca Cola would be suing those people because they were impersonating their brand in such a an obvious way. But this is on This is on a on a website or on an internet brand, so it's the same thing.
Speaker 7: That's a good analogy, Grey, Jeff. I mean the goal of the bad guys is to you know, in many cases, literary copy the full website of an existing organization, set it up on another server registered domain name. Like they may use the crylicaracter that looks like the English character A, so to the naked eye, you're not going to notice the difference. Now, there's software out there that can potentially detect these kinds of things, but you know that costs more money. It costs friction. People don't know how to install that sort of stuff. So you get you get an email, hey your package is delayed or whatever. It is it's you know, super a great deal on product X. You click the link, it takes you to one of these lookalike aka doppelganger website and without you know, a special software that's attempting to detect these and keep you from landing on them, which is difficult because new ones are set up all the time. I mean, just look at the scale of the study, right, thirty thousand of these things, and they'll pop it up all the time. It's a it's a difficult challenge as a defender against this sort of thing because it's easy to do for the bad guy, it's effective obviously, or they stop doing it, and you know, the scale of it is difficult to take on because new ones are coming in all the time. So besides getting software like Cisco Umbrella are something that can filter none malicious site. I help he does the skepticism and understanding that just because something looks legit does not mean that it is and you should proceed with caution. You know, I hate that we're always the deemsday guys here Gary, Jeff, But you know, sadly, these scams are very effective and people are losing lots of money if you don't believe me. Go see what the FBI says and their annual report on Cybercroot, which is also worth reading because they're getting insight into the kind of things you need to be on the look out for.
Speaker 2: Well, there are all kinds of scams, and not all of them are on the Internet. Sometimes you're getting calls on your phone.
Speaker 6: This happened last week.
Speaker 2: My wife and I just sitting around and she gets a call. Didn't know the number, and they claimed they were from our bank, US bank, and they were just confirming that we had made one thousand dollars purchase on our account. They were just checking to make sure if this was a legitimate purchase. We hadn't made any thousand dollars purchases. And while she's on the phone, we're also checking our online banking. No, there's no thousand dollars. People are often tripped up by these phone calls, thinking that their bank is looking after it, and I guess banks do sometimes verify a large purchase or whatever. But I was listening to the voice on the end of the line.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 2: Just listening to her him address my wife like he knew her. When I just said, you know what, just hang up, it's a scam, she said. I think so too. How often does.
Speaker 7: That happen all the time. I'll tell you a real world story that happened to myself and my wife here, very similar to what you just described. But I would point out to folks, you know, first off, how would some bad guy know what they you use? Well, it could be because, for example, your information has been leaked slash stolen from companies like National Public Data, which is a background check company. You know.
Speaker 9: Think to your listening audience out there, think about the very sensitive information you would give up as part of a background check. All the places you've lived, all the places you work, all kinds of information. So when that information gets stolen or eaked, it gives the bad guys a treasure trail of information to use to impersonate someone that you actually do business with or interact with on a regular basis. Not to mention, they can also go somewhere like the Hambleton County Shaff's website, look up a real name, and when they call you at.
Speaker 7: Some kind of scam say I'm starting such shuts from the Hamletin County Shriffs office. You can go to this website right here, and see me. So again, these data breaches are relevant to you as an individual because it gives the bad guys information to use against you, either to impersonate you in creating accounts in your name, or to have information that would allow them to impersonate someone you work with regularly. To make these kinds of scams more legit. So we're sitting on accounts, my wife and I. She gets a text from our bank USAA claims there's fraud on our account. Call this number. So she again reminds us, it's very easy to spoof a phone number to go find out what is a legitimate number at USAA or us bank or wherever, and send a text message or make a voice call from that number. It's very easy, doesn't require any skill in our websites. You can go to right now and do this. So that's the first thing. Be aware of spoofing. I keep bringing that up because it's unfortunately very easy for the bad guys to do. So we get this text, she calls the number. I'm sitting there next to her, and they start asking questions that to me, they already should know the answer to. Here's a tip, carry jar if your bank doesn't know your bank account number.
