Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to kf I AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Ooh.
Speaker 1: Coming up in the big mass of twelve o'clock hour, we are going to get to a memoir written by the former girlfriend of a secret service agent and about a bunch of security lapses and things that she is privy to.
Speaker 3: It's kind of some juicy stuff.
Speaker 4: So let us know what it is your watching, because we're also going to be doing what you're watching Wednesday.
Speaker 5: Coming up at the bottom of the hour.
Speaker 4: If you did see the first episode of the second half of the fifth season of Yellowstone, let us know there was another show that I just saw you. Oh, The Diplomat season two is out, and they just dropped the trailer for the season two of Bad Sisters.
Speaker 1: My husband does not watch television usually ever.
Speaker 3: I mean there's a.
Speaker 1: Couple shows that he loved West Wing, Hill Street, Blues, Law and Order, things like that, but then The Office.
Speaker 3: But fell in love with Yellowstone.
Speaker 1: I mean that, like, I can literally just name on one hand shows that he has watched.
Speaker 3: He's just not a TV person.
Speaker 1: Fell in love with Yellowstone and said to me yesterday that he's not watching them. He's waiting till they all come out. And I said, you're like a binge guy. Now for Yellowstone He's like, well, no, if I want to watch one and then they end on a cliffhanger and I want to watch the next one. Yeah, And so he's his addiction to Yellowstone is so bad he's gonna wait till they all come out so he can just plow through them. That's pretty strong strong support there for someone who doesn't watch television.
Speaker 4: It's a strong indicator of how good that show is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you want your Jeopardy question?
Speaker 6: Sure?
Speaker 3: Women in the Armed Forces for one thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: The answer is no.
Speaker 7: Oh sorry, that was really well done.
Speaker 3: That was classic you classic you.
Speaker 1: This Golden Girl rose to the rank of staff sergeant under her original name Bernice Frankel.
Speaker 5: Oh, who's b Arthur?
Speaker 3: How did you know that?
Speaker 4: I have a poster of be Arthur up in my room. No, the only one that would be close to Bernice would be be Arthur. Okay, right, yeah, it wouldn't be Betty White. I think that would be Bernice and Betty would be close enough. But I mean Dorothy would be the one to serve. She strikes me as a she's sturdy. She's Sturdy's yeah, she's God breast her soul.
Speaker 5: You've seen some things.
Speaker 3: They're all gone now, right, are they? I think so?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: Yeah? What else is going on?
Speaker 5: What's happening?
Speaker 1: Storms? Heavy rain forecast to hit Valencia or oh, it's not happening anymore. Oh, storms is still screwing me up. Storms in heavy rain or forecast to hit Valencia in Spain tonight. This is just two weeks after the worst floods in Spain's modern history. Remember, more than two hundred people were killed. Some dignitaries went to the area and they were booed out of town or a lack of response.
Speaker 4: They're still working to clear the mud and the rain water from those floods from two weeks ago. Governor Gavin Newsom met with President Biden others at the White House yesterday during a trip to highlight his his key priorities in an attempt to Trump proof California before the President elect takes office January twentieth. Newsom has vowed to make his state the liberal foil to conservative policies coming out of Trump's Oval office, especially when it comes to policies related to climate change, abortion rights, LGBTQ plus protections. The state filed more than one hundred lawsuits against Trump during his first term.
Speaker 1: Consumer prices rose two point six percent in October compared to a year ago. This is what they were predicting. This was the expectation. But that's inflation going in the wrong direction.
Speaker 4: They said that this is a look at prices that increase a little more than a week after the issue appeared to help former President Trump win reelection. It was snapping a streak of six consecutive months of cooling inflation.
Speaker 1: Said prices fell over the past year for some common grocery items white bread, bacon, bananas, but the price of eggs went up thirty percent over the previous year because of the bird flew.
Speaker 4: Dave Minn is projected to win California's forty seventh congressional district, replacing republic and Scott baw This is one of those that Democrats wanted to flip, but it was announced earlier today that it looks like Republicans are going to get at least the majority the two hundred and eighteen that they need for the majority, and we'll probably get four or five seats more than that.
