Speaker 1: Something you should go time out for something you should know. Brought to you by Genesis gooldira dot com. You can get a free gold and silver guide at Genesis gooldira dot com. And I'm excited to have a guest in the studio. I've been talking about this, it seems like for a long time. The Freedom Festival is this weekend and I've got Mike Denning joining us.
Speaker 2: Mike, how are you, sir?
Speaker 1: Fantastic John, I'm excited now we work together with the fireworks and super absolutely And how long have you been in the fireworks business.
Speaker 2: You've been doing this a bit thirty years this year, so you're kind of getting a hang of this. Yeah, I'm learning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And they do such a great job, the Fireworks Store and then the group that does the actual fireworks presentation is a different name than Fireworks Store.
Speaker 2: What is that called Epic Sky Display.
Speaker 1: And they do an epic job and they're going to be a part of you guys will be a part of the event on Saturday at Houstt's in Brandon. But that is that's the cherry on top. So there's a whole big event that leads up to it. Let's talk about what's happening on Saturday for the South Dakota Freedom Festival.
Speaker 2: Well, John, it starts off with four o'clock. We have a huge kid zone area, which is the venue. I want to back up a little bit and thank HOUSTT Speedway for allowing us to be there at their venue. But out on the asphalt out there, we're going to have a kid zone. And so we've got like five inflatables, face painting, touch a truck where the Armed services are there. Might even have a fire truck there too, And we have mascots coming from all over the United States. Give you a little teaser globe. The mascot for the Harlem Globetrotters is going to be here. I think that's really cool. John was the Utah Jazz Bear for twenty five thirty years and he's going to be there. Yeah, he'll be here. That's awesome. And then we got local guys Chris from the Storms coming nice and maybe another one. But they're going to be run around having fun with the kids. It's a big family event. Food truck there, you know, food's available, you know whatever.
Speaker 1: The kids are sponsored by Black Hills Federal Credit Union. A big thank you of them, and now that part is free. The kids area is free, right.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is free. Bring your family out. It's rain er shine, bring them out. It's going to be a blash.
Speaker 1: And it's coming up this Saturday, September twenty first, I remember when we started talking about this that felt like so far away, and I remember when we first started talking about this, I committed that, yes, I'll be there to help, and then I also found out, Oh, I'm also gonna be at Grand Falls. I don't know if you heard the news they moved that the scheduled concert for this Saturday has been postponed, like move back, so I don't have to leave, I don't have to try to be in two places at once. So I'm like, hey, thank you Sebastian Bach for moving your thing for me. It was not my fault, but again it worked out really nicely for me. Freedom Festival. Now we've got some music as well. We've got a band called the Last Call Band from this area. They're going to start things off at four pm and they do a great job. Yes they do, And if that was it, we would already have a great event because we've got the kids area, We've got a band, and we've got fireworks that we talked about. But in addition to that, we've got three really good national touring acts that are going to be in town to help celebrate and honor veterans as well.
Speaker 2: Yes, we were excited about it, as Cole Caleb and Cam.
Speaker 1: Kerrie Boston, Cam Allen and Cole Hartley.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean we're really excited because you probably already heard their music. They're out there. They're really good too, and so they're going to play all night long. We're going to have a guest speaker also come, retired Colonel Kurt Galaghas coming from Hills Air Force Base in Utah. He's going to come and speak to us too in between stuff. It's a huge family but the bottom line is all the veterans get in free, John, So every veteran come, get in free. Kids twelve and under get in free. So it's a huge family event. In all the money that we raised from this event, we're given to its Earmark for Midwest Honor Flight this year, so we're giving back to the veterans. It's the right thing to do. I hope everybody's got time in their schedule on Saturday to stop on out to use the speedway starting at four o'clock.
Speaker 1: And it's going to be a really, really good time and we're going to be out there, and I hope that you'll come out there again. If you're a veteran and you don't have a ticket yet, you can stop and pick one up at High V at twenty sixth then Marion, or if you don't have a ticket and you you know, Saturday rolls around, just come out there and you know, show them at the gate that you're a veteran and they'll we'll make sure that you get in because this is all about you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know. In the fireworks show, it's going to be sponsored by Molar Palettes.
Speaker 1: I love those guys, and you guys do such a great job with the fireworks. But they're a wonderful community partner that are helping to put this event on. And that's a big part of this event.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's huge, So we're excited. I hope everybody's got time this Saturday. Put it on your calendar. Let's meet at the Houston Speedway this Saturday, starting at four o'clock. Yeah, gates open at four again.
Speaker 1: The Kids Area for Black Hills Federal Credit union that's free that starts at four, and the music starts at four with Last Call Band. I think they kind of kick off right away and then throughout the evening a bunch of wonderful music honoring our veterans. If you are a veteran, first of all, thank you for your service. Second of all, you get in free, so join us on Saturday and everybody else. Tickets are available at Sdfreedomfestival dot org. And again, Mike, thank you for all the time that you put into this, because you can't put on an event like this without volunteers. But you also can't put on an event like this without sponsors, and I know you have been working your tailoff bringing sponsors on board. If somebody listening right now is going, hey, I'd like to get involved. Are you still accepting sponsors?
Speaker 2: Yes, we are. You can just go online to our website and it's all right turn in front of.
Speaker 1: You Sdfreedomfestival dot org. We would love to have you involved. So if you're hearing this, going hey, this sounds like my kind of thing, It is your kind of thing, join us, come out and have some fun with us as well, celebrating and honoring veterans on Saturday sdfreedom Festival dot org.
Speaker 2: Mike, thank you again, Thank you, Jent again.
Speaker 1: The South Dakota Freedom Festival this Saturday at hust Speedway and Brandon. All of the details at sdfreedom Festival dot org. Something you Should Know. Something you Should Know is brought to you by Genesis gooldira dot com. Put your retirement plan on the gold standard. Get a free gold and Silver guide now at genesisgoldra dot com.