Speaker 1: Would you guys talk about microwaves on the Minnesota Goodbye while I was gone, because I've been going through emails here kind of previewing and what is it all about microwaves?
Speaker 2: We were I don't know how it came up, but we were talking about how what was like the first time you accidentally put something in the microwave that wasn't supposed to be in there?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: And so now everybody's emailing in their experiences of putting something in the microwave.
Speaker 1: Because I think some people you don't realize it until you do it and you go, oh yeah. I don't think Carson realized that until he puts some sort of metal aluminum tray in there to reheat Chipotle or something.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the pretty much most of the stories involved some kind of aluminum foil of some sort.
Speaker 1: Mine was a cup with metallic writing on it and it said like, you know, Duluth, Minnesota in metallic writing or something, and it was sparking and I'm like, oh, yeah, it's got metal in there, so all right. Interesting. I just saw those. I'm like, Okay, what did I miss last week? On the Minnesota Goodbye? All right, moving on. One thing that I missed was Juanita's rant. So let's get right to Juanita's rant on the Minnesota goodbye and pushing all the right buttons here, and let's see whether I can make this happen.
Speaker 4: Here we go, Hey, y'all, So this rent for the rent for this week is about the company meetings.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: I don't know how many company meetings you all have down there at the Ihearts, but every other week or so we have this meeting about they want to go over the budget and how much we made and production and uh boring shit. The thing is is that everybody in the meeting knows that when it gets timed and they say, does anybody have any questions, you don't ask anything because all that does is just prolong the fucking meeting. Yes, but there's always that one asshole and wants to ask fifteen fucking questions about the shit that they already went over. Shut the fuck up, you're just prolonging the meeting. We don't want to sit here any longer. Then they just go on and on. Send a goddamn email. Don't make the meeting go any longer than it has to, because you got some dumb ass question that you want to ask God that just this is me the fuck off.
Speaker 3: Well that's my rant. I love you guys.
Speaker 5: Bye.
Speaker 1: You know what, that is probably my favorite rant you've ever done, because I can so relate to that. Everybody, they go does anybody have any questions? And the standard response is no, silence, yeah, silence, and then they go, okay, well all right, if you have any questions, let me know. Steve Lettart he used to work here at the station on the morning show. Great guy, very funny, but he would always piss me the fuck off. He always had a question. And the funny thing about Steve was I sat behind him in his staff meeting.
Speaker 3: One time.
Speaker 1: This kid was on his phone the in tie your meeting. So at twenty thirty minute meeting, I mean not for a minute did he get off his phone? Not for a minute. Yeah, And then at the end he's like, you know, he had to ask the questions. And I think sometimes people ask questions to let the bosses know I'm here, I was paying attention, I'm engaged, sure, and so I finally had to tell Steve, don't ask questions, and he's like, what, because I just want to, I'm like, don't ask questions. So I was in a meeting yesterday about one of our clients that were doing ads for and I had missed the first meeting because I was on vacation. So I felt like I needed to bring up and let them know, Hey, I'm here and I'm interested and I'm not just like, you know, like not paying attention. So I asked a question or two, but I was very brief and I didn't keep asking questions because I didn't want to be that person.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I don't be that person.
Speaker 1: I was on a meeting one time. It was like we were doing it was like a national call where there were DJs from all over the country from iHeart stations, like probably a dozen of us, and we're all talking about like advertising Pajama Gram or some shit like that, and so we're going over like, you know, here's the things to say, here's what they want you to focus on, whatever. And we had one of the people from Pajamagram on the call, and this DJ from like Austin, Texas. He's like, you know, I just want to tell you what an honor it is to be included in his campaign, and I just want to let you know that we are just thrilled over here at k b utt to be a part of this. And he went on and on and on, and he just and he was one of these blow hard DJs and most of them have died off by now. This was probably twenty years ago. And he just kept going and going about how much he loved being a part of but and I finally hung up. I'm like, this is fucking bullshit. I'm going to hang up. And I did they see.
Speaker 5: You hang up?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 5: Or they hear you hang up? That was before zoom, Okay, so they don't.