Speaker 1: Here's an odd story with some layers. Man has been found dead in a tanning bed in a Planet Fitness in Indianapolis. Apparently he was dead in the tanning bed for the weekend when he failed to come home from the gym. His family reported him missing. His aunt said that he was wearing an ankle monitor, which led investigators to determine he never left the gym, Ultimately located in the tanning bed.
Speaker 4: This guy had been charged with possession of a narcotic drug and possession of a controlled substance last year.
Speaker 1: So he got high heroin or something and then went in the tanning bed and didn't wake up.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 5: We mentioned this last week, but not Tre Dame.
Speaker 4: Five years after it burned and almost completely, the cathedral has reopened. A surplus of nearly one hundred and fifty million dollars that were donated to help renovate this thing will be used for future preservation, including maybe fire extinguishers.
Speaker 3: Juan Soto.
Speaker 1: There were some people in the press box eating area on Sunday at the Chargers game having a very heated argument about Juan Soto and what he's worth and comparing him and Otani and the paydays that they are getting, and it was very heated. You're the baseball person, do you think wan Soto's worth what they say he's going to go for?
Speaker 5: He's young enough.
Speaker 4: He did not perform as well as they expected him to when he was in San Diego for a hot minute.
Speaker 5: So I just this, he's are they saying hitting.
Speaker 1: It exactly one hundred million? How much did Otani.
Speaker 3: Get six forty six fifty something? Wan Soto can't pitch? Mm hmmm, yeah, interesting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know if it goes that he's hitting it exactly the right time to get maximum money, and I don't know if this is the peak and then we start to see it fall out after that. A quick note out of DC. Former President Trump has apparently chosen a former congresswoman, former Democratic Congresswoman Tulca Gabbard to be the Director of National Intelligence and oversee all of the different intelligence agencies.
Speaker 3: That's odd.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 4: She was also one of the names that was potentially thrown around for Secretary of Defense, but it looks like she'll be.
Speaker 5: Director of National Intelligence.
Speaker 3: Coming up next.
Speaker 1: A secret Service agent breaches security and takes his lover to Obama's beach house.
Speaker 5: And you say it's a classic move.
Speaker 3: I say it's a strong move.
Speaker 2: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from kfi A six.
Speaker 1: Forty fire crews made quick work at that brush fire near homes and the Palisades. Broke out about ten this morning, burning in heavy brush in that hilly area near the reservoir. But they had water drops and they limited it to one acre, no structures damaged.
Speaker 4: Before we get into our secret service story, why don't we give you a chance at one thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Now your chance to win one thousand dollars just enter this nationwide keyword on our website cash.
Speaker 5: That's cash.
Speaker 2: Cash eder it now at KFIAM six forty dot com, slash cash Howard by Sweet James Accident Attorneys. If you're hurting an accident, Winning is everything, call the winning attorneys at Sweet James one eight hundred nine million that's one eight hundred nine million or Sweet James dot com.
Speaker 4: Cash is the word. Make sure it goes on the website. Email is how we notify the winners. John's going to give you another shot at one thousand dollars coming up in just a couple minutes.
Speaker 8: Hey, Gary, Shannon Rick here, love the show, Shannon, I'm going to the Sunday night game Charges versus the Bengals.
Speaker 5: My son is a big, big Bengals fan.
Speaker 8: What time should I get to the game to try to see him practicing on the field. He will be so stoked out.
Speaker 9: Thank you.
Speaker 8: Have a great day, guys.
Speaker 1: You get there a couple when the gates open a couple hours before kickoff. You're gonna want to get there early anyway, because it's a primetime game and traffic and parking and all of that.
Speaker 3: A lot of people, a lot of people. It's going to be packed.
Speaker 4: Special commission launched by Homeland Security Secretary has concluded, among other things, that the secret Service agent tasked with protecting former President Obama knowingly and repeatedly breached his duties while trying to impress a lady friend. Undercover Heartbreak is a memoir of trust and cover break. What a great title.