Speaker 6: It's not your bank, yeah.
Speaker 7: Or they want you to confirm it. Wait, you called me. Why would you need me to confirm information when you called me.
Speaker 2: And there was something similar that happened in this phone call, and she said, well, you ought to know that, and then we knew.
Speaker 7: If they ask for your credentials, here, here's your name and passwork, they can reset your passwork. They do not need to know your password if it's your legitimate bank. Right, So, anytime they start asking questions about things, they should already know either you're working with a terrible bank and you should find a new bank, or you're getting scammed, right, so those should be red flags. You know, my wife hung up it was death obviously a scam. Yeah, thankfully we managed to avoid that. But yeah, this happens all the time. It's easy to spoof a phone number. It's easy to get phone numbers that know that you work or company X, Y or Z E because of these data breaches or maybe something you posted online. Yeah, sadly, people need to be extremely skeptical. And in a scenario like that, my advice would be to do what you did, hang up, go log into your account and you know, check there and or get out your bank statement, or find a number once you've logged into your account and call using a number that you've used before. Something you can verify, like from a bank statement. Sure it can't be spoofed or scammed.
Speaker 6: Right, Well, here's another scam.
Speaker 2: Dave Hatter scammers swindled an older man in California out of twenty five grand by using AI voice technology to claim his son was in horrible accident needed money for bail. It was absolutely in the old man's ears. It was absolutely his son's voice. And this technology has gotten so far advanced the deep fake AI. The voice soundedlike technology. It's incredible.
Speaker 7: I just can't stress enough, I think. And this speaks to spooping, which we've now talked about numerous times. Right, if the form was spoofing, I could call from any number I want and then potentially use this AI's voice cloning software to close someone's voice to convince you that you're talking to that person. So could I potentially find your son's phone number in a data reach because you listed him in a background check? Maybe his name and phone number? Could I call? And now most people are going to say, but wait, a minute, How would you get the Sun's voice?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 7: And here's my answer to everyone, because you know, I think we've talked about this before, Garret Jef. I've done a couple of TV interviews, one with John matter Reechs where we cloned this voice real time on TV using a free tool. Literally went out, found a website to claim to do it, set up an account with no previous experience, no experience using that site except for you know, forty five minutes before John showed up, and then you know, no cost. It was a free site. We cloned his voice. You can watch me type in what his voice says coming out of my speakers. So this technology is absolutely real to your point, it continues to improve. This is one of many examples like this. But again getting back to well, I'm not a celebrity like John matt Reeves, how would you get my voice?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 7: If I know your phone number, can I call that phone number and possibly get a voice greeting of you telling me I'm not there, leave the message maybe and if I can't, and guess what I'm you in about fifteen minutes, Because you only need a few seconds of someone's voice in most cases with Matt a Reis. He literally trained the tool by reading a sentence. But if I can download your voice because I can find it in a video posted online somewhere, or because I can call your phone.
Speaker 1: And hear your voice, I'm you.
Speaker 7: So when people say this could never happen to me, how is this possible? Now? You know this doesn't I don't think they know exactly how this all went down. But to your point, the guy claims in the interview that you know, it absolutely sounded like his son, and unfortunately he was scammed out of a lot of money. You know, this is often known as the grandparents scam. It's been around for a long time. My dad got one of these calls once. Now this is probably it was four or five years ago, probably before it was any kind of AI involved. Because in some cases, you know, they're calling in the middle of the night and they say they have a cold or whatever. You know, they're social engineering. You catch you off guard with some kind of urgency, right. Typically in the scams, there's a major problem. It's urgent you get to do. Acts are trying to get you to act before you stop and think about it. But I just can't stress enough to folks, This voice cloning deep fake AI thing is real. There are increasing reports of it being used in a variety of different scams, not the least of which are on individuals like this poor gentleman here who apparently lost twenty five grand as a result of it.