Speaker 1: They didn't know. Yeah, they just heard a beep beep.
Speaker 5: But well someone left us.
Speaker 1: So don't be that person. Thank you. On need to be that guy that was pissed me the fuck off?
Speaker 3: Ah, I love it.
Speaker 1: Okay, here comes Charlene. Charlene says, I want to comment on a conversation you had last week on the Morning show. You were talking about a woman who had said something like all women need two men in their lives, one stable, insecure and the other that fills the wild, exciting need. I only caught a little bit about the conversation, but I believe that was the gist of it. I'm just writing to speak on my experience in this situation, same but different. I'll give an abbreviated version. I met a woman six years ago that was searching to find another woman to fill a void. Her husband was going through a period where he was emotionally unavailable. Plus she wanted to explore her sexual curiosity as well as introduce a third into their relationship, only if there was a strong connection between her and I. Though fast forward six years later to today, her and I are best friends and more sometimes and sometimes all three of us spend time together. Her and I have a level of intimacy that her and her husband do not have, and he knows that and he's okay with it completely. She can be wild and her true self with me, and she has her husband that is everything else to her. All three of us are happy and appreciate ciate what we have. Side note, I only dated one person during this time, and even though my bestie and I were friends during the time I dated someone, the woman I was seeing was always jealous and ultimately it was too much for her. Anyway, want to give you my insight on that conversation and to say to each their own. As long as everybody's open minded and honest and truly okay with everything that's going on, then just be happy. The only thing that I question about that, Charlene, is that you were left without that emotional closeness. You were left without that rock. You had your fun, love and you're exciting times.
Speaker 6: But she said that the girl was her best friend too.
Speaker 1: Okay, I guess, yeah, I guess that's a good point.
Speaker 6: So maybe it was like still her emotional rock.
Speaker 1: But then do you have the person I think we all need somebody at some point in life who signs the the emergency medical stuff Like if I get in a you know, a boat accident, yeah, and I've lost consciousness. I need that person in my life who can go to the doctor and say, yes, go ahead and take him off life support, you know that tightly?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Right, I mean Susan does that, would do that immediately.
Speaker 1: She would do that immediately.
Speaker 7: And when they're like, oh, he's got like a you know, eighty percent chance, she's like, ah, it's not looking good looking as well, take him off.
Speaker 1: He's only got a bloody nose. Yeah, well I would euthanize him anyway. So that's interesting. So I'm glad that it's working out for you, Sarlene, and I'm glad that you are getting a chance and your your friend is getting a chance to explore that sexual side that they would not have got to explore in a other relationship.
Speaker 7: The only thing I'll say about that actual original email that she maybe didn't catch was the fact that woman wasn't being honest with her husband though, right, So it was a matter of like pretty much cheaty yeah, and no kind of agreement yeah versus like there was an open conversation about what was happening.
Speaker 1: Very interesting, Thank you, Charlene. Next one is from Charrace, who is a regular supporter of the Minnesota Goodbye, and she says, Hello, Dave, Jenny Bailey Vont And let you guys know about a funny guy I found on TikTok. Maybe Vont knows who he is. He makes all these different funny videos about all the different stereotypes about black people. Sure race, by the way, is black. In case you're wondering and really exaggerate it. It's funny because ninety percent of it is true. To find him on TikTok. His name is I Am Randy Pyron. I am Randy p y Ron. You guys should check it out because it really is funny. My favorite video is things Black people Can't help doing. He has several and they are funny. You should check him out. Hope you have a great weekend, all right. Rather than pull one up right now, I think what we should do is we should let Vont know about this. I'll tell him and then maybe Vont wants to play some of them, you know, yeah, because I think it'd be funnier if Vont presents this, then the three whitest people in Minnesota presenting this on the show.
Speaker 5: So thank you, Arce.
Speaker 1: Appreciate that. Next one, Hold on, I gotta scroll down a little bit. Here we go, Minnesota, goodbye. Question regarding pets like dogs and cats, do you let your animals sleep with you in your bed or do you kennel them or sleep on the floor, et cetera, Jenny, when you watch dogs, where do they sleep? We'll start there.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they all usually only sleep either. If they're kennel trained and that's what they're used to, they'll go on a kennel. Otherwise, I give them free range of the main floor. There's only one dog, the Oji dog I ever started watching that. I make a little bed next to my bed with like a bunch of blankets, and he sleeps next to the bed.