Speaker 5: Korea.
Speaker 4: Dwan Yen describes a series of security lapses, including a time when she said she was invited to join the senior agent at the Barack Obama beachfront property in Hawaii in twenty twenty two, while the Obamas were away, he.
Speaker 1: Sent her several photos of the house a week earlier, suggested a tour. He said, no one will know. If anything, I'm the one who would get in trouble. He's given the pseudonym Dale in the memoir. He then tried to get her to fool around in Michelle Obama's bathroom. We should have sex in Michelle's bathroom, he said, like a Mile High club.
Speaker 5: I don't know how many people are in that club.
Speaker 1: Right, I don't know how many people are in the actual Mile High club either. I guess that just an urban legend of having sex in the lavatory on a plane.
Speaker 3: Listen, Oh, did I just stumble on something?
Speaker 5: No, no, you're in No, no, no, no.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say how into I would be.
Speaker 5: I would be.
Speaker 4: I would question anybody who took me up on that offer.
Speaker 1: I want to pee with my pants on and in an airport or an airplane bathroom, like I don't want anything exposed.
Speaker 5: Right, That's that's what I mean.
Speaker 4: Like I can understand, I can understand the male aspect of it.
Speaker 1: Where because dudes, you just want to have sex anywhere? Probably?
Speaker 5: Sure?
Speaker 3: Why a bathroom? I don't know.
Speaker 4: And then like, why would you want to join a club that would have me as a member?
Speaker 5: Why would I want to? Yes?
Speaker 4: What I really if you said yes, are you really the person I want to be doing that with?
Speaker 3: Right, that's the question. That's the question.
Speaker 1: Also, look at who the guy who's sitting in you know, fifty six C. What if he went in there and did the same thing before you did?
Speaker 5: Right, then you're.
Speaker 1: Getting fifty six c's body hair involved.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: That was a little much. We didn't even need to go that far into it. But again, this.
Speaker 3: Korea Korea coreer who's reading.
Speaker 1: This book, like who ran out to get a book that a former Secret Service agent's girlfriend just.
Speaker 4: Told me that it was going to be a strong move. That that would have been a strong move. If you were dating duty.
Speaker 1: A Secret Service member and they're like, I will take you to Obama's beachfront property in Hawaii, I would think that's a strong move, that's a that's a strong move. But then you're also derelict of your duty, so that's also not that's not good.
Speaker 3: I think maybe it wipes out the cool factor.
Speaker 4: She said she first met the Secret Service agent while he was assigned to the security detail of the Obama family while she was vacationing in Martha's vineyard in that same year of twenty twenty two. He said that he had he was divorced and had been for nearly a decade, but she said, it turns out that the agent was still married. There were major red flags, breaches of trust and of his job. One of my friends joked, you were walking and you were a walking national security risk.
Speaker 3: How she loved every minute of it?
Speaker 5: I bet.
Speaker 4: She explained that she had his direct contact information from emails that the agent had shared with her.
Speaker 5: His being the secret service agent's boss.
Speaker 1: Is she pissed he didn't leave his wife and so now she's telling everybody about his dereliction of duty.
Speaker 4: That's an interesting Yeah, that's a scorned woman. She said that she knew what their code names were. I knew what day Orange Theory was. I knew what day Michelle Obama had private tennis lessons, and when her personal trainer came, what day.
Speaker 3: Orange Theory was. She went to Orange Theory.
Speaker 5: I guess maybe Orange Theory went to her.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, they bring the rowing machine and the treadmill and everything. I don't know, if you're a Michelle Obama, maybe your code name would be Bonds.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 1: Remember yesterday when I dressed up like Phonsie to put you in a better mood.
Speaker 3: People say that I look like howdy dooty? What are you looking at? An awful Mustang? That is an awful car? Who's driving that?
Speaker 4: It's like a bad gold awful Mustang convertible? The ugly one is that? What wearing a Fedora driving a convertible Mustang?
Speaker 5: Well, that's what we get these days.
Speaker 2: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 4: Oh boy, former President of Trump President elect Trump has apparently picked Florida Congressman Matt Gates to become the attorney general.