Speaker 2: Well, and people who are routinely their voice is routinely out in you know, in space like here, on the radio, or on TV as you mentioned, or a movie or a politician or whatever. For somebody like Bill Cunningham or Scott Sloan or a Gary Jeff Walker, it would be very easy to just to record the show for about five minutes and they would have me saying anything and everything. The problem with the scammers is that I'm likely to say anything at all at any time, so you know, I might have a hard time talking myself out of being faked like that.
Speaker 9: Well, Jerry, yeah that's a good point.
Speaker 7: But yeah, I mean, anyone that's in the public eye on a regular basis, you know, audio, video, public speaking, et cetera, is potentially going to be at more risk because if there's someone who doesn't have a social media presence short of like a voicemail greeting, how would someone get your voice. But yeah, it's it's a common tactic, folks. Man have seen the story, you know that Ferrari was almost had a bunch of money stolen using this very technique where the quote CEO of Ferrari was, you know, instructing the CFO of Ferrari over a phone call after some previous messaging to go do something. And eventually the CFO that the Chief Finance Office that something's not right here and asked the CEO about a book recommendation that the CEO had made, which of course the gamer couldn't answer. But yeah, we're seeing this boat, you know, as a tax on corporations as well as a tax on individuals because you know, if you can, if you could scam a couple thousand dollars out of this individual as a couple of times a day, if you're in a country where there's no jobs, no opportunity, but you got a lot of time on your hands and access to the internet, which is where so much of this clime comes from.
Speaker 1: Southeast Well, yeah.
Speaker 7: Southeast Asia folks really need to be.
Speaker 1: Aware that this is the thing.
Speaker 2: Sadly, yes, indeed, well, thank you for spreading the awareness.
Speaker 6: Mister hatter as always.
Speaker 7: It's always my pleasure, Gary Jeff. And if you live into Right Kentucky, vote for all six of the incomings for city council. Ye, how endorsement is man.
Speaker 6: There you go.
Speaker 2: The mayor has spoken seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 12: Hey, if you're like most Americans, you have a ton of debt and you're paying insane interest rates every month. Stop getting ripped off. Let loan Proto consolidate that debt for you at a significantly lower rate, using the equity in your home. I had SAIDI Loan Protos Express equity line of credit can get you up to five hundred thousand dollars so you can consolidate your debt in as little as five days. Their average client saves over one thousand dollars every month. Now's the time to act. With an express equity line of credit. You can access up to ninety percent of your home's equity, usually without an appraisal. Don't put it off. Get your financial house in order for the new year. Call loan Proto now to see what you can save. It's a free quote and there's no credit poll unlike the other guys. Call now five one, three, eight hundred fifteen to fifty loan proto dot com five one three eight hundred fifteen to fifty equal Housing lender n MLS one sixty six one seventy one subject to lender approval NMLS consumer access dot org.
Speaker 13: We hear a lot from our patients after we've successfully treated their erectile dysfunction, but one thing we hear the most is why didn't I get treated sooner? This is Jeff for Tri State Men's Health. And if you're suffering with ED and all the emotional and relationship problems that causes, don't wait call us today. ED is sid simply a medical condition like any other, and for most men, it's fully treatable, which means you can get your sex life back. And I'm not talking about sex, that's just okay, by the way. I'm talking about good sex with the ability to enjoy intimacy without the anxiety that affects so many men who have ED. In fact, you might find your performing like you haven't in years. At Try State Men's Health, we're ED experts. We've successfully treated thousands of men with protocols that are successful in well over ninety percent of cases, and we have a variety of treatments and treatment combinations. You can get the one that's right for you, so stop waiting and call us. Your first visit includes bloodwork, a medical consult and, if medically advised, a test dose and if that test dose doesn't work in the office.
Speaker 1: Your visit is free.
Speaker 13: Call eight hundred nine hundred nine to six y five four or go to try statemenshealth dot com.
Speaker 2: Hear that it's the sound of a gourmet meal.
Speaker 9: You didn't have to lift a finger to prepare because with Factor you get chef prepared, ready to eat meals delivered