Speaker 5: But that's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Josie just would have the When she was younger, she had the free reign of the house, but she would sleep downstairs on the couch or wherever she slept. Then we kept her in a kennel because she would pee. I think we'd let her sleep in bed with us for a while, but then that's when she started to pee. Roger sleeps wherever he wants to, usually in bed with Susan. I don't have a problem with dogs in the bed. Yeah, they're your buddies.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I agree.
Speaker 1: Where does Cap sleep.
Speaker 5: With me if he wants to.
Speaker 2: Usually he'll sit in the window until I fall asleep and I'll wake up and he'll be like he likes to be the big spoon, so he'll stretch out on my side, Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Or he'll sit right by my head. I love him so much.
Speaker 1: I know you do. A dog update. We are not going to get Gavin? Oh yeah, yeah, I mean I really liked Gavin and I just kind of had a bond with him, like we clicked right away because he seemed to love me back. And I think that's what sometimes we like somebody because oh they like us too. But Susan was just not She had an open mind to it. But I just number one. I asked her the other day, I said, we've got to get back to these people about Gavin. Gavin was like a short haired yellow lab mix and he was about you know, he was a larger dog, and he was a puppy. He still was ten months old. He had a lot of energy, and he shed a lot. And I said to Susan, I said, we got to get back to you know, spots last stop and let him know. And she said, I can't. I just I missed Josie. And then she started to cry.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, okay, well, not going to force this. Yeah, but I'm sorry Gavin.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh. She goes on to say, my husband had an English bulldog before me in his bed, so she always slept with him. That was tough adjustment for me to have a big bowling ball that wouldn't move at the end of the bed, but I got used to it. Now we're on our second English bulldog. And I cannot imagine not sleeping with her in the bed. She curls up between me and my hobby, likes to sleep under the covers, and even puts her head on the pillow. Now it's always better to get her back. Now, it's always better to get her backside at night versus her paws side, as her paws are scratching your back at night. But either way, I wouldn't change it for anything. She is such a sweetheart. What are your thoughts? You have any thoughts on sleeping with your dog in the bed and let us know?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean why not.
Speaker 1: Our dogs had the free reign of like they can jump on the couch, they could sleep on the couch. What one thing when Gavin came over, because he came over to visit and we let him in the house just a romp around. And one thing he did that I didn't like that I would have definitely trained him not to was counter surf where they put their paws up on the counter. Yeah, and then they like start licking around. And he was big enough to do it, Josie was not. And I saw him do that and I thought, well, that's definitely a habit that he is going to have to break.
Speaker 6: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 7: It's like, it's so hard to have a dog that counter surf. I have Luckily, I honestly don't think I've ever had a dog that counter surf of the dogs I watch, but I know Fallon's dog, Dolly is a little shit and counter surfs because last time I was there and made food, she got into all of it and it was like in the center of the counter.
Speaker 6: She like jumped up, yeah, And I was.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, that would be There's two things that dogs do. Well, maybe there's several things I think that dogs do that I would have to break them up. Number one, barking constantly. I could never have a dog that like looked out the front window. And there's a couple of dogs in our neighborhood when I go for a walk that they look out the front window. You could never have that. Two a dog that jumps up on guests or you when you walk in the door. Some people don't really don't like dogs as much as we think, so, especially when a bigger dog will jump up and put their paws on your chest they think they're being very friendly. Nope, can't do that one. So what I learned to do. And if you're a breeder or trainer, tell me about this. You grab their paws and you squeeze them, so it's uncomfortable, not until they hurt, but their paws are up there. You grab them and you squeeze them until that, like is a little bit uncomfortable, and then you kind of need them a little bit. Now you don't kick them in the chest, but you give them a little bit of a knee. So now that jumping up experience is uncomfortable. Sure, do you know any better than that, Jenny, I don't.