Speaker 1: My god, well, that's what Trump holds most, dear loyalty.
Speaker 4: Uh well, and I guess he's been loyal. But Matt Gates is forty two years old. He's awful, He is a wow and.
Speaker 1: He still has like the smoke. I don't know if there's fire over him with underage girls.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's been accused in different instances of sexual harassment. A federal investigation into at least some of his acquaintances into sex trafficking come specifically the Seminole County tax collector former guy named Joel Greenberg, and according to reports, investigators were looking into his Matt Gates's trip to the Bahamas from twenty eighteen. He had joined a marijuana entrepreneur and a hand surgeon who allegedly paid for the trip, accommodation's traveling expenses and escort services. Investigators reportedly looking into whether escorts were trafficked four Gates and weather. Gates accepted any paid escorts, and again, at this point they've not charged him with anything, and we need to point that out repeatedly.
Speaker 3: But yuck.
Speaker 5: Just the guy.
Speaker 4: I mean, there's one thing to be said about. Yes, he has been fiercely loyal to Trump, but when you get somebody close to you in such an incredibly high profile position as Attorney General of the United States, I would have begged for someone who didn't have the stink of absolute crap all over him like that guy does.
Speaker 3: Yuck. I mean, he has a law degree, but he wasn't really a lawyer. I know plenty of people with law degrees were morons.
Speaker 1: No, I know, I'm just saying that for Attorney general too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, usually there comes with a little bit.
Speaker 1: Well, let's let's go ahead and clean this up with Bridget Jones as a single mom going on dates.
Speaker 5: Okay, it's time for what you're watching Wednesday. The following program is brought to you in Living Colors, but you watch.
Speaker 3: It in the Americans love television. They win their kids on.
Speaker 5: It USA television.
Speaker 7: Matt, you've been watching too many of those live television shows.
Speaker 1: Now. I was obviously joking when I said clean it up with Bridget Jones as a single mom going on dates, because do we really need another chapter of Bridget Jones.
Speaker 3: This one is Bridget Jones Mad About the Boy.
Speaker 1: The fourth movie in the romantic comedy series Bridget Jones renee Zelwigger of course fifty five Now she reunites with Hugh Grant in the new movie.
Speaker 3: Trailer is up on our website. Our website.
Speaker 1: It shows Bridget as she struggles with life as a widow and mother to two young children years after the death of Colin Firth, not really Colin Firth's death, but his character Mark.
Speaker 4: She gets me out on the dating scene. She grows close with a couple new guys in her life. A younger man played by Leah Woodhall's.
Speaker 1: That's a reoccurring plot within the past year or so of older women and younger men. It's like the third or fourth movie that is centered around that kind of a relationship. Is that holding up a mirror to what's happening in real life? Or is that just who's asking for that?
Speaker 5: My wife is married to a younger man.
Speaker 3: By about two months.
Speaker 4: Okay, relax, it's two months and twenty six days. I don't know why you have to always disparage me.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: These movies are not for me, They're for you. Yeah, I guess what you're looking for is now. No, I don't find that to be a believable trope the I don't. I don't either, Ben Stiller. One of the one of the trailers is for Nutcrackers. He's over his head. He ventures into a rural town to care for his recently orphaned nephews in this movie on Hulu called Nutcrackers.
Speaker 5: We'll see how that goes.
Speaker 4: Streams on Hulu on November twenty ninth. And then if you were a fan of the Mission Impossible movies, we have the trailer for the final movie of the final movie the second half of Mission Impossible. This is the final reckoning Tom Cruise still running for his life.
Speaker 1: So you are in the middle of the Kate Lanchette Show. Disclaimer, it's I have finished it.
Speaker 3: It takes some turns. It is a classic thriller.
Speaker 4: This was very graphic still even at the beginning of episode four.
Speaker 1: Yes, I told you there was gonna be a couple of minutes in episode four and then and then you're done with the sex.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there it's heart. It's a depressing especially that episode Oh yeah, yeah, e Lee depressing buckle up. But the point where he calls the taxi for his own wife, where Sasha Baron Cohen calls the taxi, Yeah, I was like, oh, I guess it's a last minute trip.