Speaker 6: I've never heard of that, And no, I don't know any better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I can attest to I do not like being jumped on my dogs because I like dogs, but there's something ingrained in me that's a little bit scared of any dog that jumps on me. So I do not like being jumped on by dogs, and usually I just put my back to them.
Speaker 7: And I think I seem to be very well aware of that because I don't mind it. But I know for the people who don't like it, like, they really don't like it. And I think some owners just like don't understand that, and so they don't really they're like, oh, he's harmless, she's harmless whatever. Yeah, and it's like, yeah, but some people just don't want to be jumped on by dogs, so you should grab your dog if that's the kind of dog they are.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. We used to have a colleigue that would do that a lot, and they were older so they were a little bit hard to train. But she was just a joy. Her name was Gracie, and Gracey loved everybody but Marcus, my daughter Beth's husband when he lived here. He didn't like dogs. I don't know if he got bit by a dog when he was a kid. He was not a dog person. And Gracie did not like Marcus. And I don't know if he jumped she jumped on her, whatever, but it was the one person. Don't you think dogs can tell whether you like dogs or not?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 7: Yes, I do, because I feel like every dog loves me and I love them so much.
Speaker 1: Same, so I think it's the same with babies. Babies and toddlers can tell whether you are like them and are comfortable kids and babies love me because I love kids and babies. I remember a strange woman asked me to hold her baby going through TSA at the airport one time, and and she was harried and had a crib a cradle, she had a stroller, and she had a suitcase, and she had a crying baby or baby, and she's like, will you hold my baby? And I'm like, i'd be happy to babies love me. And he just looked up at me. He's so happy.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, none, he said, Dad, I'm.
Speaker 1: Going to play a recording for you. This is totally spontaneous on the airplane yesterday on the way from Atlanta to home. Now, we had not slept all night, overnight flight from Hawaii to Atlanta. We're so fucking tired. This baby, a boy probably ten months old, cried and screamed the entire time. And I'm gonna play it for you. You're ready, Okay, let's see if I can find it here.
Speaker 3: Hold on, Okay.
Speaker 1: Now, this went on for two and a half hours.
Speaker 5: One N't they get tired?
Speaker 2: I guess I don't know how babies work, but I feel like once you get tired, you tire yourself out and fall asleep.
Speaker 5: After screaming so much.
Speaker 1: He did stop, probably about twenty minutes outside of Minneapolis, but he cried and screamed, and it was such an interesting thing because the dad tried to comfort him the whole time. The mom did nothing.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm assuming wherever they were on vacation, the mom was probably Karen for that kid the whole time.
Speaker 5: So the second they get on the plage, she's like, take.
Speaker 1: Care of this, maybe so. And then Grandma, I think, was across the aisle. Grandma picked up the baby and kind of bounced, but nothing would console this baby. And I try to be understanding, but I'm going to bring up something that we brought up before. And Susan and I had a little discussion about this one. We paid for Comfort Plus, which is not first class, but it's a little bit cushier of a seat, a little bit more leg room. Yeah, and because you know, it's a long flight, long you know whatever, and so we paid an upgrade for Comfort Plus. And Susan said, it pisses me off that they are in Comfort Plus where we decided to have like a little bit better experience, but they brought a baby that screams. And I said, you know, it's funny. We brought this up on the show, and because there was a TikTok or a video a couple of months ago where a woman was arguing with another passenger that she brought her baby into first class and the baby cried the whole time, and he said, don't bring a baby into first class. So we had a discussion about whether that is elitist or whether you think that, you know, only poor people in the back should put up with a crying baby. And I'm kind of on the fence about it. To me, you know, that's why you pay for more. That's why you pay for more to live in a nice neighborhood, not that poor people deserve to live in a shit neighborhood, but that's why you buy, you know, live in the best neighborhood you can afford. That's why you buy the safest car and most reliable car, not because poor people deserve to be injured in a car crash, but because that's what you feel is worthwhile. All Right, I'll leave that up to you to discuss. That is going to be the Minnesota Goodbye for today. Send your emails in to Ryan's show at KADIWB dot com.