Speaker 5: I going ahead and packed for you.
Speaker 1: I'll just say it doesn't get lighter, it doesn't it not from It's okay, well I will I will definitely watch it. And then and then it ends, and you just you want something like, you know, what's the fashion girl Emily in Paris? You want Emily in Paris. It's just sprinkle on top exactly. We also started watching I only got about fifteen minutes into it.
Speaker 5: Last Night.
Speaker 4: But one of the things that has been on Paramount TV that I've seen and I wanted to watch was Lioness and I guess in the first season it was called Special Ops. Lioness, Zoe Saldana, Nicole Kidman, Morgan Freeman. It's man, I guess you would say it's like Homeland, but a little bit more on the actual combat side and less on the spy side.
Speaker 5: It looks really, really great.
Speaker 4: The production value owner is really high Yellowstone. Of course, we saw the first episode of the second half of season five that just came out, and it set records in terms of its viewership for season premiere.
Speaker 1: I'm so bad with shrinking that I got the alert from Apple yesterday at six oh two or whatever that a new episode was available. Usually I don't watch till Wednesdays, that's really when it comes out.
Speaker 3: But I got the alert that was available yesterday. I watched it right away.
Speaker 6: I did.
Speaker 3: I gobbled it up. Why are you mad at that? Well, because we can't talk about it until I see it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't need to. It's not like there, it's not like you're in a r on the seat of your pants watching that. It's just a nice, warm, comfy show. Yeah, it's nice, although there are there are conflicts in it.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to remember the The last scene of the last one is when he goes to the bar.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, so you'll get some comic relief from that.
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, we'll continue with what you're watching Wednesday when we come back.
Speaker 2: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 4: We're talking President elects Trump is back in Florida's in West Palm Beach International Airport right now. Trump Force one or whatever they call that plane has touched down. He was in DC earlier today for the meeting with President Biden at Biden's invitation, and just before he touched down, the news broke that Trump has asked Matt Gates to be the next Attorney general.
Speaker 2: Yuck.
Speaker 1: I can't believe the Attorney General of the United States is going to be, like you said, a guy that has that stink on him.
Speaker 4: If I would think there's very little ants that he gets that he gets confirmed even by a majority Republican Senate.
Speaker 1: The Marco Rubio rumor is now fact. Trump is nominating Marco Rubio for Secretary of State.
Speaker 3: Love that pick I do.
Speaker 1: Oh, I thought, no, no, no, I think that what he's respected, and I think he's smart.
Speaker 3: I wanted him to be on the ticket before that assassination.
Speaker 4: That maybe one of the reasons why he got Secretary State is because he wasn't on the ticket. We're doing what you watch on Wednesday talking about stuff that's on the TVs right now.
Speaker 9: Listen to the two of you orian Era at church Ladies. If you had a private jet, you would have some fun in.
Speaker 6: It with your spouse.
Speaker 5: Don't act that's different. Private jet is very different.
Speaker 3: Private jet is very different. And one hundred.
Speaker 1: We're talking about like a South flight. Yeah, from Oakland, Tulsa.
Speaker 3: No one.
Speaker 10: Okay, what I'm watching is obviously what everybody is watching. It's the New Yellowstone. But I thought I'd put a funny twist on it. I forgot that I purchased the whole season, you know, a year and a half ago or whenever when I'm hiatus through Amazon Prime, and then I am paying for the subscription for Fubo because I wanted to watch it so bad and realized yesterday that I got charged for something I already bought. Happy.
Speaker 1: I think I think that's probably more common than you think.
Speaker 4: Well, we were just talking yesterday about people who pause their subscriptions or they think they paused their subscriptions and don't actually pause their.
Speaker 9: Shannon's the cords like King Over are in Irvine. I am currently watching or I watched How to Rob a Bank on Netflix. Excellent documentary. It's about a dude who rubs a string of banks in the Seattle area. Definitely a watch that good do he.
Speaker 5: Goes that one I have not seen yet.
Speaker 3: I have not heard anything about that.
Speaker 6: Hey, Gari and Shannon of Nate and La, if you're not watching The Penguin, you are missing out. I just watched the season finale and it was incredible. I I'll show you. Also, my wife and I have started season two of Lions, which is another fantastic show. If you haven't started it, you need to. They're both great. Cheers. Thanks for everything you guys.
Speaker 2: Kill it.
Speaker 4: I heard Mo actually give a review of Penguin with Colin Ferrell as Penguin, but he said it's you don't have to know anything about Batman or the DC world or anything. It's just a good He compared it to Scorsese just in terms of it being a good mob centered story.
Speaker 1: It looks that's exactly the vibe you get when you look at all of the promotional you know, posters or videos or what have you. The only reason I haven't is because I thought I did have to have DC.
Speaker 3: Knowledge, which I have none. You know Batman, I know the Batman.
Speaker 5: Well, then that's what you need to know.
Speaker 1: I started watching a Michael Keaton movie last night, but it was very depressing, so I turned it off, which one was about his wife goes to rehab and leaves him and he's going to take care of the kids and mister Mom exactly. It's essentially that, but without the funny sef without Terry got so far.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there are new Disney Lucasfilm Star Wars movies coming out. Back on the seventh of November, it was revealed that Simon Kinberg had signed on to develop and write and produce a new Star Wars trilogy for Lucasfilm. You mentioned that, of course, the debate has focused on whether or not it's going to be a continuation of the nine film Skywalker stories, tying it to Luke and Darth, et cetera. The first laid out by George lucasback in nineteen seventy seven, or if this new trilogy would feature.
Speaker 5: Or Ray in it.
Speaker 4: Ray Skywalker, of course, played by Daisy Ridley. So at this point some fans are critical that Lucas would would return to the well to make episodes, as they're called, beyond the trilogy of trilogies, the original nine. It's weird to say original nine, but the nine movies the build as finishing up with the Star Wars episode nine, Rise of the Rise of Skywalker. That film brought in more than a billion dollars globally, but also wasn't received well by much of the fan base.
Speaker 5: It only got a B plus basically.
Speaker 4: But Ray, played by Daisy Ridley in the last three episode movies, is a key to the next franchise's turn, they say, and that puts the trilogy story development as well as the conceptual stages, on a collision course with the Ray standalone movie that is already in the works that they're working on. Is Bumper Puss in It? I doubt it, but there could be some cross still in development, so there's no reason why you.
Speaker 1: Space War is also still in development, So maybe I reach out and we can do.
Speaker 3: A collab, a collab. Amazon is going to shut down.
Speaker 4: It's free V, the ad supported streaming television service been migrating over to Prime Video. In a new episode of free V, shows would be available to people who don't pay for Prime. But the brand is going to be phased out, they said over the next couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: You know what I think is going to be phased out is the Golden Bachelor Bachelorette franchise.
Speaker 5: You think it's I just.
Speaker 1: Don't know if there's an audience for that. It didn't get even a fraction of the buzz that it got with Jerry Gary Gary who spells it Jerry right, which is stupid, and he turned out to be an awful person.
Speaker 5: And I, as much as.
Speaker 4: I I hate watched The Golden Bachelor, I didn't watch a momentorette.
Speaker 1: About ninety seconds of the first episode and was like, I cannot do this. I mean, part of it was just really kind of depressing about you know what's out there?
Speaker 3: Well, you don't have to worry about it? Are you worried about hood?
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, my husband could leave me tomorrow and then I'd have to like go out there and find detritus.
Speaker 5: I feel like you'd you'd take a break, yes from dudes for a while.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Okay, Well good talk more love advice. That's what John specializes in. Yes, we'll see you tomorrow. Please call with all of your love questions for John.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and play him the booty song.
Speaker 5: That's a great idea.
Speaker 3: He'd love it. We'll see you tomorrow. Stay drive everybody, lest things. You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 4: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio ap